Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MIR181B1
Description: microRNA 181b-1
- STAT3 activation of miR-21 and miR-181b-1 via PTEN and CYLD are part of the epigenetic switch linking inflammation to cancerDimitrios Iliopoulos
Department of Biological Chemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Mol Cell 39:493-506. 2010..Thus, STAT3 is not only a downstream target of IL-6 but, with miR-21, miR-181b-1, PTEN, and CYLD, is part of the positive feedback loop that underlies the epigenetic switch that links inflammation to cancer...
- miR-181b is a biomarker of disease progression in chronic lymphocytic leukemiaRosa Visone
Department of Molecular Virology, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, USA
Blood 118:3072-9. 2011..We conclude that parameters defined on the basis of the miR-181b expression values specify disease progression in chronic lymphocytic leukemia and are associated with clinical outcome...
- Up-regulation of a HOXA-PBX3 homeobox-gene signature following down-regulation of miR-181 is associated with adverse prognosis in patients with cytogenetically abnormal AMLZejuan Li
Section of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, University of Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Blood 119:2314-24. 2012..Restoring expression of miR-181b and/or targeting the HOXA/PBX3 pathways may provide new strategies to improve survival substantially...
- miR-181b promotes hepatic stellate cells proliferation by targeting p27 and is elevated in the serum of cirrhosis patientsBaocan Wang
Department of Gastroenterology, Xinhua Hospital, Shanghai Jiaotong University School of Medicine, Shanghai 200092, China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 421:4-8. 2012..The elevation of miR-181b in serum suggested that it may be potential diagnostic biomarkers for cirrhosis. As for miR-181a, it may work in TGF-β1 pathway by a currently unknown mechanism...
- MicroRNA-181b targets cAMP responsive element binding protein 1 in gastric adenocarcinomasLin Chen
Tianjin Life Science Research Center and Basic Medical School, Tianjin Medical University, Tianjin, China
IUBMB Life 64:628-35. 2012..These results indicate that miR-181b may function as a tumor suppressor in gastric adenocarcinoma cells through negative regulation of CREB1...
- DNA damage-induced NF-κB activation in human glioblastoma cells promotes miR-181b expression and cell proliferationRui Xue Xu
Department of Neurosurgery, The First Affiliated Hospital of Dalian Medical University, Dalian, China
Cell Physiol Biochem 35:913-25. 2015..Unfortunately, the vast majority of GBM patients fail responding to radiotherapy because GBM cells remain highly resistant to radiation. Radiotherapy-induced DNA damage response may correlate with therapeutic resistance...
- miR-181 subunits enhance the chemosensitivity of temozolomide by Rap1B-mediated cytoskeleton remodeling in glioblastoma cellsXiaoling She
Hunan Provincial Tumor Hospital and the Affiliated Tumor Hospital of Xiangya Medical School, Central South University, Changsha, Hunan, People s Republic of China
Med Oncol 31:892. 2014....
- A preliminary analysis of association between the down-regulation of microRNA-181b expression and symptomatology improvement in schizophrenia patients before and after antipsychotic treatmentHong Tao Song
Department of Psychiatric Medicine, Bengbu Medical College, Bengbu, Anhui, People s Republic of China
J Psychiatr Res 54:134-40. 2014....
- Downregulation of microRNA-24 and -181 parallels the upregulation of IFN-γ secreted by activated human CD4 lymphocytesHussein Fayyad-Kazan
Laboratory of Experimental Hematology, Institut Jules Bordet, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, 121, boulevard de Waterloo, 1000 Bruxelles, Belgium
Hum Immunol 75:677-85. 2014..Thus, identifying target sites for miR-24 and miR-181 in IFN-γ-3'UTR points to a novel regulatory mechanism of this crucial gene...
- MicroRNA-181b promotes ovarian cancer cell growth and invasion by targeting LATS2Ying Xia
Department of Gynecology, Huadong Hospital, Fudan University, 221 Yan an West Road, Shanghai, China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 447:446-51. 2014..Our results indicate that miR-181b promotes proliferation and invasion by targeting LATS2 in ovarian cancer cells. These findings support the utility of miR-181b as a potential diagnostic and therapeutic target for ovarian cancer...
- miR-181b increases drug sensitivity in acute myeloid leukemia via targeting HMGB1 and Mcl-1Fei Lu
Department of Hematology, Qilu Hospital, Shandong University, Jinan 250012, P R China
Int J Oncol 45:383-92. 2014..In conclusion, these results provide a strong rationale for the development of miR-181b-based therapeutic strategies for the enhancement of efficacy in AML treatment...
- MiR-181a-5p is downregulated in hepatocellular carcinoma and suppresses motility, invasion and branching-morphogenesis by directly targeting c-MetPeyda Korhan
Department of Medical Biology, Dokuz Eylul University Medical School, Inciralti, 35340 Izmir, Turkey
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 450:1304-12. 2014..These findings display a novel molecular mechanism of c-Met regulation in HCC and strategies to increase miR-181a5p level might be an alternative approach for the enhancement of the inhibitory effects of c-Met inhibitors. ..
- Hepatic stellate cell is activated by microRNA-181b via PTEN/Akt pathwayJianjian Zheng
Wenzhou Key Laboratory of Surgery, The First Affiliated Hospital of Wenzhou Medical University, No 2 Fuxue Lane, Wenzhou, 325000, Zhejiang, People s Republic of China
Mol Cell Biochem 398:1-9. 2015..Our results revealed a profibrotic role of miR-181b in HSC activation and demonstrated that miR-181b could activate HSCs, at least in part, via PTEN/Akt pathway...
- MicroRNA-181 expression regulates specific post-transcriptional level of SAMHD1 expression in vitroChangzhong Jin
State Key Laboratory for Diagnosis and Treatment of Infectious Diseases, The First Affiliated Hospital, School of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310003, China Collaborative Innovation Center for Diagnosis and Treatment of Infectious Diseases, Hangzhou 310003, China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 452:760-7. 2014..Our results suggest that miR-181 regulates the level of post-transcriptional SAMHD1 expression negatively by directly binding to the 3' UTR in SAMHD1. ..
- Sphingosine-1-phosphate lyase downregulation promotes colon carcinogenesis through STAT3-activated microRNAsEmilie Degagné
J Clin Invest 124:5368-84. 2014..Together, our results suggest that dietary sphingolipids can augment or prevent colon cancer, depending upon whether they are metabolized to S1P or promote S1P metabolism through the actions of SPL. ..
- Human natural killer cell microRNA: differential expression of MIR181A1B1 and MIR181A2B2 genes encoding identical mature microRNAsS R Presnell
Departments of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY, USA
Genes Immun 16:89-98. 2015..The MIR181A2B2 promoter was strongly transactivated by SMAD3 and SMAD4 transcription factors, suggesting that TGF-β signaling upregulates MIR181A2B2 expression, at least in part, through SMAD-dependent promoter activation...
- MicroRNA-181b regulates ALX/FPR2 receptor expression and proresolution signaling in human macrophagesAnna Maria Pierdomenico
From the Department of Medicine and Aging Sciences and Center of Excellence on Aging G D Annunzio University Foundation, 66013 Chieti, Italy
J Biol Chem 290:3592-600. 2015..These results unravel novel regulatory mechanisms of ALX/FPR2 expression and ligand-evoked macrophages proresolution responses mediated by miR-181b, thus uncovering novel components of the endogenous inflammation resolution circuits. ..
- Modulation of TNF-α mRNA stability by human antigen R and miR181s in sepsis-induced immunoparalysisCao Dan
The State Key Lab of Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, College of life Sciences Nanjing University, Nanjing, China
EMBO Mol Med 7:140-57. 2014..Hence, the fine-tuning of TNF-α mRNA stability by HuR and miR181 plays a crucial role in immunoparalysis, and Na(+),K(+)-ATPase ligands are promising agents for immunoparalysis therapy. ..
- Down-regulation of miR-181b promotes apoptosis by targeting CYLD in thyroid papillary cancerDengfeng Li
Department of General Surgery, Shanghai 10th People s Hospital, School of Medicine, Tongji University Shanghai 200072, China
Int J Clin Exp Pathol 7:7672-80. 2014..These findings suggest that downregulation of the expression of miR-181b may be a therapeutic target for the treatment of human thyroid papillary cancer. ..
- Involvement of microRNA-181b in the gemcitabine resistance of pancreatic cancer cellsDaisuke Takiuchi
Department of Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka University, 2 2 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Pancreatology 13:517-23. 2013..The aim of this study was to investigate the relationship between microRNA (miR)-181b expression and gemcitabine resistance in pancreatic cancer cells...
- Hypoxia-induced miR-181b enhances angiogenesis of retinoblastoma cells by targeting PDCD10 and GATA6Xiaofang Xu
Department of Ophthalmology, Shanghai Ninth People s Hospital, Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, Shanghai 200011, P R China
Oncol Rep 33:2789-96. 2015..Additionally, miR-181b exerts its angiogenic function, at least in part, by inhibiting PDCD10 and GATA6. Thus, it is a new potentially useful therapeutic target for retinoblastoma...
- PML/RARα-Regulated miR-181a/b Cluster Targets the Tumor Suppressor RASSF1A in Acute Promyelocytic LeukemiaDaniela Bräuer-Hartmann
Division of Hematology and Oncology, Leipzig University Hospital, Leipzig, Germany
Cancer Res 75:3411-24. 2015..Taken together, our results define miR-181a and miR-181b as oncomiRs in PML/RARα-associated APL, and they reveal RASSF1A as a pivotal element in the granulocytic differentiation program induced by ATRA in APL...
- miR-181b as a therapeutic agent for chronic lymphocytic leukemia in the Eµ-TCL1 mouse modelAntonella Bresin
Universita di Ferrara, Dipartimento di Morfologia, Chirurgia e Medicina Sperimentale, Ferrara, Italy
Oncotarget 6:19807-18. 2015..These data indicate that miR-181b exerts a broad range of actions, affecting proliferative, survival and apoptotic pathways, both in mice and human cells, and can potentially be used to reduce expansion of B-CLL leukemic cells. ..
- Upregulation of miR-181s reverses mesenchymal transition by targeting KPNA4 in glioblastomaHongjun Wang
1 Department of Neurosurgery, The Second Affiliated Hospital of Harbin Medical University, Harbin, China 2 Chinese Glioma Cooperative Group CGCG
Sci Rep 5:13072. 2015..Our results showed that miR-181 family expression was closely correlated with TCGA subtypes and patients' overall survival, indicating that miR-181b, a tumor-suppressive miRNA, could be a novel therapeutic candidate for treating gliomas...
- Epigenetic silencing of miR-181b contributes to tumorigenicity in colorectal cancer by targeting RASSF1ALun De Zhao
Department of Emergency, The First Affiliated Hospital of Xinxiang Medical University, Xinxiang, Henan 453100, P R China
Int J Oncol 48:1977-84. 2016....
- Smad2/3/4 Pathway Contributes to TGF-β-Induced MiRNA-181b Expression to Promote Gastric Cancer Metastasis by Targeting Timp3Qi Zhou
Department of Tumor Biological Treatment, Changzhou, China
Cell Physiol Biochem 39:453-66. 2016..This study aimed to confirm the relationship of miRNA-181b and the TGF-β-Smad2/3/4 pathway with the induction of the epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition (EMT) in gastric cancer...
- miRNA-181a/b Regulates Phenotypes of Vessel Smooth Muscle Cells Through Serum Response FactorXiaoxing Wei
1 Research Center of Basic Medical Sciences, Medical College of Qinghai University, Xining, People s Republic of China
DNA Cell Biol 36:127-135. 2017..These findings may provide a potential therapeutic approach that miR-181a/b took part in regulating the vessel disorders...
- Systemic delivery of microRNA-181b inhibits nuclear factor-κB activation, vascular inflammation, and atherosclerosis in apolipoprotein E-deficient miceXinghui Sun
From the Department of Medicine, Cardiovascular Division, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA X S, S H, A K M W, B I, E S, Y T, N B, G K S, K C, M W F Department of Cardiology, Institute of Cardiovascular Diseases, Union Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, China S H, D L and Department of Medicine, Division of Allergy, Pulmonary, and Critical Care Medicine, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN T S B
Circ Res 114:32-40. 2014..Activated nuclear factor (NF)-κB signaling in the vascular endothelium promotes the initiation and progression of atherosclerosis. Targeting endothelial NF-κB may provide a novel strategy to limit chronic inflammation...
- Down-regulation of microRNA-181b is a potential prognostic marker of non-small cell lung cancerJunquan Yang
Department of Radiotherapy and Chemotherapy, People s Hospital of Tangshan City, Hebei Province, PR China
Pathol Res Pract 209:490-4. 2013....
- MicroRNA-181b expression in prostate cancer tissues and its influence on the biological behavior of the prostate cancer cell line PC-3L He
Department of Urology, Chinese PLA General Hospital, Beijing, China
Genet Mol Res 12:1012-21. 2013..As miR-181b is over-expressed in prostate cancer, its down-regulation could have potential as gene therapy for prostate cancer by inducing apoptosis, inhibiting proliferation and depressing invasion by cancer cells...
- MicroRNA-181a promotes gastric cancer by negatively regulating tumor suppressor KLF6Xiangyang Zhang
Guangzhou Key Laboratory of Digestive Disease, Department of Gastroenterology, First Municipal People s Hospital of Guangzhou, Guangzhou Medical University, No 1 Panfu Road, Guangzhou, 510180, China
Tumour Biol 33:1589-97. 2012..In summary, these data suggest that KLF6 gene is a direct target of miR-181a and miR-181a functions as an oncomir in gastric cancer by repressing the expression of tumor suppressor KLF6...
- miR-181b promotes cell proliferation and reduces apoptosis by repressing the expression of adenylyl cyclase 9 (AC9) in cervical cancer cellsLei Yang
Tianjin Life Science Research Center, Department of Microbiology, School of Basic Medical Sciences, Tianjin Medical University, Tianjin, China
FEBS Lett 588:124-30. 2014..miR-181b restricted cAMP production by post-transcriptionally downregulating AC9 expression. Phenotypic experiments indicated that miR-181b and AC9 exerted opposite effects on cell proliferation and apoptosis. ..
- Involvement of FOS-mediated miR-181b/miR-21 signalling in the progression of malignant gliomasTao Tao
Department of Neurosurgery, The First Affiliated Hospital of Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing 210029, China
Eur J Cancer 49:3055-63. 2013....
- MicroRNA-181b regulates articular chondrocytes differentiation and cartilage integrityJinsoo Song
Department of Biological Sciences, College of Natural Sciences, Wonkwang University, Iksan, Chunbuk 570 749, Republic of Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 431:210-4. 2013..In sum, our data suggest that miR-181b is a negative regulator of cartilage development, and that inhibition of miR-181b could be an effective therapeutic strategy for cartilage-related disease...
- Prognostic significance of miR-181b and miR-21 in gastric cancer patients treated with S-1/Oxaliplatin or Doxifluridine/OxaliplatinJingting Jiang
Department of Tumor Biological Treatment, The Third Affiliated Hospital of Soochow University, Changzhou, Jiangsu Province, People s Republic of China
PLoS ONE 6:e23271. 2011..Doxifluridine/Oxaliplatin regimen and to identify miRNAs as potential prognostic biomarkers in gastric cancer patients. The expression of candidate miRNAs was quantified from fifty-five late stage gastric cancer FFPE specimens...
- Role of microRNAs 99b, 181a, and 181b in the differentiation of human embryonic stem cells to vascular endothelial cellsNicole M Kane
British Heart Foundation Glasgow Cardiovascular Research Centre, Institute of Cardiovascular and Medical Sciences, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, UK
Stem Cells 30:643-54. 2012..Our results suggest that miR-99b, -181a, and -181b comprise a component of an endothelial-miRNA signature and are capable of potentiating EC differentiation from pluripotent hESCs...
- MicroRNA expression aids the preoperative diagnosis of pancreatic ductal adenocarcinomaNicole C Panarelli
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, NY 10065, USA
Pancreas 41:685-90. 2012....
- Olea europaea leaf extract alters microRNA expression in human glioblastoma cellsBerrin Tunca
Department of Medical Biology, Medical Faculty, Uludag University, Bursa, Turkey
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 138:1831-44. 2012..The present study aimed to evaluate whether Olea europaea leaf extract (OLE) has an anticancer effect and modulates miRNA expression in GBM...
- miR-181b as a potential molecular target for anticancer therapy of gastric neoplasmsJian Xin Guo
Cancer Chemotherapy Center, The First People Hospital of Ningbo, Ningbo, Zhejiang, China
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 13:2263-7. 2012..MicroRNAs (miRNAs) play important roles in carcinogenesis. The aim of the present study was to explore the effects of miR-181b on gastric cancer...
- MicroRNAs distinguish cytogenetic subgroups in pediatric AML and contribute to complex regulatory networks in AML-relevant pathwaysSvenja Daschkey
Heinrich Heine University Dusseldorf, Medical Faculty, Clinic for Pediatric Oncology, Hematology and Clinical Immunology, Dusseldorf, Germany
PLoS ONE 8:e56334. 2013..First studies in children investigate single selected miRNAs, however, a comprehensive overview of miRNA expression and function in children and young adults is missing so far...
- MiRNA-181b suppresses IGF-1R and functions as a tumor suppressor gene in gliomasZhu Mei Shi
Department of Neurosurgery, The First Affiliated Hospital of Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, Jiangsu Province, China
RNA 19:552-60. 2013..Taken together, our results indicate that miR-181b functions in gliomas to suppress growth by targeting the IGF-1R oncogene and that miR-181b may serve as a novel therapeutic target for gliomas...
- Identification of circulating microRNAs as potential biomarkers for detecting acute myeloid leukemiaFeng Zhi
Modern Medical Research Center, Third Affiliated Hospital of Soochow University, Changzhou, Jiangsu, China
PLoS ONE 8:e56718. 2013..These data demonstrated that the expression patterns of circulating miRNAs were systematically altered in AML and miR-181b-5p may serve as a predictor for overall survival in AML patients...
- The clinical characteristics and prognostic significance of MN1 gene and MN1-associated microRNA expression in adult patients with de novo acute myeloid leukemiaLili Xiang
Department of Hematology, the First People s Hospital of Changzhou, Third Affiliated Hospital of Suzhou University, No 185 Juqian Street, Tianning District, Changzhou, Jiangsu, China
Ann Hematol 92:1063-9. 2013..017). High MN1 expression confers worse prognosis in Chinese adult patients with de novo AML. MN1 gene and MN1-associated microRNAs provide clinical prognosis of AML patients and may refine their molecular risk classification. ..
- Kaposi's sarcoma-associated herpesvirus expresses an array of viral microRNAs in latently infected cellsXuezhong Cai
Department of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:5570-5. 2005..We hypothesize that these viral miRNAs play a critical role in the establishment and/or maintenance of KSHV latent infection in vivo and, hence, in KSHV-induced oncogenesis...
- Aberrant microRNA expression in Chinese patients with chronic lymphocytic leukemiaDan Xia Zhu
Department of Hematology, The First Affiliated Hospital of Nanjing Medical University, Jiangsu Province Hospital, Nanjing, Jiangsu, China
Leuk Res 35:730-4. 2011..These different miRNAs may play an important role in the pathogenesis of CLL and might be applied for the assessment of prognosis in patients with CLL...
- microRNA-181b targets MLK2 in HL-60 cellsHong Chen
The First Affiliated Hospital of Harbin Medical University, Harbin, China
Sci China Life Sci 53:101-6. 2010..Furthermore, miR-181b contributed to proliferation of AML cells by targeting MLK2. Our results demonstrated that miR-181b plays an important role in the biology of AML and may be useful in developing therapies targeting miRNAs...
- Differential expression of microRNA 181b and microRNA 21 in hyperplastic polyps and sessile serrated adenomas of the colonKlaus Juergen Schmitz
Institute of Pathology and Neuropathology, University Hospital Essen, University of Duisburg Essen, Hufelandstr 55, 45122, Essen, Germany
Virchows Arch 455:49-54. 2009..In contrast to HPs, SSAs are characterised by high levels of miR-181b and miR-21 expression. However, due to the overlap of values, miR-181b and miR-21 evaluation did not allow discrimination of the two lesions in every case...
- Extensive modulation of a set of microRNAs in primary glioblastomaS A Ciafrè
Department of Experimental Medicine and Biochemical Sciences, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Roma, Italy
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 334:1351-8. 2005..The most interesting results came from miR-221, strongly up-regulated in glioblastoma and from a set of brain-enriched miRNAs, miR-128, miR-181a, miR-181b, and miR-181c, which are down-regulated in glioblastoma...