Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MUC5B
Description: mucin 5B, oligomeric mucus/gel-forming
Alias: MG1, MUC-5B, MUC5, MUC9, mucin-5B, cervical mucin MUC5B, high molecular weight salivary mucin MG1, mucin 5, subtype B, tracheobronchial, sublingual gland mucin
Publications232 found, 100 shown here
- Characterization of mucins from cultured normal human tracheobronchial epithelial cellsD J Thornton
The Wellcome Trust Centre for Cell Matrix Research, Division of Biochemistry, School of Biological Sciences, University of Manchester, United Kingdom
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 278:L1118-28. 2000..epithelium over a 2- to 3-wk period and express increasing mRNA levels of the airway mucin genes MUC5AC and MUC5B as the cultures age; the levels of MUC2 mRNA were very low throughout the study...
- Expression of membrane-bound mucins (MUC1 and MUC4) and secreted mucins (MUC2, MUC5AC, MUC5B, MUC6 and MUC7) in mucoepidermoid carcinomas of salivary glandsLlucia Alos
Department of Pathology, Hospital Clinic, IDIBAPS, University of Barcelona, Villaroel 170, 08036 Barcelona, Spain
Am J Surg Pathol 29:806-13. 2005..Normal salivary glands frequently expressed MUC1 and MUC4, mainly in ductal cells; MUC5B and MUC7 stained mucous and serous acini respectively of submandibular and minor salivary glands; and MUC5AC and ..
- Large scale identification of proteins, mucins, and their O-glycosylation in the endocervical mucus during the menstrual cycleYlva Andersch-Björkman
Department of Medical Biochemistry, Goteborg University, 41390 Gothenburg, Sweden
Mol Cell Proteomics 6:708-16. 2007..Three gel-forming (MUC5B, MUC5AC, and MUC6) and two transmembrane mucins (MUC16 and MUC1) were identified...
- The salivary mucin MG1 (MUC5B) carries a repertoire of unique oligosaccharides that is large and diverseKristina A Thomsson
Department of Medical Biochemistry, Goteborg University, Medicinaregatan 9A, 413 90 Gothenburg, Sweden
Glycobiology 12:1-14. 2002..The presence of MUC5B as the major mucin in this preparation was confirmed by amino acid analysis and its reactivity with the monoclonal ..
- Structure and biosynthesis of human salivary mucinsA Zalewska
Department of Pharmaceutical Biochemistry Institute of Chemistry, Białystok, Poland
Acta Biochim Pol 47:1067-79. 2000Human salivary glands secrete two types of mucins: oligomeric mucin (MG1) with molecular mass above 1 MDa and monomeric mucin (MG2) with molecular mass of 200-250 kDa...
- MUC5AC and MUC5B Mucins Are Decreased in Cystic Fibrosis Airway SecretionsMarkus O Henke
Department of Pulmonary Medicine, Philipps University Marburg, Germany
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 31:86-91. 2004..part to mucus hypersecretion, there are no published data showing an increase in the gel-forming mucins MUC5AC or MUC5B in CF secretions...
- Promoter analysis and aberrant expression of the MUC5B gene in diffuse panbronchiolitisKoichiro Kamio
Department of Respiratory Diseases, Research Institute, International Medical Center of Japan, 1 21 1 Toyama, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo 162 8655, Japan
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 171:949-57. 2005..We analyzed nucleotide sequences of regulatory region of six mucin genes--MUC1, MUC2, MUC4, MUC5AC, MUC5B, and MUC7--and detected their promoter polymorphisms...
- The role of crude human saliva and purified salivary MUC5B and MUC7 mucins in the inhibition of Human Immunodeficiency Virus type 1 in an inhibition assayHabtom H Habte
Department of Surgery, University of Cape Town, Cape Town, South Africa
Virol J 3:99. 2006..The purpose of this study was to purify salivary MUC5B and MUC7 mucins from crude saliva and determine their anti-HIV-1 activities.
- Upper airway mucin gene expression: a reviewMahmoud S Ali
Epithelial Group, Institute for Cell and Molecular Biosciences, The Medical School, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, Framlington Place, Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Laryngoscope 117:932-8. 2007..The protein backbones of mucins are encoded by mucin genes. Of the currently known 20 mucin genes that encode protein backbone of mucins, 16 have been identified in the airways...
- Structure and function of the polymeric mucins in airways mucusDavid J Thornton
Wellcome Trust Center for Cell Matrix Research, Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Manchester, Manchester M13 9PT, United Kingdom
Annu Rev Physiol 70:459-86. 2008..In normal physiology, the secreted mucins, in particular the polymeric mucins MUC5AC and MUC5B, provide the organizing framework of the airways mucus gel and are major contributors to its rheological ..
- Hyaluronan fragments/CD44 mediate oxidative stress-induced MUC5B up-regulation in airway epitheliumS Marina Casalino-Matsuda
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine R 47, University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine, 1600 NW 10th Ave, RMSB 7072A, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 40:277-85. 2009Mucus hypersecretion with elevated MUC5B mucin production is a pathologic feature in many airway diseases associated with oxidative stress...
- MUC5B is the major mucin in the gel phase of sputum in chronic obstructive pulmonary diseaseSara Kirkham
1Wellcome Trust Centre for Cell Matrix Research, Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Manchester, Manchester, United Kingdom
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 178:1033-9. 2008..Therefore, we hypothesized that the polymeric mucin composition or properties may be different in the sputum from individuals with COPD and smokers without airflow obstruction...
- Leptin up-regulates MUC5B expression in human airway epithelial cells via mitogen-activated protein kinase pathwayHyun Jae Woo
Department of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Gumi CHA Hospital, CHA University, Gumi, Republic of Korea
Exp Lung Res 36:262-9. 2010..Treatment with leptin significantly increased the expression of MUC5AC and MUC5B in NCI-H292 cells; these effects were blocked by mutant leptin...
- Protein and mucin retention on oral mucosal surfaces in dry mouth patientsRashida Pramanik
NIHR Biomedical Research Centre and KCL Salivary Research Unit, Kings College London and Guy s and St Thomas NHS, Guy sCampus, London, UK
Eur J Oral Sci 118:245-53. 2010..High-molecular-weight mucin (MUC5B) was present in greater amounts on the anterior tongue than on other surfaces in control subjects...
- Anti-HIV-1 activity of salivary MUC5B and MUC7 mucins from HIV patients with different CD4 countsHabtom H Habte
Department of Surgery, Division of General Surgery, University of Cape Town, Observatory, Cape 7925, South Africa
Virol J 7:269. 2010We have previously shown that MUC5B and MUC7 mucins from saliva of HIV negative individuals inhibit HIV-1 activity by 100% in an in vitro assay...
- A common MUC5B promoter polymorphism and pulmonary fibrosisMax A Seibold
National Jewish Health, Denver, USA
N Engl J Med 364:1503-12. 2011..The mutations that have been implicated in pulmonary fibrosis account for only a small proportion of the population risk...
- The pulmonary fibrosis-associated MUC5B promoter polymorphism does not influence the development of interstitial pneumonia in systemic sclerosisAnna L Peljto
School of Public Health, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Chest 142:1584-8. 2012..We recently identified a common variant in the promoter region of MUC5B (rs35705950) that has a significant effect on the risk of developing both familial and sporadic forms of IP...
- Mucin5B expression by lung alveolar macrophages is increased in long-term smokersRuth Sepper
Institute of Clinical Medicine, Tallinn University of Technology, Tallinn, Estonia
J Leukoc Biol 92:319-24. 2012This study investigated the expression of MUC5B by AMs in the lungs of cigarette smokers and nonsmokers...
- The genetic and environmental causes of pulmonary fibrosisKen Macneal
University of Colorado, 12631 East 17th Avenue, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Proc Am Thorac Soc 9:120-5. 2012..and environmental causes of pulmonary fibrosis, specifically focusing on genetic and epigenetic variants of MUC5B and several types of ILD, to discuss why only some individuals with the MUC5B promoter polymorphism develop ..
- Mucin 5B promoter polymorphism is associated with idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis but not with development of lung fibrosis in systemic sclerosis or sarcoidosisCarmel J Stock
Interstitial Lung Disease Unit, Royal Brompton Hospital and National Heart and Lung Institute, Imperial College London, London, UK
Thorax 68:436-41. 2013A polymorphism (rs35705950) 3 kb upstream of MUC5B, the gene encoding Mucin 5 subtype B, has been shown to be associated with familial and sporadic idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF)...
- The idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis honeycomb cyst contains a mucocilary pseudostratified epitheliumMax A Seibold
Center for Genes, Environment and Health, National Jewish Health, Denver, Colorado, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e58658. 2013We previously identified a MUC5B gene promoter-variant that is a risk allele for sporadic and familial Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis/Usual Interstitial Pneumonia (IPF/UIP)...
- Association between the MUC5B promoter polymorphism and survival in patients with idiopathic pulmonary fibrosisAnna L Peljto
Department of Epidemiology, School of Public Health, University of Colorado Denver, USA
JAMA 309:2232-9. 2013..In addition to the potential for improving prognostic models, identifying genetic and molecular features that are associated with IPF mortality may provide insight into the underlying mechanisms of disease and inform clinical trials...
- The MUC5B variant is associated with idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis but not with systemic sclerosis interstitial lung disease in the European Caucasian populationRaphael Borie
Service de Pneumologie A, APHP, Hopital Bichat, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 8:e70621. 2013A polymorphism on the MUC5B promoter (rs35705950) has been associated with idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF) but not with systemic sclerosis (SSc) with interstitial lung disease (ILD)...
- Genetic variants associated with idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis susceptibility and mortality: a genome-wide association studyImre Noth
Section of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL, USA Electronic address
Lancet Respir Med 1:309-17. 2013..Several rare genetic variants and one common single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) of MUC5B have been associated with the disease...
- A morphometric study of mucins and small airway plugging in cystic fibrosisPierre Regis Burgel
Service de Pneumologie, Hopital Cochin, Universite Rene Descartes, 27 rue du Faubourg St Jacques, 75 679 Paris Cedex 14, France
Thorax 62:153-61. 2007..Little knowledge exists on structural changes and plugging in small airways in cystic fibrosis...
- Evidence that gallbladder epithelial mucin enhances cholesterol cholelithogenesis in MUC1 transgenic miceHelen H Wang
Department of Medicine, Liver Center and Gastroenterology Division, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School and Harvard Digestive Diseases Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Gastroenterology 131:210-22. 2006..The gel-forming mucins play an important role in the early stage of cholesterol gallstone formation. We investigated whether the gallbladder epithelial mucin encoded by mucin gene 1 (MUC1) influences susceptibility to gallstones...
- Sequence of the 5'-flanking region and promoter activity of the human mucin gene MUC5B in different phenotypes of colon cancer cellsI Van Seuningen
Unite INSERM 377, Place de Verdun, 59045 Lille Cedex, France
Biochem J 348:675-86. 2000..5 human mucin gene cluster, we have characterized 3.55 kb of the 5'-flanking region of the human mucin gene MUC5B, including the promoter, the first two exons and the first intron...
- Normal respiratory mucosa, precursor lesions and lung carcinomas: differential expression of human mucin genesM C Copin
Laboratoire de Biochimie et Biologie Moleculaire, Hopital C Huriez CHRU Lille, France, Faculte de Medecine, Universite de Lille II, Lille, France
Front Biosci 6:D1264-75. 2001..Eight human mucin genes have been well characterized: MUC2, MUC5AC, MUC5B, MUC6 map to 11p15...
- Proteomic analysis of polymeric salivary mucins: no evidence for MUC19 in human salivaKarine Rousseau
Wellcome Trust Centre for Cell Matrix Research, Faculty of Life Sciences, The Michael Smith Building, University of Manchester, Manchester M13 9PT, UK
Biochem J 413:545-52. 2008b>MUC5B is the predominant polymeric mucin in human saliva [Thornton, Khan, Mehrotra, Howard, Veerman, Packer and Sheehan (1999) Glycobiology 9, 293-302], where it contributes to oral cavity hydration and protection...
- Model systems for investigating mucin gene expression in airway diseasesM C Rose
Children s Research Institute, Children s National Medical Center, Washington, DC 20010, USA
J Aerosol Med 13:245-61. 2000..Several inflammatory mediators have now been shown to regulate expression of MUC2, MUC5AC, and MUC5B genes. Importantly, mucin gene expression can be regulated both transcriptionally and posttranscriptionally...
- Mucins of the human endocervixI K Gipson
Schepens Eye Research Institute and Department of Ophthalmology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Front Biosci 6:D1245-55. 2001..mRNA levels of the gel-forming mucin MUC5B, the major gel-forming mucin expressed by the endocervical epithelium, peak before midcycle and the amount of ..
- Up-regulation of mucin secretion in HT29-MTX cells by the pro-inflammatory cytokines tumor necrosis factor-alpha and interleukin-6M G Smirnova
Department of Physiological Sciences, University of Newcastle, Medical School, Framlington Place, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE2 4HH, UK
Eur Cytokine Netw 12:119-25. 2001..The MUC5AC and MUC5B mucin gene products have been identified as components of these effusions...
- Sulphation of the salivary mucin MG1 (MUC-5B) is not correlated to the degree of its sialylation and is unaffected by cystic fibrosisD K Shori
Department of Oral Pathology, Rayne Institute, King s College, 123 Coldharbour Lane, London SE5 9NU, UK
Pflugers Arch 443:S50-4. 2001..To test this hypothesis we compared expression of sulphate and sialic acid on three salivary mucins namely MG1 (MUC-5B), MG2 (MUC-7) and GL...
- The structure of complement C3b provides insights into complement activation and regulationA Abdul Ajees
Center for Biophysical Sciences and Engineering, 1530 3rd Avenue South, Birmingham, Alabama 35294, USA
Nature 444:221-5. 2006..derived from the proteolysis of C3b, have revealed a domain configuration, including six macroglobulin domains (MG1-MG6; nomenclature follows ref. 5) arranged in a ring, termed the beta-ring...
- An inventory of mucin genes in the chicken genome shows that the mucin domain of Muc13 is encoded by multiple exons and that ovomucin is part of a locus of related gel-forming mucinsTiange Lang
Department of Medical Biochemistry, Goteborg University, Goteborg, Sweden
BMC Genomics 7:197. 2006..Using such methods we are able to characterize different organisms where genome sequence is available with respect to their mucin repertoire...
- Induced sputum concentrations of mucin in patients with asthma and chronic coughMakiko Jinnai
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, Shogoin, Sakyoku, Kyoto 606 8507, Japan
Chest 137:1122-9. 2010..Mucus hypersecretion is an important pathophysiologic index of airway disease. Measurement of secreted mucin in sputum has been reported in asthma, but not in chronic cough with or without increased sputum production...
- Mucin biosynthesis in the bovine goblet cell induced by Cooperia oncophora infectionRobert W Li
Bovine Functional Genomics Laboratory, Animal and Natural Resources Institute, USDA ARS, Beltsville, MD 20705, USA
Vet Parasitol 165:281-9. 2009..b>MUC5B expression at the mRNA level was also higher in lamina propria at 28dpi...
- Physical characterization of the MUC5AC mucin: a highly oligomeric glycoprotein whether isolated from cell culture or in vivo from respiratory mucous secretionsJ K Sheehan
The Wellcome Trust Centre for Cell Matrix Research, Division of Biochemistry, School of Biological Sciences, 2 205, Stopford Building, University of Manchester, Manchester M13 9PT, U K
Biochem J 347:37-44. 2000..Similar antisera raised against the MUC2 and MUC5B mucins were not reactive...
- Coordinated localisation of mucins and trefoil peptides in the ulcer associated cell lineage and the gastrointestinal mucosaR J Longman
University Department of Surgery, Bristol Royal Infirmary, Bristol BS2 8HW, UK
Gut 47:792-800. 2000..We tested the hypothesis that individual trefoil peptides are uniquely localised with specific mucins in the UACL and normal gastrointestinal epithelia...
- Mucin gene transcripts in benign and borderline mucinous tumours of the ovary: an in situ hybridization studyF Boman
Pathology, Calmette Hospital, Lille, France
J Pathol 193:339-44. 2001..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the expression of mucin genes (MUC1, MUC2, MUC3, MUC4, MUC5AC, MUC5B, MUC6) in ovarian mucinous tumour cells, to relate MUC gene expression to the histological diagnosis, and to ..
- Pattern changes of mucin gene expression with pneumococcal otitis mediaY Tsuboi
Otitis Media Research Center, Department of Otolaryngology, School of Medicine, University of Minnesota, 2001 Sixth Street S E, Rm 216, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 61:23-30. 2001..The purpose of this study was to characterize mucin gene expression in middle ears and Eustachian tubes with pneumococcal ear infection...
- The characterisation of mucin in a mature ovarian teratoma occurring in an eight year old patientAnwar Suleman Mall
Departments of Surgery, Groote Schuur and Red Cross Hospitals, University of Cape Town, Cape Town, South Africa
Int J Med Sci 4:115-23. 2007..The presence of MUC5AC (M1 antigen) and MUC6 have previously been found in ovarian mucinous cyst. We characterized the mucins in the crude mucus and tissue of a mature ovarian teratoma in an 8 year old girl...
- Organization and regulatory aspects of the human intestinal mucin gene (MUC2) locusA Velcich
Department of Oncology, Montefiore Medical Center Albert Einstein Cancer Center, Bronx, New York 10467, USA
J Biol Chem 272:7968-76. 1997..orientation to that of MUC2, is expressed with a pattern distinct from that of MUC2, yet similar to that of MUC5B and MUC6, two additional mucin genes located at chromosome 11p15...
- Potential use of mucins as biomaterial coatings. II. Mucin coatings affect the conformation and neutrophil-activating properties of adsorbed host proteins--toward a mucosal mimicTomas Sandberg
Division of Surface Biotechnology, Department of Physical and Analytical Chemistry, BMC, Uppsala University, Uppsala SE 751 23, Sweden
J Biomed Mater Res A 91:773-85. 2009..and characterization study on mucins of bovine salivary (BSM), porcine gastric (PGM), and human salivary (MG1) origin, this study evaluates the effect of mucin precoating on the conformation and neutrophil-activating ..
- Immunohistochemical detection of gastric mucin in normal and disease statesK L Taylor
Department of Anatomical Pathology, University of Cape Town, South Africa
Oncol Res 10:465-73. 1998..Diffuse adenocarcinomas showed strong positive MUC2 and 6 staining, and in some cases MUC5 and 7. In conclusion, we have shown different patterns of mucin immunoreactivity in various gastric disease states...
- Mucins and mucin binding proteins in colorectal cancerJames C Byrd
The Department of Gastrointestinal Medicine and Nutrition, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Blvd, Unit 436 Houston, TX 77030, USA
Cancer Metastasis Rev 23:77-99. 2004..There are two structurally and functionally distinct classes of mucins: secreted gel-forming mucins (MUC2, MUC5AC, MUC5B, and MUC6) and transmembrane mucins (MUC1, MUC3A, MUC3B, MUC4, MUC12, MUC17), although the products of some MUC ..
- Protein signatures (molecular synapomorphies) that are distinctive characteristics of the major cyanobacterial cladesRadhey S Gupta
Department of Biochemistry, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario L8N 3Z5, Canada
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 59:2510-26. 2009..12 aa insert in Pol I, 3 aa insert in RpoB, 2 aa insert in KgsA, 6 aa insert in TyrRS, 2 aa insert in tRNA-mG1 transferase and 1 aa deletion in the RpoC protein); a clade of the low-B/A ecotype Prochlorococcus strains (5 aa ..
- Assay of mucins in human tear fluidSandra Spurr-Michaud
Schepens Eye Research Institute, 20 Staniford Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Exp Eye Res 84:939-50. 2007Mucin genes, both secreted (MUC2, MUC5AC, MUC5B, MUC7) and membrane associated (MUC1, MUC4, MUC16), have been reported to be expressed by ocular surface epithelia...
- Allelic association and recombination hotspots in the mucin gene (MUC) complex on chromosome 11p15.5K Rousseau
The Galton Laboratory, Department of Biology, University College London, Wolfson House, 4 Stephenson Way, London, NW1 2HE, UK
Ann Hum Genet 71:561-9. 2007..5; tel MUC6-MUC2-MUC5AC-MUC5B cen; approx. 400 kb)...
- Structure, function and gene expression of epithelial mucinsE Seregni
Nuclear Medicine Department, Istituto Nazionale per lo Studio e la Cura dei Tumori, Milan
Tumori 83:625-32. 1997..biochemical studies, it is now possible to identify eight apomucin genes, namely MUC1, MUC2, MUC3, MUC4, MUC5AC, MUC5B, MUC6 and MUC7...
- MUC4 and MUC5B transcripts are the prevalent mucin messenger ribonucleic acids of the human endocervixI K Gipson
Schepens Eye Research Institute and Department of Ophthalmology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Biol Reprod 60:58-64. 1999..polymerase chain reaction analyses indicated that the principal mucin transcripts of human endocervix are MUC4 and MUC5B, with MUC4 predominant in 15 of 21 samples...
- Mucin apoprotein expression in COPDGeorge D Leikauf
Molecular Toxicology Division, Department of Environmental Health, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH 45267 0056, USA
Chest 121:166S-182S. 2002..lung include MUC2 (in cells with and without secretory granules), MUC5AC (in surface and submucosal mucous cells), MUC5B and MUC8 (in submucosal mucous cells), and MUC7 (in submucosal serous cells)...
- Regulation of MUC5AC mucin secretion and airway surface liquid metabolism by IL-1beta in human bronchial epitheliaThomas Gray
National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 286:L320-30. 2004..Fully differentiated NHTBE cultures secreted two major airway mucins, MUC5AC and MUC5B. IL-1beta, in a dose- and time-dependent manner, increased the secretion of MUC5AC, but not MUC5B...
- Dietary n-3 fatty acids have suppressive effects on mucin upregulation in mice infected with Pseudomonas aeruginosaDaniel Tetaert
INSERM, U837, JPARC Research Centre, IMPRT, Place de Verdun, Lille, France
Respir Res 8:39. 2007..This suggests that n-3 PUFAs may have a protective effect against mucus over-production in airway diseases. Therefore, we hypothesized that n-3 PUFAs may downregulate mucins expression...
- Increased expression of mucin 5AC mRNA and decreased expression of epidermal growth-factor receptor mRNA in gallstone patientsHyo Jung Kim
Department of Internal Medicine, Hallym University College of Medicine, Chuncheon, Korea
Tohoku J Exp Med 214:139-44. 2008..Several mucin genes (MUC) have been implicated in various diseases and gel-forming mucin genes (MUC2, MUC5AC, MUC5B, and MUC6) were recognized to be the important components of digestive mucus...
- Mucins and mucin-associated carbohydrate antigens expression in gastric carcinoma cell linesF Carvalho
Institute of Molecular Pathology and Immunology of the University of Porto, IPATIMUP, Rua Dr Roberto Frias s n, 4200 Porto, Portugal
Virchows Arch 435:479-85. 1999..of mucin expression observed in human gastric carcinomas with occasional expression of MUC2, MUC3, MUC4 and MUC5B; (c) does not include, at least in our series, the expression of MUC6 mucin; and (d) follows in part the ..
- Mucin gene expression in Barrett's oesophagus: an in situ hybridisation and immunohistochemical studyG S Arul
Department of Paediatric Surgery, Bristol Royal Infirmary, Bristol, UK
Gut 47:753-61. 2000..Little is known about the expression pattern in the oesophagus. In this study we have investigated MUC gene expression in both the normal oesophagus and specialised intestinal metaplasia (Barrett's oesophagus)...
- [Normal human conjunctival epithelium expresses MUC13, MUC15, MUC16 and MUC17 mucin genes]R M Corrales
Instituto Universitario de Oftalmobiologia Aplicada IOBA, Universidad de Valladolid, Valladolid, Espana
Arch Soc Esp Oftalmol 78:375-81. 2003..This study was designed to determine the expression profile of mucin genes in conjunctival impression cytology (CIC) samples from healthy subjects...
- Helicobacter spp. other than Helicobacter pyloriArinze S Okoli
School of Medicine, Sydney, The University of Notre Dame Australia, 160 Oxford St, Darlinghurst, NSW 2010, Australia
Helicobacter 14:69-74. 2009..support an association between Helicobacter heilmannii and gastric adenocarcinoma; and in mice, mucins MUC4 and MUC5 but not MUC1 influence the colonization and pathogenesis of Helicobacter felis...
- Characterization of the human mucin gene MUC5AC: a consensus cysteine-rich domain for 11p15 mucin genes?V Guyonnet Duperat
Unité INSERM N 377, Lille, France
Biochem J 305:211-9. 1995..The data suggest that MUC5A and MUC5C are part of the same gene (called MUC5AC) which is distinct from MUC5B. In the second part of this work, complete sequences of the inserts corresponding to previously described (JER47, ..
- Molecular characterization of a major high molecular weight mucin from human sublingual glandR F Troxler
Department of Biochemistry, Boston University Medical Center, MA 02118, USA
Glycobiology 7:965-73. 1997..a series of probes for tandem repeats found in the high molecular weight secreted mucins MUC2, MUC3, MUC4, MUC5AC, MUC5B, and MUC6...
- Physical characterization of a low-charge glycoform of the MUC5B mucin comprising the gel-phase of an asthmatic respiratory mucous plugJ K Sheehan
Wellcome Trust Centre for Cell Matrix Research, University of Manchester, School of Biological Sciences, 2 205, Stopford Building, Manchester M13 9PT, UK
Biochem J 338:507-13. 1999..Here we show that this mucin fraction is dominated (at least 96% of the total) by the low-charge glycoform of the MUC5B gene product...
- Structural differences in the drone olfactory system of two phylogenetically distant Apis species, A. florea and A. melliferaA Brockmann
Institut für Verhaltensphysiologie und Soziobiologie, Theodor Boveri Institut für Biowissenschaften, Universitat Wurzburg, 97074 Wurzburg, Germany
Naturwissenschaften 88:78-81. 2001..each equipped with receptor neurons sensitive to the queen's sex pheromone, and four voluminous macroglomeruli (MG1-MG4) in the antennal lobes...
- Megaesophagus microbiota: a qualitative and quantitative analysisDenis Pajecki
Department of Gastrointestinal Surgery, University of Sao Paulo School of Medicine, Brazil
J Gastrointest Surg 6:723-9. 2002..were divided into three subgroups (n = 5 patients in each) according to the grade of esophageal dilation: MG1 = megaesophagus grade I; MG2 = megaesophagus grade II; and MG3 = megaesophagus grade III...
- Proteins in whole saliva during the first year of infancyS Ruhl
Department of Operative Dentistry and Periodontology, Dental School, University of Regensburg, D 93042 Regensburg, Germany
J Dent Res 84:29-34. 2005..Exceptions were the mucins and albumin. The mucins are expressed differentially, with first MUC7 and later MUC5B being predominant. Albumin, a marker of serum leakage, started to rise in whole saliva preceding tooth eruption...
- Absence of CFTR is associated with pleiotropic effects on mucins in mouse gallbladder epithelial cellsRahul Kuver
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 291:G1148-54. 2006..Muc1, Muc3, Muc4, Muc5ac, and Muc5b mRNA levels were significantly lower in Cftr((-/-)) GBEC compared with wild-type cells, whereas Muc2 mRNA levels ..
- Muc5b and Muc5ac are the major oligomeric mucins in equine airway mucusKarine Rousseau
Wellcome Trust Centre for Cell Matrix Research, Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Manchester, Manchester, United Kingdom
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 292:L1396-404. 2007..mass spectrometry of tryptic digests of the unfractionated mucin preparation showed that the oligomeric mucins Muc5b and Muc5ac were present...
- Upper airway mucus deposition in lung tissue of burn trauma victimsRobert A Cox
Shriners Hospital for Children and the University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas 77550, USA
Shock 29:356-61. 2008..This study examines the localization of an upper airway gland specific mucus, mucin 5B (MUC5B) in lung autopsy tissues of burn-only injury and in victims of S + B injury...
- Salivary agglutinin/glycoprotein-340/DMBT1: a single molecule with variable composition and with different functions in infection, inflammation and cancerAntoon J M Ligtenberg
Department of Oral Biochemistry, Academic Centre for Dentistry, Free University, Van de Boechorststraat 7, NL 1081 BT Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Biol Chem 388:1275-89. 2007..pylori, influenza viruses and HIV, but also with mucosal defence proteins, such as IgA, surfactant proteins and MUC5B. Stimulation of alveolar macrophage migration, suppression of neutrophil oxidative burst and activation of the ..
- Analyzing the functions of large glycoconjugates through the dissipative properties of their absorbed layers using the gel-forming mucin MUC5B as an exampleMehmet Kesimer
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Glycobiology 18:463-72. 2008..and quartz crystal mass balance with dissipation methods (QCM-D) we have investigated the properties of the MUC5B mucin and its cognate fragments when bound to a hydrophobic surface...
- Four potential biomarkers as prognostic factors in stage III serous ovarian adenocarcinomasKarolina Partheen
Department of Oncology, University of Gothenburg, Gothenburg, Sweden
Int J Cancer 123:2130-7. 2008..Genes selected from our previous microarray analysis (2006), CLU, ITGB3, TACC1, MUC5B, CAPG, PRAME and TROAP, were analyzed in 19 of the tumors with quantitative real-time polymerase chain reaction (..
- Proteolytic degradation of human salivary MUC5B by dental biofilmsClaes Wickström
Department of Oral Biology, Faculty of Odontology, Malmo University, Malmo, Sweden
Microbiology 155:2866-72. 2009..The mucin MUC5B is a complex oligomeric glycoprotein, heterogeneous in molecular mass (14-40 x 10(6) Da), with a diverse ..
- Mucin gene polymorphisms in otitis media patientsMatthew L Ubell
Department of Otolaryngology and Communication Sciences, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53226, USA
Laryngoscope 120:132-8. 2010Mucin genes MUC2, MUC5AC, and MUC5B have been identified as major gel-forming mucins in the middle ear (ME). This study compared polymorphisms in MUC2, MUC5AC, and MUC5B genes in otitis media (OM) patients and controls.
- Histatins enhance wound closure with oral and non-oral cellsM J Oudhoff
Department of Oral Biochemistry, Academic Centre for Dentistry Amsterdam, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Dent Res 88:846-50. 2009..saliva does not stimulate wound closure, most probably due to the presence of mucins, since the addition of MUC5B to parotid saliva abolished its effect...
- Equine bronchial epithelial cells differentiate into ciliated and mucus producing cells in vitroUte E Schwab
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, College of Veterinary Medicine, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, USA
In Vitro Cell Dev Biol Anim 46:102-6. 2010..Furthermore, the demonstration of the two major gel-forming mucin species, Muc5ac and Muc5b, in our bronchial epithelial cell culture system validates this method for studies of respiratory tract disease of ..
- Mucins in the pathogenesis of breast cancer: implications in diagnosis, prognosis and therapyPartha Mukhopadhyay
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68198, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1815:224-40. 2011..a differential expression of both membrane bound (MUC1, MUC4 and MUC16) and secreted mucins (MUC2, MUC5AC, MUC5B and MUC6) in breast cancer tissues when compared with the non-neoplastic breast tissues...
- Expression of secreted mucins (MUC2, MUC5AC, MUC5B, and MUC6) and membrane-bound mucin (MUC4) in the lungs of pigs experimentally infected with Actinobacillus pleuropneumoniaeChung Hyun Kim
Seoul National University, College of Veterinary Medicine, Department of Veterinary Pathology, 599 Gwanak Ro, Gwanak Gu, 151 742 Seoul, Republic of Korea
Res Vet Sci 92:486-91. 2012The expression patterns of different secreted (MUC2, MUC5AC, MUC5B, and MUC6) and membrane-bound (MUC4) mucins were determined immunohistochemically in the lungs of pigs experimentally infected with Actinobacillus pleuropneumoniae...
- Polymorphisms in MUC1, MUC2, MUC5B and MUC6 genes are not associated with the risk of chronic atrophic gastritisBernd Frank
Division of Clinical Epidemiology and Aging Research, German Cancer Research Center, Heidelberg, Germany
Eur J Cancer 48:114-20. 2012..We genotyped MUC1 T31T, MUC2 L58P, MUC2 V116M, MUC5B E34G, MUC5B R51W, MUC5B rs2014486 (intronic) and MUC6 V619M for 533 serologically defined CAG cases and 1054 age- ..
- Recent advances in mucin immunohistochemistry in salivary gland tumors and head and neck squamous cell carcinomaFarzana Mahomed
Division of Oral Pathology, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of the Witwatersrand, Private Bag 3, Wits 2050, South Africa
Oral Oncol 47:797-803. 2011..is available on changes in the expression levels and distribution profiles of MUC1, MUC2, MUC3, MUC4, MUC5AC, MUC5B, MUC6 and MUC7 in tumors of the salivary glands; and of MUC1, MUC2 and MUC4 in HNSCC...
- Effects of ZnO nanoparticulate addition on the properties of PMNT ceramicsMethee Promsawat
Department of Physics and Materials Science, Faculty of Science, Chiang Mai University, Chiang Mai 50200, Thailand
Nanoscale Res Lett 7:65. 2012..This research was conducted in order to study the effect of ZnO nanoparticulate addition on the properties of 0.9 Pb(Mg1/3Nb2/3)O3-0.1PbTiO3 [PMNT] ceramics. The PMNT ceramics were prepared by a solid-state reaction...
- Coordinate regulation of the gel-forming mucin genes at chromosome 11p15.5Nehal Gosalia
Human Molecular Genetics Program, Children s Memorial Research Center and Department of Pediatrics, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois 60614, USA
J Biol Chem 288:6717-25. 2013..LPS increased the expression of MUC2 and MUC5AC and reduced MUC5B. CTCF occupancy was concurrently depleted at specific binding sites close to these genes...
- Effect of thymic stromal lymphopoietin on MUC5B expression in human airway epithelial cellsChang Hoon Bae
Department of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, College of Medicine, Yeungnam University, Daegu, Republic of Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 448:231-5. 2014..In human NCI-H292 airway epithelial cells, TSLP increased MUC5B expression. TSLP significantly activated phosphorylation of ERK1/2 and p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK)...
- Visfatin induces MUC8 and MUC5B expression via p38 MAPK/ROS/NF-κB in human airway epithelial cellsSi Youn Song
Department of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, College of Medicine, Yeungnam University, Daegu, Republic of Korea
J Biomed Sci 21:49. 2014..Therefore, this study was conducted in order to investigate the effect and the brief signaling pathway of visfatin on MUC8 and MUC5B expression in human airway epithelial cells.
- MUC5B promoter polymorphisms and risk of coal workers' pneumoconiosis in a Chinese populationXiaoming Ji
Department of Occupational Medicine and Environmental Health, School of Public Health, Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, 210029, China
Mol Biol Rep 41:4171-6. 2014..Genetic variations have been recognized to be involved in the multi-factorial susceptibility to CWP, and MUC5B is a candidate lung fibrosis susceptibility gene...
- Group I Paks as therapeutic targets in NF2-deficient meningiomaHoi Yee Chow
Cancer Biology Program, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19111, USA
Oncotarget 6:1981-94. 2015..that these Pak inhibitors suppressed the proliferation and motility of both benign (Ben-Men1) and malignant (KT21-MG1) meningiomas cells...
- Excess Secretion of Gel-Forming Mucins and Associated Innate Defense Proteins with Defective Mucin Un-Packaging Underpin Gallbladder Mucocele Formation in DogsMehmet Kesimer
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine and Cystic Fibrosis Pulmonary Research and Treatment Center, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, United States of America
PLoS ONE 10:e0138988. 2015..The mucus is characterized by a disproportionally significant increase in Muc5ac relative to Muc5b, defective mucin un-packaging, and mucin-interacting innate defense proteins that are capable of dramatically ..
- On the Utility of Spinel Oxide Hosts for Magnesium-Ion BatteriesJames C Knight
McKetta Department of Chemical Engineering, University of Texas at Austin, Austin, Texas 78712, United States
ACS Appl Mater Interfaces 7:22953-61. 2015..Samples with additional Mg(2+) ions in the octahedral sites (e.g., Mg1.1Mn1.9O4 and Mg1.5Mn1...
- Effect of Muc5b promoter polymorphism on disease predisposition and survival in idiopathic interstitial pneumoniasJoanne J van der Vis
St Antonius Interstitial Lung Disease Center, Department of Pulmonology, St Antonius Hospital, Nieuwegein, The Netherlands
Respirology 21:712-7. 2016A common polymorphism in the MUC5B gene (rs35705950) is associated with susceptibility to idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF) and familial interstitial pneumonia (FIP)...
- Control of lung defence by mucins and macrophages: ancient defence mechanisms with modern functionsWilliam J Janssen
Dept of Medicine, National Jewish Health, Denver, CO, USA Dept of Medicine, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, CO, USA
Eur Respir J 48:1201-1214. 2016..data show that they are linked through their shared reliance on airway mucins, in particular the polymeric mucin MUC5B. This review highlights our understanding of novel mechanisms that link mucus and macrophage defences...
- A mucin-like glycoprotein identified by MAG (mouse ascites Golgi) antibodies. Menstrual cycle-dependent localization in human endometriumH J Kliman
Department of Pathology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520 8023
Am J Pathol 146:166-81. 1995..Because the MAG epitope appears on the endometrial surface during the purported implantation window, we speculate that mucin-like epitopes could play a role in the earliest apposition phases of conceptus-endometrial interaction...
- Expression and site-directed mutagenesis of mouse prostaglandin E2 receptor EP3 subtype in insect cellsC Huang
Division of Medicinal Chemistry and Pharmaceutics, College of Pharmacy, University of Kentucky, Lexington 40536, USA
Biochem J 307:493-8. 1995..The cloned cDNA was confirmed by sequencing and was expressed in Trichoplusia ni (MG1) insect cells using a baculovirus expression system...
- Interneurons of the ganglionic layer in the mormyrid electrosensory lateral line lobe: morphology, immunohistochemistry, and synaptologyJ Meek
Department of Anatomy and Embryology, University of Nijmegen, The Netherlands
J Comp Neurol 375:43-65. 1996..layer, a single basal dendrite that gives rise to fine, beaded, axon-like branches in either the plexiform layer (MG1 subtype) or the deeper granular layer (MG2 subtype), and an axon that terminates in the plexiform layer...
- Mucin genes expressed by human female reproductive tract epitheliaI K Gipson
Schepens Eye Research Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Biol Reprod 56:999-1011. 1997..The purpose of this study was to determine whether these cloned mucins, designated MUC1, MUC2, MUC3, MUC4, MUC5AC, MUC5B, MUC6, and MUC7, are expressed by epithelia of the female reproductive tract...
- Mucin gene expression in gallbladder epithelium with black pigment stone ascertained by in situ hybridizationK T Lee
Department of Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, Kaohsiung Medical University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Kaohsiung J Med Sci 17:517-23. 2001..pigment stones (n = 10) and those without stones (n = 6) to identify the expression of MUC1, MUC2, MUC3, MUC4, MUC5B and MUC6 in gallbladder epithelium...
- Innate secretory immunity in response to laboratory stressors that evoke distinct patterns of cardiac autonomic activityJos A Bosch
Department of Dental Basic Sciences, Section Oral Biochemistry, Academic Centre for Dentistry Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Psychosom Med 65:245-58. 2003..was empirically tested by measuring the salivary secretion of cystatin S, lactoferrin, alpha-amylase, the mucins MUC5B and MUC7, and total salivary protein in response to stressors known to evoke distinct patterns of cardiac ..
- The mormyromast region of the mormyrid electrosensory lobe. I. Responses to corollary discharge and electrosensory stimuliClaudia Mohr
Neurological Sciences Institute, Oregon Health and Sciences University, Beaverton 97006, USA
J Neurophysiol 90:1193-210. 2003..been previously identified only morphologically, including: the two types of Purkinje-like medium ganglionic cells, MG1 and MG2; the thick smooth dendrite cells; and the medium fusiform cells...
- C-Mannosylation of MUC5AC and MUC5B Cys subdomainsJuan Perez-Vilar
Cystic Fibrosis Pulmonary Research and Treatment Center, School of Medicine, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Glycobiology 14:325-37. 2004..The entire Cys1 and Cys5 and Cys1 and Cys3 subdomains in MUC5AC and MUC5B, respectively, each with six carboxyl terminal histidine residues, were pulse-labeled with [(35)S]cysteine/..
- Effect of MMP/ADAM inhibitors on goblet cell hyperplasia in cultured human bronchial epithelial cellsHajime Yoshisue
Pharmaceutical Research Laboratories, Kyowa Hakko Kogyo Co, Ltd, Sunto, Shizuoka 411 8731, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 68:2024-31. 2004..The mucin genes MUC5AC, MUC5B, and MUC2 were upregulated whereas the expression of ciliated cell markers was greatly repressed...
- Human carcinoma-associated and salivary mucins detected by anti-bovine submaxillary mucin antibodiesS J Golubović
Institute for the Application of Nuclear Energy INEP, Zemun Belgrade, Serbia and Montenegro
Biochemistry (Mosc) 71:S9-17. 2006..detected by autoradiography, as bands of 85 and 115 kD, and densitogram analysis also demonstrated reaction with MUC5B. Chemical modifications performed as periodate oxidation and desialylation of the BSM demonstrated carbohydrate (i...
- Alterations in the composition of the supramucosal defense barrier in relation to disease severity of ulcerative colitisRob J Longman
University Department of Surgery, Bristol Royal Infirmary, Bristol, United Kingdom
J Histochem Cytochem 54:1335-48. 2006..No ectopic expression of MUC5AC, MUC5B, or MUC6 was identified in UC...
- Diego Preciado; Fiscal Year: 2015..We have recently shown that the hyperviscous mucus in COM is characterized by an overabundance of MUC5B mucin, a major airway secreted mucin...
- Regulation of MUC19 by Th2 cytokine in airway epitheliumYin Chen; Fiscal Year: 2011..of the "surface" type of gel-forming mucin -MUC5AC to the co-expression with the submucosal gland-specific MUC5B and MUC19, a novel gel-forming we newly discovered, in airway diseases...
- Christopher M Evans; Fiscal Year: 2016..MUC5AC and MUC5B are the major secreted airway mucins...
- Mehmet Kesimer; Fiscal Year: 2014..Airway mucins, particularly MUC5AC and MUC5B, are the major constituent of the mucus gel and play an important role in the mucociliary clearance...
- Mehmet Kesimer; Fiscal Year: 2014..to elucidate the organization of the airway gel layer, which is formed by very large glycoproteins termed mucins (MUC5B and MUC5AC) coupled with other protective biomolecules through labile interactions, and assess the role of these ..
- Prenatal Bisphenol A and Lung MaturationLaura S Van Winkle; Fiscal Year: 2013..shows more abundant airway epithelial mucosubstances in the conducting airways and increases in gene expression of MUC5B and CCSP in the fetal rhesus monkey lung exposed to BPA...
- IMMUNOCHEMISTRY OF SALIVARY MUCINS IN DENTAL DISEASERobert Cohen; Fiscal Year: 1992..in human saliva: The lower molecular weight species MG2, and the high molecular weight, multi-subunit component MG1. Both mucins are composed of several structural domains, each of which may be responsible for discrete biological ..
- MUCIN AND NON-MUCIN PROTEINS IN GALLSTONE PATHOGENESISGwynneth Offner; Fiscal Year: 2000..Human gallbladder expresses genes for five different mucins and two of these, MUC5B and MUC3 have been identified as the major human gallbladder mucins...
- MUC19, a novel gel-forming mucin in salivary glandsYin Chen; Fiscal Year: 2005..Comparing with the known major salivary gland gel-forming mucin-MUC5B, MUC19 appears to be much larger and more abundantly expressed in salivary glands...
- COLON CELL DIFFERENTIATION--DCC ROLE IN MUC2 EXPRESSIONLeonard Augenlicht; Fiscal Year: 2000..MUC2 gene and its promotor and enhancer, and have found this contig contains another mucin backbone gene, probably MUC5b, which is also expressed in colonic cells both in vivo and in vitro, that could be coordinately regulated with ..
- SALIVARY MUCIN, SYNTHESIS, PROCESSING AND SECRETIONPaul Denny; Fiscal Year: 2000..These mucins appear to be analogous to the human salivary mucins, MG1 and MG2...
- DAVID ALBERT SCHWARTZ; Fiscal Year: 2016..The proposed research builds on our recent observations that a common polymorphism in the promoter of MUC5B and cigarette smoke are strongly associated with the development of both familial interstitial pneumonia (FIP) and ..
- HOST DEFENSE FACTORS IN ORAL ECOLOGYJOEL RUDNEY; Fiscal Year: 1991..Lz), lactoferrin (Lf), salivary peroxidase (Spx), secretory immunoglobulin A (sIgA), the mucin glycoproteins (MG1 and MG2), and others less well known...
- SALIVARY AND TRACHEOBRONCHIAL MUCINS IN DISEASEMOLAKALA REDDY; Fiscal Year: 1991..pneumoniae and Enterobacter species. These organisms colonize the oropharynx prior to initiation of infection. MG1 (mucin derived from submandibular-sublingual saliva) which has the potential to selectively interact with a variety ..
- Attenuation of mucous cell metaplasia by RadMary Chang; Fiscal Year: 2006..Both Northern blot and RealTime RT-PCR analysis demonstrated that the steady state level of MUC5B/MUC5AC mRNA were drastically inhibited by Rad...
- THE WHOLE GENOME SEQUENCE OF ACTINOMYCES NAESLUNDITimothy Read; Fiscal Year: 2001..The A. naeslundii strain to be sequenced is an isolate called MG1, which is the prominent A...
- Membrane Bound Mucins in Salivary Glands and SalivaGwynneth D Offner; Fiscal Year: 2010..These interactions may represent new therapeutic targets to treat or prevent oral infections and periodontal disease. ..
- CHOLESTEROL TRANSPORT IN GALLBLADDER EPITHELIAL CELLSRahul Kuver; Fiscal Year: 2003..3. Compare and contrast the mechanisms of activation of ABCA1 via the cAMP responsive and the LXRalpha/RXR- responsive pathways. ..
- MUCIN SECRETION IN COLUMNAR EPITHELIAL CELLSRahul Kuver; Fiscal Year: 2003..The sponsor's group's expertise in biliary cell biology will ensure a supportive and stimulating environment for the candidate. ..
- NEGATIVE REGULATORY ELEMENT OF HAMSTER MUC 1 PROMOTERKwang Kim; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Colon Cell Differentiation: NAB and MUC2 Gene ExpressionAnna Velcich; Fiscal Year: 2009..5. Finally, we will extend our use of microarray technology to determine how NaB perturbs profiles of gene expression that define lineage specific differentiation (Velcich et al., submitted). ..
- Biliary oxysterols and cholangiocarcinomaRAHUL P KUVER; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- A Sequencing Microarray for Mitochondrial MutationsAnirban Maitra; Fiscal Year: 2004..This study will serve as a model for array-based diagnosis of cancer in clinical samples. ..
- Anti-inflammatory role of MUC1 mucinKwang Chul Kim; Fiscal Year: 2010..R5 signal transduction. Successful completion of this project will provide important insights for the role of MIJC1 in inflammation, innate immunity, and the early stages of PA infection in CF. ..
- STRUCTURE AND FUNCTION OF HUMAN SALIVARY MUCINSGwynneth Offner; Fiscal Year: 2009..MG1 appears to be a mixture of two mucin gene products, MUC5B and a newly identified mucin, MUC19. MG2 appears to contain a single mucin gene product, MUC7...
- IL13-responsive genes in goblet cell metaplasia in asthmaMary Rose; Fiscal Year: 2007..This will contribute to the development of pharmacological agents to control GCH and mucus overproduction in patients with asthma and possibly other chronic airway diseases [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Hedgehog signaling in pancreatic neoplasiaAnirban Maitra; Fiscal Year: 2006..Specifically, it will be determined whether Hh misexpression can generate a phenotype of multistep progression of pancreatic cancer that resembles the cognate human condition. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Immunomodulatory Mechanisms of Sublingual ImmunotherapyLouis Rosenthal; Fiscal Year: 2006..To investigate this controversial therapy, these studies will use a novel rat model to compare the efficacy of high vs. low doses of allergen drops and to elucidate mechanisms of sublingual immunotherapy. ..
- Detection and Role of C-Mannosylation in MucinsJUAN PEREZ VILAR; Fiscal Year: 2006..Our preliminary data suggest the Cys subdomains in MUC5AC and MUC5B are C-mannosylated when expressed in cultured animal cells...
- Murine Cytomegalovirus Modulates Allergic Airway DiseaseCarol Wu; Fiscal Year: 2005..Furthermore, we hypothesize that enhanced mucus production is the result of the recruitment/proliferation of TCRgd cells, in response to MCMV infected respiratory epithelium, with the subsequent release of IL-l0. ..
- Middle Ear Epithelial Response to Cytokine StimulationJoseph Kerschner; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Inactivation of the Muc2 gene and colorectal cancerAnna Velcich; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Quantitative Array Piezoelectric Microcantilever SensorsWAN SHIH; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..