Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MRAS
Description: muscle RAS oncogene homolog
Alias: M-RAs, R-RAS3, RRAS3, ras-related protein M-Ras, muscle and microspikes RAS, ras-related protein R-Ras3
Publications167 found, 100 shown here
- Determination of quantitative food consumption levels for use in microbial risk assessments: cheddar cheese as an exampleGyung Jin Bahk
Department of Food Industry Development, Korea Health Industry Development Institute, Seoul 156 800, Korea
J Food Prot 70:184-93. 2007..it has been redesigned and that the data were sufficiently updated from previous versions to have more value for MRAs. We propose a model that can effectively use the new data sets and be incorporated into MRAs, using as an example ..
- New susceptibility locus for coronary artery disease on chromosome 3q22.3Jeanette Erdmann
Medizinische Klinik II, Universitat zu Lubeck, 23538 Lubeck, Germany
Nat Genet 41:280-2. 2009..We identified one new CAD risk locus on 3q22.3 in MRAS (P = 7.44 x 10(-13); OR = 1.15, 95% CI = 1.11-1.19), and suggestive association with a locus on 12q24...
- [Fabry disease in light of recent review]Eiichiro Uyama
Department of Neurology, Kumamoto Takumadai Hospital, 1 14 27 Onoue, Kumamotoshi, Kumamoto 862 0913, Japan
Brain Nerve 60:1235-44. 2008..In Caucasian patients, elongated, ectatic, and tortuous vertebral and basilar arteries are frequently observed on MRAs. Life-threatening megadolichobasilar anomaly with thrombosis has been identified in a large Hungarian family in ..
- Traumatically induced vertebral artery occlusion associated with cervical spine injuries: prospective study using magnetic resonance angiographyHiroshi Taneichi
Center for Spinal Disorder and Injury, Bibai Rosai Hospital, Bibai, Japan
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 30:1955-62. 2005..A prospective study using magnetic resonance angiography (MRA) on a consecutive cohort of patients with cervical spine injuries...
- Muscarinic receptor antagonism at the spinal cord level causes inhibitory effects on male rat sexual behaviorLisbeth E Gómez-Martínez
Departamento de Recursos del Mar, CINVESTAV, Km 6, Carretera Antigua a Progreso, Cordemex 97310, A P 73, Merida, Yuc, Mexico
Behav Brain Res 203:247-55. 2009..In this study, the effects of the intrathecal (IT) administration of the muscarinic receptor antagonist subtypes (MRAs) methoctramine (Meth), tropicamide (Trop) and 4-DAMP on male rat sexual behavior were evaluated during three ..
- M-Ras evolved independently of R-Ras and its neural function is conserved between mammalian and ascidian, which lacks classical RasEtsuko Keduka
Department of Biology, Graduate School of Science, Chiba University, 1 33 Yayoicho, Inageku, Chiba, Chiba 263 8522, Japan
Gene 429:49-58. 2009..By contrast, both the ascidians contain single genes orthologous to Mras, Rras, Ral, Rap1, and Rap2. A single Mras orthologue exists from nematode to mammalian...
- R-Ras3/(M-Ras) is involved in thermal adaptation in the critical period of thermal control establishmentGalya Labunskay
Institute of Animal Science, Agricultural Research Organization, The Volcani Center, Bet Dagan 50250 Israel
J Neurobiol 66:56-70. 2006..Taken together, the present findings correlate the R-Ras3-jun pathway with thermal-control establishment...
- Mediator release assays based on human or murine immunoglobulin E in allergen standardizationS Kaul
Division of Allergology, Paul Ehrlich Institut, Langen, Germany
Clin Exp Allergy 37:141-50. 2007..As established immunochemical methods in allergen standardization only determine inhibition potency or major allergen content, routine tests for biological potency may enhance standardization and batch control of allergen products...
- Magnetic resonance angiography in reversible cerebral vasoconstriction syndromesShih Pin Chen
Institute of Clinical Medicine, Fu Jen Catholic University, Taipei, Taiwan
Ann Neurol 67:648-56. 2010..To investigate the evolution and clinical significance of vasoconstriction on magnetic resonance angiography (MRA) in patients with reversible cerebral vasoconstriction syndromes (RCVS)...
- Incidence of unilateral distal vertebral artery aplasia: evaluation by combining basiparallel anatomic scanning-magnetic resonance imaging (BPAS-MRI) and magnetic resonance angiographyKohei Morimoto
Department of Radiology and Radiation Oncology, Hirosaki University Graduate School of Medicine, Hirosaki, Japan
Jpn J Radiol 27:151-5. 2009..During our daily magnetic resonance (MR) examinations, however, we frequently encounter MR angiograms (MRAs) that do not demonstrate unilateral VA...
- Emodin inhibits the growth of hepatoma cells: finding the common anti-cancer pathway using Huh7, Hep3B, and HepG2 cellsChin Mu Hsu
School of Chinese Medicine, China Medical University, and Genetic Center, China Medical University Hospital, Taichung, Taiwan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 392:473-8. 2010..The RNA expression levels of CYP1A1, CYP1B1, GDF15, SERPINE1, SOS1, RASD1, and MRAS were upregulated and those of NR1H4, PALMD, and TXNIP were downregulated in all three hepatoma cells...
- Catheter angiography, MR angiography, and MR perfusion in posterior reversible encephalopathy syndromeW S Bartynski
Department of Radiology, Division of Neuroradiology, University of Pittsburgh, Presbyterian University Hospital, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 29:447-55. 2008..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the catheter angiography (CA), MR angiography (MRA), and MR perfusion (MRP) features in PRES in order to render further insight into its mechanism of origin...
- Value of single-dose contrast-enhanced magnetic resonance angiography versus intraarterial digital subtraction angiography in therapy indications in abdominal and iliac arteriesPhilipp J Schaefer
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, University Hospital Schleswig Holstein Campus Kiel, Arnold Heller Strasse 9, 24105 Kiel, Germany
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 30:376-82. 2007..The results showed that the used MRA imaging technique of abdominal and iliac arteries is not competitive to i.a. DSA, with a high rate of misinterpretation of the MRAs resulting in incorrect therapies.
- Plexin-B1 is a GTPase activating protein for M-Ras, remodelling dendrite morphologyYasuhiro Saito
Laboratory of Molecular Neurobiology, Graduate School of Biostudies, Kyoto University, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8501, Japan
EMBO Rep 10:614-21. 2009..Thus, we conclude that Plexin-B1 is a dual functional GAP for R-Ras and M-Ras, remodelling axon and dendrite morphology, respectively...
- Ras and relatives--job sharing and networking keep an old family togetherAnnette Ehrhardt
The Biomedical Research Centre, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Exp Hematol 30:1089-106. 2002..We also review the possibility that the differential localization of Ras proteins in different parts of the cell membrane may govern their responses to activation of cell surface receptors...
- MR arthrography of traumatic anterior shoulder lesions showed modest reproducibility and accuracy when evaluated under clinical circumstancesS van Grinsven
Department of Physiotherapy, Rijnstate Hospital, Wagnerlaan 55, 6800 TA Arnhem, The Netherlands
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 127:11-7. 2007..We examined the reproducibility and accuracy of high-field MRA in traumatic anterior shoulder instability under conditions resembling clinical practice and assessed the influence of observer experience...
- Dose comparison of single- vs. double-dose in contrast-enhanced magnetic resonance angiography of the carotid arteries: Intraindividual cross-over blinded trial using Gd-DTPAC Jourdan
Department of Radiology, College of Medicine, Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
J Magn Reson Imaging 25:557-63. 2007....
- 1.0-M gadobutrol versus 0.5-M gadoterate for peripheral magnetic resonance angiography: a prospective randomized controlled clinical trialZsolt Szucs-Farkas
Department of Diagnostic, Interventional and Pediatric Radiology, Inselspital University of Berne, Berne, Switzerland
J Magn Reson Imaging 27:1399-405. 2008..To perform a quantitative and qualitative comparison of gadobutrol and gadoterate in three-station contrast enhanced magnetic resonance angiography (CE-MRA) of the lower limbs...
- Expression of R-ras oncogenes in the hermaphroditic fish Kryptolebias marmoratus, exposed to endocrine disrupting chemicalsJae Sung Rhee
Department of Molecular and Environmental Bioscience, Graduate School, Hanyang University, Seoul 133 791, South Korea
Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol 149:433-9. 2009..These results suggest that EDCs modulate the expression of R-ras genes and thus affect subsequent signal transduction and tumor development...
- Effectiveness of multidetector computed tomography arthrography for the diagnosis of shoulder pathology: comparison with magnetic resonance imaging with arthroscopic correlationJoo Han Oh
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul National University Bundang Hospital, Seoul, Korea
J Shoulder Elbow Surg 19:14-20. 2010..We hypothesized that CTA would be cost-effective and effectively comparable with magnetic resonance arthrography (MRA) for assessing labral detachments and full-thickness rotator cuff tears...
- Intra-arterial magnetic resonance angiography of the iliac arteries: clinical experience using two different protocolsC Paetzel
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, University Hospital of Regensburg, Germany
Acta Radiol 46:250-5. 2005..To assess the feasibility of intra-arterial magnetic resonance angiography (iaMRA) with two different protocols...
- Time-resolved and high-resolution MRA in a rabbit model of pulmonary embolism at 7 T: preliminary resultsJaime F Mata
Department of Radiology, University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Magn Reson Imaging 28:139-45. 2010..Evaluate feasibility of using time-resolved and high-resolution, contrast-enhanced magnetic resonance angiography (MRA) at 7 T for characterization of an animal model of pulmonary embolism...
- Effect of a titration polysomnogram on treatment success with a mandibular repositioning applianceFernanda R Almeida
Faculty of Dentistry, The University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
J Clin Sleep Med 5:198-204. 2009..Titration of MRAs consists of sequential mandibular advancement guided by symptom improvement...
- Effects of omni-directional noise-exposure during hearing onset and age on auditory spatial resolution in the Mongolian gerbil (Meriones unguiculatus) -- a behavioral approachJulia K Maier
Zoophysiology and Behaviour Group, Institute for Biology and Environmental Sciences, Carl von Ossietzky University Oldenburg, Carl von Ossietzky Street 9 11, 26129 Oldenburg, Germany
Brain Res 1220:47-57. 2008..b>MRAs for aged gerbils were higher compared to controls, whereas MRAs of noise-reared gerbils did not differ from those ..
- 3D TOF MRA of intracranial aneurysms at 1.5 T and 3 T: influence of matrix, parallel imaging, and acquisition time on image quality - a vascular phantom studyYasuhiro Hiai
Department of Course of Radiological Sciences, Kumamoto University School of Health Sciences, Kumamoto University School of Medicine, 4 24 1 Kuhonji, Kumamoto 862 0976, Japan
Acad Radiol 15:635-40. 2008....
- CCR8-dependent activation of the RAS/MAPK pathway mediates anti-apoptotic activity of I-309/ CCL1 and vMIP-IJamila Louahed
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Brussels Branch, Experimental Medicine Unit, Universite de Louvain, Brussels, Belgium
Eur J Immunol 33:494-501. 2003..The implication of this pathway was confirmed by the fact that PD98059, an inhibitor of MEK kinases, as well as a dominant negative isoform of the M-RAS protein specifically blocked the anti-apoptotic activity of CCL1...
- Left ventricular end-diastolic volume is decreased at maximal exercise in athletes with marked repolarisation abnormalities: a continuous radionuclide monitoring studyAlbert Flotats
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau, Sant Antoni M Claret, 167, 08025, Barcelona, Spain
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 32:203-10. 2005Although marked repolarisation abnormalities (MRAs) are considered innocuous in trained athletes, their functional significance awaits clarification...
- Long-term effects of mandibular repositioning appliances on symptoms of sleep apnoeaMarie Marklund
Department of Orthodontics, University Hospital, Umea, Sweden
J Sleep Res 16:414-20. 2007Mandibular repositioning appliances (MRAs) reduce symptoms of obstructive sleep apnoea in the short term, but the long-term effects are unknown...
- MR angiographic follow-up of intracranial aneurysms treated with detachable coils: evaluation of a blood-pool contrast mediumT Kau
Institute of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, St Veiter Strasse 47, Klagenfurt, Austria
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 30:1524-30. 2009..Our aim was to compare blood-pool contrast-enhanced MR angiography (BPCE-MRA) using gadofosveset trisodium (Vasovist) with 3D time-of-flight MRA (TOF-MRA) in the follow-up of intracranial aneurysms after endovascular therapy...
- Nutrition, acid-base status and growth in early childhoodH Kalhoff
Pediatric Clinic, Dortmund, Germany
Eur J Nutr 40:221-30. 2001..an early stage during the development of retention acidosis, characterized by maximum renal acid stimulation (MRAS, urine-pH < 5.4) on two consecutive days but still compensated systemic acid-base status...
- Multiple aspects of the phenotype of mammary epithelial cells transformed by expression of activated M-Ras depend on an autocrine mechanism mediated by hepatocyte growth factor/scatter factorKai Xin Zhang
The Biomedical Research Centre, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Mol Cancer Res 2:242-55. 2004..Autocrine HGF/SF was thus critical for expression of key features of the phenotype of mammary epithelial cells transformed by expression of activated M-Ras...
- Sustained activation of M-Ras induced by nerve growth factor is essential for neuronal differentiation of PC12 cellsPeng Sun
Department of Biology, Faculty of Science, and Graduate School of Science and Technology, Chiba University, Yayoicho, Inageku, Chiba, Chiba 263 8522, Japan
Genes Cells 11:1097-113. 2006..Therefore, M-Ras is essential for neuronal differentiation in PC12 cells by inducing sustained activation of ERK pathway...
- Long-term effects of aldosterone blockade in resistant hypertension associated with chronic kidney diseaseR Pisoni
Department of Medicine, Division of Nephrology, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
J Hum Hypertens 26:502-6. 2012..Mineralocorticoid receptor antagonists (MRAs) are effective in the management of resistant hypertension but are not widely used in CKD because of the risk of ..
- The role of mineralocorticoid receptor antagonists in patients with American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association stage B heart failureBertram Pitt
Cardiovascular Center, University Hospital, University of Michigan School of Medicine, 1500 East Medical Center Drive, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 5853, USA
Heart Fail Clin 8:247-53. 2012This article focuses on the potential role of mineralocorticoid receptor antagonists (MRAs) in patients with stage B heart failure (HF) due to hypertension, diabetes mellitus, and/or visceral obesity with the metabolic syndrome...
- Proteomic profiling of the molecular targets of interactions of the mastoparan peptide Protopolybia MP-III at the level of endosomal membranes from rat mast cellsLucilene Delazari Dos Santos
Center for the Study of Venoms and Venomous Animals, University of Sao Paulo State, Botucatu, SP, Brazil
Proteomics 12:2682-93. 2012..The identification of the five proteins as targets of mastoparans may contribute in the near future to the use of this family of peptides as novel tools for dissecting the mechanism of exocytosis in mast cells...
- Study of aldosterone synthase inhibition as an add-on therapy in resistant hypertensionAdam D Karns
A Medical Corporation, Beverly Hills, CA, USA
J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich) 15:186-92. 2013Aldosterone inhibition with mineralcorticoid receptor antagonists (MRAs) is an effective treatment for resistant hypertension...
- Role of diuretics and ultrafiltration in congestive heart failureDmitry Shchekochikhin
University of Colorado Division of Renal Diseases and Hypertension, 12700 East 19th Avenue, C281, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Pharmaceuticals (Basel) 6:851-66. 2013..addition of distal acting thiazide diuretics, natriuretic doses of mineralocorticoid receptor antagonists (MRAs), or vasoactive drugs. Slow continuous veno-venous ultrafiltration is another option...
- Diuretics in the treatment of hypertension. Part 2: loop diuretics and potassium-sparing agentsJuan Tamargo
Universidad Complutense, School of Medicine, Department of Pharmacology, Madrid, Spain
Expert Opin Pharmacother 15:605-21. 2014..Diuretics enhance the renal excretion of Na(+) and water due to a direct action at different tubular sites of the nephron where solute re-absorption occurs...
- A Novel SHOC2 Variant in RasopathyVickie Hannig
Division of Medical Genetics and Genomic Medicine, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee
Hum Mutat 35:1290-4. 2014..We conclude that SHOC2 mutations can cause a spectrum of Rasopathy phenotypes in heterozygous individuals. Importantly, our work suggests that individuals with mild Rasopathy symptoms may be underdiagnosed. ..
- Galectin-3 and heart failure: prognosis, prediction & clinical utilityMando D Filipe
University of Groningen, University Medical Center Groningen, Department of Cardiology, The Netherlands
Clin Chim Acta 443:48-56. 2015..enzyme (ACE) inhibitors, β-blockers, angiotensin receptor blockers (ARBs), mineralocorticoid receptor antagonists (MRAs), and implantable cardiac defibrillators, prognosis of HF patients remains poor...
- Heart failure with preserved ejection fractionPierpaolo Pellicori
Department of Cardiology, Hull York Medical School, Hull, UK
Clin Med (Lond) 14:s22-8. 2014..treatments directed at congestion and hypertension, such as diuretics, mineralocorticoid receptor antagonists (MRAs) and angiotensin converting-enzyme inhibitors, may improve symptoms and probably do improve outcomes...
- Stress-induced Aldosterone Hyper-Secretion in a Substantial Subset of Patients With Essential HypertensionAthina Markou
Department of Endocrinology and Diabetes Center A M, I I A, C M T P, A G, L P, S F, D R, G P P, G Gennimatas General Hospital, Athens 11527, Greece Division of Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes, First Department of Pediatrics A S, E C, G P C, University of Athens Medical School, Aghia Sophia Children s Hospital, Athens 11527, Greece Department of Pathophysiology G K, University of Athens Medical School, Laikon Hospital, Athens 11527, Greece and Department of Cardiology A Z, A K, G Gennimatas General Hospital, Athens 11527, Greece
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 100:2857-64. 2015..Mineralocorticoid receptor antagonists (MRAs) have effectively been used for the treatment of patients with hypertension who do not have primary aldosteronism (..
- Comparative Effectiveness and Safety of Monodrug Therapies for Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms Associated With Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: A Network Meta-analysisJin Qiu Yuan
From the Division of Epidemiology, School of Public Health and Primary Care JY, CM, ZY, XF, JT Department of Community and Family Medicine, The Chinese University of Hong Kong SW Shenzhen Municipal Key Laboratory for Health Risk Analysis, Shenzhen Research Institute of The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shenzhen, Guangdong Province JY, CM, ZY, XF, JT and Kidney Internal Medical Department, Mianyang Central Hospital, Mianyang, China XD
Medicine (Baltimore) 94:e974. 2015..controlled trials that compared α-blockers, 5-alpha reductase inhibitors (5ARIs), muscarinic receptor antagonists (MRAs), phosphodiesterase-5 inhibitor (PDE5-Is), or placebo for the treatment of BPH...
- Spironolactone for Management of Heart Failure with Preserved Ejection Fraction: Whither to After TOPCAT?Sumeet S Mitter
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, 676 N St Clair Street, Suite 600, Chicago, IL, 60611, USA
Curr Atheroscler Rep 17:64. 2015Mineralocorticoid receptor antagonists (MRAs) represent an attractive class of drugs for the treatment of heart failure with preserved ejection fraction (HFpEF) because of the deleterious cardiovascular effects of aldosterone and because ..
- Absence of M-Ras modulates social behavior in miceAnnette Ehrhardt
The Biomedical Research Centre, University of British Columbia, 2222 Health Sciences Mall, Vancouver, V6T 1Z3, Canada
BMC Neurosci 16:68. 2015..Here, we report that the absence of the small GTPase M-Ras affects social behavior in mice...
- The association of nurse practitioners' mortality risk assessments and advance care planning discussions on nursing home patients' clinical outcomesSusan E Mullaney
School of Nursing, College of Health Sciences, University of Massachusetts Lowell, Lowell, Massachusetts
J Am Assoc Nurse Pract 28:304-10. 2016To investigate the impact nurse practitioners' (NPs) documented mortality risk assessments (MRAs) and advance care planning (ACP) discussions have on clinical outcomes for newly enrolled Medicare Advantage nursing home patients.
- Temporal Trends and Hospital Variation in Mineralocorticoid Receptor Antagonist Use in Veterans Discharged With Heart FailureSandesh Dev
Phoenix VA Medical Center, Phoenix, AZ S D
J Am Heart Assoc 4:. 2015Despite concerns about mineralocorticoid receptor antagonist therapies (MRAs) underuse and misuse in patients with heart failure, temporal and institutional variations of MRA prescription have not been reported.
- Use of a semi-automated cardiac segmentation tool improves reproducibility and speed of segmentation of contaminated right heart magnetic resonance angiographyAnimesh Tandon
Department of Pediatrics, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX, USA
Int J Cardiovasc Imaging 32:1273-9. 2016..Magnetic resonance angiograms (MRAs) of 19 patients undergoing intervention for right ventricular outflow lesions were segmented to demonstrate the ..
- A Single-Nucleotide Polymorphism in C12orf43 Region is Associated with the Risk of Coronary Artery Disease in a Pakistani CohortShafiqa Shahzadi
Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, University of the Punjab, Lahore, Pakistan
Biochem Genet 54:676-84. 2016..We aimed to examine the association of MRAS/rs9818870 and C12orf43/rs2258287 polymorphisms with the risk of CAD in a Pakistani sample...
- Purification of Antibacterial CHAPK Protein Using a Self-Cleaving Fusion Tag and Its Activity Against Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus aureusElahe Seyed Hosseini
Anatomical Sciences Research Center, Kashan University of Medical Sciences, Kashan, Iran
Probiotics Antimicrob Proteins 8:202-210. 2016..Finally, inhibition zone in MRAS culture medium confirmed antibacterial activity of the protein...
- Expression of myogenes in longissimus dorsi muscle during prenatal development in commercial and local Piau pigsEvelyze Pinheiro Dos Reis
Departamento de Zootecnia, Universidade Federal de Viçosa UFV, Vicosa, MG, Brazil
Genet Mol Biol 39:589-599. 2016..Pair-wise comparisons of prenatal periods in each breed showed that only the CSRP3, LEF1, MRAS and MYOG genes had higher expression (p < 0.05) in at least one prenatal period in commercial and Piau pigs...
- Mineralocorticoid receptor antagonists for heart failure: systematic review and meta-analysisNicolas M Berbenetz
Department of Medicine, Western University, 339 Windermere Road, London, ON, N6A 5A5, Canada
BMC Cardiovasc Disord 16:246. 2016Mineralocorticoid receptor antagonists (MRAs) have been associated with improved patient outcomes in patients with heart failure with reduced ejection fraction (HFrEF) but not preserved ejection fraction (HFpEF)...
- Crystal structure of M-Ras reveals a GTP-bound "off" state conformation of Ras family small GTPasesMin Ye
Division of Molecular Biology, Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, 7 5 1 Kusunoki cho, Chuo Ku, Kobe 650 0017, Japan
J Biol Chem 280:31267-75. 2005..Further, the first determination of the state 1 structure provides a molecular basis for developing novel anti-cancer drugs as compounds that hold Ras in the state 1 "off" conformation...
- Use of microbial risk assessment to inform the national estimate of acute gastrointestinal illness attributable to microbes in drinking waterJeffrey A Soller
Soller Environmental, 3022 King St, Berkeley, CA 94703, USA
J Water Health 4:165-86. 2006..Pathogen-specific MRAS could be developed to characterize the risk associated with each of these components; however, these assessments ..
- Implant-retained oral appliances: a novel treatment for edentulous patients with obstructive sleep apnea-hypopnea syndromeAarnoud Hoekema
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Clin Oral Implants Res 18:383-7. 2007Mandibular repositioning appliances (MRAs) are a viable treatment alternative in patients with obstructive sleep apnea-hypopnea syndrome (OSAHS)...
- M-Ras is activated by bone morphogenetic protein-2 and participates in osteoblastic determination, differentiation, and transdifferentiationHaruko Watanabe-Takano
Department of Biology, Graduate School of Science, Chiba University, Inageku, Chiba 263 8522, Japan
Exp Cell Res 316:477-90. 2010..These results imply that M-Ras, induced and activated by BMP-2 signaling, participates in the osteoblastic determination, differentiation, and transdifferentiation under p38 MAPK and JNK regulation...
- Cervical vascular and upper airway asymmetry in Velo-cardio-facial syndrome: correlation of nasopharyngoscopy with MRAAvi G Oppenheimer
Department of Radiology, Montefiore Medical Center, 111 East 210th Street, Bronx, NY 10467, United States
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 74:619-25. 2010..Furthermore, we assess the relationship with respect to laterality between cervical vascular patterns and the asymmetric abnormalities of these subjects' upper airways...
- Successful Management of Pregnancy Complicated by Klippel-Trenaunay Syndrome Using MR Angiography-Based EvaluationReiko Tanaka
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
Case Rep Obstet Gynecol 2011:723467. 2011..Systematic MRAs revealed hemangiomas and varicosities in the right leg, the lower abdomen, and the pubic region, while no obvious ..
- Selection of a mineralocorticoid receptor antagonist for patients with hypertension or heart failureJavaid Iqbal
Department of Cardiovascular Science at the University of Sheffield and Cardiology Department at Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust, Sheffield, UK
Eur J Heart Fail 16:143-50. 2014Clinical trials have demonstrated morbidity and mortality benefits of mineralocorticoid receptor antagonists (MRAs) in patients with heart failure. These studies have used either spironolactone or eplerenone as the MRA...
- Mineralocorticoid receptor antagonist use in hospitalized patients with heart failure, reduced ejection fraction, and diabetes mellitus (from the EVEREST Trial)Muthiah Vaduganathan
Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts
Am J Cardiol 114:743-50. 2014Despite the well-established benefits of mineralocorticoid receptor agonists (MRAs) in heart failure with reduced ejection fraction, safety concerns remain in patients with concomitant diabetes mellitus (DM) because of common renal and ..
- Clinical Outcomes in Dialysis Patients: Prospects for Improvement with Aldosterone Receptor AntagonistsSamantha Dias Suthar
Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, Duke University School of Medicine, Durham, North Carolina
Semin Dial 29:52-61. 2016..Therapy with mineralocorticoid receptor antagonists (MRAs) effectively reduces cardiac risk in discrete populations...
- Gene expression of IQGAPs and Ras families in an experimental mouse model for hepatocellular carcinoma: a mechanistic study of cancer progressionKhairy M A Zoheir
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, College of Pharmacy, King Saud University P O Box 2457, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia Department of Cell Biology, National Research Centre 12622 Cairo, Egypt
Int J Clin Exp Pathol 8:8821-31. 2015..The genetic expressions of IQGAP1, IQGAP2, IQGAP3, Hras, Kras, Nras, Mras, Caspase3, and BAX were followed in both hepatocellular carcinoma and normal liver cells of Balbc mice...
- Mineralocorticoid Receptor Antagonists and Clinical Outcomes in Primary Aldosteronism: As Good as Surgery?L A Sechi
Internal Medicine, Department of Experimental and Clinical Medical Sciences, University of Udine, Udine, Italy
Horm Metab Res 47:1000-6. 2015..Treatment with mineralocorticoid receptor antagonists (MRAs) is currently recommended for PA patients with bilateral adrenal disease, but these agents effectively decrease ..
- Aspirin does not reduce the clinical benefits of the mineralocorticoid receptor antagonist eplerenone in patients with systolic heart failure and mild symptoms: an analysis of the EMPHASIS-HF studyKen Lee Chin
Centre of Cardiovascular Research and Education in Therapeutics, Department of Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine, Monash University, Melbourne, Australia
Eur J Heart Fail 18:1175-81. 2016..concomitant use of aspirin might attenuate the beneficial effects of mineralocorticoid receptor antagonists (MRAs)...
- Vascular Effects of Eplerenone in Coronary Artery Disease With Preserved Ejection Fraction: A Double-Blind, Randomized, Placebo-Controlled TrialIsabella Sudano
University Heart Center, Cardiology Clinic, University Hospital Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Clin Cardiol 39:285-90. 2016Mineralocorticoid receptor antagonists (MRAs) reduce morbidity and mortality in heart failure with reduced ejection fraction (HFrEF)...
- Global cardiovascular protection in chronic kidney diseaseGema Ruiz-Hurtado
Unidad de Hipertensión and Instituto de Investigación i 12, Hospital Universitario 12 de Octubre, Avenida de Cordoba s n, 28041 Madrid, Spain
Nat Rev Cardiol 13:603-8. 2016..angiotensin-converting-enzyme inhibitors, angiotensin-receptor blockers, or mineralocorticoid-receptor antagonists (MRAs) often do not experience complete blockade of the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system, primarily owing to the risk ..
- Mineralocorticoid receptor antagonists: a patent evaluation of US20150284376A1Matthieu Collin
a Intellectual Property Department, INSERM Transfert, Paris, France
Expert Opin Ther Pat . 2016..Beyond cardiac diseases, new indications of MRAs increase exponentially, especially in patients with impaired renal function...
- Novel roles of unphosphorylated STAT3 in oncogenesis and transcriptional regulationJinbo Yang
Department of Molecular Biology, Lerner Research Institute, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Cancer Res 65:939-47. 2005..g., MRAS and MET)...
- Expression of a constitutively active mutant of M-Ras in normal bone marrow is sufficient for induction of a malignant mastocytosis/mast cell leukemia, distinct from the histiocytosis/monocytic leukemia induced by expression of activated H-RasXuecui Guo
The Biomedical Research Centre, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada V6T1Z3
Oncogene 24:2330-42. 2005..Thus, expression of either activated M-Ras or H-Ras in normal hematopoietic cells was sufficient for transformation but each resulted in the generation of distinct lineages of cells...
- Expression of activated M-Ras in hemopoietic stem cells initiates leukemogenic transformation, immortalization and preferential generation of mast cellsX Guo
The Biomedical Research Centre, The University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Oncogene 25:4241-4. 2006....
- Phase contrast and time-of-flight magnetic resonance angiography of the intracerebral arteries at 1.5, 3 and 7 TAnna C Stamm
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Philipps University, Marburg, Germany
Magn Reson Imaging 31:545-9. 2013Time-of-flight (ToF) and phase contrast (PC) magnetic resonance angiographies (MRAs) are noninvasive applications to depict the cerebral arteries...
- Increased constrictor tone induced by ouabain treatment in ratsVictor M Pulgar
Biomedical Research Infrastructure Center, Winston Salem State University, Winston Salem, NC 27101, USA
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 62:174-83. 2013..At the end of treatment, vascular responses were studied in mesenteric resistance arteries (MRAs) by wire myography...
- In silico discovery of small-molecule Ras inhibitors that display antitumor activity by blocking the Ras-effector interactionFumi Shima
Division of Molecular Biology, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, 7 5 1 Kusunoki cho, Chuo Ku, Kobe 650 0017, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:8182-7. 2013....
- Characterization of the enzymatic activity of Clostridium perfringens TpeLSerge Pauillac
Institut Pasteur, Unité des Bactéries anaérobies et Toxines, 25 rue du Dr Roux, 75724 Paris Cedex 15, France
Toxicon 75:136-43. 2013..In contrast to previous report, we observed that Ral was not a substrate of TpeL. In addition, we confirmed by in vitro glucosylation and mass spectrometry that TpeL modifies cH-Ras at Thr35...
- Potential biomarkers for paclitaxel sensitivity in hypopharynx cancer cellCheng zhi Xu
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Shanghai Ninth People s Hospital, School of Medicine, Shanghai Jiao Tong University Shanghai, China
Int J Clin Exp Pathol 6:2745-56. 2013..interferon signaling (IFIT1, IFIT3, IFITM1 and MX1 etc.), mTOR signaling (MRAS, PRKAA2, PLD1, RND3 and EIF4A1 etc.) and IGF1 signaling (MRAS, IGFBP7, JUN and FOS etc...
- Identification of protein-protein interactions using in vivo cross-linking and mass spectrometryJulian Vasilescu
The Biomedical Research Centre, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
Proteomics 4:3845-54. 2004..Among these, we identified the RasGAP-related protein IQGAP1 to be a novel interaction partner of M-Ras(Q71L). This method is applicable to many proteins and will aid in the study of protein-protein interactions...
- Resolution in azimuth sound localization in the Mongolian gerbil (Meriones unguiculatus)Julia K Maier
Zoophysiology and Behavior Group, Institute for Biology and Environmental Science, Carl von Ossietzky University, Postfach 2503, 26111 Oldenburg, Germany
J Acoust Soc Am 119:1029-36. 2006Minimum resolvable angles (MRAs) for sound localization in azimuth in the gerbil were determined in a behavioral study using tones, 300-Hz bands of noise centered at frequencies between 500 Hz and 8 kHz and broad-band noise of on average ..
- The COOH-terminal end of R-Ras alters the motility and morphology of breast epithelial cells through Rho/Rho-kinaseHa Won Jeong
Cell and Matrix Biology National Research Laboratory, Department of Biochemistry, Kyungpook National University School of Medicine, Daegu, Korea
Cancer Res 65:507-15. 2005..Our results suggest that R-Ras in breast epithelial cells disrupts cell polarity and motility through the Rho/Rho-associated kinase pathway triggered by a signal from the COOH-terminal end of R-Ras...
- Measuring Ras-family GTP levels in vivo--running hot and coldAriel F Castro
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Indiana University School of Medicine and Walther Cancer Institute, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Methods 37:190-6. 2005..Here we describe the detection of M-Ras and Rap1 activity by GST-RBD pull-down as well as that of Rheb and epitope-tagged R-Ras by classical metabolic labeling and immunoprecipitation...
- Interactions of enhanced urocortin 2 and mineralocorticoid receptor antagonism in experimental heart failureMiriam T Rademaker
Christchurch Heart Institute, Department of Medicine, University of Otago Christchurch, Christchurch, New Zealand
Circ Heart Fail 6:825-32. 2013Mineralocorticoid receptor antagonists (MRAs) have become established therapy in heart failure (HF). Urocortin 2 (Ucn2) is a novel peptide with potential in the treatment of this disease...
- Switch-of-function mutants based on morphology classification of Ras superfamily small GTPasesWon Do Heo
Department of Molecular Pharmacology, Stanford University School of Medicine, 269 Campus Drive, Room 3215, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Cell 113:315-28. 2003..Our study shows that specificity in protein families can be explored by combining genome-wide experimental functional classification with the creation of switch-of-function mutants...
- Reconstruction and in silico analysis of the MAPK signaling pathways in the human blood fluke, Schistosoma japonicumLili Wang
State Key Laboratory of Bioreactor Engineering, New World Institute of Biotechnology, East China University of Science and Technology, 130 Mei Long Road, Shanghai 200237, PR China
FEBS Lett 580:3677-86. 2006..In addition, several pathway member genes, including ERK, JNK, Sja-DSP, MRAS and RAS, were determined through quantitative PCR analysis to be expressed in a stage-specific manner, with ERK, ..
- Mineralocorticoid receptor antagonists for therapy of coronary artery disease and related complicationsCarolin Zwadlo
Department of Cardiology and Angiology, Hannover Medical School, Germany
Curr Opin Pharmacol 13:280-6. 2013..Mineralocorticoid receptor antagonists (MRAs), such as spironolactone and eplerenone, prevent some of these maladaptive effects on the cardiovascular system and ..
- New susceptibility locus for obesity and dyslipidaemia on chromosome 3q22.3Maie Alshahid
King Faisal Heart Institute, MBC 16, King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Centre, Riyadh 11211, Saudi Arabia
Hum Genomics 7:15. 2013The muscle Ras (MRAS) gene resides on chromosome 3q22.3 and encodes a member of the membrane-associated Ras small GTPase proteins, which function as signal transducers in multiple processes including cell growth and differentiation...
- MRAS GTPase is a novel stemness marker that impacts mouse embryonic stem cell plasticity and Xenopus embryonic cell fateMarie Emmanuelle Mathieu
University of Bordeaux, CIRID, UMR 5164, F 33000 Bordeaux, France
Development 140:3311-22. 2013..Here we focus on muscle ras oncogene homolog (MRAS), which is a small GTPase of the Ras family encoded within the Pluri gene cluster...
- Gadolinium-enhanced versus time-of-flight magnetic resonance angiography: what is the benefit of contrast enhancement in evaluating carotid stenosis?Bart E Muhs
Division of Vascular Surgery, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
Ann Vasc Surg 19:823-8. 2005..This was accomplished in 79.1% (136/172) of all GE MRAs. Simultaneous aortic arch imaging was not technically feasible with TOF MRA...
- Expanding role of mineralocorticoid receptor antagonists in the treatment of heart failureAlidz Talatinian
College of Pharmacy, Western University of Health Sciences, Pomona, California 91766, USA
Pharmacotherapy 32:827-37. 2012..Mineralocorticoid receptor antagonists (MRAs) have also demonstrated significant benefits in the treatment of heart failure, which include a reduction in sudden ..
- Spironolactone, eplerenone and the new aldosterone blockers in endocrine and primary hypertensionGianluca Colussi
Clinica Medica, Department of Experimental and Clinical Medicine, University of Udine, Udine, Italy
J Hypertens 31:3-15. 2013Mineralocorticoid receptor antagonists (MRAs) are commonly used to reduce blood pressure, left-ventricular hypertrophy, and urinary albumin excretion in patients with essential hypertension or primary aldosteronism...
- Management of hyperkalaemia consequent to mineralocorticoid-receptor antagonist therapySara S Roscioni
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, University of Groningen, University Medical Center Groningen, Antonius Deusinglaan, 9713 AV, Groningen, The Netherlands
Nat Rev Nephrol 8:691-9. 2012Mineralocorticoid-receptor antagonists (MRAs) reduce blood pressure and albuminuria in patients treated with angiotensin-converting-enzyme inhibitors or angiotensin-II-receptor blockers...
- Targeting the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system in heart failureChim C Lang
Division of Cardiovascular and Diabetes Medicine, Mailbox 2, Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, Medical Research Institute, University of Dundee, Dundee DD1 9SY, UK
Nat Rev Cardiol 10:125-34. 2013..enzyme (ACE) inhibitors, angiotensin II-receptor blockers (ARBs), and mineralocorticoid-receptor antagonists (MRAs)--and new data continue to emerge...
- Effects of mineralocorticoid receptor antagonists on the risk of sudden cardiac death in patients with left ventricular systolic dysfunction: a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trialsSrinivas R Bapoje
Department of Medicine, Denver Health and Hospital Authority, Denver, CO, USA
Circ Heart Fail 6:166-73. 2013..Mineralocorticoid receptor antagonists (MRAs) may attenuate this risk...
- The new technique of using the epigastric arteries in renal transplantation with multiple renal arteriesMohammad Ali Amirzargar
Department of Urology, Hamadan University of Medical Sciences, Hamadan, Iran
Saudi J Kidney Dis Transpl 24:247-53. 2013..We describe the long-term outcomes of 16 years of experience in 76 kidney transplantations with MRAs. In a new reconstruction technique, we remove arterial clamps after anastomosing the donor to the recipient's main ..
- The role of mineralocorticoid receptor antagonists (MRAs) in very old patients with heart failureBertram Pitt
School of Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Heart Fail Rev 17:573-9. 2012Mineralocorticoid receptor antagonists (MRAs) have been effective in reducing total mortality in patients with heart failure (HF) and a reduced left ventricular ejection fraction...
- Update on aldosterone antagonists use in heart failure with reduced left ventricular ejection fraction. Heart Failure Society of America Guidelines CommitteeJaved Butler
Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, Emory University, Atlanta, GA, USA
J Card Fail 18:265-81. 2012Aldosterone antagonists (or mineralocorticoid receptor antagonists [MRAs]) are guideline-recommended therapy for patients with moderate to severe heart failure (HF) symptoms and reduced left ventricular ejection fraction (LVEF), and in ..
- Comparison of the quality of lower limb magnetic resonance angiographies performed with different paramagnetic contrast agents in relation to body mass index and ejection fractionLukas Hrdina
Department of Radiology, University Hospital Olomouc and Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry, Palacky University Olomouc, Czech Republic
Biomed Pap Med Fac Univ Palacky Olomouc Czech Repub 156:164-70. 2012To compare the quality of magnetic resonance angiographies (MRAs) performed with different contrast agents and to evaluate the effect of body mass index (BMI) and ejection fraction (EF) on the quality of these MRAs.
- Genetic and functional analyses of MRAS and HNF1A genes in diabetes and diabetic nephropathyE Horová
Third Department of Medicine Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, First Faculty of Medicine, Charles University in Prague and General University Hospital in Prague, Czech Republic
Folia Biol (Praha) 58:121-7. 2012Evidence has recently indicated that the MRAS and HNF1A genetic polymorphisms are associated with coronary artery disease...
- Current opinions and clinical practice in the titration of oral appliances in the treatment of sleep-disordered breathingMarijke Dieltjens
Clinical Department of Special Care Dentistry, University of Antwerp UA and Antwerp University Hospital UZA, Edegem, Antwerp, Belgium
Sleep Med Rev 16:177-85. 2012..Mandibular repositioning appliances (MRAs) which are worn intra-orally at night, mechanically advance the mandible to help maintain a patent oropharygeal ..
- STAR MR angiography for rapid detection of vascular abnormalities in patients with acute cerebrovascular diseaseB Siewert
Department of Radiology, Beth Isreal Hospital, Boston Mass, USA
Stroke 28:1211-5. 1997..The potential advantage of the technique is that angiographic images can be acquired in less than 1 minute...
- Identification and characterization of R-ras3: a novel member of the RAS gene family with a non-ubiquitous pattern of tissue distributionA Kimmelman
The Derald H Ruttenberg Cancer Center, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York 10029, USA
Oncogene 15:2675-85. 1997....
- Relationship between neurological asymptomatic vertigo and the vertebrobasilar system as revealed by magnetic resonance angiographyT Seo
Department of Otolaryngology, Hyogo College of Medicine, Nishinomiya, Japan
ORL J Otorhinolaryngol Relat Spec 62:63-7. 2000..b>MRAs of the VB system were examined in 31 patients with positional nystagmus of unknown origin (PNU) and in 14 patients ..
- Regulatory proteins of R-Ras, TC21/R-Ras2, and M-Ras/R-Ras3Y Ohba
Department of Pathology, Research Institute, International Medical Center of Japan, 1 21 1 Toyama, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo 182 8655, Japan
J Biol Chem 275:20020-6. 2000..In conclusion, TC21 and R-Ras were regulated by the same GEFs and GAPs, whereas M-Ras was regulated as the classical Ras...
- Research for Adverse Drug-Events and ReportsDENNIS PAUL WEST; Fiscal Year: 2010..chronic kidney disease (CKD) or acute kidney injury (AKI) who receive GCCAs during Magnetic Resonance Angiograms (MRAs) and Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) procedures...
- Sudha Seshadri; Fiscal Year: 2016..We will systematically assess neurological, imaging (MRI &MRAs), functional, cognitive and mood outcomes in these subjects and provide estimates of lifetime risk, secular trends ..
- Preeti Tandon; Fiscal Year: 2014..The overall goal of this research is to delineate the functions of Ras proteins in NF1 pathogenesis and to identify novel therapeutic strategies based on inhibition of specific Ras proteins. ..
- PREDICTING HUMAN TUMOR RESPONSE BY 31P MRSHAL CHARLES; Fiscal Year: 1999..The MRAS and MR1 data will be correlated with clinical and histologic response to therapy...
- R-RAS3 AND CELL SURVIVAL IN THE CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEMAndrew Chan; Fiscal Year: 2007..Using PC12 and H19-7 neuronal cell lines, the kinetics of activation of RRas3, H-Ras, and Rap1A upon stimulation with EGF, bFGF, and NGF will be compared...
- Nanotube Reagentless Proteomic ArraysMichael Wilson; Fiscal Year: 2007..In operation, an array would be spotted first in each well with MRAs to the proteins of interest, and then exposed to the analyte solution containing one or more of these protein ..
- 3D CEREBRAL VESSEL LOCATION FOR SURGICAL PLANNINGElizabeth Bullitt; Fiscal Year: 2001..We propose a number of studies to evaluate the accuracy and utility of our approach, and we also propose new visualization methods to indicate the uncertainty of our symbolic descriptions of image objects. ..
- 3D Image Guided Endovascular SurgeryElizabeth Bullitt; Fiscal Year: 2006..Indeed, the methods to be developed under this proposal have the potential to change how endovascular procedures are performed throughout the body. ..
- 3D CEREBRAL VESSEL LOCATION FOR SURGICAL PLANNINGElizabeth Bullitt; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Noninvasive assessment of tumor malignancyElizabeth Bullitt; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Familial Intracranial Aneurysm Study II (FIA II)JOSEPH PAUL BRODERICK; Fiscal Year: 2010..Finally, we will use bioinformatics, statistical methods, and gene sequencing, to identify specific disease producing mutations and/or high risk haplotypes whose functional relevance will be subsequently explored. ..
- Interventional Management of Stroke III Planning GrantJoseph Broderick; Fiscal Year: 2004..10. Explore funding of interventional angiography by CMS. 11. Continue interaction with industry, with attention to devices that might be applied to a device-augmented future IV/IA paradigm. ..
- Rheb GTPase as chemotherapeutic target for brain tumorsLAWRENCE QUILLIAM; Fiscal Year: 2009..They will address the molecular basis of non-Ras action of FTIs and demonstrate the value of targeting Rheb in cancer therapy. ..