Genomes and Genes
lipopolysaccharide binding protein
Gene Symbol: lipopolysaccharide binding protein
Description: lipopolysaccharide binding protein
Alias: BPIFD2, lipopolysaccharide-binding protein, BPI fold containing family D, member 2, LPS-binding protein
Publications303 found, 100 shown here
- Lipopolysaccharide-binding protein in critically ill neonates and children with suspected infection: comparison with procalcitonin, interleukin-6, and C-reactive proteinMaja Pavcnik-Arnol
Department of Pediatric Surgery and Intensive Care, University Medical Center Ljubljana, Zaloska 7, 1525 Ljubljana, Slovenia
Intensive Care Med 30:1454-60. 2004..To evaluate markers of infection in critically ill neonates and children, comparing lipopolysaccharide-binding protein (LBP) with procalcitonin (PCT), interleukin-6 (IL-6), and C-reactive protein (CRP)...
- Structure and function of lipopolysaccharide binding proteinR R Schumann
Department of Immunology, Research Institute of Scripps Clinic, La Jolla, CA 92037
Science 249:1429-31. 1990The primary structure of lipopolysaccharide binding protein (LBP), a trace plasma protein that binds to the lipid A moiety of bacterial lipopolysaccharides (LPSs), was deduced by sequencing cloned complementary DNA...
- Antagonistic effects of lipopolysaccharide binding protein and bactericidal/permeability-increasing protein on lipopolysaccharide-induced cytokine release by mononuclear phagocytes. Competition for binding to lipopolysaccharideM A Dentener
Department of Surgery, University of Limburg, Maastricht, The Netherlands
J Immunol 151:4258-65. 1993Serum proteins play an important role in LPS-induced cell activation. The LPS binding protein (LBP) enhances cellular responses to LPS, whereas the polymorphonuclear leukocyte product bactericidal/permeability-increasing protein (BPI) ..
- Lipopolysaccharide binding protein and serum amyloid A secretion by human intestinal epithelial cells during the acute phase responseA C Vreugdenhil
Department of General Surgery, Maastricht University, The Netherlands
J Immunol 163:2792-8. 1999The acute phase proteins LPS binding protein (LBP) and serum amyloid A (SAA) are produced by the liver and are present in the circulation. Both proteins have been shown to participate in the immune response to endotoxins...
- Production of the acute-phase protein lipopolysaccharide-binding protein by respiratory type II epithelial cells: implications for local defense to bacterial endotoxinsM A Dentener
Departments of Pulmonology and Surgery, Maastricht University, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 23:146-53. 2000..The local production of this endotoxin binding protein by lung epithelial cells might contribute to a highly specific response at the site of exposure to bacteria and bacterial endotoxins...
- Gene variants of the bactericidal/permeability increasing protein and lipopolysaccharide binding protein in sepsis patients: gender-specific genetic predisposition to sepsisJ A Hubacek
Institute for Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine, The University of Regensburg, Germany
Crit Care Med 29:557-61. 2001..BPI) (Lys216 --> Glu; PstI polymorphism in intron 5; silent mutation G545 --> C) and the lipopolysaccharide binding protein (LBP) (Cys98 --> Gly; Pro436 --> Leu) are associated with the incidence and lethality of sepsis...
- Dual role of lipopolysaccharide (LPS)-binding protein in neutralization of LPS and enhancement of LPS-induced activation of mononuclear cellsT Gutsmann
Department of Immunochemistry and Biochemical Microbiology, Center for Medicine and Biosciences, Research Center Borstel, D 23845 Borstel, Germany
Infect Immun 69:6942-50. 2001....
- High concentrations of lipopolysaccharide-binding protein in serum of patients with severe sepsis or septic shock inhibit the lipopolysaccharide response in human monocytesJ Zweigner
Institut für Mikrobiologie und Hygiene, Universitatsklinikum Charite, Medizinische Fakultat der Humboldt Universitat zu Berlin, Germany
Blood 98:3800-8. 2001..In summary, the inhibition of LPS effects by high concentrations of LBP in acute-phase serum, as described here, may represent a novel defense mechanism of the host in severe sepsis and during bacterial infections...
- Lipopolysaccharide (LPS)-binding protein mediates LPS detoxification by chylomicronsAnita C E Vreugdenhil
Nutrition and Toxicology Research Institute Maastricht, Department of General Surgery, Maastricht University, Maastricht, The Netherlands
J Immunol 170:1399-405. 2003..Besides a role in the detoxification of bacterial toxin present in the circulation, we believe that LBP-chylomicron complexes may be part of a local defense mechanism of the intestine against translocated bacterial toxin...
- Lipoteichoic acid (LTA) of Streptococcus pneumoniae and Staphylococcus aureus activates immune cells via Toll-like receptor (TLR)-2, lipopolysaccharide-binding protein (LBP), and CD14, whereas TLR-4 and MD-2 are not involvedNicolas W J Schröder
Institut für Mikrobiologie und Hygiene, Universitatsklinikum Charite, Medizinische Fakultat der Humboldt Universitat zu Berlin, Dorotheenstrasse 96, D 10117 Berlin, Germany
J Biol Chem 278:15587-94. 2003..However, the involvement of TLR-4 and MD-2 in this process was ruled out...
- Lipopolysaccharide binding protein promoter variants influence the risk for Gram-negative bacteremia and mortality after allogeneic hematopoietic cell transplantationJason W Chien
Clinical Research Division, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA 98109 1024, USA
Blood 111:2462-9. 2008b>Lipopolysaccharide binding protein (LBP) function is dependent on circulating LBP levels. Disturbance of LBP transcription regulation may influence the risk for clinical events...
- Lipopolysaccharide-binding protein and CD14 are increased in the bronchoalveolar lavage fluid of smokersV Regueiro
Program Infection and Immunity, Fundació Caubet CIMERA Illes Balears, Recinto Hospital Joan March, Carretera Soller km 12, 07110 Bunyola, Spain
Eur Respir J 33:273-81. 2009..Thus, in the inflamed airways of smokers both proteins could contribute to inhibit bacteria-dependent cellular activation without compromising the internalisation of pathogens by airway cells...
- Serum lipopolysaccharide binding protein levels predict severity of lung injury and mortality in patients with severe sepsisJesus Villar
CIBER de Enfermedades Respiratorias, Instituto de Salud Carlos III, Madrid, Spain
PLoS ONE 4:e6818. 2009..We performed a prospective, multicenter, observational study to investigate the time-course of lipopolysaccharide binding protein (LBP) serum levels in patients with severe sepsis and examined whether serial serum levels of LBP ..
- A marker of endotoxemia is associated with obesity and related metabolic disorders in apparently healthy ChineseLiang Sun
Key Laboratory of Nutrition and Metabolism, Institute for Nutritional Sciences, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences and Graduate School of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai, China
Diabetes Care 33:1925-32. 2010..We aimed to investigate the association between plasma LBP and metabolic disorders in apparently healthy Chinese...
- Determinants of serum concentrations of lipopolysaccharide-binding protein (LBP) in the adult population: the role of obesityArturo Gonzalez-Quintela
Department of Internal Medicine, Complejo Hospitalario Universitario, Santiago de Compostela, Spain
PLoS ONE 8:e54600. 2013....
- Soluble (s) CD14 and plasmatic lipopolysaccharides (LPS) in patients with chronic hepatitis C before and after treatment with interferon (IFN)-alphaE Jirillo
I.R.C.C.S. S. de Bellis, Laboratory of Immunopathology, Castellana Grotte (Bari
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 20:1-14. 1998CDI4 is a monocyte/polymorphonuclear cell receptor for lipopolysaccharide (LPS)-LPS Binding Protein (LBP), which mediates most of the toxic effects exerted by such a bacterial component in the host...
- A comparison of equine and bovine sera as sources of lipopolysaccharide-binding protein activity in equine monocytes incubated with lipopolysaccharideMonica D Figueiredo
Department of Large Animal Medicine, The University of Georgia, Athens, GA 30602 7385, USA
Vet Immunol Immunopathol 121:275-80. 2008..Although the heat inactivation process did not affect the LBP activity in CES, it ablated LBP activity in AES. Consequently, investigators are advised to utilize either CES or AES in future studies, but not heat-inactivated AES...
- Capacity of the clinical picture to characterize low back pain relieved by facet joint anesthesia. Proposed criteria to identify patients with painful facet jointsM Revel
, , Paris, France
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 23:1972-6; discussion 1977. 1998..These characteristics should not, however, be considered as definite diagnostic criteria of lower back pain originating from facet joints...
- Predicting long-term disability in low back injured workers presenting to a spine consultantT R Lehmann
Louisville Orthopedic Clinic and Sports Rehabilitation Center, Kentucky
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 18:1103-12. 1993..DCLBP was found to be correlated only with marital status, as married patients returned to work more quickly than single patients (P < 0.01).(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 400 WORDS)..
- Acute phase response in two consecutive experimentally induced E. coli intramammary infections in dairy cowsLeena Suojala
Department of Production Animal Medicine, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Helsinki, FI 04920 Saarentaus, Finland
Acta Vet Scand 50:18. 2008Acute phase proteins haptoglobin (Hp), serum amyloid A (SAA) and lipopolysaccharide binding protein (LBP) have suggested to be suitable inflammatory markers for bovine mastitis...
- Health care utilization for low back pain in Belgium. Influence of sociocultural factors and health beliefsM Szpalski
, Longchamp, Brussels, Belgium
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 20:431-42. 1995..The association of history of spinal surgery with reports of daily LBP suggests that spinal surgery has failed, at least partly, to relieve LBP...
- Classification of nonspecific low back pain. I. Psychological involvement in low back pain. A clinical, descriptive approachJ Coste
Service de Rhumatologie, , Boulogne, France
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 17:1028-37. 1992....
- Factors associated with concentrations of select cytokine and acute phase proteins in dairy cows with naturally occurring clinical mastitisJ R Wenz
Field Disease Investigation Unit, Department of Clinical Sciences, Washington State University, Pullman 99164, USA
J Dairy Sci 93:2458-70. 2010..Furthermore, the results of this study provide useful data for planning future studies examining the role of the innate immune response in CM...
- Low-back pain in pregnancy. Abdominal muscles, sit-up performance, and back painA Fast
Department of Physical Medicine and Rahabilitation, St Vincent s Hospital and Medical Center of New York, New York
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 15:28-30. 1990..6% of pregnant women could not perform a single sit-up. There was no statistically significant correlation between the sit-up performance and backache. It may be concluded that during pregnancy the abdominal muscles become insufficient...
- Determinants of sciatica and low-back painM Heliovaara
Research Institute for Social Security, Social Insurance Institution, Helsinki, Finland
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 16:608-14. 1991..4; 95% CI, 0.3-0.8). Many factors, independent of each other, determine the occurrence of chronic low-back syndromes. The determinants of sciatica and LBP are different to some extent...
- Psychomotor speed and postural control in chronic low back pain patients A controlled follow-up studyS Luoto
ORTON Rehabilitation Centre, Invalid Foundation, Helsinki, Finland
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 21:2621-7. 1996..Psychomotor speed improved during an active, functional, restoration back rehabilitation program...
- An epidemiologic study of occupational low back pain in truck driversM Miyamoto
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Nippon Medical School, Tokyo, Japan
J Nippon Med Sch 67:186-90. 2000..From the viewpoint of prophylaxis, an improvement in working conditions reduces the incidence of drivers' LBP to some extent...
- Anthropometric measurements and the incidence of low back pain in a cohort of pubertal childrenM Nissinen
Laakso Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 19:1367-70. 1994..These associations were not significant in girls. CONCLUSIONS. Sitting height and trunk asymmetry may contribute to LBP in pubertal children. The role of anthropometric characteristics seems, however, modest...
- C-terminal fragment of human laminin-binding protein contains a receptor domain for venezuelan equine encephalitis and tick-borne encephalitis virusesA A Malygin
Institute of Chemical Biology and Fundamental Medicine, Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Novosibirsk, 630090, Russia
Biochemistry (Mosc) 74:1328-36. 2009....
- Evidence of lumbar multifidus muscle wasting ipsilateral to symptoms in patients with acute/subacute low back painJ A Hides
Department of Physiotherapy, Mater Hospital, Brisbane, Australia
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 19:165-72. 1994..The fact that reduced CSA, i.e., wasting, was unilateral and isolated to one level suggests that the mechanism of wasting was not generalized disuse atrophy or spinal reflex inhibition.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- Validity of patient reporting and predictive value of industrial physical work demandsI Lindström
Department of Orthopaedics, University of Goteborg, Sahlgren Hospital, Sweden
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 19:888-93. 1994..This prospective study analyzed industrial physical work demands. The patients (n = 103), sick-listed 8 weeks because of low back pain, were industrial blue-collar workers in the car manufacturing industry...
- Occupational disability due to low back pain: a new interdisciplinary classification based on a phase model of disabilityN Krause
Department of Epidemiology, School of Public Health, University of California at Berkeley
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 19:1011-20. 1994..The authors propose an eight-phase classification system primarily based on the duration of work disability and that takes into account other biomedical, developmental, and social characteristics of work-disability resulting from LBP...
- A systematic review on the effectiveness of physical and rehabilitation interventions for chronic non-specific low back painMarienke van Middelkoop
Department of General Practice, Erasmus MC, University Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Eur Spine J 20:19-39. 2011....
- Gene therapy with lipopolysaccharide binding protein for gram-negative pneumonia: respiratory physiologyMark R Hemmila
Department of Surgery, University of Michigan Health System, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 0033, USA
J Trauma 61:598-605; discussion 605-6. 2006b>Lipopolysaccharide binding protein (LBP) plays an essential role in the pulmonary immune response to gram-negative bacterial infection...
- Prevalence and risk factors of low back pain among nurses in Africa: Nigerian and Ethiopian specialized hospitals survey studyLamina Sikiru
Department of Physiology Physiotherapy, Faculty of Medical Sciences, Jimma University, Ethiopia
East Afr J Public Health 6:22-5. 2009..The objective of this study was to determine the prevalence and risk factors of LBP among nurses in African...
- High-mobility group box-1 protein, lipopolysaccharide-binding protein, interleukin-6 and C-reactive protein in children with community acquired infections and bacteraemia: a prospective studyJana Pavare
Riga Stradins University, Chair of Pediatrics, Riga, Latvia
BMC Infect Dis 10:28. 2010..The second aim was to examine HMGB1, LBP, IL6 and CRP as markers for of bacteraemia...
- Clinical critical qualitative evaluation of the selected randomized controlled trials in current acupuncture researches for low back painEdwin Yong Miao
M Modern Traditional Chinese Medical Clinic, Ringwood, Victoria, Australia
Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Xue Bao 8:1133-46. 2010..Many randomized controlled trials (RCTs) and reviews concluded that acupuncture is not an effective treatment for low back pain (LBP) and there is no difference between real acupuncture and sham acupuncture in the treatment of LBP...
- Expression of lipopolysaccharide binding protein and its receptor CD14 in experimental alcoholic liver diseaseG Q Zuo
Department of Digestive Disease, Second College of Clinical Medicine and the Second Affiliated Hospital, Chongqing University of Medical Sciences, Chongqing 400010, China
World J Gastroenterol 7:836-40. 2001..To evaluate the relationship between the expression of lipopolysaccharides (LPS) binding protein (LBP) and CD14 mRNA and the severity of liver injury in alcohol-fed rats...
- Classification of nonspecific low back pain. II. Clinical diversity of organic formsJ Coste
Service de Rhumatologie, , Boulogne, France
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 17:1038-42. 1992..More comprehensive descriptions and evaluations of clinical symptoms and syndromes appear necessary in order to elaborate a clinical classification of LBP...
- An epidemiological study on occupational low back pain among people who work in constructionK Kaneda
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Nippon Medical School, 1-1-5 Sendagi, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-8602, Japan
J Nippon Med Sch 68:310-7. 2001..These findings have led us to the conclusion that not only providing good physical working environments, but also giving instructive and psychological care are important in preventing the onset of LBP in construction workers...
- Sociocultural factors and back pain. A population-based study in Belgian adultsM L Skovron
Hospital for Joint Diseases, New York University School of Medicine, New York
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 19:129-37. 1994..Prospective studies are needed to confirm these results and elucidate causal relationships...
- Symptomatology of recurrent low back pain in nursing and administrative professionsPeter Schenk
Center for Organisational and Occupational Health Sciences ZOA, ETH Zurich, Leonhardstrasse 25a, 8092, Zurich, Switzerland
Eur Spine J 16:1789-98. 2007....
- The relationship of low-back pain to pregnancy and gynecologic factorsH O Svensson
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery I, Sahlgren Hospital, University of Goteborg, Sweden
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 15:371-5. 1990..In 50- to 64-year-old women, two variables were directly associated to LBP viz., a higher number of live births and a higher frequency of menopausal symptoms...
- Can cost utility evaluations inform decision making about interventions for low back pain?Simon Dagenais
Department of Epidemiology and Community Medicine, University of Ottawa, 451 Smyth Road, Ottawa, ON, K1H 8M5 Canada
Spine J 9:944-57. 2009..Numerous interventions are routinely used, although few are supported by strong evidence. Cost utility analyses (CUAs) may be helpful to inform decision makers...
- A study of work stress, patient handling activities and the risk of low back pain among nurses in Hong KongY Yip
Department of Nursing and Health Sciences, Faculty of Health and Social Studies, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hung Hom, Hong Kong, China
J Adv Nurs 36:794-804. 2001..Low back pain (LBP) remains a common and costly problem among the nursing profession. Several studies have indicated that LBP is attributed to mentally straining or demanding work, fatigue or exhaustion or general work satisfaction...
- Efficacy of spinal manipulation and mobilization for low back pain and neck pain: a systematic review and best evidence synthesisGert Bronfort
Department of Research, Wolfe Harris Center for Clinical Studies, Northwestern Health Sciences University, 2501 W, 84th Street Bloomington, MN 55431, USA
Spine J 4:335-56. 2004....
- Physical workload, low back pain and neck-shoulder pain: a Swedish twin studyT Nyman
Department of Public Health Sciences, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Occup Environ Med 66:395-401. 2009....
- The predictive effect of fear-avoidance beliefs on low back pain among newly qualified health care workers with and without previous low back pain: a prospective cohort studyJette Nygaard Jensen
The National Research Centre for the Working Environment, Copenhagen, Denmark
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 10:117. 2009....
- The biomechanics of the lumbosacral region in acute and chronic low back pain patientsGüldal Funda Nakipoğlu
Ankara Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Education and Research Hospitals, Ankara, Turkey
Pain Physician 11:505-11. 2008..We chose to investigate the lumbar lordosis angle, segmental lumbar lordosis angle, SIA, LSA and SHA in acute and chronic low back pain (LBP) patients as well as the correlation between spinal stability and these angles...
- Synthesis of recommendations for the assessment and management of low back pain from recent clinical practice guidelinesSimon Dagenais
Palladian Health, 2732 Transit Rd, West Seneca, NY 14224, USA
Spine J 10:514-29. 2010..The quality and consistency of recommendations from these CPGs are currently unknown...
- Variations in balance and body sway in middle-aged adults. Subjects with healthy backs compared with subjects with low-back dysfunctionN Nies
Graduate Program in Physical Therapy, University of California, San Francisco
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 16:325-30. 1991..Effective physical therapy assessment and treatment of LBP patients may require attention to postural alignment, strength, flexibility, joint stability, balance reactions, and postural strategies...
- Socio-psychological stressors as risk factors for low back pain in Chinese middle-aged womenY B Yip
Department of Nursing and Health Sciences, Faculty of Health and Social Studies, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong, China
J Adv Nurs 36:409-16. 2001..This study aims to explore the relationship between socio-psychological stress and low back pain (LBP) prevalence among Chinese middle-aged women...
- Effects of chronic low back pain on trunk coordination and back muscle activity during walking: changes in motor controlClaudine J C Lamoth
Institute for Fundamental and Clinical Human Movement Sciences, Faculty of Human Movement Sciences, Vrije Universiteit, Van der Boechorststraat 9, 1081 BT, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Eur Spine J 15:23-40. 2006..Clinically, the results imply that conservative therapy should consider gait training as well as exercises aimed at improving both intersegmental and muscle coordination...
- Investigation of elevated fear-avoidance beliefs for patients with low back pain: a secondary analysis involving patients enrolled in physical therapy clinical trialsSteven Z George
Department of Physical Therapy, Brooks Center for Rehabilitation Studies, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32611 0154, USA
J Orthop Sports Phys Ther 38:50-8. 2008..Secondary analysis...
- Lipopolysaccharide binding protein in a surgical intensive care unit: a marker of sepsis?Yasser Sakr
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, Friedrich Schiller University Hospital, Jena, Germany
Crit Care Med 36:2014-22. 2008We investigated the time course of lipopolysaccharide binding protein (LBP) plasma concentrations in patients in the surgical intensive care unit (ICU), their value in discriminating sepsis from systemic inflammatory response syndrome, ..
- Identifying patients at risk of becoming disabled because of low-back pain. The Vermont Rehabilitation Engineering Center predictive modelW L Cats Baril
School of Business Administration, McClure Musculoskeletal Research Center, University of Vermont, Burlington
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 16:605-7. 1991....
- Effects of lifestyle and work-related physical activity on the degree of lumbar lordosis and chronic low back pain in a Middle East populationM R Nourbakhsh
University of Social Welfare and Rehabilitation Sciences, Tehran, Iran
J Spinal Disord 14:283-92. 2001..This finding indicates that the effect of these factors on LBP involves mechanisms other than changing the degree of lumbar lordosis...
- Work retention and nonspecific low back painMarco A Campello
Occupational and Industrial Orthopaedic Center, NYU Hospital for Joint Diseases, New York, NY 10014, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 31:1850-7. 2006..A cohort study of patients with nonspecific low back pain (LBP) participated in a 4-week multidisciplinary rehabilitation program...
- The role of physical fitness as risk indicator of increased low back pain intensity among people working with physically and mentally disabled persons: a 30-month prospective studyJesper Strøyer
National Research Centre for the Working Environment, Copenhagen, Denmark
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 33:546-54. 2008..A prospective cohort study...
- Effects of attention on the control of locomotion in individuals with chronic low back painClaudine J C Lamoth
Research Institute MOVE, Faculty of Human Movement Sciences, VU University Amsterdam, Van der Boechorststraat 9, 1081 BT, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Neuroeng Rehabil 5:13. 2008..Conversely, because chronic pain has a strong attentional component, diverting attention away from the pain might facilitate a more efficient walking pattern...
- Radiographic predictors of residual low back pain after laminectomy for lumbar spinal canal stenosis: minimum 5-year follow-upYingpeng Xia
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, School of Medicine, Keio University, Tokyo, Japan
J Spinal Disord Tech 21:153-8. 2008..Retrospective study of patients who underwent laminectomy for unification...
- Psychosocial education improves low back pain beliefs: results from a cluster randomized clinical trial (NCT00373009) in a primary prevention settingSteven Z George
Department of Physical Therapy, Brooks Center for Rehabilitation Studies, Center for Pain Research and Behavioral Health, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32610 0154, USA
Eur Spine J 18:1050-8. 2009..This is the first randomized trial to show positive influence on LBP beliefs in a primary prevention setting, and these findings have potentially important public health implications for prevention of LBP...
- The relationship of low-back pain, work history, work environment, and stress. A retrospective cross-sectional study of 38- to 64-year-old womenH O Svensson
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery I, Sahlgren Hospital, , Sweden
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 14:517-22. 1989..In a covariate analysis, however, only the three psychological variables remained directly associated to LBP viz. dissatisfaction with the work environment, a higher degree of worry, and fatigue at the end of the work day...
- 1987 Volvo award in clinical sciences. The perception of back pain and the role of psychophysical tests of lifting capacityJ D Troup
Department of Orthopaedic and Accident Surgery, University of Liverpool, United Kingdom
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 12:645-57. 1987..But when the previous history of LBP was known, then the test results significantly enhanced the prediction...
- Low back pain. Epidemiologic aspects and work-related factors in the steel industryD Masset
Occupational Hygiene and Work Physiology Unit, Catholic University of Louvain, Brussels, Belgium
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 19:143-6. 1994..15). The other characteristics of the working conditions such as physical workload, postures and movements of the trunk, or exposure to whole body vibrations were not associated with an increased prevalence of LBP...
- A comparison of high-mobility group-box 1 protein, lipopolysaccharide-binding protein and procalcitonin in severe community-acquired infections and bacteraemia: a prospective studyShahin Gaïni
Department of Infectious Diseases, Odense University Hospital, Søndre Boulevard 29, DK 5000 Odense C, Denmark
Crit Care 11:R76. 2007..The study plan included analysis of the levels of the inflammatory markers in relation to the severity of infection, to the prognosis and to the ability to identify patients with bacteraemia...
- Stiffness and neuromuscular reflex response of the human spine to posteroanterior manipulative thrusts in patients with low back painC J Colloca
Postdoctoral and Related Professional Education Department, Logan College of Chiropractic, St Louis, MO, USA
J Manipulative Physiol Ther 24:489-500. 2001....
- Association between sitting and occupational LBPAngela Maria Lis
Occupational and Industrial Orthopaedic Center, New York, NY, USA
Eur Spine J 16:283-98. 2007....
- A retrospective study of low-back pain in 38- to 64-year-old women. Frequency of occurrence and impact on medical servicesH O Svensson
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Sahlgren Hospital, University of Goteborg, Sweden
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 13:548-52. 1988..01). Increased LBP when performing certain activities of daily living was common, and significantly more pronounced in the older age group...
- Prevalence of and risk factors for different measures of low back pain among female nursing aides in Taiwanese nursing homesChao Kang Feng
Institute of Public Health, National Yang Ming University No 155, Taipei, Taiwan
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 8:52. 2007..This study aimed to assess the prevalence of and risk factors for different measures of LBP among NAs in Taiwan...
- Modic changes, possible causes and relation to low back painH B Albert
All The Back Research Center, Part of Clinical Locomotion Science, University of Southern Denmark, Lindevej 5, 5750 Ringe, Denmark
Med Hypotheses 70:361-8. 2008..The MC could be the visible signs of the inflammation and oedema surrounding this infection, because the anaerobic bacteria cannot thrive in the highly aerobic environment of the MC type 1...
- Atherosclerosis and disc degeneration/low-back pain--a systematic reviewL I Kauppila
Terveystalo Healthcare, Helsinki, Finland
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 37:661-70. 2009..The diminished blood flow could result in various back problems. The aim of this systematic literature review was to assess associations between atherosclerosis and disc degeneration (DD) or low-back pain (LBP)...
- Low-back pain and occupation. A cross-sectional questionnaire study of men in machine operating, dynamic physical work, and sedentary workH Riihimaki
LEL Employment Pension Fund, Helsinki, Finland
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 14:204-9. 1989..Allowing for other risk indicators, the relative risk was 1.3 contrasting machine operators with both office workers and carpenters, but carpenters had no excess risk as compared with office workers...
- Traction for low back pain with or without sciatica: an updated systematic review within the framework of the Cochrane collaborationJudy Clarke
Institute for Work and Health, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 31:1591-9. 2006..Systematic review...
- A review of studies on seated whole body vibration and low back painM H Pope
Department of Environmental and Occupational Medicine, University of Aberdeen, Scotland, UK
Proc Inst Mech Eng H 213:435-46. 1999..Physiologic changes also occur with WBV. The risk of LBP can be reduced by vibration damping, good ergonomic design, reducing exposure, and reducing other risks such as lifting...
- Fear-avoidance beliefs and distress in relation to disability in acute and chronic low back painMargreth Grotle
Section for Health Science, University of Oslo, P O Box 1153 Blindern, N 0316 Oslo, Norway
Pain 112:343-52. 2004..The results replicate previous reports on the association between pain experience, fear-avoidance beliefs, distress, and disability in chronic LBP, and extend the findings to patients at an early stage of acute LBP...
- Clinical course and impact of fear-avoidance beliefs in low back pain: prospective cohort study of acute and chronic low back pain: IIMargreth Grotle
National Resource Center for Rehabilitation in Rheumatology, Diakonhjemmet Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 31:1038-46. 2006..Prospective inception cohort study...
- [Israeli guidelines for prevention of low back pain]A Lahad
Department of Family, Hebrew University, Jerusalem, Israel
Harefuah 146:253-7, 320. 2007..Despite the intuitive appeal of the idea, there is no evidence, at this time, that attempts to prevent LBP in schoolchildren will have any impact on LBP in adults (Level D)...
- Spondylolysis and spondylolisthesis: prevalence and association with low back pain in the adult community-based populationLeonid Kalichman
Clinical Epidemiology Research and Training Unit, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 34:199-205. 2009..Cross-sectional study...
- Factors associated with variability in length of sick leave because of acute low back pain in ChileClaudio Diaz-Ledezma
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Mutual de Seguridad CChC, Clinica Alemana, Universidad del Desarrollo, Santiago, Chile
Spine J 9:1010-5. 2009..Most research on risk factors for prolonged sick leave because of LBP has been done in Anglo-Saxon or Northern European populations with occupational LBP. Few studies have been conducted in less affluent Latin countries...
- Compliance for low-back pain patients in the emergency department. A randomized trialS L Jones
School of Nursing, Kent State University, Ohio
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 13:553-6. 1988..Other factors predicting compliance included persistence of pain symptoms, previous treatment of LBP by a health care provider, and an unmet need for child care...
- Successful treatment of low back pain and neck pain after a motor vehicle accident despite litigationJ Schofferman
SpineCare Medical Group, San Francisco Spine Institute, Daly City, California
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 19:1007-10. 1994..CONCLUSION. Patients with low back pain or neck pain resulting from a motor vehicle accident showed a statistically significant improvement with treatment despite ongoing litigation...
- Distinguishable groups of musculoskeletal low back pain patients and asymptomatic control subjects based on physical measures of the NIOSH Low Back AtlasM T Moffroid
Department of Physical Therapy, University of Vermont, Burlington
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 19:1350-8. 1994..Distinguishable groups can be determined; decreased trunk mobility characterized all groups of patients and imbalances in muscle length, strength, and symmetry described specific groups of subjects with and without low back pain...
- Tall stature, overweight and the prevalence of low back pain in Chinese middle-aged womenY B Yip
Department of Nursing and Health Sciences, Faculty of Health and Social Studies, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hung Hom, Hong Kong, Republic of China
Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 25:887-92. 2001..First, to estimate the rate and characteristic of low back pain (LBP) among Hong Kong middle-aged women. Second, to explore the relationship between being overweight, having tall stature and LBP prevalence...
- Functional impairment as a predictor of spine loadingWilliam S Marras
Biodynamics Laboratory, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 30:729-37. 2005..Spine loadings during a variety of lifting exertions were compared with individual torso kinematic abilities. Relationships were evaluated between these measures...
- Failure to use movement in postural strategies leads to increased spinal displacement in low back painNicola W Mok
Division of Physiotherapy, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 32:E537-43. 2007..Lumbar and hip movements, before and in response to rapid bilateral arm flexion, were evaluated in 10 people with recurrent low back pain (LBP) and 10 matched control subjects when standing on a flat surface or short base...
- [The actual condition of musculoskeletal disorders of workers working at new special nursing homes for the aged in Osaka Prefecture--comparison of musculoskeletal disorder between manager's awareness and care workers' complaints by questionnaire survey]Kimiko Tomioka
Department of Community Health and Epidemiology, Nara Medical School of Medicine, Kashihara City, Nara, Japan
Sangyo Eiseigaku Zasshi 49:216-22. 2007..For managers to grasp the actual condition of musculoskeletal disorders of workers working at the nursing homes for the aged, we recommend that care workers should have a special health examination for LBP...
- Metrics of whole-body vibration and exposure-response relationship for low back pain in professional drivers: a prospective cohort studyMassimo Bovenzi
Unità Clinica Operativa di Medicina del Lavoro, Dipartimento di Scienze di Medicina Pubblica, Azienda Ospedaliero Universitaria Ospedali Riuniti di Trieste, Universita di Trieste, Centro Tumori, Via della Pieta 19, 34129, Trieste, Italy
Int Arch Occup Environ Health 82:893-917. 2009..The objective of this study was to investigate the relation between alternative measures of exposure to whole-body vibration (WBV) and low back pain (LBP) in professional drivers...
- The influence of preoperative back pain on the outcome of lumbar decompression surgeryFrank S Kleinstück
Spine Center, Schulthess Klinik, Zurich, Switzerland
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 34:1198-203. 2009..Prospective study with 12-month follow-up...
- Lipopolysaccharide-binding protein: Local expression in bovine extrahepatic tissuesMd Mizanur Rahman
Dipartimento di Patologia Animale, Igiene e Sanita Pubblica Veterinaria, Universita di Milano, Via Celoria 10, 20133 Milano, Italy
Vet Immunol Immunopathol 137:28-35. 2010..These results suggest that ruminant forestomachs may mount a local acute phase reaction...
- The lumbar spine and low back pain in golf: a literature review of swing biomechanics and injury preventionGeorge S Gluck
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Chapel Hill, NC 27514, USA
Spine J 8:778-88. 2008..The golf swing imparts significant stress on the lumbar spine. Not surprisingly, low back pain (LBP) is one of the most common musculoskeletal complaints among golfers...
- A randomized controlled trial of transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (CODETRON) to determine its benefits in a rehabilitation program for acute occupational low back painE Herman
School of Occupational Therapy and Physiotherapy, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 19:561-8. 1994..Under the experimental conditions of this trial, no additional benefits of TENS/CODETRON were detected when added to an active exercise regimen...
- Massage for low-back pain: a systematic review within the framework of the Cochrane Collaboration Back Review GroupAndrea D Furlan
Institute for Work and Health, Toronto, Canada
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 27:1896-910. 2002..Low back pain (LBP) is one of the most common and costly musculoskeletal problems in modern society. Proponents of massage therapy claim it can minimize pain and disability and speed return-to-normal function...
- Lipopolysaccharide-binding protein modulates hepatic damage and the inflammatory response after hemorrhagic shock and resuscitationMark Lehnert
Medical Univ of South Carolina, 280 Calhoun St, PO Box 250140, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 291:G456-63. 2006..An absence of LBP blunts hepatocellular injury with decreased neutrophil infiltration, oxidative stress, and c-Jun and ERK activation...
- Determinants for receiving acupuncture for LBP and associated treatments: a prospective cohort studyJean Francois Chenot
Dpt, of General Practice, University of Gottingen, Humboldtallee 38, 37073 Goettingen, Germany
BMC Health Serv Res 6:149. 2006..Therefore, we explored factors associated with acupuncture treatment for LBP and the relation of acupuncture with other health care services...
- Causal assessment of awkward occupational postures and low back pain: results of a systematic reviewDarren M Roffey
Clinical Epidemiology Program, Ottawa Hospital Research Institute, 725 Parkdale Ave, Ottawa, ON K1Y 4E9, Canada
Spine J 10:89-99. 2010..Although numerous physical activities have been implicated in its complex etiology, determining causation remains challenging and requires a methodologically rigorous approach...
- A magnetic resonance imaging investigation of the transversus abdominis muscle during drawing-in of the abdominal wall in elite Australian Football League players with and without low back painJulie A Hides
Division of Physiotherapy, School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
J Orthop Sports Phys Ther 40:4-10. 2010..Single-blinded quasi-experimental study...
- A Cochrane review of combined chiropractic interventions for low-back painBruce F Walker
Faculty of Health Sciences, School of Chiropractic and Sports Science, Murdoch University, Murdoch, Australia
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 36:230-42. 2011..Cochrane systematic review of randomized controlled trials...
- Normative database for trunk range of motion, strength, velocity, and endurance with the Isostation B-200 Lumbar DynamometerT Gomez
Back Evaluation and Education Program, Workers Compensation Board of British Columbia, Richmond
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 16:15-21. 1991..The normative database is reported in terms of descriptive statistics allowing comparison of future test results within the normal distribution and corrected for significant demographic features...
- Leg-length inequality in people of working age. The association between mild inequality and low-back pain is questionableA Soukka
Orthopaedic Hospital of the Invalid Foundation, Helsinki, Finland
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 16:429-31. 1991..78 (95% confidence interval, 0.43-1.17) and 1.02 (0.68-1.38), respectively, for an increase of 5 mm in leg-length inequality. The results from this study make an association between mild leg-length inequality and LBP questionable...
- [Evaluation of cicletanine efficiency and tolerance in hypertensive patients treated with beta-blockaders]P Clerson
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 82:1293-7. 1989..At the end of this study the percentage of patients whose BP was normalized was respectively for groups I, II and III: 5 p. 100, 51 p. 100 and 74 p. 100. Clinical and biological tolerance were good.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- Helene M Langevin; Fiscal Year: 2015..This study aims to establish a basic mechanism common to manual and movement-based therapies that will strengthen the rationale for these treatments. ..
- LINDA R VANDILLEN; Fiscal Year: 2016..In addition, the approach described could be used to study other similarly long-term, costly, and function-limiting musculoskeletal pain conditions. ..
- Recurrent Low Back Pain: Linking Mechanisms to OutcomesSheri P Silfies; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Gram-Negative Pneumonia and Lipopolysaccharide Binding ProteinMARK RICHARD HEMMILA; Fiscal Year: 2010..on the pathogenesis of Gram-negative bacterial pneumonia, specifically with respect to the role of lipopolysaccharide binding protein (LBP). LBP is an acute phase protein that recognizes the lipid A moiety of LPS...
- XV INTERNATIONAL CONGRESS OF NUTRITIONRICHARD ALLISON; Fiscal Year: 1993..b>Lipopolysaccharide binding protein(LBP), a recently described acute phase protein, is the key component of a novel pathway in which ..
- The Intestinal Microbiome in Pediatric NAFLDNita H Salzman; Fiscal Year: 2010..2 will characterize the association of systemic inflammation, measured by levels of TNF-1, TGF-21, Lipopolysaccharide binding protein (LBP), and C-Reactive Protein (CRP), with the development of NAFLD, and the intestinal microbiome...
- Chandrashekhar R Gandhi; Fiscal Year: 2016..Such understanding is expected to highlight future avenues in developing effective treatment options, particularly in blocking the responses of HSCs to LPS or the specific signaling pathways responsible for hepatocyte injury. ..
- MENG CARLA WANG; Fiscal Year: 2016..These studies will yield new insights to the molecular mechanisms by which lipid metabolism affects the aging process, and also provide novel therapeutic targets to improve metabolic health in elderly. ..
- Jerrold Weiss; Fiscal Year: 2014..Knowledge of the molecular and cellular rules regulating TLR4 function contributes to the understanding of what determines the nature and the strength of TLR4-dependent responses in settings including, but not limited to, GNB infection. ..
- Timothy R Billiar; Fiscal Year: 2016..This, in turn, could lead to strategies that promote LPS clearance and improve outcomes in critically ill septic patients. ..
- Epithelial Cell Bactercidal/Permeability Increasing Protein in Lung InjuryJoan G Clark; Fiscal Year: 2010..wall component, lipopolysaccharide (LPS), through interaction with TLR4 in conjunction with sCD14, MD2 and LPS binding protein. The cellular inflammatory response to LPS may be further modulated by Bactercidal/Permeability Increasing ..
- Regulation of MD-2 function and expressionJerrold P Weiss; Fiscal Year: 2013..MD-2 complexes that activate TLR4;and 3) Better define in vivo actions in the murine airway of wt and variant E(lipdA).Md-2. ..
- Antibacterial and anti-inflammatory activities of Parotid Secretory ProteinSven Ulrik Gorr; Fiscal Year: 2013..Thus, the research proposed here will lay the foundation for future translational research aimed at novel clinical approaches to combat infection and control inflammation. ..
- Defining non-transcriptional innate immune responses to bacterial endotoxinJonathan C Kagan; Fiscal Year: 2013..Collectively, this work will provide important insight into the means by which non-transcriptional responses to LPS are controlled. ..
- TRAUMA & ORGAN FAILURE--ROLE OF LPS BINDING PROTEINStewart Wang; Fiscal Year: 2000..This information will provide important and previously unavailable insights into post-traumatic responses to Gram-negative sepsis and endotoxemia. ..
- WOUND RESPONSE TO INFECTION: ROLE OF LPS-BINDING PROTEINStewart Wang; Fiscal Year: 2003..b>Lipopolysaccharide binding protein (LBP) is a potent facilitator of these functions and the investigators have found high levels of LBP ..
- STRUCTURE AND AFFINITY--CALCULATING LIPID SELECTIVITYThomas Woolf; Fiscal Year: 2001..A dialogue between the computational and the experimental will expand the range of connections in the LBP superfamily beyond what would be possible for any group acting in isolation. ..
- ANDREW K FOLICK; Fiscal Year: 2015....
- Rapid, Point-of-Care Diagnosis of Neonatal SepsisGREGORY SOMMER; Fiscal Year: 2013..The company anticipates penetration into the estimated $1.5 billion global clinical neonatal and pediatric monitoring market within 4 years. ..
- John W Burns; Fiscal Year: 2015..In addition, results may suggest interventions that could directly target common pain modulatory mechanisms underlying these predictive factors. ..
- Diagnostic Biomarkers for Radicular PainGAETANO JOHN SCUDERI; Fiscal Year: 2010..In addition, Cytonics will obtain invaluable information on disease pathogenesis and biochemical targets for the expeditious development of a next generation diagnostic assay and pharmacotherapeutic(s). ..
- Dynamic Lumbar-Pelvic Coordination in the Low Back During LiftingSara E Wilson; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Aging, Neuromuscular Behavior, and Risk of Occupational Low Back PainBabak Bazrgari; Fiscal Year: 2013..By quantifying age-related alterations in TMB and the resultant effects on spine biomechanics, we expect to establish a foundation from which to develop and implement age-appropriate controls for LBP. ..
- Z Joint Changes in Low Back Pain Following AdjustingGregory Cramer; Fiscal Year: 2009..The results of this study will be used to increase understanding of the mechanism of action of lumbar side posture adjusting and side-posture positioning in acute LBP patients. ..
- Serum Inflammatory Biomarkers as Predictors of COPD Morbidity and MoralityStefano Guerra; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Peter T Nelson; Fiscal Year: 2014..The primary cel culture system will offer an experimental paradigm for testing novel methods of attenuating the dimorphic expression of miR-497 that drives alpha-SN expression. ..
- MOLECULAR BASIS OF CELL ACTIVATION IN SEPTIC SHOCKJiing Dwan Lee; Fiscal Year: 1999..The discovery that LPS, when complexed to the plasma protein, LPS binding protein (LBP), binds to membrane bound CD14 (mCD14) and that a consequence of this interaction is cell activation, ..
- Strain-Dependent Glucose Transport and Metabolism in Intervertebral DiscALICIA RENEE JACKSON; Fiscal Year: 2010..The outcome of these studies will provide insight into the etiological causes of disc degeneration and LBP and may also be used in the development of new strategies for treatment of LBP. ..
- Dose-Response/Efficacy of Manipulation for Chronic LBPMitchell Haas; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Diagnostic Biomarkers for Radicular PainLewis S Hanna; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- Gregory E Hicks; Fiscal Year: 2016....
- Neurobiological Mechanisms of Body Based Intervention for Musculoskeletal PainMark D Bishop; Fiscal Year: 2012..This means that most of the other things associated with back pain like the type of injury, the time after injury, or patients'emotional and psychological state can be accounted for when testing a treatment. ..
- Comparative Effectiveness of Management Strategies for Acute Low Back PainJulie M Fritz; Fiscal Year: 2013..The results of this study will help to determine the most effective management strategies about which care should be standardized. ..
- A Comparison of Manual VS. Mechanical Chiropractic Manipulation MethodsMichael J Schneider; Fiscal Year: 2012..abstract_text> ..
- Bruce S Weir; Fiscal Year: 2016..Genetic, physiological, psychological and clinical characteristics will be measured to determine why pain becomes persistent, and why some people develop multiple of these chronic pain conditions. ..
- Connective Tissue Motion Measure 2Robert T Davis; Fiscal Year: 2013..This will not alter device performance, rather it will reduce estimated manufacturing costs of these subsystems significantly. Upgraded device performance will be verified to match existing specifications. ..
- James S Thomas; Fiscal Year: 2016..abstract_text> ..
- Mechanisms of specific trunk Exercises in low back painSharon M Henry; Fiscal Year: 2010..This series of experiments will, for the first time, compare two classification systems used in LBP treatment and determine if they are superior to STC exercises. 4 ..
- Reducing Low-back Disorders Using a New Sitting DesignMohsen Makhsous; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Mark D Bishop; Fiscal Year: 2015..Identifying these therapies will improve management of chronic musculoskeletal pain conditions reducing the impact of LBP on healthcare and society. ..
- Biomechanical and Neurophysiological Effects of Spinal Manipulative TherapyJulie Fritz; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- NORMAN PETER REEVES; Fiscal Year: 2016..Using a cross-over experimental design, these tools will then be applied to measure changes in position and force control of the head-neck system in patients with and without neck pain before and after 4 weeks of OMT. ..
- Software for cost-benefit analysis of LBP interventionsNancy Nelson; Fiscal Year: 2006..The software will encourage adoption of methods for preventing occupational low back disorders. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Soft Tissue Biomechanical Behavior During Acupuncture in Low Back PainHelene M Langevin; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- LPS and Monocyte Activation in HIV NeuropathogenesisDana Gabuzda; Fiscal Year: 2009..The studies will also provide information that could help to identify new potential therapeutic strategies for HIV/AIDS. ..
- Care Choices and Costs for Low Back PainSylvia Kuo; Fiscal Year: 2006..Such strategies may help reduce the health care expenditures associated with LBP. The findings from this proposed research will lead to a larger study which would examine outcomes and costs. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Acupuncture and Low Back Pain during PregnancyShu Ming Wang; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Angela Renee Starkweather; Fiscal Year: 2015..Therefore, the proposed study will investigate the role of enhanced pain sensitivity on the risk of persistent LBP through characterization of pain sensitivity and pain-sensitivity candidate gene profiling. ..
- LEUKOCYTE INTERACTIONS WITH EXTRACELLULAR MATRIXARTHUR MERCURIO; Fiscal Year: 1999....
- SURFACTANT PROTEINS AND LUNG INFLAMMATIONKelly Greene; Fiscal Year: 2000..These studies combine clinically oriented studies in patients with ARDS with basic studies of new mechanisms by which surfactant proteins may modulate inflammation in the lung. ..
- Mechanisms and Effects of Chiropractic ManipulationWilliam Meeker; Fiscal Year: 2006..It will provide the focus and direction to synergistically increase the "critical mass" of personnel and resources to address an important unmet public health need. ..
- LBP/CD14 interactions with bacterial componentsRichard Darveau; Fiscal Year: 2005..These studies will provide further insight into how the innate host defense system recognizes and responds to different bacteria, a key component of both oral health and disease. ..
- The Mechanism and Function of Lumbosacral OrthosesJacek Cholewicki; Fiscal Year: 2006..In addition, data generated from the proposed research will also carry-over into advancing our understanding of the mechanisms and function of ergonomic lumbar supports. ..
- PROTEIN SECRETION IN PARASITIC NEMATODESPatricia Komuniecki; Fiscal Year: 1999..On a broad scale, the investigators intend to determine whether nematodes can be engineered to secrete specific proteins during specific stages in their life cycles. ..
- Increasing Fruits, Vegetables, and Whole Grains in Preschool Sack LunchesMARGARET BRILEY; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- NATURAL HISTORY OF ACUTE LOW BACK PAIN/RADICULOPATHYMichael Modic; Fiscal Year: 2001..In addition the authors are hypothesizing that any reduction in anxiety or reassurance associated with knowledge of MRI findings is not cost- effective. ..
- PHAGOCYTE RECEPTORS FOR LIPID ADouglas Golenbock; Fiscal Year: 2007..In addition, we will challenge this knockout animal with Salmonella to determine if and hot TRAM expression contributes to host defense. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- LBP with Radiculopathy: An Inflammatory ResponseJOYCE DELEO; Fiscal Year: 2005..This new knowledge will guide development of novel, non-addictive preventive therapies and treatments for chronic low back pain. ..
- Role of LBP-1a and p14 NF-E4 in gamma globin gene expre*STEPHEN JANE; Fiscal Year: 2004..Finally, through protein interaction studies they may identify additional novel factors important in the activation (or repression) of gamma-globin gene expression. ..
- Objective Assessment Instrumentation for Manual Therapy TechniquesSUSAN DIEKRAGER; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- ANALYSIS OF M CATARRHLIS RECEPTORS AS VACCINE ANTIGENSANTHONY CAMPAGNARI; Fiscal Year: 2003..2) To delineate membrane topography of each receptor and define antigenic domains. (3) To analyze and characterize the human antibody response, elicited in vivo, to each specific receptor. ..
- LUNG LPS BINDING PROTEIN AND ARDS AFTER TRAUMARichard Klein; Fiscal Year: 2000..b>Lipopolysaccharide binding protein (LBP), found in serum and produced locally, enhances the binding of LPS to CD14 receptor...
- MOLECULAR PATHOLOGY OF LPS INDUCED SHOCK AND DICRichard Ulevitch; Fiscal Year: 2000..In blood LPS forms a high affinity complex with a plasma protein we discovered; lipopolysaccharide binding protein (LBP) and the LPS-LBP complex binds to the plasma membrane of MO via a receptor that we have ..
- MOLECULAR PATHOLOGY OF PHAGOCYTOSIS IN SEPSISDeborah Schiff; Fiscal Year: 2000..Information obtained from these studies will help answer important questions pertaining to CD14 and its role in host defense, and may contribute to the development of new strategies for the treatment of Gram-negative infections. ..
- Motor Control Deficit in Low Back Pain: Cause or Effect?Jacek Cholewicki; Fiscal Year: 2003..The results of the proposed research will have a significant clinical relevance for designing more effective prevention, diagnosis, and rehabilitation strategies for LBP. ..
- MODULATION OF AIRWAY INFLAMMATION IN ASTHMA MODELSDavid Center; Fiscal Year: 2005..through the use of LBP-/-, CD14-/-, and TLR4-/- mice and seeks to determine why aerosol antigen challenged LPS binding protein (LBP)-/- mice lack airway hyper-reactivity (AHR) nitric oxide (NO) production. Project 3 is a renewal of Dr...
- ACTIVE CONFORMATION OF LAMININ PEPTIDE 11Jean Starkey; Fiscal Year: 1999..Other experiments will evaluate the postulate that the 67 kDa LBP may act in concert with the a6b1 integrin during tissue invasion. ..
- SF-1 INDEPENDENT TRANSCRIPTIONAL REGULATION OF P450SCCNingwu Huang; Fiscal Year: 2005..Completion of these aims will provide new information about the nature of SF-1-independent placental transcription of the human P450scc gene...
- Workers' Compensation Internet Low Back Pain StudyKate Lorig; Fiscal Year: 2001..The intervention has the potential of improving health-related quality of life and reducing days lost from work and health care utilization. It is low-cost and easily replicable. ..
- BIOCHEMICAL MECHANISMS OF CELLULAR INJURY IN TRAUMARichard Ulevitch; Fiscal Year: 2006..Grant have provided seminal findings that led to the appreciation of the importance of two proteins, LPS binding protein (LBP) and CD14, in the initiation of these host responses to LPS...