Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: lumican
Alias: LDC, SLRR2D, lumican, KSPG lumican, keratan sulfate proteoglycan lumican, lumican proteoglycan
Publications234 found, 100 shown here
- [Hyperlipidemia in patients over 60 years old]E Bruckert
Service d Endocrinologie Métabolisme, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, Lyon
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 85:79-82. 1992..with age but the physiopathological mechanism os this increase is poorly understood (reduction in the number of LDC receptors?)...
- Altered collagen fibril formation in the sclera of lumican-deficient miceBobbie A Austin
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, School of Medicine and Health Sciences University of North Dakota, Grand Forks, North Dakota 58202 9037, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 43:1695-701. 2002To better understand the role of lumican (corneal keratan sulfate proteoglycan) in the scleral extracellular matrix, collagen fibril size, shape, and organization were evaluated in the sclera of wild-type mice and in mice homozygous or ..
- Interaction of lumican with aggrecan in the aging human scleraJane R Dunlevy
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, University of North Dakota School of Medicine and Health Sciences, Grand Forks, North Dakota 58203, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 45:3849-56. 2004b>Lumican is a keratan sulfate proteoglycan originally identified in cornea, but present in a variety of connective tissues where it presumably regulates collagen fibril formation and organization...
- Cleavage of lumican by membrane-type matrix metalloproteinase-1 abrogates this proteoglycan-mediated suppression of tumor cell colony formation in soft agarYingyi Li
Department of Molecular Virology and Oncology and Center for the Development of Molecular Target Drugs, Cancer Research Institute, Kanazawa University, Kanazawa, Ishikawa, Japan
Cancer Res 64:7058-64. 2004The small leucine-rich proteoglycan lumican was identified from a human placenta cDNA library by the expression cloning method as a gene product that interacts with membrane-type matrix metalloproteinase-1 (MT1-MMP)...
- Fibromodulin and lumican bind to the same region on collagen type I fibrilsL Svensson
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, University of Lund, P O Box 94, S 220 00, Lund, Sweden
FEBS Lett 470:178-82. 2000Fibromodulin and lumican are closely related members of the extracellular matrix leucine-rich repeat glycoprotein/proteoglycan family...
- Expression and accumulation of lumican protein in uterine cervical cancer cells at the periphery of cancer nestsZenya Naito
Department of Pathology, Nippon Medical School, Tokyo 113 8602, Japan
Int J Oncol 20:943-8. 2002b>Lumican is a member of a small leucine-rich proteoglycan (SLRP) family and is reported to be overexpressed during the wound healing process of the cornea, and ischemic and reperfused heart...
- The association of single nucleotide polymorphisms in the 5'-regulatory region of the lumican gene with susceptibility to high myopia in TaiwanI Jong Wang
Department of Ophthalmology, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
Mol Vis 12:852-7. 2006To study the relationships between single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) of lumican, decorin, and DSPG3 genes and high myopia.
- Role of lumican in cancer cells and adjacent stromal tissues in human pancreatic cancerToshiyuki Ishiwata
Department of Pathology, Integrative Oncological Pathology, Nippon Medical School, Tokyo 113 8602, Japan
Oncol Rep 18:537-43. 2007b>Lumican is a member of a small leucine-rich proteoglycan family and its overexpression has been reported in carcinoid tumor, breast, colorectal, neuroendocrine cell, uterine cervical and pancreatic cancers...
- Lumican induces human corneal epithelial cell migration and integrin expression via ERK 1/2 signalingYoung Seomun
Laboratory of Ophthalmology and Visual Science, Korean Eye Tissue and Gene Bank Related to Blindness, College of Medicine, The Catholic University of Korea, 505 Banpo Dong, Seocho Ku, Seoul 137 040, Republic of Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 372:221-5. 2008b>Lumican is a major proteoglycans of the human cornea. Lumican knock-out mice have been shown to lose corneal transparency and to display delayed wound healing...
- High myopia is not associated with the SNPs in the TGIF, lumican, TGFB1, and HGF genesPanfeng Wang
State Key Laboratory of Ophthalmology, Zhongshan Ophthalmic Center, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, China
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 50:1546-51. 2009Four single-nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in the TGIF, lumican, TGFB1, and HGF genes have been declared to be associated with high myopia in Chinese living in southeast China, but none of them has been confirmed by additional studies...
- Lumican core protein inhibits melanoma cell migration via alterations of focal adhesion complexesStephane Brezillon
Laboratoire de Biochimie Médicale et Biologie Moléculaire, CNRS UMR 6237, Faculte de Medecine, Universite de Reims Champagne Ardenne, 51095 Reims Cedex, France
Cancer Lett 283:92-100. 2009b>Lumican is a small leucine-rich proteoglycan (SLRP) of the extracellular matrix (ECM) with anti-tumor activity...
- The association of haplotype at the lumican gene with high myopia susceptibility in Taiwanese patientsZoe Tzu Yi Chen
Department of Ophthalmology, Taipei City Hospital Zhongxing Branch, Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
Ophthalmology 116:1920-7. 2009To investigate the association of genetic polymorphisms in the dermatan sulfate proteoglycan 3 (DSPG3), lumican (LUM), and decorin (DCN) genes (component genes of the sclera) with high myopia susceptibility in Taiwanese people.
- The association between lumican gene polymorphisms and high myopiaH J Lin
Department of Ophthalmology, China Medical University Hospital, and School of Chinese Medicine, College of Chinese Medicine, China Medical University, Taichung, Taiwan
Eye (Lond) 24:1093-101. 2010b>Lumican (LUM) is one of the major extracellular matrix components of the sclera...
- Lumican regulates osteosarcoma cell adhesion by modulating TGFβ2 activityDragana Nikitovic
Department of Histology Embryology, Medical School, University of Crete, Heraklion, Greece
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 43:928-35. 2011..Human osteosarcoma cell lines were recently shown to express and secrete the small leucine rich proteoglycan (SLRP) lumican, with the ability to regulate the growth and motility of these cells...
- Ten SNPs of PAX6, Lumican, and MYOC genes are not associated with high myopia in Han ChineseLili Dai
Department of Ophthalmology, Second Affiliated Hospital of Harbin Medical University, Harbin, Heilongjiang, China
Ophthalmic Genet 33:171-8. 2012To investigate whether the PAX6, Lumican, and MYOC genes are related to high myopia in Han Chinese since the association between these genes and high myopia is unclear in this patient population.
- Overexpression of lumican affects the migration of human colon cancer cells through up-regulation of gelsolin and filamentous actin reorganizationAgata Radwanska
Department of Cell Pathology, Faculty of Biotechnology, University of Wroclaw, Przybyszewskiego 63 77, 51 148 Wroclaw, Poland
Exp Cell Res 318:2312-23. 2012..b>Lumican, a small extracellular matrix leucine-rich proteoglycan, has been shown to inhibit human melanoma cell migration ..
- Absence of an association between lumican promoter variants and high myopia in the Korean populationShin Hae Park
Department of Ophthalmology, College of Medicine, The Catholic University of Korea, Seoul, Korea
Ophthalmic Genet 34:43-7. 2013To determine the association of single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in the promoter region of the lumican (LUM) gene with high myopic Korean patients.
- Lumican expression, localization and antitumor activity in prostate cancerVivien J Coulson-Thomas
Departamento de Bioquimica, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP 04044 020, Brazil
Exp Cell Res 319:967-81. 2013..b>Lumican, a small leucine-rich proteoglycan (SLRP) of the extracellular matrix (ECM), regulates collagen fibrillogenesis...
- Association of Lumican gene polymorphism with high myopia: a meta-analysisYi Fan Feng
PhD MD Department of Ophthalmology Y fF, YZ, Y qC, the Affiliated Second Hospital of Wenzhou Medical College, Zhejiang, Republic of China Department of Ophthalmology Y fF, Zhongshan Hospital, Fudan University, Shanghai, Republic of China School of Medical Technology and Nursing Y lZ, Shenzhen Polytechnic College, Shenzhen, Guangdong, Republic of China and The Affiliated Eye Hospital of Wenzhou Medical College Y hH, Zhejiang, Republic of China
Optom Vis Sci 90:1321-6. 2013..studies have evaluated the association between the single-nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) (rs3759223, C→T) in Lumican gene and high myopia risk in the Chinese population. However, the results have been inconsistent...
- Association of the lumican gene functional 3'-UTR polymorphism with high myopiaHui Ju Lin
Department of Ophthalmology, China Medical University Hospital, Taichung, Taiwan, Republic of China
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 51:96-102. 2010The lumican gene (LUM) encodes a major extracellular component of the fibrous mammalian sclera. Alteration in the expression levels of extracellular matrix components may influence scleral shape, which in turn could affect visual acuity...
- Differential expression of lumican and fatty acid binding protein-1: new insights into the histologic spectrum of nonalcoholic fatty liver diseaseMichael Charlton
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Hepatology 49:1375-84. 2009..b>Lumican, a 40-kDa keratin sulfate proteoglycan that regulates collagen fibril assembly and activates transforming growth ..
- Keratocan and lumican regulate neutrophil infiltration and corneal clarity in lipopolysaccharide-induced keratitis by direct interaction with CXCL1Eric C Carlson
Department of Ophthalmology, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
J Biol Chem 282:35502-9. 2007Keratocan and lumican are keratan-sulfate proteoglycans (KSPG), which have a critical role in maintaining corneal clarity...
- Corneal opacity in lumican-null mice: defects in collagen fibril structure and packing in the posterior stromaS Chakravarti
Department of Medicine and Genetics, Case Western Reserve University and University Hospitals of Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 41:3365-73. 2000Gene targeted lumican-null mutants (lum(tm1sc)/lum(tm1sc)) have cloudy corneas with abnormally thick collagen fibrils...
- Characterization and expression of the mouse lumican geneS Ying
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio 45267, USA
J Biol Chem 272:30306-13. 1997b>Lumican is one of the major keratan sulfate proteoglycans (KSPG) in vertebrate corneas. We previously cloned the murine lumican cDNA...
- Cost-effective and rapid presumptive identification of gram-negative bacilli in routine urine, pus, and stool cultures: evaluation of the use of CHROMagar orientation medium in conjunction with simple biochemical testsK Ohkusu
Department of Clinical Laboratory, Chiba Children s Hospital, Chiba, 266 0007, Japan
J Clin Microbiol 38:4586-92. 2000..Orientation medium in conjunction with simple biochemical tests such as indole (IND), lysine decarboxylase (LDC), and ornithine decarboxylase (ODC) utilization tests with gram-negative bacilli isolated from urine samples as ..
- Role of lumican in the corneal epithelium during wound healingS Saika
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Cincinnati Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio 45267 0527, USA
J Biol Chem 275:2607-12. 2000b>Lumican regulates collagenous matrix assembly as a keratan sulfate proteoglycan in the cornea and is also present in the connective tissues of other organs and embryonic corneal stroma as a glycoprotein...
- [Laparoscopic appendectomy after the learning curve]E Rezola
Servicio de Pediatria, Hospital Donostia, Osakidetza Servicio Vasco de Salud, San Sebastian
Cir Pediatr 21:167-72. 2008..With the aim to clarify this aspects, we reviewed our experience in laparoscopic appendectomy during (LDC) and after (LAC) the "learning curve" and we compared their complications with the open appendectomies' ones.
- Influence of oestrogens on formation of reactive oxygen species in liver microsomes of differently aged male Wistar ratsA Barth
Institute of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Friedrich Schiller University Jena, Germany
Exp Toxicol Pathol 51:282-8. 1999..Obviously in vitro the antioxidative phenolic structure of the oestrogens dominates, whereas after in vivo administration the dose- and age-dependent biotransformation produces prooxidative in addition to antioxidative structures...
- Plasmodium falciparum spermidine synthase inhibition results in unique perturbation-specific effects observed on transcript, protein and metabolite levelsJohn V W Becker
CSIR Biosciences, PO Box 395, Pretoria, 0001, South Africa
BMC Genomics 11:235. 2010..falciparum spermidine synthase (PfSpdSyn) were examined on a morphological, transcriptomic, proteomic and metabolic level...
- Occurrence of agmatine pathway for putrescine synthesis in Selenomonas ruminatiumShaofu Liao
Laboratory of Applied Microbiology, Department of Microbial Biotechnology, Graduate School of Agricultural Science, Tohoku University, Aobaku, Sendai 981 8555, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 72:445-55. 2008..L-ornithine as the essential constituents of its peptidoglycan by a constitutive lysine/ornithine decarboxylase (LDC/ODC). S...
- Riboflavin synthesis genes ribE, ribB, ribH, ribA reside in the lux operon of Photobacterium leiognathiJ W Lin
Institute of Biochemistry, National Chung Hsing University, Taichung 40227, Taiwan, Republic of China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 284:587-95. 2001....
- Metal ion-catalyzed nucleic acid alkylation and fragmentationKenneth A Browne
Gen Probe Incorporated, 10210 Genetic Center Drive, San Diego, California 92121, USA
J Am Chem Soc 124:7950-62. 2002..An improvement to past techniques, termed labeling-during-cleavage (LDC), is presented in which DNA or RNA is alkylated with fluorescent tags and fragmented in the same reaction mixture...
- Interactions between carbonic anhydrase and some decarboxylating enzymes as studied by a new bioelectrochemical approachF Botre
Dipartimento di Gestione e Controllo delle Merci e del loro Impatto sull Ambiente, Universita La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
Bioelectrochem Bioenerg 48:463-7. 1999..carbonic anhydrase (CA) and the decarboxylating enzymes arginine decarboxylase (ADC), L-lysine decarboxylase (LDC), and L-ornithine decarboxylase (ODC)...
- Characteristic analysis of the luxG gene encoding the probable flavin reductase that resides in the lux operon of Photobacterium leiognathiJ W Lin
Institute of Molecular Biology, National Chung Hsing University, Taiwan, Republic of China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 246:446-52. 1998....
- Antiviral beta-L-nucleosides specific for hepatitis B virus infectionD N Standring
Novirio Pharmaceuticals, Cambridge, Mass, USA
Antivir Chem Chemother 12:119-29. 2001Three simple, related nucleosides, beta-L-2'-deoxycytidine (LdC), beta-Lthymidine (LdT), and beta-L-2'-deoxyadenosine (LdA), have been discovered to be potent, specific and selective inhibitors of the replication hepatitis B virus (HBV), ..
- Analysis of expressed sequence tags from the Huperzia serrata leaf for gene discovery in the areas of secondary metabolite biosynthesis and development regulationHongmei Luo
Institute of Medicinal Plant Development IMPLAD, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, No 151, Malianwa North Road, Haidian District, Beijing 100193, China
Physiol Plant 139:1-12. 2010..biosynthesis of alkaloids, terpenoids and flavone/flavonoids, such as cytochrome P450, lysine decarboxylase (LDC), flavanone 3-hydroxylase, squalene synthetase and 2-oxoglutarate 3-dioxygenase, were well represented by 34 unique ..
- A serologic study of California serogroup bunyaviruses in Sri LankaC K Arunagiri
Department of Microbiology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka
Am J Trop Med Hyg 45:377-82. 1991..These viruses were active in both the wet and dry zones of the country, and infected humans as well as a range of domestic livestock...
- Cardiovascular protective role of a low-dose antihypertensive combination in obese Zucker ratsJorge E Toblli
Laboratory of Experimental Medicine, Hospital Aleman, CONICET, Av Pueyrredon 1640, Buenos Aires 1118, Argentina
J Hypertens 21:611-20. 2003..The aim of the present study was to determine possible beneficial effects of the low-dose combination (LDC) of an angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitor, perindopril (PER), and the diuretic indapamide (IND), ..
- Continuous low-dose oral chemotherapy for adjuvant therapy of splenic hemangiosarcoma in dogsSusan Lana
Animal Cancer Center, Department of Clinical Sciences, Colorado State University, Ft Collins, 80523, USA
J Vet Intern Med 21:764-9. 2007..Continuous oral administration of low-dose chemotherapy (LDC) has been suggested as an alternative to conventional chemotherapy protocols...
- Treatment of convulsive status epilepticus in infants and young children in JapanK Sugai
Department of Child Neurology, National Center Hospital for Mental, Nervous and Muscular Disorders, National Center of Neurology and Psychiatry, Tokyo, Japan
Acta Neurol Scand 115:62-70. 2007..Recently, midazolam and lidocaine (LDC) have been widely used, although neither of these drugs have official approval for the management of CSE...
- Natural cyclodextrins as efficient boosters of the chemiluminescence of luminol and isoluminol: exploration of potential applicationsRaquel Maeztu
Departamento de Quimica y Edafologia, Universidad de Navarra, 31080 Pamplona, Navarra, Spain
J Phys Chem B 114:2798-806. 2010..The topology of the complex deduced via ROESY experiments confirms a shallow inclusion of the double-charged intermediate by the primary rim of the CD, which accounts for the low stability of the complexes...
- Gastrointestinal effects of low-digestible carbohydratesHollie A Grabitske
Department of Food Science and Nutrition, University of Minnesota, 1334 Eckles Avenue, St Paul, MN 55108, USA
Crit Rev Food Sci Nutr 49:327-60. 2009..Current recommendations for fiber intake do not consider total LDC consumption nor recommend an upper limit for LDC intake based on potential gastrointestinal effects...
- Peripheral blood dendritic cells in persons with AIDS and AIDS related complex: loss of high intensity class II antigen expression and functionL J Eales
Department of Immunology, St Mary s Hospital Medical School, London, UK
Clin Exp Immunol 71:423-7. 1988..heterosexuals and patients with persistent generalized lymphadenopathy (PGL) and AIDS, cells of low density (LDC) with dendritic morphology. These cells are known to be potent APC...
- CadC is the preferential target of a convergent evolution driving enteroinvasive Escherichia coli toward a lysine decarboxylase-defective phenotypeMariassunta Casalino
Dipartimento di Biologia, Universita Roma Tre, 00146 Rome, Italy
Infect Immun 71:5472-9. 2003..All EIEC strains share with Shigella the inability to synthesize lysine decarboxylase (the LDC phenotype)...
- Nausea and vomiting after outpatient ACL reconstruction with regional anesthesia: are lumbar plexus blocks a risk factor?Brian A Williams
Same Day Surgical Services, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA 15203, USA
J Clin Anesth 16:276-81. 2004....
- Differential cerebral cortex transcriptomes of baboon neonates consuming moderate and high docosahexaenoic acid formulasKumar S D Kothapalli
Division of Nutritional Sciences, Cornell University, Savage Hall, Ithaca, New York, United States of America
PLoS ONE 2:e370. 2007..There are no investigations in primates of the biological consequences of dietary DHA at levels above those present in formulas but within normal breastmilk levels...
- In vitro detection and quantification of enamel and root caries using infrared photothermal radiometry and modulated luminescenceRaymond J Jeon
University of Toronto, Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering, Center for Advanced Diffusion Wave Technologies, 5 King s College Road, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5S 3G8
J Biomed Opt 13:034025. 2008....
- Colour adaptation modifies the long-wave versus middle-wave cone weights and temporal phases in human luminance (but not red-green) mechanismC F Stromeyer
Division of Applied Sciences, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
J Physiol 499:227-54. 1997..The spectrally opponent surround appears sluggish, with a long delay (approximately 20 ms) relative to the centre...
- Herpesvirus entry mediator, a member of the tumor necrosis factor receptor (TNFR) family, interacts with members of the TNFR-associated factor family and activates the transcription factors NF-kappaB and AP-1S A Marsters
Department of Molecular Oncology, Genentech, Inc, South San Francisco, California 94080 4918, USA
J Biol Chem 272:14029-32. 1997..These results suggest that HVEM is linked via TRAFs to signal transduction pathways that activate the immune response...
- Interactions of photoperiod, testosterone, and naloxone on GnRH and LH pulse parameters in the male sheepG L Jackson
Department of Veterinary Biosciences, University of Illinois, Urbana 61802, USA
Domest Anim Endocrinol 18:97-110. 2000..was determined in four groups of orchidectomized sheep: long day (LD) photoperiod treated with T, LD without T (LDC), short day photoperiod (SD) with T, SDC (n = 5-7/group)...
- Disruption of clock gene expression alters responses of the aryl hydrocarbon receptor signaling pathway in the mouse mammary glandXiaoyu Qu
Department of Biology and Center for Research on Biological Clocks, College Station, Texas, USA
Mol Pharmacol 72:1349-58. 2007..However, TCDD-mediated Cyp1A1 induction in the mammary glands of Per1(ldc) and Per1(ldc)/Per2(ldc) mice was significantly (17.9- and 5.9-fold) greater than that in wild-type (WT) animals...
- The anti-allodynic effects of amitriptyline, gabapentin, and lidocaine in a rat model of neuropathic painS Abdi
Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care, The Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston 02114, USA
Anesth Analg 87:1360-6. 1998..the acute effects of the commonly used adjuvant drugs amitriptyline (AMI), gabapentin (GBP), and lidocaine (LDC) on neuropathic pain behaviors in animal models...
- Pathoadaptive mutations that enhance virulence: genetic organization of the cadA regions of Shigella sppW A Day
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, F Edward Hebert School of Medicine, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, Bethesda, Maryland 20814 4799, USA
Infect Immun 69:7471-80. 2001..A demonstrated pathoadaptive mutation is the loss of lysine decarboxylase (LDC) expression in Shigella species that have evolved from LDC-expressing Escherichia coli...
- Energy value of a low-digestible carbohydrate, NUTRIOSE FB, and its impact on magnesium, calcium and zinc apparent absorption and retention in healthy young menM Vermorel
Energy and Lipid Metabolism Research Unit, INRA, Theix, 63122 Saint Genes Champanelle, France
Eur J Nutr 43:344-52. 2004..However, low digestible carbohydrates (LDC) have many beneficial effects, especially on energy intake, digestive physiology, and mineral absorption.
- Preferential location of lidocaine and etidocaine in lecithin bilayers as determined by EPR, fluorescence and 2H NMREneida de Paula
Departamento de Bioquimica, Instituto de Biologia Universidade Estadual de Campinas, SP, Brazil
Biophys Chem 132:47-54. 2008We have examined the effect of the uncharged species of lidocaine (LDC) and etidocaine (EDC) on the acyl chain moiety of egg phosphatidylcholine liposomes...
- The effects of urea-treated potato pulp (PP) ensiled with beet pulp or wheat bran pellets to reduce moisture of PP and flake density of corn grain supplemented with the PP silage on digestibility and ruminal fermentation in beef steersMasahito Sugimoto
Hokkaido Animal Research Center, Shintoku, Hokkaido, Japan
Anim Sci J 81:316-24. 2010..treatments consisted of supplements formulated to contain either high-density corn (HDC) or low-density corn (LDC). BP steers consumed more (BP vs WB, P = 0...
- Long-term outcomes of lumbar fusion among workers' compensation subjects: a historical cohort studyTrang H Nguyen
Division of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Department of Environmental Health, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Milford, OH, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 36:320-31. 2011..Historical cohort study...
- Wolfram syndrome: structural and functional analyses of mutant and wild-type wolframin, the WFS1 gene productSabine Hofmann
Institut fur Diabetesforschung, Akademisches Lehrkrankenhaus Muenchen Schwabing, Koelner Platz 1, 80804 Muenchen, Germany
Hum Mol Genet 12:2003-12. 2003..Thus, the Wolfram syndrome in patients investigated here is caused by reduced protein dosage rather than dysfunction of the mutant wolframin...
- Lipid-drug conjugate nanoparticles of the hydrophilic drug diminazene-cytotoxicity testing and mouse serum adsorptionCarsten Olbrich
Department of Pharmaceutics, The Free University of Berlin, Kelchstr 31, D 12169 Berlin, Germany
J Control Release 96:425-35. 2004..drug diminazene diaceturate to the brain of infected mice, the drug was formulated as lipid-drug conjugate (LDC) nanoparticles (NP) by combination with stearic- (SA) and oleic acid (OA)...
- Gene expression profiles following exposure to a developmental neurotoxicant, Aroclor 1254: pathway analysis for possible mode(s) of actionJoyce E Royland
Cellular and Molecular Toxicology Branch, Neurotoxicology Division, NHEERL, ORD, U S Environmental Protection Agency, Research Triangle Park, NC, USA
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 231:179-96. 2008..The genomic data suggests that PCB-induced neurotoxic effects were due to disruption of normal ontogenetic pattern of nervous system growth and development by altering intracellular signaling pathways but not by endocrine disruption...
- Molecular cloning and characterization of Izumo1 gene from sheep and cashmere goat reveal alternative splicingWan Jin Xing
The Key Laboratory of Mammalian Reproduction Biology and Technology of Ministry of Education, College of Life Science, Inner Mongolia University, Hohhot 010021, People s Republic of China
Mol Biol Rep 38:1995-2006. 2011..of Izumo1 protein sequences among 15 mammalian species displayed several highly conserved regions, including LDC and YRC motifs with cysteine residues for potential disulfide bridge formation, CPNKCG motif upstream of the Ig-..
- Differential pricing for pharmaceuticals: reconciling access, R&D and patentsPatricia M Danzon
Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, USA
Int J Health Care Finance Econ 3:183-205. 2003..Differential pricing could go a long way to improve LDC access to drugs that have a high income market...
- Hydroxyl radical generation: the effect of bicarbonate, dioxygen and buffer concentration on pH-dependent chemiluminescenceM M Oosthuizen
Department of Surgery, University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa
Redox Rep 6:105-16. 2001..Due to spontaneous dismutation to H2O2, only 22% of the O2*- produced by HX/XO could be detected by enhanced CL...
- Lysine decarboxylase-negative Salmonella enterica serovar enteritidis: antibiotic susceptibility, phage and PFGE typingShogo Yamasaki
Nagasaki Prefectural Institute for Environmental Research and Public Health, Ikeda, Omura, Nagasaki, Japan
J Vet Med Sci 69:813-8. 2007..Out of them, 18 were identified as lysine decarboxylase (LDC)-negative isolates, and 15 showed resistance toward streptomycin...
- Extracellular matrix lumican deposited on the surface of neutrophils promotes migration by binding to beta2 integrinSeakwoo Lee
Department of Medicine, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
J Biol Chem 284:23662-9. 2009..Here we show that the ECM protein lumican regulates PMN migration through interactions with specific integrin receptors...
- Combined Bayesian statistics and load duration curve method for bacteria nonpoint source loading estimationJian Shen
Virginia Institute of Marine Science, College of William and Mary, 1208 Greate Road, P O Box 1346, Gloucester Point, VA 23062, USA
Water Res 44:77-84. 2010..The load duration curve (LDC) method recommended by the EPA provides a simpler way to estimate bacteria loading...
- Probing the combined effect of flunitrazepam and lidocaine on the stability and organization of bilayer lipid membranes. A differential scanning calorimetry and dynamic light scattering studyBenjamín Caruso
Departamento de Quimica, FCEFYN, Instituto de Investigaciones Biológicas y Tecnológicas IIByT, CONICET Universidad Nacional de Córdoba, Cordoba, Argentina
Cell Biochem Biophys 66:461-75. 2013Combined effects of flunitrazepam (FNZ) and lidocaine (LDC) were studied on the thermotropic equilibrium of dipalmitoyl phosphatidylcholine (dpPC) bilayers...
- Clinical and economic outcomes associated with amlodipine/renin-angiotensin system blocker combinationsCarlos M Ferrario
Department of Surgery, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, NC, USA
Ther Adv Cardiovasc Dis 7:27-39. 2013..economic outcomes in patients with hypertension treated with fixed-dose combination (FDC) amlodipine/olmesartan (AML/OM), FDC AML/benazepril (AML/BEN), and loose-dose combination AML plus angiotensin II receptor blockers (LDC AML/ARBs).
- A homogeneous hemin/G-quadruplex DNAzyme based turn-on chemiluminescence aptasensor for interferon-gamma detection via in-situ assembly of luminol functionalized gold nanoparticles, deoxyribonucleic acid, interferon-gamma and heminJie Jiang
CAS Key Laboratory of Soft Matter Chemistry, Department of Chemistry, University of Science and Technology of China, Hefei, Anhui 230026, PR China
Anal Chim Acta 791:60-4. 2013..5-100 nM. Moreover, the aptasensor showed high sensitivity (0.4 nM) and satisfactory specificity, pointing to great potential applications in clinical analysis...
- Partial characterization of a lysU mutant of Escherichia coli K-12M Hassani
Department of Biological Sciences, St John s University, Jamaica, New York 11439
J Bacteriol 173:1965-70. 1991..In addition, lysU transductants were found to be defective for inducible lysine decarboxylase, (LDC), inducible arginine decarboxylase (ADI), and melibiose utilization (Mel), which are all missing in GNB10181...
- Colour adaptation modifies the temporal properties of the long- and middle-wave cone signals in the human luminance mechanismC F Stromeyer
Division of Engineering and Applied Sciences, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
J Physiol 526:177-94. 2000..The impulse responses predicted the motion seen with gratings pulsed in spatial quadrature...
- Eating oneself and uninvited guests: autophagy-related pathways in cellular defenseBeth Levine
Department of Medicine, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75330, USA
Cell 120:159-62. 2005..2005). Other recent studies indicate that the autophagy machinery is also used to degrade foreign microbial invaders (xenophagy)...
- The implementation of managed care for diabetes using medical informatics in a large Preferred Provider OrganizationAnthony D Heymann
Maccabi Health Services, 27 HaMered St, Tel Aviv, Israel Tel Aviv University, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv, Israel
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 71:290-8. 2006....
- Functional modification of CD11c+ liver dendritic cells during liver regeneration after partial hepatectomy in miceAntonino Castellaneta
Department of Emergency and Organ Transplantation, Section of Gastroenterology and Endoscopy, University of Bari, Italy
Hepatology 43:807-16. 2006..Numbers returned to pre-hepatectomy levels by 24 hours. The expanded LDC population showed increased IL-10 and reduced IFN-gamma gene transcription...
- Sesquiterpene lactones from Lychnophora pohlii: neutrophil chemiluminescence inhibition and free radical scavenger activityAlexandre Kanashiro
Departamento de Fisica e Quimica, Faculdade de Ciências Farmacêuticas de Ribeirão Preto da Universidade de São Paulo, Av do Cafe S N, 14040 903, Ribeirao Preto SP, Brasil
J Pharm Pharmacol 58:853-8. 2006..This effect was not mediated by free radical scavenger or cytotoxic effects, but probably by inhibition of enzymes involved in the signal transduction pathways of the ROS generation process...
- Antioxidant activity and cytotoxicity as mediators of the neutrophil chemiluminescence inhibition by butylated hydroxytolueneL M Kabeya
Departamento de Fisica e Quimica, Faculdade de Ciências Farmacêuticas de Ribeirão Preto da Universidade de São Paulo, Ribeirao Preto, SP, Brazil
Pharmazie 63:67-70. 2008....
- Automated blood cell counts: state of the artMauro Buttarello
Department of Laboratory Medicine, University Hospital of Padova, Padova, Italy
Am J Clin Pathol 130:104-16. 2008The CBC count and leukocyte differential count (LDC) are among the most frequently requested clinical laboratory tests...
- Lung clearance index in the assessment of airways diseaseAlex Horsley
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Edinburgh Royal Infirmary, 51 Little France Crescent, Edinburgh EH4 2XU, United Kingdom
Respir Med 103:793-9. 2009..Thorax, 2008;63(2):96-7]. This review will consider how LCI is derived, how it differs from conventional lung function testing, and its applications and limitations...
- Circularly polarized luminescence in enantiopure europium and terbium complexes with modular, all-oxygen donor ligandsMichael Seitz
Department of Chemistry, University of California, Berkeley, California 94720 1460, USA
Inorg Chem 48:8469-79. 2009....
- Enhanced expression of lumican inhibited the attachment and growth of human embryonic kidney 293 cellsToshiyuki Ishiwata
Department of Pathology, Integrative Oncological Pathology, Nippon Medical School, Tokyo, Japan
Exp Mol Pathol 88:363-70. 2010b>Lumican is a member of a small leucine-rich proteoglycan (SLRP) family and it regulates the assembly and diameter of collagen fibers in the extracellular matrix of various tissues...
- Lumican is required for neutrophil extravasation following corneal injury and wound healingYasuhito Hayashi
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH 45267 0838, USA
J Cell Sci 123:2987-95. 2010An important aspect of wound healing is the recruitment of neutrophils to the site of infection or tissue injury. Lumican, an extracellular matrix component belonging to the small leucine rich proteoglycan (SLRP) family, is one of the ..
- Towards high accuracy classification of MER signals for target localization in Parkinson's diseaseRuben Dario Pinzon-Morales
Tecnological University of Pereira, Colombia
Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 2010:4040-3. 2010..Then a basic Bayesian classifier (LDC) is used to identify STN and other types of basal ganglia nuclei...
- Facing economic realities at the General Dental CouncilA Lockyer
General Dental Council, 37 Wimpole Street, London W1G 8DQ
Br Dent J 209:551-2. 2010..Richard Emms as chair of this year's LDC conference put it very movingly: 'It's a great privilege to metaphorically take a patient by the hand (CRB and ISA ..
- Expression of lumican and fibromodulin following interleukin-1 beta stimulation of disc cells of the human temporomandibular jointN Kiga
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Wakayama Medical University, Japan
Eur J Histochem 55:e11. 2011..b>Lumican and fibromodulin, classified as class 2 SLRPs, play important roles in TMJ assembly, proliferation and ..
- Role of dense shelf water cascading in the transfer of organochlorine compounds to open marine watersJoan A Salvadó
Department of Environmental Chemistry, Institute of Environmental Assessment and Water Research, IDÆA CSIC, 08034 Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
Environ Sci Technol 46:2624-32. 2012..were collected by an array of sediment trap moorings deployed along the Cap de Creus (CCC) and Lacaze-Duthiers (LDC) submarine canyons and on the adjacent southern open slope (SOS) between October 2005 and October 2006...
- Biallelic knockout of the α-1,3 galactosyltransferase gene in porcine liver-derived cells using zinc finger nucleasesPing Li
Department of Surgery, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
J Surg Res 181:e39-45. 2013..study, we used a ZFN pair to disrupt porcine α-1,3, galactosyltransferase (GGTA1) gene in liver-derived cells (LDC). ZFN-treated LDC were used as nuclear donors to produce fetuses and piglets via SCNT...
- Effects of immunization with natural and recombinant lysine decarboxylase on canine gingivitis developmentJennifer L Peters
Department of Small Animal Medicine, Veterinary Teaching Hospital, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK, USA
Vaccine 30:6706-12. 2012..Eikenella corrodens is common in canine oral cavities where it is a source of lysine decarboxylase (LDC)...
- 3-Phenylcoumarin derivatives selectively modulate different steps of reactive oxygen species production by immune complex-stimulated human neutrophilsMicássio F Andrade
Departamento de Bioquimica e Imunologia, Faculdade de Medicina de Ribeirão Preto da Universidade de São Paulo, Avenida Bandeirantes n 3900, CEP 14049 900, Ribeirao Preto, SP, Brazil
Int Immunopharmacol 15:387-94. 2013..Compounds 5 and 19 are promising prototypes of therapeutic molecules to modulate ROS production by neutrophils in IC-mediated inflammatory diseases...
- 2D-DIGE to identify proteins associated with gestational diabetes in omental adipose tissueKaren Oliva
Mercy Perinatal Research Centre, Mercy Hospital for Women, Heidelberg, Victoria, Australia
J Endocrinol 218:165-78. 2013..up-regulation of four proteins: collagen alpha-2(VI) chain (CO6A2 (COL6A2)), fibrinogen beta chain (FIBB (FGB)), lumican (LUM) and S100A9...
- Overexpression of periostin and lumican in esophageal squamous cell carcinomaManoj Kumar Kashyap
Institute of Bioinformatics, International Technology Park, Bangalore 560066, India
Cancers (Basel) 2:133-42. 2010..of protein products for two candidates genes identified from the DNA microarray analysis, periostin (POSTN) and lumican (LUM), using tissue microarrays...
- VO₂/Si-Al gel nanocomposite thermochromic smart foils: largely enhanced luminous transmittance and solar modulationC Liu
School of Materials Science and Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, 50 Nanyang Avenue, Singapore 639798, Singapore
J Colloid Interface Sci 427:49-53. 2014..3%, T(lum(90°C))=39.9% and ΔTsol=14.1%). This current approach provided a simple and scalable preparation method with the best combined thermochromic performance...
- A divide-conquer-recombine algorithmic paradigm for large spatiotemporal quantum molecular dynamics simulationsFuyuki Shimojo
Collaboratory for Advanced Computing and Simulations, Department of Physics and Astronomy, Department of Computer Science, and Department of Chemical Engineering and Materials Science, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California 90089 0242, USA
J Chem Phys 140:18A529. 2014..For the DC phase, we design a lean divide-and-conquer (LDC) DFT algorithm, which significantly reduces the prefactor of the O(N) computational cost for N electrons by ..
- Meta-analysis of the association between lumican gene polymorphisms and susceptibility to high MyopiaMiao He
Zhongshan Ophthalmic Center, State Key Laboratory of Ophthalmology, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, People s Republic of China
PLoS ONE 9:e98748. 2014Many studies have evaluated the association between lumican (LUM) gene polymorphisms and high myopia. However, the results remain controversial...
- Gene expression profiling of giant cell tumor of bone reveals downregulation of extracellular matrix components decorin and lumican associated with lung metastasisM Lieveld
N Goormaghtigh Institute of Pathology, Ghent, Belgium
Virchows Arch 465:703-13. 2014..Balanced score testing indicates that lumican (LUM) and decorin (DCN) are the most promising biomarkers as they have lower level of expression in the ..
- Serotonin and colonic motilityD M Kendig
Virginia Commonwealth University Program in Enteric Neuromuscular Sciences, Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA, USA
Neurogastroenterol Motil 27:899-905. 2015..and 5-HT4 receptors are differentially involved in two different types of rat CMMCs: the long distance contraction (LDC) and the rhythmic propulsive motor complex (RPMC)...
- Biofilm Lysine Decarboxylase, a New Therapeutic Target for Periodontal InflammationZsolt Lohinai
Department of Conservative Dentistry, Semmelweis University, Budapest, Hungary
J Periodontol 86:1176-84. 2015..During oral hygiene restriction (OHR), lysine decarboxylase (LDC) in dento-gingival biofilms converts lysine to cadaverine...
- Quantifying the formation of chiral luminescent lanthanide assemblies in an aqueous medium through chiroptical spectroscopy and generation of luminescent hydrogelsSamuel J Bradberry
School of Chemistry and Trinity Biomedical Sciences Institute TBSI, Trinity College Dublin, University of Dublin, Dublin 2, Ireland
Faraday Discuss 185:413-31. 2015..Both the ligands and the Eu(III) complexes were then used in the formation of hydrogels; the Eu(III)-metallogels were luminescent to the naked-eye...
- Automated Detection of P. falciparum Using Machine Learning Algorithms with Quantitative Phase Images of Unstained CellsHan Sang Park
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Duke University, Durham, North Carolina, United States of America
PLoS ONE 11:e0163045. 2016..diagnostic capacity, we applied various machine learning techniques, including linear discriminant classification (LDC), logistic regression (LR), and k-nearest neighbor classification (NNC), to formulate algorithms that combine all ..
- Lumican-null mice are susceptible to aging and isoproterenol-induced myocardial fibrosisShao Wei Chen
Divisiont of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Chang Gung University College of Medicine, Taipei, Taiwan Graduate Institute of Clinical Medical Sciences, College of Medicine, Chang Gung University Taiwan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 482:1304-1311. 2017..The purpose of this study is to examine whether lumican, one of the class II small leucine-rich proteoglycans, has a protective role in cardiac remodeling and fibrosis...
- Cell and luminal activities of chloride, potassium, sodium and protons in the late distal tubule of Necturus kidneyT Anagnostopoulos
INSERM U 192 Renal Physiology Laboratory, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, Paris, France
J Physiol 393:73-89. 1987..6. The e.p.d. of each ion across the epithelium opposes, by its orientation, the established direction of net transepithelial ion transport, suggesting that the shunt pathway may serve only for back-diffusion...
- Dendritic cells in the induction of protective and nonprotective anticryptococcal cell-mediated immune responsesS K Bauman
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City 73190, USA
J Immunol 165:158-67. 2000Dendritic cells (DC) can be divided into three subsets, Langerhans cells, myeloid DC (MDC), and lymphoid DC (LDC), based upon phenotypic and functional differences...
- Winston W Kao; Fiscal Year: 2016..Corneal keratan sulfate proteoglycans, i.e., lumican (Lum), keratocan (Kera) and mimecan (Mime), belong to small leucine-rich repeat proteoglycans (SLRP) family...
- ROLE OF MUC1 IN THE GENESIS OF ALLERGIC ASTHMAKwang Chul Kim; Fiscal Year: 2010..Together with airway epithelial cells and macrophages, lung dendritic cells (LDC) are also key regulators of pulmonary inflammation in response to both inhaled pathogens and allergens...
- Shukti Chakravarti; Fiscal Year: 2016..We found lumican, an abundant extracellular matrix (ECM) stromal proteoglycan, to regulate corneal immune functions...
- Joseph El Youssef; Fiscal Year: 2015....
- Winston W Kao; Fiscal Year: 2014..that corneal UMSC (umbilical mesenchymal stem cells) transplantation rescues the cloudy, thin cornea stroma of lumican knockout (Lum-/-) mice...
- JENNIFER ELIN HETTEMA; Fiscal Year: 2015..The proposed research, along with my training plan, will contribute to my training goals of gaining mixed-methods Stage I research skills and experience in medical culture and research. ..
- Synthesis and Study of Minimal Protein Folding Models: Molecular Torsion BalanceCraig S Wilcox; Fiscal Year: 2010..Knowledge gained in these experimental studies will be available for testing current computational methods and theories of biological recognition and in identifying guiding principles for design of biologically active agents. ..
- Towards Understanding the Morbidity of HEV InfectionMohamed Tarek Shata; Fiscal Year: 2007..is enterically transmitted RNA virus that causes acute viral hepatitis (AVH) in many lesser developed countries (LDC), with frequent reports of fulminant hepatitis in pregnant women...
- Home-Based Automated Therapy of Arm Function After Stroke Via Tele-RehabilitationGitendra Uswatte; Fiscal Year: 2012..Reducing the cost of and increasing access to efficacious upper-extremity rehabilitation has the potential to significantly reduce the burden of stroke on patients, their families and the healthcare system. ..
- Jeanette E Eckel Passow; Fiscal Year: 2014....
- Lysine decarboxylase in periodontitis patientsMartin Levine; Fiscal Year: 2004..We posit that lysine decarboxylase (LDC), a bacterial enzyme in the sulcus, depletes the transudate of lysine, starving the DAT cells...
- Interdisciplinary Framework in Global Health at Brown UniversitySusan Cu Uvin; Fiscal Year: 2010..work;3)To establish structured, mentored, global health internships for students and clinical trainees in LDC;4)To coordinate activities across Brown University and affiliated hospitals regarding educational opportunities in ..
- Coping With Discrimination: Alcohol Use in Filipino/a American Young AdultsAndrew P Paves; Fiscal Year: 2013..The research will address important knowledge gaps regarding the variability in alcohol use across specific API groups, and seeks to inform culturally-appropriate interventions for this population. ..
- Molecular determinants of P. falciparum resistance to ACTs in Nigeria.Christian T Happi; Fiscal Year: 2010..Data obtained and tools developed by this project will be made available to the Nigerian National Malaria Control Program in order to promote evidence-based antimalarial drugs policy. ..
- Alex Bui; Fiscal Year: 2016..Many of the faculty is nationally recognized leaders in their disciplines;collectively, these individuals provide a comprehensive and complementary set of (funded) research areas and skills that enrich the training experience. ..
- The Role of Lumican in the corneaShukti Chakravarti; Fiscal Year: 2007..We found lumican, an abundant extracellular matrixJECM) stromal proteoglycan, to regulate corneal immune functions...
- Role of Host Dendritic Cells in Heart Transplant VasculopathyZhiliang Wang; Fiscal Year: 2007..In mice, three major DC subsets have been characterized: Myeloid (MDC), Lymphoid-related (LDC) and Plasmacytoid (PDC)...
- GENE ENGINEERING OF DENDRITIC CELLS AND TRANSPLANTATIONAngus Thomson; Fiscal Year: 2006..We will test whether gene-engineered myeloid DC (MDC) and "lymphoid-related" DC (LDC), which differ in their interactions with T cells, have equal potential to mediate apoptosis of alloactivated T ..
- SEARCH FOR ULTRA FAST, HEAVY ATOM SCINTILLATORSSTEPHEN DERENZO; Fiscal Year: 2001..Candidate materials will be synthesized as powders and tested using our pulsed x-ray system. ..
- Novel BiSpecific AntibodiesJAMES LARRICK; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] After successful creation of genetically engineered Her2Bi, in Phase II we plan to use JLINK to construct several sets of proprietary BiAbs with clinical potential. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ERYTHROCYTE METABOLISM IN MUSCULAR DISEASEAkira Omachi; Fiscal Year: 1980..b>LDC concentrations that cause lysis in MMD, DMD, and control erythrocytes will also be determined...
- DEVELOPMENT OF GENE THERAPY FOR LENTIVIRAL ENCEPHALITISShilpa Buch; Fiscal Year: 2002..6P and SHIVKU-2 in the presence of IL-4 and antisense IL-4 oligodeoxynucleotide. 2) Optimize liposome: DNS complex (LDC) containing antisense IL-4 DNA to macaque MP cultures infected with SHIV89.6P...
- DEMOGRAPHIC DYNAMICS OF CHILDHOOD DISEASE AND MORTALITYShripad Tuljapurkar; Fiscal Year: 1993..These objectives will be supported by concurrent but separate work on the development of data-analytic criteria and methodology for the analysis of MDC and LDC data sets.
- DEMOGRAPHIC DYNAMICS OF CHILDHOOD DISEASES AND MORTALITYA John; Fiscal Year: 1993..These objectives will be supported by concurrent but separate work on the development of data-analytic criteria and methodology for the analysis of MDC and LDC data sets.
- K12 Expression: Cornea-Type Epithelial DifferentiationWINSTON KAO; Fiscal Year: 2008..Aim 3 is to examine roles of Fos on corneal-type epithelium differentiation and corneal wound healing as described in Aim 2. ..
- Zeiss LSM 510 Laser Scanning MicroscopeMercedes Gonzalez Juarrero; Fiscal Year: 2007..The initial service contracts will derive from the guarantee of the machine and thereafter, users' feel will be responsible for the cost of the facility. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Autophagy: A Novel Antiviral Host Defense PathwayBeth Levine; Fiscal Year: 2007..Together, these studies will provide novel insights about the role of autophagy in antiviral host defense and the role of viral evasion of autophagy in neurovirulence. ..
- Characterization of the Chromosome 17q23 AmpliconFergus Couch; Fiscal Year: 2006..Thus, the project may involve a complete transition from benchtop to bedside. Finally, the amplified and overexpressed genes may prove useful as important targets of gene, pharmacological, and immunological therapy in the future. ..
- Genetic Loci Associated with L:M Cone Ratio VariationKaren Gunther; Fiscal Year: 2005..Sequence differences will be analyzed for correlation with cone ratio. Understanding how the retina is formed not only clarifies color vision, but also advances our understanding of retinal malformations and degeneration. ..
- ANALYSIS OF BECLIN 1 IN AUTOPHAGY AND TUMOR SUPPRESSIONBeth Levine; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Studies of cochlear mechanics: otoacoustic emissionsTianying Ren; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Outcomes After ACL Reconstruction: Femoral Nerve BlockBrian Williams; Fiscal Year: 2005..The methods learned and the model developed herein will be the basis of future studies funded through the R01 mechanism. ..
- Mice Overexpressing rtTA and Cre in Corneal EpitheliumWINSTON KAO; Fiscal Year: 2004..These mouse lines will be useful in preparing mouse lines for studies of altered genetic functions from the corneal epithelium-specific gene ablation and overexpression of reporter genes. ..
- BCL2 AND BECLIN AND ALPHAVIRUS PATHOGENESISBeth Levine; Fiscal Year: 2003..The proposed studies will provide novel insights into host cellular mechanisms that regulate whether neurons live or die in responses to viral infection. ..
- P21 INDUCTION BY BRCA2Fergus Couch; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- DESIGN AND SYNTHESIS OF PEPTIDE MIMICSPaul Bartlett; Fiscal Year: 2001..The results from these studies will afford molecules with novel activity whose behavior will provide insight into biological structure and function. ..
- MECHANISM OF INDUCTION OF MALIGNANT GLIOMASDemetrius Kokkinakis; Fiscal Year: 2002..Genetic differences between tumor cells and those capable of infiltrating the normal parenchyma will also be identified and compared to those of initiated multipotent progenitor cells in order to understand their lineage. ..