Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MT1-MMP
Description: matrix metallopeptidase 14
Alias: MMP-14, MMP-X1, MT-MMP, MT-MMP 1, MT1-MMP, MT1MMP, MTMMP1, WNCHRS, matrix metalloproteinase-14, matrix metallopeptidase 14 (membrane-inserted), membrane type 1 metalloprotease, membrane-type-1 matrix metalloproteinase
Publications263 found, 100 shown here
- Membrane-type-1 matrix metalloproteinase transcription and translation in myocardial fibroblasts from patients with normal left ventricular function and from patients with cardiomyopathyLaura S Spruill
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 293:C1362-73. 2007..These phenotypic changes in DCM fibroblasts may provide the basis for developing cell specific pharmacological targets for control of MT1-MMP expression...
- Lipid rafts and caveolin-1 are required for invadopodia formation and extracellular matrix degradation by human breast cancer cellsHideki Yamaguchi
Laboratory of Genome and Biosignal, Tokyo University of Pharmacy and Life Sciences, Hachioji, Tokyo, Japan
Cancer Res 69:8594-602. 2009..b>Membrane type 1 matrix metalloproteinase (MT1-MMP), a matrix proteinase associated with invadopodia, is localized at lipid raft-enriched ..
- The cytoplasmic tail dileucine motif LL572 determines the glycosylation pattern of membrane-type 1 matrix metalloproteinaseThomas Ludwig
German Cancer Research Center Heidelberg, Microenvironment of Tumor Cell Invasion, Im Neuenheimer Feld 267, Heidelberg 69120, Germany
J Biol Chem 283:35410-8. 2008..Here, we develop and present a model for the sequential, post-translational processing of MT1-MMP that defines stages in the post-synthetic pathway pursued by the protein...
- Endothelial cell lumen and vascular guidance tunnel formation requires MT1-MMP-dependent proteolysis in 3-dimensional collagen matricesAmber N Stratman
Department of Medical Pharmacology and Physiology, School of Medicine, Dalton Cardiovascular Center, University of Missouri Columbia, MO 65212, USA
Blood 114:237-47. 2009..In summary, a fundamental and previously unrecognized purpose of EC tube morphogenesis is to create networks of matrix conduits that are necessary for EC migration and tube remodeling events critical to blood vessel assembly...
- Mutation of membrane type-1 metalloproteinase, MT1-MMP, causes the multicentric osteolysis and arthritis disease Winchester syndromeBrad R Evans
Department of Genetics and Genomic Sciences, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY, USA
Am J Hum Genet 91:572-6. 2012..Thr17Arg) decreases MT1-MMP membrane localization with consequent impairment of pro-MMP2 activation, and we propose a structure-based mechanism for this effect...
- Epigallocatechin gallate targeting of membrane type 1 matrix metalloproteinase-mediated Src and Janus kinase/signal transducers and activators of transcription 3 signaling inhibits transcription of colony-stimulating factors 2 and 3 in mesenchymal stromalAlain Zgheib
Laboratoire d Oncologie Moleculaire, Centre de recherche BioMed, Departement de Chimie, Universite du Quebec a Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3C 3P8
J Biol Chem 288:13378-86. 2013..CSF-2 and CSF-3 confer proangiogenic and immunomodulatory properties to mesenchymal stromal cells (MSCs)...
- Membrane type 1-matrix metalloproteinase is involved in migration of human monocytes and is regulated through their interaction with fibronectin or endotheliumSalomón Matías-Román
Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Cardiovasculares, Madrid, Spain
Blood 105:3956-64. 2005....
- Membrane type 1-matrix metalloproteinase is regulated by chemokines monocyte-chemoattractant protein-1/ccl2 and interleukin-8/CXCL8 in endothelial cells during angiogenesisBeatriz G Galvez
Departamento de Investigación Básica, Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Cardiovasculares, Ronda de Poniente, 5, 28760 Tres Cantos, Spain
J Biol Chem 280:1292-8. 2005....
- Potential relation of aberrant proteolysis of human protein tyrosine kinase 7 (PTK7) chuzhoi by membrane type 1 matrix metalloproteinase (MT1-MMP) to congenital defectsVladislav S Golubkov
Cancer Research Center, Sanford Burnham Medical Research Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
J Biol Chem 286:20970-6. 2011..We hypothesized and then proved that the chz mutation caused an insertion of an additional membrane type 1 matrix metalloproteinase cleavage site in PTK7 and that the resulting aberrant proteolysis of chz affected the migratory ..
- Expression of MMP-2, -7, -9, MT1-MMP and TIMP-1 and -2 has no prognostic relevance in patients with advanced epithelial ovarian cancerJean Luc Brun
Department of Obstetrics, Hopital Tenon, AP HP, F 75571 Paris, France
Oncol Rep 27:1049-57. 2012..Standard statistical analysis adjusted after Bonferroni correction and CMDS reduced the relevance of MMPs and TIMPs in the prognosis of patients with advanced ovarian cancer...
- MicroRNA-133a regulates the mRNAs of two invadopodia-related proteins, FSCN1 and MMP14, in esophageal cancerN Akanuma
Department of Frontier Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba University, 1 8 1, Inohana, Chuo Ku, Chiba 260 8670, Japan
Br J Cancer 110:189-98. 2014FSCN1 and matrix metalloproteinase 14 (MMP14) are both invadopodia-related proteins. We herein elucidate the tumourigenicity of these proteins and identify novel therapeutic agents in esophageal squamous cell carcinoma (ESCC).
- Tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-2 (TIMP-2) binds to the catalytic domain of the cell surface receptor, membrane type 1-matrix metalloproteinase 1 (MT1-MMP)S Zucker
Department of Medicine, Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Northport, New York 11768, USA
J Biol Chem 273:1216-22. 1998..MT1-MMP complexes in MT1-MMP-transfected COS-1 cell membrane extracts. TIMP-2 receptors were also identified on concanavalin A-treated human umbilical vein endothelial cells; inhibition of TIMP-2 binding with CT-1746 was demonstrated...
- The hepatitis B virus X protein promotes tumor cell invasion by inducing membrane-type matrix metalloproteinase-1 and cyclooxygenase-2 expressionEnrique Lara-Pezzi
Unidad de Biologia Molecular, Hospital Universitario de la Princesa, Madrid, Spain
J Clin Invest 110:1831-8. 2002....
- Membrane type-1 matrix metalloproteinase (MT1-MMP) processing of pro-alphav integrin regulates cross-talk between alphavbeta3 and alpha2beta1 integrins in breast carcinoma cellsPeter C Baciu
Allergan Inc, 2525 Dupont Dr, Irvine, CA 92612, USA
Exp Cell Res 291:167-75. 2003....
- Cellular membrane type-1 matrix metalloproteinase (MT1-MMP) cleaves C3b, an essential component of the complement systemDmitri V Rozanov
The Burnham Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
J Biol Chem 279:46551-7. 2004....
- Expression of membrane type 1 matrix metalloproteinase in papillomavirus-positive cells: role of the human papillomavirus (HPV) 16 and HPV8 E7 gene productsSigrun Smola-Hess
Institute of Virology, University of Cologne, Fürst Pückler Strasse 56, 50935 Cologne, Germany
J Gen Virol 86:1291-6. 2005..As a consequence, MMP-2 was activated. MT-1 MMP expression might play a role in the HPV life cycle by promoting proliferation of host cells and might contribute to their invasive phenotype during malignant progression...
- A critical role for the membrane-type 1 matrix metalloproteinase in collagen phagocytosisHyejin Lee
Canadian Institutes of Health Research Group in Matrix Dynamics, Faculty of Dentistry, and Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario M5S 3E2, Canada
Mol Biol Cell 17:4812-26. 2006..In contrast to MT1-MMP, the gelatinolytic activity of MMP-2 was not required for collagen phagocytosis. These studies demonstrate a pivotal role of catalytically active MT1-MMP in preparing collagen fibrils for phagocytic degradation...
- The Wnt/planar cell polarity protein-tyrosine kinase-7 (PTK7) is a highly efficient proteolytic target of membrane type-1 matrix metalloproteinase: implications in cancer and embryogenesisVladislav S Golubkov
Cancer Research Center, Sanford Burnham Medical Research Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
J Biol Chem 285:35740-9. 2010..Further insight into these novel mechanisms may promote understanding of directional cell motility and lead to the identification of therapeutics to treat PCP-related developmental disorders and malignancy...
- Angiotensin II-induced MMP-2 activity and MMP-14 and basigin protein expression are mediated via the angiotensin II receptor type 1-mitogen-activated protein kinase 1 pathway in retinal pigment epithelium: implications for age-related macular degenerationMarianne Pons
Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, University of Miami, Miami, Florida, USA
Am J Pathol 178:2665-81. 2011..A better understanding of the molecular events by which Ang II induces ECM dysregulation is of critical importance to further define its contribution to the progression of sub-RPE deposits in AMD patients with HTN...
- Number of endothelial progenitor cells in peripheral artery disease as a marker of severity and association with pentraxin-3, malondialdehyde-modified low-density lipoprotein and membrane type-1 matrix metalloproteinaseTetsuji Morishita
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, University of Fukui Hospital, Matsuoka, Fukui, Japan
J Atheroscler Thromb 19:149-58. 2012..Despite the occurrence of endothelial dysfunction in peripheral artery disease (PAD), few data are available on EPC mobilization in this setting...
- Increased aggressiveness of human prostate PC-3 tumor cells expressing cell surface localized membrane type-1 matrix metalloproteinase (MT1-MMP)Xing Wang
Department of Pharmacology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
J Androl 30:259-74. 2009....
- Matrilysin shedding of syndecan-1 regulates chemokine mobilization and transepithelial efflux of neutrophils in acute lung injuryQinglang Li
Department of Pediatrics, Washington University School of Medicine, Saint Louis, MO 63110, USA
Cell 111:635-46. 2002..In vitro, matrilysin cleaved syndecan-1 from the surface of cells. Thus, matrilysin-mediated shedding of syndecan-1/KC complexes from the mucosal surface directs and confines neutrophil influx to sites of injury...
- Mammalian tolloid metalloproteinase, and not matrix metalloprotease 2 or membrane type 1 metalloprotease, processes laminin-5 in keratinocytes and skinDallas P Veitch
Program in Epithelial Biology, Stanford University, 269 Campus Drive, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
J Biol Chem 278:15661-8. 2003..In addition, mTLD/BMP-1 null mice were shown to have deficient laminin-5 processing. Together, these data identify laminin-5 as a substrate for mTLD, suggesting a role for laminin-5 processing by mTLD in the skin...
- Tumor cell invasion of von Hippel Lindau renal cell carcinoma cells is mediated by membrane type-1 matrix metalloproteinaseBrenda L Petrella
Department of Medicine, Norris Cotton Cancer Center, Dartmouth Medical School, Lebanon, NH, USA
Mol Cancer 5:66. 2006..The aim of this study was to investigate the contribution of MT1-MMP to the invasive potential of RCC cells using in vitro type I collagen degradation and invasion assays...
- Membrane-type 1 matrix metalloproteinase regulates cell migration during zebrafish gastrulation: evidence for an interaction with non-canonical Wnt signalingRebecca C Coyle
Department of Medicine Division of Genetic Medicine, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Exp Cell Res 314:2150-62. 2008..Together, our results support the notion that pathways regulating pericellular proteolysis and cell polarity converge to promote efficient cell migration...
- Tetraspanin proteins regulate membrane type-1 matrix metalloproteinase-dependent pericellular proteolysisMarc A Lafleur
Department of Cancer Immunology and AIDS, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Mol Biol Cell 20:2030-40. 2009..Interfering with MT1-MMP-tetraspanin collaboration may be a useful therapeutic approach to limit cancer cell invasion and metastasis...
- Collagen regulation of let-7 in pancreatic cancer involves TGF-β1-mediated membrane type 1-matrix metalloproteinase expressionS Dangi-Garimella
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, IL, USA
Oncogene 30:1002-8. 2011....
- Expression of membrane-type-1-matrix metalloproteinase and metalloproteinase-2 in nonsmall cell lung carcinomasTsuyoshi Yamamura
Department of Pathology, National Defense Medical College, Tokorozawa 359 8513, Japan
Lung Cancer 35:249-55. 2002..However, an association was not demonstrated in the multivariate analysis. The detection of MT1-MMP and MMP2 is likely to be of limited value in informing the prognosis in NSCLC...
- Atypical localization of membrane type 1-matrix metalloproteinase in the nucleus is associated with aggressive features of hepatocellular carcinomaYing Chi Ip
Department of Surgery, Centre for the Study of Liver Disease, The University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam, Hong Kong, China
Mol Carcinog 46:225-30. 2007..In summary, the association of nuclear MT1-MMP with aggressive tumor features including poor prognosis and large tumor expands its functional repertoire and further indicates a new functional role of MMPs within nuclei of tumor cells...
- Membrane-type-1 matrix metalloproteinase, matrix metalloproteinase 2, and tissue inhibitor of matrix proteinase 2 in prostate cancer: identification of patients with poor prognosis by immunohistochemistryDominique Trudel
Department of Pathology, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Québec CHUQ and Université Laval, Quebec, Canada G1K 7P4
Hum Pathol 39:731-9. 2008..0001). This study suggests that MMP14 is involved mostly in Pca implantation and that MMP2 and TIMP2 expression by reactive stromal cells might be used as predictors of DFS in T3N0-2M0 Pca...
- Pervanadate-induced shedding of the intercellular adhesion molecule (ICAM)-1 ectodomain is mediated by membrane type-1 matrix metalloproteinase (MT1-MMP)E Essick
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Louisville, School of Medicine, Louisville, KY, USA
Mol Cell Biochem 314:151-9. 2008....
- Gene polymorphisms and antigen levels of matrix metalloproteinase-1 in type 2 diabetes mellitus coexisting with coronary heart diseaseJozef Drzewoski
Medical University, Łódź, Poland
Kardiol Pol 66:1042-8; discussion 1049. 2008....
- Membrane-type I matrix metalloproteinase-dependent regulation of rheumatoid arthritis synoviocyte functionFarideh Sabeh
Division of Molecular Medicine and Genetics, Life Sciences Institute, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
J Immunol 184:6396-406. 2010....
- LIM kinase1 modulates function of membrane type matrix metalloproteinase 1: implication in invasion of prostate cancer cellsTenekua Tapia
Department of Molecular Biology and Microbiology, Burnett School of Biomolecular Sciences, University of Central Florida, Orlando, FL, USA
Mol Cancer 10:6. 2011..The purpose of this study is to determine any functional relation between LIMK1 and MT1-MMP and its implication in cell invasion...
- Pancreatic cancer cells respond to type I collagen by inducing snail expression to promote membrane type 1 matrix metalloproteinase-dependent collagen invasionMario A Shields
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
J Biol Chem 286:10495-504. 2011..Overall, our data demonstrate that pancreatic cancer cells increase Snail on encountering collagen-rich milieu and suggest that the desmoplastic reaction actively contributes to PDAC progression...
- Dimerization of MT1-MMP during cellular invasion detected by fluorescence resonance energy transferYoshifumi Itoh
The Kennedy Institute of Rheumatology, Imperial College London, London W6 8LH, UK
Biochem J 440:319-26. 2011..Our data indicate that cell-surface collagenolytic activity is regulated co-ordinately with cell migration events to enable penetration of the matrix physical barrier...
- Conversion of stationary to invasive tumor initiating cells (TICs): role of hypoxia in membrane type 1-matrix metalloproteinase (MT1-MMP) traffickingJian Li
Department of Medicine Cancer Prevention, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, New York, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e38403. 2012..These observations suggest that MT1-MMP is a key molecule capable of executing conversion of stationary TICs to invasive TICs under hypoxic conditions and thereby controlling metastasis...
- Fetal insulin and IGF-II contribute to gestational diabetes mellitus (GDM)-associated up-regulation of membrane-type matrix metalloproteinase 1 (MT1-MMP) in the human feto-placental endotheliumU Hiden
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Medical University of Graz, Auenbruggerplatz 14, 8036 Graz, Austria
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 97:3613-21. 2012..Indeed, in GDM, placentas are characterized by hypervascularization and vascular dysfunction. The membrane-type matrix metalloproteinase 1 (MT1-MMP) is a key player in angiogenesis and vascular expansion...
- Enhanced membrane-type 1 matrix metalloproteinase expression by hyaluronan oligosaccharides in breast cancer cells facilitates CD44 cleavage and tumor cell migrationChang I Kung
Institute of Anatomy and Cell Biology, School of Medicine, National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
Oncol Rep 28:1808-14. 2012..The HA oligosaccharide-induced MT1-MMP expression in breast cancer cells may be a critical step in the formation of metastatic colonies...
- Neurokinin-1 receptor directly mediates glioma cell migration by up-regulation of matrix metalloproteinase-2 (MMP-2) and membrane type 1-matrix metalloproteinase (MT1-MMP)Lingyun Mou
Laboratory of Preclinical Study for New Drugs of Gansu Province, School of Basic Medical Sciences, Institute of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, School of Life Sciences, Lanzhou University, 222 Tian Shui South Road, Lanzhou 730000, China
J Biol Chem 288:306-18. 2013..Taken together, our data suggested NK1R was a potential regulator of human glioma cell migration by the up-regulation of MMP-2 and MT1-MMP...
- Hypoxia-inducible factor 1 regulation through cross talk between mTOR and MT1-MMPTakeharu Sakamoto
Division of Cancer Cell Research, Institute of Medical Science, The University of Tokyo, Shirokanedai, Minato ku, Tokyo, Japan
Mol Cell Biol 34:30-42. 2014..These data suggest a novel molecular link between the important hub proteins MT1-MMP and mTOR that contributes to tumor malignancy. ..
- Noncanonical activation of Notch1 protein by membrane type 1 matrix metalloproteinase (MT1-MMP) controls melanoma cell proliferationJun Ma
From the Department of Biochemistry, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio 44106 and
J Biol Chem 289:8442-9. 2014..Together, the data highlight a novel mechanism of activation of Notch1 in melanoma cells and identify Notch1 as a new MT1-MMP substrate that plays important biological roles in melanoma...
- Matrix metalloproteinase-2, membranous type 1 matrix metalloproteinase, and tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-2 expression in ectopic and eutopic endometriumHye Won Chung
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Ewha Womans University School of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Fertil Steril 78:787-95. 2002....
- Fibroblast growth factor-1 transcriptionally induces membrane type-1 matrix metalloproteinase expression in prostate carcinoma cell lineT S Udayakumar
Department of Cell Biology and Anatomy, University of Arizona Health Sciences Center, Tucson, Arizona 85724, USA
Prostate 58:66-75. 2004..In addition, human prostate fibroblasts are known to express certain FGFs, including FGF-1. The purpose of the work in this paper was to determine the mechanism involved in FGF-1 induced MT1-MMP expression in prostate carcinoma cells...
- CD44 binding through the hemopexin-like domain is critical for its shedding by membrane-type 1 matrix metalloproteinaseNaoko Suenaga
Division of Cancer Cell Research, Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, 4 6 1 Shirokane dai, Minato ku, Tokyo 108 8639, Japan
Oncogene 24:859-68. 2005..However, the shedding activity was different depending on the catalytic domains. The conserved binding ability of the HPX domains suggests that CD44H may act as a core molecule assembling multiple MT-MMPs on the cell surface...
- Membrane type 1 matrix metalloprotease cleaves laminin-10 and promotes prostate cancer cell migrationElisabeth L Bair
Cancer Biology Graduate Interdisciplinary Program, Arizona Cancer Center, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85724, USA
Neoplasia 7:380-9. 2005..These findings suggest that prostate cancer cells expressing high levels of MT1-MMP have increased invasive potential through their ability to degrade and invade Ln-10 barriers...
- Membrane-type 1-matrix metalloproteinase regulates intracellular adhesion molecule-1 (ICAM-1)-mediated monocyte transmigrationSrinivas D Sithu
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Louisville, Louisville, Kentucky 40202, USA
J Biol Chem 282:25010-9. 2007..MT1-MMP localization with cells expressing ICAM-1 mutations was reduced and diffused. These results indicate that the cytoplasmic tail of ICAM-1 regulates leukocyte transmigration through MT1-MMP interaction...
- The inactive 44-kDa processed form of membrane type 1 matrix metalloproteinase (MT1-MMP) enhances proteolytic activity via regulation of endocytosis of active MT1-MMPJin Ah Cho
Department of Pathology and Proteases and Cancer Program, Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Institute, Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan 48201, USA
J Biol Chem 283:17391-405. 2008..Together, these results suggest a novel role for the 44-kDa form of MT1-MMP generated during autocatalytic processing in maintaining the pool of active enzyme at the cell surface...
- Urinary matrix metalloproteinase -8, -9, -14 and their regulators (TRY-1, TRY-2, TATI) in patients with diabetic nephropathyAnneli Lauhio
Helsinki University Central Hospital, Department of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, Helsinki, Finland
Ann Med 40:312-20. 2008..Our findings suggest that a trypsin-MMP cascade is involved in the pathogenesis of DNP, which may offer new possibilities for diagnosis and treatment of DNP with MMP inhibitors...
- Membrane type-1 matrix metalloprotease-independent activation of pro-matrix metalloprotease-2 by proprotein convertasesBon Hun Koo
Department of Biochemistry, College of Life Science and Biotechnology, Yonsei University, 134 Sinchon Dong Seodaemun Gu, Seoul 120 749, South Korea
FEBS J 276:6271-84. 2009..Thus, our experimental data, taken together with the broad expression of proprotein convertases, suggest that the proprotein convertase-mediated processing may be a general activation mechanism for pro-matrix metalloprotease-2 in vivo...
- A novel and selective membrane type-1 matrix metalloproteinase (MT1-MMP) inhibitor reduces cancer cell motility and tumor growthJuho Suojanen
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Diseases, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Institute of Dentistry, University of Helsinki, Finland
Cancer Biol Ther 8:2362-70. 2009..Furthermore, in vivo the peptide reduced the growth of tongue carcinoma xenografts and prolonged the survival of mice. Overall these results suggest that selective MT1-MMP inhibitors may have utility as anticancer agents...
- Prognostic value of membrane type 1 and 2 matrix metalloproteinase expression and gelatinase A activity in bladder cancerMohammad A Mohammad
Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Unit, Cancer Biology Department, National Cancer Institute, Cairo University, Cairo, Egypt
Int J Biol Markers 25:69-74. 2010..To analyze the behavior of matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs) in their active state in patients with bladder cancer...
- YB-1 alters MT1-MMP trafficking and stimulates MCF-7 breast tumor invasion and metastasisDavid H Lovett
The Department of Medicine, San Francisco Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, University of California, the Northern California Institute for Research and Education, San Francisco, CA 94121, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 398:482-8. 2010..We conclude that YB-1 contributes to the development of an invasive, metastatic breast carcinoma phenotype by enhanced presentation of MT1-MMP at the sites of cellular invasion...
- GI24 enhances tumor invasiveness by regulating cell surface membrane-type 1 matrix metalloproteinaseMoustafa A Sakr
Department of Molecular Virology and Oncology, Cancer Research Institute, Kanazawa University, Kanazawa, Japan
Cancer Sci 101:2368-74. 2010..These results suggest that GI24 contributes to tumor-invasive growth in the collagen matrix by augmenting cell surface MT1-MMP...
- Extracellular matrix metalloproteinase inducer (CD147) and membrane type 1-matrix metalloproteinase are expressed on tissue macrophages in calcific aortic stenosis and induce transmigration in an artificial valve modelNader Joghetaei
Deutsches Herzzentrum und I Medizinische Klinik, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technische Universitat Munchen, Munchen, Germany
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 142:191-8. 2011..We investigated whether extracellular matrix metalloproteinase inducer and membrane-type 1 matrix metalloproteinase are abundant in calcific aortic valve and their role in the pathogenesis of this condition...
- Targeting the Warburg effect that arises in tumor cells expressing membrane type-1 matrix metalloproteinaseTakeharu Sakamoto
Division of Cancer Cell Research, Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, Shirokanedai, Minato ku, Tokyo, Japan
J Biol Chem 286:14691-704. 2011..Systemic administration of a membrane-penetrating form of the cytoplasmic tail peptide in mice to inhibit HIF-1 activation competitively also exhibited a therapeutic effect on tumors...
- Intradomain cleavage of inhibitory prodomain is essential to protumorigenic function of membrane type-1 matrix metalloproteinase (MT1-MMP) in vivoVladislav S Golubkov
Cancer Research Center, Sanford Burnham Medical Research Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
J Biol Chem 286:34215-23. 2011..Our results emphasize the importance of the intradomain cleavages resulting in the inactivation of the respective inhibitory prodomains not only for MT1-MMP but also for other MMP family members...
- Low tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases 3 and high matrix metalloproteinase 14 levels defines a subpopulation of highly invasive foam-cell macrophagesJason L Johnson
Bristol Heart Institute, University of Bristol, England
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 28:1647-53. 2008..An excess of metalloproteinases (MMPs) over tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinases (TIMPs) may favor atherosclerotic plaque rupture. We compared TIMP levels in nonfoamy and foam-cell macrophages (FCM) generated in vivo...
- Inflammation dampened by gelatinase A cleavage of monocyte chemoattractant protein-3G A McQuibban
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Biomedical Research Centre, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC V6T 1Z3, Canada
Science 289:1202-6. 2000..This suggests that matrix metalloproteinases are both effectors and regulators of the inflammatory response...
- 3-phosphoinositide-dependent protein kinase-1 (PDK1) promotes invasion and activation of matrix metalloproteinasesZhihui Xie
Department of Oncology, Georgetown University School of Medicine, and Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center, Washington, DC, USA
BMC Cancer 6:77. 2006..These properties correlate with induction of MMP-2 activity, increased MT1-MMP expression and a unique gene expression profile...
- The hemopexin-like C-terminal domain of membrane type 1 matrix metalloproteinase regulates proteolysis of a multifunctional protein, gC1qRDmitry V Rozanov
Burnham Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
J Biol Chem 277:9318-25. 2002..It is tempting to hypothesize that these novel mechanisms may play important roles in vivo and have to be taken into account in designing hydroxamate-based cancer therapy...
- Plasmin activates pro-matrix metalloproteinase-2 with a membrane-type 1 matrix metalloproteinase-dependent mechanismSara Monea
Department of Surgery, S A Localio Laboratory for General Surgery Research, New York, New York, USA
J Cell Physiol 192:160-70. 2002..Thus, plasmin can activate proMMP-2 only in the presence of MT1-MMP; however, this process does not require the catalytic activity of MT1-MMP...
- Membrane-type 1 matrix metalloproteinase cytoplasmic tail-binding protein-1 is a new member of the Cupin superfamily. A possible multifunctional protein acting as an invasion suppressor down-regulated in tumorsTakamasa Uekita
Division of Cancer Cell Research, Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, 4 6 1 Shirokane dai, Minato ku, Tokyo 108 8639, Japan
J Biol Chem 279:12734-43. 2004..Thus, MTCBP-1 may have multiple functions other than the regulation of MT1-MMP, which presumably depends on the subcellular compartment...
- Membrane type 1-matrix metalloproteinase is activated during migration of human endothelial cells and modulates endothelial motility and matrix remodelingB G Galvez
Departamento de Inmunologia, Hospital de la Princesa, 28006 Madrid, Spain
J Biol Chem 276:37491-500. 2001..Altogether, these data demonstrate that MT1-MMP plays an important role during endothelial cell migration, and its activity can modulate endothelial migration, invasion, and formation of capillary tubes during the angiogenic response...
- The low density lipoprotein receptor-related protein LRP is regulated by membrane type-1 matrix metalloproteinase (MT1-MMP) proteolysis in malignant cellsDmitri V Rozanov
Cancer Research Center, The Burnham Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
J Biol Chem 279:4260-8. 2004..These events implicate MT1-MMP, not only in the activation of MMP-2, but also in the mechanisms that control the subsequent fate of MMP-2 in cells and tissues...
- Membrane-type 1 matrix metalloproteinase modulates focal adhesion stability and cell migrationTakahisa Takino
Department of Molecular Virology and Oncology, Cancer Research Institute, Kanazawa University, 13 1 Takara machi, Kanazawa 920 0934, Japan
Exp Cell Res 312:1381-9. 2006..These results suggest that lysis of the extracellular matrix by MT1-MMP promotes focal adhesion turnover and subsequent ERK activation, which in turn stimulates cell migration...
- Visualization of polarized membrane type 1 matrix metalloproteinase activity in live cells by fluorescence resonance energy transfer imagingMingxing Ouyang
Department of Bioengineering and the Beckman Institute for Advanced Science and Technology, University of Illinois, Urbana Champaign, Illinois 61801, USA
J Biol Chem 283:17740-8. 2008b>Membrane type 1 matrix metalloproteinase (MT1-MMP) plays a critical role in cancer cell biology by proteolytically remodeling the extracellular matrix...
- Proteolytic activation of heparin-binding EGF-like growth factor by membrane-type matrix metalloproteinase-1 in ovarian carcinoma cellsNaohiko Koshikawa
Division of Cancer Cell Research, Institute of Medical Science, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Cancer Sci 102:111-6. 2011..These results indicate that MT1-MMP co-expressed with HB-EGF in ovarian carcinoma cells potentiates the activity of HB-EGF to promote invasive tumor growth and spreading in vivo...
- Effect on the expression of MMP-2, MT-MMP in laryngeal carcinoma Hep-2 cell line by antisense glucose transporter-1Ying Ying Xu
Department of Otolaryngology, The First Affiliated Hospital, College of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China
Arch Med Res 43:395-401. 2012..We hypothesized that Glut-1 regulates the expression of membrane type 1-MMP (MT1-MMP) and matrix metalloproteinase-2 (MMP-2)...
- The soluble catalytic domain of membrane type 1 matrix metalloproteinase cleaves the propeptide of progelatinase A and initiates autoproteolytic activation. Regulation by TIMP-2 and TIMP-3H Will
In Vitek GmbH, Robert Roessle Strasse 10, D 13125 Berlin Buch, Federal Republic of Germany
J Biol Chem 271:17119-23. 1996..These data demonstrate the basic mechanism of MT1-MMP action on progelatinase A and the reason for the lack of inhibition by TIMP-1 previously demonstrated in cell-based activation studies...
- Characterization of stromelysin 1 (MMP-3), matrilysin (MMP-7), and membrane type 1 matrix metalloproteinase (MT1-MMP) derived fibrin(ogen) fragments D-dimer and D-like monomer: NH2-terminal sequences of late-stage digest fragmentsA Bini
Laboratory of Blood Coagulation Biochemistry, Lindsley F Kimball Research Institute, New York Blood Center, New York 10021, USA
Biochemistry 38:13928-36. 1999..Similarly, MMP-7 (matrilysin) and MT1-MMP (membrane type 1 matrix metalloproteinase) solubilized XL-Fb clots...
- Suppression of membrane-type 1 matrix metalloproteinase (MMP)-mediated MMP-2 activation and tumor invasion by testican 3 and its splicing variant gene product, N-TesM Nakada
Department of Molecular Virology and Oncology, Graduate School of Medical Science, Kanazawa University, Ishikawa 920 0934, Japan
Cancer Res 61:8896-902. 2001..These results suggest that both N-Tes and testican 3 would interfere with tumor invasion by inhibiting MT-MMPs...
- Characterization of the transcriptional regulation of the human MT1-MMP gene and association of risk reduction for focal-segmental glomerulosclerosis with two functional promoter SNPsAstrid Munkert
III Medizinische Klinik, Universitatsklinikum Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
Nephrol Dial Transplant 24:735-42. 2009..The role of MT1-MMP was investigated for distinction between minimal-change glomerulonephritis (MCGN) and focal-segmental glomerulosclerosis (FSGS) that can sometimes be difficult due to sampling error in renal biopsy...
- A matrix metalloproteinase expressed on the surface of invasive tumour cellsH Sato
Department of Molecular Virology and Oncology, School of Medicine, Kanazawa University, Ishikawa, Japan
Nature 370:61-5. 1994..The new metalloproteinase may thus trigger invasion by tumour cells by activating pro-gelatinase A on the tumour cell surface...
- The integrin alpha(v)beta8 mediates epithelial homeostasis through MT1-MMP-dependent activation of TGF-beta1Dezhi Mu
Department of Pathology, University of California at San Francisco Mt Zion Cancer Center, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
J Cell Biol 157:493-507. 2002..These data elucidate a novel mechanism of cellular homeostasis achieved through the coordination of the activities of members of three major gene families involved in cell-matrix interactions...
- Restricted expression of membrane type 1-matrix metalloproteinase by myofibroblasts adjacent to human breast cancer cellsChristèle Bisson
Laboratory of Tumor and Development Biology, University of Liege, Liege, Belgium
Int J Cancer 105:7-13. 2003..Collectively, these results implicate myofibroblasts as major producer of MT1-MMP in breast cancer and emphasize the importance of stromal-epithelial cell interactions in their progression...
- Differential regulation of membrane type 1-matrix metalloproteinase activity by ERK 1/2- and p38 MAPK-modulated tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases 2 expression controls transforming growth factor-beta1-induced pericellular collagenolysisHidayatullah G Munshi
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
J Biol Chem 279:39042-50. 2004....
- The hemopexin domain of membrane-type matrix metalloproteinase-1 (MT1-MMP) Is not required for its activation of proMMP2 on cell surface but is essential for MT1-MMP-mediated invasion in three-dimensional type I collagenPing Wang
Department of Pharmacology, University of Minnesota School of Medicine, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455, USA
J Biol Chem 279:51148-55. 2004....
- Membrane-type matrix metalloproteinase-1 (MT1-MMP) is a processing enzyme for human laminin gamma 2 chainNaohiko Koshikawa
Division of Cancer Cell Research, Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, Minato ku, Tokyo 108 8639, Japan
J Biol Chem 280:88-93. 2005..These results suggest that MT1-MMP processing of Ln-5 in human tumors may stimulate the EGF-R, resulting in increased tumor cell scattering and migration that could possibly increase their metastatic potential...
- PGE2 induces angiogenesis via MT1-MMP-mediated activation of the TGFbeta/Alk5 signaling pathwayArántzazu Alfranca
Department of Vascular Biology and Inflammation, Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Cardiovasculares, Madrid, Spain
Blood 112:1120-8. 2008..These findings identify a novel signaling pathway linking PGE(2) and TGFbeta, 2 effectors involved in tumor growth and angiogenesis, and reveal potential targets for the treatment of angiogenesis-related disorders...
- Secretion of active membrane type 1 matrix metalloproteinase (MMP-14) into extracellular space in microvesicular exosomesJuha Hakulinen
Department of Pathology, Haartman Institute, University of Helsinki, and Helsinki University Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
J Cell Biochem 105:1211-8. 2008b>Membrane type 1 matrix metalloproteinase (MT1-MMP, MMP14) is an efficient extracellular matrix (ECM) degrading enzyme that plays important roles in tissue homeostasis and cell invasion...
- Selective inhibition of matrix metalloproteinase-14 blocks tumor growth, invasion, and angiogenesisLaetitia Devy
Dyax Corp, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
Cancer Res 69:1517-26. 2009..The combination of potency, selectivity, and robust in vivo activity shows the potential of a selective MMP-14 inhibitor for the treatment of solid tumors...
- Membrane type 1 matrix metalloproteinase is a crucial promoter of synovial invasion in human rheumatoid arthritisMary Clare Miller
Imperial College London, London, UK
Arthritis Rheum 60:686-97. 2009..The aim of this study was to explore the role of one of the collagen-degrading matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs), membrane type 1 MMP (MT1-MMP), in synovial pannus invasiveness...
- Modulation of the membrane type 1 matrix metalloproteinase cytoplasmic tail enhances tumor cell invasion and proliferation in three-dimensional collagen matricesNatalie M Moss
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Northwestern University Feinberg Medical School, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
J Biol Chem 284:19791-9. 2009Increasing evidence suggests that the cytoplasmic tail of membrane type 1 matrix metalloproteinase (MT1-MMP) is subject to phosphorylation and that this modification may influence its enzymatic activity at the cell surface...
- LOX-1-MT1-MMP axis is crucial for RhoA and Rac1 activation induced by oxidized low-density lipoprotein in endothelial cellsKoichi Sugimoto
First Department of Internal Medicine, Fukushima Medical University, 1 Hikarigaoka, Fukushima 960 1295, Japan
Cardiovasc Res 84:127-36. 2009..b>Membrane type 1 matrix metalloproteinase (MT1-MMP) has been shown to be involved in atherogenesis...
- Relation of MT1-MMP gene expression to outcomes in colorectal cancerAmane Kanazawa
Department of Gastrointestinal Surgery, Kanagawa Cancer Center, Kanagawa Ken, Japan
J Surg Oncol 102:571-5. 2010..This study examined the relation of the relative expression of MT1-MMP gene to clinicopathological factors and outcomes in patients with colorectal cancer (CRC)...
- MicroRNA-10b induces glioma cell invasion by modulating MMP-14 and uPAR expression via HOXD10Lihua Sun
Department of Neurosurgery, The First Affiliated Hospital of Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing 210029, PR China
Brain Res 1389:9-18. 2011..Accordingly, glioma cells lost their invasive ability when treated with specific antisense oligonucleotides (miR-10b inhibitors), suggesting that miR-10b could be used as a new bio-target to cure glioma...
- Membrane-type matrix metalloproteinase (MT-MMP) gene is expressed in stromal cells of human colon, breast, and head and neck carcinomasA Okada
Institut de Génétique et de Biologie Moléculaire, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale Université Louis Pasteur Collège de France, Illkirch
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 92:2730-4. 1995....
- Transmembrane-deletion mutants of the membrane-type matrix metalloproteinase-1 process progelatinase A and express intrinsic matrix-degrading activityD Pei
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center, Ann Arbor, 48109, USA
J Biol Chem 271:9135-40. 1996..Natl. Acad. Sci. U. S. A. 92, 2730-2734), our data suggest that soluble forms of the proteinase confer recipient cells with the ability to not only process progelatinase A, but also directly degrade extracellular matrix components...
- Cellular mechanisms for human procollagenase-3 (MMP-13) activation. Evidence that MT1-MMP (MMP-14) and gelatinase a (MMP-2) are able to generate active enzymeV Knauper
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Strangeways Research Laboratory, Worts Causeway, Cambridge, CB1 4RN, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 271:17124-31. 1996..This new activation cascade may be significant in human breast cancer pathology, where all three enzymes have been implicated as playing important roles...
- Activation of a recombinant membrane type 1-matrix metalloproteinase (MT1-MMP) by furin and its interaction with tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases (TIMP)-2H Sato
Department of Molecular Virology and Oncology, Kanazawa University, Japan
FEBS Lett 393:101-4. 1996..Tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases (TIMP)-2 inhibited activation of progelatinase A by forming a stable complex with activated MT1-MMP...
- Membrane-type matrix metalloproteinases 1 and 2 exhibit broad-spectrum proteolytic capacities comparable to many matrix metalloproteinasesM P d'Ortho
INSERM U296, Faculte de Medecine, Creteil, France
Eur J Biochem 250:751-7. 1997..Their location at the surface of cells implies that they could play a significant role in the modulation of cell-matrix interactions...
- Crystal structure of the complex formed by the membrane type 1-matrix metalloproteinase with the tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases-2, the soluble progelatinase A receptorC Fernandez-Catalan
Max Planck Institut fur Biochemie, Am Klopferspitz 18a, D 82152 Martinsried Planegg, Germany
EMBO J 17:5238-48. 1998..The lower affinity of TIMP-1 for MT1-MMP compared with TIMP-2 might be explained by a reduced number of favourable interactions...
- Structural analysis and promoter characterization of the human membrane-type matrix metalloproteinase-1 (MT1-MMP) geneJ Lohi
Department of Virology, Haartman Institute, University of Helsinki, Finland
Gene 242:75-86. 2000....
- Claudin promotes activation of pro-matrix metalloproteinase-2 mediated by membrane-type matrix metalloproteinasesH Miyamori
Department of Molecular Virology and Oncology, Cancer Research Institute, Kanazawa University, 13 1 Takara machi, Kanazawa, Ishikawa 920 0934
J Biol Chem 276:28204-11. 2001..These results suggest that claudin recruits all MT-MMPs and pro-MMP-2 on the cell surface to achieve elevated focal concentrations and, consequently, enhances activation of pro-MMP-2...
- An alternative processing of integrin alpha(v) subunit in tumor cells by membrane type-1 matrix metalloproteinaseBoris I Ratnikov
Burnham Institute, 10901 N Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
J Biol Chem 277:7377-85. 2002....
- Oligomerization through hemopexin and cytoplasmic domains regulates the activity and turnover of membrane-type 1 matrix metalloproteinaseKaisa Lehti
Department of Virology, Haartman Institute, Biomedicum Helsinki, University of Helsinki and Helsinki University Hospital, FIN 00014 Helsinki, Finland
J Biol Chem 277:8440-8. 2002..Copurification of MT1-MMP with these fusion proteins correlated with their cell-surface co-localization. Thus, MT1-MMP oligomerization through the hemopexin, transmembrane, and cytoplasmic domains controls its catalytic activity...
- Shedding of the matrix metalloproteinases MMP-2, MMP-9, and MT1-MMP as membrane vesicle-associated components by endothelial cellsGiulia Taraboletti
Department of Oncology, Mario Negri Institute for Pharmacological Research, Bergamo, Italy
Am J Pathol 160:673-80. 2002..We conclude that endothelial cells shed MMP-containing vesicles and this may be a mechanism for regulating focalized proteolytic activity vital to invasive and morphogenic events during angiogenesis...
- Complex pattern of membrane type 1 matrix metalloproteinase shedding. Regulation by autocatalytic cells surface inactivation of active enzymeMarta Toth
Department of Pathology, Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan 48201, USA
J Biol Chem 277:26340-50. 2002b>Membrane type 1 matrix metalloproteinase (MT1-MMP) is a type I transmembrane MMP shown to play a critical role in normal development and in malignant processes...
- CD44 directs membrane-type 1 matrix metalloproteinase to lamellipodia by associating with its hemopexin-like domainHidetoshi Mori
Department of Cancer Cell Research, Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, Minato ku, Tokyo 108 8639, Japan
EMBO J 21:3949-59. 2002..The PEX domain of MT1-MMP was indispensable in promoting cell migration and CD44H shedding...
- Identification of membrane-type matrix metalloproteinase-1 as a target of the beta-catenin/Tcf4 complex in human colorectal cancersMeiko Takahashi
Laboratory of Molecular Medicine, Human Genome Center, Institute of Medical Science, The University of Tokyo, Minato ku, Japan
Oncogene 21:5861-7. 2002..Our results indicate that MT1-MMP is a direct down-stream target in the Wnt signaling pathway, and that one of the ways accumulated beta-catenin contributes to colorectal carcinogenesis is by transactivating this gene...
- REGULATION OF CELL MIGRATION IN VASCULAR REMODELINGEric Howard; Fiscal Year: 2002..Understanding this mechanism will be important in defining the biochemical events that occur during vascular remodeling in both normal and disease processes. ..
- Melanoma Proteoglycan and Matrix MetalloproteinasesJames McCarthy; Fiscal Year: 2006..Understanding chondroitin sulfate interactions with MMPs may lead to new therapies to inhibit melanoma invasion and metastasis. ..
- Endothelin Receptors and Progression to Heart FailureFrancis G Spinale; Fiscal Year: 2011..This study will identify how to control a critical enzyme which causes the heart to fail following a heart attack and thereby develop new tests and treatments for patients after a heart attack. ..
- John S Ikonomidis; Fiscal Year: 2016..abstract_text> ..
- MMP-dependent control of macrophage immune functionSTEPHEN JOSEPH WEISS; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- Steven R Van Doren; Fiscal Year: 2014..The binding modes will reveal unique functional epitopes and sites where future MMP-specific antibodies can be targeted to interfere in these associations in diagnostic, research, and therapeutic uses. ..
- Gregg B Fields; Fiscal Year: 2016....
- Jihe Zhao; Fiscal Year: 2014..Completion of this project will shed new lights on mechanisms responsible for breast cancer metastasis which may leads to new therapeutic intervention. ..
- STEPHEN JOSEPH WEISS; Fiscal Year: 2015....
- Myocardial Protection and Matrix ProteasesFrancis G Spinale; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- RAFAEL A FRIDMAN; Fiscal Year: 2015..We hope that this new knowledge will help to develop better therapeutic and diagnostic strategies to improve survival in breast cancer patients. ..
- Regulation of MT-MMPs by Trafficking in Cancer CellsDuanqing Pei; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Gordon Research Conference on Matrix MetalloproteinasesZena Werb; Fiscal Year: 2003..Therefore, we are requesting funds to partially support the 2003 GRC on MMPs to assure that the most relevant and up-to-date information is featured at this pivotal and highly influential meeting. ..
- Paolo Mignatti; Fiscal Year: 2014..The knowledge derived from our study will be of fundamental importance for designing novel pharmacological agents to block tumor progression. ..
- Pericyte Proteinase Inhibitors and EC Tube StabilizationGeorge E Davis; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Mechanisms of glomerular disesase progressionJeffrey R Schelling; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- Urokinase plasminogen activator receptor associated protein and acute lung injuryMichael Bundesmann; Fiscal Year: 2010..It will help us understand how the lung coordinates several components of the repair process. ..
- Fibrosis-Protease Cross-Talk Regulating Pancreatic Cancer InvasionHidayatullah G Munshi; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- A Multidisciplinary Analysis of Gelsolin Amyloid DiseaseJeffery W Kelly; Fiscal Year: 2010..The elucidation of the FAF pathogenic cascade together with the development of candidate pharmacologic agents will significantly advance our understanding of human amyloid diseases. ..
- JANE M SOTTILE; Fiscal Year: 2015..that removal of FN and collagen I from the ECM is a coordinated process that involves MT1-MMP (membrane type 1 matrix metalloproteinase) mediated extracellular degradation, followed by 1521 integrin-mediated endocytosis...
- Membrane-type 1 Matrix Metalloproteinase in COPDJeffrey J Atkinson; Fiscal Year: 2012..In addition to uncovering a novel target in the treatment of COPD, this proposal will provide career development, so that I will attain skills to do COPD research independently. ..
- MMP14-Dependent Regulation of Visceral Adiposity and InflammationTae Hwa Chun; Fiscal Year: 2012..Our preliminary data suggest that the matrix metalloproteinase 14 (MMP14)-dependent collagen degradation is one of the earliest biological processes underlying ..
- Alex Y Strongin; Fiscal Year: 2014..Precise analysis of the MT1-MMP functionality will pave the way for rational design of inhibitory molecules directed against its specific enzymatic and non-enzymatic functions. ..
- Aortic Aneurysm Formation: Mechanisms of Oxidative Stress-Induced MMP ExpressionMATTHEW JEREMIAH EAGLETON; Fiscal Year: 2012..A better understanding of the pathogenesis of AAA formation could lead to the development of pharmacotherapies used to prevent aneurysm expansion and rupture. ..
- Role of Adipose MMP14 in Balancing Adiposity and AtherosclerosisTae Hwa Chun; Fiscal Year: 2013..Expected outcomes will advance our understanding of the molecular mechanism underlying the disease link between obesity and CHD. ..
- Dimitri T Azar; Fiscal Year: 2014..Our research objective is to identify the role of membrane type 1 matrix metalloproteinase (MT1-MMP) activity and its proteolytic functions in corneal NV...
- Francis G Spinale; Fiscal Year: 2016..abstract_text> ..
- Molecular Mechanisms of Invadopodia Formation and FunctionVira Artym; Fiscal Year: 2009..Relevance to Public Health: understanding the mechanisms governing the formation and function of invadopodia should provide insights into tumor cell biology that could lead to potential therapeutic approaches to cancer metastasis. ..
- STEPHEN JOSEPH WEISS; Fiscal Year: 2016..PUBLIC HEALTH RELEVANCE: These studies should provide new insights into the role of the MT-MMPs in normal and neoplastic cell populations and define their potential importance as targets for novel therapeutic interventions. ..
- Targeting MT-MMPs in Cancer ProgressionRAFAEL A FRIDMAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..Therefore, understanding the biological factors promoting these processes and developing therapies aimed at reducing tumor spread is of great clinical significance. ..
- Tumor Invasion and Metastasis Mediated by Cell Surface ProteolysisMichael J Wilson; Fiscal Year: 2010..Accomplishment of these aims may empower the design of a new generation of MMP inhibitors targeting the tumor cell surface and provide model systems to test the efficacies of these potential therapeutics. ..
- Cadherin-mediated regulation of MMPs in Oral CancerHIDAYATULLAH MUNSHI; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- METALLOPROTEASES IN CONNECTIVE TISSUE MATRIX BREAKDOWNHideaki Nagase; Fiscal Year: 2002..The principal investigator also proposes to examine the role of cell surface TIMP-2 in this activation process. ..
- Signaling Through Membrane Type 1 Matrix MetalloproteinaseWilliam Scheerer; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Hidayatullah G Munshi; Fiscal Year: 2015..abstract_text> ..
- TAEHWA CHUN; Fiscal Year: 2016..The knowledge will help us understand the pathogenesis of insulin resistance and obesity-related metabolic diseases from the perspective of peri-adipocyte collagen turnover. ..
- MT1-MMP-based Animal Model of Age-related Macular Degeneration (AMD)George Inana; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- The Role of Semaphorin 4D and Plexin-B1 in Tumor-Induced Angiogenesis.John R Basile; Fiscal Year: 2013..I believe that these investigations into Sema4D/Plexin-B1-mediated angiogenesis will support a newly emerging model of tumor-induced angiogenesis and present possible new targets for cancer therapy. ..
- Jun Lin Guan; Fiscal Year: 2014..examine the role and mechanisms of elevated immune cell infiltration in the suppression of mammary tumor development upon FIP200 ablation, and 3). investigate the potential role of FIP200 in mammary tumor maintenance. ..
- Jun Lin Guan; Fiscal Year: 2016..Together, these studies will provide significant insights into the molecular and cellular mechanisms of breast cancer that may contribute to novel therapies for this devastating disease. ..
- Lewis H Romer; Fiscal Year: 2014..Taken together, these studies will allow us to better understand the role of Arg2 in the pathobiology of atherosclerosis, and determine whether Arg2 represents a novel target for the effective treatment of this disease process. ..
- MARY SHARON STACK; Fiscal Year: 2014..Understanding this transition will enable novel means of targeting intraperitoneal therapies to appropriate multicellular populations. ..
- JASON ROBERT JESSEN; Fiscal Year: 2016..Since PCP occurs in the context of an ECM microenvironment and cell-cell adhesion, our data should have broad implications for other developmental and disease processes. ..
- Shahin Rafii; Fiscal Year: 2016....
- Physiological role of MT1-MMP-mediated, proteolysis-independent signaling in vivoPaolo Mignatti; Fiscal Year: 2011..The knowledge derived from our study can provide important insight into skeletal and pulmonary alveolar development and in blood vessel formation (angiogenesis). ..
- Ann Marie Pendergast; Fiscal Year: 2015..Inhibition of the Abl kinases is expected to simultaneously block multiple signaling pathways required for tumor invasion that converge on the activation of these unique kinases. ..
- Reversibility of Epithelial-Mesenchymal Transition in Prostate CancerStanley Zucker; Fiscal Year: 2013..3) Employ immunohistochemial markers of EMT and hypoxia in human prostate cancer specimens and determine if these markers correlate with stage of disease and biochemical failure (rise in PSA). ..
- DANIELLE S BENOIT; Fiscal Year: 2016..An experienced multi-disciplinary team has been assembled to conduct these studies that will test an innovative mechanistically-driven paradigm in flexor tendon tissue engineering with significant clinical implications. ..
- Integrin Linked Kinase and Ovarian Cancer MetastasisLana Y Bruney; Fiscal Year: 2013..dissemination and regulates expression of several gene products involved in metastasis, including membrane type 1 matrix metalloproteinase (MT1- MMP)...
- Mervin C Yoder; Fiscal Year: 2014....
- The integration of FLIM with FRET biosensors for the sub-cellular visualization oYingxiao Wang; Fiscal Year: 2010..The results should shed new light and advance our systematic understanding of the molecular mechanism involved in cancer invasion, and provide a rational basis for the diagnostic analysis and therapeutic treatment for cancer diseases. ..
- Alex Y Strongin; Fiscal Year: 2015..This valuable information will lead directly to the development of novel and effective strategies for the detection, prognosis, and treatment of a broad range of malignancies. ..
- COLLAGENASE INHIBITION IN HEART FAILUREFrancis G Spinale; Fiscal Year: 2010..This study will develop methods to measure and block these enzymes following a heart attack. These results will help develop new tests and treatments for patients suffering from heart failure after a heart attack. ..
- Role of Fibroblast-Derived MT1-MMP in Oral CancerEben Rosenthal; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- The MT1-MMP/RANKL/RANK Axis in Prostate Cancer Bone MetastasisRAFAEL A FRIDMAN; Fiscal Year: 2010..This proposal will use a variety of biochemical and cellular approaches as well as animal models of bone metastasis. ..
- Nicole S Sampson; Fiscal Year: 2016..The developed bi-functional reagent will have a positive impact on future cancer prevention/treatment and could eventually improve the outcome of patients with cancer. ..
- METALLOPROTEINASES IN AGING AND OSTEOARTHRITISVirginia Kraus; Fiscal Year: 2002..They propose that successful completion of this work will serve as a basis for future studies of drug intervention for OA, and characterization and interaction of other pathogenic molecules in OA. ..
- A High Content Screen to Identify Inhibitors of MT1-MMP ActivationVladislav Golubkov; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- IL-6 regulation of matrix degradation in liver fibrosisMeena Bansal; Fiscal Year: 2006..Understanding these mechanisms will provide the basis for the development of novel anti-fibrotic therapies to treat a widely prevalent disease for which there is no effective treatment to date. ..
- AGING AND ENDOTHELIAL CELL FUNCTIONMay Reed; Fiscal Year: 2009..The elucidation of mechanisms that regulate MMP activity in aged cells and tissues will assist the development of therapies to improve wound repair and revascularization of ischemic organs. ..
- PROSTATE CANCER, BONE METASTASIS, AND METALLOPROTEINASESMichael Cher; Fiscal Year: 2004..The results of these studies may lead to new therapeutic strategies aimed at interrupting the interactions between prostate cancer cells and bone. ..
- METALLOPROTEASES IN SKELETAL DEVELOPMENT AND GROWTHSUNEEL APTE; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- MMP EXPRESSION IN A NOVEL IN VITRO WOUND HEALING MODELNadeem Karimbux; Fiscal Year: 2001..In Aim 3 expression of MT-MMP-1 and gelatinase A will be examined by immunofluorescence with anti-MT-MMP-1 and MMP-2 antibodies, Western analysis of wound extracts, and gelatin zymography of culture medium. ..