Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MMP13
Description: matrix metallopeptidase 13
Alias: CLG3, MANDP1, MDST, MMP-13, collagenase 3, matrix metalloproteinase 13 (collagenase 3)
Publications242 found, 100 shown here
- A novel negative regulatory element in the human collagenase-3 proximal promoter regionMohamed Benderdour
Osteoarthritis Research Unit, Centre Hospitalier de l Universite de Montreal CHUM, Hopital Notre Dame, 1560 rue Sherbrooke Est, Montreal, Quebec, Canada, H2L 4M1
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 291:1151-9. 2002..UV cross-linking revealed the presence of 48 and 97 kDa proteins in complex 1 and 27, 35, and 73 kDa proteins in complex 2. These findings suggest that the AGRE site plays a rate-limiting role in human collagenase-3 production...
- Collagenolysis-dependent angiogenesis mediated by matrix metalloproteinase-13 (collagenase-3)Andries Zijlstra
Department of Cell Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
J Biol Chem 279:27633-45. 2004..Altogether, the results of this study extend the physiological role of MMP-13, previously associated with cartilage/bone resorption, to the collagen remodeling involved in the angiogenic cascade...
- Signaling pathways implicated in oncostatin M-induced aggrecanase-1 and matrix metalloproteinase-13 expression in human articular chondrocytesMohammed El Mabrouk
Department of Medicine and Centre de Recherche du Centre Hospitalier de l Université de Montréal CR CHUM, K 5255 Mailloux, Notre Dame Hospital, 1560 Sherbrooke E Montreal, Quebec, Canada H2L 4M1
Biochim Biophys Acta 1773:309-20. 2007..The inhibitors of these cascades could block OSM-evoked degeneration of cartilage by ADAMTS-4 and MMP-13...
- Taurine chloramine differentially inhibits matrix metalloproteinase 1 and 13 synthesis in interleukin-1beta stimulated fibroblast-like synoviocytesKyoung Soo Kim
East West Bone and Joint Research Center, East West Neo Medical Center, Kyung Hee University, Sangil dong, Gangdong gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Arthritis Res Ther 9:R80. 2007....
- YB-1 binds to the MMP-13 promoter sequence and represses MMP-13 transactivation via the AP-1 siteShaija Samuel
Department of Molecular and Cellular Medicine, Texas A and M University System Health Science Center, College Station, TX 77843 1114, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1769:525-31. 2007..This is the first report demonstrating YB-1 binding in vitro and in living cells to a mammalian AP-1 target gene, and the first report of YB-1 regulation of the MMP-13 promoter...
- C/EBPβ and RUNX2 cooperate to degrade cartilage with MMP-13 as the target and HIF-2α as the inducer in chondrocytesMakoto Hirata
Sensory and Motor System Medicine, University of Tokyo, Hongo 7 3 1, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8655, Japan
Hum Mol Genet 21:1111-23. 2012..C/EBPβ and RUNX2 cooperatively enhanced promoter activity of MMP13 through specific binding to a C/EBP-binding motif and an osteoblast-specific cis-acting element 2 motif as a ..
- Flexibility and variability of TIMP binding: X-ray structure of the complex between collagenase-3/MMP-13 and TIMP-2K Maskos
Max Planck Institut fur Biochemie, Forschungsgruppe Proteinasen, Am Klopferspitz 18, D 82152 Martinsried, Germany
J Mol Biol 366:1222-31. 2007....
- Inhibition of interleukin-1-stimulated MAP kinases, activating protein-1 (AP-1) and nuclear factor kappa B (NF-kappa B) transcription factors down-regulates matrix metalloproteinase gene expression in articular chondrocytesAbdelhamid Liacini
Département de Médecine and Centre de Recherche du Centre Hospitalier de l Université de Montréal, Hôpital Notre Dame du CHUM, 1560 Sherbrooke Est, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H2L 4M1
Matrix Biol 21:251-62. 2002..Inhibition of IL-1 signal transduction by these agents could be useful for reducing cartilage resorption by MMPs in arthritis...
- Increased expression of G11alpha in osteoblastic cells enhances parathyroid hormone activation of phospholipase C and AP-1 regulation of matrix metalloproteinase-13 mRNARicky Cheung
Department of Pharmacology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Cell Physiol 204:336-43. 2005..This leads to increased PTH stimulation of MMP-13 expression by increased stimulation of AP-1 factors c-jun and c-fos...
- Adiponectin may contribute to synovitis and joint destruction in rheumatoid arthritis by stimulating vascular endothelial growth factor, matrix metalloproteinase-1, and matrix metalloproteinase-13 expression in fibroblast-like synoviocytes more than proinHyun Mi Choi
East West Bone and Joint Research Institute, East West Neo Medical Center, Kyung Hee University, 149 Sangil dong, Gangdong gu, Seoul, 134 727, Republic of Korea
Arthritis Res Ther 11:R161. 2009....
- Autologous protein solution inhibits MMP-13 production by IL-1β and TNFα-stimulated human articular chondrocytesJennifer Woodell-May
Biomet Biologics, Warsaw, Indiana
J Orthop Res 29:1320-6. 2011..The combination of anabolic and anti-inflammatory cytokines in the APS created from PRP may render this formulation to be a potential candidate for the treatment of inflammation in patients at early stages of OA...
- Endothelin-1 promotes MMP-13 production and migration in human chondrosarcoma cells through FAK/PI3K/Akt/mTOR pathwaysMin Huan Wu
Graduate Institute of Basic Medical Science, China Medical University and Hospital, Taichung, Taiwan
J Cell Physiol 227:3016-26. 2012..Taken together, these results suggest that ET-1 activated FAK/PI3K/AKT/mTOR, which in turn activated IKKα/β and NF-κB, resulting in increased MMP-13 expression and migration in human chondrosarcoma cells...
- ETS-1 protein regulates vascular endothelial growth factor-induced matrix metalloproteinase-9 and matrix metalloproteinase-13 expression in human ovarian carcinoma cell line SKOV-3Sonali Ghosh
Cell Biology and Physiology Division, CSIR Indian Institute of Chemical Biology, Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, 4 Raja S C Mullick Road, Kolkata 700032, India
J Biol Chem 287:15001-15. 2012..The study provides a mechanistic insight into the prometastatic functions of VEGF-induced expression of relevant MMPs...
- Induction of MMP-13 expression in bone-metastasizing cancer cells by type I collagen through integrin α1β1 and α2β1-p38 MAPK signalingSoichiro Ibaragi
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine, Dentistry, and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Okayama, Japan
Anticancer Res 31:1307-13. 2011..However, the mechanism of MMP-13 expression induced in areas of bone metastasis is unknown. Here, the interaction between tumors and type I collagen in bone metastasis was investigated...
- Mechanical forces-induced human osteoblasts differentiation involves MMP-2/MMP-13/MT1-MMP proteolytic cascadeStéphane Barthélémi
Unité INSERM UMRS 926, Interface Biomatériaux Tissus Hôtes, Institut Biomolécules IFR53, Faculté d Odontologie, Universite de Reims Champagne Ardenne, 1 rue du Maréchal Juin, 51095 Reims Cedex, France
J Cell Biochem 113:760-72. 2012..So, these results suggest that the main proteolytic cascade, MMP-2/MMP-13/MT1-MMP, and more particularly, its initial regulator MT1-MMP is involved in osteoblast differentiation through mechanical forces...
- Protein expression of MMP-13, uPA, and PAI-1 in pseudocapsular and interface tissue around implants of loose artificial hip joints and in osteoarthritisPeter Diehl
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Technical University of Munich, D 81675 Munchen, Germany
Int J Mol Med 13:711-5. 2004....
- MiRNA-140 is a negative feedback regulator of MMP-13 in IL-1β-stimulated human articular chondrocyte C28/I2 cellsZu Jian Liang
Department of Orthopaedics, The 3rd Affiliated Hospital of Guangzhou University of Chinese Medicine, Guangzhou, China
Inflamm Res 61:503-9. 2012..This study aimed to investigate miRNA-140-mediated negative regulation of MMP-13 expression in interleukin-1β (IL-1β)-stimulated human cartilage cells...
- Nicotine treatment induces expression of matrix metalloproteinases in human osteoblastic Saos-2 cellsTomoko Katono
Nihon University Graduate School of Dentistry, 1 8 13, Kanda Surugadai, Tokyo 101 8310, Japan
Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai) 38:874-82. 2006..These results suggest that nicotine stimulates bone matrix turnover by increasing production of tPA and MMP-1, 2, 3, and 13, thereby tipping the balance between bone matrix formation and resorption toward the latter process...
- Induction of matrix metalloproteinase-13 gene expression by TNF-alpha is mediated by MAP kinases, AP-1, and NF-kappaB transcription factors in articular chondrocytesAbdelhamid Liacini
Department of Medicine and Centre de Recherche du Centre Hospitalier de l Université de Montréal CHUM, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Exp Cell Res 288:208-17. 2003..Blockade of TNF-alpha signaling and its target transcription factors by the approaches tested here may be beneficial for reducing cartilage breakdown by MMP-13 in arthritis...
- MMP-1 (collagenase-1) and MMP-13 (collagenase-3) differentially regulate markers of osteoblastic differentiation in osteogenic cellsTakayuki Hayami
The University of Michigan, 1011 North University Avenue, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, United States
Matrix Biol 27:682-92. 2008..MMP-1 and -13 differentially regulate osteoblastic markers and their combined suppression is important for the elaboration of an osteoblastic phenotype in PDL cells...
- The helping hand of collagenase-3 (MMP-13): 2.7 A crystal structure of its C-terminal haemopexin-like domainF X Gomis-Rüth
Max Planck Institut fur Biochemie, Abteilung für Strukturforschung, Planegg Martinsreid, Germany
J Mol Biol 264:556-66. 1996....
- Involvement of SOX-9 and FGF-23 in RUNX-2 regulation in osteoarthritic chondrocytesTimoklia Orfanidou
Laboratory of Cytogenetics and Medical Genetics, University of Thessaly, Medical School, Larissa, Greece
J Cell Mol Med 13:3186-94. 2009....
- Crystal structures of MMP-1 and -13 reveal the structural basis for selectivity of collagenase inhibitorsB Lovejoy
Inflammatory Diseases Unit, Roche Bioscience, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA
Nat Struct Biol 6:217-21. 1999..The selectivity of the diphenylether series of inhibitors for collagenase-3 is largely determined by their affinity for the preformed S1' pocket of collagenase-3, as compared to the induced fit in collagenase-1...
- Brevican is degraded by matrix metalloproteinases and aggrecanase-1 (ADAMTS4) at different sitesH Nakamura
Department of Pathology, School of Medicine, Keio University, 35 Shinanomachi, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo 160 0016, Japan
J Biol Chem 275:38885-90. 2000....
- Reduction of cytokine-induced expression and activity of MMP-1 and MMP-13 by mechanical strain in MH7A rheumatoid synovial cellsHui Bin Sun
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Matrix Biol 21:263-70. 2002..These results support a potential role of mechanical strain in down-regulating the cytokine-mediated proteolytic processes in synoviocytes...
- Endothelin 1 promotes osteoarthritic cartilage degradation via matrix metalloprotease 1 and matrix metalloprotease 13 inductionMarjolaine Roy-Beaudry
Osteoarthritis Research Unit, Hopital Notre Dame, Centre Hospitalier de l Universite de Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Arthritis Rheum 48:2855-64. 2003..Recently, it was suggested that endothelin 1 (ET-1), a potent vasoconstrictor, may be involved in MMP regulation. This study investigated the role of ET-1 in OA cartilage degradation...
- MyD88, IRAK1 and TRAF6 knockdown in human chondrocytes inhibits interleukin-1-induced matrix metalloproteinase-13 gene expression and promoter activity by impairing MAP kinase activationRasheed Ahmad
Department of Medicine, University of Montreal and Research Centre of CHUM Notre Dame Hospital, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H2L 4M1
Cell Signal 19:2549-57. 2007..These proteins could constitute important therapeutic targets for arthritis-associated cartilage loss by MMP-13...
- CXCL12/CXCR4 promotes laryngeal and hypopharyngeal squamous cell carcinoma metastasis through MMP-13-dependent invasion via the ERK1/2/AP-1 pathwayChing Ting Tan
Department of Otolaryngology, National Taiwan University Hospital and National Taiwan University, College of Medicine, Taipei 100, Taiwan
Carcinogenesis 29:1519-27. 2008..CXCL12 seems to enhance LHSCC cell invasion through paracrine-activated CXCR4, which triggers ERK/c-Jun-dependent MMP-13 upregulation...
- Molecular cloning and expression of collagenase-3, a novel human matrix metalloproteinase produced by breast carcinomasJ M Freije
Departamento de Biología Funcional and Morfología y Biología Celular, Universidad de Ovideo, Spain
J Biol Chem 269:16766-73. 1994..On the basis of the increased expression of collagenase-3 in breast carcinomas and the absence of detectable expression in normal tissues, a possible role for this metalloproteinase in the tumoral process is proposed...
- Biochemical characterization of human collagenase-3V Knauper
Strangeways Research Laboratory, Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Worts Causeway, Cambridge, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 271:1544-50. 1996..These results suggest that in vivo collagenase-3 could play a significant role in the turnover of connective tissue matrix constituents...
- Cloning, expression, and type II collagenolytic activity of matrix metalloproteinase-13 from human osteoarthritic cartilageP G Mitchell
Central Research Division, Pfizer Inc, Groton, Connecticut 06340, USA
J Clin Invest 97:761-8. 1996....
- The role of the C-terminal domain of human collagenase-3 (MMP-13) in the activation of procollagenase-3, substrate specificity, and tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase interactionV Knauper
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Strangeways Research Laboratory, Worts Causeway, Cambridge CB1 4RN, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 272:7608-16. 1997..TIMP-2/C.TIMP-1 by a factor of up to 33. In contrast, the association rates for complex formation with TIMP-2 and N.TIMP-1/C.TIMP-2 were only marginally affected by C-terminal domain interactions...
- Hydrolysis of triple-helical collagen peptide models by matrix metalloproteinasesJ L Lauer-Fields
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton, Florida 33431 0991, USA
J Biol Chem 275:13282-90. 2000....
- Inflammation dampened by gelatinase A cleavage of monocyte chemoattractant protein-3G A McQuibban
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Biomedical Research Centre, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC V6T 1Z3, Canada
Science 289:1202-6. 2000..This suggests that matrix metalloproteinases are both effectors and regulators of the inflammatory response...
- The structure, regulation, and function of human matrix metalloproteinase-13Matthew F Leeman
Department of Pathology, University of Aberdeen, Foresterhill, UK
Crit Rev Biochem Mol Biol 37:149-66. 2002..This commentary provides a detailed overview of the regulatory mechanisms, structure, and function of human MMP-13 and highlights the key factors involved in the biology of this important molecule...
- MMP13 promoter polymorphism is associated with atherosclerosis in the abdominal aorta of young black malesSungpil Yoon
The Center for Molecular Medicine and Genetics, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detriot, MI 48201, USA
Matrix Biol 21:487-98. 2002..We investigated the importance of matrix metalloproteinase 13 (MMP13), in the pathogenesis of atherosclerosis using 995 samples from the Pathobiological Determinants of ..
- Matrix metalloproteinase-13 (MMP-13, collagenase-3) is highly expressed in human tooth pulpMerja Sulkala
Institute of Dentistry, University of Oulu, Oulu, Finland
Connect Tissue Res 45:231-7. 2004..Further studies with a larger sample size are needed to clarify the changes in MMP-13 expression during caries progression...
- Hyaluronan oligosaccharides induce matrix metalloproteinase 13 via transcriptional activation of NFkappaB and p38 MAP kinase in articular chondrocytesShigeru Ohno
Department of Biochemistry, Rush Medical College, Rush University Medical Center, 1735 West Harrison Street, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
J Biol Chem 281:17952-60. 2006..Our findings suggest that hyaluronan-CD44 interactions affect matrix metabolism via activation of NFkappaB and p38 MAP kinase...
- Collagenase-3 (MMP-13) enhances remodeling of three-dimensional collagen and promotes survival of human skin fibroblastsMervi J Toriseva
Department of Dermatology, University of Turku, Turku, Finland
J Invest Dermatol 127:49-59. 2007....
- Increase in production of matrix metalloproteinase 13 by human articular chondrocytes due to stimulation with S100A4: Role of the receptor for advanced glycation end productsRaghunatha R Yammani
Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, North Carolina 27157, USA
Arthritis Rheum 54:2901-11. 2006....
- Promoter polymorphisms in matrix metalloproteinases and their inhibitors: few associations with breast cancer susceptibility and progressionHaixin Lei
Division of Molecular Genetic Epidemiology, German Cancer Research Center DKFZ, Im Neuenheimer Feld 580, D 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Breast Cancer Res Treat 103:61-9. 2007..In this, so far largest case-control study, we genotyped eight SNPs in the MMP1, MMP2, MMP3, MMP9, MMP13, RECK and TIMP3 genes in a well-characterized breast cancer series of 959 cases and 952 controls from Sweden...
- Basic fibroblast growth factor stimulates matrix metalloproteinase-13 via the molecular cross-talk between the mitogen-activated protein kinases and protein kinase Cdelta pathways in human adult articular chondrocytesHee Jeong Im
Department of Biochemistry, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
J Biol Chem 282:11110-21. 2007..We propose that deregulation of cross-talk between MAPK and PKCdelta signaling may contribute to the etiology of osteoarthritis in human patients...
- Functional polymorphisms and haplotypes in the promoter of the MMP2 gene are associated with risk of nasopharyngeal carcinomaGangqiao Zhou
The State Key Laboratory of Proteomics, Beijing Proteome Research Center, Beijing Institute of Radiation Medicine, Beijing, China
Hum Mutat 28:1091-7. 2007..Eight polymorphisms in the promoter of MMP1, MMP2, MMP3, MMP7, MMP9, MMP12, and MMP13 were genotyped in two independent case-control populations; one is from Guangxi province (593 patients with NPC ..
- Discovery and characterization of a novel inhibitor of matrix metalloprotease-13 that reduces cartilage damage in vivo without joint fibroplasia side effectsAdam R Johnson
Department of Inflammation Molecular Sciences, Pfizer Global Research and Development, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48105, USA
J Biol Chem 282:27781-91. 2007Matrix metalloproteinase-13 (MMP13) is a Zn(2+)-dependent protease that catalyzes the cleavage of type II collagen, the main structural protein in articular cartilage...
- MMP-13 (collagenase 3) localization in human temporomandibular joint discs with internal derangementRosalia Leonardi
Department of Medical and Surgical Sciences, II Dental Unity, University of Catania, Catania, Italy
Acta Histochem 110:314-8. 2008..A well-characterized mouse monoclonal anti-MMP-13 antibody (anti-collagenase 3) was used...
- Bone morphogenetic protein-2 enhances the motility of chondrosarcoma cells via activation of matrix metalloproteinase-13Chun Han Hou
Institute of Biomedical Engineering, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan Department of Orthopedic Surgery, National Taiwan University Hospital, Yun Lin branch, Yun Lin County, Taiwan
Bone 44:233-42. 2009..Taken together, our results indicated that BMP-2 enhanced the invasiveness of chondrosarcoma cells by increasing MMP-13 expression through the PI3K, Akt, c-Fos/c-Jun and AP-1 signal transduction pathway...
- Osteoblasts derived from osteophytes produce interleukin-6, interleukin-8, and matrix metalloproteinase-13 in osteoarthritisKei Sakao
Department of Orthopaedics, Graduate School of Medical Science, Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine, Kawaramachi Hirokoji, Kamigyo ku, Kyoto, 602 8566, Japan
J Bone Miner Metab 27:412-23. 2009..By controlling the expression of these genes in the osteophytes, the progression of cartilage degeneration in OA may be reduced, suggesting a new treatment strategy for OA...
- MicroRNA-27b regulates the expression of matrix metalloproteinase 13 in human osteoarthritis chondrocytesNahid Akhtar
School of Medicine, University of South Carolina, Columbia, USA
Arthritis Rheum 62:1361-71. 2010..The aim of this study was to determine whether the expression of MMP-13 in human osteoarthritis (OA) chondrocytes is regulated by microRNA...
- Glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor induces cell migration and matrix metalloproteinase-13 expression in glioma cellsDah Yuu Lu
Graduate Institute of Neural and Cognitive Sciences, China Medical University, Taichung, Taiwan
Biochem Pharmacol 80:1201-9. 2010..These results indicate that GDNF enhances migration of glioma cells through the increase of MMP-13 production and is mainly regulated by the MEK/ERK and JNK, c-Jun and AP-1 pathways...
- Cancer stem-like cells of glioblastoma characteristically express MMP-13 and display highly invasive activityAkihiro Inoue
Department of Neurosurgery, Graduate School of Medicine, Ehime University, Toon, Ehime 791 0295, Japan
Int J Oncol 37:1121-31. 2010..The results suggest that the highly invasive potential of cancer stem cells depends on MMP-13 enzymatic activity, thus MMP-13 might be a potential therapeutic target for glioblastomas...
- CXCR4 promotes oral squamous cell carcinoma migration and invasion through inducing expression of MMP-9 and MMP-13 via the ERK signaling pathwayTao Yu
Department of Head and Neck Oncology Surgery, West China College of Stomatology, Sichuan University, No 14, Sec 3, Renminnan Road, Chengdu Sichuan 610041, People s Republic of China
Mol Cancer Res 9:161-72. 2011..Taken together, our results strongly suggest the underlying mechanism of CXCR4 promoting Tca8113 migration and invasion by regulating MMP-9 and MMP-13 expression perhaps via activation of the ERK signaling pathway...
- Prognostic significance of matrix metalloproteinase-2, -8, -9, and -13 in oral tongue cancerLaura K Mäkinen
Department of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Helsinki University Central Hospital, HUS and University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
J Oral Pathol Med 41:394-9. 2012..Oral tongue squamous cell carcinoma (OTSCC) often metastasizes to cervical lymph nodes. Mechanisms of this disease progression are not fully known. We aimed at finding new predictive markers for diagnosis and disease monitoring...
- MMP13 polymorphism decreases risk for dental cariesP N Tannure
Department of Pediatric Dentistry and Orthodontics, School of Dentistry, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Caries Res 46:401-7. 2012..The purpose of this study was to determine if polymorphisms in MMP2 (rs243865), MMP9 (rs17576), MMP13 (rs2252070), and TIMP2 (rs7501477) were associated with caries...
- Clinicopathological significance and prognostic value of MMP-13 expression in colorectal cancerBo Yang
Department of Oncology, Wuhan General Hospital of Guangzhou Command PLA, Wuhan, P R China
Scand J Clin Lab Invest 72:501-5. 2012..452, p < 0.001). Collectively, we found that MMP-13 was correlated with progression and metastasis of CRC and could be used as a prognostic marker in CRC...
- Expression of MMP-13 is associated with invasion and metastasis of papillary thyroid carcinomaJ R Wang
Department of Thyroid Surgery, The Affiliated Hospital of Qingdao University Medical College, Qingdao University, China
Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci 17:427-35. 2013..Collagenase-3 expression has been reported in many carcinomas. However, the presence and possible implication of MMP-13 in the progression of papillary thyroid carcinomas are unknown...
- Cellular mechanisms for human procollagenase-3 (MMP-13) activation. Evidence that MT1-MMP (MMP-14) and gelatinase a (MMP-2) are able to generate active enzymeV Knauper
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Strangeways Research Laboratory, Worts Causeway, Cambridge, CB1 4RN, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 271:17124-31. 1996..This new activation cascade may be significant in human breast cancer pathology, where all three enzymes have been implicated as playing important roles...
- Structural analysis and promoter characterization of the human collagenase-3 gene (MMP13)A M Pendas
Departamento de Bioquimica y Biologia Molecular, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Oviedo, Spain
Genomics 40:222-33. 1997Human collagenase-3 (MMP13) is a recently identified member of the matrix metalloproteinase (MMP) family that is expressed in breast carcinomas and in articular cartilage from arthritic patients...
- Matrix metalloproteinases collagenase-2, macrophage elastase, collagenase-3, and membrane type 1-matrix metalloproteinase impair clotting by degradation of fibrinogen and factor XIIO Hiller
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Chemistry, University of Bielefeld, 33615 Bielefeld, Germany
J Biol Chem 275:33008-13. 2000..Consequently, degradation of these proteins may be important in inflammation, atherosclerosis, and angiogenesis, all of which are known to be influenced by MMP activity...
- Collagenase-3 (MMP-13) expression in cutaneous malignant melanomaM D Corte
Instituto Universitario de Oncologia del Principado de Asturias, Oviedo, Spain
Int J Biol Markers 20:242-8. 2005..One specific MMP, collagenase-3 (MMP-13), is thought to have a key function in the activation of MMP...
- Tumor-derived matrix metalloproteinase-13 (MMP-13) correlates with poor prognoses of invasive breast cancerBin Zhang
National Key Laboratory of Breast Cancer Prevention and Treatment, Tianjin Medical University Cancer Institute and Hospital TJMUCIH, Tianjin, PR China
BMC Cancer 8:83. 2008....
- Human articular chondrocytes express 15-lipoxygenase-1 and -2: potential role in osteoarthritisNadir Chabane
Osteoarthritis Research Unit, Research Centre of the University of Montreal Hospital Center, Notre Dame Hospital, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Arthritis Res Ther 11:R44. 2009....
- Discoidin domain receptor 2 is associated with the increased expression of matrix metalloproteinase-13 in synovial fibroblasts of rheumatoid arthritisJin Su
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, The Fourth Military Medical University, 17 Changle Western Road, Xi an, Shaanxi, 710032, People s Republic of China
Mol Cell Biochem 330:141-52. 2009..The data in this study suggest that DDR2-mediated MMP-13 induction by collagen matrix in synovial fibroblasts of RA contributed to articular cartilage destruction...
- ROCK-II mediates colon cancer invasion via regulation of MMP-2 and MMP-13 at the site of invadopodia as revealed by multiphoton imagingRamana Vishnubhotla
Department of Bioengineering, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL, USA
Lab Invest 87:1149-58. 2007....
- Joint diseases and matrix metalloproteinases: a role for MMP-13Hironari Takaishi
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, School of Medicine, Keio University, Tokyo, Japan
Curr Pharm Biotechnol 9:47-54. 2008..This review describes a body of research that supports the development of novel selective MMP-13 inhibitors with the hope of developing these compounds in clinical trials for the treatment of arthritis...
- Distinct roles for AF-1 and -2 of ER-alpha in regulation of MMP-13 promoter activityYamini Achari
McCaig Institute for Bone and Joint Health, Faculty of Medicine, University of Calgary 3330 Hospital Dr N W Calgary, Alberta, Canada T2N 4N1
Biochim Biophys Acta 1792:211-20. 2009..As ER variants and ER related proteins have been implicated in bone and joint disorders, these findings provide understanding of the possible role of ER variants in the development of such conditions...
- Interleukin-7 stimulates secretion of S100A4 by activating the JAK/STAT signaling pathway in human articular chondrocytesRaghunatha R Yammani
Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, North Carolina 27157, USA
Arthritis Rheum 60:792-800. 2009..The aim of this study was to examine the mechanism of S100A4 secretion by chondrocytes...
- An insight to conserved water molecular dynamics of catalytic and structural Zn(+2) ions in matrix metalloproteinase 13 of humanBornali Chakrabarti
Department of Chemistry, National Institute of Technology, Durgapur 713 209, WB India
J Biomol Struct Dyn 28:503-16. 2011..So the hydrophilic topology and stereochemistry of water mediated coupling between Zn-ions may provide some plausible hope towards the design of some bidentate/polydentate bridging ligands or inhibitors for MMP-13...
- Genetic analysis of MMP gene polymorphisms in patients with Kawasaki diseaseKazuyuki Ikeda
Department of Pediatrics, Kyushu University, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
Pediatr Res 63:182-5. 2008..There was no association between other MMP genes and CAL formation. In conclusion, the genetic evaluation by association study demonstrated that the MMP-13 gene, at least in part, contributed to the development of CALs in KD...
- Basic fibroblast growth factor activates the MAPK and NFkappaB pathways that converge on Elk-1 to control production of matrix metalloproteinase-13 by human adult articular chondrocytesPrasuna Muddasani
Department of Biochemistry, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
J Biol Chem 282:31409-21. 2007....
- Inhibition of type I procollagen production in photodamage: correlation between presence of high molecular weight collagen fragments and reduced procollagen synthesisJames Varani
Department of Pathology, The University of Michigan Medical School, 1301 Catherine Road Box 0602, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, U S A
J Invest Dermatol 119:122-9. 2002..collagenase), -2 (72 kDa gelatinase A), -8 (neutrophil collagenase), -9 (92 kDa gelatinase B), or -13 (collagenase 3)...
- Expression of matrix metalloproteinases and tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinases in the mouse uterus during the peri-implantation periodS K Das
Department of Molecular and Integrative Physiology, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City 66160, USA
Dev Genet 21:44-54. 1997..metalloproteinases (MMPs; MMP-2 [gelatinase A], MMP-3 [stromelysin 1], MMPs; MMP-2 [gelatinase B], and MMP-13 [collagenase 3]) and tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinases (TIMPs; TIMP-1, TIMP-2, and TIMP-3) in the mouse uterus from ..
- Collagenolytic and gelatinolytic matrix metalloproteinases and their inhibitors in basal cell carcinoma of skin: comparison with normal skinJ Varani
Department of Pathology, The University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor 48109, USA
Br J Cancer 82:657-65. 2000....
- Immunolocalization of matrix metalloproteinases in partial-thickness defects in pig articular cartilage. A preliminary reportR M Hembry
School of Biological Sciences, University of East Anglia, Norwich, United Kingdom
J Bone Joint Surg Am 83:826-38. 2001..To determine this sequence, we studied the distribution of matrix metalloproteinases and their inhibitors during early in vivo repair of partial-thickness defects in pig articular cartilage...
- Rat pancreatic stellate cells secrete matrix metalloproteinases: implications for extracellular matrix turnoverP A Phillips
Pancreatic Research Group, Department of Gastroenterology, Bankstown Lidcombe and Liverpool Hospitals, and University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia
Gut 52:275-82. 2003..However, the role of these cells in ECM protein degradation has not been fully elucidated...
- Articular chondrocytes express the receptor for advanced glycation end products: Potential role in osteoarthritisRichard F Loeser
Rush Medical College, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Arthritis Rheum 52:2376-85. 2005..Stimulation of RAGE signaling can lead to MAP kinase activation and increased NF-kappaB activity. The objective of the present study was to determine if chondrocytes express functional RAGE...
- Collagenase-3 (matrix metalloproteinase-13) expression is induced in oral mucosal epithelium during chronic inflammationV J Uitto
Department of Oral Biological and Medical Sciences, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
Am J Pathol 152:1489-99. 1998..Thus, it is likely that MMP-13 expression is instrumental in the subepithelial collagenolysis and local invasion of the activated mucosal epithelium into the connective tissue...
- Identification and enzymatic characterization of two diverging murine counterparts of human interstitial collagenase (MMP-1) expressed at sites of embryo implantationM Balbin
Departamento de Bioquimica y Biologia Molecular, Instituto Universitario de Oncologia, Universidad de Oviedo, 33006 Oviedo, Spain
J Biol Chem 276:10253-62. 2001....
- Differential calcium independent regulation of matrix metalloproteinases and tissue inhibitors of matrix metalloproteinases by interleukin-1beta and transforming growth factor-beta in Peyronie's plaque fibroblastsMarcello Del Carlo
Department of Biochemistry, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
J Urol 179:2447-55. 2008..We characterized matrix metalloproteinases and TIMPs (tissue inhibitors of matrix metalloproteinase) in Peyronie's disease tissue...
- Stimulation of collagenase 3 expression in synovial fibroblasts of patients with rheumatoid arthritis by contact with a three-dimensional collagen matrix or with normal cartilage when coimplanted in NOD/SCID miceDirk Wernicke
Max Delbruck Center for Molecular Medicine, and Clinic of Rheumatology, Berlin Buch, Germany
Arthritis Rheum 46:64-74. 2002To study the expression of collagenase 3 (matrix metalloproteinase 13 [MMP-13]) and collagenase 1 (MMP-1) in synovial fibroblasts from patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA) when cultured within 3-dimensional collagen gels or ..
- Differential Toll-like receptor-dependent collagenase expression in chondrocytesQ Zhang
Musculoskeletal Research Group, Institute of Cellular Medicine, Newcastle University, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Ann Rheum Dis 67:1633-41. 2008..To characterise the catabolic response of osteoarthritic chondrocytes to Toll-like receptor (TLR) ligands...
- The role of pyrophosphate/phosphate homeostasis in terminal differentiation and apoptosis of growth plate chondrocytesHyon Jong Kim
Musculoskeletal Research Center, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, NYU Hospital for Joint Diseases, 301 East 17th Street, New York, NY 10003, USA
Bone 47:657-65. 2010....
- Assay of collagenase activity for native triple-helical collagen using capillary gel electrophoresis with laser-induced fluorescence detectionMasatake Sano
Shionogi Research Laboratories, Shionogi and Co Ltd, 12 4, Sagisu 5 Chome, Fukushima ku, Osaka 553 0002, Japan
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 809:251-6. 2004....
- Isolated fibrillar damage in tendons stimulates local collagenase mRNA expression and protein synthesisMichael Lavagnino
Laboratory for Comparative Orthopaedic Research, College of Veterinary Medicine, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824, USA
J Biomech 39:2355-62. 2006..was to determine if isolated tendon fibril damage could initiate an upregulation of interstitial collagenase (MMP13) mRNA and protein in tendon cells associated with the injured fibril(s)...
- Effects of genistein on the periovulatory expression of messenger ribonucleic acid for matrix metalloproteinases and tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinases in the rat ovaryC M Komar
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Chandler Medical Center, University of Kentucky, 800 Rose Street, Room MS 331, Lexington, KY 40536 0298, USA
Reproduction 121:259-65. 2001..Northern and RNase protection analyses were used to measure mRNA encoding collagenase 3, gelatinases A and B, and TIMPs-1, -2 and -3...
- Collagenase-3 (MMP-13) in fetal membranes and amniotic fluid during pregnancyStephen J Fortunato
Perinatal Research Center, Women s Health Research and Education Foundation, Aquinas College, Nashville, TN 37203, USA
Am J Reprod Immunol 49:120-5. 2003..To examine the expression, site of production and a role of collagenase-3 in human fetal membranes and amniotic fluid (AF)...
- Smad3 interacts with JunB and Cbfa1/Runx2 for transforming growth factor-beta1-stimulated collagenase-3 expression in human breast cancer cellsNagarajan Selvamurugan
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, Piscataway, New Jersey 08854, USA
J Biol Chem 279:27764-73. 2004....
- The expression of collagenase 3 (MMP-13) mRNA in the synovial tissue is associated with histopathologic type II synovitis in rheumatoid arthritisDirk Wernicke
Medical Center for Rheumatology Berlin Buch, Karowerstr 11, Berlin 13 125, Germany
Autoimmunity 39:307-13. 2006..the correlation between immunohistopathological and morphological features of synovitis and the expression of collagenase 3 (MMP-13) known to contribute significantly to cartilage degradation in RA...
- Cloning of the gene for interstitial collagenase-3 (matrix metalloproteinase-13) from rabbit synovial fibroblasts: differential expression with collagenase-1 (matrix metalloproteinase-1)M P Vincenti
Department of Medicine, Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, NH, 03755, USA
Biochem J 331:341-6. 1998....
- Collagenase-3 induction in rat lung fibroblasts requires the combined effects of tumor necrosis factor-alpha and 12-lipoxygenase metabolites: a model of macrophage-induced, fibroblast-driven extracellular matrix remodeling during inflammatory lung injuryT J Mariani
Department of Internal Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine at Barnes Jewish Hospital, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Mol Biol Cell 9:1411-24. 1998..These data reveal a novel requirement for macrophage-derived 12-lipoxygenase metabolites in lung fibroblast MMP induction and provide a mechanism for the induction of resident cell MMP gene expression during inflammatory lung processes...
- Selective induction of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-1 in bleomycin-induced pulmonary fibrosisD K Madtes
Section of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Department of Medicine, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, Washington 98109 1024, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 24:599-607. 2001..The profound and durable increase in TIMP-1 and TIMP-2 proteins suggests an important regulatory role for these antiproteases in the inflammatory and fibrotic responses to bleomycin-induced lung injury...
- Collagenase 1 and collagenase 3 expression in a guinea pig model of osteoarthritisJ L Huebner
Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Arthritis Rheum 41:877-90. 1998..To analyze the in vivo compartmental expression of collagenases 1 and 3 (MMP-1 and MMP-13) in the Hartley guinea pig model of spontaneously occurring osteoarthritis (OA) for the purpose of elucidating their roles in the pathogenesis of OA...
- Bronchial cartilage atrophy in chronic bronchitis: observations on chondrolytic processesL C Tetlow
University Department of Medicine, Manchester Royal Infirmary, Manchester, UK
Pathobiology 67:196-201. 1999..microscopy and immunohistology for the distributions of mast cells, macrophages, eosinophils, collagenase 1, collagenase 3, and degradation products of cartilage collagen...
- Amniotic fluid concentrations of collagenase-1 and collagenase-3 are increased in polyhydramniosStephen J Fortunato
Perinatal Research Center, The Centennial Women s Hospital, Patterson, Nashville, TN 37203, USA
J Perinat Med 32:122-5. 2004..Herein we use polyhydramnios as a model to study the association of the collagenase class of matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs) with tissue remodeling during pregnancy...
- Characterization of a rainbow trout matrix metalloproteinase capable of degrading type I collagenM Saito
Laboratory of Food Science, Kagawa Nutrition University, Komagome, Toshima, Tokyo, Japan
Eur J Biochem 267:6943-50. 2000..These results have revealed that the cDNA encodes a unique MMP-13 of rainbow trout. This is the first report of cDNA coding for fish MMP capable of degrading type I collagen...
- Collagenase 3 is a target of Cbfa1, a transcription factor of the runt gene family involved in bone formationM J Jimenez
Departamento de Bioquimica y Biologia Molecular, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Oviedo, 33006 Oviedo, Spain
Mol Cell Biol 19:4431-42. 1999b>Collagenase 3 (MMP-13) is a recently identified member of the matrix metalloproteinase (MMP) gene family that is expressed at high levels in diverse human carcinomas and in articular cartilage from arthritic patients...
- Effects of dioxin and estrogen on collagenase-3 in UMR 106-01 osteosarcoma cellsN C Partridge
Department of Pharmacological and Physiological Science, Saint Louis University School of Medicine, Missouri 63104, USA
Arch Biochem Biophys 382:182-8. 2000..However, this was not the case. Therefore, we conclude that low concentrations of TCDD and estrogen alter translation or secretion of PTH-stimulated collagenase-3...
- Transcriptional regulation of collagenase-3 by interleukin-1 alpha in osteoblastsSamuel Varghese
The Department of Research, Saint Francis Hospital and Medical Center, Hartford, Connecticut 06105, USA
J Cell Biochem 90:1007-14. 2003..Stimulation of collagenase-3 by IL-1alpha in osteoblasts may in part mediate the effects of IL-1alpha in bone metabolism...
- AU-rich elements in the collagenase 3 mRNA mediate stabilization of the transcript by cortisol in osteoblastsSheila Rydziel
Department of Research, Saint Francis Hospital and Medical Center, Hartford, Connecticut 06105, USA
J Biol Chem 279:5397-404. 2004b>Collagenase 3 degrades collagen fibrils and is necessary for bone resorption. Cortisol increases collagenase 3 mRNA in osteoblasts by stabilizing collagenase 3 transcripts...
- Transforming growth factor-beta 1 regulation of collagenase-3 expression in osteoblastic cells by cross-talk between the Smad and MAPK signaling pathways and their components, Smad2 and Runx2Nagarajan Selvamurugan
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, Piscataway, New Jersey 08854, USA
J Biol Chem 279:19327-34. 2004..Taken together, our results provide an important role for cross-talk between the Smad and MAPK pathways and their components in expression of collagenase-3 following TGF-beta 1 treatment in UMR 106-01 cells...
- Bone morphogenetic protein-2 suppresses collagenase-3 promoter activity in osteoblasts through a runt domain factor 2 binding siteSamuel Varghese
Department of Research, Saint Francis Hospital and Medical Center, Hartford, Connecticut 06105, USA
J Cell Physiol 202:391-9. 2005....
- Collagenase cleavage of type I collagen is essential for both basal and parathyroid hormone (PTH)/PTH-related peptide receptor-induced osteoclast activation and has differential effects on discrete bone compartmentsR Chiusaroli
Cell Biology and Orthopedics, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, USA
Endocrinology 144:4106-16. 2003..Lastly, it supports the hypothesis that collagenases can be a downstream effector of PTH/PTHrP receptor action in trabecular bone, but not in periosteum...
- OSTEOBLAST MEDIATED TURNOVER OF COLLAGENASE IN BONENicola Partridge; Fiscal Year: 2003..Critical new information on the biology of this important molecule may be derived from these studies. ..
- Role of DDR2 in OA-like Pathogenesis in OsteochondrodysplasiasYefu Li; Fiscal Year: 2010..TM) joints;(2) the levels of expression and activity of matrix metalloproteinase 13 (MMP-13, collagenase 3), a major cartilage collagen-degrading proteinase, are increased in the articular cartilage of knee joints in ..
- ESE 1 a novel transcriptional regulator of cartilage remodelingMARY GOLDRING; Fiscal Year: 2009..matrix metalloproteinase (MMP)-13, a key collagen-degrading enzyme in OA, by binding to ETS/PEA3 sites in the MMP13 promoter and cooperating with Runx2 and AP-1...
- Gregg B Fields; Fiscal Year: 2015..In addition, a unique mode of MMP inhibition will be identified. ..
- ANDREW BRUCE LASSAR; Fiscal Year: 2014..the expression of a collagen X-luciferase reporter and inhibits the expression of endogenous collagen X, Ihh, and MMP13. In light of both these new findings, and published findings of others indicating that FoxA2/3 are expressed in ..
- Mary B Goldring; Fiscal Year: 2014..that ESE-1 increases the transcription of matrix metalloproteinase (MMP)-13 by binding to ETS/PEA3 sites in the MMP13 promoter and cooperating with Runx2 and AP-1...
- Tariq M Haqqi; Fiscal Year: 2014..By studying the regulation of miRNA expression by bioavailable dietary constituents, our findings are likely to open the door for the development of novel therapeutic strategies for the treatment of OA and other diseases. ..
- Nicola C Partridge; Fiscal Year: 2016..Moreover, it will define how HDACs contribute to this. In so doing, the data will also provide new perspectives into treatment of disorders of calcium metabolism, cancer-associated bone disease and other bone disorders. ..
- Beta-Catenin Signaling and Pathogenesis of OsteoarthritisDi Chen; Fiscal Year: 2013..chondrocytes and its abnormal activation will lead to the development of an OA-like phenotype;and 2) Bmp2 and Mmp13 are key downstream target genes of [unreadable]-catenin signaling in articular chondrocytes and deletion of these ..
- REGULATION OF COLLAGENASE 3 GENE EXPRESSION BY CYTOKINESMahboob Rahman; Fiscal Year: 2002..This proposal will provide insight into the mechanisms involved in the expression of collagenase-3 by cytokines and thereby may provide targets for developing novel therapeutic measures to inhibit cartilage destruction in joint disease. ..
- JEANINE M D'ARMIENTO; Fiscal Year: 2016..Here we will determine whether SNPs within MMP1, MMP13 or genes within the smoke induced pathway confer susceptibility to emphysema...
- STEPHEN JOSEPH WEISS; Fiscal Year: 2016..PUBLIC HEALTH RELEVANCE: These studies should provide new insights into the role of the MT-MMPs in normal and neoplastic cell populations and define their potential importance as targets for novel therapeutic interventions. ..
- IMPROVED ASSAYS FOR SPECIFICALLY MEASURING COLLAGENASE-3MICHAEL VITEK; Fiscal Year: 2004..In Phase I, we discovered novel and selective substrates for the MMP collagenase 3, an enzyme implicated in OA and cancer progression...
- REGULATION OF COLLAGENASE GENE EXPRESSIONConstance Brinckerhoff; Fiscal Year: 2006..These studies are expected to increase our molecular understanding of the relative roles of the two interstitial collagenases that are central mediators of the connective tissue destruction accompanying RA. ..
- METALLOPROTEINASES IN RHEUMATOID ARTHRITISKaren Hasty; Fiscal Year: 2000..abstract_text> ..
- IMPROVED ASSAYS FOR SPECIFICALLY MEASURING COLLAGENASE-3Marcia Moss; Fiscal Year: 2001Collagenase-3 is a matrix metalloprotease that is associated with diseases such as cancer and osteoarthritis. Collagenase 3 degrades type II collagen very efficiently in the joint and inhibitors of this enzyme have been effective at ..
- Distinct roles of CARP target genes in wound healingKarinna Almodóvar; Fiscal Year: 2013..Results derived from this study can lead to the delineation of new mechanisms that regulate wound angiogenesis. ..
- Molecular Determinants of Tumor Progression in A Steatolic Liver MicroenvironmentHarold L Moses; Fiscal Year: 2013..Microarray analysis indicates that the matrix metalloproteinases MMP12 and MMP13 are markedly elevated in the steatotic microenvironment, leading to the hypothesis that tumor cells react to an ..
- The Role of MMP-13 in the TGF-beta Regulation of Bone Matrix Material PropertiesSIMON YUE CHEONG TANG; Fiscal Year: 2012..abstract_text> ..
- Development of Chemical Receptors for ProteinsSanku Mallik; Fiscal Year: 2005..Testing of the synthetic receptors for possible applications in detection of metastatic cancer, imaging and delivery of anti- cancer drugs. ..
- HOXBOXES, HOMEODOMAINS, AND OSTEOBLAST GENE EXPRESSIONDwight Towler; Fiscal Year: 2007..Interactions that inhibit (Msx2-Runx2) or promote (Runx2- Ku) OC & MMP 13 transcription will be characterized in vitro and in native chromatin context...
- Estrogen: Chrodroprotective or Destructive?Sally Frenkel; Fiscal Year: 2002..The inconclusive and contradictory data from human and animal studies render the proposed studies highly significant. ..
- Extracellular remodeling in bone development and repairZena Werb; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- THE PHYSIOLOGY OF IGFBP DEGRADING PROTEINASES IN BONEJohn Fowlkes; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- REGULATION OF CHONDROCYTE MATURATIONPHOEBE LEBOY; Fiscal Year: 2001..that characterize chondrocyte hypertrophy, and at a later stage the expression of the matrix metalloproteinase MMP13 which may be required for modifying the cartilage architecture prior to mineralization...
- REGULATED EXPRESSION OF COLLAGENASES IN AAARobert Thompson; Fiscal Year: 2002..Knowledge gained through these three closely-linked studies will help advance our understanding of the molecular pathophysiology of aortic aneurysms, potentially leading to new treatment strategies. ..
- ANEURYSM RESEARCH CORE COLLABORATIVE R01Robert Thompson; Fiscal Year: 2002..Knowledge gained through these three closely-linked studies will help advance our understanding of the molecular pathophysiology of aortic aneurysms, potentially leading to new treatment strategies. ..
- METALLOPROTEASES IN SKELETAL DEVELOPMENT AND GROWTHSUNEEL APTE; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- OXIDATIVE MECHANISMS OF AAA FORMATION (COLLABORATIVE R01Jay Heinecke; Fiscal Year: 2002..Knowledge gained through these three closely-linked studies will help advance our understanding of the molecular pathophysiology of aortic aneurysms, potentially leading to new treatment strategies. ..
- Pathological Role of bFGF in Human Adult Articular CartilageHEE JEONG IM SAMPEN; Fiscal Year: 2010..Better understanding of the regulation and function of the posttranslational modifier SUMO in traumatic/arthritic cartilage may provide new targets for therapeutic intervention in cartilage-associated joint diseases such as OA. ..
- Communication between Kupffer cells and stellate cellsNatalia Nieto; Fiscal Year: 2009..We hope that this co-culture model will help us to define the effects of Kupffer cells on the stellate cell fibrogenic response and to dissect potential therapeutic targets for preventing liver disease. ..
- Mechanical response of osteoblasts in 3D matrixHiroki Yokota; Fiscal Year: 2007..Completion of these studies should provide significant insight into the mechanical responses of osteoblasts in a 3D environment, and contribute to developing. q load-induced in vitro connective tissue engineering. ..
- BONE AND KNEE LOADINGHiroki Yokota; Fiscal Year: 2005..The proposed study will contribute to development of a novel loading model to strengthen bone without causing deformation of fragile bone in the elderly. ..
- SQUAMOUS EPITHELIAL CELL INVASION IN ORGAN CULTUREJames Varani; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- The Role and Regulation of TIMP-1 in Lung InflammationDAVID MADTES; Fiscal Year: 2005..Studies are proposed to define if CD4O induces TIMP-1 translation by usage of alternative 5' transcription start sites, increased transcript translocation or increased translational efficiency. ..
- Endonuclease dificiency in breast cancer progressionAlexei Basnakian; Fiscal Year: 2006..The next specific aim will be focused on functional studies to determine the role of EndoG in dedifferentiation and invasiveness of breast cancer cells in vitro (Specific Aim 2). ..
- COLLAGENASE REMOVAL IN OSTEOARTHRITISNicola Partridge; Fiscal Year: 2002..This work will offer insight into the basic pathophysiology of osteoarthritis and will be the basis for a new treatment option as well as determining the mechanisms of that treatment. ..
- Craniofacial Imaging in the 21st CenturySunil Kapila; Fiscal Year: 2002..The meeting will be limited to 300 participants who have a background in imaging. This symposia series will provide momentum to discoveries that will be important to craniofacial sciences and patient care. ..
- CHONDROPROTECTION BY A NOVEL RETINOID AND TRITERPENOIDMatthew Vincenti; Fiscal Year: 2004..This work will examine cellular/molecular events and whole animal models to characterize the chondroprotective potential of a novel steroid and a novel retinoid for the treatment of arthritis. ..
- PROMOTER- BASED ESTIMATION ANALYSISHiroki Yokota; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Fibronectin Fragment-Induced Osteolysis Mediated by MMPsSunil Kapila; Fiscal Year: 2009..These studies will provide a fundamental understanding of the basis for bone loss in periodontal disease and other osteolytic diseases. ..
- SONIC HEDGEHOG SIGNALING IN ODONTOGENESISEiki Koyama; Fiscal Year: 2003..The results of the project will provide key information on morphogenetic and cellular signals responsible for initiation and progression of odontogenesis. ..
- TOPICAL RETINOIDS FOR DIABETIC FOOT ULCERSJames Varani; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- CRANIOFACIAL SKELETAL TISSUE ENGINEERING CONFERENCESunil Kapila; Fiscal Year: 2008..The meeting will be limited to 250 participants who have a background in bioengineering. ..
- Mechanisms of MMP-3 Action in Acute Lung InjuryJames Varani; Fiscal Year: 2005..These studies will provide an overall understanding of the mechanism(s) by which MMP-3 contributes to acute lung injury. ..
- Somatomedin: Autologous Regulator of Bone FormationErnesto Canalis; Fiscal Year: 2008..These investigations should clarify the role of CHOP in bone cell differentiation and function. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Discovery and characterization of breast cancer genesJohn Hodgson; Fiscal Year: 2008..Finally, effects on in vivo tumorigenic potential will be assessed by evaluating tumor growth in immunedeficient mice. [unreadable] [unreadable]..