Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MIR200A
Description: microRNA 200a
- miR-200 Inhibits lung adenocarcinoma cell invasion and metastasis by targeting Flt1/VEGFR1Jonathon D Roybal
University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Box 432, 1515 Holcombe Blvd, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Mol Cancer Res 9:25-35. 2011..Flt1 knockdown decreased the growth and metastasis of tumor cells in syngeneic mice. We conclude that miR-200 suppresses lung tumorigenesis by targeting Flt1...
- miR-141 and miR-200a act on ovarian tumorigenesis by controlling oxidative stress responseBogdan Mateescu
Stress and Cancer Laboratory, Institut Curie, Paris, France
Nat Med 17:1627-35. 2011..The miR200a-dependent stress signature correlates with improved survival of patients in response to treatment...
- Biochemical relapse following radical prostatectomy and miR-200a levels in prostate cancerNiall Barron
National Institute for Cellular Biotechnology, Dublin City University, Dublin, Ireland
Prostate 72:1193-9. 2012..MicroRNA (miRNA) levels are altered in cancer and are associated with progression of disease. The miR-200 family has roles in prostate cancer...
- MicroRNA-200a inhibits CD133/1+ ovarian cancer stem cells migration and invasion by targeting E-cadherin repressor ZEB2Qiuhua Wu
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Third Afﬁliated Hospital of Guangzhou Medical College, Guangzhou 510150, China
Gynecol Oncol 122:149-54. 2011..The aim of the study was to elucidate the mechanism of miR-200a involved in migration and invasion in CD133/1+ ovarian cancer stem cells (OCSCs)...
- Coordinated epigenetic repression of the miR-200 family and miR-205 in invasive bladder cancerErik D Wiklund
Department of Molecular Biology, Aarhus University, Aarhus C, Denmark
Int J Cancer 128:1327-34. 2011..TWIST1 associates directly with the miR-200 and miR-205 promoters, and may act as a repressor of miR-200 and miR-205 expression...
- Downregulated microRNA-200a in meningiomas promotes tumor growth by reducing E-cadherin and activating the Wnt/beta-catenin signaling pathwayOkay Saydam
Department of Neurology, Massachusetts General Hospital, and Neuroscience Program, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02129, USA
Mol Cell Biol 29:5923-40. 2009....
- A miR-200 microRNA cluster as prognostic marker in advanced ovarian cancerXiaoxia Hu
Department of Radiation Oncology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Gynecol Oncol 114:457-64. 2009..A reliable method that could predict disease outcome would improve care of patients with this disease. The main aim of this study is to identify novel prognostic biomarkers for advanced ovarian cancer...
- The miR-200 family determines the epithelial phenotype of cancer cells by targeting the E-cadherin repressors ZEB1 and ZEB2Sun Mi Park
The Ben May Department for Cancer Research, The University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
Genes Dev 22:894-907. 2008..Conversely, inhibition of miR-200 reduced E-cadherin expression, increased expression of Vimentin, and induced EMT. Our data identify miR-200 as a powerful marker and determining factor of the epithelial phenotype of cancer cells...
- Loss of microRNA-200a expression correlates with tumor progression in breast cancerKiseok Jang
Department of Pathology, College of Medicine, Hanyang University, Seoul, Republic of Korea Electronic address
Transl Res 163:242-51. 2014..ISH can be used to detect miRNAs in FFPE sections, and should permit the validation of miRNAs as biomarkers in large clinical samples. ..
- Ovarian cancer cell invasiveness is associated with discordant exosomal sequestration of Let-7 miRNA and miR-200Miharu Kobayashi
Centre for Clinical Diagnostics, Royal Brisbane and Women s Hospital, University of Queensland Centre for Clinical Research, Building 71 918, Herston, Queensland 4029, Australia
J Transl Med 12:4. 2014..The hypothesis to be tested was that ovarian cancer cell invasiveness is associated with altered release of exosomes and discordant exosomal sequestration of miRNA...
- MiR-200a is involved in proliferation and apoptosis in the human endometrial adenocarcinoma cell line HEC-1B by targeting the tumor suppressor PTENRong Li
Laboratory of Reproductive Biology, Chongqing Medical University, No 1 Yixueyuan Rd, Box 197, Chongqing, 400016, People s Republic of China
Mol Biol Rep 41:1977-84. 2014..Taken together, we propose that in HEC-1B cells, miR-200a functions as an oncogene, affecting proliferation and apoptosis by regulating the expression of the tumor suppressor PTEN at the translational level...
- Matched miRNA and mRNA signatures from an hESC-based in vitro model of pancreatic differentiation reveal novel regulatory interactionsXiaoyan Liao
Department of Reproductive Medicine, University of California, San Diego, California, USA
J Cell Sci 126:3848-61. 2013..These findings suggest that precise control of target mRNA expression by miRNAs ensures proper lineage specification during pancreatic development. ..
- MiR-200a regulates epithelial to mesenchymal transition-related gene expression and determines prognosis in colorectal cancer patientsM Pichler
1 Division of Oncology, Department of Internal Medicine, Medical University of Graz MUG, Graz, Austria 2 Department of Experimental Therapeutics, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, USA
Br J Cancer 110:1614-21. 2014..In this study, we therefore globally profiled miRNAs associated with E-cadherin expression in CRC cells in an attempt to identify miRNAs that are associated with aggressive clinical course in CRC patients...
- microRNA expressions in CD4+ and CD8+ T-cell subsets in autoimmune thyroid diseasesC Bernecker
Division for Endocrinology, Department of Endocrinology and Diabetes, Medical Faculty, Heinrich Heine University Dusseldorf, Germany
Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes 122:107-12. 2014..These data may help to better understand the gene regulations in the causative cells causing these autoimmune processes. They extend our very limited knowledge concerning miRNAs in thyroid diseases. ..
- The biphasic expression pattern of miR-200a and E-cadherin in epithelial ovarian cancer and its correlation with clinicopathological featuresShaohua Xu
Department of Biomedical Science, Mercer University School of Medicine, Savanna, GA 31410, USA Changzhou Maternal and Child Health Hospital Affiliated to Nanjing Medical University, Changzhou 213000, China
Curr Pharm Des 20:1888-95. 2014....
- Host microRNA regulation of human cytomegalovirus immediate early protein translation promotes viral latencyChristine M O'Connor
Department of Molecular Genetics, Lerner Research Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
J Virol 88:5524-32. 2014..Cells permissive for lytic replication demonstrate low levels of these miRNAs. We propose that cellular miRNA regulation of HCMV is critical for maintenance of viral latency...
- microRNA-200a inhibits cell proliferation by targeting mitochondrial transcription factor A in breast cancerJia Yao
1 Department of General Surgery, The Second Xiangya Hospital of Central South University, Changsha, China
DNA Cell Biol 33:291-300. 2014....
- Differential expression of miR200a-3p and miR21 in grade II-III and grade IV gliomas: evidence that miR200a-3p is regulated by O⁶-methylguanine methyltransferase and promotes temozolomide responsivenessYolande Berthois
Aix Marseille Université Inserm CRO2 UMR_S 911 Marseille, France
Cancer Biol Ther 15:938-50. 2014..oncogenic miR21 has been shown to be overexpressed in gliomas, the expression and function of the tumor-supressor miR200a in GBMs remains unknown. In this study, we show that miR21 is upregulated in grade IV (GBMs) vs...
- The TGFβ-miR200-MIG6 pathway orchestrates the EMT-associated kinase switch that induces resistance to EGFR inhibitorsEvgeny Izumchenko
Authors Affiliations Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine and
Cancer Res 74:3995-4005. 2014....
- The role of miR-200a in mammalian epithelial cell transformationLindsey E Becker
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, School of Medicine, University of Louisville, 319 Abraham Flexner Way, Louisville, KY 40202, USA
Carcinogenesis 36:2-12. 2015..These results demonstrate an oncogenic role for miR-200a and provide a specific cellular context where miR-200a acts as an oncomiR rather than a tumor suppressor by cooperating with an oncogene in malignant cell transformation. ..
- MiR200-upregulated Vasohibin 2 promotes the malignant transformation of tumors by inducing epithelial-mesenchymal transition in hepatocellular carcinomaXiaofeng Xue
Department of General Surgery, The First Affiliated Hospital with Nanjing Medical University, 300 Guangzhou Road, Nanjing, 210029, China
Cell Commun Signal 12:62. 2014..Previously, we reported that Vasohibin2 (VASH2) is preferentially expressed in hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) tumor tissues and promotes angiogenesis. Here, we further investigated the role of VASH2 in HCC tumor progression...
- MiR-200a impairs glioma cell growth, migration, and invasion by targeting SIM2-sYuhang Su
Departments of aEmergency Surgery bNeurosurgery, Qilu Hospital of Shandong University cBrain Science Research Institute, Shandong University, Jinan dDepartment of Neurology, The Affiliated Yantai Yuhuangding Hospital of Qingdao Medical College, Yantai, China
Neuroreport 25:12-7. 2014..Finally, blockage of miR-200a expression in a mouse model of human glioma resulted in significant promotion of tumor growth. These findings suggest that miR-200a could serve as a therapeutic tool for glioma. ..
- Overexpression of miR-200a protects cardiomyocytes against hypoxia-induced apoptosis by modulating the kelch-like ECH-associated protein 1-nuclear factor erythroid 2-related factor 2 signaling axisXiaoxia Sun
Department of Cardiology 3, Xianyang Central Hospital, Xianyang, Shaanxi 712000, P R China
Int J Mol Med 38:1303-11. 2016....
- Metastasis is regulated via microRNA-200/ZEB1 axis control of tumour cell PD-L1 expression and intratumoral immunosuppressionLimo Chen
1 Department of Thoracic Head and Neck Medical Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA 2 Department of Immunology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Nat Commun 5:5241. 2014....
- miR-200a overexpression in advanced ovarian carcinomas as a prognostic indicatorCheng liang Zhu
Department of Clinical Laboratory, Renmin Hospital of Wuhan University, Wuhan, China E mail
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 15:8595-601. 2014..miR-200a expression is frequently altered in numerous cancers. The aim of the present study was to determine the role of microRNA-200a in advanced ovarian carcinomas...
- Overexpression of miR-200a suppresses epithelial-mesenchymal transition of liver cancer stem cellsJianlin Wang
Department of Hepatobiliary Surgery, Xijing Hospital, Fourth Military Medical University, 127 West Changle Street, Xi an, Shaan Xi, 710032, People s Republic of China
Tumour Biol 36:2447-56. 2015....
- miR-200a suppresses cell growth and migration by targeting MACC1 and predicts prognosis in hepatocellular carcinomaJiye Feng
Department of Hepatobiliary Surgery, Ningbo Yinzhou People s Hospital Yinzhou Hospital Affiliated to Medical School of Ningbo University, Ningbo, Zhejiang 315040, P R China
Oncol Rep 33:713-20. 2015..These findings suggest that miR-200a may be recognized as a novel potential biomarker to predict the survival of patients with HCCs following liver transplantation...
- Proteasome inhibitor-resistant cells cause EMT-induction via suppression of E-cadherin by miR-200 and ZEB1Tadashi Asakura
Department of Biochemistry, Jikei University School of Medicine, Tokyo 105 8461, Japan
Int J Oncol 46:2251-60. 2015..Since suppression of ZEB1 in Ish/EXM cells by treatment with its siRNA did not restore the miR-200 family expression, miR-200 family was placed upstream of ZEB1 to regulate the expression...
- Expression of dicer and its related miRNAs in the progression of prostate cancerXiaojie Bian
Department of Urology, Fudan University Shanghai Cancer Center, Shanghai, China Department of Oncology, Shanghai Medical College, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
PLoS ONE 10:e0120159. 2015....
- MicroRNA-200a suppresses metastatic potential of side population cells in human hepatocellular carcinoma by decreasing ZEB2Xisheng Yang
Department of Hepatobiliary Surgery, The Xijing Hospital of The Fourth Military Medical Uiversity, Xi an, China
Oncotarget 6:7918-29. 2015..The associations between miR-200a, SP cells and ZEB2 were validated in HCC. These findings reveal that miR-200a suppresses metastasis of SP cells by downregulating ZEB2...
- Loss of miR-200 family in 5-fluorouracil resistant colon cancer drives lymphendothelial invasiveness in vitroDaniel Senfter
Institute of Clinical Pathology and
Hum Mol Genet 24:3689-98. 2015..The data support the notion that horizontal miR-200 signalling prevents the permeation of cells into adjacent epithelia and contributes to organ integrity. ..
- Restin suppressed epithelial-mesenchymal transition and tumor metastasis in breast cancer cells through upregulating mir-200a/b expression via association with p73Zhenduo Lu
Department of Breast Surgery, Breast Cancer Center, Affiliated Cancer Hospital of Zhengzhou University, Henan Cancer Hospital, 127 Dongming Road, Zhengzhou, Henan, 450008, People s Republic of China
Mol Cancer 14:102. 2015..However, little information is available on its expression patterns and functions in vivo. Our study was performed to detect if Restin plays a role in breast cancer cells in vitro and in vivo...
- Stromal miR-200s contribute to breast cancer cell invasion through CAF activation and ECM remodelingX Tang
Key Laboratory of Laboratory Medical Diagnostics, Chinese Ministry of Education, Chongqing Medical University, 1 Yi Xue Yuan Road, Yu Zhong District, Chongqing 400016, China
Cell Death Differ 23:132-45. 2016..Thus, these data provide important and novel insights into breast CAF activation and ECM remodeling, which trigger tumor cell invasion...
- A Polycomb-mir200 loop regulates clinical outcome in bladder cancerMónica Martínez-Fernández
Molecular Oncology Unit, CIEMAT ed70A, 28040 Madrid, Spain
Oncotarget 6:42258-75. 2015..Since pharmacological inhibition of EZH2 in BC cell lines lead to increased miR-200 expression, our findings may support new therapeutic strategies for BC clinical management. ..
- MicroRNA-200a inhibits epithelial-mesenchymal transition in human hepatocellular carcinoma cell lineChong Zhong
Department of Hepatobiliary Surgery, The First Affiliated Hospital of Guangzhou University of Traditional Chinese Medicine Guangzhou 510405, P R China
Int J Clin Exp Pathol 8:9922-31. 2015..Our study investigated the role of microRNA (miR)-200a and its molecular targets in hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) cells...
- MicroRNA-200a mediates nasopharyngeal carcinoma cell proliferation through the activation of nuclear factor-κBZhuliang Shi
Department of Ear, Nose and Throat, People s Liberation Army 113th Hospital, Ningbo, Zhejiang 315000, P R China
Mol Med Rep 13:1732-8. 2016..The luciferase assay indicated that IκBα was the target gene of miR-200a. In conclusion, miR-200a was demonstrated to enhance NPC cell proliferation by activating the NF-κB signaling pathway...
- GRHL2-miR-200-ZEB1 maintains the epithelial status of ovarian cancer through transcriptional regulation and histone modificationVin Yee Chung
Cancer Science Institute of Singapore, National University of Singapore, Centre for Translational Medicine, 14 Medical Drive, 12 01, Singapore 117599
Sci Rep 6:19943. 2016..These findings support GRHL2 as a pivotal gatekeeper of EMT in EOC via miR-200-ZEB1...
- Niclosamide inhibits colon cancer progression through downregulation of the Notch pathway and upregulation of the tumor suppressor miR-200 familyMohammed A Suliman
Department of Clinical Biochemistry, Dalian Medical University, Dalian, Liaoning 116044, P R China
Int J Mol Med 38:776-84. 2016..Collectively, these findings demonstrate that niclosamide potentially inhibits the progression of colon cancer by downregulating Notch signaling and by upregulating the miR-200 family members. ..
- The microRNA-200 family targets multiple non-small cell lung cancer prognostic markers in H1299 cells and BEAS-2B cellsMaricica Pacurari
Mary Babb Randolph Cancer Center, West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV 26505, USA
Int J Oncol 43:548-60. 2013..These results provide new insights into miR-200 regulation in lung cancer metastasis and consequent clinical outcome, and may provide a potential basis for innovative therapeutic approaches for the treatment of this deadly disease...
- MicroRNAs regulate both epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition and cancer stem cellsP Ceppi
Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL, USA
Oncogene 33:269-78. 2014..This review will highlight and discuss this link and its possible implications for the fight against cancer. ..
- MicroRNA-200a and -200b mediated hepatocellular carcinoma cell migration through the epithelial to mesenchymal transition markersChin Sheng Hung
Graduate Institute of Clinical Medicine, College of Medicine, Taipei Medical University, Taipei, Taiwan
Ann Surg Oncol 20:S360-8. 2013..However, little is known about specific miRNAs during the development of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) from well-differentiated to poorly differentiated cells...
- MicroRNA-200a/b influenced the therapeutic effects of curcumin in hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) cellsHung Hua Liang
Graduate Institute of Clinical Medicine, College of Medicine, Taipei Medical University, Taipei, Taiwan
Tumour Biol 34:3209-18. 2013..The expression levels of miR-200a/b might determine the therapeutic efficacy of curcumin on HCC cells...
- miRNA and mRNA expression profiling identifies members of the miR-200 family as potential regulators of epithelial-mesenchymal transition in pterygiumDavid H Engelsvold
Department of Ophthalmology, Stavanger University Hospital, Stavanger, Norway Department of Clinical Medicine, Section of Ophthalmology, University of Bergen, Bergen, Norway
Exp Eye Res 115:189-98. 2013....
- Epigenetic modulation of the miR-200 family is associated with transition to a breast cancer stem-cell-like stateYat Yuen Lim
Division of Human Immunology, Centre for Cancer Biology, SA Pathology, Adelaide, SA 5000, Australia
J Cell Sci 126:2256-66. 2013..Therapy targeted against miR-200 family members and epigenetic modifications might therefore be applicable to breast cancer...
- MiRNA-9 and MiRNA-200a distinguish hemangioblastomas from metastatic clear cell renal cell carcinomas in the CNSSriram Venneti
Division of Neuropathology, Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Perelman School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, USA
Brain Pathol 22:522-9. 2012..Our data suggest that miR-9 and miR-200a can distinguish between hemangioblastomas and Met CCRCC. Further, these results may also provide insight in understanding the biology of hemangioblastomas...
- miR-200a modulate HUVECs viability and migrationYi Xuan Li
Tianjin Life Science Research Center and Basic Medical School, Tianjin Medical University, Tianjin, China
IUBMB Life 63:553-9. 2011..MiR-200a can directly bind to THBS1 3'UTR and negatively regulate THBS1 expression. The identification of endothelial cells (ECs) related miRNA and its target gene may gain new insight into the mechanism of angiogenesis...
- The histone deacetylase 4/SP1/microrna-200a regulatory network contributes to aberrant histone acetylation in hepatocellular carcinomaJi Hang Yuan
Department of Medical Genetics, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai, China
Hepatology 54:2025-35. 2011..Finally, we determined that miR-200a inhibited the proliferation and migration of HCC cells in vivo and in vitro...
- miR-200a regulates Nrf2 activation by targeting Keap1 mRNA in breast cancer cellsGabriel Eades
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21201, USA
J Biol Chem 286:40725-33. 2011....
- Differential expression of microRNA expression in tamoxifen-sensitive MCF-7 versus tamoxifen-resistant LY2 human breast cancer cellsTissa T Manavalan
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Center for Genetics and Molecular Medicine, University of Louisville School of Medicine, Louisville, KY 40292, USA
Cancer Lett 313:26-43. 2011..Agreement in the direction of anticipated regulation was detected for 12 putative targets. These miRNAs with opposite expression between the two cell lines may be involved in endocrine resistance...
- MicroRNA regulation of STAT4 protein expression: rapid and sensitive modulation of IL-12 signaling in human natural killer cellsYong Huang
Laboratory of Molecular Virology, Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, Food and Drug Administration, Rockville, MD 20892, USA
Blood 118:6793-802. 2011..These data suggest that miR-132, -212, and -200a up-regulation during prolonged IL-12 treatment, negatively regulates the IL-12 signaling pathway by reducing STAT4 expression in primary human NK cells...
- Protein tyrosine phosphatase UBASH3B is overexpressed in triple-negative breast cancer and promotes invasion and metastasisShuet Theng Lee
Cancer Biology and Pharmacology, Genome Institute of Singapore, Agency for Science, Technology and Research, Singapore 138672
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:11121-6. 2013..We also show that UBASH3B is a functional target of anti-invasive microRNA200a (miR200a) that is down-regulated in TNBC...
- MicroRNA-200 is commonly repressed in conjunctival MALT lymphoma, and targets cyclin E2Jiping Cai
Department of Ophthalmology of Shanghai Changzheng Hospital, Second Military Medical University, 415 Fengyang Road, Shanghai, 200003, People s Republic of China
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 250:523-31. 2012..Aberrant microRNA expression is implicated in cancer initiation and progression. We sought to identify dysregulated miRNAs in conjunctival mucosa-associated lymphoid tissue (MALT) lymphoma, and investigated their biological significance...
- MicroRNA-200a serves a key role in the decline of progesterone receptor function leading to term and preterm laborKoriand r C Williams
Department of Biochemistry, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:7529-34. 2012....
- Diagnostic and prognostic significance of miRNA signatures in tissues and plasma of endometrioid endometrial carcinoma patientsAnna Torres
Laboratory of Biostructure, Department of Human Anatomy, Medical University of Lublin, Lublin, Poland
Int J Cancer 132:1633-45. 2013..909 (95% CI: 0.789-973) and 0.913 (95% CI: 0.794-0.976), respectively. We conclude that miRNA signatures hold a great promise to become noninvasive biomarkers for early EEC detection and prognosis...
- The entire miR-200 seed family is strongly deregulated in clear cell renal cell cancer compared to the proximal tubular epithelial cells of the kidneyGerben Duns
Department of Genetics, University Medical Centre Groningen, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 52:165-73. 2013..Expression levels of 13 of the 47 validated target genes for the downregulated miRNAs were increased more than twofold. Our data reinforce the importance of the epithelial to mesenchymal transition process in the development of ccRCC...
- MicroRNA-182 and microRNA-200a control G-protein subunit α-13 (GNA13) expression and cell invasion synergistically in prostate cancer cellsSuhail Ahmed Kabeer Rasheed
Department of Cancer and Stem Cell Biology, Duke NUS Graduate Medical School, 169857 Singapore
J Biol Chem 288:7986-95. 2013..These data provide strong evidence that GNA13 is an important mediator of prostate cancer cell invasion, and that miR-182 and miR-200 family members regulate its expression post-transcriptionally...
- MicroRNA-200a promotes anoikis resistance and metastasis by targeting YAP1 in human breast cancerSan Jian Yu
Breast Cancer Institute, Department of Breast Surgery, Cancer Hospital Cancer Institute, Shanghai Medical College, Fudan University, Shanghai, PR China
Clin Cancer Res 19:1389-99. 2013..miR-200a is involved in this multistep metastatic cascade. This study aimed to test the hypothesis that miR-200a promotes metastasis through increased anoikis resistance in breast cancer...
- Downregulated microRNA-200a promotes EMT and tumor growth through the wnt/β-catenin pathway by targeting the E-cadherin repressors ZEB1/ZEB2 in gastric adenocarcinomaNingning Cong
Department of Gastroenterology, Tianjin Medical University General Hospital, Tianjin 300052, PR China
Oncol Rep 29:1579-87. 2013..The effect of miR-200a on Wnt/β-catenin signaling may provide a therapeutic target against EMT...
- miR-200b is involved in intestinal fibrosis of Crohn's diseaseYingwei Chen
Department of Gastroenterology, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, School of Medicine, Xin Hua Hospital, Shanghai, PR China
Int J Mol Med 29:601-6. 2012..Furthermore, we found that miR-200b was overexpressed in the serum of the fibrosis group. The results suggest that miR-200b has potential value for diagnostic and therapeutic applications for CD patients with fibrosis complications...
- miR-200 expression regulates epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition in bladder cancer cells and reverses resistance to epidermal growth factor receptor therapyLiana Adam
The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Clin Cancer Res 15:5060-72. 2009..The aims of this study were to determine the potential role of microRNAs (miRNA) in controlling EMT and the role of EMT in inducing the sensitivity of human bladder cancer cells to the inhibitory effects of the anti-EGFR therapy...
- miR-200a-mediated downregulation of ZEB2 and CTNNB1 differentially inhibits nasopharyngeal carcinoma cell growth, migration and invasionHongping Xia
Integrative Chemical Biology Laboratory, Institute of Molecular Technology, Department of Chemistry, The University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam Road, Hong Kong, China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 391:535-41. 2010..Our results reveal the important role of miR-200a as a regulatory factor of NPC carcinogenesis and a potential candidate for miRNA-based therapy against NPC...
- A microRNA expression signature for cervical cancer prognosisXiaoxia Hu
Departments of Radiation Oncology, Pathology and Immunology, and Obstetrics and Gynecology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Cancer Res 70:1441-8. 2010..In particular, miR-200a is likely to affect the metastatic potential of cervical cancer cells by coordinate suppression of multiple genes controlling cell motility...
- miR-200bc/429 cluster targets PLCgamma1 and differentially regulates proliferation and EGF-driven invasion than miR-200a/141 in breast cancerS Uhlmann
Division of Molecular Genome Analysis, German Cancer Research Center, Heidelberg, Germany
Oncogene 29:4297-306. 2010..Our results suggest that the miR-200 family has a tumor-suppressor function by negatively regulating EGF-driven cell invasion, viability and cell cycle progression in breast cancer...
- Pancreatic cancers epigenetically silence SIP1 and hypomethylate and overexpress miR-200a/200b in association with elevated circulating miR-200a and miR-200b levelsAng Li
Department of Pathology, The Sol Goldman Pancreatic Cancer Research Center, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland 21231, USA
Cancer Res 70:5226-37. 2010..The elevated serum levels of miR-200a and miR-200b in most patients with pancreatic cancer could have diagnostic utility...
- miR-200a regulates epithelial-mesenchymal to stem-like transition via ZEB2 and beta-catenin signalingHongping Xia
Brain Tumour Centre and Division of Neurosurgery, Department of Surgery, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Prince of Wales Hospital, Shatin, Hong Kong
J Biol Chem 285:36995-7004. 2010....
- The miR-200 family controls beta-tubulin III expression and is associated with paclitaxel-based treatment response and progression-free survival in ovarian cancer patientsSusanna Leskela
Hereditary Endocrine Cancer Group, Human Cancer Genetics Programme, Spanish National Cancer Research Center, Melchor Fernandez Almagro 3, 28029 Madrid, Spain
Endocr Relat Cancer 18:85-95. 2011..Furthermore, these microRNAs might constitute the biomarkers of response to paclitaxel-based treatments and relapse/progression of advanced stage ovarian carcinoma patients...
- Down-regulation of microRNAs of the miR-200 family and miR-205, and an altered expression of classic and desmosomal cadherins in spindle cell carcinoma of the head and neck--hallmark of epithelial-mesenchymal transitionNina Zidar
Institute of Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Ljubljana, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
Hum Pathol 42:482-8. 2011..The result is not only an altered expression of classic cadherins in adherens junctions but also a complete loss of desmosomal cadherins...
- DCAMKL-1 regulates epithelial-mesenchymal transition in human pancreatic cells through a miR-200a-dependent mechanismSripathi M Sureban
Department of Medicine, The University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73104, USA
Cancer Res 71:2328-38. 2011..Moreover, they demonstrate a functional role for DCAMKL-1 in pancreatic cancer. Together, our results rationalize DCAMKL-1 as a therapeutic target for eradicating pancreatic cancers...
- miR-200a regulates SIRT1 expression and epithelial to mesenchymal transition (EMT)-like transformation in mammary epithelial cellsGabriel Eades
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21201, USA
J Biol Chem 286:25992-6002. 2011....