Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MIR137
Description: microRNA 137
Alias: MIRN137, miR-137
- MiR-137 functions as a tumor suppressor in neuroblastoma by downregulating KDM1AKristina Althoff
Department of Pediatric Oncology and Hematology, University Children s Hospital Essen, Essen, Germany
Int J Cancer 133:1064-73. 2013..Therapeutic strategies to re-express miR-137 in neuroblastomas could be useful to reduce tumor aggressiveness. ..
- Genome-wide supported variant MIR137 and severe negative symptoms predict membership of an impaired cognitive subtype of schizophreniaM J Green
School of Psychiatry, University of New South Wales, Research Unit for Schizophrenia Epidemiology, St Vincent s Hospital, Darlinghurst, NSW, Australia
Mol Psychiatry 18:774-80. 2013..Risk alleles on the MIR137 single-nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) predicted membership of CD subtype only in combination with higher severity ..
- Mood congruent psychotic symptoms and specific cognitive deficits in carriers of the novel schizophrenia risk variant at MIR-137E Cummings
Dept of Psychiatry and Neuropsychiatric Genetics Group, Institute of Molecular Medicine, Trinity College Dublin, Dublin 2, Ireland
Neurosci Lett 532:33-8. 2013..The most significant finding mapped to a micro-RNA, MIR-137, which may be involved in regulating the function of other schizophrenia and bipolar disorder susceptibility genes...
- miR-137: a new player in schizophreniaJingwen Yin
Institute of Neurology, Guangdong Medical College, Zhanjiang 524001, China
Int J Mol Sci 15:3262-71. 2014..A more complete picture of the miR-137, which is dysregulated in psychiatric illness, may improve our understanding of the molecular mechanisms underlying schizophrenia. ..
- miR-137 inhibits the invasion of melanoma cells through downregulation of multiple oncogenic target genesChonglin Luo
Division of Translational Immunology D015, German Cancer Research Center DKFZ, Heidelberg, Germany
J Invest Dermatol 133:768-75. 2013..In summary, our study confirms that miR-137 acts as a tumor suppressor in malignant melanoma and reveals that miR-137 regulates multiple targets including c-Met, YB1, EZH2, and MITF...
- Transcriptional consequences of schizophrenia candidate miR-137 manipulation in human neural progenitor cellsMatthew J Hill
Department of Neuroscience, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, London, UK
Schizophr Res 153:225-30. 2014b>MIR137, transcribed as the microRNA miR-137, is one of the leading candidate schizophrenia susceptibility genes to arise from large genome-wide association studies (GWAS) of the disorder...
- A direct molecular link between the autism candidate gene RORa and the schizophrenia candidate MIR137Paolo Devanna
Language and Genetics Department, Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics, Wundtlaan 1, 6525 XD, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Sci Rep 4:3994. 2014Retinoic acid-related orphan receptor alpha gene (RORa) and the microRNA MIR137 have both recently been identified as novel candidate genes for neuropsychiatric disorders...
- MicroRNA-137, an HMGA1 target, suppresses colorectal cancer cell invasion and metastasis in mice by directly targeting FMNL2Li Liang
Department of Pathology, Nanfang Hospital, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou, Guangdong Province, PR China
Gastroenterology 144:624-635.e4. 2013..We investigated whether microRNAs regulate levels of FMNL2 in colorectal cancer (CRC) cells...
- Overexpression of paxillin induced by miR-137 suppression promotes tumor progression and metastasis in colorectal cancerDong Liang Chen
State Key Laboratory of Oncology in South China
Carcinogenesis 34:803-11. 2013..Taken together, these results demonstrated that overexpression of PXN induced by suppression of miR-137 promotes tumor progression and metastasis and could serve as an independent prognostic indicator in CRC patients...
- Impact of a microRNA MIR137 susceptibility variant on brain function in people at high genetic risk of schizophrenia or bipolar disorderHeather C Whalley
Division of Psychiatry, University of Edinburgh, Royal Edinburgh Hospital, Edinburgh, UK
Neuropsychopharmacology 37:2720-9. 2012..The strongest finding was a locus within an intron of a putative primary transcript for microRNA MIR137. In the current study, we examine the impact of variation at this locus (rs1625579, G/T; where T is the common and ..
- The genome-wide supported microRNA-137 variant predicts phenotypic heterogeneity within schizophreniaT A Lett
Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, Toronto, ON, Canada 2 Institute of Medical Science, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
Mol Psychiatry 18:443-50. 2013..the influence of the genome-wide significant schizophrenia risk variant rs1625579 near the microRNA (miRNA)-137 (MIR137) gene on well-established sources of phenotypic variability in schizophrenia: age-at-onset of psychosis and brain ..
- MicroRNA-137 is downregulated in glioblastoma and inhibits the stemness of glioma stem cells by targeting RTVP-1Ariel Bier
Everard and Mina Goodman Faculty of Life Sciences, Bar Ilan University, Ramat Gan, Israel
Oncotarget 4:665-76. 2013..miR-137 inhibits GSC self-renewal and promotes their differentiation by targeting RTVP-1 which downregulates CXCR4. Thus, miR-137 and RTVP-1 are attractive therapeutic targets for the eradication of GSCs and for the treatment of GBM. ..
- Analysis of miR-137 expression and rs1625579 in dorsolateral prefrontal cortexIlaria Guella
Functional Genomics Laboratory, Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, University of California, Irvine, CA, USA
J Psychiatr Res 47:1215-21. 2013..This study offers additional support for involvement of miR-137 and downstream targets as mechanisms of risk for psychiatric disorders. ..
- Schizophrenia miR-137 locus risk genotype is associated with dorsolateral prefrontal cortex hyperactivationTheo G M van Erp
Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, Functional Genomics Laboratory, University of California Irvine, Irvine, California
Biol Psychiatry 75:398-405. 2014..miR-137 dysregulation has been implicated in the etiology of schizophrenia, but its functional role remains to be determined...
- MicroRNA-137 down-regulates KIT and inhibits small cell lung cancer cell proliferationPeipei Li
Department of Respiration, Tangdu Hospital, Fourth Military Medical University, 710038 Xi an, China Department of Respiration, Harrison International Peace Hospital, 053000 Hengshui, China
Biomed Pharmacother 68:7-12. 2014..Besides, it has also been proved that KIT might be only one of the downstream molecules of miR-137 that related to SCLC MDR. ..
- MIR137 gene and target gene CACNA1C of miR-137 contribute to schizophrenia susceptibility in Han ChineseFanglin Guan
Key Laboratory of Environment and Genes Related to Diseases, Ministry of Education, Xi an, China Institute of Human Genomics and Forensic Sciences, Xi an, China
Schizophr Res 152:97-104. 2014Recently, evidence has accumulated indicating that the MIR137 gene and the target gene CACNA1C of miR-137 might be two of the most robustly implicated genes in schizophrenia...
- miR-137 suppresses cell growth in ovarian cancer by targeting AEG-1Jinling Guo
Department of Gynecology, The Affiliated Tumor Hospital of Harbin Medical University, 150 Haping road, Nan Gang District, Harbin, 150081, Heilongjiang Province, China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 441:357-63. 2013..Taken together, these findings indicate that miR-137 functions as a tumor suppressor by inhibition of AEG-1. These molecules might be targets for prevention or treatment of OC...
- Micro-RNAs miR125b and miR137 are frequently upregulated in response to capecitabine chemoradiotherapy of rectal cancerM Svoboda
Oncobios Research Group, CZ 612 00 Brno, Czech Republic
Int J Oncol 33:541-7. 2008..However, other two micro-RNAs miR125b, miR137 showed a significant increase in median expression levels after starting therapy in most samples...
- MicroRNA-137 promoter methylation in oral rinses from patients with squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck is associated with gender and body mass indexScott M Langevin
Hillman Cancer Center, University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, Pittsburgh, PA 15213 1863, USA
Carcinogenesis 31:864-70. 2010..The observed associations with gender and BMI help to shed light on potential risk factors for an altered methylation state in SCCHN...
- MicroRNA-137 targets microphthalmia-associated transcription factor in melanoma cell linesLynne T Bemis
Division of Medical Oncology, University of Colorado Denver School of Medicine, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Cancer Res 68:1362-8. 2008..Further, we have identified a 15-bp variable nucleotide tandem repeat located just 5' to the pre-miR-137 sequence, which alters the processing and function of miR-137 in melanoma cell lines...
- Epigenetics, microRNAs, and carcinogenesis: functional role of microRNA-137 in uveal melanomaXiaoyan Chen
School of Ophthalmology and Optometry, Eye Hospital, Wenzhou Medical College, Wenzhou, Zhejiang, China
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 52:1193-9. 2011..The authors' previous studies on miR-34a showed that miRNA can influence the growth of uveal melanoma cells. In this study, they investigated the role of miR-137 in the pathogenesis of uveal melanoma...
- miR-137 is frequently down-regulated in glioblastoma and is a negative regulator of Cox-2Lingchao Chen
Department of Neurosurgery, The Second Affiliated Hospital of Harbin Medical University, Harbin 150086, China
Eur J Cancer 48:3104-11. 2012..In conclusion, our study demonstrates that miR-137 deregulation is common in glioma, and restoration of its function inhibits cell proliferation and invasion, suggesting that miR-137 may act as a tumour suppressor...
- miR-137 is frequently down-regulated in gastric cancer and is a negative regulator of Cdc42Qingjiang Chen
Department of Medicine Oncology, The First Affiliated Hospital, Zhengzhou University, 1 East Jianshe Road, 450000, Zhengzhou, People s Republic of China
Dig Dis Sci 56:2009-16. 2011..Some recent studies show that DNA methylation contributes to down-regulation of microRNA-137 (miR-137) during tumorigenesis. Whether down-regulation of miR-137 also exists in gastric cancer is unknown...
- Chromosome 1p21.3 microdeletions comprising DPYD and MIR137 are associated with intellectual disabilityMarjolein H Willemsen
Department of Human Genetics, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
J Med Genet 48:810-8. 2011..Recent studies identified miRNAs as important regulators of learning and memory in model organisms. So far, no mutations in specific miRNA genes have been associated with impaired cognitive functions...
- MicroRNA-137/181c regulates serine palmitoyltransferase and in turn amyloid β, novel targets in sporadic Alzheimer's diseaseHirosha Geekiyanage
Genetics Program, Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan 48824, USA
J Neurosci 31:14820-30. 2011..Finally, these results suggest SPT and the respective miRNAs may be potential therapeutic targets for sporadic AD...
- MicroRNA-137 targets carboxyl-terminal binding protein 1 in melanoma cell linesYu Deng
Laboratory of Signal Transduction and Molecular Targeted Therapy, State Key Laboratory of Biotherapy Department of Medical Oncology, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu, Sichuan Province 610041, China
Int J Biol Sci 7:133-7. 2011....
- MicroRNA-137 promoter methylation is associated with poorer overall survival in patients with squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neckScott M Langevin
University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, Hillman Cancer Center, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213 1863, USA
Cancer 117:1454-62. 2011..However, the aberrant miR-137 promoter methylation observed in squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck (SCCHN) suggests a tumor-specific molecular defect that may contribute to disease progression...
- [Novel miRNA genes hypermethylated in breast cancer]V I Loginov
Institute of General Pathology and Pathophysiology, Moscow, 125315 Russia
Mol Biol (Mosk) 50:797-802. 2016..These results enable the involvement of three miRNAs (miR-132, miR-137, miR-1258) and the methylation of the genes that encode them in the pathogenesis of breast cancer to be suggested...
- Tumor suppressive microRNA-137 negatively regulates Musashi-1 and colorectal cancer progressionAmber R Smith
Department of Molecular Biosciences, University of Kansas, Lawrence, KS, USA
Oncotarget 6:12558-73. 2015..Our results demonstrate that miR-137 acts as a tumor-suppressive miRNA in colorectal cancers and negatively regulates oncogenic MSI1. ..
- miR-137 and miR-197 Induce Apoptosis and Suppress Tumorigenicity by Targeting MCL-1 in Multiple MyelomaYijun Yang
Division of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Toronto General Research Institute, Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathobiology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Clin Cancer Res 21:2399-411. 2015..Deregulation of miRNA has been implicated in the pathogenesis of multiple myeloma. We identified miR-137 and miR-197, mapped to the chromosome 1p (12)-(21) deletion region, and examined their antimyeloma activity as tumor suppressors...
- No effect of schizophrenia risk genes MIR137, TCF4, and ZNF804A on macroscopic brain structureHelena Cousijn
Department of Psychiatry, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK
Schizophr Res 159:329-32. 2014Single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) within the MIR137, TCF4, and ZNF804A genes show genome-wide association to schizophrenia. However, the biological basis for the associations is unknown...
- MicroRNA-137 upregulation increases bladder cancer cell proliferation and invasion by targeting PAQR3Youcheng Xiu
School of Life Science and Biotechnology, State Key Laboratory of Urban Water Resource and Environment, Harbin Institute of Technology, Harbin, China Department of Urology, The First Affiliated Hospital of Harbin Medical University, Harbin, China
PLoS ONE 9:e109734. 2014..These findings indicate that miR-137 could be a potential oncogene in bladder cancer. ..
- MIR137 Regulates Starvation-Induced Autophagy by Targeting ATG7Yuecheng Zeng
Department of Neurosurgery, The First Affiliated Hospital of Chongqing Medical University, Chongqing, China
J Mol Neurosci 56:815-21. 2015..Human microR-137 (MIR137) is involved in neuronal maturation and neurogenesis, while little is known about its role in cancer...
- Polymorphisms in microRNA target sites of forkhead box O genes are associated with hepatocellular carcinomaChao Tan
Department of Epidemiology, School of Public Health, Guangxi Medical University, Nanning, Guangxi, China
PLoS ONE 10:e0119210. 2015..Further knowledge obtained from this study may provide important evidence for the prevention and targeted therapy of HCC. ..
- Characterization of a REST-Regulated Internal Promoter in the Schizophrenia Genome-Wide Associated Gene MIR137Alix Warburton
Department of Molecular and Clinical Pharmacology, Institute of Translational Medicine, University of Liverpool, Liverpool L69 3BX, UK
Schizophr Bull 41:698-707. 2015b>MIR137 has been identified as a candidate gene for schizophrenia from genome-wide association studies via association with an intronic single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP), rs1625579...
- MicroRNA-137 suppresses tumor growth in epithelial ovarian cancer in vitro and in vivoLiyu Zhang
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, The Affiliated Hospital, Changchun University of Chinese Medicine, Changchun, Jilin 130117, P R China
Mol Med Rep 12:3107-14. 2015..Notably, the enforced expression of miR-137 suppressed tumor growth in the nude mice models. These findings suggested that miR-137 may act as a tumor suppressor and be used as a potential therapeutic agent for the treatment of EOC...
- Experimental validation of candidate schizophrenia gene CALN1 as a target for microRNA-137Shihui Xia
Children s Hospital and Institutes of Biomedical Sciences, Fudan University, 138 Yixueyuan Road, Shanghai 200032, PR China
Neurosci Lett 602:110-4. 2015b>MIR137, which encodes microRNA-137 (miR-137), and several of its target genes exhibit genome-wide significant associations with schizophrenia...
- miR-137 inhibits proliferation of melanoma cells by targeting PAK2Shuai Hao
Key Laboratory of Cell Proliferation and Regulation of Ministry of Education, Universities of the Confederated Institute for Proteomics, Beijing Normal University, Beijing, China
Exp Dermatol 24:947-52. 2015..Furthermore, overexpression of PAK2 restored miR-137-mediated suppression of cell proliferation. These findings indicate that miR-137 could inhibit proliferation through targeting PAK2 in melanoma cells. ..
- miR-137 suppresses the invasion and procedure of EMT of human breast cancer cell line MCF-7 through targeting CtBP1Yong Han
Department of Breast and Thyroid Surgery, the Affiliated Hospital of Binzhou Medical University, Binzhou, 256603, Shandong Province, People s Republic of China
Hum Cell 29:30-6. 2016....
- miR-137 acts as a tumor suppressor in astrocytoma by targeting RASGRF1Danni Deng
Modern Medical Research Center, Third Affiliated Hospital of Soochow University, 185 Juqian Road, Changzhou, Jiangsu, China
Tumour Biol 37:3331-40. 2016..Taken together, our results indicate that miR-137 acts as a tumor suppressor in astrocytoma by targeting RASGRF1. These findings suggest that miR-137 may serve as a novel therapeutic target in astrocytoma treatment. ..
- MicroRNA-137 inhibits cell migration and invasion by targeting bone morphogenetic protein-7 (BMP7) in non-small cell lung cancer cellsYan rong Yang
Department of Respiration, The First Affiliated Hospital of Xinxiang Medical University, Xinxiang Medical University Weihui 453100, China
Int J Clin Exp Pathol 8:10847-53. 2015..Taken together, our findings suggested that miR-137/BMP7 axis could contribute to the progression of NSCLC, suggesting miR-137 as a potential therapeutic target for the treatment of NSCLC. ..
- MicroRNAs regulate KDM5 histone demethylases in breast cancer cellsHélène Denis
Laboratory of Cancer Epigenetics, Faculty of Medicine, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium
Mol Biosyst 12:404-13. 2016..Altogether, our findings suggest that miRNAs may regulate KDM5 histone demethylase levels in breast cancer and thereby control breast cancer cell proliferation and migration. ..
- microRNA-137 is downregulated in thyroid cancer and inhibits proliferation and invasion by targeting EGFRYingwei Luo
Department of Vascular and Thyroid Surgery, The First Affiliated Hospital of China Medical University, No 155 N Nanjing St, Shenyang, 110001, China
Tumour Biol 37:7749-55. 2016..In conclusion, the present study showed that miR-137 downregulation is associated with malignant progression of thyroid cancer. miR-137 inhibits growth and invasion by targeting EGFR in thyroid cancer cells. ..
- Regulation of Transient Site-specific Copy Gain by MicroRNAJoshua C Black
From the Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center and Departments of Medicine and
J Biol Chem 291:4862-71. 2016..Consistent with increased CKS1B expression, miRNA inhibition reduced breast cancer cell sensitivity to cisplatin. Our data identify these miRNAs as regulators of TSSG and copy gains of a drug resistance gene. ..
- Polymorphisms in MIR137HG and microRNA-137-regulated genes influence gray matter structure in schizophreniaC Wright
The MIND Research Network, Albuquerque, NM, USA
Transl Psychiatry 6:e724. 2016..Given that the genes evaluated here are involved in protein kinase A signaling, dysregulation of this pathway through alterations in miR-137 biogenesis may underlie the gray matter loss seen in the disease. ..
- The SNP rs1625579 in miR-137 gene and risk of schizophrenia in Chinese population: A meta-analysisPing Zhang
Department of Neurology, Tongji Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, Hubei, P R China
Compr Psychiatry 67:26-32. 2016..However, subsequent genetic association studies in Chinese population yielded inconsistent results...
- Down-Regulation of MicroRNA-137 Improves High Glucose-Induced Oxidative Stress Injury in Human Umbilical Vein Endothelial Cells by Up-Regulation of AMPKα1Jie Li
Department of Anesthesiology, the Second Affiliated Hospital of Guangzhou University of Chinese Medicine, Guangzhou, China
Cell Physiol Biochem 39:847-59. 2016..To investigate the effects of miR-137 on high glucose (HG)-induced vascular injury, and to establish the mechanism underlying these effects...
- The miR-137 schizophrenia susceptibility variant rs1625579 does not predict variability in brain volume in a sample of schizophrenic patients and healthy individualsEmma J Rose
Neuropsychiatric Genetics Group and Department of Psychiatry, Institute of Molecular Medicine, Trinity College Dublin, St James Hospital, Dublin, 8, Ireland Trinity College Institute of Neuroscience, Trinity College, Dublin, 2, Ireland
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 165:467-71. 2014..However, it remains to be determined whether or not alternative measures of brain structure are related to these functions of miR-137...
- MiR-137 regulates epithelial-mesenchymal transition in gastrointestinal stromal tumorSheng Liu
Department of Gastrointestinal Surgery, Xiangya Hospital of Central South University, Changsha, Hunan, 410008, China
Tumour Biol 35:9131-8. 2014..Therefore, miR-137 may function as anti-migration and anti-metastasis in GIST and our study provides a potential approach for developing miR-137-based therapeutic strategy for GIST...
- MIR137 variants identified in psychiatric patients affect synaptogenesis and neuronal transmission gene setsM Strazisar
1 Applied Molecular Genomics Unit, Department of Molecular Genetics, VIB, Antwerp, Belgium 2 University of Antwerp, Antwerp, Belgium
Mol Psychiatry 20:472-81. 2015..in a northern Swedish patient/control population, resulted in the discovery of two functional variants in the MIR137 gene...
- MicroRNA-137 regulates a glucocorticoid receptor-dependent signalling network: implications for the etiology of schizophreniaAstrid Vallès
Department of Neurocognition, Faculty of Psychology and Neurosciences, Maastricht University, Maastricht, the Netherlands Department of Molecular Animal Physiology, Donders Institute for Brain, Cognition and Behavior, Nijmegen Centre for Molecular Life Sciences NCMLS, Radboud University Nijmegen, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
J Psychiatry Neurosci 39:312-20. 2014..Therefore, a molecular network of interacting miR-137 targets may provide insights into the biological processes underlying schizophrenia...
- miR-137 controls proliferation and differentiation of human adipose tissue stromal cellsKeun Koo Shin
Department of Physiology, School of Medicine, Pusan National University, Pusan, Korea
Cell Physiol Biochem 33:758-68. 2014..Demonstrating the molecular mechanisms of human adipose tissue-derived mesenchymal stem cells (hADSCs) differentiation and proliferation could develop hADSCs-based cell therapy...
- Genomic analyses reveal broad impact of miR-137 on genes associated with malignant transformation and neuronal differentiation in glioblastoma cellsSaleh Tamim
Children s Cancer Research Institute, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, Texas, United States of America
PLoS ONE 9:e85591. 2014..We suggest that the concomitant increase of these four miRNAs in neuronal stem cells or their repression in tumor cells could produce a robust regulatory effect with major consequences to neuronal differentiation and tumorigenesis...
- Regulation of huntingtin gene expression by miRNA-137, -214, -148a, and their respective isomiRsEmilia Kozlowska
Department of Molecular Biomedicine, Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry, Polish Academy of Sciences, Noskowskiego 12 14 Str, 61 704 Poznan, Poland
Int J Mol Sci 14:16999-7016. 2013..Hence, we demonstrated that certain 5'-end variants of miRNAs might be functional for the regulation of the same targets as canonical miRNAs...
- miR-137 effects on gastric carcinogenesis are mediated by targeting Cox-2-activated PI3K/AKT signaling pathwayYan Cheng
Department of Digestive Diseases, The Second Affiliated Hospital, Medical School of Xi an Jiaotong University, Xi an, Shaanxi 710004, PR China
FEBS Lett 588:3274-81. 2014..Moreover, restored Cox-2 expression partially abolished the tumor suppressive effects of miR-137 in GC cells, suggesting miR-137 may suppress GC carcinogenesis by targeting Cox-2. ..
- miR-137 restoration sensitizes multidrug-resistant MCF-7/ADM cells to anticancer agents by targeting YB-1Xiaolan Zhu
The Fourth Affiliated Hospital of Jiangsu University, Zhenjiang 212001, China
Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai) 45:80-6. 2013..In conclusion, our results demonstrated that miR-137 was involved in MDR in cancer through modulation of P-gp by targeting YB-1, suggesting that miR-137 might be a potential target for preventing and reversing MDR in tumor cells...
- Altered expression of miR-21, miR-125b, and miR-203 indicates a role for these microRNAs in oral lichen planusK Danielsson
Departments of Odontology Medical Biosciences, Umea University, Umea, Sweden
J Oral Pathol Med 41:90-5. 2012..The aim of this study was to investigate the expression of miR-21, miR-125b, and miR-203 and to compare RNA levels of their potential targets, the tumor suppressor p53 and its relative p63, both known to be deregulated in OLP...
- Characterization of the uterine leiomyoma microRNAome by deep sequencingBoryana Georgieva
Department of Plant Physiology and Molecular Biology, University of Plovdiv, 24 TsarAssen St, 4000 Plovdiv, Bulgaria
Genomics 99:275-81. 2012..The microRNA transcriptomes obtained in this study deliver insights and further expand our understanding the role of small RNAs in uterine leiomyoma development...
- Characterization of human gastric carcinoma-related methylation of 9 miR CpG islands and repression of their expressions in vitro and in vivoYantao Du
Key laboratory of Carcinogenesis and Translational Research, Ministry of Education, Division of Cancer Etiology, Peking University Cancer Hospital and Institute, Fu Cheng Lu, NO, 52 Haidian District, Beijing 100142, China
BMC Cancer 12:249. 2012..The aims of this study are to characterize gastric carcinoma (GC)-related methylation of miR CpG islands and its relationship with miRNA expression...
- Olea europaea leaf extract alters microRNA expression in human glioblastoma cellsBerrin Tunca
Department of Medical Biology, Medical Faculty, Uludag University, Bursa, Turkey
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 138:1831-44. 2012..The present study aimed to evaluate whether Olea europaea leaf extract (OLE) has an anticancer effect and modulates miRNA expression in GBM...
- miR-124, miR-137 and miR-340 regulate colorectal cancer growth via inhibition of the Warburg effectYan Sun
Department of Geriatrics, Zhongshan Hospital, Fudan University, Shanghai 200032, PR China
Oncol Rep 28:1346-52. 2012..These results demonstrate that miRNAs (miR-124, miR-137 and miR-340) impair colorectal cancer growth by counteracting the Warburg effect due to regulating alternative splicing of the PKM gene...
- MicroRNA-137 promoter methylation in oral lichen planus and oral squamous cell carcinomaJun Dang
Department of Periodontics and Oral Medicine, School of Stomatology, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an 710032, China
J Oral Pathol Med 42:315-21. 2013..This raises the possibility to use miR-137 methylation as a biomarker for malignant prediction in patients with OLP...
- miR-137 inhibits the proliferation of lung cancer cells by targeting Cdc42 and Cdk6Xiaolan Zhu
The Fourth Affiliated Hospital of Jiangsu University, 20 Zhengdong Road, Zhenjiang, Jiangsu 212000, China
FEBS Lett 587:73-81. 2013..Further, both Cdc42 and Cdk6 were confirmed as targets of miR-137...
- Post-transcriptional regulation of α-1-antichymotrypsin by microRNA-137 in chronic heart failure and mechanical supportSjoukje I Lok
Department of Cardiology, University Medical Center, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Circ Heart Fail 6:853-61. 2013..In the present study, proteomics identified significant changes in α-1-antichymotrypsin (ACT) levels during LVAD support. Moreover, the potential role of ACT in reverse remodeling was studied in detail...
- Identifying gene regulatory networks in schizophreniaSteven G Potkin
Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, 5251 California Avenue, Suite 240, University of California, Irvine, CA 92617, USA
Neuroimage 53:839-47. 2010..The model demonstrates epistatic interactions between FGF and glypican on brain development and may be a useful model of negative symptom schizophrenia...
- Transdisciplinary Imaging Genetics Center (1 of 2)(RMI)Steven Potkin; Fiscal Year: 2006..The new knowledge generated by the Center holds considerable promise for improving diagnosis and treatment of mental illness. [unreadable] [unreadable]..