Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: LHCGR
Description: luteinizing hormone/choriogonadotropin receptor
Alias: HHG, LCGR, LGR2, LH/CG-R, LH/CGR, LHR, LHRHR, LSH-R, ULG5, lutropin-choriogonadotropic hormone receptor, hypergonadotropic hypogonadism, lutropin/choriogonadotropin receptor
Publications244 found, 100 shown here
- LH receptor mRNA and cytochrome P450 side-chain cleavage expression in bovine theca and granulosa cells luteinized by LH or forskolinR Mamluk
Department of Animal Sciences, Faculty of Agriculture, Food and Environmental Quality Sciences, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Rehovot, Israel
Domest Anim Endocrinol 15:103-14. 1998This study was undertaken to characterize the cDNA sequence encoding bovine LH receptor (LHR), and study the effect of different luteinization protocols on the steroidogenic capacity and LHR mRNA in bovine luteal cells...
- Biological function of the LH receptor is associated with slow receptor rotational diffusionD A Roess
Departments of Physiology and Chemistry, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO 80523, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1464:242-50. 2000..Binding of hCG to the rat wild-type receptor expressed on 293 cells (LHR-wt cells) or to the LH receptor on MA-10 cells produces functional receptors which exhibit rotational correlation ..
- A novel mechanism for the modulation of luteinizing hormone receptor mRNA expression in the rat ovaryH Peegel
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 6428 Medical Science I, 1150 West Medical Center Drive, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Mol Cell Endocrinol 233:65-72. 2005Luteinizing hormone receptor (LHR) is a G-protein-coupled receptor that exerts its effects mainly through increased cAMP synthesis...
- Knockout of luteinizing hormone receptor abolishes the effects of follicle-stimulating hormone on preovulatory maturation and ovulation of mouse graafian folliclesTomi Pakarainen
Department of Physiology, University of Turku, FIN 20500 Turku, Finland
Mol Endocrinol 19:2591-602. 2005..LH receptors (LHRs) still persists after hypophysectomy, such studies cannot totally exclude the possibility that LHR activation is involved in the apparently pure FSH effects...
- Fertility in luteinizing hormone receptor-knockout mice after wild-type ovary transplantation demonstrates redundancy of extragonadal luteinizing hormone actionTomi Pakarainen
Department of Physiology, Institute of Biomedicine, University of Turku, Turku, Finland
J Clin Invest 115:1862-8. 2005The luteinizing hormone receptor (LHR), mainly expressed in gonads, is essential for normal reproduction...
- Cloning and sequencing of human LH/hCG receptor cDNAT Minegishi
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Gunma University School of Medicine, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 172:1049-54. 1990..While the protein is 85 and 87% identical overall with the previously cloned rat and porcine LH/hCG receptor respectively, the most highly conserved regions are the putative transmembrane segments (91 and 94% similarity, respectively)...
- Localization of the human luteinizing hormone/choriogonadotropin receptor gene (LHCGR) to chromosome 2p21M F Rousseau-Merck
INSERM U301 et GRECO 140 CNRS, Hopital Saint Louis, Paris, France
Cytogenet Cell Genet 54:77-9. 1990..Probes corresponding to human and porcine LH (luteinizing hormone) receptor cDNA were used for in situ hybridization to human chromosomes. This allowed us to assign the LH receptor gene to chromosome 2p21...
- Comparison of immunocytochemical and molecular features with the phenotype in a case of incomplete male pseudohermaphroditism associated with a mutation of the luteinizing hormone receptorM Misrahi
Unit of Hormonal and Reproduction Research, INSERM U 135, Bicetre Hospital, France
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 82:2159-65. 1997..We propose that the partial impairment of LH receptor function, as reflected by the presence of Leydig cells, was responsible for the incomplete male pseudohermaphroditism observed in our patient...
- The lutropin/choriogonadotropin receptor, a 2002 perspectiveMario Ascoli
Department of Pharmacology, The University of Iowa, Iowa City, 52242 1109, USA
Endocr Rev 23:141-74. 2002Reproduction cannot take place without the proper functioning of the lutropin/choriogonadotropin receptor (LHR)...
- Mechanisms of gonadotropin desensitizationAbraham Amsterdam
Department of Molecular Cell Biology, The Weizmann Institute of Science, 76100, Rehovot, Israel
Mol Cell Endocrinol 187:69-74. 2002....
- Luteinizing hormone signaling and breast cancer: polymorphisms and age of onsetB L Powell
Department of Surgery, University of Western Australia, Nedlands 6907, Australia
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 88:1653-7. 2003..Estrogen synthesis is under the control of LH and FSH, where LH, through its receptor (LHR), stimulates production of ovarian androgens; and FSH, their aromatization to estrogens...
- Absence of exon 10 of the human luteinizing hormone (LH) receptor impairs LH, but not human chorionic gonadotropin actionThomas Muller
Institute of Reproductive Medicine, University of Munster, D 48129 Munster, Germany
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 88:2242-9. 2003The LH receptor (LHR) mediates the actions of LH and human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG). In vivo data showed that deletion of exon 10 does not affect hCG action, whereas LH action is impaired...
- Multiple luteinizing hormone receptor (LHR) protein variants, interspecies reactivity of anti-LHR mAb clone 3B5, subcellular localization of LHR in human placenta, pelvic floor and brain, and possible role for LHR in the development of abnormal pregnancy,Antonin Bukovsky
Laboratory for Development, Differentiation and Cancer, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, The University of Tennessee Graduate School of Medicine, 1924 Alcoa Highway, Knoxville, TN 37920, USA
Reprod Biol Endocrinol 1:46. 2003Distinct luteinizing hormone receptor (LHR) protein variants exist due to the posttranslational modifications...
- Human cervix contains functional luteinizing hormone/human chorionic gonadotropin receptorsP C Lin
Division of Research, Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Women s Health, University of Louisville Health Sciences Center, Louisville, Kentucky 40292, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 88:3409-14. 2003..In summary, human cervix contains functional LH/hCG receptors, which suggests that LH during the menstrual cycle and hCG during pregnancy may regulate cervical functions...
- Human fetal nongonadal tissues contain human chorionic gonadotropin/luteinizing hormone receptorsM A Abdallah
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Women s Health, University of Louisville Health Sciences Center, Louisville, Kentucky 40292, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 89:952-6. 2004..Although the role of fetal nongonadal hCG/LH receptors is not known, they may mediate the pleiotropic actions of hCG in the growing human fetus...
- Alternative splicing of the human luteal LH receptor during luteolysis and maternal recognition of pregnancyMayank Madhra
Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Department of Reproductive and Developmental Sciences, University of Edinburgh, UK
Mol Hum Reprod 10:599-603. 2004..These data do not support the hypothesis that qualitative changes in LH receptor splicing have a role in luteolysis or that a naturally occurring LH receptor lacking exon 10 has a role in maternal recognition of pregnancy...
- GnRH and LHR gene variants predict adverse outcome in premenopausal breast cancer patientsDjura Piersma
Department of Internal Medicine, Erasmus MC, 3000 CA Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Breast Cancer Res 9:R51. 2007..Breast cancer development and progression are dependent on estrogen activity. In premenopausal women, estrogen production is mainly regulated through the hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal (HPG) axis...
- Luteinizing hormone-induced up-regulation of ErbB-2 is insufficient stimulant of growth and invasion in ovarian cancer cellsSusanne W Warrenfeltz
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Georgia, Athens, GA 30602, USA
Mol Cancer Res 6:1775-85. 2008..development of ovarian cancer, are mediated by specific binding to its G protein-coupled receptor, the LH receptor (LHR). Activated LHR initiates second messenger responses, including cyclic AMP (cAMP) and inositol phosphate...
- Inactivating mutations of luteinizing hormone beta-subunit or luteinizing hormone receptor cause oligo-amenorrhea and infertility in womenIvo Jorge Arnhold
Unidade de Endocrinologia do Desenvolvimento, Laboratorio de Hormonios e Genetica Molecular, LIM 42, Divisão de Endocrinologia, Hospital das Clinicas da Faculdade de Medicina da Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Horm Res 71:75-82. 2009Women harbouring inactivating mutations in luteinizing hormone (LH) beta subunit (LHB) or LH receptor (LHCGR) genes have similar clinical manifestations characterized by female external genitalia, spontaneous breast and pubic hair ..
- Bioluminescence resonance energy transfer studies reveal constitutive dimerization of the human lutropin receptor and a lack of correlation between receptor activation and the propensity for dimerizationRongbin Guan
Department of Molecular Biophysics and Physiology, The Roy J and Lucille A Carver College of Medicine, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
J Biol Chem 284:7483-94. 2009..Taken altogether, our data suggest that hLHR dimers/oligomers are formed early in the biosynthetic pathway in the ER, are constitutively expressed on the plasma membrane, and are not affected by the activation state of the hLHR...
- Genetic polymorphisms of GnRH and gonadotrophic hormone receptors affect the phenotype of polycystic ovary syndromeO Valkenburg
Division of Reproductive Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Erasmus MC, University Medical Center, Room HS508, P O Box 2040, 3000 CA Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Hum Reprod 24:2014-22. 2009..The present study aims to examine the influence of genetic variants of the HPG-axis on the severity of clinical features of PCOS and disease susceptibility...
- Diseases associated with mutations of the human lutropin receptorDeborah L Segaloff
Department of Molecular Physiology and Biophysics, The Roy J and Lucille A Carver College of Medicine, The University of Iowa, Iowa City, 52242, USA
Prog Mol Biol Transl Sci 89:97-114. 2009The human lutropin receptor (LHCGR) plays an integral role in male and female reproductive physiology. In response to either placental hCG or pituitary LH, gonadal LHCGR mediates its effects primarily through Gs activation...
- Luteinizing hormone receptor mRNA down-regulation is mediated through ERK-dependent induction of RNA binding proteinBindu Menon
Department of Obstetrics Gynecology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 0617, USA
Mol Endocrinol 25:282-90. 2011The ligand-induced down-regulation of LH receptor (LHR) expression in the ovaries, at least in part, is regulated by a posttranscriptional process mediated by a specific LH receptor mRNA binding protein (LRBP)...
- Genome-wide association study identifies susceptibility loci for polycystic ovary syndrome on chromosome 2p16.3, 2p21 and 9q33.3Zi Jiang Chen
Center for Reproductive Medicine, Shandong Provincial Hospital, Shandong University, Jinan, Shandong, China
Nat Genet 43:55-9. 2011..73 × 10⁻²³, OR 0.67); and 9q33.3 (rs2479106, P(meta) = 8.12 × 10⁻¹⁹, OR 1.34). These findings provide new insight into the pathogenesis of PCOS. Follow-up studies of the candidate genes in these regions are recommended...
- Mutation analysis of the LH receptor gene in Leydig cell adenoma and hyperplasia and functional and biochemical studies of activating mutations of the LH receptor geneAnnemieke M Boot
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Endocrinology, University Medical Center Groningen, Beatrix Children s Hospital, 9700 RB Groningen, The Netherlands
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 96:E1197-205. 2011Germline and somatic activating mutations in the LH receptor (LHR) gene have been reported.
- Inherited mutation of the luteinizing hormone/choriogonadotropin receptor (LHCGR) in empty follicle syndromeKemal O Yariz
Department of Human Genetics and Institute for Human Genomics, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, Florida, USA
Fertil Steril 96:e125-30. 2011..To test by genomic analysis whether empty follicle syndrome (EFS) in a family with two affected sisters has a genetic basis...
- Association of polymorphisms in genes encoding hormone receptors ESR1, ESR2 and LHCGR with the risk and clinical features of testicular germ cell cancerLeon J S Brokken
Department of Clinical Sciences, Molecular Reproductive Medicine, Lund University, Sweden
Mol Cell Endocrinol 351:279-85. 2012..Polymorphisms in ESR2 (rs1256063; OR=0.53, 95% CI: 0.35-0.79) and LHCGR (rs4597581; OR=0.68, 95% CI: 0.51-0.89, and rs4953617; OR=1.88, 95% CI: 1.21-2.94) associated with risk of TGCC...
- A novel luteinizing hormone/chorionic gonadotropin receptor mutation associated with amenorrhea, low oocyte yield, and recurrent pregnancy lossYaakov Bentov
Toronto Centre for Advanced Reproductive Technology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Fertil Steril 97:1165-8. 2012..To study the cause for poor oocyte yield, amenorrhea, and recurrent pregnancy loss in a patient undergoing IVF...
- Association of the genetic variants of luteinizing hormone, luteinizing hormone receptor and polycystic ovary syndromeNana Liu
Center for Reproductive Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Peking University Third Hospital, Beijing 100191, Peoples Republic of China
Reprod Biol Endocrinol 10:36. 2012..Certain mutations of LH and LH receptor (LHR) may lead to changes in bioactivity of these hormones...
- Variants in DENND1A and LHCGR are associated with endometrioid adenocarcinomaZhenyan Wang
Center for Reproductive Medicine, Provincial Hospital affiliated to Shandong University, 324 Jingwu Road, Jinan, 250021, China
Gynecol Oncol 127:403-5. 2012..of this study was to explore the polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) related single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) rs13405728 (in gene LHCGR), rs13429458 (in gene THADA) and rs2479106 (in gene DENND1A) in women with endometrial carcinoma.
- A splice variant of the human luteinizing hormone (LH) receptor modulates the expression of wild-type human LH receptorKazuto Nakamura
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, School of Medicine, Gunma University, Gunma 371 8511, Japan
Mol Endocrinol 18:1461-70. 2004..In this study, we demonstrated that hLHR is capable of forming receptor complexes. Our findings may expand the possibility of a splice variant of hLHR specifically modulating the functional property of the wild-type hLHR...
- Regulation of expression of the chorionic gonadotropin/luteinizing hormone receptor gene in the human myometrium: involvement of specificity protein-1 (Sp1), Sp3, Sp4, Sp-like proteins, and histone deacetylasesRobert J Phillips
School of Surgical and Reproductive Sciences Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, 3rd Floor, William Leech Building, Faculty of Medical Sciences, Framlington Place, Newcastle upon Tyne NE2 4HH, United Kingdom
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 90:3479-90. 2005....
- Homozygous mutation within the conserved Ala-Phe-Asn-Glu-Thr motif of exon 7 of the LH receptor causes male pseudohermaphroditismJorg Gromoll
Institute of Reproductive Medicine of the University, Munster, Germany
Eur J Endocrinol 147:597-608. 2002Human chorionic gonadotropin/luteinizing hormone (hCG/LH) function in the male is mediated by the LH receptor (LHR) and is crucial for the normal development of internal and external genitalia...
- Structure of the human luteinizing hormone-choriogonadotropin receptor gene: unusual promoter and 5' non-coding regionsM Atger
Unité de Recherches Hormones et Reproduction, INSERM U 135, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Mol Cell Endocrinol 111:113-23. 1995..Primers and PCR conditions are described for the direct genomic sequencing of all the exons of the gene. This information should facilitate the study of pathological mutations of the receptor...
- Molecular cloning and characterization of FSH and LH receptors in Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar L.)Gersende Maugars
Department of Aquaculture, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, SE 901 83 Umea, Sweden
Gen Comp Endocrinol 149:108-17. 2006Two cDNAs encoding the FSH receptor (FSHR) and the LH receptor (LHR) from Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar) were cloned and characterized...
- Dual mechanisms of regulation of transcription of luteinizing hormone receptor gene by nuclear orphan receptors and histone deacetylase complexesYing Zhang
Molecular Endocrinology Section, Endocrinology and Reproduction Research Branch, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development NIH, 49 Convent Drive, Building 49, Room 6A 36, Bethesda, MD 20892 4510, USA
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 85:401-14. 2003The luteinizing hormone receptor (LHR), a member of the G protein-coupled, seven transmembrane receptor family, is essential for normal sexual development and reproductive function...
- A functional transmembrane complex: the luteinizing hormone receptor with bound ligand and G proteinD Puett
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Life Sciences Building, University of Georgia, 120 Green Street, Athens, GA 30602 7229, USA
Mol Cell Endocrinol 260:126-36. 2007The luteinizing hormone receptor (LHR) is one of eight members in a cluster of the rhodopsin family of the large G protein-coupled receptor (GPCR) superfamily that contains some 800-900 genes in the human genome...
- Luteinizing hormone and follicle-stimulating hormone receptors and their transcribed genes (mRNA) are present in the lower urinary tract of intact male and female dogsS Ponglowhapan
Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, The Royal Veterinary College, University of London, Hawkshead Lane, North Mymms, Hatfield, Hertfordshire, AL9 7TA, UK
Theriogenology 67:353-66. 2007..These data and the fact that non-gonadal tissues may contain receptors for LH (LHR) and FSH (FSHR) suggest that there might be a functional relationship between gonadotrophins and the lower urinary ..
- Evidence for the association of luteinizing hormone receptor mRNA-binding protein with the translating ribosomes during receptor downregulationBindu Menon
Department of Obstetrics Gynecology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0617, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1793:1787-94. 2009Luteinizing hormone receptor (LHR) mRNA is post-transcriptionally regulated during ligand-induced downregulation...
- Postnatal androgenization induces premature aging of rat ovariesA Bukovsky
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Tennessee Medical Center, Graduate School of Medicine, Knoxville, TN, USA
Steroids 65:190-205. 2000..To characterize the ovarian failure, we studied the histology, luteinizing hormone receptor (LHR) expression, and characterized changes of vascular pericytes, T cells, and dendritic cells in ovarian steroidogenic ..
- Intra-cervical application of Misoprostol at estrus alters the content of cervical hyaluronan and the mRNA expression of follicle stimulating hormone receptor (FSHR), luteinizing hormone receptor (LHR) and cyclooxygenase-2 in the eweS Leethongdee
Faculty of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Mahasarakham University, Tambon Talaad, Amphur Muang, Mahasarakham 44000, Thailand
Theriogenology 73:1257-66. 2010..This study examined if intra-cervical Misoprostol altered the hyaluronan content and the mRNA expression of COX-2, LHR, or FSHR in the cervix of the estrus ewe...
- The effect of distinct activating mutations of the luteinizing hormone receptor gene on the pituitary-gonadal axis in both sexesA C Latronico
Unidade de Endocrinologia do Desenvolvimento, Laboratorio de Hormonios e Genetica Molecular, LIM 42, Hospital das Clinicas, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 53:609-13. 2000..form of sexual precocity caused by constitutively activating mutations of the luteinizing hormone receptor (LHR)...
- Molecular cloning of a novel luteinizing-hormone/human-chorionic-gonadotropin-receptor cDNA. Identification of a long 3' untranslated region and cDNA sequence of the major transcript in rat ovaryD L Lu
Department of Biological Chemistry, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor
Eur J Biochem 222:753-60. 1994..4-kb transcript. We propose that the nucleotide sequence of the 6.7-kb lutropin/choriogonadotropin-receptor transcript, the major form found in rat ovary, contains a long 3' UTR, which has not been previously identified...
- Concentrations of steroids and expression of messenger RNA for steroidogenic enzymes and gonadotropin receptors in bovine ovarian follicles of first and second waves and changes in second wave follicles after pulsatile LH infusionM Manikkam
Department of Animal Sciences, University of Missouri Columbia, Columbia, MO 65211 5300, USA
Anim Reprod Sci 67:189-203. 2001..3beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase Delta(4), Delta(5) isomerase (3beta-HSD), FSH receptor (FSHr) and LH receptor (LHr) in bovine ovarian follicles of the first and second waves of the bovine oestrous cycle and to determine if LH ..
- Evidence for dual coupling of the murine luteinizing hormone receptor to adenylyl cyclase and phosphoinositide breakdown and Ca2+ mobilization. Studies with the cloned murine luteinizing hormone receptor expressed in L cellsT Gudermann
Department of Cell Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030
J Biol Chem 267:4479-88. 1992The murine receptor for luteinizing hormone (LHR) was cloned and expressed in L cells...
- The expression of pituitary FSHbeta and LHbeta mRNA and gonadal FSH and LH receptor mRNA in the chicken embryoAgnieszka K Grzegorzewska
Department of Animal Physiology and Endocrinology, University of Agriculture in Krakow, Krakow, Poland
Reprod Biol 9:253-69. 2009..LH beta subunit (LHbeta) and FSH beta subunit (FSHbeta) mRNAs as well as gonadal expression of LH and FSH receptor (LHR and FSHR) mRNAs were determined on days 11 (E11) and 17 (E17) of embryonic development and after hatching (D1)...
- Gonadal defects and hormonal alterations in transgenic mice expressing a single chain human chorionic gonadotropin-lutropin receptor complexThomas P Meehan
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Georgia, Athens, GA 30602, USA
J Mol Endocrinol 34:489-503. 2005To study the effects of premature and chronic ligand-mediated luteinizing hormone receptor (LHR) activation on reproductive development, we have generated transgenic mice expressing a genetically engineered, constitutively active yoked ..
- Isolation and characterization of a novel trans-factor for luteinizing hormone receptor mRNA from ovaryAnil K Nair
Departments of Biological Chemistry and Obstetrics Gynecology, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 0617, USA
J Biol Chem 279:14937-44. 2004..identified in rats and humans, which binds to a polypyrimidine-rich bipartitate sequence in the coding region of LHR mRNA, acts as a trans-acting factor in this process...
- Regulation of luteinizing hormone receptor expression: evidence of translational suppression in vitro by a hormonally regulated mRNA-binding protein and its endogenous association with luteinizing hormone receptor mRNA in the ovaryAnil K Nair
Department of Obstetrics Gynecology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 0617, USA
J Biol Chem 280:42809-16. 2005Our previous studies have identified a luteinizing hormone receptor (LHR) mRNA-binding protein (LRBP) that binds to the coding region (LBS) of rat LHR mRNA. The identity of LRBP was later established as mevalonate kinase (MVK)...
- Homologous desensitization of the murine luteinizing hormone receptor expressed in L cellsT Gudermann
Institut fur Pharmakologie, Freie Universitat Berlin, Germany
Mol Cell Endocrinol 110:125-35. 1995Using a clonal cell line that stably expresses the murine luteinizing hormone receptor (LHR 11/6 cells), we studied the molecular mechanisms of agonist-induced desensitization of the luteinizing hormone/chorionic gonadotropin-responsive ..
- Zebrafish gonadotropins and their receptors: I. Cloning and characterization of zebrafish follicle-stimulating hormone and luteinizing hormone receptors--evidence for their distinct functions in follicle developmentHin Fai Kwok
Department of Biology, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, New Territories, Hong Kong, China
Biol Reprod 72:1370-81. 2005In the present study, we cloned and characterized zebrafish FSH receptor (Fshr) and LH receptor (Lhr)...
- Insulin-like growth factor binding protein 4 expression parallels luteinizing hormone receptor expression and follicular luteinization in the primate ovaryJian Zhou
Developmental Endocrinology Branch, NICHD, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Biol Reprod 69:22-9. 2003..The IGFBP4 mRNA was selectively expressed by LH receptor (LHR) mRNA-positive theca interna cells of healthy antral follicles (defined by aromatase and gonadotropin receptor ..
- Luteinizing hormone receptor ectodomain splice variant misroutes the full-length receptor into a subcompartment of the endoplasmic reticulumPirjo M Apaja
Biocenter Oulu, University of Oulu, FI 90014 Oulu, Finland
Mol Biol Cell 17:2243-55. 2006The luteinizing hormone receptor (LHR) is a G protein-coupled receptor that is expressed in multiple RNA messenger forms...
- Adrenocortical tumorigenesis, luteinizing hormone receptor and transcription factors GATA-4 and GATA-6Susanna Vuorenoja
Department of Physiology, University of Turku, FIN 20520 Turku, Finland
Mol Cell Endocrinol 269:38-45. 2007..human adrenal glands as well as the possibility of constitutive expressions of luteinizing hormone receptor (LHR) in adrenal cortex has been reported...
- Structure-function relationships of the luteinizing hormone receptorDavid Puett
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, B129 Fred C Davison Life Sciences Complex, University of Georgia, 120 Green St, Athens, GA 30602 7229, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1061:41-54. 2005..LH and CG bind to a common receptor, LHR, and FSH binds to a paralogous receptor...
- Impact of a constitutively active luteinizing hormone receptor on testicular gene expression and postnatal Leydig cell developmentMary M Coonce
Department of Physiology, School of Medicine, Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, IL 62901, USA
Mol Cell Endocrinol 298:33-41. 2009The actions of luteinizing hormone (LH) mediated through its receptor (LHR) are critical for testicular steroidogenesis and Leydig cell differentiation...
- Disorders of sexual development caused by luteinizing hormone receptor mutationsWai Yee Chan
Laboratory of Clinical Genomics, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 4429, USA
Beijing Da Xue Xue Bao 37:32-8. 2005The Luteinizing hormone/chorionic gonadotropin receptor (LHR) plays a critical role in human male sexual development. Both gain-of-function and loss-of-function mutations of the LHR have been described...
- Chimeras of the rat and human FSH receptors (FSHRs) identify residues that permit or suppress transmembrane 6 mutation-induced constitutive activation of the FSHR via rearrangements of hydrophobic interactions between helices 6 and 7Ya Xiong Tao
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, The University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
Mol Endocrinol 16:1881-92. 2002..domain (TM) 6 region of the hFSHR that were done based upon known constitutively activating mutations of the human LHR were found to have no effect on hFSHR signaling...
- Functional differences of invariant and highly conserved residues in the extracellular domain of the glycoprotein hormone receptorsKrassimira Angelova
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia 30602, USA
J Biol Chem 285:34813-27. 2010..Binding of the other human glycoprotein hormones to their cognate human receptors (luteinizing hormone receptor (LHR) and thyroid-stimulating hormone receptor (TSHR)) was expected to be similar...
- Normal prenatal but arrested postnatal sexual development of luteinizing hormone receptor knockout (LuRKO) miceF P Zhang
Department of Physiology, Institute of Biomedicine, University of Turku FIN 20520, Turku, Finland
Mol Endocrinol 15:172-83. 2001To study further the role of gonadotropins in reproductive functions, we generated mice with LH receptor (LHR) knockout (LuRKO) by inactivating, through homologous recombination, exon 11 on the LHR gene...
- Genetic characterization of European-Zebu composite bovine using RFLP markersErica Perez Marson
Grupo de Melhoramento Animal, Departamento de Ciencias Basicas, Faculdade de Zootecnia e Engenharia de Alimentos, Universidade de São Paulo FZEA USP, 13636 000 Pirassununga, SP, Brazil
Genet Mol Res 4:496-505. 2005..breed compositions (A-F), were characterized genetically, using RFLP markers of luteinizing hormone receptor (LHR) and follicle-stimulating hormone receptor (FSHR) genes...
- Transgenic and knockout mouse models for the study of luteinizing hormone and luteinizing hormone receptor functionIlpo Huhtaniemi
Department of Physiology, University of Turku, Kiinamyllynkatu 10, 20520, Turku, Finland
Mol Cell Endocrinol 187:49-56. 2002..emerging from studies on genetically modified mouse models, with either enhanced or suppressed LH/LH receptor (LHR) function...
- Regulation of function of the murine luteinizing hormone receptor promoter by cis- and trans-acting elements in mouse Leydig tumor cellsT El-Hefnawy
Department of Physiology, University of Turku, Finland
Mol Cell Endocrinol 119:207-17. 1996..Placing an LHR promoter fragment (bases -715/ -56) in front of the Herpes simplex virus thymidine kinase (TK) minimal promoter ..
- Luteinizing hormone receptor-stimulated progesterone production by preovulatory granulosa cells requires protein kinase A-dependent activation/dephosphorylation of the actin dynamizing protein cofilinAmelia B Karlsson
School of Molecular Biosciences, Washington State University, Pullman, WA 83843, USA
Mol Endocrinol 24:1765-81. 2010Activation of the LH receptor (LHR) on preovulatory granulosa cells stimulates the cAMP/protein kinase A (PKA) pathway to regulate expression of genes required for ovulation and luteinization...
- Differentiation of chicken gonad as an endocrine organ: expression of LH receptor, FSH receptor, cytochrome P450c17 and aromatase genesY Akazome
Department of Biological Sciences, Graduate School of Science, University of Tokyo, Bunkyo ku 113 0033, Japan
Reproduction 123:721-8. 2002..The expression of mRNAs encoding LH receptor (LHR), FSH receptor (FSHR), P450c17 and P450aromatase in the developing gonads of embryos between day 4 and day 6 of ..
- Association of luteinizing hormone receptor gene expression with cell cycle progression in granulosa cellsJennifer D Cannon
Dept of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Sciences, Univ of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 296:E1392-9. 2009..Several key genes appear to follow a similar pattern, including the luteinizing hormone receptor (LHCGR), suggesting an association between cell cycle progression and gene expression...
- Molecular cloning and expression analysis of Fshr and Lhr in relation to Fshb and Lhb subunits during the period of temperature-dependent sex determination in pejerrey Odontesthes bonariensisTakahiro Shinoda
Graduate School of Marine Science and Technology, Tokyo University of Marine Science and Technology, Minato, Tokyo, Japan
Mol Reprod Dev 77:521-32. 2010..we cloned and characterized the follicle stimulating hormone receptor (Fshr) and luteinizing hormone receptor (Lhr) cDNAs of pejerrey Odontesthes bonariensis, a species with temperature-dependent sex determination (TSD), and ..
- Effect of serum and cumulus cell expansion on marker gene transcripts in bovine cumulus-oocyte complexes during maturation in vitroMichele D Calder
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada
Fertil Steril 83:1077-85. 2005To determine the distribution of transcripts encoding the FSH receptor (FSHr), LH receptor (LHr), connexin 43 (Cx43), cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2), and prostaglandin E(2) receptors 2 and 3 (EP2 and EP3) within bovine cumulus-oocyte complexes ..
- Murine oocytes suppress expression of luteinizing hormone receptor messenger ribonucleic acid by granulosa cellsJ J Eppig
Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, Maine 04609 1500, USA
Biol Reprod 56:976-84. 1997..In these follicles, mural granulosa cells express LH receptors (LHR) and LHR mRNA, but expression of these molecules is low or undetectable in cumulus cells...
- Changes of ovarian interstitial cell hormone receptors and behavior of resident mesenchymal cells in developing and adult rats with steroid-induced sterilityAntonin Bukovsky
Laboratory for Development, Differentiation and Cancer, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, The University of Tennessee Graduate School of Medicine, 1924 Alcoa Highway, Knoxville, TN 37920, USA
Steroids 67:277-89. 2002..size (> or = 12 microm), enhanced androgen receptor (AR) and low estrogen (ER) and luteinizing hormone receptor (LHR) expression...
- Involvement of Gs and Gi proteins in dual coupling of the luteinizing hormone receptor to adenylyl cyclase and phospholipase CA Herrlich
Institut fur Pharmakologie, Freie Universitat Berlin, Thielallee 69 73, D 14195 Berlin, Germany
J Biol Chem 271:16764-72. 1996..In membranes of bovine corpora lutea and of L cells stably expressing the murine LH receptor (LHR cells), human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) led to incorporation of the label into alphas and alphai2...
- Molecular characterization of the follicle defects in the growth differentiation factor 9-deficient ovaryJ A Elvin
Department of Pathology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Mol Endocrinol 13:1018-34. 1999..e. 17alpha-hydroxylase, LH receptor (LHR), and c-kit, the receptor for kit ligand]...
- Testosterone stimulates progesterone production and STAR, P450 cholesterol side-chain cleavage and LH receptor mRNAs expression in hen (Gallus domesticus) granulosa cellsP L Rangel
Facultad de Medicina Veterinaria y Zootecnia, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Avenida Universidad 3000, CP 04510 México D F, Mexico and Royal Dick School of Veterinary Studies, The Roslin Institute, University of Edinburgh, Roslin, Midlothian EH25 9PS, UK
Reproduction 138:961-9. 2009..if it does so by stimulating granulosa cell STAR, P450 cholesterol side-chain cleavage (P450scc), and LH receptor (LHCGR) mRNAs expression...
- Expression of vascular endothelial growth factor A during ligand-induced down-regulation of luteinizing hormone receptor in the ovaryM Harada
Department of Obstetrics Gynecology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0278, United States
Mol Cell Endocrinol 328:28-33. 2010..In this study, we examined the temporal relationship between VEGF-A and luteinizing hormone receptor (LHR) mRNA expression during ligand-induced down-regulation of LHR...
- Characterization and relative abundance of alternatively spliced luteinizing hormone receptor messenger ribonucleic acid in the ovine ovaryD J Bacich
Department of Medicine, Flinders University of South Australia
Endocrinology 135:735-44. 1994Complementary DNA (cDNA) clones encoding the LH receptor (LHR) were recently isolated from pig, rat, mouse, and human testes or ovaries...
- Age- and sex-specific promoter function of a 2-kilobase 5'-flanking sequence of the murine luteinizing hormone receptor gene in transgenic miceT Hamalainen
Department of Physiology, University of Turku, Finland
Endocrinology 140:5322-9. 1999A transgenic (TG) mouse model carrying a 2-kb murine LH receptor (LHR) promoter/beta-galactosidase (beta-GAL) fusion gene was created to study the regulatory function of the 5'-flanking region of the murine LHR gene...
- Differences in splicing of mRNA encoding LH receptor in theca cells according to breeding season in ewesL Abdennebi
Unité Récepteurs et Communication Cellulaire, INRA Biotechnologies, 78352 Jouy en Josas, France
Reproduction 123:819-26. 2002Splice variants of mRNA encoding the LH receptor (LHR) during follicular development were characterized in cyclic and non-cyclic ewes. Granulosa and theca cells were collected from individual follicles...
- Expression of LH receptor mRNA splice variants in bovine granulosa cells: changes with follicle size and regulation by FSH in vitroM F G Nogueira
Departamento de Farmacologia, Instituto de Biociencias, Universidade Estadual Paulista, Botucatu, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Mol Reprod Dev 74:680-6. 2007In cattle, most evidence suggests that granulosa cells express LH receptors (LHR) after (or as) the follicle becomes dominant, however there is some suggestion that granulosa cells from smaller pre-dominant follicles may express several ..
- Molecular biology of channel catfish gonadotropin receptors: 1. Cloning of a functional luteinizing hormone receptor and preovulatory induction of gene expressionR S Kumar
Center of Marine Biotechnology, University of Maryland Biotechnology Institute, Baltimore, Maryland 21202, USA
Biol Reprod 64:1010-8. 2001..We have cloned the LH receptor (LHR) in the channel catfish (cc), and examined its gene expression throughout a reproductive cycle...
- Molecular characterization of postnatal development of testicular steroidogenesis in luteinizing hormone receptor knockout miceFu Ping Zhang
Department of Physiology, Institute of Biomedicine, University of Turku, Finland
Endocrinology 145:1453-63. 2004We recently demonstrated that the sexual development of LH receptor (LHR) knockout mice is normal until birth, but is totally arrested thereafter...
- Liver receptor homolog-1 stimulates the progesterone biosynthetic pathway during follicle-stimulating hormone-induced granulosa cell differentiationDeeksha Saxena
Department of Cell Biology and Physiology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15261, USA
Endocrinology 145:3821-9. 2004FSH-stimulated granulosa cell differentiation is associated with the induction of the LH receptor (LHr) as well as induction of the estrogen and progesterone biosynthetic pathways...
- Genetic ablation of luteinizing hormone receptor improves the amyloid pathology in a mouse model of Alzheimer diseaseJing Lin
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Women s Health, University of Louisville School of Medicine, Louisville, Kentucky 40292, USA
J Neuropathol Exp Neurol 69:253-61. 2010..To assess the effect of LH receptor deficiency on Abeta accumulation, we generated a bigenic mouse model, APPsw(+)/Lhr(-/-), which expresses human amyloid precursor protein (APPsw) in the background of LH receptor (Lhr) knockout...
- Reactive oxygen species (ROS) play a critical role in the cAMP-induced activation of Ras and the phosphorylation of ERK1/2 in Leydig cellsPing Tai
Department of Pharmacology, Carver College of Medicine, The University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
Mol Endocrinol 25:885-93. 2011Activation of the LH receptor (LHR) in Leydig cells results in the phosphorylation of ERK1/2 by cAMP-dependent and cAMP-independent pathways. Here we examine the mechanisms by which cAMP stimulates ERK1/2 phosphorylation...
- Response to challenge with gonadotropin-releasing hormone agonist in a mother and her two sons with a constitutively activating mutation of the luteinizing hormone receptor--a clinical research center studyI M Rosenthal
Department of Pediatrics, University of Chicago, Illinois 60637 1470, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 81:3802-6. 1996..male-limited pseudoprecocious puberty were found to have a constitutively activating mutation of the LH receptor (LHR)...
- Ribonucleic acid binding protein-mediated regulation of luteinizing hormone receptor expression in granulosa cells: relationship to sterol metabolismLei Wang
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
Mol Endocrinol 21:2233-41. 2007Posttranscriptional mechanism plays a crucial role in regulating LH receptor (LHR) expression in the ovary...
- Effect of estrogen on the expression of luteinizing hormone-human chorionic gonadotropin receptor messenger ribonucleic acid in cultured rat granulosa cellsSadatomo Ikeda
Department of Gynecology and Reproductive Medicine, Gunma University Graduate School of Medicine, Gunma, Japan
Endocrinology 149:1524-33. 2008Estrogen has been considered to enhance FSH actions in the ovary, including the induction of the LH receptor (LHR)...
- Cloning and analysis of sodC, encoding the copper-zinc superoxide dismutase of Escherichia coliK R Imlay
Department of Microbiology, University of Illinois, Urbana 61801, USA
J Bacteriol 178:2564-71. 1996..The gene, denoted sodC, is located at 37.1 min on the chromosome, adjacent to lhr and sodB. A monocistronic transcript of sodC accumulates only in stationary phase...
- Interaction, signal generation, signal divergence, and signal transduction of LH/CG and the receptorT H Ji
Department of Molecular Biology, University of Wyoming, Laramie 82071 3944, USA
Recent Prog Horm Res 52:431-53; discussion 454. 1997..Interestingly, the alpha C-terminal residues play distinct roles in all three hormones, despite its common nature...
- Identification and structural characterization of the neuronal luteinizing hormone receptor associated with sensory systemsPirjo M Apaja
Biocenter Oulu and the Department of Anatomy, University of Oulu, Oulu FIN 90014, Finland
J Biol Chem 279:1899-906. 2004The luteinizing hormone receptor (LHR) is a G protein-coupled receptor involved in regulation of ovarian and testicular functions...
- Gonadotropin hormone and receptor sequences from model teleost speciesAndrew C Wong
Department of Animal Science, University of California, Davis, California 95616, USA
Zebrafish 1:203-21. 2004..approaches to identify the FSH and LH gonadotropin beta-subunits (fshb and lhb, respectively), and the LH receptor (lhr) from two model teleost species: zebrafish (Danio rerio) and Fugu (Takifugu rubripes)...
- Effects of polymorphisms of LHR and FSHR genes on sexual precocity in a Bos taurus x Bos indicus beef composite populationE P Marson
Produção Animal, Colégio Agrícola Senador Carlos Gomes de Oliveira, Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina, Araquari, SC, Brasil
Genet Mol Res 7:243-51. 2008The purpose of the present research was to investigate the effects of polymorphisms of luteinizing hormone receptor (LHR) and follicle-stimulating hormone receptor (FSHR) genes, evaluated by polymerase chain reaction-restriction fragment ..
- The industrial chemical bisphenol A (BPA) interferes with proliferative activity and development of steroidogenic capacity in rat Leydig cellsManjunatha K Nanjappa
Department of Anatomy, Physiology, and Pharmacology, Auburn University, Auburn, Alabama 36849, USA
Biol Reprod 86:135, 1-12. 2012..On the other hand, BPA suppressed protein expression of the luteinizing hormone receptor (LHCGR) and the 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase enzyme (HSD17B3), thereby decreasing androgen secretion by Leydig ..
- Discovery of substituted benzamides as follicle stimulating hormone receptor allosteric modulatorsHenry N Yu
EMD Serono Research Institute, 45A Middlesex Turnpike, Billerica, MA 01821, United States TocopheRx, Inc, Suite 1077, 15 New England Executive Park, Burlington, MA 01803, United States Electronic address
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 24:2168-72. 2014..rat granulosa cells, as well as remarkable selectivity against the closely related luteinizing hormone receptor (LHR) and thyroid stimulating hormone receptor (TSHR)...
- Temporal changes in histomorphology and gene expression in goat testes during postnatal developmentA N Faucette
Department of Animal Science, Texas A and M University, Texas A and M AgriLife Research, College Station 77843 2471
J Anim Sci 92:4440-8. 2014..1), while Luteinizing Hormone Receptor (LHCGR) mRNA abundance in testes was not significantly different across the ages...
- Effect of oestrus synchronization with PGF2α/eCG/hCG on luteal P4 synthesis in early pregnant giltsM Szymanska
Institute of Animal Reproduction and Food Research of the Polish Academy of Sciences, Olsztyn, Poland
Reprod Domest Anim 49:1034-42. 2014..the concentration of P4 in the luteal tissue and blood; and (iii) the expression of luteinizing hormone receptors (LHR) and oestrogen receptors (ERα and ERβ)...
- Forms of Circulating Luteinizing Hormone Human Chorionic Gonadotropin Receptor for the Prediction of Early and Late Preeclampsia in the First Trimester of PregnancyFrancesca Crovetto
BCNatal Barcelona Center for Maternal Fetal and Neonatal Medicine, Hospital Clínic and Hospital Sant Joan de Deu, IDIBAPS, University of Barcelona, and Center for Biomedical Research on Rare Diseases CIBERER, Barcelona, Spain
Fetal Diagn Ther 38:94-102. 2015To explore the value of circulating luteinizing human chorionic gonadotropin receptor (LHCGR) forms for the prediction of preeclampsia (PE) in the first trimester of pregnancy.
- miR-122 Regulates LH Receptor Expression by Activating Sterol Response Element Binding Protein in Rat OvariesBindu Menon
Departments of Obstetrics Gynecology and Biological Chemistry, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 0617
Endocrinology 156:3370-80. 2015LH/human chorionic gonadotropin receptor (LHR) undergoes down-regulation during preovulatory LH surge or in response to exposure to a supraphysiological concentration of its ligands through a posttranscriptional mechanism involving an ..
- Gaseous and Particulate Content of Laser Hair Removal PlumeGary S Chuang
Wellman Center for Photomedicine, Department of Dermatology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston2Division of Dermatology, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles
JAMA Dermatol . 2016Potentially harmful chemicals are released when tissues are vaporized. Laser hair removal (LHR) causes heating and often vaporization of hairs, producing both a signature malodorous plume and visible particulates.
- A new subclass of the luteinizing hormone/chorionic gonadotropin receptor lacking exon 10 messenger RNA in the New World monkey (Platyrrhini) lineageJorg Gromoll
Institute of Reproductive Medicine of the University, University of Munster, D 48129 Munster, Germany
Biol Reprod 69:75-80. 2003The luteinizing hormone receptor (LHR) plays an essential role as a mediator of LH and CG action during embryonic sexual differentiation and in gametogenesis...
- Mouse strain susceptibility to gonadectomy-induced adrenocortical tumor formation correlates with the expression of GATA-4 and luteinizing hormone receptorMalgorzata Bielinska
Department of Pediatrics, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis Children s Hospital, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Endocrinology 144:4123-33. 2003..mRNA encoding another factor associated with adrenocortical tumorigenesis, LH receptor (LHR), was detected in A and B cells...
- Glycoprotein hormone receptors: link between receptor homodimerization and negative cooperativityEneko Urizar
IRIBHM, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Campus Erasme, Brussels, Belgium
EMBO J 24:1954-64. 2005..This study is the first report of homodimerization associated with negative cooperativity in rhodopsin-like GPCRs. As such, it may warrant revisitation of allosterism in the whole GPCR family...
- JAIRAM K M MENON; Fiscal Year: 2016..LH, through its interaction with LH/hCG receptor (LHR) regulates steroid hormone production, ovulation, fertilization, implantation and pregnancy maintenance...
- The Mechanism of Cryptorchidism in LH Receptor Knockout AnimalsZhenmin Lei; Fiscal Year: 2012..deficiency, unbalanced androgen/estrogen signals also play a role in contributing to the cryptorchid phenotype in LHR null animals...
- Barry R Zirkin; Fiscal Year: 2015..test the hypothesis that in response to increased oxidative stress, there is defective coupling of LH receptors (LHR) to Gs proteins, resulting in reduced cAMP in response to LH stimulation...
- John H Nilson; Fiscal Year: 2014..growth factor (Vegf), inhibin-a (officially Inha), luteinizing hormone/choriogonadotropin receptor (officially Lhcgr), and protein kinase A regulatory subunit RIIb (officially Prkar2b)...
- INTERACTION AND ACTIVATION OF THE LH RECEPTORTAE JI; Fiscal Year: 2005Luteinizing hormone(LH) and human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) bind to the same receptor (LHR). These hormones and LHR play crucial roles in reproduction, women's health and some ovarian and prostate cancers...
- CONSEQUENCES OF MALE LH RECEPTOR GENE KNOCKOUTZhenmin Lei; Fiscal Year: 2002..Targeting deletion of the LHR gene at the promoter to exon one region completely inactivated the gene, which resulted in no detectable LHR in the ..
- FSH-STIMULATED SIGNALS THAT REGULATE FOLLICULAR MATURATIONJohn H Nilson; Fiscal Year: 2013..a pool of PKA to a multi-enzyme complex that directs activation of PI-3K;that induction of FSH target genes like Lhcgr requires activation of beta-catenin;and that the PI-3K pathway target FOXO1 regulates a network of direct target ..
- Function of MAP2D in Granulosa CellsMary Hunzicker Dunn; Fiscal Year: 2009..genes whose regulation by FSH in PA versus LH in PO cells is opposite, such as inhibin-alpha, aromatase, and LHR. The specificity of PKA action is thought to occur by the targeting of PKA and its substrates to specific cellular ..
- The Inositol Phosphate Cascade as a Regulator of FSH and LH actions in the OvaryShawn M Breen; Fiscal Year: 2012..Involvement of LHR to stimulate the inositol phosphate cascade as an inhibitor of aromatase expression has been reported only using ..
- OVARIAN HORMONE REGULATION OF LHRH BIOSYNTHESISSandra L Petersen; Fiscal Year: 2010..The specific aims of this proposal are: 1) To verify that GABA/glutamate neurons communicate directly with LHR neurons we will use anterograde and retrograde tracing and immunocytochemistry in rats and mice;2) We will use ..
- The Role of the Aryl Hy drocarbon Receptor in the OvaryJodi A Flaws; Fiscal Year: 2010..estradiol synthesis and follicular growth in AhRKO mice and 4) the AhR interacts with the promoters of FSHR, LHR, ERa, ER? and selected steroidogenic enzymes...
- Human Choriogonadotropin Signaling in Cell ProliferationMICHAEL HUDECKI; Fiscal Year: 2003..signaling when they interact with their respective receptors in signaling in a rat SIGC-hCG/; lutropin receptor (LHR) and SIGC-epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR)...
- Structural Biology of G-Protein Coupled ReceptorsWayne A Hendrickson; Fiscal Year: 2011..for serotonin (5-hydroxytryptamine (5HT) notably receptor 5HT2c;the human glycoprotein hormone receptors, FSHR and LHR;and human chemokine receptors that are co-opted by HIV, CCR5 and CXCR4...
- Daniel A Barbash; Fiscal Year: 2016..This proposal is based on the previous identification of two genes, Hmr and Lhr, which interact to cause hybrid lethality between the fruit fly species Drosophila melanogaster and Drosophila ..
- Albert M Lai; Fiscal Year: 2015..fusion approach to integrate structured and unstructured information to generate a longitudinal health record (LHR) for accelerating the pace at which patients can be recruited into clinical trials...
- EXPERIMENTAL AUTOIMMUNE GRAVES' DISEASEBellur Prabhakar; Fiscal Year: 2003..Such a model would facilitate a thorough understanding of the regulation of the immune response to TSHR with implications for the development of novel therapeutics. ..
- Characterization of Hematopoietic Stem CellsAbba Zubair; Fiscal Year: 2007..were significant predictors of early engraftment but did not predict for long-term hematopoietic reconstitution (LHR)...
- EPIGENETIC EFFECT OF METHOXYCHLOR ON OVARIAN DEVELOPMENTMehmet Uzumcu; Fiscal Year: 2007..DNA methylation and critical gene expression (e.g., StAR, P450scc, LHR) for adult ovarian function will be examined...
- Genes, OP Pesticides, and Reproductive HealthScott Venners; Fiscal Year: 2007..of organophosphate pesticide and endocrine function including: CYP3A4, PON1, PON2, PON3, GSTM1, BCHE, ESR1, GnRHR LHCGR, and FSHR. Dr...
- Behavioral Methodology Facilitating Ethanol RewardChristine Duvauchelle; Fiscal Year: 2002..Self-administered IV EtOH intake (0.5-2.0 g/kg/lhr) corresponded with blood alcohol levels (BAL) of approx. 44-221 mg/dL...
- Binding Determinants of Glycoprotein Hormone ReceptorsJ PUETT; Fiscal Year: 2008..Moreover, these data may yield a better understanding of the etiology of different pathological states known for some GpH-GpHR pairs. ..
- HCG-LH/CG Receptor Binding and ActivationJ PUETT; Fiscal Year: 2007..the heterodimeric glycoprotein hormone, human choriogonadotroin (hCG), to the lutropin/choriogonadotropin receptor (LHR), a member of the G protein-coupled receptor superfamily; (b) the mechanisms of ligand-dependent and ligand-..
- Gonadotropin Receptor Dimerization/OligomerizationDeborah Segaloff; Fiscal Year: 2008The LH receptor (LHR) and FSH receptor (FSHR), collectively termed the gonadotropin receptors, are GPCRs that play a pivotal role in reproductive physiology...
- Imaging Cell Signaling Events During Luteinizing Hormone PulsesDEBORAH ROESS; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MEMBRANE EVENTS FOLLOWING HORMONE BINDING TO LH RECEPTORDEBORAH ROESS; Fiscal Year: 2005..Colin Clay, a member of the Animal Reproduction and Biotechnology Laboratory, and of Dr. Michael Tamkun, a neurobiologist at Colorado State University. ..
- LH Receptor C-terminus in Receptor DesensitizationDEBORAH ROESS; Fiscal Year: 2003..Although she will develop and utilize several state-of-the- art biophysical approaches to study G-protein receptor function, this project is, nonetheless, of somewhat limited scope and likely to be completed within two years. ..
- STRUCTURE AND FUNCTION OF THE LH AND FSH RECEPTORSDeborah Segaloff; Fiscal Year: 2002The lutropin/choriogonadotropin receptor (LHR) and follitropin receptor (FSHR), collectively termed the gonadotropin receptors, are members of the superfamily of G protein-coupled receptors (GPCRs)...
- REGULATION OF FOLLITROPIN ACTIONSMario Ascoli; Fiscal Year: 2009..The LH and FSH receptors (LHR and FSHR, respectively) are both expressed in granulosa cells but in spite of structural and functional ..
- 17 alpha-Hydroxylase Expression in Human Ovarian CellsJan M McAllister; Fiscal Year: 2010..Results of these studies will provide both new insights regarding the cause and molecular basis for increased ovarian androgen production, and lead to the development of new targets for treatment of women with PCOS. ..
- The Lymphatic System in the Primate corpus LuteumFuhua Xu; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- LH RECEPTOR MUTATIONS--STRUCTURE, FUNCTION, & DISEASEAndrew Shenker; Fiscal Year: 2001The lutropin/choriogonadotropin receptor (LHR), a member of the G protein-coupled receptor family, plays a key role in reproductive human physiology...
- Exercise, amenorrhea, stress & bone health in adolescentJOSEPHINE KASA VUBU; Fiscal Year: 2007..Our goal will be to identify early markers of declining gonadotropin function and bone health in postpubertal young women as they improve cardiovascular capacity ..
- Constitutively active LH receptors in transgenic micePrema Narayan; Fiscal Year: 2007..to understand the reproductive consequences of expression of constitutively active luteinizing hormone receptors (LHR)...