Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: moesin
Alias: HEL70, IMD50, moesin, epididymis luminal protein 70, membrane-organizing extension spike protein
Publications258 found, 100 shown here
- Moesin is required for HIV-1-induced CD4-CXCR4 interaction, F-actin redistribution, membrane fusion and viral infection in lymphocytesMarta Barrero-Villar
Servicio de Inmunologia, Hospital Universitario de la Princesa, 28006 Madrid, Spain
J Cell Sci 122:103-13. 2009..we have investigated whether HIV-1 Env might promote viral entry and infection by activating ERM (ezrin-radixin-moesin) proteins to regulate F-actin reorganization and CD4/CXCR4 co-clustering...
- Activation of moesin, a protein that links actin cytoskeleton to the plasma membrane, occurs by phosphatidylinositol 4,5-bisphosphate (PIP2) binding sequentially to two sites and releasing an autoinhibitory linkerKhadija Ben-Aissa
Experimental Immunology Branch, NCI, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Biol Chem 287:16311-23. 2012Many cellular processes depend on ERM (ezrin, moesin, and radixin) proteins mediating regulated linkage between plasma membrane and actin cytoskeleton...
- Ezrin, Radixin, and Moesin (ERM) proteins function as pleiotropic regulators of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 infectionYoshinao Kubo
Department of AIDS Research, Institute of Tropical Medicine, Nagasaki University, Nagasaki, National Institute of Infectious Diseases, Tokyo, Japan
Virology 375:130-40. 2008Ezrin, radixin, and moesin (ERM) proteins supply functional linkage between integral membrane proteins and cytoskeleton in mammalian cells to regulate membrane protein dynamisms and cytoskeleton rearrangement...
- Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV-1) Vpr induced downregulation of NHE1 induces alteration in intracellular pH and loss of ERM complex in target cellsMichelle L Janket
Department of Infectious Diseases and Microbiology, Graduate School of Public Health, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Virus Res 126:76-85. 2007..downregulation further led to acidification of cells and was directly correlated with loss of ezrin, radixin and moesin (ERM) protein complex and decreased AKT phosphorylation...
- Cytoskeletal proteins inside human immunodeficiency virus type 1 virionsD E Ott
AIDS Vaccine Program, National Cancer Institute, Frederick Cancer Research and Development Center, Maryland 21702 1201, USA
J Virol 70:7734-43. 1996..virions at different concentrations relative to the molar level of Gag: actin (approximately 10 to 15%), ezrin and moesin (approximately 2%), and cofilin (approximately 2 to 10%)...
- Dynamic interaction of VCAM-1 and ICAM-1 with moesin and ezrin in a novel endothelial docking structure for adherent leukocytesOlga Barreiro
Servicio de Inmunologia, Hospital de la Princesa, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, 28006 Madrid, Spain
J Cell Biol 157:1233-45. 2002Ezrin, radixin, and moesin (ERM) regulate cortical morphogenesis and cell adhesion by connecting membrane adhesion receptors to the actin-based cytoskeleton...
- A juxta-membrane amino acid sequence of P-selectin glycoprotein ligand-1 is involved in moesin binding and ezrin/radixin/moesin-directed targeting at the trailing edge of migrating lymphocytesJuan M Serrador
Servicio de Inmunologia, Hospital de la Princesa, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Madrid, Spain
Eur J Immunol 32:1560-6. 2002..Dynamic fluorescence videomicroscopy analyses of migrating lymphocytes demonstrated that PSGL-1 and moesin redistributed towards the cellular uropod at the trailing edge of these cells, where activated ezrin/radixin/..
- Moesin: a member of the protein 4.1-talin-ezrin family of proteinsW T Lankes
Department of Pathology, Stanford University School of Medicine, CA 94305
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 88:8297-301. 1991b>Moesin (membrane-organizing extension spike protein, pronounced mó ez in) has previously been isolated from bovine uterus and characterized as a possible receptor protein for heparan sulfate...
- Ezrin self-association involves binding of an N-terminal domain to a normally masked C-terminal domain that includes the F-actin binding siteR Gary
Section of Biochemistry, Molecular and Cell Biology, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 14853, USA
Mol Biol Cell 6:1061-75. 1995..It is closely related to the microvillar proteins radixin and moesin and to the tumor suppressor merlin/schwannomin...
- Ezrin has properties to self-associate at the plasma membraneC Andreoli
CNRS URA 1856, Universite Montpellier II, Département Biologie Santé, France
J Cell Sci 107:2509-21. 1994..and the 77 and 72 kDa proteins as gastric forms of proteins structurally related to ezrin, such as radixin and moesin. In insect cells infected with a recombinant baculovirus, one-third of over-expressed ezrin accumulated at the ..
- Moesin: a cell membrane protein linked with susceptibility to measles virus infectionL M Dunster
Institut fur Virologie und Immunbiologie, Wurzburg, Germany
Virology 198:265-74. 1994..microsequencing of this protein revealed its identity with the human membrane-organizing extension spike protein moesin, a protein intra- and extracellularly associated with the plasma membrane of cells...
- Phosphorylation of threonine 558 in the carboxyl-terminal actin-binding domain of moesin by thrombin activation of human plateletsF Nakamura
Department of Pathology, Laboratory of Experimental Oncology, Stanford University School of Medicine, California 94305 5324, USA
J Biol Chem 270:31377-85. 1995The phosphorylation and localization of the membrane-linking protein moesin was analyzed during early activation of platelets with thrombin...
- ERM (ezrin/radixin/moesin) family: from cytoskeleton to signal transductionS Tsukita
Department of Cell Biology, Faculty of Medicine, Kyoto University, Yoshida Konoe, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606, Japan
Curr Opin Cell Biol 9:70-5. 1997The ERM family consists of three closely related proteins, ezrin, radixin, and moesin, that are thought to work as cross-linkers between plasma membranes and actin-based cytoskeletons...
- Moesin interacts with the cytoplasmic region of intercellular adhesion molecule-3 and is redistributed to the uropod of T lymphocytes during cell polarizationJ M Serrador
Servicio de Inmunologia, Hospital de la Princesa, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, 28006 Madrid, Spain
J Cell Biol 138:1409-23. 1997..Immunofluorescence analysis showed that the ERM proteins radixin and moesin localized to the uropod of human T lymphoblasts treated with the chemokine RANTES (regulated on activation, normal ..
- Identification of EBP50: A PDZ-containing phosphoprotein that associates with members of the ezrin-radixin-moesin familyD Reczek
Section of Biochemistry, Molecular and Cell Biology, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 14853, USA
J Cell Biol 139:169-79. 1997Members of the ezrin-radixin-moesin (ERM) family of membrane-cytoskeletal linking proteins have NH2- and COOH-terminal domains that associate with the plasma membrane and the actin cytoskeleton, respectively...
- Phosphorylation of moesin by rho-associated kinase (Rho-kinase) plays a crucial role in the formation of microvilli-like structuresN Oshiro
Division of Signal Transduction, Nara Institute of Science and Technology, 8916 5 Takayama, Ikoma 630 0101, Japan
J Biol Chem 273:34663-6. 1998Rho-associated kinase (Rho-kinase), which is activated by the small GTPase Rho, phosphorylates moesin at Thr558 in vitro...
- Regulation of F-actin binding to platelet moesin in vitro by both phosphorylation of threonine 558 and polyphosphatidylinositidesF Nakamura
Laboratory of Environmental Biochemistry, Department of Environmental Biology, Graduate School of Agricultural Sciences, Tohoku University, Sendai 981 8555, Japan
Mol Biol Cell 10:2669-85. 1999Activation of human platelets with thrombin transiently increases phosphorylation at (558)threonine of moesin as determined with phosphorylation state-specific antibodies...
- Protein phosphatase 2C inactivates F-actin binding of human platelet moesinA Hishiya
Department of Environmental Biology, Graduate School of Agricultural Science, Tohoku University, Sendai 981 8555, Japan
J Biol Chem 274:26705-12. 1999..platelets by thrombin phosphorylation of Thr(558) in the C-terminal domain of the membrane-F-actin linking protein moesin increases transiently, and this correlates with protrusion of filopodial structures...
- Structure of the ERM protein moesin reveals the FERM domain fold masked by an extended actin binding tail domainM A Pearson
Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 14853, USA
Cell 101:259-70. 2000The ezrin-radixin-moesin (ERM) protein family link actin filaments of cell surface structures to the plasma membrane, using a C-terminal F-actin binding segment and an N-terminal FERM domain, a common membrane binding module...
- The cytoplasmic tail of L-selectin interacts with members of the Ezrin-Radixin-Moesin (ERM) family of proteins: cell activation-dependent binding of Moesin but not EzrinAleksandar Ivetic
Divisions of Cellular Immunology, National Institute for Medical Research, The Ridgeway, Mill Hill, London NW7 1AA, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 277:2321-9. 2002..By using this approach, members of the Ezrin-Radixin-Moesin family of proteins were found to interact specifically with the cytoplasmic tail of L-selectin...
- ITAM-based interaction of ERM proteins with Syk mediates signaling by the leukocyte adhesion receptor PSGL-1Ana Urzainqui
Servicio de Inmunologia, Hospital de la Princesa, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Madrid, Spain
Immunity 17:401-12. 2002..Our work shows that PSGL-1 associates with Syk. This association is mediated by the actin-linking proteins moesin and ezrin, which directly interact with Syk in an ITAM-dependent manner...
- The amino-terminal domains of the ezrin, radixin, and moesin (ERM) proteins bind advanced glycation end products, an interaction that may play a role in the development of diabetic complicationsE Anne McRobert
Department of Medicine, University of Melbourne, Austin and Repatriation Medical Centre, Heidelberg, 3084 Victoria, Australia
J Biol Chem 278:25783-9. 2003..NH2-terminal and internal sequencing identified the proteins as the NH2-terminal domains of ezrin, radixin, and moesin (ERM proteins)...
- Clinical significance of cellular distribution of moesin in patients with oral squamous cell carcinomaHiroichi Kobayashi
Department of Dentistry and Oral Surgery, Shinshu University School of Medicine, Asahi, Matsumoto, Japan
Clin Cancer Res 10:572-80. 2004b>Moesin is a linking protein of the submembraneous cytoskeleton and plays a key role in the control of cell morphology, adhesion, and motility...
- Differential regulation of phagosome maturation in macrophages and dendritic cells mediated by Rho GTPases and ezrin-radixin-moesin (ERM) proteinsLars Peter Erwig
Program in Cell Biology, Department of Pediatrics, National Jewish Medical and Research Center, 1400 Jackson Street, Denver, CO 80206, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:12825-30. 2006..The early maturation was shown to depend on activation of Rho acting through Rho kinase on ezrin-radixin-moesin proteins...
- Phosphorylated ERM is responsible for increased T cell polarization, adhesion, and migration in patients with systemic lupus erythematosusYansong Li
Department of Cellular Injury, Walter Reed Army Institute of Research, Silver Spring, MD 20910, USA
J Immunol 178:1938-47. 2007..We report that SLE T lymphocytes display increased levels of CD44, ezrin, radixin, and moesin (ERM) phosphorylation, stronger actin polymerization, higher polar cap formation, and enhanced adhesion and ..
- Rho-ROCK-dependent ezrin-radixin-moesin phosphorylation regulates Fas-mediated apoptosis in Jurkat cellsMarylise Hebert
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U749, Faculte de Pharmacie, Chatenay Malabry, France
J Immunol 181:5963-73. 2008..It has been shown that ezrin, a member of the ERM (ezrin-radixin-moesin) protein family can link Fas to the actin cytoskeleton...
- Moesin regulates the trafficking of nascent clathrin-coated vesiclesJonathan Barroso-González
Laboratorio de Inmunología Celular y Viral, Unidad de Farmacologia, Departamento de Medicina Física y Farmacología, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de La Laguna, Instituto de Tecnologías Biomédicas, Campus de Ofra s n, Tenerife 38071, Spain
J Biol Chem 284:2419-34. 2009..We have observed that the endogenous F-actin-linker moesin co-distributes with constitutive components of clathrin-coated structures...
- Moesin-dependent cytoskeleton remodelling is associated with an anaplastic phenotype of pancreatic cancerIvane Abiatari
Department of General Surgery, Technische Universitat Munchen, Ismaningerstrasse 22, 81675 Munich, Germany
J Cell Mol Med 14:1166-79. 2010..motility is controlled by the dynamic cytoskeleton and its related proteins, such as members of the ezrin/radixin/moesin (ERM) family, which act as signalling molecules inducing cytoskeleton remodelling...
- Moesin orchestrates cortical polarity of melanoma tumour cells to initiate 3D invasionAna Estecha
Laboratorio de Inmuno oncología, Hospital General Universitario Gregorio Maranon, 28007 Madrid, Spain
J Cell Sci 122:3492-501. 2009..of cortical actin-membrane binding might be important in this process, we investigated the role of ezrin and moesin, which are key crosslinking proteins of the ERM (ezrin, radixin, moesin) family...
- Phosphorylation of ezrin/radixin/moesin proteins by LRRK2 promotes the rearrangement of actin cytoskeleton in neuronal morphogenesisLoukia Parisiadou
Unit of Transgenesis, Laboratory of Neurogenetics, National Institute on Aging, NIH, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Neurosci 29:13971-80. 2009Leucine-rich repeat kinase 2 (LRRK2) functions as a putative protein kinase of ezrin, radixin, and moesin (ERM) family proteins...
- Tumor necrosis factor-alpha regulates transforming growth factor-beta-dependent epithelial-mesenchymal transition by promoting hyaluronan-CD44-moesin interactionEri Takahashi
Division of Gene Regulation, Institute for Advanced Medical Research, School of Medicine, Keio University, Tokyo 160 8582, Japan
J Biol Chem 285:4060-73. 2010..activation of transforming growth factor-beta (TGF-beta) signaling in a manner dependent on hyaluronan-CD44-moesin interaction...
- 14-3-3 binding to LRRK2 is disrupted by multiple Parkinson's disease-associated mutations and regulates cytoplasmic localizationR Jeremy Nichols
University of Dundee, Scotland, UK
Biochem J 430:393-404. 2010..These results provide the first evidence suggesting that 14-3-3 regulates LRRK2 and that disruption of the interaction of LRRK2 with 14-3-3 may be linked to Parkinson's disease...
- Increased phosphorylation of ezrin/radixin/moesin proteins contributes to proliferation of rheumatoid fibroblast-like synoviocytesHongwei Huang
Department of Rheumatology, The First Affiliated Hospital, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, Guangdong, PR China
Rheumatology (Oxford) 50:1045-53. 2011Increasing evidence indicates that ezrin/radixin/moesin (ERM) proteins may play a critical role in cell proliferation...
- Interplay between RAGE, CD44, and focal adhesion molecules in epithelial-mesenchymal transition of alveolar epithelial cellsStephen T Buckley
School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Trinity College Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 300:L548-59. 2011..has been suggested to maintain lung homeostasis by mediating cell adhesion, while the family of ezrin/radixin/moesin (ERM) proteins, on the other hand, serve as an important cross-linker between the plasma membrane and cytoskeleton...
- Differential involvement of ezrin/radixin/moesin proteins in sphingosine 1-phosphate-induced human pulmonary endothelial cell barrier enhancementDjanybek M Adyshev
Institute for Personalized Respiratory Medicine, Department of Medicine, Section of Pulmonary, Critical Care, Sleep, and Allergy, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Cell Signal 23:2086-96. 2011..In this study we explored the role of the ezrin, radixin, and moesin (ERM) family of actin-binding linker protein in modulating S1P-induced human pulmonary EC barrier enhancement...
- Dynamic actin remodeling during epithelial-mesenchymal transition depends on increased moesin expressionJennifer Haynes
Department of Cell and Tissue Biology, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Mol Biol Cell 22:4750-64. 2011..We show that efficient actin filament remodeling during EMT depends on increased expression of the ezrin/radixin/moesin (ERM) protein moesin...
- Differential expression of the microspike-associated protein moesin in human tissuesR Schwartz-Albiez
Tumor Immunology Program, German Cancer Research Center, Heidelberg
Eur J Cell Biol 67:189-98. 1995The protein moesin is a member of a gene family consisting of talin, ezrin, radixin, protein 4.1., and merlin. Proteins of this family are associated to the submenbranous cytoskeleton...
- Subcellular localization of moesin in dynamic filopodia, retraction fibers, and other structures involved in substrate exploration, attachment, and cell-cell contactsM R Amieva
Department of Pathology, Stanford University School of Medicine, California 94305, USA
Exp Cell Res 219:180-96. 1995b>Moesin, a member of the talin-4.1 superfamily, is a linking protein of the submembraneous cytoskeleton...
- Heterotypic and homotypic associations between ezrin and moesin, two putative membrane-cytoskeletal linking proteinsR Gary
Section of Biochemistry, Molecular and Cell Biology, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 90:10846-50. 1993Ezrin and moesin are components of actin-rich cell surface structures that are thought to function as membrane-cytoskeletal linking proteins...
- The ezrin protein family: membrane-cytoskeleton interactions and disease associationsA Vaheri
Haartman Institute, University of Helsinki, Finland
Curr Opin Cell Biol 9:659-66. 1997Ezrin, radixin, moesin and merlin form a subfamily of conserved proteins in the band 4.1 superfamily. Ezrin protein subfamily members act as linkers between the plasma membrane and the cytoskeleton...
- Ezrin/radixin/moesin (ERM) proteins bind to a positively charged amino acid cluster in the juxta-membrane cytoplasmic domain of CD44, CD43, and ICAM-2S Yonemura
Department of Cell Biology, Faculty of Medicine, Kyoto University, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 01, Japan
J Cell Biol 140:885-95. 1998CD44 has been identified as a membrane-binding partner for ezrin/radixin/moesin (ERM) proteins, plasma membrane/actin filament cross-linkers...
- A novel serine-rich motif in the intercellular adhesion molecule 3 is critical for its ezrin/radixin/moesin-directed subcellular targetingJuan M Serrador
Servicio de Inmunologia, Hospital de la Princesa, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Madrid 28006, Spain
J Biol Chem 277:10400-9. 2002..We have investigated the interaction between ICAM-3 and ezrin/radixin/moesin (ERM) proteins and its role in LFA-1-induced cell-cell interactions and membrane positioning of ICAM-3 in ..
- Moesin expression is a marker of basal breast carcinomasEmmanuelle Charafe-Jauffret
Laboratory of Molecular Oncology, Marseille Cancer Research Institute, UMR599 Inserm Institut Paoli Calmettes, Marseille, France
Int J Cancer 121:1779-85. 2007..In a previous transcriptional analysis of breast cell lines we found that Moesin expression was a potential basal marker...
- Mutagenesis of the ezrin-radixin-moesin binding domain of L-selectin tail affects shedding, microvillar positioning, and leukocyte tetheringAleksandar Ivetic
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Royal Free and University College School of Medicine, 91 Riding House Street, London W1W 7BS United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 279:33263-72. 2004..We have previously identified ezrin and moesin as novel binding partners of the 17-amino acid L-selectin tail, but the biological role of this interaction is not ..
- Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)-1 proteins and cytoskeleton: partners in viral life and host cell deathP Matarrese
Section of Cell Aging and Degeneration, Department of Drug Research and Evaluation, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Viale Regina Elena 299, Rome, Italy
Cell Death Differ 12:932-41. 2005..The microfilament system seems thus to be a sort of cytoplasmic supervisor of the viral particle, the host cell and the bystander cell's very fate...
- Analysis of codeine, dihydrocodeine and their glucuronides in human urine by electrokinetic capillary immunoassays and capillary electrophoresis-ion trap mass spectrometryA B Wey
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, University of Berne, Switzerland
J Chromatogr A 895:133-46. 2000..5) and DHC (m/z 478.5) via their fragmentation to COD and DHC, respectively. MSn (n > or = 2) is shown to be capable of properly identifying the urinary codeinoids on the 100-200 ng/ml concentration level...
- Comparison of phenolic compounds of rhubarbs in the section deserticola with Rheum palmatum by HPLC-DAD-ESI-MSnJian Han
School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Peking University Health Science Center, Beijing, People s Republic of China
Planta Med 74:873-9. 2008..These results may be useful for the quality control of rhubarb in order to guarantee its clinical effects, and may also be helpful for the further clarification of the taxonomic relationship of the plants in the sect. deserticola...
- Fast liquid chromatography/multiple-stage mass spectrometry of coccidiostatsAnna Martínez-Villalba
Department of Analytical Chemistry, Unversity of Barcelona, Av Diagonal 647, E 08028 Barcelona, Spain
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 23:1255-63. 2009..Method detection limits ranging from 11 to 71 ng L(-1) and run-to-run values in terms of relative standard deviation (RSD) (up to 12%) were obtained...
- Use of Internet audience measurement data to gauge market share for online health information servicesFred B Wood
Office of Health Information Programs Development, National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20894, USA
J Med Internet Res 7:e31. 2005..A multidimensional evaluative approach is needed...
- Intact polar membrane lipids in prokaryotes and sediments deciphered by high-performance liquid chromatography/electrospray ionization multistage mass spectrometry--new biomarkers for biogeochemistry and microbial ecologyHelen F Sturt
Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution, Department of Geology and Geophysics, Woods Hole, MA 02543, USA
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 18:617-28. 2004..Additional calditol-based tetraethers imply that the sedimentary archaea are taxonomically linked to the crenarchaeal Sulfolobales...
- Metabolism of acetaminophen (paracetamol) in plants--two independent pathways result in the formation of a glutathione and a glucose conjugateChristian Huber
Department of Microbe Plant Interactions, German Research Center for Health and Environment GmbH, Ingolstadter Landstrasse 1, 85764, Neuherberg, Germany
Environ Sci Pollut Res Int 16:206-13. 2009..In this study, we want to investigate the fate and metabolism of N-acetyl-4-aminophenol (paracetamol) in plant tissues using the cell culture of Armoracia rusticana L. as a model system...
- [Ambulatory blood pressure monitoring and left ventricular hypertrophy: correlations and trial of predictive value]P Massabuau
, CHU de Rangueil, Toulouse
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 85:1173-5. 1992..If the predictive value of MSF is low, his specificity is rather high and conversely MSN has a good predictive value for selection of hypertrophic patients...
- Rapid identification of C21 steroidal saponins in Cynanchum versicolor Bunge by electrospray ionization multi-stage tandem mass spectrometry and liquid chromatography/tandem mass spectrometryZhaoguang Zheng
School of Pharmacy, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai 200433, PR China
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 21:279-85. 2007..It is indicated that the described method had wide applicability to rapidly screen and provide structural confirmation on C21 steroidal saponins in crude materials...
- Endocytosis of a single mesoporous silica nanoparticle into a human lung cancer cell observed by differential interference contrast microscopyWei Sun
Ames Laboratory USDOE and Department of Chemistry, Iowa State University, Ames, IA 50011, USA
Anal Bioanal Chem 391:2119-25. 2008..Such accurate 3D particle tracking ability in living cells is essential for studies of selectively targeted drug delivery based on endocytosis...
- Identification of glycoproteins carrying a target glycan-motif by liquid chromatography/multiple-stage mass spectrometry: identification of Lewis x-conjugated glycoproteins in mouse kidneyNoritaka Hashii
Division of Biological Chemistry and Biologicals, National Institute of Health Sciences, 1 18 1 Kamiyouga, Setagaya Ku, Tokyo 158 8501, Japan
J Proteome Res 8:3415-29. 2009..The results indicated that our method could be applicable for the identification and screening of glycoproteins carrying target glycan-motifs, such as Lewis epitopes...
- Standard dose of inhaled albuterol significantly increases QT dispersion compared to low dose of albuterol plus ipratropium bromide therapy in moderate to severe acute asthma attacks in childrenS Coskun
Department of Pediatrics, Celal Bayar, University Medical Faculty, Manisa, Turkey
Pediatr Int 43:631-6. 2001....
- [Identification of estazolam, alprazolam and triazolam in human urine by LC/MSn]Jing Kai Gu
Laboratory of Drug Metabolism, College of Life Science, Jilin University, Changchun 130023, China
Yao Xue Xue Bao 37:138-40. 2002..To investigate the fragmentation behavior of triazolobenzodiazepines and to develop a specific, sensitive and rapid LC/MSn assay for simultaneous determination of estazolam, alprazolam and triazolam in human urine...
- Characterization of lipid A acylation patterns in Francisella tularensis, Francisella novicida, and Francisella philomiragia using multiple-stage mass spectrometry and matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization on an intermediate vacuum source linear ionBirgit Schilling
The Buck Institute for Age Research, Novato, California 94945, USA
Anal Chem 79:1034-42. 2007..Overall, we found that MSn analysis on the vMALDI-LIT-MS platform was highly efficient and sensitive, allowing for thorough analysis of very minor lipid A species...
- Structural characterization of constituents with molecular diversity in fractions from Lysidice brevicalyx by liquid chromatography/diode-array detection/electrospray ionization tandem mass spectrometry and liquid chromatography/nuclear magnetic resonanceJing Qu
Key Laboratory of Bioactive Substances and Resources Utilization of Chinese Herbal Medicine, Ministry of Education, Institute of Materia Medica, Peking Union Medical College and Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Beijing, People s Republic of China
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 22:755-65. 2008..The aim is to develop an effective analytical method for on-line structural identification of natural products with molecular diversity in plants, and to guide the rapid and direct isolation of novel compounds by chemical screening...
- Accelerated oxidation of epinephrine by silica nanoparticlesZhimin Tao
Department of Chemistry, Syracuse University, Syracuse, New York 13244, USA
Langmuir 25:10183-8. 2009..It seems, therefore, that large surface area, characteristic mesoporosity, and surface structures aid in the deposit of oxygen radicals inside MSN particles, which catalyze the epinephrine oxidation in a favorable phosphate environment...
- Dynamics of synaptic transmission between fast-spiking interneurons and striatal projection neurons of the direct and indirect pathwaysHenrike Planert
Department of Neuroscience, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
J Neurosci 30:3499-507. 2010..Our findings show that the two intrastriatal inhibitory pathways have fundamentally different dynamic properties that are, however, similarly applied to both direct and indirect striatal projections...
- Practice guidelines for videoconferencing-based telemental health - october 2009Peter Yellowlees
1 UC Davis Psychiatry, Sacramento, California
Telemed J E Health 16:1074-89. 2010..White, MA, LCPC [WG] Jill Winters, PhD, RN [SG] Peter Yellowlees, MD [C]...
- Structural determination of neutral O-linked oligosaccharide alditols by negative ion LC-electrospray-MSnNiclas G Karlsson
Proteome Systems Ltd, Sydney, Australia
J Am Soc Mass Spectrom 15:659-72. 2004..In essence, negative ion LC-MS(2) was able to generate extensive data for understanding the overall glycosylation pattern of a sample, especially when only a limited amount of material is available...
- Blink reflex recovery in central and peripherally originated movement disorders of the cranio-cervical area: a comparative studyM Yaman
Department of Neurology, Faculty of Medicine, Afyon Kocatepe University, Afyon, Turkey
Electromyogr Clin Neurophysiol 49:19-25. 2009..In this study the BR recovery curve of the late component (R2) and R2 area was evaluated to determine what changes occur under different conditions and the significance of these changes...
- [Observation on the central afferent pathway of "Guanyuan" (CV 4) under normal and pathological states and the influence of electroacupuncture]Feng Zhang
Department of Integrative Medicine and Neurobiology, Shanghai Medical College of Fudan University and Institute of Brain Research, Fudan University, Shanghai 200032, China
Zhen Ci Yan Jiu 33:147-53. 2008..To investigate the afferent pathways of "Guanyuan" (CV 4) under normal and pathological states and to observe the effect of electroacupuncture (EA) on them...
- Impact of dendritic spine preservation in medium spiny neurons on dopamine graft efficacy and the expression of dyskinesias in parkinsonian ratsKatherine E Soderstrom
Department of Neurological Sciences, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Eur J Neurosci 31:478-90. 2010..Taken together, these results demonstrate that even with grafting suboptimal numbers of cells, maintaining normal spine density on target MSNs results in overall superior behavioral efficacy of dopamine grafts...
- Confirmation of residues of thyreostatic drugs in thyroid glands by multiple mass spectrometry after thin-layer chromatographic screeningK De Wasch
Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Ghent, Department of Veterinary Food Inspection, Merelbeke, Belgium
J Chromatogr A 819:99-111. 1998..The thyreostatic drugs were derivatised with 7-chloro-4-nitrobenzo-2-oxa-1,3-diazole...
- A Drosophila TNF-receptor-associated factor (TRAF) binds the ste20 kinase Misshapen and activates Jun kinaseH Liu
Department of Pharmacology, New York University Medical Center, Skirball Institute of Biomolecular Medicine, 540 First Avenue, New York 10016, USA
Curr Biol 9:101-4. 1999..We have extended some of these observations to the mammalian homolog of Msn, Nck-interacting kinase (NIK), suggesting that TRAFs also play a critical role in regulating Ste20 kinases in mammals...
- Peramine and other fungal alkaloids are exuded in the guttation fluid of endophyte-infected grassesAlbert Koulman
AgResearch Grasslands Research Centre, Forage Biotechnology, Tennent Drive, Private Bag 11008, Palmerston North, New Zealand
Phytochemistry 68:355-60. 2007..In some associations we also detected lolines and ergot peptide alkaloids. This is the first report showing the mobilization of fungal alkaloids into plant fluids by the host plant in grass-endophyte associations...
- Analysis of lignans in Schisandra chinensis and rat plasma by high-performance liquid chromatography diode-array detection, time-of-flight mass spectrometry and quadrupole ion trap mass spectrometryZiyang Lou
School of Pharmacy, Second Military Medical University, and Department of Pharmacy, Eastern Hepatobiliary Surgery Hospital, Shanghai 200433, China
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 23:831-42. 2009..In addition, it can provide help for further pharmacology and action mechanism study of lignans in Schisandra chinensis...
- Ras-guanine nucleotide-releasing factor 1 (Ras-GRF1) controls activation of extracellular signal-regulated kinase (ERK) signaling in the striatum and long-term behavioral responses to cocaineStefania Fasano
Institute of Experimental Neurology, Division of Neuroscience, San Raffaele Foundation and University, Milano, Italy
Biol Psychiatry 66:758-68. 2009....
- An evaluation of the quality of Turkish community pharmacy web sites concerning HON principlesSelen Yegenoglu
Department of Pharmacy Management, Hacettepe University, Sihhiye, Ankara 06100, Turkey
Telemed J E Health 14:375-80. 2008..7%). Because of the results of our study, the Turkish Pharmacists Association can take a pioneer role to apply some principles such as HON code of conduct in order to increase the quality of Turkish community pharmacists' Web sites...
- Characterization of the interglycosidic linkage in di-, tri-, tetra- and pentaglycosylated flavonoids and differentiation of positional isomers by liquid chromatography/electrospray ionization tandem mass spectrometryF Ferreres
Research Group on Quality, Safety and Bioactivity of Plant Foods, Department of Food Science and Technology, CEBAS CSIC, PO Box 164, E 30100 Espinardo Murcia, Spain
J Mass Spectrom 39:312-21. 2004....
- Characterization of a gel-separated unknown glycoprotein by liquid chromatography/multistage tandem mass spectrometry: analysis of rat brain Thy-1 separated by sodium dodecyl sulfate-polyacrylamide gel electrophoresisSatsuki Itoh
Division of Biological Chemistry and Biologicals, National Institute of Health Science, 1 18 1, Kamiyoga, Setagaya Ku, Tokyo 158 8501, Japan
J Chromatogr A 1094:105-17. 2005..Our method is simple, rapid and useful for the characterization of unknown glycoproteins in a complex mixture of proteins...
- Identification of tanshinones and their metabolites in rat bile after oral administration of TTE-50, a standardized extract of Salvia miltiorrhiza by HPLC-ESI-DAD-MSnJiang Hao Sun
The State Key Laboratory of Natural and Biomimetic Drugs, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Peking University, Beijing 100083, PR China
J Pharm Biomed Anal 44:564-74. 2007..The established method was valuable for the study of the metabolism of complex system such as herbal extracts or traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) formula...
- Profiling and characterization by LC-MSn of the galloylquinic acids of green tea, tara tannin, and tannic acidMichael N Clifford
School of Biomedical and Molecular Sciences, Centre for Nutrition and Food Safety, University of Surrey, Guildford, Surrey, United Kingdom
J Agric Food Chem 55:2797-807. 2007..Methanolysis of tara tannin yielded methyl gallate, methyl digallate, and methyl trigallate, demonstrating that some of these galloylquinic acids contained at least one side chain of up to four galloyl residues...
- Identification of dimeric anthocyanins and new oligomeric pigments in red wine by means of HPLC-DAD-ESI/MSnCristina Alcalde-Eon
Grupo de Investigación en Polifenoles, Departamento de Quimica Analitica, Nutricion y Bromatologia, Facultad de Farmacia Universidad de Salamanca, Campus Miguel de Unamuno, 37007 Salamanca, Spain
J Mass Spectrom 42:735-48. 2007....
- Hoarseness and misdirected swallowing in patients with hiatal herniaAnna Britta Mjönes
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, University Hospital, Linkoping, Sweden
Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 264:1437-9. 2007..There is a predisposition for hoarseness and MSL in patients with hiatal hernias, but the cause-and-effect relationship is unclear. Hoarseness does not seem to be caused by pathological GER...
- Preparative isolation of anthocyanins from Japanese purple sweet potato (Ipomoea batatas L.) varieties by high-speed countercurrent chromatographyElyana Cuevas Montilla
Institute of Food Chemistry, Technische Universitat Braunschweig, Schleinitzstrasse 20, 38106 Braunschweig, Germany
J Agric Food Chem 58:9899-904. 2010..The purity and identity of the so-obtained pigments were confirmed by NMR measurements...
- Binding of monoiodinated neuropeptide Y to hippocampal membranes and human neuroblastoma cell linesS P Sheikh
Laboratory of Molecular Endocrinology, University Department of Clinical Chemistry, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen, Denmark
J Biol Chem 264:6648-54. 1989..It is concluded that monoiodinated radioligands of the tyrosine-rich neuropeptide Y can be prepared and that receptors for these ligands in two apparently different subtypes are found on a series of human neuroblastoma cell lines...
- Characterization of antioxidants and change of antioxidant levels during storage of Manilkara zapota LGuanghou Shui
Food Science and Technology Program, Department of Chemistry, National University of Singapore, 117543, Singapore
J Agric Food Chem 52:7834-41. 2004..The change of the content of major antioxidant peaks was also consistent with changes of antioxidant levels during storage...
- Simultaneous separation and identification of oligomeric procyanidins and anthocyanin-derived pigments in raw red wine by HPLC-UV-ESI-MSnS Pati
Dipartimento di Scienze degli Alimenti, Universita degli Studi di Foggia, Via Napoli, 25 71100 Foggia, Italy
J Mass Spectrom 41:861-71. 2006..In particular, oligomeric structures (from dimers to pentamers), often present with several isomers, were identified and their fragmentation patterns clarified...
- Pronase-immobilized enzyme reactor: an approach for automation in glycoprotein analysis by LC/LC-ESI/MSnCaterina Temporini
Dipartimento di Chimica Farmaceutica, Universita di Pavia, Via Taramelli 12, I 27100 Pavia, Italy
Anal Chem 79:355-63. 2007..The proposed procedure reduces the glycoprotein analysis time from approximately 3 days, as in most of the traditional off-line methods, to approximately 1 h...
- Dysregulated information processing by medium spiny neurons in striatum of freely behaving mouse models of Huntington's diseaseBenjamin R Miller
Program in Neuroscience, Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences, Indiana University, 1101 East 10th St, Bloomington, IN 47405, USA
J Neurophysiol 100:2205-16. 2008..Dysregulation of this processing scheme, moreover, is a key component of HD pathophysiology regardless of the severity of HD symptoms, genetic construct, and background strain of the mouse models...
- Antagonizing L-type Ca2+ channel reduces development of abnormal involuntary movement in the rat model of L-3,4-dihydroxyphenylalanine-induced dyskinesiaStefan Schuster
Boehringer Ingelheim Pharma GmbH and Company KG, Biberach, Germany
Biol Psychiatry 65:518-26. 2009..This loss of connectivity is triggered by a dysregulation of intraspine Cav1.3 L-type Ca2+ channels. Here we address the possible implication of DA denervation-induced spine pruning in the development of L-DOPA-induced dyskinesia...
- A study of the workforce in emergency medicine: 2007Francis L Counselman
Department Emergency Medicine, Eastern Virginia Medical School and Emergency Physicians of Tidewater, Norfolk, VA 23507, USA
Am J Emerg Med 27:691-700. 2009..This study was undertaken to describe the current status of the emergency medicine workforce in the United States...
- Lipidomic analysis of human meibum using HPLC-MSnIgor A Butovich
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Texas, Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX, USA
Methods Mol Biol 579:221-46. 2009....
- Multistage electrospray ionization mass spectrometric analyses of sulfur-containing iridoid glucosides in Paederia scandensYan Zhou
Chengdu Institute of Biology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Chengdu 610041, Sichuan Province, People s Republic of China
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 21:1375-85. 2007..scandens by on-line LC/ESI-MSn. Major and diagnostic product ions have been identified and their origins are proposed...
- Metabolism of 14C-labelled and non-labelled sulfadiazine after administration to pigsMarc Lamshöft
Institute of Environmental Research INFU, University of Dortmund, Otto Hahn Strasse 6, 44221, Dortmund, Germany
Anal Bioanal Chem 388:1733-45. 2007..5 to 10,000 microg kg(-1) manure with a correlation coefficient>or=0.99. The same experiment was carried out simultaneously with non-labelled SDZ to obtain manure for outdoor soil experiments...
- Comparison of the profiles of chlorogenic acids and their derivatives from three Chinese traditional herbs by LC-MSnZheng Wang
College of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Hunan Agricultural University, Changsha 410128, China
Yao Xue Xue Bao 43:185-90. 2008..The comparatively unusual profile of caffeoylquinic acids in Houttuynla cordata Thunb. makes it a convenient source of 3-CQA and 4-CQA that are not commercially available...
- Seeking health information online: does Wikipedia matter?Michaël R Laurent
Faculty of Medicine, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven MRL, Belgium Department of Molecular Microbiology, Washington University, School of Medicine TJV, St Louis, MO
J Am Med Inform Assoc 16:471-9. 2009..07-0.10). CONCLUSIONS Based on its search engine ranking and page view statistics, the English Wikipedia is a prominent source of online health information compared to the other online health information providers studied...
- A critical evaluation of Web sites offering patient information on tinnitusStephen M Kieran
Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Waterford Regional Hospital, Co Waterford, Ireland
Ear Nose Throat J 89:E11-4. 2010..88 +/- 2.39 SD) than those representing commercial interests (4.32 +/- 2.10 SD). Tinnitus information available on the Internet is indeed variable, and care should be taken in recommending tinnitus Web sites to patients...
- Profiling and characterization by LC-MSn of the chlorogenic acids and hydroxycinnamoylshikimate esters in maté (Ilex paraguariensis)Rakesh Jaiswal
School of Engineering and Science, Chemistry, Jacobs University Bremen, Bremen, Germany
J Agric Food Chem 58:5471-84. 2010....
- Evidence-based practice for telemental healthBrian Grady
1 University of Maryland Psychiatry, Baltimore, Maryland
Telemed J E Health 17:131-48. 2011..White, MA, LCPC [WG] Jill Winters, PhD, RN [SG] Peter Yellowlees, MD [C]...
- Determination of spectinomycin hydrochloride and its related substances by HPLC-ELSD and HPLC-MSnJian Wang
Department of Analytical Chemistry, China Pharmaceutical University, Nanjing 210009, PR China
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 834:178-82. 2006..The possible structures of impurities C and D in spectinomycin were deduced based on the HPLC-MS(n) data...
- Translation-state analysis of gene expression in mouse brain after focal ischemiaJohn P MacManus
Experimental Stroke Group, Institute for Biological Sciences, National Research Council, Ottawa, ON, Canada
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 24:657-67. 2004..promotion of cell survival or antiinflammatory behavior were noted, such as CD63 (Lamp3), Lcn2 (lipocalin-2), Msn (moesin), and UCP2 (uncoupling protein 2), all of which showed increases in cognate protein by Western blotting...
- Regioselectivity of human UDP-glucuronosyl-transferase 1A1 in the synthesis of flavonoid glucuronides determined by metal complexation and tandem mass spectrometryBarry D Davis
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Texas at Austin, Austin, Texas 78712, USA
J Am Soc Mass Spectrom 19:246-56. 2008..Moreover, the specific distribution of multiple glucuronide products (7-O, 3'-O, 4'-O) is governed by the subclass of flavonoid...
- Quasi-MSn identification of flavanone 7-glycoside isomers in Da Chengqi Tang by high performance liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometryFengguo Xu
Key Laboratory of Drug Quality Control and Pharmacovigilance Ministry of Education, China Pharmaceutical University, Nanjing, Jiangsu, PR China
Chin Med 4:15. 2009..The present study developed an LC-MS/MS method to characterize two pairs of flavanone 7-glycoside isomers, i.e., hesperidin versus neohesperidin and naringin versus isonaringin...
- Multi-stage mass spectrometric analysis of saponins in glycyrrhiza radixKen Tanaka
Department of Medicinal Resources, Institute of Natural Medicine, University ofToyama, 2630 Sugitani, Toyama 930 0194, Japan
Nat Prod Commun 6:7-10. 2011..Information obtained from the present study can be utilized for structural elucidation of triterpenoid saponins in the Glycyrrhiza radix by LC-MS...
- Analysis of Central European Corydalis species by nonaqueous capillary electrophoresis-electrospray ion trap mass spectrometrySonja Sturm
Institute of Pharmacy Pharmacognosy, Center of Molecular Biosciences, Leopold Franzens University Innsbruck, Innrain 52, A 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
J Chromatogr A 1159:42-50. 2007..Hierarchical cluster analysis and descriptive statistical methods were used to confirm the findings of the explorative PCA...
- Evaluation of Internet websites about floaters and light flashes in patient educationAndréa Lima Barbosa
Emergency Section, Department of Ophthalmology, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Arq Bras Oftalmol 70:839-43. 2007..Thus, information dissemination is crucial. This study aimed to evaluate the quality of information about floaters and light flashes available for patients on the Internet...
- Regulation of striatal cannabinoid CB1 receptors by DARPP32 and deltaFosB mediateMatthew F Lazenka; Fiscal Year: 2012..The proposed studies will determine the effects of repeated cannabinoid administration on biochemical messengers that regulate activity in these brain regions. ..
- Stefano Vicini; Fiscal Year: 2014....
- 5500 QTRAPJohn W Turk; Fiscal Year: 2010..Such information will provide insight into developing new ways to diagnose and treat human diseases and thereby improve human health. ..
- Rachel Wurzman; Fiscal Year: 2014..These studies will thus evaluate genetic factors that could contribute at multiple levels to the etiology of developmental neuropsychiatric disorders. ..
- DEVELOPING PET AGENTS FOR IMAGING PHOSPHODIESTERASE 10A (PDE10A)Zhude Tu; Fiscal Year: 2012..A PET radiotracer of PDE10A may help physician to quantify the progression of Huntington Disease based on the PET measurement of PDE10A level in patients with the Huntington disease patients. ..
- Beta-catenin modulates dopamine dependent signal transduction and behavior.JOSHUA CLAIR SNYDER; Fiscal Year: 2013..Completion of this proposal will provide further insight into dopamine dependent signaling and behaviors. Ultimately, this may provide a framework for the development of more efficacious treatments of neurological disease. ..
- Christopher W Cowan; Fiscal Year: 2015....
- Roger J Colbran; Fiscal Year: 2016..Test the hypothesis that CaMKII modulates eCB-dependent motor activity. We will evaluate motor activity and coordination under basal conditions and following pharmacological modulation of 2-AG metabolism in WT, T286A-KI and eAC3I mice. ..
- Jeffrey D Macklis; Fiscal Year: 2016..abstract_text> ..
- Jeffrey S Souris; Fiscal Year: 2016....
- Zhude Tu; Fiscal Year: 2015....
- Toni R Pak; Fiscal Year: 2016....
- Role of FMRP in Cocaine-Dependent Behavioral PlasticityCHRISTOPHER WILLIAM COWAN; Fiscal Year: 2012..Using established spine imaging methods, we will assess the basal and chronic cocaine-regulated NAc spine density in Fmr1 KO mice. ..
- Thomas F Murray; Fiscal Year: 2015....
- Anthony J Baucum; Fiscal Year: 2016..These studies will greatly enhance our understanding of spinophilin-mediated striatal signaling in animal models of PD and will inform potential drug targets for this disorder. ..
- Huntington's Disease and the StriatumMichelle E Ehrlich; Fiscal Year: 2010..Knowledge of striatal-specific transcriptional regulation will also be highly relevant to other diseases of the basal ganglia in which transcriptional dysregulation plays a role. II. ..
- DANIEL BRIAN CAMPBELL; Fiscal Year: 2016..of GWAS to ASD and SCZ identified highly significant genetic association of the non-coding RNAs (ncRNAs) MSNP1AS (moesin pseudogene 1, antisense;P=10-10 with ASD) and MIR137 (microRNA 137;P=10-11 with SCZ)...
- Ctip2 Function in Corticospinal Motor Neuron DevelopmentMOLLIE BURGOON WOODWORTH; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- The Role of GABAergic Transmission in the Development of Basal Ganglia PathwaysArpiar B Saunders; Fiscal Year: 2013..Establishing which aspects of circuit function are altered in disease states depends critically on understanding how activity and genetic programs interact to organize the circuit during development. ..
- Control of Glutamatergic Transmission by Acetylcholine Release in StriatumIan Antón Oldenburg; Fiscal Year: 2013..This approach allows the first opportunity to observe the effects of cholinergic interneuron activity, and provides the first insight to a function of the behaviorally important pause in TAN firing. ..
- Robert J Turesky; Fiscal Year: 2016..These novel screening techniques will be employed to measure AA-DNA adducts in human populations exposed to AA and diagnosed with upper urothelial cancer. ..
- Christoph Kellendonk; Fiscal Year: 2016....
- Sylvia Fitting; Fiscal Year: 2014....
- Lipid Tandem Quadrupole Mass SpectrometerROBERT CARL MURPHY; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies will lead to breakthroughs in our understanding of normal physiological as well as pathophysiologic processes. ..
- Acquisition of an Orbitrap XL ETD Mass Spectrometer through Upgrading an LTQEdward Hawrot; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Fu Ming Zhou; Fiscal Year: 2014..If proven, this is a new mechanism that can compensate for the loss of dopamine in PD, and the presynaptic D2Rs on the striatopallidal axon terminals may also be a target of the dopaminergic treatments for PD. ..
- ILYA B BEZPROZVANNY; Fiscal Year: 2016..The experiments described in the grant are aimed at testing specific hypothesis regarding pathogenesis of these diseases and will provide information critical for development of the cure. ..
- Robert M Friedlander; Fiscal Year: 2015..e. more vulnerable), as well as how mutant htt alters miR homeostasis, we should be able to both better understand the biology of HD as well as develop novel therapeutic approaches for the treatment of this devastating disease. ..
- Alipi Naydenov; Fiscal Year: 2015..We are hopeful that this project will yield information that will be of benefit to both the researc community and will lead to advances that benefit the general public. ..
- Optogenetic control of striatal dopamine in Huntington's diseaseMichael S Levine; Fiscal Year: 2013..In late stage HD, increasing DA release will restore some of the balance in MSN activity and will alleviate motor symptoms. ..
- DALTON JAMES SURMEIER; Fiscal Year: 2016..The insights gained from this work should promote the development of novel and powerful therapeutic strategies for PD. ..
- ILYA B BEZPROZVANNY; Fiscal Year: 2015..Validation of CaV1.3 VGCC and TRPC1 SOC channels as novel therapeutic targets for HD will create an opportunity for developing novel therapeutic agents for cure of HD. ..
- Presynaptic Regulation of Striatal ExcitationNIGEL SIMON BAMFORD; Fiscal Year: 2010..This project is expected to provide further insights into pharmacological alternatives for the treatment of movement disorders and addiction. ..
- ALDRIN ENRIQUE MOLERO; Fiscal Year: 2015....
- Philip D Greenberg; Fiscal Year: 2016....
- High sensitivity liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometry systemROBERT STRAUBINGER; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Basal Ganglia Circuitry and Molecules in Pathogenesis of Motor StereotypyXiangdong William Yang; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our study may provide novel molecular and circuitry level neurobiological insights into the pathogenesis and treatment of motor stereotypy in ASDs and related neuropsychiatric disorders. ..
- LTQ-FT MS System for On-line Protein and Glycan AnalysisCatherine Costello; Fiscal Year: 2009..The proposed instrument system will accelerate progress towards understanding the mechanisms of these diseases and degenerative processes and will thus contribute directly toward improving human health. ..
- JONATHAN OTTO MARTINEZ; Fiscal Year: 2014....
- Jacqueline Agnew; Fiscal Year: 2016..Research activities in each academic program address topics relevant to the newer sector-based NORA focus. The Pilot Project Research Training (PPRT) also enables faculty and students to advance that agenda. ..
- LTQ Orbitrap tandem mass spectrometerCatherine Fenselau; Fiscal Year: 2007..This commercially available, technologically sophisticated instrument will support meritorious projects on a shared use, highly cost-effective basis, and foster multidisciplinary interaction. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- New Methods for Simultaneous Arming and SAR Studies of Natural ProductsDaniel Romo; Fiscal Year: 2010..Subsequent SAR studies (this proposal) will be pursued to identify potential new bioactivities and suitable sites for probe attachment enabling subsequent mode of action studies (not in this proposal) relevant to these diseases. ..
- MARK STEPHEN HANDCOCK; Fiscal Year: 2014..The social network structure of IDU will be inferred, and network regression will be used to analyze their HIV / STI prevalence. Privatized network sampling will be used in the MSN study. ..
- LTQ Orbitrap XL FT-LC/MSn mass spectrometerJoseph DiDonato; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- New approaches to sequencing of complex peptides.Pavel A Pevzner; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Debra H Brandon; Fiscal Year: 2016....
- CHEMICAL DIVERSITY LIBRARIES FROM MEDICINAL PLANTS (RMI)Kuo Hsiung Lee; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Function of microRNA-dependent control of protein synthesis in dendritic spine plGerhard Schratt; Fiscal Year: 2009..The obtained results might provide a framework for the investigation of miRNA function in addictive behavior in vivo and a first milestone towards the design of therapeutic strategies that target the miRNA pathway. ..
- CAMP SIGNALING MECHANISMSJack Erlichman; Fiscal Year: 1999..Achieving the goals of thi proposal will increase our understanding of cAMP-mediated signal transduction in normal and disease states. ..
- Cortical regulation of striatal dendritic spine loss in parkinsonismBONNIE GARCIA; Fiscal Year: 2009..The studies proposed address one potential mechanism involved in poor symptomatic response late to dopamine replacement treatment late in the course of Parkinson's disease and related parkinsonian syndromes. ..
- PSD-95 in Striatal Neuronal VulnerabilityWei Dong Yao; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Acquisition of a high-throughput high mass accuracy MS for chromatin researchMICHAEL FREITAS; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- GRADUATE EDUCATION IN ONCOLOGY NURSING FOR MINORITIESArlene Houldin; Fiscal Year: 2002..The School of Nursing at the University of Pennsylvania is the primary resource to the program along with a variety of clinical settings that provide services to minority patients. ..
- Dendritic Plasticity in Parkinson's DiseaseARIEL DEUTCH; Fiscal Year: 2006..These projects should shed light on the pathophysiology of PD and may lead to development of new strategies aimed at slowing or halting disease progression...
- TNF-ALPHA-MEDIATED APOPTOSIS IN SQUAMOUS CELL CARCINOMACun Yu Wang; Fiscal Year: 2004..Importantly, these studies will help to develop the biological marker for the diagnosis of oral cancer and provide a molecular basis for improving efficacy of cancer therapy by manipulating the apoptotic program of oral cancer cells. ..
- Acquiring Mass Spectrometry for the Midwest Proteome CtrMARC GLUCKSMAN; Fiscal Year: 2004..The resulting work has practical application towards diagnosis, prevention, gene product discovery and validation. ..
- FUNCTION OF THE STE 20 KINASE NIK IN DROSOPHILAEdward Skolnik; Fiscal Year: 2002..NIK minus cell lines will be derived from these mice, and these cell lines will be used to determine which upstream signals are dependent upon NIK to activate the JNK MAP kinase pathway. ..
- Improved Glycoinformatics Tools for the Interpretation of Sequential Mass SpectraDavid Ashline; Fiscal Year: 2009..Research in these and related areas is hindered by the lack of effective glycan sequencing tools and methods (Stephan 73), and will benefit from the software proposed here. ..
- MAP Kinase Analysis in a Mouse Model of Down SyndromeKatheleen Gardiner; Fiscal Year: 2005..Results from this pilot project will direct future studies of the underlying genetic mechanisms, possibilities for pharmacological manipulation, and behavioral and cognitive consequences of abnormalities in this pathway. ..
- Bridges to Doctoral Study in NursingMary Lou Bond; Fiscal Year: 2006..The UTA/UIW Bridges to Doctorate Consortium will enhance the scholarly endeavors of faculty and students on both campuses and will prepare MSN students for entry into a doctoral program. ..
- MASS SPECTRAL SEQUENCING OF CARBOHYDRATESVernon Reinhold; Fiscal Year: 2009..elegans. ..
- Thalamic Regulation of Striatal Dendritic Morphology in ParkinsonismSheila V Kusnoor; Fiscal Year: 2010..Understanding how the thalamus contributes to PD pathology is important for the development of improved treatments for the disorder, particularly late in the course of PD when treatment options are limited. ..
- Accumbens-pallidal GABA and morphine reinforcementScott Hemby; Fiscal Year: 2005..Changes in the expression levels of multiple genes will be assessed in terms of morphine reinforcement and direct pharmacological effects of the drug. ..
- FINNIGAN LCQ ELECTROSPRAY MASS SPECTROMETERCraig Townsend; Fiscal Year: 2000..Proposed research requiring access to the spectrometer extends from molecular biology and protein chemistry to materials science. ..