Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MMP-9
Description: matrix metallopeptidase 9
Alias: CLG4B, GELB, MANDP2, MMP-9, matrix metalloproteinase-9, macrophage gelatinase, matrix metallopeptidase 9 (gelatinase B, 92kDa gelatinase, 92kDa type IV collagenase), matrix metalloproteinase 9 (gelatinase B, 92kDa gelatinase, 92kDa type IV collagenase), type V collagenase
Publications415 found, 100 shown here
- MMP-9/gelatinase B is a key regulator of growth plate angiogenesis and apoptosis of hypertrophic chondrocytesT H Vu
Department of Anatomy, University of California, San Francisco 94143, USA
Cell 93:411-22. 1998..Growth plates from gelatinase B-null mice in culture show a delayed release of an angiogenic activator, establishing a role for this proteinase in controlling angiogenesis...
- Association of the single nucleotide polymorphisms in the extracellular matrix metalloprotease-9 gene with PACG in southern ChinaYanhong Cong
State Key Laboratory of Ophthalmology, Zhongshan Ophthalmic Center, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, People s Republic of China
Mol Vis 15:1412-7. 2009..To study the association of the single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) rs17576 and rs2250889 in the extracellular matrix metalloprotease-9 (MMP-9) gene with primary angle closure glaucoma (PACG) in southern Chinese patients...
- Cell surface-localized matrix metalloproteinase-9 proteolytically activates TGF-beta and promotes tumor invasion and angiogenesisQ Yu
Molecular Pathology Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital, and Department of Pathology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02129 USA
Genes Dev 14:163-76. 2000..These observations suggest that coordinated CD44, MMP-9, and TGF-beta function may provide a physiological mechanism of tissue remodeling that can be adopted by malignant cells to promote tumor growth and invasion...
- The high molecular weight urinary matrix metalloproteinase (MMP) activity is a complex of gelatinase B/MMP-9 and neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin (NGAL). Modulation of MMP-9 activity by NGALL Yan
Department of Surgery, Children s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 276:37258-65. 2001..In summary, this study identifies the 125-kDa urinary gelatinase as being a complex of MMP-9 and NGAL and provides evidence that NGAL modulates MMP-9 activity by protecting it from degradation...
- MMP-9 supplied by bone marrow-derived cells contributes to skin carcinogenesisL M Coussens
Cancer Research Institute, University of California, San Francisco 94143, USA
Cell 103:481-90. 2000..Thus, inflammatory cells can be coconspirators in carcinogenesis...
- MMP9 induction by vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-1 is involved in lung-specific metastasisSachie Hiratsuka
Department of Genetics, Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, Minato ku, Tokyo 108 8639, Japan
Cancer Cell 2:289-300. 2002..Thus, a block of MMP9 induction via VEGFR-1 inhibition could be useful for the prevention of tumor metastasis in lung...
- Prospective study of matrix metalloproteinase-9 and risk of myocardial infarction and stroke in older men and womenBarbara J Jefferis
Department of Primary Care and Population Health, UCL Medical School, London, United Kingdom
Atherosclerosis 208:557-63. 2010..We investigate prospective associations between MMP-9 and MI or stroke in an older general population cohort, accounting for established and novel cardiovascular risk factors...
- KLF8 promotes human breast cancer cell invasion and metastasis by transcriptional activation of MMP9X Wang
Burnett School of Biomedical Sciences, College of Medicine, University of Central Florida, Orlando, FL 32827, USA
Oncogene 30:1901-11. 2011..Taken together, this work identified the KLF8 activation of MMP9 as a novel and critical signaling mechanism underlying human breast cancer invasion and metastasis...
- The matrix metalloproteinase-9/neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin complex plays a role in breast tumor growth and is present in the urine of breast cancer patientsCecilia A Fernandez
Vascular Biology Program and Department of Surgery, Children s Hospital Boston, MA, USA
Clin Cancer Res 11:5390-5. 2005..Based on our previous reports that MMPs can be detected in the urine of cancer patients, we also asked whether MMP-9/NGAL could be detected in the urine of breast cancer patients and whether it might be predictive of disease status...
- Biomarkers of extracellular matrix metabolism (MMP-9 and TIMP-1) and risk of stroke, myocardial infarction, and cause-specific mortality: cohort studyJonas Hansson
Department of Medical Sciences, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
PLoS ONE 6:e16185. 2011..An altered extracellular matrix metabolism has been implicated in a variety of diseases. We investigated relations of serum levels of MMP-9 and TIMP-1 to mortality risk from an etiological perspective...
- Oxidized low-density and high-density lipoproteins regulate the production of matrix metalloproteinase-1 and -9 by activated monocytesJeanette A Ardans
Immunopathology Section, National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Leukoc Biol 71:1012-8. 2002..These data suggest that the interaction of primary monocytes with ox-LDL and proinflammatory cytokines may contribute to vascular remodeling and plaque rupture...
- Breaking down the barrier: the effects of HIV-1 on the blood-brain barrierMarianne Strazza
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, and Center for Molecular Virology and Translational Neuroscience, Institute for Molecular Medicine and Infectious Disease, Drexel University College of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19102, USA
Brain Res 1399:96-115. 2011....
- Plasma concentrations and genetic variation of matrix metalloproteinase 9 and prognosis of patients with cardiovascular diseaseStefan Blankenberg
Department of Medicine II, Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz, Germany
Circulation 107:1579-85. 2003..However, epidemiological data evaluating the prognostic impact of circulating concentrations and functional genetic variations of MMP-9 are lacking...
- A Fra-1-dependent, matrix metalloproteinase driven EGFR activation promotes human lung epithelial cell motility and invasionPavan Adiseshaiah
Department of Environmental Health Sciences, Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
J Cell Physiol 216:405-12. 2008..Taken together, our data suggest that Fra-1 enhances lung cancer epithelial cell motility and invasion by inducing the activity of MMPs, in particular MMP-2 and MMP-9, and EGFR-activated signaling...
- Polymorphisms of matrix metalloproteinases 1, 2, 3 and 9 and susceptibility to lung, breast and colorectal cancer in over 30,000 subjectsPeter McColgan
Imperial College Cerebrovascular Research Unit, Imperial College London, Hammersmith Hospitals, London, United Kingdom
Int J Cancer 125:1473-8. 2009..Subjects with the MMP-1 nt-1607 polymorphism have an increased association with colorectal cancer. Those homozygous for either the MMP-2/1306T or 735T allele may be at reduced risk of lung cancer, although the evidence base is small...
- Neutrophil MMP-9 proenzyme, unencumbered by TIMP-1, undergoes efficient activation in vivo and catalytically induces angiogenesis via a basic fibroblast growth factor (FGF-2)/FGFR-2 pathwayVeronica C Ardi
Department of Cell Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
J Biol Chem 284:25854-66. 2009....
- Adiposity and low-grade systemic inflammation modulate matrix metalloproteinase-9 levels in Greek children with sleep apneaAthanasios G Kaditis
University of Thessaly, School of Medicine, Larissa, Greece
Pediatr Pulmonol 45:693-9. 2010..The aim of this investigation was to evaluate the association of severity of OSA, adiposity, and CRP with MMP-9 plasma levels in Greek children...
- CXCL12/CXCR4 signaling activates Akt-1 and MMP-9 expression in prostate cancer cells: the role of bone microenvironment-associated CXCL12Sreenivasa R Chinni
Department of Urology, Wayne State University School of Medicine and The Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Institute, Detroit, Michigan 48201, USA
Prostate 66:32-48. 2006..Recent evidence suggests that similar mechanisms may be active in cancer metastasis. Previously, we showed that metalloproteases (MMPs), and in particular MMP-9, play a role in prostate cancer (PC) expansion in bone...
- ZBRK1 acts as a metastatic suppressor by directly regulating MMP9 in cervical cancerLi fang Lin
Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, National Cheng Kung University, Department of Pathology, Tainan, Taiwan
Cancer Res 70:192-201. 2010..Our findings suggest that ZBRK1 acts to inhibit metastasis of cervical carcinoma, perhaps by modulating MMP9 expression...
- Inhibition of nuclear factor erythroid 2-related factor 2 exacerbates HIV-1 gp120-induced oxidative and inflammatory response: role in HIV associated neurocognitive disorderPichili Vijaya Bhaskar Reddy
Department of Immunology, Institute of Neuroimmune Pharmacology, Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine, Florida International University, Miami, FL, USA
Neurochem Res 37:1697-706. 2012..Taken together, these results suggest a possible protective role of Nrf2 in regulating the levels of pro-oxidative and pro-inflammatory molecules in HAND...
- META060 attenuates TNF-α-activated inflammation, endothelial-monocyte interactions, and matrix metalloproteinase-9 expression, and inhibits NF-κB and AP-1 in THP-1 monocytesAnuradha Desai
Metagenics, Inc, Gig Harbor, WA 98332, USA
Atherosclerosis 223:130-6. 2012..A modified hop extract, META060, was identified as an inhibitor of inflammatory mediators in human rheumatoid arthritis synovial fibroblasts...
- Inflammatory and alternatively activated human macrophages attract vessel-associated stem cells, relying on separate HMGB1- and MMP-9-dependent pathwaysKarine Lolmede
Clinical Cardiovascular Biology Research Center, H San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Milano, Italy
J Leukoc Biol 85:779-87. 2009..Moreover, they open the possibility of novel strategies, aimed at interfering selectively with signals that recruit blood-derived stem cells toward pro- or anti-inflammatory macrophages...
- The membrane-anchored matrix metalloproteinase (MMP) regulator RECK in combination with MMP-9 serves as an informative prognostic indicator for colorectal cancerTaku Takeuchi
Department of Surgery, Nara Medical University, Kashihara City, Nara, Japan
Clin Cancer Res 10:5572-9. 2004..However, the clinical relevance of these findings remains to be fully documented. Here we examined the expression of RECK and one of its targets, MMP-9, in colorectal cancer tissue...
- Acrolein-activated matrix metalloproteinase 9 contributes to persistent mucin productionHitesh S Deshmukh
Center for Environmental Genetics, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 38:446-54. 2008..In this study, increased mMUC5AC transcripts and protein were associated with increased lung matrix metalloproteinase 9 (mMMP9) transcripts, protein, and activity in acrolein-exposed mice...
- Matrix metalloproteinase-9 is associated with relapse and prognosis of patients with colorectal cancerDake Chu
State Key Laboratory of Cancer Biology, Department of Gastrointestinal Surgery, Xijing Hospital of Digestive Diseases, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an, Shaanxi, China
Ann Surg Oncol 19:318-25. 2012..The present study aims to examine MMP-9 expression in human colorectal cancer and to determine its association with clinicopathological characteristics and prognosis...
- Matrix metalloproteinase-2 (MMP-2) and -9 (MMP-9) in preoperative serum as independent prognostic markers in patients with colorectal cancerVesna V Dragutinović
Institute of Medical Chemistry, School of Medicine, University of Belgrade, Visegradska 26, Belgrade, Serbia
Mol Cell Biochem 355:173-8. 2011..Detection of MMP-2 and MMP-9 in serum might be useful for identification of patients with higher risk for colorectal cancer recurrence...
- Absence of Thy-1 results in TGF-β induced MMP-9 expression and confers a profibrotic phenotype to human lung fibroblastsGustavo Ramirez
Facultad de Ciencias, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Mexico DF, Mexico
Lab Invest 91:1206-18. 2011..These findings indicate that loss of Thy-1 in human lung fibroblasts induces a fibrogenic phenotype...
- PPARα and PPARγ protect against HIV-1-induced MMP-9 overexpression via caveolae-associated ERK and Akt signalingWen Huang
Molecular Neuroscience and Vascular Biology Laboratory, Department of Neurosurgery, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky, USA
FASEB J 25:3979-88. 2011..Overall, our results indicate that ERK1/2, Akt, and cav-1 are involved in the regulatory mechanisms of PPAR-mediated protection against HIV-1-induced MMP-9 expression in brain endothelial cells...
- HIV-1 Tat protein increases the permeability of brain endothelial cells by both inhibiting occludin expression and cleaving occludin via matrix metalloproteinase-9Ruifen Xu
Key Laboratory of Biomedical Information Engineering of Education Ministry, School of Life Science and Technology, Xi an Jiaotong University, Xi an, China
Brain Res 1436:13-9. 2012..Taken together, these results show that the HIV-1 Tat protein disrupts BBB integrity, at least in part by decreasing the production of occludin...
- Nitric oxide-mediated regulation of β-amyloid clearance via alterations of MMP-9/TIMP-1Lisa A Ridnour
Radiation Biology Branch, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD, USA
J Neurochem 123:736-49. 2012..Aβ) peptides that are metabolized into products, including Aβ1-16, by proteases including matrix metalloproteinase 9 (MMP-9)...
- Vascular cell adhesion molecule 1 (VCAM-1) activation of endothelial cell matrix metalloproteinases: role of reactive oxygen speciesTracy L Deem
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, PO Box 670529, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH 45267 0529, USA
Blood 104:2385-93. 2004..In summary, this is the first report of a mechanism for ROS function in VCAM-1 activation of endothelial cell MMPs during VCAM-1-dependent lymphocyte migration...
- Silibinin suppresses PMA-induced MMP-9 expression by blocking the AP-1 activation via MAPK signaling pathways in MCF-7 human breast carcinoma cellsSyng Ook Lee
Department of Food Science and Technology and The Center for Traditional Microorganism Resources TMR, Keimyung University, Daegu 704 701, Republic of Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 354:165-71. 2007..These results suggest that silibinin represents a potential anti-metastatic agent suppressing PMA-induced cancer cell invasion through the specific inhibition of AP-1-dependent MMP-9 gene expression...
- Safety profile of tissue plasminogen activator treatment among stroke patients carrying a common polymorphism (C-1562T) in the promoter region of the matrix metalloproteinase-9 geneJoan Montaner
Neurovascular Research Laboratory, Stroke Unit, Vall d Hebron Hospital, Barcelona, Spain
Stroke 34:2851-5. 2003....
- Matrix metalloproteinase-9 promotes chronic lymphocytic leukemia b cell survival through its hemopexin domainJavier Redondo-Muñoz
Centro de Investigaciones Biologicas, Madrid, Spain
Cancer Cell 17:160-72. 2010..Our results establish that MMP/receptor binding induces intracellular survival signals and highlight the role of (pro)MMP-9 in B-CLL pathogenesis...
- Serum amyloid A stimulates matrix-metalloproteinase-9 upregulation via formyl peptide receptor like-1-mediated signaling in human monocytic cellsHa Young Lee
Medical Research Center for Cancer Molecular Therapy, College of Medicine, Dong A University, Busan 602 714, Republic of Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 330:989-98. 2005..Taken together, we suggest that SAA plays a role in the modulation of inflammatory and immune responses via FPRL1, by inducing MMP-9 upregulation in human monocytic cells...
- Breast cancer cells induce stromal fibroblasts to express MMP-9 via secretion of TNF-alpha and TGF-betaChristina H Stuelten
Laboratory of Cell Regulation and Carcinogenesis, CCR, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Cell Sci 118:2143-53. 2005..Together, our results indicate that MMP-9 levels in tumor fibroblasts are regulated by a complex tumor-stroma cross-talk, involving multiple ligands and cellular signaling pathways...
- Matrix metalloproteinase-9 is up-regulated by CCL21/CCR7 interaction via extracellular signal-regulated kinase-1/2 signaling and is involved in CCL21-driven B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemia cell invasion and migrationJavier Redondo-Muñoz
Departamento de Fisiopatología Celular y Molecular, Centro de Investigaciones Biologicas, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas CSIC, Madrid
Blood 111:383-6. 2008..These results strongly suggest that MMP-9 is involved in B-CLL nodal infiltration and expand the roles of MMP-9 and CCR7 in B-CLL progression. Both molecules could thus constitute therapeutic targets for this disease...
- Expression of MMP2, MMP9 and MMP3 in breast cancer brain metastasis in a rat modelOdete Mendes
Department of Pathobiology, College of Veterinary Medicine, Texas A and M University, College Station, Texas 77843, USA
Clin Exp Metastasis 22:237-46. 2005..In addition, PD 166793 decreased the in vitro invasive cell behavior of ENU1546. Together our results suggest that MMP-2, -3 and -9 may be involved in the process of metastasis of breast cancer to the brain...
- Vehicular emissions induce vascular MMP-9 expression and activity associated with endothelin-1-mediated pathwaysAmie K Lund
Lovelace Respiratory Research Institute, Department of Toxicology, Albuquerque, NM 87108, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 29:511-7. 2009....
- Polymorphisms in matrix metalloproteinase-1, -9 and -12 genes and the risk of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in a Korean populationShin Yup Lee
Department of Internal Medicine, School of Medicine, Kyungpook National University, Daegu, Republic of Korea
Respiration 80:133-8. 2010..Although a few studies have been conducted to evaluate the association of polymorphisms in matrix metalloproteinase (MMP) genes with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), the results have been inconsistent...
- Alpha4beta1 integrin and 190-kDa CD44v constitute a cell surface docking complex for gelatinase B/MMP-9 in chronic leukemic but not in normal B cellsJavier Redondo-Muñoz
Departamento de Fisiopatología Celular y Molecular, Centro de Investigaciones Biologicas, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas, Madrid, Spain
Blood 112:169-78. 2008..Thus, we have identified alpha4beta1 and CD44v as a novel proMMP-9 cell surface docking complex and show that cell-associated MMP-9 may regulate B-CLL cell migration and arrest...
- Activated integrin alphavbeta3 cooperates with metalloproteinase MMP-9 in regulating migration of metastatic breast cancer cellsMelanie Rolli
Department of Molecular and Experimental Medicine, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:9482-7. 2003..These molecules cooperate to enhance breast cancer cell migration toward specific matrix proteins, and this may contribute to the strongly enhanced metastatic capacity of breast cancer cells that express activated alphavbeta3...
- Radiation-enhanced hepatocellular carcinoma cell invasion with MMP-9 expression through PI3K/Akt/NF-kappaB signal transduction pathwayJ C H Cheng
Department of Oncology, National Taiwan University Hospital and College of Medicine, Taipei, Taiwan
Oncogene 25:7009-18. 2006..Taken together, our results indicated that sublethal dose of radiation could enhance HCC cell invasiveness by MMP-9 expression through the PI3K/Akt/NF-kappaB signal transduction pathway...
- MMP-9 in B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemia is up-regulated by alpha4beta1 integrin or CXCR4 engagement via distinct signaling pathways, localizes to podosomes, and is involved in cell invasion and migrationJavier Redondo-Muñoz
Departamento de Inmunologia, Centro de Investigaciones Biologicas, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas CSIC, Ramiro de Maeztu 9, 28040 Madrid, Spain
Blood 108:3143-51. 2006..MMP-9 could therefore constitute a target for treatment of this malignancy...
- Engagement of collagen-binding integrins promotes matrix metalloproteinase-9-dependent E-cadherin ectodomain shedding in ovarian carcinoma cellsJaime Symowicz
Departments of Cell and Molecular Biology and Pathology, Northwestern University Feinberg Medical School, Chicago, IL, USA
Cancer Res 67:2030-9. 2007..These data support a novel mechanism for posttranslational modification of E-cadherin function via MMP-9 induction initiated by cell-matrix contact and suggest a mechanism for promotion of EOC metastatic dissemination...
- Constraining specificity in the N-domain of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases-1; gelatinase-selective inhibitorsAsmaa B Hamze
College of Biomedical Science, Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton, Florida 33431, USA
Protein Sci 16:1905-13. 2007..8 and 0.4 nM for MMP-2 and -9, respectively. Interestingly, the Gly mutant has a Ki of 2.1 nM for MMP-9 and >40 muM for MMP-2, indicating that engineered TIMPs can discriminate between MMPs in the same subfamily...
- Histone deacetylases 1, 6 and 8 are critical for invasion in breast cancerSoon Young Park
Myunggok Medical Research Institute, College of Medicine, Konyang University, Daejeon 302 718, Republic of Korea
Oncol Rep 25:1677-81. 2011..By developing HDAC isoforms as potential biomarkers for breast cancer metastasis, the present study can be extended to developing therapies for breast cancer invasion...
- Circulating MMP2 and MMP9 in breast cancer -- potential role in classification of patients into low risk, high risk, benign disease and breast cancer categoriesStella B Somiari
Clinical Breast Care Project, Windber Research Institute, Windber, PA 15963, USA
Int J Cancer 119:1403-11. 2006..Independent validation based on the leave-one-out cross validation approach gave an overall classification of 63%. Our study provides evidence supporting the potential role of serum MMP2/9 as biomarkers for breast disease classification...
- Role of MMP9 on invadopodia formation in cells from adenoid cystic carcinoma. Study by laser scanning confocal microscopyCamila F Nascimento
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Institute of Biomedical Sciences, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Microsc Res Tech 73:99-108. 2010..Our results showed that CAC2 cells exhibit functional invadopodia containing cortactin and MT1-MMP. Furthermore, MMP9 would be required in the initial steps of invadopodia formation...
- Matrix metalloproteinases 2 and 9 work in concert to produce aortic aneurysmsG Matthew Longo
Department of Surgery, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, Nebraska 68198 7690, USA
J Clin Invest 110:625-32. 2002..These findings suggest that macrophage-derived MMP-9 and mesenchymal cell MMP-2 are both required and work in concert to produce AAA...
- A coding polymorphism in matrix metalloproteinase 9 reduces risk of scarring sequelae of ocular Chlamydia trachomatis infectionAngels Natividad
London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London University, London, UK
BMC Med Genet 7:40. 2006..Expression and activity of matrix metalloproteinase 9 (MMP-9), a major effector of ECM turnover, is up-regulated in the inflamed conjunctiva of trachoma ..
- High MMP-9 activity levels in fragile X syndrome are lowered by minocyclineMagdalena Dziembowska
Nencki Institute, Warsaw, Poland
Am J Med Genet A 161:1897-903. 2013..The results of this study suggest that, in humans, activity levels of MMP-9 are lowered by minocycline and that, in some cases, changes in MMP-9 activity are positively associated with improvement based on clinical measures...
- Production of matrix metalloproteinase-9 in early stage B-CLL: suppression by interferonsB Bauvois
Unite 365 INSERM, Section de Recherche, Institut Curie, Pavillon Pasteur, 26 Rue d Ulm, 75248 Paris Cedex 05, France
Leukemia 16:791-8. 2002..IFNs however did not affect the production of bFGF, VEGF and TNF-alpha. Together, our data show that B-CLL lymphocytes synthesize MMP-9 and emphasize the specific inhibitory actions of IFNs on its expression...
- Analysis of candidate genes on chromosome 20q12-13.1 reveals evidence for BMI mediated association of PREX1 with type 2 diabetes in European AmericansJoshua P Lewis
Center for Human Genomics, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, NC 27157, USA
Genomics 96:211-9. 2010..0018-0.041). Mediation testing revealed that 30-40% of the effects of these SNPs on T2D were significantly mediated by BMI. SNPs near PREX1 may contribute to T2D susceptibility mediated through effects of adiposity in European Americans...
- Blood-brain barrier abnormalities caused by HIV-1 gp120: mechanistic and therapeutic implicationsJean Pierre Louboutin
Department of Pathology, Anatomy and Cell Biology, Thomas Jefferson University, 1020 Locust Street Room 255 Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
ScientificWorldJournal 2012:482575. 2012....
- IL-1β-induced activation of p38 promotes metastasis in gastric adenocarcinoma via upregulation of AP-1/c-fos, MMP2 and MMP9Qiaojia Huang
Department of Experimental Medicine, Fuzhou General Hospital Dongfang Hospital, 156 North Xi er Huan Road, Fuzhou City, Fujian Province 350025, China
Mol Cancer 13:18. 2014..P38 and JNK are the major MAPK family members that regulate IL-1β signaling pathways. Here, we investigated the role of both p38 and JNK in IL-1β-induced GA cell migration, invasion and metastatic potential...
- Eosinophil inflammation of nasal polyp tissue: relationships with matrix metalloproteinases, tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-1, and transforming growth factor-beta1Young Mok Lee
Department of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, Ajou University School of Medicine, Suwon, Korea
J Korean Med Sci 18:97-102. 2003..Close correlations were noted between TGF-beta1, and MMP-9 and MMP-2, but not with TIMP-1. MMP-2, MMP-9, and TGF-beta1 may contribute to eosinophil and mast cell migrations into nasal polyp tissue...
- The regulation of hematopoietic stem cell and progenitor mobilization by chemokine SDF-1Koichi Hattori
Division of Hematology Oncology, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, 1300 York Avenue, Room D601 New York, NY 10021, USA
Leuk Lymphoma 44:575-82. 2003..These studies lay the foundation for using SDF-1 to induce mobilization of progenitor cells in a BM transplantation setting...
- Matrix metalloproteinase-9 genotype influences large artery stiffness through effects on aortic gene and protein expressionTanya L Medley
Alfred and Baker Medical Unit, Baker Medical Research Institute, University of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 24:1479-84. 2004..This study examined whether matrix metalloproteinase (MMP)-9 (gelatinase B) genotype is associated with large artery stiffening and aortic MMP-9 gene and protein expression...
- Matrix metalloproteinase-9 (MMP-9), MMP-2, and serum elastase activity are associated with systolic hypertension and arterial stiffness- Yasmin
Clinical Pharmacology Unit, University of Cambridge Addenbrooke s Hospital Cambridge, United Kingdom
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 25:372. 2005..We hypothesized that elastase activity would be related to arterial stiffness and tested this using isolated systolic hypertension (ISH) as a model of stiffening and separately in a large cohort of healthy individuals...
- Ascochlorin inhibits matrix metalloproteinase-9 expression by suppressing activator protein-1-mediated gene expression through the ERK1/2 signaling pathway: inhibitory effects of ascochlorin on the invasion of renal carcinoma cellsSaHyun Hong
Department of Pathology and Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, College of Medicine, Catholic University of Daegu, Daegu 705 034, Korea
J Biol Chem 280:25202-9. 2005..In conclusion, ascochlorin represents a unique natural anti-tumor compound that specifically inhibits MMP-9 activity through suppression of AP-1-dependent induction of MMP-9 gene expression...
- Serum MMP-9/TIMP-1 and MMP-2/TIMP-2 ratios in multiple sclerosis: relationships with different magnetic resonance imaging measures of disease activity during IFN-beta-1a treatmentC Avolio
Department of Medical and Occupational Sciences, University of Foggia, Foggia, Italy
Mult Scler 11:441-6. 2005..85; P < 0.05) of the numbers of MRI Gd-TD active lesions. These data confirm that serum MMP-9/TMIP-1 ratio may be viewed as a reliable marker and may be predictive of MRI activity in RR MS...
- Regulatory polymorphisms in extracellular matrix protease genes and susceptibility to rheumatoid arthritis: a case-control studyJulio Rodriguez-Lopez
Research Laboratory 2 and Rheumatology Unit, Hospital Clinico Universitario de Santiago, Santiago de Compostela, Spain
Arthritis Res Ther 8:R1. 2006....
- Reduced expression of inducible gelatinase B/matrix metalloproteinase-9 in monocytes from patients with myelodysplastic syndrome: Correlation of inducible levels with the percentage of cytogenetically marked cells and with marrow cellularityMineo Iwata
Clinical Research Division, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
Blood 109:85-92. 2007..001). We conclude that monocytes can express MMP-9 in response to stromal factors and that this response may be significantly decreased in MDS-derived monocytes...
- Targeted knockdown of Notch1 inhibits invasion of human prostate cancer cells concomitant with inhibition of matrix metalloproteinase-9 and urokinase plasminogen activatorBilal Bin Hafeez
Department of Dermatology, University of Wisconsin, 1300 University Avenue, Medical Science Center, B 25, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Clin Cancer Res 15:452-9. 2009..Because Notch1 was found to be overexpressed in prostate cancer (PCa) cells and human PCa tissue, we therefore tested our hypothesis that overexpression of Notch1 in PCa promotes tumor invasion...
- Abl interactor 1 regulates Src-Id1-matrix metalloproteinase 9 axis and is required for invadopodia formation, extracellular matrix degradation and tumor growth of human breast cancer cellsXiaolin Sun
Department of Internal Medicine, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Amarillo, TX 79106, USA
Carcinogenesis 30:2109-16. 2009..Taken together, these results indicate that the Abi1 signaling plays a critical role in breast cancer progression and suggest that this pathway may serve as a therapeutic target for the treatment of human breast cancer...
- Matrix-metalloproteinase-2, -8 and -9 in serum and skin blister fluid in patients with severe sepsisFiia P Gäddnäs
Department of Anesthesiology, Division of Intensive Care, Oulu University Hospital, Kajaanintie 50, Oulu, Finland
Crit Care 14:R49. 2010..The aim of this study was to investigate the timely development of serum and skin MMP-2, -8 and -9 levels in human severe sepsis and their association with disease severity and mortality...
- Role of MMP-3 and MMP-9 and their haplotypes in risk of bladder cancer in North Indian cohortPriyanka Srivastava
Department of Urology and Renal Transplantation, Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India
Ann Surg Oncol 17:3068-75. 2010..To test this proposition we examined whether six SNPs of the MMP-3 and MMP-9 genes are associated with risk of bladder cancer (BC) in a North Indian population...
- Runx3 suppresses gastric cancer metastasis through inactivation of MMP9 by upregulation of TIMP-1Yu Chen
State Key Laboratory of Cancer Biology and Department of Digestive Diseases, Xijing Hospital, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an, Shaanxi Province, People s Republic of China
Int J Cancer 129:1586-98. 2011..Gelatin zymography and Western blot showed that instead of regulating matrix metalloproteinase 9 (MMP9) expression, RUNX3 expression inhibited MMP9 enzyme activity, and this was consistent with the ..
- Expression of MMP-2, -7, -9, MT1-MMP and TIMP-1 and -2 has no prognostic relevance in patients with advanced epithelial ovarian cancerJean Luc Brun
Department of Obstetrics, Hopital Tenon, AP HP, F 75571 Paris, France
Oncol Rep 27:1049-57. 2012..Standard statistical analysis adjusted after Bonferroni correction and CMDS reduced the relevance of MMPs and TIMPs in the prognosis of patients with advanced ovarian cancer...
- Type I collagen and matrix metalloproteinase 1, 3 and 9 gene polymorphisms in the predisposition to pelvic organ prolapseMaria Maddalena Ferrari
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, IRCCS Fondazione Policlinico Mangiagalli e Regina Elena, Milan, Italy
Arch Gynecol Obstet 285:1581-6. 2012..To evaluate whether the presence of specific polymorphism in the gene promoter of collagen and some matrix metalloproteinases was associated with the risk of developing pelvic organ prolapse...
- AP-1 mediated transcriptional repression of matrix metalloproteinase-9 by recruitment of histone deacetylase 1 in response to interferon βMegan L Mittelstadt
Department of Biological Sciences, University of South Carolina, Columbia, South Carolina, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e42152. 2012..Altogether, our results establish that the repression of MMP-9 transcription in response to IFNβ occurs by the recruitment of HDAC1 via the proximal AP-1 binding site...
- Matrix metalloproteinase-9 genotype as a potential genetic marker for abdominal aortic aneurysmTyler Duellman
Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology Graduate Program, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, 1300 University Ave, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Circ Cardiovasc Genet 5:529-37. 2012....
- Overexpression of Bmi-1 contributes to the invasion and metastasis of hepatocellular carcinoma by increasing the expression of matrix metalloproteinase (MMP)‑2, MMP-9 and vascular endothelial growth factor via the PTEN/PI3K/Akt pathwayXiaolei Li
Department of Hepatobiliary Surgery, Xijing Hospital, The Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an, Shannxi 710032, P R China
Int J Oncol 43:793-802. 2013..These data demonstrate that Bmi-1 plays a vital role in HCC invasion and that Bmi-1 is a potential therapeutic target for HCC...
- Angiogenic capacity of M1- and M2-polarized macrophages is determined by the levels of TIMP-1 complexed with their secreted proMMP-9Ewa Zajac
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA
Blood 122:4054-67. 2013..Our study provides a unifying molecular mechanism for high angiogenic capacity of TIMP-free proMMP-9 that would be uniquely produced in a pathophysiological microenvironment by influxing neutrophils and/or M2 polarized macrophages. ..
- Collagen triple helix repeat containing 1 (CTHRC1) acts via ERK-dependent induction of MMP9 to promote invasion of colorectal cancer cellsHee Cheol Kim
Biomedical Genomics Research Center, Korea Research Institute of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Daejeon, South Korea
Oncotarget 5:519-29. 2014..an effect mediated by extracellular signal-regulated kinase (ERK)-dependent upregulation of matrix metalloproteinase 9 (MMP9)...
- Circulating matrix metalloproteinase-9 concentrations and abdominal aortic aneurysm presence: a meta-analysisHisato Takagi
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Shizuoka Medical Center, Sunto gun, Shizuoka 411 8611, Japan
Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg 9:437-40. 2009..We found that, based on a systematic review and meta-analysis, circulating MMP-9 concentrations are higher in patients with AAA than those in subjects without AAA. Higher circulating MMP-9 concentrations are associated with AAA presence...
- Analysis of intra-uterine cytokine concentration and matrix-metalloproteinase activity in women with recurrent failed embryo transferN Inagaki
Reproductive Biology Unit, The Royal Women s Hospital, 132 Grattan Street, Carlton, Victoria 3053, Australia
Hum Reprod 18:608-15. 2003..This question was addressed by measuring cytokine concentrations and matrix metalloproteinase activities in fluid derived from uterine irrigation of such patients...
- RhoA induces MMP-9 expression at CD44 lamellipodial focal complexes and promotes HMEC-1 cell invasionIrina Abécassis
INSERM U496, Hopital Saint Louis, 1 Ave C Vellefaux, 75010, Paris, France
Exp Cell Res 291:363-76. 2003..We propose that RhoA triggers signalling pathways that, upregulating expression of a proteinase at specific membrane localizations, may confer an highly invasive phenotype to endothelial cells...
- Matrix metalloproteinase-2 and matrix metalloproteinase-9 expressions correlate with the recurrence of intracranial meningiomasMasaki Okada
Department of Neurological Surgery, Kagawa Medical University, Kita County, Kagawa, Japan
J Neurooncol 66:29-37. 2004..We studied whether or not the expressions of MMP-2 and MMP-9 were correlated with the proliferative potential or recurrence of intracranial meningiomas...
- Class II major histocompatibility complex transactivator (CIITA) inhibits matrix metalloproteinase-9 gene expressionSusan Nozell
Department of Cell Biology, The University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama 35294 0005, USA
J Biol Chem 279:38577-89. 2004....
- The clinical relevance of stromal matrix metalloproteinase expression in ovarian cancerAparna A Kamat
Department of Gynecologic Oncology, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77230 1439, USA
Clin Cancer Res 12:1707-14. 2006..We sought to determine the role of epithelial (tumor cell-derived) and stromal (host-derived) expression of MMPs in predicting the clinical outcome of patients with epithelial ovarian cancer (EOC)...
- Matrix metalloproteinase (MMP) -1, -2, -3 and -9 promoter polymorphisms in colorectal cancerNils Elander
Division of Cell Biology, Department of Biomedicine and Surgery, Faculty of Health Sciences, Linkoping, Sweden
Anticancer Res 26:791-5. 2006..Matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs) are a group of matrix-degrading proteins implicated in several pathological processes, e.g., invasion and metastasis in malignant diseases such as colorectal cancer (CRC)...
- Angiotensin II type 1 receptor expression in human gastric cancer and induces MMP2 and MMP9 expression in MKN-28 cellsWei Huang
Department of Gastroenterology, Ruijin Hospital, Jiaotong University School of Medicine, Shanghai, China
Dig Dis Sci 53:163-8. 2008..These results suggest that AT1R is involved in the progression of gastric cancer and may promote the angiogenesis of gastric cancer cell line (MKN-28), and these effects may be associated with the upregulation of MMP2 and MMP9...
- The oral anti-diabetic agent, gliclazide, inhibits oxidized LDL-mediated LOX-1 expression, metalloproteinase-9 secretion and apoptosis in human aortic endothelial cellsLing Li
CHUM Research Centre, Notre Dame Hospital, Department of Medicine, University of Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Atherosclerosis 204:40-6. 2009..These results demonstrate that gliclazide inhibits endothelial LOX-1 expression and prevents LOX-1-mediated proatherogenic effects associated with endothelial dysfunction and plaque rupture...
- Genetic polymorphisms of cytochrome p450 and matrix metalloproteinase in chronic obstructive pulmonary diseaseShih Lung Cheng
Department of Internal Medicine, Far Eastern Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Biochem Genet 47:591-601. 2009..Combinations of genetic variants including *2A homozygotes of CYP1A1 and T alleles in MMP-9 are significant indicators for susceptibility to COPD. The homozygous *2A allele of CYP1A1 is an independent risk factor for very severe COPD...
- Expression of MMP-7, MMP-9, TIMP-1 and TIMP-2 mRNA in lung tissue of patients with non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) and benign pulmonary diseaseJ Safranek
Departments of Surgery, Faculty of Medicine in Pilsen, Charles University in Prague, University Hospital in Pilsen, Czech Republic
Anticancer Res 29:2513-7. 2009....
- Clinical significance of the measurements of serum matrix metalloproteinase-9 and its inhibitor (tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-1) in patients with pancreatic cancer: metalloproteinase-9 as an independent prognostic factorBarbara Mroczko
Department of Biochemical Diagnostics, Medical University, Bialystok, Poland
Pancreas 38:613-8. 2009..The aim of the study was to determine the diagnostic and prognostic significance of the measurements of serum MMP-9 and tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-1 (TIMP-1) in patients with PC...
- Potential role of matrix metalloproteinase-2,-9 and tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinase-1,-2 in exudative pleural effusionsS Vatansever
Istanbul University, Istanbul Medical Faculty, Department of Internal Medicine, Istanbul, Turkey
Clin Invest Med 32:E293-300. 2009..To investigate diagnostic values of pleural fluid matrix metalloproteinase-2 (MMP-2), MMP-9, tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinase-1 (TIMP-1) and TIMP-2 measurements in tuberculous pleurisy(TP) and malignat pleurisy (MP)...
- Vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF), matrix metalloproteinase-9 (MMP-9), and thrombospondin-1 (TSP-1) expression in urothelial carcinomasGamze Donmez
Adana Numune Education and Research Hospital, Department of Pathology, Adana, Turkey
Pathol Res Pract 205:854-7. 2009..014, r=-0.21). Increased VEGF and MMP-9 expression as well as decreased TSP-1 expression may play considerable roles in the invasion and differentiation of urothelial carcinoma...
- Association of MMP-2 polymorphisms with severe and very severe COPD: a case control study of MMPs-1, 9 and 12 in a European populationImran Haq
School of Molecular Medical Sciences, Institute of Genetics, Queen s Medical Centre, University of Nottingham, UK
BMC Med Genet 11:7. 2010..Previous genetic studies of MMPs in COPD have had inadequate coverage of the genes, and have reported conflicting associations of both single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) and SNP haplotypes, plausibly due to under-powered studies...
- The role of MMP-9 in the anti-angiogenic effect of secreted protein acidic and rich in cysteineP Bhoopathi
Program of Cancer Biology, Department of Cancer Biology and Pharmacology, University of Illinois College of Medicine at Peoria, One Illini Drive, Peoria, IL 61605, USA
Br J Cancer 102:530-40. 2010..We therefore sought to determine the effect of SPARC expression on medulloblastoma tumour growth and angiogenesis...
- Disease and gender-specific dysregulation of NGAL and MMP-9 in type 1 diabetes mellitusKathryn M Thrailkill
Department of Pediatrics, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, AR, 72202, USA
Endocrine 37:336-43. 2010....
- Expression of matrix metalloproteinases 1, 3, and 9 in degenerated long head biceps tendon in the presence of rotator cuff tears: an immunohistological studyStefan Lakemeier
Department of Orthopedics and Rheumatology, University Hospital Marburg, Marburg, Germany
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 11:271. 2010..We compared expression of these MMPs in both LHB and healthy tendon samples...
- Methamphetamine and HIV-1 gp120 effects on lipopolysaccharide stimulated matrix metalloproteinase-9 production by human monocyte-derived macrophagesJessica L Reynolds
Departments of Medicine, Division of Allergy, Immunology and Rheumatology, State University of New York at Buffalo, Innovation Center, USA
Immunol Invest 40:481-97. 2011..Collectively methamphetamine and gp120 effects on MMPs may modulate remodeling of the extracellular environment enhancing migration of monocytes/macrophages to the CNS...
- Matrix metalloproteinase-9 genetic variation and primary angle closure glaucoma in a Caucasian populationMona S Awadalla
Ophthalmology Department, Flinders University, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Mol Vis 17:1420-4. 2011..To investigate the association between genetic variation at the matrix metalloproteinase-9 (MMP9) locus and primary angle closure glaucoma (PACG) in an Australian Caucasian population...
- MMP-9 silencing regulates hTERT expression via β1 integrin-mediated FAK signaling and induces senescence in glioma xenograft cellsShivani Ponnala
Department of Cancer Biology and Pharmacology, University of Illinois College of Medicine at Peoria, Peoria, IL 61656, USA
Cell Signal 23:2065-75. 2011..Taken together, these data provide new insights into the mechanisms underlying MMP-9-mediated hTERT expression in glioma proliferation...
- Activity of matrix metallo proteinases (MMPs) and the tissue inhibitor of MMP (TIMP)-1 in electromagnetic field-exposed THP-1 cellsAntonia Patruno
Department of Drug Sciences, University G D Annunzio, Chieti, Italy
J Cell Physiol 227:2767-74. 2012..These results may suggest a pathway connecting an imbalance of MMPs and their cognate inhibitor TIMP-1...
- ETS-1 protein regulates vascular endothelial growth factor-induced matrix metalloproteinase-9 and matrix metalloproteinase-13 expression in human ovarian carcinoma cell line SKOV-3Sonali Ghosh
Cell Biology and Physiology Division, CSIR Indian Institute of Chemical Biology, Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, 4 Raja S C Mullick Road, Kolkata 700032, India
J Biol Chem 287:15001-15. 2012..The study provides a mechanistic insight into the prometastatic functions of VEGF-induced expression of relevant MMPs...
- Increased MMP-9 and TIMP-1 in mouse neonatal brain and plasma and in human neonatal plasma after hypoxia-ischemia: a potential marker of neonatal encephalopathyNathalie Bednarek
INSERM, Hopital Robert Debre, Paris, France
Pediatr Res 71:63-70. 2012..We evaluated the effectiveness of matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs) and their naturally occurring tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinases (TIMPs) in predicting neonatal encephalopathy (NE) damage in newborns...
- MMP/TIMP imbalance in amniotic fluid during PROM: an indirect support for endogenous pathway to membrane ruptureS J Fortunato
Perinatal Research Center, Women s Health Research and Education Foundation, Nashville, TN, USA
J Perinat Med 27:362-8. 1999..This study examines the levels of the gelatinases and their natural inhibitors (tissue inhibitor of matrix metalloproteinases-TIMPs) in the amniotic fluid during PROM, preterm labor (PTL) and at term...
- Regulation of endothelial MMP expression and functionZorina Galis; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Matrix Metalloproteinases and Spinal Cord InjuryLinda J Noble; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Spinal Matrix Metalloproteinases in Hyperalgesia and AllodyniaCHRISTINA CHRISTIANSON; Fiscal Year: 2010..Many chronic pain conditions are inadequately alleviated by available medications. This proposal will examine the role of matrix metalloproteinases in the onset and the duration of pain sensations. ..
- Suresh C Tyagi; Fiscal Year: 2015..The positive outcome of this project will have therapeutic ramifications for chronic heart failure. ..
- 92K-GL (MMP 9) AND THE INVASIVE PHENOTYPEMARTIN BODDEN; Fiscal Year: 1999..The combination of the studies proposed in this application will provide a better understanding of the role of 92K-GL and TIMP-l, as well as other MMPs, in the invasive phenotype of human cancers of oral and other origins. ..
- Invasive Behavior of Tumor Cells Producing Collagenase-1Constance E Brinckerhoff; Fiscal Year: 2013..Inhibiting MMP-1 gene expression may, therefore, be useful in therapeutically controlling melanoma metastasis. ..
- Linda L Phillips; Fiscal Year: 2016..These studies are likely to identify novel options for regional and fiber targeted therapy in patients suffering from axonal damage after TBI. ..
- KATHLEEN RAMAN; Fiscal Year: 2016..The clinical relevance of this proposal is underscored by the increasing incidence of AAAs among the VA population and the limited treatment options that are currently available. ..
- Ana J Coito; Fiscal Year: 2014....
- A novel function of TIMP-1Hyeong Reh Choi Kim; Fiscal Year: 2012..This information may also be useful for the development of novel approaches for targeting TIMP-1's signaling activity versus its MP inhibitory activity. ..
- Matrix Metalloproteinases in Hepatic Ischemia and Reperfusion InjuryAna J Coito; Fiscal Year: 2010..Moreover, we will assess the function of Timp-1 overexpression as a therapeutic approach in partial liver IRI and in steatotic OLT. ..
- Suresh C Tyagi; Fiscal Year: 2016..PHS 398/2590 (Rev. 11/07) Page Continuation Format Page ..
- A Brent Carter; Fiscal Year: 2015..abstract_text> ..
- Targeting Matrix Metalloproteinases for Tumor ImagingCarolyn Anderson; Fiscal Year: 2004..If successful, the outcome of this study may be a PET tracer for determining the metastatic potential of various types of cancer. ..
- Suresh C Tyagi; Fiscal Year: 2016..The results of the proposed research should uncover the molecular mechanisms regulating Hcy-Fg-Ab-collagen complex formation and lead to effective strategies for the treatment of cerebrovascular complications during diseases such as AD. ..
- Matrix Metalloproteinases and CocaineBarbara A Sorg; Fiscal Year: 2012..These studies will have a positive impact on the drug abuse field because they will determine the potential for using MMP inhibitors to disrupt reconsolidation of cocaine memories that may underlie chronic relapse. ..
- Zena Werb; Fiscal Year: 2016..mechanisms of this complex interplay between malignant cancer cells and the surrounding non- malignant stroma represents one of the major challenges in cancer research, which once understood, will foster new approaches to cancer therapy, ..
- Conor C Lynch; Fiscal Year: 2014..abstract_text> ..
- Gregg B Fields; Fiscal Year: 2016....
- Innate Immunity in Acne VulgarisJenny J Kim; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- The Role of Extracelluar Enzymes in Regulating Corneal RepairMatilda Frances Chan; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- Jihe Zhao; Fiscal Year: 2014..Completion of this project will shed new lights on mechanisms responsible for breast cancer metastasis which may leads to new therapeutic intervention. ..
- Ling Qin; Fiscal Year: 2014..In addition, as a new investigator, I will be greatly benefited from this award by generating preliminary data to be used for competing future research supports. ..
- Judith A West-Mays; Fiscal Year: 2015..Ultimately, our goal is to define the TGF[unreadable]- mediated pathways controlling EMT and fibrosis in ASC and PCO in order to design therapeutics for mitigating these diseases. ..
- Veronica Shubayev; Fiscal Year: 2016..This porgram is designed to expedite the development and implementation of novel therapies to neurodegenerative diseases. ..
- WILLIAM RAMSES BISHAI; Fiscal Year: 2016..This study will identify the specific mechanisms and inflammatory processes that are subverted by bacterial cyclic-AMP secretion in order to identify targets in the host and the microbe that may be interrupted. ..
- Regulatory function of fyn in oral SCC invasionDaniel M Ramos; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Lipid Nanoparticle Mediated Inhibition and Detection of Matrix MetalloproteinasesSanku Mallik; Fiscal Year: 2012..The successful completion of this research will establish foundation for developing diagnostic and therapeutic tools for other proteins responsible for causing different human diseases. ..
- JOSEPH KOFI AGYIN; Fiscal Year: 2014..Together, these screens will provide validation for bone-targeted tumor-activated prodrugs as an effective treatment modality for treatment of MM and other bone metastatic cancers. ..
- New Molecular and Cellular Mechanisms of GlaucomaAndrei Surguchov; Fiscal Year: 2013..The purpose of this proposal is to examine how 3-synuclein affects prosurvival/prodeath signaling and how it is implicated in MMP-9 regulation in glaucoma. ..
- TYPE V COLLAGENASE IN RHEUMATOID ARTHRITISTayebeh Pourmotabbed; Fiscal Year: 2001..b>Type V collagenase/gelatinase B is a member of this multigene family of enzymes which exhibits high specificity for denatured ..
- Peter Libby; Fiscal Year: 2016..g. mineralocorticid receptor blocking agent or statin administration) affect matrix metabolism in humans in vivo. ..
- Trauma to Developing Brain-Injury and Repair MechanismsLinda J Noble; Fiscal Year: 2013..Together, these studies provide an important foundation for understanding the unique vulnerability of the young brain to TBI and for developing the most appropriate therapies for the brain-injured child. ..
- Human Cytomegalovirus-Induced Inhibition of Cytotrophoblast InvasionCINDY ANNE MORRIS; Fiscal Year: 2012..Defining how HCMV impairs EVT invasion is of major importance to the reproductive community and may provide additional therapeutic targets to maintain viable pregnancy. ..
- Aortic Aneurysm Formation: Mechanisms of Oxidative Stress-Induced MMP ExpressionMATTHEW JEREMIAH EAGLETON; Fiscal Year: 2012..A better understanding of the pathogenesis of AAA formation could lead to the development of pharmacotherapies used to prevent aneurysm expansion and rupture. ..
- Crevicular Fluid Content During Early Wound Healing- Implant versus ToothBinnaz Leblebicioglu; Fiscal Year: 2010..This model will allow investigation of early stages of wound healing prior to soft tissue seal maturation without altering actual treatment protocol. ..
- PIA JOHANNA HAUK; Fiscal Year: 2014..If bacteria in the airways of children with asthma cause more severe disease, antibiotics may have to be considered more often as therapy. ..
- Cognitive Function in SLE (COGNITION)Robin L Brey; Fiscal Year: 2010..The information that will be gained from this study is essential for the successful discovery of biological processes that impact on cognitive function in SLE that could be potentially amenable to disease-reversing therapies. ..
- Elena I Deryugina; Fiscal Year: 2016..The results will be then validated in a number of murine models of angiogenesis and metastasis including orthotopic transplants and transgenic models focusing on the human disease-like TRAMP model. ..
- MOLECULAR MECHANISMS OF ANEURYSMAL DEGENERATIONRobert Thompson; Fiscal Year: 2009..Taken together, these studies will contribute important new information on the mechanisms underlying extracellular matrix degradation in aneurysmal degeneration. ..
- Chemoprevention of Head &Neck Cancer Using Controlled Release PolymersSusan R Mallery; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- Molecular regulation of breast cancer growthMarsha A Moses; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Sanjay Misra; Fiscal Year: 2016..The long term goal of this current proposal and research program is to improve the care of patients with ESRD, the vast majority of who use long-term hemodialysis as their mode of renal replacement therapy. ..
- Biomarkers in Acute Kidney InjuryJoseph Bonventre; Fiscal Year: 2009..The identification of early biomarkers of AKI will be a major step forward in the clinical care of patients at risk for AKI and will tremendously aid research on novel strategies for its prevention and treatment. ..
- Intervention of Disease by Selective Gelatinase InhibitorsShahriar Mobashery; Fiscal Year: 2011..The present grant application attempts to bring forward members of this type of drug forward for preclinical development. ..
- William P Fay; Fiscal Year: 2016..We anticipate that the information gained from our experiments will lead to new strategies to treat and prevent vein graft disease. ..
- Physiology of Respiratory Muscle MicromechanicsALADIN BORIEK; Fiscal Year: 2009..The completion of these aims will significantly contribute to the fundamental understanding of mechanical signal transduction in the respiratory pump. ..
- Targeting MT-MMPs in Cancer ProgressionRAFAEL A FRIDMAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..Therefore, understanding the biological factors promoting these processes and developing therapies aimed at reducing tumor spread is of great clinical significance. ..
- Edward B Garon; Fiscal Year: 2015..At the conclusion of this research training, I will be well positioned to function as an independent physician scientist in patient-oriented lung cancer research, and I anticipate competing for independent research funding. ..
- Merry L Lindsey; Fiscal Year: 2016..Our multi-faceted approach will further advance the mechanistic understanding of the events that initiate post-MI LV remodeling, which may provide targets for translational research. ..
- Maintenance of Ocular Surface IntegrityM Elizabeth Fini; Fiscal Year: 2006..In the past grant period, this project focused on the role of Matrix Metalloproteinase (MMP) gelatinase B (gelB; MMP-9), expression of which is induced at the front of the corneal epithelium migrating to resurface a wound...
- Determining the Effect of Altered Pulse Pressure on Artery Structure and FunctionDANIKA HAYMAN; Fiscal Year: 2010..Ultimately this knowledge will improve vascular disease treatment. ..
- The Role of Gelatinase B in Terminal Airway RemodelingRobert Senior; Fiscal Year: 2005..Taken together, the studies proposed will contribute to better understanding of the biology of terminal airway epithelium, a site that is central in many chronic lung disorders, especially COPD. ..
- The role of Mycobacterium marinum protein ESAT-6 in promoting granuloma formationFrances Chu; Fiscal Year: 2011..These experiments may lead to the discovery and characterization of new host drug targets and reduce the time required to treat drug-resistant tuberculosis infections. ) ..
- Xiaoying Wang; Fiscal Year: 2014..We believe our proposal should be directly relevant for PA-07-233, "Multidisciplinary Translational Research in Critical Care" (R01). ..
- Concerted role for integrin alpha3beta1 and TGFb signaling in cancer progressionSita Subbaram; Fiscal Year: 2013..These studies will contribute towards the understanding of malignant progression and lead to the development of novel therapies against metastatic cancer. ..
- ANTISENSE INHIBITORS FOR TREATMENT OF MULTIPLE SCLEROSISDuane Ruffner; Fiscal Year: 2002..There exists no cure for MS. Gelatinase-B also known as matrix metalloproteinase 9 (MMP-9), has been implicated in the pathogenesis of MS...
- Mathematical Modeling of Matrix Metalloproteinase-9 Driven Left Ventricular RemodYufang Jin; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Regulation of Epithelial Cancer by MMP-9/gelatinase BLisa Coussens; Fiscal Year: 2006..Only a thorough understanding of the actions and effects of MMP-9 will effectively guide use of MMPIs in the treatment of cancer. ..
- GELATINASE B AND INFLAMMATORY BONE LOSSANNE WUCHERPFENNIG; Fiscal Year: 1999..enzyme in resorption, targeted disruption of the gelatinase B gene will be carried out to produce a mutant mouse (gelB-/-) (Aim 1). The skeletal structure of gelB-/- embryos will be examined in whole mount preparations...
- David H Wasserman; Fiscal Year: 2016..Results from these studies will lead to a greater understanding of the sites involved in the dysregulation of muscle glucose uptake associated with insulin resistance and will identify potential treatment strategies. ..
- INTEGRATED CONTROL OF MUSCLE GLUCOSE UPTAKE IN VIVODavid Wasserman; Fiscal Year: 2009..Results from these studies will lead to a greater understanding of the sites involved in the dysregulation of muscle glucose uptake associated with insulin resistance and will identify potential treatment strategies. ..
- Linda J Noble; Fiscal Year: 2016..Together, these studies provide an important foundation for understanding the unique vulnerability of the young brain to TBI and for developing the therapies that are specifically tailored to the brain-injured child. ..
- Sex Differences in Vascular Markers of Stroke RiskCheryl D Bushnell; Fiscal Year: 2012..This could naturally lead to development of a predictive panel of markers for future stroke risk. ..
- Chymase-Mediated MMP Activation in Ishemia Reperfusion InjuryLOUIS JOSEPH DELL'ITALIA; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Genetic Epidemiology of HAD Susceptibility GenesSunil Ahuja; Fiscal Year: 2009..110. We have submitted a request for addition of a new subtitle: "Genetic epidemiology of HIV-associated dementia". ..
- Comprehensive biomarker study to capitalize on existing GWAS in 10K South AsiansDanish Saleheen; Fiscal Year: 2010..We seek support for additional blood markers to PROMIS by assaying plasma biomarkers potentially relevant to atherogenesis, plaque rupture and/or thrombosis. ..
- Jefferey L Burgess; Fiscal Year: 2014..Information on the health effects of conversion to biodiesel fuels in occupational and environmental settings will also help to inform future policy decisions. ..
- Immune modulators of inflammation in servere COPDFarrah Kheradmand; Fiscal Year: 2010..In this application, we will study the role of a subset of cells in the immune system called T helper cells to determine if they could be responsible for the destruction of lung in subjects with COPD and emphysema. ..
- Inhibition of matrix proteases to sensitize medulloblastoma cells to radiationAndrei L Gartel; Fiscal Year: 2013..The present study explores the usefulness of gene therapy to inhibit protease expression in conjunction with radiation for killing of medulloblastoma cells with lower toxicity. ..
- PROPERTIES OF OLFACTORY RECEPTORS - NEURAL REGENERATIONRICHARD COSTANZO; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Pak H Chan; Fiscal Year: 2015....
- Jamary Oliveira-Filho; Fiscal Year: 2015..This work will also facilitate the development of novel anti-trypanosomal, anti- inflammatory, and antithrombotic strategies for stroke prevention and management in Brazil. ..
- STRAP and Smad 7 Signaling in Colorectal CarcinomasPran K Datta; Fiscal Year: 2013..A better understanding of these mechanisms will help to improve drug development and treatment of this lethal disease. ..
- J Marc Simard; Fiscal Year: 2016..Demonstrating these concepts will advance our understanding of the fundamental cellular biology of stroke, and is anticipated to bring forth pharmaceutical treatments that will extend the treatment window and safety of tPA. ..
- Paras Kumar Mishra; Fiscal Year: 2016..At translational level, the proposal will provide concrete evidence that over expression of miR-133 or ablation of MMP9 can ameliorate diabetic cardiomyopathy. ..
- Eng H Lo; Fiscal Year: 2015..Our studies will dissect the molecular mechanisms involved, and determine the time course of when this good-to-bad switch occurs. ..
- EMMANUEL ANTONIO CRUZ; Fiscal Year: 2014....
- Rajesh Agarwal; Fiscal Year: 2016..In addition, these comprehensive study efforts will identify effective broad spectrum mechanism-based agent/s that alone or in combination provide effective therapies against vesicating agents-induced ocular injuries in humans. ..
- Effect of Macrolide Treatment on a Novel Pathway of Neutrophilic Inflammation inJ Edwin Blalock; Fiscal Year: 2010..If successful, the current proposal will yield fundamental insights into the disease process and a new and specific biomarker for COPD as well as suggesting new therapeutic targets. (End of Abstract) ..
- Carol M Troy; Fiscal Year: 2016..Our preliminary data suggest that active caspase-9 regulates edema by decreasing the expression of matrix metalloproteinase 9 (MMP-9)...
- Regulation of Leukocyte Migration by PlasminogenJANE LEE HOOVER-PLOW; Fiscal Year: 2013..The objective of this proposal is to determine the mechanisms by which plasminogen regulates cell migration and, thereby, the inflammatory responses that contribute to thrombosis and CVD. ..
- Ahsan Husain; Fiscal Year: 2014..The proposed identification of the downstream targets of chymase should provide a foundation for the development of novel therapeutic agents directed toward patients with cardiovascular disease. ..
- Endothelial Progenitor Cells in Brain Arteriovenous MalformationsYongmei Chen; Fiscal Year: 2010..Identification of EPCs as an operant process in brain AVMs can suggest lines of investigation to develop new treatment modalities. ..
- Matrix Metalloproteases Regulate Mesenchymal Stem CellsZena Werb; Fiscal Year: 2006..These studies will have direct implications for the treatment of skeletal injuries resulting from disease or malformation, and for injuries that are refractory to conventional therapy. ..
- Mmp-9 gene polymorphismsPatent Number: WO9957315-A2; Date:1999-11-11