Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MK2
Description: mitogen-activated protein kinase-activated protein kinase 2
Alias: MAPKAP-K2, MK-2, MK2, MAP kinase-activated protein kinase 2, MAPK-activated protein kinase 2, MAPKAP kinase 2
Publications259 found, 100 shown here
- Mitogen- and stress-activated protein kinase-1 (MSK1) is directly activated by MAPK and SAPK2/p38, and may mediate activation of CREBM Deak
MRC Protein Phosphorylation Unit, Departments of Biochemistry, Anatomy and Physiology, University of Dundee, Scotland
EMBO J 17:4426-41. 1998..These findings, together with other observations, suggest that MSK1 may mediate the growth-factor and stress-induced activation of CREB...
- Phosphorylation and activation of human tyrosine hydroxylase in vitro by mitogen-activated protein (MAP) kinase and MAP-kinase-activated kinases 1 and 2C Sutherland
Department of Biochemistry, University of Dundee, Scotland
Eur J Biochem 217:715-22. 1993..The effect on activity of phosphorylating both Ser31 and Ser40 was not additive. The possible roles of MAPKAP kinase-1, MAPKAP kinase-2 and MAP kinase in the regulation of tyrosine hydroxylase in vivo are discussed...
- FGF and stress regulate CREB and ATF-1 via a pathway involving p38 MAP kinase and MAPKAP kinase-2Y Tan
Cell Signaling Laboratory, New England Biolabs, Beverly, MA 01915, USA
EMBO J 15:4629-42. 1996..These findings identify a new growth factor and stress-activated signaling pathway that regulates gene expression at the CRE...
- Arachidonic acid promotes phosphorylation of 5-lipoxygenase at Ser-271 by MAPK-activated protein kinase 2 (MK2)Oliver Werz
Department of Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics, Division of Physiological Chemistry II, Karolinska Institutet, S 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
J Biol Chem 277:14793-800. 2002..Here we show that mutation of Ser-271 to Ala in 5-LO abolished MK2 catalyzed phosphorylation and clearly reduced phosphorylation by kinases prepared from stimulated polymorphonuclear ..
- MK2 posttranscriptionally regulates TNF-α-induced expression of ICAM-1 and IL-8 via tristetraprolin in human pulmonary microvascular endothelial cellsJia Xin Shi
Department of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine, Jinling Hospital, Nanjing University School of Medicine, China
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 302:L793-9. 2012Tristetraprolin (TTP), a substrate of p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK)-activated protein kinase 2 (MK2), is an RNA-binding protein that binds to AU-rich elements (AREs) in the 3'-untranslated region (3'-UTR) of its target ..
- 5-lipoxygenase is phosphorylated by p38 kinase-dependent MAPKAP kinasesO Werz
Department of Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics, Division of Physiological Chemistry II Karolinska Institutet, S 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 97:5261-6. 2000..immunoreactivity, one of these was identified as mitogen-activated protein kinase-activated protein kinase 2 (MAPKAP kinase 2)...
- Human immunodeficiency virus type 1 Vpr induces cell cycle G2 arrest through Srk1/MK2-mediated phosphorylation of Cdc25Sylvain Huard
Department of Pathology, University of Maryland School of Medicine, 10 South Pine Street, MSTF700A, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
J Virol 82:2904-17. 2008..Consistent with our findings in fission yeast, depletion of the MK2 gene, a human homologue of Srk1, either by small interfering RNA or an MK2 inhibitor suppresses Vpr-induced cell ..
- Identification of MAPKAP kinase 2 as a major enzyme responsible for the phosphorylation of the small mammalian heat shock proteinsD Stokoe
Department of Biochemistry, University of Dundee, Scotland, UK
FEBS Lett 313:307-13. 1992..These results suggest that MAPKAP kinase-2 is the enzyme responsible for the phosphorylation of these small heat shock proteins in mammalian cells...
- Leptomycin B-sensitive nuclear export of MAPKAP kinase 2 is regulated by phosphorylationK Engel
Max Delbruck Center for Molecular Medicine, Berlin, Germany
EMBO J 17:3363-71. 1998To study the intracellular localization of MAPKAP kinase 2 (MK2), which carries a putative bipartite nuclear localization signal (NLS), we constructed a green fluorescent protein-MAPKAP kinase 2 fusion protein (GFP-MK2)...
- MAPKAP kinase 2 is essential for LPS-induced TNF-alpha biosynthesisA Kotlyarov
Martin Luther University Halle Wittenberg, Germany
Nat Cell Biol 1:94-7. 1999b>MAPKAP kinase 2 (MK2) is one of several kinases that are regulated through direct phosphorylation by p38 MAP kinase. By introducing a targeted mutation into the mouse MK2 gene, we have determined the physiological function of MK2 in vivo...
- The p38 pathway provides negative feedback for Ras proliferative signalingG Chen
Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Department of Molecular Biology, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
J Biol Chem 275:38973-80. 2000..Oncogenic Ras activated p38 and two p38-activated protein kinases, MAPK-activated protein kinase 2 (MK2) and p38-related/activated protein kinase (PRAK)...
- MAPKAPK2 and HSP27 are downstream effectors of p38 MAP kinase-mediated matrix metalloproteinase type 2 activation and cell invasion in human prostate cancerL Xu
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology Oncology, Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, IL, USA
Oncogene 25:2987-98. 2006..This study demonstrates that both MAPKAPK2 and HSP27 are necessary for TGFbeta-mediated increases in MMP-2 and cell invasion in human prostate cancer...
- Molecular basis of MAPK-activated protein kinase 2:p38 assemblyAndre White
Department of Medicinal Chemistry, Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc, Ridgefield, CT 06877, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:6353-8. 2007p38 MAPK and MAPK-activated protein kinase 2 (MK2) are key components of signaling pathways leading to many cellular responses, notably the proinflammatory cytokine production...
- Interleukin-1 activates a novel protein kinase cascade that results in the phosphorylation of Hsp27N W Freshney
Department of Development and Signalling, Babraham Institute, Cambridge, England
Cell 78:1039-49. 1994..The substrate specificity of p40 differed from that of p42 and p54 MAP kinases. The upstream activator was not a MAP kinase kinase. p50 resembled MAPKAPK-2 and may be identical...
- Affinity purification of ARE-binding proteins identifies polyA-binding protein 1 as a potential substrate in MK2-induced mRNA stabilizationFrank Bollig
Institute of Pharmacology, Medical School Hannover, Germany
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 301:665-70. 2003..response to external signals which activate the p38 MAP kinase cascade including the p38 MAP kinase substrate MAPKAP kinase 2 (MK2)...
- MAPKAP kinase 2 overexpression influences prognosis in gastrointestinal stromal tumors and associates with copy number variations on chromosome 1 and expression of p38 MAP kinase and ETV1Peter Birner
Departments of Surgery and Obstetrics and Gynecology, Clinical Institute of Pathology, Institute of Neurology, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Clin Cancer Res 18:1879-87. 2012..ETV1 has been proposed to be activated by KIT mutations in gastrointestinal stromal tumors (GIST). The aim of the study was to evaluate the clinical role of ETV1 and associated proteins in GIST...
- The abnormal occurrence and the differentiation-dependent distribution of N-acetyl and N-glycolyl species of the ganglioside GM2 in human germ cell tumors. A study with specific monoclonal antibodiesM Miyake
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Clinical Science, School of Medicine, Kyoto University, Japan
Cancer 65:499-505. 1990..can distinguish the molecular species of the sialic acid moiety: the antibody MK1-16 is specific for N-acetyl GM2, MK2-34 is specific for N-glycolyl GM2, and MK1-17 detects both N-acetyl and N-glycolyl GM2...
- MAPKAPK-2 modulates p38-MAPK localization and small heat shock protein phosphorylation but does not mediate the injury associated with p38-MAPK activation during myocardial ischemiaDiana A Gorog
Cardiovascular Division, Department of Cardiology, King s College London School of Medicine, The Rayne Institute, St Thomas s Hospital, London SE1 7EH, UK
Cell Stress Chaperones 14:477-89. 2009MAPKAPK-2 (MK2) is a protein kinase activated downstream of p38-MAPK which phosphorylates the small heat shock proteins HSP27 and alphaB crystallin and modulates p38-MAPK cellular distribution...
- Dynasore, a dynamin inhibitor, inhibits Trypanosoma cruzi entry into peritoneal macrophagesEmile S Barrias
Laboratorio de Ultraestrutura Celular Hertha Meyer, Instituto de Biofisica Carlos Chagas Filho, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, CCS Bloco G, Ilha do Fundao, Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
PLoS ONE 5:e7764. 2010..Among these, the GTPase dynamin plays an important role in clathrin-mediated endocytosis, and it was recently found that dynamin can participate in a phagocytic process...
- Bovine parainfluenza virus type 3 (BPIV3) fusion and hemagglutinin-neuraminidase glycoproteins make an important contribution to the restricted replication of BPIV3 in primatesA C Schmidt
Laboratory of Infectious Disease, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Virol 74:8922-9. 2000..The chimeric viruses were readily recovered and replicated in simian LLC-MK2 cells to a level comparable to that of their parental viruses, suggesting that the heterologous glycoproteins were ..
- Determinants that control the distinct subcellular localization of p38alpha-PRAK and p38beta-PRAK complexesQinxi Li
The Key Laboratory of the Ministry of Education for Cell Biology and Tumor Cell Engineering, School of Life Sciences, Xiamen University, Xiamen, Fujian 361005, China
J Biol Chem 283:11014-23. 2008..The subcellular localization of MK2 (MAPK-activated protein kinase 2), another downstream kinase of p38, was regulated in the same manner as that of ..
- Distinct cellular functions of MK2Alexey Kotlyarov
Institute of Biochemistry, Medical School Hannover, Hannover 30625, Germany
Mol Cell Biol 22:4827-35. 2002Mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK)-activated protein kinase 2 (MK2) is activated upon stress by p38 MAPK alpha and -beta, which bind to a basic docking motif in the C terminus of MK2 and which subsequently phosphorylate its ..
- Cloning of regions required for contact hemolysis and entry into LLC-MK2 cells from Shigella sonnei form I plasmid: virF is a positive regulator gene for these phenotypesJ Kato
Department of Bacteriology, National Institute of Health, Tokyo, Japan
Infect Immun 57:1391-8. 1989Two distinct regions required for both contact hemolysis and entry into LLC-MK2 cells were cloned into Escherichia coli from the Shigella sonnei form I plasmid, pSS120. The first region was cloned into an E...
- Differential regulation of TNFalpha and GM-CSF induced activation of P38 MAPK in neutrophils and eosinophilsWillem ten Hove
Department of Pulmonary Diseases, University Medical Center Utrecht UMCU, Heidelberglaan 100, 3584 CX Utrecht, The Netherlands
Mol Immunol 44:2492-6. 2007..In this study P38 MAPK phosphorylation and activation (measured via phosphorylation of P38 MAPK downstream target MK2) were investigated upon engagement of the GM-CSF- and TNFalpha-receptors expressed on both eosinophils and ..
- Recovery of a fully viable chimeric human parainfluenza virus (PIV) type 3 in which the hemagglutinin-neuraminidase and fusion glycoproteins have been replaced by those of PIV type 1T Tao
Laboratory of Infectious Disease, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 0720, USA
J Virol 72:2955-61. 1998..replacement chimeras of vesicular somatitis virus or measles virus, the PIV3-1 chimera replicates in LLC-MK2 cells and in the respiratory tract of hamsters as efficiently as its PIV1 and PIV3 parents...
- Stimulation of the p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase pathway in neonatal rat ventricular myocytes by the G protein-coupled receptor agonists, endothelin-1 and phenylephrine: a role in cardiac myocyte hypertrophy?A Clerk
Division of Biomedical Sciences, Imperial College School of Medicine, Charing Cross Campus, London W6 8RF, United Kingdom
J Cell Biol 142:523-35. 1998..These data are not consistent with a role for the p38-MAPK pathway in the immediate induction of the morphological changes of hypertrophy but suggest that it may be necessary over a longer period to maintain the response...
- Effects of sodium ferulate on amyloid-beta-induced MKK3/MKK6-p38 MAPK-Hsp27 signal pathway and apoptosis in rat hippocampusYing Jin
Department of Pharmacology, Jinzhou Medical College, Jinzhou 121001, China
Acta Pharmacol Sin 27:1309-16. 2006..To observe the effects of sodium ferulate (SF) on amyloid beta (Abeta)1-40-induced p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) signal transduction pathway and the neuroprotective effects of SF...
- Evaluation of different continuous cell lines in the isolation of mumps virus by the shell vial method from clinical samplesJ Reina
Virology Unit, Clinical Microbiology Service, University Hospital Son Dureta UIB, Andrea Doria 55, 07014 Palma de Mallorca, Spain
J Clin Pathol 54:924-6. 2001To compare prospectively the efficacy of the Vero, LLC-MK2, MDCK, Hep-2, and MRC-5 cell lines in the isolation of the mumps virus from clinical samples by means of the shell vial method.
- GluR6-containing KA receptor mediates the activation of p38 MAP kinase in rat hippocampal CA1 region during brain ischemia injuryJuan Chen
Research Center for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Jiangsu Key Laboratory of Brain Disease Bioinformation, Xuzhou Medical College, Xuzhou, Jiangsu, People s Republic of China
Hippocampus 19:79-89. 2009....
- The role of cellular senescence in Werner syndrome: toward therapeutic intervention in human premature agingTerence Davis
Department of Pathology, School of Medicine, Cardiff University, Heath Park, Cardiff CF14 4XN, UK
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1100:455-69. 2007..binding properties, specificities, and oral bioavailability, and of new potent and selective inhibitors of JNK and MK2, will make it possible to dissect the roles of various kinase pathways in the accelerated senescence of WS cells...
- Mitogen-activated protein kinase-activated protein kinase 2 in angiotensin II-induced inflammation and hypertension: regulation of oxidative stressTalin Ebrahimian
Lady Davis Institute for Medical Research, Sir Mortimer B Davis Jewish General Hospital, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Hypertension 57:245-54. 2011..We questioned whether mitogen-activated protein kinase-activated protein kinase 2 (MK2), a downstream target of p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase, is involved in angiotensin II-induced vascular ..
- Vascular endothelial growth factor induces heat shock protein (HSP) 27 serine 82 phosphorylation and endothelial tubulogenesis via protein kinase D and independent of p38 kinaseIan M Evans
Centre for Cardiovascular Biology and Medicine, Department of Medicine, The Rayne Institute, University College London, 5 University Street, London WC1E 6JJ, United Kingdom
Cell Signal 20:1375-84. 2008....
- Do camels (Camelus dromedarius) play an epidemiological role in the spread of Shiga Toxin producing Escherichia coli (STEC) infection?A El-Sayed
Department of Internal Medicine and Infectious Diseases, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Cairo University, Giza, Egypt
Trop Anim Health Prod 40:469-73. 2008..same time, a Stx-specific PCR screening was performed for the isolates using the shiga toxin specific primers Mk1-Mk2. Vero cells were also used for shiga toxin neutralization assay...
- Antiviral and cytotoxicity evaluation of 3-nitro-3-deazauridineL B Allen
Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine, Fort Worth 76107
Antiviral Res 12:259-67. 1989..comparable toxicity to ribavirin in KB cells, was 4-fold less toxic in WISH cells and 4-fold more toxic in LLC-MK2 cells. Overall, 3N-3DU is markedly less toxic than its parent nucleoside, 3DU...
- Repression of enhancer activity by the adenovirus E1A tumor protein(s) is mediated through a novel HeLa cell nuclear factorA E Reifel-Miller
Department of Molecular Genetics, Lilly Research Laboratories, Lilly Corporate Center, Indianapolis, Indiana 46285
J Biol Chem 266:13873-82. 1991..from the adenovirus major late promoter in the human kidney cell line, 293, and in a monkey kidney cell line, MK2. In addition, enhancer activity can be stimulated by the E1A gene products in these cells...
- Ischemic preconditioning involves dual cardio-protective axes with p38MAPK as upstream targetNorbert Nagy
FAHA Cardiovascular Research Center, University of Connecticut School of Medicine Farmington, Cardiovascular Research Institute, CT 06030 1110, USA
J Mol Cell Cardiol 42:981-90. 2007..indicates a crucial role of p38 MAP (mitogen-activated protein) kinase (p38MAPK) and its downstream target MAPKAP kinase 2 (MK2) in ischemic preconditioning (IPC)...
- Does the hemoglobin concentration in fetal blood interfere with the accuracy of fetal reflection pulse oximetry?G M Arikan
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Graz, Austria
Fetal Diagn Ther 13:236-40. 1998..Our goal was to investigate the influence of the fetal hemoglobin (Hb) concentration on the accuracy of reflection pulse oximetry...
- Antibodies to the vitronectin receptor (integrin alpha V beta 3) inhibit binding and infection of foot-and-mouth disease virus to cultured cellsA Berinstein
Plum Island Animal Disease Center, Agricultural Research Service, U S Department of Agriculture, Greenport, New York 11944
J Virol 69:2664-6. 1995..Competition binding experiments between type A12 FMDV and coxsackievirus A9 using BHK-21 and LLC-MK2 cells revealed shared receptor specificity between these two viruses...
- Identification of the human melanoma-associated chondroitin sulfate proteoglycan antigen epitope recognized by the antitumor monoclonal antibody 763.74 from a peptide phage libraryM Geiser
Novartis Pharma AG, Core Technology Area, Basel, Switzerland
Cancer Res 59:905-10. 1999..74 by an anti-idiotypic MK2-23 mouse:human chimeric mAb and by A375 melanoma cells expressing the antigen MCSP...
- Heat shock protein 1 and the mitogen-activated protein kinase 14 pathway are important for mouse trophoblast stem cell differentiationQuinton A Winger
Animal, Dairy, and Veterinary Sciences, Utah State University, Logan, Utah 84322 5600, USA
Biol Reprod 76:884-91. 2007..These results suggest that HSPB1 and the MAPK14 pathway are important during TS cell differentiation...
- Protein phosphatase 2A carboxymethylation and regulatory B subunits differentially regulate mast cell degranulationGregory Kranias
School of Biomedical Sciences, Faculty of Health, University of Newcastle, Callaghan, NSW 2308, Australia
Cell Signal 22:1882-90. 2010..Moreover downregulation of the PP2A-Bα subunit resulted in decreased MK2 phosphorylation and degranulation, whilst downregulation of the PP2A-B'δ subunit enhanced p38 MAPK phosphorylation ..
- Characterization of a rhesus monkey calicivirus representing a new genus of CaliciviridaeTibor Farkas
Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
J Virol 82:5408-16. 2008..The TV can be cultured in a monkey kidney cell line (LLC-MK2) with the appearance of typical cytopathic effect...
- [A comparative study of direct immunofluorescence, enzyme immunoassay, and culture for diagnosing metapneumovirus infection]Ignacio Calicó
Unidad de Virologia, Servicio de Microbiologia, Hospital Universitario Vall d Hebron, Barcelona, Espana
Enferm Infecc Microbiol Clin 27:322-5. 2009..This study compares a direct fluorescent antibody (DFA) test, enzyme immunoassay (EIA), and shell-vial culture for diagnosing acute bronchiolitis in infants...
- Lithium stabilizes the CCAAT/enhancer-binding protein alpha (C/EBPalpha) through a glycogen synthase kinase 3 (GSK3)-independent pathway involving direct inhibition of proteasomal activityMinsub Shim
Cell Signaling and Cancer Group, Department of Environmental and Molecular Toxicology, North Carolina State University, Raleigh 27695 7633, USA
J Biol Chem 278:19674-81. 2003..In cycloheximide-treated BALB/MK2 keratinocytes we found that C/EBPalpha is a short-lived protein with a half-life of approximately 1 h...
- In vitro mechanisms of monoclonal antibody neutralization of alphavirusesJ T Roehrig
Division of Vector Borne Viral Diseases, Centers for Disease Control, Fort Collins, Colorado 80522
Virology 165:66-73. 1988..novel MAb that defined the E2f epitope appeared to enhance virus attachment to Vero cells, but not BHK-21 or LLC-MK2 cells, by stabilizing virus-cell interaction. This antibody did, however, efficiently neutralize virus infectivity...
- Effect of Ca2+ on morphogenesis of HVJ (Sendai virus) virion in LLC-MK2 cells: suppression of viral productionM Kamata
Institute of Molecular and Cellular Biology for Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kyoto Pharmaceutical University, Japan
Cell Struct Funct 19:315-23. 1994Production of HVJ (Sendai virus) virion is suppressed in the infected LLC-MK2 cells in the low Ca2+ condition. To clarify this phenomenon, the effect of Ca2+ on HVJ morphogenesis was examined under normal and low Ca2+ conditions...
- Airway recruitment of leukocytes in mice is dependent on alpha4-integrins and vascular cell adhesion molecule-1J E Chin
Cell Biology and Inflammation Research and Drug Development Toxicology, Pharmacia and Upjohn, Kalamazoo, Michigan 49001, USA
Am J Physiol 272:L219-29. 1997..7 (MK2), specific for VCAM-1. VCAM-1 was upregulated on endothelial cells in lung tissue after OA inhalation...
- Sensitized mast cells migrate toward the antigen: a response regulated by p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase and Rho-associated coiled-coil-forming protein kinaseT Ishizuka
First Department of Internal Medicine, Gunma University School of Medicine, Faculty of Health Sciences, Institute for Molecular and Cellular Regulation, Gunma University, Maebashi, Japan
J Immunol 167:2298-304. 2001..Both p38 MAPK activation and Rho-dependent activation of Rho-associated coiled-coil-forming protein kinase may be required for Fc(epsilon)RI-mediated cell migration...
- Proteolytic processing and deubiquitinating activity of papain-like proteases of human coronavirus NL63Zhongbin Chen
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Loyola University Medical Center, 2160 South First Avenue, Bldg 105, Rm 3929, Maywood, IL 60153, USA
J Virol 81:6007-18. 2007..replicase nonstructural proteins (nsp3 and nsp4) and detected replicase proteins from HCoV-NL63-infected LLC-MK2 cells by immunofluorescence, immunoprecipitation, and Western blot assays...
- The G2 p38-mediated stress-activated checkpoint pathway becomes attenuated in transformed cellsAlexei Mikhailov
Laboratory of Cell Regulation, Division of Molecular Medicine, New York State Department of Health, Wadsworth Center, P O Box 509, Albany, New York 12201 0509, USA
Curr Biol 17:2162-8. 2007..Because the primary substrate of p38, the MK2 kinase, is also transiently (1-2 hr) activated by anisomycin in both normal and cancer cells, checkpoint disruption ..
- PI3K accelerates, but is not required for, neutrophil chemotaxis to fMLPBryan Heit
Immunology Research Group, Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, T2N 4N1, Canada
J Cell Sci 121:205-14. 2008..By contrast, p38-MAPK-inhibited cells, or cells lacking MK2, were unable to polarize in response to fMLP...
- The tuberous sclerosis gene products hamartin and tuberin are multifunctional proteins with a wide spectrum of interacting partnersMargit Rosner
Medical Genetics, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Medical University of Vienna, Wahringer Gurtel 18 20, Vienna, Austria
Mutat Res 658:234-46. 2008..AMPK, CaM, CRB3/PATJ, cyclin A, cyclins D1, D2, D3, Dsh, ERalpha, Erk, FoxO1, HERC1, HPV16 E6, HSCP-70, HSP70-1, MK2, NEK1, p27KIP1, Pam, PC1, PP2Ac, Rabaptin-5, Rheb, RxRalpha/VDR and SMAD2/3...
- Effect of Crotalus viridis viridis snake venom on the ultrastructure and intracellular survival of Trypanosoma cruziCamila M Adade
Laboratório de Biologia Celular e Ultraestrutura, Departamento de Microbiologia Geral, Instituto de Microbiologia Prof Paulo de Goes, Centro de Ciencias da Saude, Bloco I, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Ilha do Fundao, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Parasitology 138:46-58. 2011..The effects of the venom on the parasite intracellular cycle were also analysed. Pre-infected LLC-MK2 cells incubated with Cvv venom showed a 76-93% reduction in the number of parasites per infected cell and a 94-97...
- A single amino acid mutation at position 170 of human parainfluenza virus type 1 fusion glycoprotein induces obvious syncytium formation and caspase-3-dependent cell deathMasahiro Takaguchi
Department of Biochemistry, University of Shizuoka, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Shizuoka, Japan
J Biochem 149:191-202. 2011..acid (TCM-Neu5Ac2en), exhibited remarkable syncytium formation and virus-induced cell death in LLC-MK2 cells but no difference in susceptibility for the sialidase inhibitor TCM-Neu5Ac2en from that of wild-type hPIV1 ..
- A retinoic acid-responsive gene, MK, found in the teratocarcinoma system. Heterogeneity of the transcript and the nature of the translation productM Tomomura
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, Kagoshima University, Japan
J Biol Chem 265:10765-70. 1990..So far three classes of cDNA clones (MK1, MK2, and MK3) have been identified; they were different in the 5'-untranslated region but shared the rest of the ..
- Development of tissue-targeting hemagglutinating virus of Japan envelope vector for successful delivery of therapeutic gene to mouse skinMasako Kawachi
Division of Gene Therapy Science, Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka University, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Hum Gene Ther 18:881-94. 2007..of F protein, was transported to the cell surface and incorporated into new viruses released from HVJ-infected LLC-MK2 cells...
- In vitro and experimental therapeutic studies of the calcium channel blocker bepridil: detection of viable Leishmania (L.) chagasi by real-time PCRJuliana Q Reimão
Laboratory of Applied Toxinology on Anti Parasitic Drugs, Department of Parasitology, Instituto Adolfo Lutz Avenida Dr Arnaldo, 351, 8 andar Cerqueira César, CEP 01246 902 São Paulo, SP, Brazil
Exp Parasitol 128:111-5. 2011..The mammalian cytotoxicity using LLC-MK2 cells resulted in an IC(50) value of 62.67 μM...
- p38 MAP kinase and MAPKAP kinases MK2/3 cooperatively phosphorylate epithelial keratinsManoj B Menon
Institute of Biochemistry, Medical School Hannover, Hannover 30625, Germany
J Biol Chem 285:33242-51. 2010The MAPK-activated protein kinases (MAPKAP kinases) MK2 and MK3 are directly activated via p38 MAPK phosphorylation, stabilize p38 by complex formation, and contribute to the stress response...
- Expression of fluorescent genes in Trypanosoma cruzi and Trypanosoma rangeli (Kinetoplastida: Trypanosomatidae): its application to parasite-vector biologyPalmira Guevara
Instituto de Biologia Experimental, Universidad Central de Venezuela, Caracas 1041A, Venezuela
J Med Entomol 42:48-56. 2005..In addition, infection of kidney monkey cells (LLC-MK2) with GFP-T...
- RIG-I-mediated activation of p38 MAPK is essential for viral induction of interferon and activation of dendritic cells: dependence on TRAF2 and TAK1Susie S Mikkelsen
Institute of Medical Microbiology and Immunology, The Bartholin Building, University of Aarhus, DK 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
J Biol Chem 284:10774-82. 2009..p38 MAPK exerted its function independent of the MAPK-activated protein kinases MK2, MNK, and MSK1/2. We also observed that TRAF2 and TAK1 were essential for RIG-I-mediated activation of p38 MAPK...
- Fuzzy logic analysis of kinase pathway crosstalk in TNF/EGF/insulin-induced signalingBree B Aldridge
Center for Cell Decision Processes, Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS Comput Biol 5:e1000340. 2009..We uncover a relationship between MK2 and ERK pathways that might account for the previously identified pro-survival influence of MK2...
- The role of mitogen-activated protein kinase-activated protein kinase 2 in the p38/TNF-alpha pathway of systemic and cutaneous inflammationArndt J Schottelius
Bayer Schering Pharma AG, Berlin, Germany
J Invest Dermatol 130:481-91. 2010Mitogen-activated protein kinase-activated protein kinase 2 (MK2) is a downstream molecule of p38, involved in the production of TNF-alpha, a key cytokine, and an established drug target for many inflammatory diseases...
- Differences in biofilm formation and aggregative adherence between beta-lactam susceptible and beta-lactamases producing P. mirabilis clinical isolatesElisabetta Nucleo
Department of Morphological, Eidological and Clinical Sciences, Section of Microbiology, University of Pavia, Pavia, Italy
New Microbiol 33:37-45. 2010..The same isolates were screened for aggregative adherence onto monkey kidney cells (LLC-MK2). All strains studied were capable of biofilm formation, though at different levels...
- Identification of a new human coronavirusLia van der Hoek
Department of Human Retrovirology, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Meibergdreef 15, 1105 AZ, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Nat Med 10:368-73. 2004..cell range of HCoV-NL63 is notable because it replicates on tertiary monkey kidney cells and the monkey kidney LLC-MK2 cell line...
- Phosphorylation of lysophosphatidylcholine acyltransferase 2 at Ser34 enhances platelet-activating factor production in endotoxin-stimulated macrophagesRyo Morimoto
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Hongo 7 3 1, Tokyo 113 0033, Japan
J Biol Chem 285:29857-62. 2010..LPCAT2 phosphorylation through LPS-TLR4 signaling may directly depend on MAPK-activated protein kinase 2 (MAPKAP kinase 2 or MK2)...
- A novel role for MAPKAPK2 in morphogenesis during zebrafish developmentBeth A Holloway
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America
PLoS Genet 5:e1000413. 2009..We postulate that a p38 MAPKAPK2 kinase cascade modulates the activity of F-actin at the yolk cell margin circumference allowing the gradual closure of the blastopore as epiboly progresses...
- Regulation of HSP60 and the role of MK2 in a new model of severe experimental pancreatitisYong Yu Li
Department of Pathophysiology, School of Medicine, Tongji University, Shanghai, China
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 297:G981-9. 2009The objective of this study was to investigate the role of MAPKAP kinase 2 (MK2) and heat shock protein (HSP) HSP60 in the pathogenesis of a new model of severe acute pancreatitis (AP)...
- Purification of cytochrome P-450 from polychlorinated biphenyl-treated crab-eating monkeys: high homology to a form of human cytochrome P-450K Ohta
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Hokkaido University, Sapporo, Japan
Biochim Biophys Acta 996:142-5. 1989Cytochrome P-450, designated as P-450-MK2, was purified to an electrophoretic homogeneity from polychlorinated biphenyl (PCB)-treated female crab-eating monkeys...
- Stimulation of "stress-regulated" mitogen-activated protein kinases (stress-activated protein kinases/c-Jun N-terminal kinases and p38-mitogen-activated protein kinases) in perfused rat hearts by oxidative and other stressesA Clerk
National Heart and Lung Institute Division, Imperial College School of Medicine, Royal Brompton Campus, London SW3 6LY, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 273:7228-34. 1998..These data are consistent with a role for reactive oxygen species in the activation of SR-MAPKs during ischemia/reperfusion...
- Creation of a stress-activated p90 ribosomal S6 kinase. The carboxyl-terminal tail of the MAPK-activated protein kinases dictates the signal transduction pathway in which they functionJ A Smith
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and the Markey Center for Cell Signaling, Departments of Medicine and Pharmacology, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
J Biol Chem 275:31588-93. 2000..It is apparent that mechanisms controlling events downstream of the proline-directed MAPKs involve specific MAPK docking sites within the carboxyl termini of the MAPKAPKs that determine the cascade in which the MAPKAPK functions...
- Human metapneumovirus detection in patients with severe acute respiratory syndromePaul K S Chan
Faculty of Medicine of the Chinese University of Hong Kong, Prince of Wales Hospital, Shatin, New Territories, Hong Kong SAR, China
Emerg Infect Dis 9:1058-63. 2003..approach, we found that human laryngeal carcinoma (HEp-2) cells were superior to rhesus monkey kidney (LLC-MK2) cells commonly used in previous studies for isolation of HMPV...
- Identification of 4-anilino-3-quinolinecarbonitrile inhibitors of mitogen-activated protein/extracellular signal-regulated kinase 1 kinaseRobert Mallon
Oncology Research, Wyeth Research, 401 N Middletown Road, Pearl River, NY 10965, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 3:755-62. 2004..had minimal or no effect on Raf, epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR), Akt, cyclin-dependent kinase 4 (CDK4), or MK2 kinases at concentrations >100-fold higher than those that inhibited MEK1 kinase...
- Involvement of p38 signaling pathway in interferon-alpha-mediated antiviral activity toward hepatitis C virusHisashi Ishida
Department of Molecular Therapeutics, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, 2 2, Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 321:722-7. 2004..Treatment with the inhibitor of the mitogen-activated protein kinase-activated protein kinase 2 (MK2) showed the same level of reduction in the IFN-alpha-mediated anti-HCV activity as that with the p38 inhibitor...
- MAPKAP kinase-2 is a primary response gene induced by depolarization in PC12 cells and in brainLinda J Vician
Department of Biological Chemistry, UCLA Center for the Health Sciences, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1570, USA
J Neurosci Res 78:315-28. 2004..MAPKAPK2 message is also induced in the dentate gyrus, CA1, and CA3 of the rat hippocampus between 2-4 hr after the onset of kainic acid-induced seizures...
- Detection of antibodies against human metapneumovirus by Western blot using recombinant nucleocapsid and matrix proteinsNobuhisa Ishiguro
Department of Pediatrics, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
J Med Virol 78:1091-5. 2006..The results were compared with those of immunofluorescence assays (IFAs) based on hMPV-infected LLC-MK2 cells, which expressed the whole hMPV proteins. Thirty (61.2%) and 31 (63...
- Desferrioxamine (DFX) induces apoptosis through the p38-caspase8-Bid-Bax pathway in PHA-stimulated human lymphocytesByeong Mo Kim
School of Public Health, Seoul National University, 28 Yunkeun dong, Seoul 110 460, Korea
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 228:24-31. 2008..Our results suggest that DFX-induced apoptosis is mediated by the p38 pathway and a caspase-8-dependent Bid-Bax pathway in human lymphocytes...
- HIV/gp120 decreases adult neural progenitor cell proliferation via checkpoint kinase-mediated cell-cycle withdrawal and G1 arrestShu ichi Okamoto
Center for Neuroscience, Stem Cells, and Aging, Burnham Institute for Medical Research, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Cell Stem Cell 1:230-6. 2007..Our findings define a molecular mechanism that compromises adult neurogenesis in this neurodegenerative disorder...
- Post-transcriptional regulation of TNF-induced expression of ICAM-1 and IL-8 in human lung microvascular endothelial cells: an obligatory role for the p38 MAPK-MK2 pathway dissociated with HSP27Xin Su
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Jinling Hospital, Nanjing University School of Medicine, Nanjing 210002, China
Biochim Biophys Acta 1783:1623-31. 2008..Studies have shown that p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK), MAPK-activated protein kinase 2 (MK2) and heat shock protein 27 (HSP27) are involved in the expression of pro-inflammatory mediators in other cell types...
- Host-cell-dependent role of actin cytoskeleton during the replication of a human strain of influenza A virusM C Arcangeletti
Microbiology Section, Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Parma, Viale Antonio Gramsci 14, 43100 Parma, Italy
Arch Virol 153:1209-21. 2008..in the modulation of host permissiveness to A/NWS/33 human influenza virus infection in two mammalian (MDCK and LLC-MK2) cell lines in vitro...
- [Apoptosis of neuroglial cell and expressions of neurite outgrowth inhibitor B and MAP kinase-activated protein kinase 2 in white matter damage model of newborn rat brain]Qian Yang
Department of Pediatrics, West China Second Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610041, China
Sichuan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban 39:202-6. 2008To observe and explore the apoptosis of neuroglial cell and the expression changes of neurite outgrowth inhibitor B (Nogo-B) and MAP kinase-activated protein kinase 2 (MK2) in SD rats with white matter damage (WMD).
- Cytokine-induced signaling networks prioritize dynamic range over signal strengthKevin A Janes
Koch Institute for Integrative Cancer Research, Center for Cell Decision Processes, Department of Biology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Cell 135:343-54. 2008..to analyze the mechanism of these failures, identifying new time- and stimulus-specific roles for Akt, ERK, and MK2 kinase activity in apoptosis, which were experimentally verified...
- Role of MAPK kinase 6 in arthritis: distinct mechanism of action in inflammation and cytokine expressionToshio Yoshizawa
Division of Rheumatology, Allergy and Immunology, University of California San Diego, School of Medicine, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
J Immunol 183:1360-7. 2009..confocal microscopy experiments were performed to determine the subcellular location of MKK6, P-p38, and MAPKAPK2 (MK2). Arthritis scores were significantly lower in MKK6(-/-) mice compared with WT mice...
- Human coronavirus NL63 open reading frame 3 encodes a virion-incorporated N-glycosylated membrane proteinMarcel A Muller
University of Bonn Medical Centre, Bonn, Germany
Virol J 7:6. 2010..Our study focuses on hCoV-NL63 open reading frame 3 (ORF 3) which is a highly conserved accessory protein among coronaviruses...
- Mechanisms regulating the nuclear translocation of p38 MAP kinaseXiaowei Gong
Department of Pathophysiology, Key Laboratory of Proteomics of Gongdong Province, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou 510515, China
J Cell Biochem 110:1420-9. 2010..On the other hand, the nuclear export of p38 requires its dephosphorylation, and it is exported both in a MK2-dependent and a nuclear export signal (NES)-independent manner...
- p38α MAPK is a MTOC-associated protein regulating spindle assembly, spindle length and accurate chromosome segregation during mouse oocyte meiotic maturationXiang Hong Ou
Center of Reproductive Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Nanfang Hospital, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou, China
Cell Cycle 9:4130-43. 2010..by specific morpholino injection resulted in severely defective spindles and misaligned chromosomes probably via MK2 dephosphorylation...
- Protection of rat pancreatic islet function and viability by coculture with rat bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cellsE Karaoz
Stem Cell and Gene Therapy Research and Application Center, Kocaeli University, Kocaeli, Turkey
Cell Death Dis 1:e36. 2010....
- A comprehensive siRNA screen for kinases that suppress macroautophagy in optimal growth conditionsPiotr Szyniarowski
Apoptosis Department and Centre for Genotoxic Stress Research, Institute of Cancer Biology, Danish Cancer Society, Copenhagen, Denmark
Autophagy 7:892-903. 2011..The depletion of MK2, PACSIN1, DAPK2, CDKL3 and SCYL1 functioned upstream of Akt-mTORC1 pathway, whereas CSNK1A1, BUB1, PKLR and NEK4 ..
- Successful propagation of Alkhumra (misnamed as Alkhurma) virus in C6/36 mosquito cellsTariq A Madani
Department of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, King Abdulaziz University, PO Box 80215, Jeddah 21589, Saudi Arabia
Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg 106:180-5. 2012..The isolated virus was titrated in the mammalian rhesus monkey kidney cells (LLC-MK2)...
- A new type of pterocarpanquinone that affects Toxoplasma gondii tachyzoites in vitroJuliana de Araújo Portes
Laboratório de Tecnologia em Cultura de Células, Centro Universitário Estadual da Zona Oeste UEZO Av Manuel Caldeira de Alvarenga, 1203, Campo Grande, Rio de Janeiro, RJ, CEP 23070 200, Brazil
Vet Parasitol 186:261-9. 2012..The aim of this work was to determine if this derivative is able to change T. gondii growth within LLC-MK2 cells. The drug did not arrest host cell growth, but was able to decrease the infection index of T...
- Regulation of CCL5 expression in smooth muscle cells following arterial injuryHuan Liu
Department of Pharmacology, Hebei Medical University, Shijiazhuang, China
PLoS ONE 7:e30873. 2012..The downstream molecule MK2 was required for p38-mediated CCL5 but not IP-10 inhibition...
- MAPK usage in periodontal disease progressionQiyan Li
Department of Endodontics, Periodontics and Oral Medicine, the First People s Hospital of Yunnan Province, Kunming, Yunnan 650032, China
J Signal Transduct 2012:308943. 2012..In this paper, we discuss evidence that the p38/MAPK-activated protein kinase-2 (MK2) signaling axis is needed for periodontal disease progression: an orally administered p38α inhibitor reduced the ..
- Comparison of frequency difference reconstruction algorithms for the detection of acute stroke using EIT in a realistic head-shaped tankB Packham
Department of Medical Physics and Bioengineering, UCL, London, UK
Physiol Meas 33:767-86. 2012..background and a carrot-saline frequency-dependant background conductivity, in a head-shaped tank with the UCLH Mk2.5 MFEIT system...
- Understanding the molecular basis of MK2-p38α signaling complex assembly: insights into protein-protein interaction by molecular dynamics and free energy studiesYing Yang
State Key Laboratory of Applied Organic Chemistry and Department of Chemistry, Lanzhou University, Lanzhou 730000, China
Mol Biosyst 8:2106-18. 2012The formation of a p38 MAPK and MAPK-activated protein kinase 2 (MK2) signaling complex is physiologically relevant to cellular responses such as the proinflammatory cytokine production...
- Fucosterol isolated from Undaria pinnatifida inhibits lipopolysaccharide-induced production of nitric oxide and pro-inflammatory cytokines via the inactivation of nuclear factor-κB and p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase in RAW264.7 macrophagesMin Sang Yoo
Department of Pharmaceutical Biochemistry, Kyung Hee University, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Food Chem 135:967-75. 2012..protein kinase kinases 3/6 (MKK3/6) and mitogen-activated protein kinase-activated protein kinase 2 (MK2), which are both involved in the p38 MAPK pathway...
- Crucial roles of the protein kinases MK2 and MK3 in a mouse model of glomerulonephritisAdam J Guess
Center for Clinical and Translational Research, The Research Institute at Nationwide Children s Hospital, Columbus, Ohio, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e54239. 2013..p38 MAPK signaling is partially mediated through MK2 and MK3, two phylogenetically related protein kinases that are its direct substrates...
- Mitogen-activated protein kinase-activated protein kinase 2 regulates tumor necrosis factor-induced interleukin-6 expression via human antigen RJin Xu
Department of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine, Jinling Hospital, Nanjing University School of Medicine, Nanjing, Jiangsu 210002, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 126:4322-6. 2013..In this study, we investigated whether mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK)-activated protein kinase 2 (MK2) and HuR participate in the tumor necrosis factor (TNF)-induced expression of interleukin-6 (IL-6).
- Adaptive super-twisting observer for estimation of random road excitation profile in automotive suspension systemsJ J Rath
School of Electronics Engineering, Kyungpook National University, Daegu 702 701, Republic of Korea
ScientificWorldJournal 2014:203416. 2014..Simulation results with Ford Fiesta MK2 demonstrate the effectiveness of the proposed observer for state and unknown input estimation for nonlinear active ..
- Ultrastructural aspects of Cystoisospora belli (syn. Isospora belli) in continuous cell linesDeisy V Resende
Technics School of Health, Federal University of the Uberlândia, Umuarama, CEP 38400 902, Uberlandia, Minas Gerais, Brazil
Microsc Res Tech 77:472-8. 2014..This study aimed to describe the ultrastructure of endogenous stages of C. belli in Monkey Rhesus Kidney Cells (MK2) and Human Ileocecal Adenocarcinoma cells (HCT-8). Zoites of C...
- Arachidonic acid induces brain endothelial cell apoptosis via p38-MAPK and intracellular calcium signalingJustin Evans
Signal Transduction Laboratory, Methodist Research Institute, Indiana University Health, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN, USA
Microvasc Res 98:145-58. 2015....
- The MAPK-Activated Kinase MK2 Attenuates Dendritic Cell-Mediated Th1 Differentiation and Autoimmune EncephalomyelitisKlara Soukup
Department of Immunology, St Anna Children s Cancer Research Institute, 1090 Vienna, Austria
J Immunol 195:541-52. 2015..In this study we show an opposing role of MK2, by which it consolidates immune regulatory functions in DCs through modulation of p38, ERK1/2-MAPK, and STAT3 ..
- Further evidence that naphthoquinone inhibits Toxoplasma gondii growth in vitroLuciana Lemos Rangel da Silva
Laboratorio de Biologia Celular e Tecidual, Centro de Biociencias e Biotecnologia, Universidade Estadual do Norte Fluminense Darcy Ribeiro, Campos dos Goytacazes, RJ, 28013 602, Brazil
Parasitol Int 64:622-31. 2015..gondii (RH strain) infected LLC-MK2 cell line...
- Small heat shock proteins in smooth muscle plasticityWilliam T Gerthoffer; Fiscal Year: 2013..New developments in studies of microRNAs (miRNA) in phenotype determination suggest a convergence of p38MAPK/MK2 signaling and miRNA-induced silencing at the level of HSP27 and tristetraprolin...
- Mechanism of Anthrax Lethal Factor ToxicityUsamah S Kayyali; Fiscal Year: 2012..We have shown that p38 MAP kinase activation leading to HSP27 phosphorylation by the kinase MK2 augments the endothelial permeability barrier through strengthening adhesive forces mediated by actin stress fiber ..
- MAP Kinase Signaling in Apoptosis-Induced Ventilator-Associated Lung InjuryMahendra Damarla; Fiscal Year: 2013..Activation of p38 MAP kinase and its downstream effector MAPK-activated protein kinase MK2 (MK2) leads to phosphorylation of the small heat shock protein 27 (HSP27), a known regulator of apoptosis...
- SANDRA ANN REMPEL; Fiscal Year: 2015....
- MOLECULAR MODELS OF IMMUNE-MEDIATED VASCULAR INJURYJeffrey R Bender; Fiscal Year: 2012..and mRNA stabilization, focusing on the Rac downstream targets p38 MAPK, MAPK-activated protein kinase 2 (MK2) and novel, T cell-specific MK2 targets, using pharmacologic inhibitors, RNA interference (RNAi)-based approaches, ..
- Michael B Yaffe; Fiscal Year: 2016..We recently identified a third DNA damage response pathway mediated by p38MAPK and MAPKAP Kinase-2 (MK2) that is absolutely essential for p53-defective tumor cells to survive after DNA damage...
- Regulation of Neuronal Survival by the Rit GTPaseDOUGLAS ALLEN ANDRES; Fiscal Year: 2012..Importantly, data developed since the previous review suggests that a second novel Rit-p38-HSP27-MK2 pathway may stimulate AKT signaling to afford neuronal protection...
- Hypoxia-induced Endothelial Barrier DysfunctionUsamah Kayyali; Fiscal Year: 2009..to the hypothesis that exposure to hypoxia initiates cell signaling through the p38 MAP kinase pathway involving MK2 and HSP27 activation that leads to actin cytoskeleton and hic-5 redistribution...
- Post-transcriptional control of inflammatory gene expressionThomas A Hamilton; Fiscal Year: 2013..and (3) identification and definition of the signaling events coupling IL-17R and IL-1R stimulation with p38/MK2- independent mRNA stabilization...
- Mechanism of Myocardial Angiogenesis in Transgenic/Knockout AnimalsNilanjana Maulik; Fiscal Year: 2010..Aim 2. Genetically-engineered mice will be used such as MK2-/- to identify down stream target candidates of VEGF signaling through its receptors in IP as well as ischemic ..
- Atherogenic Induction of NeuroinflammationNarayan R Bhat; Fiscal Year: 2010..e., MAPK-activated protein kinase 2 (i.e., MAPKAP K2 or MK2) to test the hypothesis that this pathway signals atherogenic induction of neurovascular and inflammatory ..
- Map Kinase Pathways and Anemia in the ElderlyLeonidas C Platanias; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Smart Polymer Based MK2 Inhibitor to Suppress Vascular Graft Intimal HyperplasiaCRAIG LEWIS DUVALL; Fiscal Year: 2012..We have identified MAPKAP kinase II (MK2) as a potential target for pharmacological intervention for preventing vascular graft IH...
- Keith L Kirkwood; Fiscal Year: 2015..TTP is phosphorylated by the p38-MK2 pathway and may serve as a general mechanism of cytokine mRNA regulation...
- Yibin Wang; Fiscal Year: 2014..Finally, we have demonstrated that a well established p38 downstream kinase MK2 has a selective contribution to p38 induced pathological changes in heart...
- Ventricular Remodeling in the Adapted HeartNilanjana Maulik; Fiscal Year: 2012..through either of its two tyrosine kinase receptors, VEGFR1/Flt-1 or VEGFR2/Flk1/KDR via its target protein MK2. In the present proposal we will use Flk-1 , Flt-1 and MK2-/- (MAPKAPKinase2) knockout mice in an attempt to ..
- Peptide therapeutics for inhibiting abdominal adhesionsCYNTHIA ELLEN LANDER; Fiscal Year: 2012..are known to initiate adhesion formation through activation of mitogen activated protein kinase activated kinase (MK2)...
- Role of cGMP in Ventilator-Induced Lung Endothelial Barrier DysfunctionDavid B Pearse; Fiscal Year: 2013..from NO-stimulated sGC and 2) PDE2A expression through activation of p38 and MAP kinase-activated protein kinase 2 (MK2) resulting in accelerated hydrolysis of endothelial barrier protective cAMP...
- Correlation of Sendai Virus Mutations with PathogenicityNANCY LUGENE MCQUEEN; Fiscal Year: 2012..The only virus that was able to form plaques and undergo multiple rounds of replication in LLC-MK2 cells in the absence of trypsin, or cause a systemic infection in mice was RRGV0, a virus containing all F1-R M and ..
- MECHANISMS OF AIRWAY HYPERREACTIVITYWilliam Gerthoffer; Fiscal Year: 2004..3 and MKK6b, which are upstream activators of p38 MAPKs; MAP kinase activated protein kinase 2 (MK2), a substrate of p38 MAPK; and HSP27, a substrate of MK2 important in regulating the actin ..
- Herpresviral Gene Expression in Kaposis SarcomaDon Ganem; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies will focus on (i) the interactions of kaposins B and C with components of the p38-MK2 pathway, and (ii) the identification and characterization of additional host signaling molecules and other factors ..
- Epidemiology of the Human Metapneumovirus, New-Haven CTFrank Esper; Fiscal Year: 2004..Growth, propagation and cytopathic effects on LLC-MK2 cells will also be utilized...
- Anti-tick-borne Encephalitis Virus Miniprotein AgentsRobert Fox; Fiscal Year: 2009..The miniprotein MP-100 was shown to block infection of Vero and LLC-MK2 monkey kidney cell cultures by tick-borne LGT and Powassan viruses...
- Anti-tick-borne Encephalitis Virus Miniprotein AgentsRobert Fox; Fiscal Year: 2003..The miniprotein MP-100 was shown to block infection of Vero and LLC-MK2 monkey kidney cell cultures by tick-borne LGT and Powassan viruses...
- Antiviral Agents directed at West Nile VirusSTEVEN WHITTEN; Fiscal Year: 2004..The miniprotein MP-100 was shown to block infection of Vero and LLC-MK2 monkey kidney cell cultures by tick-borne Lgt and Powassan (POW) viruses...
- IMMUNOTHERAPY OF MELANOMA WITH ANTIIDIOTYPIC ANTIBODIESSoldano Ferrone; Fiscal Year: 1999..i) anti-human high molecular weight-melanoma associated antigen (HMW-MAA) immunity elicited by mouse anti-id mAb MK2-23 in about 60% of patients with advanced melanoma is associated with regression of lesions in a few patients and ..
- Silencing Post Transcriptional Signaling Mechanisms in Periodontal InflammationKeith Kirkwood; Fiscal Year: 2009..TTP is phosphorylated by the p38-MK2 pathway and may serve as a general mechanism of cytokine mRNA regulation...
- MURINE ANTI-ID ANTIBODIES FOR IMMUNOTHERAPY OF MELANOMACarl Hamby; Fiscal Year: 1992..that conjugation to KLH and administration with an adjuvant markedly enhances the ability of the mouse anti-id MoAb MK2-23 to induce humoral and cellular immunity towards the HMW-MAA...
- Regulation and Function of MAPKAP KinasesThomas Sturgill; Fiscal Year: 2005..Aim four is to characterize the activation, enzymatic properties, and functions of MAPKAP kinase-like enzymes (Rcklp, Rck2p) in yeast, a model eukaryote, using combined biochemical and genetic approaches. ..
- Modulation of Neutrophil Apoptosis by Akt-Hsp27 SignalosomeMadhavi Rane; Fiscal Year: 2008..These studies will lead us to new targets for disrupting neutrophil-mediated tissue damage in inflammatory diseases. ..
- Altering Cytokine mRNA Stability in Periodontal Bone LossKeith Kirkwood; Fiscal Year: 2008..TTP is phosphorylated by the p38-MK2 pathway and may serve as a general mechanism of cytokine mRNA regulation...
- Role of Hsp27 in regulation of Neutrophil ApoptosisMadhavi Rane; Fiscal Year: 2006..These studies will lead us to new targets for disrupting neutrophil-mediated tissue damage in inflammatory diseases. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Role of AP-2gamma in Ovarian Germline Stem CellsQuinton Winger; Fiscal Year: 2006..The potential for developing successful treatments for human infertility provided by these experiments emphasizes the immediate importance for this research. ..
- Regulated Insulin Delivery From Tissue Engineering Skin*Keith Kirkwood; Fiscal Year: 2005....