Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MPHOSPH9
Description: M-phase phosphoprotein 9
Alias: MPP-9, MPP9, M-phase phosphoprotein 9
- Genes associated with multiple sclerosis: 15 and countingMario Habek
School of Medicine, University of Zagreb, Croatia
Expert Rev Mol Diagn 10:857-61. 2010Evaluation of: The International Multiple Sclerosis Genetics Consortium (IMSGC). IL12A, MPHOSPH9/CDK2AP1 and RGS1 are novel multiple sclerosis susceptibility loci. Genes Immun. 11(5), 397-405 (2010)...
- Meta-analysis of genome scans and replication identify CD6, IRF8 and TNFRSF1A as new multiple sclerosis susceptibility lociPhilip L De Jager
Division of Molecular Immunology, Center for Neurologic Diseases, Department of Neurology, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Nat Genet 41:776-82. 2009....
- Anti-tumor and anti-invasion effects of a combination of 4-methylumbelliferone and ionizing radiation in human fibrosarcoma cellsRyo Saga
Department of Radiological Life Sciences, Division of Medical Life Sciences, Hirosaki University Graduate School of Health Sciences, Hirosaki, Aomori 036 8564, Japan
Oncol Lett 13:410-416. 2017..Taken together, these results suggest that the administration of MU with 2 Gy IR is effective at reducing HA production, cell invasion and the metastatic potential of cancer cells...
- A single-nucleotide polymorphism in MMP9 is associated with decreased risk of steroid-induced osteonecrosis of the femoral headJieli Du
Inner Mongolia Medical University, Hohhot, Inner Mongolia, 010050, China
Oncotarget 7:68434-68441. 2016..Here, we examined eight previously-identified single-nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in the MPP2 and MPP9 genes of 285 steroid-induced ONFH patients and 507 healthy controls from northern China to determine whether these ..
- Replication Study in a Japanese Population of Six Susceptibility Loci for Type 2 Diabetes Originally Identified by a Transethnic Meta-Analysis of Genome-Wide Association StudiesRen Matsuba
Laboratory for Endocrinology, Metabolism and Kidney Diseases, RIKEN Center for Integrative Medical Sciences, Yokohama, Japan
PLoS ONE 11:e0154093. 2016..to evaluate the association between type 2 diabetes and six susceptibility loci (TMEM154, SSR1, FAF1, POU5F1, ARL15, and MPHOSPH9) originally identified by a transethnic meta-analysis of genome-wide association studies (GWAS) in 2014.
- Genome-wide association analyses based on whole-genome sequencing in Sardinia provide insights into regulation of hemoglobin levelsFabrice Danjou
Istituto di Ricerca Genetica e Biomedica, Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche CNR, Monserrato, Cagliari, Italy
Nat Genet 47:1264-71. 2015..Five signals are due to variants at previously undetected loci: MPHOSPH9, PLTP-PCIF1, ZFPM1 (FOG1), NFIX and CCND3...
- Iodine Affects Differentiation and Migration Process in Trophoblastic CellsZendy Evelyn Olivo-Vidal
Centro de Investigaciones Biomedicas, Universidad Veracruzana, Av Luis Castelazo Ayala s n, Col Industrial Animas, Xalapa, Veracruz, Mexico
Biol Trace Elem Res 169:180-8. 2016..High iodine doses (1000-5000 μM) have shown cytotoxic effects. Based on our results, iodine is important for keeping the proliferation/differentiation balance in the placenta...
- The type 2 diabetes risk allele of TMEM154-rs6813195 associates with decreased beta cell function in a study of 6,486 DanesMarie Neergaard Harder
The Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Basic Metabolic Research, Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
PLoS ONE 10:e0120890. 2015..seven novel susceptibility variants in or near TMEM154, SSR1/RREB1, FAF1, POU5F1/TCF19, LPP, ARL15 and ABCB9/MPHOSPH9. The aim of our study was to investigate associations between these novel risk variants and type 2 diabetes and ..
- Ara-C increases gastric cancer cell invasion by upregulating CD-147-MMP-2/MMP‑9 via the ERK signaling pathwayGuang Lin Yang
Department of General Surgery, Shanghai 9th People s Hospital, Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, Shanghai 200011, P R China
Oncol Rep 33:2045-51. 2015..The results are therefore useful in the prevention of Ara-C collateral damage associated with standard, conventional protocols of chemotherapy administration. ..
- Expression of high mobility group box - B1 (HMGB-1) and matrix metalloproteinase-9 (MMP-9) in non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC)Jing luan Wang
Department of Critical Care Medicine, Qilu Hospital, Shandong University, Jinan, China E mail
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 15:4865-9. 2014..This study evaluated the expression level of high mobility group box-B1 (HMGB-1) and matrix metalloproteinase-9 (MMP-9) in non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) inmorder to reveal any relation with development and prognosis...
- Multiple sclerosis susceptibility genes: associations with relapse severity and recoveryEllen M Mowry
Multiple Sclerosis Center, Department of Neurology, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e75416. 2013..Patients with early multiple sclerosis (MS) have stereotyped attack severity and recovery. We sought to determine if polymorphisms in MS susceptibility genes are associated with these attack features or with the risk of a second attack...
- CEP162 is an axoneme-recognition protein promoting ciliary transition zone assembly at the cilia baseWon Jing Wang
Cell Biology Program, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10065, USA
Nat Cell Biol 15:591-601. 2013..CEP162 is thus an axoneme-recognition protein pre-tethered at centriole distal ends before ciliogenesis to promote and restrict transition zone formation specifically at the cilia base...
- Demodex-associated Bacillus proteins induce an aberrant wound healing response in a corneal epithelial cell line: possible implications for corneal ulcer formation in ocular rosaceaNiamh O'Reilly
Department of Biology, NUI Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 53:3250-9. 2012..The aim of the work presented here was to establish the response of a corneal epithelial cell line (hTCEpi) to protein extracted from a bacterium (Bacillus oleronius) previously isolated from a Demodex mite from a rosacea patient...
- The relationship between maximal exercise-induced increases in serum IL-6, MPO and MMP-9 concentrationsD Reihmane
Xlab, Center for Healthy Aging, Department of Biomedical Sciences, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
Scand J Immunol 76:188-92. 2012..Furthermore, correlation between increases in serum IL-6 and MMP-9 concentrations may suggest that IL-6 could exert modulatory effects on MMP-9 release during maximal exercise...
- Enhanced neuronal plasticity and elevated endogenous sAPPα levels in mice over-expressing MMP9Apostolia Fragkouli
Laboratory of Cell and Matrix Pathobiology, Institute of Biology, NCSR Demokritos, Athens, Greece
J Neurochem 121:239-51. 2012..Moreover, elevated sAPPα levels in the hippocampus and cortex of MPP9 transgenic animals were also observed...
- Identification of novel M phase phosphoproteins by expression cloningN Matsumoto-Taniura
Department of Cell Biology, Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Mol Biol Cell 7:1455-69. 1996..Three MPPS were strikingly localized to interphase structures: MPP7 to centers of DNA replication, MPP9 to the Golgi complex, and MPP10 to nucleoli. In mitosis, most of the MPPs were distributed throughout the cells...
- Effects of doxycycline on production of growth factors and matrix metalloproteinases in pulmonary fibrosisHanako Fujita
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Nagasaki University School of Medicine, Nagasaki, Japan
Respiration 81:420-30. 2011..Doxycycline hydrochloride (DOXY), an inhibitor of MMPs, attenuates pulmonary fibrosis in models and in patients with IPF; however, the mechanism of this action remains obscure...
- An application of Random Forests to a genome-wide association dataset: methodological considerations & new findingsBenjamin A Goldstein
Division of Biostatistics, School of Public Health, University of California, Berkeley, CA, USA
BMC Genet 11:49. 2010..One such approach is the Random Forests (RF) algorithm. The use of RF for SNP discovery related to human disease has grown in recent years; however, most work has focused on small datasets or simulation studies which are limited...
- Array-based gene expression, CGH and tissue data defines a 12q24 gain in neuroblastic tumors with prognostic implicationMaija Wolf
Institute for Molecular Medicine Finland FIMM, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
BMC Cancer 10:181. 2010..Here, we present a framework, which integrates DNA, RNA and tissue data to identify and prioritize genetic events that represent clinically relevant new therapeutic targets and prognostic biomarkers for neuroblastoma...
- Integration of genetic risk factors into a clinical algorithm for multiple sclerosis susceptibility: a weighted genetic risk scorePhilip L De Jager
Program in Translational NeuroPsychiatric Genomics, Department of Neurology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Lancet Neurol 8:1111-9. 2009..We investigated the usefulness of an aggregate measure of risk of MS that is based on genetic susceptibility loci. We also assessed the added effect of environmental risk factors that are associated with susceptibility for MS...
- Transcriptional analysis of buffalo (Bubalus bubalis) oocytes during in vitro maturation using bovine cDNA microarrayO M Kandil
Department of Animal Reproduction and A I, National Research Centre, Dokki, Giza, Egypt
Reprod Domest Anim 45:63-74. 2010..Among these, transcription factors (ZFP91), M-phase mitotic cell cycle (MPHOSPH9), growth factor (BMP15) and DNA binding (HMGN2) were found to be up-regulated in immature oocytes...
- Increased plasma matrix metalloproteinase-9 levels in migraineursKeiko Imamura
Department of Neurology, Institute of Neurological Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, Tottori University, Yonago, Japan
Headache 48:135-9. 2008..To seek their possible association, we investigated plasma MMP-9 levels in migraineurs during headache-free periods...
- Glucocorticoids plus opioids up-regulate genes that influence neuronal functionGregg R Ward
Neuroscience of Drug Abuse Research Program, Julius L Chambers Biomedical Biotechnology Research Institute, North Carolina Central University, Durham, NC 27707, USA
Cell Mol Neurobiol 27:651-60. 2007..FRS2 (fibroblast growth factor receptor substrate-2; CTNNB1 (beta1-catenin); PRCP (prolyl-carboxypeptidase); MPHOSPH9 (M-phase phosphoprotein 9); and ZFP95 (zinc finger protein 95) serve important neuronal functions in signal ..