Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MAOA
Description: monoamine oxidase A
Alias: BRNRS, MAO-A, amine oxidase [flavin-containing] A, monoamine oxidase type A
Publications246 found, 100 shown here
- Brain monoamine oxidase A activity predicts trait aggressionNelly Alia-Klein
Medical Department, Brookhaven National Laboratory, Upton, New York 11973, USA
J Neurosci 28:5099-104. 2008The genetic deletion of monoamine oxidase A (MAO A), an enzyme that breaks down the monoamine neurotransmitters norepinephrine, serotonin, and dopamine, produces aggressive phenotypes across species...
- Association of dopamine transporter and monoamine oxidase molecular polymorphisms with sudden infant death syndrome and stillbirth: new insights into the serotonin hypothesisLaura Filonzi
Department of Evolutionary and Functional Biology, University of Parma, Parma, Italy
Neurogenetics 10:65-72. 2009..synergism between dopamine and serotonin, the role of dopamine transporter (SLC6A3, DAT) and monoamine oxidase A (MAOA) genes in SIDS and stillbirth (sudden intrauterine unexplained death, SIUD) was investigated...
- Childhood maltreatment, subsequent antisocial behavior, and the role of monoamine oxidase A genotypeDavid Huizinga
Institute of Behavioral Science, University of Colorado, Boulder, 80303, USA
Biol Psychiatry 60:677-83. 2006A functional promoter polymorphism in monoamine oxidase A (MAOA) has been implicated as a moderating factor in the relationship between childhood maltreatment and later adolescent and adult antisocial behavior...
- Adolescent girls and criminal activity: role of MAOA-LPR genotype and psychosocial factorsRickard L Sjoberg
Centre for Clinical Research, Uppsala University, Central Hospital Västerås, Vasteras, Sweden
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 144:159-64. 2007..findings among boys show that interactions between a polymorphism in the monoamine oxidase A gene promoter region (MAOA-LPR) and psychosocial factors predict criminal activity...
- The influence of four serotonin-related genes on decision-making in suicide attemptersFabrice Jollant
Universite Montpellier 1, Montpellier, France
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 144:615-24. 2007..Patients were genotyped for four serotonergic polymorphisms: 5HTTLPR, TPH1 A218C, MAOA u-VNTR, and TPH2 rs1118997...
- Family-based association study between the monoamine oxidase A gene and obesity: implications for psychopharmacogenetic studiesBeatriz Camarena
Departamento de Genética Psiquiátrica, Instituto Nacional de Psiquiatría Ramón de la Fuente México DF, Mexico DF, Mexico
Neuropsychobiology 49:126-9. 2004..0, p = 0.005). Our findings may provide evidence of a candidate gene involved in obese subjects with a BMI >/=35 kg/m(2)...
- MAOA, maltreatment, and gene-environment interaction predicting children's mental health: new evidence and a meta-analysisJ Kim-Cohen
Department of Psychology, Yale University, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Mol Psychiatry 11:903-13. 2006..research on adults has shown that a functional polymorphism in the promoter region of the monoamine oxidase A (MAOA) gene moderates the impact of childhood maltreatment on risk for developing antisocial behavior...
- Association of VNTR polymorphisms in the MAOA promoter and DRD4 exon 3 with heroin dependence in male Chinese addictsChia Chang Chien
Department of Psychiatry, Kaohsiung Armed Forces General Hospital, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
World J Biol Psychiatry 11:409-16. 2010To explore the involvement of variable number tandem repeat (VNTR) polymorphisms in the monoamine oxidase A (MAOA) promoter and exon 3 of the dopamine D4 receptor (DRD4) gene in heroin addiction modulate the vulnerability of individuals ..
- Human monoamine oxidase gene (MAOA): chromosome position (Xp21-p11) and DNA polymorphismL Ozelius
Molecular Neurogenetics, E K Shriver Center, Waltham, Massachusetts 02254
Genomics 3:53-8. 1988An essentially full-length cDNA clone for the human enzyme monoamine oxidase type A (MAO-A) has been used to determine the chromosomal location of a gene encoding it...
- A regulatory monoamine oxidase a promoter polymorphism and personality traitsHåkan Garpenstrand
Department of Neuroscience, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
Neuropsychobiology 46:190-3. 2002b>Monoamine oxidase type A (MAOA) has been implicated to be part of mechanisms underlying human temperament and psychiatric disorders...
- MAOA and persistent, pervasive childhood aggressionJ H Beitchman
Mol Psychiatry 9:546-7. 2004
- An association between a functional polymorphism in the monoamine oxidase a gene promoter, impulsive traits and early abuse experiencesYung Yu Huang
Department of Neuroscience, New York State Psychiatric Institute, Department of Psychiatry, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 29:1498-505. 2004Monoamine oxidase A (MAOA) activity is altered in mood disorders and lower activity associated with aggressive behavior...
- Polymorphisms in the MAOA, MAOB, and COMT genes and aggressive behavior in schizophreniaStanley Zammit
Department of Psychological Medicine, University of Wales College of Medicine, Cardiff CF14 4XN, Wales, United Kingdom
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 128:19-20. 2004..We examined the relationship between Overt aggression scale (OAS) scores, and both MAOA and MAOB polymorphisms in a well-powered sample of 346 subjects with schizophrenia...
- Association analysis between a functional polymorphism in the monoamine oxidase A gene promoter and severe mood disordersBlanca Gutierrez
Unitat d Antropologia, Departament de Biologia Animal, Facultat de Biologia, Universitat de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Psychiatr Genet 14:203-8. 2004Monoamine oxidase A (MAOA) has been suggested to be involved in human behaviour and physiology due to its key role in the metabolism of several different biological amines including the neurotransmitters serotonin, norepinephrin and ..
- MAOA haplotypes associated with thrombocyte-MAO activityMarten Jansson
Department of Medical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
BMC Genet 6:46. 2005..3 - 11.4). We performed novel sequencing of the MAO locus and validated genetic variants found in public databases prior to constructing haplotypes of the MAO locus in a Swedish sample (N = 573 individuals)...
- Interaction between MAO-A genotype and maltreatment in the risk for conduct disorder: failure to confirm in adolescent patientsSusan E Young
Institute for Behavioral Genetics, UCB 447, University of Colorado, Boulder, CO 80301, USA
Am J Psychiatry 163:1019-25. 2006....
- The MAOA promoter polymorphism, disruptive behavior disorders, and early onset substance use disorder: gene-environment interactionMichael M Vanyukov
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Center for Education and Drug Abuse Research, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15261, USA
Psychiatr Genet 17:323-32. 2007..Parenting characteristics have been shown to influence development of antisociality, moderated by variation at the MAOA gene, which has also been associated with the risk for substance use disorders...
- High activity of monoamine oxidase A is associated with externalizing behaviour in maltreated and nonmaltreated adopteesEsther J M van der Vegt
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Sophia Children s Hospital, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Psychiatr Genet 19:209-11. 2009..Our results suggest that in severely maltreated children, high MAO-A activity may not protect against the effects of maltreatment but may convey an increased risk for externalizing behaviour...
- Negative emotionality: monoamine oxidase B gene variants modulate personality traits in healthy humansAndrea M Dlugos
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Neuroscience, The University of Chicago, 5841 S Maryland Ave, Chicago, IL, USA
J Neural Transm (Vienna) 116:1323-34. 2009Monoamine oxidase A and B (MAOA and MAOB) appear to be involved in the pathogenesis of Major Depression, and vulnerability of Major Depression is associated with personality traits relating to positive and negative affect...
- MAOA genotype, family relations and sexual abuse in relation to adolescent alcohol consumptionKent W Nilsson
Centre for Clinical Research, Central Hospital, Vasteras, S 721 89 Västerås, Sweden
Addict Biol 16:347-55. 2011The aim of the present study was to investigate MAOA gene-environment (G*E) interactions in relation to adolescent alcohol consumption...
- X-linked borderline mental retardation with prominent behavioral disturbance: phenotype, genetic localization, and evidence for disturbed monoamine metabolismH G Brunner
Department of Human Genetics, University Hospital, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Am J Hum Genet 52:1032-9. 1993..A maximal multipoint lod score of 3.69 was obtained at the monoamine oxidase type A (MAOA) locus in Xp11.23-11.4...
- Abnormal behavior associated with a point mutation in the structural gene for monoamine oxidase AH G Brunner
Department of Human Genetics, University Hospital Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Science 262:578-80. 1993..This syndrome was associated with a complete and selective deficiency of enzymatic activity of monoamine oxidase A (MAOA)...
- Family-based and association studies of monoamine oxidase A and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD): preferential transmission of the long promoter-region repeat and its association with impaired performance on a continuous performance test (TI Manor
Geha Mental Health Center, Petak Tikvah, Israel
Mol Psychiatry 7:626-32. 2002Monoamine oxidase A (MAO A) is located on the X chromosome and metabolizes biogenic amines including dopamine, norepinephrine and serotonin...
- Monoamine oxidase-a genetic variations influence brain activity associated with inhibitory control: new insight into the neural correlates of impulsivityLuca Passamonti
Neurology Unit, Department of Neurosciences, University Politecnica delle Marche, Ancona, Italy
Biol Psychiatry 59:334-40. 2006..High-activity allele carriers have higher enzyme expression, lower amine concentration, and present higher scores on behavioral measures of impulsivity than low-activity allele carriers...
- Association between monoamine oxidase gene polymorphisms and smoking behaviour in Chinese malesYing Jin
Peking University Stem Cell Research Center, Beijing Anding Hospital Affiliated Capital University of Medical Sciences, China
Int J Neuropsychopharmacol 9:557-64. 2006..We investigated the association between MAOA polymorphisms (a VNTR polymorphism and an EcoRV polymorphism) and smoking status...
- Monoamine oxidase A and repressor R1 are involved in apoptotic signaling pathwayXiao Ming Ou
Department of Molecular Pharmacology and Toxicology, School of Pharmacy, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:10923-8. 2006Monoamine oxidase A (MAO A) degrades serotonin, norepinephrine, and dopamine and produces reactive oxygen that may cause neuronal cell death...
- The association of DNA sequence variation at the MAOA genetic locus with quantitative behavioural traits in normal malesShai Rosenberg
Rappaport Faculty of Medicine and Research Institute, Technion Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa, Israel
Hum Genet 120:447-59. 2006Monoamine oxidase A (MAOA) catalyses the oxidative deamination of biogenic amines including neurotransmitters, mainly norepinephrine and serotonin in the brain and peripheral tissues...
- Association study of monoamine oxidase and catechol-O-methyltransferase genes with smoking behaviorMamoru Tochigi
Department of Neuropsychiatry, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Pharmacogenet Genomics 17:867-72. 2007The genes of catalytic enzymes of dopamine, including monoamine oxidase (MAOA and MAOB) and catechol-O-methyltransferase (COMT), have been major candidates for genes that affect smoking behavior...
- Genes regulating the serotonin metabolic pathway in the brain stem and their role in the etiopathogenesis of the sudden infant death syndromeFrancesco Nonnis Marzano
Department of Evolutionary and Functional Biology, University of Parma, 43100 Parma, Italy
Genomics 91:485-91. 2008..frequencies of TPH2, 5-HTTLPR, the 5-HTT (SLC6A4) intron 2 variable-number tandem repeat (VNTR) region, and the MAOA VNTR region were determined in brain-stem samples of 20 "genuine" SIDS cases and compared with results obtained ..
- A polymorphism of the MAOA gene is associated with emotional brain markers and personality traits on an antisocial indexLeanne M Williams
The Brain Dynamics Centre, Westmead Millennium Institute, Westmead Hospital and Western Clinical School, University of Sydney, Westmead, NSW, Australia
Neuropsychopharmacology 34:1797-809. 2009Association studies suggest that the low activity variant of the monoamine oxidase A (MAOA)-uVNTR polymorphism confers risk for emotional disturbances associated with antisocial traits, particularly in males...
- Quantitative enzyme radioautography with 3H-Ro 41-1049 and 3H-Ro 19-6327 in vitro: localization and abundance of MAO-A and MAO-B in rat CNS, peripheral organs, and human brainJ Saura
F Hoffmann La Roche Ltd, Pharma Division, Basel, Switzerland
J Neurosci 12:1977-99. 1992..The physiological roles of the enzymes are discussed in the light of these findings, some of which were unexpected.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 400 WORDS)..
- Association between a functional polymorphism in the monoamine oxidase A gene promoter and major depressive disorderT G Schulze
Department of Psychiatry, University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany
Am J Med Genet 96:801-3. 2000..Am. J. Med. Genet. (Neuropsychiatr. Genet.) 96:801-803, 2000...
- Role of genotype in the cycle of violence in maltreated childrenAvshalom Caspi
Medical Research Council Social, Genetic, and Developmental Psychiatry Research Centre, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College, London SE5 8AF, UK
Science 297:851-4. 2002..A functional polymorphism in the gene encoding the neurotransmitter-metabolizing enzyme monoamine oxidase A (MAOA) was found to moderate the effect of maltreatment...
- Association analysis of monoamine oxidase A and attention deficit hyperactivity disorderDeborah C Lawson
Department of Psychologycal Medicine, University of Wales College of Medicine, Cardiff, United Kingdom
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 116:84-9. 2003..Monoamine Oxidase A (MAOA) is involved in the degradation of all three of these neurotransmitters and therefore has been suggested as a ..
- Mapping the genetic variation of executive attention onto brain activityJin Fan
Sackler Institute for Developmental Psychobiology, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, NY 10021, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:7406-11. 2003..We previously reported that polymorphisms in dopamine receptor (DRD4) and monoamine oxidase A (MAOA) genes showed significant associations with efficiency of handling conflict as measured by reaction time ..
- Association of autism severity with a monoamine oxidase A functional polymorphismI L Cohen
Departments of Psychology, Cytogenetics and Human Genetics, Staten Island, New York 10314, USA
Clin Genet 64:190-7. 2003A functional polymorphism (the upstream variable-number tandem repeat region, or uVNTR) in the monoamine oxidase A (MAOA) promoter region has been reported to be associated with behavioral abnormalities as well as increased serotonergic ..
- Association study of a functional MAOA-uVNTR gene polymorphism and cognitive function in healthy femalesYounger W Y Yu
Yu s Psychiatric Clinic, Taiwan, ROC
Neuropsychobiology 52:77-82. 2005Monoamine oxidase A (MAOA) is a mitochondrial enzyme involved in the degradation of dopamine, serotonin and norepinephrine and these neurotransmitters are hypothesized to be involved in the cognitive function of humans...
- Role of monoamine oxidase A genotype and psychosocial factors in male adolescent criminal activityKent W Nilsson
Centre for Clinical Research, Uppsala University, Central Hospital Västerås, S 721 89 Västerås, Sweden
Biol Psychiatry 59:121-7. 2006..The aim of this study was to replicate recent findings that interactions between a polymorphism in the monoamine oxidase A (MAO-A) gene promoter region and psychosocial factors might predict male adolescent criminal activity...
- The analysis of 51 genes in DSM-IV combined type attention deficit hyperactivity disorder: association signals in DRD4, DAT1 and 16 other genesK Brookes
MRC Social Genetic Developmental and Psychiatry Centre, Institute of Psychiatry, London, UK
Mol Psychiatry 11:934-53. 2006..for the number of SNPs analysed in each gene, identified associations with TPH2, ARRB2, SYP, DAT1, ADRB2, HES1, MAOA and PNMT...
- The monoamine oxidase A (MAO-A) gene, family function and maltreatment as predictors of destructive behaviour during male adolescent alcohol consumptionKent W Nilsson
Centre for Clinical Research, Uppsala University, Central Hospital Västerås, Vasteras, Sweden
Addiction 102:389-98. 2007..To investigate possible interactions between a polymorphism in the monoamine oxidase A (MAO-A) gene promoter, family relations and maltreatment/sexual abuse on adolescent alcohol-related problem behaviour among male adolescents...
- Monoamine oxidase-A polymorphisms might modify the association between the dopamine D2 receptor gene and alcohol dependenceSan Yuan Huang
Department of Psychiatry, Tri Service General Hospital, Taiwan, ROC
J Psychiatry Neurosci 32:185-92. 2007..Therefore, the present study investigates whether the association between the dopamine D2 receptor (DRD2) gene and alcoholism is affected by different polymorphisms of the MAO type A (MAOA) gene.
- Meta-study on association between the monoamine oxidase A gene (MAOA) and schizophreniaDawei Li
Bio X Center, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai, China
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 147:174-8. 2008The human monoamine oxidase A gene (MAOA) has attracted considerable attention as a candidate gene for schizophrenia based both on its chromosomal position and its enzyme function as a key factor in neurotransmitter catabolism pathways...
- The MAO-A gene, platelet MAO-B activity and psychosocial environment in adolescent female alcohol-related problem behaviourKent W Nilsson
Centre for Clinical Research, Uppsala University, Central Hospital Västerås, S 721 89, Vasteras, Sweden
Drug Alcohol Depend 93:51-62. 2008....
- MAOA methylation is associated with nicotine and alcohol dependence in womenRobert A Philibert
Department of Psychiatry, The University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa, USA
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 147:565-70. 2008..One prominent locus at which epigenetic phenomena are thought to be in play is the monoamine oxidase A (MAOA) locus...
- The functional MAOA-uVNTR promoter polymorphism in patients with frontotemporal dementiaA Reif
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Section of Clinical and Molecular Psychobiology, University of Wurzburg, Wurzburg, Germany
Eur J Neurol 15:637-9. 2008..FTD patients and 151 controls matched to age and genotyped them for a functional promoter polymorphism, termed MAOA-uVNTR. However, no significant differences were observed between patients and controls...
- Monoamine oxidase A and childhood adversity as risk factors for conduct disorder in femalesE C Prom-Wormley
Department of Integrative Life Sciences, Virginia Commonwealth University 23298 0126, USA
Psychol Med 39:579-90. 2009..have reported a genotype-environment interaction (GxE) in which low-activity alleles at the monoamine oxidase A (MAOA) locus conferred greater sensitivity to the effects of childhood adversity on risk for conduct disorder (CD)...
- Monoamine oxidase A genotype predicts human serotonin 1A receptor availability in vivoBrian J Mickey
Molecular and Behavioral Neuroscience Institute, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 0720, USA
J Neurosci 28:11354-9. 2008..These results demonstrate a sex-specific interaction between two key molecules of the human serotonergic system, and suggest a neurobiological basis for sexual dimorphism in serotonin-modulated phenotypes...
- Interaction of prenatal exposure to cigarettes and MAOA genotype in pathways to youth antisocial behaviorL S Wakschlag
Institute for Juvenile Research, Department of Psychiatry, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL 60608, USA
Mol Psychiatry 15:928-37. 2010..We tested whether a functional polymorphism in the gene encoding the enzyme monoamine oxidase A (MAOA) interacts with exposure to predict pathways to adolescent antisocial behavior...
- MAOA-uVNTR and early physical discipline interact to influence delinquent behaviorAlexis C Edwards
Department of Psychiatry, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA, USA
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 51:679-87. 2010A functional polymorphism in the promoter region of the monoamine oxidizing gene monoamine oxidase A (MAOA) has been associated with behavioral sensitivity to adverse environmental conditions in multiple studies (e.g., Caspi et al...
- Targeting monoamine oxidase A in advanced prostate cancerVincent Flamand
Department of Urology, Stanford Medical Center, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305 5118, USA
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 136:1761-71. 2010Inhibitors of monoamine oxidase A (MAOA), a mitochondrial enzyme that degrades neurotransmitters including serotonin and norepinephrine, are commonly used to treat neurological conditions including depression...
- Identification and characterization of putative methylation targets in the MAOA locus using bioinformatic approachesElena Shumay
Brookhaven National Laboratory, Medical Department, Upton, NY, USA
Epigenetics 5:325-42. 2010Monoamine oxidase A (MAO A) is an enzyme that catalyzes the oxidation of neurotransmitter amines. A functional polymorphism in the human MAOA gene (high- and low-MAOA) has been associated with distinct behavioral phenotypes...
- Association of polymorphisms of the serotonergic pathways with clinical traits of impulsive-aggression and suicidality in adolescents: a multi-center studyGil Zalsman
Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Division, Geha Mental Health Center, Petach Tikva, Israel
World J Biol Psychiatry 12:33-41. 2011..Suicidal behaviour runs in families. This study evaluated association between common polymorphisms in the serotonergic and adrenergic candidate genes (HTR2A, 5HTTLPR, and MAOA) and suicidality, psychopathology and aggression in adolescents.
- Working memory brain activity and capacity link MAOA polymorphism to aggressive behavior during developmentT Ziermans
Neuroscience Department, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Transl Psychiatry 2:e85. 2012..polymorphisms (SNPs) located in six dopaminergic candidate genes (COMT, SLC6A3/DAT1, DBH, DRD4, DRD5, MAOA)...
- Association between monoamine oxidase A activity in human male skin fibroblasts and genotype of the MAOA promoter-associated variable number tandem repeatR M Denney
Department of Human Biological Chemistry and Genetics, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston 77555 0650, USA
Hum Genet 105:542-51. 1999..2 kb upstream from MAOA exon 1 (uVNTR)...
- Evidence for positive selection and population structure at the human MAO-A geneYoav Gilad
Department of Molecular Genetics and the Crown Human Genome Center, The Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot 76100, Israel
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:862-7. 2002....
- Monoamine oxidase polymorphisms and smoking behaviour in JapaneseHidemi Ito
Division of Epidemiology and Prevention, Aichi Cancer Center Research Institute, 1 1 Kanokoden, Chikusa ku, Nagoya Aichi 464 8681, Japan
Pharmacogenetics 13:73-9. 2003..These findings among male smokers support the view that MAO affects a smokers' requirement for nicotine and may explain why some people are predisposed to tobacco addiction and why some individuals find it difficult to stop smoking...
- Investigation of serotonin-related genes in antidepressant responseE J Peters
Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 0984, USA
Mol Psychiatry 9:879-89. 2004..genotyped patients at 110 SNPs and four repeat polymorphisms located in seven candidate genes (HTR1A, HTR2A, HTR2C, MAOA, SLC6A4, TPH1, and TPH2)...
- Obesity is associated with genetic variants that alter dopamine availabilityA C Need
Department of Biology, University College London, The Darwin Building, Gower Street, London WC1E 6BT
Ann Hum Genet 70:293-303. 2006..Dopamine availability is controlled largely by three enzymes: COMT, MAOA and MAOB, and by the dopamine transporter SLC6A3, and each gene has a well-characterized functional variant...
- Genetic variation in MAOA modulates ventromedial prefrontal circuitry mediating individual differences in human personalityJ W Buckholtz
Neuroimaging Core Facility, National Institute for Mental Health, NIH, DHHS, Bethesda, MD 20892 1365, USA
Mol Psychiatry 13:313-24. 2008..To identify these circuits, we used a combined genetic and imaging approach focused on Monoamine Oxidase A (MAOA), encoding a key enzyme for monoamine metabolism previously associated with temperament and antisocial behavior...
- Association study between clinical response to rizatriptan and some candidate genesCarlo Asuni
Section of Clinical Pharmacology, Department of Neurosciences B B Brodie, University of Galiari, P O San Giovanni di Dio, Via Ospedale 46, I 09124 Cagliari, Italy
J Headache Pain 8:185-9. 2007..These genetic differences could be explained by various genes, the HTR1B, encoding the 5-HT(1) receptor subtype, MAOA gene that encodes the monoamino-oxidase, the main metabolic enzyme of this triptan, SLC6A4 (gene encoding the ..
- Associations of a regulatory polymorphism of monoamine oxidase-A gene promoter (MAOA-uVNTR) with symptoms of depression and sleep qualityBeverly H Brummett
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Psychosom Med 69:396-401. 2007..among the variable number of tandem repeats in the monoamine oxidase-A linked polymorphic region allelic variation (MAOA-uVNTR) and the symptoms of depression and sleep quality...
- Genes implicated in serotonergic and dopaminergic functioning predict BMI categoriesBernard F Fuemmeler
Department of Community and Family Medicine, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 16:348-55. 2008..with dopamine function (SLC6A3, DRD2, DRD4), serotonin function (SLC6A4, and regulation of monoamine levels (MAOA) may be predictive of BMI categories (obese and overweight + obese) in young adulthood and of changes in BMI as ..
- A community-based study of cigarette smoking behavior in relation to variation in three genes involved in dopamine metabolism: Catechol-O-methyltransferase (COMT), dopamine beta-hydroxylase (DBH) and monoamine oxidase-A (MAO-A)Meredith S Shiels
Department of Epidemiology, Johns Hopkins University Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, MD, USA
Prev Med 47:116-22. 2008..The association between common polymorphisms of these genes and smoking behavior was assessed among 10,059 Caucasian volunteers in Washington County, MD in 1989...
- Association between monoamine oxidase A (MAOA) and personality traits in Japanese individualsShoko Tsuchimine
Department of Neuropsychiatry, Graduate School of Medicine, Hirosaki University, Hirosaki, 036 8562 Japan
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 32:1932-5. 2008..between a polymorphism involving a variable number of tandem repeats in the promoter of the monoamine oxidase A (MAOA-VNTR) gene and personality traits, as assessed by the Temperament and Character Inventory (TCI)...
- MAOA is associated with methylphenidate improvement of oppositional symptoms in boys with attention deficit hyperactivity disorderAna P Guimarães
Departamento de Genetica, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, Brazil
Int J Neuropsychopharmacol 12:709-14. 2009The monoamine oxidase A (MAOA) gene has been extensively related to aggressive, impulsive and violent behaviours...
- MAOA gene polymorphisms and response to mirtazapine in major depressionDong Sheng Tzeng
Department of Psychiatry, Military Kaohsiung General Hospital, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Hum Psychopharmacol 24:293-300. 2009Polymorphisms in the monoamine oxidase A (MAOA) gene may influence treatment outcomes in major depression disorder (MDD).
- Association between monoamine oxidase (MAO)-A gene variants and schizophrenia in a Chinese populationHai Tang Qiu
Department of Mental Health, First Affiliated Hospital, Chongqing Medical University, Chongqing, China
Brain Res 1287:67-73. 2009..Dysfunction of dopaminergic systems has been implicated in the pathophysiology of schizophrenia, suggesting that MAOA gene variation might be associated with the disorder...
- Monoamine oxidase a and catechol-o-methyltransferase functional polymorphisms and the placebo response in major depressive disorderAndrew F Leuchter
Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, 760 Westwood Plaza, Rm 37 452, Los Angeles, CA 90024 1759, USA
J Clin Psychopharmacol 29:372-7. 2009..These findings support the hypothesis that genetic polymorphisms modulating monoaminergic tone are related to degree of placebo responsiveness in major depressive disorder...
- The effect of smoking on MAOA promoter methylation in DNA prepared from lymphoblasts and whole bloodRobert A Philibert
Department of Psychiatry, The University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242 1000, USA
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 153:619-28. 2010..using lymphoblast DNA prepared from 192 subjects from the Iowa Adoption Studies (IAS) demonstrated that decreased MAOA promoter methylation was associated with lifetime symptom count for nicotine dependence (ND) and provided ..
- Monoamine oxidase A gene (MAOA) associated with attitude towards longshot risksSongfa Zhong
Center for Experimental Business Research and Department of Economics, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Kowloon, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, Hong Kong
PLoS ONE 4:e8516. 2009..association with a widely studied, promoter-region repeat functional polymorphism in monoamine oxidase A gene (MAOA)...
- Type A monoamine oxidase regulates life and death of neurons in neurodegeneration and neuroprotectionMakoto Naoi
Department of Neurosciences, Gifu International Institute of Biotechnology, Kakamigahara, Gifu, Japan
Int Rev Neurobiol 100:85-106. 2011..The roles of MAO-A in the regulation of neuronal survival and death are discussed in concern to find a novel strategy to protect neurons in age-associated neurodegenerative disorders and depression...
- The monoamine oxidase A gene promoter repeat and prostate cancer riskThomas A White
Division of Public Health Sciences, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, Washington 98109 1024, USA
Prostate 72:1622-7. 2012Amine catabolism by monoamine oxidase A (MAOA) contributes to oxidative stress, which plays a role in prostate cancer (PCa) development and progression...
- Human monoamine oxidase A and B genes exhibit identical exon-intron organizationJ Grimsby
Department of Molecular Pharmacology and Toxicology, School of Pharmacy, University of Southern California, Los Angeles 90033
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 88:3637-41. 1991Monoamine oxidases A and B [MAOA and MAOB; amine:oxygen oxidoreductase (deaminating) (flavin-containing), EC 1.4.3...
- Localization of human monoamine oxidase-A gene to Xp11.23-11.4 by in situ hybridization: implications for Norrie diseaseE R Levy
Genetics Laboratory, Department of Biochemistry, Oxford, United Kingdom
Genomics 5:368-70. 1989..23-11.4. As restriction fragments detected by this probe are deleted in some patients with Norrie disease, this assignment provides confirmation of the localization of the disease...
- Assignment of genes for human monoamine oxidases A and B to the X chromosomeL M Kochersperger
J Neurosci Res 16:601-16. 1986..or human MAO B, but not the corresponding mouse enzymes, were used to assay for the presence of immunoprecipitable MAO A or MAO B (presumably coded by the respective human genes) in mouse-human hybrid somatic cell lines containing ..
- No evidence of an association between a functional monoamine oxidase a gene polymorphism and completed suicidesHisae Ono
Department of Psychiatry and Neurology, Kobe University School of Medicine, Kobe, Japan
Am J Med Genet 114:340-2. 2002Monoamine oxidase A (MAOA) has been implicated in the control of aggression and/or impulsivity in humans and been involved in suicide...
- No association of the MAOA gene with alcoholism among Han Chinese males in TaiwanRu Band Lu
Department of Psychiatry, Tri Service General Hospital, National Defense Medical Center, Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 26:457-61. 2002A positive association of MAOA polymorphisms with alcoholism has been demonstrated in certain recent studies, however, this association is not universally supported...
- Association of monoamine oxidase A gene polymorphism with Alzheimer's disease and Lewy body variantMasanori Takehashi
Laboratory of Molecular Clinical Chemistry, Institute for Chemical Research, Kyoto University, Uji, Kyoto 611 0011, Japan
Neurosci Lett 327:79-82. 2002The association between (GT)n dinucleotide repeats in monoamine oxidase gene loci, monoamine oxidase A (MAOA) and B (MAOB), and Parkinson's disease (PD), Alzheimer's disease (AD), and Lewy body variant (LBV) of AD were determined...
- High activity-related allele of MAO-A gene associated with depressed suicide in malesLisheng Du
Institute of Mental Health Research at Royal Ottawa Hospital and University of Ottawa, 1145 Carling Ave, Ontario K1Z 7K4, Canada
Neuroreport 13:1195-8. 2002..The results thus provide further evidence that genetic factors can modulate risk for depression, suicide or both by influencing monoaminergic activity in sexually dimorphic manner...
- Gender difference in the interaction of smoking and monoamine oxidase B intron 13 genotype in Parkinson's diseaseSamir N Kelada
Department of Environmental Health, University of Washington, Seattle 98195, USA
Neurotoxicology 23:515-9. 2002..These results suggest that a strong gender difference exists with respect to the modifying effect of MAO-B genotype on the smoking association with PD...
- Association of a MAOA gene variant with generalized anxiety disorder, but not with panic disorder or major depressionA Tadic
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, University of Mainz, Mainz, Germany
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 117:1-6. 2003..to detect a possible association of a T941G single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) in the monoamine oxidase A (MAOA) gene with generalized anxiety disorder (GAD), panic disorder (PD), or major depression (MD)...
- MAO-A gene polymorphisms are associated with major depression and sleep disturbance in malesLisheng Du
Institute of Mental Health Research, University of Ottawa, 1145 Carling Ave, Ontario K1Z 7K4, Canada
Neuroreport 15:2097-101. 2004..These data suggest that the EcoRV and uVNTR polymorphisms may be involved in the pathogenesis of major depression and associated with insomnia in depressed patients...
- Monoamine oxidases A and B gene polymorphisms in migraine patientsVedrana Filic
Laboratory of Neurochemistry and Molecular Neurobiology, Dept of Molecular Biology, Rudjer Boskovic Institute, Bijenicka 54, Zagreb HR 10000, Croatia
J Neurol Sci 228:149-53. 2005..The suggestive association of the variant in MAO-A gene with migraine is considered worthy of independent replication. On the other hand, further studies on MAO-B polymorphism in migraine do not seem promising...
- Monoamine oxidase A (MAOA) and antisocial behaviors in the presence of childhood and adolescent maltreatmentBrett C Haberstick
Institute for Behavioral Genetics, University of Colorado, Boulder, Colorado 80309 0447, USA
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 135:59-64. 2005..Animal and human studies suggest that variation in monoamine oxidase A (MAOA) genotype may moderate the effects of maltreatment...
- Association study of a monoamine oxidase a gene promoter polymorphism with major depressive disorder and antidepressant responseYounger W Y Yu
Yu s Psychiatric Clinic, Kaohsiung, Taiwan, ROC
Neuropsychopharmacology 30:1719-23. 2005Monoamine oxidase A (MAOA), a mitochondrial enzyme involved in the degradation of biogenic amines, may be implicated in the pathogenesis of major depressive disorder (MDD) and be related to the therapeutic effects of antidepressants...
- Monoamine oxidase a polymorphism in Brazilian patients: risk factor for late-onset Alzheimer's disease?Agnes L Nishimura
Human Genome Research Center, Biology Department, Institute of Biosciences, São Paulo University IBUSP, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Mol Neurosci 27:213-7. 2005..Here, we compared the frequency of two polymorphisms: monoamine oxidase A (MAOA) and serotonin transporter in LOAD patients versus controls...
- Monoallelic expression of MAOA in skin fibroblastsNiklas Nordquist
Department of Neuroscience, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 348:763-7. 2006..Our results show that the MAO-A gene has mono-allelic expression in these cells. This could have important implications for understanding traits that display gender differences...
- Allelic mRNA expression of X-linked monoamine oxidase a (MAOA) in human brain: dissection of epigenetic and genetic factorsJulia K Pinsonneault
Department of Pharmacology, Program in Pharmacogenomics, College of Medicine and Public Health, The Ohio State University, Columbus 43210, USA
Hum Mol Genet 15:2636-49. 2006A pVNTR repeat polymorphism located in the promoter region of the X-linked MAOA gene has been associated with mental disorders...
- Evidence that brain MAO A activity does not correspond to MAO A genotype in healthy male subjectsJoanna S Fowler
Medical Department, Brookhaven National Laboratory, Upton, NY 11973, USA
Biol Psychiatry 62:355-8. 2007A functional polymorphism in the promoter region of the monoamine oxidase A (MAO A) gene has two common alleles that are referred to as the high and low MAO A genotypes...
- Monoamine oxidase a gene is associated with borderline personality disorderXingqun Ni
Neurogenetics Section, Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Psychiatr Genet 17:153-7. 2007..As for its role in aggression, impulsivity, suicide and mood liability, monoamine oxidase A can be considered a functional candidate in borderline personality disorder...
- Interaction between a functional MAOA locus and childhood sexual abuse predicts alcoholism and antisocial personality disorder in adult womenF Ducci
Laboratory of Neurogenetics, National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, NIH, Rockville, MD 20852, USA
Mol Psychiatry 13:334-47. 2008..Among male subjects, a functional polymorphism (MAOA-LPR, monoamine oxidase A linked polymorphic region) in the promoter region of the monoamine oxidase A gene (MAOA) ..
- [Genetic basis of time perception in athletes]G V Portnova
Zh Vyssh Nerv Deiat Im I P Pavlova 57:450-60. 2007..5-HT2A and MAOA genes, regulating activity of serotonin, influence on subjective time flow...
- The VNTR 2 repeat in MAOA and delinquent behavior in adolescence and young adulthood: associations and MAOA promoter activityGuang Guo
Department of Sociology, Carolina Center for Genome Sciences, Carolina Population Center, University of North Carolina Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 3210, USA
Eur J Hum Genet 16:626-34. 2008..in the United States, the present study demonstrates a link between the rare 2 repeat of the 30-bp VNTR in the MAOA gene and much higher levels of self-reported serious and violent delinquency...
- Lipid levels are associated with a regulatory polymorphism of the monoamine oxidase-A gene promoter (MAOA-uVNTR)Beverly H Brummett
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Med Sci Monit 14:CR57-61. 2008The monoamine oxidase-A (MAOA) gene plays a vital role in the metabolism of neurotransmitters, e.g, serotonin, norepinephrine, and dopamine. A polymorphism in the promoter region (MAOA-uVNTR) affects transcriptional efficiency...
- MAOA and the neurogenetic architecture of human aggressionJoshua W Buckholtz
Vanderbilt Brain Institute and Department of Psychology, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN 37212, USA
Trends Neurosci 31:120-9. 2008..are highly heritable, clinical and trait associations for the most promising candidate gene for aggression, MAOA, have been largely inconsistent...
- Genetically dependent modulation of serotonergic inactivation in the human prefrontal cortexLuca Passamonti
Institute of Neurological Sciences, National Research Council, Piano Lago di Mangone, Cosenza, 87050, Italy
Neuroimage 40:1264-73. 2008..Although with conflicting findings, the monoamine oxidase-A (MAOA) and the serotonin transporter (5HTT) gene polymorphisms have been associated with an increased risk to develop ..
- Ventro-lateral prefrontal activity during working memory is modulated by MAO A genetic variationAntonio Cerasa
Institute of Neurological Sciences, National Research Council, Piano Lago di Mangone, Cosenza, Italy
Brain Res 1201:114-21. 2008..The X-linked Mono-Amine Oxidase A (MAO A) gene, coding for an enzyme especially involved in the serotonin (5-HT) catabolism, presents a well-characterized ..
- Association analysis of monoamine oxidase A gene and bipolar affective disorder in Han ChineseYi Mei J Lin
Institute of Molecular Medicine, National Cheng Kung University Medical College, Tainan, Taiwan
Behav Brain Funct 4:21. 2008Monoamine oxidase A (MAOA) is a mitochondrial enzyme involved in degrading several different biological amines, including serotonin...
- Differential association between MAOA, ADHD and neuropsychological functioning in boys and girlsNanda N J Rommelse
Department of Clinical Neuropsychology, VU University Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 147:1524-30. 2008..been hypothesized that this sex difference might be related to genes on the X-chromosome, like Monoamine Oxidase A (MAOA)...
- Serotonin transporter (5-HTTLPR) and monoamine oxidase (MAOA) promoter polymorphisms in women with severe alcoholismCamilla Gokturk
Department of Neuroscience, Pharmacology, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
Arch Womens Ment Health 11:347-55. 2008..in the promoter region of the serotonin transporter and monoamine oxidase-A, respectively, (5-HTT-LPR and MAOA-VNTR), was performed in a group of women with severe alcohol addiction...
- Monoamine oxidase A gene (MAOA) predicts behavioral aggression following provocationRose McDermott
Department of Political Science, Brown University, 36 Prospect Street, Providence, RI 02912, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:2118-23. 2009Monoamine oxidase A gene (MAOA) has earned the nickname "warrior gene" because it has been linked to aggression in observational and survey-based studies...
- Reprogramming of X-linked genes by nuclear transferX Tian; Fiscal Year: 2003..These genes include MAOA, XIST. ELF4, FACL4; PLP1, PPEF1, SYP, SYNl, BGN, and TBLl...
- LINKAGE & ASSOCIATION IN OBSESSIVE-COMPULSIVE DISORDERMarco Grados; Fiscal Year: 2006..OCD; b) linkage using affected-relative pairs to 4 candidate gene regions (SLC6A4-serotonin transporter, COMT, MAOA, DRD4) using 3 SNP biallelic markers and 4 flanking microsatellite markers; c) complex segregation analysis to ..
- Machine Learning for Analysis of functional MRI of Underlying Inhibitory ControlDimitrios Samaras; Fiscal Year: 2010..spatial brain pattern will indicate a diagnosis of drug addiction and a membership in one or another level ol MAOA genotype...
- Nelly Alia-Klein; Fiscal Year: 2014..Specifically, monoamine oxidase A (MAO A), an enzyme regulating the neurotransmitters serotonin and norepinephrine, has been reliably implicated in ..
- Drug Abuse-related Neurobiology and Genetic Variance Modeled in Rhesus MonkeysGREGORY MICHAEL MILLER; Fiscal Year: 2013..in rhesus monkey serotonin transporter (SERT), tryptophan hydroxylase 2 (TPH2) and monoamine oxidase A (MAOA) genes, and assess genotype/phenotype relationships relevant to drug addiction, alcoholism and neuropsychiatric ..
- Eric J Vallender; Fiscal Year: 2014..This will concentrate initially on monoamine oxidase A (MAOA)...
- Epigenetic Regulation of Serotonin:Relevance to HIV and Methamphetamine AbuseGREGORY MICHAEL MILLER; Fiscal Year: 2012..the key modulators of the serotonin system, including the serotonin transporter (5-HTT), monoamine oxidase A (MAOA) and tryptophan hydroxylase 2 (TPH2) have been well-documented, epigenetic regulation of these genes is poorly ..
- Epigenetic Status of MAOA Gene as a Module of Translational Behavioral ResearchElena Shumay; Fiscal Year: 2013..Subsequer individual's methylation pattern will be linked to their brain imaging data measuring the amount of MAO A acti data will be(used to determine if there is a correlation between methylation of the MAOA gene and the amoun ..
- Genetic by Context Influence on Trajectories of Adolescent Health Risk BehaviorsVangie A Foshee; Fiscal Year: 2010..from five carefully selected regions - the serotonin transporter gene (SLC6A4), the monoamine oxidase A gene (MAOA), the catechol-O-methyltransferase gene (COMT), the type 4 dopamine receptor gene (DRD4), and a series of tag SNPs ..
- Gene x Environment Interactions Predicting an Endophenotype for DepressionCaroline Oppenheimer; Fiscal Year: 2012..genes: the serotonin transporter gene (5-HTTLPR), the dopamine D2 receptor gene (DRD2), and monoamine oxidase A (MAOA)...
- Neuronal mRNA PET ImagingEric Wickstrom; Fiscal Year: 2010..The observation that greater cocaine sensitivity is associated with reduced D2R or MAO A expression seems counterintuitive...
- Neurogenetics of serotonin regulation: building naturalistic rhesus monkey modelsGregory Miller; Fiscal Year: 2009..functional polymorphisms in tryptophan hydroxylase 2 (TPH2), serotonin transporter (SERT) and monoamine oxidase A (MAOA) genes in an effort to more accurately model serotonergic neurogenetic variance associated with human mental health ..
- Modeling the Neurogenetics of Serotonin RegulationERIC VALLENDER; Fiscal Year: 2009..application seeks to explore the neurogenetic diversity of serotonin transporter (SERT) and Monoamine Oxidase A (MAOA) genes in rhesus monkeys...
- Biobehavioral Genetics of CVD RiskIndrani Halder; Fiscal Year: 2013..The proposed project aims to comprehensively test several genes in the serotonin pathway (SLC6A4, MAOA, TPH1, TPH2, HTR1A, HTR1B, HTR2A, HTR2C) and genes of inflammatory markers (ILIp, IL6, CRP, TNFa, SELE, SELP, ICAM ..
- Biobehavioral Genetics of CVD RiskIndrani Halder; Fiscal Year: 2010..The proposed research project aims to comprehensively test genes in the serotonin pathway (SLC6A4, MAOA, TPH1, TPH2, HTR1A, HTR1B, HTR2A, HTR2C) and inflammatory marker genes (IL1B, IL6,TNFa, CRP, SELE, SELF, ICAM1, ..
- Genetic and Epigenetic Regulation of Addiction GenesWolfgang Sadee; Fiscal Year: 2010..pathways, encoding synthetic and catabolic enzymes, vesicular and synaptic reuptake transporters, and receptors (MAOA, MAOB, COMT, TH, DAT, NET, VMAT2, DRD2, CHRNA4)...
- Mari S Golub; Fiscal Year: 2015..genetic screening at our primate center (CNPRC) allows selection of subgroups of monkeys with low and high activity MAOA gene polymorphisms...
- NATHANIEL ERIK ANDERSON; Fiscal Year: 2015..Specifically, 5HTT, MAOA, DAT, DRD2, and DRD4 are featured prominently in this literature and impact monoaminergic signaling pathways ..
- Gene-Environment Interplay, Development, and Emotional DisordersWilliam Copeland; Fiscal Year: 2012..to study gene-environment interaction models for (1) promising genetic markers include HTTLPR, HTR2A T102C, MAOA-u VNTR, BDNF va!66met and COMT val158met and additional markers identified based upon the results of psychiatric ..
- Development of Adolescent Depression: Genes, Temperament and Gender DifferencesHeather A Priess; Fiscal Year: 2010..Specific aims are: 1) Examine whether the short allele of 5-HTTLPR and the three-repeat allele of MAOA- uVNTR, in interaction with negative life events, predict more depressive symptoms and disorders in adolescence;2) ..
- DEREK F BEATON; Fiscal Year: 2015..Additionally, I have identified several possibly protective markers related to the BDNF and MAOA genes.
- THE NEUROBIOLOGY OF SUICIDAL BEHAVIORJOSEPH MANN; Fiscal Year: 2009..Effects of susceptibility gene expression on binding to 5-HTT, 5-HTiA and MAOA will be determined by PET and related to depression and suicidal behavior...
- Gene x Environment Factors in Smoking CessationAndrew Hyland; Fiscal Year: 2007..factors including the following genes: DRD2 and DRD4 (dopamine receptor); SLC6A3 (dopamine transporter); DBH, COMT, MAOA (dopamine metabolism); 5-HTT (serotonin transporter), and CYP2A6, CYP2B6, and CYP2D6 (nicotine metabolism)...
- Dependence of the Development of Attention on GenotypeJohn Fossella; Fiscal Year: 2009..of several dopaminergic genes that have been associated with developmental disabilities showed that the DRD4 and MAOA genes showed associations with efficiency of executive attention and that frontal midline regions including the ACC ..
- Genetic Studies of Substance Abuse in Iowa AdopteesRobert Philibert; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- A thyroid receptor co-activator hypothesis for psychosisRobert Philibert; Fiscal Year: 2005..The net effect will be to produce an independent investigator capable of functional and translational research. ..
- Substance Use Disorder Liability: Candidate Gene SystemMichael Vanyukov; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Age at First Sex, Genes, Religion, and Other Social and Demographic ContextGuang Guo; Fiscal Year: 2007..These analyses will consider polymorphisms in SLC6A3, DRD4, DRD2, SLC6A4, & MAOA as well as measures of religiosity and other social and demographic context including family structure, parental ..
- SUBSTANCE ABUSE AND THE DOPAMINE SYSTEM GENESMichael Vanyukov; Fiscal Year: 2004..Among these loci, the genes encoding dopamine receptors and monoamine oxidase A (MAOA) attract special attention because of their demonstrated or hypothesized involvement in the risk for substance ..
- Social and Demographic Context and HeritabilityGuang Guo; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Intergenerational Transmission of Neglect and AbuseCATHY WIDOM; Fiscal Year: 2009..Given the increasing interest in understanding the "mind-body" connection, this assessment of biomeasures in the G3 offspring may provide further insight into the impact of these childhood experiences. ..
- Genetic Determinants of Brain Structure and Disease Risk in SchizophreniaThomas H Wassink; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- TREATING OPPOSITIONAL DEFIANT BEHAVIORJOHN LAVIGNE; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- RADIOTRACER R & D IN NUCLEAR MEDICINE AND NEUROSCIENCESJoanna Fowler; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- RADIOTRACER R & D IN NUCLEAR MEDICINE AND NEUROSCIENCESJoanna Fowler; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Psychobiologic Factors of the Placebo Response in MDDAndrew Leuchter; Fiscal Year: 2007..The results of this project will lead to better understanding of the mechanisms of the placebo response in MDD. ..
- Collaborative Pediatric Bipolar Disorder ConferenceJoseph Biederman; Fiscal Year: 2007..While the proposed conference does not intend to solve all outstanding problems associated with pediatric bipolar disorder, it will provide a forum to begin formulating a solution. ..
- PREVENTIVE INTERVENTION--TODDLERS OF DEPRESSED MOTHERSDante Cicchetti; Fiscal Year: 2003..This investigation also will increase understanding of the developmental contributors to psychopathological outcomes in offspring of depressed mothers. ..
- A MULTI-FACETED SEARCH FOR AUTISM DISEASE GENESThomas Wassink; Fiscal Year: 2004..Taken together, the training plan and research proposal provide for a breadth of training, the potential for meaningful discovery, and support for the establishment of an independent research career. ..
- Methamphetamine, Stress and SIV: Effects at Blood-Brain Barrier and Lymph NodesJohn P Capitanio; Fiscal Year: 2010..Relevance ..
- SIMIAN AIDS: SOCIAL STRESS, ENDOCRINE & IMMUNE FUNCTIONJohn Capitanio; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- ENHANCING TREATMENT OUTCOMES IN DEPRESSIONAndrew Leuchter; Fiscal Year: 2004..These effectiveness projects will include introduction of predictors into the usual treatment setting, and examination of cost-effectiveness and long-term treatment outcomes. ..
- NEUROGENETICS, SEROTONIN, AND HUMAN AGGRESSIONSTEPHEN MANUCK; Fiscal Year: 2003..This application is the resubmission of a prior proposal of the same title. ..
- AN ECOGENETIC STUDY OF ADHDStephen Faraone; Fiscal Year: 2003..Furthermore, no studies have used an ecogenetic approach to sharpen the accuracy of risk prediction. ..
- TEEN DRUG USE/ABUSE: PATHWAYS FROM CHILD MALTREATMENTDante Cicchetti; Fiscal Year: 2004..Psychopathology and problem adolescent behaviors also will be assessed. ..
- CHILDHOOD VICTIMIZATION AND LIFETIME REVICTIMIZATIONCathy Spatz Widom; Fiscal Year: 2003..Assessing lifetime and current rates provides two different perspectives on revictimization probabilities and, together, provides a comprehensive picture of one important consequence of childhood victimization. ..
- Drug Cue Reactivity in Smokers: An fMRI InvestigationFrancis McClernon; Fiscal Year: 2002..The results of this study will enhance our understanding of the neurobiological basis of tobacco dependence, inform treatment development, and generate additional hypotheses and research plans. ..
- TESTING THE VALIDITY OF ADULT ATTENTION DEFICIT DISORDERStephen Faraone; Fiscal Year: 2002..Thus, if founded, we expect that the proposed work will lead to a program of research that can both clarify the nosological complexities of adult ADHD and clarify the nature of genes that are risk factors for the disorder. ..
- PREVENTIVE INTERVENTION FOR MALTREATED INFANTSDante Cicchetti; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- LONGITUDINAL FOLLOW UP OF ADHD GIRLS AND THEIR SIBLINGSJoseph Biederman; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Narp Expression and Drugs of AbuseIrving Reti; Fiscal Year: 2002..B) Develop methods to manipulate expression of Narp in the VTA using the herpes simplex virus vector system. ..
- PREVENTION OF CIGARETTE SMOKING IN ADHD YOUTHJoseph Biederman; Fiscal Year: 2001..Since there are estimated to be 3.5 million children with ADHD and 20% have been shown to be smokers, targeting this group could potentially impact 700,000 children and adolescents. ..
- Adult Outcome of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity DisorderJoseph Biederman; Fiscal Year: 2007..For these reasons, we expect the proposed work to clarify the course and outcome of ADHD. ..
- Validating Novel Familial Phenotypes of Drug AbuseStephen Faraone; Fiscal Year: 2007..State of the art statistical techniques will be employed. ..
- ODD/Depression in young children: Developmental aspectsJOHN LAVIGNE; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Analysis of an ADHD Whole Genome Association ScanStephen Faraone; Fiscal Year: 2007..All genotype data generated by the GAIN whole genome association scan will be made available to the scientific community by GAIN as soon as the genotypes are completed. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- International Multi-Center ADHD Genetics ProjectStephen Faraone; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Course of psychopathology in female youth: Analysis with extant longitudinal dataJoseph Biederman; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- THE TRANSCRIPTIONAL REGULATION OF MONOAMINE OXIDASE AJean Shih; Fiscal Year: 2008The long-term objective of this project is to understand the role of monoamine oxidase A (MAO A) in mental disorders. MAO A is the key enzyme, which degrades serotonin (5-HT)...
- Genome-wide association of common alleles with long-term diabetic complicationsAndrew Paterson; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Improving medication use for ADHD in primary careJOHN LAVIGNE; Fiscal Year: 2008..Following an intent-to-treat model, a minimum of 468 children (234 SC; 234 TAU) will be recruited and complete all evaluations in the intensive training phase. ..
- Searching for ADHD Susceptibility GenesStephen V Faraone; Fiscal Year: 2010..That, in turn, should facilitate the search for newer, more effective treatments for the disorder. ..
- 2/5-The Psychiatric GWAS Consortium: Integrated & Coordinated GWAS Meta-AnalysesStephen Faraone; Fiscal Year: 2008..Finally, the PGC proposes to abide as fully as possible with the NIH's GWAS data sharing policies and we provide a detailed data sharing plan and timetable. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- TWO TYPES OF MONOAMINE OXIDASEJean Shih; Fiscal Year: 2007..The specific aims are outlined below:[unreadable] [unreadable] To study the function of both MAO A and B in neurotransmitter metabolism and[unreadable] behavior using double knock-out (KO) mice MAO A and B (A/B) ..
- MOLECULAR GENETICS OF AUTISMThomas Wassink; Fiscal Year: 2006..The WNT2 findings will be further examined in two-independent patient samples. ..
- Child Abuse and Neglect, Chronic Stress, and Drug AbuseCathy Spatz Widom; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- STRESS, SEROTONIN GENE & HEALTH DISPARITIESRedford Williams; Fiscal Year: 2004..In addition to increasing understanding of biobehavioral mechanisms responsible for health disparities, the findings could point to targets for specific interventions aimed at ameliorating these disparities. ..
- Genetic Bases of Developmental Language DisordersElena L Grigorenko; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Addiction and the Brain: Are We Hard Wired to Abuse DrugsJoanna Fowler; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..