Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MBD1
Description: methyl-CpG binding domain protein 1
Alias: CXXC3, PCM1, RFT, methyl-CpG-binding domain protein 1, CXXC-type zinc finger protein 3, methyl-CpG binding domain protein 1 isoform PCM1, protein containing methyl-CpG-binding domain 1, the regulator of fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF-2) transcription
Publications282 found, 100 shown here
- Interaction between the 2'-5' oligoadenylate synthetase-like protein p59 OASL and the transcriptional repressor methyl CpG-binding protein 1Jesper B Andersen
Department of Molecular Biology MBI, University of Aarhus, Denmark
Eur J Biochem 271:628-36. 2004..Methyl CpG-binding protein 1 (MBD1), which functions as a transcriptional repressor, was identified as a strong p59 OASL interactor...
- Methyl-CpG binding domain 1 (MBD1) interacts with the Suv39h1-HP1 heterochromatic complex for DNA methylation-based transcriptional repressionNaoyuki Fujita
Department of Regeneration Medicine, Institute of Molecular Embryology and Genetics, Kumamoto University, 2 2 1 Honjo, Kumamoto 860 0811, Japan
J Biol Chem 278:24132-8. 2003..b>MBD1 possesses an MBD involved in mediating DNA methylation-dependent transcriptional repression...
- Methylated DNA-binding domain 1 and methylpurine-DNA glycosylase link transcriptional repression and DNA repair in chromatinSugiko Watanabe
Department of Regeneration Medicine, Institute of Molecular Embryology and Genetics, Kumamoto University, 2 2 1 Honjo, Kumamoto 860 0811, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:12859-64. 2003..We report here that methylation-mediated transcriptional repressor methylated DNA-binding domain 1 (MBD1) interacts with methylpurine-DNA glycosylase (MPG), which excises damaged bases from substrate DNA...
- Common variants at 2q37.3, 8q24.21, 15q21.3 and 16q24.1 influence chronic lymphocytic leukemia riskDalemari Crowther-Swanepoel
Institute of Cancer Research, Sutton, Surrey, UK
Nat Genet 42:132-6. 2010..2 (rs783540, CPEB1; OR = 1.18; P = 3.67 x 10(-6)) and 18q21.1 (rs1036935; OR = 1.22; P = 2.28 x 10(-6)). These data provide further evidence for genetic susceptibility to this B-cell hematological malignancy...
- Active repression of methylated genes by the chromosomal protein MBD1H H Ng
Institute of Cell and Molecular Biology, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh EH9 3JR, United Kingdom
Mol Cell Biol 20:1394-406. 2000b>MBD1 belongs to a family of mammalian proteins that share a methyl-CpG binding domain...
- Methyl-CpG-DNA binding proteins in human prostate cancer: expression of CXXC sequence containing MBD1 and repression of MBD2 and MeCP2Samir K Patra
Department of Urology, Urology Research Center 112F, University of California at San Francisco and Veterans Affairs Medical Center, 4150 Clement Street, San Francisco, CA 94121, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 302:759-66. 2003We analyzed gene expression of MBD1, MBD2, MBD3, MBD4, and MeCP2 and protein expression of MBD1, MBD2, and MeCP2 in prostate cancer cell lines, benign prostate epithelium (BPH-1) cell line, 49 BPH tissues, and 46 prostate cancer tissues...
- Methyl-CpG binding domain proteins and their involvement in the regulation of the MAGE-A1, MAGE-A2, MAGE-A3, and MAGE-A12 gene promotersFrank Wischnewski
Institute of Tumor Biology, University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, Martinstrasse 52, 20246 Hamburg, Germany
Mol Cancer Res 5:749-59. 2007..mechanism underlying methylation-dependent repression, we examined the involvement of methyl-CpG binding proteins, MBD1, MBD2a, and MeCP2, in silencing of MAGE-A1, MAGE-A2, MAGE-A3, and MAGE-A12 genes...
- Mechanism of transcriptional regulation by methyl-CpG binding protein MBD1N Fujita
Department of Tumor Genetics and Biology, Kumamoto University School of Medicine, Kumamoto 860 0811, Japan
Mol Cell Biol 20:5107-18. 2000..MBD1 has at least five isoforms due to alternative splicing events, resulting in the presence of CXXC1, CXXC2, and CXXC3 in MBD1 isoforms v1 (MBD1v1) and MBD1v2, and CXXC1 and CXXC2 in MBD1v3 and -v4...
- The methyl-CpG binding protein MBD1 interacts with the p150 subunit of chromatin assembly factor 1Brian E Reese
Tumor Biology Division, The Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21231, USA
Mol Cell Biol 23:3226-36. 2003..such as histone deacetylases, to methylated DNA via a family of proteins called methyl-CpG binding proteins (MBD1 to -4)...
- Sex-specific windows for high mRNA expression of DNA methyltransferases 1 and 3A and methyl-CpG-binding domain proteins 2 and 4 in human fetal gonadsDanuta Galetzka
Institute for Human Genetics, Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany
Mol Reprod Dev 74:233-41. 2007..We propose that the sex-specific time windows for concomitant upregulation of DNMT1, DNMT3A, MBD2, and MBD4 are associated with prenatal remethylation of the human male and female germ line...
- DNA methylation represses IFN-gamma-induced and signal transducer and activator of transcription 1-mediated IFN regulatory factor 8 activation in colon carcinoma cellsJon M McGough
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Medical College of Georgia, 1459 Laney Walker Boulevard, Augusta, GA 30912, USA
Mol Cancer Res 6:1841-51. 2008..Silencing methyl-CpG binding domain protein 1 (MBD1) expression resulted in IRF8 activation by IFN-gamma in human colon carcinoma cells with methylated IRF8 promoter...
- [Effects of two treatment regimens for drug-resistant tuberculosis in tuberculosis control project areas: a comparative study]Liang Li
Beijing Chest Hospital, Beijing 101149, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 88:3387-91. 2008..To search for an ideal therapeutic regimen for multidrug resistant tuberculosis conforming to the situation of China...
- Expression of citrate permease gene of plasmid pCM1 isolated from Lactococcus lactis subsp. lactis biovar diacetylactis NIAI N-7 in Lactobacillus casei L-49-4Hwa Yong An
The Graduate School of Natural Science and Technology, Okayama University, Tsushima, Okayama, 700 8530, Japan
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 74:609-16. 2007..vector pJLECit (8,232 bp) was constructed using citrate permease gene contained in the 3,919-bp fragment of plasmid pCM1 (8,280 bp) isolated from Lactococcus lactis subsp...
- 5-HT1A and 5-HT2 receptors mediate discrete behaviors in the Mongolian gerbilA S Eison
CNS Special Projects, Bristol Myers Squibb Company, Wallingford, CT 06492
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 43:131-7. 1992..This syndrome, analogous to the 5-HT syndrome in the rat, consists of reciprocal forepaw treading (RFT), hindleg abduction (HA), body tremors (BT), and Straub tail (ST). The putative 5-HT1A antagonist NAN-190 (0...
- Published genetic variants in retinopathy of prematurity: random forest analysis suggests a negligible contribution to risk and severityGyorgy Dunai
Csolnoky Ferenc Hospital, Veszprem, Hungary
Curr Eye Res 33:501-5. 2008..We applied a high-dimensional nonparametric method called random forest technique (RFT) to evaluate the predictive value of genetic polymorphisms in ROP at birth.
- Dose-dependent alterations in gene expression in mouse liver induced by diethylnitrosamine and ethylnitrosourea and determined by quantitative real-time PCRTakashi Watanabe
Functional Genomics Laboratory, School of Science and Engineering, Aoyama Gakuin University, Fuchinobe 5 10 1, Sagamihara, Kanagawa 229 0006, Japan
Mutat Res 673:9-20. 2009..for both carcinogens [Bax, Btg2, Ccng1, Cdkn1a, Cyp4a10, Cyp21a1, Fos, Gadd45b, Gdf15, Hmox1, Hspb1, Isg20l1, Jun, Mbd1, Mdm2, Myc, Net1, Plk2, Ppp1r3c, Rcan1 and Tubb2c], although the increase in gene expression due to ENU was ..
- The in vivo antioxidant effectiveness of alpha-tocopherol in oxidative stress induced by sodium nitroprusside in rat red blood cellsM Betul Yerer
University of Erciyes, Medical Faculty, Department of Physiology, Kayseri, Turkey
Clin Hemorheol Microcirc 30:323-9. 2004..SNP, and SNP + L-NAME (10 mg/kg, i.p.), respectively. Relative filtration rate (RFR), relative filtration time (RFT) and relative resistance (Rrel) were determined as the indexes of erythrocyte deformability...
- Effects of heparin on hypertonic potassium chloride-induced bronchoconstrictionB Tutluoglu
Cerrahpasa Faculty of Medicine, Department of Chest Diseases, Istanbul University, Turkey
Ann Pharmacother 35:1161-5. 2001..Recenty, nonisotonic aerosols have begun to be used for the assessment of bronchial hyperreactivity. Hypertonic KCl can cause bronchoconstriction even in non-symptomatic asthmatic patients...
- The pattern of leprosy-related neuropathy in the AMFES patients in Ethiopia: definitions, incidence, risk factors and outcomeP Saunderson
School of Community Health Science, Nottingham University, UK
Lepr Rev 71:285-308. 2000..Study (AMFES) began in 1988 and followed patients prospectively for up to 10 years after release from treatment (RFT). This paper presents the findings from this cohort with regard to neuropathy and nerve damage...
- Recruitment of PCM1 to the centrosome by the cooperative action of DISC1 and BBS4: a candidate for psychiatric illnessesAtsushi Kamiya
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 600 N Wolfe St, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 65:996-1006. 2008..A role for the centrosome has been suggested in the pathology of major mental illnesses, especially schizophrenia (SZ)...
- Percutaneous radiofrequency thermocoagulation for the treatment of different types of trigeminal neuralgia: evaluation of quality of life and outcomesYizhong Huang
Department of Pain Therapeutic Center, Xuanwu Hospital, Capital Medical University, Beijing, 100053, China
J Huazhong Univ Sci Technolog Med Sci 30:403-7. 2010Radiofrequency thermocoagulation (RFT) of the gasserian ganglion is a routine and effective technique for the treatment of classical trigeminal neuralgia (CTN)...
- Divergent chemokine, cytokine and beta-defensin responses to gastric candidiasis in immunocompetent C57BL/6 and BALB/c miceDavid A Schofield
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Medical University of South Carolina, 173 Ashley Avenue, Charleston, SC 29403, USA
J Med Microbiol 54:87-92. 2005..beta-Defensin (mBD1, mBD3 and mBD4), chemokine (MIP-2 and KC) and cytokine (TNF-alpha, IFN-gamma, IL-4, IL-10, IL-12 and IL-15) gene ..
- Cyclin-dependent kinase 9 (Cdk9) of fission yeast is activated by the CDK-activating kinase Csk1, overlaps functionally with the TFIIH-associated kinase Mcs6, and associates with the mRNA cap methyltransferase Pcm1 in vivoYi Pei
Molecular Biology Program, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Avenue, New York, NY
Mol Cell Biol 26:777-88. 2006..Cdk9 forms complexes in vivo with the essential cyclin Pch1 and with Pcm1, the mRNA cap methyltransferase...
- A novel Rf gene controlling fertility restoration of Ogura male sterility by RNA processing of orf138 found in Japanese wild radish and its STS markersKeita Yasumoto
Department of Biotechnology, Faculty of Engineering, Kyoto Sangyo University, Motoyama, Kamigamo, Kita ku, Kyoto 603 8555, Japan
Genome 52:495-504. 2009..Northern blot analysis of the CMS-associated gene orf138 indicated that one restorer allele (termed Rft) was involved in the processing of orf138 RNA...
- Role of DNA methylation and methyl-DNA binding proteins in the repression of 5-lipoxygenase promoter activityCareen Katryniok
Institute of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Goethe University Frankfurt, Max von Laue Str 9, 60438 Frankfurt, Germany
Biochim Biophys Acta 1801:49-57. 2010..Using ChIP assays, we found that the methyl-DNA binding proteins MBD1, MBD2 and MeCP2 bind to the methylated 5-LO core promoter in U937 cells...
- Increased phosphoglucomutase activity suppresses the galactose growth defect associated with elevated levels of Ras signaling in S. cerevisiaeSusie C Howard
Department of Molecular Genetics, The Ohio State University, 484 West Twelfth Avenue, Room 984, Columbus, 43210, USA
Curr Genet 49:1-6. 2006..This screen identified two genes, PGM1 and PCM1, that encode proteins with phosphoglucomutase activity...
- Complementarity effects through dietary mixing enhance the performance of a generalist insect herbivoreSybille B Unsicker
Institute of Ecology, University of Jena, Jena, Germany
Oecologia 156:313-24. 2008..in food plant mixtures compared to foraging on single plant species, we introduce the term "relative forage total" (RFT) based on an approach used in biodiversity research by Loreau and Hector (Nature 413:548-274, 2001)...
- Isolation of CpG islands from large genomic clonesS H Cross
Institute of Cell and Molecular Biology, University of Edinburgh, Darwin Building, King s Buildings, Mayfield Road, Edinburgh, EH9 3JR, UK
Nucleic Acids Res 27:2099-107. 1999..CpG island sequences were also successfully isolated from a PAC clone carrying the MBD1 gene. These included the complete CpG island containing the first exon and regulatory sequences from MBD1.
- Can amyotrophic lateral sclerosis patients with respiratory insufficiency exercise?A C Pinto
Department of Medical Rehabilitation, Hospital de Santa Maria, Av Prof Egas Moniz, 1600, Lisboa, Portugal
J Neurol Sci 169:69-75. 1999..The patients were all evaluated during a 1 year period. Respiratory function tests (RFT) were performed at entry and then at 6 month intervals...
- A recurrent case of BT leprosy with widely spread skin lesions showing a histopathology of indeterminate group after 4.5-years irregular treatment, BangladeshY Ishida
PIME Sisters Khulna Leprosy Program, Boro Boyra, Khulna, Bangladesh
Nihon Hansenbyo Gakkai Zasshi 68:195-9. 1999..regimen irregularly and had maculae widely-spread with anesthesia 16 months after being released from treatment (RFT). The histopathology of the maculae unexpectedly showed that of an indeterminate group of leprosy...
- Effect of expertise level on the perceptual characteristics of gymnastsGaëlle Croix
CETAPS Laboratory, Faculty of Sports Sciences, University of Rouen, Mont Saint Aignan, France
J Strength Cond Res 24:1458-63. 2010..general perceptual characteristics (field dependence-independence) were evaluated using the rod-and-frame test (RFT)...
- Genetic association and brain morphology studies and the chromosome 8p22 pericentriolar material 1 (PCM1) gene in susceptibility to schizophreniaHugh M D Gurling
Molecular Psychiatry Laboratory, Department of Mental Health Sciences, University College London Medical School, Windeyer Institute of Medical Sciences, London, United Kingdom
Arch Gen Psychiatry 63:844-54. 2006..There is evidence of linkage to a schizophrenia susceptibility locus on chromosome 8p21-22 found by several family linkage studies...
- Epigenetic regulation of the stem cell mitogen Fgf-2 by Mbd1 in adult neural stem/progenitor cellsXuekun Li
Department of Neurosciences, University of New Mexico School of Medicine, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87131, USA
J Biol Chem 283:27644-52. 2008..We previously demonstrated that methylated CpG binding protein 1 (MBD1/Mbd1) is a transcriptional repressor of Fgf-2 and is enriched in adult brains...
- Expression, purification and copper-binding studies of the first metal-binding domain of Menkes proteinP Y Jensen
Department of Analytical Chemistry, The Royal Danish School of Pharmacy, Copenhagen, Demark
Eur J Biochem 264:890-6. 1999The cDNA, coding for the first metal-binding domain (MBD1) of Menkes protein, was cloned into the T7-system based vector, pCA...
- Identification, cloning, and sequencing of the genes involved in the conversion of D,L-2-amino-delta2-thiazoline-4-carboxylic acid to L-cysteine in Pseudomonas sp. strain ON-4aTetsuo Ohmachi
Department of Biochemistry and Biotechnology, Faculty of Agriculture and Life Science, Hirosaki University, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 66:1097-104. 2002..coli mutant defective in the cysB gene. A positive clone, denoted CM1, carrying the plasmid pCM1 with an insert DNA of approximately 3...
- Bedside rapid flu test and zanamivir prescription in healthy working adults: a cost-benefit analysisMichael Schwarzinger
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, u444, Hopital Saint Antoine, Paris, France
Pharmacoeconomics 21:215-24. 2003Zanamivir, a neuraminidase inhibitor, reduces the number of days of illness in influenza-positive patients. New bedside rapid flu tests (RFT) should increase the number of influenza-positive patients whom receive zanamivir appropriately.
- The assessment of increased sensitivity to visual stimuli in patients with chronic dizzinessMarousa Pavlou
Academic Department of Physiotherapy, School of Biomedical and Health Sciences, Kings College London, UK
J Vestib Res 16:223-31. 2006..The Situational Characteristics Questionnaire (SCQ), Computerized Dynamic Posturography or Rod and Frame Test (RFT) are used to assess VV symptoms...
- Molecular cloning and expression of two types of rabbit beta-galactoside alpha 1,2-fucosyltransferaseS Hitoshi
Molecular Glycobiology, Frontier Research Program, Institute of Physical and Chemical Research RIKEN, Saitama, Japan
J Biol Chem 270:8844-50. 1995Two DNA clones encoding rabbit beta-galactoside alpha 1,2-fucosyltransferase (RFT-I and RFT-II) have been isolated from a rabbit genomic DNA library...
- The bile/arsenite/riboflavin transporter (BART) superfamilyNahla M Mansour
Division of Biological Sciences, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093 0116, USA
FEBS J 274:612-29. 2007..anions such as arsenite and antimonite, the arsenical resistance-3 (Acr3) family, and the riboflavin transporter (RFT) family...
- Recruitment of P-TEFb (Cdk9-Pch1) to chromatin by the cap-methyl transferase Pcm1 in fission yeastAllan Guiguen
Laboratoire de Genetique Moleculaire GEMO, Facultes Universitaires Notre Dame de la Paix, Namur, Belgium
EMBO J 26:1552-9. 2007..We report that the fission yeast P-TEFb (Cdk9-Pch1) forms a complex with the cap-methyltransferase Pcm1 and these proteins colocalise on chromatin...
- Power and sample size calculation for neuroimaging studies by non-central random field theorySatoru Hayasaka
Biostatistical Sciences, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, NC 27157, USA
Neuroimage 37:721-30. 2007..To facilitate this task, we propose a power analysis method based on random field theory (RFT) by modeling signal areas within images as non-central random field...
- Impaired navigation in drivers with Parkinson's diseaseErgun Y Uc
Department of Neurology, University of Iowa, Carver College of Medicine, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Brain 130:2433-40. 2007..Our aim was to assess navigation and safety errors during a route following task (RFT) in drivers with the illness. Seventy-seven subjects with mild-moderate PD (median Hoehn-Yahr stage = 2...
- Modified Limberg's transposition flap for pilonidal sinus. Long term follow up of 216 casesGiovanni Milito
Surgical Clinic, Policlinico Universitario Tor Vergata University, Rome, Italy
Ann Ital Chir 78:227-31. 2007..to report our results in a large series of patients with chronic pilonidal sinus (PS) at long term follow up...
- Reciprocal co-regulation of EGR2 and MECP2 is disrupted in Rett syndrome and autismSusan E Swanberg
Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology, Rowe Program in Human Genetics, School of Medicine, University of California, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Hum Mol Genet 18:525-34. 2009..Conversely, MeCP2 family members MBD1, MBD2 and MBD4 bind a methylated CpG island in an enhancer region located in EGR2 intron 1...
- Nocturnal pulse oximetry: a new approach to establish the appropriate time for non-invasive ventilation in ALS patientsAnabela Pinto
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Hospital de Santa Maria, Lisbon, Portugal
Amyotroph Lateral Scler Other Motor Neuron Disord 4:31-5. 2003..All patients were periodically evaluated with Norris spinal and bulbar scores, respiratory function tests (RFT) and NPO at three month intervals for one year...
- Analysis of mammalian proteins involved in chromatin modification reveals new metaphase centromeric proteins and distinct chromosomal distribution patternsJeffrey M Craig
Murdoch Childrens Research Institute, Royal Children s Hospital, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Hum Mol Genet 12:3109-21. 2003..any of the pericentric and other major heterochromatic regions; and (b) heterochromatin-associated proteins (MeCP2, MBD1, MBD2, ATRX, HP1alpha, HDAC1, HDAC2, DNMT1 and DNMT3b), which colocalize with centromeric/pericentric ..
- Exclusion of Madh2, Madh4, and Madh7 as candidates for the modifier of Min 2 (Mom2) locusKaren A Silverman
Kimmel Cancer Center, Jefferson Medical College, Bluemle Life Science Building, Room 709, 233 South 10th Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107 5541, USA
Mamm Genome 14:119-29. 2003..recombinations within the Mom2 region in the derivation of our congenic animals, we have narrowed the location of the Mom2 locus and excluded Madh2, Madh4, and Madh7, as well as Mbd1, Mbd2, Dcc, and Tcf4, as candidates for the Mom2 gene.
- Accurate statistical tests for smooth classification imagesAlan Chauvin
Departement de Psychologie, Universite de Montreal, Montreal, QC, Canada
J Vis 5:659-67. 2005..We argue that two statistical tests based on random field theory (RFT) satisfy this need for smooth classification images...
- Smoothing and cluster thresholding for cortical surface-based group analysis of fMRI dataDonald J Hagler
University of California, San Diego, Department of Cognitive Science, 9500 Gilman Drive 0515, La Jolla, CA 92093 0515, USA
Neuroimage 33:1093-103. 2006..A prerequisite of RFT or cluster size simulation is an estimate of the smoothness of the data...
- Aurora A, Aurora B and survivin are novel targets of transcriptional regulation by histone deacetylase inhibitors in non-small cell lung cancerXu Hui Zhang
Department of Pathology, Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, Beijing, China
Cancer Biol Ther 7:1388-97. 2008..Analysis of biopsies from a recent clinical trial suggested that Depsipeptide FK228 (DP) inhibits Aurora kinase expression in lung cancer cells. The present study was undertaken to confirm and extend these observations...
- Examination of the specificity of DNA methylation profiling techniques towards 5-methylcytosine and 5-hydroxymethylcytosineSeung Gi Jin
Department of Cancer Biology, Beckman Research Institute, City of Hope, Duarte, CA 91010, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 38:e125. 2010..We also report that several methyl-CpG binding proteins including MBD1, MBD2 and MBD4 do not bind to sequences containing 5hmC...
- Recruitment of MBD1 to target genes requires sequence-specific interaction of the MBD domain with methylated DNAThomas Clouaire
Wellcome Trust Centre for Cell Biology, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, UK
Nucleic Acids Res 38:4620-34. 2010..As some MBD1 isoforms contain two DNA-binding domains-an MBD, which recognizes methylated DNA; and a CXXC3 zinc finger, which binds unmethylated CpG-it is unclear whether these two domains function independently of each ..
- [Polymorphism in exon 2 of pig FIT1 gene and its association with fat-deposition-related traits]De Zhen Li
Key Laboratory of Swine Genetics and Breeding, Ministry of Agriculture, Huazhong Agricultural University, Wuhan 430070, China
Yi Chuan 32:375-80. 2010..in F2 resource family showed that this site was highly associated with fat percentage (FP), 6-7 rib fat thickness (RFT), buttock fat thickness (BFT), leaf fat weigh (LFW), total internal fat weigh (TFW), and internal fat rate (IFR) (..
- Epigenetic regulation of miR-184 by MBD1 governs neural stem cell proliferation and differentiationChangmei Liu
Department of Neurosciences, University of New Mexico School of Medicine, Albuquerque, NM 87131, USA
Cell Stem Cell 6:433-44. 2010Methyl-CpG binding protein 1 (MBD1) regulates gene expression via a DNA methylation-mediated epigenetic mechanism...
- Intranasal steroids or radiofrequency turbinoplasty in persistent allergic rhinitis: effects on quality of life and objective parametersKivanc Gunhan
Department of Otorhinolaryngology and Head Neck Surgery, Celal Bayar University, Manisa, Turkey
Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 268:845-50. 2011..outcomes of management of nasal congestion using intranasal steroid (INS) therapy or radiofrequency turbinoplasty (RFT) in patients with persistent AR who have mucosal hypertrophy of the inferior turbinate...
- iMap: a novel method for statistical fixation mapping of eye movement dataRoberto Caldara
Department of Psychology, University of Fribourg, Faucigny 2, 1700 Fribourg, Switzerland
Behav Res Methods 43:864-78. 2011..smoothed fixation data generated by iMap conform to the assumptions of the robust statistical random field theory (RFT) approach, which is applied thereafter to assess significant fixation spots and differences across the three-..
- Facilitation of the equivalence--equivalence respondingVicente Jesús Pérez Fernández
Facultad de Psicologia, Universidad Nacional de Educacion a Distancia, Universidad Nacional de Educacion a Distancia, Madrid, Spain
Psicothema 23:407-14. 2011..on equivalence class formation, is a key concept of the functional-analytic model of analogical reasoning held by RFT theorists. Relational stimulus control is supposed to play an important role in this arbitrary relational response...
- Persistence of cytosine methylation of DNA following fertilisation in the mouseYan Li
Sydney Medical School, Centre for Developmental and Regenerative Medicine, Kolling Institute for Medical Research, University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
PLoS ONE 7:e30687. 2012..Analysis of methyl binding domain 1 protein (MBD1) binding confirmed that the genome remained methylated following fertilisation...
- Smoking-induced transient motor deterioration in a levodopa-treated patient with Parkinson's diseaseHelen Ling
Reta Lila Weston Institute of Neurological Studies, Institute of Neurology, University College London, 1 Wakefield Street, London, WC1N 1PJ, UK
J Neurol 259:2419-23. 2012..We objectively assessed her motor performance including repetitive finger tapping (RFT) speed using 3D kinematic recordings, timed finger tapping test (TFT) and Unified Parkinson's Disease Rating Scale (..
- A new function of ROD1 in nonsense-mediated mRNA decayT F Brazão
Department of Cell Biology and Genetics, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
FEBS Lett 586:1101-10. 2012..Finally, we show through RIP-seq that ROD1 and UPF1 associate with a significant number of common transcripts...
- Dietary supplementation of conjugated linoleic acid in horses increases plasma conjugated linoleic acid and decreases plasma arachidonic acid but does not alter body fatS Headley
Department of Animal Science, Clemson University, Clemson, SC 29634, USA
J Anim Sci 90:4876-82. 2012..01% BW/d. Mares were fed individually and restricted to dry lots to control forage intake. Rump fat thickness (RFT), BW, and BCS were measured before (d 0) and after (d 42) each feeding period...
- Electromagnetic navigation-guided radiofrequency thermocoagulation in trigeminal neuralgia: technical note with three case reportsMin Jie Chen
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Ninth People s Hospital, Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, Shanghai Key Laboratory of Stomatology, Shanghai, China
J Neurol Surg A Cent Eur Neurosurg 74:251-7. 2013To introduce our device and procedure of electromagnetic navigation (EMN)-guided radiofrequency thermocoagulation (RFT) in patients with trigeminal neuralgia (TN).
- MMP7-mediated cleavage of nucleolin at Asp255 induces MMP9 expression to promote tumor malignancyT I Hsu
1 Institute of Bioinformatics and Biosignal Transduction, College of Bioscience and Biotechnology, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan, Taiwan 2 Center for Infection Disease and Signal Transduction, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan, Taiwan
Oncogene 34:826-37. 2015..anaplastic lymphoma kinase (ALK), HIF1a and CBLB, and decreased the expression of tumor suppressors including BRD4, PCM1, TFG and KLF6 by modulating mRNA stability through binding to the 3'-untranslated regions of their transcripts, ..
- Rectus femoris transfer in cerebral palsy patients with stiff knee gaitSeung Yeol Lee
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Mongji Hospital, Kyungki, Republic of Korea
Gait Posture 40:76-81. 2014Although several studies have reported on the outcomes of rectus femoris transfer (RFT), few have investigated the multiple factors that could affect the results...
- Genetic association study between methyl-CpG-binding domain genes and schizophrenia among Chinese family triosBing Xie
aResearch Center for Genomic Medicine bDepartment of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, School of Public Health, Jilin University cChangchun Mental Health Hospital, Changchun dCentral Laboratory, The First Hospital of Hebei Medical University, Shijiazhuang, China
Psychiatr Genet 24:221-4. 2014..Four tag SNPs on MBD1 (rs125555, rs140689, rs140687, and rs140686), three tag SNPs on MBD2 (rs3876254, rs7614, and rs1145317), and three ..
- [Function of Aire in central and peripheral immune tolerance]Takaaki Hanafusa
Postdoctoral Fellow, Laboratory of Dr Mark S Anderson, Diabetes Center, University of California, San Francisco
Nihon Rinsho Meneki Gakkai Kaishi 37:133-8. 2014..The mechanisms by which Aire targets loci which encode TSAs are unknown in detail; recently, however, the ATF7ip-MBD1 complex was identified as an Aire-interacting transcriptional protein complex required for its targeting the loci...
- The Mbd1-Atf7ip-Setdb1 pathway contributes to the maintenance of X chromosome inactivationAlissa Minkovsky
David Geffen School of Medicine, Department of Biological Chemistry, Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center, Molecular Biology Institute, Eli and Edythe Broad Center of Regenerative Medicine and Stem Cell Research, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Epigenetics Chromatin 7:12. 2014..previously characterized to coordinate DNA methylation and histone H3K9 methylation through interactions with the methyl-DNA binding protein MBD1 and the histone H3K9 methyltransferase SETDB1, as a candidate maintenance factor of the Xi.
- Masticatory Muscles Dysfunction after CT-guided Percutaneous Trigeminal Radiofrequency Thermocoagulation for Trigeminal Neuralgia: A Detailed AnalysisShuyue Zheng
Department of Pain Management, Xuanwu Hospital, Capital Medical University, Beijing, China
Pain Pract 15:712-9. 2015..investigate the severity and the natural course of masticatory muscles weakness that developed after CT-guided percutaneous trigeminal radiofrequency thermocoagulation (PT-RFT) for the treatment of idiopathic trigeminal neuralgia (ITN).
- Dynamics of MBD2 deposition across methylated DNA regions during malignant transformation of human mammary epithelial cellsGuillaume Devailly
Dependence Receptors, Cancer and Development Laboratory Equipe labellisée La Ligue, LabEx DEVweCAN, Centre de Recherche en Cancérologie de Lyon CRCL, INSERM U1052 CNRS UMR5286, Universite de Lyon, Centre Leon Berard, 69008 Lyon, France
Nucleic Acids Res 43:5838-54. 2015..The Methyl CpG Binding Domain proteins MeCP2, MBD1 and MBD2 belong to the latter category...
- The role of DNA methylation during anoxia tolerance in a freshwater turtle (Trachemys scripta elegans)Sanoji Wijenayake
Department of Biology, Carleton University, 1125 Colonel By Drive, Ottawa, ON, K1S 5B6, Canada
J Comp Physiol B 186:333-42. 2016..activity of four DNA methyltransferases (DNMT1, DNMT2, DNMT3a and DNMT3b), two methyl-binding domain proteins (MBD1 and MBD2), and relative genomic levels of 5-methylcytosine under control, 5 h anoxic, and 20 h anoxic conditions in ..
- DNA CpG Methylation (5-Methylcytosine) and Its Derivative (5-Hydroxymethylcytosine) Alter Histone Posttranslational Modifications at the Pomc Promoter, Affecting the Impact of Perinatal Diet on Leanness and Obesity of the OffspringAsaf Marco
Faculty of Life Sciences, Bar Ilan University, Ramat Gan, Israel Department of Psychology, Bar Ilan University, Ramat Gan, Israel
Diabetes 65:2258-67. 2016..An increase in CpG methylation at the Poxmc promoter enables binding of methyl-binding domain 1 (MBD1) to 5mC, but not to its derivative 5hmC...
- Genetic signatures of heroin addictionShaw Ji Chen
aInstitute of Medical Sciences, Tzu Chi University, Hualien bDepartment of Psychiatry, Mackay Memorial Hospital, Taitung Branch cDepartment of Health Executive Yuan, Bali Psychiatric Center dInstitute of Statistical Science, Academia Sinica, Taipei eDepartment of Psychiatry, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital at Linkou fDepartment and Graduate Institute of Biomedical Sciences, Chang Gung University, Taoyuan, Taiwan
Medicine (Baltimore) 95:e4473. 2016..measured the transcript level of 13 genes (RASA1, PRKCB, PDK1, JUN, CEBPG, CD74, CEBPB, AUTS2, ENO2, IMPDH2, HAT1, MBD1, and RGS3) in lymphoblastoid cell lines in a sample of 124 male heroin addicts and 124 male control subjects using ..
- Remote Access Robotic Facelift Thyroidectomy: A Multi-institutional ExperienceWilliam S Duke
Department of Otolaryngology and Endocrinology, Augusta University Thyroid and Parathyroid Center, Augusta University, 1120 Fifteenth Street, BP 4109, Augusta, GA, 30912 4060, USA
World J Surg 41:116-121. 2017Robotic facelift thyroidectomy (RFT) was developed as a new surgical approach to the thyroid gland using a remote incision site. Early favorable results led to this confirmatory multi-institutional experience.
- Use of Heart Rate Variability and Photoplethysmograph-Derived Parameters as Assessment Signals of Radiofrequency Therapy Efficacy for Chronic PainJing Jhao Ye
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Chung Yuan Christian University, Chung Li, Taiwan
Pain Pract . 2016Radiofrequency therapy (RFT) generates molecular motion and produces heat and electromagnetic effects on tissues, which attenuate pain sensation and thereby relieve pain...
- Chimeric calcium/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase in tobacco: differential regulation by calmodulin isoformsZ Liu
Department of Horticulture, Washington State University Pullman, 99164 6414, USA
Plant Mol Biol 38:889-97. 1998..Calmodulin isoforms (PCM1 and PCM6) had differential effects on the regulation of autophosphorylation and substrate phosphorylation of ..
- Effect of neck pain on verticality perception: a cohort studyJaroslaw P Grod
Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College, 1900 Bayview Avenue, Toronto, Ontario M4G 3E6, Canada
Arch Phys Med Rehabil 83:412-5. 2002To use the Rod-and-Frame Test (RFT) as a quantification of the perception of verticality in subjects with and without neck pain.
- Transcellular transfer of folate across the retinal pigment epitheliumChristy C Bridges
Department of Cellular Biology and Anatomy, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, Georgia 30912 2000, USA
Curr Eye Res 24:129-38. 2002..distribution of the folate receptor alpha (FR alpha) in the basal membrane and reduced-folate transporter (RFT-1) in the apical membrane was demonstrated previously in the retinal pigment epithelium (RPE)...
- Mice lacking methyl-CpG binding protein 1 have deficits in adult neurogenesis and hippocampal functionXinyu Zhao
Laboratory of Genetics, The Salk Institute for Biological Studies, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:6777-82. 2003..Methyl-CpG binding protein 1 (MBD1), a member of the methylated DNA-binding protein family, has been shown to bind methylated gene promoters and ..
- Relational operants: processes and implications: a response to Palmer's review of Relational Frame TheorySteven C Hayes
Department of Psychology, University of Nevada, Reno 89557 0062, USA
J Exp Anal Behav 82:213-24; discussion 225-34. 2004Palmer has recently criticized Relational Frame Theory (RFT) on the grounds that it has developed data in search of a principle...
- The intracellular domain of teneurin-1 interacts with MBD1 and CAP/ponsin resulting in subcellular codistribution and translocation to the nuclear matrixSamantha M Nunes
Friedrich Miescher Institute, Novartis Research Foundation, Maulbeerstrasse 66, CH 4058 Basel, Switzerland
Exp Cell Res 305:122-32. 2005..The second interacting protein identified is the methyl-CpG binding protein MBD1. In the nucleus, the intracellular domain of teneurin-1 colocalizes with this transcriptional repressor in foci ..
- [Glutathione: its biosynthesis, induction agents and concentrations in selected diseases]Bozena Bukowska
Katedry Biofizyki Skazeń Srodowiska, Uniwersytetu Lódzkiego
Med Pr 55:501-9. 2004..The fact that numerous diseases are induced by RFT (that cause glutathione depletion) it seems that an in-depth study of the dietetic and pharmacological manners of ..
- Methyl-CpG binding domain 1 gene polymorphisms and risk of primary lung cancerJin Sung Jang
Department of Internal Medicine, School of Medicine, Kyungpook National University, Samduk 2Ga 50, Daegu, 700 412, Korea
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 14:2474-80. 2005The methyl-CpG binding domain 1 (MBD1) protein plays an important role for transcriptional regulation of gene expression...
- Epigenetic regulation of metallothionein-i gene expression: differential regulation of methylated and unmethylated promoters by DNA methyltransferases and methyl CpG binding proteinsSarmila Majumder
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry, College of Medicine, Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
J Cell Biochem 97:1300-16. 2006..In contrast, MBD1 and MeCP2 interacted with both promoters and suppressed the promoter activity irrespective of its methylation ..
- Leprosy blindness in NepalHimanshu Ravi Gupta
Koirala Lions Centre for Ophthalmic Studies, IOM, Tribhuvan University
Nepal Med Coll J 8:140-2. 2006..in two groups of patients, one with the active disease and second already cured and thus released from treatment (RFT)...
- An intervention to modify expectations of unrealistic rewards from thinnessMichele K Boivin
Anxiety Treatment and Research Centre, St Joseph s Healthcare, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Eat Disord 16:160-79. 2008This study examined the influence of expectancies about rewards from thinness (RFT) on unhealthy dieting...
- Evolutional change of karyotype with t(8;9)(p22;p24) and HLA-DR immunophenotype in relapsed acute myeloid leukemiaKuan Po Huang
Division of Oncology and Hematology, Buddhist Tzu Chi General Hospital, 707, Sec 3, Chung Yang Rd, Hualien, Taiwan, ROC
Int J Hematol 88:197-201. 2008The rare recurrent translocation of (8;9)(p22;p24) with PCM1-JAK2 fusion was recently characterized in diverse hematological malignancies...
- Abnormal DNA methylation in T cells from patients with subacute cutaneous lupus erythematosusY Luo
Department of Dermatology, Epigenetic Research Centre, Second Xiangya Hospital, Central South University, Changsha, China
Br J Dermatol 159:827-33. 2008..However, it is unknown whether T-cell hypomethylation is a factor in other, less severe, forms of lupus erythematosus such as subacute cutaneous lupus erythematosus (SCLE)...
- Structure of the small ubiquitin-like modifier (SUMO)-interacting motif of MBD1-containing chromatin-associated factor 1 bound to SUMO-3Naotaka Sekiyama
Graduate School of Engineering, Kyoto University, Kyoto 615 8510, Japan
J Biol Chem 283:35966-75. 2008..b>MBD1-containing chromatin-associated factor 1 (MCAF1), a transcription repressor, interacts with SUMO-2/3 and SUMO-1, ..
- An 8-12 year follow-up of highly bacillated Indian leprosy patients treated with WHO multi-drug therapyKothapalle Vedantha Desikan
Gandhi Memorial Leprosy Foundation, Wardha 442 001, India
Lepr Rev 79:303-10. 2008To follow up highly bacillated leprosy patients for a long period after release from treatment (RFT) and to look out for possibility of relapses.
- Foveal function in children treated for amblyopiaPia Agervi
Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Ophthalmology and Vision, Karolinska Institute, St Erik s Eye Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Acta Ophthalmol 88:222-6. 2010..This study aimed to evaluate foveal function, using three different methods, in children treated for monocular amblyopia...
- A candidate CpG SNP approach identifies a breast cancer associated ESR1-SNPSophia Harlid
Department of Medical Microbiology, Lund University, Malmo, Sweden
Int J Cancer 129:1689-98. 2011..of candidate genes (ESR1, ESR2, PGR, and SHBG) or CpG and missense coding SNPs in genes involved in methylation (MBD1, MECP2, DNMT1, MGMT, MTHFR, MTR, MTRR, MTHFD1, MTHFD2, BHMT, DCTD, and SLC19A1)...
- Epigenetics, an early event in the modulation of gene expression by inositol hexaphosphate in ethylnitrosourea exposed mouse lungsManuraj Pandey
Environmental Carcinogenesis Division, Indian Institute of Toxicology Research, Lucknow, India
Nutr Cancer 63:89-99. 2011..other hand, ENU exposure more or less upregulated the epigenetic events such as the expressions of DNMT1, MeCP2, MBD1, and HDAC1. This alteration was reduced by IP6 administration...
- Subjective visual vertical in erect/supine subjects and under microgravity: effects of lower body negative pressureMarco Lucertini
Italian Air Force Medical Corps, IML Roma, Via Piero Gobetti 2, 00185 Rome, Italy
Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 268:1067-75. 2011..be significantly influenced by the presence of a displaced visual field, as in the case of the rod and frame test (RFT)...
- Imprinting analysis of porcine DIO3 gene in two fetal stages and association analysis with carcass and meat quality traitsMu Qiao
Key Laboratory of Swine Genetics and Breeding of Ministry of Agriculture, College of Animal Science and Veterinary Medicine, Huazhong Agricultural University, Wuhan 430070, People s Republic of China
Mol Biol Rep 39:2329-35. 2012..lean meat percentage (LMP), fat meat percentage (FMP), ratio of lean to fat (RLF), shoulder fat thickness (SFT), sixth-seventh rib fat thickness (RFT), buttock fat thickness (BFT), loin eye area (LEA), and intramuscular fat (IMF).
- Hook2 is involved in the morphogenesis of the primary ciliumCarole L Baron Gaillard
CNRS UMR 6216, IBDML, Universite de la Mediterranee, 13288 Marseille Cedex 09, France
Mol Biol Cell 22:4549-62. 2011..interfering RNA strategy, we found that Hook2 interacts with and stabilizes pericentriolar material protein 1 (PCM1), which was reported to be essential for the recruitment of Rab8a, a GTPase that is believed to be crucial for ..
- Extensive somatic L1 retrotransposition in colorectal tumorsSzilvia Solyom
McKusick Nathans Institute of Genetic Medicine, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Genome Res 22:2328-38. 2012..Numerous genes with a role in tumorigenesis were targeted, including ODZ3, ROBO2, PTPRM, PCM1, and CDH11. Thus, somatic retrotransposition may play an etiologic role in colorectal cancer.
- Development of the N1-P2 auditory evoked response to amplitude rise time and rate of formant transition of speech soundsAllen L Carpenter
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43212, USA
Neurosci Lett 544:56-61. 2013..the N1-P2 auditory evoked potential (AEP) to changes in amplitude rise time (ART) and rate of formant transition (RFT) of consonant-vowel (CV) pairs in 4-6-year olds and adults...
- A new strategy for methylated DNA detection based on photoelectrochemical immunosensor using Bi2S3 nanorods, methyl bonding domain protein and anti-his tag antibodyHuanshun Yin
College of Chemistry and Material Science, Shandong Agricultural University, Taian, Shandong 271018, PR China
Biosens Bioelectron 51:103-8. 2014..immunosensor for assay of DNA methylation, where Bi2S3 nanorods were used as photoelectric conversion material, MBD1 protein (a kind of methyl bonding domain protein) was used as DNA methylation recognizing unit, anti-his tag ..
- Identification and comparative analysis of hepatitis C virus-host cell protein interactionsPatrick T Dolan
Department of Medicinal Chemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, Purdue University, RHPH 514, 575 Stadium Mall Drive, West Lafayette, IN 47907, USA
Mol Biosyst 9:3199-209. 2013..Using siRNAs to inhibit expression of cellular proteins, we found that five of the ten shared targets tested (CUL7, PCM1, RILPL2, RNASET2, and TCF7L2) were required for replication of both HCV and dengue virus...
- Fatty acid profile, carcass and meat quality traits of young Nellore bulls fed crude glycerin replacing energy sources in the concentrateJ F Lage
Departamento de Zootecnia da Universidade Estadual Paulista Julio de Mesquita Filho UNESP, Campus Jaboticabal, CEP 14884 900 Jaboticabal, SP, Brazil Electronic address
Meat Sci 96:1158-64. 2014..6074), cold carcass dressing (CCD; P=0.9636), rib fat thickness (RFT; P=0.8696) and longissimus muscle area (LMA; P=0.7524)...
- Construction of eukaryotic expression vector with mBD1-mBD3 fusion genes and exploring its activity against influenza A virusWanyi Li
Department of Microbiology, West China School of Preclinical and Forensic Medicine, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610041, China
Viruses 6:1237-52. 2014..In this study, we focused on the anti-influenza A virus activity of mouse β-defensin 1 (mBD1) and β defensin-3 (mBD3) by synthesizing their fusion peptide with standard recombinant methods...
- ERIC M VERDIN; Fiscal Year: 2014..the multiprotein complexes that are recruited to methylated DNA: NuRD/MBD2, SWI/SNF/Sin3/MeCP2 and the SUV39H1/HP1/MBD1 complexes. Aim 2...
- Xinyu Zhao; Fiscal Year: 2015..Methyl-CpG binding proteins, including MBD1 and MeCP2, are central players in epigenetic regulation, and can translate DNA methylation into gene expression ..
- Hamid M Said; Fiscal Year: 2016..RF transport across the jejunal BBM which is associated with a significant decrease in the level of expression of RFT-2...
- UV damage, repair, and mutagenesisGerd P Pfeifer; Fiscal Year: 2013..study the effects of 5-methylcytosine and 5-methylcytosinebinding proteins (mCpG-binding proteins, MeCP2, MBD2, MBD1) on UV damage induction and repair in vitro, on the deamination of 5-methylcytosine within cyclobutane pyrimidine ..
- SBIR TOPIC 264 - (PHASE 1) THE GOAL OF THIS PROJECT IS TO DEVELOP A COMMERCIAL KBARTON CHALLIS; Fiscal Year: 2009..affinity pull-downs with the methyl-DNA binding domain containing heterodimer MBD2/MBD3L 1, and the CXXC domain of MBD1 a respectively! and allows determination of the methylation ratio for individual loci...
- Akira Sawa; Fiscal Year: 2016..factors for these disorders that have been recently indentified, including Disrupted-in-Schizophrenia-1 (DISC1) and PCM1, have roles during neurodevelopment and are likely to cooperate, forming molecular "pathways...
- Development of a Power Calculation Tool for Neuroimaging StudiesSatoru Hayasaka; Fiscal Year: 2009..This method, based on random field theory (RFT), can model signals in neuroimaging data theoretically without time consuming simulations and resampling procedures...
- Reducing Felt Stigma in SUDBarbara Kohlenberg; Fiscal Year: 2005..acceptance, rather than the suppression, change or modification of problematic thoughts and feelings, as well as on RFT, a basic science of language and cognition (Hayes et al...
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy as a Treatment for OCDSteven Hayes; Fiscal Year: 2007..This investigation also includes measures to assess the psychological processes through which changes of compulsive behavior occur. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Adherence and Competence in Adolescent Drug Use TherapyAaron Hogue; Fiscal Year: 2003..This study will be among the first to explore the relation between treatment adherence and outcome, and the very first to study therapist competence, with an adolescent drug-using sample. ..
- Quality Community Services for Adolescent Drug AbuseAaron Hogue; Fiscal Year: 2010..An important secondary yield will be increasing the scarce knowledge base on commonly practiced community approaches in the SAU condition. ..
- Web-based lab to study the decision to use antidepressants for the elderlyPeter Veazie; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- iCys Laser Scanning Cytometer for UC Davis CoreJanine LaSalle; Fiscal Year: 2008..The placement of a shared iCys LSC imaging system in a core facility with a strong track record of support is a cost effective way of supporting NIH funded researchers at UC Davis. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- CISPLATIN RESISTANCE DUE TO LOSS OF DNA MISMATCH REPAIRStephen Howell; Fiscal Year: 2005..Thus, it is very likely that the mechanisms underlying the DDP-induced mutagenicity will be of fundamental importance to understanding the genomic instability produced by many types of cellular injury. ..
- Epigenetics of fetal alcohol syndromeFeng Zhou; Fiscal Year: 2009..The effect of these epigenetic key genes will be confirmed in the in vivo model exposed to alcohol vapor chamber with alcohol exposure pattern and paradigms similar to the whole embryonic culture. ..
- ALCOHOL & BRAIN DEVELOPMENT: MIDLINE CASCADE HYPOTHESISFeng Zhou; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- The Role of MicroRNA in HepatocarcinogenesisKalpana Ghoshal; Fiscal Year: 2007..Further, this proposal fits well with the mission/goals set forth by multiple institutes that include NCI, NIDDK and NIAAA n the etiology, prevention and treatment of hepatocellular carcinomas. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Predicting Driver Safety in Parkinson's DiseaseErgun Uc; Fiscal Year: 2007..Fair and accurate means of detecting unfit drivers with PD will help mitigate the tragedy of motor vehicle crashes caused by these impaired individuals. ..
- Use and Outcome of Total Joint Replacement in HispanicsAGUSTIN ESCALANTE; Fiscal Year: 2005..His mentoring role will also help create a critical mass of investigators focused on arthritis-related disability among the U.S. Hispanic population. ..
- fMRI of Pain in Cannabis DependenceSRINIVASAN PILLAY; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Neuroanatomical adaptation at synaptic level to chronicFeng Zhou; Fiscal Year: 2003..The setting of this threshold might be derailed when alcohol is cyclically deprived. Current and future study along this line will provide information enabling us to better understanding excess drinking behavior. ..