Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: LIPG
Description: lipase G, endothelial type
Alias: EDL, PRO719, endothelial lipase, endothelial cell-derived lipase, lipase, endothelial, lipoprotein lipase H
Publications204 found, 100 shown here
- A novel endothelial-derived lipase that modulates HDL metabolismM Jaye
Cardiovascular Biology Department, Rhone Poulenc Rorer Research and Development, Collegeville, Pennsylvania 19426 0107, USA
Nat Genet 21:424-8. 1999..other family members, this new lipase is synthesized by endothelial cells in vitro and thus has been termed endothelial lipase (encoded by the LIPG gene)...
- Cloning of a unique lipase from endothelial cells extends the lipase gene familyK Hirata
Division of Cardiology, Stanford University Medical School, Stanford, California, 94305, USA
J Biol Chem 274:14170-5. 1999..Its tissue-restricted pattern of expression and its ability to be expressed by endothelial cells, suggests that endothelial cell-derived lipase may have unique functions in lipoprotein metabolism and in vascular disease...
- Characterization of the lipolytic activity of endothelial lipaseMary G McCoy
Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Lipid Res 43:921-9. 2002b>Endothelial lipase (EL) is a new member of the triglyceride lipase gene family previously reported to have phospholipase activity...
- Endothelial cell-derived lipase mediates uptake and binding of high-density lipoprotein (HDL) particles and the selective uptake of HDL-associated cholesterol esters independent of its enzymic activityJuliane G Strauss
Institute of Molecular Biology, Biochemistry and Microbiology, University of Graz, Harrachgasse 21, A 8010 Graz, Austria
Biochem J 368:69-79. 2002Endothelial cell-derived lipase (EDL) is a new member of the lipase gene family with high sequence homology with lipoprotein lipase (LPL). EDL is a phospholipase with very little triacylglycerol lipase activity...
- Endothelial lipase is a major genetic determinant for high-density lipoprotein concentration, structure, and metabolismKe Ma
Section of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine and Methodist Hospital, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:2748-53. 2003High-density lipoprotein (HDL) protects against atherosclerosis. Endothelial lipase (EL) has been postulated to be involved in lipoprotein, and possibly HDL, metabolism, yet the evidence has been scarce and conflicting...
- The T111I mutation in the EL gene modulates the impact of dietary fat on the HDL profile in womenMarie Eve Paradis
Nutraceuticals and Functional Foods Institute, Pavillon Paul Comtois, Office 2423, Laval University, Quebec G1K 7P4, Canada
J Lipid Res 44:1902-8. 2003The objective of the present study was to examine the impact of the T111I missense mutation in exon 3 of the endothelial lipase (EL) gene on HDL and its potential interaction effect with dietary fat...
- Relationship between serum HDL-C levels and common genetic variants of the endothelial lipase gene in Japanese school-aged childrenKimiko Yamakawa-Kobayashi
Department of Medical Genetics, Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, University of Tsukuba, 305 8575, Tsukuba, Japan
Hum Genet 113:311-5. 2003b>Endothelial lipase (EL) is a new member of the triglyceride lipase family, the genes of which play a central role in dietary fat absorption, energy homeostasis, and plasma lipoprotein metabolism...
- Dose-dependent acceleration of high-density lipoprotein catabolism by endothelial lipaseCyrille Maugeais
Departments of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Circulation 108:2121-6. 2003..Overexpression of endothelial lipase (EL) markedly reduces plasma levels of HDL cholesterol and apoA-I in mice, but the mechanisms of this effect ..
- Endothelial lipase promotes the catabolism of ApoB-containing lipoproteinsUli C Broedl
University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Circ Res 94:1554-61. 2004b>Endothelial lipase (EL) has been found to be a key enzyme in high-density lipoprotein (HDL) metabolism in mice, leading to the concept that inhibition of EL could be a novel strategy for raising HDL cholesterol levels...
- Endothelial lipase modulates monocyte adhesion to the vessel wall. A potential role in inflammationYoko Kojma
Division of Cardiovascular and Respiratory Medicine, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, 7 5 1 Kusunoki cho, Chuo Ku, Kobe 650 0017, Japan
J Biol Chem 279:54032-8. 2004b>Endothelial lipase (EL), a new member of the lipoprotein lipase gene family, plays a central role in high density lipoprotein metabolism...
- Association of endothelial lipase gene (LIPG) haplotypes with high-density lipoprotein cholesterol subfractions and apolipoprotein AI plasma levels in Japanese AmericansCarolyn M Hutter
Department of Epidemiology, Institute for Public Health Genetics, School of Public Health and Community Medicine, University of Washington, 1959 N E Pacific Avenue, Box 357236, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Atherosclerosis 185:78-86. 2006The LIPG gene on chromosome 18 encodes for endothelial lipase, a member of the triglyceride lipase family...
- Placental triglyceride accumulation in maternal type 1 diabetes is associated with increased lipase gene expressionMarie L S Lindegaard
Department of Clinical Biochemistry, Rigshospitalet, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
J Lipid Res 47:2581-8. 2006..The placental triglyceride (TG) concentration and mRNA expression of endothelial lipase (EL) and hormone-sensitive lipase (HSL) were increased in placentas from women with diabetes...
- Endothelial lipase is associated with inflammation in humansMarie Eve Paradis
Institute on Nutraceuticals and Functional Foods, Laval University, Quebec, Canada
J Lipid Res 47:2808-13. 2006The aim of this study was to investigate the extent to which inflammation is linked with plasma endothelial lipase (EL) concentrations among healthy sedentary men...
- Dysregulation of placental endothelial lipase and lipoprotein lipase in intrauterine growth-restricted pregnanciesM Gauster
Institute of Histology, Cell Biology, and Embryology, Center of Molecular Medicine, Medical University of Graz, Harrachgasse 21 VII, Graz, Austria
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 92:2256-63. 2007..Fetal supply of maternally derived fatty acids requires lipase-mediated hydrolysis of lipoprotein-borne triglycerides and phospholipids at the placental surface...
- Endothelial lipase gene polymorphism is associated with acute myocardial infarction, independently of high-density lipoprotein-cholesterol levelsMasakatsu Shimizu
Division of General Medical Science, Department of General Therapeutics, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, 7 5 2 Kusunoki cho, Chuo Ku, Kobe 650 0017, Japan
Circ J 71:842-6. 2007b>Endothelial lipase (EL) is a major determinant of high-density lipoprotein-cholesterol (HDL-C) metabolism and promotes monocytes recruitment...
- Protective effect of an endothelial lipase gene variant on coronary artery disease in a Chinese populationNa Ping Tang
Key Laboratory of Reproductive Medicine, Department of Pharmacology, Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, China
J Lipid Res 49:369-75. 2008The aim of the present study was to assess the influence of the endothelial lipase (EL) gene 584C/T variant, which results in a change at codon 111 of the EL gene from threonine to isoleucine, on the risk of coronary artery disease (CAD) ..
- Loss-of-function variants in endothelial lipase are a cause of elevated HDL cholesterol in humansAndrew C Edmondson
Institute for Translational Medicine and Therapeutics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104 6160, USA
J Clin Invest 119:1042-50. 2009..Animal models indicate that decreased expression of endothelial lipase (LIPG) is inversely associated with HDL-C levels, and genome-wide association studies have identified LIPG ..
- Physical inactivity interacts with an endothelial lipase polymorphism to modulate high density lipoprotein cholesterol in the GOLDN studyCaren E Smith
Jean Mayer US Department of Agriculture Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging at Tufts University, Boston, MA 02111 1524, United States
Atherosclerosis 206:500-4. 2009..HDL-C response to exercise varies among individuals, and this variability may be associated with genetic polymorphisms in the key regulators of HDL metabolism including endothelial lipase (LIPG).
- The T111I variant in the endothelial lipase gene and risk of coronary heart disease in three independent populationsMajken K Jensen
Department of Clinical Epidemiology, Aarhus University Hospital, Aalborg, Denmark
Eur Heart J 30:1584-9. 2009b>Endothelial lipase (LIPG) is implicated in the metabolism of high-density lipoprotein cholesterol (HDL-C)...
- Identification of the active form of endothelial lipase, a homodimer in a head-to-tail conformationNathalie Griffon
Institute for Translational Medicine and Therapeutics, Cardiovascular Institute, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Biol Chem 284:23322-30. 2009b>Endothelial lipase (EL) is a member of a subfamily of lipases that act on triglycerides and phospholipids in plasma lipoproteins, which also includes lipoprotein lipase and hepatic lipase...
- Genome-wide association analysis of high-density lipoprotein cholesterol in the population-based KORA study sheds new light on intergenic regionsIris M Heid
Institute of Epidemiology, Helmholtz Center, Munich, German Research Center for Environmental Health, Neuherberg, Germany
Circ Cardiovasc Genet 1:10-20. 2008..We aimed to identify gene regions that influence HDLC levels by a genome-wide association analysis in the population-based KORA (Cooperative Health Research in the Region of Augsburg) study...
- Lack of association between common genetic variation in endothelial lipase (LIPG) and the risk for CAD and DVTMenno Vergeer
Department of Vascular Medicine, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Atherosclerosis 211:558-64. 2010..b>Endothelial lipase is involved in HDL-C metabolism...
- Role of endothelial lipase in atherosclerosisJi Huang
Emergency Center of Heart, Lung and Blood Vessel Diseases, Beijing Anzhen Hospital, Capital University of Medical Sciences and Beijing Institute of Heart, Lung and Blood Vessel Diseases, Beijing 100029, P R China
Transl Res 156:1-6. 2010b>Endothelial lipase, which is a newly identified member of the lipase family, plays an important role in high-density lipoprotein metabolism, which catalyzes the hydrolysis of high-density lipoprotein phospholipids and facilitates the ..
- Sulforaphane inhibits endothelial lipase expression through NF-κB in endothelial cellsAnnukka M Kivelä
The Department of Biotechnology and Molecular Medicine, A I Virtanen Institute for Molecular Sciences, University of Eastern Finland, P O Box 1627, Neulaniementie 2, FIN 70211 Kuopio, Finland
Atherosclerosis 213:122-8. 2010b>Endothelial lipase (EL) is a new member of triacylglycerol lipase family that has been shown to decrease high-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol levels leading to increased risk of atherosclerosis...
- Association of the LIPG 584C > T polymorphism and serum lipid levels in the Guangxi Bai Ku Yao and Han populationsWan Ying Liu
Department of Cardiology, Institute of Cardiovascular Diseases, The First Affiliated Hospital, Guangxi Medical University, 22 Shuangyong Road, Nanning 530021, Guangxi, People s Republic of China
Lipids Health Dis 9:110. 2010b>Endothelial lipase (EL) is a major determinant of high-density lipoprotein-cholesterol (HDL-C) metabolism, but the association of endothelial lipase gene (LIPG) polymorphism and serum HDL-C levels is scarce and conflicting in diverse ..
- Mining the LIPG allelic spectrum reveals the contribution of rare and common regulatory variants to HDL cholesterolSumeet A Khetarpal
Institute for Translational Medicine and Therapeutics, Institute for Diabetes, Obesity, and Metabolism, and Cardiovascular Institute, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America
PLoS Genet 7:e1002393. 2011..haplotype and noncoding GWAS SNPs were associated with reduced plasma levels of the LIPG gene product endothelial lipase (EL), consistent with its role in HDL-C catabolism...
- The association between endothelial lipase -384A/C gene polymorphism and acute coronary syndrome in a Chinese populationGaojun Cai
Department of Cardiology, Wujin Hospital, Affiliated to Jiangsu University, Changzhou, Jiangsu Province, People s Republic of China
Mol Biol Rep 39:9879-84. 2012b>Endothelial lipase (EL) is a novel member of the triglyceride (TG) lipase family. A growing body of evidence has indicated that EL gene polymorphism might contribute to the process of cardiovascular diseases...
- The impact of partial and complete loss-of-function mutations in endothelial lipase on high-density lipoprotein levels and functionality in humansRoshni R Singaraja
Xenon Pharmaceuticals Inc, Burnaby, Canada
Circ Cardiovasc Genet 6:54-62. 2013b>Endothelial lipase is a phospholipase with activity against high-density lipoprotein. Although a small number of mutations in LIPG have been described, the role of LIPG in protection against atherosclerosis is unclear.
- Scavenger receptor BI-mediated selective uptake is required for the remodeling of high density lipoprotein by endothelial lipaseNiels Nijstad
Center for Liver, Digestive and Metabolic Diseases, Laboratory of Pediatrics, University Medical Center Groningen, 9713 GZ Groningen, The Netherlands
J Biol Chem 284:6093-100. 2009b>Endothelial lipase (EL) is a negative regulator of high density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol plasma levels, and scavenger receptor BI (SR-BI) is involved in remodeling of HDL...
- Insulin resistance and hypertension: in vivo and in vitro insulin action in skeletal muscle in spontaneously hypertensive and Wistar-Kyoto ratsA L Swislocki
Medical Service, Department of Veterans Affairs Northern California Health Care System, Martinez 94533, USA
Am J Hypertens 10:1159-64. 1997..increased from 377 +/- 120 to 439 +/- 175 disintegrations per minute (dpm) 3H-glucose/mg extensor digitorum longus (EDL) in WKY when insulin increased from 0 to 1000 microU/mL (P < ...
- Acute effects of the beta 3-adrenoceptor agonist, BRL 35135, on tissue glucose utilisationY L Liu
Department of Physiology, St George s Hospital Medical School, Tooting, London
Br J Pharmacol 114:888-94. 1995..and potentiated the response in Type II (non-working) muscles such as tibialis and extensor digitorium longus (EDL). 4...
- Dissociation between insulin binding and glucose utilization after intense exercise in mouse skeletal musclesA Bonen
Department of Physiology, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Horm Metab Res 21:172-8. 1989..2-deoxy-d-glucose (2-DOG) uptake and glucose incorporation into glycogen and glycolysis were compared in soleus and EDL muscles of intensively exercised (2-3 h) mice and non-exercised mice...
- Up-regulation of the peroxiredoxin-6 related metabolism of reactive oxygen species in skeletal muscle of mice lacking neuronal nitric oxide synthaseLuis Da Silva-Azevedo
Department of Physiology, Charite Campus Benjamin Franklin, Arnimallee 22, Berlin Dahlem, Germany
J Physiol 587:655-68. 2009..subsequent tandem mass spectrometry (LC-MS/MS) was performed using extracts of extensor digitorum longus muscle (EDL) derived from nNOS-knockout mice in comparison to C57Bl/6 control mice...
- Skeletal muscle myosin heavy chain expression in rats with monocrotaline-induced cardiac hypertrophy and failure. Relation to blood flow and degree of muscle atrophyG Vescovo
First Division of Internal Medicine, Venice City Hospital, Italy
Cardiovasc Res 39:233-41. 1998..In congestive heart failure (CHF) the skeletal muscle of the lower limbs develops a myopathy characterised by atrophy and shift from the slow to the fast type fibres. The mechanisms responsible for these changes are not clear yet...
- Effect of xanthine oxidase-generated extracellular superoxide on skeletal muscle force generationM C Gomez-Cabrera
Department of Physiology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Valencia, Valencia, Spain
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 298:R2-8. 2010..Intact extensor digitorum longus (EDL) and soleus muscles from mice were also incubated in vitro with oxypurinol or polyethylene glycol-tagged Cu,Zn-SOD...
- Endogenously produced endothelial lipase enhances binding and cellular processing of plasma lipoproteins via heparan sulfate proteoglycan-mediated pathwayIlia V Fuki
Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Biol Chem 278:34331-8. 2003b>Endothelial lipase (EL) is a new member of the triglyceride lipase gene family, which includes lipoprotein lipase (LpL) and hepatic lipase (HL). Enzymatic activity of EL has been studied before...
- Vertebrate endothelial lipase: comparative studies of an ancient gene and protein in vertebrate evolutionRoger S Holmes
Department of Genetics, Southwest Foundation for Biomedical Research, San Antonio, TX 78227, USA
Genetica 139:291-304. 2011b>Endothelial lipase (gene: LIPG; enzyme: EL) is one of three members of the triglyceride lipase family that contributes to lipoprotein degradation within the circulation system and plays a major role in HDL metabolism in the body...
- Apolipoproteins regulate the kinetics of endothelial lipase-mediated hydrolysis of phospholipids in reconstituted high-density lipoproteinsDaniela Caiazza
Lipid Research Group, The Heart Research Institute, Camperdown, Sydney, NSW 2050, Australia
Biochemistry 43:11898-905. 2004b>Endothelial lipase (EL) is a newly identified member of the triglyceride lipase gene family that hydrolyzes high-density lipoprotein (HDL) phospholipids...
- In vitro 1H-NMR spectroscopic analysis of metabolites in fast- and slow-twitch muscles of young ratsYoshichika Yoshioka
Department of Physiology II, School of Medicine, Iwate Medical University, Morioka, Japan
Magn Reson Med Sci 1:7-13. 2002..TAU), anserine (ANS) and carnosine (CAR) content of the masseter muscles (MM), long extensor muscles of digits (EDL) and soleus muscles (SOL) of young rats were determined using in vitro 1H-NMR spectroscopy to assess the ..
- Endothelial lipase concentrations are increased in metabolic syndrome and associated with coronary atherosclerosisKaren O Badellino
Institute for Translational Medicine and Therapeutics, School of Nursing, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
PLoS Med 3:e22. 2006b>Endothelial lipase (EL), a new member of the lipase family, has been shown to modulate high-density lipoprotein (HDL-C) metabolism and atherosclerosis in mouse models...
- Differences in glucose transport rates between perfused and in vitro incubated musclesM Kern
Department of Biochemistry, East Carolina University, School of Medicine, Greenville, North Carolina
Horm Metab Res 22:366-8. 1990..3-O-Methylglucose transport rates in incubated soleus (SOL) and extensor digitorum longus (EDL) muscle strips were compared to transport rates obtained in SOL and EDL muscles removed from perfused hindquarters...
- Functional imaging of estrogen receptors with radiolabeled-GAP-EDL in rabbit endometriosis modelNobukazu Takahashi
Division of Diagnostic Imaging, Box 57, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Acad Radiol 14:1050-7. 2007..We previously have reported that (99m)Tc-labeled glutamate peptide-estradiol ((99m)Tc-GAP-EDL) is a useful agent for imaging functional estrogen receptor (ER) via an ER-mediated process...
- Electrostatic and electrochemical nature of liquid-gated electric-double-layer transistors based on oxide semiconductorsHongtao Yuan
Quantum Phase Electronics Center and Department of Applied Physics, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo 113 8656, Japan
J Am Chem Soc 132:18402-7. 2010The electric-double-layer (EDL) formed at liquid/solid interfaces provides a broad and interdisciplinary attraction in terms of electrochemistry, photochemistry, catalysts, energy storage, and electronics because of the large interfacial ..
- Calsequestrin content and SERCA determine normal and maximal Ca2+ storage levels in sarcoplasmic reticulum of fast- and slow-twitch fibres of ratRobyn M Murphy
Department of Zoology, La Trobe University, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
J Physiol 587:443-60. 2009..the absolute amount of CSQ isoform 1 (CSQ1, the primary isoform) present in rat extensor digitorum longus (EDL) and soleus fibres, and related this to their endogenous and maximal SR Ca2+ content...
- Regulation of dihydropyridine receptor gene expression in mouse skeletal muscles by stretch and disuseTatiana L Radzyukevich
Department of Molecular and Cellular Physiology, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio 45267 0576, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 287:C1445-52. 2004..After 14-day simultaneous denervation of the soleus (Sol), tibialis anterior (TA), extensor digitorum longus (EDL), and gastrocnemius (Gastr) muscles by sciatic nerve section, DHPR mRNA increased preferentially in the Sol and TA (..
- Acute effects of N-acetylcysteine on skeletal muscle microcirculation following closed soft tissue trauma in ratsKlaus D Schaser
Department of Trauma and Reconstructive Surgery, Charite, Campus Virchow Klinikum, Humboldt Universitat zu Berlin, Augustenburger Platz 1, 13353 Berlin, Germany
J Orthop Res 23:231-41. 2005..Microcirculation of the extensor digitorum longus (EDL) muscle was analyzed using intravital microscopy and Laser-Doppler flowmetry (LDF)...
- Resistance to D-tubocurarine of the rat diaphragm as compared to a limb muscle: influence of quantal transmitter release and nicotinic acetylcholine receptorsTu Nguyen-Huu
Laboratoire de Neurobiologie Cellulaire et Moleculaire, Unité Propre de Recherche 9040, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Gif sur Yvette, France
Anesthesiology 110:1011-5. 2009..The basis of this difference may be a higher concentration of acetylcholine released or higher number of postsynaptic nicotinic acetylcholine receptors in diaphragmatic neuromuscular junctions...
- Effects of high-intensity training on MCT1, MCT4, and NBC expressions in rat skeletal muscles: influence of chronic metabolic alkalosisClaire Thomas
Universite Montpellier 1, UFR Médecine EA701, F 34295, Montpellier, France
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 293:E916-22. 2007..MCT1, MCT4, and NBC content was measured by Western blotting in soleus and extensor digitorum longus (EDL) skeletal muscles...
- Tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-2 (TIMP-2) regulates neuromuscular junction development via a beta1 integrin-mediated mechanismGentian Lluri
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, University of Vermont College of Medicine, Burlington, Vermont 05405, USA
J Neurobiol 66:1365-77. 2006..report that TIMP-2 is expressed at the NMJ and its expression is greater in fast-twitch (extensor digitorum longus, EDL) than slow-twitch (soleus) muscle...
- Reduction of skeletal muscle atrophy by a proteasome inhibitor in a rat model of denervationBlake C Beehler
Cardiovascular and Metabolic Diseases Drug Discovery, Bristol Myers Squibb Pharmaceutical Research Institute, Pennington, NJ 08543, USA
Exp Biol Med (Maywood) 231:335-41. 2006..At the end of the study, the rats were euthanized and the soleus and extensor digitorum longus (EDL) muscles were harvested. In vehicle-treated rats, denervation caused a 33.5 +/- 2.8% and 16.2 +/- 2...
- Myofascial force transmission via extramuscular pathways occurs between antagonistic musclesPeter A Huijing
Research Instituut Move, Faculteit Bewegingswetenschappen, Vrije Universiteit, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Cells Tissues Organs 188:400-14. 2008..force was measured simultaneously at: (1) the proximal and distal tendons of the extensor digitorum muscle (EDL) to quantify any proximo-distal force differences, as an indicator of myofascial force transmission, (2) at the ..
- Phosphorylation and IGF-1-mediated dephosphorylation pathways control the activity and the pharmacological properties of skeletal muscle chloride channelsA De Luca
Dipartimento Farmacobiologico, Facolta di Farmacia, Universita di Bari, Italy
Br J Pharmacol 125:477-82. 1998..2. For this purpose G(Cl) in EDL muscle isolated from adult rat was first lowered by treatment with 5 nM 4-beta-phorbol 12,13 dibutyrate (4-beta-PDB)..
- Endothelial NOS is main mediator for shear stress-dependent angiogenesis in skeletal muscle after prazosin administrationOliver Baum
Department of Anatomy and Physiology, Universitatsklinikum Benjamin Franklin, Freie Universitat Berlin, Königin Luise Str 15, D 14195 Berlin Dahlem, Germany
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 287:H2300-8. 2004..of capillaries/mm2) were determined in frozen sections from extensor digitorum longus (EDL) muscles of these mice...
- Effects of thyroid hormone receptor gene disruption on myosin isoform expression in mouse skeletal musclesF Yu
Noll Physiological Research Center and Department of Cellular and Molecular Physiology, Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pennsylvania 16802 6900, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 278:R1545-54. 2000..In fast-twitch extensor digitorum longus (EDL) muscle, TR-alpha(1)-, TR-beta-, or TR-alpha(1)beta-deficient mice showed a small but statistically significant ..
- Protein diffusion in living skeletal muscle fibers: dependence on protein size, fiber type, and contractionS Papadopoulos
Department of Physiology, Medizinische Hochschule Hannover, 30623 Hannover, Germany
Biophys J 79:2084-94. 2000..were injected into single, intact skeletal muscle fibers taken from either soleus or extensor digitorum longus (edl) muscle of adult rats...
- 1Alpha,25-dihydroxy-2beta(3-hydroxypropoxy)vitamin D3 (ED-71) suppressed callus remodeling but did not interfere with fracture healing in rat femoraYongping Cao
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, Kagawa University, 1750 1 Ikenobe, Kita gun Kagawa 761 0793, Japan
Bone 40:132-9. 2007....
- Acute molecular response of mouse hindlimb muscles to chronic stimulationW A Laframboise
Dept of Pathology and University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Shadyside Hospital West Wing, WG02 11, 5230 Center Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15232, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 297:C556-70. 2009..An immediate-early growth response was present in the extensor digitorum longus (EDL) muscle (FOS, JUN, activating transcription factor 3, and musculoaponeurotic fibrosarcoma oncogene) with a similar ..
- Inhibition of muscle carbonic anhydrase increases rise and relaxation times of twitches in rat skeletal muscle fibresPetra Wetzel
Zentrum Physiologie, Medizinische Hochschule Hannover, Carl Neuberg Strasse 1, 30625 Hannover, Germany, Wetzel
Pflugers Arch 443:762-70. 2002Muscle carbonic anhydrase (CA) was inhibited in fibre bundles of the extensor digitorum longus (EDL) and soleus (SOL) muscles from rats. Isometric single twitches were recorded in the absence or presence of the CA inhibitors...
- Vinculin and meta-vinculin in fast and slow rat skeletal muscle before and after hindlimb suspensionAngèle Chopard
Laboratoire de Physiologie Cellulaire et Moléculaire Des Systèmes Intégrés, CNRS, Unité Mixte de Recherche 6548, Faculte des Sciences, Parc Valrose, 06108 Nice Cedex 2, France
Pflugers Arch 444:627-33. 2002..the expression of these proteins in a slow-twitch (soleus) and in a fast-twitch (extensor digitorum longus, EDL) skeletal muscle under control conditions and after a reduced functional demand...
- Acute hyperammonemia activates branched-chain amino acid catabolism and decreases their extracellular concentrations: different sensitivity of red and white muscleMilan Holecek
Department of Physiology, Medical Faculty in Hradec Kralove, Charles University in Prague, Simkova 870, 500 38, Hradec Kralove, Czech Republic
Amino Acids 40:575-84. 2011..M. soleus (SOL, slow-twitch, red muscle) and m. extensor digitorum longus (EDL, fast-twitch, white muscle) of white rat were isolated and incubated in a medium with or without 500 μM ammonia...
- A comparison of the electrophysiological effects of two organophosphates, mipafox and ecothiopate, on mouse limb musclesG E de Blaquière
Department of Environmental and Occupational Medicine, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 150:350-60. 1998..Acetylcholinesterase activity was measured in the soleus (slow-twitch) and extensor digitorum longus (EDL; fast-twitch) muscles...
- Evidence that endothelial lipase remodels high density lipoproteins without mediating the dissociation of apolipoprotein A-IA Jahangiri
Lipid Research Group, Heart Research Institute, Camperdown, Sydney, New South Wales 2050, Australia
J Lipid Res 46:896-903. 2005b>Endothelial lipase (EL) is a triglyceride lipase gene family member that has high phospholipase and low triglyceride lipase activity...
- Quantitative measurement of resting skeletal muscle [Ca2+]i following acute and long-term downhill running exercise in miceG S Lynch
Department of Physiology, University of Melbourne, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
Cell Calcium 22:373-83. 1997..The sedentary control animals remained in their cages. For each animal, Po was determined in the fast-twitch EDL and slow-twitch soleus muscles from one hindlimb and quantitative measurements of [Ca2+]i were made in the ..
- Tetanus relaxation of fast skeletal muscles of the mouse made parvalbumin deficient by gene inactivationJ M Raymackers
Departement de Physiologie, Universite Catholique de Louvain, B 1200 Bruxelles, Belgium
J Physiol 527:355-64. 2000The effects of tetanus duration on the relaxation rate of extensor digitorum longus (EDL) and flexor digitorum brevis (FDB) muscles were studied in normal (wild-type, WT) and parvalbumin-deficient (PVKO) mice, at 20 C...
- The relationship between skeletal muscle proteolysis and ubiquitin-proteasome proteolytic pathway in burned ratsJiake Chai
Department of Burns and Plastic Surgery, Burns Institute, 304th Hospital, Beijing 100037, China
Burns 28:527-33. 2002..The proteolytic rates and mRNA expression of ubiquitin, E2-14K, and subunit RC2 in extensor digital longus (EDL) and soleus (SOL) muscle were determined by amino acid analyzer and Northern blot, respectively...
- Genetic architecture of fast- and slow-twitch skeletal muscle weight in 200-day-old mice of the C57BL/6J and DBA/2J lineageA Lionikas
Center for Developmental and Health Genetics, Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pennsylvania 16802, USA
Physiol Genomics 16:141-52. 2003..slow-twitch soleus, the mixed gastrocnemius, the fast-twitch tibialis anterior (TA), and extensor digitorum longus (EDL) muscles were 11-34% greater (P < 0.001) in 200-day-old C57BL/6J (B6) than in DBA/2J (D2) mice...
- Effect of heart failure on skeletal muscle myofibrillar protein content, isoform expression and calcium sensitivityMichael J Toth
Department of Medicine, University of Vermont, Burlington, VT 05405, United States
Int J Cardiol 107:211-9. 2006..To address this issue, we examined the effect of heart failure on skeletal muscle myofibrillar protein content, isoform distribution and Ca2+ sensitivity...
- Contractile properties of skeletal muscle fibre bundles from mice deficient in carbonic anhydrase IIMatthew D Beekley
Zentrum Physiologie, Medizinische Hochschule Hannover, 30623 Hannover, Germany
Pflugers Arch 452:453-63. 2006..Because of this, we compared the in vitro contractile properties of extensor digitorum longus (EDL) and soleus (SOL) fibre bundles from mice deficient in CA II (CAD) to litter mate controls (LM)...
- Insulin-sensitive regulation of glucose transport and GLUT4 translocation in skeletal muscle of GLUT1 transgenic miceG J Etgen
Pfizer Central Research, Eastern Point Road, Groton, CT 06340, USA
Biochem J 337:51-7. 1999..mannos-4-yloxy)-2-propylamine photolabelling methodology in both isolated and perfused extensor digitorum longus (EDL). Cell-surface GLUT1 was enhanced by as much as 70-fold in both isolated and perfused EDL of transgenic mice...
- Decreased monocarboxylate transporter 1 in rat soleus and EDL muscles exposed to clenbuterolT Kitaura
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Kanazawa, Kakuma, Kanazawa 920 1192, Japan
J Appl Physiol (1985) 91:85-90. 2001..LDH) and isoform pattern and shift myosin heavy chain (MHC) pattern in soleus (Sol) and extensor digitorum longus (EDL) of male rats. In the clenbuterol-administered rats (2...
- Fibre-type specific concentration of focal adhesion kinase at the sarcolemma: influence of fibre innervation and regenerationMartin Fluck
M E Müller Institute for Biomechanics, University of Bern, Bühlestrasse 26, 3000 Bern 9, Switzerland
J Exp Biol 205:2337-48. 2002..type IIA fibres in normal rat soleus (N-SOL) muscle and of the type IIA fibres in extensor digitorum longus (N-EDL) muscle...
- Post-effects of nandrolone decanoate treatment on contractile responses of rat skeletal musclesWissam H Joumaa
Laboratoire de Physiologie Generale, CNRS UMR 6018, Faculte des Sciences et des Techniques, Universite de Nantes, B P 92208, 44322 Nantes, France
Jpn J Physiol 52:479-87. 2002..on contractile responses of isolated small bundles of intact slow-(soleus) and fast-(extensor digitorum longus, edl) twitch fibers in rat...
- Nerve influence on myosin light chain phosphorylation in slow and fast skeletal musclesCyril Bozzo
Department of Anatomy and Physiology, University of Padova, Italy
FEBS J 272:5771-85. 2005..chains (MLC1) and regulatory myosin light chains (MLC2) in rat slow (soleus) and fast (extensor digitorum longus EDL) muscles using 2D-gel electrophoresis and mass spectrometry...
- Morphological and biochemical alterations of skeletal muscles from the genetically obese (ob/ob) mouseJ G Kemp
1 School of Biomedical and Health Sciences, Victoria University, Footscray, Victoria, Australia
Int J Obes (Lond) 33:831-41. 2009..Knowledge of the morphological and biochemical alterations occurring in skeletal muscles of obese animals is relatively limited, particularly with respect to non-limb muscles and relationship to fibre type...
- Treating retinoblastoma in tissue culture and in a rat model with a novel isoquinoline derivativeMohamed Nassr
Department of Ophthalmology, College of Medicine, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, Tennessee, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 51:3813-9. 2010PURPOSE. To investigate the effectiveness of a novel isoquinoline derivative, EDL-155, in killing retinoblastoma in vitro and in vivo. METHODS...
- Myosin heavy chain expression in skeletal muscle autografts under neural or aneural conditionsK Yoshimura
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, University of Tokyo, Japan
J Surg Res 75:135-47. 1998....
- Role of load bearing in acetylcholinesterase regulation in rat skeletal musclesPeter Pregelj
Institute of Pathophysiology, School of Medicine, University of Ljubljana, Ljubljana, Slovenia
J Neurosci Res 67:114-21. 2002..The levels of AChE mRNA in the slow soleus muscles are about 30% of those in the fast extensor digitorum longus (EDL) muscles...
- Association of genomic O island 122 of Escherichia coli EDL 933 with verocytotoxin-producing Escherichia coli seropathotypes that are linked to epidemic and/or serious diseaseMohamed A Karmali
Laboratory for Foodborne Zoonoses, Population and Public Health Branch, Health Canada, Guelph, Ontario, Canada
J Clin Microbiol 41:4930-40. 2003The distribution of EDL 933 O island 122 (OI-122) was investigated in 70 strains of Verocytotoxin-producing Escherichia coli (VTEC) of multiple serotypes that were classified into five "seropathotypes" (A through E) based on the reported ..
- Mitochondrial superoxide production in skeletal muscle fibers of the rat and decreased fiber excitabilityChris van der Poel
Department of Zoology, La Trobe University, Melbourne, Victoria 3086, Autralia
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 292:C1353-60. 2007..responses were measured at 37 degrees C in mechanically skinned muscle fibers of rat extensor digitorum longus (EDL) muscle. In mechanically skinned fibers, the sarcolemma is removed avoiding potential sources of O(2)(...
- Eccentric contractions do not induce rhabdomyolysis in malignant hyperthermia susceptible miceBenjamin T Corona
Muscle Biology Laboratory, Department of Kinesiology and Health, Georgia State University, Atlanta, GA 30302 3975, USA
J Appl Physiol (1985) 105:1542-53. 2008..RYR1Y522S/wt) would exhibit greater anterior crural muscle [tibialis anterior (TA) and extensor digitorum longus (EDL) muscles] damage and strength deficits following the performance of a single or repeated bouts of eccentric ..
- Genetic variation at the proprotein convertase subtilisin/kexin type 5 gene modulates high-density lipoprotein cholesterol levelsIulia Iatan
Department of Biochemistry, Cardiovascular Research Laboratories, Cardiology Division, McGill University Health Centre Royal Victoria Hospital, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Circ Cardiovasc Genet 2:467-75. 2009..HDL particles are modulated by a variety of lipases, including endothelial lipase, a phospholipase present on vascular endothelial cells...
- Muscle fiber type composition and morphometric properties of denervated rat extensor digitorum longus muscleD Bobinac
Department of Anatomy, Rijeka University School of Medicine, Brace Branchetta 22, 51000 Rijeka, Croatia
Croat Med J 41:294-7. 2000Analysis of fiber type composition and fiber size of extensor digitorum longus (EDL) muscle in rats during 30 days of denervation.
- Histochemical differences in the responses of predominantly fast-twitch glycolytic muscle and slow-twitch oxidative muscle to veratrineErika Maria Silva Freitas
Departamento de Histologia e Embriologia, Instituto de Biologia, Universidade Estadual de Campinas, CP 6109, 13083 970, Campinas, SP, Brazil
Toxicon 40:1471-81. 2002..alkaloid veratrine is able to change the oxidative and m-ATPase activities of a fast-twitch glycolytic muscle (EDL, extensor digitorum longus) and slow-twitch oxidative muscle (SOL, soleus) in mice...
- Metabolic modulation of muscle fiber properties unrelated to mechanical stimuliYoshinobu Ohira
School of Health and Sport Sciences and Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka University, Toyonaka, Osaka, 560 0043 Japan
Jpn J Physiol 53:389-400. 2003..and the morphological and metabolic properties of single fibers in the soleus and extensor digitorum longus (EDL) muscles in young rats were determined...
- Effects of 14 days of microgravity on fast hindlimb and diaphragm muscles of the ratMark D Schuenke
Department of Anatomy, College of Osteopathic Medicine, University of New England, 431 Stella Maris, Biddeford, NE 04005, USA
Eur J Appl Physiol 106:885-92. 2009..2000). Hindlimb muscles containing predominately fast fibers [extensor digitorum longus (EDL), superficial "white" (GSW) and deep "red" (GDR) gastrocnemius] and the diaphragm (DIA) were removed from flight ..
- Excitation-induced exchange of Na+, K+, and Cl- in rat EDL muscle in vitro and in vivo: physiology and pathophysiologyTorben Clausen
Department of Biomedicine, Aarhus University, DK 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
J Gen Physiol 141:179-92. 2013..This study quantifies these changes in rat extensor digitorum longus (EDL) muscles in vitro and in vivo using flame photometric determination of Na(+) and K(+) and (36)Cl as a tracer for Cl(..
- Identification of target genes for a prolactin family paralog in mouse deciduaS M Khorshed Alam
Department of Pathology and Laboratory MedicineInstitute for Reproductive Health and Regenerative Medicine, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, Kansas 66160, USA
Reproduction 149:625-32. 2015..g., Klk7, Rimklb, Arhgef6, Calm4, Sprr2h, Prl4a1, Ccl27, Lipg, and Htra3)...
- Effect of tenotomy on extensor digitorum longus muscle in Sprague Dawley ratsN Gill
Department of Zoology, University of the Punjab, Lahore, Pakistan
Folia Biol (Krakow) 46:109-18. 1998The effect of tenotomy on Extensor Digitorum Longus (EDL) muscle, brought about by removal of anterior tibialis muscle was studied in the rat...
- Skeletal muscle function and water permeability in aquaporin-4 deficient miceB Yang
Departments of Medicine and Physiology, Cardiovascular Research Institute, University of California, San Francisco 94143 0521, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 278:C1108-15. 2000..Osmotic water permeability was measured in microdissected muscle fibers from the extensor digitorum longus (EDL) and fractionated membrane vesicles from EDL homogenates...
- Myofascial force transmission causes interaction between adjacent muscles and connective tissue: effects of blunt dissection and compartmental fasciotomy on length force characteristics of rat extensor digitorum longus muscleP A Huijing
Instituut voor Fundamentele en Klinische Bewegingswetenschappen, Faculteit Bewegingswetenschappen, Vrije Universiteit, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Arch Physiol Biochem 109:97-109. 2001Muscles within the anterior tibial compartment (extensor digitorum longus: EDL, tibialis anterior: TA, and extensor hallucis longus muscles: EHL) and within the peroneal compartment were excited simultaneously and maximally...
- Functional roles of the alpha isoforms of the Na,K-ATPaseJerry Lingrel
Department of Molecular Genetics, Biochemistry, and Microbiology, University of Cincinnati, Ohio 45267 0524, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 986:354-9. 2003..Heart and EDL muscle from animals lacking one copy of the alpha2 isoform exhibit an increase in force of contraction, while there ..
- Effects of modulators of sarcoplasmic Ca2+ release on the development of skeletal muscle fatigueE Germinario
Department of Human Anatomy and Physiology, University of Padova, 35131 Padova, Italy
J Appl Physiol 96:645-9. 2004..the effects of Ca2+ release modulators were analyzed in vitro in mouse fast-twitch [extensor digitorum longus (EDL)] and slow-twitch (soleus) muscles, fatigued by repeated short tetani (40 Hz for 300 ms, 0...
- Composition and turnover of contractile proteins in volume-overtrained skeletal muscleT Seene
Department of Functional Morphology, University of Tartu, Tartu, Estonia
Int J Sports Med 25:438-45. 2004..Plantaris (Pla), extensor digitorum longus (EDL), and soleus (Sol) muscles were studied...
- Magnesium administration provokes motor unit survival, after sciatic nerve injury in neonatal ratsN Gougoulias
Royal Cornwall Hospital, Treslike, Truto Cornwall, TR1 3LL, United Kingdom
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 5:33. 2004..We examined the time course of the functional alterations in two types of muscles following sciatic nerve crush in neonatal rats and the neuroprotective effect of Mg2+...
- The role of ascorbic acid and exercise in chronic ischemia of skeletal muscle in ratsT Loizidis
Laboratory of Physiology, Faculty of Medicine, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki, Greece
J Appl Physiol 102:321-30. 2007..on muscle performance, cross-sectional area, and ultrastructural morphology in extensor digitorum longus (EDL) and soleus (Sol) muscles in rats...
- [Adequancy of the pharmacological disponibility in a Department of Internal Medicine to the WHO essential drug list]J A Díaz Peromingo
Servicios de Medicina Interna y Farmacia, Hospital da Barbanza, Riveira, A Coruna, Spain
An Med Interna 24:173-6. 2007Since several years ago, the World Health Organization (WHO), publishes the Essential Drug List (EDL) including medicines that are used to cover the mayor health community problems...
- High energy phosphate concentrations and AMPK phosphorylation in skeletal muscle from mice with inherited differences in hypoxic exercise toleranceJeffrey D Overton
Department of Biology and Marine Biology, University of North Carolina Wilmington, 601 South College Road, Wilmington, NC 28403 5915, USA
Comp Biochem Physiol A Mol Integr Physiol 152:478-85. 2009..energy phosphate (HEP) compounds was investigated in slow (soleus; SOL) and fast twitch (extensor digitorum longus; EDL) muscle from 3 strains of mice with large differences in hypoxic exercise tolerance (HET)...
- Genetic disruption of AMPK signaling abolishes both contraction- and insulin-stimulated TBC1D1 phosphorylation and 14-3-3 binding in mouse skeletal muscleChristian Pehmøller
Molecular Physiology Group, Copenhagen Muscle Research Centre, Dept of Exercise and Sport Sciences, Univ of Copenhagen, DK 2100, Copenhagen, Denmark
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 297:E665-75. 2009..the regulation of TBC1D1 during contraction and the potential role of AMPK in intact skeletal muscle, we used EDL muscles from wild-type (WT) and AMPK kinase dead (KD) mice...
- Hydrogenation-induced surface polarity recognition and proton memory behavior at protic-ionic-liquid/oxide electric-double-layer interfacesHongtao Yuan
Institute for Materials Research, Tohoku University, Sendai 980 8577, Japan
J Am Chem Soc 132:6672-8. 2010The electric-double-layer (EDL) formed at liquid/solid interfaces provides a broad and interdisciplinary attraction in terms of electrochemistry, photochemistry, catalysts, energy storage, and electronics...
- Effect of Divalent Ions on Electroosmotic Flow in MicrochannelsS Datta
201 W 19th Avenue, Mechanical Engineering, Scott Laboratory, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210
Mech Res Commun 36:65-74. 2009..are identical for ions of the same valence modeled as point charges, a description of the electric double layer (EDL) based on the Poisson-Boltzmann equation alone cannot account for these experimental observations...
- Isolation and culture of skeletal muscle myofibers as a means to analyze satellite cellsPaul Keire
Department of Biological Structure, School of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
Methods Mol Biol 946:431-68. 2013..The second protocol discusses the isolation of longer myofibers from the extensor digitorum longus (EDL) muscle...
- Kiran Musunuru; Fiscal Year: 2016..and secreted into the bloodstream, has been reported to inhibit lipoprotein lipase (encoded by LPL) and endothelial lipase (encoded by LIPG), increasing plasma TG and HDL-C levels in rodents...
- ROLE OF SPHINGOMYELIN IN LIPOPROTEIN METABOLISMPapasani V Subbaiah; Fiscal Year: 2012..all enzymes that utilize PC as substrate will be tested with respect to secretory phospholipases and endothelial lipase. The inhibitory role of SM in the generation of pro-inflammatory oxidized PCs and oxysterols will be tested ..
- Hong Wang; Fiscal Year: 2016..severe HHcy is associated with increased HDL-C turnover and increased protein levels of hepatic/vascular endothelial lipase (EL), an HDL degradation enzyme in mice...
- DANIEL JAMES RADER; Fiscal Year: 2016..of extracellular lipases that act on lipoproteins, lipoprotein lipase (LPL), hepatic lipase (HL), and endothelial lipase (EL), are significantly associated with variation in HDL-C levels...
- Endothelial lipase: a modulator of HDL metabolism and atherosclerosis in humansANDREW CHARLES EDMONDSON; Fiscal Year: 2010DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Endothelial lipase (EL) is an extracellular protein with significant hydrolysis activity against HDL...
- Novel Modulators of HDL MetabolismNabil A Elshourbagy; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our therapeutic target is endothelial lipase (EL), a member of the lipoprotein lipase gene family that hydrolyzes HDL-C phospholipids...
- Endothelial Lipase: a novel therapeutic target for HDL and atherosclerosisXIAOMIN contact FAN; Fiscal Year: 2010DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): There is mounting evidence indicating that endothelial lipase (EL) plays a key role in the regulation of circulating cholesterol levels by modulating high-density lipoprotein-cholesterol (HDL-C) ..
- Temporal and Spatial patterns of structural proteins in extraocular musclesCAROLE MONCMAN; Fiscal Year: 2009..adult EOM and compare these protein distributions to prototypic fast muscle (both adult and developing) such as the EDL. We will use biochemical and immunological tools to examine the expression patterns of the myofibrillar, ..
- R Graham Barr; Fiscal Year: 2014..age group;consistent across components of CLRD;and comparable for genetically- estimated HDL-c based on genotype at LIPG rs61755018...
- Genetic and behavioral effects on high-density lipoprotein: The Look AHEAD StudyJeanne M McCaffery; Fiscal Year: 2013..Specifically, we will determine whether HDL genes (CETP, LPL, LIPC, ABCA1 and LIPG) interact with lifestyle intervention in predicting change in HDL at year 1 and 4 of the Look AHEAD trial, an NIH-..
- Neil B Ruderman; Fiscal Year: 2014..Nutrient excess reduces AMPK activity and causes insulin resistance (IR) in incubated rat EDL muscle (high glucose or leucine), cultured HepG2 cells (high glucose) and muscle and liver of rats infused with ..
- Neuronal-specific cargo-delivery platforms as post-exposure botulism therapiesBrenda A Wilson; Fiscal Year: 2013..SNAP25 cleavage) in neuronal-specific cellular uptake in cultured neuronal cells;ex vivo in peroneal nerve-EDL muscle preparations;and in vivo after injection in mice...
- INSULIN AND PROTEIN SYNTHESIS AFTER RESISTANCE EXERCISEPETER FARRELL; Fiscal Year: 1999..insulinemia on gastrocnemius (predominantly Type II), soleus (predominantly Type I), and extensor digitorum longus (EDL, predominantly Type II, but not extensively recruited during the exercise)...
- SKELETAL MUSCLE MICROVASCULAR PERFUSION IN HYPERTENSIONSarah Gray; Fiscal Year: 1999..There are four AIMS to investigate various aspects of regeneration in extensor digitorum longus (EDL) and soleus (SOL) in hypertension, addressing: I) the effects of age and duration of hypertension on recovery; II) ..
- TORQUE GENERATION FOLLOWING SURGICAL TENDON TRANSFERSRichard Lieber; Fiscal Year: 1993..between sarcomere length, moment arm, and torque will be determined in the mouse extensor digitorum longus (EDL) muscle following chronic length change due to immobilization and following surgical alteration of muscle moment ..
- E. coli O157:H7 genes induced during human infectionINDIRA KUDVA; Fiscal Year: 2005..The genes contained in reactive clones will be identified by BLAST, against the genomes of O157 EDL 933 and Sakai strains, and other DNA sequences available in the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI)..
- SINGLE SKETETAL MUSCLE FIBER IMPAIRMENT WITH AGINGOsvaldo Delbono; Fiscal Year: 2000..with alterations in sarcoplasmic reticulum calcium release in single fast- twitch extensor digitorum longus (EDL) muscle fibers from young (8 months), middle age (18), and old (28) Fisher 344 Brown Norway F1 Hybrid rats (..
- Novel Modulators of HDL MetabolismNabil Elshourbagy; Fiscal Year: 2009..The long-term goal of this work is to develop novel drugs for increasing HDL-C. Our therapeutic target is endothelial lipase (EL), a member of the lipoprotein lipase gene family that hydrolyzes HDL phospholipids...
- EXERCISE, DENERVATION AND INSULIN RESISTANCE IN MUSCLEPaul Pilch; Fiscal Year: 2005..the basis for the inhibition of insulin-stimulated glycogen synthesis in the denervated extensor digitorum longus (EDL) muscle and its restoration by incubation with AICAR...
- MYOGENIC FACTORS: MUSCLE MATURATION AND REGENERATIONMarcia Ontell; Fiscal Year: 2004..By transplanting newborn Myf 5 null extensor digitorum longus (EDL) muscles into the bed of normal hosts (where these muscle regenerate and become innervated), we can compare these ..
- PH REGULATION IN SKELETAL MUSCLE--DESIGN & PLASTICITYRobert Putnam; Fiscal Year: 1992..and the properties of the transport systems responsible for recovery will be compared in mouse soleus (red) and EDL (white) muscles...
- CELLULAR RESPIRATION IN MUSCLE ENERGY BALANCEMartin Kushmerick; Fiscal Year: 2004..spectroscopic and oxygen polarographic measurements of mitochondrial function will be made in excised mouse EDL (fast-twitch) and SOL (slow-twitch) muscles at rest and during contractile activity...
- PROPERTIES OF SKELETAL MUSCLE IN ALLOXAN DIABETESJIM GROSSIE; Fiscal Year: 1980..Intracellular methods are to be used for recording of electrical events. The contractile properties of extensor digitorium longus (EDL) muscle will be determined in alloxan diabetic states.
- RYANODINE RECEPTOR REGULATIONJOHN SUTKO; Fiscal Year: 2003..Rat extensor digitorum longus (EDL) and frog semitendinosus muscles will be compared o ascertain if phosphorylation of the RyRs differ in muscles ..
- Causes of mitochondrial dysfunction in aging muscleJASON VILLARIN; Fiscal Year: 2009..Isolated rat muscles that are either predominantly type-l (soleus) or type-ll (EDL) will be used to test susceptibility of particular fiber types...
- Dissection of Muscle Weight QTL Via Congenic StrainsArimantas Lionikas; Fiscal Year: 2008..This will be accomplished in two stages: (i) initially the weight of soleus, tibialis anterior (TA), EDL, gastrocnemius and biceps brachii (BB) muscles will be measured in congenic C57BL/6...
- CELLULAR BASIS OF ANTIATHEROGENESIS BY APOLIPOPROTEIN EDaniel Rader; Fiscal Year: 2001..These studies will provide greater understanding of the role of the local inflammatory response in atherosclerosis and its regulation by apoE. ..
- Gordon Research Conference: Lipoprotein Metabolism 2004Daniel Rader; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- HDL metabolism: Influence of extracellular lipasesDaniel Rader; Fiscal Year: 2009..of extracellular lipases that act on lipoproteins, lipoprotein lipase (LPL), hepatic lipase (HL), and endothelial lipase (EL), are significantly associated with variation in HDL-C levels...
- Mentored Career Development in Patient Oriented ResearchDaniel Rader; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- MECHANISM OF PI-RELATED DYSLIPIDEMIA AND ATHEROSCLEROSISDaniel Rader; Fiscal Year: 2004..These studies will provide novel insights into the mechanisms of PI-associated dyslipidemia and atherosclerosis. ..
- Testicular Torsion: Mechanisms and TreatmentTerry Turner; Fiscal Year: 2005..It is likely that these investigations will be relevant to other forms of oxidative stress inducing testicular dysfunction. ..
- Transmitter Repletion: Key to Phrenic-Diaphragm FunctionErik van Lunteren; Fiscal Year: 2005..These studies may lead to novel therapeutic approaches to respiratory muscle impairment and resulting hypercapnic respiratory failure for conditions which produce neuromuscular junction dysfunction. ..
- Human endothelial lipase in cardiovascular diseaseKAREN BADELLINO; Fiscal Year: 2006..The focus of the research project is endothelial lipase (EL), a member of the triglyceride lipase family that has been shown, in mouse over expression studies, to ..
- Pathogenic mechanisms that initiate DMDRobert Grange; Fiscal Year: 2006..These studies will provide valuable insight for the development of therapeutic interventions to prevent the onset of DMD. ..
- Role of Endothelial Lipase in AtherosclerosisHAMID RAZZAGHI; Fiscal Year: 2008..Recently, a newly discovered gene, called endothelial lipase(EL), has been shown to have several unique features that make EL a prime candidate gene for low HDL-C and ..
- Pre-habilitation of Aged and Young Neuromuscular SystemsMICHAEL DESCHENES; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Investigation of Human Muscle Function in vivoBRUCE DAMON; Fiscal Year: 2005..In this application we have requested partial support for the trainees to attend and benefit from the workshop; we have also requested support for a minority trainee travel stipend program...
- Identifying Kidney Disease Genes Through MutagenesisRONNY KORSTANJE; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- FUNCTIONAL STUDIES OF THE NA,K-ATPASEJerry Lingrel; Fiscal Year: 2009..These matings will provide animals where the alpha2 isoform is missing only in heart or smooth muscle and this will allow us to study the specific role of this isoform in cardiovascular function. ..
- DETERMINANTS OF EXTRAOCULAR MUSCLE FUNCTIONFrancisco H Andrade; Fiscal Year: 2010..Finally, these studies will explore the deleterious consequences of aging on eye muscle function. ..
- Extraocular muscle aging: Functional and genomic changesFrancisco Andrade; Fiscal Year: 2004..The results from this project will establish whether life-long oxidative stress is an important deleterious influence on the EOMs, and may prove this particular muscle group is a viable model for the study of skeletal muscle aging. ..
- MYOCYTE RESPONSES DURING EXPERIMENTAL MYASTHENIA GRAVISKeith Krolick; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- CHRONIC OBSTRUCTIVE PULMONARY DISEASE GENE LOCALIZATIONSANDRA HASSTEDT; Fiscal Year: 2002..Identifying a gene that when mutated increases the risk of COPD may increase understanding of pulmonary function, as well as allowing gene-carriers to be identified and made aware of their susceptibility. ..
- GENETIC DETERMINANTS OF PLASMA LIPOPROTEINSJonathan Cohen; Fiscal Year: 2002..These studies will help to determine the role of variation in hepatic lipase activity in determining plasma HDL concentrations, and LDL size distribution, two important risk factors for coronary artery disease. ..
- NA, K PUMP IN AGING SKELETAL MUSCLEYuk Chow Ng; Fiscal Year: 2005..The application will make use of a variety of biochemical techniques and also microdialysis to test tissue potassium fluxes. ..
- Quantifying Oxidative Metabolism in Diabetic MuscleBRUCE DAMON; Fiscal Year: 2005..Moreover, these techniques will be suitable for future studies of the effects of exercise training or other interventions in diabetic animal models. ..
- Role of Nitirc Oxide in Experimental Myasthenia GravisKeith Krolick; Fiscal Year: 2006..Specific Aim 4. Determine influences of NO production on the disease-susceptibility of the AChR-immune Lewis rat and the disease-resistance of the AChR-immune Wistar Furth rat. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Ion Channels and Chemicals Controlling Synapse StabilityJoseph McArdle; Fiscal Year: 2006..The knowledge gained from this research will enlighten future molecular approaches to treating pathologies which afflict children and adults. ..
- Novel hybrid AAV vectors for cystic fibrosis gene therapyDongsheng Duan; Fiscal Year: 2008..This is a generic approach independent of the transgene sequence. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Functional Dissection of Ret Signaling PathwaysSanjay Jain; Fiscal Year: 2008..The identification of specific components of this signaling pathway will be helpful ultimately in developing targeted therapeutics for these tumors and in enhancing our understanding of nervous system development. ..
- Inflammation, the metabolic syndrome and atherosclerosisMuredach Reilly; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Age Related Insulin Resistance, Akt/PKB, and Skeletal Muscle ProteolysisThomas Reynolds; Fiscal Year: 2007..In accordance with the NIH-AREA initiative the goals of this R15 proposal will be accomplished by making undergraduate students an integral part of all research activities. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MRI Detection of Skeletal Muscle Microvascular DysfunctionBRUCE DAMON; Fiscal Year: 2007..In these studies we will be developing new methods for studying blood flow to muscles non-invasively. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Skeletal Muscle Injury: Mechanism Prevention & TreatmentRichard Lieber; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies not only provide insights into the damage mechanism, but also shed light on important structure-function relationships in normal muscle. ..
- The Role of Cytokeratins in Skeletal Muscle InjuryRICHARD LOVERING; Fiscal Year: 2006..The proposed research is designed to elucidate some of the shared cellular and molecular mechanisms. ..
- Myosin structure and strength alterations in aging femalesDAWN LOWE; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Molecular Biophysics of Myosin and Actin in Aged MuscleDAWN LOWE; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- The Role of Nebulin Isoforms in Thin Filament AssemblyCAROLE MONCMAN; Fiscal Year: 2006..In addition, information gained here will add to our knowledge of the roles of these proteins in normal and diseased states. [unreadable] [unreadable]..