Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: lysyl hydroxylase
Description: procollagen-lysine,2-oxoglutarate 5-dioxygenase 1
Alias: EDS6, LH1, LLH, PLOD, procollagen-lysine,2-oxoglutarate 5-dioxygenase 1, lysine hydroxylase, lysyl hydroxlase 1, procollagen-lysine 1, 2-oxoglutarate 5-dioxygenase 1
Publications301 found, 100 shown here
- Identification of arginine-700 as the residue that binds the C-5 carboxyl group of 2-oxoglutarate in human lysyl hydroxylase 1K Passoja
Biocenter and Department of Medical Biochemistry, University of Oulu, Finland
FEBS Lett 434:145-8. 1998b>Lysyl hydroxylase catalyzes the formation of hydroxylysine in collagens by a reaction that involves oxidative decarboxylation of 2-oxoglutarate...
- Deletion of cysteine 369 in lysyl hydroxylase 1 eliminates enzyme activity and causes Ehlers-Danlos syndrome type VIH N Yeowell
Division of Dermatology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Matrix Biol 19:37-46. 2000This study describes the relative contribution of the 10 cysteine residues in lysyl hydroxylase 1 (LH1) to enzyme activity...
- Characterization of three fragments that constitute the monomers of the human lysyl hydroxylase isoenzymes 1-3. The 30-kDa N-terminal fragment is not required for lysyl hydroxylase activityKati Rautavuoma
Collagen Research Unit, Biocenter Oulu and Department of Medical Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Oulu, FIN 90014 Oulu, Finland
J Biol Chem 277:23084-91. 2002b>Lysyl hydroxylase (LH) catalyzes the formation of hydroxylysine in collagens; three human isoenzymes have been cloned so far...
- Effect of hyper- and microgravity on collagen post-translational controls of MC3T3-E1 osteoblastsMitsuru Saito
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Jikei University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
J Bone Miner Res 18:1695-705. 2003..We found that altered gravitational load affected the post-translational modification of collagen, particularly the collagen maturation pathway, through altered expression of enzymes involved in cross-link formation...
- Interleukin 4 and prolonged hypoxia induce a higher gene expression of lysyl hydroxylase 2 and an altered cross-link pattern: important pathogenetic steps in early and late stage of systemic scleroderma?J Brinckmann
Department of Dermatology, University of Lubeck, Ratzeburger Allee 160, 23538 Lubeck, Germany
Matrix Biol 24:459-68. 2005..In the present study, we analyzed the cross-link pattern and the gene expression of lysyl hydroxylase 2 (LH2) in the skin of SSc...
- Differential diagnosis of muscular hypotonia in infants: the kyphoscoliotic type of Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS VI)Uluc Yis
Division of Child Neurology, Dokuz Eylul University School of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, 35340 Izmir, Turkey
Neuromuscul Disord 18:210-4. 2008..Biochemically, it is characterized by a deficiency of collagen lysyl hydroxylase (EC 22.214.171.124) due to mutations in PLOD1...
- A new Ehlers-Danlos syndrome with craniofacial characteristics, multiple congenital contractures, progressive joint and skin laxity, and multisystem fragility-related manifestationsTomoki Kosho
Department of Medical Genetics, Shinshu University School of Medicine, Matsumoto, Japan
Am J Med Genet A 152:1333-46. 2010..and skeletal features, overlapping with the kyphoscoliosis type Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS) but without lysyl hydroxylase deficiency [Kosho et al. (2005) Am J Med Genet Part A 138A:282-287]...
- Interstitial collagen synthesis and processing in human amnion: a property of the mesenchymal cellsM L Casey
Cecil H and Ida Green Center for Reproductive Biology Sciences, University of Texas, Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas 75235, USA
Biol Reprod 55:1253-60. 1996..2(I), and alpha 1(III) subunit mRNAs and the specific activities of the enzymes prolyl 4-hydroxylase and lysyl hydroxylase were greatest in human amnion tissue early in gestation, decreasing rather abruptly after 12-14 wk gestation ..
- Heterogeneous basis of the type VIB form of Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS VIB) that is unrelated to decreased collagen lysyl hydroxylationL C Walker
Division of Dermatology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Am J Med Genet A 131:155-62. 2004..diagnosis of Ehlers-Danlos syndrome type VI (EDS VI; kyphoscoliosis type), have significantly decreased lysyl hydroxylase (LH) activity due to mutations in the LH1 gene (classified as EDS VIA: OMIM no. 225400)...
- Spondylocheiro dysplastic form of the Ehlers-Danlos syndrome--an autosomal-recessive entity caused by mutations in the zinc transporter gene SLC39A13Cecilia Giunta
Division of Metabolism and Molecular Pediatrics, University Children s Hospital, CH 8032 Zurich, Switzerland
Am J Hum Genet 82:1290-305. 2008..2 in controls. Lysyl and prolyl residues of collagens were underhydroxylated despite normal lysyl hydroxylase and prolyl 4-hydroxylase activities; underhydroxylation was a generalized process as shown by mass ..
- Lysyl hydroxylase 2 is a specific telopeptide hydroxylase, while all three isoenzymes hydroxylate collagenous sequencesKati Takaluoma
Collagen Research Unit, Biocenter Oulu and Department of Medical Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Oulu, FIN 90014, Oulu, Finland
Matrix Biol 26:396-403. 2007b>Lysyl hydroxylase (LH), with three isoenzymes in vertebrates, catalyzes the formation of hydroxylysine by acting on -X-Lys-Gly- triplets in the collagenous domains of proteins of the collagen superfamily and also in -X-Lys-Ala- or -X-Lys-..
- Mechanism of inhibition of lysyl hydroxylase activity by the organophosphates malathion and malaoxonA Samimi
Pulmonary Critical Care Medicine, University of California, Davis, California 95616, USA
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 176:181-6. 2001Direct inhibition of lysyl hydroxylase by malathion and malaoxon was observed in an in vitro enzyme assay with recombinant lysyl hydroxylase expressed via a baculoviral system...
- Premature aggregation of type IV collagen and early lethality in lysyl hydroxylase 3 null miceKati Rautavuoma
Collagen Research Unit and Department of Medical Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Biocenter Oulu, University of Oulu, 90014 Oulu, Finland
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:14120-5. 2004..We generated mice with targeted inactivation of the gene for one of the three lysyl hydroxylase isoenzymes, LH3. The null embryos developed seemingly normally until embryonic day 8...
- Coenzyme A stimulates collagen production in cultured fibroblasts; possible mechanisms in enzymatic and gene expressionK Mio
Life Science Research Center, Lion Corporation, Odawara, Kanagawa, Japan
Arch Dermatol Res 293:522-31. 2001..hand, coenzyme A did not stimulate the activity nor the gene expression of two other processing enzymes: lysyl hydroxylase, which provides the sites for glycosylation and crosslinking between collagen peptides, and lysyl oxidase, a ..
- Lysyl hydroxylase 3 (LH3) modifies proteins in the extracellular space, a novel mechanism for matrix remodelingAntti M Salo
Department of Biochemistry and Biocenter Oulu, University of Oulu, Oulu, Finland
J Cell Physiol 207:644-53. 2006b>Lysyl hydroxylase 3 (LH3), the multifunctional enzyme associated with collagen biosynthesis that possesses lysyl hydroxylase and collagen glycosyltransferase activities, has been characterized in the extracellular space in this study...
- Prolyl 3-hydroxylase 1, enzyme characterization and identification of a novel family of enzymesJanice A Vranka
Research Department, Shriners Hospital for Children, Portland, Oregon 97239, USA
J Biol Chem 279:23615-21. 2004..3-hydroxylases, which share the conserved residues present in the active site of prolyl 4-hydroxylase and lysyl hydroxylase. P3H1 is the chick homologue of mammalian leprecan or growth suppressor 1...
- Procollagen synthesis is increased in hypothyroid rat ovary by a parallel and compensatory pathwaySamir Kumar Saha
Molecular Endocrinology Laboratory, Indian Institute of Chemical Biology, Kolkata, India
Cell Physiol Biochem 19:313-22. 2007..Down regulation of lysyl hydroxylase in hypothyroid condition results less collagen formation...
- Morphological and molecular analysis of idiopathic gingival fibromatosis: a case reportNicoletta Gagliano
Department of Human Morphology LITA Segrate, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
J Clin Periodontol 32:1116-21. 2005..As this overgrowth involves collagen accumulation in the gingival connective tissue, we measured the collagen turnover to clarify the pathogenic mechanisms potentially involved...
- The myotomal diwanka (lh3) glycosyltransferase and type XVIII collagen are critical for motor growth cone migrationValerie A Schneider
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, 19104, USA
Neuron 50:683-95. 2006..cloning of diwanka and show that it encodes LH3, a myotomally expressed multifunctional enzyme with lysyl hydroxylase and glycosyltransferase domains...
- Cloning and characterization of a third human lysyl hydroxylase isoformK Passoja
Collagen Research Unit, Biocenter and Department of Medical Biochemistry, University of Oulu, FIN 90220 Oulu, Finland
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:10482-6. 1998b>Lysyl hydroxylase (EC 126.96.36.199), a homodimer, catalyzes the formation of hydroxylysine in collagens. Recently, an isoenzyme termed lysyl hydroxylase 2 has been cloned from human sources [M. Valtavaara, H. Papponen, A.-M. Pirttilä, K...
- Lack of collagen type specificity for lysyl hydroxylase isoformsC Wang
Department of Biochemistry, University of Oulu, Finland
DNA Cell Biol 19:71-7. 2000b>Lysyl hydroxylase is the enzyme catalyzing the formation of hydroxylysyl residues in collagens. Large differences in the extent of hydroxylysyl residues are found among collagen types...
- Tissue specificity of a new splice form of the human lysyl hydroxylase 2 geneH N Yeowell
Division of Dermatology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Matrix Biol 18:179-87. 1999In this study we present the first report of alternative RNA splicing in a gene for lysyl hydroxylase (LH) in a normal population. This splicing event, which we have observed in the LH2 gene, appears to be tissue specific...
- Effect of minoxidil on rabbit lens epithelial cell behavior in vitro and in situI Ishida
Department of Ophthalmology, Wakayama Medical University, Kimiidera, Japan
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 239:770-7. 2001..Minoxidil is an inhibitor of lysyl hydroxylase, an enzyme involved in procollagen hydroxylation...
- Tissue-specific expression and regulation of the alternatively-spliced forms of lysyl hydroxylase 2 (LH2) in human kidney cells and skin fibroblastsLinda C Walker
Division of Dermatology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, Box 3135, NC 27710, USA
Matrix Biol 23:515-23. 2005..b>Lysyl hydroxylase 2 (LH2) exists as two alternatively-spliced forms; the long transcript (the major ubiquitously-expressed ..
- A therapeutic dose of FK506 does not affect collagen turnover pathways in healthy human gingival fibroblastsN Gagliano
Department of Human Morphology, Extracellular Matrix Laboratory EML, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
Transplant Proc 40:1419-24. 2008..Collagen type I and III (COL-I, COL-III), lysyl hydroxylase 2b (LH2b), MMP-1 and -2, tissue inhibitor of MMP-1 and transforming growth factor-beta1 (TGF-beta1) mRNA ..
- Complete exon-intron organization of the gene for human lysyl hydroxylase 3 (LH3)K Rautavuoma
Collagen Research Unit, Biocenter and Department of Medical Biochemistry, University of Oulu, Kajaanintie 52 A, FIN 90220, Oulu, Finland
Matrix Biol 19:73-9. 2000b>Lysyl hydroxylase (LH) catalyzes the formation of hydroxylysine in collagens and related proteins by the hydroxylation of lysine residues in peptide linkages. Three isoenzymes of LH have so far been characterized...
- Phenotypic and molecular characterization of Bruck syndrome (osteogenesis imperfecta with contractures of the large joints) caused by a recessive mutation in PLOD2Russia Ha-Vinh
Division of Molecular Pediatrics, University of Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland
Am J Med Genet A 131:115-20. 2004..One BS locus has been mapped at 17p12, but more recently, two mutations in the lysyl hydroxylase 2 gene (PLOD2, 3q23-q24) have been identified in BS, showing genetic heterogeneity...
- Evidence that impaired intracellular collagen synthesis reduces proliferation in cultured rat hepatocytesH Ikeda
First Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 200:1701-7. 1994..The addition of P-1894B or minoxidil, which inhibits specifically prolyl hydroxylase or lysyl hydroxylase, respectively, also produced similar results...
- Differential effects of homocysteine and beta aminopropionitrile on preosteoblastic MC3T3-E1 cellsRoman Thaler
Ludwig Boltzmann Institute of Osteology, Hanusch Hospital, Vienna, Austria
Bone 46:703-9. 2010..increased the ratio of pyr/divalent cross-links of collagen, and down-regulated mRNA expression of lysyl hydroxylase (Plod2) and lysyl oxidase (Lox), genes which play an important role in the formation of a stable matrix...
- PITX2 isoform-specific regulation of atrial natriuretic factor expression: synergism and repression with Nkx2.5Mrudula Ganga
Department of Biological Science, The University of Tulsa, Tulsa, Oklahoma 74104 3189, USA
J Biol Chem 278:22437-45. 2003..5. We further demonstrate that the procollagen lysyl hydroxylase (PLOD1) promoter is regulated by Nkx2.5. Mechanistically, PITX2C and Nkx2...
- Penicillin G does not alter collagen type I metabolism of dermal fibroblasts in cultureU Anderegg
Department of Dermatology, Leipzig University, and Saxon Academy of Science, Leipzig, Germany
Dermatology 200:111-4. 2000..Penicillin G (PenG) has successfully been used for therapy of dermal fibrosis in patients suffering from systemic sclerosis (SSc). However, there is little knowledge on the mechanism of the antifibrotic action of PenG...
- cDNA cloning and expression of bovine aspartyl (asparaginyl) beta-hydroxylaseS Jia
Merck Sharp and Dohme Research Laboratories, West Point, Pennsylvania 19486
J Biol Chem 267:14322-7. 1992..amino acid sequences of two other alpha-ketoglutarate-dependent dioxygenases, prolyl-4-hydroxylase and lysyl hydroxylase, with that of Asp beta-hydroxylase showed no significant homologies...
- Cloning and characterization of a novel human lysyl hydroxylase isoform highly expressed in pancreas and muscleM Valtavaara
Biocenter and Department of Biochemistry, University of Oulu, FIN 90570 Oulu, Finland
J Biol Chem 272:6831-4. 1997We report the isolation and characterization of cDNA clones for a novel isoform of lysyl hydroxylase (lysyl hydroxylase 2), a posttranslational enzyme of collagen biosynthesis...
- Genomic structure and embryonic expression of zebrafish lysyl hydroxylase 1 and lysyl hydroxylase 2Valerie A Schneider
University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6058, USA
Matrix Biol 26:12-9. 2007Collagen biosynthesis in both invertebrates and vertebrates is critically dependent upon the activity of lysyl hydroxylase (LH) enzymes...
- Biochemical and spectroscopic characterization of the reaction center-LH1 complex and the carotenoid-containing B820 subunit of Chromatium purpuratumC A Kerfeld
Department of Biology, University of California, Los Angeles 90024 1570
Biochim Biophys Acta 1185:193-202. 1994Two complexes, the reaction center light-harvesting complex 1 (RC-LH1) and the B820 subunit of the LH1, have been isolated and characterized from the purple-sulfur photosynthetic bacterium Chromatium purpuratum...
- Effects of elevated circulating IGF-1 on the extracellular matrix in "high-growth" C57BL/6J miceK Reiser
Department of Internal Medicine, School of Medicine, University of California, Davis 95616, USA
Am J Physiol 271:R696-703. 1996..Expression of types I and III collagen, lysyl oxidase, and lysyl hydroxylase was increased in all tissues analyzed...
- Spectroscopy and structure of bacteriochlorophyll dimers. I. Structural consequences of nonconservative circular dichroism spectraM H Koolhaas
Department of Theoretical and Physical Chemistry, Vrije Universiteit, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Biophys J 72:1828-41. 1997..The results are applied to the B820 subunit of the LH1 antenna system and subsequently to the antenna system LH1 itself...
- Supramolecular organisation of the photosynthetic chain in anoxygenic bacteriaAndre Vermeglio
CEA Cadarache DEVM Laboratoire de Bioénergétique Cellulaire, UMR 163 CNRS CEA, Univ Méditerranée CEA1000, Saint Paul lez Durance, France
Biochim Biophys Acta 1555:60-4. 2002..In R. sphaeroides, the RCs are only partially surrounded by LH1 complexes...
- Structure of the dimeric PufX-containing core complex of Rhodobacter blasticus by in situ atomic force microscopySimon Scheuring
Institut Curie, Unité Mixte de Recherche CNRS 168 and Laboratoire de Recherche Correspondant Commissariat à l Energie Atomique 34V, 11 rue Pierre et Marie Curie, 75231 Paris 05, France
J Biol Chem 280:1426-31. 2005..High-resolution atomic force microscopy topographs of both cytoplasmic and periplasmic surfaces of LH2 and RC-LH1-PufX (RC, reaction center) complexes were acquired in situ...
- Carotenoid-induced cooperative formation of bacterial photosynthetic LH1 complexLeszek Fiedor
Faculty of Biotechnology, Jagiellonian University, Gronostajowa 7, 30 387 Cracow, Poland
Biochemistry 43:16487-96. 2004..reconstitution technique has been developed and then applied to prepare a series of light-harvesting antenna 1 (LH1) complexes with a programmed carotenoid composition, not available from native photosynthetic membranes...
- An Ehlers-Danlos syndrome type VIA patient with cystic malformations of the meningesHeather N Yeowell
Div of Dermatology, Duke Univ Medical Centre, Durham, NC, USA
Eur J Dermatol 15:353-8. 2005..9 kb in the lysyl hydroxylase 1 (LH1) gene that is the cause of severely decreased levels of LH activity in her skin fibroblasts...
- Atomic-level structural and functional model of a bacterial photosynthetic membrane vesicleMelih K Sener
Beckman Institute and Department of Physics, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Urbana, IL 61801, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:15723-8. 2007..of the inner membrane, approximately 70 nm in diameter, composed mostly of light-harvesting complexes, LH1 and LH2, and reaction centers (RCs)...
- The photosystem of Rhodobacter sphaeroides assembles with zinc bacteriochlorophyll in a bchD (magnesium chelatase) mutantPaul R Jaschke
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, The University of British Columbia, 2350 Health Sciences Mall, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada V6T 1Z3
Biochemistry 46:12491-500. 2007..Zn-BChl binds to light-harvesting 1 (LH1) and 2 (LH2) complexes in place of BChl in bchD membranes, with a LH2:LH1 ratio resembling that of wild-type cells ..
- Intrinsic curvature properties of photosynthetic proteins in chromatophoresDanielle E Chandler
Department of Physics, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, USA
Biophys J 95:2822-36. 2008..are densely packed with the membrane proteins necessary for photosynthesis, including light harvesting complexes LH1 and LH2, reaction center (RC), and cytochrome bc(1)...
- [Inhibition of puerarin on pulmonary hypertension in rats with hypoxia and hypercapnia]Ji Wu Li
Department of Cardiology, Institute of Cor Pulmonale, Second Affiliated Hospital of Wenzhou Medical College, Wenzhou 325000, China
Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi 33:544-9. 2008..To study the effects of puerarin on pulmonary Vascular remodeling in rats with pulmonary hypertension induced by chronic hypoxia and hypercapnia...
- Characterization of the photosynthetic apparatus and proteome of Roseobacter denitrificansKai Tang
National Key Laboratory of Marine Environmental Sciences, Xiamen University, Xiamen, China
Curr Microbiol 60:124-33. 2010..The existence of light-harvesting complexes (LH1 and LH2) and the reaction center (RC) in the native membrane were demonstrated through atomic force microscopy ..
- Oligomeric characterization of the photosynthetic apparatus of Rhodobacter sphaeroides R26.1 by nondenaturing electrophoresis methodsGian Maria D'Amici
Department of Environmental Sciences, Tuscia University, Viterbo, Italy
J Proteome Res 9:192-203. 2010..reaction center (RC), as well as the monomer and dimer of the reaction center-light harvesting 1-PufX (RC-LH1-PufX) complex. Curiously, no type of LH1 complex was detected...
- Interaction of JMJD6 with single-stranded RNAXia Hong
Integrated Department of Immunology, National Jewish Health, Denver, CO 80206
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:14568-72. 2010..alpha-ketoglutarate and iron and has been characterized as either a histone arginine demethylase or U2AF65 lysyl hydroxylase. Here, we describe the structures of JMJD6 with and without alpha-ketoglutarate, which revealed a novel ..
- Dimerization of human lysyl hydroxylase 3 (LH3) is mediated by the amino acids 541-547Jari Heikkinen
Department of Biochemistry, University of Oulu, Oulu, Finland
Matrix Biol 30:27-33. 2011..We have localized the region responsible for the dimerization of lysyl hydroxylase 3 (LH3), a multifunctional enzyme of collagen biosynthesis, to a sequence of amino acids between the ..
- Unveiling novel genes upregulated by both rhBMP2 and rhBMP7 during early osteoblastic transdifferentiation of C2C12 cellsJuan C Bustos-Valenzuela
Chemistry Institute, Department of Biochemistry, Cell and Molecular Therapy Centre NUCEL, University of Sao Paulo, Avenida Prof, Lineu Prestes, 748 Bloco 9S, Sao Paulo, SP 05508 000, Brazil
BMC Res Notes 4:370. 2011..The novel identified genes include: Hoxc8, Glis1, Glis3, Ecsit, PKCδ, LrP6, Dvl1, Grn, BMP1, Ltbp2, Plod1, Htra1 and IGFBP-rP10...
- Cross-species investigation of the functions of the Rhodobacter PufX polypeptide and the composition of the RC-LH1 core complexLucy I Crouch
University of Bristol, Bristol, UK
Biochim Biophys Acta 1817:336-52. 2012..bacteria it is known that the photochemical reaction centre (RC) is intimately-associated with an encircling LH1 antenna pigment protein, and this LH1 antenna is prevented from completely surrounding the RC by a single copy of ..
- [Mutations of noncollagen genes in osteogenesis imperfecta--implications of the gene products in collagen biosynthesis and pathogenesis of disease]Anna Galicka
Zakład Chemii Medycznej, Uniwersytet Medyczny w Białymstok
Postepy Hig Med Dosw (Online) 66:359-71. 2012..Pro986 hydroxylation and caused an increase in modification of collagen helix by prolyl 4-hydroxylase and lysyl hydroxylase. However, the importance of these disturbances in the disease pathomechanism is not known...
- Absence of FKBP10 in recessive type XI osteogenesis imperfecta leads to diminished collagen cross-linking and reduced collagen deposition in extracellular matrixAileen M Barnes
Bone and Extracellular Matrix Branch, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Hum Mutat 33:1589-98. 2012..of the collagen telopeptide lysine involved in cross-linking, suggesting that FKBP65 is required for lysyl hydroxylase activity or access to type I collagen telopeptide lysines, perhaps through its function as a peptidylprolyl ..
- Ascorbic acid enhances the expression of type 1 and type 4 collagen and SVCT2 in cultured human skin fibroblastsYuki Kishimoto
Molecular Regulation of Aging, Tokyo Metropolitan Institute of Gerontology, Tokyo 173 0015, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 430:579-84. 2013Ascorbic acid (AA) is essential for collagen biosynthesis as a cofactor for prolyl and lysyl hydroxylase and as a stimulus for collagen gene expression...
- Combined topographic, spectroscopic, and model analyses of inhomogeneous energetic coupling of linear light harvesting complex II aggregates in native photosynthetic membranesSuneth P Rajapaksha
Department of Chemistry and Center for Photochemical Sciences, Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, OH 43403, USA
Phys Chem Chem Phys 15:5636-47. 2013Light harvesting by LH1 and LH2 antenna proteins in the photosynthetic membranes of purple bacteria has been extensively studied in recent years for the fundamental understanding of the energy transfer dynamics and mechanism...
- Bone collagen: new clues to its mineralization mechanism from recessive osteogenesis imperfectaDavid R Eyre
Department of Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine, University of Washington, 1959 NE Pacific St, P O Box 356500, Seattle, WA, 98195, USA
Calcif Tissue Int 93:338-47. 2013..three proteins forming the prolyl 3-hydroxylase complex; PLOD2 and FKBP10, which encode, respectively, lysyl hydroxylase 2 and a foldase required for its activity in forming mature cross-links in bone collagen; SERPINH1, which ..
- Kuskokwim syndrome, a recessive congenital contracture disorder, extends the phenotype of FKBP10 mutationsAileen M Barnes
Bone and Extracellular Matrix Branch, NICHD NIH, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Hum Mutat 34:1279-88. 2013..mutations affect collagen indirectly, by ablating FKBP65 support for collagen telopeptide hydroxylation by lysyl hydroxylase 2, thus decreasing collagen cross-links in tendon and bone matrix...
- Structural studies of the cell wall polysaccharides from three strains of Lactobacillus helveticus with different autolytic properties: DPC4571, BROI, and LH1Evgeny Vinogradov
National Research Council, Ottawa, Canada
Carbohydr Res 379:7-12. 2013..In the present work, we screened six L. helveticus strains with different autolytic properties: DPC4571, BROI and LH1. We established, for the first time, that cell walls (CWs) of these strains contained polysaccharides, different ..
- Standardization of laparoscopic left hemicolectomy: a single-center experience of 484 casesF Corcione
Department of Laparoscopic and Robotic Surgery, Monaldi Hospital, Naples, Italy
Minerva Chir . 2013..single institution where a standardized operative and perioperative procedure for laparoscopic left hemicolectomy (LLH) has been used. Methods: Between January 2005 and April 2011, 484 patients underwent LLH for colon diseases...
- Identification of Suitable Reference Genes for Investigating Gene Expression in Anterior Cruciate Ligament Injury by Using Reverse Transcription-Quantitative PCRMariana Ferreira Leal
Departamento de Ortopedia e Traumatologia, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, 04038 032, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil Disciplina de Genética, Departamento de Morfologia e Genética, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, 04023 001, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
PLoS ONE 10:e0133323. 2015..In conclusion, 3 or more genes should be used as reference genes for analysis of ACL samples of individuals with and without ACL tears. ..
- Supramolecular organization of photosynthetic complexes in membranes of Roseiflexus castenholziiErica L W Majumder
Department of Chemistry, Washington University in St Louis, 1 Brookings Dr, CB 1134, St Louis, MO, 63130, USA
Photosynth Res 127:117-30. 2016..reaction center complex produced a 3D model that aligns with the solved crystal structure of the RC-LH1 from Thermochromatium tepidum with the H subunit removed...
- Development and dynamics of the photosynthetic apparatus in purple phototrophic bacteriaRobert A Niederman
Department of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, 604 Allison Road, Piscataway, New Jersey 08854 8082, United States Electronic address
Biochim Biophys Acta 1857:232-46. 2016..AFM imaging studies of the formation of the reaction center (RC)-light harvesting 1 (LH1) complex suggested a cooperative assembly mechanism in which, following the association between the RC template and ..
- Temperature dependent LH1→RC energy transfer in purple bacteria Tch. tepidum with shiftable LH1-Qy band: A natural system to investigate thermally activated energy transfer in photosynthesisFei Ma
Department of Biophysics, Faculty of Sciences, VU University Amsterdam, De Boelelaan 1081, 1081 HV Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Biochim Biophys Acta 1857:408-14. 2016The native LH1-RC complex of the purple bacterium Thermochromatium (Tch.) tepidum has an ultra-red LH1-Qy absorption at 915nm, which can shift to 893 and 882nm by means of chemical modifications...
- Bacterial Light-Harvesting Complexes Showing Giant Second-Order Nonlinear Optical Response as Revealed by Hyper-Rayleigh Light ScatteringFei Ma
Department of Chemistry, Renmin University of China, Beijing 1000872, P R China
J Phys Chem B 120:9395-401. 2016..The carotenoid (Car) molecules bound to the isolated LH1 and LH2 proteins gave rise to second-harmonic scattering; however, they showed an opposite effect of the collective ..
- An Improved Surgical Technique for Pure Laparoscopic Left Hemihepatectomy: Ten Years Experience in a Tertiary CenterXuefei Wang
1 Department of Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Surgical Oncology, Chinese People s Liberation Army PLA General Hospital, Beijing, China
J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A 26:862-869. 2016This study details our experience with an improved surgical technique involving the hepatic pedicle during laparoscopic left hemihepatectomy (LLH).
- Spectroscopic and Thermodynamic Characterization of the Metal-Binding Sites in the LH1-RC Complex from Thermophilic Photosynthetic Bacterium Thermochromatium tepidumYukihiro Kimura
Graduate School of Agricultural Science, Kobe University, Kobe 657 8501, Japan
J Phys Chem B 120:12466-12473. 2016The light-harvesting 1 reaction center (LH1-RC) complex from thermophilic photosynthetic bacterium Thermochromatium (Tch...
- Direct Observation of Energy Detrapping in LH1-RC Complex by Two-Dimensional Electronic SpectroscopyFei Ma
Department of Biophysics, Faculty of Sciences, VU University Amsterdam, De Boelelaan 1081, 1081 HV Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Am Chem Soc . 2017The purple bacterial core light harvesting antenna-reaction center (LH1-RC) complex is the simplest system able to achieve the entire primary function of photosynthesis...
- LOXL4 knockdown enhances tumor growth and lung metastasis through collagen-dependent extracellular matrix changes in triple-negative breast cancerSul Ki Choi
Department of Radiology, Seoul National University Hospital, Jongno gu, Seoul 03080, Korea
Oncotarget . 2017..model, LOXL4 knockdown increased primary tumor growth and lung colonization as well as collagen I and IV, lysine hydroxylase 1 and 2, and prolyl 4-hydroxylase subunit alpha 1 and 2 levels...
- Direct Imaging of Protein Organization in an Intact Bacterial Organelle Using High-Resolution Atomic Force MicroscopySandip Kumar
Department of Physics and Astronomy, Department of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, Department of Chemistry, and Krebs Institute, University of Sheffield, Sheffield, South Yorkshire S10 2TN, U K
ACS Nano 11:126-133. 2017..High-order assemblies of RC-LH1-PufX complexes are observed, and intact ATPases are successfully imaged...
- Laparoscopic Left Hemihepatectomy for Left-sided HepatolithiasisXiaoming Ye
Department of Surgery, Division of Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Surgery, Yinzhou Second Hospital, Ningbo, China
Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech 25:347-50. 2015..Partial hepatectomy is the most definitive treatment for hepatolithiasis. This study evaluated the safety and efficacy of the laparoscopic left hemihepatectomy (LLH) for left-sided hepatolithiasis.
- Evaluation of structure-function relationships in the core light-harvesting complex of photosynthetic bacteria by reconstitution with mutant polypeptidesC M Davis
Department of Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, and Cell Biology, Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois 60208 3500, USA
Biochemistry 36:3671-9. 1997Seven mutant LH1 polypeptides of Rhodobactor sphaeroides have been isolated, and their behaviors in in vitro reconstitution of LH1 and its subunit complex have been characterized...
- Mutational analysis of the lysyl hydroxylase 1 gene (PLOD) in six unrelated patients with Ehlers-Danlos syndrome type VI: prenatal exclusion of this disorder in one familyH N Yeowell
Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Hum Mutat 16:90. 2000Screening of full length cDNAs for lysyl hydroxylase 1 (LH1; also PLOD) amplified from dermal fibroblasts from six unrelated patients with the autosomal recessive disorder Ehlers-Danlos syndrome type VI (EDS VI) has shown them to be both ..
- Energy transfer and charge separation in the purple non-sulfur bacterium Roseospirillum parvumH P Permentier
Department of Biophysics, Huygens Laboratory, Leiden University, The Netherlands
Biochim Biophys Acta 1460:338-45. 2000..6 ps. This and other evidence indicate that both types of BChl belong to a single LH1 complex. Flash induced difference spectra show that the primary electron donor absorbs at 886 nm, i.e...
- Projection structure of the photosynthetic reaction centre-antenna complex of Rhodospirillum rubrum at 8.5 A resolutionStuart J Jamieson
Krebs Institute for Biomolecular Research, Department of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, University of Sheffield, Firth Court, Western Bank, Sheffield S10 2TN, UK
EMBO J 21:3927-35. 2002Two-dimensional crystals of the reaction-centre-light-harvesting complex I (RC-LH1) of the purple non- sulfur bacterium Rhodospirillum rubrum have been formed from detergent-solubilized and purified protein complexes...
- Oxygen tension regulates the expression of a group of procollagen hydroxylasesKarl Heinz Hofbauer
Institut für Physiologie der Universität Regensburg, Germany
Eur J Biochem 270:4515-22. 2003..involved in collagen fiber formation, such as prolyl-4-hydroxylases (Ph4) and procollagen lysyl-hydroxylases (PLOD)...
- Characterization of a mutant strain of Rhodovulum sulfidophilum lacking the pufA and pufB genes encoding the polypeptides for the light-harvesting complex 1 (B 870)Laura J Raiger-Iustman
Catedra de Microbiologia, Facultad de Agronomia, UBA and Instituto de Investigaciones Bioquímicas y Fisiológicas IByF CONICET, Av San Martin 4453, 1417, Capital Federal, Argentina
Arch Microbiol 185:407-15. 2006..complex 2 (LH2) directly to the reaction center (RC) in mutant strains lacking the core light-harvesting complex 1 (LH1) have been obtained with cells of Rhodobacter capsulatus and Rhodobacter sphaeroides...
- Excitation dynamics of two spectral forms of the core complexes from photosynthetic bacterium Thermochromatium tepidumFei Ma
Beijing National Laboratory for Molecular Science, State Key Laboratory for Structural Chemistry of Unstable and Stable Species, Institute of Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China
Biophys J 95:3349-57. 2008The intact core antenna-reaction center (LH1-RC) core complex of thermophilic photosynthetic bacterium Thermochromatium (Tch.) tepidum is peculiar in its long-wavelength LH1-Q(y) absorption (915 nm)...
- Natronovirga wadinatrunensis gen. nov., sp. nov. and Natranaerobius trueperi sp. nov., halophilic, alkalithermophilic micro-organisms from soda lakes of the Wadi An Natrun, EgyptNoha M Mesbah
Department of Microbiology, University of Georgia, Athens, GA 30602, USA
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 59:2042-8. 2009..nov. Strain JW/NM-WN-LH1T represents a novel genus and species within the family Natranaerobiaceae, Natronovirga wadinatrunensis gen. nov., sp. nov. The type strain of the type species is JW/NM-WN-LH1T (=DSM 18770T=ATCC BAA-1444T)...
- Reduction of lysyl hydroxylase 3 causes deleterious changes in the deposition and organization of extracellular matrixMaija Risteli
Department of Biochemistry, P O Box 3000, University of Oulu, FI 90014 Oulu, Finland
J Biol Chem 284:28204-11. 2009b>Lysyl hydroxylase 3 (LH3) is a multifunctional enzyme possessing lysyl hydroxylase, collagen galactosyltransferase, and glucosyltransferase (GGT) activities...
- Rhabdoid tumor: gene expression clues to pathogenesis and potential therapeutic targetsSamantha Gadd
Department of Pathology, Northwestern University s Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL, USA
Lab Invest 90:724-38. 2010....
- Reconstitution of bacterial photosynthetic unit in a lipid bilayer studied by single-molecule spectroscopy at 5 KDaisuke Uchiyama
Department of Physics, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Tokyo 152 8551, Japan
Phys Chem Chem Phys 13:11615-9. 2011..a lipid bilayer by reconstitution of the light-harvesting 2 (LH2) complex and light-harvesting 1-reaction center (LH1-RC) complex through detergent removal of their micelles in the presence of lipids...
- Construction and structural analysis of tethered lipid bilayer containing photosynthetic antenna proteins for functional analysisAyumi Sumino
Department of Frontier Materials, Graduate School of Engineering, Nagoya Institute of Technology, Gokiso cho, Showa Ku, Nagoya 466 8555, Japan
Biomacromolecules 12:2850-8. 2011..bacterial photosynthetic membrane proteins, light-harvesting complex 2 (LH2), and light-harvesting core complex (LH1-RC) is described and establishes this system as an experimental platform for their functional analysis...
- Lingual leiomyomatous hamartoma with bifid tip and ankyloglossia in a patient without oral-facial-digital syndrome: a case report and literature reviewHsing Liang Wang
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, College of Medicine, Kaohsiung Medical University, Kaohsiung City, Taiwan
World J Surg Oncol 11:230. 2013Here is a rare case of lingual leiomyomatous hamartoma (LLH) with bifid tongue tip and tongue-tie in a patient with non-oral-facial-digital syndrome (OFDS)...
- Abnormal type I collagen post-translational modification and crosslinking in a cyclophilin B KO mouse model of recessive osteogenesis imperfectaWayne A Cabral
Bone and Extracellular Matrix Branch, NICHD, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland, United States of America
PLoS Genet 10:e1004465. 2014..We confirmed and extended the reported role of CyPB in supporting collagen lysyl hydroxylase (LH1) activity...
- Lysyl hydroxylase 3 is a multifunctional protein possessing collagen glucosyltransferase activityJ Heikkinen
Department of Biochemistry, University of Oulu, P O Box 3000, FIN 90014 Oulu, Finland
J Biol Chem 275:36158-63. 2000b>Lysyl hydroxylase (EC ) and glucosyltransferase (EC ) are enzymes involved in post-translational modifications during collagen biosynthesis...
- Identification of amino acids important for the catalytic activity of the collagen glucosyltransferase associated with the multifunctional lysyl hydroxylase 3 (LH3)Chunguang Wang
Department of Biochemistry, Biocenter Oulu, University of Oulu, P O Box 3000, University of Oulu, FIN 90014, Finland
J Biol Chem 277:18568-73. 2002Collagen glucosyltransferase (GGT) activity has recently been shown to be associated with human lysyl hydroxylase (LH) isoform 3 (LH3) (Heikkinen, J., Risteli, M., Wang, C., Latvala, J., Rossi, M., Valtavaara, M., Myllylä, R. (2000) J...
- Vitamin C and bone markers: investigations in a Gambian populationKaren Munday
Medical Research Council Human Nutrition Research, Elsie Widdowson Laboratory, Fulbourn Road, Cambridge CB1 9NL, UK
Proc Nutr Soc 62:429-36. 2003..Vitamin C acts as a cofactor for the enzyme lysyl hydroxylase, which is required for the hydroxylation of lysine residues in procollagen chains...
- Crystal structure of the RC-LH1 core complex from Rhodopseudomonas palustrisAleksander W Roszak
Department of Chemistry, Institute of Biomedical and Life Sciences, University of Glasgow, Glasgow G12 8QQ, UK
Science 302:1969-72. 2003The crystal structure at 4.8 angstrom resolution of the reaction center-light harvesting 1 (RC-LH1) core complex from Rhodopseudomonas palustris shows the reaction center surrounded by an oval LH1 complex that consists of 15 pairs of ..
- Lysyl hydroxylase-2b directs collagen cross-linking pathways in MC3T3-E1 cellsSuchaya Pornprasertsuk
Dental Research Center, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7455, USA
J Bone Miner Res 19:1349-55. 2004..The data indicate that LH2b directs collagen cross-linking pathways through its action on telopeptidyl lysine residues...
- Platelet factor 4 gene transfection into tumor cells inhibits angiogenesis, tumor growth and metastasisKentaro Yamaguchi
Department of Surgery, Tokyo Women s Medical University Daini Hospital, 2 1 10 Nishiogu, Arakawa ku Tokyo, 116 8567, Japan
Anticancer Res 25:847-51. 2005..In this study, Lewis lung carcinoma (LLH) cells were transfected with the human PF4 via mammalian expression vectors and the ability of the transfected ..
- In vivo carotenoid triplet formation in response to excess light: a supramolecular photoprotection mechanism revisitedJean Alric
Laboratoire de Genetique et Biophysique des Plantes, UMR, 6191 CNRS CEA Aix Marseille II, France
Photosynth Res 83:335-41. 2005..work, we investigate the coupling between energy conversion and energy deactivation, in isolated complexes of RC-LH1 and LH2 increasingly integrated systems up to intact cells of the purple anaerobic photosynthetic bacterium ..
- Investigation of Rhodobacter capsulatus PufX interactions in the core complex of the photosynthetic apparatusMuktak Aklujkar
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of British Columbia, V6T 1Z3, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Photosynth Res 88:159-71. 2006..the genus Rhodobacter includes a core complex consisting of the reaction centre (RC), light-harvesting complex 1 (LH1), and the PufX protein. PufX modulates LH1 structure and facilitates photosynthetic quinone/quinol exchange...
- Expression profile of proteins involved in scar formation in the healing process of full-thickness excisional wounds in the porcine modelMagda M W Ulrich
Association of Dutch Burn Centres, Beverwijk, The Netherlands
Wound Repair Regen 15:482-90. 2007..This type of cross-linking is dependent on the enzyme lysyl hydroxylase-2b...
- Probing binding site of bacteriochlorophyll a and carotenoid in the reconstituted LH1 complex from Rhodospirillum rubrum S1 by Stark spectroscopyKatsunori Nakagawa
Department of Applied Chemistry, Graduate School of Engineering, Nagoya Institute of Technology, Gokiso cho, Nagoya, 466 8555, Japan
Photosynth Res 95:339-44. 2008..Tr(Deltaalpha) and static dipole-moment change |Deltamu| upon photoexcitation) of isolated and of reconstituted LH1 complexes from the purple photosynthetic bacterium, Rhodospirillum (Rs.) rubrum...
- Atomic force microscopy reveals multiple patterns of antenna organization in purple bacteria: implications for energy transduction mechanisms and membrane modelingJames N Sturgis
Laboratoire d Ingenierie des Systemes Macromoleculaires, Institute de Biologie Structurale et Microbiologie, UPR 9027, CNRS, 31 Chemin Joseph Aiguier, Marseille, 13402, France
Photosynth Res 95:269-78. 2008..LH2 antenna was seen either in large clusters or in fixed rows interspersed among ordered arrays of dimeric LH1-reaction center (RC) core complexes...
- Monitoring response to treatment in melanoma patients: potential of a serum glycomic markerSenthamil R Selvan
Cell Biology Laboratory, Hoag Cancer Center, Newport Beach, CA 92663, USA
Int J Cancer 122:1374-83. 2008..volunteers on weeks 0, 4 and 24, patients were categorized into cohorts-I (LLL, n = 16), II (HHL/HLL, n = 4), III (LLH/LHH/LHL, n = 7) and IV (HHH/HLH, n = 7)...
- Probing the effect of the binding site on the electrostatic behavior of a series of carotenoids reconstituted into the light-harvesting 1 complex from purple photosynthetic bacterium Rhodospirillum rubrum detected by stark spectroscopyKatsunori Nakagawa
Department of Life and Materials Engineering, Graduate School of Engineering, Nagoya Institute of Technology, Nagoya, Japan
J Phys Chem B 112:9467-75. 2008Reconstitutions of the LH1 complexes from the purple photosynthetic bacterium Rhodospirillum rubrum S1 were performed with a range of carotenoid molecules having different numbers of C=C conjugated double bonds...
- A connective tissue disorder caused by mutations of the lysyl hydroxylase 3 geneAntti M Salo
Department of Biochemistry, University of Oulu, PO Box 3000, FI 90014 University of Oulu, Finland
Am J Hum Genet 83:495-503. 2008b>Lysyl hydroxylase 3 (LH3, encoded by PLOD3) is a multifunctional enzyme capable of catalyzing hydroxylation of lysyl residues and O-glycosylation of hydroxylysyl residues producing either monosaccharide (Gal) or disaccharide (Glc-Gal) ..
- Collagen cross-links as a determinant of bone quality: a possible explanation for bone fragility in aging, osteoporosis, and diabetes mellitusM Saito
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Jikei University School of Medicine, 3 25 8 Nishi shinbashi, Minato ku, Tokyo 105 8461, Japan
Osteoporos Int 21:195-214. 2010..Collagen cross-links can be divided into lysyl hydroxylase and lysyloxidase-mediated enzymatic immature divalent cross-links,mature trivalent pyridinoline and pyrrole ..
- Missense mutations that cause Bruck syndrome affect enzymatic activity, folding, and oligomerization of lysyl hydroxylase 2Marjo Hyry
Oulu Center for Cell Matrix Research, Biocenter Oulu, and Department of Medical Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Oulu, FIN 90014 Oulu, Finland
J Biol Chem 284:30917-24. 2009..Three point mutations in lysyl hydroxylase (LH) 2, the enzyme responsible for the hydroxylation of collagen telopeptides, have been identified in Bruck ..
- Crystal structure of the 2-oxoglutarate- and Fe(II)-dependent lysyl hydroxylase JMJD6Monica Mantri
Department of Chemistry and Oxford Centre for Integrative Systems Biology, Chemistry Research Laboratory, University of Oxford, 12 Mansfield Road, Oxford OX1 3TA, UK
J Mol Biol 401:211-22. 2010..Together with mutational studies, the structural data suggest how JMJD6 binds its lysyl residues such that it can catalyse C-5 hydroxylation rather than Nepsilon-demethylation, as for analogous enzymes...
- Valerie Marie Weaver; Fiscal Year: 2014..The lysyl oxidase and lysyl hydroxylase family of enzymes are also expressed in the stroma where they cross-link collagen fibrils to enhance the ..
- Collagen Glycosylation, Maturation and MineralizationMitsuo Yamauchi; Fiscal Year: 2013..Most recently we have demonstrated that lysyl hydroxylase 3 functions as GGT and, possibly, glycosyltransferase 25 family member 1 (GLT25D1) as GT for bone type I ..
- SKIN REACTION TO LIGHT--NORMAL, PHOTOSENSITIVITY, CANCERMADHUKAR PATHAK; Fiscal Year: 1992..determination of Type I and III collagen, cross-links and collagen, changes in 4-OH-prolyl-4'- hydroxylase, lysyl hydroxylase, desmosine, isodesmosine, and proteoglycans and evaluation of the role of certain free radical scavengers ..
- MOLECULAR AND BIOCHEMICAL STUDY OF COLLAGEN IN PROLAPSEAnthony Visco; Fiscal Year: 2002..for the cross-linking process and the level of hydroxylation varies among tissues, Lysyl oxidase and lysyl hydroxylase are two enzymes involved in the early steps of the cross-linking process...
- COLLAGEN BIOSYNTHESIS IN HUMAN SKIN FIBROBLASTSSheldon Pinnell; Fiscal Year: 1999..mechanisms responsible for: (1) Inhibition of collagen synthesis by benzoic hydrazide; and (2) inhibition of lysyl hydroxylase expression by minoxidil...
- LUNG COLLAGEN CROSSLINKING--BIOSYNTHESIS AND MATURATIONJerold Last; Fiscal Year: 1992..collagen" from "normal collagen" in the lung; (ii) that this difference is mediated by increased activity of lysyl hydroxylase in the (pre)fibrotic lung; and (iii) that once crosslinked, "fibrotic collagen" in the lung is not subject ..
- REGULATION OF COLLAGEN MATRIX MINERALIZATIONMitsuo Yamauchi; Fiscal Year: 2007..To establish osteoblastic cell clones that synthesize low levels of lysyl hydroxylase-2 to switch the cross-linking pathway from mineralized to non-mineralized tissue phenotype, 1b...
- YUKIKAZU NA IWASA; Fiscal Year: 2014..3 GHz LTS/HTS NMR magnet (LH1.3G)...
- CHARACTERIZATION OF MEMBRANE PROTEIN BY SSNMRAnn McDermott; Fiscal Year: 2001..and side-chain chemical shifts of hydrated micro-crystalline U-13C, 15N BPTI and of the intrinsic membrane protein, LH1. Typical 13C peak linewidths are 0...
- Structural Studies of Photosynthetic Membrane ProteinsMATTHEW CRADDOCK; Fiscal Year: 2007..understanding of this efficiency is a detailed structural knowledge of the major components of the antenna system, LH1, LH2, and the Reaction Center (RC), which are all membrane proteins...
- MEMBRANE PROTEINS--STRUCTURE, DYNAMICS AND STABILITYCRAIG SCHENCK; Fiscal Year: 2002..b>LH1 protein, a 200 kD hetero-oligomeric membrane protein from photoheterotrophic eubacteria, undergoes multiple ..
- CLIENTS WHO SEEK ON-LINE DRUG TREATMENTMAMIE WONG; Fiscal Year: 2003..Without this "cultural competence," investigators may plod forth with increasingly complex studies that yield equally complex findings, with unknown generalizability to ..
- CHARACTERIZATION OF LYSYL HYDROXYLASE ISOFORMS IN SKINHeather Yeowell; Fiscal Year: 2008..The identity of the telopeptide lysyl hydroxylase therefore becomes important to establish...
- ACTIVATION OF TONGUE MUSCLES IN OBSTRUCTIVE SLEEP APNEADominique Durand; Fiscal Year: 2004..It is anticipated that the experimental delineation and validation of these methods will lead to a design of a neuroprosthetic device for the treatment of OSA. ..
- TRANSCRIPTIONAL REGULATORS OF CHONDROINDUCTION BY DBPKaren Yates; Fiscal Year: 2004..We will determine which DBP-regulated transcription factors are necessary and/or sufficient for postnatal chondrogenesis. This proposed work would have a high impact of design of strategies for repair and/or regeneration of cartilage. ..
- Analysis & Control of Non-Synaptic Epileptiform ActivityDominique Durand; Fiscal Year: 2004..The results of our studies should provide valuable insight into mechanisms underlying epileptogenesis as well as new tools for the control and suppression of epileptic seizures. ..
- WNT PROTEINS IN ADULT, AGED AND OSTEOARTHRITIC CARTILAGEKaren Yates; Fiscal Year: 2005..This work will also provide a solid foundation for future research on Wnts in cartilage biology. ..
- Collagen type II/IX/XI heteropolymer assemblyRUSSELL FERNANDES; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- COLLAGEN CROSS-LINKING IN SKELETAL AGING AND DISEASEDavid R Eyre; Fiscal Year: 2010..In parallel with basic tissue studies, collagen fragments in urine are being examined by similar methods as potential non-invasive biomarkers of a patient's bone and joint health. ..
- TWO CANDIDATE GENES LINKED TO LOW BONE DENSITYLORETTA SPOTILA; Fiscal Year: 2001..Two candidate genes located within this interval are PLOD, the gene for lysyl hydroxylase, and TNFR2, the gene for tumor necrosis factor-alpha receptor 2...