Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: LGI1
Description: leucine rich glioma inactivated 1
Alias: ADLTE, ADPAEF, ADPEAF, EPITEMPIN, EPT, ETL1, IB1099, leucine-rich glioma-inactivated protein 1, epitempin-1
Publications175 found, 100 shown here
- A novel gene, LGI1, from 10q24 is rearranged and downregulated in malignant brain tumorsO B Chernova
Department of Neurosciences NC30, The Lerner Research Institute, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Ohio 44195, USA
Oncogene 17:2873-81. 1998..We have used a positional cloning strategy to isolate a novel gene, LGI1 (Leucine-rich gene-Glioma Inactivated), which is rearranged as a result of the t(10;19)(q24;q13) balanced ..
- Enhancing the effectiveness of drug-based cancer therapy by electroporation (electropermeabilization)Dietmar P Rabussay
Genetronics, Inc, 11199 Sorrento Valley Road, San Diego CA 92121, USA
Technol Cancer Res Treat 1:71-82. 2002..Within 24-48 hours, the majority of tumor cells are rapidly destroyed by this bleomycin-electroporation therapy (B-EPT). This raises the concern that healthy tissue may be similarly affected...
- Familial mesial temporal lobe epilepsy (FMTLE) : a clinical and genetic study of 15 Italian familiesPasquale Striano
Epilepsy Center, Department of Neurological Sciences Federico II University, Via Pansini 5, 80131, Napoli, Italy
J Neurol 255:16-23. 2008..The genetics of this condition is largely unknown.We present the electroclinical and genetic findings of 15 MTLE Italian families...
- Predicting the outcome of oral food challenges with hen's egg through skin test end-point titrationS Tripodi
Paediatric Allergology Unit, Sandro Pertini Hospital, Rome, Italy
Clin Exp Allergy 39:1225-33. 2009..Oral food challenge (OFC) is the diagnostic 'gold standard' of food allergies but it is laborious and time consuming. Attempts to predict a positive OFC through specific IgE assays or conventional skin tests so far gave suboptimal results...
- Localization of a gene for partial epilepsy to chromosome 10qR Ottman
G H Sergievsky Center, School of Public Health, Columbia University, New York, New York 10032, USA
Nat Genet 10:56-60. 1995..83 at theta = 0.0. Key recombinants place the susceptibility locus within a 10 centimorgan interval...
- Mutations in LGI1 cause autosomal-dominant partial epilepsy with auditory featuresSergey Kalachikov
Columbia Genome Center, Columbia University, 630 W 168 Street, P and S Box 16, New York, New York 10032, USA
Nat Genet 30:335-41. 2002..we describe identification of the causative gene in autosomal-dominant partial epilepsy with auditory features (ADPEAF, MIM 600512), a rare form of idiopathic lateral temporal lobe epilepsy characterized by partial seizures with ..
- Mutations in the LGI1/Epitempin gene on 10q24 cause autosomal dominant lateral temporal epilepsyJosé M Morante-Redolat
Unitat de Genetica Molecular, Institut de Biomedicina de València CSIC, Jaume Roig 11, E 46010 Valencia, Spain
Hum Mol Genet 11:1119-28. 2002..Here we show that mutations in the LGI1 gene segregate with EPT in two families affected by this disorder...
- A common protein interaction domain links two recently identified epilepsy genesHartmut Scheel
Bioinformatics Group, MEMOREC Stoffel GmbH, Stöckheimer Weg 1, D 50829 Köln, Germany
Hum Mol Genet 11:1757-62. 2002..epilepsy, and the LGI1 gene, which is mutated in autosomal dominant partial epilepsy with auditory features (ADPEAF)...
- LGI1 is mutated in familial temporal lobe epilepsy characterized by aphasic seizuresWenli Gu
Institute of Human Genetics, University Hospital Bonn, Bonn, Germany
Ann Neurol 52:364-7. 2002..lateral temporal lobe epilepsy previously has been linked to chromosome 10q22-q24, and recently mutations in the LGI1 gene (Leucine-rich gene, Glioma Inactivated) have been found in some autosomal dominant lateral temporal lobe ..
- Suppression of the cell proliferation and invasion phenotypes in glioma cells by the LGI1 genePadmaja Kunapuli
Department of Cancer Genetics, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, New York, NY 14263, USA
Oncogene 22:3985-91. 2003The leucine-rich, glioma-inactivated (LGI1) gene, located in 10q24, was originally identified because it was interrupted and inactivated by a reciprocal chromosome translocation in the T98G glioma cell line...
- LGI1 mutations in temporal lobe epilepsiesS F Berkovic
Epilepsy Research Institute and Department of Medicine, University of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Neurology 62:1115-9. 2004..have been found in a few families with the syndrome of autosomal dominant partial epilepsy with auditory features (ADPEAF)...
- LGI1 mutations in autosomal dominant partial epilepsy with auditory featuresR Ottman
Gertrude H Sergievsky Center, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
Neurology 62:1120-6. 2004S: Mutations in LGI1 cause autosomal dominant partial epilepsy with auditory features (ADPEAF), a form of familial temporal lobe epilepsy with auditory ictal manifestations...
- Epilepsy-related ligand/receptor complex LGI1 and ADAM22 regulate synaptic transmissionYuko Fukata
Laboratory of Genomics and Proteomics, National Institute for Longevity Sciences, National Center for Geriatrics and Gerontology, Obu, Aichi 474 8522, Japan
Science 313:1792-5. 2006..However, one form of epilepsy, autosomal dominant partial epilepsy with auditory features (ADPEAF), is characterized by mutations in a secreted neuronal protein, LGI1...
- The epilepsy gene LGI1 encodes a secreted glycoprotein that binds to the cell surfaceMaría Salomé Sirerol-Piquer
Unitat de Genetica Molecular, Departament de Genòmica i Proteòmica, Institut de Biomedicina de València CSIC, Spain
Hum Mol Genet 15:3436-45. 2006..b>ADLTE-related mutants of the long form are defective for secretion and are retained in the endoplasmic reticulum and ..
- Two novel epilepsy-linked mutations leading to a loss of function of LGI1Elodie Chabrol
INSERM UMR 679, Neurologie and Thérapeutique Expérimentale, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, Faculte de Medecine, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital de la Pitie Salpetriere, 47 Boulevard de l Hopital, 75013 Paris, France
Arch Neurol 64:217-22. 2007Mutations in the leucine-rich, glioma-inactivated 1 (LGI1) gene have been implicated in autosomal dominant lateral temporal epilepsy.
- A novel loss-of-function LGI1 mutation linked to autosomal dominant lateral temporal epilepsyPasquale Striano
Muscular and Neurodegenerative Diseases Unit, Institute G Gaslini, University of Genoa, Genoa, Italy
Arch Neurol 65:939-42. 2008Mutations responsible for autosomal dominant lateral temporal epilepsy have been found in the leucine-rich, glioma-inactivated 1 (LGI1) gene.
- LGI1 mutations in autosomal dominant and sporadic lateral temporal epilepsyCarlo Nobile
Istituto di Neuroscienze del CNR, Sezione di Padova, Dipartimento di Scienze Biomediche Sperimentali, Universita di Padova, Padova, Italy
Hum Mutat 30:530-6. 2009Autosomal dominant lateral temporal epilepsy (ADLTE) or autosomal dominant partial epilepsy with auditory features (ADPEAF) is an inherited epileptic syndrome with onset in childhood/adolescence and benign evolution...
- LGI1-associated epilepsy through altered ADAM23-dependent neuronal morphologyKatherine Owuor
Program in Cellular Neuroscience, Neurodegeneration and Repair, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06510, USA
Mol Cell Neurosci 42:448-57. 2009..ADAM11, nor some forms of ADAM22, contain PDZ-interacting sequences, suggesting PSD-95-independent mechanisms in ADPEAF. Because ADAMs modulate integrins, we examined LGI1 effect on neurite outgrowth...
- The novel EPTP repeat defines a superfamily of proteins implicated in epileptic disordersEike Staub
metaGen Pharmaceuticals GmbH, Oudenarder Strasse 16, D 13347 Berlin, Germany
Trends Biochem Sci 27:441-4. 2002Recent studies suggest that mutations in the LGI1/Epitempin gene cause autosomal dominant lateral temporal epilepsy. This gene encodes a protein of unknown function, which we postulate is secreted...
- LGI1, a putative tumor metastasis suppressor gene, controls in vitro invasiveness and expression of matrix metalloproteinases in glioma cells through the ERK1/2 pathwayPadmaja Kunapuli
Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Department of Cancer Genetics, Buffalo, New York 14163, USA
J Biol Chem 279:23151-7. 2004..Progressive loss of LGI1 expression has been associated with the development of high grade gliomas...
- [Etiology of epilepsy in adolescents]J M Prats
, Hospital de Cruces, Barakaldo, Vizcaya,
Rev Neurol 28:32-5. 1999..The latter included the Lennox-Gastaut syndrome, West syndrome, polymorphic epilepsy, etc. The etiology of these patients and related literature are reviewed in order to study the proper nosologic location of these entities...
- [Prognostic value of data from clinical, EEG and neuroimaging assessment in epilepsy with complex partial seizures]V Bertol
, Hospital Miguel Servet, Zaragoza
Rev Neurol 24:964-8. 1996..9% and 73.7% more patient with hypersignal on long TR sequences in the group that did not decrease the frequency of their crisis to more than 50%...
- Biofilm formation is not required for early-phase transmission of Yersinia pestisSara M Vetter
Bacterial Diseases Branch, Division of Vector Borne Diseases, National Center for Enteric and Zoonotic Infectious Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 3150 Rampart Rd, Fort Collins, CO 80521, USA
Microbiology 156:2216-25. 2010Early-phase transmission (EPT) is a recently described model of plague transmission that explains the rapid spread of disease from flea to mammal host during an epizootic...
- Autosomal dominant lateral temporal epilepsy: clinical spectrum, new epitempin mutations, and genetic heterogeneity in seven European familiesRoberto Michelucci
Dipartimento di Neuroscienze, Divisione di Neurologia, Ospedale Bellaria e Università di Bologna, Bologna, Italy
Epilepsia 44:1289-97. 2003corrected] To describe the clinical and genetic findings of seven additional pedigrees with autosomal dominant lateral temporal epilepsy (ADLTE).
- Assessing mercury exposure and effects to American dippers in headwater streams near mining sitesCharles J Henny
USGS Forest and Rangeland Ecosystem Science Center, Corvallis, OR 97331, USA
Ecotoxicology 14:709-25. 2005..the larval/nymph form of three Orders of aquatic macroinvertebrates (Ephemeroptera, Plecoptera and Trichoptera = EPT) important in their diet from three major headwater tributaries of the upper Willamette River, Oregon in 2002...
- [Partial seizures during the course in patients with absence epilepsy]T Konishi
Department of Pediatrics, Toyama Medical and Pharmaceutical University
No To Hattatsu 31:395-401. 1999..Our results suggest that localized cortical areas, especially the frontal lobe, are commonly involved in absence epilepsy. More detailed clinical observation is necessary to understand the pathogenesis of absence epilepsy...
- Increased gallbladder trypsin in acute cholecystitis indicates functional disorder in the sphincter of oddi and could make EPT a logical procedureJozef Vracko
University Medical Center, Ljubljana, Slovenia
Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech 13:308-13. 2003..Such a study is underway to assess the possible role of obstruction at, or other disorders of, the sphincter of Oddi with consequent pancreatic juice reflux into the gallbladder as a possible initial cause of ACh...
- Membrane lipid biosynthesis in Chlamydomonas reinhardtii: ethanolaminephosphotransferase is capable of synthesizing both phosphatidylcholine and phosphatidylethanolamineWenyu Yang
Department of Biological Sciences, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge 70803, USA
Arch Biochem Biophys 430:198-209. 2004..A cDNA coding for diacylglycerol: CDP-ethanolamine ethanolaminephosphotransferase (EPT) was cloned from C. reinhardtii. The C...
- Crystal structure of UDP-N-acetylglucosamine enolpyruvyltransferase, the target of the antibiotic fosfomycinE Schonbrunn
Max Planck Unit for Structural Molecular Biology, Notkestr 85, c o DESY, D 22603 Hamburg, Germany
Structure 4:1065-75. 1996..One such enzyme is UDP-N-acetylglucosamine enolpyruvyltransferase (EPT) which catalyzes the first committed step in peptidoglycan biosynthesis: the transfer of the enolpyruvyl moiety of ..
- Chromogranins--new sensitive markers for neuroendocrine tumorsB Eriksson
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Biomedical Center, Uppsala, Sweden
Acta Oncol 28:325-9. 1989..of chromogranin A and chromogranin A + B by hormone-producing tumors in patients with endocrine pancreatic tumors (EPT), carcinoid tumors, pheochromocytomas and small cell lung cancer (SCLC)...
- A randomized study of low-dose conjugated estrogens on sexual function and quality of life in postmenopausal womenMichael J Gast
Wyeth Pharmaceuticals, Collegeville, PA, USA
Menopause 16:247-56. 2009To evaluate the effects of combined vaginal and oral low-dose estrogen plus progestogen therapy (EPT) on the frequency and severity of dyspareunia, sexual function, and quality of life in recently postmenopausal women.
- Nuclear DNA distribution in neuroendocrine gastroenteropancreatic tumors before and during treatmentB Eriksson
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Uppsala, Sweden
Acta Oncol 28:193-7. 1989..of tumor cells in 73 patients with endocrine gastrointestinal tumors, 19 patients with endocrine pancreatic tumors (EPT) and 54 patients with malignant carcinoid tumors were determined before and after treatment...
- Biaxial microincision versus coaxial small-incision cataract surgery in complicated casesSabine Kurz
Department of Ophthalmology, Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany
J Cataract Refract Surg 36:66-72. 2010....
- Papillitis and the postcholecystectomy syndromeE Thomas
Division of Gastroenterology, Veterans Administration Medical Center, Johnson City, TN 37684
J Natl Med Assoc 84:238-40. 1992..of papillitis may mimic that of papillary tumor and small distal common bile duct stone; endoscopic papillotomy (EPT) with biopsy may help clarify the diagnosis. In patients with delayed drainage, EPT may be therapeutic...
- Perceptual integration of intramuscular electrical stimulation in the focal and the referred pain area in healthy humansEva Kosek
Department of Surgical Sciences, Karolinska Institute Hospital, S 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
Pain 105:125-31. 2003..corresponding to the perception threshold to innocuous electrical stimulation, the electrical pain threshold (EPT), and pain intensity rated as 2/10, 4/10 and 6/10, respectively...
- Long-term historical analysis of benthic communities and physical habitat in an agricultural stream in California's San Joaquin River watershedLenwood W Hall
Agricultural Experiment Station, Wye Research and Education Center, University of Maryland, Queenstown, Maryland 21658, USA
J Environ Sci Health A Tox Hazard Subst Environ Eng 44:543-56. 2009..The metrics % predators, % EPT index, % collectors/filterers and % shredders were the benthic metrics that were most associated with the temporal ..
- Autophagy-dependent rhodopsin degradation prevents retinal degeneration in DrosophilaRyosuke Midorikawa
Research Group of Glycobiology and Glycotechnology, Mutant Flies Laboratory, Mitsubishi Kagaku Institute of Life Sciences, Machida 194 8511, Japan
J Neurosci 30:10703-19. 2010..Phosphatidylserine decarboxylase (Psd) and CDP-ethanolamine:diacylglycerol ethanolaminephosphotransferase (Ept)...
- The role of PET in localization of neuroendocrine and adrenocortical tumorsBarbro Eriksson
Department of Medical Sciences, Uppsala University PET Centre, University Hospital, S 751 85 Uppsala, Sweden
Ann N Y Acad Sci 970:159-69. 2002..Instead 5-HTP seems to be a universal tracer for EPT and foregut carcinoids...
- Outcome of simple use of mechanical lithotripsy of difficult common bile duct stonesWen Hsiung Chang
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, Mackay Memorial Hospital, Mackay Medicine, Nursing and Management College, Taipei, Taiwan
World J Gastroenterol 11:593-6. 2005..However, the equipment for these techniques are very expensive; hence we opted for the simple mechanical lithotripsy and evaluated its performance...
- Effects of collagen membranes enriched with in vitro-differentiated N1E-115 cells on rat sciatic nerve regeneration after end-to-end repairSandra Amado
Centro de Estudos de Ciência Animal CECA, Instituto de Ciências e Tecnologias Agrárias e Agro Alimentares ICETA, Universidade do Porto UP, Portugal
J Neuroeng Rehabil 7:7. 2010..Along the postoperative, motor and sensory functional recovery was evaluated using extensor postural thrust (EPT), withdrawal reflex latency (WRL) and ankle kinematics...
- Colonization pattern of coagulase-negative staphylococci in preterm neonates and the relation to bacteremiaM Bjorkqvist
Department of Pediatrics, Orebro University Hospital, Orebro, Sweden
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 29:1085-93. 2010Coagulase-negative staphylococci (CoNS) are the major cause of sepsis in extreme preterm (EPT) newborns, but data on the CoNS colonization in EPT newborns prior to invasive infection are limited...
- Studies employing Saccharomyces cerevisiae cpt1 and ept1 null mutants implicate the CPT1 gene in coordinate regulation of phospholipid biosynthesisS C Morash
Department of Molecular Cancer Biology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710
J Biol Chem 269:28769-76. 1994..in CPT1 derived choline-phosphotransferase activity correlated with transcript levels in both wild type and ept- backgrounds...
- [Characteristics and indications of topiramate]M Nieto-Barrera
Servicio de Neuropediatría Hospital Infantil Universitario Virgen del Rocio, Sevilla, Espana
Rev Neurol 35:S88-95. 2002..To do so, we have made use of an analysis of the literature, together with a multi centre study conducted in Spain and personal casuistry...
- [Choledochus revision in the age of endoscopic papillotomy. Indications and outcome]H Lauschke
Klinik und Poliklinik für Allgemein, Viszeral, Thorax und Gefasschirurgie, Universitat Bonn
Zentralbl Chir 126:364-8. 2001In the age of endoscopic papillotomy (EPT) the operative revision of the bile duct needs to be used stringently and interventional therapeutic options have to be considered primarily in the treatment of gallbladder and bile duct stone ..
- Genetic bases of estrogen-induced pituitary tumorigenesis: identification of genetic loci determining estrogen-induced pituitary growth in reciprocal crosses between the ACI and Copenhagen rat strainsTracy E Strecker
Eppley Institute for Research in Cancer, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, 68198, USA
Genetics 169:2189-97. 2005..These loci reside on chromosome 6 [Estrogen-induced pituitary tumor (Ept)1], chromosome 3 (Ept2 and Ept6), chromosome 10 (Ept9), and chromosome 1 (Ept10 and Ept13)...
- Rationale for using raloxifene to prevent both osteoporosis and breast cancer in postmenopausal womenWen Ling Lee
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Medicine, Chen Hsin Rehabilitation Center Taipei, Taiwan
Maturitas 60:92-107. 2008..In past decades, hormone therapy (HT), mainly estrogen plus progestin (EPT), has been frequently used for the purpose of preventing and treating postmenopausal osteoporosis because of its ..
- Inhibition of the renin-angiotensin system: effects on tachycardia-induced early electrical remodelling in rabbit atriumRoman Laszlo
Department of Cardiology, University of Tubingen, Germany
J Renin Angiotensin Aldosterone Syst 9:125-32. 2008..Effects of a seven-day enalapril pre-treatment (EPT, 0...
- Diclofenac prevents temporal increase of intraocular pressure after uneventful cataract surgery with longer operation timeMasahiko Shimura
Department of Ophthalmology, NTT East Japan Tohoku Hospital, Yamato machi, Wakabayashi, Sendai, Miyagi, Japan
Clin Ophthalmol 3:95-101. 2009....
- Trichothecene mycotoxins from Fusarium culmorum culturesN C Baldwin
Department of Pharmacy, University of Nottingham, UK
Z Naturforsch C 42:1043-9. 1987..with 3,15-diacetyldeoxynivalenol, deoxynivalenol, calonectrin, isotrichodermin and 12,13-epoxytrichothec-9-ene (EPT) as minor products...
- Escitalopram versus ethinyl estradiol and norethindrone acetate for symptomatic peri- and postmenopausal women: impact on depression, vasomotor symptoms, sleep, and quality of lifeClaudio N Soares
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioural Neurosciences, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Menopause 13:780-6. 2006To examine the efficacy and tolerability of escitalopram (ESCIT) compared to estrogen and progestogen therapy (EPT) for the treatment of symptomatic peri- and postmenopausal women.
- Separate myocardial ethanolamine phosphotransferase activities responsible for plasmenylethanolamine and phosphatidylethanolamine synthesisDavid A Ford
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, St Louis University Health Sciences Center, St Louis, MO 63104, USA
J Lipid Res 44:554-9. 2003Ethanolamine phosphotransferase (EPT) is a key enzyme responsible for the synthesis of ethanolamine glycerophospholipids. Plasmenylethanolamine is a predominant molecular subclass of ethanolamine glycerophospholipids in the heart...
- Functional and morphological assessment of a standardized rat sciatic nerve crush injury with a non-serrated clampArtur S P Varejao
Department of Veterinary Sciences, CETAV, University of Tras os Montes e Alto Douro, Vila Real, Portugal
J Neurotrauma 21:1652-70. 2004..Functional recovery was evaluated using the sciatic functional index (SFI), the extensor postural thrust (EPT) and the withdrawal reflex latency (WRL), before injury, and then at weekly intervals until week 8 postoperatively...
- Radiofrequency catheter ablation of Type 1 atrial flutter using a large-tip electrode catheter and high-power radiofrequency energy generatorGregory K Feld
Cardiac Electrophysiology Program, University of California San Diego, 200 West Arbor Drive, 8411, San Diego, CA 92103, USA
Expert Rev Med Devices 1:187-92. 2004..b>EPT-1000 XP cardiac ablation system. There were 169 patients, aged 61 +/- 12 years involved...
- Medroxyprogesterone acetate inhibits the cardioprotective effect of estrogen in experimental ischemia-reperfusion injuryHelen L Jeanes
Centre for Cardiovascular Science, University of Edinburgh, UK
Menopause 13:80-6. 2006Results from recent clinical trials of estrogen and progestogen therapy (EPT) suggest that some progestogens may interfere with the cardiovascular benefits of estrogen (E)...
- Activity patterns, blood lactate concentrations and ratings of perceived exertion during a professional singles tennis tournamentAlberto Mendez-Villanueva
Faculty of Physical Activity and Sport Sciences, Department of Didactics, University of Alcala, Madrid, Spain
Br J Sports Med 41:296-300; discussion 300. 2007..To examine the game characteristics and physiological (ie, blood lactate concentration) and perceptual (ie, rating of perceived exertion, RPE) responses during actual tennis competition in professional performers...
- A comparison of the activity profile and physiological demands between advanced and recreational veteran tennis playersJaime Fernandez-Fernandez
Tennis Performance Research Group, Spanish Tennis Federation RFET, Barcelona, Spain
J Strength Cond Res 23:604-10. 2009..149.8 +/- 8.4 bpm), duration of rallies (DR) (6.3 +/- 4.1 vs. 7.6 +/- 5.5 seconds), and effective playing time (EPT) (21.7 +/- 5.0 vs. 23.6 +/- 5.4%), HR (148.3 +/- 11.5 vs. 149.8 +/- 8.4 bpm), and energy expenditure (263.1 +/- 49...
- Seroprevalence of human immunodeficiency virus infection among tuberculosis patients in the Nylon district hospital tuberculosis treatment centreG E Sume
Delegation of Public Health, Littoral Province, P O Box 106, Douala, Cameroon
East Afr Med J 85:529-36. 2008....
- Device for cataract analysis: development and relevance to cataract surgeryNobuhiko Chikamoto
Department of Ophthalmology, Yamaguchi University Graduate School of Medicine, Ube City, Yamaguchi, Japan
J Cataract Refract Surg 36:58-65. 2010..To evaluate the relationship between World Health Organization (WHO) cataract grade determined with a new device and (1) preoperative visual acuity and (2) the difficulty of specific steps in cataract surgery...
- Kinetic evidence for pentachlorophenol-dependent growth of a dehalogenating population in a pentachlorophenol- and acetate-fed methanogenic cultureS L Stuart
Department of Civil, Construction, and Environmental Engineering, Apperson Hall 202, Oregon State University, Corvallis, Oregon 97331, USA
Biotechnol Bioeng 57:420-9. 1998..The potential at a platinum electrode, EPt, was not controlled externally, but was maintained constant at -0.25 +/- 0.002 V (vs...
- Assessing relationships between human land uses and the decline of native mussels, fish, and macroinvertebrates in the Clinch and Powell River watershed, USAJerome M Diamond
Tetra Tech, Owings Mills, Maryland 21117, USA
Environ Toxicol Chem 21:1147-55. 2002..Both the Ephemeroptera, Plecoptera, Trichoptera (EPT) family-level index, and the fish index of biotic integrity (IBI) were lowest in a subwatershed with the greatest ..
- Evaluation of variations in sensory and pain threshold assessments by electrocutaneous stimulationIrene Lund
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Physiother Theory Pract 21:81-92. 2005..stimulation, PainMatcher (PM), was used to assess the electrical sensory thresholds (EST) and pain thresholds (EPT) in healthy volunteers and in patients with pain...
- Feasibility of bimanual microincision phacoemulsification in hard cataractsA Assaf
Department of Ophthalmology, Ain Shams University, Nasr City, Cairo, Egypt
Eye (Lond) 21:807-11. 2007..The purpose of this work was to assess the feasibility of bimanual phacoemulsification in hard cataracts of N3+ using WhiteStar technology of Soveriegn (Advanced Medical Optics, Santa Ana, CA, USA)...
- Identification and characterization of human ethanolaminephosphotransferase1Yasuhiro Horibata
Neuronal Circuit Mechanisms Research Group, Brain Science Institute, RIKEN, Hirosawa 2 1, Wako Shi, Saitama 351 0198, Japan
J Lipid Res 48:503-8. 2007CDP-ethanolamine:diacylglycerol ethanolaminephosphotransferase (EPT) catalyzes the transfer of phosphoethanolamine from CDP-ethanolamine to diacylglycerol to produce phosphatidylethanolamine (PE)...
- Endocrine pancreatic tumors in von Hippel-Lindau disease: clinical, histological, and genetic featuresOlivier Corcos
Pôle des Maladies de l Appareil Digestif, AP HP, Hopital Beaujon, Clichy, Paris, France
Pancreas 37:85-93. 2008..We aimed to assess (1) the accuracy of somatostatin receptor scintigraphy, (2) histological features with focus on malignancy and genotype-phenotype correlations, and (3) prognosis of VHL-EPT.
- Development of the HLA proficiency testing for Central and East EuropeK Bogunia-Kubik
L Hirszfeld Institute of Immunology and Experimental Therapy, Polish Academy of Sciences, Wrocław, Poland
Int J Immunogenet 35:409-16. 2008In order to increase the reliability of histocompatibility testing, several external proficiency testing (EPT) schemes have been established within Europe...
- The sn-1,2-diacylglycerol ethanolaminephosphotransferase activity of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Isolation of mutants and cloning of the EPT1 geneR H Hjelmstad
Department of Biochemistry, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710
J Biol Chem 263:19748-57. 1988..to identify nine Saccharomyces cerevisiae mutants defective in in situ ethanolaminephosphotransferase activity (ept mutants). Genetic analysis revealed five complementation groups...
- A BAC library for the goldfish Carassius auratus auratus (Cyprinidae, Cypriniformes)Jing Luo
Lehrstuhl fur Zoologie und Evolutionsbiologie, Department of Biology, University of Konstanz, Konstanz, Germany
J Exp Zool B Mol Dev Evol 306:567-74. 2006..Preliminary screens with two genes were conducted with hybridizing probes to the genes RAG1 and lgi1. RAG1 is a single-copy gene in zebrafish and is duplicated in C. a. auratus...
- Estrogen-progestin therapy in women after stem cell transplant: our experience and literature reviewLibuse Tauchmanova
Department of Molecular and Clinical Endocrinology and Oncology, Federico II University of Naples, Italy
Menopause 14:320-30. 2007..Because of the likelihood of the need for long-lasting estrogen plus progestin therapy (EPT) and the increased risk of secondary neoplasia after SCT, the EPT should be as physiological as possible...
- Fusarium Tri4 encodes a key multifunctional cytochrome P450 monooxygenase for four consecutive oxygenation steps in trichothecene biosynthesisTakeshi Tokai
Plant and Microbial Metabolic Engineering Research Unit, Discovery Research Institute DRI, RIKEN, 2 1 Hirosawa, Wako, Saitama 351 0198, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 353:412-7. 2007..2), and a small amount of non-Fusarium trichothecene 12,13-epoxytrichothec-9-ene (EPT)...
- Evolution of an international external quality assurance model to support laboratory investigation of Streptococcus pneumoniae, developed for the SIREVA project in Latin America, from 1993 to 2005Marguerite Lovgren
National Centre for Streptococcus, Rm 1B3 26 WMC, Provincial Public Health Laboratory, 8440 112 St, Edmonton, T6G 2J2 Alberta, Canada
J Clin Microbiol 45:3184-90. 2007..by the National Centre for Streptococcus (NCS), Edmonton, Canada, and included external proficiency testing (EPT) and a validation process requiring regular submission of a sample of isolates from each laboratory to the NCS for ..
- Risk factors for recurrent bile duct stones after endoscopic papillotomyT Ando
First Department of Medicine, Chiba University School of Medicine, Chiba, Japan
Gut 52:116-21. 2003The long term outcome of endoscopic papillotomy (EPT) is not well known. The aims of this study were to clarify the clinical course of post-EPT patients and to detect predictors for bile duct stone recurrence.
- Postmenopausal estrogen and progestogen therapy and the risk of uterine leiomyomasSusan D Reed
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Washington Medical Center, Seattle, Washington 98104, USA
Menopause 11:214-22. 2004..We examined the risk of a first diagnosis of leiomyomas in peri- and postmenopausal women associated with prior use of estrogen and progestogen therapy (EPT).
- A quantitative tool for assessing the integrity of southern coastal California streamsPeter R Ode
Aquatic Bioassessment Laboratory, Water Pollution Control Laboratory, Department of Fish and Game, 2005 Nimbus Road, Rancho Cordova, California 95670, USA
Environ Manage 35:493-504. 2005..non-insect taxa, percent tolerant taxa, Coleoptera richness, predator richness, percent intolerant individuals, and EPT richness...
- Metformin counters the insulin-induced suppression of fatty acid oxidation and stimulation of triacylglycerol storage in rodent skeletal muscleCheryl A Collier
Dept of Human Health and Nutritional Sciences, Univ of Guelph, Guelph, ON, Canada
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 291:E182-9. 2006..acute effects of metformin on fatty acid (FA) metabolism in oxidative soleus (SOL) and glycolytic epitrochlearis (EPT) rodent muscle...
- Clitoral circulation in postmenopausal women with sexual dysfunction: a pilot randomized study with hormone therapyRossella E Nappi
Research Center for Reproductive Medicine, University of Pavia, Italy
Maturitas 55:288-95. 2006..Vaginal health and sexual function were also investigated...
- Average household exposure to newspaper coverage about the harmful effects of hormone therapy and population-based declines in hormone therapy useJennifer S Haas
Division of General Medicine and Primary Care, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02120 1613, USA
J Gen Intern Med 22:68-73. 2007The news media facilitated the rapid dissemination of the findings from the estrogen plus progestin therapy arm of the Women's Health Initiative (EPT-WHI).
- Training or EPT in perimenopause on balance and flushesIngrid Bergström
Center for Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes, Karolinska Institutet at Karolinska University Hospital, Huddinge, Stockholm, Sweden
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 86:467-72. 2007..balance function during the perimenopausal period, and evaluate the effect of estrogen plus progesterone therapy (EPT) or aerobic training on balance. Sixty perimenopausal women were recruited to the study...
- Changes in the serum levels of osteoprotegerin and soluble receptor activator for nuclear factor kappaB ligand after estrogen-progestogen therapy and their relationships with changes in bone mass in postmenopausal womenJung Gu Kim
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, College of Medicine, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea
Menopause 15:357-62. 2008..and soluble receptor activator for nuclear factor kappaB ligand (sRANKL) after estrogen plus progestogen therapy (EPT) and to determine their relationships with changes in bone mineral density (BMD) and bone turnover markers in ..
- Multi-frequency bioelectrical impedance analysis of skin rubor with two-electrode techniqueTomoka Uchiyama
Department of Human Environmental Sciences, Graduate School of Humanities and Sciences, Ochanomizu University, 2 1 1 Otsuka Bunkyou ku, Tokyo 112 8610, Japan
J Tissue Viability 17:110-4. 2008..Skin rubor, or reddish discoloration on skin, is a sign of irritation. Physiologically it involves temporary vasodilation and hyperaemia in tissue, and is diagnosed by the visible characteristics...
- Estrogens, progestins, and risk of breast cancerM C Pike
Department of Preventive Medicine, University of Southern California Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, 1441 Eastlake Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Ernst Schering Found Symp Proc . 2007..This suggests that the effects of menopausal estrogen therapy (ET) and menopausal estrogen-progestin therapy (EPT) on a woman's breast cancer risk will greatly depend on her body mass index (BMI; weight in kilograms/height in ..
- Somatic alterations in brain tumorsJill Barnholtz-Sloan
Case Comprehensive Cancer Center, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
Oncol Rep 20:203-10. 2008..Emerging evidence shows that mutations are involved in LGI1 in brain tumor progression...
- Reliability of cutaneous electrical perceptual threshold in the assessment of sensory perception in patients with spinal cord injuryNicolas K K King
Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Division of Neuroscience and Mental Health, Imperial College London, London, United Kingdom
J Neurotrauma 26:1061-8. 2009The electrical perceptual threshold (EPT) test complements the American Spinal Injury Association (ASIA) assessment of cutaneous sensory function by providing a quantitative assessment for each dermatome...
- Relationship between circulating tumor necrosis factor system and bone mass before and after estrogen plus progestogen therapyJung Gu Kim
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, College of Medicine, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea
Menopause 16:534-8. 2009The aim of his study was to investigate the relationship between the circulating tumor necrosis factor (TNF) system and bone mineral density (BMD) before and after estrogen plus progestogen therapy (EPT).
- [Assessing bioaccumulation and bioavailability of PAHs and OCPs in water using sediment, rare minnow and biomimetic sampler]Jian Ping Luo
State Key Laboratory of Environmental Aquatic Chemistry, Research Center for Eco Environmental Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100085, China
Huan Jing Ke Xue 30:610-5. 2009..rare minnow were lower about one order of magnitude than those (1-4) predicted by equilibrium partitioning theory (EPT). However, TSAFs of PAHs and OCPs for TECAM were almost consistent with the EPT...
- [Engineering and metabolic characteristics of a Clostridium tyrobutyricum strain]Guiqing Yang
Shenzhen Key Laboratory of Microbial Genetic Engineering, College of Life Sciences, Shenzhen University, Shenzhen, China
Sheng Wu Gong Cheng Xue Bao 26:170-6. 2010..tyrobutyricum. We fused these genes with pUC19 to construct nonreplicative integrated plasmids pUC19-EPT. Then we transformed pUC19-EPT into C. tyrobutyricum through electroporation...
- Expedited partner therapy: a robust interventionFrances Shiely
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, University College Cork, Ireland
Sex Transm Dis 37:602-7. 2010Expedited partner therapy (EPT) has been shown to reduce the risk of persistent or recurrent gonorrhea and chlamydial infection in heterosexuals, and to increase the proportion of sex partners receiving treatment...
- Endometrial cancer associated with various forms of postmenopausal hormone therapy: a case control studySusanna Jaakkola
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
Int J Cancer 128:1644-51. 2011This study evaluates the effect of different modes of estradiol-progestagen therapy (EPT) regimens on the postmenopausal endometrial cancer risk in Finland...
- Faciobrachial dystonic seizures precede Lgi1 antibody limbic encephalitisSarosh R Irani
Department of Clinical Neurology, Oxford University, Oxford, UK
Ann Neurol 69:892-900. 2011To describe a distinctive seizure semiology that closely associates with voltage-gated potassium channel (VGKC)-complex/Lgi1 antibodies and commonly precedes the onset of limbic encephalitis (LE).
- Morvan's syndrome associated with antibodies to multiple components of the voltage-gated potassium channel complexPanayiotis Loukaides
Limassol General Hospital, Limassol, Cyprus
J Neurol Sci 312:52-6. 2012..antigenic targets using immunohistochemistry and cell-based assays revealed that he had autoantibodies targeting Lgi1, Caspr2 and Contactin-2/Tag-1, all proteins known to be complexed with VGKC in peripheral nerves and CNS...
- LGI1 microdeletion in autosomal dominant lateral temporal epilepsyM Fanciulli
Porto Conte Ricerche, Alghero, Italy
Neurology 78:1299-303. 2012To characterize clinically and genetically a family with autosomal dominant lateral temporal epilepsy (ADLTE) negative to LGI1 exon sequencing test.
- ADAM23, a Gene Related to LGI1, Is Not Linked to Autosomal Dominant Lateral Temporal EpilepsyLaura Rigon
CNR Institute of Neurosciences, Section of Padua, Department of Experimental Biomedical Sciences, University of Padua, Viale G Colombo 3, 35121 Padova, Italy
Epilepsy Res Treat 2011:258365. 2011..Mutations responsible for ADLTE have been found in the LGI1 gene...
- Pharmacokinetics of peptide mediated delivery of anticancer drug ellipticineWeina Ma
Department of Pharmacy, No 3 People s Hospital Affiliated to Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, Shanghai, People s Republic of China
PLoS ONE 7:e43684. 2012..pairing peptide EAK16-II (EAK) has shown the ability to stabilize the hydrophobic anticancer agent ellipticine (EPT) in aqueous solution...
- Photoinduced proton-coupled electron transfer of hydrogen-bonded p-nitrophenylphenol-methylamine complex in solutionChaehyuk Ko
Department of Chemistry, 600 South Mathews Avenue, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Urbana, Illinois 61801, United States
J Phys Chem B 117:316-25. 2013Proton-coupled electron transfer can occur through concerted (electron-proton transfer, EPT) or sequential mechanisms, but this distinction becomes less well-defined for photoinduced reactions...
- fMRI: blood oxygen level-dependent activation during a working memory-selective attention task in children born extremely pretermSilja Torvik Griffiths
Department of Clinical Medicine, University of Bergen, Bergen, Norway
Pediatr Res 74:196-205. 2013Extremely preterm (EPT)/extremely low-birth-weight (ELBW) children attaining school age and adolescence often have problems with executive functions such as working memory and selective attention...
- Development of a benthic multimetric index for the Serra da Bocaina bioregion in Southeast BrazilD F Baptista
Laboratório de Avaliação e Promoção da Saúde Ambiental LAPSA, IOC FIOCRUZ, CEP 21045 900ManguinhosRJ, Brazil
Braz J Biol 73:573-83. 2013..valid to integrate the MISB: Family Richness, Trichoptera Richness, % Coleoptera, % Diptera, IBE-IOC index, EPT / Chironomidae ratio...
- Computational tests of quantum chemical models for excited and ionized states of molecules with phosphorus and sulfur atomsDavid K Hahn
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Auburn University, Auburn, Alabama 36849 5312, United States
J Phys Chem A 118:3514-24. 2014Time-dependent density functional theory (TD-DFT) and electron propagator theory (EPT) are used to calculate the electronic transition energies and ionization energies, respectively, of species containing phosphorus or sulfur...
- Visually determined stream mesohabitats influence benthic macroinvertebrate assessments in headwater streamsDéborah R O Silva
Departamento de Biologia Geral, Instituto de Ciencias Biologicas, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Av Antonio Carlos 6627, CP 486, CEP 30161 970, Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brazil
Environ Monit Assess 186:5479-88. 2014..abundance and presence-absence of all macroinvertebrate families and of Ephemeroptera, Plecoptera, and Trichoptera (EPT) genera. We systematically sampled a wide variety of mesohabitat arrangements as they occured in stream sites...
- Cell-surface central nervous system autoantibodies: clinical relevance and emerging paradigmsSarosh R Irani
Nuffield Department of Clinical Neurosciences, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford, United Kingdom Multiple Sclerosis and Neuroinflammation Center, Department of Neurology, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA
Ann Neurol 76:168-84. 2014..are directed against the extracellular domains of cell-surface-expressed neuronal or glial proteins such as LGI1, N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor, and aquaporin-4...
- Interaction proteomics of canonical Caspr2 (CNTNAP2) reveals the presence of two Caspr2 isoforms with overlapping interactomesNing Chen
Department of Molecular and Cellular Neurobiology, Center for Neurogenomics and Cognitive Research, Neuroscience Campus Amsterdam, VU University, De Boelelaan 1085, Amsterdam 1081 HV, The Netherlands Department of Functional Genomics, Center for Neurogenomics and Cognitive Research, Neuroscience Campus Amsterdam, VU University, De Boelelaan 1085, Amsterdam 1081 HV, The Netherlands
Biochim Biophys Acta 1854:827-33. 2015..which lacks most of the extracellular domains, however, is still associated with ADAM22 and to a lesser extent LGI1 and Kv1 channels...
- Use of cell-based assays in myasthenia gravis and other antibody-mediated diseasesP M Rodriguez Cruz
Nuffield Department of Clinical Neurosciences and Weatherall Institute of Molecular Medicine, University of Oxford, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford, UK
Exp Neurol 270:66-71. 2015..have been used in the routine detection of antibodies to proteins expressed on the surface of neurons (NMDAR, LGI1, CASPR2, AMPAR, GABA-A/B, GlyR, and DPPX) and glia (AQP4, MOG)...
- Josep O Dalmau; Fiscal Year: 2014..subunits of the AMPA receptor (AMPAR), the GABA(B1) receptor (GABA(B1)R), Leucine rich glioma inactivated 1 (LGI1) and Contactin associated protein 2 (Caspr2)...
- Eric Lancaster; Fiscal Year: 2016..antibodies previously attributed to potassium channels actually target two potassium channel associated proteins, LGI1 and CASPR2 (Lai et al., 2010;Lancaster et al., 2011)...
- Origin of Repeat Bacterial STIS Among Heterosexual MenPatricia J Kissinger; Fiscal Year: 2012..Aim 2: To conduct in-depth exploration of the origins of repeat Ct and/or Mg infections and explore adaptations of EPT and/or rescreening among heterosexual men...
- Tooth pulp as a source for neuronal precursor cells to study neurogenetic disordeLawrence T Reiter; Fiscal Year: 2013..Here we propose to use dental pulps from exfoliated primary teeth (EPT), as a source of stem cells for the study of a variety of neurogenetic syndromes...
- Ruth Ottman; Fiscal Year: 2015..lobe epilepsy initially described by our group, "autosomal dominant partial epilepsy with auditory features" (ADPEAF). Half of these families were previously found to have mutations in the LGI1 gene on chromosome 10...
- Repeated Bacterial STIS Among Heterosexual MenPatricia J Kissinger; Fiscal Year: 2010..For women, expedited partner treatment (EPT) and rescreening at 3 months has been recommended, but only EPT has been recommended for men citing lack of ..
- Expedited Partner Therapy and STI Control for MSM in PeruThomas J Coates; Fiscal Year: 2012DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Expedited Partner Therapy (EPT) has been shown to reduce rates of persistent or recurrent gonorrhea and chlamydia infection in heterosexual patients, but has not been evaluated for use among men who ..
- Bin He; Fiscal Year: 2014..R21 exploratory project is to explore and develop a novel magnetic resonance electrical property tomography (MR-EPT) technique for the quantitative prediction and proactive management of tissue heating in high-field MRI ..
- PETRA E WILDER-SMITH; Fiscal Year: 2015..negative predictive value of pulpal vitality that excees the values found with either an Electrical Pulp Tester (EPT) or thermal tests...
- Efficacy of Acupuncture with PT for Knee Osteo-ArthritisJohn Farrar; Fiscal Year: 2005..trial evidence of efficacy for the standard treatments of acetaminophen and NSAIDs, and exercise physical therapy (EPT), which is usually added when the patient develops functional limitations...
- ENZYME INTERMEDIATE STRUCTURES BY NMRMichael Smerdon; Fiscal Year: 2002..The project will be extended to include uridine diphosphate N-acetyl-glucosamine enolpyruvyl transferase (UDP-NAG EPT) and 3-deoxy-D-manno-2-octulosonate-8-phosphate (KD08P) synthase...
- Choline phosphotransferase-dependent phospholipid synthesis in TreponemaJ Fenno; Fiscal Year: 2009..In many eukaryotes, this enzyme also has 1,2-diacylglycerol ethanolamine phosphotransferase (EPT) activity required for phosphatidylethanolamine (PtdEtn) synthesis. In T...
- Signaling and Crosstalk by Airway Prostanoid ReceptorsDENNIS MCGRAW; Fiscal Year: 2006..In Specific Aim 2, we will determine whether the EPt receptor is a mediator of bronchoconstriction and AHR...
- A NOVEL ELECTROPORATION SYSTEM FOR GENE THERAPY WITH EPOMAIDA DE LAS ALAS; Fiscal Year: 2002..treatment-induced anemia in AIDS/HIV and chemotherapy patients using a proprietary TriGrid electroporation system (EPT)...
- ELECTROPORATION THERAPY OF HEPATOCELLULAR CARCINOMARobert Bernard; Fiscal Year: 2000Electroporation Therapy with Bleomycin (EPT-B) holds promise for the treatment of primary and secondary liver cancer. By applying brief electrical pulses to tissue, transient increases in cell membrane permeability can be induced...
- DNA DAMAGE AND REPAIR BY ANTITUMOR AGENTSWARREN ROSS; Fiscal Year: 1990..to topoisomerase II and DNA? The vpmR cell line is resistant to intercalating agents (1A) and epipodophyllotoxins (EPT) and bears a topoisomerase II which, upon purification, exhibits resistance to these agents as well...
- ELECTROPORATION THERAPY OF HEAD AND NECK CANCERRobert Bernard; Fiscal Year: 1999Electroporation Therapy (EPT) offers significant promise in the treatment of many solid tumors...
- Feasiblity Analysis of a Clinical Electroporation SystemRobert Bernard; Fiscal Year: 2003..project is the development of automated equipment suitable for the clinical application of Electroporation Therapy (EPT)...
- Purchase of Bruker Pulse EPT SpectrometerDavid Cafiso; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- New Broad-Acting Cell Wall Antibiotics for BiodefenseANIA KNAP; Fiscal Year: 2007..In Phase I, we will focus on a novel chemical series that potently inhibits UDP-GlcNAc enolpyruvyl transferase (EPT), an essential, broadly conserved, bacterial-specific enzyme catalyzing the first committed step in peptidoglycan ..
- Combination cytokine gene therapy for melanoma treatmentAlain Luxembourg; Fiscal Year: 2002..PROPOSED COMMERCIAL APPLICATIONS: Pilot studies of Ichor's Electroporation Therapy (EPT) suggest that it could provide an effective means of the delivery of plasmid DNA into tumor tissue...
- Broad Spectrum Agents Against Cat A Bacterial PathogensANIA KNAP; Fiscal Year: 2005..We will focus on a novel chemical series that potently inhibits UDP-GlcNAc enolpyruvyl transferase (EPT), an essential, broadly conserved, bacterial-specific enzyme catalyzing the first committed step in peptidoglycan ..
- Mammographic Density and Invasive Breast CancerEtta Pisano; Fiscal Year: 2006..confirmed previous epidemiologic data, which suggested that, combined hormone therapy with estrogen and progestin (EPT) increases risk of breast cancer...
- Molecular Analysis of Epilepsy PredispositionJohn Cowell; Fiscal Year: 2006..This is the LGI1 gene which was mutated in a small series of families showing linkage to chromosome region 10q24...
- GENETIC EPIDEMIOLOGY OF FAMILIAL EPILEPSYRuth Ottman; Fiscal Year: 2001..g., generalized epilepsy, localization-related epilepsy). ..
- GENETIC EPIDEMIOLOGY OF SEIZURE DISORDERS IN ROCHESTERRuth Ottman; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- GENETICS OF AD PARTIAL EPILEPSY WITH AUDITORY FEATURESRuth Ottman; Fiscal Year: 2007We propose to continue investigation of the genetics of autosomal dominant partial epilepsy with auditory features (ADPEAF), a form of idiopathic lateral temporal lobe epilepsy with auditory disturbances as a major focal seizure ..
- MATERNAL HEALTH STATUS AND ADVERSE BIRTH OUTCOMESJennifer Haas; Fiscal Year: 2002..Such interventions should begin from the premise that improved maternal and infant outcomes can only come from improved maternal health. ..
- Racial Segregation & Disparities in Cancer OutcomesJennifer Haas; Fiscal Year: 2007..The proposed study would provide empirical evidence that could give impetus to area-based interventions to reduce cancer disparities. ..
- Computerized EMR-Assisted Smoking Cessation (CEASCE)Jennifer Haas; Fiscal Year: 2007..Future Directions: Evaluate whether CEASCE can serve as a prototype for other common primary care problems that require counseling for behavior change. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY SOUTHWEST ONCOLOGY GROUP PROGRAMDaniel Petrylak; Fiscal Year: 2003..Based on substantial laboratory strength, we intend to integrate Columbia laboratory resources as core support for SWOG clinical studies. ..
- A community-level RCT of expedited partner treatment for gonorrhea and chlamydiaMatthew R Golden; Fiscal Year: 2010..Recent randomized controlled trials have demonstrated that expedited partner therapy (EPT), the practice of treating the sex partners of persons with curable STI without their mandatory prior examination ..
- A Pooled Analysis to Identify New Ovarian Cancer Risk FactorsCeleste Leigh Pearce; Fiscal Year: 2010..therapy (ET) use is clearly associated with increased risk of ovarian cancer, estrogen plus progestin therapy (EPT) is associated with a statistically significant lower risk than ET...
- CVD Predictors of Cognitive Function Trajectory over 20 YearsElizabeth L Barrett Connor; Fiscal Year: 2010..This information is important given the aging of the population, the fact that CVD risk factors are modifiable, and because the maintenance of cognitive function is an essential component of healthy aging. ..
- Steroid Hormone Genes and Ovarian Cancer RiskMary Anne Rossing; Fiscal Year: 2010..The proposed study, by expanding our knowledge of the role of progestogens, estrogens, and androgens in the development of ovarian cancer, will inform efforts to develop effective strategies to prevent this disease. ..
- GENETIC & ENVIRONMENTAL RISK FACTORS FOR BLADDER CANCERMalcolm Pike; Fiscal Year: 2009..The ultimate goal of this research is to assess individual bladder cancer risk for the purpose of preventive interventions. ..
- Use of Antidepressants and Risk of Breast CancerMARY ROSSING; Fiscal Year: 2003..g., SSRIs or tricyclics), and individual drugs such as fluoxetine and paroxetine. Use of the pharmacy database will provide unbiased and complete exposure data relative to previous studies based on self-reported drug use. ..
- Neurobiology of the Menopausal TransitionYolanda R Smith; Fiscal Year: 2010..A better understanding of the areas and sequence of brain processing changes will allow the health community to plan interventions which most effectively preserve cognitive and emotional health for women. ..
- GENDER DIFFERENCES IN OSTEOPOROSISElizabeth Barrett Connor; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- EPIDEMIOLOGY OF SMOKING CESSATION--GENETIC INFLUENCESMARY ROSSING; Fiscal Year: 2002..In the future, such knowledge may allow the identification of subgroups of individuals who are most likely to benefit from particular pharmacologic interventions. ..
- Endogenous/Exogenous Sex Hormones & CHD Risk FactorsElizabeth Barrett Connor; Fiscal Year: 2003..These observations may aid in deciding whether individual women should use HRT and, if so, which regimen would provide the most benefit with the least risk. ..
- PLASMALOGEN CATABOLISM DURING MYOCARDIAL ISCHEMIADavid Ford; Fiscal Year: 2003..Specific Aim 3 is to test the hypothesis that myocardial ischemia/reperfusion injury is mediated, in part, by plasmalogen degradation by reactive chlorinating species released from activated neutrophils. ..
- Evidence-based Principles of TreatmentFRANK PEARSON; Fiscal Year: 2007..g., with specific types of clients), and (2) the scientific strength and limitations of meta-analysis using current protocols and how this essential method can be improved. ..
- TSQ Quantum ESI-MS Surveyor BundleDavid Ford; Fiscal Year: 2004..This requested instrumentation will remedy this deficit in our otherwise well-equipped facility. ..
- Outcomes of Sleep Disorders in Older MenElizabeth Barrett Connor; Fiscal Year: 2007..We will also supplement the bank of MrOS specimens to allow for testing of future hypotheses concerning the role of sleep in the development of age-related diseases and conditions. ..
- Ovarian Cancer and Gonadotropin SignalingCELESTE PEARCE; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Cognitive Recovery after Traumatic Brain InjuryMaureen Schmitter Edgecombe; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Anatomic and Mechanical Variables of the EGJ in GERDJohn Pandolfino; Fiscal Year: 2006..These changes will improve diagnostic accuracy of pH monitoring and also help determine the relationship between anatomical and mechanical variants and acid reflux. ..
- HRT Decision Making in the Post-WHI EraKatherine Newton; Fiscal Year: 2006..This study will provide key information about HRT decision making, and experiences with HRT discontinuation, in an era of increased scientific clarity about HRT's risks and benefits. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- NEUROBIOLOGICAL EFFECT OF LONG-TERM ESTROGEN REPLACEMENTYolanda Smith; Fiscal Year: 2006..Comparison between groups will offer a greater understanding of the effect of hormone therapies on brain neurochemistry and cognition. ..
- Epidemiology of Ovarian Cancer:New HypothesesMARY ROSSING; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Hereditary spastic paraplegia linked to chromosomes 8qPeter Hedera; Fiscal Year: 2006..I will characterize the phenotype of transgenic animals. The study of a transgenic animal model will further enhance current state of knowledge about the pathophysiology of HSP and axonal degeneration. ..
- The Progesterone Receptor Gene and Ovarian Cancer RiskCELESTE PEARCE; Fiscal Year: 2005..We will also test our previous two case-control studies for any additional identified SNPs, including 326 cases and 493 controls (many of the SNPs have already been tested in these populations). ..
- ALTERNATIVE THERAPIES FOR MENOPAUSE: A RANDOMIZED TRIALKatherine Newton; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Immune Responses in Genital Chlamydia Prior to TherapyWILLIAM GEISLER; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Mammographic density, genes and estradiol/norethisterone based EPT regimensGiske Ursin; Fiscal Year: 2008..clinical trial and observational epidemiologic studies strongly show that combined estrogen and progestin therapy (EPT) is associated with breast cancer risk...