Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MUC5AC
Description: mucin 5AC, oligomeric mucus/gel-forming
Alias: MUC5, TBM, leB, mucin, mucin-5AC, gastric mucin, lewis B blood group antigen, major airway glycoprotein, mucin 5, subtypes A and C, tracheobronchial/gastric, mucin 5AC, oligomeric mucus/gel-forming pseudogene, mucin-5 subtype AC, tracheobronchial, tracheobronchial mucin
Publications257 found, 100 shown here
- Characterization of the human mucin gene MUC5AC: a consensus cysteine-rich domain for 11p15 mucin genes?V Guyonnet Duperat
Unité INSERM N 377, Lille, France
Biochem J 305:211-9. 1995..The data suggest that MUC5A and MUC5C are part of the same gene (called MUC5AC) which is distinct from MUC5B...
- Impact of ethanol on innate protection of gastric mucosal epithelial surfaces and the risk of injuryA Slomiany
Research Center, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Newark, 07103 2400, USA
J Physiol Pharmacol 51:433-47. 2000..The retention of mucin on the surface of gastric mucosa was quantitated by measuring the binding of gastric mucin to Mucin Binding Protein (MBP) of gastric mucosa...
- Purification and characterization of a surface protein from Lactobacillus fermentum 104R that binds to porcine small intestinal mucus and gastric mucinMaurilia Rojas
Universidad Autonoma de Baja California Sur, 23000 La Paz, Baja California Sur, Mexico
Appl Environ Microbiol 68:2330-6. 2002..of Lactobacillus fermentum strain 104R to small intestinal mucus from piglets and to partially purified gastric mucin was isolated and characterized...
- Mapping of two new epitopes on the apomucin encoded by MUC5AC gene: expression in normal GI tract and colon tumorsSéverine Nollet
INSERM U 482, Hopital Saint Antoine, Paris, France
Int J Cancer 99:336-43. 2002..We have mapped 2 new gastric mucin epitopes and the M1-f epitope previously characterized by the 19/21M1 MAbs on MUC5AC-encoded apomucin...
- The characterisation of mucin in a mature ovarian teratoma occurring in an eight year old patientAnwar Suleman Mall
Departments of Surgery, Groote Schuur and Red Cross Hospitals, University of Cape Town, Cape Town, South Africa
Int J Med Sci 4:115-23. 2007The presence of MUC5AC (M1 antigen) and MUC6 have previously been found in ovarian mucinous cyst. We characterized the mucins in the crude mucus and tissue of a mature ovarian teratoma in an 8 year old girl.
- Characterization of a mucin cDNA clone isolated from HT-29 mucus-secreting cells. The 3' end of MUC5AC?T Lesuffleur
INSERM U178, Batiment INSERM, Villejuif, France
J Biol Chem 270:13665-73. 1995..5. The patterns of mRNA expression were indistinguishable from those revealed with the JER58 probe (MUC5AC). Southern blot analysis indicates that the L31 and JER 58 sequences are within 20 kilobase pairs of each other...
- Cloning of the amino-terminal and 5'-flanking region of the human MUC5AC mucin gene and transcriptional up-regulation by bacterial exoproductsD Li
Department of Anatomy and Cardiovascular Research Institute, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
J Biol Chem 273:6812-20. 1998..of rapid amplification of cDNA ends-polymerase chain reaction (RACE-PCR) in which the 5' sequence of the human gastric mucin cDNA HGM-1 (1) was used to design the first MUC5AC-specific primer...
- Polymorphism of human mucin genes in chest disease: possible significance of MUC2L E Vinall
MRC Human Biochemical Genetics Unit, The Galton Laboratory, University College London, London, United Kingdom
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 23:678-86. 2000..There was no significant difference in the distribution of alleles of MUC1, MUC4, MUC5AC, and MUC5B. MUC2, however, showed a highly significant difference in distribution...
- Human mucin gene MUC5AC: organization of its 5'-region and central repetitive regionF Escande
INSERM Unité 377, Place de Verdun, 59045 Lille Cedex, France
Biochem J 358:763-72. 2001Human mucin gene MUC5AC is clustered with MUC2, MUC5B and MUC6 on chromosome 11p15.5. We report here the full length cDNA sequence upstream of the repetitive region of human MUC5AC...
- Gastric MUC5AC and MUC6 are large oligomeric mucins that differ in size, glycosylation and tissue distributionHenrik Nordman
Mucosal Biology Group, Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Level C13, BMC Lund University, S 221 84, Lund, Sweden
Biochem J 364:191-200. 2002Gastric MUC5AC and MUC6 mucins were studied using polyclonal antibodies. Immunohistochemistry showed MUC5AC to originate from the surface epithelium, whereas MUC6 was produced by the glands...
- Overexpression of mucin genes induced by interleukin-1 beta, tumor necrosis factor-alpha, lipopolysaccharide, and neutrophil elastase is inhibited by a retinoic acid receptor alpha antagonistJa Seok Koo
Department of Thoracic Head and Neck Medical Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Exp Lung Res 28:315-32. 2002..In this study, we demonstrated that interleukin-1beta (IL-1beta) increased MUC2 and MUC5AC mRNA levels 2- to 3-fold in a time- and dose-dependent manner in NCI-H292 cells...
- Aberrant expression of MUC5AC and MUC6 gastric mucins and sialyl Tn antigen in intraepithelial neoplasms of the pancreasGrace E Kim
Gastrointestinal Research Laboratory, Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, San Francisco, California 94121, USA
Gastroenterology 123:1052-60. 2002..This study examined alterations in the pattern and the level of expression of several mucin genes (MUC1, MUC2, MUC5AC, and MUC6) and mucin-associated tumor antigens (Nd2 and sialyl Tn) in these precursor lesions.
- Correlation of MUC5AC immunoreactivity with histopathological subtypes and prognosis of gastric carcinomaStephan E Baldus
Institute of Pathology and Center of Biochemistry, Medical Faculty, University of Cologne, Cologne, Germany
Ann Surg Oncol 9:887-93. 2002b>MUC5AC represents a mucin peptide core expressed in normal gastric epithelia. Its presence in gastric carcinomas was previously described as a characteristic of gastric differentiation.
- Interleukin-1 beta and tumor necrosis factor-alpha induce MUC5AC overexpression through a mechanism involving ERK/p38 mitogen-activated protein kinases-MSK1-CREB activation in human airway epithelial cellsKyoung Seob Song
Brain Korea 21 Project for Medical Sciences, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul 120 752, Korea
J Biol Chem 278:23243-50. 2003Mucin hypersecretion is commonly observed in many inflammatory diseases of the respiratory tract. MUC5AC is generally recognized to be a major airway mucin because MUC5AC is highly expressed in the goblet cells of human airway epithelium...
- Regulation of MUC5AC mucin secretion and airway surface liquid metabolism by IL-1beta in human bronchial epitheliaThomas Gray
National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 286:L320-30. 2004..Fully differentiated NHTBE cultures secreted two major airway mucins, MUC5AC and MUC5B. IL-1beta, in a dose- and time-dependent manner, increased the secretion of MUC5AC, but not MUC5B...
- The MUC5AC glycoprotein is the primary receptor for Helicobacter pylori in the human stomachJeroen H B Van De Bovenkamp
Laboratory of Pediatrics, Erasmus MC Sophia Children s Hospital, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Helicobacter 8:521-32. 2003..In infected patients, H. pylori colocalizes in situ with the gastric secretory mucin MUC5AC. The carbohydrate blood-group antigen Lewis B (LeB) was deemed responsible for the adherence of H...
- MUC5AC and MUC5B Mucins Are Decreased in Cystic Fibrosis Airway SecretionsMarkus O Henke
Department of Pulmonary Medicine, Philipps University Marburg, Germany
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 31:86-91. 2004..is due in part to mucus hypersecretion, there are no published data showing an increase in the gel-forming mucins MUC5AC or MUC5B in CF secretions...
- Neutrophil elastase induces MUC5AC mucin production in human airway epithelial cells via a cascade involving protein kinase C, reactive oxygen species, and TNF-alpha-converting enzymeMatt X G Shao
Cardiovascular Research Institute and Departments of Medicine and Physiology, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
J Immunol 175:4009-16. 2005..exists in high concentrations (1-20 microM) in airway secretions of these patients and induces overproduction of MUC5AC mucin, a major component of airway mucus...
- Up-regulation of MUC5AC and MUC5B mucin genes in nasopharyngeal respiratory mucosa and selective up-regulation of MUC5B in middle ear in pediatric otitis media with effusionMohamed Nasser Elsheikh
Department of Otolaryngology, Tanta University, Egypt
Laryngoscope 116:365-9. 2006..We investigated the expression of MUC5AC and MUC5B mucin gene messenger (m)RNAs in middle ear effusions as well as in tissue biopsies of the respiratory ..
- MUC5AC, a gel-forming mucin accumulating in gallstone disease, is overproduced via an epidermal growth factor receptor pathway in the human gallbladderLaetitia Finzi
INSERM U680, Faculté de Médecine Pierre et Marie Curie Université Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, site Saint Antoine, 27 rue Chaligny, 75571 Paris Cedex 12, France
Am J Pathol 169:2031-41. 2006..of TNF-alpha, EGF-R ligands (either EGF or transforming growth factor-alpha) caused significant increases in MUC5AC mRNA and protein production, whereas expression of the other gallbladder mucins MUC1, MUC3, and MUC5B was ..
- A novel role for IkappaB kinase (IKK) alpha and IKKbeta in ERK-dependent up-regulation of MUC5AC mucin transcription by Streptococcus pneumoniaeUnhwan Ha
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
J Immunol 178:1736-47. 2007..In this study, we show that pneumolysin is required for up-regulation of MUC5AC mucin via TLR4-dependent activation of ERK in human epithelial cells in vitro and in mice in vivo...
- Opposing roles of PAK2 and PAK4 in synergistic induction of MUC5AC mucin by bacterium NTHi and EGFYuxian Huang
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Box 672, University of Rochester Medical Center, 601 Elmwood Avenue, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 359:691-6. 2007..Despite extensive studies that focus on investigating how MUC5AC mucin is regulated by one inducer at a time, how MUC5AC is synergistically regulated by multiple factors remains ..
- The expression of MUC5AC and MUC5B mucin genes in the mucosa of chronic rhinosinusitis and nasal polyposisGuo Qiang Ding
Department of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Eye and ENT Hospital of Fudan University, Shanghai, China
Am J Rhinol 21:359-66. 2007The aim of this study was to investigate the expression of MUC5AC and MUC5B messenger RNAs (mRNAs) and localization of these proteins in human sinus mucosa of chronic rhinosinusitis (CRS) and CRS with nasal polyposis (CRS/NP).
- Regulation of mucin gene expression by CREB via a nonclassical retinoic acid signaling pathwaySeung Wook Kim
Department of Thoracic Head and Neck Medical Oncology, Unit 432, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Mol Cell Biol 27:6933-47. 2007..plays a critical role in regulating the expression of airway epithelial cell differentiation markers, the MUC2, MUC5AC, and MUC5B genes...
- Identification of pendrin as a common mediator for mucus production in bronchial asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary diseaseIsao Nakao
Department of Biomolecular Sciences, Saga Medical School, Saga, Japan
J Immunol 180:6262-9. 2008..Pendrin induced expression of MUC5AC, a major product of mucus in asthma and COPD, in airway epithelial cells...
- MKP1 regulates the induction of MUC5AC mucin by Streptococcus pneumoniae pneumolysin by inhibiting the PAK4-JNK signaling pathwayUn Hwan Ha
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
J Biol Chem 283:30624-31. 2008..that the PAK4-JNK signaling pathway acted as a negative regulator for Streptococcus pneumoniae pneumolysin-induced MUC5AC mucin transcription...
- LPS-stimulated MUC5AC production involves Rac1-dependent MMP-9 secretion and activation in NCI-H292 cellsMarcelo G Binker
CBRHC Research Center, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 386:124-9. 2009..Previous studies have reported that lipopolysaccharides (LPS) stimulate mucin 5AC (MUC5AC) production via epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) in human airway cells...
- Regulation of neuregulin 1beta1-induced MUC5AC and MUC5B expression in human airway epitheliumRachel Kettle
Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research, Respiratory Disease Area, Wimblehurst Road, Horsham, West Sussex RH125AB, UK
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 42:472-81. 2010..The mucins, MUC5AC and MUC5B, contribute to the viscoelastic properties of mucus, and are found at elevated levels in the airways of ..
- -Gingerol suppresses interleukin-1 beta-induced MUC5AC gene expression in human airway epithelial cellsJeong Hong Kim
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Cheju National University College of Medicine, Jeju, South Korea
Am J Rhinol Allergy 23:385-91. 2009..The present study investigated whether -gingerol suppresses interleukin (IL)-1 beta-induced MUC5AC gene expression in human airway epithelial cells and, if so, examined whether the suppression of MUC5AC gene ..
- MUC5AC expression is increased in bronchial submucosal glands of stable COPD patientsGaetano Caramori
Centro di Ricerca su Asma e BPCO, University of Ferrara, Via Savonarola 9, Ferrara 44121, Italy
Histopathology 55:321-31. 2009Mucus expectoration is a common feature of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). MUC5AC and MUC5B, the major mucins, are released predominantly from submucosal glands in the central airways...
- Combination of MUC5ac and WT-1 immunohistochemistry is useful in distinguishing pancreatic ductal carcinoma from ovarian serous carcinoma in effusion cytologyLiying Han
Department of Pathology, Wayne State University and Karmanos Cancer Institute, Detroit, Michigan, USA
Diagn Cytopathol 38:333-6. 2010..We evaluated the immunohistochemical staining of eight commercially available antibodies MUC1, MUC2, MUC5ac, Wilm's tumor susceptibility gene 1 (WT1), cytokeratin 7 (CK7), CK20, CA125, and CA19...
- Rhinovirus induces MUC5AC in a human infection model and in vitro via NF-κB and EGFR pathwaysC A Hewson
Dept of Respiratory Medicine, National Heart and Lung Institute, Imperial College London, Norfolk Place, London, W2 1PG, UK
Eur Respir J 36:1425-35. 2010..b>MUC5AC is the major mucin produced by bronchial epithelial cells...
- Expression of MUC5AC, an early marker of pancreatobiliary cancer, is regulated by DNA methylation in the distal promoter region in cancer cellsNorishige Yamada
Department of Human Pathology, Field of Oncology, Kagoshima University Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, 8 35 1 Sakuragaoka, Kagoshima, 890 8544, Japan
J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Sci 17:844-54. 2010High de novo expression of MUC5AC (a gastric-type secreted mucin) is observed in many types of pancreatobiliary neoplasms, including precursor lesions...
- GLI1 facilitates the migration and invasion of pancreatic cancer cells through MUC5AC-mediated attenuation of E-cadherinS Inaguma
Department of Pathology, Aichi Medical University School of Medicine, Nagakute, Aichi, Japan
Oncogene 30:714-23. 2011..Increased expression of a gel-forming mucin, MUC5AC, was previously revealed as a major biomarker for the poor prognosis of PDA patients, but the molecular mechanisms ..
- Tumor-associated MUC5AC stimulates in vivo tumorigenicity of human pancreatic cancerHirotaka Hoshi
Biomedical Research Laboratories, Kureha Corporation, Hyakunin cho, Tokyo, Japan
Int J Oncol 38:619-27. 2011b>MUC5AC, a high molecular weight glycoprotein, is overexpressed in the ductal region of human pancreatic cancer but is not detectable in the normal pancreas, suggesting its association with disease development...
- Muc5ac: a critical component mediating the rejection of enteric nematodesSumaira Z Hasnain
Wellcome Trust Centre for Cell Matrix Research, Faculty of Life Sciences, The University of Manchester, Manchester M13 9PT, England, UK
J Exp Med 208:893-900. 2011De novo expression of Muc5ac, a mucin not normally expressed in the intestinal tract, is induced in the cecum of mice resistant to Trichuris muris infection...
- MUC5AC expression through bidirectional communication of Notch and epidermal growth factor receptor pathwaysJin Hyun Kang
Division of Molecular and Life Sciences, College of Science and Technology, Hanyang University, Gyeonggi do 426 791, South Korea
J Immunol 187:222-9. 2011..We investigated the involvement of Notch signaling in MUC5AC expression in NCI-H292 cells, a human lung carcinoma cell line...
- Mucin variable number tandem repeat polymorphisms and severity of cystic fibrosis lung disease: significant association with MUC5ACXueliang Guo
Cystic Fibrosis Pulmonary Research and Treatment Center, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e25452. 2011..by Southern blot or PCR to define variable number tandem repeat (VNTR) length polymorphisms for MUC1, MUC2, MUC5AC, and MUC7...
- Cigarette smoke induces MUC5AC protein expression through the activation of Sp1Y Peter Di
Department of Environmental and Occupational Health, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15219, USA
J Biol Chem 287:27948-58. 2012..b>MUC5AC is the major inducible mucus gene in the airway...
- MUC5AC protects pancreatic cancer cells from TRAIL-induced death pathwaysHirotaka Hoshi
Biomedical Research Laboratories, Kureha Corporation, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo 169 8503, Japan
Int J Oncol 42:887-93. 2013We have previously reported that a specific siRNA transfected MUC5AC could knockdown MUC5AC expression and suppress in vivo tumor growth and metastasis, although it had no effects on in vitro cell growth, cell survival, proliferation and ..
- Rhythmic pressure waves induce mucin5AC expression via an EGFR-mediated signaling pathway in human airway epithelial cellsChunyi Liu
Division of Respiratory Medicine, Second Affiliated Hospital, Chongqing Medical University, Yuzhong District, Chongqing, China
DNA Cell Biol 32:423-9. 2013..As a major component of ASL, we speculated that the mucin5AC (MUC5AC) expression must also be regulated by RPW. However, fewer researches have focused on this question...
- Decreased Muc5AC expression is associated with poor prognosis in gastric cancerSung Mi Kim
Department of Pathology, Pusan National University Hospital and Pusan National University School of Medicine, and Biomedical Research Institute, Pusan National University Hospital, Busan, Korea
Int J Cancer 134:114-24. 2014..We investigated the effect of Muc5AC, a secreted mucin, on the invasiveness/migratory capability of gastric cancer cells and the prognostic ..
- Genomic organization of the 3'-region of the human MUC5AC mucin gene: additional evidence for a common ancestral gene for the 11p15.5 mucin gene familyM P Buisine
INSERM Unité 377, Place de Verdun, 59045 Lille Cedex, France
Biochem J 332:729-38. 1998The human mucin gene MUC5AC is mapped clustered with MUC2, MUC5B and MUC6 on chromosome 11p15.5...
- Abnormal expression of M1/MUC5AC mucin in distal colon of patients with diverticulitis, ulcerative colitis and cancerMarie Elisabeth Forgue-Lafitte
INSERM U673, 184 rue du Faubourg Saint Antoine, F 75012 Paris, France
Int J Cancer 121:1543-9. 2007The abnormal expression of gastric M1/MUC5AC mucin in precancerous lesions and colon cancer evidenced by immunohistochemistry led us to check for its presence in the mucus obtained directly from patients undergoing surgery for cancerous (..
- Roles for transforming growth factor-alpha in gastric physiology and pathophysiologyR J Coffey
Department of Medicine and Cell Biology, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee 37232
Yale J Biol Med 65:693-704; discussion 621-3. 1992..This last effect is associated with a time- and dose-dependent increase in levels of insoluble gastric mucin. Based on these known biological actions of TGF alpha, we have examined TGF alpha production in MÃ©nÃ©..
- Structure, function and gene expression of epithelial mucinsE Seregni
Nuclear Medicine Department, Istituto Nazionale per lo Studio e la Cura dei Tumori, Milan
Tumori 83:625-32. 1997..and biochemical studies, it is now possible to identify eight apomucin genes, namely MUC1, MUC2, MUC3, MUC4, MUC5AC, MUC5B, MUC6 and MUC7...
- [Effects of phosphodiesterase-4 inhibitor on the mucin secretion in airway stimulated with acrolein: experiment with rats]Xun Wang
Division of Pulmonary Diseases, National Key Laboratory of Biotherapy of Human Diseases, Department of Respiratory Medicine, West China Hospital of Sichuan University, Chengdu 610041, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 88:2988-93. 2008To examine the effects of YM976, a phosphodiesterase (PDE)4 inhibitor, on mucin hypersecretion of airway stimulated with acrolein.
- An immunohistochemical profile of the so-called bile duct adenoma: clues to pathogenesisNorman R Hughes
Department of Medicine, Melbourne University Medical School Building, Western Hospital, Footscray, Victoria, Australia
Am J Surg Pathol 34:1312-8. 2010..Five foregut antigens (D10, 1F6, MUC6, MUC5AC, and TFF2) and secretion of acid mucin were of use in distinguishing bile duct adenoma from other hepatic lesions...
- Mucin granule intraluminal organization in living mucous/goblet cells. Roles of protein post-translational modifications and secretionJuan Perez-Vilar
Cystic Fibrosis Pulmonary Research and Treatment Center, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7248, USA
J Biol Chem 281:4844-55. 2006..Using a green fluorescent protein-mucin fusion protein (SHGFP-MUC5AC/CK) as a FRAP (fluorescence recovery after photobleaching) probe, we have assessed in living mucous cells the ..
- Colonic expression of MUC2, MUC5AC, and TFF1 in inflammatory bowel disease in childrenRon Shaoul
Department of Pediatrics, Bnai Zion Medical Center, Faculty of Medicine, Technion Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa, Israel
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 38:488-93. 2004..mucins, and used specific antibodies to the mature goblet cell mucin MUC2, MUC2 core antigen, foveolar cell mucin MUC5AC, and gastric trefoil factor (TFF1), to characterize their presence and distribution in colonic tissue sections ..
- Co-expression of gastric and biliary phenotype in pyloric-gland type adenoma of the gallbladder: immunohistochemical analysis of mucin profile and CD10Shigenori Nagata
Department of Anatomic Pathology, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Higashi ku, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
Oncol Rep 17:721-9. 2007..Immunostainings were performed for mucin markers such as MUC5AC, human gastric mucin (HGM) for gastric foveolar type epithelium, MUC6, M-GGMC-1 for pyloric-gland type and MUC2 for intestinal ..
- A morphometric study of mucins and small airway plugging in cystic fibrosisPierre Regis Burgel
Service de Pneumologie, Hopital Cochin, Universite Rene Descartes, 27 rue du Faubourg St Jacques, 75 679 Paris Cedex 14, France
Thorax 62:153-61. 2007..Little knowledge exists on structural changes and plugging in small airways in cystic fibrosis...
- Up-regulation of mucin secretion in HT29-MTX cells by the pro-inflammatory cytokines tumor necrosis factor-alpha and interleukin-6M G Smirnova
Department of Physiological Sciences, University of Newcastle, Medical School, Framlington Place, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE2 4HH, UK
Eur Cytokine Netw 12:119-25. 2001..The MUC5AC and MUC5B mucin gene products have been identified as components of these effusions...
- Normal respiratory mucosa, precursor lesions and lung carcinomas: differential expression of human mucin genesM C Copin
Laboratoire de Biochimie et Biologie Moleculaire, Hopital C Huriez CHRU Lille, France, Faculte de Medecine, Universite de Lille II, Lille, France
Front Biosci 6:D1264-75. 2001..Eight human mucin genes have been well characterized: MUC2, MUC5AC, MUC5B, MUC6 map to 11p15...
- Glycoside hydrolase family 89 alpha-N-acetylglucosaminidase from Clostridium perfringens specifically acts on GlcNAc alpha1,4Gal beta1R at the non-reducing terminus of O-glycans in gastric mucinMasaya Fujita
Noguchi Institute, 1 8 1 Kaga, Itabashi, Tokyo 173 0003, Japan
J Biol Chem 286:6479-89. 2011..AgnC also released GlcNAc from porcine gastric mucin and cell surface mucin...
- Differential expression of mucin genes in mammary and extramammary Paget's diseaseS F Kuan
Department of Pathology, University of Chicago Hospital, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 25:1469-77. 2001..We studied the immunohistochemical expression of apomucin MUC1, MUC2, MUC5AC in MPD, and EMPD. MUC1 is commonly expressed in most cases of PD...
- Model systems for investigating mucin gene expression in airway diseasesM C Rose
Children s Research Institute, Children s National Medical Center, Washington, DC 20010, USA
J Aerosol Med 13:245-61. 2000..Several inflammatory mediators have now been shown to regulate expression of MUC2, MUC5AC, and MUC5B genes...
- MUC2 is a molecular marker for pseudomyxoma peritoneiJerome T O'Connell
Department of Pathology, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California 90024, USA
Mod Pathol 15:958-72. 2002..Our study specifically investigated MUC2 and MUC5AC because these two mucins possessed the physicochemical property of being gel-forming, a property exhibited by ..
- Expression of membrane-bound mucins (MUC1 and MUC4) and secreted mucins (MUC2, MUC5AC, MUC5B, MUC6 and MUC7) in mucoepidermoid carcinomas of salivary glandsLlucia Alos
Department of Pathology, Hospital Clinic, IDIBAPS, University of Barcelona, Villaroel 170, 08036 Barcelona, Spain
Am J Surg Pathol 29:806-13. 2005..The aim of this study was to investigate the expression of mucins (MUC1, MUC2, MUC4, MUC5AC, MUCB, MUC6, MUC7) in mucoepidermoid carcinomas, the most frequent malignant tumor of salivary glands...
- MUC5B is the major mucin in the gel phase of sputum in chronic obstructive pulmonary diseaseSara Kirkham
1Wellcome Trust Centre for Cell Matrix Research, Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Manchester, Manchester, United Kingdom
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 178:1033-9. 2008..The polymeric mucins are major macromolecules in the secretion. Therefore, we hypothesized that the polymeric mucin composition or properties may be different in the sputum from individuals with COPD and smokers without airflow ..
- Effect of pH on the association behavior in aqueous solutions of pig gastric mucinAtoosa Maleki
Department of Chemistry, University of Oslo, PO Box 1033, Blindern, N 0315 Oslo, Norway
Carbohydr Res 343:328-40. 2008..to examine the impact of pH (1 < or = pH < or = 7) on aqueous solutions of noncommercial purified pig gastric mucin. The asymmetric flow field-flow fractionation (AFFFF) measurements established that the mucin sample has a ..
- Significance of mucin expression in pancreatobiliary neoplasmsSuguru Yonezawa
Department of Human Pathology, Field of Oncology, Course of Advanced Therapeutics, Kagoshima University Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, 8 35 1 Sakuragaoka, Kagoshima 890 8544, Japan
J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Sci 17:108-24. 2010..High de novo expression of MUC5AC (gastric-type secreted mucin) was observed in many types of pancreatobiliary neoplasms, including all grades of ..
- Assignment of human tracheobronchial mucin gene(s) to 11p15 and a tracheobronchial mucin-related sequence to chromosome 13V C Nguyen
Laboratorie de Cytogénétique et de Génétique Oncologiques URA 1158 CNRS, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
Hum Genet 86:167-72. 1990Extensive heterogeneity of tracheobronchial mucin RNAs has been described recently. Based on the results of total or partial cDNA sequencing, the mucin cDNAs obtained were classified into three groups...
- An inventory of mucin genes in the chicken genome shows that the mucin domain of Muc13 is encoded by multiple exons and that ovomucin is part of a locus of related gel-forming mucinsTiange Lang
Department of Medical Biochemistry, Goteborg University, Goteborg, Sweden
BMC Genomics 7:197. 2006..We have developed computational methods to identify mucin genes and proteins based on these properties of the proteins...
- Nitric oxide induces MUC5AC mucin in respiratory epithelial cells through PKC and ERK dependent pathwaysJeong Sup Song
Department of Internal Medicine, St Mary s Hospital, Catholic University Medical College, Yeoi Do Dong, Young Dung Po Gu, Seoul, Korea
Respir Res 8:28. 2007..In this study, we investigated potential signaling pathways involving protein kinase C (PKC) and mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) in the NO-induced MUC5AC mucin gene and protein expression in A549 cells.
- Identification of a major human high molecular weight salivary mucin (MG1) as tracheobronchial mucin MUC5BP A Nielsen
Department of Oral Diagnostics, Faculty of Health Sciences, School of Dentistry, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Glycobiology 7:413-9. 1997..A single clone, SAL1, was identified and found to be encoded by tracheobronchial mucin gene MUC5B...
- Gene expression of gastric type mucin (MUC5AC) in pancreatic tumors: its relationship with the biological behavior of the tumorS Yonezawa
Second Department of Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, Kagoshima University, Kagoshima City, Japan
Pathol Int 49:45-54. 1999..The gastric type secretory mucin, MUC5AC, is strongly expressed in the surface mucous cells of gastric mucosa...
- In vitro evidence of nerve growth factor effects on human conjunctival epithelial cell differentiation and mucin gene expressionAlessandro Lambiase
CIR Laboratory of Ophthalmology, University Campus Bio Medico, Rome, Italy
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 50:4622-30. 2009..Alterations in goblet cell numbers and mucin secretion are observed in chronic ocular surface inflammatory diseases...
- Role of GP82 in the selective binding to gastric mucin during oral infection with Trypanosoma cruziDaniela I Staquicini
Departamento de Microbiologia, Imunologia e Parasitologia, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brasil
PLoS Negl Trop Dis 4:e613. 2010..route of infection may involve selective binding of the metacyclic trypomastigote surface molecule gp82 to gastric mucin as a first step towards invasion of the gastric mucosal epithelium and subsequent systemic infection...
- Normal and shear forces between surfaces bearing porcine gastric mucin, a high-molecular-weight glycoproteinNeale M Harvey
The Physical and Theoretical Chemistry Laboratory, University of Oxford, South Parks Road, Oxford OX1 3QZ, United Kingdom
Biomacromolecules 12:1041-50. 2011..to measure the normal and shear forces between two mica surfaces each bearing an adsorbed layer of porcine gastric mucin ("Orthana" mucin), genetically similar to human MUC6...
- Physical characterization of the MUC5AC mucin: a highly oligomeric glycoprotein whether isolated from cell culture or in vivo from respiratory mucous secretionsJ K Sheehan
The Wellcome Trust Centre for Cell Matrix Research, Division of Biochemistry, School of Biological Sciences, 2 205, Stopford Building, University of Manchester, Manchester M13 9PT, U K
Biochem J 347:37-44. 2000..34-1.44 g/ml) were reactive with an anti-peptide antiserum (MAN-5ACI) raised against a sequence from within the MUC5AC mucin. Similar antisera raised against the MUC2 and MUC5B mucins were not reactive...
- Regulation of mucous differentiation and mucin gene expression in the tracheobronchial epitheliumT Gray
Laboratory of Pulmonary Pathobiology, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Toxicology 160:35-46. 2001..normal human tracheobronchial epithelial (NHTBE) cells that were shown to secrete two major airway mucins, namely MUC5AC and MUC5B as well as several other secretory products...
- Immunohistochemical analysis of pyloric gland adenomas using a series of Mucin 2, Mucin 5AC, Mucin 6, CD10, Ki67 and p53Michael Vieth
Institute of Pathology, Klinikum Bayreuth, Germany
Virchows Arch 457:529-36. 2010..with PGA with and without adenocarcinomas of the gastrointestinal tract, an immunhistochemical panel of Mucin 2, Mucin 5AC, Mucin 6, CD10, Ki67 and p53 was used to define the expression of these markers...
- Muc5b and Muc5ac are the major oligomeric mucins in equine airway mucusKarine Rousseau
Wellcome Trust Centre for Cell Matrix Research, Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Manchester, Manchester, United Kingdom
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 292:L1396-404. 2007..of tryptic digests of the unfractionated mucin preparation showed that the oligomeric mucins Muc5b and Muc5ac were present...
- Molecular cloning and sequencing of a canine tracheobronchial mucin cDNA containing a cysteine-rich domainM Verma
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Georgetown University, Washington, DC 20007
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 90:7144-8. 1993To date the complete sequence of only one mammalian mucin cDNA, MUC1, has been reported, although several mucin proteins have been partially characterized...
- Mucins and mucin binding proteins in colorectal cancerJames C Byrd
The Department of Gastrointestinal Medicine and Nutrition, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Blvd, Unit 436 Houston, TX 77030, USA
Cancer Metastasis Rev 23:77-99. 2004..There are two structurally and functionally distinct classes of mucins: secreted gel-forming mucins (MUC2, MUC5AC, MUC5B, and MUC6) and transmembrane mucins (MUC1, MUC3A, MUC3B, MUC4, MUC12, MUC17), although the products of some ..
- Characterization of mucins from cultured normal human tracheobronchial epithelial cellsD J Thornton
The Wellcome Trust Centre for Cell Matrix Research, Division of Biochemistry, School of Biological Sciences, University of Manchester, United Kingdom
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 278:L1118-28. 2000..a mucociliary epithelium over a 2- to 3-wk period and express increasing mRNA levels of the airway mucin genes MUC5AC and MUC5B as the cultures age; the levels of MUC2 mRNA were very low throughout the study...
- Expression of mucins (MUC1, MUC2, MUC3, MUC4, MUC5AC and MUC6) and their prognostic significance in human breast cancerEmad A Rakha
Department of Histopathology, The Breast Unit, Nottingham City Hospital, University of Nottingham, Nottingham, UK
Mod Pathol 18:1295-304. 2005..technology and immunohistochemistry to evaluate the expression profiles of several mucins (MUC1, MUC2, MUC3, MUC4, MUC5AC and MUC6) and to assess their prognostic value. We detected MUC1 expression in 91% of tumours...
- Assay of mucins in human tear fluidSandra Spurr-Michaud
Schepens Eye Research Institute, 20 Staniford Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Exp Eye Res 84:939-50. 2007Mucin genes, both secreted (MUC2, MUC5AC, MUC5B, MUC7) and membrane associated (MUC1, MUC4, MUC16), have been reported to be expressed by ocular surface epithelia...
- Allelic association and recombination hotspots in the mucin gene (MUC) complex on chromosome 11p15.5K Rousseau
The Galton Laboratory, Department of Biology, University College London, Wolfson House, 4 Stephenson Way, London, NW1 2HE, UK
Ann Hum Genet 71:561-9. 2007..5; tel MUC6-MUC2-MUC5AC-MUC5B cen; approx. 400 kb)...
- Intestinal differentiation in metaplastic, nongoblet columnar epithelium in the esophagusHejin P Hahn
Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 33:1006-15. 2009..markers of intestinal differentiation, such as MUC2, DAS-1, Villin, and CDX2, a marker of gastric differentiation (MUC5AC), and Ki67, a marker of cell proliferation...
- [Effect of peroxisome proliferators activated receptor gamma and its ligand on airway mucus hypersecretion in rats]Wei Jia Liu
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Sichuan University West China Hospital, Chengdu 610041, China
Zhonghua Jie He He Hu Xi Za Zhi 32:282-6. 2009..To explore the effect and the molecular mechanisms of peroxisome proliferators activated receptor gamma (PPAR-gamma) and its ligand on airway mucus hypersecretion...
- Increased expression of human calcium-activated chloride channel 1 is correlated with mucus overproduction in the airways of Chinese patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary diseaseKe Wang
Division of Pulmonary Diseases, State Key Laboratory of Biotherapy of China, and Department of Respiratory Medicine, West China Hospital of Sichuan University, Chengdu 610041, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 120:1051-7. 2007..To investigate the relationship of CaCC(1) and mucus overproduction in the airway of Chinese patients with COPD, the expressions of CaCC(1), MUC5AC and mucus in bronchial tissues were examined.
- Development and application of an in vitro methodology to determine the transit tolerance of potentially probiotic Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium species in the upper human gastrointestinal tractW P Charteris
SET Consultants Ltd, Douglas, Cork, Ireland
J Appl Microbiol 84:759-68. 1998..The methodology was also employed to determine the effect of adding milk proteins (1 g l-1), hog gastric mucin (1 g l-1) and soyabean trypsinchymotrypsin inhibitor [SBTCI] (1 g l-1) on transit tolerance...
- Decreased expression of human aquaporin-5 correlated with mucus overproduction in airways of chronic obstructive pulmonary diseaseKe Wang
Division of Pulmonary Diseases, State Key Laboratory of Biotherapy of China, and Department of Respiratory Medicine, West China Hospital of Sichuan University, Sichuan, China
Acta Pharmacol Sin 28:1166-74. 2007..To investigate the relationship between aquaporin-5 (AQP5) expression and mucus overproduction in the airways of Chinese patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and the correlation with pulmonary function change...
- Gastric and intestinal differentiation in Barrett's metaplasia and associated adenocarcinomaP Chaves
Grupo de Estudo do Esófago de Barrett, Instituto Portugues de Oncologia Francisco Gentil, Centro Regional de Oncologia de Lisboa SA, Portugal
Dis Esophagus 18:383-7. 2005..We studied 46 columnar-lined esophageal segments, 15 with associated adenocarcinoma. The presence of the gastric, MUC5AC and MUC6, and the intestinal, MUC2, proteins was evaluated in metaplastic (columnar and goblet) and neoplastic ..
- Titanium dioxide particle-induced goblet cell hyperplasia: association with mast cells and IL-13Mi Hyun Ahn
Genome Research Center for Allergy and Respiratory disease, Soonchunhyang University Hospital, Bucheon, Korea
Respir Res 6:34. 2005..However, the underlying mechanisms remain poorly understood...
- Complement C3a regulates Muc5ac expression by airway Clara cells independently of Th2 responsesPatricia Dillard
The Brown Foundation Institute of Molecular Medicine for the Prevention of Human Diseases, The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, 1825 Pressler Street, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 175:1250-8. 2007..Although the complement anaphylatoxin C3a and its receptor have been shown to promote many features of allergic lung inflammation, the contribution to mucin expression has not been elucidated.
- Central role of Muc5ac expression in mucous metaplasia and its regulation by conserved 5' elementsHays W J Young
Department of Pulmonary Medicine, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 37:273-90. 2007..Five orthologous genes (MUC2, MUC5AC, MUC5B, MUC6, and MUC19) encode the mammalian gel-forming mucin family, and several have been implicated in asthma,..
- Filtering blebs and aqueous pathway an immunocytological and in vivo confocal microscopy studyNawel Amar
Department of Ophthalmology III, Quinze Vingts National Ophthalmology Hospital, Paris, France
Ophthalmology 115:1154-1161.e4. 2008..To characterize and understand, at the cellular level, the aqueous humor pathways after filtering surgery, using in vivo confocal microscopy and impression cytology (IC)...
- Alterations of matrix metalloproteinases, gastric mucin and prostaglandin E(2) levels by pectic polysaccharide of swallow root (Decalepis hamiltonii) during ulcer healingBelagihally M Srikanta
Department of Biochemistry and Nutrition, Central Food Technological Research Institute, Karnataka, India
Biochimie 92:194-203. 2010..In the current study, alteration of matrix metalloproteinases, gastric mucin and prostaglandin E(2) levels during polysaccharide mediated ulcer healing was determined in acetic acid ..
- pH-dependent intraluminal organization of mucin granules in live human mucous/goblet cellsJuan Perez-Vilar
Cystic Fibrosis Pulmonary Research and Treatment Center, School of Medicine, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7248, USA
J Biol Chem 280:16868-81. 2005..mucin packaging within mucin granules, we generated human mucous/goblet cells stably expressing a recombinant MUC5AC domain fused to green fluorescent protein (GFP)...
- Interleukin-13-induced MUC5AC is regulated by 15-lipoxygenase 1 pathway in human bronchial epithelial cellsJinming Zhao
Division of Pulmonary, Allergy and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 179:782-90. 200915-Lipoxygenase-1 (15LO1) and MUC5AC are highly expressed in asthmatic epithelial cells. IL-13 is known to induce 15LO1 and MUC5AC in human airway epithelial cells in vitro...
- Differential protein immunoexpression profiles in appendiceal mucinous neoplasms: a special reference to classification and predictive factorsSun Och Yoon
Department of Pathology, Seoul National University Boramae Hospital, Seoul, Korea
Mod Pathol 22:1102-12. 2009..E-cadherin, FHIT, hMLH1, p53, p63, smad4), cell-cycle regulators (p21, p27, p16), and mucin proteins (MUC1, MUC2, MUC5AC, MUC6)...
- Entrapment of conjunctival goblet cells by desiccation-induced cornificationRosa Maria Corrales
Ocular Surface Center, Cullen Eye Institute, Department of Ophthalmology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 52:3492-9. 2011..To evaluate the effects of desiccating stress on conjunctival goblet cell density and morphology and the expression of cornified envelope precursors by the ocular surface epithelia...
- Human mucin gene MUC5B, the 10.7-kb large central exon encodes various alternate subdomains resulting in a super-repeat. Structural evidence for a 11p15.5 gene familyJ L Desseyn
INSERM 377 Laboratoire Gérard Biserte, Place de Verdun, 59045 Lille Cedex, France
J Biol Chem 272:3168-78. 1997Human mucin gene MUC5B is mapped clustered with MUC6, MUC2, and MUC5AC on chromosome 11p15.5. We report here the isolation of three overlapping genomic clones of human MUC5B spanning approximately 40 kilobases...
- Mucin gene expression (MUC1, MUC2, and MUC5/5AC) in nasal epithelial cells of cystic fibrosis, allergic rhinitis, and normal individualsJ A Voynow
Department of Pediatrics, George Washington University School of Medicine, Washington, D C 20010, USA
Lung 176:345-54. 1998..One possible explanation for this cascade of events is increased or altered expression of one or more mucin (MUC) genes by CF cells in the respiratory tract...
- Transcriptional activation of the murine Muc5ac mucin gene in epithelial cancer cells by TGF-beta/Smad4 signalling pathway is potentiated by Sp1Nicolas Jonckheere
Unité INSERM U560, Place de Verdun, 59045 Lille Cedex, France
Biochem J 377:797-808. 2004..In our laboratory we have shown previously that MUC5AC is aberrantly expressed in rectosigmoid villous adenomas...
- Human pancreatic mucinous cystadenoma is characterized by distinct mucin, cytokeratin and CD10 expression compared with intraductal papillary-mucinous adenomaA Handra-Luca
Service d Anatomie Pathologique, Hopital Beaujon, Clichy, France
Histopathology 48:813-21. 2006To examine cytokeratin, epithelial glycoprotein (mucin) and glycoprotein CD10 expression in benign mucinous cystdenomas (MCAs) in comparison with intraductal papillary mucinous adenomas (IPMAs).
- Mucin core polypeptide expression in the progression of neoplasia in Barrett's esophagusJonathan N Glickman
Department of Pathology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Hum Pathol 37:1304-15. 2006..with high-grade dysplasia [HGD]) were immunostained (ABC method) with antibodies against MUC1, MUC2, MUC3, MUC5AC, and MUC6...
- Clinical impact of preoperative screening for gastric mucin secretion in cervical discharge by HIK1083-labeled latex agglutination testMakiko Omori
Obstetrics and Gynecology, National University Corporation University of Yamanashi, Yamanashi, Japan
Am J Clin Pathol 130:585-94. 2008The present study evaluated the clinical impact of preoperative screening for gastric mucin in cervical discharge, using a latex agglutination test with HIK1083, a monoclonal antibody against gastric mucin...
- LAURA ELIZABETH MARTINEZ; Fiscal Year: 2015..record the swimming behavior and determine the directional switching frequency of the bacteria in purified gastric mucin, the relevant polymer for H. pylori in the stomach (aim 1A)...
- IL8-induced Post-transcriptional Regulation of the MUC5AC mucin geneMary C Rose; Fiscal Year: 2010..b>MUC5AC, a major airway mucin, is localized to goblet cells in the conducting airway epithelium and overexpressed in lung ..
- Stephen C Pflugfelder; Fiscal Year: 2016..represses conjunctival goblet cell maturation by increasing expression of FoxA2, a transcriptional repressor of MUC5AC mucin, as well as the IL-13 decoy receptor, IL-13 receptor alpha 2 that avidly binds IL-13 and inhibits IL-13 ..
- REGULATION OF GASTRIC MUCIN SYNTHESISCLEMENT BOLAND; Fiscal Year: 1990..In spite of this important protective role, details about the regulation of gastric mucin synthesis and secretion are limited, primarily because of the complexities of intact gastric mucosa...
- Regulation of MUC19 by Th2 cytokine in airway epitheliumYin Chen; Fiscal Year: 2011..change of surface airway epithelial cells from the sole expression of the "surface" type of gel-forming mucin -MUC5AC to the co-expression with the submucosal gland-specific MUC5B and MUC19, a novel gel-forming we newly discovered, ..
- Modulation of conjunctival goblet cell differentiation by immunoregulatory cellsCintia Sade de Paiva; Fiscal Year: 2010..will be confirmed by evaluating goblet cell and CD4+ cell density and expression of the goblet cell mucin MUC5AC and metaplasia marker small proline rich residue 2 protein (SPRR-2) in conjunctival sections from normal and dry ..
- Pi Wan Cheng; Fiscal Year: 2015..and H292 cells with and without heat shock will be the test models because they express C2GnT-L, C2GnT-M, MUC1 and MUC5AC, which allows assessment of changes in mucin glycan structures in these two mucins following disruption of Golgi ..
- Specialized molecules with essential roles in mucus productionDavid J Erle; Fiscal Year: 2013..In a mouse model of asthma, production of the major airway mucin MUC5AC was reduced but not abolished in Agr2-/- mice...
- Regulation of Airway Mucin Gene Expression by Epigenetic MechanismReen Wu; Fiscal Year: 2013..Preliminary studies have shown the presence of CpG islands in the upstream promoter region of human MUC5AC (at -4,396 bp - 4,541bp), which is not present in the mouse orthologue...
- Darlene A Dartt; Fiscal Year: 2015..Corneal response to infection is constrained, but conjunctiva can respond exuberantly. In particular the MUC5AC-secreting conjunctival goblet cells are the first line of innate immune defense of the ocular surface with their ..
- Control of Mucin Glycan Branching in Membrane-bound and Secreted MucinsPi Wan Cheng; Fiscal Year: 2010..of core 2 structure in MUC1 and overexpression of C2GnT-L would not affect the levels of core 2 structure in MUC5AC, (2) targeting C2GnT-M and core 3 synthase to the sub-Golgi locations of C2GnT-L and core 1 synthase, respectively ..
- Jian dong Li; Fiscal Year: 2014..During previous grant period, we found that Sp up-regulates MUC5AC mucin via activation of MAPK ERK;ERK activation also leads to induction of MKP-1, which in turn inhibits ERK and ..
- Christopher M Evans; Fiscal Year: 2016..Autopsy studies show that 98% of the airways of patients who die from fatal asthma have extensive mucus plugging. MUC5AC and MUC5B are the major secreted airway mucins...
- Mehmet Kesimer; Fiscal Year: 2014..Airway mucins, particularly MUC5AC and MUC5B, are the major constituent of the mucus gel and play an important role in the mucociliary clearance...
- Bacteria-Mucin Interactions at the Ocular SurfaceIlene K Gipson; Fiscal Year: 2012..the three types of bacteria bind to specific released mucins, MUCs 1, 4 and 16, and/or secreted goblet cell mucin MUC5AC present in the tear film, and whether such binding acts as a protective mechanism, preventing adhesion to HCLE ..
- Th2 effects on eicosanoid pathways: implications for altered innate responses inSally E Wenzel; Fiscal Year: 2010..of PG-related pathways and addressing the role of this inhibition of PG-related pathways on induction of mucin (MUC5AC), inducible nitric oxide (iNOS), 15 lipoxygenase (LO) 1, IL-8 and matrix metalloproteinase (MMP)-1...
- Mehmet Kesimer; Fiscal Year: 2014..the organization of the airway gel layer, which is formed by very large glycoproteins termed mucins (MUC5B and MUC5AC) coupled with other protective biomolecules through labile interactions, and assess the role of these interactions ..
- Michael A Hollingsworth; Fiscal Year: 2015..The earliest premalignant and malignant lesions in the pancreas express MUCI, MUC4, MUC5ac, MUC16, and MUC17 with truncated O-linked structures attached (Tn, sialyl Tn, T) but may not produce a sufficient ..
- Resolution of Epithelial Cell HyperplasiaYohannes Tesfaigzi; Fiscal Year: 2013..differentiated NHBECArg/Arg, NHBECArg/Pro, and NHBECPro/Pro cultures will show differences in secreted mucus, MUC5AC, Noxa, and Puma mRNA expression, and the development of MCM before and after exposure to ETS extract...
- Mary Ann Stepp; Fiscal Year: 2014..progenitor cells, K8+K12+ cells which can proliferate, and K8+ post-mitotic differentiated goblet cells expressing Muc5ac. During homeostasis and after small debridement wounds, conventional and compound niche progenitor cells generate ..
- CYLD as a negative regulator for MUC5AC in NTHi-induced otitis mediaErika Szymanski; Fiscal Year: 2007..Mucus is largely the product of mucin glycoproteins including MUC5AC, which is strongly upregulated by bacterial infection...
- Mechanisms of Asbestos-Induced CIca1 and Mucin in Lung EpitheliumTara Sabo Attwood; Fiscal Year: 2009..primary goal is to unveil signaling pathways altered by asbestos that regulate the expression of hclcal/mclcaS and muc5ac, two genes involved in mucin production and/or secretion...
- Attenuation of mucous cell metaplasia by RadMary Chang; Fiscal Year: 2006..Both Northern blot and RealTime RT-PCR analysis demonstrated that the steady state level of MUC5B/MUC5AC mRNA were drastically inhibited by Rad...
- DAVID ALBERT SCHWARTZ; Fiscal Year: 2016..Furthermore, we have found common variants in MUC5AC (chr11 positional candidate) that are associated with both FIP and IPF...
- IkB kinase-dependent regulation of mucin in otitis mediaUnhwan Ha; Fiscal Year: 2007..These encouraging novel findings have thus led us to hypothesize that Gram- positive S. pneumoniae up-regulates MUC5AC mucin transcription via novel signaling networks involving IkappaB kinases-ERK signaling pathway in a NF-kappaB ..
- Regulation of the Muc5ac Gene in the Mouse AirwayHAYS YOUNG; Fiscal Year: 2006..However, during airway inflammation, mucin synthesis is increased dramatically...
- CREB in Differentiation of Bronchial Mucous CellsJa Seok Koo; Fiscal Year: 2007..Activation of CREB by RA is a prerequisite for basal MUC5AC expression and normal mucous differentiation, and chronic, persistent overexpression and activation of CREB by ..
- Detection and Role of C-Mannosylation in MucinsJUAN PEREZ VILAR; Fiscal Year: 2006..Our preliminary data suggest the Cys subdomains in MUC5AC and MUC5B are C-mannosylated when expressed in cultured animal cells...
- Diesel Exhaust Particle Modulation of InflammationJeanclare Seagrave; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- REGULATION OF MUCIN GENE EXPRESSION BY ELASTASEJudith Voynow; Fiscal Year: 2003..be tested: 1) neutrophil elastase increases the stability of mRNAs coding for two major respiratory tracts mucins, MUC5AC and MUC4; 2) neutrophil elastase treatment of airway epithelial cells triggers generation of reactive oxygen ..
- Mucin Gene Regulation by Elastase and OxidantsJudith Voynow; Fiscal Year: 2008..generates intracellular reactive oxygen species and these reactive oxygen species are required for NE-increased MUC5AC mucin expression...
- MUC4 Mucin and Airway Epithelial Regeneration in COPDJudith Voynow; Fiscal Year: 2006..To date, the only ligand known to activate ErbB2 is MUC4. MUC4 is a major membrane-tethered, respiratory tract mucin with epidermal growth factor (EGF)-like domains...
- NEGATIVE REGULATORY ELEMENT OF HAMSTER MUC 1 PROMOTERKwang Kim; Fiscal Year: 2003DESCRIPTION (Adapted from the Applicant's Abstract): MUC 1 is a transmembrane cell surface mucin best known for its upregulation in breast cancer...
- Effects of Tobacco Smoke on Airway Bactericidal ActivityYuan Pu Di; Fiscal Year: 2004..Finally, the candidate may obtain a better understanding of the pathogenesis of bacterial infections in certain lung diseases under effects of tobacco smoke, and the development of new therapeutic strategies...
- A Sequencing Microarray for Mitochondrial MutationsAnirban Maitra; Fiscal Year: 2004..This study will serve as a model for array-based diagnosis of cancer in clinical samples. ..
- GENETIC REGULATION OF 03-INDUCED INFLAMMATIONW Foster; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- GLYCOCONJUGATES IN PANCREATIC CANCERYoung Kim; Fiscal Year: 2002..Pancreatic tumors frequently exhibit alterations in mucin gene expression, providing both diagnostic and therapeutic opportunities...
- MUCIN SECRETION IN COLUMNAR EPITHELIAL CELLSRahul Kuver; Fiscal Year: 2003..A mechanistic understanding of mucin secretion has clinical relevance for a number of diseases including cystic fibrosis (CF), inflammatory bowel ..
- CHOLESTEROL TRANSPORT IN GALLBLADDER EPITHELIAL CELLSRahul Kuver; Fiscal Year: 2003..3. Compare and contrast the mechanisms of activation of ABCA1 via the cAMP responsive and the LXRalpha/RXR- responsive pathways. ..
- Thioredoxin in Neutrophil-Airway Epithelial InteractionsKaren Oslund; Fiscal Year: 2008..She hopes to use a career research award to gain additional knowledge and training in molecular biology while transitioning to an independent researcher who will be competitive for R01 funding. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MoAbs for the Management of Pancreatic CancerDavid Gold; Fiscal Year: 2005..Finally, a PAM4IL2 fusion protein will be examined for its ability to enhance tumor uptake of a subsequently administered radiolabeled PAM4 antibody. ..
- Middle Ear Epithelial Response to Cytokine StimulationJoseph Kerschner; Fiscal Year: 2005..interleukin-6 (IL- 6) and interleukin-8 (IL-8) will exhibit changes in: 1) mucoglycoprotein secretion (MGP), 2) mucin gene expression and 3) morphology...
- "Ligand Independent" endocrine disruption by pesticidesPatrick Wong; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Genetic contributors to diabetes and dyslipidemia in African AmericansMichele M Sale; Fiscal Year: 2010..We propose applying this proven strategy to identify new therapeutic targets and allow translation to novel diagnostic, prevention, and treatment strategies for type 2 diabetes. ..
- Hedgehog signaling in pancreatic neoplasiaAnirban Maitra; Fiscal Year: 2006..Specifically, it will be determined whether Hh misexpression can generate a phenotype of multistep progression of pancreatic cancer that resembles the cognate human condition. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- IL13-responsive genes in goblet cell metaplasia in asthmaMary Rose; Fiscal Year: 2007..cell hyperplasia, GCH) in the airway epithelium is largely responsible for the deleterious overproduction of mucin glycoproteins in response to allergens and environmental toxins in patients with asthma...
- Dependency of O-3 Induced Lung Mucus Hypersecretion on NQ01W Michael Foster; Fiscal Year: 2010..to O3 by susceptible humans activates NQO1, generates reactive oxygen metabolites and leads to an increase in MUC5AC mRNA expression and production of mucins by airway epithelial cells...
- Biliary oxysterols and cholangiocarcinomaRAHUL P KUVER; Fiscal Year: 2010..on short term exposure to biliary epithelial cells, exhibit profound effects on apoptosis, cell proliferation, mucin synthesis and secretion...
- Anti-inflammatory role of MUC1 mucinKwang Chul Kim; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our laboratory made theinteresting observation that MUC1 mucin on the surface of airway epithelial cells is a specific binding site for PA mediated through bacterial flagellin...
- Mucin expression in rheumatoid arthritisMICHAEL VOLIN; Fiscal Year: 2008..Preliminary data examining the expression of mucins in RA and osteoarthritis (OA) indicate that: 1) MUC3 and MUC5AC expression is upregulated in arthritic synovial tissue over normal synovial tissue; 2) synovial fibroblasts ..
- Cell Surface Modulation of EGFR-Mediated DifferentiationSuil Kim; Fiscal Year: 2008....