Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MRP2
Description: ATP binding cassette subfamily C member 2
Alias: ABC30, CMOAT, DJS, MRP2, cMRP, canalicular multispecific organic anion transporter 1, ATP-binding cassette, sub-family C (CFTR/MRP), member 2, canalicular multidrug resistance protein, multidrug resistance-associated protein 2
Publications231 found, 100 shown here
- Enhanced expression of multidrug resistance-associated protein 2 and reduced expression of aquaglyceroporin 3 in an arsenic-resistant human cell lineTe Chang Lee
Institute of Biomedical Sciences, Academia Sinica, Taipei 11529, Taiwan
J Biol Chem 281:18401-7. 2006..We therefore compared expression of the multidrug resistance-associated proteins MRP1, MRP2, and MRP3 in these two cell lines...
- Expression of the MRP gene-encoded conjugate export pump in liver and its selective absence from the canalicular membrane in transport-deficient mutant hepatocytesR Mayer
Division of Tumor Biochemistry, Deutsches Krebsforschungszentrum, Heidelberg, Federal Republic of Germany
J Cell Biol 131:137-50. 1995..Our results indicate that the absence of Mrp or an isoform of Mrp from the canalicular membrane is the basis for the hereditary defect of the hepatobiliary excretion of anionic conjugates by the transport-deficient hepatocyte...
- cDNA cloning of the hepatocyte canalicular isoform of the multidrug resistance protein, cMrp, reveals a novel conjugate export pump deficient in hyperbilirubinemic mutant ratsM Buchler
Deutsches Krebsforschungszentrum, D 69120 Heidelberg, Federal Republic of Germany
J Biol Chem 271:15091-8. 1996..have cloned and sequenced the canalicular isoform of the multidrug resistance protein from rat liver, and termed it cMrp. This membrane glycoprotein is composed of 1541 amino acids with an identity of 47...
- A mutation in the human canalicular multispecific organic anion transporter gene causes the Dubin-Johnson syndromeC C Paulusma
Department of Gastrointestinal and Liver Diseases, Center for Liver and Intestinal Research, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Hepatology 25:1539-42. 1997..the transport-deficient (TR-) rat, which is defective in the canalicular multispecific organic anion transporter (cmoat)...
- Mutations in the canilicular multispecific organic anion transporter (cMOAT) gene, a novel ABC transporter, in patients with hyperbilirubinemia II/Dubin-Johnson syndromeM Wada
Department of Biochemistry, Kyushu University School of Medicine, Fukuoka 812 82, Japan
Hum Mol Genet 7:203-7. 1998..for the glucuronide and glutathione-conjugated antitumor agents, and found it highly homologous to the rat cmoat gene...
- Genomic structure of the canalicular multispecific organic anion-transporter gene (MRP2/cMOAT) and mutations in the ATP-binding-cassette region in Dubin-Johnson syndromeS Toh
Department of Biochemistry, Kyushu University School of Medicine, Maidashi 3 1 1, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
Am J Hum Genet 64:739-46. 1999..Previous studies of the defects in the human canalicular multispecific organic anion transporter gene (MRP2/cMOAT) in patients with DJS have suggested that the gene defects are responsible for DJS...
- Expression of the MRP2 gene-encoded conjugate export pump in human kidney proximal tubules and in renal cell carcinomaT P Schaub
Division of Tumor Biochemistry, Deutsches Krebsforschungszentrum, Heidelberg, Germany
J Am Soc Nephrol 10:1159-69. 1999..proximal tubule epithelia express the ATP-dependent export pump for anionic conjugates encoded by the MRP2 (cMRP/cMOAT) gene (symbol ABCC2)...
- The human multidrug resistance protein 2 gene: functional characterization of the 5'-flanking region and expression in hepatic cellsT Tanaka
Department of Biochemistry, Kyushu University School of Medicine, Fukuoka, University of Occupational Environmental Health, Kitakyushu, Japan
Hepatology 30:1507-12. 1999..multidrug resistance protein 2 (MRP2), also termed as the canalicular multispecific organic anion transporter (cMOAT), is a member of the adenosine triphosphate-binding cassette transporter superfamily...
- Polymorphism of the ABC transporter genes, MDR1, MRP1 and MRP2/cMOAT, in healthy Japanese subjectsS Ito
Department of Clinical Pharmacokinetics, Graduate School, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Pharmacogenetics 11:175-84. 2001
- NAD(P)H oxidase and multidrug resistance protein genetic polymorphisms are associated with doxorubicin-induced cardiotoxicityLeszek Wojnowski
Department of Pharmacology, University Mainz, D 55101 Mainz, Germany
Circulation 112:3754-62. 2005..There are no data on pharmacogenomic predictors of ACT...
- Disposition of 9-nitrocamptothecin and its 9-aminocamptothecin metabolite in relation to ABC transporter genotypesWilliam C Zamboni
Hillman Cancer Research Center, Molecular Therapeutics Drug Discovery Program, University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Invest New Drugs 24:393-401. 2006..The aim of this study was to evaluate the functional consequence of known single nucleotide polymorphisms in the transporter genes ABCB1, ABCC2, and ABCG2 on the pharmacokinetic disposition of 9NC and 9AC...
- Influence of polymorphisms of ABCB1 and ABCC2 on mRNA and protein expression in normal and cancerous kidney cortexS Haenisch
Institute of Pharmacology, University Hospital Schleswig Holstein, Kiel, Germany
Pharmacogenomics J 7:56-65. 2007..function, whereas less information is available about the impact of ABCC2 (multidrug resistance-associated protein (MRP2)) single-nucleotide polymorphisms ...
- Pharmacogenetic characteristics of indinavir, zidovudine, and lamivudine therapy in HIV-infected adults: a pilot studyPeter L Anderson
University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO 80262, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 42:441-9. 2006The aim of the study was to investigate relationships among indinavir, lamivudine-triphosphate, and zidovudine-triphosphate pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics with polymorphisms in CYP3A5, MDR1, MRP2, MRP4, BCRP, and UGT1A1 genes.
- High-dose methotrexate in pediatric acute lymphoblastic leukemia: impact of ABCC2 polymorphisms on plasma concentrationsThomas Rau
Department of Clinical and Experimental Pharmacology and Toxicology, University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, and Children s Hospital, Friedrich Alexander University Erlangen Nuremberg, Erlangen, Germany
Clin Pharmacol Ther 80:468-76. 2006..triphosphate-binding cassette (ABC) class transporter ABCC2 (MRP2 [multidrug resistance related protein 2] or cMOAT [canalicular multispecific organic anion transporter]) is involved in the cellular outward transport and ..
- ABCC2 (MRP2, cMOAT) can be localized in the nuclear membrane of ovarian carcinomas and correlates with resistance to cisplatin and clinical outcomePawel Surowiak
Charite Campus Mitte, Institute of Pathology, Berlin, Germany
Clin Cancer Res 12:7149-58. 2006..Here, we show that ABCC2 can be localized in the cytoplasmic membrane as well as in the nuclear membrane of various human tissues including ovarian carcinoma cells...
- Irinotecan-induced diarrhea: functional significance of the polymorphic ABCC2 transporter proteinF A De Jong
Department of Medical Oncology, Erasmus University Medical Center, Daniel den Hoed Cancer Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Clin Pharmacol Ther 81:42-9. 2007..Here, we explore the association of ABCC2 (MRP2) polymorphisms and haplotypes with irinotecan disposition and diarrhea...
- Genetic susceptibility to diclofenac-induced hepatotoxicity: contribution of UGT2B7, CYP2C8, and ABCC2 genotypesAnn K Daly
School of Clinical and Laboratory Sciences, University of Newcastle Medical School, Framlington Place, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Gastroenterology 132:272-81. 2007..in the genes encoding the enzymes UGT2B7 and CYP2C8, which determine the formation of reactive diclofenac metabolites and in ABCC2 encoding the transporter MRP2 contributing to the biliary excretion of the reactive metabolite.
- MRP2 haplotypes confer differential susceptibility to toxic liver injuryJi Ha Choi
Department of Pharmacology, Institute of Gastroenterology, Yonsei University College of Medicine, 134 Sinchon Dong Seoul 120 752, Korea
Pharmacogenet Genomics 17:403-15. 2007Multidrug resistance protein 2 (MRP2, ABCC2) plays an important role in the biliary clearance of a wide variety of endogenous and exogenous toxic compounds...
- Associations of ABCB1, ABCC2, and ABCG2 polymorphisms with irinotecan-pharmacokinetics and clinical outcome in patients with advanced non-small cell lung cancerJi Youn Han
Research Institute and Hospital, National Cancer Center, Goyang, Korea
Cancer 110:138-47. 2007..The authors investigated whether ABCB1, ABCC2, and ABCG2 genetic polymorphisms affect pharmacokinetics (PK) of irinotecan and treatment outcome of patients with advanced nonsmall cell lung cancer (NSCLC)...
- Multidrug resistance proteins do not predict benefit of adjuvant chemotherapy in patients with completely resected non-small cell lung cancer: International Adjuvant Lung Cancer Trial Biologic ProgramMartin Filipits
Department of Medicine I, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Clin Cancer Res 13:3892-8. 2007..The purpose of our study was to determine whether multidrug resistance proteins (MRP) are of prognostic and/or predictive value in patients who were enrolled into the International Adjuvant Lung Cancer Trial (IALT)...
- Influence of SLCO1B1, 1B3, 2B1 and ABCC2 genetic polymorphisms on mycophenolic acid pharmacokinetics in Japanese renal transplant recipientsMasatomo Miura
Department of Pharmacy, Akita University Hospital, Akita, Japan
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 63:1161-9. 2007..the association between mycophenolic acid (MPA) pharmacokinetics and organic anion-transporting polypeptide (OATP/SLCO)1B1, 1B3, 2B1 and multidrug resistance-association protein 2 (MRP2/ABCC2) genetic polymorphisms and diarrhea.
- Influence of genetic polymorphisms on intestinal expression and rifampicin-type induction of ABCC2 and on bioavailability of talinololSierk Haenisch
Institute of Pharmacology, University Hospital Schleswig Holstein, Kiel, Germany
Pharmacogenet Genomics 18:357-65. 2008..To evaluate whether ABCC2 gene polymorphisms are associated with expression and/or function of the efflux pump...
- Methotrexate (MTX) pathway gene polymorphisms and their effects on MTX toxicity in Caucasian and African American patients with rheumatoid arthritisPrabha Ranganathan
Department of Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Rheumatol 35:572-9. 2008..We examined the influence of MTX transporter gene polymorphisms on MTX toxicity in 2 racial groups of patients with RA...
- Genetic variations and haplotypes of ABCC2 encoding MRP2 in a Japanese populationKimie Sai
Project Team for Pharmacogenetics, National Institute of Health Sciences, Tokyo, Japan
Drug Metab Pharmacokinet 23:139-47. 2008The multidrug resistance-associated protein 2 (MRP2) encoded by the ABCC2 gene is expressed in the liver, intestine and kidneys and preferentially exports organic anions or conjugates with glucuronide or glutathione...
- Polymorphisms of MRP2 (ABCC2) are associated with susceptibility to nonalcoholic fatty liver diseaseSilvia Sookoian
Molecular Genetics and Biology of Complex Diseases Department, Institute of Medical Research A Lanari, University of Buenos Aires CONICET, 1427 Ciudad Autonoma de Buenos Aires, Argentina
J Nutr Biochem 20:765-70. 2009..We hypothesized that ABCC2 gene variants may contribute to susceptibility to nonalcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD). Additionally, we tested the hypothesis of a relation between gene variants and disease severity...
- Influence of uridine diphosphate (UDP)-glucuronosyltransferases and ABCC2 genetic polymorphisms on the pharmacokinetics of mycophenolic acid and its metabolites in Chinese renal transplant recipientsW X Zhang
Institute of Clinical Pharmacology, Ruijin Hospital, Shanghai Jiaotong University School of Medicine, Shanghai, China
Xenobiotica 38:1422-36. 2008....
- Association of ATP-binding cassette, sub-family C, number 2 (ABCC2) genotype with pharmacokinetics of irinotecan in Japanese patients with metastatic colorectal cancer treated with irinotecan plus infusional 5-fluorouracil/leucovorin (FOLFIRI)Ken ichi Fujita
Department of Medical Oncology, Saitama International Medical Center Comprehensive Cancer Center, Saitama Medical University, Saitama, Japan
Biol Pharm Bull 31:2137-42. 2008..011). Thus, ABCC2 genotype is one of the predictors of the variability of irinotecan PK in Japanese patients with metastatic colorectal cancer receiving FOLFIRI...
- Interaction of hepatocyte nuclear factors in transcriptional regulation of tissue specific hormonal expression of human multidrug resistance-associated protein 2 (abcc2)Ishtiaq Qadri
NUST Center of Virology and Immunology, National University of Science and Technology, Tamizudin Road, Rawalpindi, Pakistan
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 234:281-92. 2009Multidrug resistance-associated protein 2 (MRP2) (ABCC2) is an ATP-binding cassette membrane protein located primarily on apical surface of hepatocytes that mediates transport of conjugated xenobiotics and endogenous compounds into bile...
- Expression of multidrug resistance-associated protein 2 is involved in chemotherapy resistance in human pancreatic cancerBunjiro Noma
Department of Medicine and Molecular Science, Hiroshima University Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Minami Ku, Hiroshima 734 8551, Japan
Int J Oncol 33:1187-94. 2008..The aims of this study were to examine the expression of multidrug resistance-associated proteins (MRPs) MRP1, MRP2 and MRP3 and to evaluate the correlation between MRP2 expression and CDDP resistance in human pancreatic cancer...
- Lack of association between ABCB1, ABCG2, and ABCC2 genetic polymorphisms and multidrug resistance in partial epilepsyDong Wook Kim
Department of Neurology, Konkuk University Medical Center, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Epilepsy Res 84:86-90. 2009..Our study suggests that genetic polymorphisms in ABC transporters may not be significant predictors of drug response in epilepsy patients...
- Comprehensive pharmacogenetic analysis of irinotecan neutropenia and pharmacokineticsFederico Innocenti
The University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:2604-14. 2009..We aim to identify genetic variation, in addition to the UGT1A1*28 polymorphism, that can explain the variability in irinotecan (CPT-11) pharmacokinetics and neutropenia in cancer patients...
- Non-response to antiepileptic pharmacotherapy is associated with the ABCC2 -24C>T polymorphism in young and adult patients with epilepsyMike Ufer
University Hospital Schleswig Holstein, Germany
Pharmacogenet Genomics 19:353-62. 2009....
- Association of the c.3972C>T variant of the multidrug resistance-associated protein 2 Gene (MRP2/ABCC2) with susceptibility to bile duct cancerA Hoblinger
Department of Internal Medicine I, University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany
Digestion 80:36-9. 2009Multidrug resistance-associated protein 2 (MRP2/ABCC2) is one of the ATP-binding cassette (ABC) transporters expressed on the apical membrane of hepatocytes and cholangiocytes...
- The 5'-untranslated region of multidrug resistance associated protein 2 (MRP2; ABCC2) regulates downstream open reading frame expression through translational regulationYuanyuan Zhang
University of Kentucky, College of Medicine, Lexington, KY 40536, USA
Mol Pharmacol 77:237-46. 2010b>MRP2 (ABCC2), a member of the ATP binding cassette superfamily of efflux transporters that mediates the apical efflux of organic anions from hepatocytes, enterocytes, and renal epithelial cells, is postulated to undergo post-..
- ABCC2/Abcc2: a multispecific transporter with dominant excretory functionsKatalin Jemnitz
Chemical Research Center, Institute of Biomolecular Chemistry, HAS, Budapest, Hungary
Drug Metab Rev 42:402-36. 2010ABCC2/Abcc2 (MRP2/Mrp2) is expressed at major physiological barriers, such as the canalicular membrane of liver cells, kidney proximal tubule epithelial cells, enterocytes of the small and large intestine, and syncytiotrophoblast of the ..
- Expression and significance of tumor drug resistance related proteins and beta-catenin in esophageal squamous cell carcinomaSi Yuan Gan
Department of Pathology, Medical College, Jinan University, Guangzhou, Guangdong 510632, P R China
Chin J Cancer 29:300-5. 2010..We detected the expressions of beta-catenin and tumor drug resistance related proteins, MRP2, P-gp, and Bcl-2, in esophageal squamous cell carcinoma (ESCC) to explore their function and correlation in the ..
- Multidrug resistance-associated protein 2 determines the efficacy of cisplatin in patients with hepatocellular carcinomaPavel V Korita
Division of Molecular and Diagnostic Pathology, Niigata University Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Niigata 951 8510, Japan
Oncol Rep 23:965-72. 2010We hypothesized that expression of multidrug resistance-associated protein 2 (MRP2), a major cisplatin transporter, may determine the efficacy of cisplatin as a treatment for patients with hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC)...
- A nonsynonymous variation in MRP2/ABCC2 is associated with neurological adverse drug reactions of carbamazepine in patients with epilepsyWon Joo Kim
Departments of Pharmacology, Brain Korea 21 Project for Medical Sciences, Yonsei University College of Medicine, 134 Sinchon dong, Seoul, Korea
Pharmacogenet Genomics 20:249-56. 2010Multidrug resistance protein 2 (MRP2, ABCC2) is involved in the transport of antiepileptic drugs and is upregulated in the brain tissues of patients with epilepsy...
- Impact of ABCC2 haplotypes on transcriptional and posttranscriptional gene regulation and functionS Laechelt
Institute of Experimental and Clinical Pharmacology, University Hospital Schleswig Holstein, Campus Kiel, Kiel, Germany
Pharmacogenomics J 11:25-34. 2011ABCC2 (MRP2) is an important export pump, expressed at tissue barriers. The genetic variants -24C>T, 1249G>A and 3972C>T are leading to inter-individual differences of bioavailability of various endogenous and exogenous compounds...
- Association of ABCC2 polymorphisms with platinum-based chemotherapy response and severe toxicity in non-small cell lung cancer patientsBaohui Han
Department of Respiratory Disease, Shanghai Chest Hospital, Shanghai Jiaotong University, Shanghai 200030, China
Lung Cancer 72:238-43. 2011..Our results suggested that C-24T variants had an effect on treatment response and that C3972T had an effect on severe toxicities among platinum-treated non-small cell lung cancer patients...
- MRP2 and the handling of mercuric ions in rats exposed acutely to inorganic and organic species of mercuryChristy C Bridges
Mercer University School of Medicine, Division of Basic Medical Sciences, 1550 College St, Macon, GA 31207, USA
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 251:50-8. 2011..agents have been shown to promote extraction of mercuric ions via the multidrug resistance-associated protein 2 (MRP2)...
- Role of multidrug resistance protein 2 (MRP2) in chemoresistance and clinical outcome in oesophageal squamous cell carcinomaM Yamasaki
Department of Gastroenterological Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka University, 2 2 E2, Yamada oka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Br J Cancer 104:707-13. 2011Although multidrug resistance protein 2 (MRP2) confers chemoresistance in some cancer types, its implication on oesophageal squamous cell carcinoma (ESCC) remains unclear.
- Polymorphisms in drug transporter genes (ABCB1, SLCO1B1 and ABCC2) and hepatitis induced by antituberculosis drugsSang Hoon Kim
Department of Internal Medicine, Eulji University College of Medicine, Hagye dong 280 1, Nowon Gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Tuberculosis (Edinb) 92:100-4. 2012..The present results suggest that these drug transporters do not play important roles in the pathogenesis of ATD-induced hepatitis in Korean patients...
- Lack of association between ABCC2 gene variants and treatment response in epilepsyEva Hilger
Department of Clinical Neurology, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Pharmacogenomics 13:185-90. 2012The aim of this study was to replicate a previously reported association between drug resistance in epilepsy patients and the 24C>T variant of the ABCC2 gene that codes for the drug efflux transporter MRP2.
- Interindividual variability in hepatic expression of the multidrug resistance-associated protein 2 (MRP2/ABCC2): quantification by liquid chromatography/tandem mass spectrometryAnand K Deo
Department of Pharmaceutics, University of Washington, P O Box 357610, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Drug Metab Dispos 40:852-5. 2012Multidrug-associated protein 2 (MRP2) is an efflux transporter that is expressed at the bile canalicular membrane...
- ABCC2 polymorphisms and haplotype are associated with drug resistance in Chinese epileptic patientsJian Qu
Institute of Clinical Pharmacology, Hunan Key Laboratory of Pharmacogenetics, Central South University Xiangya School of Medicine, Changsha, China
CNS Neurosci Ther 18:647-51. 2012..The aims of this study were to evaluate the relationship between the genetic polymorphisms of ABCC2 and ABCB1 and the therapeutic efficacy of antiepileptic drugs (AEDs) in Chinese epileptic patients...
- Polymorphisms in the methotrexate transport pathway: a new tool for MTX plasma level prediction in pediatric acute lymphoblastic leukemiaElixabet Lopez-Lopez
Department of Genetics, Physical Anthropology and Animal Physiology, University of the Basque Country UPV EHU, Leioa, Spain
Pharmacogenet Genomics 23:53-61. 2013..The aim of the present study was to analyze in depth the role of polymorphisms in the genes of the MTX transport pathway as putative toxicity predictors in pediatric ALL...
- A human canalicular multispecific organic anion transporter (cMOAT) gene is overexpressed in cisplatin-resistant human cancer cell lines with decreased drug accumulationK Taniguchi
Department of Biochemistry, Kyushu University School of Medicine, Fukuoka, Japan
Cancer Res 56:4124-9. 1996..A human clone homologous to rat canalicular multispecific organic anion transporter (cMOAT) was found and designated human cMOAT...
- Association between ABCC2 gene haplotypes and tenofovir-induced proximal tubulopathyHassane Izzedine
Department of Nephrology, La Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris IV, 75013 Paris, France
J Infect Dis 194:1481-91. 2006..Tenofovir disoproxil fumarate (TDF) may induce renal proximal tubulopathy (rPT). There are no data on pharmacogenomic predictors of rPT in the genes encoding the multidrug-resistance protein (MRP) 2 and MRP4 transporters...
- Association between ABCC2 polymorphism and lopinavir accumulation in peripheral blood mononuclear cells of HIV-infected patientsLaure Elens
Louvain Center for Toxicology and Applied Pharmacology LTAP, Universite Catholique de Louvain, 53 02 Avenue E Mounier, 1200 Bruxelles, Belgium
Pharmacogenomics 10:1589-97. 2009....
- Multidrug resistance protein 2 genetic polymorphisms influence mycophenolic acid exposure in renal allograft recipientsMaarten Naesens
Department of Nephrology and Renal Transplantation, University Hospitals Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Transplantation 82:1074-84. 2006..MPAG is excreted into the bile via the multidrug resistance-associated protein 2 (MRP2/ABCC2), which is essential for enterohepatic (re)circulation (EHC) of MPA(G).
- Hepatic glutathione and glutathione S-conjugate transport mechanismsT K Lee
Department of Environmental Medicine, University of Rochester School of Medicine, New York 14642, USA
Yale J Biol Med 70:287-300. 1997..for the canalicular ATP-dependent transporter mrp2 (multidrug resistance-associated protein 2, also called cMOAT, the canalicular multispecific organic anion transporter, or cMrp, the canalicular isoform of mrp)...
- Isolation of MOAT-B, a widely expressed multidrug resistance-associated protein/canalicular multispecific organic anion transporter-related transporterK Lee
Division of Medical Sciences, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19111, USA
Cancer Res 58:2741-7. 1998Multidrug resistance-associated protein (MRP) and canalicular multispecific organic anion transporter (cMOAT) are closely related mammalian ATP-binding cassette transporters that export organic anions from cells...
- Hepatic expression of multidrug resistance-associated protein-like proteins maintained in eisai hyperbilirubinemic ratsT Hirohashi
Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113, Japan
Mol Pharmacol 53:1068-75. 1998..excretion of several organic anions is mediated by the canalicular multispecific organic anion transporter (cMOAT), which is hereditarily defective in mutant rats such as Eisai hyperbilirubinemic rats (EHBR)...
- Substrates and inhibitors of human multidrug resistance associated proteins and the implications in drug developmentShu Feng Zhou
Division of Chinese Medicine, School of Health Sciences, WHO Collaborating Center for Traditional Medicine, RMIT University, Victoria, Australia
Curr Med Chem 15:1981-2039. 2008..49 ATP-binding cassette (ABC) transporter genes and the multidrug resistance associated proteins (MRP1/ABCC1, MRP2/ABCC2, MRP3/ABCC3, MRP4/ABCC4, MRP5/ABCC5, MRP6/ABCC6, MRP7/ABCC10, MRP8/ABCC11 and MRP9/ABCC12) belong to the ABCC ..
- Increased renal expression of bilirubin glucuronide transporters in a rat model of obstructive jaundiceYuji Tanaka
Third Department of Internal Medicine, Mie University School of Medicine, 2 174 Edobashi, Tsu City, 514 8507, Japan
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 282:G656-62. 2002..Serum and urine were collected to measure bilirubin levels just before animal killing. MRP2 And MRP3 mRNA expressions were determined by real-time RT-PCR...
- Comparison of furosemide and vinblastine secretion from cell lines overexpressing multidrug resistance protein (P-glycoprotein) and multidrug resistance-associated proteins (MRP1 and MRP2)Shawn D Flanagan
Department of Biopharmaceutical Sciences, School of Pharmacy, University of California, San Francisco, Calif 94143 0446, USA
Pharmacology 64:126-34. 2002..This active secretion could be the result of efflux transporters such as P-gp, MRP1 or MRP2 (cMOAT)...
- Effect of multidrug resistance-reversing agents on transporting activity of human canalicular multispecific organic anion transporterZ S Chen
Department of Cancer Chemotherapy, Institute for Cancer Research, Faculty of Medicine, Kagoshima University, Sakuragaoka Kagoshima, Japan
Mol Pharmacol 56:1219-28. 1999The canalicular multispecific organic anion transporter (cMOAT), also termed MRP2, is a recently identified ATP-binding cassette transporter...
- Functional analysis of a canalicular multispecific organic anion transporter cloned from rat liverK Ito
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Tokyo, Japan
J Biol Chem 273:1684-8. 1998..across the bile canalicular membrane is mediated by the canalicular multispecific organic anion transporter (cMOAT). Previously, we cloned cDNA that may encode cMOAT from Sprague-Dawley rat liver (Ito, K., Suzuki, H...
- Multidrug resistance protein 2-mediated estradiol-17beta-D-glucuronide transport potentiation: in vitro-in vivo correlation and species specificityK Heredi-Szabo
SOLVO Biotechnology, Gyár u 2, Budaors, Hungary 2040
Drug Metab Dispos 37:794-801. 2009Multidrug resistance protein 2 (MRP2) is a multispecific organic anion transporter expressed at important pharmacological barriers, including the canalicular membrane of hepatocytes...
- Temocaprilat, a novel angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor, is excreted in bile via an ATP-dependent active transporter (cMOAT) that is deficient in Eisai hyperbilirubinemic mutant rats (EHBR)H Ishizuka
Analytical and Metabolic Research Laboratories, Sankyo Co, Ltd, Tokyo, Japan
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 280:1304-11. 1997..using mutant Eisai hyperbilirubinemic rats EHBR) whose canalicular multispecific organic anion transporter (cMOAT) is hereditarily defective. Biliary clearance of temocaprilat after i.v...
- Expression of gamma-glutamylcysteine synthetase (gamma-GCS) and multidrug resistance-associated protein (MRP), but not human canalicular multispecific organic anion transporter (cMOAT), genes correlates with exposure of human lung cancers to platinum drugT Oguri
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Hiroshima University School of Medicine, Japan
Br J Cancer 77:1089-96. 1998..multidrug resistance-associated protein (MRP) and human canalicular multispecific organic anion transporter (cMOAT) in human lung cancer specimens to elucidate their roles in relation to platinum drug resistance in vivo...
- Enhanced transport of anticancer agents and leukotriene C4 by the human canalicular multispecific organic anion transporter (cMOAT/MRP2)T Kawabe
Department of Biochemistry, Kyushu University School of Medicine, Fukuoka, Japan
FEBS Lett 456:327-31. 1999We established stable human canalicular multispecific organic anion transporter (cMOAT/MRP2) cDNA transfectants, CHO/cMOAT from non-polarized Chinese hamster ovary (CHO)-K1 and LLC/cMOAT from polarized pig kidney epithelial LLC-PK1...
- MOAT-E (ARA) is a full-length MRP/cMOAT subfamily transporter expressed in kidney and liverM G Belinsky
Division of Medical Sciences, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA 19111, USA
Br J Cancer 80:1342-9. 1999Multidrug resistance-associated protein (MRP) and the canalicular multispecific organic anion transporter (cMOAT) are organic anion pumps that have been linked to cytotoxic drug resistance...
- Modulation of the intracellular accumulation of saquinavir in peripheral blood mononuclear cells by inhibitors of MRP1, MRP2, P-gp and BCRPOmar Janneh
Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, The University of Liverpool, UK
AIDS 19:2097-102. 2005....
- Modulation of trabectedin (ET-743) hepatobiliary disposition by multidrug resistance-associated proteins (Mrps) may prevent hepatotoxicityJin Kyung Lee
School of Pharmacy, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7360, USA
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 228:17-23. 2008..The role of multidrug resistance-associated protein 2 (Mrp2; Abcc2) in trabectedin hepatic disposition also was examined...
- MRP3, an organic anion transporter able to transport anti-cancer drugsM Kool
Division of Molecular Biology and Center of Biomedical Genetics, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Plesmanlaan 121, 1066 CX Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96:6914-9. 1999..protein (MRP) gene family contains at least six members: MRP1, encoding the multidrug-resistance protein; MRP2 or cMOAT, encoding the canalicular multispecific organic anion transporter; and four homologs, called MRP3, MRP4, MRP5, and ..
- Involvement of an organic anion transporter (canalicular multispecific organic anion transporter/multidrug resistance-associated protein 2) in gastrointestinal secretion of glutathione conjugates in ratsY Gotoh
Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, The University of Tokyo, Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, Japan
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 292:433-9. 2000We investigated the role of cMOAT/MRP2 (canalicular multispecific organic anion transporter/multidrug resistance-associated protein 2) in the intestinal secretion of organic anions by comparing the behavior in Sprague-Dawley (SD) rats ..
- Analysis of expression of cMOAT (MRP2), MRP3, MRP4, and MRP5, homologues of the multidrug resistance-associated protein gene (MRP1), in human cancer cell linesM Kool
Division of Molecular Biology, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Amsterdam
Cancer Res 57:3537-47. 1997..have identified three new homologues of MRP1, the gene encoding the multidrug resistance-associated protein, and cMOAT (or MRP2), the canalicular multispecific organic anion transporter gene...
- Regulation of organic anion transport in the liverH Roelofsen
Department of Internal Medicine, University Hospital, Groningen, The Netherlands
Yale J Biol Med 70:435-45. 1997..Organic anion transport, mediated by the canalicular multispecific organic anion transporter (cmoat), has been extensively studied...
- Characterization of MOAT-C and MOAT-D, new members of the MRP/cMOAT subfamily of transporter proteinsM G Belinsky
Division of Medical Sciences, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA 19111, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 90:1735-41. 1998Multidrug resistance-associated protein (MRP) and canalicular multispecific organic anion transporter (cMOAT) are transporter proteins that pump organic anions across cellular membranes and have been linked to resistance to cytotoxic ..
- Kinetic analysis of the primary active transport of conjugated metabolites across the bile canalicular membrane: comparative study of S-(2,4-dinitrophenyl)-glutathione and 6-hydroxy-5,7-dimethyl-2-methylamino-4-(3-pyridylmethyl)benzothiazole glucuronideK Niinuma
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Tokyo, Bunkyo ku, Japan
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 282:866-72. 1997..rat (EHBR) is a mutant strain with a hereditary defect in canalicular multispecific organic anion transporter (cMOAT)...
- Human canalicular multispecific organic anion transporter (cMOAT) is expressed in human lung, gastric, and colorectal cancer cellsF Narasaki
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Nagasaki University School of Medicine, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 240:606-11. 1997Human canalicular multispecific organic anion transporter (cMOAT), a glutathione conjugate membrane transporter, has been isolated from cisplatin-resistant cancer cells and is distributed mainly in normal liver...
- Isolation of a novel human canalicular multispecific organic anion transporter, cMOAT2/MRP3, and its expression in cisplatin-resistant cancer cells with decreased ATP-dependent drug transportT Uchiumi
Department of Biochemistry, Kyushu University School of Medicine, Fukuoka, Maidashi, 812 8582, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 252:103-10. 1998..We previously isolated a canalicular multispecific organic anion transporter, cMOAT1/MRP2, that belongs to the ATP binding cassette (ABC) superfamily, which is specifically expressed in liver, and cMOAT1/..
- Up-regulation of the multidrug resistance genes, Mrp1 and Mdr1b, and down-regulation of the organic anion transporter, Mrp2, and the bile salt transporter, Spgp, in endotoxemic rat liverT A Vos
Groningen Institute for Drug Studies, University Center for Pharmacy, University Hospital Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Hepatology 28:1637-44. 1998Endotoxin-induced cholestasis is mainly caused by an impaired canalicular secretion. Mrp2, the canalicular multispecific organic anion transporter, is strongly down-regulated in this situation, and canalicular bile salt secretion is also ..
- Expression of human MRP6, a homologue of the multidrug resistance protein gene MRP1, in tissues and cancer cellsM Kool
Division of Molecular Biology, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Amsterdam
Cancer Res 59:175-82. 1999..protein (MRP) family contains at least six members: MRP1, the gene encoding the multidrug resistance protein; cMOAT or MRP2, encoding the canalicular multispecific organic anion transporter; and four homologues, called MRP3, MRP4, ..
- Characterization of the human multidrug resistance protein isoform MRP3 localized to the basolateral hepatocyte membraneJ Konig
Division of Tumor Biochemistry, Deutsches Krebsforschungszentrum, Heidelberg, Germany
Hepatology 29:1156-63. 1999..by the apical MRP isoform, MRP2 (APMRP), also known as canalicular multispecific organic anion transporter (cMOAT)...
- Absence of R1066X mutation in six Japanese patients with Dubin-Johnson syndromeT Kagawa
Department of Internal Medicine, School of Medicine, Tokai University, Isehara, Japan
Biochem Mol Biol Int 47:639-44. 1999..is thought to be caused by the impaired expression of the canalicular multispecific organic anion transporter (cMOAT), which transports non-bile salt organic anions into the bile...
- Trandolaprilat, an angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor, is not excreted in bile via an ATP-dependent active transporter (cMOAT)H Shionoiri
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Yokohama City University School of Medicine, Japan
Hypertens Res 24:235-40. 2001..excreted in bile via an ATP-dependent active transporter (canalicular multispecific organic anion transporter: cMOAT)...
- Expression of drug resistance genes in VP-16 and mAMSA-selected human carcinoma cellsY Matsumoto
Department of Neurological Surgery, Kagawa Medical University, Miki cho, Kita gun, Kagawa 761 0793, Japan
Jpn J Cancer Res 92:778-84. 2001..increased expression of MDR-associated protein (MRP) and canalicular multispecific organic anion transporter (cMOAT) was observed, and when the relative levels of overexpression were compared, a high correlation was found...
- A potential Dubin-Johnson syndrome imaging agent: synthesis, biodistribution, and microPET imagingJeongsoo Yoo
Mallinckrodt Institute of Radiology, Washington University School of Medicine, 510 South Kingshighway Boulevard, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Mol Imaging 4:18-29. 2005..syndrome (DJS) is caused by a deficiency of the human canalicular multispecific organic anion transporter (cMOAT)...
- A new mutation of the ATP-binding cassette, sub-family C, member 2 (ABCC2) gene in a Japanese patient with Dubin-Johnson syndromeGenshu Tate
Department of Surgical Pathology, Showa University Fujigaoka Hospital, Aoba ku, Yokohama, Japan
Genes Genet Syst 77:117-21. 2002..hyperbilirubinemia and is caused by mutations of the canalicular multispecific organic anion transporter (cMOAT)/ multidrug resistance protein 2 (MRP2)/ ATP-binding cassette, sub-family C, member 2 (ABCC2) gene...
- Gender-related differences in expression and function of hepatic P-glycoprotein and multidrug resistance-associated protein (Mrp2) in ratsTatsuya Suzuki
Department of Medical Technology, Nagoya University School of Health Sciences, Daikominami, Higashi ku, Nagoya 461 8673, Japan
Life Sci 79:455-61. 2006..exist in the expression and function of hepatic P-glycoprotein- and/or multidrug resistance-associated protein (Mrp2), we measured the hepatobiliary excretion of doxorubicin and their protein levels in male and female Sprague-Dawley ..
- Alteration of the expression of adenosine triphosphate-binding cassette transporters associated with bile acid and cholesterol transport in the rat liver and intestine during cholestasisToshinori Kamisako
Department of Hygiene, Kinki University School of Medicine, Osakasayama, Japan
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 20:1429-34. 2005Multidrug resistance protein 2 (Mrp2), Mrp3, adenosine triphosphate-binding cassette transporter g5 (Abcg5) and adenosine triphosphate-binding cassette transporter g8 (Abcg8) have been identified as bile acid or cholesterol transporter in ..
- Inhibition of multi-drug resistance of ovarian carcinoma by small interfering RNA targeting to MRP2 geneJia jia Ma
Department of Obstetric and Gynecology, Xijing Hospital, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an, 710033, China
Arch Gynecol Obstet 279:149-57. 2009..To investigate the inhibiting mechanism of multi-drug resistance (MDR) using expression vectors of short hairpin RNA (shRNA) in a MDR human ovarian cancer cell line (A2780/cp70)...
- Two branched polar groups and polar linker moieties of thiophene amide derivatives are essential for MRP2/ABCC2 recognitionYiding Hu
Pfizer, Inc, Eastern Point Road, Groton, CT 06340, USA
Drug Metab Lett 4:254-61. 2010..rings forming a three-dimensional conformation is the determinant factor for multi-drug resistance protein 2 (Mrp2/Abcc2) interaction ...
- Structural requirements for the flavonoid-mediated modulation of glutathione S-transferase P1-1 and GS-X pump activity in MCF7 breast cancer cellsJelmer J van Zanden
Division of Toxicology, Wageningen University, PO Box 8000, 6700 EA, Wageningen, The Netherlands
Biochem Pharmacol 67:1607-17. 2004..requirements necessary for inhibition of glutathione S-transferase P1-1 (GSTP1-1) and GS-X pump (MRP1 and MRP2) activity by structurally related flavonoids, in GSTP1-1 transfected MCF7 cells (pMTG5)...
- Effects of fibrates on human organic anion-transporting polypeptide 1B1-, multidrug resistance protein 2- and P-glycoprotein-mediated transportM Yamazaki
Department of Drug Metabolism, Merck Research Laboratories, West Point, PA 19846, USA
Xenobiotica 35:737-53. 2005..on human organic anion transporting-polypeptide 1B1 (OATP2, OATP-C, SLC21A6), multidrug resistance protein 2 (MRP2/ABCC2) and MDR1-type P-glycoprotein (P-gp/ABCB1) were examined in vitro...
- Retrieval of the rat canalicular conjugate export pump Mrp2 is associated with a rearrangement of actin filaments and radixin in bile salt-induced cholestasisDaniel Rost
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Universitätsklinik Heidelberg, Germany
Eur J Med Res 13:314-8. 2008..The events leading to cholestasis are incompletely understood. The canalicular conjugate export pump Mrp2 is the major driving force for the bile salt-independent bile flow...
- Influence of inoculum density on population dynamics and dauer juvenile yields in liquid culture of biocontrol nematodes Steinernema carpocapsae and S. feltiae (Nematoda: Rhabditida)Ayako Hirao
Institute for Phytopathology, Department for Biotechnology and Biological Control, Christian Albrechts University Kiel, Hermann Rodewald Strasse 9, Kiel, Germany
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 85:507-15. 2010..of the initial nematode inoculum density on population development and final concentration of dauer juveniles (DJs) was investigated. Symbiotic bacterial cultures are pre-incubated for 1 day prior to inoculation of DJs...
- The synthesis and characterization of cellular membrane affinity chromatography columns for the study of human multidrug resistant proteins MRP1, MRP2 and human breast cancer resistant protein BCRP using membranes obtained from Spodoptera frugiperda (Sf9)Prateek A Bhatia
National Institute on Aging, National Institutes of Health, Biomedical Research Center, Baltimore, MD 21224 6825, USA
Talanta 81:1477-81. 2010..affinity chromatography columns) have been developed for the study of the human multidrug transporters MRP1, MRP2 and the breast cancer resistance protein (BCRP)...
- Contribution of multidrug resistance protein 2 (MRP2/ABCC2) to the renal excretion of p-aminohippurate (PAH) and identification of MRP4 (ABCC4) as a novel PAH transporterPascal H E Smeets
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Nijmegen Centre for Molecular Life Sciences, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, The Netherlands
J Am Soc Nephrol 15:2828-35. 2004..The multidrug resistance protein 2 (MRP2/ABCC2) is localized to the apical membrane and mediates ATP-dependent PAH transport, but its contribution to ..
- Upregulation of brain expression of P-glycoprotein in MRP2-deficient TR(-) rats resembles seizure-induced up-regulation of this drug efflux transporter in normal ratsKatrin Hoffmann
Department of Pharmacology, Toxicology, and Pharmacy, University of Veterinary Medicine, Hannover, Germany
Epilepsia 48:631-45. 2007The multidrug resistance protein 2 (MRP2) is a drug efflux transporter that is expressed predominantly at the apical domain of hepatocytes but seems also to be expressed at the apical membrane of brain capillary endothelial cells that ..
- Effect of genipin on cholestasis induced by estradiol-17beta-glucuronide and lithocholate-3-O-glucuornide in ratsHideaki Goto
Department of Medicine, Teikyo University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Hepatol Res 40:524-9. 2010Aim: Genipin is reported to stimulate the insertion of multidrug resistance protein 2 (Mrp2) in the bile canalicular membrane, thereby causing choleresis by the increased the biliary excretion of glutathione, which has been considered to ..
- Translational regulation of rat multidrug resistance-associated protein 2 expression is mediated by upstream open reading frames in the 5' untranslated regionYuanyuan Zhang
Graduate Center for Toxicology, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 40536 0305, USA
Mol Pharmacol 71:377-83. 2007Multidrug resistance-associated protein 2 (Mrp2/Abcc2), an organic anion transporter present in the apical membrane of hepatocytes, renal epithelial cells, and enterocytes, is postulated to undergo translational regulation...
- Tauroursodeoxycholic acid inserts the apical conjugate export pump, Mrp2, into canalicular membranes and stimulates organic anion secretion by protein kinase C-dependent mechanisms in cholestatic rat liverU Beuers
Department of Medicine II, Klinikum Grosshadern, University of Munich, Munich, Germany
Hepatology 33:1206-16. 2001..bile flow, hepatobiliary exocytosis, distribution of PKC isoforms, and density of the apical conjugate export pump, Mrp2, in canalicular membranes...
- Involvement of multidrug resistance-associated protein 2 (Abcc2) in molecular weight-dependent biliary excretion of beta-lactam antibioticsYukio Kato
Division of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Graduate School of Natural Science and Technology, Kanazawa University, Kakuma machi, Kanazawa 920 1192, Japan
Drug Metab Dispos 36:1088-96. 2008..rats, which are genetically deficient in multidrug resistance-associated protein (Mrp) 2, indicating that Mrp2 plays a major role as an efflux transporter on the canalicular membranes...
- Hepatobiliary disposition of 3alpha,6alpha,7alpha,12alpha-tetrahydroxy-cholanoyl taurine: a substrate for multiple canalicular transportersVandana Megaraj
University of Kentucky, Graduate Center for Toxicology, Lexington, KY 40536 0305, USA
Drug Metab Dispos 38:1723-30. 2010..We investigated mouse Mrp2 (mMrp2) and P-glycoprotein [(P-gp) mMdr1a]-mediated transport of a tetrahydroxy bile acid, 6α-OH-taurocholic acid (..
- Protein kinase Cdelta mediates cyclic adenosine monophosphate-stimulated translocation of sodium taurocholate cotransporting polypeptide and multidrug resistant associated protein 2 in rat hepatocytesChristopher M Schonhoff
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Tufts Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine, North Grafton, MA 01536, USA
Hepatology 47:1309-16. 2008..of Na(+)-taurocholate (TC) cotransporting polypeptide (Ntcp) and multidrug resistant associated protein 2 (Mrp2) to the plasma membrane...
- Tauroursodeoxycholic acid exerts anticholestatic effects by a cooperative cPKC alpha-/PKA-dependent mechanism in rat liverR Wimmer
Department of Medicine II, Klinikum Grosshadern, University of Munich, Germany
Gut 57:1448-54. 2008..We tested whether protein kinase A (PKA) might contribute to the anticholestatic action of TUDCA via cooperative cPKC alpha-/PKA-dependent mechanisms in taurolithocholic acid (TLCA)-induced cholestasis...
- Localization of multidrug resistance-associated protein 2 in the nonpigmented ciliary epithelium of the eyeRyan M Pelis
Department of Physiology, University of Arizona, College of Medicine, Tucson, Arizona, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 329:479-85. 2009..such as methotrexate, vincristine, and etoposide, are substrates of the multidrug resistance-associated protein 2 (MRP2)...
- Regulation of Hepatic Excretion of Xenobiotics by MrpsCurtis D Klaassen; Fiscal Year: 2010..Nrf2-responsive sequences, known as electrophile response elements (EpREs), in the 5'flanking regions of the Mrp2, 3, and 4 genes...
- Effect of nutritional status on MRP2 expression and biliary excretion of bisphenoAngela L Slitt; Fiscal Year: 2012..The purpose of this project is to determine whether nutrition affects mechanisms involved in the liver's ability to uptake and clear environmental chemicals from the body. ..
- TRANSPORT CHARACTERISTICS OF PEPTIDE MIMETICSRONALD BORCHARDT; Fiscal Year: 2003..g., multidrug resistance associated protein (MDR1) and multidrug resistance associated proteins (MRP1, MRP2))...
- Molecular Targeting of Drug Delivery System to CancerTamara Minko; Fiscal Year: 2010..drug (doxorubicin);(3) suppressor of pump drug resistance (antisense oligonucleotides or siRNA targeted to MRP1 and MRP2 proteins);(4) suppressor of nonpump cellular resistance (antisense oligonucleotides or siRNA targeted to the BCL2 ..
- Functions of MRP2 and MRP3 in Drug DispositionJames M Gallo; Fiscal Year: 2011..Recently MRP2 and MRP3, two ABC transporters that are members of the MRP family of drug efflux pumps, have been implicated in ..
- Excessive Copper Levels Disrupt Hepatic Nuclear Receptor FunctionClavia Ruth Wooton-Kee; Fiscal Year: 2011..pump (Bsep, Abcb11) and glutathione conjugated- compound transport (multidrug resistance-associated protein 2 (Mrp2, Abcc2))...
- MECHANISM OF CANALICULAR BILE FORMATION AND CHOLESTASISMOHAMMED SAWKAT ANWER; Fiscal Year: 2010..aPKCz, Rab4 and phosphorylation in Ntcp translocation and started defining the role of nPKCd, nPKCe and p38 MAPK in Mrp2 translocation...
- Michael H Nathanson; Fiscal Year: 2014..are secreted across the canalicular membrane by the bile salt export pump BSEP and the organic anion transporter MRP2, respectively...
- MOHAMMED SAWKAT ANWER; Fiscal Year: 2014..aPKC , Rab4 and phosphorylation in Ntcp translocation and started defining the role of nPKC , nPKC and p38 MAPK in Mrp2 translocation...
- JAMES LORENZEN BOYER; Fiscal Year: 2016..functional roles of interacting proteins involved in maintaining canalicular apical membrane structural polarity of Mrp2. AIM #3: Comparative studies of bile acid transport in marine vertebrates...
- Function of the MRP FamilyGary D Kruh; Fiscal Year: 2010MRP1 and MRP2, founding members of the MRP family, are involved in cellular resistance to anticancer agents and drug disposition in the body. Studies in our laboratory and others now indicate that the MRP family extends to 9 members...
- Function of the MRP FamilyJames M Gallo; Fiscal Year: 2013MRP1 and MRP2, founding members of the MRP family, are involved in cellular resistance to anticancer agents and drug disposition in the body. Studies in our laboratory and others now indicate that the MRP family extends to 9 members...
- ALTERED HEPATIC DISPOSITION OF ANIONIC DRUGS-MECHANISMSKIM BROUWER; Fiscal Year: 2009..isolated perfused livers from wild-type and transport protein-deficient rodents, an in vivo human protocol using an MRP2 imaging agent as a phenotypic probe to assess hepatic drug transport interactions, and pharmacokinetic modeling/..
- Kim L R Brouwer; Fiscal Year: 2016..isolated perfused livers from wild-type and transport protein-deficient rodents, an in vivo human protocol using an MRP2 imaging agent as a phenotypic probe to assess hepatic drug transport interactions, and pharmacokinetic modeling/..
- HIV RESISTANCE AND TREATMENT STRATEGIESRICHARD D AQUILA; Fiscal Year: 2007..be characterized whether ATP-binding cassette transporters for PI-efflux (Pgp (ABCB 1, MDR1), MRP 1 (ABCC1), and/or MRP2 (ABCC2)), nucleoside influx (OAT1, OAT3, and OAT4, CNT-1 and-2, and ENTs), and nucleoside efflux (MRP4 (ABCC4), ..
- Combined use of green tea and quercetin in prostate cancerSUSANNE MARGARETE HENNING; Fiscal Year: 2012..Therefore we will also determine protein and gene expression of MRP1 and MRP2 in tumor tissue...
- SUSANNE MARGARETE HENNING; Fiscal Year: 2014..is a natural inhibitor of catechol-O-methyltransferase (COMT) and multidrug resistance transport proteins (MRP1 and MRP2)...
- The Hepatoprotective Role of the Orphan Nuclear Receptor LXRWen Xie; Fiscal Year: 2010..Promoter analysis suggested that SULT2A9, GST M1, and MRP2 are transcriptional targets of LXR...
- Swati Nagar; Fiscal Year: 2016..These drugs are substrates for P-gp, BCRP, MRP2, and OATP1B1. 2) Characterize the in situ and in vivo disposition properties of a diverse set of 30 drugs...
- Molecular Organization or Renal Organic Anion TransportStephen H Wright; Fiscal Year: 2010..e., OAT1 and OAT3) and two distinct luminal transporters (i.e., MRP2 and MRP4)...
- HEPATIC DRUG TRANSPORTERS IN DRUG DISPOSITIONDan Roden; Fiscal Year: 2006..Aim 2, to better understand the interplay between OATP-mediated drug uptake versus P-glycoprotein (MDR1) or MRP2 (cMOAT)-mediated drug efflux, studies are proposed on the creation of model cell lines expressing an OATP transporter ..
- Cytoskeletal Linking Proteins in Liver FunctionR Brian Doctor; Fiscal Year: 2006..g. multi-drug resistance protein 2; mrp2) and cholangiocytes (e.g. cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator; CFTR) is regulated through cAMP...
- HEPATIC DRUG ELIMINATION IN PREGNANCYMary Vore; Fiscal Year: 2007unreadable] DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): This proposal focuses on the function and expression of MRP2 (ABCC2), the ABC transporter that mediates the biliary excretion of glucuronide and glutathione conjugates from the hepatocyte ..
- HEPATIC DRUG ELIMINATION IN PREGNANCYMary Vore; Fiscal Year: 2010This proposal focuses on the function and expression of MRP2 (ABCC2), the ABC transporter that mediates the biliary excretion of glucuronide and glutathione conjugates from the hepatocyte into bile...
- Beth A McCormick; Fiscal Year: 2016..efflux transport system located at the apical surface of the intestinal epithelia that involves the ABC transporter MRP2. We also revealed that induction of intestinal inflammation corresponds to a profound up-regulation of the apical ..
- Kathleen M Egan; Fiscal Year: 2014..SLC11A2), biotransformation (GCLC, GCLM), distribution (MT1A, MT1M, MT2A, MT4, MTF1), and elimination (MRP1, MRP2) of MeHg;and 3) Evaluate associations of toenail MeHg and mercury metabolism genotypes with glioma risk and patient ..
- Pharmacokinetic and Pharmacogenomic Determinants of Cisplatin Kidney InjuryMelanie S Joy; Fiscal Year: 2013..we intend to demonstrate that genetic variants in kidney transporters (OCT2/SLC22A2, MATE1/SLC47A1, and MRP2/ABCC2), glutathione metabolizing enzymes (Glutathione-S-transferases, e.g...
- Ming Hu; Fiscal Year: 2016..e., sulfotransferases and UDP-glucuronosyltransferases) and efflux transporters (e.g., BCRP and MRP2)...
- MRP2, BSEP, and BCRP Transporter Polymorphisms and Chemotherapy DispositionRICHARD HSINSHIN HO; Fiscal Year: 2011..The overall scientific goal of this proposal is to establish the associations between functional polymorphisms in MRP2, BSEP, and BCRP drug efflux transporters and modulation of chemotherapeutic disposition...
- Glutathione S-Transferases and Oxidative StressWilliam M Atkins; Fiscal Year: 2011..In conjunction with these aims, the stereoselectivity of the glutathione conjugate (GS-X) transporters MRP2 and RLIP76 will be determined and compared to GSTA4-4...
- Neonatal Phototherapy / Bilirubin ExcretionDAVID LIGHTNER; Fiscal Year: 2007..of bilirubin controls its transhepatic transport, intracellular partitioning, glucuronidation and ABC-cassette MRP2-assisted canalicular secretion, and to lead to improved and safer methods of treatment for severe unconjugated ..
- Protective Role of Mrp2 During Chemotherapy-Induced Kidney InjuryLauren M Aleksunes; Fiscal Year: 2011..antineoplastic efficacy of cisplatin, Preliminary data demonstrate that mice lacking the renal drug transporter Mrp2 have an increased susceptibility to cisplatin nephrotoxicity...
- Expression of MRP2 and OCTI Transporters in the KidneyJOHN WELBORN; Fiscal Year: 2001..The MRP isoform expressed in the kidney, and also in liver hepatocytes, is called MRP2 (also called cMOAT)...
- RENAL TRANSPORT OF ORGANIC CHELATORS OF HEAVY METALSStephen Wright; Fiscal Year: 2004..renal organic anion transporter); OAT-K2 (a renal homologue of the organic anion transporting polypeptide); and Mrp2 (the apical membrane homologue of the family of multidrug resistance-associated transport proteins)...
- CYCLIC PRODRUGS OF OPIOID PEPTIDESRONALD BORCHARDT; Fiscal Year: 2007..However, these cyclic prodrugs were shown to exhibit substrate activity for efflux transporters (e.g. MDR1, MRP2) which restrict their permeation across the intestinal mucosa and the blood-brain barrier...
- ONTOGENY OF HEPATIC ION TRANSPORTFrederick Suchy; Fiscal Year: 2007..Finally, the development of the canalicular multi specific organic anion transporter (cMOAT/Mrp1) will be defined including a correlation of transport activity in canalicular membrane vesicles with levels ..
- Youth, Technology, and the Proliferation of Drug UseDANIEL MURGUIA; Fiscal Year: 2002..The Internet has been a primary site of communication about rave parties, DJs, and artists...
- Toxicological Relevance of Human GST P1-1 PolymorphismShivendra Singh; Fiscal Year: 2005..is dependent upon chemical structure of the diol epoxides, and that the expression of GSH-conjugate transporter MRP2 enhances the protection afforded by hGSTPI-I...
- TRANSLATIONAL CORRELATES OF AN EPOTHILONE B ANALOGSusan Horwitz; Fiscal Year: 2001..2. To investigate MDR1, MRP and cMOAT mRNA and protein expression as prognosticators of tumor response to BMS-247550. 3...
- Degradation of ABC transporters in genetic liver diseaseLin Wang; Fiscal Year: 2006..retention and subsequent degradation of the bile salt export pump (BSEP) and the multidrug resistance protein 2 (MRP2) by proteasomes...
- Biology of Mercapturic Acid Mediated NephrotoxicityAlexander Pushkin; Fiscal Year: 2009..the complex of AAIII and AAIIIBP formed a transport metabolon with the multi-drug resistance associated protein 2 (Mrp2) thereby increasing the transport of mercapturates via Mrp2...
- MECHANISMS OF BILE SECRETION AND CHOLESTASISJames Boyer; Fiscal Year: 2007..we will examine the role of nuclear transcription factors in adaptive responses of several ABC transporters, Mrp2, Mrp3 and Bsep and the influence of cytokines on this process...
- MRP 2 (CMOAT) EXPRESSION IN HEPATOCELLULAR PROLIFERATIONJOSE MANAUTOU; Fiscal Year: 2000..canalicular ATP-dependent efflux pump for organic anions known as MRP-2, alternatively known as canalicular MRP (cMRP) or c MOAT...
- PI KINASES, CANALICULAR TRANSPORTERS AND CHOLESTASISIRWIN ARIAS; Fiscal Year: 2003..and regulation of intracellular trafficking of the ATP-dependent canalicular transporters spgp (taurocholate), mrp2 (nonbile acid organic anions), mdr1 (organic cations), mdr3 (phosphatidylcholine translocase) and newly described ..
- Multiplex Screening for ABC Transporter InhibitorsRichard Larson; Fiscal Year: 2007..gene products, including ABCB1 (P-glycoprotein, MDR-1), multidrug resistance protein ABCC1 (MRP1), ABCC2 (MRP2, cMOAT), and ABCG2 (BCRP, MXR, ABCP) have been described and been shown to influence oral absorption and disposition of a ..
- Assessment and Referral Technologies in Juvenile JusticeFaye Taxman; Fiscal Year: 2009..the University of Maryland, College Park (UMCP) in partnership with the Maryland Department of Juvenile Services (DJS), are proposing to test the effectiveness of a new protocol aimed at increasing use of substance abuse treatment ..
- AS-GSH CONJUGATION LIMITS AS AVAILABILITY & TOXICITYMichael Lieberman; Fiscal Year: 2004..Other preliminary data using multidrug resistance-associated protein 2 (MRP2)-deficient rats have shown that As excretion into bile is dependent on this gene...
- GENETIC DETERMINANTS OF CHOLESTEROL GALLSTONES IN MICEBeverly Paigen; Fiscal Year: 2005..Identifying the full range of QTLs that lead to gallstone disease in the mouse will position the field of cholesterol gallstone research to take advantage of the large genomic sequencing efforts currently underway. ..
- Role of MRP2 and MRP4 in renal organic anion excretionRYAN PELIS; Fiscal Year: 2007..proposal make use of cloned proteins isolated in model cell systems, and are designed to test the hypothesis that MRP2 and MRP4, both of which are localized to the apical membrane of RPT cells, contribute to the secretion of OAs ..
- Role of Multidrug Resistance Proteins 2 and/or 4, and DMPS and DMSA in the RenalCHRISTY BRIDGES; Fiscal Year: 2008..Therefore, the purpose of the current proposal is to test the hypothesis that MRP2, and/or MPR4, play a role in the DMPS- and DMSA-mediated elimination of CH3Hg+ and Hg2+ from the kidney...
- MECHANISMS FOR RENAL UPTAKE OF MERCURYCHRISTY BRIDGES; Fiscal Year: 2005..These studies are important in that they will determine the exact mechanisms that participate in the transport of mercury across the plasma membranes of the proximal tubular cells. ..
- METHYLMERCURY TRANSPORT ACROSS CELL MEMBRANESNazzareno Ballatori; Fiscal Year: 2005..Evaluate the molecular mechanism by which NAC stimulates renal excretion of MeHg. IV. Test the hypothesis that urinary excretion of MeHg following an NAC oral challenge may be used as a new biomarker of MeHg exposure. ..
- Analysis of the Yeast MRP Subfamily of ABC TransportersCHRISTIAN PAUMI; Fiscal Year: 2007..Overall, our analysis may suggest more effective therapies for MRP- based diseases (e.g. DJS, PXE, cystic fibrosis) and/or aid in reducing damage from environmental toxins.
- FUNCTIONS OF THE HEPATIC GAMMA-GLUTAMYL CYCLENazzareno Ballatori; Fiscal Year: 2007..2) Characterize the mechanism of GSH transport by rat Mrp2, compare this mechanism with that for GSH transport by Ycf1p, the yeast orthologue of Mrp2, and test the hypothesis ..
- Bilirubin and Photobilirubin: Metabolism & ExretionAntony McDonagh; Fiscal Year: 2005..To investigate the mechanisms of bilirubin glucuronidation and the role of the canalicular membrane transporter Mrp2 in the biliary efflux of organic anions and glucuronides using novel synthetic di and tetrapyrroles as molecular ..
- Dietary Isothiocyanates in Cancer Prevention: Effects of Estrogen MetabolismMarilyn Morris; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- METALLOTHIONEIN, MERCURY AND MONOCYTE ACTIVATIONRUDOLFS ZALUPS; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- TRANSPORT AND TOXICITY OF MERCURY IN THE NEPHRONRUDOLFS ZALUPS; Fiscal Year: 2006..to date, of the mechanisms involved in the uptake of inorganic mercuric ions along pars recta segments of the proximal tubule, which are the segments of the nephron most vulnerable to the nephrotoxic effects of mercury ..
- MERCURY NEPHROTOXICITY AFTER A REDUCTION OF RENAL MASSRUDOLFS ZALUPS; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- HORMONAL REGULATION OF BILE FLOWFrancis Simon; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- FLAVONOID BIOAVAILABILITY IN HUMANS-CELLULAR STUDIESThomas Walle; Fiscal Year: 2005..In Specific Aim 1 we will determine the interrelationships between SGLT1 and MRP2, including mechanisms involved, in the enterocyte absorption of flavonoid glycosides and the tea flavonoids, two ..
- Protective Role of Mrp2 During Chemotherapy-Induced Kidney InjuryLAUREN ALEKSUNES; Fiscal Year: 2008..Preliminary data demonstrate that mice lacking the renal drug transporter Mrp2 have an increased susceptibility to cisplatin nephrotoxicity...
- Structural studies on the P1 plasmid partition apparatusMaria Schumacher; Fiscal Year: 2009....