Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MBL2
Description: mannose binding lectin 2
Alias: COLEC1, HSMBPC, MBL, MBL2D, MBP, MBP-C, MBP1, MBPD, mannose-binding protein C, collectin-1, mannan-binding lectin, mannose-binding lectin (protein C) 2, soluble (opsonic defect), mannose-binding lectin 2, soluble (opsonic defect)
Publications370 found, 100 shown here
- High mannose glycans and sialic acid on gp120 regulate binding of mannose-binding lectin (MBL) to HIV type 1Melanie L Hart
Rush Presbyterian St Luke s Medical Center, Department of Immunology Microbiology, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 18:1311-7. 2002Mannose-binding lectin (MBL) is a C-type lectin of the innate immune system that binds to carbohydrates on the surface of certain microorganisms. Previous studies showed that MBL binds to gp120, the envelope glycoprotein of HIV-1...
- Interleukins-1, -4, -6, -10, tumor necrosis factor, transforming growth factor-beta, FAS, and mannose-binding protein C gene polymorphisms in Australian women: Risk of preterm birthMargaret F Annells
Department of Microbiology and Infectious Diseases, Women s and Children s Hospital, North Adelaide, South Australia
Am J Obstet Gynecol 191:2056-67. 2004..The purpose of this study was to examine the relationship between preterm birth and 22 single nucleotide polymorphisms in genes that encode cytokines and mediators of apoptosis and host defense...
- Association between mannose-binding lectin and interleukin-1 receptor antagonist gene polymorphisms and recurrent vulvovaginal candidiasisMaria Dulce Kaoro Horie Wojitani
Servico de Imunologia, Genetica e Infecções do Trato Reprodutivo da Disciplina de Ginecologia, da Faculdade de Medicina, da Universidade de Sao Paulo, Avenida Dr Enéas de Carvalho Aguiar 255, 10 andar, sala 10177, Cerkueira Cesar, Sao Paulo, SP, 05403900, Brazil
Arch Gynecol Obstet 285:149-53. 2012The influence of functional polymorphisms in the genes coding for mannose-binding lectin (MBL) and interleukin-1 receptor antagonist (IL-1ra) on recurrent vulvovaginal candidiasis (RVVC) were examined in an urban Brazilian population.
- The C1q and collectin binding site within C1q receptor (cell surface calreticulin)G R Stuart
Department of Biochemistry, University of Oxford, UK
Immunopharmacology 38:73-80. 1997..C1qR also interacts with the collectins SP-A, MBL, CL43 and conglutinin via a cluster of charged residues on the collagen tails of the ligands...
- Genetic variants of the mannan-binding lectin are associated with immune reactivity to mannans in Crohn's diseaseFrank Seibold
Division of Gastroenterology, Inselspital, University of Bern, Switzerland
Gastroenterology 127:1076-84. 2004..Mannan-binding lectin (MBL), a component of the innate immune system, can bind to S. cerevisiae ...
- Mannose-binding lectin polymorphisms in severe sepsis: relationship to levels, incidence, and outcomeAnthony C Gordon
Institute of Cell and Molecular Science, William Harvey Research Institute, Barts, UK
Shock 25:88-93. 2006Mannose-binding lectin (MBL) genetic polymorphisms result in deficiency of the encoded protein and increased susceptibility to infection, especially in children and the immunocompromised...
- Genotypes of the mannan-binding lectin gene and susceptibility to visceral leishmaniasis and clinical complicationsDiego Peres Alonso
Department of Parasitology, Institute for Biology and Biomedicine, Sao Paulo State University, Botucatu, Brazil
J Infect Dis 195:1212-7. 2007..Mutations in the MBL2 gene decrease levels of MBL and may protect against development of VL...
- Association of mannose-binding lectin-2 gene polymorphism with the development of hepatitis C-induced hepatocellular carcinomaDennis Eurich
General, Visceral and Transplantation Surgery, Charite Campus Virchow, Berlin, Germany
Liver Int 31:1006-12. 2011..Mannose-binding lectin (MBL) is an important immunomodulatory factor, which is supposed to be involved in complement activation and oncogenesis...
- IgG glycosylation changes and MBL2 polymorphisms: associations with markers of systemic inflammation and joint destruction in rheumatoid arthritisLone N Troelsen
Department of Rheumatology, Department of Clinical Immunology, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen University Hospital, Copenhagen, Denmark
J Rheumatol 39:463-9. 2012To examine whether IgG glycosylation changes and MBL2 genotypes are associated with systemic inflammation and joint destruction in rheumatoid arthritis (RA).
- Association of MIF-173G/C and MBL2 codon 54 gene polymorphisms with rheumatoid arthritis: a meta-analysisQiang Xie
School of Pharmacy, Anhui Medical University, Hefei, Anhui 230032, PR China
Hum Immunol 73:966-71. 2012..the association between macrophage migration inhibitory factor (MIF) -173G/C (rs755622), mannose-binding lectin (MBL2) exon 1 codon 54 (rs1800450) gene polymorphisms and rheumatoid arthritis (RA) susceptibility in ethnically ..
- Distinct and overlapping functions of allelic forms of human mannose binding proteinM Super
Harvard Department of Pediatrics, Children s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts
Nat Genet 2:50-5. 1992Human mannose binding protein (MBP) is a C-type serum lectin involved in first-line host defense against a variety of bacterial, fungal and viral pathogens...
- Mannose-binding lectin gene polymorphism predicts hospital admissions for COPD infectionsI A Yang
Division of Thoracic Medicine, The Prince Charles Hospital, and Department of Medicine, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
Genes Immun 4:269-74. 2003..Polymorphisms in the MBL2 gene reduce serum MBL levels and are associated with risk of infection...
- Disease-associated mutations in human mannose-binding lectin compromise oligomerization and activity of the final proteinFlemming Larsen
Department of Clinical Immunology, Copenhagen University Hospital, Rigshospitalet, Blegdamsvej 9, DK 2100 Copenhagen Ø, Denmark
J Biol Chem 279:21302-11. 2004Deficiency of human mannose-binding lectin (MBL) caused by mutations in the coding part of the MBL2 gene is associated with increased risk and severity of infections and autoimmunity...
- The influence of mannose binding lectin polymorphisms on disease outcome in early polyarthritis. TIRA GroupS Jacobsen
Department of Rheumatology, Hvidovre Hospital, Copenhagen University Hospital, Denmark
J Rheumatol 28:935-42. 2001To determine whether variant alleles of the mannose binding lectin (MBL) gene causing low serum concentrations of MBL are associated with increased susceptibility to rheumatoid arthritis (RA) and erosive outcome in an inception cohort of ..
- Heterozygosity of mannose-binding lectin (MBL2) genotypes predicts advantage (heterosis) in relation to fatal outcome in intensive care patientsDorthe Hellemann
Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care, Herlev, Copenhagen University Hospital, Rigshospitalet, Denmark
Hum Mol Genet 16:3071-80. 2007Polymorphisms in the MBL2 gene, which affect the structure and influence on the serum concentration of mannose-binding lectin (MBL), are associated with inflammatory and infectious conditions...
- The two major oligomeric forms of human mannan-binding lectin: chemical characterization, carbohydrate-binding properties, and interaction with MBL-associated serine proteasesFlorence Teillet
Laboratoires d Enzymologie Moléculaire, Institut de Biologie Structurale Jean Pierre Ebel Commissariat à l énergie atomique Centre National de La Recherche Scientifique Université Joseph Fourier, Grenoble, France
J Immunol 174:2870-7. 2005Mannan-binding lectin (MBL) is an oligomeric C-type lectin assembled from homotrimeric structural units that binds to neutral carbohydrates on microbial surfaces...
- Mannan-binding lectin inhibits Candida albicans-induced cellular responses in PMA-activated THP-1 cells through Toll-like receptor 2 and Toll-like receptor 4Mingyong Wang
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Xinxiang Medical University, Xinxiang, China
PLoS ONE 8:e83517. 2013..Mannan-binding lectin (MBL),a member of the collectin family in the C-type lectin superfamily, is an important serum component associated with ..
- Functional mannose-binding lectin levels in patients with end-stage renal disease on maintenance hemodialysisAtsushi Satomura
Division of Laboratory Medicine, Department of Pathology and Microbiology, Nihon University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
J Innate Immun 4:293-300. 2012Innate immunity is generally impaired in chronic renal failure (CRF). Mannose-binding lectin (MBL) has an important role in first-line host defense against pathogens via the lectin pathway...
- Mannose-binding lectin deficiency is associated with myocardial infarction: the HUNT2 study in NorwayInga Thorsen Vengen
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Children s and Women s Health, Norwegian University of Science and Technology Trondheim, Norway
PLoS ONE 7:e42113. 2012..Based on a pilot study, we hypothesized that functional polymorphisms in the MBL gene (MBL2) leading to dysfunctional protein are related to development of myocardial infarction (MI)...
- The human mannose-binding protein gene. Exon structure reveals its evolutionary relationship to a human pulmonary surfactant gene and localization to chromosome 10K Sastry
Division of Hematology Oncology, Children s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115
J Exp Med 170:1175-89. 1989The human mannose-binding protein (MBP) plays a role in first line host defense against certain pathogens. It is an acute phase protein that exists in serum as a multimer of a 32-kD subunit...
- Association of MBL gene polymorphisms with major bacterial infection in patients treated with high-dose chemotherapy and autologous PBSCTT Horiuchi
Department of Medicine and Biosystemic Science, Kyushu University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Fukuoka, Japan
Genes Immun 6:162-6. 2005..We investigated whether mannose-binding lectin (MBL) gene polymorphisms that cause low levels of MBL are associated with the occurrence of major infections in patients,..
- Mannose-binding lectin levels in children with asthmaAysen Uguz
Division of Immunology and Allergy, Department of Pediatrics, Faculty of Medicine, Akdeniz University, Antalya, Turkey
Pediatr Allergy Immunol 16:231-5. 2005Mannose-binding lectin (mbl), one of the important components of innate immunity, can activate the lectin pathway of the complement system...
- Mannose-binding lectin and vulvovaginal candidiasisFei Liu
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, First Hospital Peking University, Beijing, China
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 92:43-7. 2006To investigate the effect of mannose-binding lectin (MBL) gene polymorphism on the immune system and the significance of vaginal MBL concentration in the pathogenesis of vulvovaginal candidiasis (VVC) and recurrent VVC (rVVC).
- Lack of association between mannose-binding lectin gene polymorphisms and juvenile idiopathic arthritis in a Han population from the Hubei province of ChinaMin Kang
Department of Pediatrics, Tongji Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Hua Zhong University of Science and Technology, 1095 Jie Fang Avenue, Wuhan 430030, Hubei Province, China
Arthritis Res Ther 8:R85. 2006Many studies have reported that polymorphisms of the mannose-binding lectin (MBL) gene are associated with autoimmune disease...
- MBL2 polymorphism and risk of severe infections in multiple myeloma patients receiving high-dose melphalan and autologous stem cell transplantationI Mølle
Department of Haematology, University Hospital of Aarhus, THG, Aarhus, Denmark
Bone Marrow Transplant 38:555-60. 2006..lectin (MBL) is part of the innate immune system, and individuals homozygous for wild-type MBL encoding gene (MBL2) have a well-functioning MBL pathway of complement activation, in contrast to individuals carrying one or two ..
- Mannose-binding lectin is involved in multiple organ dysfunction syndrome after cardiac surgery: effects of blood transfusionsYavuz M Bilgin
Department of Immunohematology and Blood Transfusion, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Transfusion 48:601-8. 2008Serum levels of mannose-binding lectin (MBL), a recognition molecule of the lectin pathway of complement, are highly variable, based on genetic variation...
- Mannan-binding lectin-associated serine protease-2 (MASP-2) in a large cohort of neonates and its clinical associationsAnna St Swierzko
Laboratory of Immunobiology of Infections, Institute of Medical Biology, Polish Academy of Sciences, Lodowa 106, 93 232 Lodz, Poland
Mol Immunol 46:1696-701. 2009One collectin (mannan-binding lectin, MBL) and three ficolins (M-ficolin/ficolin-1, L-ficolin/ficolin-2 and H-ficolin/ficolin-3) share the capability to activate complement via the lectin pathway...
- Mannose binding lectin and lung collectins interact with Toll-like receptor 4 and MD-2 by different mechanismsTakeyuki Shimizu
Department of Biochemistry, Sapporo Medical University School of Medicine, South 1 West 17, Chuo Ku, Sapporo 060 8556, Japan
Biochim Biophys Acta 1790:1705-10. 2009..Mannose binding lectin (MBL) is another collectin molecule which has structural homology to SP-A...
- Lack of the pattern recognition molecule mannose-binding lectin increases susceptibility to influenza A virus infectionWei Chuan Chang
Department of Pediatrics, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
BMC Immunol 11:64. 2010Mannose-binding lectin (MBL), a pattern recognition innate immune molecule, inhibits influenza A virus infection in vitro. MBL deficiency due to gene polymorphism in humans has been associated with infection susceptibility...
- Mannan Binding Lectin (MBL) genotypes coding for high MBL serum levels are associated with rheumatoid factor negative rheumatoid arthritis in never smokersSaedis Saevarsdottir
Rheumatology Unit, Department of Medicine, Karolinska University Hospital Solna, D2 01, 17176 Stockholm, Sweden
Arthritis Res Ther 13:R65. 2011Previous studies have provided inconsistent results on whether variants in the MBL2 gene, coding for the complement-activating mannan-binding lectin (MBL) protein, associate with rheumatoid arthritis (RA)...
- Mannan-binding lectin deficiency in pediatric patients with inflammatory bowel diseaseLeokadia Bak-Romaniszyn
Unit of Nutrition in Digestive Tract Disease, Medical University of Lodz, Lodz, Poland
Scand J Gastroenterol 46:1275-8. 2011..At least a fourth of patients are children. Mannan-binding lectin (MBL) is believed to be an important component of innate immunity, acting as an opsonin and activator of the lectin ..
- Mannose-binding lectin codon 54 genetic polymorphism and vaginal protein levels in women with gynecologic malignanciesNicole S Nevadunsky
Division of Gynecological Oncology, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, NY 10065, USA
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 163:216-8. 2012Mannose-binding lectin (MBL), an innate immune system component that binds to carbohydrates, activates the complement cascade and promotes destruction of microorganisms and abnormal cells...
- Mannose-binding lectin 2 gene and risk of adult gliomaDominique S Michaud
Department of Epidemiology, Brown Public Health, Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island, USA
PLoS ONE 8:e61117. 2013..The immune system is likely to play a key role in the etiology of gliomas. Genetic polymorphisms in the mannose-binding lectin gene, a key activator in the lectin complement pathway, have been associated with risk of several cancers...
- The significance of mannose-binding lectin gene polymorphisms on the risk of BK virus coinfection in women with human papillomavirus-positive cervical lesionsManola Comar
Department of Reproductive, Developmental, and Public Health Sciences, University of Trieste, and Clinical Unit of Hygiene and Preventive Medicine, IRCCS Burlo Garofolo, Trieste, Italy
Hum Immunol 72:663-6. 2011..To disclose a possible role of the gene encoding for the mannose-binding lectin, MBL2, in susceptibility to BKV infection, we analyzed functional polymorphisms in the first exon of MBL2 in women ..
- Association between donor MBL promoter haplotype and graft survival and the development of BOS after lung transplantationJanna M Munster
Department of Internal Medicine, University Medical Center Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Transplantation 86:1857-63. 2008..Mannose binding lectin (MBL), a recognition molecule of innate immunity, has been associated with transplant outcome in other solid organ ..
- Mannose binding lectin (MBL) gene mutation is not a risk factor for systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) and rheumatoid arthritis (RA) in JapaneseT Horiuchi
Kyushu University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
Genes Immun 1:464-6. 2000Mannose binding lectin (MBL) deficiency may be associated with increased susceptibility to infection and autoimmune disorders, such as systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) and rheumatoid arthritis (RA)...
- Influence of MBL-2 mutations in the infection risk of patients with follicular lymphoma treated with rituximab, fludarabine, and cyclophosphamideJoaquin Martinez-Lopez
Hospital 12 de Octubre, Madrid, Spain
Leuk Lymphoma 50:1283-9. 2009..The aim of the present study was to analyze mannose-binding lectin (MBL-2 gene) mutations and their association with severe infections and event-free survival in patients diagnosed with ..
- Sepsis in acute myeloid leukaemia patients receiving high-dose chemotherapy: no impact of chitotriosidase and mannose-binding lectin polymorphismsAnja Klostergaard
Department of Haematology, Aarhus University Hospital, Aarhus C, Denmark
Eur J Haematol 85:58-64. 2010..CHIT1) may be associated with Gram-negative sepsis in children with AML, and polymorphism in the MBL-coding gene (MBL2) seems to modify the risk of infections in several patient groups...
- Analysis of the relationship between mannose-binding lectin (MBL) genotype, MBL levels and function in an Australian blood donor populationR M Minchinton
Cooperative Research Centre for Vaccine Technology at the Australian Red Cross Blood Service, Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Scand J Immunol 56:630-41. 2002The mannose-binding lectin (MBL) pathway of complement activation is an important component of innate host defence. Numerous studies have described associations between the MBL genotype, MBL levels and disease susceptibility...
- Increased incidence and severity of the systemic inflammatory response syndrome in patients deficient in mannose-binding lectinKaty J Fidler
Infectious Diseases and Microbiology Unit, Institute of Child Health, 30 Guilford Street, London, WC1 N 1EH, UK
Intensive Care Med 30:1438-45. 2004To determine whether pediatric PICU patients with mannose-binding lectin (MBL) gene polymorphisms associated with low levels of the functional protein have an increased risk of developing sepsis and SIRS.
- S-nitrosylation of mannose binding lectin regulates its functional activities and the formation of autoantibody in rheumatoid arthritisBhawna Gupta
Proteomics and Structural Biology Division, Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology, Delhi University Campus, Mall Road, Delhi 110 007, India
Nitric Oxide 18:266-73. 2008The possibility of post-translational modifications of mannose binding lectin (MBL) leading to functional impairment of the MBL pathway and the presence of anti-MBL autoantibodies were reported earlier in rheumatoid arthritis (RA)...
- Association of mannose-binding lectin gene (MBL2) polymorphisms with rheumatoid arthritis in an Indian cohort of case-control samplesBhawna Gupta
Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology, Delhi University Campus, Mall Road, Delhi 110 007, India
J Hum Genet 50:583-91. 2005Single nucleotide polymorphisms in the mannose-binding lectin (MBL2) gene, as well as the serum MBL2 level, have been associated with various autoimmune diseases...
- Patients with rheumatoid arthritis have higher levels of mannan-binding lectin than their first-degree relatives and unrelated controlsSaedis Saevarsdottir
Department of Immunology and Center for Rheumatology Research, Landspitali University Hospital, Reykjavik, Iceland
J Rheumatol 34:1692-5. 2007..and synovial fluid; its levels vary widely, and the variations are strongly associated with polymorphisms in the MBL2 gene...
- Polymorphisms in the MBL2 promoter correlated with risk of HIV-1 vertical transmission and AIDS progressionM Boniotto
Genetic Service, IRCCS Burlo Garofolo and Chair of Genetics, University of Trieste, Via dell Istria 65 1, 34137 Trieste, Italy
Genes Immun 1:346-8. 2000We investigated the polymorphisms of the promoter region of the MBL2 gene, which codifies for the Mannose-binding protein (MBP)...
- Association of mannose-binding lectin gene variation with disease severity and infections in a population-based cohort of systemic lupus erythematosus patientsP Garred
Tissue Typing Laboratory 7631, Department of Clinical Immunology, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen, Denmark
Genes Immun 2:442-50. 2001This study describes the importance of mannose-binding lectin (MBL) variant alleles for systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) and accompanying infections in a population-based cohort...
- Enhancement of complement activation and opsonophagocytosis by complexes of mannose-binding lectin with mannose-binding lectin-associated serine protease after binding to Staphylococcus aureusOlaf Neth
Immunobiology Unit, Institute of Child Health and Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children, National Health Service Trust, 30 Guilford Street, London, WC1N 1EH, UK
J Immunol 169:4430-6. 2002Human mannose-binding lectin (MBL) is a serum protein of the innate immune system that circulates as a complex with a group of so-called MBL-associated serine proteases (MASP-1, MASP-2, and MASP-3)...
- Glycosylation inhibitors and neuraminidase enhance human immunodeficiency virus type 1 binding and neutralization by mannose-binding lectinMelanie L Hart
Department of Immunology Microbiology, Rush Presbyterian St Luke s Medical Center, 1563 W Congress Parkway, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
J Gen Virol 84:353-60. 2003Mannose-binding lectin (MBL), a C-type lectin component of the human innate immune system, binds to the gp120 envelope glycoprotein of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1)...
- Inhibition of DC-SIGN-mediated trans infection of T cells by mannose-binding lectinGregory T Spear
Department of Immunology Microbiology, Rush Presbyterian St Luke s Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
Immunology 110:80-5. 2003..We investigated the possibility that mannose-binding lectin (MBL), a soluble lectin that functions as a recognition molecule in innate immunity and that binds to HIV, could block ..
- Interaction of mannose-binding lectin with HIV type 1 is sufficient for virus opsonization but not neutralizationHongyu Ying
Department of Immunology Microbiology, Rush Presbyterian St Luke s Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 20:327-35. 2004Mannose-binding lectin (MBL), a microbe-recognition protein in serum, binds to high mannose glycans on HIV-1 gp120 and has been reported to neutralize the cell line-adapted strain HIV(IIIB)...
- Association between mannose-binding lectin and vascular complications in type 1 diabetesTroels K Hansen
Immunoendocrine Research Unit, Medical Department M Endocrinology and Diabetes, Aarhus University Hospital, Norrebrogade 42 44, DK 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
Diabetes 53:1570-6. 2004..We investigated serum mannose-binding lectin (MBL) levels and polymorphisms in the MBL gene in type 1 diabetic patients with and without diabetic nephropathy and ..
- Mannose-binding lectin gene polymorphism is a modulating factor in repeated respiratory infectionsKazunori Gomi
Department of Respiratory Oncology and Molecular Medicine, Institute of Development, Aging, and Cancer, Tohoku University, Sendai, Japan
Chest 126:95-9. 2004To clarify how mannose-binding lectin (MBL) participates in the pulmonary defense system.
- High rate of early restenosis after carotid eversion endarterectomy in homozygous carriers of the normal mannose-binding lectin genotypeSzabolcs Rugonfalvi-Kiss
Third Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Semmelweis University, Budapest, Hungary
Stroke 36:944-8. 2005Mannose-binding lectin (MBL) is thought to influence the pathophysiology of cardiovascular disease by decreasing the risk of advanced atherosclerosis and by contributing to enhanced ischemia reperfusion injury...
- Tumor-suppressive effects of MBP-1 in non-small cell lung cancer cellsAsish K Ghosh
Department of Pathology and Cancer Center, Saint Louis University, St Louis, Missouri 63104, USA
Cancer Res 66:11907-12. 2006..We have previously shown the antiproliferative effect of MBP-1 on several human cancer cells...
- The role of mannose-binding lectin in systemic lupus erythematosusOdirlei André Monticielo
Division of Rheumatology, Department of Internal Medicine, Hospital de Clinicas de Porto Alegre, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, Brazil
Clin Rheumatol 27:413-9. 2008..Recent studies proposed a role to the mannose-binding lectin (MBL) in the SLE physiopathogenesis...
- Detrimental effects of mannose-binding lectin (MBL2) promoter genotype XA/XA on HIV-1 vertical transmission and AIDS progressionA Mangano
Laboratorio de Biología Celular y Retrovirus, Hospital de Pediatria Juan P Garrahan, Buenos Aires, Argentina
J Infect Dis 198:694-700. 2008..Polymorphisms in the MBL2 gene reduce the level of protein and alter its structure...
- Mannose-binding lectin concentrations, MBL2 polymorphisms, and susceptibility to respiratory tract infections in young menAino Rantala
National Public Health Institute, Oulu, Finland
J Infect Dis 198:1247-53. 2008Mannose-binding lectin (MBL) is an important component of innate immunity, and its deficiency is associated with susceptibility to recurrent infections.
- Elevated MBL concentrations are not an indication of association between the MBL2 gene and type 1 diabetes or diabetic nephropathyMari A Kaunisto
Folkhalsan Institute of Genetics, Folkhalsan Research Center, Helsinki, Finland
Diabetes 58:1710-4. 2009..We investigated whether MBL2 polymorphisms are associated with type 1 diabetes or diabetic nephropathy and whether patients with nephropathy ..
- Mannose-binding lectin as a risk factor for acute coronary syndromesErkki Pesonen
Department of Pediatric Cardiology, University Hospital of Lund, Sweden
Ann Med 41:591-8. 2009Mannose-binding lectin (MBL) is a multifunctional protein involved in innate immunity. We tested whether MBL and elevated viral and bacterial antibodies were risk factors for acute coronary events.
- Human mannose-binding protein carbohydrate recognition domain trimerizes through a triple alpha-helical coiled-coilS Sheriff
Bristol Myers Squibb Pharmaceutical Research Institute, Princeton, NJ 08543 4000, USA
Nat Struct Biol 1:789-94. 1994..The spatial arrangement of the carbohydrate recognition domains suggest how MBP trimers form the basic recognition unit for branched oligosaccharides on microorganisms.
- A new frequent allele is the missing link in the structural polymorphism of the human mannan-binding proteinH O Madsen
Department of Clinical Immunology, Righospitalet, Copenhagen N, Denmark
Immunogenetics 40:37-44. 1994Human mannan-binding protein (MBP) is a serum lectin participating in the innate immune defence...
- Mannose-binding lectin binds to a range of clinically relevant microorganisms and promotes complement depositionO Neth
Immunobiology Unit, Institute of Child Health, University College London, NHS Trust, London, United Kingdom
Infect Immun 68:688-93. 2000Mannose-binding lectin (MBL) is a collagenous serum lectin believed to be of importance in innate immunity. Genetically determined low levels of the protein are known to predispose to infections...
- Acute respiratory tract infections and mannose-binding lectin insufficiency during early childhoodA Koch
Department of Epidemiology Research, Statens Serum Institut, Artillerivej 5, DK 2300 Copenhagen S, Denmark
JAMA 285:1316-21. 2001..that increased susceptibility to certain infections is associated with low serum levels of mannose-binding lectin (MBL) due to MBL variant alleles...
- C1q and mannose binding lectin engagement of cell surface calreticulin and CD91 initiates macropinocytosis and uptake of apoptotic cellsC A Ogden
Department of Pediatrics, National Jewish Medical and Research Center, Denver, CO 80206, USA
J Exp Med 194:781-95. 2001..Here we provide evidence that C1q and mannose binding lectin (MBL), a member of the collectin family of proteins, bind to apoptotic cells and stimulate ingestion of these by ..
- Mannose-binding lectin and the prognosis of fulminant hepatic failure caused by HBV infectionYukiya Hakozaki
Department of Internal Medicine, Japan Defense Forces Central Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
Liver 22:29-34. 2002The mannose-binding lectin (MBL) gene was reported to play an important role in determining the clinical outcome of persistent hepatitis B virus (HBV) infection...
- The development of asthma in children infected with Chlamydia pneumoniae is dependent on the modifying effect of mannose-binding lectinAdrienne Nagy
Budai Children s Hospital, Budapest, Hungary
J Allergy Clin Immunol 112:729-34. 2003..Data about the role of C pneumoniae in the initiation and development of asthma in children are controversial...
- Mannose-binding lectin-deficient mice are susceptible to infection with Staphylococcus aureusLei Shi
Laboratory of Developmental Immunology, Department of Pediatrics, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, 55 Fruit Street, JRG 1402, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Exp Med 199:1379-90. 2004..aureus. The mannose-binding lectin (MBL, also known as mannose-binding protein) is an oligomeric serum molecule that recognizes carbohydrates decorating a ..
- A population-based study of morbidity and mortality in mannose-binding lectin deficiencyMorten Dahl
Department of Clinical Biochemistry 54M1, Herlev Ringvej 75, Herlev University Hospital, DK 2730 Herlev, Denmark
J Exp Med 199:1391-9. 2004Reduced levels of wild-type mannose-binding lectin (MBL) may increase susceptibility for infection, other common diseases, and death...
- Mannose-binding lectin as a predictor of microalbuminuria in type 1 diabetes: an inception cohort studyPeter Hovind
Steno Diabetes Center, Niels Steensens Vej 2, DK 2820 Gentofte, Denmark
Diabetes 54:1523-7. 2005Inflammation and complement activation via the mannose-binding lectin (MBL) pathway have been suggested to play a role in the pathogenesis of diabetic microvascular complications...
- Extra-hepatic transcription of the human mannose-binding lectin gene (mbl2) and the MBL-associated serine protease 1-3 genesJeanette Seyfarth
Tissue Typing Laboratory 7631, Department of Clinical Immunology, Rigshospitalet, Blegdamsvej 9, DK 2100 Copenhagen Ø, Denmark
Mol Immunol 43:962-71. 2006..Therefore, we investigated whether mRNA transcribed from the human mbl2 gene as well as the masp genes was present in different tissues...
- The mannose-binding lectin gene polymorphisms and systemic lupus erythematosus: two case-control studies and a meta-analysisYoung Ho Lee
Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
Arthritis Rheum 52:3966-74. 2005Mannose-binding lectin (MBL) enhances opsonization and activates complement...
- Systemic lupus erythematosus in a multiethnic US cohort: XXXIV. Deficient mannose-binding lectin exon 1 polymorphisms are associated with cerebrovascular but not with other arterial thrombotic eventsJaime Calvo-Alen
University of Alabama at Birmingham, USA
Arthritis Rheum 54:1940-5. 2006To study the association between deficient mannose-binding lectin (MBL) genotypes and arterial thrombotic events in systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE).
- Protection from inflammatory disease in insulin resistance: the role of mannan-binding lectinJ M Fernandez-Real
Section of Diabetes, Endocrinology and Nutrition, University Hospital of Girona Dr Josep Trueta, Carretera de França s n, 17007, Girona, Spain
Diabetologia 49:2402-11. 2006Decreased sensing of the innate immune system may lead to chronic activation of the inflammatory cascade. We hypothesised that mannan-binding lectin (MBL) deficiency may confer risk of obesity and insulin resistance.
- Lung cancer survival and functional polymorphisms in MBL2, an innate-immunity geneSharon R Pine
Laboratory of Human Carcinogenesis, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 4258, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 99:1401-9. 2007..Five polymorphisms in the promoter and first exon of the MBL2 gene alter the expression and function of MBL in humans and are associated with inflammation-related disease ..
- Mannose binding lectin gene polymorphisms are associated with type 1 diabetes in Brazilian children and adolescentsJacqueline Araujo
Pediatric Endocrinology Unit of Clinical Hospital, Federal University of Pernambuco and Maternal and Children s Institute of Pernambuco, Recife, Brazil
Hum Immunol 68:739-43. 2007..constituent of the innate immune system, the serum levels of which are greatly affected by polymorphisms of the MBL2 gene: three polymorphisms in exon 1, as well as nucleotide variations in the promoter region of the gene, have been ..
- Mannose-binding lectin genotypes are associated with shorter gestational age. An evolutionary advantage of low MBL production genotypes?F E van de Geijn
Department of Rheumatology, Erasmus MC University Medical Center Rotterdam, Room Ee 965, P O Box 2040, 3000 CA Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Mol Immunol 45:1514-8. 2008The complement factor mannose-binding lectin (MBL) is associated with adverse pregnancy outcome. MBL serum concentrations are increased from early pregnancy onwards and depend upon several gene polymorphisms...
- Relation among mannose-binding lectin 2 genotype, beta-cell autoantibodies, and risk for type 1 diabetes in Finnish childrenJ Aittoniemi
Department of Clinical Microbiology, Centre for Laboratory Medicine, Pirkanmaa Hospital District, Tampere, Finland
Hum Immunol 69:108-11. 2008..lectin (MBL) is a key mediator of innate immunity, the insufficiency of which is caused by point mutations in the MBL2 gene...
- Mannose-binding lectin status is associated with risk of major infection following myeloablative sibling allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantationCharles G Mullighan
Institute of Medical and Veterinary Science, Adelaide, Australia
Blood 112:2120-8. 2008..We previously reported associations between MBL2 genotype and infection in a retrospective study of myeloablative allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation ..
- Mannose-binding lectin polymorphisms are not associated with rheumatoid arthritis--confirmation in two large cohortsF E van de Geijn
Department of Rheumatology, Erasmus MC University Medical Center Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Rheumatology (Oxford) 47:1168-71. 2008..results have been described on the association between genotypes of the complement factor mannose-binding lectin (MBL) and disease susceptibility and severity...
- Genetic and other factors determining mannose-binding lectin levels in American Indians: the Strong Heart StudyLyle G Best
Missouri Breaks Industries Research Inc, Timber Lake, SD, USA
BMC Med Genet 10:5. 2009..MBL gene (MBL2) variants with between 12 to 25% allele frequency in Caucasian and other populations, result in markedly reduced ..
- Macrophage-specific expression of mannose-binding lectin controls atherosclerosis in low-density lipoprotein receptor-deficient miceRobert A Matthijsen
Department of Surgery, Maastricht University Medical Centre and School for Nutrition and Metabolism, Maastricht, Netherlands
Circulation 119:2188-95. 2009With consideration of the central role of the innate immune system in atherogenesis and mannose-binding lectin (MBL) as an innate regulator of immunity, the role of MBL in experimental and human atherosclerosis was assessed.
- Genetically-defined deficiency of mannose-binding lectin is associated with protection after experimental stroke in mice and outcome in human strokeAlvaro Cervera
Comprehensive Stroke Center, Hospital Clinic, Institut d Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer IDIBAPS, Medical School, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
PLoS ONE 5:e8433. 2010..The latter is initiated by mannose-binding lectin (MBL) and MBL-associated serine proteases (MASPs)...
- Functional variants in MBL2 are associated with type 2 diabetes and pre-diabetes traits in Pima Indians and the old order AmishYunhua L Muller
Diabetes Molecular Genetics Section and, Diabetes Epidemiology, the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive andKidney Disease, The National Institutes of Health, Phoenix, Arizona, USA
Diabetes 59:2080-5. 2010b>MBL2 encodes the mannose-binding lectin, which is a key player in the innate immune system and has recently been found to play a role in insulin resistance and development of type 1 diabetes and gestational diabetes mellitus...
- Genetically determined serum levels of mannose-binding lectin correlate negatively with common carotid intima-media thickness in systemic lupus erythematosusLone N Troelsen
Department of Rheumatology, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen University Hospital, Blegdamsvej 9, DK 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
J Rheumatol 37:1815-21. 2010..Variant alleles of the mannose-binding lectin gene (MBL2) causing low serum concentrations of functional mannose-binding lectin (MBL) are associated with SLE and ..
- Mannose-binding lectin genotype and phenotype in patients with type 2 diabetes and myocardial infarction: a report from the DIGAMI 2 trialL G Mellbin
Department of Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Diabetes Care 33:2451-6. 2010The present study characterizes mannose-binding lectin (MBL), an activator of the complement system and thereby important for inflammatory activation, in patients with diabetes and myocardial infarction.
- Mannose-binding lectin deficiency influences innate and antigen-presenting functions of blood myeloid dendritic cellsMelinda M Dean
Australian Red Cross Blood Service, 44 Musk Avenue Kelvin Grove, QLD, Australia
Immunology 132:296-305. 2011..Individuals with mutations in exon 1 of the MBL2 gene have reduced MBL ligand binding and complement activation function and increased incidence of infection...
- Genotypes coding for mannose-binding lectin deficiency correlated with cryptococcal meningitis in HIV-uninfected Chinese patientsXue Ting Ou
Department of Infectious Diseases, Huashan Hospital, Shanghai, China
J Infect Dis 203:1686-91. 2011There is increasing evidence that mannose-binding lectin (MBL) has a complex role in many diseases, particularly in infectious diseases. However, the relationship between MBL deficiency and cryptococcal meningitis has not been clarified...
- Mannose-binding lectin deficiency linked to cytomegalovirus (CMV) reactivation and survival in lung transplantationJ M Kwakkel-van Erp
Respiratory Medicine, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Clin Exp Immunol 165:410-6. 2011..Mannose-binding lectin (MBL) is a pattern recognition molecule of complement and an important component of the innate immunity...
- The role of mannose-binding lectin in pneumococcal infectionM Isabel Garcia-Laorden
Dept of Immunology, Hospital Universitario de Gran Canaria Dr Negrin, Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Spain
Eur Respir J 41:131-9. 2013The role of mannose-binding lectin (MBL) deficiency (MBL2; XA/O and O/O genotypes) in host defences remains controversial...
- Mannose-binding lectin and susceptibility to schistosomiasisJustin S Antony
Institute of Tropical Medicine, University of Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany
J Infect Dis 207:1675-83. 2013Human ficolin 2 (encoded by FCN2) and mannose-binding lectin (encoded by MBL2) bind to specific pathogen-associated molecular patterns, activate the complement lectin cascade in a similar manner, and are associated with several infectious ..
- MBL2 variations and malaria susceptibility in Indian populationsAditya Nath Jha
CSIR Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology, Hyderabad, India
Infect Immun 82:52-61. 2014Human mannose-binding lectin (MBL) encoded by the MBL2 gene is a pattern recognition protein and has been associated with many infectious diseases, including malaria...
- High frequencies in African and non-African populations of independent mutations in the mannose binding protein geneR J Lipscombe
Molecular Immunology Unit, Institute of Child Health, London
Hum Mol Genet 1:709-15. 1992..a point mutation (GGC-->GAC) in codon 54 of exon 1 of the gene for the human lectin mannose binding protein (MBP)...
- A second serine protease associated with mannan-binding lectin that activates complementS Thiel
Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology, University of Aarhus, Denmark
Nature 386:506-10. 1997..surfaces, and by an antibody-independent pathway that is initiated by the binding of mannan-binding lectin (MBL; first described as mannan-binding protein) to carbohydrates...
- The serum mannose-binding protein and the macrophage mannose receptor are pattern recognition molecules that link innate and adaptive immunityI P Fraser
Laboratory of Developmental Immunology and Department of Pediatrics, Massachusetts General Hospital, and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Semin Immunol 10:363-72. 1998..In this way, these pattern recognition molecules are able to serve as a link between the innate and adaptive immune systems...
- Interaction of mannose-binding lectin with primary isolates of human immunodeficiency virus type 1M Saifuddin
Department of Immunology Microbiology, Rush University, 1653 West Congress Parkway, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
J Gen Virol 81:949-55. 2000Mannose-binding lectin (MBL) is present in human serum and plays an important role in innate immunity by binding to carbohydrate on micro-organisms...
- Endothelial oxidative stress activates the lectin complement pathway: role of cytokeratin 1C D Collard
Department of Anesthesiology, Perioperative, and Pain Medicine, Center for Experimental Therapeutics and Reperfusion Injury, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Am J Pathol 159:1045-54. 2001Oxidative stress increases endothelial mannose-binding lectin (MBL) binding and activates the lectin complement pathway (LCP). However, the molecular mechanism of MBL binding to the endothelium after oxidative stress is unknown...
- Mannose-binding lectin (MBL) mutants are susceptible to matrix metalloproteinase proteolysis: potential role in human MBL deficiencyGeorgina S Butler
Department of Oral Biological and Medical Sciences, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia V6T 1Z3, Canada
J Biol Chem 277:17511-9. 2002Mannose-binding lectin (MBL) plays a critical role in innate immunity...
- Mannose-binding lectin gene polymorphisms are associated with major infection following allogeneic hemopoietic stem cell transplantationCharles G Mullighan
Research and Development, Australian Red Cross Blood Service, South Australia
Blood 99:3524-9. 2002..We investigated associations between MBL2 gene polymorphisms and risk of major infection following allogeneic SCT...
- The effect of mannose binding lectin gene polymorphisms on susceptibility to tuberculosis in different ethnic groupsHana M El Sahly
Department of Pathology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Scand J Infect Dis 36:106-8. 2004In order to investigate the role of MBL gene polymorphisms in susceptibility to tuberculosis (TB) we genotyped 487 TB cases and 232 controls...
- Large-scale candidate gene study of tuberculosis susceptibility in the Karonga district of northern MalawiJodene Fitness
Wellcome Trust Centre for Human Genetics, University of Oxford, Oxford, United Kingdom
Am J Trop Med Hyg 71:341-9. 2004..Genetic susceptibility to TB in Africans appears polygenic. The relevant genes and variants may vary significantly between populations, and may be affected by HIV infection status...
- Polymorphisms in CD14, mannose-binding lectin, and Toll-like receptor-2 are associated with increased prevalence of infection in critically ill adultsAinsley M Sutherland
University of British Columbia Critical Care Research Laboratories, James Hogg iCAPTURE Centre St Paul s Hospital, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Crit Care Med 33:638-44. 2005....
- Analysis of mannose-binding lectin 2 (MBL2) genotype and the serum protein levels in the Korean populationSeong Gene Lee
Asan Institute for Life Sciences, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Seoul, South Korea
Mol Immunol 42:969-77. 2005..We have analyzed six SNPs of MBL2 gene--three at promoter (-550, -435, and -221), one at 5'-untranslational region (UTR) (+4), and two at coding (..
- Gregory L Stahl; Fiscal Year: 2016..is the production of reactive oxygen species, which we showed to be responsible for mannose binding lectin (MBL) ligand expression in ischemia/reperfusion (I/R) models...
- Innate Immunity, Biomarkers and Myocardial InfarctionGregory L Stahl; Fiscal Year: 2010..We believe this will be a fruitful area of investigation, as multiple polymorphisms in the MBL2 gene lead to MBL deficiency in 10-15% of the population...
- Genetic Epidemiology of Life-Threatening Influenza Infection in ChildrenAdrienne Randolph; Fiscal Year: 2009..inducible protein (RIG-I), the collectins surfactant proteins A and D (SP-A, SP-D) and mannose binding lectin (MBL), Vitamin D related genes (VDR), and genes influencing down-stream cytokines such as interferon-alpha (IFN-[..
- Mannose Binding Lectin in Neuroinflammation and NeuroAIDSKumud K Singh; Fiscal Year: 2013..Mannose binding lectin (MBL), coded by MBL2 gene, is an active phase protein that mounts innate immune response against risk of infections by recognizing ..
- Gregory L Stahl; Fiscal Year: 2014..In the last funding cycle, we showed that inhibition of mannose binding lectin (MBL) protected the ischemic gastrointestinal system from the primary ischemic event...
- Molecular Mechanism of Entamoeba histolytica phagocytosisChristopher D Huston; Fiscal Year: 2012..In mammals, collectin family members (e.g., mannose binding lectin (MBL)) and the structurally related protein C1q bind to apoptotic cells, and initiate phagocytosis by interaction of ..
- MECHANISMS OF COMPLEMENT INDUCED ENDOTHELIAL DYSFUNCTIONGREGORY STAHL; Fiscal Year: 2009..g., cobra venom factor) and genetically deficient complement component (e.g., C3, C4, MBL, factor D, C1qa) mice have revealed an important role of complement and the specific pathways involved in ischemia/..
- Development of novel immunotherapy for influenza virus infectionKazue Takahashi; Fiscal Year: 2011..The proposal is based on the fact that mannose-binding lectin (MBL) is a broad-spectrum molecule of innate immunity...
- Evolutionary lead optimization for immunotherapy of Marburg & Ebola virusesEMMETT VANCE SCHMIDT; Fiscal Year: 2010..The proposal builds on the fact that the mannose-binding lectin (MBL) is a broad-spectrum molecule of innate immunity...
- PATHOGENESIS OF ACANTHAMOEBA KERATITISNoorjahan Panjwani; Fiscal Year: 2013..funding period, we have characterized a major virulence protein of Acanthamoeba, the mannose-binding protein (MBP), that mediates the adhesion of parasites to host cells...
- Blocking Milk-Borne HIV by Commensal BacteriaLin Tao; Fiscal Year: 2004..Specifically, we will study a novel factor of the oral innate immunity--mannose-binding lectin (MBL)--of commensal bacteria...
- EXPRESSION OF THE MYELIN BASIC PROTEIN GENECARMIE PUCKETT; Fiscal Year: 1991..One of those mutants, the shiverer mouse, has been shown to have a partial deletion of the myelin basic protein (MBP) gene. This single gene codes for four different forms of MBP, a major myelin protein...
- Innate Immunity and Cardiovascular FunctionGregory L Stahl; Fiscal Year: 2010..feature of these three pathways is the production of reactive oxygen species, which we showed to be responsible for MBL ligand expression in ischemia/reperfusion models...
- Pneumococcal capsule and host innate immunityMoon H Nahm; Fiscal Year: 2012..L-ficolin is a recently discovered innate opsonin in the blood that resembles mannose binding lectin (MBL) in structure, targets acetyl groups, and initiates the lectin-dependent complement cascade by activating MBL- ..
- David J Salant; Fiscal Year: 2015..The presence of mannan-binding lectin (MBL) and activated C4 but absent C1q in the immune deposits suggests that the lectin pathway may be involved...
- MICHAEL CRAIG CARROLL; Fiscal Year: 2014..we reported a third pathway in which lymph-borne influenza (UV-inactivated) was rapidly opsonized via mannan binding lectin and bound by macrophages lining both the subcapsular sinus and the medullary regions...
- Mannose binding lectin and outcomes following CABGGREGORY L contact STAHL; Fiscal Year: 2010..Preliminary haplotype data from the CABG Genomics Program demonstrate that the high expressor MBL2 "LYQA secretor" haplotype is an independent predictor of postoperative myocardial infarction following CABG surgery...
- Activation and regulation of the lectin pathwayNenoo Rawal; Fiscal Year: 2007..Activation of complement via this pathway depends on the binding of mannan binding lectin (MBL) to mannose residues on the cell surface of microorganisms...
- Mannose-Binding Lectin Haplotypes and Infection RiskJohn Landers; Fiscal Year: 2004Mannose-binding lectin (MBL) plays an important role in the innate immune response via its ability to recognize sugar moieties on the surfaces of a great variety of pathogens...
- Myelin Composition Influence on Bilayer Interactions in Multiple SclerosisJacob N Israelachvili; Fiscal Year: 2010..that the interactions between the cytoplasmic sides of the membranes are due primarily to myelin basic protein (MBP) that couples to the lipid composition, with the anionic lipid and protein isoform content being especially ..
- Mining the Multiple Sclerosis miRNome for Disease MarkersAmy E Lovett Racke; Fiscal Year: 2010..MS is considered an autoimmune disease, as supported by the presence of activated myelin basic protein (MBP)-specific T cells...
- Tibor T Glant; Fiscal Year: 2016..The protective/suppressive regions of DBA/2 origin were stepwise reduced to ~3.0 mega basepair (Mbp) size, and 4 parents (DBA/2 and BALB/c) and 6 PGISpA-resistant and PGISpA-susceptible congenic mice were sequenced ..
- Arthur A Vandenbark; Fiscal Year: 2014..and Th17 cells specific for neuroantigens such as myelin oligodendroglial glycoprotein (MOG), myelin basic protein (MBP) and proteolipid protein (PLP) can induce severe signs of experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis (EAE) in mice ..
- GENE THERAPEUTIC APPROACH FOR TOLERANCE INDUCTIONDAVID WILLIAM SCOTT; Fiscal Year: 2013..provided by applicant): Modulation of immune responses against CNS antigens, such as myelin basic protein (MBP) and myelin oligodendrocyte glycoprotein (MOG), is a goal for therapeutic intervention in multiple sclerosis...
- Structure and function analysis of C1/C1q and MBL using a novel peptide inhibitorNEEL KUMAR KRISHNA; Fiscal Year: 2012..the molecular basis of complement activation upon initial recognition of ligand by the C1q (classical pathway) and MBL (lectin pathway) complex as a prerequisite to the development of therapeutic methods to attenuate or prevent host ..
- Kamal D Moudgil; Fiscal Year: 2014..including myelin oligodendrocyte glycoprotein (MOG), proteolipid protein (PLP), and myelin basic protein (MBP) have been implicated in the pathogenesis of MS...
- Shirley ShiDu Yan; Fiscal Year: 2014..microarray analysis to identify differences in gene expression between mice-induced by myelin basic protein (MBP) and naive mice...
- FENG C LIN; Fiscal Year: 2015..in vivo bone turnover by assessing bone structure in several OVXed complement knockout mice (Factor D-/-, C1q-/-, MBL-/-, C3-/-, C3aR-/- ,C5aR-/-, and C3aR-/-C5aR-/-) and wild type (WT) controls;microCT and bone histomorphometry will ..
- The role of lectin-complexes in complement-mediated coagulopathyLaura R La Bonte; Fiscal Year: 2011..Preliminary data demonstrates multiple interactions of the MBL complex with several coagulation proteins...
- Inflammation and Degeneration of Optic Nerve in EAENaren L Banik; Fiscal Year: 2013..In vitro interferon (IFN[unreadable]) induced calpain activation in glial cells and MBP-specific T cell supernatant degraded MBP...
- REGULATION OF AUTOIMMUNITY WITH T CELL RECEPTOR PEPTIDESArthur A Vandenbark; Fiscal Year: 2010..anti-TCR response, we will utilize DR2 mice that also express a human TCR specific for myelin basic protein (MBP)-85-99 peptide...
- ACTIVATION OF NF-KB IN GLIAL CELLS AND CNS OF EAEKalipada Pahan; Fiscal Year: 2009..Second, we will study the role of p40-2 and p40 in modulating the ability of MBP-specific T cells to differentiate into either Th1 or Th2 type using recombinant proteins as well as monoclonal ..
- Miroslaw Janowski; Fiscal Year: 2014..cells, and will also enable post mortem assessment of graft differentiation using immunohistochemistry against MBP. Our preliminary studies have demonstrated that the survival of cells grafted into immunocompetent hosts is highly ..
- Encapsulated Active Vitamin D Vaccine for the Treatment of Multiple SclerosisKristy M Ainslie; Fiscal Year: 2012..the polymer acetalated dextran (Ac-DEX) that encapsulate the active form of vitamin D, and myelin basic protein (MBP) will initiate the formation of MBP specific inducible T-reg cells (iT-regs) capable of suppressing MS in an ..
- Recognition of Self and Mutated Self by Autoimmune and Tumor-Specific TCRsSUZANNE LOUISE TOPALIAN; Fiscal Year: 2012..2005, however, we reported the structure of an autoimmune TCR bound to a self- peptide from myelin basic protein (MBP) and HLA-DR2a...
- Cell-based Gene Therapy for Multiple SclerosisKATHERINE LOUIE; Fiscal Year: 2010..to our therapy and that can be used in a clinical trial to monitor for safety, * to generate and characterize the MBP peptide-secreting human fibroblasts (MRC5-MBP) that will constitute Anergix's therapy Immune studies will be ..
- VERNON MICHAEL HOLERS; Fiscal Year: 2016..that the alternative pathway is primed in vivo for the development of pathologic injury by the activities of the MBL associated serum protease (MASP) protein MASP1 on pro-factor D, as well as define the role of the receptors for the ..
- Characterization of lymphocytes that suppress EAEJuan LaFaille; Fiscal Year: 2010..Mice which harbor a monoclonal myelin basic protein (MBP)-specific ab T cell compartment develop EAE spontaneously...
- Buprenorphine effects on oligodendrocyte development and axonal growthCarmen Sato Bigbee; Fiscal Year: 2010..buprenorphine caused an accelerated brain expression of the four major splicing isoforms of myelin basic protein (MBP), oligodendroglial and myelin components that are considered to be markers of mature oligodendrocytes (OLGs)...
- Transcriptional control of oligodendrocyte differentiation and myelinationMENSHENG QIU; Fiscal Year: 2013..2 in oligodendrocyte cell line inhibits MBP gene expression, raising the possibility that Nkx2...
- CA IN MYELIN PRODUCING CELLSKen McCarthy; Fiscal Year: 1993..for oligodendroglia are glycerol phosphate dehydrogenase (GPDH), galactocerebroside (GC) and myelin basic protein (MBP)...
- ANTI-IDIOTYPIC AUTOIMMUNITY IN MULTIPLE SCLEROSISChristine Rohowsky Kochan; Fiscal Year: 1992..of T cell clones specifically reactive against myelin components, in particular, the basic protein of myelin (MBP)...
- DEPLETION OF AUTOREACTIVE/T CELLS IN MULTIPLE SCLEROSISJingwu Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2000DESCRIPTION (Adapted from Investigator's abstract): Myelin basic protein (MBP)-specific T-cells may play an important role in the pathogenesis of multiple sclerosis (MS)...
- REGULATION OF MYELIN BASIC PROTEIN GENE EXPRESSIONShohreh Amini; Fiscal Year: 2000The MBI regulatory sequence of the myelin basic protein (MBP) gene spanning between nucleotides -14 to -50 with respect to the transcription start site is critical for cell type-specific transcription of the MBP gene which encodes the ..
- CELL SURFACE CARBOHYDRATE RECOGNITION BY C-TYPE LECTINSWILLIAM WEIS; Fiscal Year: 2006..When an MBP oligomer binds to a target surface, MBP-Associated Serine Proteases, or MASPs, are activated, which in turn ..
- Protein switches created by domain insertion: modeling, prediction, and design.MONICA BERRONDO; Fiscal Year: 2010..was engineered through combinatorial library searching to couple the function of maltodextrin binding protein (MBP) and TEM-1 3-lactamase (BLA)...
- Genetics and Haloperidol ResponseRobert J Hitzemann; Fiscal Year: 2012..The SNP data obtained in aim1 will be used to map these QTLs to a high resolution (1-2 megabase pairs [Mbp]), to confirm the QTL haplotype structure and to determine which genes within the intervals have non-synonymous ..
- Tibor T Glant; Fiscal Year: 2014..2-151.7 Mbp region, including PTPN22) shows the most prominent linkage with RA, after the MHC...
- Christopher A Bradfield; Fiscal Year: 2014..We have mapped the mouse PPCD1 gene, designated "Ppcd1", to a 6.2 Mbp interval on Chromosome 2, and identified a hemizygous 87,000 bp duplication in this interval...
- Pre-BCR Function Selecting Novel B Cell Receptors in Chronic Lymphocytic LeukemiaKyoko Hayakawa; Fiscal Year: 2010..of one kind of autoreactive B-cell in the mouse that may model the cell type with a propensity to become MBL and eventually, CLL...
- Preserving beta-lactam utility against pathogens producing all classes of beta-laLUIGI XERRI; Fiscal Year: 2012..product demonstrates potent inhibition of carbapenem-resistant strains of Enterobacteriaceae that express both an MBL and at least one serine-b-lactamase...
- Timothy Palzkill; Fiscal Year: 2016..active site positions, a high resolution picture of the determinants of catalysis and substrate specificity for an MBL will emerge...
- Genetic analysis of a spontaneous mutation in a rat with a novel hind limb defectDebasish Sinha; Fiscal Year: 2010..This disease interval has been reduced to a chromosomal region of 2.7 Mbp. Based on the Reference Sequence annotation database for the most current rat genome assembly, there are 8 ..
- Molecular Pathogenesis of Monoclonal B Cell Lymphocytosis and CLLMark C Lanasa; Fiscal Year: 2013..Monoclonal B cell lymphocytosis (MBL) is an asymptomatic hematologic syndrome characterized by small accumulations of clonal B lymphocytes in the ..
- Tony L Yaksh; Fiscal Year: 2016..a fundamentally novel mechanism explaining this phenomenon: selective proteolysis of myelin basic protein (MBP) by matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs) releases the cryptic immunodominant epitopes, MBP84-104 and MBP69-86, normally ..
- GURJEET SINGH BIRDEE; Fiscal Year: 2016..These projects will inform and advance implementation of MBP for patients with chronic disease...
- James J Hickman; Fiscal Year: 2016..Schwann cell myelination of motoneurons, with complete Node of Ranvier formation, and derived pure populations of MBP (myelin basic protein) positive oligodendrocytes from human mesenchymal stem cells...
- Development of MASP-2 MoAbs for the treatment of diabetic nephropathyTHOMAS ANTON DUDLER; Fiscal Year: 2010..The MBL- associated protease 2 (MASP-2), an enzyme unique to the lectin pathway and required for its function, has been ..
- Zhaolan Zhou; Fiscal Year: 2014..ligase (BirA) and GFP in a spatially and temporally controlled manner;while the other line carries an endogenous MBP tagged with a biotinylation signal sequence...
- Programming dendritic cells to induce tolerogenic response and suppress brain infSanthakumar Manicassamy; Fiscal Year: 2013..EAE (Aim 1);(ii) Test the hypothesis that the [unreadable]-catenin/TCF-4 pathway in DCs is critical for inducing MBP-specific T regulatory cells differentiation and suppressing pathological Th1/Th17 cell differentiation (Aim 2);(iii)..
- Assessing Workplace Phthalate Exposures Among Massage Therapy StudentsVICTORIA PAK; Fiscal Year: 2010..therapist students to phthalates in the work setting;2)To determine the levels of the urinary biomarkers MEP and MBP, the main metabolites of Diethyl Phthalate (DEP) and Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP) in massage therapist students, while ..
- Generation of Ikaros conditional knockout miceSUSAN M WINANDY; Fiscal Year: 2012..This will be done with the assistance of the Mouse Biology Program (MBP) at University of California, Davis...
- CYTOKINE REGULATION OF HUMAN EOSINOPHIL GENESSteven Ackerman; Fiscal Year: 2006..Our objective is to continue these studies in vivo using the IL-5Ralpha subunit and granule major basic protein (MBP) genes as models for defining the eosinophil developmental program in the general context of myelopoiesis...
- FACTORS DETERMINING PROTEIN LOCALIZATION IN E. COLIJANNE CANNON; Fiscal Year: 1992..has been intensively investigating the synthesis and secretion of the periplasmic maltose-binding protein (MBP) of Escherichia coli using a combination of genetic and biochemical approaches...