Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MIR31
Description: microRNA 31
Alias: MIRN31, hsa-mir-31, miR-31
- MiR-9, -31, and -182 deregulation promote proliferation and tumor cell survival in colon cancerLina Cekaite
Department of Cancer Prevention, Institute for Cancer Research, Norwegian Radium Hospital, Oslo University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Neoplasia 14:868-79. 2012..This study suggests that deregulated expression of miR-9, miR-31, and miR-182 during carcinogenesis plays a significant role in the development of colon cancer by promoting proliferation and tumor cell survival...
- Downregulation of miR-205 and miR-31 confers resistance to chemotherapy-induced apoptosis in prostate cancer cellsN Bhatnagar
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, North Dakota State University, Fargo, 58108, USA
Cell Death Dis 1:e105. 2010..Thus, downregulation of miR-205 and miR-31 has an important role in apoptosis resistance in advanced prostate cancer...
- A 5-microRNA signature for lung squamous cell carcinoma diagnosis and hsa-miR-31 for prognosisXiaogang Tan
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Cancer Hospital and Institute, Peking Union Medical College and Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Beijing, P R China
Clin Cancer Res 17:6802-11. 2011..Squamous cell carcinoma (SCC) is one major subtype of lung cancer that urgently needs biomarkers to aid patient management. Here, we undertook the first comprehensive investigation on microRNA in Chinese SCC patients...
- MicroRNA-31 regulated by the extracellular regulated kinase is involved in vascular smooth muscle cell growth via large tumor suppressor homolog 2Xiaojun Liu
RNA and Cardiovascular Research Laboratory, Department of Anesthesiology, New Jersey Medical School, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Newark, New Jersey 07101, USA
J Biol Chem 286:42371-80. 2011..The results suggest that MAPK/ERK/miR-31/LATS2 may represent a novel signaling pathway in VSMC growth. miR-31 is able to enhance VSMC proliferation via its downstream target gene product, LATS2...
- Polycomb-mediated loss of miR-31 activates NIK-dependent NF-κB pathway in adult T cell leukemia and other cancersMakoto Yamagishi
Graduate School of Frontier Sciences, The University of Tokyo, Japan
Cancer Cell 21:121-35. 2012..Furthermore, this emerging circuit operates in other cancers and receptor-initiated NF-κB cascade. Our findings provide a perspective involving the epigenetic program, inflammatory responses, and oncogenic signaling...
- miR-31 and its host gene lncRNA LOC554202 are regulated by promoter hypermethylation in triple-negative breast cancerKatarzyna Augoff
Department of Molecular Cardiology, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH, USA
Mol Cancer 11:5. 2012..The molecular mechanisms that lead to the loss of miR-31 and the activation of its pro-metastatic target genes during these specific steps of the invasion-metastasis cascade are however unknown...
- Tumor suppressive microRNAs (miR-222 and miR-31) regulate molecular pathways based on microRNA expression signature in prostate cancerMiki Fuse
Department of Functional Genomics, Chiba University Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba, Japan
J Hum Genet 57:691-9. 2012..Identification and categorization of the molecular pathways regulated by tumor suppressive miRNAs could provide new information about the molecular mechanisms of PCa tumorigenesis...
- microRNA-31/factor-inhibiting hypoxia-inducible factor 1 nexus regulates keratinocyte differentiationHan Peng
Department of Dermatology, The Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:14030-4. 2012..Our results define a previously unknown mechanism for keratinocyte fate decisions where Notch signaling potential is, in part, controlled through a miR-31/FIH-1 nexus...
- Genetic and epigenetic loss of microRNA-31 leads to feed-forward expression of EZH2 in melanomaIrfan A Asangani
Michigan Center for Translational Pathology
Oncotarget 3:1011-25. 2012..Taken together, our study supports a tumor suppressor role for miR-31 in melanoma and identifies novel therapeutic targets...
- MiRNA expression in urothelial carcinomas: important roles of miR-10a, miR-222, miR-125b, miR-7 and miR-452 for tumor stage and metastasis, and frequent homozygous losses of miR-31Srinivas Veerla
Department of Clinical Genetics, Lund University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
Int J Cancer 124:2236-42. 2009..In addition, these latter miRNAs were shown to be excellent prognostic markers for death by disease as outcome. The presented data shows that pathological subtypes of urothelial carcinoma show distinct miRNA gene expression signatures...
- Inverse correlation of miRNA and cell cycle-associated genes suggests influence of miRNA on benign thyroid nodule tumorigenesisCarolina Ferraz
Department for Endocrinology and Nephrology, University of Leipzig, Liebigstrasse 20, D 04103 Leipzig, Germany
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 98:E8-16. 2013..The molecular etiology of cold and benign thyroid nodules (CBTNs) is largely unknown. Increased thyroid epithelial cell proliferation is a hallmark of CBTNs. MicroRNAs (miRNAs) are prominent regulators of cell proliferation...
- The tumor suppressor gene RhoBTB1 is a novel target of miR-31 in human colon cancerRui Si Xu
Endoscopy Center, China Japan Union Hospital, Jilin University, Changchun 130033, P R China
Int J Oncol 42:676-82. 2013....
- MicroRNA-31 activates the RAS pathway and functions as an oncogenic MicroRNA in human colorectal cancer by repressing RAS p21 GTPase activating protein 1 (RASA1)Defang Sun
State Key Laboratory of Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, School of Life Sciences, State Key Laboratory of Analytical Chemistry for Life Science, Nanjing University, 22 Hankou Road, Nanjing 210093, PR China
J Biol Chem 288:9508-18. 2013....
- MicroRNA-31 sensitizes human breast cells to apoptosis by direct targeting of protein kinase C epsilon (PKCepsilon)Cindy Körner
Division of Molecular Genome Analysis, German Cancer Research Center DKFZ, Heidelberg, Germany
J Biol Chem 288:8750-61. 2013..Furthermore, we found an inverse correlation between miR-31 and BCL2 expression, highlighting the functional relevance of the indirect down-regulation of BCL2 via direct targeting of PRKCE by miR-31...
- Decreased expression of microRNA-31 associates with aggressive tumor progression and poor prognosis in patients with bladder cancerS Wang
Department of Urology, The First Affiliated Hospital, Bengbu Medical College, Bengbu, 233030, China
Clin Transl Oncol 15:849-54. 2013..However, its clinical significance in human bladder cancer has not yet been elucidated. Thus, the purpose of this study was to investigate the diagnostic and prognostic values of miR-31 in this disease...
- Concordant and discordant regulation of target genes by miR-31 and its isoformsYu Tzu Chan
Institute of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan
PLoS ONE 8:e58169. 2013..Coupled with the variations in the distribution of isomiRs among different cells or conditions, our findings support the possibility of fine-tuning gene expression by miRNAs...
- miR-31 is upregulated in oral premalignant epithelium and contributes to the immortalization of normal oral keratinocytesPei Shih Hung
Department of Surgery
Carcinogenesis 35:1162-71. 2014..The targeting of downstream factors by miR-31 may further advance the neoplastic progression of immortalized NOKs, allowing them to become malignant. ..
- MiR-31 is an independent prognostic factor and functions as an oncomir in cervical cancer via targeting ARID1ANan Wang
Key Laboratory of Molecular Biophysics of the Ministry of Education, College of Life Science and Technology, Center for Human Genome Research, Cardio X Institute, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, China
Gynecol Oncol 134:129-37. 2014..MicroRNAs(miRNAs) play important roles in tumor development and progression. The purposes of this study were to investigate the role of miR-31 in cervical cancer and clarified the regulation of ARID1A by miR-31...
- A pleiotropically acting microRNA, miR-31, inhibits breast cancer metastasisScott Valastyan
Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research, Cambridge, MA 02142, USA
Cell 137:1032-46. 2009..Indeed, RhoA re-expression partially reverses miR-31-imposed metastasis suppression. These findings indicate that miR-31 uses multiple mechanisms to oppose metastasis...
- MicroRNA-31 functions as an oncogenic microRNA in mouse and human lung cancer cells by repressing specific tumor suppressorsXi Liu
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, New Hampshire 03755, USA
J Clin Invest 120:1298-309. 2010..Together, these findings revealed that miR-31 acts as an oncogenic miRNA (oncomir) in lung cancer by targeting specific tumor suppressors for repression...
- Pro-tumorigenic effects of miR-31 loss in mesotheliomaSergey V Ivanov
Department of Otolaryngology, Vanderbilt School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee 37232, USA
J Biol Chem 285:22809-17. 2010..Taken together, our data suggest that tumor-suppressive propensity of miR-31 can be used for development of new therapies against mesothelioma and other cancers that show loss of the 9p21.3 chromosome...
- miR-31 functions as a negative regulator of lymphatic vascular lineage-specific differentiation in vitro and vascular development in vivoDeena M Leslie Pedrioli
Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, ETH Zurich, Wolfgang Pauli Str 10, HCI H303, CH 8093 Zurich, Switzerland
Mol Cell Biol 30:3620-34. 2010..Collectively, our findings identify miR-31 is a potent regulator of vascular lineage-specific differentiation and development in vertebrates...
- Increase of microRNA miR-31 level in plasma could be a potential marker of oral cancerC J Liu
Institute of Oral Biology, School of Dentistry, National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan
Oral Dis 16:360-4. 2010..miR-31 was found markedly up-regulated in OSCC and several other malignancies. However, miR-31 expression was also down-regulated in the metastasis process of breast carcinoma...
- Molecular profiling uncovers a p53-associated role for microRNA-31 in inhibiting the proliferation of serous ovarian carcinomas and other cancersChad J Creighton
Department of Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Cancer Res 70:1906-15. 2010..b>MIR31 and CDKN2A, which encode p14(ARF) and p16(INK4A), are located at 9p21...
- miR-31 ablates expression of the HIF regulatory factor FIH to activate the HIF pathway in head and neck carcinomaChung Ji Liu
Institute of Oral Biology and Institute of Biochemistry, National Yang Ming University, Taipei 112, Taiwan
Cancer Res 70:1635-44. 2010..Lastly, increased miR-31 expression was correlated with decreased levels of FIH in tumor tissues. Our findings suggest that miR-31 contributes to the development of HNSCC by impeding FIH to activate HIF under normoxic conditions...
- Down-regulation of miR-31 expression in gastric cancer tissues and its clinical significanceYuanyuan Zhang
Ningbo University School of Medicine, 315211, Ningbo, China
Med Oncol 27:685-9. 2010..This new information may help to clarify the molecular mechanisms involved in gastric carcinogenesis and to indicate that miR-31 may be a novel diagnostic biomarker of gastric cancer...
- miR-21 and miR-31 converge on TIAM1 to regulate migration and invasion of colon carcinoma cellsCharisa L Cottonham
University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, Massachusetts 01605, USA
J Biol Chem 285:35293-302. 2010..Therefore, we have uncovered miR-21 and miR-31 as downstream effectors of TGF-β in facilitating invasion and metastasis of colon carcinoma cells...
- Clinicopathological significance of microRNA-31, -143 and -145 expression in colorectal cancerChao Jie Wang
Department of Colorectal Surgery, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu, China
Dis Markers 26:27-34. 2009..In conclusion, the miR-31 overexpression may be involved in the development and progression of CRC. The miR-143 and miR-145 may play a certain role in the development of colon and/or rectal cancers but not in progression of the disease...
- The role of miR-31 and its target gene SATB2 in cancer-associated fibroblastsOlga Aprelikova
Laboratory of Tumor and Stem Cell Biology, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD, USA
Cell Cycle 9:4387-98. 2010..These findings provide new insights into tumor-stroma interaction and document that miR-31 and its target gene SATB2, are involved in regulation of tumor cell motility...
- Cigarette smoke induces C/EBP-β-mediated activation of miR-31 in normal human respiratory epithelia and lung cancer cellsSichuan Xi
Thoracic Oncology Section, Surgery Branch, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e13764. 2010..The present study was undertaken to examine expression and function of miRNAs induced by cigarette smoke condensate (CSC) in normal human respiratory epithelia and lung cancer cells...
- Suppression of microRNA-31 increases sensitivity to 5-FU at an early stage, and affects cell migration and invasion in HCT-116 colon cancer cellsChao Jie Wang
Division of Oncology, Department of Clinical and Experiment Medicine, University of Linkoping, Linkoping, Sweden
BMC Cancer 10:616. 2010..Although several studies have shown that microRNA-31 (miR-31) is obviously up-regulated in colorectal cancer (CRC), there is no study on the functional roles of miR-31 in CRC...
- WAVE3, an actin remodeling protein, is regulated by the metastasis suppressor microRNA, miR-31, during the invasion-metastasis cascadeKhalid Sossey-Alaoui
Department of Molecular Cardiology, Lerner Research Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Int J Cancer 129:1331-43. 2011..The study also identifies a critical role for WAVE3, downstream of miR-31, in the invasion-metastasis cascade...
- Deficiency of the microRNA-31-microRNA-720 pathway in the plasma and endothelial progenitor cells from patients with coronary artery diseaseHsei Wei Wang
From the Institute of Microbiology and Immunology, School of Life Science H W W, T S H, H H L, K H L, C F T, Y C C, Y L C, Cancer Research Center and Genome Research Center H W W, School of Medicine P H H, C C L, and Cardiovascular Research Center P H H, National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine P H H and Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine C C L, Taipei Veterans General Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan Department of Education and Research, Taipei City Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan H W W Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Hsin Chu Mackay Memorial Hospital, Hsin Chu, Taiwan S J C, C H T, C H C and Division of Cardiology, Department of Internal Medicine, Tri Service General Hospital, National Defense Medical Center, Taipei, Taiwan T N T, C C C, S M C
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 34:857-69. 2014..Endothelial progenitor cells (EPCs) play a fundamental role in postnatal vascular repair and CAD. The role of microRNAs in CAD pathogenesis and their potential as biomarkers remain to be elucidated...
- Effects of miR-31 on the osteogenesis of human mesenchymal stem cellsQing Xie
Department of Ophthalmology, Ninth People s Hospital, Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, Shanghai, China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 446:98-104. 2014..Most importantly, the knockdown of SATB2 attenuated miR-31's osteogenic effects. Taken together, our findings suggest that miR-31 regulates the osteogenesis of hMSCs by targeting SATB2. ..
- Expression of 19 microRNAs in glioblastoma and comparison with other brain neoplasia of grades I-IIIMichela Visani
Department of Pharmacy and Biotechnology, FaBiT, University of Bologna, Via Belmeloro 6, 40126 Bologna, Italy
Mol Oncol 8:417-30. 2014..This study provides further data for the identification of a miRNA profile for glioblastoma and suggests that different-grade neoplasia could be characterized by different expression of specific miRNAs. ..
- MicroRNA-31 contributes to colorectal cancer development by targeting factor inhibiting HIF-1α (FIH-1)Tao Chen
Endoscopic Center Zhongshan Hospital Fudan University Shanghai, PR China
Cancer Biol Ther 15:516-23. 2014..These findings highlight the critical role of miR-31/FIH-1 nexus in CRC and reveal the contribution of miR-31 to CRC development by targeting FIH-1. ..
- microRNA 31 functions as an endometrial cancer oncogene by suppressing Hippo tumor suppressor pathwayTakashi Mitamura
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, N15, W7, Sapporo, Kita ku 060 8638, Japan
Mol Cancer 13:97. 2014We aimed to investigate whether MIR31 is an oncogene in human endometrial cancer and identify the target molecules associated with the malignant phenotype.
- MicroRNA-31 is significantly elevated in both human endometrium and serum during the window of implantation: a potential biomarker for optimum receptivityJessica D K Kresowik
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa
Biol Reprod 91:17. 2014..Our data suggest that miR-31 is a potential biomarker for optimal endometrial receptivity, possibly operating through an immunosuppressive mechanism. ..
- MicroRNA-31 suppresses medulloblastoma cell growth by inhibiting DNA replication through minichromosome maintenance 2Yucui Jin
Department of Developmental Genetics, School of Basic Medical Sciences, Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, Jiangsu, China These authors contributed equally to this work
Oncotarget 5:4821-33. 2014..Taken together, these data indicate that miR-31 suppresses medulloblastoma tumorigenesis by negatively regulating DNA replication via MCM2. ..
- Klf4 inhibits tumor growth and metastasis by targeting microRNA-31 in human hepatocellular carcinomaChuan Tian
Department of Oncology, Shanghai First People s Hospital affiliated to Shanghai Jiaotong University, Shanghai, P R China
Int J Mol Med 39:47-56. 2017..Taken together, our findings indicate that Klf4 directly regulates miR‑31 in HCC. Thus, miR-31 may serve as a potential diagnostic marker and therapeutic target in HCC...
- MicroRNA-31 is overexpressed in cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma and regulates cell motility and colony formation ability of tumor cellsAoxue Wang
Unit of Dermatology and Venereology, Department of Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
PLoS ONE 9:e103206. 2014..These results indicate that miR-31 regulates cancer-associated phenotypes of cSCC and identify miR-31 as a potential target for cSCC treatment...
- Polycomb protein EZH2 suppresses apoptosis by silencing the proapoptotic miR-31Q Zhang
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, North Dakota State University, Fargo, ND 58108, USA
Cell Death Dis 5:e1486. 2014..Thus, EZH2 integrates the epigenetic silencing of miR-205 and miR-31 to confer resistance to chemotherapy-induced apoptosis. ..
- Upregulation of microRNA-31 associates with a poor prognosis of malignant pleural mesothelioma with sarcomatoid componentShinji Matsumoto
Department of Health Sciences, Faculty of Medical Sciences, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Maidashi 3 1 1, Higashi ku, Fukuoka, Japan
Med Oncol 31:303. 2014..0027). In conclusion, the analysis of miR-31 expression levels may be a good biomarker for diagnosis of MPM histological typing and predicting the prognosis...
- Novel long noncoding RNAs (lncRNAs) in myogenesis: a miR-31 overlapping lncRNA transcript controls myoblast differentiationMonica Ballarino
Dept of Biology and Biotechnology Charles Darwin, Sapienza University of Rome, Rome, Italy
Mol Cell Biol 35:728-36. 2015....
- MicroRNA-31 functions as a tumor suppressor by regulating cell cycle and epithelial-mesenchymal transition regulatory proteins in liver cancerHyung Seok Kim
Lab of Oncogenomics, Department of Pathology, College of Medicine, The Catholic University of Korea, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Oncotarget 6:8089-102. 2015..Overall, we suggest that miR-31 functions as a tumor suppressor by selectively regulating cell cycle and EMT regulatory proteins in human hepatocarcinogenesis providing a novel target for the molecular treatment of liver malignancies...
- MicroRNA-31 controls G protein alpha-13 (GNA13) expression and cell invasion in breast cancer cellsSuhail Ahmed Kabeer Rasheed
Program in Cancer and Stem Cell Biology, Duke NUS Graduate Medical School, 8 College Road, 169857, Singapore, Singapore
Mol Cancer 14:67. 2015..This project was carried out to determine (i) whether enhanced GNA13 expression is important for breast cancer cell invasion, and (ii) if so, the mechanism of deregulation of GNA13 expression in breast cancers...
- MicroRNA-31 inhibits lung adenocarcinoma stem-like cells via down-regulation of MET-PI3K-Akt signaling pathwayChunying Hou
Department of Pharmacology, Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and School of Basic Medicine, Peking Union Medical College, No 5 Dong Dan San Tiao, Beijing 100005, China
Anticancer Agents Med Chem 16:501-18. 2016..These results suggest that miR-31 might inhibit the growth of lung adenocarcinoma cancer stem-like cells via down regulation of the MET-PI3K-Akt signaling pathway. ..
- Growth-inhibitory and chemosensitizing effects of microRNA-31 in human glioblastoma multiforme cellsRong Jing Zhou
Luqiao Hospital of Taizhou Enze Medical Center Group, Taizhou, Zhejiang 318050, P R China
Int J Mol Med 36:1159-64. 2015..Thus, the restoration of miR-31 expression may be of therapeutic beenefit in the treatment of GBM. ..
- Over-expression of miR-31 or loss of KCNMA1 leads to increased cisplatin resistance in ovarian cancer cellsPriya Samuel
Department of Biological and Medical Sciences, Faculty of Health and Life Sciences, Oxford Brookes University, Gipsy Lane, Oxford, OX3 0BP, UK
Tumour Biol 37:2565-73. 2016..Here we show that miR-31 and KCNMA1 are involved in mediating cisplatin resistance in ovarian cancer. Our data gives a new insight into the potential mechanisms to therapeutically target in cisplatin resistance common to ovarian cancer. ..
- Stage-Specific miRs in Chondrocyte Maturation: Differentiation-Dependent and Hypertrophy-Related miR Clusters and the miR-181 FamilyJessica Gabler
1 Research Centre for Experimental Orthopaedics, Orthopaedic University Hospital Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Tissue Eng Part A 21:2840-51. 2015..We conclude that the here identified stage-dependent miR clusters may have imperative functions during chondrocyte differentiation providing novel diagnostic tools and targets of potential relevance for OA development. ..
- Adipose-Derived Stem Cells Induce Angiogenesis via Microvesicle Transport of miRNA-31Ting Kang
Division of Cardiology, The First Affiliated Hospital, Nanchang University, Nanchang, People s Republic of China Cardiovascular Research Institute, Morehouse School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Stem Cells Transl Med 5:440-50. 2016..Our findings provide the first evidence that MVs from ASCs, particularly from EDM-preconditioned ASCs, promote angiogenesis and the delivery of miR-31 may contribute the proangiogenic effect...
- Hsa-miRNA-31 regulates epithelial cell barrier function by inhibiting TNFSF15 expressionX Nan
Shihezi University Shihezi China
Cell Mol Biol (Noisy-le-grand) 62:104-10. 2016..Taken together, these results revealed a novel mecha-nism underlying the regulation of epithelial barrier function by miRNA-31 during its regulation on proliferation of epithelial cells. ..
- Efficacy and Toxicity of Panitumumab After Progression on Cetuximab and Predictive Value of MiR-31-5p in Metastatic Wild-type KRAS Colorectal Cancer PatientsIgor Kiss
Department of Comprehensive Cancer Care, Masaryk Memorial Cancer Institute, Brno, Czech Republic
Anticancer Res 36:4955-9. 2016..However, few studies have demonstrated that a small subset of mCRC patients may benefit from panitumumab in this setting...
- Association of microRNA-31 with BRAF mutation, colorectal cancer survival and serrated pathwayKatsuhiko Nosho
Department of Gastroenterology, Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology, Sapporo Medical University School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
Carcinogenesis 35:776-83. 2014..Thus, miR-31 may be a promising diagnostic biomarker and therapeutic target in colon cancers. Moreover, high miR-31 expression in serrated lesions suggested that miR-31 may be a key molecule in serrated pathway. ..
- Concomitant microRNA-31 downregulation and radixin upregulation predicts advanced tumor progression and unfavorable prognosis in patients with gliomasShuai Wang
Department of Neurosurgery, Second Hospital of Hebei Medical University, No 215, Hepingxi Road, Shijiazhuang City, Hebei Province 050000 China
J Neurol Sci 338:71-6. 2014..To clarify the clinical significance of microRNA-31 (miR-31) and radixin (RDX) in human glioma...
- MicroRNA expression profiling of human bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells during osteogenic differentiation reveals Osterix regulation by miR-31Serena Rubina Baglìo
Laboratory for Orthopedic Pathophysiology and Regenerative Medicine, Istituto Ortopedico Rizzoli, Via Di Barbiano 1 10, 40136, Bologna Italy
Gene 527:321-31. 2013..Our results define a miRNA signature characterizing the osteogenic differentiation of MSCs and provide evidence for the involvement of miR-31 in the regulation of the bone-specific transcription factor Osterix. ..
- Upregulation of miR-31* is negatively associated with recurrent/newly formed oral leukoplakiaWen Xiao
Department of Oral Mucosal Diseases, Shanghai Ninth People s Hospital, Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, Shanghai Key Laboratory of Stomatology, Shanghai, China
PLoS ONE 7:e38648. 2012..Oral leukoplakia (OLK) is a potentially malignant disorder of the oral cavity. However, the underlying mechanism of OLK is still unclear. In this study, we explore possible miRNAs involved in OLK...
- High level of miR-21, miR-10b, and miR-31 expression in bilateral vs. unilateral breast carcinomasAglaya G Iyevleva
Laboratory of Molecular Oncology, N N Petrov Institute of Oncology, Pesochny 2, 197758, St Petersburg, Russia
Breast Cancer Res Treat 131:1049-59. 2012..004). This study suggests that bilateral breast tumors have somewhat distinct pattern of molecular events as compared to the unilateral disease...
- Human miR-31 targets radixin and inhibits migration and invasion of glioma cellsDasong Hua
Division of Systems Biology, Zhejiang California International Nanosystems Institute ZCNI, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310029, PR China
Oncol Rep 27:700-6. 2012..Finally, we demonstrated that miR-31 targeted radixin predominantly via inhibition of protein translation instead of degradation of mRNA...
- Reduced miR-31 and let-7 maintain the balance between differentiation and quiescence in lung cancer stem-like side population cellsShen Hua
Department of Oncology, The First Affiliated Hospital of Nanjing Medical University, Guangzhou Road 300, Nanjing 210029, PR China
Biomed Pharmacother 66:89-97. 2012..These findings indicate that reduced miR-31 and let-7 are involved in maintaining the balance between differentiation and quiescence in SP cells...
- The microRNAs, MiR-31 and MiR-375, as candidate markers in Barrett's esophageal carcinogenesisRom S Leidner
Division of Hematology and Oncology, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 51:473-9. 2012..Taken together, we propose miR-31 and -375 as novel candidate microRNAs specifically associated with early- and late-stage malignant progression, respectively, in Barrett's esophagus...
- Both inhibition and enhanced expression of miR-31 lead to reduced migration and invasion of pancreatic cancer cellsEeva M Laurila
Institute of Biomedical Technology, University of Tampere and Centre for Laboratory Medicine, Tampere University Hospital, Tampere, Finland
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 51:557-68. 2012..This study highlights a specific miRNA expression pattern in pancreatic cancer and reveals that manipulation of miR-31 expression leads to reduced cell migration and invasion in pancreatic cancer...
- Downregulation of miR-31, miR-155, and miR-564 in chronic myeloid leukemia cellsOshrat Hershkovitz Rokah
Felsenstein Medical Research Center, Beilinson Hospital, Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
PLoS ONE 7:e35501. 2012..Our objective is to decipher a miRNA expression signature associated with CML and to determine potential target genes and signaling pathways affected by these signature miRNAs...
- miR-31 is a negative regulator of fibrogenesis and pulmonary fibrosisShanzhong Yang
Department of Medicine, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
FASEB J 26:3790-9. 2012....
- Differential expression of microRNAs miR-21, miR-31, miR-203, miR-125a-5p and miR-125b and proteins PTEN and p63 in verrucous carcinoma of the head and neckKatarina Odar
Medical Faculty, Institute of Pathology, University of Ljubljana, Ljubljana, Slovenia
Histopathology 61:257-65. 2012..To investigate the expression of microRNAs miR-21, miR-31, miR-203, miR-125a-5p and miR-125b and proteins phosphatase and tensin homologue (PTEN) and p63 in verrucous carcinoma (VC) of the head and neck...
- Identification of microRNA-31 as a novel regulator contributing to impaired interleukin-2 production in T cells from patients with systemic lupus erythematosusWei Fan
Joint Molecular Rheumatology Laboratory of the Institute of Health Sciences, Shanghai Jiaotong University School of Medicine, Chinese Academy of Sciences, China
Arthritis Rheum 64:3715-25. 2012..The miR-31 microRNA has been found to be markedly underexpressed in patients with SLE, and thus the present study was undertaken to investigate the role of miR-31 in IL-2 defects in lupus T cells...
- Passenger strand miRNA miR-31* regulates the phenotypes of oral cancer cells by targeting RhoAKuo wei Chang
Institute of Oral Biology and Department of Dentistry, School of Dentistry, National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan
Oral Oncol 49:27-33. 2013..miR-31 is an oncogenic miRNA and is up-regulated in oral squamous cell carcinoma (OSCC). miR-31(*) shows a high level of conservation across species and, based on this, this study hypothesized that miR-31(*) is a functional miRNA...
- MicroRNA-31 is overexpressed in psoriasis and modulates inflammatory cytokine and chemokine production in keratinocytes via targeting serine/threonine kinase 40Ning Xu
Molecular Dermatology Research Group, Unit of Dermatology and Venereology, Department of Medicine, Karolinska Institute, SE 17176 Stockholm, Sweden
J Immunol 190:678-88. 2013..Our data indicate that inhibition of miR-31 may be a potential therapeutic option in psoriasis...
- miR-31 regulates interleukin 2 and kinase suppressor of ras 2 during T cell activationF Xue
Department of Liver Surgery and Liver Transplantation, Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, Ren Ji Hospital, Shanghai, China
Genes Immun 14:127-31. 2013..In conclusion, our study demonstrated that miR-31 upregulated IL-2 expression via reduction of its up-stream kinase suppressor, KSR2, and is a component of T cell activation...
- MicroRNA-31 controls phenotypic modulation of human vascular smooth muscle cells by regulating its target gene cellular repressor of E1A-stimulated genesJie Wang
Xijing Hospital, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an 710032, China
Exp Cell Res 319:1165-75. 2013..These novel findings may have extensive implications for the diagnosis and therapy of a variety of proliferative vascular diseases...
- MicroRNA-31-5p modulates cell cycle by targeting human mutL homolog 1 in human cancer cellsZhiwei Zhong
Institute of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, School of Medicine, Ningbo University, 818 Fenghua Road, Ningbo, China
Tumour Biol 34:1959-65. 2013..Data from this study revealed that miR-31-5p modulates cell cycle by targeting hMLH1 protein at the posttranscriptional level in NSCLC, which may represent a novel therapy strategy for lung cancer by targeting miR-31-5p...
- The M type K15 protein of Kaposi's sarcoma-associated herpesvirus regulates microRNA expression via its SH2-binding motif to induce cell migration and invasionYuan Hau Tsai
Department of Teaching and Research, Institute of Microbiology and Immunology, National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan
J Virol 83:622-32. 2009..In light of these findings, the targeting of K15 or the downstream microRNAs regulated by it may represent novel therapies for treatment of KSHV-associated neoplasia...
- Cutting edge: TNF-induced microRNAs regulate TNF-induced expression of E-selectin and intercellular adhesion molecule-1 on human endothelial cells: feedback control of inflammationYajaira Suarez
Department of Immunobiology and Interdepartmental Program in Vascular Biology and Therapeutics, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520 8089, USA
J Immunol 184:21-5. 2010..Conversely, transfections with mimics of these miRNAs decreased neutrophil adhesion to endothelial cells. These data suggest that miRNAs provide negative feedback control of inflammation...
- Human natural Treg microRNA signature: role of microRNA-31 and microRNA-21 in FOXP3 expressionRedouane Rouas
Laboratory of Experimental Hematology, Institut Jules Bordet, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Bruxelles, Belgium
Eur J Immunol 39:1608-18. 2009..In conclusion, not only have we identified and validated a miR signature for human natural Treg, but also unveiled some of the mechanisms by which this signature was related to the control of FOXP3 expression in these cells...
- Dynamic changes in the expression of MicroRNA-31 during inflammatory bowel disease-associated neoplastic transformationAlexandru V Olaru
Department of Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland 21231, USA
Inflamm Bowel Dis 17:221-31. 2011..In the current study we sought to identify specific miR dysregulation along the normal-inflammation-cancer axis...
- MicroRNA expression during osteogenic differentiation of human multipotent mesenchymal stromal cells from bone marrowJie Gao
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Tangdu Hospital, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an, Shanxi 710038, PR China
J Cell Biochem 112:1844-56. 2011..Finally, hsa-miR-31 was selected for target verification and function analysis. The results of this study provide an experimental basis for further research on miRNA functions during osteogenic differentiation of human MSCs...
- miR-31 modulates dystrophin expression: new implications for Duchenne muscular dystrophy therapyDavide Cacchiarelli
Department of Biology and Biotechnology C Darwin, Institut Pasteur Cenci Bolognetti and IBPM Sapienza, University of Rome, Piazzele Aldo Moro 5, Rome 00185, Italy
EMBO Rep 12:136-41. 2011..These results indicate that interfering with miR-31 activity can provide an ameliorating strategy for those DMD therapies that are aimed at efficiently recovering dystrophin synthesis...