Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: LPP
Description: LIM domain containing preferred translocation partner in lipoma
Alias: lipoma-preferred partner, LIM protein, lipoma preferred partner
Publications282 found, 100 shown here
- Evaluation of inflammatory infiltrate and fibrogenic cytokines in pseudopelade of Brocq suggests the involvement of T-helper 2 and 3 cytokinesS Moretti
2nd Dermatology Clinic, Department of Dermatological Sciences, University of Florence, Azienda Sanitaria di Firenze, Via della Pergola 60, 50121 Florence, Italy
Br J Dermatol 151:84-90. 2004..It may represent either a distinct entity, i.e. an idiopathic primary scarring alopecia, or the end stage of various forms of scarring alopecia such as discoid lupus erythematosus (DLE) or lichen planopilaris (LPP).
- Nuclear import of LASP-1 is regulated by phosphorylation and dynamic protein-protein interactionsS Mihlan
Institute of Clinical Biochemistry and Pathobiochemistry, University Clinic of Wuerzburg, Wuerzburg, Germany
Oncogene 32:2107-13. 2013..Finally, dephosphorylation of LASP-1 by phosphatase PP2B is suggested to relocalize the protein back to focal contacts. In summary, we define a new pathway for LASP-1 in tumor progression...
- Identification of cellular proteins required for replication of human immunodeficiency virus type 1Natallia Dziuba
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, USA
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 28:1329-39. 2012..However, the genes presented in this study did not share identity with those found previously. Novel antiviral targets identified in this study should open new avenues for mechanistic investigation...
- The LIMD1 protein bridges an association between the prolyl hydroxylases and VHL to repress HIF-1 activityDaniel E Foxler
School of Biomedical Sciences, University of Nottingham, Queen s Medical Centre, NG7 2UH, UK
Nat Cell Biol 14:201-8. 2012..LIMD1 family member proteins Ajuba and WTIP also bind to VHL and PHDs 1 and 3, indicating that these LIM domain-containing proteins represent a previously unrecognized group of hypoxic regulators...
- LPP, the preferred fusion partner gene of HMGIC in lipomas, is a novel member of the LIM protein gene familyM M Petit
Laboratory for Molecular Oncology, Center for Human Genetics, University of Leuven and Flanders Interuniversity Institute for Biotechnology, Herestraat 49, Leuven, B 3000, Belgium
Genomics 36:118-29. 1996..characterization of the chromosome 3-derived translocation partner gene, which we have designated LPP (lipoma preferred partner gene)...
- Expression of reciprocal fusion transcripts of the HMGIC and LPP genes in parosteal lipomaM M Petit
Laboratory for Molecular Oncology, University of Leuven, Belgium
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 106:18-23. 1998..Recently, we established that the genes HMGIC at 12q15 and LPP at 3q27-28 are affected by the 3;12-translocation and demonstrated that, as a direct result, HMGIC/LPP and LPP/..
- LPP, an actin cytoskeleton protein related to zyxin, harbors a nuclear export signal and transcriptional activation capacityM M Petit
Laboratory for Molecular Oncology, Center for Human Genetics, University of Leuven and Flanders Interuniversity Institute for Biotechnology, B 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Mol Biol Cell 11:117-29. 2000The LPP gene is the preferred translocation partner of the HMGIC gene in a subclass of human benign mesenchymal tumors known as lipomas...
- The focal adhesion and nuclear targeting capacity of the LIM-containing lipoma-preferred partner (LPP) proteinMarleen M R Petit
Laboratory for Molecular Oncology, Department of Human Genetics, University of Leuven K U Leuven and Flanders Interuniversity Institute for Biotechnology VIB, Herestraat 49, Belgium
J Biol Chem 278:2157-68. 2003Targeting of proteins to a particular cellular compartment is a critical determinant for proper functioning. LPP (LIM-containing lipoma-preferred partner) is a LIM domain protein that is localized at sites of cell adhesion and ..
- LPP, a LIM protein highly expressed in smooth muscleIsabelle Gorenne
Department of Molecular Physiology and Biological Physics, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 285:C674-85. 2003An 80-kDa protein, prominently expressed in smooth muscle, was microsequenced and identified as LPP, the product of the lipoma-preferred partner gene (Petit MMR, Mols R, Schoenmakers EFPM, Mandahl N, and Van de Ven WJM...
- Newly identified genetic risk variants for celiac disease related to the immune responseKaren A Hunt
Institute of Cell and Molecular Science, Barts and the London School of Medicine and Dentistry, 4 Newark Street, London E1 2AT, UK
Nat Genet 40:395-402. 2008..Type 1 diabetes and celiac disease share HLA-DQ, IL2-IL21, CCR3 and SH2B3 risk regions. Thus, this extensive genome-wide association follow-up study has identified additional celiac disease risk variants in relevant biological pathways...
- Shared and distinct genetic variants in type 1 diabetes and celiac diseaseDeborah J Smyth
Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation Wellcome Trust Diabetes and Inflammation Laboratory, Department of Medical Genetics, Cambridge Institute for Medical Research, University of Cambridge, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge, United Kingdom
N Engl J Med 359:2767-77. 2008..Since both diseases are associated with the HLA class II genes on chromosome 6p21, we tested whether non-HLA loci are shared...
- Cell Adhesion and Transcriptional Activity - Defining the Role of the Novel Protooncogene LPPThomas Gp Grunewald
Department of Pediatrics, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technische Universitat Munchen, Pediatric Oncology Center, Kolner Platz 1, D 80804 Munich, Germany
Transl Oncol 2:107-16. 2009..Among them, the most prominent representatives are zyxin and lipoma preferred (translocation) partner (LPP)...
- Variant of TYR and autoimmunity susceptibility loci in generalized vitiligoYing Jin
Human Medical Genetics Program, School of Medicine, University of Colorado, P O Box 6511, Mailstop 8300, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
N Engl J Med 362:1686-97. 2010..Generalized vitiligo is an autoimmune disease characterized by melanocyte loss, which results in patchy depigmentation of skin and hair, and is associated with an elevated risk of other autoimmune diseases...
- The lipoma preferred partner LPP interacts with alpha-actininBo Li
ITI Research Institute, University of Bern, PO Box 54, CH 3010 Bern, Switzerland
J Cell Sci 116:1359-66. 2003The lipoma preferred partner LPP is a member of the zyxin family of proteins. In this paper, we demonstrate that the structural similarities observed between zyxin and LPP also extend to their interaction capabilities...
- Investigation of type 1 diabetes and coeliac disease susceptibility loci for association with juvenile idiopathic arthritisAnne Hinks
Arthritis Research UK Epidemiology Unit, Manchester Academic Health Science Centre, Stopford Building, The University of Manchester, Manchester, UK
Ann Rheum Dis 69:2169-72. 2010..There is strong evidence suggesting that juvenile idiopathic arthritis (JIA) shares many susceptibility loci with other autoimmune diseases...
- Human LPP gene is fused to MLL in a secondary acute leukemia with a t(3;11) (q28;q23)L Daheron
Laboratoire d Hématologie CNRS FRE 2224, Poitiers University Hospital, CHU La Miletrie BP577, 86021 Poitiers Cedex, France
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 31:382-9. 2001..Through inverse PCR, the LPP (lipoma preferred partner) gene on 3q28 was identified as the MLL fusion partner...
- Mifepristone (RU486) inhibits lateral perforant path long-term potentiation in hippocampal slices from prenatally morphine-exposed female ratsLIBOR VELISEK
Department of Neurology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY, USA
Int J Dev Neurosci 23:559-65. 2005..rats during proestrus and diestrus, long-term potentiation (LTP) can be induced in the lateral perforant pathway (LPP). Prenatal morphine exposure suppresses LTP induction in the LPP during proestrus...
- Reduction of four-and-a-half LIM-protein 2 expression occurs in human left ventricular failure and leads to altered localization and reduced activity of metabolic enzymesEsta Bovill
Department of Medicine, University College London, London, United Kingdom
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 137:853-61. 2009....
- Four and a half LIM protein 1 binds myosin-binding protein C and regulates myosin filament formation and sarcomere assemblyMeagan J McGrath
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Monash University, Wellington Road, Clayton, Victoria 3800, Australia
J Biol Chem 281:7666-83. 2006Four and a half LIM protein 1 (FHL1/SLIM1) is highly expressed in skeletal and cardiac muscle; however, the function of FHL1 remains unknown...
- High association of human herpesvirus 8 in large-plaque parapsoriasis and mycosis fungoidesAlexander Kreuter
Department of Dermatology, Ruhr University Bochum, Gudrunstrasse 56, D 44791 Bochum, Germany
Arch Dermatol 144:1011-6. 2008..the presence of human herpesvirus 8 (HHV-8) in lesional skin of German patients with large-plaque parapsoriasis (LPP) or mycosis fungoides (MF). The pathogenetic relevance of HHV-8 in cutaneous T-cell lymphoma is controversial...
- Plastidic phosphatidic acid phosphatases identified in a distinct subfamily of lipid phosphate phosphatases with prokaryotic originYuki Nakamura
Graduate School of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Tokyo Institute of Technology, 4259 B 65 Nagatsuta cho, Midori ku, Yokohama 226 8501, Japan
J Biol Chem 282:29013-21. 2007..and characterization of plastidic PAPs in Arabidopsis that belong to a distinct lipid phosphate phosphatase (LPP) subfamily with prokaryotic origin...
- Immunological responses against Salmonella enterica serovar Typhimurium Braun lipoprotein and lipid A mutant strains in Swiss-Webster mice: potential use as live-attenuated vaccinesTie Liu
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Texas Medical Branch, 301 University Blvd, Galveston, TX 775551070, USA
Microb Pathog 44:224-37. 2008..Salmonella enterica serovar Typhimurium mutants that were deleted for the genes encoding Braun lipoprotein (lpp) alone or in conjunction with the msbB gene, which codes for an enzyme required for the acylation of the lipid A ..
- Molecular characterization of a PDZ-LIM protein in Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar): a fish ortholog of the alpha-actinin-associated LIM-protein (ALP)Øivind Andersen
Institute of Aquaculture Research, P O Box 5010, N 1432 Aas, Norway
J Muscle Res Cell Motil 25:61-8. 2004A protein containing both PDZ and LIM protein-protein interaction motifs has for the first time been identified in a lower vertebrate species...
- Actin/alpha-actinin-dependent transport of AMPA receptors in dendritic spines: role of the PDZ-LIM protein RILTorsten W Schulz
Max Planck Institute for Medical Research, Department of Molecular Neurobiology, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
J Neurosci 24:8584-94. 2004..suppressor zona occludens 1) and LIM (Lin11/rat Isl-1/Mec3) domain-containing protein, RIL (reversion-induced LIM protein)...
- Dystrophin- and MLP-deficient mouse hearts: marked differences in morphology and function, but similar accumulation of cytoskeletal proteinsJames R Wilding
Department of Physiology, University of Oxford, Oxford, England, UK
FASEB J 19:79-81. 2005In humans, cytoskeletal dystrophin and muscle LIM protein (MLP) gene mutations can cause dilated cardiomyopathy, yet these mutations may have different effects in mice, owing to increased accumulation of other, compensatory cytoskeletal ..
- Role of noradrenergic pathways in sneeze-induced urethral continence reflex in ratsYasuhiro Kaiho
Dept of Urology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 292:F639-46. 2007..sneezing (A-URS), urethral baseline pressure (UBP) at the midurethra, and sneeze-induced leak point pressure (S-LPP) were measured in normal female adult rats and rats with SUI induced by vaginal distention (VD)...
- Interaction of short-term neuronal plasticity and synaptic plasticity revealed by nonlinear systems analysis in dentate granule cellsXiaping Xie
Center for Neural Engineering, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90089, USA
Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 1:5543-6. 2006..There are two components of the perforant path: the lateral component (LPP) and the medial component (MPP). LPP and MPP convey different sensory modality information...
- Poly(A) RNA in Escherichia coli: nucleotide sequence at the junction of the lpp transcript and the polyadenylate moietyG J Cao
Department of Metabolic Regulation, Boston Biomedical Research Institute, MA 02114
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 89:7546-50. 1992..in exoribonucleases and synthesized DNA complementary to polyadenylylated lipoprotein mRNA, encoded by the lpp gene, by using avian myeloblastosis virus reverse transcriptase and an oligo(dT)-containing primer...
- Prenatal morphine exposure suppresses mineralocorticoid receptor-dependent basal synaptic transmission and synaptic plasticity in the lateral perforant path in adult male ratsLIBOR VELISEK
Department of Neurology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, K 314, 1410 Pelham Parkway South, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Brain Res Bull 61:571-6. 2003..mineralocorticoid receptor (MR) modulation of synaptic plasticity were investigated in the lateral perforant path (LPP)-dentate gyrus granule cell synaptic system...
- Effect of duloxetine, a norepinephrine and serotonin reuptake inhibitor, on sneeze-induced urethral continence reflex in ratsMinoru Miyazato
Department of Urology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 295:F264-71. 2008..sneezing (A-URS), urethral baseline pressure (UBP) at the midurethra, and sneeze-induced leak point pressure (S-LPP) were measured in normal adult female rats and rats with SUI induced by vaginal distension (VD)...
- [The assessment of the mental state of patients during simultaneous treatment with psychotropic drugs, antipsychotics included, and bromocriptine]Zbigniew Barszcz
Centralny Szpital Kliniczny UM w Lodzi
Psychiatr Pol 42:595-607. 2008..The aim of this study was to assess the mental state of patients treated with psychotropic drugs (LPT) and bromocriptine (BRC) at the same time...
- Age-related changes in the metabolization of phosphatidic acid in rat cerebral cortex synaptosomesS J Pasquare
Instituto de Investigaciones Bioquímicas de Bahía Blanca INIBIBB, Universidad Nacional del Sur and Consejo Nacional de Investigaciones Científicas y Técnicas CONICET, C C 857, B8000FWB Bahia Blanca, Argentina
Arch Biochem Biophys 488:121-9. 2009..diacylglycerol (DAG), monoacylglycerol (MAG) and glycerol by the sequential action of lipid phosphate phosphatase (LPP), diacylglycerol lipase (DAGL), and monoacylglycerol lipase (MAGL) in cerebral cortex (CC) synaptosomes...
- Lichen planus pemphigoides is a heterogeneous disease: a report of five cases studied by immunoelectron microscopyA Bouloc
Department of Dermatology, Hopital Saint Louis, Paris, France
Br J Dermatol 138:972-80. 1998Lichen planus pemphigoides (LPP) is a rare and controversial disease...
- The PDZ-LIM protein RIL modulates actin stress fiber turnover and enhances the association of alpha-actinin with F-actinTea Vallenius
Molecular Cancer Biology Program, Institute of Biomedicine and Helsinki University Central Hospital, University of Helsinki, Biomedicum Helsinki, Finland
Exp Cell Res 293:117-28. 2004..These results implicate the RIL PDZ-LIM protein as a regulator of actin stress fiber turnover.
- Multiple alternative splicing and differential expression of actinin-associated LIM protein (ALP) during porcine skeletal muscle development in vitro and in vivoLinjie Wang
Key Laboratory of Swine Genetics and Breeding, Ministry of Agriculture, College of Animal Science, Huazhong Agricultural University, Wuhan, Hubei 430070, PR China
Meat Sci 84:655-61. 2010The actinin-associated LIM protein (ALP) is co-localized with alpha-actinin at the Z-discs and plays a critical role in the integration of cytoskeletal architecture and transcriptional regulation...
- Actinin-associated LIM protein-deficient mice maintain normal development and structure of skeletal muscleK Jo
Department of Physiology, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
Mol Cell Biol 21:1682-7. 2001The actinin-associated LIM protein, ALP, is the prototype of a large family of proteins containing an N-terminal PDZ domain and a C-terminal LIM domain...
- Defective neural tube closure and anteroposterior patterning in mice lacking the LIM protein LMO4 or its interacting partner Deaf-1Kyungmin Hahm
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Pediatrics, Children s Hospital and Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Mol Cell Biol 24:2074-82. 2004..Our data indicate an important role for these two transcriptional regulators in pathways affecting neural tube closure and skeletal patterning, most likely reflecting their presence in a functional complex in vivo...
- Distribution of newly synthesized lipoprotein over the outer membrane and the peptidoglycan sacculus of an Escherichia coli lac-lpp strainH Hiemstra
Department of Biochemistry, University of Groningen, The Netherlands
J Bacteriol 169:5434-44. 1987..Lipoprotein was briefly induced with isopropyl-beta-D-thiogalactopyranoside in cells carrying lac-lpp on a low-copy-number plasmid in an E. coli lpp host...
- Identification and characterization of thymus LIM protein: targeted disruption reduces thymus cellularityJ Kirchner
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Department of Immunology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Mol Cell Biol 21:8592-604. 2001We have identified a novel LIM gene encoding the thymus LIM protein (TLP), expressed specifically in the thymus in a subset of cortical epithelial cells...
- Long-term vision results measured with Teller Acuity Cards and a new Light Perception/Projection Scale after management of late stages of retinopathy of prematurityM Elizabeth Hartnett
Department of Ophthalmology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill 27599 7040, USA
Arch Ophthalmol 121:991-6. 2003To report visual acuity (VA) measured by Teller Acuity Cards (TACs) and a new Light Perception/Projection (LPP) Scale in infants with regressed or treated stage 3, 4, or 5 retinopathy of prematurity (ROP), and to compare VA in eyes that ..
- 18F-dihydroxyphenylalanine PET in patients with biochemical evidence of medullary thyroid cancer: relation to tumor differentiationKlaas P Koopmans
Department of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging, University Medical Center Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
J Nucl Med 49:524-31. 2008..Therefore, the value of 18F-dihydroxyphenylalanine PET (18F-DOPA PET), 18F-FDG PET, (99m)Tc-V-di-mercaptosulfuricacid (DMSA-V) scintigraphy, and MRI or CT was studied...
- Deletion of Braun lipoprotein gene (lpp) and curing of plasmid pPCP1 dramatically alter the virulence of Yersinia pestis CO92 in a mouse model of pneumonic plagueStacy L Agar
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Texas Medical Branch UTMB, Galveston, TX, USA
Microbiology 155:3247-59. 2009Deletion of the murein (Braun) lipoprotein gene, lpp, attenuates the Yersinia pestis CO92 strain in mouse models of bubonic and pneumonic plague...
- Quantitative evaluation of electrodes for external urethral sphincter electromyography during bladder-to-urethral guarding reflexJames E Steward
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Cleveland Clinic, 9500 Euclid Ave ND20, Cleveland, OH, 44195, USA
World J Urol 28:365-71. 2010..The aim of this study was to quantitatively compare electrode recordings taken during tonic activity and leak point pressure (LPP) testing.
- Role of spinal serotonergic pathways in sneeze-induced urethral continence reflex in ratsMinoru Miyazato
Dept of Urology, Univ of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 297:F1024-31. 2009..sneezing (A-URS), urethral baseline pressure (UBP) at the midurethra, and sneeze-induced leak point pressure (S-LPP) were measured in normal female adult rats and rats with SUI induced by vaginal distention (VD)...
- Cicatricial pemphigoid differs from bullous pemphigoid and pemphigoid gestationis regarding the fine specificity of autoantibodies to the BP180 NC16A domainArno Kromminga
Institute for Immunology, Clinical Pathology and Molecular Medicine IPM, Hamburg, Germany
J Dermatol Sci 28:68-75. 2002..pemphigoid (BP), pemphigoid (herpes) gestationis (PG), cicatricial pemphigoid (CP), and lichen planus pemphigoides (LPP) are autoimmune subepidermal bullous diseases that are characterized by circulating autoantibodies to the ..
- Modulation of lateral perforant path excitatory responses by metabotropic glutamate 8 (mGlu8) receptorsJin Zhai
Neuroscience Division, Lilly Research Laboratories, Eli Lilly and Company, Indianapolis, IN 46285, USA
Neuropharmacology 43:223-30. 2002..of metabotropic glutamate 8 (mGlu8) receptors to modulation of medial and lateral perforant path (MPP and LPP) inputs to the dentate gyrus was investigated using electrophysiological recording of field excitatory postsynaptic ..
- The conundrum of parapsoriasis versus patch stage of mycosis fungoidesK N Sarveswari
Sundaram Medical Foundation, Dr Rangarajan Memorial Hospital, Chennai, Tamilnadu, India
Indian J Dermatol Venereol Leprol 75:229-35. 2009..Some believe that large plaque parapsoriasis (LPP) should be classified with early patch stage of MF and should be treated aggressively...
- Lichen planus pemphigoides evolving into pemphigoid nodularisY Sakuma-Oyama
Department of Dermato immunopathology, St John s Institute of Dermatology, Guy s, King s and St Thomas School of Medicine, St Thomas Hospital KCL, London, UK
Clin Exp Dermatol 28:613-6. 2003Lichen planus pemphigoides (LPP) and pemphigoid nodularis are rare clinical variants of bullous pemphigoid (BP), which are characterized by histological findings of lichen planus (LP) and nodular prurigo, respectively, and the finding of ..
- Molecular cloning, characterization, and promoter analysis of the mouse Crp2/SmLim gene. Preferential expression of its promoter in the vascular smooth muscle cells of transgenic miceS F Yet
Cardiovascular Biology Laboratory, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 273:10530-7. 1998Several members of the LIM protein family have important roles in development and differentiation...
- Medial perforant path inhibition mediated by mGluR7 is reduced after status epilepticusKristopher J Bough
School of Medicine, Dept of Pharmacology, Emory University, Rollins Research Center, Rm 5002, 1510 Clifton Road, Atlanta, GA 30322 3090, USA
J Neurophysiol 92:1549-57. 2004..Field excitatory postsynaptic potentials (fEPSPs) were recorded in the lateral (LPP) and medial perforant path (MPP) simultaneously in adult mouse hippocampal slices 3-9 days after pilocarpine (PILO)-..
- Autologous bone-marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cell transplantation into injured rat urethral sphincterYoshiaki Kinebuchi
Department of Urology, Shinshu University School of Medicine, Matsumoto, Nagano, Japan
Int J Urol 17:359-68. 2010..To evaluate the functional and histological recovery by autologous bone-marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cell (BMSC) transplantation into injured rat urethral sphincters...
- Characterization of two isoforms of the skeletal muscle LIM protein 1, SLIM1. Localization of SLIM1 at focal adhesions and the isoform slimmer in the nucleus of myoblasts and cytoplasm of myotubes suggests distinct roles in the cytoskeleton and in nuclearS Brown
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Monash University, Clayton, Victoria, Australia 3168
J Biol Chem 274:27083-91. 1999We have cloned and characterized a novel isoform of the skeletal muscle LIM protein 1 (SLIM1), designated SLIMMER. SLIM1 contains an N-terminal single zinc finger followed by four LIM domains...
- Normal kidney size and its influencing factors - a 64-slice MDCT study of 1.040 asymptomatic patientsBernhard Glodny
Department of Radiology, Innsbruck Medical University, Anichstrasse 35, 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
BMC Urol 9:19. 2009Normal ultrasound values for pole-to-pole kidney length (LPP) are well established for children, but very little is known about normal kidney size and its influencing factors in adults...
- Lmcd1/Dyxin, a novel Z-disc associated LIM protein, mediates cardiac hypertrophy in vitro and in vivoDerk Frank
Department of Internal Medicine III, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
J Mol Cell Cardiol 49:673-82. 2010..In addition to known members of the hypertrophic gene program, we found the novel sarcomeric Z-disc LIM protein Lmcd1/Dyxin markedly upregulated...
- Molecular characterization of abLIM, a novel actin-binding and double zinc finger proteinD J Roof
Berman Gund Laboratory for the Study of Retinal Degenerations, Department of Ophthalmology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
J Cell Biol 138:575-88. 1997..that abLIM may play a general role in bridging the actin-based cytoskeleton with an array of potential LIM protein-binding partners...
- The amino terminus of the glial glutamate transporter GLT-1 interacts with the LIM protein AjubaHelene Marie
Department of Physiology, Laboratory of Molecular Cell Biology, University College London, Gower Street, London, WC1E 6BT, United Kingdom
Mol Cell Neurosci 19:152-64. 2002We have identified a cytoplasmic LIM protein, Ajuba, which interacts with the amino terminus of GLT-1, the most abundant plasma membrane glutamate transporter in the brain...
- The human and mouse orthologous LIM-only proteins respectively encoded in chromosome 6 and 17 show a different expression patternArmanda Casrouge
Laboratoire de Biologie Moléculaire du Gène, Inserm U277 Institut Pasteur, 75724 Paris Cedex 15, France
Microbes Infect 6:1063-72. 2004..We identified a LIM protein located on mouse chromosome 17 (m17TLP) and belonging to the family of the LIM-only proteins (LIMo)...
- Uni-axial stretching regulates intracellular localization of Hic-5 expressed in smooth-muscle cells in vivoJoo ri Kim-Kaneyama
Department of Microbiology, Showa University School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 1 5 8 Hatanodai, Shinagawa ku, Tokyo 142 8555, Japan
J Cell Sci 118:937-49. 2005..Of the factors tested, which included interacting partners of Hic-5, only CRP2 (an only-LIM protein expressed in vascular smooth-muscle cells) and GIT1 were, like Hic-5, localized to stress fibers during the ..
- Structural analysis of four and half LIM protein-2 in dilated cardiomyopathyTakuro Arimura
Department of Molecular Pathogenesis, Medical Research Institute, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Tokyo 101 0062, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 357:162-7. 2007..To explore a novel disease gene for DCM, we searched for mutations in FHL2, encoding for four and half LIM protein 2 (FHL2) in DCM patients, because FHL2 is known to associate with titin/connectin...
- PICOT attenuates cardiac hypertrophy by disrupting calcineurin-NFAT signalingDongtak Jeong
Global Research Laboratory and Department of Life Science, Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology, Gwangju, Korea
Circ Res 102:711-9. 2008..pull-down experiments and mass spectrometry enabled us to determine that PICOT directly interacts with muscle LIM protein (MLP) via its carboxyl-terminal half (PICOT-C). It was also shown that PICOT colocalizes with MLP in the Z-disc...
- Physiological effects of human muscle-derived stem cell implantation on urethral smooth muscle functionAkira Furuta
Department of Urology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, 3471 Fifth Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 19:1229-34. 2008..Leak point pressure (LPP) before and after hexamethonium application, which can block autonomic efferent nerves, and proximal urethral ..
- The four-and-a-half-LIM protein 2 (FHL2) is overexpressed in gliomas and associated with oncogenic activitiesMing Li
Department of Chemistry, Open Laboratory of Chemical Biology, University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, People s Republic of China
Glia 56:1328-38. 2008Four-and-a-half-LIM protein 2 (FHL2) is a member of FHL protein family, which plays a crucial role in regulating gene expression, cell survival, and migration...
- Neurocognitive mechanisms underlying identification of environmental risksJungang Qin
Department of Psychology, Peking University, Beijing 100871, People s Republic of China
Neuropsychologia 47:397-405. 2009..at 180-260ms over the frontal area (P200) and of a late positive wave at 420-660ms over the central-parietal area (LPP)...
- Long periodicity phase in extracted lipids of vernix caseosa obtained with equilibration at physiological temperatureRobert Rissmann
Leiden Amsterdam Center for Drug Research, Department of Drug Delivery Technology, P O Box 9502, 2300 RA Leiden, The Netherlands
Chem Phys Lipids 158:32-8. 2009..The SC features a highly structured lipid organization: a short periodicity phase and a long periodicity phase (LPP) with a repeat distance of 6 and 13 nm, respectively...
- Suture-free laser-assisted vessel repair using CO2 laser and liquid albumin solderIngrid C D Y M Wolf-de Jonge
Academic Medical Center, Department of Vascular Surgery, Meibergdreef 9, 1105 AZ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Biomed Opt 13:044032. 2008..The LPP of the two-pass welds was 351+/-158 mmHg versus 538+/-155 mmHg for the three-pass welds...
- Myocyte remodeling in response to hypertrophic stimuli requires nucleocytoplasmic shuttling of muscle LIM proteinSamuel Y Boateng
Department of Physiology and Biophysics M C 901, University of Illinois at Chicago, 835 South Wolcott Avenue, Chicago, IL 60612 7342, USA
J Mol Cell Cardiol 47:426-35. 2009CSRP3 or muscle LIM protein (MLP) is a nucleocytoplasmic shuttling protein and a mechanosensor in cardiac myocytes...
- Surface plasmon resonance analysis of the binding of high-risk mucosal HPV E6 oncoproteins to the PDZ1 domain of the tight junction protein MAGI-1Sadek Fournane
Equipe Oncoprotéines, FRE 3211, Institut de Recherche de l Ecole de Biotechnologie de Strasbourg, Universite de Strasbourg, Boulevard Sebastien Brandt, BP 10413, 67412 Illkirch Cedex, France
J Mol Recognit 24:511-23. 2011..Finally, we showed that MAGI-1 PDZ1 also binds to the C-termini of LPP and Tax proteins, which were already known to bind to PDZ proteins but not to MAGI-1.
- Degradation of pentachlorophenol and 2,4-dichlorophenol by sequential visible-light driven photocatalysis and laccase catalysisLifeng Yin
State Key Laboratory of Water Environment Simulation, School of Environment, Beijing Normal University, Beijing 100875, PR China
Environ Sci Technol 44:9117-22. 2010..prior to laccase-catalysis (PPL) is a better approach than laccase-catalysis prior to photocatalysis (LPP), eliminating CPs more efficiently and generating lower toxic products...
- Effects of recent word exposure on emotion-word Stroop interference: an ERP studyLiselotte Gootjes
Erasmus Affective Neuroscience Lab, Institute of Psychology, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Int J Psychophysiol 79:356-63. 2011..At the neurophysiological level, we found more positive-going ERPs at later latencies (P290, N400 and LPP) in response to negative than in response to neutral Stroop words...
- Source localization of late electrocortical positivity during symptom provocation in spider phobia: an sLORETA studyWilfried Scharmüller
Department of Clinical Psychology, Institute of Psychology, University of Graz, Austria
Brain Res 1397:10-8. 2011..amplitudes of ERPs were extracted in the time windows 340-500 ms (P300) and 550-770 ms (late positive potential, LPP). Phobics showed enhanced P300 and LPP amplitudes in response to spider pictures relative to controls...
- A zyxin-nectin interaction facilitates zyxin localization to cell-cell adhesionsS Gregory Call
Physiology and Developmental Biology, Brigham Young University, 574 WIDB, Provo, UT 84602, United States
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 415:485-9. 2011..been implicated in actin remodeling events as cell-cell contacts are assembled and disassembled, including zyxin/LPP-VASP complexes. These complexes facilitate strong cell-cell adhesion by maintaining actin-membrane connections...
- Electrocortical reactivity to emotional images and faces in middle childhood to early adolescenceAutumn Kujawa
Department of Psychology, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY 11794 2500, United States
Dev Cogn Neurosci 2:458-67. 2012The late positive potential (LPP) is an event-related potential (ERP) component that indexes sustained attention toward motivationally salient information...
- A LIM domain protein from tobacco involved in actin-bundling and histone gene transcriptionDanièle Moes
Centre de Recherche Public Santé, 84, Val Fleuri, L 1526 Luxembourg, Luxembourg
Mol Plant 6:483-502. 2013..factors that bind to plant histone gene promoters, we isolated a positive clone containing the tobacco LIM protein WLIM2 (NtWLIM2) cDNA...
- Fearful faces grab attention in the absence of late affective cortical responsesKoki Ikeda
Department of Cognitive and Behavioral Sciences, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Psychophysiology 50:60-9. 2013..attentional capture occurred even under high task load, by which the late cortical affective activity (the LPP modulation) was entirely suppressed...
- Danger and disease: electrocortical responses to threat- and disgust-eliciting imagesMichael G Wheaton
Department of Psychiatry, University of Illinois at Chicago, United States
Int J Psychophysiol 90:235-9. 2013..event-related potentials (ERPs), including the early posterior negativity (EPN) and late positive potential (LPP)...
- The serum resistome of a globally disseminated multidrug resistant uropathogenic Escherichia coli cloneMinh Duy Phan
Australian Infectious Diseases Research Centre, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia School of Chemistry and Molecular Biosciences, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
PLoS Genet 9:e1003834. 2013..Targeted mutagenesis confirmed a role in serum resistance for 46 (82%) of these genes. The murein lipoprotein Lpp, along with two lipid A-core biosynthesis enzymes WaaP and WaaG, were most strongly associated with serum ..
- Emotional scenes elicit more pronounced self-reported emotional experience and greater EPN and LPP modulation when compared to emotional facesNathaniel Thom
Department of Applied Health Science, Wheaton College, Wheaton, IL, 60187, USA
Cogn Affect Behav Neurosci 14:849-60. 2014..g., N170, early posterior negativity [EPN], late positive potential [LPP]) as subjects viewed neutral and emotional faces and scenes, including contents representing anger, fear, and joy...
- Attractiveness and affordance shape tools neural coding: insight from ERPsStefania Righi
Psychology Section, Department of Neuroscience, Psychology, Drug Research and Child s Health, University of Florence, Italy Electronic address
Int J Psychophysiol 91:240-53. 2014..The N300, P300 and the Late Positive Potential (LPP) showed enhanced responses for highly affording/attractive tools, reflecting the interconnection between ..
- Emotional content of stimuli improves visuospatial working memoryAndrés Antonio González-Garrido
Instituto de Neurociencias, Universidad de Guadalajara, Mexico O P D Hospital Civil de Guadalajara, Mexico Electronic address
Neurosci Lett 585:43-7. 2015..In addition, LPP amplitude was also significantly higher for this type of stimuli...
- Specific electrophysiological components disentangle affective sharing and empathic concern in psychopathyJean Decety
Child Neurosuite, Department of Psychology, The University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois and Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Neuroscience, The University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois
J Neurophysiol 114:493-504. 2015..Results indicate that early automatic (175-275 ms) and later controlled responses (LPP 400-1,000 ms) were differentially modulated by engagement in affective sharing or empathic concern...
- Implicit emotion regulation in the context of viewing artworks: ERP evidence in response to pleasant and unpleasant picturesNoah N N Van Dongen
Erasmus School of History, Culture and Communication, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Rotterdam, Netherlands
Brain Cogn 107:48-54. 2016..of staged scenes" or "photographs depicting real events" modulated perceivers' Late Positive Potentials (LPP) and likability ratings...
- Effects of harmonics on aesthetic judgments of music: an ERP study involving laypersons and expertsMarta Jaśkiewicz
The John Paul II Catholic University of Lublin, Lublin, Poland
Acta Neurobiol Exp (Wars) 76:142-51. 2016..S. Bach's chorales. Experts and laypersons showed different late positive potential (LPP) responses to the appraisal of correctness...
- Use of fibrin glue as a sealant at the anastomotic line in laparoscopic pyeloplasty: A randomised controlled trialAhmed Farouk
Department of Urology, Ain Shams University Hospital, Cairo, Egypt
Arab J Urol 14:292-298. 2016To assess the effectiveness of fibrin glue as a sealant at the anastomotic line of a stentless laparoscopic pyeloplasty (LPP) repair instead of JJ stent insertion.
- Gene expression profiling of hematologic malignant cell lines resistant to oncolytic virus treatmentNam Hee Lee
SillaJen, Inc, Busan, Korea
Oncotarget 8:1213-1225. 2017..Up-regulation of PVRIG, LPP, CECR1, Arhgef6, IRX3, IGFBP2, CD1d were related to resistant to Pexa-Vec...
- Actinin-associated LIM protein: identification of a domain interaction between PDZ and spectrin-like repeat motifsH Xia
Department of Physiology, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
J Cell Biol 139:507-15. 1997..Here, we identify actinin-associated LIM protein (ALP), a novel protein in skeletal muscle that contains an NH2-terminal PDZ domain and a COOH-terminal LIM ..
- Induction of endothelial monolayer permeability by phosphatidateD English
Experimental Cell Research Laboratory, The Methodist Research Institute, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202
J Cell Biochem 75:105-17. 1999..an inhibitor of endothelial cell "ecto"-phosphatidate phosphohydrolase (PAP), a lipid phosphate phosphohydrolase (LPP) that efficiently hydrolyzes extracellular substrate...
- Attitudes to the right- and left: frontal ERP asymmetries associated with stimulus valence and processing goalsWilliam A Cunningham
Department of Psychology, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Neuroimage 28:827-34. 2005..Results revealed a late positive potential (LPP) beginning at about 475 ms post-stimulus and maximal over anterior sites...
- High-resolution longitudinal MRI of the transition to heart failurePeter N Costandi
Department of Bioengineering, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093 0613, USA
Magn Reson Med 57:714-20. 2007..Transgenic murine models of cardiac disease, such as the muscle LIM protein-deficient strain used in this study, offer populations of a reproducible phenotype that readily lend themselves ..
- A study of dendritic cell and MHC class II expression in dogs with immunomodulatory-responsive lymphocytic-plasmacytic pododermatitisRory M Breathnach
School of Agriculture, Food Science and Veterinary Medicine, University College Dublin, Dublin 4, Ireland
Vet J 177:352-9. 2008The term immunomodulatory-responsive lymphocytic-plasmacytic pododermatitis (ImR-LPP) has previously been proposed to denote a sub-population of dogs with idiopathic pododermatitis...
- The persistence of attention to emotion: brain potentials during and after picture presentationGreg Hajcak
Department of Psychology, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY 11794 2500, USA
Emotion 8:250-5. 2008..The late positive potential (LPP) is a sustained P300-like component of the event-related potential that is enhanced after the presentation of ..
- The effect of weight loss on protein profiles of gastrocnemius muscle in rabbits: a study using 1D electrophoresis and peptide mass fingerprintingA M Almeida
Instituto de Investigação Científica Tropical and Centro Interdisciplinar de Investigação em Sanidade Animal, Lisboa, Portugal
J Anim Physiol Anim Nutr (Berl) 94:174-85. 2010..Pyruvate kinase levels were 50% lower in the New Zealand Restricted group. LIM protein detection was absent in the control New Zealand group...
- Effect of the ω-acylceramides on the lipid organization of stratum corneum model membranes evaluated by X-ray diffraction and FTIR studies (Part I)Diogenes de Sousa Neto
Molecular Biophysics Group, Chemistry Institute of São Carlos, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Carlos, SP, Brazil
Chem Phys Lipids 164:184-95. 2011..5 nm (short periodicity phase, SPP) and ∼12 nm (LPP) in the presence of the CER EOS-L and CER EOS-O...
- Humiliation as an intense emotional experience: evidence from the electro-encephalogramMarte Otten
a Department of Social Psychology, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Soc Neurosci 9:23-35. 2014..The late positive potential (LPP), a measure of the level of perceived (negative), affect was markedly increased in humiliation scenarios compared ..
- Isolated linear lichen planopilaris: extremely rare when limited to the scalpAshley B Delacerda
Department of Dermatology, Texas Tech University Health and Science, 3601 4th St, Stop 9400, Lubbock, TX 79430, USA
Cutis 92:303-5. 2013Lichen planopilaris (LPP) is a primary cicatricial alopecia that rarely presents in a linear distribution. We present a case of linear LPP that was isolated to the frontal scalp with extension down the forehead...
- Self-reported trait mindfulness and affective reactivity: a motivational approach using multiple psychophysiological measuresDanielle Cosme
Department of Psychology, Stockholm University, Stockholm, Sweden Department of Psychology, University of Oregon, Eugene, Oregon, United States of America
PLoS ONE 10:e0119466. 2015..and neutral pictures would show relatively decreased early posterior negativity (EPN) and late positive potential (LPP) amplitudes, decreased skin conductance responses, and decreased subjective ratings for valence and arousal...
- Event-related potential signatures of perceived and imagined emotional and food real-life photosFernando Marmolejo-Ramos
Department of Psychology, Stockholm University, Stockholm, Sweden
Neurosci Bull 31:317-30. 2015..In this study, two ERP correlates, the early posterior negativity (EPN) and the late positive potential (LPP) for perceived and imagined emotional and food photographs were investigated...
- Steep, coincident, and concordant clines in mitochondrial and nuclear-encoded genes in a hybrid zone between subspecies of Atlantic killifish, Fundulus heteroclitusJessica L McKenzie
Department of ZoologyUniversity of British ColumbiaVancouverBritish ColumbiaCanada Centre for Aquaculture and Environmental ResearchFisheries and Oceans CanadaWest VancouverBritish ColumbiaCanada
Ecol Evol 6:5771-87. 2016..genes (SLC25A3 and HDDC2), as well as SNPs in the myoglobin, 40S ribosomal protein S17, and actin-binding LIM protein genes, had clines that were coincident and concordant with the mitochondrial clines...
- A signature motif in LIM proteins mediates binding to checkpoint proteins and increases tumour radiosensitivityXiaojie Xu
Department of Medical Molecular Biology, Beijing Institute of Biotechnology, Collaborative Innovation Center for Cancer Medicine, Beijing 100850, China
Nat Commun 8:14059. 2017..Our results provide novel insight into molecular mechanisms underlying CDC25 activity regulation. LIM protein inhibition or use of eLIM may be new strategies for improving tumour radiosensitivity.
- The acylated precursor form of the colicin A lysis protein is a natural substrate of the DegP proteaseD Cavard
Centre de Biochimie Biologie Moléculaire du Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Marseille, France
J Bacteriol 171:6316-22. 1989..The cleavage took place in lpp, pldA, and wild-type strans carrying plasmids which express the lysis protein following SOS induction and also in ..
- A new LIM protein containing an autoepitope homologous to "senescent cell antigen"A Rearden
Department of Pathology, School of Medicine, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla 92093 0612
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 201:1124-31. 1994....
- The muscle regulatory and structural protein MLP is a cytoskeletal binding partner of betaI-spectrinM J Flick
Department of Biological Sciences, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47907 1392, USA
J Cell Sci 113:1553-64. 2000Muscle LIM protein (MLP) is a striated muscle-specific factor that enhances myogenic differentiation and is critical to maintaining the structural integrity of the contractile apparatus...
- Psychophysiology of Emotion in Parkinsons DiseaseJENNA B DIETZ; Fiscal Year: 2013..Event-related potentials (LPP, P3), startle eye-blink, and motor reaction times will be used to index arousal/attention, vigilance, and modulated ..
- Temporal Dynamics and Neural Bases of Emotion Regulation Under Emotional LoadJames J Gross; Fiscal Year: 2013..that (1a) AD will attenuate an electrocortical index of emotional stimulus processing (the late positive potential;LPP) at an early phase, but that CR will do so at a later phase, and importantly, (1b) the early attenuation of the LPP ..
- Suppression of Negative Affect Indexed by the Late Positive Potential in SmokersJENNIFER ANNE MINNIX; Fiscal Year: 2010..cognitive reappraisal strategies to enhance or reduce the emotional intensity of affective stimuli, indexed by the LPP (Late Positive Potential) component of the ERP, and (b) to assess whether ERP measures of cognitive reappraisal ..
- Emotion Regulation, Executive Function, and Parkinson DiseaseDawn Bowers; Fiscal Year: 2013..2011) or an event related potential component of motivated attention, the late positive potential, LPP (Dietz et al., 2011a)...
- Susan S Smyth; Fiscal Year: 2014..active LPA, which is in turn inactivated by enxymatic dephosphorylation by lipid phosphate phosphatases (LPP)...
- Characterization of new toxins (YmgD and YdfD) from E.coli, targeting cell wallHisako Masuda; Fiscal Year: 2012..Lol complex is responsible for translocating outer membrane lipoproteins, including Lpp, from inner the membrane to the outer membrane...
- Adonis K Hijaz; Fiscal Year: 2014..patterns from injury in young fertile, old fertile and aged mice as measured by functional leak point pressure(LPP), morphometric outcomes and expression of paracrine factors in the micro environment of the continence mechanisms (..
- Ashok K Chopra; Fiscal Year: 2015..Our studies indicated that mice immunized with the mutant strain of Y. pestis deleted for the lpp and pigmentation locus (pgm) genes were protected against developing pneumonic plague caused by the highly virulent ..
- Teresa A Milner; Fiscal Year: 2016..alters: 1) the levels and/or subcellular distribution of enkephalins within MFs and in lateral perforant path (LPP) afferents to CA3 and 2) opioid-mediated LTP and/or other forms of opioid-mediated plasticity at MF/LPP- CA3 ..
- PPAR-gamma Signaling in Normal Pilosebaceous Units and in Scarring AlopeciaPratima Karnik; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our studies with the lymphocytic CA, Lichen planopilaris (LPP), have yielded novel results which provide clues to disease pathogenesis...
- Discovery of Biomakers in Human Mitochondrial DisordersRONALD WAYNE DAVIS; Fiscal Year: 2011..barcode tagging for multiplexed sequencing of exome libraries from multiple individuals as well as extending LPP-based capture to all 1,200 nuclear- encoded mitochondrial genes...
- The Role of Ceramide Kinase in Eicosanoid SynthesisCharles E Chalfant; Fiscal Year: 2012..Our preliminary results also suggest that lipid phosphate phosphatase-3 (LPP-3), a member of the LPP family, is responsible for the catalytic degradation of C1P...
- Lei Zheng; Fiscal Year: 2015..Based on our recent apo form crystal structure of the PgpB protein, an LPP homolog from E...
- Development of Efficient table-top laser-produced plasma sources for Water-WindowSIVANANDAN S HARILAL; Fiscal Year: 2012..table-top water-window radiation source for transmission X-ray microscope (TXM) based on laser- produced plasma (LPP) light source. LPP-based WW-TXM systems require a soft X-ray source that is efficient, stable and debris free...
- Noninvasive prenatal diagnosis using targeted DNA capture and sequencing.RONALD WAYNE DAVIS; Fiscal Year: 2012..b>LPP-based capture combined with next- generation sequencing (e.g...
- Diego Loayza; Fiscal Year: 2014..The central hypothesis of this proposal is that the LIM domain proteins TRIP6 and LPP, which have been implicated by our group in the repression of the DNA damage response at telomeres, specifically ..
- Suppression of Negative Affect Indexed by the Late Positive Potential in SmokersJENNIFER ANNE MINNIX; Fiscal Year: 2013..This project will take the next step and will evaluate smokers who want to quit smoking, relating their LPP responses to the experimental tasks to treatment outcome...
- Andrew Hayhurst; Fiscal Year: 2014..We had previously attempted to do this using the lpp-OmpA surface display platform and poorly soluble scFv antibodies but have since found out that the combination ..
- Jason D Robinson; Fiscal Year: 2016..The late positive potential (LPP) ERP component will provide us with a central nervous system measure of motivational salience of the pictures...
- ACTININ ASSOCIATED LIM PROTEIN & FSH MUSCULAR DYSTROPHYDavid Bredt; Fiscal Year: 2002..Recent molecular cloning studies have identified actinin-associated LIM protein (ALP), which is a novel component of the muscle cytoskeleton...
- Neural Markers of Emotional Reactivity in Youth Depression and AnxietyAutumn J Kujawa; Fiscal Year: 2013..The late positive potential (LPP) in an event-related potential component sensitive to emotional stimuli10...
- MUSCLE CELLS MEDIATED GENE THERAPY FOR INCONTINENCEMichael Chancellor; Fiscal Year: 2005..Measure urethral MDSC injection to improve sphincter function by assessing leak point pressure (LPP) and urethral strip contractility, 3...
- PREVENTION OF NEUROMOTOR DEFICITS WITH CHELATION THERAPYAmit Bhattacharya; Fiscal Year: 2000..out with established techniques which have been used by us over 13 years on the Cincinnati Lead Program Project (LPP) cohort...
- Mechanisms of Vaginal Sling Effects on ContinenceFirouz Daneshgari; Fiscal Year: 2006..Using a total of 125 animals, the effects of sling and vaginal dissection on cystometrogram, contractility, LPP, and morphometry of the urethral sphincter will be examined in five animal groups...
- Role of Cysteine-rich Protein 2 in Vascular DiseaseShaw Fang Yet; Fiscal Year: 2005..Cysteine-rich protein (CRP) 2, also known as smooth muscle LIM protein (SmLIM), is a member of the LIM-only CAP family...
- MOLECULAR PHARMACOLOGY OF LYSOPHOSPHATIDIC ACIDKevin Lynch; Fiscal Year: 2006..as well as the goal of defining these compounds at recombinant LPA receptors and lipid phosphate phosphohydrolases (LPP). Our collaborators have shown that our lead LPA receptor antagonist is efficacious in several animal models...
- Inhaled Large Porous Particles for Treatment of MDR-TBDavid Edwards; Fiscal Year: 2006..Specific research aims are to develop stable, LPP formulations of key anti-TB agents, establish their efficacy in animal models of TB, complete 28-day toxicology ..
- INTRACELLULAR ASSEMBLY OF PHOTORECEPTOR PROTEINSDOROTHY ROOF; Fiscal Year: 1999..2) Identify additional members of the intracellular signaling pathway in the retina in which ab/LIM protein may be involved. 3) Characterize the modulation of ab/LIM function by phosphorylation...
- Functional Tissue Engineering for Stress IncontinenceMichael Chancellor; Fiscal Year: 2006..slings on micturition during continuous cystometry; b) Assess the effect of SIS or MDSC/SIS on leak point pressure (LPP) using the reliable and sensitive vertical tilt intravesical pressure clamp method; c) Evaluate the immunohistology ..
- Regulation of RLIM Activity by PhosphorylationSteven Johnsen; Fiscal Year: 2006unreadable] DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Current data indicates that the LIM protein network, including the LIM domain containing kinase (LIMK), the LIM-only (LMO) proteins, and LIM domain binding co-factors plays an important ..
- Regulation of phospholemman by phosphorylationJOSEPH MOORMAN; Fiscal Year: 2003..in modulating protein-protein interactions between PLM and dimerization partners such as MLP, a muscle lim protein, and a novel kinase anchoring protein from oocyte that have been identified in yeast two-hybrid assays...
- SMLIM, A VASCULAR SMOOTH MUSCLE LIM PROTEINMukesh Jain; Fiscal Year: 2002..Furthermore, identification of VAMC-specific cis- and trans-acting factors will be crucial to the future success of efforts to restrict the expression of foreign genes to the blood vessel wall for gene therapy of vascular disease. ..
- Cellular Functions of the Human FilaminsMasumi Eto; Fiscal Year: 2007..to FLNs A or C, and a new proline-rich-domain and LIM-domain protein that we have named FBLP-1 (Filamin-Binding LIM Protein-I), that binds to all three FLNs...
- TRANSCRIPTIONAL CIRCUITS CONTROLLING MYOGENESISSTEPHEN KONIECZNY; Fiscal Year: 2001..Characterization of the novel bHLG factor (Mist1) and the muscle-specific LIM protein (MLP) as well as identifying the target genes of the MRFs during the establishment of the myogenic lineage is ..
- The Role of LIM Proteins in Cell Migration and AdhesionGREGORY LONGMORE; Fiscal Year: 2009..cell function in all three systems using primary cells derived from mice deficient in family members of this LIM protein family and in vivo...
- CRC/PE FOR THE STUDY OF PSYCHOPATHOLOGY FOR THE ELDERLYEric Caine; Fiscal Year: 1991..Management/ Biostatistics, Research Clinical Assessment, Brain Acquisition, and Education/Training; and four research laboratories, including Psychopharmacology (LPP), Neuropsychology (LNP), Suicide Studies (LSS), and Neuroscience (LNS).
- SEXUAL DIMORPHISM IN SEIZURE CONTROLJANA VELISKOVA; Fiscal Year: 2002..Rats of both sexes and various ages will be used. These studies may lead to the development of new antiepileptic treatments that take into the account sexual age-related differences. ..
- Electrophysiological Correlates of Anhedonia in SchizophreniaWILLIAM HORAN; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Prenatal Corticosteroid Impact on HippocampusLIBOR VELISEK; Fiscal Year: 2004..The data of this proposal will be critical for determining long-term adverse effects of multiple course prenatal corticosteroid therapy and for the ameliorating these effects in the offspring. ..
- Thiol-Reactive Crosslinkers for BiomaterialsGlenn Prestwich; Fiscal Year: 2004..Fourth, these new materials will be evaluated for cytocompatibility and cell growth in vitro with murine fibroblasts. Finally, selected materials will be seeded with fibroblasts and injected into nude mice for in vivo tissue generation. ..
- GENE THERAPY FOR ARTHRITIS IN THE TNFA-TRANSGENIC MOUSEEdward Schwarz; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- SQUALENE AND OXIDOSQUALENE CYCLASESGlenn Prestwich; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- AROMATIC L-AMINO ACID DECARBOXYLASE MODULATIONNORTON NEFF; Fiscal Year: 2003..This proposal has direct clinical relevance for PD, as it addresses the functionality of an enzyme absolutely required for successful L-DOPA therapy. ..
- A role for mGluRs in synaptic plasticity and epilepsyKristopher Bough; Fiscal Year: 2003..Further, we anticipate that knowledge gained from this work may also prevent novel treatment strategies for controlling stroke- or trauma-induced brain damage. ..
- MECHANICAL REGULATION OF DILATED CARDIOMYOPATHYJeffrey Omens; Fiscal Year: 2004..We propose that these regional structural changes accompanies dilatory heart failure, and are mechanisms behind the reduction in fiber shortening and the ability of the wall to thicken during systole. ..
- Mouse Models for Interstitial CystitisEdward Schwarz; Fiscal Year: 2004..Finally, we will attempt to generate a transgenic mouse model of IC by targeting the expression of a secreted form of mouse protamine-1 (sMP1) to the transitional epithelium and evaluate these animals in our system. ..
- PACAP Overexpression and Voiding FunctionEdward Schwarz; Fiscal Year: 2004..If successful, the mice will be distributed to interested labs to assist with the rigorous characterization of the models as they relate to the neurochemical organization of voiding function. ..
- Crosslinkable Hydrogels for Tympanic Membrane RepairGlenn Prestwich; Fiscal Year: 2004..Third, we will evaluate the biocompability and otocompability of each gel in vivo by evaluating recovery of auditory function and middle ear histology. ..
- Endothelial Transmigration Across the RPE BarrierMary Elizabeth Hartnett; Fiscal Year: 2005..Increased knowledge of the mechanisms that cause this destructive phenomenon may lead to future means to prevent CNV in the neurosensory retina, and thus, reduce vision loss in AMD. ..
- Neural correlates of cognitive biases in social phobiaJason Moser; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Multidisciplinary Study of Right Ventricular DysplasiaJeffrey Towbin; Fiscal Year: 2005..This integrated research grant proposal offers a substantial prospect of expanding the fund of clinical knowledge regarding ARVD and of localizing the gene(s) responsible for this disorder. ..
- Uropathogen Detection Using DNA BiosensorsBernard Churchill; Fiscal Year: 2006..Specific Aim 4 will involve batch fabrication of the device and clinical examination of the association between urosensor results and clinical correlates of urinary tract infection...
- Phosphoinositide and Inositol Polyphosphate ProbesGlenn Prestwich; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Revitalizing Allografts for Craniofacial ReconstructionEdward Schwarz; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Tumor perfusion in small animals with tomographic digital subtraction angiographyCristian Badea; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- TRANSMURAL DEFORMATIONJeffrey Omens; Fiscal Year: 2008..We will test the hypothesis that minimizing the 'prestretch' tissue area can be used as an algorithm to select pacing sites which improve global and regional function in the failing heart. ..
- Effectiveness Trial of Attention Shaping for SchizophreniaSteven M Silverstein; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Computational Approach to Ligand Discovery for LPA GPCR and PPARAbby L Parrill; Fiscal Year: 2010..This research can therefore lead to new treatments for cardiovascular disease and cancer. ..
- PKC-EHN-PKD signal complex in cardiac remodelingMasahiko Hoshijima; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Multiple-tumor aberrant growth genesPatent Number: EP0727487-A1; Date:1996-08-21
- MULTIPLE-TUMOR ABERRANT GROWTH GENESPatent Number: WO9625493-A1; Date:1996-08-22