Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: LRP8
Description: LDL receptor related protein 8
Alias: APOER2, HSZ75190, LRP-8, MCI1, low-density lipoprotein receptor-related protein 8, ApoE receptor 2, low density lipoprotein receptor-related protein 8, apolipoprotein e receptor
Publications169 found, 100 shown here
- Human apolipoprotein E receptor 2. A novel lipoprotein receptor of the low density lipoprotein receptor family predominantly expressed in brainD H Kim
Tohoku University Gene Research Center, Sendai 981, Japan
J Biol Chem 271:8373-80. 1996..characterization of a human cDNA demonstrated a novel lipoprotein receptor designated apolipoprotein E receptor 2 (apoER2)...
- Identification of a novel exon in apolipoprotein E receptor 2 leading to alternatively spliced mRNAs found in cells of the vascular wall but not in neuronal tissueI Korschineck
Department of Vascular Biology and Thrombosis Research, University of Vienna, Schwarzspanierstrasse 17, Austria
J Biol Chem 276:13192-7. 2001..Four novel mRNA transcripts could be identified as isoforms of the apolipoprotein E receptor 2 (apoEr2): one form lacking three ligand binding repeats (nucleotides 497-883) but containing a novel ligand binding repeat ..
- Functional dissection of Reelin signaling by site-directed disruption of Disabled-1 adaptor binding to apolipoprotein E receptor 2: distinct roles in development and synaptic plasticityUwe Beffert
Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390, USA
J Neurosci 26:2041-52. 2006..Reelin signals by binding to two transmembrane receptors, apolipoprotein E receptor 2 (Apoer2) and very-low-density lipoprotein receptor...
- Expression and alternate splicing of apolipoprotein E receptor 2 in brainA E Clatworthy
Alzheimer Research Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston 02129, USA
Neuroscience 90:903-11. 1999..Thus, apolipoprotein E receptor 2 is the fourth apolipoprotein E receptor identified on neuronal cells...
- Reeler/Disabled-like disruption of neuronal migration in knockout mice lacking the VLDL receptor and ApoE receptor 2M Trommsdorff
Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas 75235 9046, USA
Cell 97:689-701. 1999..cell surface receptors termed very low density lipoprotein receptor (VLDLR) and apolipoprotein E receptor 2 (ApoER2)...
- Reelin is a ligand for lipoprotein receptorsG D'ARCANGELO
Department of Developmental Neurobiology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38105, USA
Neuron 24:471-9. 1999..receptors, preferably the very low-density lipoprotein receptor (VLDLR) and apolipoprotein E receptor 2 (ApoER2). Binding requires calcium, and it is inhibited in the presence of apoE...
- Localization of apolipoprotein E receptor 2 to caveolae in the plasma membraneD R Riddell
Department of Medicine, Royal Free and University College Medical School, University College London, Royal Free Campus, London NW3 2PF, United Kingdom
J Lipid Res 42:998-1002. 2001..functions, but recent experimental evidence has revealed that one such protein, apolipoprotein E receptor 2 (apoER2), has a critical role as an "outside-in" signal transducer in the brain...
- Reelin and ApoE receptors cooperate to enhance hippocampal synaptic plasticity and learningEdwin J Weeber
Division of Neuroscience, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Biol Chem 277:39944-52. 2002Two apolipoprotein E (apoE) receptors, the very low density lipoprotein (VLDL) receptor and apoE receptor 2 (apoER2), are also receptors for Reelin, a signaling protein that regulates neuronal migration during brain development...
- Binding of purified Reelin to ApoER2 and VLDLR mediates tyrosine phosphorylation of Disabled-1David Benhayon
Department of Developmental Neurobiology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, TN 38105, USA
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 112:33-45. 2003Reelin, Disabled-1 (Dab1), apolipoprotein E receptor 2 (ApoER2), and very low density lipoprotein receptor (VLDLR) participate in a signaling pathway required for layer formation during mammalian brain development...
- Differential glycosylation regulates processing of lipoprotein receptors by gamma-secretasePetra May
Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390 9046, USA
J Biol Chem 278:37386-92. 2003..The apolipoprotein E (apoE) receptor-2 (apoER2), another member of the LDL receptor family with functions in cellular signal transmission, also undergoes ..
- Premature myocardial infarction novel susceptibility locus on chromosome 1P34-36 identified by genomewide linkage analysisQing Wang
Center for Cardiovascular Genetics, Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Lerner Research Institute, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, OH 44195, USA
Am J Hum Genet 74:262-71. 2004..The present study thus identifies a novel genetic-susceptibility locus for MI and provides a framework for the ultimate cloning of a gene for the complex disease MI...
- Regulation of ApoE receptor proteolysis by ligand bindingHYANG SOOK HOE
Department of Neuroscience, Georgetown University, 3970 Reservoir Road NW, Washington, DC 20057 1464, USA
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 137:31-9. 2005Two brain receptors for apolipoprotein E (apoE), the apoE receptor 2 (apoEr2) and the very low density lipoprotein receptor (VLDLr), are important in neuronal migration during development...
- Apolipoprotein E receptor 2 interactions with the N-methyl-D-aspartate receptorHYANG SOOK HOE
Department of Neuroscience and Physiology, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC 20057 1464, USA
J Biol Chem 281:3425-31. 2006..present study, we confirmed through co-immunoprecipitation experiments an interaction between the apoE receptor, ApoEr2, and NMDAR1 through their extracellular domains...
- DAB1 and Reelin effects on amyloid precursor protein and ApoE receptor 2 trafficking and processingHYANG SOOK HOE
Department of Neuroscience, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC 20057 1464, USA
J Biol Chem 281:35176-85. 2006..We examined the effect of Dab1 on APP and apoEr2 processing in transfected cells and primary neurons...
- Platelets express three different splice variants of ApoER2 that are all involved in signalingM T T Pennings
Laboratory of Thrombosis and Haemostasis, Department of Clinical Chemistry and Hematology, UMCU Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Thromb Haemost 5:1538-44. 2007beta2-Glycoprotein I is the most relevant antigen in antiphospholipid syndrome. We have shown that binding of dimerized beta2-GPI to platelets via ApoER2' sensitizes platelets for second activating stimuli.
- The proprotein convertase PCSK9 induces the degradation of low density lipoprotein receptor (LDLR) and its closest family members VLDLR and ApoER2Steve Poirier
Laboratory of Biochemical Neuroendocrinology, Clinical Research Institute of Montreal, Montreal, Quebec H2W 1R7, Canada
J Biol Chem 283:2363-72. 2008..These include the very low density lipoprotein receptor (VLDLR) and apolipoprotein E receptor 2 (ApoER2) implicated in neuronal development and lipid metabolism...
- Protein C supports platelet binding and activation under flow: role of glycoprotein Ib and apolipoprotein E receptor 2T C White
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 97239, USA
J Thromb Haemost 6:995-1002. 2008..Binding of APC to EPCR both modifies and induces PAR-1 signaling, but it is unknown if protein C interacts with cells in an alternative manner...
- Lack of association of genetic variants in the LRP8 gene with familial and sporadic myocardial infarctionWolfgang Lieb
Medizinische Klinik II, Universitat zu Lubeck, Ratzeburger Allee 160, 23538 Lubeck, Germany
J Mol Med (Berl) 86:1163-70. 2008..Recently, an association of the LRP8 R952Q polymorphism (rs5174) with familial premature CAD/MI was reported...
- The cytoplasmic adaptor protein X11alpha and extracellular matrix protein Reelin regulate ApoE receptor 2 trafficking and cell movementS Sakura Minami
Department of Neurology, Georgetown University, 4000 Reservoir Road NW, Washington, DC 20057, USA
FASEB J 24:58-69. 2010The goal of this study was to determine the effect of X11alpha on ApoE receptor 2 (ApoEr2) trafficking and the functional significance of this interaction on cell movement in MCF 10A epithelial cells...
- Differential functions of ApoER2 and very low density lipoprotein receptor in Reelin signaling depend on differential sorting of the receptorsSarah Duit
Max F Perutz Laboratories, Vienna Biocenter, Department of Medical Biochemistry, Medical University of Vienna, Dr Bohrgasse 9 2, A 1030 Vienna, Austria
J Biol Chem 285:4896-908. 2010b>ApoER2 and very low density lipoprotein (VLDL) receptor transmit the Reelin signal into target cells of the central nervous system...
- An LRP8 variant is associated with familial and premature coronary artery disease and myocardial infarctionGong Qing Shen
Department of Molecular Cardiology, Lerner Research Institute, Center for Cardiovascular Genetics, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Am J Hum Genet 81:780-91. 2007..A nonconservative substitution, R952Q, in LRP8 was significantly associated with susceptibility to premature CAD and/or MI by use of both population-based and ..
- Functional role of lipoprotein receptors in Alzheimer's diseaseSebastian Jaeger
Institute of Physiological Chemistry and Pathobiochemistry, Molecular Neurodegeneration, Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz, Mainz, Germany
Curr Alzheimer Res 5:15-25. 2008..The LDL receptor is the prototype of this family, which also includes the VLDLR, ApoER2/LRP8, LRP1 and LRP1B, as well as Megalin/GP330, SorLA/LR11, LRP5, LRP6 and MEGF7...
- The mammalian low-density lipoprotein receptor familyM M Hussain
Department of Biochemistry, MCP Hahnemann University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19129, USA
Annu Rev Nutr 19:141-72. 1999..It is anticipated that increased knowledge about the LDL-R family members will open new avenues for the treatment of many disorders...
- Expression of mRNA of lipoprotein receptor related protein 8, low density lipoprotein receptor, and very low density lipoprotein receptor in bovine ovarian cells during follicular development and corpus luteum formation and regressionNurit Argov
Faculty of Agriculture, PO Box 12, Hebrew University, Rehovot 76 100, Israel
Mol Reprod Dev 68:169-75. 2004..This study also described for the first time, the presence of lipoprotein receptor related protein (LRP8) in granulosa cells from small antral follicles through preovulatory follicles and in theca cells from large and ..
- Interaction of beta2-glycoprotein I with members of the low density lipoprotein receptor familyM T T Pennings
Department of Haematology, University Medical Center, Utrecht University, Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Thromb Haemost 4:1680-90. 2006..by autoantibodies induces platelet activation, involving the platelet receptor apolipoprotein E receptor 2' (apoER2') a receptor belonging to the low-density lipoprotein receptor (LDL-R) family...
- Low-density lipoprotein receptor-related protein 8 gene association with egg traits in dwarf chickensJ F Yao
National Engineering Laboratory for Animal Breeding and Department of Animal Genetics and Breeding, China Agricultural University, Beijing 100193, China
Poult Sci 89:883-6. 2010Low-density lipoprotein receptor-related protein 8 (LRP8), a member of the low-density lipoprotein receptor gene family with a role in clusterin processing, was investigated as a candidate gene for egg quality-related traits...
- Structural, biochemical and signaling properties of the low-density lipoprotein receptor gene familyM M Hussain
Departments of Anatomy and Cell Biology, and Pediatrics, SUNY Downstate Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY 11203, USA
Front Biosci 6:D417-28. 2001The low-density lipoprotein (LDL) receptor (LDL-R) family members (LDL-R, LRP, megalin, VLDL-R, apoER2) bind several extra-cellular structurally dissimilar ligands and internalize them for degradation by lysosomes by a process called ..
- Alternative splicing in the ligand binding domain of mouse ApoE receptor-2 produces receptor variants binding reelin but not alpha 2-macroglobulinC Brandes
Institute of Medical Biochemistry, Department of Molecular Genetics, Biocenter and University of Vienna, A 1030 Vienna, Austria
J Biol Chem 276:22160-9. 2001LR7/8B and ApoER2 are recently discovered members of the low density lipoprotein (LDL) receptor family...
- Lipid transport in the developing bovine follicle: messenger RNA expression increases for selective uptake receptors and decreases for endocytosis receptorsNurit Argov
Faculty of Agriculture, Hebrew University, Rehovot 76 100, Israel
Biol Reprod 71:479-85. 2004..class B type 1 receptor (SRB1) and the recently described ovarian receptor, lipoprotein receptor-related protein 8 (LRP8)...
- Role of apolipoprotein E receptors in regulating the differential in vivo neurotrophic effects of apolipoprotein EI Veinbergs
Department of Neurosciences, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093 0624, USA
Exp Neurol 170:15-26. 2001..low-density lipoprotein (LDL) receptor-related protein (LRP), very low density LDL receptor (VLDL-R), LDL-R, apoE receptor 2 (apoER2), and megalin/gp330...
- FE65 interaction with the ApoE receptor ApoEr2HYANG SOOK HOE
Department of Neuroscience, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, D C 20057 1464, USA
J Biol Chem 281:24521-30. 2006..Our previous data demonstrate that the apoE receptor ApoEr2 co-precipitated with APP and suggest that there are extracellular and intracellular interactions between these two ..
- Convergence of genes implicated in Alzheimer's disease on the cerebral cholesterol shuttle: APP, cholesterol, lipoproteins, and atherosclerosisC J Carter
Neurochem Int 50:12-38. 2007..APOC1, APOC2, APOC3, APOD, APOE and LPA, cholesterol transporters ABCA1, ABCA2, lipoprotein receptors LDLR, LRP1, LRP8 and VLDLR, and the cholesterol metabolising enzymes CYP46A1 and CH25H, whose oxysterol products activate the liver ..
- LDL and cAMP cooperate to regulate the functional expression of the LRP in rat ovarian granulosa cellsSalman Azhar
Geriatric Research, Education, and Clinical Center, Department of Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System, Palo Alto, CA, USA
J Lipid Res 47:2538-50. 2006..in the expression of receptor-associated protein, a chaperone for LRP, or another lipoprotein receptor, LRP8/apoER2, in response to Bt2cAMP plus hLDL, whereas the mRNA expression of LDL receptor was reduced significantly...
- Populations of radial glial cells respond differently to reelin and neuregulin1 in a ferret model of cortical dysplasiaSylvie Poluch
Anatomy, Physiology, and Genetics, Uniformed Services University, Bethesda, Maryland, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e13709. 2010..Repairing the radial glial scaffold is not sufficient to restore neuronal migration; although reelin improves migration of neurons toward the cortical plate signaling through ApoER2/Dab1/PI3K activation, NRG1 does not.
- The Reelin receptors Apoer2 and Vldlr coordinate the patterning of Purkinje cell topography in the developing mouse cerebellumMatt Larouche
Genes and Development Research Group and Hotchkiss Brain Institute, Department of Cell Biology and Anatomy, Faculty of Medicine, The University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
PLoS ONE 3:e1653. 2008..receptors on Purkinje cells-the Very low density lipoprotein receptor (Vldlr) and apolipoprotein E receptor 2 (Apoer2). In mice null for either Reelin or double null for Vldlr and Apoer2, Purkinje cell clusters fail to disperse...
- Platelet activation by dimeric beta2-glycoprotein I requires signaling via both glycoprotein Ibalpha and apolipoprotein E receptor 2'R T Urbanus
Department of Clinical Chemistry and Haematology, University Medical Centre Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Thromb Haemost 6:1405-12. 2008..Previous work has shown that binding of dimeric beta(2)-GPI to the platelet receptors apolipoprotein E receptor 2' (ApoER2') and glycoprotein Ibalpha (GPIbalpha) mediates increased platelet activation in an in vitro thrombosis model.
- Factors maintaining normal sperm tail structure during epididymal maturation studied in Gopc-/- miceFumie Suzuki-Toyota
Department of Anatomy and Developmental Biology, Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba University, Chiba 260 8670, Japan
Biol Reprod 77:71-82. 2007..The epididymal epithelium was normal in structure and LRP8/apoER2 expression suggesting that tail abnormality is due to intrinsic sperm factors...
- Autosomal recessive lissencephaly with cerebellar hypoplasia is associated with human RELN mutationsS E Hong
Division of Neurogenetics, Department of Neurology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Institutes of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Nat Genet 26:93-6. 2000..cortical neurons by binding to the very low density lipoprotein receptor (VLDLR), the apolipoprotein E receptor 2 (ApoER2; refs 9-11 ), alpha3beta1 integrin and protocadherins...
- Rescue of the reeler phenotype in the dentate gyrus by wild-type coculture is mediated by lipoprotein receptors for Reelin and Disabled 1Shanting Zhao
Institut fur Anatomie und Zellbiologie, Albert Ludwigs Universitat Freiburg, D 79104 Freiburg, Germany
J Comp Neurol 495:1-9. 2006..induce this rescue effect and whether it is mediated via the Reelin receptors apolipoprotein E receptor 2 (ApoER2) and very-low-density lipoprotein receptor (VLDLR)...
- The E3 ubiquitin ligase IDOL induces the degradation of the low density lipoprotein receptor family members VLDLR and ApoER2Cynthia Hong
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine and the Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of California, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
J Biol Chem 285:19720-6. 2010..Here we demonstrate that Idol also targets two closely related LDLR family members, VLDLR and ApoE receptor 2 (ApoER2), proteins implicated in both neuronal development and lipid metabolism...
- Liver X receptor beta and thyroid hormone receptor alpha in brain cortical layeringXin Jie Tan
Center for Nuclear Receptors and Cell Signaling, University of Houston, Houston, TX 77204, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:12305-10. 2010..At E15.5, expression of reelin and VLDLR was similar but expression of apolipoprotein E receptor 2 (ApoER2) (the reelin receptor) was much lower in LXRbeta(-/-) than in WT mice...
- Reelin activates SRC family tyrosine kinases in neuronsHans H Bock
Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 75390, Dallas, TX, USA
Curr Biol 13:18-26. 2003..neurons requires binding to the very-low-density lipoprotein receptor (VLDLR) and the apolipoprotein E receptor-2 (apoER2)...
- Tyrosine phosphorylation of Disabled-1 is essential for Reelin-stimulated activation of Akt and Src family kinasesBryan A Ballif
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 117:152-9. 2003..The Reelin signal is transduced into the cell by the lipoprotein receptors VLDLR and ApoER2, leading to tyrosine phosphorylation of the associated intracellular adaptor protein Disabled-1 (Dab1)...
- Selenium requirements are higher for glutathione peroxidase-1 mRNA than gpx1 activity in rat testisSonja C Schriever
Department of Nutritional Sciences, University of Wisconsin, 1415 Linden Drive, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Exp Biol Med (Maywood) 234:513-21. 2009..05). qRT-PCR analysis of selenoprotein mRNA expression revealed that 21 of the 24 selenoprotein mRNAs and ApoER2 mRNA (the selenoprotein P [Sepp1] receptor) were also not regulated significantly by dietary Se status...
- Abnormal positioning of granule cells alters afferent fiber distribution in the mouse fascia dentata: morphologic evidence from reeler, apolipoprotein E receptor 2-, and very low density lipoprotein receptor knockout miceCarl Gebhardt
Department of Clinical Neuroanatomy, J W Goethe University, D 60590 Frankfurt Main, Germany
J Comp Neurol 445:278-92. 2002..These data provide further evidence for a role of granule cells in the laminar termination of commissural/associational afferents to the fascia dentata...
- Essential role of the apolipoprotein E receptor-2 in sperm developmentOlav M Andersen
Max Delbrueck Center for Molecular Medicine and Medical Faculty of the Free University, D 13125 Berlin, Germany
J Biol Chem 278:23989-95. 2003The apolipoprotein (apo) E receptor-2 (apoER2) is a member of the low density lipoprotein receptor gene family and an important regulator of neuronal migration...
- NMDA-receptor proteins are upregulated in the hippocampus of postnatal heterozygous reeler miceTomoko Isosaka
KOKORO Biology Group, Graduate School of Frontier Biosciences, Osaka University, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Brain Res 1073:11-9. 2006..In the embryonic brain, the binding of Reelin to its receptors ApoER2 and VLDLR induces subcellular events that include the activation Fyn tyrosine kinase, and plays a crucial role in ..
- Apolipoprotein receptor 2 and X11 alpha/beta mediate apolipoprotein E-induced endocytosis of amyloid-beta precursor protein and beta-secretase, leading to amyloid-beta productionXiangyuan He
Protein Studies Program, Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73104, USA
J Neurosci 27:4052-60. 2007..here evidence that the binding of lipid-carrying apolipoprotein E (ApoE) to receptor apolipoprotein E receptor 2 (ApoER2) triggers the endocytosis of APP, beta-secretase, and ApoER2 in neuroblastoma cells, leading to the production of ..
- Expression of reelin, its receptors and its intracellular signaling protein, Disabled1 in the canary brain: relationships with the song control systemJ Balthazart
Center for Cellular and Molecular Neurobiology, Behavioral Neuroendocrinology Research Group, University of Liege, Avenue de l Hopital 1 B36, Liege Sart Tilman, Belgium
Neuroscience 153:944-62. 2008..a broad distribution of the reelin protein, its mRNA and the mRNAs encoding for the reelin receptors (VLDLR and ApoER2) as well as for its intracellular signaling protein, Disabled1...
- Reelin binds alpha3beta1 integrin and inhibits neuronal migrationL Dulabon
Department of Biology and Neuroscience, Pennsylvania State University, University Park 16802, USA
Neuron 27:33-44. 2000Mice that are mutant for Reelin or Dab1, or doubly mutant for the VLDL receptor (VLDLR) and ApoE receptor 2 (ApoER2), show disorders of cerebral cortical lamination...
- Cargo of kinesin identified as JIP scaffolding proteins and associated signaling moleculesK J Verhey
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Cell Biol 152:959-70. 2001..with cytoplasmic (dual leucine zipper-bearing kinase) and transmembrane signaling molecules (the Reelin receptor, ApoER2)...
- Reelin signaling is necessary for a specific step in the migration of hindbrain efferent neuronsMireille Rossel
EPHE Quantitative Cell Biology, INSERM EMI 343, IFR 122, University Montpellier 2, 34090 Montpellier, France
Development 132:1175-85. 2005..However, examination of mice lacking both reelin receptors, ApoER2 and VLDLR, did not reveal the same phenotype, suggesting involvement of an additional reelin-binding receptor...
- Control of a kinesin-cargo linkage mechanism by JNK pathway kinasesDai Horiuchi
Department of Biology, Indiana University, Bloomington, IN 47405, USA
Curr Biol 17:1313-7. 2007..between kinesin-1 and certain vesicle membrane proteins, such as Alzheimer's APP protein and a reelin receptor ApoER2 [3, 4]. JIPs are also known to be scaffolding proteins for JNK pathway kinases [5, 6]...
- The FE65 proteins and Alzheimer's diseaseDeclan M McLoughlin
Section of Old Age Psychiatry, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, MRC Centre for Neurodegeneration Research, London, United Kingdom
J Neurosci Res 86:744-54. 2008..with two cell surface lipoproteins receptors, the low-density lipoprotein receptor-related protein (LRP) and ApoEr2, forming trimeric complexes with APP...
- Reelin, integrin and DAB1 interactions during embryonic cerebral cortical developmentRalf S Schmid
UNC Neuroscience Center and the Department of Cell and Molecular Physiology, The University of North Carolina School of Medicine, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Cereb Cortex 15:1632-6. 2005..of reelin, a site distinct from the region of reelin shown to associate with other reelin receptors such as VLDLR/ApoER2. Furthermore, Dab1, a member of the reelin signaling pathway, can complex with the cytoplasmic region of beta1 ..
- PCSK9 binds to multiple receptors and can be functionally inhibited by an EGF-A peptideLiXin Shan
Department of Cardiovascular and Metabolic Disease Research, Schering Plough Research Institute, 2015 Galloping Hill Road, K 15 1 1945, Kenilworth, NJ 07033, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 375:69-73. 2008..In addition to LDLR, we show that PCSK9 also binds directly to ApoER2 and mouse VLDLR...
- Apolipoprotein E controls ATP-binding cassette transporters in the ischemic brainAyman ElAli
Department of Neurology, University Hospital Essen, University of Duisburg Essen, Hufelandstrasse 55, D 45122 Essen, Germany
Sci Signal 3:ra72. 2010..ApoE signaled through ApoE receptor-2 (ApoER2), which was constitutively expressed on brain microvessels, to decrease c-Jun amino-terminal kinase 1 and 2 and c-..
- Modified low-density lipoproteins and high-density lipoproteins. From investigation tools to real in vivo playersElisabeth Koller
Department of Physiology, Center of Physiology and Pathophysiology, Medical University of Vienna, Austria
Pathophysiol Haemost Thromb 35:322-45. 2006..LDL and some subfractions of high-density lipoproteins (HDL) remains disputed, apoE-containing HDL(2) binds to LRP8. The nature of these interactions as well as the distinction between candidate receptor proteins was elucidated ..
- Platelet adhesion to dimeric beta-glycoprotein I under conditions of flow is mediated by at least two receptors: glycoprotein Ibalpha and apolipoprotein E receptor 2'M T T Pennings
Laboratory of Clinical Chemistry and Haematology, University Medical Centre Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Thromb Haemost 5:369-77. 2007..Dimerized beta2GPI binds to apolipoprotein E receptor 2' (apoER2') on platelets and increases platelet adhesion to collagen under conditions of flow.
- Splicing variations in the ligand-binding domain of ApoER2 results in functional differences in the binding properties to ReelinTerumasa Hibi
Department of Biomedical Science, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Nagoya City University, 3 1 Tanabe dori, Mizuho ku, Nagoya, Aichi 467 8603, Japan
Neurosci Res 63:251-8. 2009Reelin plays critical roles in brain formation by binding to apolipoprotein E receptor 2 (ApoER2) and very low-density lipoprotein receptor...
- Uptake of lipoproteins for axonal growth of sympathetic neuronsE I Posse De Chaves
Departments of Biochemistry, Cell Biology, and Medicine, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta T6G 2S2, Canada
J Biol Chem 275:19883-90. 2000..LDL receptors (LDLRs) and LR7/8B (apoER2) were present in cell bodies/proximal axons and distal axons, with LDLRs being more abundant in the former...
- Localization of ApoER2, VLDLR and Dab1 in radial glia: groundwork for a new model of reelin action during cortical developmentJuan M Luque
Instituto de Neurociencias, Universidad Miguel Hernandez, CSIC, Campus de San Juan, E 03550, San Juan de Alicante, Spain
Brain Res Dev Brain Res 140:195-203. 2003..Here we provide evidence that the reelin receptor machinery, including the lipoprotein receptors ApoER2 and VLDLR along with the cytoplasmic adaptor protein Dab1, is located in radial glia precursors whose processes ..
- Quantification of apolipoprotein E receptors in human brain-derived cell lines by real-time polymerase chain reactionShanaka Thilakawardhana
Department of Medicine, Royal Free and University College Medical School, Royal Free Campus, University College London, London NW3 2PF, UK
Neurobiol Aging 26:813-23. 2005..Expression of apoE receptor 2 (apoER2), a known signalling receptor in brain, was readily detected in SH-SY-5Y and CCF-STTG1 cells, common ..
- Low-density lipoprotein receptor-related protein 8 (LRP8) is upregulated in granulosa cells of bovine dominant follicle: molecular characterization and spatio-temporal expression studiesTania Fayad
Centre de Recherche en Reproduction Animale, Faculte de Medecine Veterinaire, Universite de Montreal, St Hyacinthe, Quebec, Canada J2S 7C6
Biol Reprod 76:466-75. 2007The low-density lipoprotein (LDL) receptor-related protein 8 (LRP8) is a member of the LDL receptor family that participates in endocytosis and signal transduction...
- Reelin signaling facilitates maturation of CA1 glutamatergic synapsesShenfeng Qiu
Department of Molecular Physiology and Biophysics, 754 Robinson Research Bldg, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN 37232 0615, USA
J Neurophysiol 97:2312-21. 2007Reelin signaling through the low-density lipoprotein receptor family members, apoliproprotein E receptor 2 (apoER2) and very-low-density lipoprotein receptor (VLDLR), plays a pivotal role in dictating neuronal lamination during embryonic ..
- The LDL receptor-related protein (LRP) family: an old family of proteins with new physiological functionsPetra May
Universitat Freiburg, Medizinische Klinik II Zentrum für Neurowissenschaften, Freiburg, Germany
Ann Med 39:219-28. 2007..transmembrane proteins (LRP1, LRP1b, megalin/LRP2, LDL receptor, very low-density lipoprotein receptor, MEGF7/LRP4, LRP8/apolipoprotein E receptor2)...
- ApoER2 expression increases Abeta production while decreasing Amyloid Precursor Protein (APP) endocytosis: Possible role in the partitioning of APP into lipid rafts and in the regulation of gamma-secretase activityRodrigo A Fuentealba
FONDAP Center for Cell Regulation and Pathology CRCP, Departamento de Biologia Celular y Molecular, Facultad de Ciencias Biologicas, Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile, Santiago, Chile
Mol Neurodegener 2:14. 2007..However, the precise mechanisms underlying these events are poorly understood. ApoER2 is a member of the low density lipoprotein receptor (LDL-R) family exhibiting slow endocytosis rate and a ..
- Proteolysis and membrane capture of F-spondin generates combinatorial guidance cues from a single moleculeSophie Zisman
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Hebrew University, Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem 91120, Israel
J Cell Biol 178:1237-49. 2007..Thus, proteolysis and membrane interaction coordinate combinatorial guidance signaling originating from a single guidance cue...
- Apolipoproteins D and E3 exert neurotrophic and synaptogenic effects in dorsal root ganglion cell culturesJ Kosacka
Institute of Anatomy, University of Leipzig, Liebigstrabetae 13, D 04103 Leipzig, Germany
Neuroscience 162:282-91. 2009..We thus assume that apolipoprotein-induced neuritogenesis in DRG cells interferes with CXCR4 signaling, and that adipocyte-derived apolipoproteins might be helpful in nerve repair...
- Reelin and apolipoprotein E receptor 2 in the embryonic and mature brain: effects of an evolutionary change in the apoER2 geneNicolas B Myant
MRC Clinical Sciences Centre, Imperial College London, Hammersmith Hospital, London W12 0NN, UK
Proc Biol Sci 277:345-51. 2010..An intraneuronal signalling pathway initiated by reelin and containing apolipoprotein E receptor 2 (apoER2) is essential for normal cortical layering, and there is strong evidence that detachment of a migrating neuron is ..
- Impact of the Reelin signaling cascade (ligands-receptors-adaptor complex) on cognition in schizophreniaPhebe Verbrugghe
Centre for Medical Research, Western Australian Institute for Medical Research, The University of Western Australia, Perth, Australia
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 159:392-404. 2012..in genes encoding proteins at the gateway of Reelin signaling: ligands RELN and APOE, their common receptors APOER2 and VLDLR, and adaptor DAB1...
- FE65 as a link between VLDLR and APP to regulate their trafficking and processingSonya B Dumanis
Department of Neuroscience, Georgetown University Medical Center, 3970 Reservoir Road NW, Washington, DC 20057 1464, USA
Mol Neurodegener 7:9. 2012..We have previously shown that FE65 interacts with the ApoE receptor, ApoER2, altering its trafficking and processing...
- Receptors involved in cell activation by antiphospholipid antibodiesKarim J Brandt
Division of Angiology and Hemostasis, University Hospital of Geneva and Faculty of Medicine, Geneva, Switzerland Electronic address
Thromb Res 132:408-13. 2013..Members of the TLR family and the platelet receptor apolipoprotein E receptor 2' (apoER2'), a receptor belonging to the low-density lipoprotein receptor (LDL-R) family, as well as GPIbα, were identified ..
- Dab2, megalin, cubilin and amnionless receptor complex might mediate intestinal endocytosis in the suckling ratMaría D Vázquez-Carretero
Departamento de Fisiologia, Facultad de Farmacia, Universidad de Sevilla, Spain
J Cell Biochem 115:510-22. 2014..the receptors that may mediate this endocytosis by studying the effects of age and diet on megalin, VLDLR, and ApoER2 expression, and that of age on the expression of cubilin and amnionless...
- Mycophenolic acid inhibits migration and invasion of gastric cancer cells via multiple molecular pathwaysBoying Dun
Guangzhou Institutes of Biomedicine and Health, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Guangzhou, China Institute of Translational Medicine, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Nanjing University of Technology, Nanjing, China Center for Biotechnology and Genomic Medicine, Medical College of Georgia, Georgia Regents University, Augusta, Georgia, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e81702. 2013..gastric cancer cell migration through down-regulation of a large number of genes (PRKCA, DOCK1, INF2, HSPA5, LRP8 and PDGFRA) and proteins (PRKCA, AKT, SRC, CD147 and MMP1) with promigratory functions as well as up-regulation of ..
- Isoform-specific binding of selenoprotein P to the β-propeller domain of apolipoprotein E receptor 2 mediates selenium supplySuguru Kurokawa
From the Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, John A Burns School of Medicine, University of Hawaii, Honolulu, Hawaii 96813 and
J Biol Chem 289:9195-207. 2014..Previous studies have shown that the longer Sepp1 isoforms bind to the low density lipoprotein receptor apoER2, but the mechanism remains unclear...
- Expression and regulation of reelin and its receptors in the enteric nervous systemMartina Böttner
Institute of Anatomy, Christian Albrechts University of Kiel, Kiel, Germany Electronic address
Mol Cell Neurosci 61:23-33. 2014..Thus we determined the expression pattern and localization of reelin in the human ENS and monitored the time course of mRNA expression of the reelin signaling system in the rat intestine as well as in GDNF treated ENS cultures...
- LRP8-Reelin-Regulated Neuronal Enhancer Signature Underlying Learning and Memory FormationFrancesca Telese
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Medicine, School of Medicine, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA Electronic address
Neuron 86:696-710. 2015..The binding of Reelin to its receptor, LRP8, triggers activation of this cohort of LRP8-Reelin-regulated neuronal (LRN) enhancers that serve as the ultimate ..
- The β-amyloid peptide compromises Reelin signaling in Alzheimer's diseaseInmaculada Cuchillo-Ibanez
Instituto de Neurociencias de Alicante, Universidad Miguel Hernandez CSIC, Sant Joan d Alacant, E 03550, Spain
Sci Rep 6:31646. 2016..protein, was associated with late Braak stages of Alzheimer's disease (AD), while expression of its receptor, ApoER2, did not change. However, Reelin-dependent induction of Dab1 phosphorylation appeared reduced in AD...
- Disabled-1 is expressed in type AII amacrine cells in the mouse retinaD S Rice
Department of Developmental Neurobiology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38105, USA
J Comp Neurol 424:327-38. 2000..Reelin binds to transmembrane receptors, including VLDLR and ApoER2, and stimulates tyrosine phosphorylation of Disabled-1 (Dab1), which associates with an NPxY motif present in the ..
- Identification of reelin-induced sites of tyrosyl phosphorylation on disabled 1L Keshvara
Department of Developmental Neurobiology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38105, USA
J Biol Chem 276:16008-14. 2001..Mice with disruptions in reelin, dab1, or both vldlr and apoER2 are ataxic, and they exhibit severe lamination defects within several brain structures...
- Gene expression profiling of differentially expressed genes in granulosa cells of bovine dominant follicles using suppression subtractive hybridizationTania Fayad
Centre de Recherche en Reproduction Animale, Faculte de Medecine Veterinaire, Universite de Montreal, St Hyacinthe, Quebec, J2S 7C6, Canada
Biol Reprod 70:523-33. 2004..For selected genes such as ApoER2, CPD, CSPG2, 14-3-3 epsilon, NR5A2/SF2, RGN/SMP30, and SERPINE2, gene expression profiles were compared by virtual ..
- Crystal structure of the human Fe65-PTB1 domainJens Radzimanowski
Heidelberg University Biochemistry Center, INF328, D 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
J Biol Chem 283:23113-20. 2008..interact with a variety of proteins, including the low density lipoprotein receptor-related protein (LRP-1), the ApoEr2 receptor, and the histone acetyltransferase Tip60...
- PCSK9 is not involved in the degradation of LDL receptors and BACE1 in the adult mouse brainMali Liu
Neurology Department, Merck Research Laboratories, West Point, PA, USA
J Lipid Res 51:2611-8. 2010..proteins in vitro, including the very low-density lipoprotein receptor (VLDLR), apolipoprotein E receptor 2 (ApoER2) and the beta-site amyloid precursor protein (APP)-cleaving enzyme 1 (BACE1), which are all highly expressed in ..
- ApoER2 function in the establishment and maintenance of retinal synaptic connectivityJustin H Trotter
Molecular Pharmacology and Physiology, USF Health Byrd Alzheimer s Institute, University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida 33613, USA
J Neurosci 31:14413-23. 2011..Reelin and apolipoprotein E (apoE), ligands of apoE receptor 2 (ApoER2), are involved in retinal development and degeneration, respectively...
- Exome-wide association study of replicable nonsynonymous variants conferring risk for alcohol dependenceLingjun Zuo
Department of Psychiatry, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06516, USA
J Stud Alcohol Drugs 74:622-5. 2013..In the present study, we scanned the whole exome in three independent samples to search for replicable risk nonsynonymous (ns) variants (ns single-nucleotide polymorphisms [nsSNPs]) for alcohol dependence...
- Beta-amyloid impairs reelin signalingInmaculada Cuchillo-Ibanez
Instituto de Neurociencias de Alicante, Universidad Miguel Hernandez Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas, Sant Joan d Alacant, Alicante, Spain
PLoS ONE 8:e72297. 2013..Binding of reelin to its receptor, mainly ApoER2 in the brain, relays the signal into the cell...
- Dab1 is required for synaptic plasticity and associative learningJustin Trotter
Department of Molecular Pharmacology and Physiology, USF Health Byrd Alzheimer s Institute, University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida 33613, Department of Cell Biology and Neuroscience and Graduate Program in Neuroscience, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, Piscataway, New Jersey 08854, and Department of Molecular and Cellular Neuroscience, Dorris Neuroscience Center, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California 92037
J Neurosci 33:15652-68. 2013..Mice that are deficient in Dab1, Reelin, or the Reelin receptors ApoER2 and VLDLR exhibit severely perturbed brain cytoarchitecture, limiting the utility of these mice for investigating ..
- Presenilin 1 mutations influence processing and trafficking of the ApoE receptor apoER2Wei Wang
Department of Geriatrics, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, AR, USA
Neurobiol Aging 49:145-153. 2017..The low-density lipoprotein (LDL)-receptor family member apoER2 is a γ-secretase substrate that has been associated with AD in several ways, including acting as a receptor for ..
- F-spondin interaction with the apolipoprotein E receptor ApoEr2 affects processing of amyloid precursor proteinHYANG SOOK HOE
Department of Neuroscience, Georgetown University Medical Center, 3970 Reservoir Road NW, Washington, DC 20057 1464, USA
Mol Cell Biol 25:9259-68. 2005..Through coimmunoprecipitation experiments, we demonstrated that F-spondin interacts with an apoE receptor (apoE receptor 2 [ApoEr2]) through the thrombospondin domain of F-spondin and the ligand binding domain of ApoEr2...
- Olfactory bulb interneurons releasing NO exhibit the Reelin receptor ApoEr2 and part of those targeted by NO express ReelinGudrun Herrmann
Department of Anatomy, University of Bern, CH3012 Bern, Switzerland
J Chem Neuroanat 36:160-9. 2008..now studied the distribution of NO sensitive guanylyl cyclase (NOsGC), Reelin and its receptor Apolipoprotein E2 (ApoEr2) in the olfactory bulb by multiple fluorescence labelling and tested whether nNOS and ApoEr2 colocalize in this ..
- Differential functions of the Apoer2 intracellular domain in selenium uptake and cell signalingIrene Masiulis
Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
Biol Chem 390:67-73. 2009Apolipoprotein E receptor 2 (Apoer2) is a multifunctional transport and signaling receptor that regulates the uptake of selenium into the mouse brain and testis through endocytosis of selenoprotein P (Sepp1)...
- Lipoprotein receptors and cholesterol in APP trafficking and proteolytic processing, implications for Alzheimer's diseaseMaria Paz Marzolo
FONDAP Center for Cell Regulation and Pathology CRCP, Departamento de Biologia Celular y Molecular, Facultad de Ciencias Biologicas, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile and MIFAB, Santiago, Chile
Semin Cell Dev Biol 20:191-200. 2009..Members of the low-density lipoprotein receptor family, including LRP, LRP1B, SorLA/LR11, and apoER2, interact with APP and regulate its endocytic trafficking...
- Selenoprotein P-expression, functions, and roles in mammalsRaymond F Burk
Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition, Department of Medicine, 1030C Medical Research Building IV, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee 37232 0252, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1790:1441-7. 2009..Hepatic synthesis of Sepp1 affects whole-body selenium content and the liver is the source of most plasma Sepp1. ApoER2, a member of the lipoprotein receptor family, binds Sepp1 and facilitates its uptake into the testis and retention ..
- Platelet-derived growth factor mediates tyrosine phosphorylation of the cytoplasmic domain of the low Density lipoprotein receptor-related protein in caveolaePhilippe Boucher
Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390 9046, USA
J Biol Chem 277:15507-13. 2002..For instance, the very low density lipoprotein receptor (VLDLR) and the apolipoprotein receptor-2 (apoER2) function in a developmental signaling pathway that regulates the lamination of cortical layers in the brain and ..
- Multiplexed, targeted gene expression profiling and genetic analysis on electronic microarraysElaine M Weidenhammer
Department of Research and Development, Nanogen, Inc, 10398 Pacific Center Ct, San Diego, CA 92121, USA
Clin Chem 48:1873-82. 2002..We developed a protocol for multiplexed gene expression profiling of mRNA targets that uses electronic field-facilitated hybridization on electronic microarrays...
- Phosphoinositide binding by the disabled-1 PTB domain is necessary for membrane localization and Reelin signal transductionPeggy C Stolt
Department of Pathology, Harvard Medical School, Brigham and Womens Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 280:9671-7. 2005..Dab1 interacts with NPXY motifs in the cytoplasmic tails of the lipoprotein receptors ApoER2 and very low density lipoprotein receptor through an amino-terminal phosphotyrosine binding (PTB) domain...
- Reelin provides an inhibitory signal in the migration of gonadotropin-releasing hormone neuronsAnna Cariboni
Department of Anatomy and Developmental Biology, University College London, London WC1E 6BT, UK
Development 132:4709-18. 2005..Only a small (approximately 5%) subpopulation of these neurons expresses one of the reelin receptors (ApoER2/Lrp8), and all GnRH neurons appear to lack the intracellular adaptor protein Dab1, suggesting that the function of ..
- Characterization of the adaptor protein ARH expression in the brain and ARH molecular interactionsMarie Germaine Mameza
Laboratory of Molecular Biology, National Institute of Mental Health, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Neurochem 103:927-41. 2007..the following binders: amyloid precursor-like protein 1, low density lipoprotein receptor-related protein (LRP) 1, LRP8, and GABA receptor-associated protein-like 1...
- Contribution of the Reelin signaling pathways to nociceptive processingAlin L Akopians
Department of Physiological Science, UCLA, Box 951606, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1606, USA
Eur J Neurosci 27:523-37. 2008....
- Deficiency of LRP8 in mice is associated with altered platelet function and prolonged time for in vivo thrombosisJason O Robertson
Department of Cell Biology, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH, USA
Thromb Res 123:644-52. 2009Our group has previously reported genetic studies associating polymorphisms in the low density lipoprotein receptor related protein 8 (LRP8) gene with myocardial infarction...
- JOACHIM J HERZ; Fiscal Year: 2016..by which ApoE promotes disease onset and progression, and to determine the role of the ApoE receptors Vldlr and Apoer2 in the process...
- Emilio B Gonzalez; Fiscal Year: 2014..receptor 4 (TLR-4), a receptor for bacterial lipopolysaccharide (LPS) and apolipoprotein E receptor 2'(apoER2') may bind 22GPI and trigger intracellular signaling in target cells...
- ApoE Receptor Biology and NeurodegenerationMary Jo Ladu; Fiscal Year: 2013..In Project 4, Dr. Rebeck will examine another brain apoE receptor, ApoER2, and determine how its processing is regulated, and define the fate of soluble apoE receptors. In Project 5, Dr...
- Sergio Fazio; Fiscal Year: 2014..Although PCSK9 primarily targets the hepatic LDLR, it may also function on other lipoprotein receptors, such as apoER2, LRP1, and VLDLR, as well as on LDLR in extra-hepatic tissues...
- Reelin signaling and mammary gland developmentEllen M Carpenter; Fiscal Year: 2010..Reelin binds to the low-density lipoprotein receptors ApoER2 and VLDLR that are expressed on the surfaces of migrating cells...
- Chieko Mineo; Fiscal Year: 2014..We have also discovered that the cell surface receptor, apolipoprotein E receptor 2 (apoER2) is required for induction of vascular dysfunction by aPL...
- ApoE and ApoER2 mediated regulation of APP metabolismPreeti Khandelwal; Fiscal Year: 2011..ApoE binds to cell surface receptors like ApoER2, to transport cholesterol and other essential lipids to the neurons...
- ApoE and ApoE receptors in the molecular mechanisms of synapse formationHYANG HOE; Fiscal Year: 2009..Apolipoprotein E receptor 2 (ApoEr2) is present at the synapse and is known to be involved in long-term potentiation and learning and memory...
- Role of Dab2IP in Brain DevelopmentRamin Homayouni; Fiscal Year: 2009..reelin, disabled-1 (Dab1), or both very low-density lipoprotein receptor (VLDLR) and apolipoprotein E receptor 2 (ApoER2) genes exhibit nearly identical histopathological abnormalities...
- Owen J McCarty; Fiscal Year: 2016..We have identified FXI as a ligand for the platelet apolipoprotein E receptor 2 (ApoER2)...
- Functions of DISC1 and APP in Cortical Development and Neuropsychiatric DisordersTracy L Young Pearse; Fiscal Year: 2010..Recent studies link classic pathways of migration involving factors such as APOER2, DAB1, and LIS1 with both APP and certain SZ-linked genes...
- A novel pathway regulating cytokine production and asthma developmentYou Wen He; Fiscal Year: 2010..We show that CD4+ T cells lacking the extracellular matrix (ECM) protein F-spondin or its receptor apoE receptor 2 (ApoER2) exhibit defective cytokine production, and asthma development is attenuated in mice lacking F-..
- John H Griffin; Fiscal Year: 2015..protein S proof of principle research) will focus on the initiation of signaling by activated protein C (APC) via apoER2 and Dabi in mice;on the structural elements of apoER2 that regulate its interactions with APC;and on a possible ..
- John H Griffin; Fiscal Year: 2016..pathway for APC, namely a "reelin-like" signaling pathway involving ligation of apolipoprotein E Receptor 2 (apoER2) that initiates signaling via the intracellular adaptor protein, disabled-1 (Dab1), and Src-family kinases (Src ..
- G William Rebeck; Fiscal Year: 2014..In this proposal, we are focusing on one of the most interesting synaptic apoE receptors, ApoER2, and its mechanism of function as a synaptic signaling molecule...
- Apolipoprotein E: Impact on Vascular Cell FunctionsDavid Hui; Fiscal Year: 2006..test the hypothesis that apoE interaction with LRP-1, heparan sulfate proteoglycans (HSPG), and apoE receptor-2 (apoER2) on smooth muscle cells inhibits migration, proliferation, and excessive matrix deposition, respectively, and ..
- Fyn modulation of APP processingG Rebeck; Fiscal Year: 2009..domains of APP and apoE receptors, affects APP processing and A? levels, and processing of the apoE receptor, ApoEr2. Dab1 also associates with Fyn kinase, and upregulation of Dab1 is found in mice carrying mutations in Fyn...
- Function of Reelin in cortical developmentGABRIELLA D ARCANGELO; Fiscal Year: 2007..by two cell surface receptors, the very low-density lipoprotein receptor (VLDLR) and apolipoprotein E receptor 2 (ApoER2), and by the intracellular adapter protein Disabled1 (Dab1)...
- Role of the JIP-1-p190RhoGEF Complex In Neuron FunctionWILLIAM ARTHUR; Fiscal Year: 2004..This adaptor interacts with members of the low-density lipoprotein receptor family. Of these receptors, ApoER2 performs a crucial role in brain development as a receptor for Reelin, a protein that is secreted in specific ..
- NUTRITIONAL AND METABOLIC SIGNIFICANCE OF SELENIUMRaymond Burk; Fiscal Year: 2003..These and other studies are proposed to evaluate the role of Se-P in protecting endothelial cells (and other cells) against oxidant substances in the extracellular space. ..
- Human Se Nutritional Requirement and Biomarkers in Health and DiseaseRaymond F Burk; Fiscal Year: 2010..All these studies are aimed at facilitating efforts to determine the health effects of selenium deficiency and to guide supplementation of the element when that is needed. ..
- The Role of Dab2 in EGFR EndocytosisAnjali Teckchandani; Fiscal Year: 2009..that binds to a number of endocytic proteins, is known to be involved in endocytosis of Megalin, Cubilin and ApoER2 receptors...
- Role of Selenoprotein P in Male FertilityGary Olson; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] Aim 3: To identify and localize Se-P-binding proteins in the testis and epididymis. [unreadable] Aim 4: To determine the molecular basis for sperm defects in Se-P null mice. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- SPERM FUNCTION IN FERTILIZATION EVENTSGary Olson; Fiscal Year: 2006..3: To determine if eFGL binding to specific sperm ligands promotes sperm death and/or death cocoon polymerization.4: To define the function of eFGL by targeted disruption of the fgl2 gene in mice. ..
- Apolipoprotein E receptors and Alzheimers diseaseG William Rebeck; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- METABOLISM OF THE VLDL RECEPTOR AND APOE RECEPTOR 2Joachim Herz; Fiscal Year: 2009..period we showed that the very-low-density lipoprotein receptor (VLDLR) and the Apolipoprotein E receptor-2 (ApoER2) function not only as transporters for cholesterol and other lipids, but also as developmentally essential ..
- APO E Receptors and Modulation of Fast Axonal TransportJoachim Herz; Fiscal Year: 2006..binds to the extracellular domains of two members of this gene family, termed VLDL receptor (VLDLR) and ApoE receptor 2 (ApoER2)...
- CNS/plasma ABeta clearance of anti-ABeta antibodyDavid Holtzman; Fiscal Year: 2003..This will determine how anti-Abeta antibodies influence CNS/plasma Abeta transport exchanges. ..
- APOE EFFECT ON CNS NEURONS--ROLE OF LRPDavid Holtzman; Fiscal Year: 2003..These studies with physiological preparations of apoE as well as both in vivo and in vitro models should provide new insights into mechanisms underlying the link between apoE, LRP, ABeta, and Alzheimer's disease. ..