Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: LRSAM1
Description: leucine rich repeat and sterile alpha motif containing 1
Alias: CMT2P, RIFLE, TAL, E3 ubiquitin-protein ligase LRSAM1, RING-type E3 ubiquitin transferase LRSAM1, Tsg101-associated ligase
Publications356 found, 100 shown here
- Tal, a Tsg101-specific E3 ubiquitin ligase, regulates receptor endocytosis and retrovirus buddingIdo Amit
Department of Biological Regulation, The Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot 76100, Israel
Genes Dev 18:1737-52. 2004..We report a novel protein, Tal (Tsg101-associated ligase), whose RING finger is necessary for multiple monoubiquitylation of Tsg101...
- Mutation in the gene encoding ubiquitin ligase LRSAM1 in patients with Charcot-Marie-Tooth diseaseDuane L Guernsey
Department of Pathology, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
PLoS Genet 6:. 2010..A homozygous pathogenic variant was identified in the gene encoding leucine rich repeat and sterile alpha motif 1 (LRSAM1) by direct DNA sequencing of genes within the region in affected DNA samples...
- A frameshift mutation in LRSAM1 is responsible for a dominant hereditary polyneuropathyMarian A J Weterman
Department of Genome Analysis AMC, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Hum Mol Genet 21:358-70. 2012..Two sequence variants co-segregated with the disease, and one, a 2 bp insertion in the last exon of LRSAM1, was also absent in 676 ethnicity-matched control chromosomes. This frameshift mutation (p...
- A novel LRSAM1 mutation is associated with autosomal dominant axonal Charcot-Marie-Tooth diseasePaschalis Nicolaou
Neurogenetics Department, The Cyprus Institute of Neurology and Genetics, Nicosia, Cyprus
Eur J Hum Genet 21:190-4. 2013..06. Following exclusion of several candidate genes from the region, we targeted the LRSAM1 (leucine-rich repeat and sterile alpha motif-containing 1) gene, very recently found to be associated with ..
- The lion of the union: the pelvic wound of Joshua Lawrence ChamberlainW J Harmon
Wilford Hall Medical Center, Lackland Air Force Base, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, 78250, USA
J Urol 163:713-6. 2000..In particular the most devastating injury was a rifle shot through the pelvis rupturing the bladder and urethra...
- Predictive value of RIFLE classification on prognosis of critically ill patients with acute kidney injury treated with continuous renal replacement therapyWen xiong Li
Department of Surgical Intensive Care Unit, Beijing Chaoyang Hospital, Capital Medical University, Beijing, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 122:1020-5. 2009..The recently proposed risk, injury, failure, loss, end-stage kidney disease (RIFLE) criteria for diagnosis and classification of AKI may provide a method for clinicians to decide the "optimal ..
- Immunomorphometric studies of proteinuria in individual deep and superficial nephrons of ratsJ R Hoyer
Department of Pediatrics at the Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104 4318, USA
Lab Invest 80:1691-700. 2000..the uniformly abundant renal synthesis of Tamm-Horsfall protein (THP) in the thick ascending limb of Henle's loop (TAL)...
- RIFLE-based data collection/management system applied to a prospective cohort multicenter Italian study on the epidemiology of acute kidney injury in the intensive care unitFrancesco Garzotto
Departments of Intensive Care and Anesthesiology, St Bortolo Hospital, Viale Rodolfi 37, Vicenza, Italy
Blood Purif 31:159-71. 2011..The RIFLE and AKIN initiatives have provided a unifying definition for AKI, making possible large retrospective studies in ..
- Balance ability and athletic performanceCon Hrysomallis
Institute of Sport, Exercise and Active Living, School of Sport and Exercise Science, Victoria University, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Sports Med 41:221-32. 2011..Surprisingly, no studies were found that compared the balance ability of rifle shooters with other athletes...
- [Magnetic resonance imaging and pathological evaluation of vacuum sealing drainage efficacy of early treated limb gunshot]Ronggang Li
The Second Affiliated Hospital of Lanzhou University, Lanzhou Gansu, 730030, P R China
Zhongguo Xiu Fu Chong Jian Wai Ke Za Zhi 24:335-9. 2010..To evaluate the effectiveness of vacuum sealing drainage (VSD) treating the penetrating wound in porcine extremity by MRI and pathological methods so as to provide theoretical basis for future clinical use...
- Familial hypomagnesemia with hypercalciuria and nephrocalcinosis: unusual clinical associations and novel claudin16 mutation in an Egyptian familyMohammad Al-Haggar
Genetics Unit, Mansoura University Children s Hospital, Mansoura, Egypt
Clin Exp Nephrol 13:288-94. 2009..is impaired tubular resorption of magnesium and calcium in the thick ascending limb of the loop of Henle (TAL) due to a genetic defect in paracellin-1 (a tight junction protein expressed in TAL)...
- Renal dysfunction after off-pump coronary artery bypass surgery- risk factors and preventive strategiesGaurab Maitra
Consultant, Department of Anesthesiology, Perioperative Medicine and Pain, Apollo Gleneagles Hospitals, Kolkata
Indian J Anaesth 53:401-7. 2009..injury, the Acute Dialysis Quality Initiative formulated the Risk, Injury, Failure, Loss, and End-stage Kidney (RIFLE) classification...
- Balanced nitrogen economy as a flexible strategy on yield stabilizing and quality of aquatic food crops in wetland ecosystemA M Puste
Department of Agronomy, Faculty of Agriculture, Bidhan Chandra Krishi Viswavidyalaya Agricultural University Mohanpur, 741 252, Nadia, West Bengal, India
Sci China C Life Sci 48:980-7. 2005..aquatic food crops (starch and protein-rich, most popular and remunerative) in the farmers' field of low-lying 'Tal' situation of New Alluvial Zone of Indian subtropics...
- Surgical treatment for rabbits' femoral arteries subjected to gunshot wounds combining with seawater immersionPeng Liu
Department of Orthopaedics, Research Institute of Field Surgery and Daping Hospital, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing 400042, China
Chin J Traumatol 8:311-6. 2005..To investigate the surgical treatment methods and evaluate the outcome of gunshot wounds combining with seawater immersion in rabbits' femoral arteries...
- Impact of prealbumin levels on mortality in patients with acute kidney injury: an observational cohort studyJose Ramon Perez Valdivieso
Department of Anesthesia and Critical Care, Clinica Universitaria, University of Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
J Ren Nutr 18:262-8. 2008..We evaluated the prognostic value of prealbumin (transthyretin) levels in patients with acute kidney injury (AKI)...
- Protection efficiency of hearing protectors against military noise from handheld weapons and vehiclesR Pääkkönen
Tampere Regional Institute of Occupational Health, P O Box 486, FIN 33101 Tampere, Finland
Noise Health 7:11-20. 2005..Commercial and military versions of earmuff noise attenuation were measured against rifle noise...
- Oligodendrocyte-specific expression and autoantigenicity of transaldolase in multiple sclerosisK Banki
Department of Pathology, State University of New York College of Medicine, Syracuse 13210
J Exp Med 180:1649-63. 1994..was cloned and found to constitute an integral part of the coding sequence of the human transaldolase gene (TAL-H)...
- Balanced nitrogen economy as a flexible strategy on yield stabilizing and quality of aquatic food crops in wetland ecosystemA M Puste
Department of Agronomy, Faculty of Agriculture, Bidhan Chandra Krishi Viswavidyalaya Agricultural University Mohanpur 741 252, Nadia, West Bengal, India
Sci China C Life Sci 48:980-7. 2005..aquatic food crops (starch and protein-rich, most popular and remunerative) in the farmers' field of low-lying 'Tal' situation of New Alluvial Zone of Indian subtropics...
- Wound ballistics: Minié ball vs. full metal jacketed bullets--a comparison of Civil War and Spanish-American War firearmsPaul Joseph Dougherty
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Mil Med 174:403-7. 2009..This study compares the wounding characteristics of a reproduction rifle from the American Civil War to one of the Spanish-American War using the wound profile method.
- Na,K-ATPase activity in renal tubule cells from Milan hypertensive ratsM L Melzi
Department of Pediatrics, , Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Am J Hypertens 2:563-6. 1989..Na,K-ATPase activity in proximal convoluted tubules (PCT) cells and medullary thick ascending limb of Henle cells (TAL) from MHS and from the Milan normotensive rats (MNS)...
- Implications for wildlife and humans of dietary exposure to lead from fragments of lead rifle bullets in deer shot in the UKJeff Knott
Royal Society for the Protection of Birds, The Lodge, Sandy, Bedfordshire SG19 2DL, UK
Sci Total Environ 409:95-9. 2010..Recent evidence has shown that the problem extends to terrestrial ecosystems and to fragmented rifle bullets eaten by scavengers as well as shotgun pellets...
- Bicarbonate transport along the loop of Henle: molecular mechanisms and regulationGiovambattista Capasso
Chair of Nephrology, Research Center for Cardiovascular Diseases, School of Medicine, Second University of Naples, Italy
J Nephrol 15:S88-96. 2002..vivo microperfusion, perfusion in vitro of the S3 segment of the proximal tubule and of the thick ascending limb (TAL) of Henle's loop, as well as quantitative PCR performed on isolated TAL, has permitted the definition of key ..
- Preoperative estimated glomerular filtration rate and RIFLE-classified postoperative acute kidney injury predict length of stay post-coronary bypass surgery in an Australian settingE M Moore
Intensive Care Unit, St Vincent s Hospital, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Anaesth Intensive Care 38:113-21. 2010..Postoperative acute kidney injury was categorised using serum creatinine RIFLE criteria (no acute kidney injury, risk, injury and failure)...
- Initiation of murine embryonic erythropoiesis: a spatial analysisL Silver
University of Rochester Medical Center, Department of Pediatrics and Cancer Center, NY 14642, USA
Blood 89:1154-64. 1997..0). VYS erythropoiesis is decreased or abrogated by targeted disruption of the hematopoietic transcription factors tal-1, rbtn2, GATA-1, and GATA-2...
- Acute kidney injury is common, parallels organ dysfunction or failure, and carries appreciable mortality in patients with major burns: a prospective exploratory cohort studyI Steinvall
The Burn Unit, Department of Hand and Plastic Surgery, Linkoping University Hospital, Garnisonsvägen, Linkoping, 58185, Sweden
Crit Care 12:R124. 2008....
- The association of renal dysfunction and the use of aprotinin in patients undergoing congenital cardiac surgery requiring cardiopulmonary bypassAna Manrique
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Children s Hospital of Pittsburgh, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Anesth Analg 109:45-52. 2009....
- Efficacy of the thin agar layer method for the recovery of stressed Cronobacter spp. (Enterobacter sakazakii)Tareq M Osaili
Department of Nutrition and Food Technology, Faculty of Agriculture, Jordan University of Science and Technology, P O Box 3030, Irbid, 22110, Jordan
J Food Prot 73:1913-8. 2010..This study evaluated the efficacy of the thin agar layer (TAL) method for the recovery of Cronobacter cells that had been exposed to various stress conditions. Five strains of C...
- Characterization of serum lysosomal enzymatic activities. II. Effect of lumpy skin disease in Egyptian cowsM A Abdalla
Department of Animal Medicine and Infectious Diseases, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Zagazig University, Egypt
Dtsch Tierarztl Wochenschr 99:347-9. 1992..lysosomal enzymes (LYE) in eight lumpy skin diseases (LSD) cows and same number of healthy ones were reported in Tal-El Baker village and Tal Alkabir centre, Ismailia province, Egypt...
- ROMK is required for expression of the 70-pS K channel in the thick ascending limbMing Lu
Department of Cellular and Molecular Physiology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520 8026, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 286:F490-5. 2004Apical potassium recycling is crucial for salt transport by the thick ascending limb (TAL). Loss-of-function mutations in the K channel, ROMK (Kir1...
- cAMP increases surface expression of NKCC2 in rat thick ascending limbs: role of VAMPPablo A Ortiz
Hypertension and Vascular Research Division, Dept of Internal Medicine, Henry Ford Hospital, 2799 W Grand Blvd, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 290:F608-16. 2006NaCl absorption by the thick ascending limb of Henle's loop (TAL) is mediated by the apical Na-K-2Cl cotransporter NKCC2. cAMP increases NaCl absorption in the TAL by stimulating NKCC2...
- Transaldolase is essential for maintenance of the mitochondrial transmembrane potential and fertility of spermatozoaAndras Perl
Department of Medicine, College of Medicine, State University of New York, 750 East Adams Street, Syracuse, NY 13210, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:14813-8. 2006..Here, we report that male mice lacking transaldolase (TAL)(-/-) are sterile because of defective forward motility...
- Transforming genes in duck hepatic carcinoma--mht(raf) and Ha-rasH Tan
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Shanghai Cancer Institute
Sci Sin B 31:1325-32. 1988..was performed with DNAs from 2 duck primary hepatic carcinomas (DHC 40K, 9K) and 1 tumor-adjacent liver tissue (TAL, 9N). Transfectants were found from 40K, 9K and 9N DNAs...
- Pentose phosphate pathway flux analysis for glycopeptide antibiotic vancomycin production during glucose-limited cultivation of Amycolatopsis orientalisHulya Ayar-Kayali
Faculty of Science, Department of Chemistry, Biochemistry Division, University of Dokuz Eylul, Buca, Izmir, Turkey
Prep Biochem Biotechnol 41:94-105. 2011..such as glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PDH), 6-phosphogluconate dehydrogenase (6PGDH), and transaldolase (TAL) activities as well as ATP- and ADP-level variations of Amycolatopsis orientalis were investigated with respect to ..
- Management of maxillofacial problems in self-inflicted rifle woundsFuat Yuksel
Gulhane Military Medical Academy, Haydarpasa Hospital, Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Istanbul, Turkey
Ann Plast Surg 53:111-7. 2004..The initial anatomic reconstruction of the existing bone skeleton and the maximal use of regional tissue for cutaneous reconstruction provide an esthetic appearance that can never be duplicated by secondary reconstruction...
- Transaldolase: from biochemistry to human diseaseAnne K Samland
The Institute of Microbiology, Universitat Stuttgart, Allmandring 31, Stuttgart, Germany
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 41:1482-94. 2009The role of the enzyme transaldolase (TAL) in central metabolism, its biochemical properties, structure, and role in human disease is reviewed...
- Ultrastructural localization of antigens recognized by the monoclonal antibodies MB1, MB2, MT1, UCHL1, and TAL 1B5M G Butler
Department of Histopathology, St Bartholomew s Hospital, London, United Kingdom
Ultrastruct Pathol 12:301-5. 1988..These distributions are different from that of immunoreactivity with TAL 1B5 (anti-HLA DR), which is present both on the cell membrane and in the cytoplasm...
- Acute kidney injury in tropical acute febrile illness in a tertiary care centre--RIFLE criteria validationGopal Basu
Department of Nephrology, Christian Medical College, Vellore, India
Nephrol Dial Transplant 26:524-31. 2011Acute febrile illnesses are a common cause of tropical acute kidney injury (AKI). The incidence and severity of AKI in tropical febrile illnesses and validity of RIFLE classification are unclear.
- Comparison of recovery of airborne microorganisms in a dairy cattle facility using selective agar and thin agar layer resuscitation mediaBeth Ann Crozier-Dodson
Kansas State University, Department of Animal Sciences and Industry, Manhattan 66506 1600, USA
J Food Prot 65:1488-92. 2002Thin agar layer (TAL) medium was developed at Kansas State University to improve the resuscitation of injured cells and has been shown to result in higher recovery than is obtained with selective media alone for cold-, heat-, salt-, and ..
- Energy cost of rifle carriage in biathlon skiingK W Rundell
Sport Science and Technology Division, United States Olympic Committee, Lake Placid, NY, USA
Med Sci Sports Exerc 30:570-6. 1998Since biathlon racing involves cross-country skiing while carrying a minimum weight 3.5-kg rifle, energy cost for rifle carriage could be significant to race outcome...
- A pentamer transcriptional complex including tal-1 and retinoblastoma protein downmodulates c-kit expression in normal erythroblastsL Vitelli
Department of Hematology Oncology, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, 00161 Rome, Italy
Mol Cell Biol 20:5330-42. 2000..erythroblasts, generated in vitro by normal adult progenitors, contain a pentamer protein complex comprising the tal-1 transcription factor heterodimerized with the ubiquitous E2A protein and linked to Lmo2, Ldb1, and retinoblastoma ..
- Relationship between lymphocyte apoptosis and endotoxin translocation after thermal injury in ratsPei Yuan Xia
Department of Pharmacy and Clinical Pharmacology, Southwestern Hospital, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing 400038, China
World J Gastroenterol 8:546-50. 2002..To investigate the relationship between lymphocyte apoptosis in peripheral blood, spleen and mesenteric lymph nodes(MLN) and endotoxin translocation after thermal injury in rats...
- Acute kidney injury in the intensive care unit according to RIFLEMarlies Ostermann
Department of Intensive Care, Guy s and St Thomas Hospital, London, UK
Crit Care Med 35:1837-43; quiz 1852. 2007To apply the RIFLE criteria "risk," "injury," and "failure" for severity of acute kidney injury to patients admitted to the intensive care unit and to evaluate the significance of other prognostic factors.
- Contributions of conserved serine and tyrosine residues to catalysis, ligand binding, and cofactor processing in the active site of tyrosine ammonia lyaseAmy C Schroeder
The Donald Danforth Plant Science Center, St Louis, MO 63132, USA
Phytochemistry 69:1496-506. 2008Tyrosine ammonia lyase (TAL) catalyzes the conversion of L-tyrosine to p-coumaric acid using a 3,5-dihydro-5-methylidene-4H-imidazole-4-one (MIO) prosthetic group...
- Acute kidney injury in septic shock: clinical outcomes and impact of duration of hypotension prior to initiation of antimicrobial therapySean M Bagshaw
Division of Critical Care Medicine, University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB, Canada
Intensive Care Med 35:871-81. 2009..To describe the incidence and outcomes associated with early acute kidney injury (AKI) in septic shock and explore the association between duration from hypotension onset to effective antimicrobial therapy and AKI...
- Mutagenesis of 18 type III effectors reveals virulence function of XopZ(PXO99) in Xanthomonas oryzae pv. oryzaeCongfeng Song
Department of Genetics, Development and Cell Biology, Iowa State University, Ames, IA 50011, USA
Mol Plant Microbe Interact 23:893-902. 2010..oryzae pv. oryzae belong to a family of transcription activator-like (TAL) effectors...
- Lineage-restricted regulation of the murine SCL/TAL-1 promoterE O Bockamp
University of Cambridge, Department of Haematology, MRC Centre, UK
Blood 86:1502-14. 1995The SCL/TAL-1 gene encodes a basic helix-loop-helix transcription factor that is expressed in multipotent hematopoietic progenitors before lineage commitment...
- Vasopressin V2 receptor expression along rat, mouse, and human renal epithelia with focus on TALK Mutig
Department of Anatomy, Charite Universitatsmedizin, Berlin, Germany
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 293:F1166-77. 2007..Pronounced V(2)R signal in thick ascending limb (TAL) was corroborated functionally; phosphorylation of Na(+)-K(+)-2Cl(-) cotransporter type 2 (NKCC2) was established ..
- Tight perioperative glucose control is associated with a reduction in renal impairment and renal failure in non-diabetic cardiac surgical patientsPatrick Lecomte
Department of Anaesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, Onze Lieve Vrouw Hospital, Moorselbaan 164, 9300 Aalst, Belgium
Crit Care 12:R154. 2008..and postoperative tight control of blood glucose levels on renal function after cardiac surgery based on the Risk, Injury, Failure, Loss, and End-stage kidney failure (RIFLE) criteria, and on the need for acute postoperative dialysis.
- Anti-inflammatory effect of triterpenoic Acids of Eriobotrya japonica (Thunb.) Lindl. Leaf on rat model of chronic bronchitisJin fang Ge
School of Pharmacy, Anhui Medical University, Hefei 230032, Anhui, China
Am J Chin Med 37:309-21. 2009..Lindl. (TAL) on chronic bronchitis (CB) in rats...
- RIFLE criteria for acute kidney injury in valvular surgeryLuca Salvatore De Santo
Chair of Cardiac Surgery, University of Foggia, Foggia, Italy
J Heart Valve Dis 19:139-47; discussion 148. 2010The RIFLE classification, which defines three grades of increasing severity of acute kidney injury--risk (RIFLE R), injury (RIFLE I) and failure (RIFLE F), and two outcome classes (L, loss) and E (end-stage kidney disease)--represents a ..
- Detection of glucagon receptor mRNA in the rat proximal tubule: potential role for glucagon in the control of renal glucose transportJ Marks
Department of Physiology and Centre for Nephrology, Institute of Urology and Nephrology, Royal Free and University College Medical School, Middlesex Hospital, London, UK
Clin Sci (Lond) 104:253-8. 2003..renal tubular solute and fluid transport, although it is only thought to act directly on the thick ascending limb (TAL) and collecting duct (CD)...
- Absence of small conductance K+ channel (SK) activity in apical membranes of thick ascending limb and cortical collecting duct in ROMK (Bartter's) knockout miceMing Lu
Department of Cellular and Molecular Physiology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520 8026, USA
J Biol Chem 277:37881-7. 2002..1; Kcnj1) gene is believed to encode the apical small conductance K(+) channels (SK) of the thick ascending limb (TAL) and cortical collecting duct (CCD)...
- Contribution of acute kidney injury toward morbidity and mortality in burns: a contemporary analysisSteven G Coca
Clinical Epidemiology Research Center, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, West Haven, CT 06516, USA
Am J Kidney Dis 49:517-23. 2007..It is not known whether milder forms of AKI have prognostic importance in burns...
- Effects of abomasal infusion of linseed oil on responses to glucose and insulin in holstein cowsJ A A Pires
Department of Dairy Science, University of Wisconsin, Madison 53706, USA
J Dairy Sci 91:1378-90. 2008..design, fed to meet maintenance requirements, and infused abomasally with either linseed oil (LIN) or tallow (TAL) at a rate of 0.54 g/kg of body weight per d for 5.5 d...
- Phase 1 study of human plasma-derived plasmin (TAL-05-00018) in hemodialysis graft occlusionRichard Shlansky-Goldberg
University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Thromb Res 122:S16-9. 2008..Percutaneous intervention involves thrombolysis with plasminogen activators, mechanical removal of thrombus, and angioplasty of the stenotic lesions...
- Effect of luminal atrial natriuretic peptide on chloride reabsorption in mouse cortical thick ascending limb: inhibition by endothelinC Bailly
Department of Cellular Biology, CEA Saclay, Gif sur Yvette, France
J Am Soc Nephrol 11:1791-7. 2000..undertaken to investigate a possible effect of the peptide on chloride reabsorption (JCl) in thick ascending limb (TAL)...
- [Na-K-Cl cotransporters and "salt-sensitive" arterial hypertension]R P Garay
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 92:1033-8. 1999..of DS rats seems to be hyperactivity of cotransporter Na-K-Cl BSC1 at the thick ascending limb of Henle's loop (TAL)...
- SCL and related hemopoietic helix-loop-helix transcription factorsA R Green
Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, Royal Melbourne Hospital, Victoria, Australia
Int J Cell Cloning 10:269-76. 1992..Five members of this family (MYC, SCL, TAL-2, LYL-1 and E2A) are implicated in oncogenic events in human lymphoid tumors because of their consistent ..
- Control of erythroid cell production via caspase-mediated cleavage of transcription factor SCL/Tal-1A Zeuner
Department of Hematology and Oncology, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Rome 00161, Italy
Cell Death Differ 10:905-13. 2003SCL/Tal-1 is a helix-loop-helix (HLH) transcription factor required for blood cell development, whose abnormal expression is responsible for induction of T-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia...
- Intrarenal octreotide treatment prevents sodium retention in liver cirrhotic rats: evidence for direct effects within the thick ascending limb of Henle's loopThomas E N Jonassen
Department of Pharmacology, The Panum Institute, University of Copenhagen, 3 Blegdamsvej, Bldg 18 5, DK 2200 Copenhagen N, Denmark
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 291:F537-45. 2006..the inner stripe of the outer medulla and thereby the increased the volume of thick ascending limb of Henle's loop (TAL) epithelium found in CBL rats...
- Transcriptional link between blood and bone: the stem cell leukemia gene and its +19 stem cell enhancer are active in bone cellsJohn E Pimanda
Department of Haematology, Cambridge Institute for Medical Research, University of Cambridge, Cambridge CB2 2XY, United Kingdom
Mol Cell Biol 26:2615-25. 2006..The stem cell leukemia gene (SCL/tal 1) encodes a basic helix-loop-helix transcription factor that is essential for the normal development of blood ..
- The electromyographic activity of masseter and anterior temporalis during orofacial symptoms induced by experimental occlusal highspotJ Li
Department of Prosthodontics, Peking University School of Stomatology, Beijing, China
J Oral Rehabil 35:79-87. 2008..Then the contractile symmetry of bilateral masseter (MAL, MAR) and anterior temporalis (TAL, TAR) was measured by using an asymmetry index...
- [Perioperative modifications in kidney function]Eric Bourgeois
Departement d Anesthesie Reanimation, Hopital Saint Louis, F 75010 Paris, France
Presse Med 38:1621-9. 2009..Of the various definitions of acute renal failure, the RIFLE classification(risk of renal dysfunction, injury to the kidney, failure of kidney function, loss of kidney ..
- TAL1/SCL is downregulated upon histone deacetylase inhibition in T-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia cellsB A Cardoso
Cancer Biology Unit, Instituto de Medicina Molecular, Faculdade de Medicina da Universidade de Lisboa, Lisbon, Portugal
Leukemia 25:1578-86. 2011The transcription factor T-cell acute lymphocytic leukemia (TAL)-1 is a major T-cell oncogene associated with poor prognosis in T-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia (T-ALL)...
- Proteomic analysis of ubiquitination-associated proteins in a cisplatin-resistant human lung adenocarcinoma cell lineXia Qin
The First Affiliated Hospital of Chongqing Medical University, Chongqing, P R China
Int J Mol Med 29:791-800. 2012..laser scanning microscopy indicated that the expression levels of the E3 ubiquitin ligases RNF6, LRSAM1 and TRIM25 in A549 cells were significantly lower than those in the A549/CDDP cell line...
- ["It was me or them!": the no exit escape of a future author of psychotic double parricide]J P Bouchard
Unité pour malades difficiles UMD, laboratoire de psychologie clinique et de psychopathologie LPCP EA 4056, Universite Paris Descartes, centre hospitalier de Cadillac sur Garonne, 89, rue Cazeaux Cazalet, 33410 Cadillac sur Garonne, France
Encephale 39:115-22. 2013..One day, his father, accompanied by his mother, break into his room. He takes the rifle hidden under the mattress, and kills his father at point blank...
- Mechanical ventilation and thoracic artificial lung assistance during mechanical circulatory support with PUCA pump: in silico studyClaudio De Lazzari
C N R, Institute of Clinical Physiology, U O S of Rome, Italy National Institute of Cardiovascular Research, Bologna, Italy Electronic address
Comput Methods Programs Biomed 113:642-54. 2014..effects LVAD like pulsatile catheter (PUCA) pump and mechanical ventilatory support or thoracic artificial lung (TAL), by the hemodynamic point of view, using a numerical simulator of the human cardiovascular system...
- Celiac disease: a disorder emerging from antiquity, its evolving classification and risk, and potential new treatment paradigmsHugh J Freeman
Department of Medicine, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
Gut Liver 9:28-37. 2015..Recent therapeutic approaches are being explored that may supplement, rather than replace, gluten-free diet therapy and permit more nutritional options for future management...
- Efficient delivery of nuclease proteins for genome editing in human stem cells and primary cellsJia Liu
Shanghai Institute for Advanced Immunochemical Studies, ShanghaiTech University, Shanghai, China
Nat Protoc 10:1842-59. 2015Targeted nucleases, including zinc-finger nucleases (ZFNs), transcription activator-like (TAL) effector nucleases (TALENs) and clustered regularly interspaced short palindromic repeat (CRISPR)/CRISPR-associated protein 9 (Cas9), have ..
- Transarterial Alcohol-Lipiodol Therapy in Patients with Hepatocellular Carcinoma Using Low Alcohol ConcentrationsF Mohné
Department of Radiology, University Hospital Bonn, Germany
Rofo 188:676-83. 2016To evaluate transarterial alcohol-lipiodol therapy (TAL) with low concentrations of alcohol for the treatment of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC).
- Posttranscriptional compensation for heterozygous disruption of the kidney-specific NaK2Cl cotransporter geneNobuyuki Takahashi
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7525, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 13:604-10. 2002..a near-normal level of NKCC2 protein and no clear change in the distribution of NKCC2 in the thick ascending limb (TAL) cells...
- Tissue evaluation of immune markers in endometrial and cervical carcinomasA Ch Lazaris
Dept of Pathology, School of Medicine, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Athens, Greece
J Exp Clin Cancer Res 23:269-75. 2004..A three-step avidin-biotin immunoperoxidase staining method was applied. As primary antibodies, we used the TAL.1BS monoclonal antihuman HLA-DR alpha (alpha) chain antibody and the OPD4 mouse antihuman antibody; the latter ..
- Aberrant expression of tumor suppressor genes and their association with chimeric oncogenes in pediatric acute lymphoblastic leukemiaAnatoly M Kustanovich
Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Belarussian Research Center for Pediatric Oncology and Hematology, P O Lesnoye, Minsk 223040, Belarus
Leuk Res 29:1271-6. 2005..of p16 gene and their relationship with expression of oncogenes BCR-ABL, TEL-AML 1, MLL-AF 4, E2A-PBX 1, SIL-TAL 1 were determined in bone marrow samples of children with de novo B-lineage (n=170) and T-lineage (n=25) acute ..
- Self-inflicted submental and transoral gunshot wounds that produce nonfatal brain injuries: management and prognosisJ David Kriet
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Harborview Medical Center, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, Washington, USA
J Neurosurg 102:1029-32. 2005..of a possibly more favorable prognosis for a specific type of injury, the submental or transoral handgun or low-energy rifle wound, prompted the authors to review their experience with patients who had attempted suicide in this manner.
- Effect of practice on brain activity: an investigation in top-level rifle shootersFrancesco Di Russo
Department of Education in Sport and Human Movement, University for Human Movement, Rome, Italy
Med Sci Sports Exerc 37:1586-93. 2005..The study investigated the effect of motor experience on the brain activity associated with self-paced movement of the left and right index fingers...
- Low Na intake suppresses expression of CYP2C23 and arachidonic acid-induced inhibition of ENaCPeng Sun
Department of Pharmacology, New York Medical College, Valhalla, NY 10595, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 291:F1192-200. 2006..This suggests that CYP2C23 is expressed in the thick ascending limb (TAL) and collecting duct (CD). Na restriction significantly suppressed the expression of CYP2C23 in the TAL and CD...
- Pulsatile flow past a cylinder: an experimental model of flow in an artificial lungYu Chun Lin
Biomedical Engineering Department, The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
ASAIO J 52:614-23. 2006..this study is an experimental apparatus that serves as a model for studying blood flow in a total artificial lung (TAL), a prototype device intended to serve as a bridge to lung transplantation or that supports pulmonary function ..
- RIFLE classification in patients with acute kidney injury in need of renal replacement therapyElizabeth Maccariello
Laboratório Multidisciplinar de Pesquisa do Hospital Universitário Clementino Fraga Filho, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Intensive Care Med 33:597-605. 2007To evaluate the association of RIFLE classification with the outcomes of critically ill patients with acute kidney injury (AKI) who require renal replacement therapy (RRT).
- Pathologic findings in reintroduced Przewalski's horses (Equus caballus przewalskii) in southwestern MongoliaNadia Robert
Center for Fish and Wildlife Health, Institute of Animal Pathology, University of Berne, Langgass strasse 122, CH 3001 Berne, Switzerland
J Zoo Wildl Med 36:273-85. 2005..The species has survived because of captive breeding only. The Takhin Tal reintroduction project is run by the International Takhi Group; it is one of two projects reintroducing horses to ..
- Frontal midline theta in the pre-shot phase of rifle shooting: differences between experts and novicesM Doppelmayr
Department of Physiological Psychology, University of Salzburg, Austria
Neuropsychologia 46:1463-7. 2008In the present study the time course of frontal midline theta (Fmtheta) during the aiming period in rifle shooting was investigated...
- New and recurrent ulcerations after percutaneous achilles tendon lengthening in transmetatarsal amputationJavier La Fontaine
Podiatry Residency Program, Department of Orthopedics, Podiatry Division, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, TX 78229, USA
J Foot Ankle Surg 47:225-9. 2008..Time to heal of ulceration post-TAL was 9.4 weeks (range 3-72 weeks). For statistical analysis, we used binomial distribution for dichotomous variables...
- The influence of rifle carriage on the kinetics of human gaitS A Birrell
Brunel University, School of Engineering and Design, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UK
Ergonomics 51:816-26. 2008The influence that rifle carriage has on human gait has received little attention in the published literature. Rifle carriage has two main effects, to add load to the anterior of the body and to restrict natural arm swing patterns...
- Acute kidney injury in intensive care unit patients: a comparison between the RIFLE and the Acute Kidney Injury Network classificationsJosé António Lopes
Department of Nephrology and Renal Transplantation, Hospital de Santa Maria, Av, Prof, Egas Moniz, Lisboa 1649 035, Portugal
Crit Care 12:R110. 2008..Injury Network (AKIN) criteria versus Risk, Injury, Failure, Loss of Kidney Function, End-stage Kidney Disease (RIFLE) criteria is currently unknown...
- Restriction of Chlamydia pneumoniae replication in human dendritic cell by activation of indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenaseFlorence Njau
Department of Nephrology, Hannover Medical School, Carl Neuberg Strasse 1, 30625 Hannover, Germany
Microbes Infect 11:1002-10. 2009..anti-chlamydial activity induced by TNF-alpha and the expression of chlamydial 16S rRNA gene, euo, groEL1, ftsk and tal genes were correlated with induction of IDO...
- Comparison of recovery methods for the enumeration of injured Listeria innocua cells under isothermal and non-isothermal treatmentsFátima A Miller
Universidade Catolica Portuguesa, Escola Superior de Biotecnologia, CBQF Centro de Biotecnologia e Química Fina, Porto, Portugal
Food Microbiol 27:1112-20. 2010This study compares the feature of different media with the combination of selective with non-selective media in a TAL method for recovery of Listeria innocua cells exposed to thermal treatments...
- Impact of glycemic control on the incidence of acute kidney injury in critically ill patients: a comparison of two strategies using the RIFLE criteriaJosé Raimundo Araújo de Azevedo
Intensive Care Units of São Domingos Hospital, Dr Clementino Moura Hospital, Sao Luis, MA, Brazil
Clinics (Sao Paulo) 65:769-73. 2010To compare the renal outcome in patients submitted to two different regimens of glycemic control, using the RIFLE criteria to define acute kidney injury.
- Assembly of designer TAL effectors by Golden Gate cloningErnst Weber
Icon Genetics GmbH, Halle Saale, Germany
PLoS ONE 6:e19722. 2011..Applying this strategy, we assembled designer TALEs with new target specificities and tested their function in vivo...
- Subclinical changes in serum creatinine and mortality after coronary artery bypass graftingDaniel A Tolpin
Division of Cardiovascular Anesthesiology, The Texas Heart Institute, St Luke s Episcopal Hospital, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 143:682-688.e1. 2012..however, whether subclinical increases in serum creatinine that do not meet current Acute Kidney Injury Network or RIFLE (risk, injury, failure, loss, and end-stage kidney disease) criteria for acute renal injury are predictive of ..
- Comparing the comfort and potential military performance restriction of neck collars from the body armor of six different countriesJohn Breeze
Academic Department of Military Surgery and Trauma, Royal Centre for Defence Medicine, Birmingham Research Park, Vincent Drive, Birmingham, England B15 2SQ, UK
Mil Med 176:1274-7. 2011..It was easier to aim a rifle wearing collars with overlapping segments, especially when in the prone position...
- Effects of unilateral arytenoid lateralization technique and suture tension on airway pressure in the larynx of canine cadaversJamie R Wignall
Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, The Royal Veterinary College, University of London, London, NW1 0TU, England
Am J Vet Res 73:917-24. 2012..To evaluate effects of the arytenoid lateralization technique and suture tension on airway pressure in the canine larynx...
- [The effect of knockdown of transcription factor SCL/TAL-1 gene on the erythroid differentiation in EPO-induced K562 cell line]Rui qing Zhou
Department of Hematology and State Key Laboratory of Biotherapy, West China Hospital of Sichuan University, Chengdu 610041, China
Zhonghua Xue Ye Xue Za Zhi 33:453-6. 2012To investigate the role of transcript factor SCL/TAL-1 gene in the erythroid differentiation through the knockdown of SCL/TAL-1 mRNA by RNA interference.
- Hyperthermic perfusion during cardiopulmonary bypass and postoperative temperature are independent predictors of acute kidney injury following cardiac surgeryR F Newland
Cardiac Surgery Research and Perfusion, Flinders Medical Centre and Flinders University, Bedford Drive, South Australia, Australia
Perfusion 28:223-31. 2013..hyperthermia during CPB and the temperature upon admission to the ICU on AKI following cardiac surgery, using the RIFLE (renal Risk, Injury, Failure, Loss of renal function and End-stage renal disease) criteria...
- [Review of the knowledge on acute kidney failure in the critical patient]M Romero García
Enfermería, Unidad de Cuidados Intensivos, Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau, Barcelona, España Escuela Universitaria de Enfermería, Universidad de Barcelona, Barcelona, España Electronic address
Enferm Intensiva 24:120-30. 2013..Mortality ranges from 30% to 90%. Although there is no universally accepted definition, the RIFLE classification gives us an operational tool to define the degree of acute renal failure and to standardize the ..
- New frontier in regenerative medicine: site-specific gene correction in patient-specific induced pluripotent stem cellsZita Garate
Differentiation and Cytometry Unit, Hematopoiesis and Gene Therapy Division, Centro de Investigaciones Energeticas, Medioambientales y Tecnologicas CIEMAT, 28040 Madrid, Spain
Hum Gene Ther 24:571-83. 2013..platforms to increase homologous recombination efficiency, namely DNA nucleases (zinc finger nucleases, TAL effector nucleases, and meganucleases), is making the application of locus-specific gene therapy in human cells an ..
- The incidence and outcomes of acute kidney injury amongst patients admitted to a level I trauma unitD L Skinner
Consultant Surgeon, Level I Trauma Unit and Trauma Intensive Care, Inkosi Albert Luthuli Central Hospital, Durban, KwaZulu Natal, South Africa Electronic address
Injury 45:259-64. 2014This study aimed to identify the incidence and outcomes of patients with trauma related acute kidney injury (AKI), as defined by RIFLE criteria, at a single level I trauma centre and trauma ICU.
- Using the transverse acetabular ligament as a landmark for acetabular anteversion: an intra-operative measurementMasahiro Inoue
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Wajo Eniwa Hospital, Eniwa, Hokkaido, Japan
J Orthop Surg (Hong Kong) 21:189-94. 2013PURPOSE. To measure the transverse acetabular ligament (TAL) anteversion in hips with severe deformity, using fluoroscopy-computed tomographic navigation. METHODS. 31 hips in 10 men and 19 women aged 40 to 78 (mean, 58...
- Gene targeting in human-induced pluripotent stem cells with adenoviral vectorsKohnosuke Mitani
Gene Therapy Division, Research Center for Genomic Medicine, Saitama Medical University, Hidaka, Saitama, Japan
Methods Mol Biol 1114:163-7. 2014..higher than those by standard electroporation and equivalent to those by utilizing artificial nucleases, such as TAL effector nucleases (Aizawa et al...
- Identification of off-target cleavage sites of zinc finger nucleases and TAL effector nucleases using predictive modelsEli J Fine
Wallace H Coulter Department of Biomedical Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA, USA
Methods Mol Biol 1114:371-83. 2014..Here, we describe a method to test for nuclease cleavage at potential off-target sites predicted by bioinformatics models. ..
- RIFLE classification and mortality in obstetric patients admitted to the intensive care unit with acute kidney injury: a 3-year prospective studyEbtesam M Kamal
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine, Zagazig University, Zagazig, Egypt
Reprod Sci 21:1281-7. 2014This study is to assess the correlation of risk, injury, failure, loss, and end-stage renal failure (RIFLE) classification with hospital mortality in intensive care unit (ICU) obstetric patients and to evaluate the relation of acute ..
- The impact of acute renal failure on early and late outcomes after thoracic aortic endovascular repairJoseph D Drews
Department of Cardiac Surgery, University of Michigan Frankel Cardiovascular Center, Ann Arbor, Michigan
Ann Thorac Surg 97:2027-33; discussion 2033. 2014..This study utilized the RIFLE (risk, injury, failure) criteria to evaluate the incidence, risk factors, and late implications of AKI after TEVAR.
- Evaluation of the thin agar layer method for the recovery of pressure-injured and heat-injured Listeria monocytogenesNicolas A Lavieri
Department of Animal Science, Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa 50011 3150, USA
J Food Prot 77:828-31. 2014..The objective of this study was to evaluate the use of the thin agar layer (TAL) method for the recovery of pressure-injured and heat-injured Listeria monocytogenes in a tryptic soy broth with 0...
- MARK EDWARD WESTERMAN; Fiscal Year: 2014..uHep adjusted for urine creatinine (uHep/uCr;ng/mg) was inversely correlated with severity of AKI when scored by RIFLE criteria (based on pCr)...
- APPROACHES TO NATRIURETIC AND ANTIHYPERTENSIVE AGENTSWilliam Wechter; Fiscal Year: 2001..Based on the very high potency of LLU-alpha inhibiting the 70 pS K+ channel of TAL cells of the loop of Henle, it is now known where this receptor resides...
- Pathogenesis and Treatment of Liver Disease in Transaldolase DeficiencyAndras Perl; Fiscal Year: 2013..The preliminary results indicate that deficiency of transaldolase (TAL, encoded by the TALDO1 genomic locus), an enzyme of the pentose phosphate pathway (PPP), is an important cause of ..
- TAREK MAURICE ASHKAR; Fiscal Year: 2014..This protein has unclear functions and is expressed exclusively in thick ascending limbs (TAL) of the kidney...
- Jianghui Hou; Fiscal Year: 2016..We have found that the two claudins co-localize in the thick ascending limb (TAL), interact and form a cation-selective protein complex...
- Identify, Characterize &Regulate Intermediate Conductance K Channels in KidneyJOHN QIANG LENG; Fiscal Year: 2013..ROMK forms the 30 pS K+ recycling/secretory channel in the thick ascending limb (TAL) and collecting duct and mediates apical K recycling in TAL and net K+ secretion by aldosterone-sensitive distal ..
- International Symposium on Growth and Nutrition in Chronic Kidney DiseaseRobert H Mak; Fiscal Year: 2012..All participants should benefit from the cross- tal and interaction, which will not otherwise occur...
- MICHAEL VAN WILES; Fiscal Year: 2016..To do this, we will use TAL effector nucleases to introduce heterospecific recombinase target sites flanking the region of interest, followed ..
- Kiran Musunuru; Fiscal Year: 2016..We propose to do this in the most rigorous possible way by (1) using human genome editing with cutting-edge TAL effector nuclease (TALEN) technology to generate isogenic human pluripotent stem cell (hPSC) lines with or without ..
- Andras Perl; Fiscal Year: 2016..we identified changes in expression of genes that control key metabolic pathways: over-expression of transaldolase (TAL) which induces glutathione depletion and MHP, low expression of eNOS-interacting protein (NOSIP) that regulates ..
- Kiran Musunuru; Fiscal Year: 2016..parallel reporter assay (MPRA), to prioritize SNPs for further study;(2) use human genome editing with cutting-edge TAL effector nuclease (TALEN) technology to alter each high-priority SNP in human pluripotent stem cells (hPSCs), so as ..
- Delivery of Channel Rhodopsin for Optogenetic Control of Neurons in the CochleaDaniel J Lee; Fiscal Year: 2013..This results in channel cross-tal and the activation of neuronal populations remote from the site of the electrode...
- Richard Young; Fiscal Year: 2014..The ChIP-spec technology works by introducing a "DNA sequence specific molecular handle" comprised of a DNA binding TAL (Transcription-Activator Like) affinity tag (TAL-tag) into a cell type of interest...
- Ilya A Rybak; Fiscal Year: 2014..Smith, NINDS, NIH, intramural), mathematics, system analysis and bioengineering (Alona Ben-Tal, Massey University, NZ), and computational neuroscience and neural control (Ilya A. Rybak, Drexel University)...
- Benjamin Tycko; Fiscal Year: 2015..life stress assessed 3x in pregnancy using 24-hour Ecological Momentary Assessment (EMA) via a Personal Digi- tal Assistant (PDA)) and mood symptoms elicited by clinician interviews) predict women's stress hormone lev- els (..
- Mechanism and neurodevelopmental role of DISC 1 and NRG/ErbB signaling cross-talSAURAV RAO SESHADRI; Fiscal Year: 2010..This project aims to study the convergent mechanisms by which major susceptibility genes for schizophrenia (D1SC1, Neuregulins, and ErbB receptors) affect development and lead to disease pathophysiology. ..
- David J Segal; Fiscal Year: 2014DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Transcription activator-like (TAL) effector domains were recently discovered to be DNA binding domains...
- Philip Bradley; Fiscal Year: 2014..Recently, a novel family of bacterial repeat proteins - the transcriptional activator-like (TAL) effectors - has been discovered that recognizes DNA in a remarkably modular fashion, with each repeat targeting a ..
- Feng Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2016..of methodologies to rapidly alter genes of interest in human pluripotent stem cells (hPSCs) using engineered TAL effector nucleases (TALENs), and (c) protocols to differentiate hPSCs into cell populations with characteristics of ..
- Utilizing TALEN technology to regulate human microRNA'sRYAN O'CONNELL; Fiscal Year: 2013..We propose to develop a novel approach to controlling human microRNA genes through the use of modified TAL---effector DNA binding proteins that we will engineer to disrupt or activate microRNA genes...
- Artiodactyl Gene Modification with Tal Effector NucleasesSCOTT CHRISTOPHER FAHRENKRUG; Fiscal Year: 2012..The recently described TAL effector nucleases (TALENs) are a novel DSB-inducing platform that appears to be easier to deploy and with a ..
- An Animal Model of LRSAM1 Peripheral NeuropathyRobert W Burgess; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The goal of this proposal is to validate mutations in the mouse Lrsam1 gene as a model of human inherited peripheral neuropathy, and to determine the cellular pathway in which LRSAM1 protein functions...
- Developing resources to alleviate muscle atrophy in FSHD by genome engineeringBrian P Chadwick; Fiscal Year: 2013..advances have made possible genome engineering in human cells through custom-built zinc finger nucleases (ZFN) and TAL effector nucleases (TALEN)...
- Daniel F Voytas; Fiscal Year: 2014DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): TAL effectors are a class of proteins used by bacterial pathogens of plants to directly modulate host gene expression...
- Tsg101 - a Modulator of ErbB2 Signaling in Breast CancerKay Uwe Wagner; Fiscal Year: 2013..e. ErbB2). We will study the interaction of constitutively active Tsg101 with the ubiquitin ligase Tal as well as known members of the ESCRT complex...
- GENOMEWIDE ANALYSIS OF INTERACTIONS IN ALZHEIMER DISEASE USING NEURAL NETWORKSStephen Turner; Fiscal Year: 2010..genetic and environmental factors that Influence AD risl<because few computational methods exist that can fully tal^e advantage of the wealth of data generated In contemporary genome-wide association studies (GWAS)...
- Optimizing Treatment of Rectal Cancer Using a Markov Decision ModelGeorge J Chang; Fiscal Year: 2013..bydeveloping toxicity minimized and quality-of-life preserving strategies for the treatment of patients withrec;tal cancer...
- Scot A Wolfe; Fiscal Year: 2016..The advent of zinc finger nucleases, and more recently TAL-effector nucleases, has provided an accessible methodology for the targeted disruption of practically any gene ..
- Discovery and Functional Studies of Genes for T1D GWAS Susceptibility LociAron M Geurts; Fiscal Year: 2012..the first in the world to demonstrate targeted zinc-finger nuclease (ZFN) technology, and among the first to apply TAL Effector Nuclease technology, to target and disrupt ('knock out'), specific genes in the rat and have ..
- Statistical Software for Genetic Association StudiesROBERTO G GUTIERREZ; Fiscal Year: 2010..investigations not only of the effects of genes alone, but also of their effects in combination with environmen- tal exposures...
- Modular custom nuclease platform for genome engineering therapiesJordan Jarjour; Fiscal Year: 2012..therapies compared with previous LHE scaffolds and alternate technologies such as zinc-finger nucleases and TAL effector nucleases...
- CARLOS TORRES MORAES; Fiscal Year: 2016..To do so, we will take advantage of new developments in the field of designed nucleases. TAL-effector nucleases have emerged as highly flexible molecules that can recognize DNA regions based on a modular ..
- ALCOHOL AND CELL ADHESIONMICHAEL EDWARD CHARNESS; Fiscal Year: 2010..Because the brains of children with L1 mutations resemble those of children with tal alcohol syndrome, it is possible that inhibition of L1-mediated cell adhesion contributes to the eratogenic effects ..
- T CELL IMMUNE RESPONSE TO BREAST CARCINOMATimothy Eberlein; Fiscal Year: 1999..Tumor-infiltrating lymphocytes (TIL) isolated from solid breast tumor or tumor-associated lymphocytes (TAL) isolated from metastatic effusions that were activated with solid-phase anti-CD3 antibody and repeatedly ..
- Shengdar Tsai; Fiscal Year: 2014..to genetically engineer all types of genetic modifications by homologous recombination using engineered nucleases (TAL effector nucleases or TALENs) in human somatic and pluripotent cells and 2) to improve our ability to use TALEN-..
- Prevention of Kidney Stone Crystal RetentionJack G Kleinman; Fiscal Year: 2010..Polyanions and small to intermediate MW polymers containing other functional groups that may interfere with crys- tal attachment will be tested for their ability to inhibit calcium oxalate crystal deposition in rats treated with ..
- Nanostructured Zirconia Ceramics for Joint ProstheticsANTHONY SUTORIK; Fiscal Year: 2004..S. supplier of toughened zirconia hip joints in the U.S. but no longer produces them. Tal Materials has learned to produce large quantities of very high quality nanosized 3YSZ powders using controlled ..
- Development and Maintenance of the MEAD Software SuiteDONALD E BASHFORD; Fiscal Year: 2012..potential drug molecules are evaluated computation- ally to narrow down the number of molecules needing costly experimen- tal tests. The proposed grant will support the continued development and maintenance of MEAD.
- INTRAOPERATIVE MEASUREMENT IN CEREBRAL PALSY SURGERYRichard Lieber; Fiscal Year: 2003..prospective clinical study which compares two methods for equinus deformity correction: tendoachilles lengthening (TAL) and gastrocnemius-soleus recession (GSR, "Strayer" procedure)...
- DETAILED ANALYSIS OF SCL/TAL DIMERIZATION WITH E PROTEINAdam Goldfarb; Fiscal Year: 2001..in humans, the majority of cases ectopically express the basic helix-loop-helix (bHLH) transcription factor SCL/tal. Normally, SCL/tal promotes hematopoietic stem cell development and erythroid differentiation but is not expressed ..
- Regulation of HIV transcription by Tat and P-TEPbTSAFI PE ERY; Fiscal Year: 2004..P-TEFb (cyclin T1/CDK9) is a cellular transcription elongation factor that cooperates with the viral protein Tal to attain processive transcription of the HIV genome...
- Transcriptional Control of Hematopoietic Stem CellsEMERY BRESNICK; Fiscal Year: 2005..HoxB4, Bmi 1, beta-catenin, TAL-1 and GATA-2 transcription factors control HSC self-renewal and/or function...
- Molecular Mechanisms of Tissue Stem Cell PlasticityStuart Orkin; Fiscal Year: 2004..Aim 3 will assess whether expression of a hematopoietic (SCL/tal-1) or myogenic (MyoD) regulatory gene alters in vivo HSC or muscle stem cell plasticity...
- Child-Instruction Interactions Causal Effects on ReadingCAROL M CONNOR; Fiscal Year: 2010..1998) technology and teacher education software, Knowledge Networks on the Web (KNOW, Fishman, Marx, Best, &Tal, 2003)...
- THERAPEUTIC APPROACH TO PROTECT T CELLS FROM APOPTOSISHannah Rabinowich; Fiscal Year: 2002..applicant's preliminary studies, she hypothesizes that death receptors expressed on tumor-associated lymphocytes (TAL) are activated to initiate an apoptotic cell death of the lymphocytes interacting with ovarian cancer cells...
- Identification and Characterization of the HemangioblastGordon Keller; Fiscal Year: 2006..the proposal will investigate the molecular regulation of the hemangioblast and focus on the role of Epo/EpoR, scl/tal-1 and three newly identified genes in this developmental process...
- GORDON RESEARCH CONFERENCE--PROTEOGLYCANSTheodore Oegema; Fiscal Year: 1990..Areas to be covered should be of interest to medical scientists including investigators in biochemistry, immunology, cell biology, molecular biology, rheumatology, orthopaedics and developmen- tal biology.
- NaCI Balance and Targeted Insulin Receptor Knockout MiceCarolyn Ecelbarger; Fiscal Year: 2004..In specific aim 2, we plan to develop the thick ascending limb cell insulin receptor knock-out mouse (TAL-IR KO) and, likewise, evaluate basal NaCI transport...
- EPS: A Novel Hematopoietic Transcription FactorJohn Crispino; Fiscal Year: 2006EPS (Erythroid Partner of SCL/tal-l) is a novel protein that interacts with the basic Helix aboutLoop-Helix (bHLH) family transcription factors SCL/tal-1 (Stem Cell Leukemia) and E12...
- SCL GENE DYSREGULATION AND T CELL LEUKEMIAPeter Aplan; Fiscal Year: 1999..adapted from the investigator's abstract) Disruption and resultant dysregulation of the SCL gene (TCL-5 or tal-1), either by chromosomal translocation or by a site-specific interstitial deletion, is the most common specific ..
- Involvement of RUNX1 in Megakaryocytic DifferentiationAdam Goldfarb; Fiscal Year: 2007..is unique in that virtually all other megakaryocytic transcription factors, such as GATA-1, FOG-1, NF-E2, and SCL/tal, display shared expression in both megakaryocytic and erythroid lineages...
- REGULATION OF THE NA+ COUPLED CL- COTRANSPORTERSSteven Hebert; Fiscal Year: 2004..Increasing net NaCl reabsorption in the thick ascending limb of Henle [TAL] by hormones generating cAMP via their respective Gs-coupled receptors is a fundamental mechanism for regulating ..
- CHARACTERIZATION OF HUMAN LEUKEMIC STEM CELLSDominique Bonnet; Fiscal Year: 2003..1, GATA- 1, Hox A5, Hox B4 and SCL/tal-1), known to be involved in the early stage of hematopoietic development and/or in the physiopathology of leukemia, ..
- 4TH INTL EXPERIMENTAL SKIN CARCINOGENESIS CONFERENCEGEORGE BOWDEN; Fiscal Year: 2000..genes and gene expression that play a functional role in skin cancer development induced by important environmen- tal agents...
- POTASSIUM TRANSPORT AND ADAPTATION IN THE NEPHRONSteven Hebert; Fiscal Year: 1999..functional-regulatory properties virtually identical to the low conductance secretory KATP channel in principal and TAL cells, and provides the basis for studying the specific mechanisms involved in these regulatory processes at a ..
- Systems Engineering of Pheresis Intervention for SepsisJohn Kellum; Fiscal Year: 2009..We will also call on the expertise of two companies, one specializing in adsorbent polymer technology (MedaSorb Technologies, LLC) and the other in complex systems modeling (Immunetrics, Inc.). ..
- Biological Markers of Recovery for the KidneyJohn A Kellum; Fiscal Year: 2010..For analyses requiring serial samples and urine samples, we propose to study a subset of trial patients enrolled at 5 sites who consent to additional sample collection (208 patients) ..
- REGULATION OF RENAL CYCLOOXYGENASE-2NICHOLAS FERRERI; Fiscal Year: 2002..nephron segments, and 2) to assess the regulation of renal COX-2 by endogenous corticosteroids and phenotype of TAL and characterize cells that contain COX-2...
- Modulation of K channels in renal collecting ductWen Hui Wang; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Statistical Software for Genetic Association StudiesRoberto Gutierrez; Fiscal Year: 2007..and more ef?cient statistical methods for the analysis of case-control genetic data in the presence of environmen- tal factors, and thus bring into the mainstream better ways of detecting main genetic effects and gene-environment ..
- Genetic and Immunological Impact of the HRES-1/Rab4 Locus in SLEAndras Perl; Fiscal Year: 2008..Under Specific Aim 3, we will test the hypothesis that the HindIIIG653C allele, alone or in combination with other genetic factors of lupus-associated haplotypes, enhances the expression of HRES-1/Rab4. ..
- Renal NO synthase & blood pressureJeffrey Garvin; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MOLECULAR BIOLOGY OF TRANSALDOLASEAndras Perl; Fiscal Year: 2004DESCRIPTION (Copied from Applicant Abstract): Transaldolase (TAL) is an enzyme of the pentose phosphate pathway (PPP) which generates two essential metabolites: ribose 5-phosphate for nucleotide synthesis and NADPH for biosynthetic ..
- Mitochondrial dysfunction in patients with SLEAndras Perl; Fiscal Year: 2004..Thus, checkpoints of mitochondrial hyperpolarization could represent novel targets of pharmacological intervention in patients with SLE. ..