Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MRP4
Description: ATP binding cassette subfamily C member 4
Alias: MOAT-B, MOATB, MRP4, multidrug resistance-associated protein 4, MRP/cMOAT-related ABC transporter, bA464I2.1 (ATP-binding cassette, sub-family C (CFTR/MRP), member 4), canalicular multispecific organic anion transporter (ABC superfamily), multi-specific organic anion transporter B
Publications215 found, 100 shown here
- Stimulation of cyclic GMP efflux in human melanocytes by hypergravity generated by centrifugal accelerationKrassimira Ivanova
Institute of Aerospace Medicine, German Aerospace Center, Linder Hohe, 51170, Cologne, Germany
Pigment Cell Res 17:471-9. 2004..of 1 microM trequinsin, an inhibitor of cGMP-binding PDE (PDE5) and of transport by multidrug resistance proteins MRP4/5, whereas 50 microM trequinsin partially inhibited cGMP transport...
- Multidrug resistance-associated proteins 3, 4, and 5Piet Borst
Division of Molecular Biology and Center of Molecular Genetics, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Pflugers Arch 453:661-73. 2007..The function of MRP3 in other tissues, notably the gut and the adrenal cortex, remains to be defined. MRP4 and MRP5 have attracted attention by their ability to transport cyclic nucleotides and many nucleotide analogs...
- Multidrug resistance-associated proteins and implications in drug developmentYa He Liu
Discipline of Chinese Medicine, School of Health Sciences, RMIT University, Melbourne, Victoria 3083, Australia
Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol 37:115-20. 2010..3. Both MRP4 and MRP5 are able to mediate the transport of cyclic nucleotides and confer resistance to certain antiviral and ..
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs increase the antiretroviral activity of nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors in HIV type-1-infected T-lymphocytes: role of multidrug resistance protein 4Ma Isabel Clemente
Laboratory Inmuno Biologia Molecular, Hospital General Universitario Gregorio Maranon, Madrid, Spain
Antivir Ther 14:1101-11. 2009..b>MRP4 has been reported to transport antiretroviral drugs out of cells in an active process...
- Molecular interaction between HAX-1 and XIAP inhibits apoptosisYoung Ji Kang
Medical Proteomics Research Center, KRIBB, Daejeon 305 806, Republic of Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 393:794-9. 2010....
- MRP4: A previously unidentified factor in resistance to nucleoside-based antiviral drugsJ D Schuetz
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38105, USA
Nat Med 5:1048-51. 1999..or additional mechanisms of resistance operating during antiviral therapy, overexpression and amplification of the MRP4 gene correlated with ATP-dependent efflux of PMEA (9-(2-phosphonylmethoxyethyl)adenine) and azidothymidine ..
- The MRP4/ABCC4 gene encodes a novel apical organic anion transporter in human kidney proximal tubules: putative efflux pump for urinary cAMP and cGMPRemon A M H van Aubel
Department of Pharmacology, Nijmegen Center for Molecular Life Sciences, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
J Am Soc Nephrol 13:595-603. 2002..Here the expression, localization, and functional properties of human multidrug resistance protein 4 (MRP4) are reported...
- Steroid and bile acid conjugates are substrates of human multidrug-resistance protein (MRP) 4 (ATP-binding cassette C4)Noam Zelcer
Division of Molecular Biology and Center for Biomedical Genetics, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Plesmanlaan 121, 1066 CX Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Biochem J 371:361-7. 2003..Recently, it has been shown that Mrp4 is induced in the livers of Fxr ((-/-)) mice, which have increased levels of serum bile acids...
- Characterization of the transport of nucleoside analog drugs by the human multidrug resistance proteins MRP4 and MRP5Glen Reid
Division of Molecular Biology and Center of Biomedical Genetics, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Mol Pharmacol 63:1094-103. 2003The human multidrug resistance proteins MRP4 and MRP5 are organic anion transporters that have the unusual ability to transport cyclic nucleotides and some nucleoside monophosphate analogs...
- Expression of multidrug transporter MRP4/ABCC4 is a marker of poor prognosis in neuroblastoma and confers resistance to irinotecan in vitroMurray D Norris
Children s Cancer Institute Australia for Medical Research, University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
Mol Cancer Ther 4:547-53. 2005..We observed frequent MRP4 overexpression in aggressive primary neuroblastoma, a disease for which we have previously shown MRP1 to be a ..
- Androgen induces expression of the multidrug resistance protein gene MRP4 in prostate cancer cellsC Cai
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Toledo, Toledo, OH 43606, USA
Prostate Cancer Prostatic Dis 10:39-45. 2007..Using a gene array analysis, we have identified MRP4 as an androgen receptor (AR)-regulated gene...
- Down-regulation of Na+/H+ exchanger regulatory factor 1 increases expression and function of multidrug resistance protein 4Md Tozammel Hoque
Division of Cancer Biology and Genetics, Cancer Research Institute, Queen s University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Cancer Res 68:4802-9. 2008Multidrug resistance protein 4 (MRP4; ABCC4) is a member of the ATP-binding cassette superfamily of membrane transport proteins and confers resistance to nucleoside and nucleotide analogues as well as camptothecin derivatives...
- Functional role of arginine 375 in transmembrane helix 6 of multidrug resistance protein 4 (MRP4/ABCC4)Azza A K El-Sheikh
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Nijmegen Centre for Molecular Life Sciences, P O Box 9101, 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Mol Pharmacol 74:964-71. 2008Multidrug resistance protein (MRP) 4 transports a variety of endogenous and xenobiotic organic anions. MRP4 is widely expressed in the body and specifically localized to the renal apical proximal tubule cell membrane, where it mediates ..
- Androgen regulation of multidrug resistance-associated protein 4 (MRP4/ABCC4) in prostate cancerLye Lin Ho
Centenary Institute of Cancer Medicine and Cell Biology, Newtown, NSW 2042, Australia
Prostate 68:1421-9. 2008b>MRP4/ABCC4 is an ATP-binding cassette transporter expressed in normal prostate...
- Celecoxib upregulates multidrug resistance proteins in colon cancer: lack of synergy with standard chemotherapyA Gradilone
Department of Experimental Medicine, Sapienza, University of Rome, Viale Regina Elena 324, 00161 Rome, Italy
Curr Cancer Drug Targets 8:414-20. 2008..aim of the study was to investigate the induction by celecoxib of some multidrug resistance proteins, MRP1, MRP2, MRP4 and MRP5, involved in the transport of irinotecan and 5-FU...
- Application of multivariate statistical procedures to identify transcription factors that correlate with MRP2, 3, and 4 mRNA in adult human liversL M Aleksunes
University of Kansas Medical Center, Pharmacology, Toxicology, and Therapeutics, Kansas City, KS 66160, USA
Xenobiotica 39:514-22. 2009..The multivariate approach presented in this study should aid in predicting signalling pathways that participate either directly or indirectly in regulating hepatic drug disposition...
- Multidrug resistance protein 4 (MRP4/ABCC4) regulates cAMP cellular levels and controls human leukemia cell proliferation and differentiationSabrina Copsel
Laboratorio de Farmacología de Receptores, Departamento de Farmacologia, Facultad de Farmacia y Bioquimica, Universidad de Buenos Aires, 1113 Buenos Aires, Argentina
J Biol Chem 286:6979-88. 2011..myeloid leukemia cell lines are also regulated by multidrug resistance-associated proteins (MRPs), particularly MRP4. U937, HL-60, and KG-1a cells, exposed to amthamine (H2-receptor agonist), augmented intracellular cAMP ..
- Phenylalanine 368 of multidrug resistance-associated protein 4 (MRP4/ABCC4) plays a crucial role in substrate-specific transport activityHanneke G M Wittgen
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Nijmegen Centre for Molecular Life Sciences, The Netherlands
Biochem Pharmacol 84:366-73. 2012Multidrug resistance-associated protein 4 (MRP4) is a membrane transporter that mediates the cellular efflux of a wide range of anionic drugs and endogenous molecules...
- Multidrug resistance protein 4 (MRP4) expression in prostate cancer is associated with androgen signaling and decreases with tumor progressionMatteo Montani
Division of Clinical Pathology, Institute of Pathology, University of Bern, Bern, Switzerland
Virchows Arch 462:437-43. 2013Multidrug resistance protein 4 (MRP4) is a transmembrane transport protein found in many cell types and is involved in substrate-specific transport of endogenous and exogenous substrates...
- Downregulation of ATP-binding cassette subfamily C member 4 increases sensitivity to neoadjuvant radiotherapy for locally advanced rectal carcinomaZhi Qi Yu
Department of Colorectal Surgery, Changhai Hospital, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai, China
Dis Colon Rectum 56:600-8. 2013..This study was designed to verify the effect of ATP-binding cassette subfamily C member 4 on radiosensitivity of locally advanced rectal carcinoma...
- Contribution of ABCC4-mediated gastric transport to the absorption and efficacy of dasatinibBrian D Furmanski
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Pathology, and Oncology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38105, USA
Clin Cancer Res 19:4359-70. 2013..oral multikinase inhibitors are known to interact in vitro with the human ATP-binding cassette transporter ABCC4 (MRP4), but the in vivo relevance of this interaction remains poorly understood...
- Clinicopathological impact of ABCC1/MRP1 and ABCC4/MRP4 in epithelial ovarian carcinomaMarina Bagnoli
Fondazione IRCSS Istituto Nazionale Tumori, Via Venezian 1, 20133 Milan, Italy
Biomed Res Int 2013:143202. 2013..Thus, we examined the prognostic role of transporters of the MRP family (i.e., ABCC1/MRP1, ABCC4/MRP4) to gain insights into their clinical impacts...
- Prognostic significance and molecular mechanism of ATP-binding cassette subfamily C member 4 in resistance to neoadjuvant radiotherapy of locally advanced rectal carcinomaZhiqi Yu
Department of Colorectal Surgery, Changhai Hospital, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai, China
PLoS ONE 9:e85446. 2014....
- ABCC4 copy number variation is associated with susceptibility to esophageal squamous cell carcinomaYulin Sun
State Key Laboratory of Molecular Oncology and
Carcinogenesis 35:1941-50. 2014..A direct genetic contribution of ESCC risk through CNV common variants was determined in this study, and ABCC4 might therefore have predictive and therapeutic potential for ESCC. ..
- cAMP regulates expression of the cyclic nucleotide transporter MRP4 (ABCC4) through the EPAC pathwaySusanne Bröderdorf
Department of Pharmacology, Center of Drug Absorption and Transport C_DAT, University Medicine, Greifswald, Germany
Pharmacogenet Genomics 24:522-6. 2014Multidrug resistance protein 4 (MRP4/ABCC4) has been established as an independent regulator of cyclic AMP (cAMP) levels particularly in vascular smooth muscle cells and in hematopoietic cells...
- Characterization of the MRP4- and MRP5-mediated transport of cyclic nucleotides from intact cellsPeter R Wielinga
Division of Molecular Biology and Center for Biomedical Genetics, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Plesmanlaan 121, Amsterdam 1066 CX, The Netherlands
J Biol Chem 278:17664-71. 2003..Two recently described members of the multidrug resistance protein family, MRP4 and MRP5, might be involved in this process, because they transport the 3',5'-cyclic nucleotides, cAMP and cGMP, ..
- Cotransport of reduced glutathione with bile salts by MRP4 (ABCC4) localized to the basolateral hepatocyte membraneMaria Rius
Division of Tumor Biochemistry, Deutsches Krebsforschungszentrum, Heidelberg, Germany
Hepatology 38:374-84. 2003..In this study we have localized the multidrug resistance protein 4 (MRP4; ABCC4) to the basolateral membrane of human, rat, and mouse hepatocytes and human hepatoma HepG2 cells...
- Substrate specificity of human ABCC4 (MRP4)-mediated cotransport of bile acids and reduced glutathioneMaria Rius
Division of Tumor Biochemistry, German Cancer Research Center, Heidelberg, Germany
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 290:G640-9. 2006The multidrug resistance protein ABCC4 (MRP4), a member of the ATP-binding cassette superfamily, mediates ATP-dependent unidirectional efflux of organic anions out of cells...
- ATP-dependent transport of leukotrienes B4 and C4 by the multidrug resistance protein ABCC4 (MRP4)Maria Rius
Division of Tumor Biochemistry, German Cancer Research Center, Im Neuenheimer Feld 280, D 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 324:86-94. 2008..Thus, as an efflux pump for the proinflammatory mediators LTB(4) and LTC(4), ABCC4 may represent a novel target for anti-inflammatory therapies...
- Expression of MRP4 confers resistance to ganciclovir and compromises bystander cell killingMasashi Adachi
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38105, USA
J Biol Chem 277:38998-9004. 2002The multidrug resistance protein MRP4, a member of the ATP-binding cassette superfamily, confers resistance to purine-based antiretroviral agents. However, the antiviral agent ganciclovir (GCV) has not been shown to be a substrate of MRP4...
- Modulatory effects of plant phenols on human multidrug-resistance proteins 1, 4 and 5 (ABCC1, 4 and 5)Chung Pu Wu
Department of Pharmacology, University of Cambridge, UK
FEBS J 272:4725-40. 2005..resveratrol, naringenin, daidzein and hesperetin with the multidrug-resistance-associated proteins, MRP1, MRP4 and MRP5...
- The human multidrug resistance protein MRP4 functions as a prostaglandin efflux transporter and is inhibited by nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drugsGlen Reid
Division of Molecular Biology and Center of Biomedical Genetics, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Plesmanlaan 121, 1066 CX Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:9244-9. 2003..In inside-out membrane vesicles derived from insect cells or HEK293 cells, MRP4 catalyzed the time- and ATP-dependent uptake of prostaglandin E1 (PGE1) and PGE2...
- Substrates and inhibitors of human multidrug resistance associated proteins and the implications in drug developmentShu Feng Zhou
Division of Chinese Medicine, School of Health Sciences, WHO Collaborating Center for Traditional Medicine, RMIT University, Victoria, Australia
Curr Med Chem 15:1981-2039. 2008..ABC) transporter genes and the multidrug resistance associated proteins (MRP1/ABCC1, MRP2/ABCC2, MRP3/ABCC3, MRP4/ABCC4, MRP5/ABCC5, MRP6/ABCC6, MRP7/ABCC10, MRP8/ABCC11 and MRP9/ABCC12) belong to the ABCC family which contains ..
- Prominent expression of xenobiotic efflux transporters in mouse extraembryonic fetal membranes compared with placentaLauren M Aleksunes
Department of Pharmacology, Toxicology, and Therapeutics, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, Kansas 66160 7417, USA
Drug Metab Dispos 36:1960-70. 2008..At days 14 and 17, fetal membranes expressed higher mRNA levels of the efflux transporters Mrp2 (7-fold), Mrp4 (5-fold), Mrp5 (3-fold), Mrp6 (12-fold), Bcrp (2-fold), and Mate-1 (7-fold) than placenta...
- Minimal role of hepatic transporters in the hepatoprotection against LCA-induced intrahepatic cholestasisLisa D Beilke
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, College of Pharmacy, University Animal Care, University of Arizona, Tucson 85721, USA
Toxicol Sci 102:196-204. 2008..of uptake transporters Ntcp and Oatp4 was significantly increased, as were sinusoidal efflux transporters Mrp3 and Mrp4. Although in PB/LCA cotreated mice, the only significant change compared with LCA-only treatment was an increase in ..
- Influence of acetaminophen vehicle on regulation of transporter gene expression during hepatotoxicityLauren M Aleksunes
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, School of Pharmacy, University of Connecticut, Storrs, Connecticut 06269 3092, USA
J Toxicol Environ Health A 70:1870-2. 2007..In contrast, multidrug resistance-associated proteins Mrp1, Mrp2, Mrp3, and Mrp4, as well as multidrug resistance proteins Mdr1a and Mdr1b genes, were increased following APAP...
- Modulators of multidrug resistance associated proteins in the management of anticancer and antimicrobial drug resistance and the treatment of inflammatory diseasesAn Kui Yang
Department of Head and Neck Surgery, Cancer Center, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou 510060, China
Curr Top Med Chem 10:1732-56. 2010..Both PGE(1) and PGE(2) are known high-affinity substrates of MRP4, but not MRP1, MRP2, MRP3 and MRP5. LTC(4) is a substrate of MRP1, MRP2, MRP3, and MRP6-8...
- The combination of glycyrrhizin and lamivudine can reverse the cisplatin resistance in hepatocellular carcinoma cells through inhibition of multidrug resistance-associated proteinsTakahiro Wakamatsu
Third Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Kansai Medical University, Hirakata, Japan
Int J Oncol 31:1465-72. 2007..1-fold higher resistance to cisplatin, and they expressed higher levels of MRP2 (6.29-fold), MRP3 (3.2-fold), MRP4 (11.3-fold) and MRP5 (3.39-fold) mRNAs than the wild-type cells by using real-time PCR...
- Hepatic Mrp4 induction following acetaminophen exposure is dependent on Kupffer cell functionSarah N Campion
Dept of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Univ of Connecticut, 69 North Eagleville Rd, Unit 3092, Storrs, CT 06269 3092, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 295:G294-304. 2008..b>Mrp4 is the most significantly upregulated transporter in mouse liver following APAP treatment...
- MOAT-E (ARA) is a full-length MRP/cMOAT subfamily transporter expressed in kidney and liverM G Belinsky
Division of Medical Sciences, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA 19111, USA
Br J Cancer 80:1342-9. 1999..We previously reported the isolation of three human MRP/cMOAT-related transporters, MOAT-B (MRP4), MOAT-C (MRP5) and MOAT-D (MRP3). In the present study we describe the fourth MRP/cMOAT-related transporter...
- Oxidative and electrophilic stress induces multidrug resistance-associated protein transporters via the nuclear factor-E2-related factor-2 transcriptional pathwayJonathan M Maher
Department of Pharmacology, Toxicology, and Therapeutics, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, KS, USA
Hepatology 46:1597-610. 2007..liver, Mrp2 transports bilirubin-glucuronide, glutathione (GSH), and drug conjugates into bile, whereas Mrp3 and Mrp4 efflux these entities into blood...
- Gender differences in mRNA expression of ATP-binding cassette efflux and bile acid transporters in kidney, liver, and intestine of 5/6 nephrectomized ratsHong Lu
Department of Pharmacology, Toxicology, and Therapeutics, University of Kansas Medical Center, 3901 Rainbow Boulevard, Kansas City, KS 66160 7417, USA
Drug Metab Dispos 36:16-23. 2008..Renal protein expression of Mrp2 increased, whereas that of Mrp4 remained unchanged in both genders of Nx rats...
- Drug-metabolizing enzyme and transporter expression in a mouse model of diabetes and obesityQiuqiong Cheng
Department of Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Rhode Island, Kingston, Rhode Island 02881, USA
Mol Pharm 5:77-91. 2008..multidrug resistance-associated proteins (Mrps) was increased in livers of ob/ob mice, particularly with Mrp4 expression being elevated by at least 6-fold and Mrp2 expression at least 3-fold in livers of ob/ob mice...
- Modulation of trabectedin (ET-743) hepatobiliary disposition by multidrug resistance-associated proteins (Mrps) may prevent hepatotoxicityJin Kyung Lee
School of Pharmacy, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7360, USA
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 228:17-23. 2008..blot analysis demonstrated increased levels of CYP3A1/2 and Mrp2 in SCRH pretreated with DEX; interestingly, Mrp4 expression was increased in SCRH after BSO exposure...
- Characterization of MOAT-C and MOAT-D, new members of the MRP/cMOAT subfamily of transporter proteinsM G Belinsky
Division of Medical Sciences, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA 19111, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 90:1735-41. 1998..To further define the MRP/cMOAT subfamily of transporters, we used EST probes to isolate complementary DNAs for two related transporter proteins, MOAT-C and MOAT-D...
- Expression of human MRP6, a homologue of the multidrug resistance protein gene MRP1, in tissues and cancer cellsM Kool
Division of Molecular Biology, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Amsterdam
Cancer Res 59:175-82. 1999..cMOAT or MRP2, encoding the canalicular multispecific organic anion transporter; and four homologues, called MRP3, MRP4, MRP5, and MRP6. The most recently discovered member of the family, MRP6, is analyzed in this report...
- Molecular and functional MDR1-Pgp and MRPs expression in human glioblastoma multiforme cell linesXavier Declèves
INSERM U26, Hôpital F Widal, Paris, France
Int J Cancer 98:173-80. 2002..Three other MRPs (MRP3, MRP4 and MRP5) were detected by RT-PCR in both cell lines, whereas MRP2 was not expressed...
- The multidrug resistance-associated protein 3 (MRP3) is associated with a poor outcome in childhood ALL and may account for the worse prognosis in male patients and T-cell immunophenotypeDaniel Steinbach
Klinikum der FSU Jena, Klinik fur Kinder und Jugendmedizin, Postfach, 07740 Jena, Germany
Blood 102:4493-8. 2003..In this study the expression of the MRP2, MRP3, MRP4, MRP5, and SMRP genes was measured using TaqMan real-time polymerase chain reaction (PCR) in 103 children with ..
- Renal xenobiotic transporters are differentially expressed in mice following cisplatin treatmentLauren M Aleksunes
University of Connecticut, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 69 North Eagleville Road, U 3092 Storrs, CT 06269 3092, United States
Toxicology 250:82-8. 2008..Cisplatin-induced renal injury increased mRNA and protein levels of the efflux transporters Mrp2, Mrp4, Mrp5, Mdr1a and Mdr1b. Uptake transporters Oatp2a1 and Oatp2b1 mRNA were also up-regulated following cisplatin...
- Drug efflux transporter multidrug resistance-associated protein 5 affects sensitivity of pancreatic cancer cell lines to the nucleoside anticancer drug 5-fluorouracilPraveen K Nambaru
Research Center of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, Ernst Moritz Arndt University, Greifswald, Germany
Drug Metab Dispos 39:132-9. 2011..Expression of MRP1, MRP3, MRP4, and MRP5 in human pancreas and pancreatic carcinoma has been reported...
- Renal and hepatic transporter expression in type 2 diabetic ratsMichael T Nowicki
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, School of Pharmacy, University of Connecticut, 69 North Eagleville Road, Storrs, CT 06269 3092, USA
Drug Metab Lett 2:11-7. 2008..3-fold) and decreased levels of Oct2 to 50% of control kidneys. Conversely, efflux transporters Mrp2, Mrp4, and Bcrp were increased 5.4-fold, 2-fold, and 1...
- The potential impact of drug transporters on nucleoside-analog-based antiviral chemotherapyP Borst
Division of Molecular Biology, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Plesmanlaan 121, 1066 CX Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Antiviral Res 62:1-7. 2004..work has shown that at least three members of the family of human Multidrug Resistance-associated Proteins (MRPs), MRP4, 5 and 8, are able to transport some nucleoside-monophosphate analogs...
- Involvement of MRP4 (ABCC4) in the luminal efflux of ceftizoxime and cefazolin in the kidneyLei Ci
Department of Molecular Pharmacokinetics, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Mol Pharmacol 71:1591-7. 2007The purpose of the present study was to investigate the role of multidrug resistance-associated protein 4 (MRP4) in the tubular secretion of cephalosporin antibiotics...
- Subcellular localization of transporters along the rat blood-brain barrier and blood-cerebral-spinal fluid barrier by in vivo biotinylationL M Roberts
XenoPort, Inc, 3410 Central Expressway, Santa Clara, CA 95051, USA
Neuroscience 155:423-38. 2008..Lat1, Mrp1 and Mrp4 were detected on the basal-lateral surface of lateral ventricle choroid plexus epithelial cells...
- Contribution of multidrug resistance protein 2 (MRP2/ABCC2) to the renal excretion of p-aminohippurate (PAH) and identification of MRP4 (ABCC4) as a novel PAH transporterPascal H E Smeets
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Nijmegen Centre for Molecular Life Sciences, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, The Netherlands
J Am Soc Nephrol 15:2828-35. 2004..1 +/- 0.6 mM). Human MRP4 (ABCC4), which has recently been localized to the apical membrane, expressed in Sf9 cells had a much higher ..
- Coordinated induction of bile acid detoxification and alternative elimination in mice: role of FXR-regulated organic solute transporter-alpha/beta in the adaptive response to bile acidsGernot Zollner
Laboratory of Experimental and Molecular Hepatology, Div of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Department of Internal Medicine, Medical University Graz, Auenbruggerplatz 15, Graz A 8036, Austria
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 290:G923-32. 2006..b>Mrp4 induction in the liver and kidney correlated with bile acid levels and was observed in UDCA-fed and CA-fed FXR(-/-) ..
- Drug transporter expression and localization in rat nasal respiratory and olfactory mucosa and olfactory bulbMary Beth Genter
Department of Environmental Health, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH 45267 0056, USA
Drug Metab Dispos 38:1644-7. 2010..OCT)1, 2, and 3; OCTN1; organic anion-transporting polypeptide (OATP)3; and multidrug resistance (MRP)1 and MRP4] in nasal respiratory mucosa, olfactory mucosa, and olfactory bulb to the level of expression of these transporters ..
- P2Y1 and cysteinyl leukotriene receptors mediate purine and cysteinyl leukotriene co-release in primary cultures of rat microgliaP Ballerini
Department of Biomedical Sciences, G D Annunzio University of Chieti, Italy
Int J Immunopathol Pharmacol 18:255-68. 2005..receptors, P2Y1ATP receptors and several members of the ATP binding cassette (ABC) transporters including MRP1, MRP4 and Pgp. The increase in [Ca2+]i elicited by LTD4 (0...
- Hepatobiliary transporter expression in intercellular adhesion molecule 1 knockout and Fas receptor-deficient mice after common bile duct ligation is independent of the degree of inflammation and oxidative stressMartin Wagner
Laboratory of Experimental and Molecular Hepatology, Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Department of Medicine, Medical University Graz, Auenbruggerplatz 15, A 8036 Graz, Austria
Drug Metab Dispos 35:1694-9. 2007..Mrp3 was moderately induced in ICAM(-/-), lpr, and endotoxin-resistant mice, whereas Mrp4 was only induced in the endotoxin-resistant strain...
- Down-regulation of organic anion transporter expression in human hepatocytes exposed to the proinflammatory cytokine interleukin 1betaMarc Le Vee
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U620, Faculty of Pharmacy, Rennes, France
Drug Metab Dispos 36:217-22. 2008..polypeptide (OATP)-B, OATP-C, and OATP8 and the efflux pumps multidrug resistance-associated protein (MRP) 2, MRP3, MRP4, and breast cancer resistance protein were also down-regulated at mRNA levels in human hepatocytes treated by IL-..
- Ecto-5'-nucleotidase and thiopurine cellular circulation: association with cytotoxicityFang Li
Department of Molecular Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, Mayo Clinic, 200 First St SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Drug Metab Dispos 38:2329-38. 2010..4 × 10(-10), R = -0.376). The thiopurine cellular circulation and genetic polymorphisms for genes encoding the proteins involved should be incorporated into future studies of thiopurine drug therapy and effect...
- Complementary stimulation of hepatobiliary transport and detoxification systems by rifampicin and ursodeoxycholic acid in humansHanns Ulrich Marschall
Department of Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska University Hospital Huddinge, Stockholm, Sweden
Gastroenterology 129:476-85. 2005..We aimed to study the molecular mechanisms of action of these drugs in humans...
- Change of drug excretory pathway by CCl4-induced liver dysfunction in ratHirotoshi Okumura
Division of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Graduate School of Medical Science, Kanazawa University, Kakuma machi, Kanazawa 920 1192, Japan
Biochem Pharmacol 74:488-95. 2007..such as Ntcp, Oct1, and Oatp2 were decreased and basolateral ATP-binding cassette transporters such as Mrp3 and Mrp4 were increased by the CCl(4) treatment...
- Interaction of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs with multidrug resistance protein (MRP) 2/ABCC2- and MRP4/ABCC4-mediated methotrexate transportAzza A K El-Sheikh
Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Nijmegen Centre for Molecular Life Sciences, Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology 149, P O Box 9101, 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 320:229-35. 2007..overexpressing the proximal tubular apical efflux transporters human multidrug resistance protein (MRP) 2/ABCC2 and MRP4/ABCC4. MTX was transported by MRP2 and MRP4 with Km values of 480 +/- 90 and 220 +/- 70 microM, respectively...
- Kinetic validation of the use of carboxydichlorofluorescein as a drug surrogate for MRP5-mediated transportSusan Pratt
Lilly Research Laboratories, Lilly Corporate Center, Indianapolis IN 46285, USA
Eur J Pharm Sci 27:524-32. 2006..5 pmol/min/mg prot, while MRP1 (ABCC1) and MRP4 (ABCC4) had little to no uptake...
- Diets high in selenium and isoflavones decrease androgen-regulated gene expression in healthy rat dorsolateral prostateRussell L Legg
Department of Nutrition, Dietetics and Food Science, Brigham Young University, Provo, UT 84602, USA
Reprod Biol Endocrinol 6:57. 2008..These components each affect androgen-regulated gene expression. The objective of this work was to determine the combined effects of selenium and isoflavones on androgen-regulated gene expression in rat prostate...
- Efflux transporter expression and acetaminophen metabolite excretion are altered in rodent models of nonalcoholic fatty liver diseaseAndrew J Lickteig
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, College of Pharmacy, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85721, USA
Drug Metab Dispos 35:1970-8. 2007..there were striking increases in both mRNA and protein levels of multidrug resistance-associated protein (Mrp) 3, Mrp4, and breast cancer resistance protein, as well as increased Mrp2 protein...
- Multiple organic anion transporters contribute to net renal excretion of uric acidSatish A Eraly
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Physiol Genomics 33:180-92. 2008..Expression of mRNA of other putative urate transporters (UAT, MRP2, MRP4, Oatv1) was unaffected in the knockouts, as were general indexes of renal function (glomerular filtration rate, ..
- 6-mercaptopurine and 9-(2-phosphonyl-methoxyethyl) adenine (PMEA) transport altered by two missense mutations in the drug transporter gene ABCC4Daniel Janke
Institute of Pharmacology, University of Mainz, Mainz, Germany
Hum Mutat 29:659-69. 2008Multiple drug resistance protein 4 (MRP4, ABCC4) belongs to the C subfamily of the ATP-binding cassette (ABC) transporter superfamily and participates in the transport of diverse antiviral and chemotherapeutic agents such as 6-..
- Nrf2- and PPAR alpha-mediated regulation of hepatic Mrp transporters after exposure to perfluorooctanoic acid and perfluorodecanoic acidJonathan M Maher
Department of Pharmacology, Toxicology, and Therapeutics, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, Kansas 66160, USA
Toxicol Sci 106:319-28. 2008..A single PFDA dose (80 mg/kg) administered to mice increased hepatic Mrp3 (fourfold) and Mrp4 (31-fold) mRNA expression...
- Modulation of bile acid metabolism by 1alpha-hydroxyvitamin D3 administration in miceShigeru Nishida
Division of Biochemistry, Department of Biomedical Sciences, Nihon University School of Medicine, Tokyo 173 8610, Japan
Drug Metab Dispos 37:2037-44. 2009..These findings indicate that pharmacological activation of VDR enhances metabolism of bile acids, especially urinary excretion. The results confirm that VDR acts a regulator of bile acid metabolism in vivo...
- Longitudinal study of a mouse model of familial porphyria cutanea tardaD D Arch
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
Cell Mol Biol (Noisy-le-grand) 55:46-54. 2009..This murine model of familial PCT affords the opportunity to study changes in porphyrinogen and porphyrin accumulation and transport in the absence of exogenous factors that alter P450 activity and transmembrane transporters...
- Mouse organic solute transporter alpha deficiency enhances renal excretion of bile acids and attenuates cholestasisCarol J Soroka
Yale Liver Center, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520 8019, USA
Hepatology 51:181-90. 2010..for the hepatic basolateral membrane export transporters, multidrug resistance-associated protein 3 (Mrp3) and Mrp4, and for the apical bilirubin transporter, Mrp2, were all increased...
- ABCC drug efflux pumps and organic anion uptake transporters in human gliomas and the blood-tumor barrierHolger Bronger
Division of Tumor Biochemistry, German Cancer Research Center
Cancer Res 65:11419-28. 2005..Our data provide a basis for the assessment of the role of uptake transporters and efflux pumps in the accessibility of human gliomas for chemotherapeutic agents...
- Effects of angiotensin II receptor blockers on renal handling of uric acid in ratsYan Li
Tokyo University of Science, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Japan
Drug Metab Pharmacokinet 23:263-70. 2008..of uric acid by human URAT1 and others inhibit the transport of uric acid mediated by human URAT1, OAT1, OAT3 and MRP4 in vitro...
- Two major classes in the M protein family in group A streptococciP W O'Toole
Department of Medical Microbiology, University of Lund, Sweden
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 89:8661-5. 1992..The streptococcal strain expressing Arp4 also expresses a second immunoglobulin-binding protein, Mrp4, which is shown here to be encoded by a gene located immediately upstream of the gene for Arp4...
- Response to chemotherapy and expression of the genes encoding the multidrug resistance-associated proteins MRP2, MRP3, MRP4, MRP5, and SMRP in childhood acute myeloid leukemiaDaniel Steinbach
University Children s Hospital, 07740 Jena, Germany
Clin Cancer Res 9:1083-6. 2003..Their structure, function, and substrate specificity have been studied intensively, but little is known about their clinical relevance in malignant diseases...
- Characterization of mice lacking the multidrug resistance protein MRP2 (ABCC2)Xiao Yan Chu
Department of Drug Metabolism, Merck and Co, RY80, 126 E Lincoln Ave, Rahway, NJ 07065, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 317:579-89. 2006..Unlike in Mrp2 mutant rats, no induction of Mrp3 in Mrp2(-/-) mice was detected. However, Mrp4 mRNA and protein in liver and kidney were increased approximately 6- and 2-fold, respectively...
- Evaluation of the role of multidrug resistance-associated protein (Mrp) 3 and Mrp4 in hepatic basolateral excretion of sulfate and glucuronide metabolites of acetaminophen, 4-methylumbelliferone, and harmol in Abcc3-/- and Abcc4-/- miceMaciej J Zamek-Gliszczynski
University of North Carolina, School of Pharmacy, Kerr Hall, CB 7360, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7360, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 319:1485-91. 2006..In the present study, the involvement in this process of Mrp3 and Mrp4, two basolateral efflux transporters, was evaluated by analyzing the hepatic basolateral excretion of the ..
- Substrate overlap between Mrp4 and Abcg2/Bcrp affects purine analogue drug cytotoxicity and tissue distributionKazumasa Takenaka
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, 332 North Lauderdale, Memphis, TN 38105, USA
Cancer Res 67:6965-72. 2007..analogue, 9-(2-(phosphonomethoxy)ethyl)-adenine (PMEA), and up-regulation of Abcg2 in some tissues of the Mrp4 KO mouse prompted us to evaluate the possibility that Abcg2 might transport purine-derived drugs...
- Induction of Mrp3 and Mrp4 transporters during acetaminophen hepatotoxicity is dependent on Nrf2Lauren M Aleksunes
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, School of Pharmacy, University of Connecticut, 69 North Eagleville Road, Unit 3092, Storrs, CT 06269 3092, USA
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 226:74-83. 2008..Similarly, APAP treatment increased hepatic Mrp3 and Mrp4 mRNA and protein in WT, but not Nrf2-null mice...
- Disruption of cAMP and prostaglandin E2 transport by multidrug resistance protein 4 deficiency alters cAMP-mediated signaling and nociceptive responseZ Ping Lin
Department of Pharmacology, Yale University School of Medicine, 333 Cedar St, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Mol Pharmacol 73:243-51. 2008Multidrug resistance protein 4 (MRP4; ABCC4) is a member of the MRP/ATP-binding cassette family serving as a transmembrane transporter involved in energy-dependent efflux of anticancer/antiviral nucleotide agents and of physiological ..
- Multidrug resistance-associated proteins are crucial for the viability of activated rat hepatic stellate cellsRebekka A Hannivoort
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Hepatology 48:624-34. 2008..With respect to hepatocytes, activated HSCs expressed high levels of Mrp1 and comparable levels of Mrp3, Mrp4, Mdr1a, and Mdr1b but not the hepatocyte-specific transporters bile salt export pump, Mrp2, and Mrp6...
- Human skeletal muscle drug transporters determine local exposure and toxicity of statinsMichael J Knauer
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Department of Medicine, University of Western Ontario, London, Canada
Circ Res 106:297-306. 2010..Interestingly, little is known regarding the molecular determinants of statin distribution into skeletal muscle and its relevance to toxicity...
- Expression of SLCO1B3 is associated with intratumoral cholestasis and CTNNB1 mutations in hepatocellular carcinomaShigeki Sekine
Pathology Division, National Cancer Center Research Institute, Tokyo, Japan
Cancer Sci 102:1742-7. 2011..Immunohistochemistry for MRP4 (encoded by ABCC4) partly agreed with ABCC4 expression, but most cases did not express detectable levels of MRP4...
- Inhibition of MRP4 prevents and reverses pulmonary hypertension in miceYannis Hara
UPMC Univ Paris 06, UMRS 956, Paris, France
J Clin Invest 121:2888-97. 2011Multidrug resistance-associated protein 4 (MRP4, also known as Abcc4) regulates intracellular levels of cAMP and cGMP in arterial SMCs...
- Aspirin extrusion from human platelets through multidrug resistance protein-4-mediated transport: evidence of a reduced drug action in patients after coronary artery bypass graftingTeresa Mattiello
Department of Experimental Medicine, Sapienza University of Rome, Rome, Italy
J Am Coll Cardiol 58:752-61. 2011In this study we investigate: 1) the role of multidrug resistance protein-4 (MRP4), an organic anion unidirectional transporter, in modulating aspirin action on human platelet cyclooxygenase (COX)-1; and 2) whether the impairment of ..
- Nuclear factor-E2-related factor 2 is a major determinant of bile acid homeostasis in the liver and intestineJittima Weerachayaphorn
Department of Internal Medicine, Liver Center, Yale University, School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06519 8019, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 302:G925-36. 2012..Ostα) were increased in the face of impaired expression of the multidrug resistance-associated proteins Mrp3 and Mrp4. Deletion of Nrf2 also decreased ileal apical sodium-dependent bile acid transporter (Asbt) expression, leading to ..
- Deregulated hepatic metabolism exacerbates impaired testosterone production in Mrp4-deficient miceJessica A Morgan
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38105, USA
J Biol Chem 287:14456-66. 2012The physiological role of multidrug resistance protein 4 (Mrp4, Abcc4) in the testes is unknown...
- Effects of aripiprazole and its active metabolite dehydroaripiprazole on the activities of drug efflux transporters expressed both in the intestine and at the blood-brain barrierYasuhisa Nagasaka
Drug Metabolism Research Laboratories, Astellas Pharma Inc, Kashima, Osaka, Japan
Biopharm Drug Dispos 33:304-15. 2012..P-glycoprotein), breast cancer resistance protein (BCRP/ABCG2) and multidrug resistance-associated protein 4 (MRP4/ABCC4), that are drug efflux transporters expressed both in the intestine and at the blood-brain barrier (BBB), ..
- Down-regulation of brush border efflux transporter expression in the kidneys of pregnant miceLindsay L Yacovino
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Rutgers University, Piscataway, NJ, USA
Drug Metab Dispos 41:320-5. 2013..Coordinated down-regulation of brush border transporters Mate1, Mrp2, and Mrp4 and up-regulation of the basolateral Mrp3 transporter would reduce chemical secretion into urine.
- Hepatic basolateral efflux contributes significantly to rosuvastatin disposition I: characterization of basolateral versus biliary clearance using a novel protocol in sandwich-cultured hepatocytesNathan D Pfeifer
Division of Pharmacotherapy and Experimental Therapeutics, UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 347:727-36. 2013..Membrane vesicle experiments revealed that RSV is a substrate of MRP4 (Km = 21 ± 7 µM, Vmax = 1140 ± 210 pmol/min per milligram of protein)...
- Expression of six drug transporters in vaginal, cervical, and colorectal tissues: Implications for drug disposition in HIV preventionMelanie R Nicol
Eshelman School of Pharmacy, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC, USA
J Clin Pharmacol 54:574-83. 2014..cervical, and colorectal tissues is a contributing factor and selected 3 efflux (ABCB1/MDR1, ABCC2/MRP2, ABCC4/MRP4) and 3 uptake (SLC22A6/OAT1, SLC22A8/OAT3, SLCO1B1/OATP1B1) transporters to further investigate based on their ..
- Na⁺/H⁺ exchanger regulatory factor 3 is critical for multidrug resistance protein 4-mediated drug efflux in the kidneyJoonhee Park
Department of Pharmacology and Brain Korea 21 Project for Medical Science, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
J Am Soc Nephrol 25:726-36. 2014..Multidrug resistance protein 4 (MRP4) is an ATP binding cassette transporter that mediates the efflux of organic molecules, such as nucleoside analogs, ..
- Influence of ABCC2 and ABCC4 polymorphisms on tenofovir plasma concentrations in Thai HIV-infected patientsKanokrat Rungtivasuwan
Department of Pharmacy Practice, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 59:3240-5. 2015Tenofovir (TFV) is eliminated by renal excretion, which is mediated through multidrug-resistant protein 2 (MRP2) and MRP4, encoded by ABCC2 and ABCC4, respectively...
- Proximal tubular efflux transporters involved in renal excretion of p-cresyl sulfate and p-cresyl glucuronide: Implications for chronic kidney disease pathophysiologyHenricus A M Mutsaers
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Radboud University Medical Center, Radboud Institute for Molecular Life Sciences, Nijmegen, The Netherlands Department of Physiology, Radboud University Medical Center, Radboud Institute for Molecular Life Sciences, Nijmegen, The Netherlands Department of Pediatrics, Radboud University Medical Center, Radboud Institute for Molecular Life Sciences, Nijmegen, The Netherlands Department of Pharmaceutical Technology and Biopharmacy, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Toxicol In Vitro 29:1868-77. 2015..Here, we investigated the role of the efflux transporters Multidrug Resistance Protein 4 (MRP4) and Breast Cancer Resistance Protein (BCRP) in pCS and pCG excretion, and studied the impact of both solutes on ..
- Multiple ABC Transporters Efflux BaicalinBernadett Kalapos-Kovács
Department of Pharmaceutics, Semmelweis University, Hőgyes E utca 7, H 1092, Budapest, Hungary
Phytother Res 29:1987-90. 2015..specific ABC transporters was studied using membranes from cells overexpressing human BCRP, MDR1, MRP2, MRP3 and MRP4. Baicalin was tested for its potential to inhibit vesicular transport by these transporters...
- Age-Specific Regulation of Drug-Processing Genes in Mouse Liver by Ligands of Xenobiotic-Sensing Transcription FactorsCindy Yanfei Li
Department of Environmental and Occupational Health Sciences, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington C Y L, C D K, J Y C and Department of Internal Medicine, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, Kansas H J R
Drug Metab Dispos 44:1038-49. 2016..by PCN; 2) during adolescent age, the highest fold increase in the mRNA expression was observed for Ugt1a6 and Mrp4 by TCDD, Cyp2b10, Ugt2b34, and Ugt2b35 by TCPOBOP, as well as Gsta1, Gsta4, Sult1e1, Ugt1a1, Mrp3, and Mrp4 by PCN; ..
- Efflux Transport Characterization of Resveratrol Glucuronides in UDP-Glucuronosyltransferase 1A1 Transfected HeLa Cells: Application of a Cellular Pharmacokinetic Model to Decipher the Contribution of Multidrug Resistance-Associated Protein 4Shuai Wang
Division of Pharmaceutics, College of Pharmacy S W, E Q, B W, and Guangzhou Jinan Biomedicine Research and Development Center F L, D D, Jinan University, Guangzhou, China
Drug Metab Dispos 44:485-8. 2016..Likewise, short-hairpin RNA (shRNA)-mediated silencing of MRP4 caused a significant reduction in glucuronide excretion but an elevation in glucuronide accumulation...
- Fluorescence-Based Transport Assays Revisited in a Human Renal Proximal Tubule Cell LinePedro Caetano-Pinto
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Radboud University Medical Center, Radboud Institute for Molecular Life Sciences, 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Mol Pharm 13:933-44. 2016..breast cancer resistance protein (BCRP), multidrug resistance protein 4 (MRP4), and P-glycoprotein (P-gp), as well as protein uptake through receptor-mediated endocytosis, using a fluorescence-..
- OLIVIA RUTH BUONARATI; Fiscal Year: 2015DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Multidrug-Resistant Protein 4 (MRP4) has been established as a membrane transporter that facilitates cellular extrusion of cAMP in kidney, prostate, gut epithelium, and cardiac myocytes...
- Function of the MRP FamilyJames M Gallo; Fiscal Year: 2013..In the previous funding period we focused on the analysis of the in vivo functions of MRP3 and MRP4, and on the elucidation of the functional properties of MRP6, MRP7 and MRP8...
- Function of the MRP FamilyGary D Kruh; Fiscal Year: 2010..In the previous funding period we focused on the analysis of the in vivo functions of MRP3 and MRP4, and on the elucidation of the functional properties of MRP6, MRP7 and MRP8...
- The Hepatoprotective Role of the Orphan Nuclear Receptor LXRWen Xie; Fiscal Year: 2010..The APAP-detoxifying transporter MRP4 is also likely under the positive control of LXR...
- Transporter Expression in Response to HepatotoxicantsJose E Manautou; Fiscal Year: 2013..During the current funding cycle we determined that the efflux transporter Mrp4 is the most significantly induced MRP during APAP hepatotoxicity...
- Astrocyte Control of Toxin-Mediated Neuron Death: Role of the Gamma-Glutamyl PathGeorge I Henderson; Fiscal Year: 2010..They will utilize transgenic mice deficient in Mrpl, Mrp4, or GGT...
- JAMES LORENZEN BOYER; Fiscal Year: 2016..They are Aim 1-A: Mechanisms of Transcriptional Regulation of MRP4/Mrp4 and its role in the adaptive response to cholestasis Aim 1-B: To evaluate the role of basolateral Osta ..
- Molecular basis of androgen receptor mediated gene transcriptional repressionChangmeng Cai; Fiscal Year: 2013..the cooperative role of c-Jun on AR transactivation and the roles of AR regulated SGC[unreadable]1, ETV1, and MRP4 genes in PCa. After I received my Ph.D...
- MRP4 IN DRUG SENSITIVITY AND PHYSIOLOGYJohn D Schuetz; Fiscal Year: 2012..the last funding period were directed to elucidating the function and molecular regulation of the ABC transporter, Mrp4. The current proposal represents an evolution of this work, based upon recent studies from this laboratory using ..
- Role of M-Related Protein and IgG Interactions in Virulence of S. pyogenesHarry S Courtney; Fiscal Year: 2013..We have localized the IgG-binding domain of Mrp4 to it's A repeats and have engineered a recombinant protein, rMrp??, in which the A repeats have been deleted ..
- HIV RESISTANCE AND TREATMENT STRATEGIESRICHARD D AQUILA; Fiscal Year: 2007..and/or MRP2 (ABCC2)), nucleoside influx (OAT1, OAT3, and OAT4, CNT-1 and-2, and ENTs), and nucleoside efflux (MRP4 (ABCC4), MRP5 (ABCC5) are expressed and functional in lymphocytes...
- Molecular Organization or Renal Organic Anion TransportStephen H Wright; Fiscal Year: 2010..e., OAT1 and OAT3) and two distinct luminal transporters (i.e., MRP2 and MRP4)...
- Anjaparavanda P Naren; Fiscal Year: 2016PROJECT SUMMARY/ABSTRACT: The hypothesis of this proposal is that the functional activities of the cAMP transporter (MRP4) and CFTR Cl- channel are physically and functionally coupled within the gut epithelial cells...
- Mechanisms of Tenofovir Renal Tubular ToxicityJames J Kohler; Fiscal Year: 2010..Abundance of native dAdo and of TDF is regulated cytoplasmically and mitochondrially by DNC, OAT-1, or MRP4. Phosphorylated TDF competes with dATP as a substrate for pol-gamma (the mtDNA replicase), resulting in mtDNA ..
- Aspirin pharmacogenetics in the Aspirin/Folate Polyp Prevention TrialKAREN MAKAR; Fiscal Year: 2009..PGIS), and arachidonate lipoxygenase-5 (ALOX5);2) prostaglandin transport: multidrug resistance protein 4 (MRP4);and 3) aspirin metabolism: CYP2C9 and UGT1A6...
- ABC Transporters in CNS Penetration of CamptothecinsChristopher Waters; Fiscal Year: 2007..and the CSF is largely controlled by drug efflux transporters, including P-pg, multi-drug resistance protein 4 (MRP4), and the breast cancer resistance protein (BCRP or ABCG2)...
- TRANSPORT OF PESTICIDES MEDIATED BY MRP1 AND MRP3Lisa Bain; Fiscal Year: 2000..These pesticides can be eliminated from the organism as conjugates, and therofore are likely to require MRP1 and/or MRP4 to mediate their efflux...
- MECHANISMS OF BILE SECRETION AND CHOLESTASISJames Boyer; Fiscal Year: 2007..will be sought as well as the effects of cholestasis on the expression of organic cation transporters (Octs) and Mrp4 in liver, kidney and intestine and the ameliorating effects of ursodeoxycholic acid...
- Role of MRP2 and MRP4 in renal organic anion excretionRYAN PELIS; Fiscal Year: 2007..make use of cloned proteins isolated in model cell systems, and are designed to test the hypothesis that MRP2 and MRP4, both of which are localized to the apical membrane of RPT cells, contribute to the secretion of OAs primarily ..
- MRP4 IN DRUG SENSITIVITY AND PHYSIOLOGYJohn Schuetz; Fiscal Year: 2008..the last funding period were directed to elucidating the function and molecular regulation of the ABC transporter, Mrp4. The current proposal represents an evolution of this work, based upon recent studies from this laboratory using ..
- Protective Role of Mrp2 During Chemotherapy-Induced Kidney InjuryLAUREN ALEKSUNES; Fiscal Year: 2008..Furthermore, these studies will contribute to our understanding of the adaptive mechanisms that occur within the kidneys in response to drug toxicity. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- FUNCTIONS OF THE HEPATIC GAMMA-GLUTAMYL CYCLENazzareno Ballatori; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Role of the ABC Transporter ABCB6 in CytotoxicityJohn Schuetz; Fiscal Year: 2006..Cumulatively, these studies will lead to better understanding of this important mitochondrial ABC transporter in mitochondrial dysfunction and diseases such as cancer. ./" ..
- METHYLMERCURY TRANSPORT ACROSS CELL MEMBRANESNazzareno Ballatori; Fiscal Year: 2005..Evaluate the molecular mechanism by which NAC stimulates renal excretion of MeHg. IV. Test the hypothesis that urinary excretion of MeHg following an NAC oral challenge may be used as a new biomarker of MeHg exposure. ..
- DEVELOPMENT OF A MODEL TO PREDICT DRUG HEPATOTOXICITYKIM BROUWER; Fiscal Year: 2005..g., dog, monkey) as well as from humans is a particularly attractive feature of this novel in vitro model, and will be developed during the scale-up phase of this model system in a subsequent R33 application. ..
- Sphingolipid signaling in olfactory mucosaMary Beth Genter; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Extracellular matrix in chloracetanilide carcinogenesisMary Beth Genter; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- MECHANISMS OF INTESTINAL IRON ABSORPTIONMatthias Hediger; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Hypocretin System Immune Diathesis in Human NarcolepsyJohn Black; Fiscal Year: 2004..Long term objectives: This translational, multidisciplinary research will demonstrate fundamental insights into the cause of narcolepsy and will open avenues for new interventions and preventative measures for this debilitating disease. ..
- MECHANISM OF INDUCTION OF OLFACTORY TUMORS BY ALACHLORMary Beth Genter; Fiscal Year: 2002....