Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MIR138-1
Description: microRNA 138-1
- Identification and experimental validation of G protein alpha inhibiting activity polypeptide 2 (GNAI2) as a microRNA-138 target in tongue squamous cell carcinomaLu Jiang
Center for Molecular Biology of Oral Diseases, College of Dentistry, University of Illinois at Chicago, 801 S Paulina Street, Room 530C, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Hum Genet 129:189-97. 2011..In summary, we identified a number of high-confident miR-138 target genes, including proto-oncogene GNAI2, which may play an important role in TSCC initiation and progression...
- MicroRNA-138 suppresses invasion and promotes apoptosis in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma cell linesXiqiang Liu
Center for Molecular Biology of Oral Diseases, College of Dentistry, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL 60612 7213, United States
Cancer Lett 286:217-22. 2009..Knockdown of miR-138 enhanced cell invasion and suppressed apoptosis. Thus, our results suggested miR-138 acts as a tumor suppresser and may serve as a therapeutic target for HNSCC patients at risk of metastasis...
- MiR-138 inhibits tumor growth through repression of EZH2 in non-small cell lung cancerHuijun Zhang
Department of Anesthesiology, Shanghai Pulmonary Hospital, Tongji University, Shanghai
Cell Physiol Biochem 31:56-65. 2013..MicroRNAs (miRNAs) play important roles in tumorigenesis. We investigated the roles and mechanisms of miR-138 in human non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC)...
- miRs-138 and -424 control palmitoylation-dependent CD95-mediated cell death by targeting acyl protein thioesterases 1 and 2 in CLLValeska Berg
Department I of Internal Medicine and Center of Integrated Oncology, University Hospital of Cologne, Cologne, Germany Cologne Excellence Cluster on Cellular Stress Responses in Aging Associated Diseases CECAD, Cologne, Germany
Blood 125:2948-57. 2015..Here, we introduce palmitoylation as a novel posttranslational modification in CLL, which might impact on localization, mobility, and function of molecules, survival signaling, and migration. ..
- MicroRNA138 regulates keratin 17 protein expression to affect HaCaT cell proliferation and apoptosis by targeting hTERT in psoriasis vulgarisShi Jun Feng
Department of Dermatology, Cangzhou Central Hospital, Cangzhou 061001, PR China Electronic address
Biomed Pharmacother 85:169-176. 2017..MiR-138 may regulate K17 protein expression to affect HaCaT cell proliferation and apoptosis by targeting hTERT gene...
- MicroRNA-138 promotes tau phosphorylation by targeting retinoic acid receptor alphaXiong Wang
Department of Clinical Laboratory, Tongji Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430030, China
FEBS Lett 589:726-9. 2015..In conclusion, our data suggest that miR-138 promotes tau phosphorylation by targeting the RARA/GSK-3β pathway. ..
- MicroRNA-138 Regulates DNA Damage Response in Small Cell Lung Cancer Cells by Directly Targeting H2AXHuan Yang
Department of Respiratory Medicine, The Second Xiangya Hospital of Central South University, Changsha, Hunan, China, 1
Cancer Invest 33:126-36. 2015..To date, there has been no study showing the role of miR-138/H2AX machinery in SCLC development. Our results may shed a light to development of new lines of SCLC diagnosis and treatment approaches. ..
- MiR-138/peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor β signaling regulates human hypertrophic scar fibroblast proliferation and movement in vitroYing Ying Xiao
Department of Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery, Xiangya Hospital, Central South University, Changsha, China
J Dermatol 42:485-95. 2015..Thus, our study provides evidence to help determine whether miR-138/PPARβ signaling may be a potential target for hypertrophic scarring management. ..
- Screening and preliminary validation of miRNAs with the regulation of hTERT in colorectal cancerYu Zhou Qin
Department of Gastrointestinal Surgery, Tumor Hospital of Guangxi Medical University, Nanning, Guangxi 530021, P R China
Oncol Rep 33:2728-36. 2015..The results indicated that miR-138-5p and miR-422a potentially inhibited hTERT expression in CRC, and suggest a potential application of miR‑422a in prognosis prediction and CRC treatment. ..
- MicroRNA-138-5p regulates pancreatic cancer cell growth through targeting FOXC1Chao Yu
Department of Hepatobiliary Surgery, Affiliated Hospital of Guiyang Medical College, Guiyang, Guizhou Province, 550004, China
Cell Oncol (Dordr) 38:173-81. 2015..Here, we set out to investigate the role of microRNA 138 (miR-138-5p) in the regulation of pancreatic cancer cell growth and to assess its role as putative therapeutic target...
- Profiling peripheral microRNAs in obesity and type 2 diabetes mellitusLiangping Wu
Surgical Center of Thyroid Diabetes, General Hospital of Guangzhou Military Command of PLA, Guangzhou, China
APMIS 123:580-5. 2015..Our study is one of the pioneer studies showing the differences in peripheral miRNA level in obesity, T2DM and T2DM combined with obesity. The study results suggest the potential utility of miRNAs in the prediction for obesity and T2DM. ..
- FOXP4 modulates tumor growth and independently associates with miR-138 in non-small cell lung cancer cellsTian Yang
Department of Respiratory Medicine, The First Affiliated Hospital, Medical College of Xi an Jiaotong University, 277 West Yanta Road, Xian, 710061, China
Tumour Biol 36:8185-91. 2015..Our data demonstrated that FOXP4 was a critical regulator in NSCLC and independently associated with miR-138 regulation...
- MicroRNA-138 regulates the balance of Th1/Th2 via targeting RUNX3 in psoriasisDandan Fu
Department of Dermatology, The First Affiliated Hospital of Xinxiang Medical University, Weihui 453000, Henan, China
Immunol Lett 166:55-62. 2015..Taken together, our study suggests that increased miR-138 regulates the balance of Th1/Th2 through inhibiting RUNX3 expression in psoriasis, providing a potential therapeutic target for psoriasis. ..
- miR-138-1* regulates aflatoxin B1-induced malignant transformation of BEAS-2B cells by targeting PDK1Yun Wang
Key Lab of Modern Toxicology of Ministry of Education, School of Public Health, Nanjing Medical University, 101 Longmian Avenue, Nanjing, 211166, People s Republic of China
Arch Toxicol 90:1239-49. 2016..Still, the study provides a novel insight into the roles of miRNA* during carcinogenesis, particularly airborne carcinogens-induced lung cancer. ..
- MicroRNA-138 negatively regulates non-small cell lung cancer cells through the interaction with cyclin D3Li Ping Han
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Jining First People s Hospital, 6 Jiankang Road, Jining, 272000, China
Tumour Biol 37:291-8. 2016..Our study revealed novel anti-cancer effects of miR-138 upregulation in NSCLC, as well as its new molecular target of CCND3. ..
- miR-138 suppresses the proliferation of oral squamous cell carcinoma cells by targeting Yes-associated protein 1Ran Xu
Department of Stomatology, The First Affiliated Hospital, Medical School of Xi an Jiaotong University, Xi an, Shaanxi 710061, P R China
Oncol Rep 34:2171-8. 2015..The results suggest that miR-138 is a tumor suppressor miRNA in OSCC through targeting YAP1, which serves as a promising therapeutic target for the treatment of OSCC...
- MiR-138 inhibits cell proliferation and reverses epithelial-mesenchymal transition in non-small cell lung cancer cells by targeting GIT1 and SEMA4CJiefang Li
KingMed Diagnostics and KingMed School of Laboratory Medicine, Guangzhou Medical University, Guangzhou, China
J Cell Mol Med 19:2793-805. 2015....
- Derepression of MicroRNA-138 Contributes to Loss of the Human Articular Chondrocyte PhenotypeChristine I Seidl
Kennedy Institute of Rheumatology and University of Oxford, Oxford, UK
Arthritis Rheumatol 68:398-409. 2016..To investigate the function of microRNA-138 (miR-138) in human articular chondrocytes (HACs)...
- MicroRNAs regulate KDM5 histone demethylases in breast cancer cellsHélène Denis
Laboratory of Cancer Epigenetics, Faculty of Medicine, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium
Mol Biosyst 12:404-13. 2016..Altogether, our findings suggest that miRNAs may regulate KDM5 histone demethylase levels in breast cancer and thereby control breast cancer cell proliferation and migration. ..
- Tumor suppressive microRNA-138 inhibits metastatic potential via the targeting of focal adhesion kinase in Ewing's sarcoma cellsKazuhiro Tanaka
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, Oita University, Oita 879 5593, Japan
Int J Oncol 48:1135-44. 2016..The data in the present study demonstrates for the first time a novel mechanism that regulates the expression of FAK via miR‑138 in ES cells...
- Focal Adhesion Kinase Signaling Mediated the Enhancement of Osteogenesis of Human Mesenchymal Stem Cells Induced by Extracorporeal ShockwaveJun Hu
Department of Orthopaedics, The First Affiliated Hospital, Shantou University Medical College, Guangdong Province, China
Sci Rep 6:20875. 2016....
- MiR-138 Acts as a Tumor Suppressor by Targeting EZH2 and Enhances Cisplatin-Induced Apoptosis in Osteosarcoma CellsZiqiang Zhu
Department of Orthopaedics, The Second Affiliated Hospital of Xuzhou Medical College, Xuzhou, Jiangsu Province, China
PLoS ONE 11:e0150026. 2016..In conclusion, the present study demonstrates that miR-138 acts as a tumor suppressor by enhancing osteosarcoma cell chemosensitivity and supports its potential application for treating osteosarcoma in the future. ..
- MicroRNA-138 inhibits proliferation of cervical cancer cells by targeting c-MetB Li
Harbin Medical University Cancer Hospital, Harbin, China
Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci 20:1109-14. 2016..MicroRNA-138 (miR-138) has been shown to play a critical role in tumor pathogenesis, the present study aimed to investigate the role of miR-138 in cervical cancer...
- MicroRNA-138 functions as a tumor suppressor in osteosarcoma by targeting differentiated embryonic chondrocyte gene 2Baoen Jiang
Department of Traumatic Orthopaedics, The People s Hospital of Dongying City of Shandong Province, No 317 Nanyi Road, Dongying, 257091, Shandong, China
J Exp Clin Cancer Res 35:69. 2016..However, the expression and the role of miR-138 in human osteosarcoma are still poorly understood. We investigated the function and the underlying mechanism of miR-138 in osteosarcoma...
- Upregulation of Limk1 caused by microRNA-138 loss aggravates the metastasis of ovarian cancer by activation of Limk1/cofilin signalingPuxiang Chen
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, The Second Xiangya Hospital of Central South University, Changsha, Hunan 410011, P R China
Oncol Rep 32:2070-6. 2014..The results provide evidence supporting miR-138/Limk1 as a novel diagnostic or therapeutic target for ovarian cancer. ..
- Prognostic potential of microRNA-138 and its target mRNA PDK1 in sera for patients with non-small cell lung cancerLihong Han
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Luoyang Central Hospital Affiliated to Zhengzhou University, Luoyang, 471009, Henan Province, China
Med Oncol 31:129. 2014..More importantly, miR-138 and PDK1 may synergistically predict patients' prognosis and their combination may represent a promising prognostic biomarker of human NSCLC...
- PDGF-regulated miRNA-138 inhibits the osteogenic differentiation of mesenchymal stem cellsBo Qu
Department of Orthopaedics, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu, Sichuan Province, China Department of Orthopaedics, Chengdu Military General Hospital, Chengdu, Sichuan Province, China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 448:241-7. 2014....
- A neuron-specific host microRNA targets herpes simplex virus-1 ICP0 expression and promotes latencyDongli Pan
Department of Biological Chemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cell Host Microbe 15:446-56. 2014..Thus, miR-138 is a neuronal factor that represses HSV-1 lytic gene expression, promoting host survival and viral latency. ..
- Up-regulation of microRNA-138 induce radiosensitization in lung cancer cellsHui Yang
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Affiliated Tumor Hospital of Zhengzhou University, Zhengzhou, 450008, Henan, China
Tumour Biol 35:6557-65. 2014..In conclusion, our data demonstrate that the miR-138/SENP1 cascade is relative to radiosensitization in lung cancer cells and is a potential radiotherapy target. ..
- miR-138-5p reverses gefitinib resistance in non-small cell lung cancer cells via negatively regulating G protein-coupled receptor 124Yi Gao
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Tongji Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 446:179-86. 2014....
- Induction of microRNA-138 by pro-inflammatory cytokines causes endothelial cell dysfunctionAnagha Sen
Center for Translational Medicine, Jefferson Medical College, Philadelphia, PA, USA
FEBS Lett 588:906-14. 2014..We show that loss of S100A1 in ECs reduces stimulus-induced NO production, which can be prevented by inhibition of miR-138. Our study suggests that targeting miR-138 might be beneficial for the treatment of cardiovascular disease. ..
- miR-138 protects cardiomyocytes from hypoxia-induced apoptosis via MLK3/JNK/c-jun pathwaySiyi He
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Xinqiao Hospital, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing, China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 441:763-9. 2013..Our study demonstrates that up-regulation of miR-138 plays a protective role in myocardial adaptation to chronic hypoxia, which is mediated mainly by MLK3/JNK/c-jun signaling pathway. ..
- Down-regulation of miR-138 promotes colorectal cancer metastasis via directly targeting TWIST2Limin Long
Department of Gastroenterology, The Second Xiangya Hospital, Central South University, Changsha, Hunan 410011, PR China
J Transl Med 11:275. 2013..The molecular events involved in the development and progression of CRC remain unclear. Recently, more and more evidences have showed that deregulated miRNAs participate in colorectal carcinogenesis...
- Next generation sequencing of pancreatic cyst fluid microRNAs from low grade-benign and high grade-invasive lesionsJin Wang
Department of Translational Molecular Pathology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, USA
Cancer Lett 356:404-9. 2015..Our findings make a compelling case for undertaking in-depth analyses of cyst fluid miRNomes for developing informative early detection biomarkers of pancreatic cancer developing from pancreatic cystic lesions...
- Multilevel whole-genome analysis reveals candidate biomarkers in clear cell renal cell carcinomaAndrew H Girgis
Department of Laboratory Medicine, and the Keenan Research Centre in the Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute St Michael s Hospital, Toronto, Canada
Cancer Res 72:5273-84. 2012....
- Downregulation of miR-138 sustains NF-κB activation and promotes lipid raft formation in esophageal squamous cell carcinomaHui Gong
State Key Laboratory of Oncology in Southern China, Department of Experimental Research, Cancer Center, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, Guangdong, China
Clin Cancer Res 19:1083-93. 2013..Constitutive activation of NF-κB signaling plays vital roles in esophageal squamous cell carcinoma (ESCC) progression. The aim of this study was to evaluate the effect of miR-138 on NF-κB activation and ESCC progression...
- Suppression of tumorigenicity by microRNA-138 through inhibition of EZH2-CDK4/6-pRb-E2F1 signal loop in glioblastoma multiformeShuwei Qiu
Department of Neurology, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, China
Biochim Biophys Acta 1832:1697-707. 2013..In conclusion, our data demonstrate a tumor suppressive role of miRNA-138 in GBM tumorigenicity, suggesting a potential application in GBM therapy...
- MiR-138 suppresses expression of hypoxia-inducible factor 1α (HIF-1α) in clear cell renal cell carcinoma 786-O cellsTao Song
Department of Urology, Clinical Division of Surgery, Chinese PLA General Hospital, Beijing, China
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 12:1307-11. 2011..Here, we investigated a microRNA regulating expression of HIF-1a and explored its functions in clear cell renal cell carcinoma (ccRCC) cells...
- MiR-138 suppressed nasopharyngeal carcinoma growth and tumorigenesis by targeting the CCND1 oncogeneXia Liu
State Key Laboratory of Oncology in Southern China, Sun Yat sen University Cancer Center, Guangzhou, China
Cell Cycle 11:2495-506. 2012..The identification of functional miR-138 in NPC and its direct link to CCND1 might provide good candidates for developing diagnostic markers and therapeutic applications for NPC...
- Tumor suppressive microRNA‑138 contributes to cell migration and invasion through its targeting of vimentin in renal cell carcinomaTakeshi Yamasaki
Department of Urology, Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Kagoshima University, Kagoshima, Japan
Int J Oncol 41:805-17. 2012..The existence of a tumor suppressive miR‑138-mediated oncogenic pathway provides new insights into the potential mechanisms of RCC oncogenesis and metastasis...
- A microRNA network regulates expression and biosynthesis of wild-type and DeltaF508 mutant cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulatorShyam Ramachandran
Department of Pediatrics, Interdisciplinary Program in Genetics, Carver College of Medicine, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:13362-7. 2012..This discovery also provides therapeutic avenues for restoring CFTR function to cells affected by the most common cystic fibrosis mutation...
- MicroRNA-138 suppresses neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin expression and inhibits tumorigenicityYing Chu Lee
Institute of Biological Chemistry, Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan
PLoS ONE 7:e52979. 2012..Taken together, our results indicate that NGAL may be a good target for cancer therapy and suggest that miR-138 acts as a tumor suppressor and may prevent metastasis...
- miR-138 overexpression is more powerful than hTERT knockdown to potentiate apigenin for apoptosis in neuroblastoma in vitro and in vivoMrinmay Chakrabarti
Department of Pathology, Microbiology, and Immunology, University of South Carolina School of Medicine, Columbia, SC, USA
Exp Cell Res 319:1575-85. 2013....
- MicroRNA-138 modulates DNA damage response by repressing histone H2AX expressionYemin Wang
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Division of Human Biology, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
Mol Cancer Res 9:1100-11. 2011..Our study suggests that miR-138 is an important regulator of genomic stability and a potential therapeutic agent to improve the efficacy of radiotherapy and chemotherapy with DNA-damaging agents...
- MicroRNA-138 regulates osteogenic differentiation of human stromal (mesenchymal) stem cells in vivoTilde Eskildsen
Molecular Endocrinology Laboratory, KMEB, Odense University Hospital, University of South Denmark, DK 5000 Odense C, Denmark
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:6139-44. 2011..Our findings suggest that pharmacological inhibition of miR-138 by antimiR-138 could represent a therapeutic strategy for enhancing bone formation in vivo...