Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MIR9-1
Description: microRNA 9-1
Alias: MIRN9-1, hsa-mir-9-1, miRNA9-1
- miR-9 and let-7g enhance the sensitivity to ionizing radiation by suppression of NFκB1Himanshu Arora
Laboratory of Molecular and Genomic Medicine, Department of Biomedical Sciences, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Korea
Exp Mol Med 43:298-304. 2011..From these results, we conclude that the expression of miR-9 and let-7g could enhance the efficiency of radiotherapy for lung cancer treatment through the inhibition of NFκB1...
- Induction and regulatory function of miR-9 in human monocytes and neutrophils exposed to proinflammatory signalsFlavia Bazzoni
Department of Pathology, Division of General Pathology, University of Verona, Strada Le Grazie 8, I 37134 Verona, Italy
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:5282-7. 2009....
- MicroRNA-9 is associated with epithelial-mesenchymal transition, breast cancer stem cell phenotype, and tumor progression in breast cancerJae Moon Gwak
Department of Pathology, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Breast Cancer Res Treat 147:39-49. 2014....
- Potentially prognostic miRNAs in HPV-associated oropharyngeal carcinomaAngela B Y Hui
Ontario Cancer Institute, University Health Network, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Clin Cancer Res 19:2154-62. 2013..Hence, the objectives of this study were to determine whether miRNA expression differed as a function of HPV status and to assess whether such miRNAs provide prognostic value beyond HPV status...
- MicroRNA-9 as potential biomarker for breast cancer local recurrence and tumor estrogen receptor statusXin Zhou
Cancer Prevention and Control Program, Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center, Georgetown University, Washington, District of Columbia, USA
PLoS ONE 7:e39011. 2012..02). Expression levels of miR-9 and another miR candidate, miR-375, were also strongly associated with ER status (p<0.001 for both). The potential of miR-9 as a biomarker for LR warrants further investigation with larger sample size...
- Aberrant hypermethylation of miR-9 genes in gastric cancerKuo Wang Tsai
Department of Medical Education and Research, Kaohsiung Veterans General Hospital, Kaohsiung, Taiwan, China
Epigenetics 6:1189-97. 2011..Ectopic expression of miR-9 inhibited cell proliferation, migration and invasion, suggesting its tumor suppressive potential in gastric cancer progression...
- Real-time PCR-based analysis of the human bile microRNAome identifies miR-9 as a potential diagnostic biomarker for biliary tract cancerKengo Shigehara
Department of Surgery for Organ Function and Biological Regulation, Nippon Medical School, Tokyo, Japan
PLoS ONE 6:e23584. 2011..These findings suggest that bile miRNAs could be informative biomarkers for hepatobiliary disease and that some miRNAs, particularly miR-9, may be helpful in the diagnosis and clinical management of BTC...
- MicroRNA-9 up-regulation is involved in colorectal cancer metastasis via promoting cell motilityLiang Zhu
Cancer Institute Key Laboratory of Cancer Prevention and Intervention, China National Ministry of Education, Key Laboratory of Molecular Biology in Medical Sciences, Zhejiang Province, China, The Second Affiliated Hospital, Zhejiang University School of Medicine, 88 Jiefang Road, Hangzhou 310009, Zhejiang, China
Med Oncol 29:1037-43. 2012..The overexpression of miR-9 could also down-regulate α-catenin expression. These data suggest that miR-9 may potentially participate in the metastatic process of CRC though facilitating cell motility...
- Hsa-miR-9 methylation status is associated with cancer development and metastatic recurrence in patients with clear cell renal cell carcinomaM A T Hildebrandt
Department of Epidemiology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Oncogene 29:5724-8. 2010..034 and 0.007 for miR-9-1 and miR-9-3, respectively). Our results demonstrate that hsa-miR-9 is involved in the development of ccRCC while also having a role in the development of metastatic recurrence...
- miR-9, a MYC/MYCN-activated microRNA, regulates E-cadherin and cancer metastasisLi Ma
Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research and Department of Biology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02142, USA
Nat Cell Biol 12:247-56. 2010..These findings uncover a regulatory and signalling pathway involving a metastasis-promoting miRNA that is predicted to directly target expression of the key metastasis-suppressing protein E-cadherin...
- Down-regulated miR-9 and miR-433 in human gastric carcinomaHongchun Luo
Department of Gastroenterology, The Second Affiliated Hospital, Chongqing Medical University, Chongqing 400010, PR China
J Exp Clin Cancer Res 28:82. 2009..MircoRNAs(miRNAs) are short, endogenously non-coding RNAs. The abnormal expression of miRNAs may be valuable for the diagnosis and treatment of tumors...
- MicroRNA-9 inhibits ovarian cancer cell growth through regulation of NF-kappaB1Li Min Guo
Tianjin Life Science Research Center and Basic Medical School, Tianjin Medical University, China
FEBS J 276:5537-46. 2009....
- [MiR-9 regulates the expression of CBX7 in human glioma]Teng fei Chao
National Laboratory of Medical Molecular Biology, Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, CAMS and PUMC, Beijing 100005, China
Zhongguo Yi Xue Ke Xue Yuan Xue Bao 30:268-74. 2008..To detect the expression of CBX7 in human glioma and investigate the potential regulatory effect of abnormally expressed microRNAs on CBX7 expression...
- Regulation of the transcription factor NF-kappaB1 by microRNA-9 in human gastric adenocarcinomaHai Ying Wan
Tianjin Life Science Research Center and Basic Medical School, Tianjin Medical University, Tianjin 300070, PR China
Mol Cancer 9:16. 2010....
- A microRNA expression signature for cervical cancer prognosisXiaoxia Hu
Departments of Radiation Oncology, Pathology and Immunology, and Obstetrics and Gynecology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Cancer Res 70:1441-8. 2010..In particular, miR-200a is likely to affect the metastatic potential of cervical cancer cells by coordinate suppression of multiple genes controlling cell motility...
- MicroRNA-9 coordinates proliferation and migration of human embryonic stem cell-derived neural progenitorsCeline Delaloy
Gladstone Institute of Neurological Disease and Department of Neurology, University of California San Francisco, CA 94158, USA
Cell Stem Cell 6:323-35. 2010..These results identify miR-9 as a novel regulator that coordinates the proliferation and migration of hNPCs...
- MicroRNA-9 regulates steroid-resistant airway hyperresponsiveness by reducing protein phosphatase 2A activityJing Jing Li
Priority Research Centre for Asthma and Respiratory Disease, School of Biomedical Sciences and Pharmacy, Faculty of Health, University of Newcastle and Hunter Medical Research Institute, Callaghan, Australia
J Allergy Clin Immunol 136:462-73. 2015..MicroRNAs (miRs) are small noncoding RNAs that regulate the function of innate immune cells by controlling mRNA stability and translation. Their role in regulating glucocorticoid responsiveness and AHR remains unexplored...
- Down-regulation of microRNA-9 leads to activation of IL-6/Jak/STAT3 pathway through directly targeting IL-6 in HeLa cellJiangbo Zhang
Department of Microbiology and Infectious Disease Center, School of Basic Medical Sciences, Peking University Health Science Center, Beijing, P R China
Mol Carcinog 55:732-42. 2016..In conclusion, our results here present a tumor suppressor potential of miR-9 in cervical adenocarcinoma for the first time and suggest that miR-9 could repress tumorigenesis through inhibiting the activity of IL-6/Jak/STAT3 pathway...
- MicroRNA-9 inhibits the gastric cancer cell proliferation by targeting TNFAIP8Hong Yu Gao
Jiangsu Key Laboratory of Biological Cancer Therapy, Xuzhou Medical University, Xuzhou, China
Cell Prolif . 2017..However, till now, the relationship between MicroRNA-9 and TNFAIP8 in GC has not been reported...
- Up-regulation of miR-9 target CBX7 to regulate invasion ability of bladder transitional cell carcinomaDalong Xie
Department of Anatomy, College of Basic Medicine, China Medical University, Shenyang, Liaoning, China mainland
Med Sci Monit 21:225-30. 2015..The objective of this study was to investigate whether the miR-9 can regulate the invasion ability of human bladder transitional cell carcinoma cells by down-regulation of CBX7...
- Infrequent DNA methylation of miR-9-1 and miR-9-3 in multiple myelomaQi Zhang
Department of Haematology, Affiliated Hospital of Xuzhou Medical College, Xuzhou Medical College, Xuzhou, Jiangsu Province, China
J Clin Pathol 68:557-61. 2015..The miR-9 family microRNAs (miRNAs) are tumour suppressor miRNAs implicated in carcinogenesis. We postulated that miR-9-1, miR-9-2 and miR-9-3 may be inactivated by aberrant promoter methylation in multiple myeloma (MM)...
- MicroRNA-9 suppresses the sensitivity of CNE2 cells to ultraviolet radiationChao pan Zheng
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, The First Affiliated Hospital and Otorhinolaryngology Institute, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, Guangdong 510080, P R China
Mol Med Rep 12:2367-73. 2015..These findings suggest that miR-9 may be a potential target for modulating the radiosensitivity of NPC cells...
- Regulation of UHRF1 by microRNA-9 modulates colorectal cancer cell proliferation and apoptosisMingchen Zhu
Department of Clinical Laboratory, Jiangsu Cancer Hospital and Nanjing Medical University Cancer Hospital, Nanjing, China
Cancer Sci 106:833-9. 2015..Collectively, our results offer in vitro validation of the concept that miR-9 could repress the expression of UHRF1, and function as a tumor-suppressive microRNA in CRC. It may serve as a prognostic and therapeutic marker for CRC. ..
- Targeting of miR9/NOTCH1 interaction reduces metastatic behavior in triple-negative breast cancerSamira Mohammadi-Yeganeh
Department of Biotechnology, School of Advanced Technologies in Medicine, Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences, 6th Floor, 2th SBUMS Bldg, Next to Ayatollah Taleghani Hospital, Velenjak, Tehran, 198396 3113, Iran
Chem Biol Drug Des 86:1185-91. 2015..These results shows that miR-9, by direct targeting of NOTCH1, can reveal a suppressor-like activity in metastatic breast cancer cells. ..
- MiR-9 and miR-21 as prognostic biomarkers for recurrence in papillary thyroid cancerAdriana Sondermann
Albert Einstein Research and Education Institute, Hospital Israelita Albert Einstein, Av Albert Einstein, 627, Sao Paulo, SP, 05652 000, Brazil
Clin Exp Metastasis 32:521-30. 2015..In conclusion, our results support the potential clinical value of miR-9 and miR-21 as prognostic biomarkers for recurrence in papillary thyroid carcinoma...
- miR-9 Modulates Osteosarcoma Cell Growth by Targeting the GCIP Tumor SuppressorShao Wen Zhu
Tianjin Medical University, Tianjin, China E mail
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 16:4509-13. 2015..In sum, these results highlight the importance of miR-9 as an oncogene in regulating the proliferation of osteosarcoma by directly targeting GCIP and may provide new insights into the pathogenesis of osteosarcoma. ..
- miR-9 promotes cell proliferation and inhibits apoptosis by targeting LASS2 in bladder cancerHaifeng Wang
Department of Urology, The Second Affiliated Hospital of Kunming Medical University, Yunnan Institute of Urology, Kunming, 650101, China
Tumour Biol 36:9631-40. 2015..In conclusion, these results indicate that miR-9 upregulation might be associated with malignant phenotype of bladder cancer. miR-9 promotes chemoresistance of bladder cancer cells by target LASS2...
- Aberrant expression of miR-9/9* in myeloid progenitors inhibits neutrophil differentiation by post-transcriptional regulation of ERGK Nowek
Department of Hematology, Erasmus University Medical Center Cancer Institute, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Leukemia 30:229-37. 2016..Taken together, this study demonstrates that miR-9/9* are aberrantly expressed in most of AML cases and interfere with normal neutrophil differentiation by downregulation of ERG. ..
- BRAF activated non-coding RNA (BANCR) promoting gastric cancer cells proliferation via regulation of NF-κB1Zhi Xin Zhang
Department of Gastrointestinal Surgery, Affiliated Hospital of Jining Medical University, Jining 272029, China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 465:225-31. 2015..However, its molecular mechanism underlying gastric cancer is still unknown. In present study, we investigated whether BANCR was involved in the development of gastric cancer cells via regulation of NF-κB1...
- Investigation of miR9-1, miR9-2 and miR9-3 Methylation in Hodgkin LymphomaMyriam Ben Dhiab
Department of Pathology, Farhat Hached University Hospital, Sousse, Tunisia
Pathobiology 82:195-202. 2015..miR9 is an important tumor suppressor microRNA regulated by DNA methylation in various types of cancers...
- CBX7 and miR-9 are part of an autoregulatory loop controlling p16(INK) (4a)Ana O'Loghlen
Cell Proliferation Group, MRC Clinical Sciences Centre, Imperial College London, Hammersmith Campus, London, W12 0NN, UK
Aging Cell 14:1113-21. 2015..The ability of the miR-9 family to regulate senescence could have implications for understanding the role of miR-9 in cancer and aging...
- Expression and DNA methylation alterations of seven cancer-associated 3p genes and their predicted regulator miRNAs (miR-129-2, miR-9-1) in breast and ovarian cancersIrina V Pronina
Institute of General Pathology and Pathophysiology, 125315 Moscow, Russia
Gene 576:483-91. 2016..01), and GeneCards data) in the examined gynecological tumors...
- Oncogenic miR-9 is a target of erlotinib in NSCLCsXi Chen
Department of Pharmacology, Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, Jiangsu Province, China, 210029
Sci Rep 5:17031. 2015..Clarifying the regulation of miRNAs by erlotinib may indicate novel strategies for enhancing EGFR-targeted cancer therapy. ..
- MicroRNA-9 promotes proliferation of leukemia cells in adult CD34-positive acute myeloid leukemia with normal karyotype by downregulation of Hes1Chen Tian
Department of Hematology, Key Laboratory of Cancer Prevention and Therapy, Tianjin Medical University Cancer Institute and Hospital, National Clinical Research Center for Cancer, Tianjin, 300060, People s Republic of China
Tumour Biol 37:7461-71. 2016..Our results indicate that the miR-9 plays an important role in supporting AML cell growth and survival by downregulation of Hes1 and that miR-9 has potential as a therapeutic target for treating AML. ..
- Cullin 4A (CUL4A), a direct target of miR-9 and miR-137, promotes gastric cancer proliferation and invasion by regulating the Hippo signaling pathwayJun Deng
Department of Oncology, The First Affiliated Hospital of Nanchang University, Nanchang 330006, PR China
Oncotarget 7:10037-50. 2016..Taken together, our findings demonstrate that perturbations to miR-9/137-CUL4A-Hippo signaling contribute to gastric tumorigenesis, and suggest potential therapeutic targets for the future treatment of GC. ..
- Integrative microRNA and gene profiling data analysis reveals novel biomarkers and mechanisms for lung cancerLing Hu
Department of Anesthesiology, Tianyou Hospital, Wuhan University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, China
Oncotarget 7:8441-54. 2016..Therefore, we conduct to systematically identify miRNAs related to NSCLC, and their target genes expression changes using microarray data sets...
- MicroRNA-9 inhibits hyperglycemia-induced pyroptosis in human ventricular cardiomyocytes by targeting ELAVL1Prince Jeyabal
Department of Cardiovascular Sciences, Centre for Cardiovascular Regeneration, Houston Methodist Research Institute, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 471:423-9. 2016..Taken together our study highlights the potential therapeutic implications of targeting miR-9/ELAVL1 in preventing cardiomyocyte cell loss during HF in diabetics. ..
- MicroRNA-9 suppresses cell migration and invasion through downregulation of TM4SF1 in colorectal cancerYoung Ran Park
Department of Internal Medicine, Chonbuk National University Hospital, Chonbuk National University Medical School, Jeonju, Republic of Korea
Int J Oncol 48:2135-43. 2016..Our results also indicate that miR-9 might be a novel target for the treatment of CRC invasion and metastasis. ..
- Dysregulation of miRNA-9 in a Subset of Schizophrenia Patient-Derived Neural Progenitor CellsAaron Topol
Department of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, 1425 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10029, USA
Cell Rep 15:1024-36. 2016..Together, these data indicate that aberrant levels and activity of miR-9 may be one of the many factors that contribute to SZ risk, at least in a subset of patients. ..
- Long non-coding RNA TUG1 contributes to tumorigenesis of human osteosarcoma by sponging miR-9-5p and regulating POU2F1 expressionChu hai Xie
Department of Orthopedics, The Second Affiliated Hospital of Guangzhou Medical University, No 250 Chang gang dong Road, Guangzhou, 510260, China
Tumour Biol 37:15031-15041. 2016..These findings may contribute to the lncRNA-targeted therapy for human osteosarcoma...
- Enhanced miR-9 promotes laryngocarcinoma cell survival via down-regulating PTENEryong Lu
Department of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery The First Affiliated Hospital and College of Clinical Medicine of Henan University of Science and Technology Luoyang, 471003, China
Biomed Pharmacother 84:608-613. 2016..PTEN expression was down-regulated in the laryngocarcinoma cells with miR-9 overexpression. We also found that miR-9 expression was negatively associated with PTEN expression in laryngocarcinoma tissues...
- Activation of miR-9 by human papillomavirus in cervical cancerWeijun Liu
Department of Radiation Oncology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri
Oncotarget 5:11620-30. 2014..Thus, our work helps to understand the molecular mechanisms as well as identify potential therapeutic targets for cervical cancer and other HPV-induced cancers. ..
- MicroRNA-9 promotes tumor metastasis via repressing E-cadherin in esophageal squamous cell carcinomaYe Song
State Key Laboratory of Oncology in South China and Collaborative Innovation Center for Cancer Medicine, Sun Yat sen University Cancer Center, Guangzhou, 510060, China
Oncotarget 5:11669-80. 2014..Our study also suggests miR-9 can be served as a new independent prognostic marker and/or as a novel potential therapeutic target for ESCC. ..
- miR-9 functions as a tumor suppressor in ovarian serous carcinoma by targeting TLN1Haosha Tang
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Obstetrics and Gynecology Hospital, Fudan University, Shanghai 200011, P R China
Int J Mol Med 32:381-8. 2013..Moreover, the activation of the TLN1-modulated FAK/AKT pathway was inhibited by the increased miR-9 levels. These results suggest that miR-9 plays a role as a tumor suppressor in OSC by suppressing TLN1 expression...
- MicroRNA-9 regulates survival of chondroblasts and cartilage integrity by targeting protogeninJinsoo Song
Department of Biological Sciences, College of Natural Sciences, Wonkwang University, Iksan, Chunbuk 570 749, South Korea
Cell Commun Signal 11:66. 2013..Using these cells, we analyzed the changes in the expression of genes and proteins, tested the expression level of miR-9, and applied a target validation system. We also performed functional study of miR-9 and PRTG...
- MicroRNA-9 inhibits vasculogenic mimicry of glioma cell lines by suppressing Stathmin expressionYuwen Song
Department of Neurosurgery, The Fourth Affiliated Hospital of Harbin Medical University, No 37, Yiyuan Street, Harbin, 150001, People s Republic of China
J Neurooncol 115:381-90. 2013..MicroRNA-9 and its targets may represent a novel panel of molecules for the development of glioma treatment...
- MicroRNA-9 inhibits the proliferation of oral squamous cell carcinoma cells by suppressing expression of CXCR4 via the Wnt/β-catenin signaling pathwayT Yu
Department of Head and Neck Oncology Surgery, Sichuan Cancer Hospital, Chengdu, People s Republic of China
Oncogene 33:5017-27. 2014..These results provide new evidence of miR-9 as a promising tumor gene therapeutic target for OSCC patients. ..
- Downregulation of microRNA-9 in iPSC-derived neurons of FTD/ALS patients with TDP-43 mutationsZhiJun Zhang
Department of Neurology, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e76055. 2013..These results show that iPSC models of FTD/ALS are useful for revealing stress-dependent cellular defects of human patient neurons containing rare TDP-43 mutations in their native genetic contexts. ..
- Expression of 19 microRNAs in glioblastoma and comparison with other brain neoplasia of grades I-IIIMichela Visani
Department of Pharmacy and Biotechnology, FaBiT, University of Bologna, Via Belmeloro 6, 40126 Bologna, Italy
Mol Oncol 8:417-30. 2014..This study provides further data for the identification of a miRNA profile for glioblastoma and suggests that different-grade neoplasia could be characterized by different expression of specific miRNAs. ..
- Survival of motor neuron protein downregulates miR-9 expression in patients with spinal muscular atrophyLi Ting Wang
Graduate Institute of Medicine, College of Medicine, Kaohsiung Medical University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Kaohsiung J Med Sci 30:229-34. 2014..These results clearly suggested that cellular SMN proteins regulated miR-9 expression and that miR-9 expression was related to SMA severity. Thus, miR-9 may be a marker for SMA prognosis. ..
- MicroRNA-9 expression is a prognostic biomarker in patients with osteosarcomaShi hong Xu
Department of Ultrasound Diagnosis, Shandong Medical Imaging Research Institute, Shandong University, 324 Jingwu Road, Jinan, Shandong Province 250021, China
World J Surg Oncol 12:195. 2014....
- Epigenetic silencing of miRNA-9 is correlated with promoter-proximal CpG island hypermethylation in gastric cancer in vitro and in vivoYan Li
Chongqing Cancer Institute, Chongqing 400030, P R China
Int J Oncol 45:2576-86. 2014..miR-19b and miR-433 were positively correlated with male gender. Of four candidate miRNAs downregulated in GC, miR-9 is epigenetically regulated by DNA methylation both in vitro and in vivo...
- [Expression of miR-9 in B lymphocytes and B cell lymphomas cell lines and its significance]Feng Li
Department of Pathology, Nanfang Hospital Affiliated to Southern Medical University, Guangzhou 510515, China
Zhonghua Xue Ye Xue Za Zhi 32:249-53. 2011..To investigate the expression of miR-9 in B lymphocytes, B cell lymphoma and classical Hodgkin's lymphoma (cHL) cell lines and its significance...
- Epigenetics in Waldenström's macroglobulinemiaAntonio Sacco
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Epigenomics 2:691-6. 2010..In this study it has been demonstrated that WM patients present with a specific miRNA signature. Among deregulated miRNAs, miR-155 and miR-9* play a pivotal role in the pathogenesis of this disease...
- microRNA expression profile in a large series of bladder tumors: identification of a 3-miRNA signature associated with aggressiveness of muscle-invasive bladder cancerGéraldine Pignot
Department of Urology, Hopital Cochin, AP HP, Paris F 75014, France
Int J Cancer 132:2479-91. 2013..05). Our results suggested a promising individual prognostic value of these new markers...
- Characterization of human gastric carcinoma-related methylation of 9 miR CpG islands and repression of their expressions in vitro and in vivoYantao Du
Key laboratory of Carcinogenesis and Translational Research, Ministry of Education, Division of Cancer Etiology, Peking University Cancer Hospital and Institute, Fu Cheng Lu, NO, 52 Haidian District, Beijing 100142, China
BMC Cancer 12:249. 2012..The aims of this study are to characterize gastric carcinoma (GC)-related methylation of miR CpG islands and its relationship with miRNA expression...
- Tumour-secreted miR-9 promotes endothelial cell migration and angiogenesis by activating the JAK-STAT pathwayGuanglei Zhuang
Genentech Inc, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
EMBO J 31:3513-23. 2012..Collectively, these observations suggest that tumour-secreted miRNAs participate in intercellular communication and function as a novel pro-angiogenic mechanism...
- Unique preservation of neural cells in Hutchinson- Gilford progeria syndrome is due to the expression of the neural-specific miR-9 microRNAXavier Nissan
CECS, I STEM, AFM, Institute for Stem Cell Therapy and Exploration of Monogenic Diseases, 5 rue Henri Desbrueres, 91030 Evry Cedex, France
Cell Rep 2:1-9. 2012..Our results support the hypothesis, recently proposed from analyses in mice, that protection of neural cells from progerin accumulation in HGPS is due to the physiologically restricted expression of miR-9 to that cell lineage...
- Diagnostic and prognostic significance of miRNA signatures in tissues and plasma of endometrioid endometrial carcinoma patientsAnna Torres
Laboratory of Biostructure, Department of Human Anatomy, Medical University of Lublin, Lublin, Poland
Int J Cancer 132:1633-45. 2013..909 (95% CI: 0.789-973) and 0.913 (95% CI: 0.794-0.976), respectively. We conclude that miRNA signatures hold a great promise to become noninvasive biomarkers for early EEC detection and prognosis...
- MicroRNAs as markers for neurally committed CD133+/CD34+ stem cells derived from human umbilical cord bloodMaryam Hafizi
Stem Cell Biology Department, Stem Cell Technology Research Center, Tehran, Iran
Biochem Genet 51:175-88. 2013..These data highlight the prominent therapeutic potential of hematopoietic stem cells for use in cell therapy of neurodegenerative diseases...
- The CREB-miR-9 negative feedback minicircuitry coordinates the migration and proliferation of glioma cellsXiaochao Tan
State Key Laboratory of Medical Molecular Biology, Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Beijing, China
PLoS ONE 7:e49570. 2012....
- miR-9 modulates the expression of interferon-regulated genes and MHC class I molecules in human nasopharyngeal carcinoma cellsFei Gao
Cancer Research Institute, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou 510515, PR China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 431:610-6. 2013....
- MiR-9 downregulates CDX2 expression in gastric cancer cellsPichayanoot Rotkrua
Department of Molecular Oncology, Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Tokyo, Japan
Int J Cancer 129:2611-20. 2011..004). Therefore, miR-9 might repress CDX2 expression via the binding site in the 3'-UTR, resulting in the promotion of cell proliferation in GCs...
- Identification of microRNAs regulating reprogramming factor LIN28 in embryonic stem cells and cancer cellsXiaomin Zhong
Center for Research on Early Detection and Cure of Ovarian Cancer, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Biol Chem 285:41961-71. 2010..Global down-regulation of these miRNAs may be one of the mechanisms of LIN28 reactivation in human cancers...
- MicroRNA expression in human retinal pigment epithelial (ARPE-19) cells: increased expression of microRNA-9 by N-(4-hydroxyphenyl)retinamideR Krishnan Kutty
Laboratory of Retinal Cell and Molecular Biology, Bldg 6, Room 112, National Eye Institute, National Institutes of Health, 6 Center Dr, MSC 0608, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Mol Vis 16:1475-86. 2010..The aim of the present study was to investigate the expression of miR-9 in ARPE-19 cells in response to 4HPR treatment, and to identify other miRNAs normally expressed in these cells...
- microRNAs in inflammationEniko Sonkoly
Molecular Dermatology Research Group, Unit of Dermatology and Venerology, Department of Medicine, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Int Rev Immunol 28:535-61. 2009..In this review, we summarize the current knowledge about miRNAs in immunity and inflammation, focusing on the recent results on miRNAs involved in the regulation of immune responses and inflammatory diseases...