Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: LSP1
Description: lymphocyte-specific protein 1
Alias: WP34, pp52, lymphocyte-specific protein 1, 47 kDa actin binding protein, 52 kDa phosphoprotein, F-actin binding and cytoskeleton associated protein, leufactin (leukocyte F-actin binding protein), leukocyte-specific protein 1, lymphocyte-specific antigen WP34
Publications149 found, 100 shown here
- The actin-binding protein, lymphocyte-specific protein 1, is expressed in human leukocytes and human myeloid and lymphoid cell linesY Li
Department of Pediatrics, University of Alabama School of Medicine, Birmingham 35233, USA
J Immunol 155:3563-9. 1995Lymphocyte-specific protein 1 (LSP1) was originally reported as a lymphocyte-specific actin-binding protein using murine LSP1 probes...
- Lymphocyte-specific protein 1: a specific marker of human leucocytesK Pulford
Leukaemia Research Fund Immunodiagnostics Unit, Nuffield Department of Clinical Biochemistry and Cellular Science, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford, UK
Immunology 96:262-71. 1999While both murine and human homologues of the LSP1 gene (lymphocyte-specific gene 1) and its protein products have been identified, studies on human LSP1 have been limited...
- Genome-wide association study identifies novel breast cancer susceptibility lociDouglas F Easton
CR UK Genetic Epidemiology Unit, Department of Public Health and Primary Care, University of Cambridge, Cambridge CB1 8RN, UK
Nature 447:1087-93. 2007..Four of these contain plausible causative genes (FGFR2, TNRC9, MAP3K1 and LSP1). At the second stage, 1,792 SNPs were significant at the P < 0...
- Clinical correlates of low-risk variants in FGFR2, TNRC9, MAP3K1, LSP1 and 8q24 in a Dutch cohort of incident breast cancer casesPetra E A Huijts
Department of Clinical Genetics, K5 R, Leiden University Medical Center, PO Box 9600, 2300 RC Leiden, The Netherlands
Breast Cancer Res 9:R78. 2007..Seven SNPs in five genomic loci were recently found to confer a mildly increased risk of breast cancer...
- Heterogeneity of breast cancer associations with five susceptibility loci by clinical and pathological characteristicsMontserrat Garcia-Closas
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, Rockville, Marylan, United States of America
PLoS Genet 4:e1000054. 2008..containing 9 (TNRC9), mitogen-activated protein kinase 3 K1 (MAP3K1), 8q24, and lymphocyte-specific protein 1 (LSP1)) associated with breast cancer risk...
- HIV-1 gp120-induced migration of dendritic cells is regulated by a novel kinase cascade involving Pyk2, p38 MAP kinase, and LSP1Appakkudal R Anand
Department of Pathology, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Blood 114:3588-600. 2009..Taken together, our studies provide an insight into a novel gp120-mediated pathway that regulates DC chemotaxis and contributes to the dissemination of HIV-1 within an infected person...
- Lymphocyte-specific Ca2+-binding protein LSP1 is associated with the cytoplasmic face of the plasma membraneD P Klein
Department of Immunology, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Mol Cell Biol 9:3043-8. 1989The gene for LSP1 is a lymphocyte-specific gene previously isolated by us using a subtractive hybridization technique...
- Human lymphocyte-specific protein 1, the protein overexpressed in neutrophil actin dysfunction with 47-kDa and 89-kDa protein abnormalities (NAD 47/89), has multiple F-actin binding domainsQ Zhang
Department of Cell Biology, School of Medicine, University of Alabama, Birmingham, AL 35295, USA
J Immunol 165:2052-8. 2000Human lymphocyte-specific protein 1 (LSP1) is an F-actin binding protein, which has an acidic N-terminal half and a basic C-terminal half...
- A cell-free binding assay maps the LSP1 cytoskeletal binding site to the COOH-terminal 30 amino acidsMichael J Wong
Toronto Western Research Institute, Cell and Molecular Biology Division and the Department of Immunology, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada M5T 2S8
Biochim Biophys Acta 1642:17-24. 2003The leukocyte specific protein 1 or LSP1 is a multi functional protein involved in such divers biological processes as the regulation of neutrophil motility, chemotaxis, adhesion and membrane immunoglobulin M (mIgM) mediated apoptosis of ..
- Proteasome inhibitors: a novel tool to suppress human cytomegalovirus replication and virus-induced immune modulationSusanna Prösch
Institutes of Virology, University Hospital Charite, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany
Antivir Ther 8:555-67. 2003..Early and late protein synthesis as shown exemplary for the pp52 (DNA-binding protein) and p68 (structural protein) protein production and viral DNA synthesis were also inhibited...
- Eisosomes mark static sites of endocytosisTobias C Walther
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of California at San Francisco, 600 16th Street, San Francisco, California 94143 2200, USA
Nature 439:998-1003. 2006..meaning into or portal, and 'soma', meaning body), are composed primarily of two cytoplasmic proteins, Pil1 and Lsp1. A plasma membrane protein, Sur7, localizes to eisosomes...
- The LSP1 gene is expressed in cultured normal and transformed mouse macrophagesJ Jongstra
Arthritis Centre Research Unit, Toronto Hospital Research Institute, Ontario, Canada
Mol Immunol 31:1125-31. 1994The mouse LSP1 protein is an F-actin binding protein initially isolated as a cDNA from the BALB/c pre-B cell line 220.2. Its expression pattern is highly restricted. Only lymphocytes and lymphoma cell lines were reported to express LSP1...
- Modulation of Mac-1 (CD11b/CD18)-mediated adhesion by the leukocyte-specific protein 1 is key to its role in neutrophil polarization and chemotaxisChunjie Wang
Cellular and Molecular Biology Division, Toronto Western Research Institute, Canada
J Immunol 169:415-23. 2002Leukocyte-specific protein 1 (LSP1) is an intracellular filamentous-actin binding protein which modulates cell motility. The cellular process in which LSP1 functions to regulate motility is not yet identified...
- Improvement in postburn hypertrophic scar after treatment with IFN-alpha2b is associated with decreased fibrocytesJianfei Wang
Wound Healing Research Group, Department of Surgery, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
J Interferon Cytokine Res 27:921-30. 2007..staining, and confocal microscopy, we demonstrate here that the marker protein leukocyte-specific protein 1 (LSP1) is stably expressed by fibrocytes for at least 2 months, whereas other potential fibrocyte markers, such as CD34 ..
- Identification of a 52-kDa molecule (p52) coprecipitated with the Ig receptor-related MB-1 protein that is inducibly phosphorylated by the stimulation with phorbol myristate acetateK Kuwahara
Department of Immunology, School of Life Science, Faculty of Medicine, Tottori University, Yonago, Japan
J Immunol 152:2742-52. 1994..These molecules would provide the informations of the down-stream molecules in the cascade reactions of the IgR-mediated signal transduction...
- Genome-wide association study identifies five new breast cancer susceptibility lociClare Turnbull
Section of Cancer Genetics, The Institute of Cancer Research, Sutton, Surrey, UK
Nat Genet 42:504-7. 2010..We also identified SNPs in the 6q25.1 (rs3757318, P = 2.9 x 10(-6)), 8q24 (rs1562430, P = 5.8 x 10(-7)) and LSP1 (rs909116, P = 7...
- Expression of the prokaryotic gene for chloramphenicol acetyl transferase in Drosophila under the control of larval serum protein 1 gene promotersJ A Davies
J Mol Biol 189:13-24. 1986..chloramphenicol acetyl transferase (CAT) to the promoter region of the Drosophila genes for larval serum protein 1 (LSP1). These regions consist of 1.65 X 10(3) and 2...
- Duplicative and conservative transpositions of larval serum protein 1 genes in the genus DrosophilaJosefa González
Departament de Genetica i de Microbiologia, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, 08193 Bellaterra Barcelona, Spain
Genetics 168:253-64. 2004..In the Drosophila melanogaster genome, three Larval serum protein 1 (Lsp1) genes (alpha, beta and gamma) are present and each of them is located on a different chromosome, suggesting ..
- Discovering biomarkers from gene expression data for predicting cancer subgroups using neural networks and relational fuzzy clusteringNikhil R Pal
Electronics and Communication Sciences Unit, Indian Statistical Institute, India
BMC Bioinformatics 8:5. 2007..We use multilayer networks with online gene selection ability and relational fuzzy clustering to identify a small set of biomarkers for accurate classification of the training and blind test cases of a well studied data set...
- Transcriptional recapitulation and subversion of embryonic colon development by mouse colon tumor models and human colon cancerSergio Kaiser
Biomedical Informatics, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
Genome Biol 8:R131. 2007..5-18.5...
- Genetic susceptibility loci for breast cancer by estrogen receptor statusMontserrat Garcia-Closas
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, Rockville, Maryland 20852, USA
Clin Cancer Res 14:8000-9. 2008..studies has led to the discovery of novel breast cancer susceptibility loci in genic (CASP8, FGFR2, TNRC9, MAP3K1, LSP1) and nongenic regions (8q24, 2q35, 5p12) of the genome, and to the finding of substantial heterogeneity by tumor ..
- Breast cancer susceptibility: current knowledge and implications for genetic counsellingTim Ripperger
Institute of Cell and Molecular Pathology, Hannover Medical School, Hannover, Germany
Eur J Hum Genet 17:722-31. 2009..cancer susceptibility polymorphisms within genes as well as in chromosomal loci with no known genes (FGFR2, TOX3, LSP1, MAP3K1, TGFB1, 2q35 and 8q)...
- Metabotropic glutamate receptor 4 novel agonist LSP1-2111 with anxiolytic, but not antidepressant-like activity, mediated by serotonergic and GABAergic systemsJoanna M Wieronska
Institute of Pharmacology, Polish Academy of Sciences, 31 343 Krakow, Poland
Neuropharmacology 59:627-34. 2010..Here, we describe the effects of LSP1-2111 ((2S)-2-amino-4-[hydroxy[hydroxy(4-hydroxy-3-methoxy-5-nitro-phenyl)methyl]phosphoryl]butanoic acid), a novel ..
- Risk of genome-wide association study newly identified genetic variants for breast cancer in Chinese women of Heilongjiang ProvinceYongdong Jiang
Department of Breast Surgery, The Third Affiliated Hospital, Harbin Medical University, Xiangfang District, Harbin, 150081, China
Breast Cancer Res Treat 128:251-7. 2011..417 (P = 2×10⁻⁴). However, no significant association was detected between SNPs from TNCR9, LSP1, MAP3K1, 2q35, and 8q24 and breast cancer...
- Leukocyte-specific protein 1 links TNF receptor-associated factor 1 to survival signaling downstream of 4-1BB in T cellsLaurent Sabbagh
Maisonneuve Rosemont Hospital Research Centre, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Leukoc Biol 93:713-21. 2013..With the use of a proteomics approach in primary T cells, we have identified LSP1 as a novel protein recruited to the 4-1BB signaling complex in a TRAF1-dependent manner...
- Evidence of gene-environment interactions between common breast cancer susceptibility loci and established environmental risk factorsStefan Nickels
Division of Cancer Epidemiology, German Cancer Research Center DKFZ, Heidelberg, Germany
PLoS Genet 9:e1003284. 2013..All statistical tests were two-sided. We replicated previously reported potential interactions between LSP1-rs3817198 and parity (Pinteraction = 2...
- Pleiotropic associations of risk variants identified for other cancers with lung cancer risk: the PAGE and TRICL consortiaS Lani Park
Affiliations of authors Department of Preventive Medicine, Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA SLP, FRS, CAH Public Health Sciences Division, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA MDF, JMK, Ay, yl, UP, CC, CK Colon Cancer Genetics Group, Institute of Genetics and Molecular Medicine, University of Edinburgh and Medical Research Council Human Genetics Unit, Edinburgh, UK MT Epidemiology Program, University of Hawaii Cancer Center, Honolulu, HI CPC, LRW, LL Community and Family Medicine, Geisel School of Medicine, Dartmouth College, Hanover, NH YH, CIA Department of Epidemiology S AL, AB, Ken, GH and Carolina Center for Genome Sciences KEN, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC Molecular Physiology and Biophysics LD, DCC, Tel Aviv University
J Natl Cancer Inst 106:dju061. 2014..A few of these risk regions have been associated with more than one cancer site; however, a systematic evaluation of the associations between risk variants for other cancers and lung cancer risk has yet to be performed...
- Myogenic differential methylation: diverse associations with chromatin structureSruti Chandra
Center for Bioinformatics and Genomics, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
Biology (Basel) 3:426-51. 2014..For LSP1, alternative promoter usage and active promoter-type chromatin were linked to highly specific myogenic or ..
- Genome-wide association study identifies multiple loci associated with both mammographic density and breast cancer riskSara Lindstrom
1 Program in Genetic Epidemiology and Statistical Genetics, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA 2 Department of Epidemiology, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Nat Commun 5:5303. 2014..We identify genome-wide significant (P<5 × 10(-8)) loci for dense area (AREG, ESR1, ZNF365, LSP1/TNNT3, IGF1, TMEM184B and SGSM3/MKL1), non-dense area (8p11.23) and percent density (PRDM6, 8p11.23 and TMEM184B)...
- Correlation between LSP1 polymorphisms and the susceptibility to breast cancerHai Chen
Department of Galactophore, The General Hospital of Beijing Military Command Beijing, China
Int J Clin Exp Pathol 8:5798-802. 2015The present study aimed at assessing the relationship between Leukocyte-specific protein 1 gene (LSP1) polymorphisms (rs569550 and rs592373) and the pathogenesis of breast cancer (BC).
- Disentangling metabolic pathways involved in copper resistance in Candida fukuyamaensis RCL-3 indigenous yeastVerónica Irazusta
PROIMI CONICET, Tucuman, Argentina
J Basic Microbiol 56:698-710. 2016..were identified, namely nucleoporin pom152, elongation factor 2, copper chaperone Sod1 Ccs1, and eiosome component Lsp1. The proteomic analysis performed allowed the identification of different metabolic pathways and certain proteins ..
- TNRC9 rs12443621 and FGFR2 rs2981582 polymorphisms and breast cancer riskYing Chen
Department of Radiology, Shengjing Hospital Affiliated to China Medical University, No 36, Sanhao ST, Heping District, Shenyang, Liaoning Province, 110004, China
World J Surg Oncol 14:50. 2016..factor receptor 2 (FGFR2) rs2981582, trinucleotide-repeat-containing 9 (TNRC9) rs3803662, rs12443621, and leukocyte-specific protein 1 (LSP1) rs3817198 polymorphisms with breast cancer and mammographic density in Han Chinese population.
- New Gene Profiling in Determination of Breast Cancer Recurrence and Prognosis in Iranian WomenSeyed Mohammad Poorhosseini
Department of Medical Genetics, Faculty of Medicine, Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran E mail
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 17:155-60. 2016..The objective of this study was to examine the gene expression profiles of SIRT3, HRAS, LSP1, SCUBE2 and AP2A2 in Iranian women with BC...
- Temporal regulation of Lsp1 O-GlcNAcylation and phosphorylation during apoptosis of activated B cellsJung Lin Wu
Institute of Microbiology and Immunology, National Yang Ming University, Taipei 112, Taiwan
Nat Commun 7:12526. 2016..phosphoproteins, temporal regulation of the O-GlcNAcylation and phosphorylation of lymphocyte-specific protein-1 (Lsp1) is a key switch that triggers apoptosis in activated B cells...
- The LSP1 rs3817198 T > C polymorphism contributes to increased breast cancer risk: a meta-analysis of twelve studiesJianzhou Tang
Department of Biological and Environmental Engineering, Changsha University, Changsha 410003, Hunan, China
Oncotarget 7:63960-63967. 2016The association between the LSP1 rs3817198 T > C polymorphism and breast cancer risk has been widely investigated, but remains controversial...
- Cocaine Enhances DC to T-cell HIV-1 Transmission by Activating DC-SIGN/LARG/LSP1 Complex and Facilitating Infectious Synapse FormationAnil Prasad
Division of Experimental Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Sci Rep 7:40648. 2017..We found that cocaine activates a DC-SIGN mediated 'signalosome' complex by enhancing its association with LARG and LSP1. Further, LARG was observed to participate in DC-SIGN mediated internalization of HIV-1 in DCs...
- Lymphocyte isoforms of mouse p50 LSP1, which are phosphorylated in mitogen-activated T cells, are formed through alternative splicing and phosphorylationN Matsumoto
Department of Parasitology, University of Tokyo
J Biochem 118:237-43. 1995..lymphocyte form of p50 exhibits heterogeneity in the apparent molecular mass on SDS-PAGE, 50 and 52 kDa (pp50 and pp52), and each isoform exhibits heterogeneity in the isoelectric point, when examined by two-dimensional PAGE...
- LSP1 modulates leukocyte populations in resting and inflamed peritoneumJ Jongstra-Bilen
Toronto Western Research Institute, Cell and Molecular Biology Division and Department of Immunology, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Blood 96:1827-35. 2000Lymphocyte-specific protein 1, recently renamed leukocyte-specific protein 1 (LSP1), is an F-actin binding protein expressed in lymphocytes, macrophages, and neutrophils in mice and humans...
- Leukocyte-specific phosphoprotein-1 and PU.1: two useful markers for distinguishing T-cell-rich B-cell lymphoma from lymphocyte-predominant Hodgkin's diseaseTeresa Marafioti
Nuffield Department of Clinical Laboratory Sciences, John Radcliffe Hospital, University of Oxford, Oxford, United Kingdom
Haematologica 89:957-64. 2004..In this paper, we have evaluated the usefulness of the pan-leukocyte marker LSP1 and the transcription factor PU.1 for resolving such diagnostic problems.
- Phototactic activity in Chlamydomonas 'non-phototactic' mutants deficient in Ca2+-dependent control of flagellar dominance or in inner-arm dyneinNoriko Okita
Department of Biological Sciences, Graduate School of Science, University of Tokyo, Hongo, Tokyo 113 0063, Japan
J Cell Sci 118:529-37. 2005..A newly isolated mutant, lsp1, that displays weak phototaxis was found to be defective in this Ca(2+)-dependent shift in flagellar dominance; in ..
- Leukocyte-specific protein 1 (LSP1): a regulator of leukocyte emigration in inflammationJenny Jongstra-Bilen
Cell and Molecular Biology Division, Toronto General Research Institute, University Health Network, Toronto Western Research Institute, University Health Network, Ontario, Canada
Immunol Res 35:65-74. 2006b>LSP1 is an F-actin bundling cytoskeletal protein expressed in hematopoietic lineage and endothelial cells...
- Transcriptional profiling of human cord blood CD133+ and cultured bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells in response to hypoxiaEnca Martin-Rendon
Stem Cell Research Laboratory, National Blood Service, Oxford Centre, The John Radcliffe Hospital, Headington, OX3 9BQ, United Kingdom
Stem Cells 25:1003-12. 2007..Several of these genes, namely CDTSPL, CCL20, LSP1, NEDD9, TMEM45A, EDG-1, and EPHA3 were confirmed to be regulated by hypoxia using quantitative reverse ..
- Accelerated wound healing in leukocyte-specific, protein 1-deficient mouse is associated with increased infiltration of leukocytes and fibrocytesJianfei Wang
Wound Healing Research Group Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and Critical Care, Department of Surgery, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta T6G 2B7, Canada
J Leukoc Biol 82:1554-63. 2007..We previously established leukocyte-specific protein 1 (LSP1) as a marker for fibrocytes...
- Electrophysiological and behavioral evidence that modulation of metabotropic glutamate receptor 4 with a new agonist reverses experimental parkinsonismCorinne Beurrier
Institut de Biologie du Developpement de Marseille Luminy, UMR 6216 CNRS Université de la Méditerranée, Marseille, France
FASEB J 23:3619-28. 2009..Here we characterize the functional action of a new orthosteric group III mGlu agonist, LSP1-2111, with a preferential affinity for mGlu4 receptor...
- Eisosome organization in the filamentous ascomycete Aspergillus nidulansIoannis Vangelatos
Institute of Biology, National Center for Scientific Research, Demokritos, Athens, Greece
Eukaryot Cell 9:1441-54. 2010..They comprise two homologue proteins, Pil1 and Lsp1, which colocalize with the transmembrane protein Sur7. These proteins are universally conserved in the ascomycetes...
- Endothelial LSP1 is involved in endothelial dome formation, minimizing vascular permeability changes during neutrophil transmigration in vivoBjörn Petri
Immunology Research Group, Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, The Calvin, Phoebe, and Joan Snyder Institute for Infection, Immunity and Inflammation, University of Calgary, Calgary, Germany
Blood 117:942-52. 2011..Leukocyte-specific protein 1 (LSP1), an F-actin-binding protein recently shown to be in the endothelium, is critical for effective transmigration, ..
- Identification of sumoylation targets, combined with inactivation of SMT3, reveals the impact of sumoylation upon growth, morphology, and stress resistance in the pathogen Candida albicansMichelle D Leach
School of Medical Sciences, Institute of Medical Sciences, University of Aberdeen, Foresterhill, Aberdeen AB25 2ZD, United Kingdom
Mol Biol Cell 22:687-702. 2011..g., Tub1, Cct7, Mlc1), secretion, and endocytosis (e.g., Lsp1, Sec24, Sec7). The output from this proteomic screen was entirely consistent with the phenotypes of C...
- Meta-analysis identifies 29 additional ulcerative colitis risk loci, increasing the number of confirmed associations to 47Carl A Anderson
Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton, Cambridge, UK
Nat Genet 43:246-52. 2011..insights into disease pathogenesis, including IL1R2, IL8RA-IL8RB, IL7R, IL12B, DAP, PRDM1, JAK2, IRF5, GNA12 and LSP1. The total number of confirmed inflammatory bowel disease risk loci is now 99, including a minimum of 28 shared ..
- The eisosome core is composed of BAR domain proteinsAgustina Olivera-Couto
Institut Pasteur de Montevideo, Montevideo 11400, Uruguay
Mol Biol Cell 22:2360-72. 2011..We found that the core components of eisosomes, paralogue proteins Pil1 and Lsp1, are distant homologues of membrane-sculpting Bin/amphiphysin/Rvs (BAR) proteins...
- Eisosome-driven plasma membrane organization is mediated by BAR domainsNatasza E Ziółkowska
Max Planck Institute of Biochemistry, Organelle Architecture and Dynamics, Martinsried, Germany
Nat Struct Mol Biol 18:854-6. 2011..Eisosomes are key complexes for yeast plasma membrane organization, containing primarily Pil1 and Lsp1. Here we show that both proteins consist mostly of a banana-shaped BAR domain common to membrane sculpting proteins,..
- Common breast cancer susceptibility variants in LSP1 and RAD51L1 are associated with mammographic density measures that predict breast cancer riskCeline M Vachon
Department of Health Sciences Research, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 21:1156-66. 2012..We examined whether common low-penetrance breast cancer susceptibility variants contribute to interindividual differences in mammographic density measures...
- Anxiolytic- but not antidepressant-like activity of Lu AF21934, a novel, selective positive allosteric modulator of the mGlu₄ receptorAnna Sławińska
Institute of Pharmacology, Polish Academy of Sciences, 31 343 Krakow, Poland
Neuropharmacology 66:225-35. 2013Previous studies demonstrated that the Group III mGlu receptor-selective orthosteric agonist, LSP1-2111 produced anxiolytic- but not antidepressant-like effects upon peripheral administration...
- Different microvascular permeability responses elicited by the CXC chemokines MIP-2 and KC during leukocyte recruitment: role of LSP1Xi Lei
Department of Pharmacology, College of Medicine, University of Saskatchewan, 107 Wiggins Road, Saskatoon, SK, Canada S7N 5E5
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 423:484-9. 2012..Leukocyte-specific protein 1 (LSP1), a Ca2+- and F-actin binding protein, is one of the major downstream substrates of p38 MAPK...
- The associations between a polygenic score, reproductive and menstrual risk factors and breast cancer riskShaneda Warren Andersen
University of Wisconsin Carbone Cancer Center, 610 Walnut St, WARF Room 307, Madison, WI 53726, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 140:427-34. 2013..associations between rs13387042 (2q35), rs4973768 (SLC4A7), rs10941679 (5p12), rs2981582 (FGFR2), rs3817198 (LSP1), rs3803662 (TOX3), and rs6504950 (STXBP4) with breast cancer. Women in the score's highest quintile had 2...
- Genome-wide association study identifies multiple loci associated with bladder cancer riskJonine D Figueroa
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD, USA
Hum Mol Genet 23:1387-98. 2014....
- Fucose-specific DC-SIGN signalling directs T helper cell type-2 responses via IKKε- and CYLD-dependent Bcl3 activationSonja I Gringhuis
Department of Experimental Immunology, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Meibergdreef 9, 1105 AZ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Nat Commun 5:3898. 2014..Crosstalk between TLR and DC-SIGN signalling results in TLR-induced MK2-mediated phosphorylation of LSP1, associated with DC-SIGN, upon fucose binding. Subsequently, IKKε and CYLD are recruited to phosphorylated LSP1...
- Fungal membrane organization: the eisosome conceptLois M Douglas
Department of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, New York 11794 email
Annu Rev Microbiol 68:377-93. 2014..associated with the cytoplasmic side of the MCC, including the Bin/amphiphysin/Rvs-domain proteins Pil1 and Lsp1, which assemble into filaments that curve the membrane to form the furrows...
- Fibrocytes participate in the development of heterotopic ossificationAbelardo Medina
From the Wound Healing Research Group, Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada Division of Critical Care Medicine and Firefighters Burn Treatment Unit, Department of Surgery, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
J Burn Care Res 36:394-404. 2015..marrow derived fibrocyte profile consisting in spindle-shaped morphology associated with type 1 pro-collagen and LSP1 expression...
- Determination of the absolute configuration of phosphinic analogues of glutamateBruno Commare
Laboratoire de Chimie and Biochimie Pharmacologiques et Toxicologiques, UMR CNRS 8601, Universite Paris Descartes, Sorbonne Paris Cité, 45, rue des Saints Pères 75270, Paris Cedex 06, France
Org Biomol Chem 13:1106-12. 2015A series of phosphinic glutamate derivatives (e.g.LSP1-2111) have been proven to be potent agonists of metabotropic glutamate (mGlu) receptors and shown promising in vivo activity...
- The yeast BDF1 regulates endocytosis via LSP1 under salt stressJiafang Fu
Shandong Medicinal Biotechnology Centre, Shandong Academy of Medical Sciences, Jinan, 250062, China
Curr Microbiol 70:671-8. 2015..We deleted some of the most significant down-regulated genes and did the spot assay. The results revealed that LSP1, an upstream component of endocytosis pathway, and CIN5, a transcription factor that mediates cellular resistance ..
- A novel subpopulation of peripheral blood mononuclear cells presents in major burn patientsHongbin Liu
Wound Healing Research Group, Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, University of Alberta, 2D2 28 WMC, 8440 112 Street, Edmonton, AB, Canada T6G 2B7
Burns 41:998-1007. 2015..that appears at an early stage following major thermal injuries, which primarily express procollagen 1, leukocyte specific protein 1, CD204, toll-like receptor 4 and stromal cell-derived factor 1 (SDF-1) receptor CXCR4...
- Pharmacological stimulation of metabotropic glutamate receptor type 4 in a rat model of Parkinson's disease and L-DOPA-induced dyskinesia: Comparison between a positive allosteric modulator and an orthosteric agonistHanna Iderberg
Basal Ganglia Pathophysiology Unit, Department of Experimental Medical Science, Lund University, Sweden Electronic address
Neuropharmacology 95:121-9. 2015..effects produced by the mGlu4 positive allosteric modulator (PAM), VU0364770, and the mGlu4 orthosteric agonist, LSP1-2111, in rats with unilateral 6-OHDA lesions...
- Leukocyte-specific protein 1 regulates neutrophil recruitment in acute lung inflammationNguyen Phuong Khanh Le
Department of Veterinary Biomedical Sciences, Western College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada Faculty of Animal Science and Veterinary Medicine, Nong Lam University, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 309:L995-1008. 2015..We explored the hitherto unknown expression of leukocyte-specific protein 1 (LSP1) in human and mouse lungs and neutrophils and examined its role in neutrophil migration in acute lung inflammation...
- Leukocyte-specific protein 1 regulates T-cell migration in rheumatoid arthritisSeong Hye Hwang
Postech Catholic Biomedical Engineering Institute, The Catholic University of Korea, Seoul, Korea
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 112:E6535-43. 2015..Here, we identified a novel leukocyte-specific protein 1 (LSP1) deletion variant for RA susceptibility located in 11p15.5...
- Sequence conservation around the 5' ends of the larval serum protein 1 genes of Drosophila melanogasterS J Delaney
J Mol Biol 189:1-11. 1986..sequence at the 5' ends of the genes for the alpha, beta and gamma polypeptides of larval serum protein 1 (LSP1) of Drosophila melanogaster. In their upstream regions, the three genes share homology around the TATA boxes...
- The molecular cloning of a dispersed set of developmentally regulated genes which encode the major larval serum protein of D. melanogasterD F Smith
Cell 23:441-9. 1981..melanogaster DNA that encode the alpha, beta and gamma polypeptides of the major larval serum protein (LSP1) from libraries of recombinant phage...
- Protein kinase C phosphorylates p50 LSP1 and induces translocation of p50 LSP1 in T lymphocytesN Matsumoto
Department of Parasitology, Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo
J Biochem 117:222-9. 1995..p50 was identified as lymphocyte specific protein 1 (LSP1), which is a putative calcium-binding protein...
- Molecular cloning of a cDNA clone encoding a phosphoprotein component related to the Ig receptor-mediated signal transductionS Inui
Department of Immunology, School of Life Science, Faculty of Medicine, Tottori University, Yonago, Japan
J Immunol 154:2714-23. 1995..These results suggested that the alpha 4 gene-encoded molecule is functionally involved in the IgR-mediated signal transduction in B cells...
- The mouse Lsp1 and Tnnt3 genes are 4.3 kb apart on distal mouse chromosome 7V L Misener
University of Toronto Arthritis Centre of Excellence at the Toronto Hospital, Department of Immunology, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Mamm Genome 9:846-8. 1998
- Leucocyte-specific protein (LSP1) in malignant lymphoma and Hodgkin's diseaseTeresa Marafioti
Nuffield Department of Clinical Laboratory Sciences, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford, UK
Br J Haematol 120:671-8. 2003Biopsies from 319 haematopoietic neoplasms were immunostained for intracellular leucocyte-specific protein 1 (LSP1) to assess its distribution and to compare its diagnostic value with that of CD45 (leucocyte common antigen: LCA)...
- A stable aspirin-triggered lipoxin A4 analog blocks phosphorylation of leukocyte-specific protein 1 in human neutrophilsTaisuke Ohira
Center for Experimental Therapeutics and Reperfusion Injury, Department of Anesthesiology, Perioperative and Pain Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard University Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Immunol 173:2091-8. 2004....
- The echinocandin "target" identified by cross-linking is a homolog of Pil1 and Lsp1, sphingolipid-dependent regulators of cell wall integrity signalingThomas D Edlind
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 48:4491. 2004
- Differential gene expression modulated by the cytoplasmic domain of Fc gamma RIa (CD64) alpha-chainHongwei Qin
Department of Medicine, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 1900 University Boulevard, Birmingham, AL 35294 0006, USA
J Immunol 173:6211-9. 2004....
- LSP1 is an endothelial gatekeeper of leukocyte transendothelial migrationLixin Liu
Immunology Research Group, Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta T2N 4N1, Canada
J Exp Med 201:409-18. 2005Leukocyte-specific protein 1 (LSP1), an F-actin binding protein and a major downstream substrate of p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase as well as protein kinase C, has been reported to be important in leukocyte chemotaxis...
- Identification of fibrocytes in postburn hypertrophic scarLiju Yang
Wound Healing Research Group, Department of Surgery, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Wound Repair Regen 13:398-404. 2005....
- Platelet-activating factor-induced clathrin-mediated endocytosis requires beta-arrestin-1 recruitment and activation of the p38 MAPK signalosome at the plasma membrane for actin bundle formationNathan J D McLaughlin
Department of Pediatrics, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Denver, CO 80262, USA
J Immunol 176:7039-50. 2006..We conclude that PAF signaling requires CME, beta-arrestin-1 recruitment of a p38 MAPK signalosome, and specific actin bundle formation at the PAFR for transduction before endosomal scission...
- The immunohistochemical characterization of devil facial tumor disease (DFTD) in the Tasmanian Devil (Sarcophilus harrisii)R Loh
Animal Health Laboratory, PO Box 46, Kings Meadows, 7249 Tasmania, Australia
Vet Pathol 43:896-903. 2006..actin (SMA) (0/26), desmin (0/47), glial fibrillary acid protein (0/13), CD16 (0/13), CD57 (0/43), CD3 (0/18), and LSP1 (0/16)...
- Association of breast cancer susceptibility variants with risk of pancreatic cancerFergus J Couch
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 18:3044-8. 2009..Recently, several breast cancer susceptibility loci have been identified through genome-wide association studies. Here we evaluated possible associations between these single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNP) and pancreatic cancer risk...
- Assessing interactions between the associations of common genetic susceptibility variants, reproductive history and body mass index with breast cancer risk in the breast cancer association consortium: a combined case-control studyRoger L Milne
Genetic and Molecular Epidemiology Group, Human Cancer Genetics Programme, Spanish National Cancer Research Centre CNIO, Madrid, 28029, Spain
Breast Cancer Res 12:R110. 2010....
- Correlation of breast cancer susceptibility loci with patient characteristics, metastasis-free survival, and mRNA expression of the nearest genesMuhammad Riaz
Department of Medical Oncology, Josephine Nefkens Institute and Daniel den Hoed Cancer Center, Erasmus MC, Building Be, Room 400, Dr Molewaterplein 50, 3015 GE Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Breast Cancer Res Treat 133:843-51. 2012..was once established, we examined the association of SNPs tagging the low-risk breast cancer loci in or near FGFR2, LSP1, MAP3K1, H19, TOX3, POU5F1P1, MYC, and 2q35, with clinical, pathological characteristics, prognosis, and mRNA ..
- Breast cancer genome-wide association studies: there is strength in numbersD Fanale
Department of Surgical and Oncological Sciences, Section of Medical Oncology, University of Palermo, Palermo, Italy
Oncogene 31:2121-8. 2012..in five novel genes associated to susceptibility: TNRC9, FGFR2, MAP3K1, H19 and lymphocyte-specific protein 1 (LSP1)...
- Blood pressure loci identified with a gene-centric arrayToby Johnson
Clinical Pharmacology and Barts and The London Genome Centre, William Harvey Research Institute, Barts and the London School of Medicine and Dentistry, Queen Mary University of London, Charterhouse Square, London, UK
Am J Hum Genet 89:688-700. 2011..We identified and replicated a SNP at LSP1/TNNT3, a SNP at MTHFR-NPPB independent (r(2) = 0...
- Gene deletions and amplifications in human hepatocellular carcinomas: correlation with hepatocyte growth regulationMichael A Nalesnik
Department of Pathology, Graduate School of Public Health, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15241, USA
Am J Pathol 180:1495-508. 2012..The LSP1 gene had the most cases with CNV (46 deletions and 5 amplifications)...
- Bacterial quorum sensing molecule induces chemotaxis of human neutrophils via induction of p38 and leukocyte specific protein 1 (LSP1)N A Kahle
Institut für Immunologie der Universität Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Immunobiology 218:145-51. 2013..In PMN, the major substrate of MK2 is the leukocyte specific protein 1 (LSP1), which binds to F-actin and participates directly in actin polymerization and cell migration...
- MIR141 Expression Differentiates Hashimoto Thyroiditis from PTC and Benign Thyrocytes in Irish Archival Thyroid TissuesEmma R Dorris
Department of Histopathology, Sir Patrick Dun Research Laboratory, Trinity College Dublin, St James Hospital Dublin, Ireland
Front Endocrinol (Lausanne) 3:102. 2012..Thyrocyte- and lymphocyte-specific markers (TSHR and LSP1, respectively), confirmed the integrity of cell populations in the HT cohort...
- Slit2N/Robo1 inhibit HIV-gp120-induced migration and podosome formation in immature dendritic cells by sequestering LSP1 and WASpAnil Prasad
Division of Experimental Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e48854. 2012..We further identified Leukocyte-Specific Protein 1 (LSP1) as a novel component of the WASp-Arp2/3-β-actin complex...
- Antidiabetic Activity of Polysaccharides from Tuberous Root of Liriope spicata var. prolifera in KKAy MiceYihui Liu
Hubei Key Laboratory of Natural Medicinal Chemistry and Resource Evaluation, Tongji School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Hangkong Road 13, Wuhan 430030, China
Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 2013:349790. 2013..The present study investigated the antidiabetic effect and the potential mechanisms of two new polysaccharides (LSP1, LSP2) and the total polysaccharides (TLSP), isolated from the tuberous roots...
- Activation of metabotropic glutamate 4 receptors decreases L-DOPA-induced dyskinesia in a mouse model of Parkinson's diseaseSebastien Lopez
Department of Neuroscience, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
J Parkinsons Dis 1:339-46. 2011..In this study, we examined a novel orthosteric agonist at the mGlu4 receptor, LSP1-2111, for its ability to affect L-DOPA-induced dyskinesia (LID), in a mouse model...
- Membrane-sculpting BAR domains generate stable lipid microdomainsHongxia Zhao
Institute of Biotechnology, University of Helsinki, 00014 Helsinki, Finland
Cell Rep 4:1213-23. 2013..BAR and Fes/CIP4 homology BAR (F-BAR) domains, the inverse BAR domain of Pinkbar, and the eisosomal BAR protein Lsp1 induced phosphoinositide clustering and halted lipid diffusion, despite differences in mechanisms of membrane ..
- Culex quinquefasciatus storage proteinsLarissa A Martins
Departamento de Parasitologia, Instituto de Ciencias Biomedicas, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brasil
PLoS ONE 8:e77664. 2013..analysis of larval and pupal proteins identified all storage proteins with the exception of one encoded by Cq LSP1.8. Our results indicate that the identified Cx...
- The non-dosage compensated LSP1-alpha gene of Drosophila melanogaster lies immediately downstream of the dosage compensated L12 geneS Ghosh
Department of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, University of California, Irvine 92717
Mol Gen Genet 233:49-52. 1992The X-linked gene LSP1-alpha of Drosophila melanogaster, expressed in the third larval instar, does not exhibit dosage compensation at its normal locus but does compensate when it is relocated to ectopic sites on the X chromosome...
- Molecular cloning and characterization of WP34, a phosphorylated human lymphocyte differentiation and activation antigenR K Kadiyala
Department of Pediatrics, Stanford Medical School, CA 94305
Eur J Immunol 20:2417-23. 1990..Sequence analysis indicates that WP34 is the human homologue of the recently described murine molecule LSP1.
- The LSP1-alpha gene of Drosophila melanogaster exhibits dosage compensation when it is relocated to a different site on the X chromosomeS Ghosh
Department of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, University of California, Irvine 92717
EMBO J 8:1191-6. 1989The LSP1-alpha gene of Drosophila melanogaster is located on the X chromosome at 11B yet is not dosage compensated...
- A new lymphocyte-specific gene which encodes a putative Ca2+-binding protein is not expressed in transformed T lymphocyte linesJ Jongstra
Department of Immunology, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Immunol 141:3999-4004. 1988The LSP1 gene is a new lymphocyte-specific gene which is expressed in normal mouse B and T lymphocytes and in transformed B cells but not (or in much smaller amounts) in nine T lymphoma lines tested...
- The 47-kD protein increased in neutrophil actin dysfunction with 47- and 89-kD protein abnormalities is lymphocyte-specific proteinT Howard
Department of Pediatrics, University of Alabama, School of Medicine, Birmingham
Blood 83:231-41. 1994..native PMNs, 47-kD actin binding protein showed the overexpressed 47-kD protein is lymphocyte-specific protein 1 (LSP1), which is a known actin binding protein...
- Alternatively spliced pp52 mRNA in nonlymphoid stromal cellsJ M Gimble
Immunobiology and Cancer Program, Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation, Oklahoma City 73104
J Immunol 150:115-21. 1993..The nucleotide sequence of the S37 stromal cell cDNA is identical to that of the lymphocyte derived pp52 cDNA from the 3' poly(A) tail to the codon encoding the amino acid at residue 24...
- Human lymphocyte-specific pp52 gene is a member of a highly conserved dispersed familyW May
Department of Pediatrics, Gwynne Hazen Cherry Memorial Laboratories, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, University of California, Los Angeles 90024
Genomics 15:515-20. 1993..function in B lymphocyte cell signaling, we isolated the human genomic counterpart of the murine pp52 or LSP1 gene. We unexpectedly found that the human pp52 gene is one of four closely related loci...
- Characterization and purification of a protein kinase C substrate in human B cells. Identification as lymphocyte-specific protein 1 (LSP1)E Carballo
Biological Hematology Service, University of Barcelona, Spain
J Immunol 156:1709-13. 1996..p60 was purified from CESS cells and peptide microsequencing of this protein revealed that it was lymphocyte-specific protein 1 (LSP1), that is here characterized as the most prominent protein kinase C substrate in B cells.
- Alternatively spliced exons encode the tissue-specific 5' termini of leukocyte pp52 and stromal cell S37 mRNA isoformsA A Thompson
Department of Pediatrics, UCLA School of Medicine 90095, USA
Genomics 32:352-7. 1996The pp52 gene encodes an intracellular, F-actin-binding phosphoprotein (also designated LSP1 and WP34) postulated to function in cytoskeleton dynamics and cell motility...
- LSP1 is the major substrate for mitogen-activated protein kinase-activated protein kinase 2 in human neutrophilsC K Huang
Department of Pathology, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington 06030 3105, USA
J Biol Chem 272:17-9. 1997..Microsequencing of five peptides derived from purified p60 indicates that p60 is lymphocyte-specific protein 1 (LSP1). Furthermore antibodies specific for human and mouse LSP1 react with human and mouse p60...
- Mosquito hexamerins: characterization during larval developmentS E Korochkina
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock 72205, USA
Insect Mol Biol 6:11-21. 1997..Calliphora vicina, or to LSP1 or LSP2, the two distinct hexamerins of Drosophila melanogaster...
- PHAGOCYTE MOTILITY--CELLULAR AND MOLECULAR CONTROLThomas Howard; Fiscal Year: 1999..and defective actin polymerization led to description of new disease, NAD47/89, with increased amounts of LSP1, as actin binding protein...
- CHEMOTACTIC NEURTROPHIL ACTIVATION AND PHOSPHOPROTEINSChi Kuang Huang; Fiscal Year: 2001..Much of this work concentrate on the recently identified substrate of the MAPKAP-kinase, (LSP1) lymphocytes specific protein 1...
- Analysis of Ethnic Admixture in Lung CancerJill Barnholtz Sloan; Fiscal Year: 2006..These projects will give me experience in developing methodology in statistical genetics and genetic epidemiology, while also helping me to better understand etiology of disease. ..
- Tumor Markers and Recurrent Adenomas: A Follow-up StudyWei Zheng; Fiscal Year: 2006..This study is likely to provide valuable information for identifying high-risk adenoma patients for close surveillance and chemoprevention. ..
- Immunogenetics of Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma SurvivalJames Cerhan; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Molecular Epidemiology of non-Hodgkin Lymphoma SurvivalJames R Cerhan; Fiscal Year: 2010..Host genetics may also lead to a better understanding of NHL pathophysiology that could lead to new approaches to improve the survival of NHL patients. ..
- P21 INDUCTION BY BRCA2Fergus Couch; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Characterization of the Chromosome 17q23 AmpliconFergus Couch; Fiscal Year: 2006..Thus, the project may involve a complete transition from benchtop to bedside. Finally, the amplified and overexpressed genes may prove useful as important targets of gene, pharmacological, and immunological therapy in the future. ..
- Cancer Risk Reduction and Diet: A Cohort Study of WomenWei Zheng; Fiscal Year: 2007..The results from this study may guide new strategies in the primary prevention of common cancer in both Western and Asian women. ..
- MOLECULAR EPIDEMIOLOGIC STUDY OF BREAST CANCERWei Zheng; Fiscal Year: 2009..Results from this study will be valuable in identifying high risk women for primary and secondary prevention of breast cancer. ..
- The Nashville Breast Health StudyWei Zheng; Fiscal Year: 2009..Studies investigating gene-gene and gene-environment interaction could provide valuable information in identifying high-risk individuals for designing cost-effective preventive strategies for breast cancer. ..