Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: LRSAM1
Description: leucine rich repeat and sterile alpha motif containing 1
Alias: CMT2P, RIFLE, TAL, Tsg101-associated ligase
Publications259 found, 100 shown here
- Tal, a Tsg101-specific E3 ubiquitin ligase, regulates receptor endocytosis and retrovirus buddingIdo Amit
Department of Biological Regulation, The Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot 76100, Israel
Genes Dev 18:1737-52. 2004..We report a novel protein, Tal (Tsg101-associated ligase), whose RING finger is necessary for multiple monoubiquitylation of Tsg101...
- A frameshift mutation in LRSAM1 is responsible for a dominant hereditary polyneuropathyMarian A J Weterman
Department of Genome Analysis AMC, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Hum Mol Genet 21:358-70. 2012..Two sequence variants co-segregated with the disease, and one, a 2 bp insertion in the last exon of LRSAM1, was also absent in 676 ethnicity-matched control chromosomes. This frameshift mutation (p...
- A novel LRSAM1 mutation is associated with autosomal dominant axonal Charcot-Marie-Tooth diseasePaschalis Nicolaou
Neurogenetics Department, The Cyprus Institute of Neurology and Genetics, Nicosia, Cyprus
Eur J Hum Genet 21:190-4. 2013..06. Following exclusion of several candidate genes from the region, we targeted the LRSAM1 (leucine-rich repeat and sterile alpha motif-containing 1) gene, very recently found to be associated with ..
- Mutation in the gene encoding ubiquitin ligase LRSAM1 in patients with Charcot-Marie-Tooth diseaseDuane L Guernsey
Department of Pathology, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
PLoS Genet 6:. 2010..A homozygous pathogenic variant was identified in the gene encoding leucine rich repeat and sterile alpha motif 1 (LRSAM1) by direct DNA sequencing of genes within the region in affected DNA samples...
- The lion of the union: the pelvic wound of Joshua Lawrence ChamberlainW J Harmon
Wilford Hall Medical Center, Lackland Air Force Base, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, 78250, USA
J Urol 163:713-6. 2000..In particular the most devastating injury was a rifle shot through the pelvis rupturing the bladder and urethra...
- Predictive value of RIFLE classification on prognosis of critically ill patients with acute kidney injury treated with continuous renal replacement therapyWen xiong Li
Department of Surgical Intensive Care Unit, Beijing Chaoyang Hospital, Capital Medical University, Beijing, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 122:1020-5. 2009..The recently proposed risk, injury, failure, loss, end-stage kidney disease (RIFLE) criteria for diagnosis and classification of AKI may provide a method for clinicians to decide the "optimal ..
- Medium-term follow-up of Achilles tendon lengthening in the treatment of ankle equinus in cerebral palsyFrederick R Dietz
Department of Orthopaedics Surgery, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Iowa Orthop J 26:27-32. 2006..It was hypothesized that the use of Achilles tendon lengthening (TAL) as a treatment for spastic ankle equinus during gait results in a high rate of over-weakening of the triceps surae ..
- Immunomorphometric studies of proteinuria in individual deep and superficial nephrons of ratsJ R Hoyer
Department of Pediatrics at the Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104 4318, USA
Lab Invest 80:1691-700. 2000..the uniformly abundant renal synthesis of Tamm-Horsfall protein (THP) in the thick ascending limb of Henle's loop (TAL)...
- RIFLE-based data collection/management system applied to a prospective cohort multicenter Italian study on the epidemiology of acute kidney injury in the intensive care unitFrancesco Garzotto
Departments of Intensive Care and Anesthesiology, St Bortolo Hospital, Viale Rodolfi 37, Vicenza, Italy
Blood Purif 31:159-71. 2011..The RIFLE and AKIN initiatives have provided a unifying definition for AKI, making possible large retrospective studies in ..
- Balance ability and athletic performanceCon Hrysomallis
Institute of Sport, Exercise and Active Living, School of Sport and Exercise Science, Victoria University, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Sports Med 41:221-32. 2011..Surprisingly, no studies were found that compared the balance ability of rifle shooters with other athletes...
- [Magnetic resonance imaging and pathological evaluation of vacuum sealing drainage efficacy of early treated limb gunshot]Ronggang Li
The Second Affiliated Hospital of Lanzhou University, Lanzhou Gansu, 730030, P R China
Zhongguo Xiu Fu Chong Jian Wai Ke Za Zhi 24:335-9. 2010..To evaluate the effectiveness of vacuum sealing drainage (VSD) treating the penetrating wound in porcine extremity by MRI and pathological methods so as to provide theoretical basis for future clinical use...
- Familial hypomagnesemia with hypercalciuria and nephrocalcinosis: unusual clinical associations and novel claudin16 mutation in an Egyptian familyMohammad Al-Haggar
Genetics Unit, Mansoura University Children s Hospital, Mansoura, Egypt
Clin Exp Nephrol 13:288-94. 2009..is impaired tubular resorption of magnesium and calcium in the thick ascending limb of the loop of Henle (TAL) due to a genetic defect in paracellin-1 (a tight junction protein expressed in TAL)...
- Renal dysfunction after off-pump coronary artery bypass surgery- risk factors and preventive strategiesGaurab Maitra
Consultant, Department of Anesthesiology, Perioperative Medicine and Pain, Apollo Gleneagles Hospitals, Kolkata
Indian J Anaesth 53:401-7. 2009..injury, the Acute Dialysis Quality Initiative formulated the Risk, Injury, Failure, Loss, and End-stage Kidney (RIFLE) classification...
- Balanced nitrogen economy as a flexible strategy on yield stabilizing and quality of aquatic food crops in wetland ecosystemA M Puste
Department of Agronomy, Faculty of Agriculture, Bidhan Chandra Krishi Viswavidyalaya Agricultural University Mohanpur, 741 252, Nadia, West Bengal, India
Sci China C Life Sci 48:980-7. 2005..aquatic food crops (starch and protein-rich, most popular and remunerative) in the farmers' field of low-lying 'Tal' situation of New Alluvial Zone of Indian subtropics...
- Surgical treatment for rabbits' femoral arteries subjected to gunshot wounds combining with seawater immersionPeng Liu
Department of Orthopaedics, Research Institute of Field Surgery and Daping Hospital, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing 400042, China
Chin J Traumatol 8:311-6. 2005..To investigate the surgical treatment methods and evaluate the outcome of gunshot wounds combining with seawater immersion in rabbits' femoral arteries...
- Impact of prealbumin levels on mortality in patients with acute kidney injury: an observational cohort studyJose Ramon Perez Valdivieso
Department of Anesthesia and Critical Care, Clinica Universitaria, University of Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
J Ren Nutr 18:262-8. 2008..We evaluated the prognostic value of prealbumin (transthyretin) levels in patients with acute kidney injury (AKI)...
- Protection efficiency of hearing protectors against military noise from handheld weapons and vehiclesR Pääkkönen
Tampere Regional Institute of Occupational Health, P O Box 486, FIN 33101 Tampere, Finland
Noise Health 7:11-20. 2005..Commercial and military versions of earmuff noise attenuation were measured against rifle noise...
- Wound ballistics: Minié ball vs. full metal jacketed bullets--a comparison of Civil War and Spanish-American War firearmsPaul Joseph Dougherty
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Mil Med 174:403-7. 2009..This study compares the wounding characteristics of a reproduction rifle from the American Civil War to one of the Spanish-American War using the wound profile method.
- Oligodendrocyte-specific expression and autoantigenicity of transaldolase in multiple sclerosisK Banki
Department of Pathology, State University of New York College of Medicine, Syracuse 13210
J Exp Med 180:1649-63. 1994..was cloned and found to constitute an integral part of the coding sequence of the human transaldolase gene (TAL-H)...
- Balanced nitrogen economy as a flexible strategy on yield stabilizing and quality of aquatic food crops in wetland ecosystemA M Puste
Department of Agronomy, Faculty of Agriculture, Bidhan Chandra Krishi Viswavidyalaya Agricultural University Mohanpur 741 252, Nadia, West Bengal, India
Sci China C Life Sci 48:980-7. 2005..aquatic food crops (starch and protein-rich, most popular and remunerative) in the farmers' field of low-lying 'Tal' situation of New Alluvial Zone of Indian subtropics...
- Na,K-ATPase activity in renal tubule cells from Milan hypertensive ratsM L Melzi
Department of Pediatrics, , Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Am J Hypertens 2:563-6. 1989..Na,K-ATPase activity in proximal convoluted tubules (PCT) cells and medullary thick ascending limb of Henle cells (TAL) from MHS and from the Milan normotensive rats (MNS)...
- Cloning and kidney cell-specific activity of the promoter of the murine renal Na-K-C1 cotransporter geneP Igarashi
Department of Internal Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520
J Biol Chem 271:9666-74. 1996..proximal 5'-flanking region was ligated to a luciferase reporter gene and transfected into thick ascending limb (TAL) cells, a stable cell line derived from microdissected loops of Henle of the Tg(SV40E)Bri7 mouse...
- Implications for wildlife and humans of dietary exposure to lead from fragments of lead rifle bullets in deer shot in the UKJeff Knott
Royal Society for the Protection of Birds, The Lodge, Sandy, Bedfordshire SG19 2DL, UK
Sci Total Environ 409:95-9. 2010..Recent evidence has shown that the problem extends to terrestrial ecosystems and to fragmented rifle bullets eaten by scavengers as well as shotgun pellets...
- Bicarbonate transport along the loop of Henle: molecular mechanisms and regulationGiovambattista Capasso
Chair of Nephrology, Research Center for Cardiovascular Diseases, School of Medicine, Second University of Naples, Italy
J Nephrol 15:S88-96. 2002..vivo microperfusion, perfusion in vitro of the S3 segment of the proximal tubule and of the thick ascending limb (TAL) of Henle's loop, as well as quantitative PCR performed on isolated TAL, has permitted the definition of key ..
- Preoperative estimated glomerular filtration rate and RIFLE-classified postoperative acute kidney injury predict length of stay post-coronary bypass surgery in an Australian settingE M Moore
Intensive Care Unit, St Vincent s Hospital, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Anaesth Intensive Care 38:113-21. 2010..Postoperative acute kidney injury was categorised using serum creatinine RIFLE criteria (no acute kidney injury, risk, injury and failure)...
- Initiation of murine embryonic erythropoiesis: a spatial analysisL Silver
University of Rochester Medical Center, Department of Pediatrics and Cancer Center, NY 14642, USA
Blood 89:1154-64. 1997..0). VYS erythropoiesis is decreased or abrogated by targeted disruption of the hematopoietic transcription factors tal-1, rbtn2, GATA-1, and GATA-2...
- The association of renal dysfunction and the use of aprotinin in patients undergoing congenital cardiac surgery requiring cardiopulmonary bypassAna Manrique
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Children s Hospital of Pittsburgh, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Anesth Analg 109:45-52. 2009....
- Acute kidney injury is common, parallels organ dysfunction or failure, and carries appreciable mortality in patients with major burns: a prospective exploratory cohort studyI Steinvall
The Burn Unit, Department of Hand and Plastic Surgery, Linkoping University Hospital, Garnisonsvägen, Linkoping, 58185, Sweden
Crit Care 12:R124. 2008....
- Efficacy of the thin agar layer method for the recovery of stressed Cronobacter spp. (Enterobacter sakazakii)Tareq M Osaili
Department of Nutrition and Food Technology, Faculty of Agriculture, Jordan University of Science and Technology, P O Box 3030, Irbid, 22110, Jordan
J Food Prot 73:1913-8. 2010..This study evaluated the efficacy of the thin agar layer (TAL) method for the recovery of Cronobacter cells that had been exposed to various stress conditions. Five strains of C...
- cAMP increases surface expression of NKCC2 in rat thick ascending limbs: role of VAMPPablo A Ortiz
Hypertension and Vascular Research Division, Dept of Internal Medicine, Henry Ford Hospital, 2799 W Grand Blvd, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 290:F608-16. 2006NaCl absorption by the thick ascending limb of Henle's loop (TAL) is mediated by the apical Na-K-2Cl cotransporter NKCC2. cAMP increases NaCl absorption in the TAL by stimulating NKCC2...
- Characterization of serum lysosomal enzymatic activities. II. Effect of lumpy skin disease in Egyptian cowsM A Abdalla
Department of Animal Medicine and Infectious Diseases, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Zagazig University, Egypt
Dtsch Tierarztl Wochenschr 99:347-9. 1992..lysosomal enzymes (LYE) in eight lumpy skin diseases (LSD) cows and same number of healthy ones were reported in Tal-El Baker village and Tal Alkabir centre, Ismailia province, Egypt...
- Transaldolase is essential for maintenance of the mitochondrial transmembrane potential and fertility of spermatozoaAndras Perl
Department of Medicine, College of Medicine, State University of New York, 750 East Adams Street, Syracuse, NY 13210, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:14813-8. 2006..Here, we report that male mice lacking transaldolase (TAL)(-/-) are sterile because of defective forward motility...
- ROMK is required for expression of the 70-pS K channel in the thick ascending limbMing Lu
Department of Cellular and Molecular Physiology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520 8026, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 286:F490-5. 2004Apical potassium recycling is crucial for salt transport by the thick ascending limb (TAL). Loss-of-function mutations in the K channel, ROMK (Kir1...
- Transforming genes in duck hepatic carcinoma--mht(raf) and Ha-rasH Tan
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Shanghai Cancer Institute
Sci Sin B 31:1325-32. 1988..was performed with DNAs from 2 duck primary hepatic carcinomas (DHC 40K, 9K) and 1 tumor-adjacent liver tissue (TAL, 9N). Transfectants were found from 40K, 9K and 9N DNAs...
- Pentose phosphate pathway flux analysis for glycopeptide antibiotic vancomycin production during glucose-limited cultivation of Amycolatopsis orientalisHulya Ayar-Kayali
Faculty of Science, Department of Chemistry, Biochemistry Division, University of Dokuz Eylul, Buca, Izmir, Turkey
Prep Biochem Biotechnol 41:94-105. 2011..such as glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PDH), 6-phosphogluconate dehydrogenase (6PGDH), and transaldolase (TAL) activities as well as ATP- and ADP-level variations of Amycolatopsis orientalis were investigated with respect to ..
- Management of maxillofacial problems in self-inflicted rifle woundsFuat Yuksel
Gulhane Military Medical Academy, Haydarpasa Hospital, Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Istanbul, Turkey
Ann Plast Surg 53:111-7. 2004..The initial anatomic reconstruction of the existing bone skeleton and the maximal use of regional tissue for cutaneous reconstruction provide an esthetic appearance that can never be duplicated by secondary reconstruction...
- Transaldolase: from biochemistry to human diseaseAnne K Samland
The Institute of Microbiology, Universitat Stuttgart, Allmandring 31, Stuttgart, Germany
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 41:1482-94. 2009The role of the enzyme transaldolase (TAL) in central metabolism, its biochemical properties, structure, and role in human disease is reviewed...
- Ultrastructural localization of antigens recognized by the monoclonal antibodies MB1, MB2, MT1, UCHL1, and TAL 1B5M G Butler
Department of Histopathology, St Bartholomew s Hospital, London, United Kingdom
Ultrastruct Pathol 12:301-5. 1988..These distributions are different from that of immunoreactivity with TAL 1B5 (anti-HLA DR), which is present both on the cell membrane and in the cytoplasm...
- Acute kidney injury in tropical acute febrile illness in a tertiary care centre--RIFLE criteria validationGopal Basu
Department of Nephrology, Christian Medical College, Vellore, India
Nephrol Dial Transplant 26:524-31. 2011Acute febrile illnesses are a common cause of tropical acute kidney injury (AKI). The incidence and severity of AKI in tropical febrile illnesses and validity of RIFLE classification are unclear.
- Comparison of recovery of airborne microorganisms in a dairy cattle facility using selective agar and thin agar layer resuscitation mediaBeth Ann Crozier-Dodson
Kansas State University, Department of Animal Sciences and Industry, Manhattan 66506 1600, USA
J Food Prot 65:1488-92. 2002Thin agar layer (TAL) medium was developed at Kansas State University to improve the resuscitation of injured cells and has been shown to result in higher recovery than is obtained with selective media alone for cold-, heat-, salt-, and ..
- Contributions of conserved serine and tyrosine residues to catalysis, ligand binding, and cofactor processing in the active site of tyrosine ammonia lyaseAmy C Schroeder
The Donald Danforth Plant Science Center, St Louis, MO 63132, USA
Phytochemistry 69:1496-506. 2008Tyrosine ammonia lyase (TAL) catalyzes the conversion of L-tyrosine to p-coumaric acid using a 3,5-dihydro-5-methylidene-4H-imidazole-4-one (MIO) prosthetic group...
- Acute kidney injury in intensive care unit patients: a comparison between the RIFLE and the Acute Kidney Injury Network classificationsJosé António Lopes
Department of Nephrology and Renal Transplantation, Hospital de Santa Maria, Av, Prof, Egas Moniz, Lisboa 1649 035, Portugal
Crit Care 12:R110. 2008..Injury Network (AKIN) criteria versus Risk, Injury, Failure, Loss of Kidney Function, End-stage Kidney Disease (RIFLE) criteria is currently unknown...
- Mutagenesis of 18 type III effectors reveals virulence function of XopZ(PXO99) in Xanthomonas oryzae pv. oryzaeCongfeng Song
Department of Genetics, Development and Cell Biology, Iowa State University, Ames, IA 50011, USA
Mol Plant Microbe Interact 23:893-902. 2010..oryzae pv. oryzae belong to a family of transcription activator-like (TAL) effectors...
- Acute kidney injury in septic shock: clinical outcomes and impact of duration of hypotension prior to initiation of antimicrobial therapySean M Bagshaw
Division of Critical Care Medicine, University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB, Canada
Intensive Care Med 35:871-81. 2009..To describe the incidence and outcomes associated with early acute kidney injury (AKI) in septic shock and explore the association between duration from hypotension onset to effective antimicrobial therapy and AKI...
- Acute kidney injury in the intensive care unit according to RIFLEMarlies Ostermann
Department of Intensive Care, Guy s and St Thomas Hospital, London, UK
Crit Care Med 35:1837-43; quiz 1852. 2007To apply the RIFLE criteria "risk," "injury," and "failure" for severity of acute kidney injury to patients admitted to the intensive care unit and to evaluate the significance of other prognostic factors.
- A pentamer transcriptional complex including tal-1 and retinoblastoma protein downmodulates c-kit expression in normal erythroblastsL Vitelli
Department of Hematology Oncology, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, 00161 Rome, Italy
Mol Cell Biol 20:5330-42. 2000..erythroblasts, generated in vitro by normal adult progenitors, contain a pentamer protein complex comprising the tal-1 transcription factor heterodimerized with the ubiquitous E2A protein and linked to Lmo2, Ldb1, and retinoblastoma ..
- Energy cost of rifle carriage in biathlon skiingK W Rundell
Sport Science and Technology Division, United States Olympic Committee, Lake Placid, NY, USA
Med Sci Sports Exerc 30:570-6. 1998Since biathlon racing involves cross-country skiing while carrying a minimum weight 3.5-kg rifle, energy cost for rifle carriage could be significant to race outcome...
- Relationship between lymphocyte apoptosis and endotoxin translocation after thermal injury in ratsPei Yuan Xia
Department of Pharmacy and Clinical Pharmacology, Southwestern Hospital, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing 400038, China
World J Gastroenterol 8:546-50. 2002..To investigate the relationship between lymphocyte apoptosis in peripheral blood, spleen and mesenteric lymph nodes(MLN) and endotoxin translocation after thermal injury in rats...
- Tight perioperative glucose control is associated with a reduction in renal impairment and renal failure in non-diabetic cardiac surgical patientsPatrick Lecomte
Department of Anaesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, Onze Lieve Vrouw Hospital, Moorselbaan 164, 9300 Aalst, Belgium
Crit Care 12:R154. 2008..and postoperative tight control of blood glucose levels on renal function after cardiac surgery based on the Risk, Injury, Failure, Loss, and End-stage kidney failure (RIFLE) criteria, and on the need for acute postoperative dialysis.
- Anti-inflammatory effect of triterpenoic Acids of Eriobotrya japonica (Thunb.) Lindl. Leaf on rat model of chronic bronchitisJin fang Ge
School of Pharmacy, Anhui Medical University, Hefei 230032, Anhui, China
Am J Chin Med 37:309-21. 2009..Lindl. (TAL) on chronic bronchitis (CB) in rats...
- Lineage-restricted regulation of the murine SCL/TAL-1 promoterE O Bockamp
University of Cambridge, Department of Haematology, MRC Centre, UK
Blood 86:1502-14. 1995The SCL/TAL-1 gene encodes a basic helix-loop-helix transcription factor that is expressed in multipotent hematopoietic progenitors before lineage commitment...
- RIFLE criteria for acute kidney injury in valvular surgeryLuca Salvatore De Santo
Chair of Cardiac Surgery, University of Foggia, Foggia, Italy
J Heart Valve Dis 19:139-47; discussion 148. 2010The RIFLE classification, which defines three grades of increasing severity of acute kidney injury--risk (RIFLE R), injury (RIFLE I) and failure (RIFLE F), and two outcome classes (L, loss) and E (end-stage kidney disease)--represents a ..
- Vasopressin V2 receptor expression along rat, mouse, and human renal epithelia with focus on TALK Mutig
Department of Anatomy, Charite Universitatsmedizin, Berlin, Germany
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 293:F1166-77. 2007..Pronounced V(2)R signal in thick ascending limb (TAL) was corroborated functionally; phosphorylation of Na(+)-K(+)-2Cl(-) cotransporter type 2 (NKCC2) was established ..
- Detection of glucagon receptor mRNA in the rat proximal tubule: potential role for glucagon in the control of renal glucose transportJ Marks
Department of Physiology and Centre for Nephrology, Institute of Urology and Nephrology, Royal Free and University College Medical School, Middlesex Hospital, London, UK
Clin Sci (Lond) 104:253-8. 2003..renal tubular solute and fluid transport, although it is only thought to act directly on the thick ascending limb (TAL) and collecting duct (CD)...
- Contribution of acute kidney injury toward morbidity and mortality in burns: a contemporary analysisSteven G Coca
Clinical Epidemiology Research Center, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, West Haven, CT 06516, USA
Am J Kidney Dis 49:517-23. 2007..It is not known whether milder forms of AKI have prognostic importance in burns...
- Effects of abomasal infusion of linseed oil on responses to glucose and insulin in holstein cowsJ A A Pires
Department of Dairy Science, University of Wisconsin, Madison 53706, USA
J Dairy Sci 91:1378-90. 2008..design, fed to meet maintenance requirements, and infused abomasally with either linseed oil (LIN) or tallow (TAL) at a rate of 0.54 g/kg of body weight per d for 5.5 d...
- Absence of small conductance K+ channel (SK) activity in apical membranes of thick ascending limb and cortical collecting duct in ROMK (Bartter's) knockout miceMing Lu
Department of Cellular and Molecular Physiology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520 8026, USA
J Biol Chem 277:37881-7. 2002..1; Kcnj1) gene is believed to encode the apical small conductance K(+) channels (SK) of the thick ascending limb (TAL) and cortical collecting duct (CCD)...
- Phase 1 study of human plasma-derived plasmin (TAL-05-00018) in hemodialysis graft occlusionRichard Shlansky-Goldberg
University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Thromb Res 122:S16-9. 2008..Percutaneous intervention involves thrombolysis with plasminogen activators, mechanical removal of thrombus, and angioplasty of the stenotic lesions...
- Effect of luminal atrial natriuretic peptide on chloride reabsorption in mouse cortical thick ascending limb: inhibition by endothelinC Bailly
Department of Cellular Biology, CEA Saclay, Gif sur Yvette, France
J Am Soc Nephrol 11:1791-7. 2000..undertaken to investigate a possible effect of the peptide on chloride reabsorption (JCl) in thick ascending limb (TAL)...
- [Na-K-Cl cotransporters and "salt-sensitive" arterial hypertension]R P Garay
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 92:1033-8. 1999..of DS rats seems to be hyperactivity of cotransporter Na-K-Cl BSC1 at the thick ascending limb of Henle's loop (TAL)...
- Immunogenicity of the ALLAVGATK (gp100[17-25]) peptide in HLA-A3.1 melanoma patientsC Castelli
Division of Experimental Oncology D, Istituto Nazionale Tumori, Milan, Italy
Eur J Immunol 28:1143-54. 1998..T cells were also induced from T lymphocytes purified from tumor-invaded lymph nodes (tumor-associated lymphocytes, TAL)...
- [Transcription factors and angiogenesis]F Soncin
EP 560 CNRS, Institut Pasteur de Lille, Institut de Biologie de Lille, France
Pathol Biol (Paris) 47:358-63. 1999..of the expression pattern of genes encoding these factors during embryonic development for ETS-1, ERG and FLI, SCL/TAL, GATA1 and 2, the description of the phenotype of embryos obtained after gene inactivation by homologous ..
- Defining urine output criterion for acute kidney injury in critically ill patientsEtienne Macedo
Department of Medicine, University of California San Diego, San Diego, CA, USA
Nephrol Dial Transplant 26:509-15. 2011The widespread use of RIFLE and AKIN classification systems for acute kidney injury (AKI) diagnosis and staging has established the association between AKI severity and adverse outcomes...
- In-parallel artificial lung attachment at high flows in normal and pulmonary hypertension modelsBegum Akay
Department of Surgery, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 90:259-65. 2010End-stage lung disease patients who require a thoracic artificial lung (TAL) must be extubated and rehabilitated prior to lung transplantation...
- Genomic organization and chromosomal localization of the gene TCF15 encoding the early mesodermal basic helix-loop-helix factor bHLH-EC2H Hidai
Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University Medical School, Nashville, Tennessee 37232, USA
Genomics 30:598-601. 1995..such as twist, which appear to be primarily involved in early mesodermal differentiation, and bHLH factors such as TAL-1, which have been characterized through their association with chromosomal breakpoints associated with T-cell ..
- Retained pericardial pellets for 25 years: a case reportMurat Baskurt
Department of Cardiology, Cardiology Institute, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
Turk Kardiyol Dern Ars 38:426-8. 2010..Her past medical history revealed an accidental shot from a pellet rifle by her son 25 years before, at which time no surgical intervention was planned as she had been asymptomatic.
- Molecular regulation of embryonic hematopoiesis and vascular development: a novel pathwayM H Baron
Department of Medicine, Ruttenberg Cancer Center, and Institute for Gene Therapy and Molecular Medicine, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
J Hematother Stem Cell Res 10:587-94. 2001..Despite the identification of genes, such as Flk1, SCL/tal-1, Cbfa2/Runx1/AML1, and CD34, that are expressed during the induction of primitive hematopoiesis and ..
- Modern classification of acute kidney injuryNattachai Srisawat
The CRISMA Clinical Research, Investigation, and Systems Modeling of Acute Illness Laboratory, Department of Critical Care Medicine, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
Blood Purif 29:300-7. 2010..The recent consensus definition which was proposed by the ADQI group and expanded by AKIN has brought the RIFLE criteria and staging into position as the standard definition and diagnosis of this syndrome...
- Acetabular orientation with different pelvic registration landmarksWilliam M Mihalko
Campbell Clinic Orthopaedics, InMotion Orthopaedic Research Laboratory, University of Tennessee, Memphis, Tennessee 38017, USA
Orthopedics 32:11-3. 2009..the acetabular rim at the 12-, 3-, and 9-o'clock positions were recorded, and the transverse acetabular ligament (TAL) was registered using the ends and middle of the ligament for the 3 registration points...
- Enhancement of electrolaryngeal speech by adaptive filteringC Y Espy-Wilson
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Boston University, MA 02215 2421, USA
J Speech Lang Hear Res 41:1253-64. 1998..One of the major problems with the widely used Transcutaneous Artificial Larynx (TAL) is the presence of a steady background noise caused by the leakage of acoustic energy from the TAL, its interface ..
- Electroencephalographic coherence during visuomotor performance: a comparison of cortico-cortical communication in experts and novicesSean P Deeny
Department of Kinesiology, University of Maryland, College Park, MD 20742 2611, USA
J Mot Behav 41:106-16. 2009..to determine the relation between cortico-cortical communication and visuomotor skill in 15 expert and 21 novice rifle shooters...
- Transcription activator-like type III effector AvrXa27 depends on OsTFIIAgamma5 for the activation of Xa27 transcription in rice that triggers disease resistance to Xanthomonas oryzae pv. oryzaeKeyu Gu
Temasek Life Sciences Laboratory, 1 Research Link, National University of Singapore, Singapore 117604, Republic of Singapore
Mol Plant Pathol 10:829-35. 2009The transcription activator-like (TAL) type III effector AvrXa27 from Xanthomonas oryzae pv...
- Cellular localization of THIK-1 (K(2P)13.1) and THIK-2 (K(2P)12.1) K channels in the mammalian kidneyFranziska Theilig
Institute of Anatomy, Cardio Renal Unit, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Cell Physiol Biochem 21:63-74. 2008..indicate that in rat and mouse THIK-1 and THIK-2 were expressed in the proximal tubule (PT), thick ascending limb (TAL), connecting tubule (CNT), and cortical collecting duct (CCD)...
- Costs and outcomes of acute kidney injury (AKI) following cardiac surgeryJoseph F Dasta
College of Pharmacy, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Nephrol Dial Transplant 23:1970-4. 2008..We determined costs, resource use and mortality rate of patients. We used the serum creatinine component of the RIFLE system to classify AKI.
- Functional BSND variants in essential hypertensionSaba Sile
Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee 37232 0275, USA
Am J Hypertens 20:1176-1182. 2007..Sodium chloride reabsorption in the thick ascending limb (TAL) is dependent in part on the chloride channel, ClC-Kb (encoded by CLCNKB), and its accessory subunit, barttin (..
- Acute kidney injury: not just acute renal failure anymore?Susan Dirkes
University of Michigan Health System, 6326 Sterling Dr, Newport, MI 48166, USA
Crit Care Nurse 31:37-49; quiz 50. 2011..A classification system, known as RIFLE (risk of injury, injury, failure, loss of function, and end-stage renal failure), includes specific goals for ..
- Heterologous expression of transaldolase gene Tal from Saccharomyces cerevisiae in Fusarium oxysporum for enhanced bioethanol productionJin Xia Fan
Department of Life Science and Engineering, Harbin Institute of Technology, Harbin 150001, China
Appl Biochem Biotechnol 164:1023-36. 2011..25 g g⁻¹ of rice straw. The transgenic strain of F. oxysporum cs28pCAM-Sctal4 might therefore have potential applications in industrial bioenergy production...
- Nuclease-mediated double-strand break (DSB) enhancement of small fragment homologous recombination (SFHR) gene modification in human-induced pluripotent stem cells (hiPSCs)R Geoffrey Sargent
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
Methods Mol Biol 1114:279-90. 2014..Sequence-specific endonucleases, in particular transcription activator-like (TAL) effector nucleases (TALENs), have been coupled with polynucleotide small/short DNA fragments (SDFs) to correct the ..
- The use of TALENs for nonhomologous end joining mutagenesis in silkworm and fruitflyYoko Takasu
National Institute of Agrobiological Sciences, 1 2 Owashi, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8634, Japan
Methods 69:46-57. 2014..The protocol includes assembly of specific TAL modules, in vitro synthesis of TALEN RNAs, egg microinjection and mutation detection using PCR analysis...
- Fatal laryngeal oedema in an adult from an air rifle injury, and related ballisticsNemanja Radojevic
Department of Forensic Medicine, Clinical Centre of Montenegro, Podgorica Montenegro
Med Sci Law 55:54-7. 2015..In the presented case, the victim sustained an air rifle injury to the neck...
- Experimental investigation of the mechanical properties of brain simulants used for cranial gunshot simulationMilad Soltanipour Lazarjan
Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Canterbury, Private Bag 4800, Christchurch 8041, New Zealand
Forensic Sci Int 239:73-8. 2014..Kinetic energy absorption and expansion rate of the samples caused by the impact of a bullet from .22 air rifle (AR) (average velocity (uav) of 290m/s) and ...
- Determining the incidence of drug-associated acute kidney injury in nursing home residentsSteven M Handler
Department of Biomedical Informatics, School of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA Division of Geriatric Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA Geriatric Pharmaceutical Outcomes and Geroinformatics Research and Training Program, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA Center for Pharmaceutical Policy and Prescribing, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA Center for Critical Care Nephrology, Department of Critical Care Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA Electronic address
J Am Med Dir Assoc 15:719-24. 2014..The goal of this study was to determine the incidence of drug-associated AKI using the RIFLE (Risk, Injury, Failure, Loss of kidney function, or End-Stage kidney disease) criteria in NH residents.
- Efficient one-pair experimental system for spatial resolution demonstration of prototype PET detectorsHideaki Tashima
Molecular Imaging Center, National Institute of Radiological Sciences, 4 9 1 Anagawa, Inage Ku, Chiba, Chiba, 263 8555, Japan
Radiol Phys Technol 7:379-86. 2014..We used the system to evaluate the X'tal cube PET detector with a 2-mm cubic crystal array arranged in simulated PET geometries with ring diameters of 8...
- Modular optimization of heterologous pathways for de novo synthesis of (2S)-naringenin in Escherichia coliJunjun Wu
School of Biotechnology, Jiangnan University, Wuxi, Jiangsu, China
PLoS ONE 9:e101492. 2014..7-phosphate synthase (DAHPS), chorismate mutase/prephenate dehydrogenase (CM/PDH), tyrosine ammonia lyase (TAL), 4-coumarate:CoA ligase (4CL), chalcone synthase (CHS), chalcone isomerase (CHI), malonate synthetase, and ..
- Endurance training alters skeletal muscle MCT contents in T2DM menD Opitz
Department of Molecular and Cellular Sport Medicine, Institute of Cardiovascular Research and Sport Medicine, German Sport University Cologne, Cologne, Germany
Int J Sports Med 35:1065-71. 2014..study investigates whether moderate cycling endurance training (3 times per week for 3 months) can change skele-tal muscle MCT contents in T2DM men (n=8, years=56±9, body mass index (BMI)=32±4 kg/m(2))...
- Direct regulation of E-cadherin by targeted histone methylation of TALE-SET fusion protein in cancer cellsHyun Soo Cho
Genomics Structure Research Center, Korea Research Institute of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Daejeon, 305 333, Republic of Korea
Oncotarget 6:23837-44. 2015..instead of using the FokI domain, epigenetically active domains, such as TET1 and LSD1, have been combined with TAL effector domains to regulate targeted gene expression via DNA and histone demethylation...
- Zinc oxide induces the stringent response and major reorientations in the central metabolism of Bacillus subtilisSylvie Luche
Pro MD team, Universite Joseph Fourier, CEA Grenoble, iRTSV, Laboratoire de Chimie et Biologie des Metaux, UMR CNRS CEA UJF, Grenoble, France
J Proteomics 135:170-80. 2016..MetE and MccB (cysteine metabolism), OdhA, AspB, IolD, AnsB, PdhB and YtsJ (Krebs cycle) and XylA, YqjI, Drm and Tal (pentose phosphate pathway)...
- Clinical Risk Scoring Models for Prediction of Acute Kidney Injury after Living Donor Liver Transplantation: A Retrospective Observational StudyMi Hye Park
Department of Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul, Republic of Korea
PLoS ONE 10:e0136230. 2015..logistic regression analysis was used to evaluate risk factors for the prediction of AKI as defined by the RIFLE criteria (RIFLE = risk, injury, failure, loss, end stage)...
- Combined overexpression of genes involved in pentose phosphate pathway enables enhanced D-xylose utilization by Clostridium acetobutylicumLin Jin
Key Laboratory of Synthetic Biology, Institute of Plant Physiology and Ecology, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai 200032, China Graduate University of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100049, China
J Biotechnol 173:7-9. 2014..Among all the candidate genes, the CAC1347, CAC1348, CAC1730 and CAC2880 were validated to encode genes tal, tkl, rpe and rpi, four key genes involved in PPP, respectively...
- Synthetic TAL effectors for targeted enhancement of transgene expression in plantsWusheng Liu
Department of Plant Sciences, The University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN, USA
Plant Biotechnol J 12:436-46. 2014..These results provide novel insights into the potential applications of synthetic TALEs for targeted gene activation of transgenes in plants. ..
- Modularly assembled designer TAL effector nucleases for targeted gene knockout and gene replacement in eukaryotesTing Li
Department of Genetics, Development and Cell Biology, Laurence H Baker Center for Bioinformatics and Biological Statistics, University of Nebraska, Lincoln, NE 68588, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 39:6315-25. 2011Recent studies indicate that the DNA recognition domain of transcription activator-like (TAL) effectors can be combined with the nuclease domain of FokI restriction enzyme to produce TAL effector nucleases (TALENs) that, in pairs, bind ..
- When to start dialysis in patients with acute kidney injury? When semantics and logic become entangled with expectations and beliefsNorbert Lameire
Renal Division, University Hospital Gent, 185 De Pintelaan, 9000 Gent, Belgium
Crit Care 15:171. 2011..the previous issue of Critical Care showed that early initiation of renal replacement therapy (RRT), as defined by RIFLE criteria, was not associated with a reduction in hospital mortality...
- A SiPM-based isotropic-3D PET detector X'tal cube with a three-dimensional array of 1 mm(3) crystalsTaiga Yamaya
Molecular Imaging Center, National Institute of Radiological Sciences, 4 9 1 Anagawa, Inage Ku, Chiba 263 8555, Japan
Phys Med Biol 56:6793-807. 2011We are developing a novel, general purpose isotropic-3D PET detector X'tal cube which has high spatial resolution in all three dimensions...
- Real-time monitoring of NKCC2 endocytosis by total internal reflection fluorescence (TIRF) microscopyAnkita Bachhawat Jaykumar
Hypertension and Vascular Research, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, Michigan Department of Physiology, Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan and
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 310:F183-91. 2016The apical Na-K-2Cl cotransporter (NKCC2) mediates NaCl reabsorption by the thick ascending limb (TAL). The amount of NKCC2 at the apical membrane of TAL cells is determined by exocytic delivery, recycling, and endocytosis...
- Radial versus femoral randomized investigation in ST-segment elevation acute coronary syndrome: the RIFLE-STEACS (Radial Versus Femoral Randomized Investigation in ST-Elevation Acute Coronary Syndrome) studyEnrico Romagnoli
Policlinico Casilino, Rome, Italy
J Am Coll Cardiol 60:2481-9. 2012..The purpose of this study was to assess whether transradial access for ST-segment elevation acute coronary syndrome undergoing early invasive treatment is associated with better outcome compared with conventional transfemoral access...
- Transport efficiency and workload distribution in a mathematical model of the thick ascending limbAniel Nieves-González
Department of Mathematics, Duke University, Durham, NC, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 304:F653-64. 2013The thick ascending limb (TAL) is a major NaCl reabsorbing site in the nephron...
- Design and in vitro assessment of an improved, low-resistance compliant thoracic artificial lungRebecca E Schewe
Department of Biomedical Engineering, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA
ASAIO J 58:583-9. 2012..This study investigated the impedance and gas transfer performance of a compliant TAL (cTAL). Fluid-structure interaction analysis was performed using ADINA (ADINA R&D Inc...
- Cftr controls lumen expansion and function of Kupffer's vesicle in zebrafishAdam Navis
Department of Cell Biology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Development 140:1703-12. 2013..we investigated the function of Cftr during zebrafish development by generating several cftr mutant alleles using TAL effector nucleases. We found that loss of cftr function leads to organ laterality defects...
- Viral infection modulation and neutralization by camelid nanobodiesAline Desmyter
Architecture et Fonction des Macromolecules Biologiques, Unité Mixte de Recherche 7257 Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique and Aix Marseille University, 13288 Marseille Cedex 09, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:E1371-9. 2013..Here, we produced and characterized llama nanobodies raised against the purified baseplate and the Tal protein of phage TP901-1 as tools to dissect the molecular determinants of phage TP901-1 infection...
- Swallowing and respiratory distress in hospitalized patients with bronchiolitisAlberto Maffey
Respiratory Center, Ricardo Gutierrez Children s Hospital, Gallo 1330 1425, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Dysphagia 28:582-7. 2013..Included were otherwise healthy infants in their first wheezing episode with a modified Tal clinical score between 5 and 9...
- Breaking the DNA-binding code of Ralstonia solanacearum TAL effectors provides new possibilities to generate plant resistance genes against bacterial wilt diseaseOrlando de Lange
Genetics, Department of Biology I, Ludwig Maximilians University Munich, Martinsried, Germany
New Phytol 199:773-86. 2013..the first identified member of a class of Rips with high sequence similarity to the transcription activator-like (TAL) effectors of Xanthomonas spp., collectively termed RipTALs...
- Hepcidin Lateral Flow Device for Prediction of Acute Kidney InjuryMARK EDWARD WESTERMAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..uHep adjusted for urine creatinine (uHep/uCr;ng/mg) was inversely correlated with severity of AKI when scored by RIFLE criteria (based on pCr)...
- APPROACHES TO NATRIURETIC AND ANTIHYPERTENSIVE AGENTSWilliam Wechter; Fiscal Year: 2001..Based on the very high potency of LLU-alpha inhibiting the 70 pS K+ channel of TAL cells of the loop of Henle, it is now known where this receptor resides...
- Pathogenesis and Treatment of Liver Disease in Transaldolase DeficiencyAndras Perl; Fiscal Year: 2013..The preliminary results indicate that deficiency of transaldolase (TAL, encoded by the TALDO1 genomic locus), an enzyme of the pentose phosphate pathway (PPP), is an important cause of ..
- Understanding the Function of Tamm-Horsfall Protein in Acute Kidney InjuryTAREK MAURICE ASHKAR; Fiscal Year: 2013..This protein has unclear functions and is expressed exclusively in thick ascending limbs (TAL) of the kidney...
- BIOCHEMICAL AND BIOPHYSICAL NATURE OF CLAUDIN-16 AND CLAUDIN-19 CHANNELSJianghui Hou; Fiscal Year: 2013..We have found that the two claudins co-localize in the thick ascending limb (TAL), interact and form a cation-selective protein complex...
- Identify, Characterize &Regulate Intermediate Conductance K Channels in KidneyJOHN QIANG LENG; Fiscal Year: 2013..ROMK forms the 30 pS K+ recycling/secretory channel in the thick ascending limb (TAL) and collecting duct and mediates apical K recycling in TAL and net K+ secretion by aldosterone-sensitive distal ..
- International Symposium on Growth and Nutrition in Chronic Kidney DiseaseRobert H Mak; Fiscal Year: 2012..All participants should benefit from the cross- tal and interaction, which will not otherwise occur...
- Humanization of hFcRn Mice for Physiological Evaluation of Therapeutic AntibodiesMICHAEL VAN WILES; Fiscal Year: 2013..To do this, we will use TAL effector nucleases to introduce heterospecific recombinase target sites flanking the region of interest, followed ..
- Stem Cell Models of Familial Combined HypolipidemiaKiran Musunuru; Fiscal Year: 2013..We propose to do this in the most rigorous possible way by (1) using human genome editing with cutting-edge TAL effector nuclease (TALEN) technology to generate isogenic human pluripotent stem cell (hPSC) lines with or without ..
- Metabolic control of systemic autoimmunityAndras Perl; Fiscal Year: 2012..we identified changes in expression of genes that control key metabolic pathways: over-expression of transaldolase (TAL) which induces glutathione depletion and MHP, low expression of eNOS-interacting protein (NOSIP) that regulates ..
- High-throughput screening and stem cell modeling of causal eQTL variantsKiran Musunuru; Fiscal Year: 2013..parallel reporter assay (MPRA), to prioritize SNPs for further study;(2) use human genome editing with cutting-edge TAL effector nuclease (TALEN) technology to alter each high-priority SNP in human pluripotent stem cells (hPSCs), so as ..
- Delivery of Channel Rhodopsin for Optogenetic Control of Neurons in the CochleaDaniel J Lee; Fiscal Year: 2013..This results in channel cross-tal and the activation of neuronal populations remote from the site of the electrode...
- A novel ChIP-spec technology to isolate protein complexes at unique genomic lociRichard A Young; Fiscal Year: 2013..The ChIP-spec technology works by introducing a "DNA sequence specific molecular handle" comprised of a DNA binding TAL (Transcription-Activator Like) affinity tag (TAL-tag) into a cell type of interest...
- Multiscale Model of Neural Control of BreathingIlya A Rybak; Fiscal Year: 2013..Smith, NINDS, NIH, intramural), mathematics, system analysis and bioengineering (Alona Ben-Tal, Massey University, NZ), and computational neuroscience and neural control (Ilya A. Rybak, Drexel University)...
- Prenatal stress: the epigenetic basis of maternal and perinatal effectsBenjamin Tycko; Fiscal Year: 2013..life stress assessed 3x in pregnancy using 24-hour Ecological Momentary Assessment (EMA) via a Personal Digi- tal Assistant (PDA)) and mood symptoms elicited by clinician interviews) predict women's stress hormone lev- els (..
- Mechanism and neurodevelopmental role of DISC 1 and NRG/ErbB signaling cross-talSAURAV RAO SESHADRI; Fiscal Year: 2010..This project aims to study the convergent mechanisms by which major susceptibility genes for schizophrenia (D1SC1, Neuregulins, and ErbB receptors) affect development and lead to disease pathophysiology. ..
- NextGen DNA Binding Proteins Based on TAL DomainsDavid J Segal; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Transcription activator-like (TAL) effector domains were recently discovered to be DNA binding domains...
- Prediction and Design of Nucleic Acid Recognition by Repeat ProteinsPhilip Bradley; Fiscal Year: 2013..Recently, a novel family of bacterial repeat proteins - the transcriptional activator-like (TAL) effectors - has been discovered that recognizes DNA in a remarkably modular fashion, with each repeat targeting a ..
- Utilizing TALEN technology to regulate human microRNA'sRYAN O'CONNELL; Fiscal Year: 2013..We propose to develop a novel approach to controlling human microRNA genes through the use of modified TAL---effector DNA binding proteins that we will engineer to disrupt or activate microRNA genes...
- Isogenic Human Pluripotent Stem Cell-Based Models of Human Disease MutationsCHAD ALBERT COWAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..of methodologies to rapidly alter genes of interest in human pluripotent stem cells (hPSCs) using engineered TAL effector nucleases (TALENs), and (c) protocols to differentiate hPSCs into cell populations with characteristics of ..
- Artiodactyl Gene Modification with Tal Effector NucleasesSCOTT CHRISTOPHER FAHRENKRUG; Fiscal Year: 2012..The recently described TAL effector nucleases (TALENs) are a novel DSB-inducing platform that appears to be easier to deploy and with a ..
- An Animal Model of LRSAM1 Peripheral NeuropathyRobert W Burgess; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The goal of this proposal is to validate mutations in the mouse Lrsam1 gene as a model of human inherited peripheral neuropathy, and to determine the cellular pathway in which LRSAM1 protein functions...
- Developing resources to alleviate muscle atrophy in FSHD by genome engineeringBrian P Chadwick; Fiscal Year: 2013..advances have made possible genome engineering in human cells through custom-built zinc finger nucleases (ZFN) and TAL effector nucleases (TALEN)...
- Tsg101 - a Modulator of ErbB2 Signaling in Breast CancerKay Uwe Wagner; Fiscal Year: 2013..e. ErbB2). We will study the interaction of constitutively active Tsg101 with the ubiquitin ligase Tal as well as known members of the ESCRT complex...
- DNA targeting by TAL effectorsDaniel F Voytas; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): TAL effectors are a class of proteins used by bacterial pathogens of plants to directly modulate host gene expression...
- GENOMEWIDE ANALYSIS OF INTERACTIONS IN ALZHEIMER DISEASE USING NEURAL NETWORKSStephen Turner; Fiscal Year: 2010..genetic and environmental factors that Influence AD risl<because few computational methods exist that can fully tal^e advantage of the wealth of data generated In contemporary genome-wide association studies (GWAS)...
- Optimizing Treatment of Rectal Cancer Using a Markov Decision ModelGeorge J Chang; Fiscal Year: 2013..bydeveloping toxicity minimized and quality-of-life preserving strategies for the treatment of patients withrec;tal cancer...
- Using site-specific nucleases to manipulate the zebrafish genomeScot A Wolfe; Fiscal Year: 2013..The advent of zinc finger nucleases, and more recently TAL-effector nucleases, has provided an accessible methodology for the targeted disruption of practically any gene ..
- Discovery and Functional Studies of Genes for T1D GWAS Susceptibility LociAron M Geurts; Fiscal Year: 2012..the first in the world to demonstrate targeted zinc-finger nuclease (ZFN) technology, and among the first to apply TAL Effector Nuclease technology, to target and disrupt ('knock out'), specific genes in the rat and have ..
- Statistical Software for Genetic Association StudiesROBERTO G GUTIERREZ; Fiscal Year: 2010..investigations not only of the effects of genes alone, but also of their effects in combination with environmen- tal exposures...
- Modular custom nuclease platform for genome engineering therapiesJordan Jarjour; Fiscal Year: 2012..therapies compared with previous LHE scaffolds and alternate technologies such as zinc-finger nucleases and TAL effector nucleases...
- SETTING THE STAGE FOR REPLACEMENT OF MITOCHONDRIAL GENESCARLOS TORRES MORAES; Fiscal Year: 2013..To do so, we will take advantage of new developments in the field of designed nucleases. TAL-effector nucleases have emerged as highly flexible molecules that can recognize DNA regions based on a modular ..
- ALCOHOL AND CELL ADHESIONMICHAEL EDWARD CHARNESS; Fiscal Year: 2010..Because the brains of children with L1 mutations resemble those of children with tal alcohol syndrome, it is possible that inhibition of L1-mediated cell adhesion contributes to the eratogenic effects ..
- T CELL IMMUNE RESPONSE TO BREAST CARCINOMATimothy Eberlein; Fiscal Year: 1999..Tumor-infiltrating lymphocytes (TIL) isolated from solid breast tumor or tumor-associated lymphocytes (TAL) isolated from metastatic effusions that were activated with solid-phase anti-CD3 antibody and repeatedly ..
- Improving the Efficiency of Gene Targeting Using TAL Effector NucleasesShengdar Tsai; Fiscal Year: 2013..to genetically engineer all types of genetic modifications by homologous recombination using engineered nucleases (TAL effector nucleases or TALENs) in human somatic and pluripotent cells and 2) to improve our ability to use TALEN-..
- Prevention of Kidney Stone Crystal RetentionJack G Kleinman; Fiscal Year: 2010..Polyanions and small to intermediate MW polymers containing other functional groups that may interfere with crys- tal attachment will be tested for their ability to inhibit calcium oxalate crystal deposition in rats treated with ..
- Nanostructured Zirconia Ceramics for Joint ProstheticsANTHONY SUTORIK; Fiscal Year: 2004..S. supplier of toughened zirconia hip joints in the U.S. but no longer produces them. Tal Materials has learned to produce large quantities of very high quality nanosized 3YSZ powders using controlled ..
- Development and Maintenance of the MEAD Software SuiteDONALD E BASHFORD; Fiscal Year: 2012..potential drug molecules are evaluated computation- ally to narrow down the number of molecules needing costly experimen- tal tests. The proposed grant will support the continued development and maintenance of MEAD.
- INTRAOPERATIVE MEASUREMENT IN CEREBRAL PALSY SURGERYRichard Lieber; Fiscal Year: 2003..prospective clinical study which compares two methods for equinus deformity correction: tendoachilles lengthening (TAL) and gastrocnemius-soleus recession (GSR, "Strayer" procedure)...
- DETAILED ANALYSIS OF SCL/TAL DIMERIZATION WITH E PROTEINAdam Goldfarb; Fiscal Year: 2001..in humans, the majority of cases ectopically express the basic helix-loop-helix (bHLH) transcription factor SCL/tal. Normally, SCL/tal promotes hematopoietic stem cell development and erythroid differentiation but is not expressed ..
- Regulation of HIV transcription by Tat and P-TEPbTSAFI PE ERY; Fiscal Year: 2004..P-TEFb (cyclin T1/CDK9) is a cellular transcription elongation factor that cooperates with the viral protein Tal to attain processive transcription of the HIV genome...
- Transcriptional Control of Hematopoietic Stem CellsEMERY BRESNICK; Fiscal Year: 2005..HoxB4, Bmi 1, beta-catenin, TAL-1 and GATA-2 transcription factors control HSC self-renewal and/or function...
- Molecular Mechanisms of Tissue Stem Cell PlasticityStuart Orkin; Fiscal Year: 2004..Aim 3 will assess whether expression of a hematopoietic (SCL/tal-1) or myogenic (MyoD) regulatory gene alters in vivo HSC or muscle stem cell plasticity...
- Child-Instruction Interactions Causal Effects on ReadingCAROL M CONNOR; Fiscal Year: 2010..1998) technology and teacher education software, Knowledge Networks on the Web (KNOW, Fishman, Marx, Best, &Tal, 2003)...
- THERAPEUTIC APPROACH TO PROTECT T CELLS FROM APOPTOSISHannah Rabinowich; Fiscal Year: 2002..applicant's preliminary studies, she hypothesizes that death receptors expressed on tumor-associated lymphocytes (TAL) are activated to initiate an apoptotic cell death of the lymphocytes interacting with ovarian cancer cells...
- Identification and Characterization of the HemangioblastGordon Keller; Fiscal Year: 2006..the proposal will investigate the molecular regulation of the hemangioblast and focus on the role of Epo/EpoR, scl/tal-1 and three newly identified genes in this developmental process...
- GORDON RESEARCH CONFERENCE--PROTEOGLYCANSTheodore Oegema; Fiscal Year: 1990..Areas to be covered should be of interest to medical scientists including investigators in biochemistry, immunology, cell biology, molecular biology, rheumatology, orthopaedics and developmen- tal biology.
- NaCI Balance and Targeted Insulin Receptor Knockout MiceCarolyn Ecelbarger; Fiscal Year: 2004..In specific aim 2, we plan to develop the thick ascending limb cell insulin receptor knock-out mouse (TAL-IR KO) and, likewise, evaluate basal NaCI transport...
- EPS: A Novel Hematopoietic Transcription FactorJohn Crispino; Fiscal Year: 2006EPS (Erythroid Partner of SCL/tal-l) is a novel protein that interacts with the basic Helix aboutLoop-Helix (bHLH) family transcription factors SCL/tal-1 (Stem Cell Leukemia) and E12...
- SCL GENE DYSREGULATION AND T CELL LEUKEMIAPeter Aplan; Fiscal Year: 1999..adapted from the investigator's abstract) Disruption and resultant dysregulation of the SCL gene (TCL-5 or tal-1), either by chromosomal translocation or by a site-specific interstitial deletion, is the most common specific ..
- Involvement of RUNX1 in Megakaryocytic DifferentiationAdam Goldfarb; Fiscal Year: 2007..is unique in that virtually all other megakaryocytic transcription factors, such as GATA-1, FOG-1, NF-E2, and SCL/tal, display shared expression in both megakaryocytic and erythroid lineages...
- REGULATION OF THE NA+ COUPLED CL- COTRANSPORTERSSteven Hebert; Fiscal Year: 2004..Increasing net NaCl reabsorption in the thick ascending limb of Henle [TAL] by hormones generating cAMP via their respective Gs-coupled receptors is a fundamental mechanism for regulating ..
- CHARACTERIZATION OF HUMAN LEUKEMIC STEM CELLSDominique Bonnet; Fiscal Year: 2003..1, GATA- 1, Hox A5, Hox B4 and SCL/tal-1), known to be involved in the early stage of hematopoietic development and/or in the physiopathology of leukemia, ..
- POTASSIUM TRANSPORT AND ADAPTATION IN THE NEPHRONSteven Hebert; Fiscal Year: 1999..functional-regulatory properties virtually identical to the low conductance secretory KATP channel in principal and TAL cells, and provides the basis for studying the specific mechanisms involved in these regulatory processes at a ..
- 4TH INTL EXPERIMENTAL SKIN CARCINOGENESIS CONFERENCEGEORGE BOWDEN; Fiscal Year: 2000..genes and gene expression that play a functional role in skin cancer development induced by important environmen- tal agents...
- Systems Engineering of Pheresis Intervention for SepsisJohn Kellum; Fiscal Year: 2009..We will also call on the expertise of two companies, one specializing in adsorbent polymer technology (MedaSorb Technologies, LLC) and the other in complex systems modeling (Immunetrics, Inc.). ..
- REGULATION OF RENAL CYCLOOXYGENASE-2NICHOLAS FERRERI; Fiscal Year: 2002..nephron segments, and 2) to assess the regulation of renal COX-2 by endogenous corticosteroids and phenotype of TAL and characterize cells that contain COX-2...
- Biological Markers of Recovery for the KidneyJohn A Kellum; Fiscal Year: 2010..For analyses requiring serial samples and urine samples, we propose to study a subset of trial patients enrolled at 5 sites who consent to additional sample collection (208 patients) ..
- Modulation of K channels in renal collecting ductWen Hui Wang; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Statistical Software for Genetic Association StudiesRoberto Gutierrez; Fiscal Year: 2007..and more ef?cient statistical methods for the analysis of case-control genetic data in the presence of environmen- tal factors, and thus bring into the mainstream better ways of detecting main genetic effects and gene-environment ..
- Renal NO synthase & blood pressureJeffrey Garvin; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MOLECULAR BIOLOGY OF TRANSALDOLASEAndras Perl; Fiscal Year: 2004DESCRIPTION (Copied from Applicant Abstract): Transaldolase (TAL) is an enzyme of the pentose phosphate pathway (PPP) which generates two essential metabolites: ribose 5-phosphate for nucleotide synthesis and NADPH for biosynthetic ..
- Mitochondrial dysfunction in patients with SLEAndras Perl; Fiscal Year: 2004..Thus, checkpoints of mitochondrial hyperpolarization could represent novel targets of pharmacological intervention in patients with SLE. ..