Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: LGI1
Description: leucine-rich, glioma inactivated 1
Alias: ADLTE, ADPAEF, ADPEAF, EPITEMPIN, EPT, ETL1, IB1099, epitempin-1, leucine-rich glioma-inactivated protein 1
Publications139 found, 100 shown here
- A novel gene, LGI1, from 10q24 is rearranged and downregulated in malignant brain tumorsO B Chernova
Department of Neurosciences NC30, The Lerner Research Institute, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Ohio 44195, USA
Oncogene 17:2873-81. 1998..We have used a positional cloning strategy to isolate a novel gene, LGI1 (Leucine-rich gene-Glioma Inactivated), which is rearranged as a result of the t(10;19)(q24;q13) balanced ..
- Enhancing the effectiveness of drug-based cancer therapy by electroporation (electropermeabilization)Dietmar P Rabussay
Genetronics, Inc, 11199 Sorrento Valley Road, San Diego CA 92121, USA
Technol Cancer Res Treat 1:71-82. 2002..Within 24-48 hours, the majority of tumor cells are rapidly destroyed by this bleomycin-electroporation therapy (B-EPT). This raises the concern that healthy tissue may be similarly affected...
- Familial mesial temporal lobe epilepsy (FMTLE) : a clinical and genetic study of 15 Italian familiesPasquale Striano
Epilepsy Center, Department of Neurological Sciences Federico II University, Via Pansini 5, 80131, Napoli, Italy
J Neurol 255:16-23. 2008..The genetics of this condition is largely unknown.We present the electroclinical and genetic findings of 15 MTLE Italian families...
- Predicting the outcome of oral food challenges with hen's egg through skin test end-point titrationS Tripodi
Paediatric Allergology Unit, Sandro Pertini Hospital, Rome, Italy
Clin Exp Allergy 39:1225-33. 2009..Oral food challenge (OFC) is the diagnostic 'gold standard' of food allergies but it is laborious and time consuming. Attempts to predict a positive OFC through specific IgE assays or conventional skin tests so far gave suboptimal results...
- [Influence of 3.0 mm incision coaxial phacoemulsification and microincision cataract surgery (MICS) on corneal thickness]Edward Wylegała
Z Zakładu Pielegniarstwa i Społecznych Problemów Medycznych Slaskiego Uniwersytetu Medycznego w Katowicach
Klin Oczna 111:207-11. 2009..To compare influence of two different cataract surgery methods on corneal thickness...
- Suppression of the cell proliferation and invasion phenotypes in glioma cells by the LGI1 genePadmaja Kunapuli
Department of Cancer Genetics, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, New York, NY 14263, USA
Oncogene 22:3985-91. 2003The leucine-rich, glioma-inactivated (LGI1) gene, located in 10q24, was originally identified because it was interrupted and inactivated by a reciprocal chromosome translocation in the T98G glioma cell line...
- LGI1 mutations in autosomal dominant and sporadic lateral temporal epilepsyCarlo Nobile
Istituto di Neuroscienze del CNR, Sezione di Padova, Dipartimento di Scienze Biomediche Sperimentali, Universita di Padova, Padova, Italy
Hum Mutat 30:530-6. 2009Autosomal dominant lateral temporal epilepsy (ADLTE) or autosomal dominant partial epilepsy with auditory features (ADPEAF) is an inherited epileptic syndrome with onset in childhood/adolescence and benign evolution...
- Mutations in LGI1 cause autosomal-dominant partial epilepsy with auditory featuresSergey Kalachikov
Columbia Genome Center, Columbia University, 630 W 168 Street, P and S Box 16, New York, New York 10032, USA
Nat Genet 30:335-41. 2002..we describe identification of the causative gene in autosomal-dominant partial epilepsy with auditory features (ADPEAF, MIM 600512), a rare form of idiopathic lateral temporal lobe epilepsy characterized by partial seizures with ..
- A common protein interaction domain links two recently identified epilepsy genesHartmut Scheel
Bioinformatics Group, MEMOREC Stoffel GmbH, Stöckheimer Weg 1, D 50829 Köln, Germany
Hum Mol Genet 11:1757-62. 2002..epilepsy, and the LGI1 gene, which is mutated in autosomal dominant partial epilepsy with auditory features (ADPEAF)...
- Epilepsy-related ligand/receptor complex LGI1 and ADAM22 regulate synaptic transmissionYuko Fukata
Laboratory of Genomics and Proteomics, National Institute for Longevity Sciences, National Center for Geriatrics and Gerontology, Obu, Aichi 474 8522, Japan
Science 313:1792-5. 2006..However, one form of epilepsy, autosomal dominant partial epilepsy with auditory features (ADPEAF), is characterized by mutations in a secreted neuronal protein, LGI1...
- Localization of a gene for partial epilepsy to chromosome 10qR Ottman
G H Sergievsky Center, School of Public Health, Columbia University, New York, New York 10032, USA
Nat Genet 10:56-60. 1995..83 at theta = 0.0. Key recombinants place the susceptibility locus within a 10 centimorgan interval...
- LGI1-associated epilepsy through altered ADAM23-dependent neuronal morphologyKatherine Owuor
Program in Cellular Neuroscience, Neurodegeneration and Repair, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06510, USA
Mol Cell Neurosci 42:448-57. 2009..ADAM11, nor some forms of ADAM22, contain PDZ-interacting sequences, suggesting PSD-95-independent mechanisms in ADPEAF. Because ADAMs modulate integrins, we examined LGI1 effect on neurite outgrowth...
- The epilepsy gene LGI1 encodes a secreted glycoprotein that binds to the cell surfaceMaría Salomé Sirerol-Piquer
Unitat de Genetica Molecular, Departament de Genòmica i Proteòmica, Institut de Biomedicina de València CSIC, Spain
Hum Mol Genet 15:3436-45. 2006..b>ADLTE-related mutants of the long form are defective for secretion and are retained in the endoplasmic reticulum and ..
- A novel loss-of-function LGI1 mutation linked to autosomal dominant lateral temporal epilepsyPasquale Striano
Muscular and Neurodegenerative Diseases Unit, Institute G Gaslini, University of Genoa, Genoa, Italy
Arch Neurol 65:939-42. 2008Mutations responsible for autosomal dominant lateral temporal epilepsy have been found in the leucine-rich, glioma-inactivated 1 (LGI1) gene.
- LGI1 mutations in temporal lobe epilepsiesS F Berkovic
Epilepsy Research Institute and Department of Medicine, University of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Neurology 62:1115-9. 2004..have been found in a few families with the syndrome of autosomal dominant partial epilepsy with auditory features (ADPEAF)...
- Two novel epilepsy-linked mutations leading to a loss of function of LGI1Elodie Chabrol
INSERM UMR 679, Neurologie and Thérapeutique Expérimentale, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, Faculte de Medecine, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital de la Pitie Salpetriere, 47 Boulevard de l Hopital, 75013 Paris, France
Arch Neurol 64:217-22. 2007Mutations in the leucine-rich, glioma-inactivated 1 (LGI1) gene have been implicated in autosomal dominant lateral temporal epilepsy.
- Mutations in the LGI1/Epitempin gene on 10q24 cause autosomal dominant lateral temporal epilepsyJosé M Morante-Redolat
Unitat de Genetica Molecular, Institut de Biomedicina de València CSIC, Jaume Roig 11, E 46010 Valencia, Spain
Hum Mol Genet 11:1119-28. 2002..Here we show that mutations in the LGI1 gene segregate with EPT in two families affected by this disorder...
- LGI1 is mutated in familial temporal lobe epilepsy characterized by aphasic seizuresWenli Gu
Institute of Human Genetics, University Hospital Bonn, Bonn, Germany
Ann Neurol 52:364-7. 2002..lateral temporal lobe epilepsy previously has been linked to chromosome 10q22-q24, and recently mutations in the LGI1 gene (Leucine-rich gene, Glioma Inactivated) have been found in some autosomal dominant lateral temporal lobe ..
- LGI1 mutations in autosomal dominant partial epilepsy with auditory featuresR Ottman
Gertrude H Sergievsky Center, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
Neurology 62:1120-6. 2004S: Mutations in LGI1 cause autosomal dominant partial epilepsy with auditory features (ADPEAF), a form of familial temporal lobe epilepsy with auditory ictal manifestations...
- The novel EPTP repeat defines a superfamily of proteins implicated in epileptic disordersEike Staub
metaGen Pharmaceuticals GmbH, Oudenarder Strasse 16, D 13347 Berlin, Germany
Trends Biochem Sci 27:441-4. 2002Recent studies suggest that mutations in the LGI1/Epitempin gene cause autosomal dominant lateral temporal epilepsy. This gene encodes a protein of unknown function, which we postulate is secreted...
- LGI1, a putative tumor metastasis suppressor gene, controls in vitro invasiveness and expression of matrix metalloproteinases in glioma cells through the ERK1/2 pathwayPadmaja Kunapuli
Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Department of Cancer Genetics, Buffalo, New York 14163, USA
J Biol Chem 279:23151-7. 2004..Progressive loss of LGI1 expression has been associated with the development of high grade gliomas...
- [Etiology of epilepsy in adolescents]J M Prats
, Hospital de Cruces, Barakaldo, Vizcaya,
Rev Neurol 28:32-5. 1999..The latter included the Lennox-Gastaut syndrome, West syndrome, polymorphic epilepsy, etc. The etiology of these patients and related literature are reviewed in order to study the proper nosologic location of these entities...
- [Prognostic value of data from clinical, EEG and neuroimaging assessment in epilepsy with complex partial seizures]V Bertol
, Hospital Miguel Servet, Zaragoza
Rev Neurol 24:964-8. 1996..9% and 73.7% more patient with hypersignal on long TR sequences in the group that did not decrease the frequency of their crisis to more than 50%...
- Biofilm formation is not required for early-phase transmission of Yersinia pestisSara M Vetter
Bacterial Diseases Branch, Division of Vector Borne Diseases, National Center for Enteric and Zoonotic Infectious Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 3150 Rampart Rd, Fort Collins, CO 80521, USA
Microbiology 156:2216-25. 2010Early-phase transmission (EPT) is a recently described model of plague transmission that explains the rapid spread of disease from flea to mammal host during an epizootic...
- [Engineering and metabolic characteristics of a Clostridium tyrobutyricum strain]Guiqing Yang
Shenzhen Key Laboratory of Microbial Genetic Engineering, College of Life Sciences, Shenzhen University, Shenzhen, China
Sheng Wu Gong Cheng Xue Bao 26:170-6. 2010..tyrobutyricum. We fused these genes with pUC19 to construct nonreplicative integrated plasmids pUC19-EPT. Then we transformed pUC19-EPT into C. tyrobutyricum through electroporation...
- Assessing mercury exposure and effects to American dippers in headwater streams near mining sitesCharles J Henny
USGS Forest and Rangeland Ecosystem Science Center, Corvallis, OR 97331, USA
Ecotoxicology 14:709-25. 2005..the larval/nymph form of three Orders of aquatic macroinvertebrates (Ephemeroptera, Plecoptera and Trichoptera = EPT) important in their diet from three major headwater tributaries of the upper Willamette River, Oregon in 2002...
- Autosomal dominant lateral temporal epilepsy: clinical spectrum, new epitempin mutations, and genetic heterogeneity in seven European familiesRoberto Michelucci
Dipartimento di Neuroscienze, Divisione di Neurologia, Ospedale Bellaria e Università di Bologna, Bologna, Italy
Epilepsia 44:1289-97. 2003corrected] To describe the clinical and genetic findings of seven additional pedigrees with autosomal dominant lateral temporal epilepsy (ADLTE).
- [Partial seizures during the course in patients with absence epilepsy]T Konishi
Department of Pediatrics, Toyama Medical and Pharmaceutical University
No To Hattatsu 31:395-401. 1999..Our results suggest that localized cortical areas, especially the frontal lobe, are commonly involved in absence epilepsy. More detailed clinical observation is necessary to understand the pathogenesis of absence epilepsy...
- Increased gallbladder trypsin in acute cholecystitis indicates functional disorder in the sphincter of oddi and could make EPT a logical procedureJozef Vracko
University Medical Center, Ljubljana, Slovenia
Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech 13:308-13. 2003..Such a study is underway to assess the possible role of obstruction at, or other disorders of, the sphincter of Oddi with consequent pancreatic juice reflux into the gallbladder as a possible initial cause of ACh...
- Membrane lipid biosynthesis in Chlamydomonas reinhardtii: ethanolaminephosphotransferase is capable of synthesizing both phosphatidylcholine and phosphatidylethanolamineWenyu Yang
Department of Biological Sciences, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge 70803, USA
Arch Biochem Biophys 430:198-209. 2004..A cDNA coding for diacylglycerol: CDP-ethanolamine ethanolaminephosphotransferase (EPT) was cloned from C. reinhardtii. The C...
- Crystal structure of UDP-N-acetylglucosamine enolpyruvyltransferase, the target of the antibiotic fosfomycinE Schonbrunn
Max Planck Unit for Structural Molecular Biology, Notkestr 85, c o DESY, D 22603 Hamburg, Germany
Structure 4:1065-75. 1996..One such enzyme is UDP-N-acetylglucosamine enolpyruvyltransferase (EPT) which catalyzes the first committed step in peptidoglycan biosynthesis: the transfer of the enolpyruvyl moiety of ..
- Chromogranins--new sensitive markers for neuroendocrine tumorsB Eriksson
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Biomedical Center, Uppsala, Sweden
Acta Oncol 28:325-9. 1989..of chromogranin A and chromogranin A + B by hormone-producing tumors in patients with endocrine pancreatic tumors (EPT), carcinoid tumors, pheochromocytomas and small cell lung cancer (SCLC)...
- A randomized study of low-dose conjugated estrogens on sexual function and quality of life in postmenopausal womenMichael J Gast
Wyeth Pharmaceuticals, Collegeville, PA, USA
Menopause 16:247-56. 2009To evaluate the effects of combined vaginal and oral low-dose estrogen plus progestogen therapy (EPT) on the frequency and severity of dyspareunia, sexual function, and quality of life in recently postmenopausal women.
- Nuclear DNA distribution in neuroendocrine gastroenteropancreatic tumors before and during treatmentB Eriksson
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Uppsala, Sweden
Acta Oncol 28:193-7. 1989..of tumor cells in 73 patients with endocrine gastrointestinal tumors, 19 patients with endocrine pancreatic tumors (EPT) and 54 patients with malignant carcinoid tumors were determined before and after treatment...
- Biaxial microincision versus coaxial small-incision cataract surgery in complicated casesSabine Kurz
Department of Ophthalmology, Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany
J Cataract Refract Surg 36:66-72. 2010....
- Papillitis and the postcholecystectomy syndromeE Thomas
Division of Gastroenterology, Veterans Administration Medical Center, Johnson City, TN 37684
J Natl Med Assoc 84:238-40. 1992..of papillitis may mimic that of papillary tumor and small distal common bile duct stone; endoscopic papillotomy (EPT) with biopsy may help clarify the diagnosis. In patients with delayed drainage, EPT may be therapeutic...
- Perceptual integration of intramuscular electrical stimulation in the focal and the referred pain area in healthy humansEva Kosek
Department of Surgical Sciences, Karolinska Institute Hospital, S 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
Pain 105:125-31. 2003..corresponding to the perception threshold to innocuous electrical stimulation, the electrical pain threshold (EPT), and pain intensity rated as 2/10, 4/10 and 6/10, respectively...
- Long-term historical analysis of benthic communities and physical habitat in an agricultural stream in California's San Joaquin River watershedLenwood W Hall
Agricultural Experiment Station, Wye Research and Education Center, University of Maryland, Queenstown, Maryland 21658, USA
J Environ Sci Health A Tox Hazard Subst Environ Eng 44:543-56. 2009..The metrics % predators, % EPT index, % collectors/filterers and % shredders were the benthic metrics that were most associated with the temporal ..
- Autophagy-dependent rhodopsin degradation prevents retinal degeneration in DrosophilaRyosuke Midorikawa
Research Group of Glycobiology and Glycotechnology, Mutant Flies Laboratory, Mitsubishi Kagaku Institute of Life Sciences, Machida 194 8511, Japan
J Neurosci 30:10703-19. 2010..Phosphatidylserine decarboxylase (Psd) and CDP-ethanolamine:diacylglycerol ethanolaminephosphotransferase (Ept)...
- Effects of collagen membranes enriched with in vitro-differentiated N1E-115 cells on rat sciatic nerve regeneration after end-to-end repairSandra Amado
Centro de Estudos de Ciência Animal CECA, Instituto de Ciências e Tecnologias Agrárias e Agro Alimentares ICETA, Universidade do Porto UP, Portugal
J Neuroeng Rehabil 7:7. 2010..Along the postoperative, motor and sensory functional recovery was evaluated using extensor postural thrust (EPT), withdrawal reflex latency (WRL) and ankle kinematics...
- Outcome of simple use of mechanical lithotripsy of difficult common bile duct stonesWen Hsiung Chang
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, Mackay Memorial Hospital, Mackay Medicine, Nursing and Management College, Taipei, Taiwan
World J Gastroenterol 11:593-6. 2005..However, the equipment for these techniques are very expensive; hence we opted for the simple mechanical lithotripsy and evaluated its performance...
- Colonization pattern of coagulase-negative staphylococci in preterm neonates and the relation to bacteremiaM Bjorkqvist
Department of Pediatrics, Orebro University Hospital, Orebro, Sweden
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 29:1085-93. 2010Coagulase-negative staphylococci (CoNS) are the major cause of sepsis in extreme preterm (EPT) newborns, but data on the CoNS colonization in EPT newborns prior to invasive infection are limited...
- The role of PET in localization of neuroendocrine and adrenocortical tumorsBarbro Eriksson
Department of Medical Sciences, Uppsala University PET Centre, University Hospital, S 751 85 Uppsala, Sweden
Ann N Y Acad Sci 970:159-69. 2002..Instead 5-HTP seems to be a universal tracer for EPT and foregut carcinoids...
- Studies employing Saccharomyces cerevisiae cpt1 and ept1 null mutants implicate the CPT1 gene in coordinate regulation of phospholipid biosynthesisS C Morash
Department of Molecular Cancer Biology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710
J Biol Chem 269:28769-76. 1994..in CPT1 derived choline-phosphotransferase activity correlated with transcript levels in both wild type and ept- backgrounds...
- [Characteristics and indications of topiramate]M Nieto-Barrera
Servicio de Neuropediatría Hospital Infantil Universitario Virgen del Rocio, Sevilla, Espana
Rev Neurol 35:S88-95. 2002..To do so, we have made use of an analysis of the literature, together with a multi centre study conducted in Spain and personal casuistry...
- [Choledochus revision in the age of endoscopic papillotomy. Indications and outcome]H Lauschke
Klinik und Poliklinik für Allgemein, Viszeral, Thorax und Gefasschirurgie, Universitat Bonn
Zentralbl Chir 126:364-8. 2001In the age of endoscopic papillotomy (EPT) the operative revision of the bile duct needs to be used stringently and interventional therapeutic options have to be considered primarily in the treatment of gallbladder and bile duct stone ..
- Genetic bases of estrogen-induced pituitary tumorigenesis: identification of genetic loci determining estrogen-induced pituitary growth in reciprocal crosses between the ACI and Copenhagen rat strainsTracy E Strecker
Eppley Institute for Research in Cancer, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, 68198, USA
Genetics 169:2189-97. 2005..These loci reside on chromosome 6 [Estrogen-induced pituitary tumor (Ept)1], chromosome 3 (Ept2 and Ept6), chromosome 10 (Ept9), and chromosome 1 (Ept10 and Ept13)...
- Rationale for using raloxifene to prevent both osteoporosis and breast cancer in postmenopausal womenWen Ling Lee
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Medicine, Chen Hsin Rehabilitation Center Taipei, Taiwan
Maturitas 60:92-107. 2008..In past decades, hormone therapy (HT), mainly estrogen plus progestin (EPT), has been frequently used for the purpose of preventing and treating postmenopausal osteoporosis because of its ..
- Inhibition of the renin-angiotensin system: effects on tachycardia-induced early electrical remodelling in rabbit atriumRoman Laszlo
Department of Cardiology, University of Tubingen, Germany
J Renin Angiotensin Aldosterone Syst 9:125-32. 2008..Effects of a seven-day enalapril pre-treatment (EPT, 0...
- Diclofenac prevents temporal increase of intraocular pressure after uneventful cataract surgery with longer operation timeMasahiko Shimura
Department of Ophthalmology, NTT East Japan Tohoku Hospital, Sendai, Japan
Clin Ophthalmol 3:95-101. 2009....
- Trichothecene mycotoxins from Fusarium culmorum culturesN C Baldwin
Department of Pharmacy, University of Nottingham, UK
Z Naturforsch C 42:1043-9. 1987..with 3,15-diacetyldeoxynivalenol, deoxynivalenol, calonectrin, isotrichodermin and 12,13-epoxytrichothec-9-ene (EPT) as minor products...
- Escitalopram versus ethinyl estradiol and norethindrone acetate for symptomatic peri- and postmenopausal women: impact on depression, vasomotor symptoms, sleep, and quality of lifeClaudio N Soares
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioural Neurosciences, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Menopause 13:780-6. 2006To examine the efficacy and tolerability of escitalopram (ESCIT) compared to estrogen and progestogen therapy (EPT) for the treatment of symptomatic peri- and postmenopausal women.
- Medroxyprogesterone acetate inhibits the cardioprotective effect of estrogen in experimental ischemia-reperfusion injuryHelen L Jeanes
Centre for Cardiovascular Science, University of Edinburgh, UK
Menopause 13:80-6. 2006Results from recent clinical trials of estrogen and progestogen therapy (EPT) suggest that some progestogens may interfere with the cardiovascular benefits of estrogen (E)...
- Separate myocardial ethanolamine phosphotransferase activities responsible for plasmenylethanolamine and phosphatidylethanolamine synthesisDavid A Ford
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, St Louis University Health Sciences Center, St Louis, MO 63104, USA
J Lipid Res 44:554-9. 2003Ethanolamine phosphotransferase (EPT) is a key enzyme responsible for the synthesis of ethanolamine glycerophospholipids. Plasmenylethanolamine is a predominant molecular subclass of ethanolamine glycerophospholipids in the heart...
- Radiofrequency catheter ablation of Type 1 atrial flutter using a large-tip electrode catheter and high-power radiofrequency energy generatorGregory K Feld
Cardiac Electrophysiology Program, University of California San Diego, 200 West Arbor Drive, 8411, San Diego, CA 92103, USA
Expert Rev Med Devices 1:187-92. 2004..b>EPT-1000 XP cardiac ablation system. There were 169 patients, aged 61 +/- 12 years involved...
- Seroprevalence of human immunodeficiency virus infection among tuberculosis patients in the Nylon district hospital tuberculosis treatment centreG E Sume
Delegation of Public Health, Littoral Province, P O Box 106, Douala, Cameroon
East Afr Med J 85:529-36. 2008....
- A comparison of the activity profile and physiological demands between advanced and recreational veteran tennis playersJaime Fernandez-Fernandez
Tennis Performance Research Group, Spanish Tennis Federation RFET, Barcelona, Spain
J Strength Cond Res 23:604-10. 2009..149.8 +/- 8.4 bpm), duration of rallies (DR) (6.3 +/- 4.1 vs. 7.6 +/- 5.5 seconds), and effective playing time (EPT) (21.7 +/- 5.0 vs. 23.6 +/- 5.4%), HR (148.3 +/- 11.5 vs. 149.8 +/- 8.4 bpm), and energy expenditure (263.1 +/- 49...
- Functional and morphological assessment of a standardized rat sciatic nerve crush injury with a non-serrated clampArtur S P Varejao
Department of Veterinary Sciences, CETAV, University of Tras os Montes e Alto Douro, Vila Real, Portugal
J Neurotrauma 21:1652-70. 2004..Functional recovery was evaluated using the sciatic functional index (SFI), the extensor postural thrust (EPT) and the withdrawal reflex latency (WRL), before injury, and then at weekly intervals until week 8 postoperatively...
- Device for cataract analysis: development and relevance to cataract surgeryNobuhiko Chikamoto
Department of Ophthalmology, Yamaguchi University Graduate School of Medicine, Ube City, Yamaguchi, Japan
J Cataract Refract Surg 36:58-65. 2010..To evaluate the relationship between World Health Organization (WHO) cataract grade determined with a new device and (1) preoperative visual acuity and (2) the difficulty of specific steps in cataract surgery...
- Activity patterns, blood lactate concentrations and ratings of perceived exertion during a professional singles tennis tournamentAlberto Mendez-Villanueva
Faculty of Physical Activity and Sport Sciences, Department of Didactics, University of Alcala, Madrid, Spain
Br J Sports Med 41:296-300; discussion 300. 2007..To examine the game characteristics and physiological (ie, blood lactate concentration) and perceptual (ie, rating of perceived exertion, RPE) responses during actual tennis competition in professional performers...
- Feasibility of bimanual microincision phacoemulsification in hard cataractsA Assaf
Department of Ophthalmology, Ain Shams University, Nasr City, Cairo, Egypt
Eye (Lond) 21:807-11. 2007..The purpose of this work was to assess the feasibility of bimanual phacoemulsification in hard cataracts of N3+ using WhiteStar technology of Soveriegn (Advanced Medical Optics, Santa Ana, CA, USA)...
- Identification and characterization of human ethanolaminephosphotransferase1Yasuhiro Horibata
Neuronal Circuit Mechanisms Research Group, Brain Science Institute, RIKEN, Hirosawa 2 1, Wako Shi, Saitama 351 0198, Japan
J Lipid Res 48:503-8. 2007CDP-ethanolamine:diacylglycerol ethanolaminephosphotransferase (EPT) catalyzes the transfer of phosphoethanolamine from CDP-ethanolamine to diacylglycerol to produce phosphatidylethanolamine (PE)...
- Evaluation of variations in sensory and pain threshold assessments by electrocutaneous stimulationIrene Lund
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Physiother Theory Pract 21:81-92. 2005..stimulation, PainMatcher (PM), was used to assess the electrical sensory thresholds (EST) and pain thresholds (EPT) in healthy volunteers and in patients with pain...
- Endocrine pancreatic tumors in von Hippel-Lindau disease: clinical, histological, and genetic featuresOlivier Corcos
Pôle des Maladies de l Appareil Digestif, AP HP, Hopital Beaujon, Clichy, Paris, France
Pancreas 37:85-93. 2008..We aimed to assess (1) the accuracy of somatostatin receptor scintigraphy, (2) histological features with focus on malignancy and genotype-phenotype correlations, and (3) prognosis of VHL-EPT.
- Kinetic evidence for pentachlorophenol-dependent growth of a dehalogenating population in a pentachlorophenol- and acetate-fed methanogenic cultureS L Stuart
Department of Civil, Construction, and Environmental Engineering, Apperson Hall 202, Oregon State University, Corvallis, Oregon 97331, USA
Biotechnol Bioeng 57:420-9. 1998..The potential at a platinum electrode, EPt, was not controlled externally, but was maintained constant at -0.25 +/- 0.002 V (vs...
- Assessing relationships between human land uses and the decline of native mussels, fish, and macroinvertebrates in the Clinch and Powell River watershed, USAJerome M Diamond
Tetra Tech, Owings Mills, Maryland 21117, USA
Environ Toxicol Chem 21:1147-55. 2002..Both the Ephemeroptera, Plecoptera, Trichoptera (EPT) family-level index, and the fish index of biotic integrity (IBI) were lowest in a subwatershed with the greatest ..
- Development of the HLA proficiency testing for Central and East EuropeK Bogunia-Kubik
L Hirszfeld Institute of Immunology and Experimental Therapy, Polish Academy of Sciences, Wrocław, Poland
Int J Immunogenet 35:409-16. 2008In order to increase the reliability of histocompatibility testing, several external proficiency testing (EPT) schemes have been established within Europe...
- Evolution of an international external quality assurance model to support laboratory investigation of Streptococcus pneumoniae, developed for the SIREVA project in Latin America, from 1993 to 2005Marguerite Lovgren
National Centre for Streptococcus, Rm 1B3 26 WMC, Provincial Public Health Laboratory, 8440 112 St, Edmonton, T6G 2J2 Alberta, Canada
J Clin Microbiol 45:3184-90. 2007..by the National Centre for Streptococcus (NCS), Edmonton, Canada, and included external proficiency testing (EPT) and a validation process requiring regular submission of a sample of isolates from each laboratory to the NCS for ..
- Fusarium Tri4 encodes a key multifunctional cytochrome P450 monooxygenase for four consecutive oxygenation steps in trichothecene biosynthesisTakeshi Tokai
Plant and Microbial Metabolic Engineering Research Unit, Discovery Research Institute DRI, RIKEN, 2 1 Hirosawa, Wako, Saitama 351 0198, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 353:412-7. 2007..2), and a small amount of non-Fusarium trichothecene 12,13-epoxytrichothec-9-ene (EPT)...
- Training or EPT in perimenopause on balance and flushesIngrid Bergström
Center for Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes, Karolinska Institutet at Karolinska University Hospital, Huddinge, Stockholm, Sweden
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 86:467-72. 2007..balance function during the perimenopausal period, and evaluate the effect of estrogen plus progesterone therapy (EPT) or aerobic training on balance. Sixty perimenopausal women were recruited to the study...
- A BAC library for the goldfish Carassius auratus auratus (Cyprinidae, Cypriniformes)Jing Luo
Lehrstuhl fur Zoologie und Evolutionsbiologie, Department of Biology, University of Konstanz, Konstanz, Germany
J Exp Zool B Mol Dev Evol 306:567-74. 2006..Preliminary screens with two genes were conducted with hybridizing probes to the genes RAG1 and lgi1. RAG1 is a single-copy gene in zebrafish and is duplicated in C. a. auratus...
- The sn-1,2-diacylglycerol ethanolaminephosphotransferase activity of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Isolation of mutants and cloning of the EPT1 geneR H Hjelmstad
Department of Biochemistry, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710
J Biol Chem 263:19748-57. 1988..to identify nine Saccharomyces cerevisiae mutants defective in in situ ethanolaminephosphotransferase activity (ept mutants). Genetic analysis revealed five complementation groups...
- Estrogen-progestin therapy in women after stem cell transplant: our experience and literature reviewLibuse Tauchmanova
Department of Molecular and Clinical Endocrinology and Oncology, Federico II University of Naples, Italy
Menopause 14:320-30. 2007..Because of the likelihood of the need for long-lasting estrogen plus progestin therapy (EPT) and the increased risk of secondary neoplasia after SCT, the EPT should be as physiological as possible...
- A case of smoldering anti-leucine-rich glioma-inactivated 1 (LGI1) antibody-associated limbic encephalitis with faciobrachial dystonic seizureYuriko Nakaoku
Department of Neurology, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine
Rinsho Shinkeigaku 53:706-11. 2013We report a 59-year-old right-handed woman with smoldering leucine-rich glioma-inactivated 1 (LGI1) antibody-associated limbic encephalitis (LE) following faciobrachial dystonic seizures...
- The role of mammographic density in evaluating changes in breast cancer riskMalcolm C Pike
USC Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Gynecol Endocrinol 21:1-5. 2005..Women's Health Initiative (WHI) study showed that postmenopausal continuous combined estrogen-progestogen therapy (EPT) significantly increases the risk of breast cancer, thus confirming the results from large epidemiological studies...
- Treatment of metastatic melanoma using electroporation therapy with bleomycin (electrochemotherapy)Christopher M Byrne
The Sydney Melanoma Unit, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Camperdown and Discipline of Surgery, The University of Sydney, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Melanoma Res 15:45-51. 2005Electroporation therapy (EPT) is a novel treatment modality that uses brief, high-intensity, pulsed electrical currents to enhance the uptake of chemotherapeutic agents, vaccines and genes into cells...
- Impervious surface area as a predictor of the effects of urbanization on stream insect communities in Maine, USAChandler C Morse
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Maine, Orono, Maine, USA
Environ Monit Assess 89:95-127. 2003..Streams draining catchments with PTIA < 6% had the highest levels of both total insect and EPT (Ephemeroptera + Plecoptera + Trichoptera) taxonomic richness...
- Hyperactive behavior in a family with autosomal dominant lateral temporal lobe epilepsy caused by a mutation in the LGI1/epitempin geneB Berghuis
SEIN, Epilepsy Institute in the Netherlands, Zwolle, The Netherlands
Epilepsy Behav 28:41-6. 2013Autosomal dominant lateral temporal lobe epilepsy (ADLTE) is characterized by focal seizures with auditory features or aphasia...
- Fostering federal and local disaster preparedness partnershipsLancer A Scott
Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
J S C Med Assoc 108:69-75. 2012..included (1) a regional database of care providers to identify optimal emergency preparedness training (EPT) distribution, (2) an EPT assessment survey to gauge current care provider disaster preparedness, and (3) a high-..
- Response of corneal hysteresis and central corneal thickness following clear corneal cataract surgeryArtemios Kandarakis
Ophthalmiatrion Eye Hospital of Athens, Athens, Greece
Acta Ophthalmol 90:526-9. 2012..To evaluate the effect of routine phacoemulsification in corneal viscoelastic properties determined by corneal hysteresis (CH) and central corneal thickness (CCT) and to explore the impact of phaco energy on the above parameters...
- Distal esophageal spasmSabine Roman
Digestive Physiology, Claude Bernard Lyon I University, Lyon, France
Dysphagia 27:115-23. 2012..With the introduction of high-resolution manometry and esophageal pressure topography (EPT) in clinical practice, rapidly propagated contractions are nonspecific of esophageal spasm...
- Expression of NgR1-antagonizing proteins decreases with aging and cognitive decline in rat hippocampusHeather D VanGuilder Starkey
Department of Pharmacology, Penn State University College of Medicine, 500 University Drive, R130, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Cell Mol Neurobiol 33:483-8. 2013..Recent studies have identified two novel endogenous NgR1 antagonists, LOTUS and LGI1, and an alternative co-receptor, ADAM22, which act to suppress NgR1 pathway signaling...
- Behavior disorders in extremely preterm/extremely low birth weight children in kindergartenMegan N Scott
Department of Pediatrics, Rainbow Babies and Children s Hospital, University Hospitals Case Medical Center, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
J Dev Behav Pediatr 33:202-13. 2012To examine the prevalence of behavior disorders in a 2001-2003 birth cohort of extremely preterm/extremely low birth weight (EPT/ELBW, <28 weeks gestational age or <1000 g) children in kindergarten.
- A rat model for LGI1-related epilepsiesStephanie Baulac
Inserm U975, CRicm, France
Hum Mol Genet 21:3546-57. 2012Mutations of the leucine-rich glioma-inactivated 1 (LGI1) gene cause an autosomal dominant partial epilepsy with auditory features also known as autosomal-dominant lateral temporal lobe epilepsy...
- Electroporation enhances therapeutic efficacy of anticancer drugs: treatment of human pancreatic tumor in animal modelG S Nanda
Genetronics, Inc, San Diego, CA 92121, USA
Anticancer Res 18:1361-6. 1998A new method of cancer treatment called electroporation therapy (EPT) which uses pulsed electric fields in combination with a chemotherapeutic agent is being developed to treat human pancreatic tumors...
- The effects of postmenopausal hormone therapy on serum estrogen, progesterone, and sex hormone-binding globulin levels in healthy postmenopausal womenKerstin L Edlefsen
Department of Laboratory Medicine, University of Washington Medical Center, Seattle, WA, USA
Menopause 17:622-9. 2010..of hormone therapy (HT) and between users of estrogen therapy (ET) and users of estrogen + progesterone therapy (EPT) may relate to differences in serum hormone concentrations between these populations...
- Electroporation therapy: a new approach for the treatment of head and neck cancerG A Hofmann
Genetronics, Inc, San Diego, CA 92121, USA
IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 46:752-9. 1999..The MedPulser, a new treatment system for local electroporation therapy (EPT) of head and neck tumors was developed and is described in this paper...
- Sexual conflict predicts morphology and behavior in two species of penduline titsRené E van Dijk
Department of Biology and Biochemistry, University of Bath, Claverton Down, Bath BA2 7AY, UK
BMC Evol Biol 10:107. 2010..two closely-related passerine birds with contrasting breeding systems: the Eurasian penduline tit Remiz pendulinus (EPT) exhibiting a highly polygamous breeding system with sexually antagonistic interests over parental care, and the ..
- Identification of the promoter, genomic structure, and mouse ortholog of LGI1R P Somerville
Center for Molecular Genetics NB20, The Lerner Research Institute, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, 9500 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Mamm Genome 11:622-7. 2000The human LGI1 gene is a leucine-rich, repeat-containing gene that was cloned from the t(10:19) breakpoint of the T98G glioblastoma cell line...
- Paroxetine increases brain-derived neurotrophic factor in postmenopausal womenAlessandra Cubeddu
Department of Reproductive Medicine and Child Development, Division of Gynaecology and Obstetrics, University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy
Menopause 17:338-43. 2010....
- Spectral karyotypic and comparative genomic analysis of the endocrine pancreatic tumor cell line BON-1Juan R Lopez
Department of Medical Sciences, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
Neuroendocrinology 91:131-41. 2010BON-1 is a human serotonin-producing endocrine pancreatic tumor (EPT) cell line, which has been used for various studies of tumorigenesis and treatment...
- The effect of transdermal testosterone on mammographic density in postmenopausal women not receiving systemic estrogen therapySusan R Davis
Women s Health Program, Department of Medicine, Central and Eastern Clinical School, Monash University, Alfred Hospital, Commercial Road, Prahran, Victoria 3181, Australia
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 94:4907-13. 2009..breast cancer risk and reduced diagnostic mammographic sensitivity and may be seen with estrogen/progestin therapy (EPT). The effects of testosterone therapy on mammographic density in postmenopausal women not on EPT are not known.
- Regional distribution of the leucine-rich glioma inactivated (LGI) gene family transcripts in the adult mouse brainVicente Herranz-Pérez
Unitat de Genetica Molecular, Institut de Biomedicina de València CSIC, Valencia, Spain CIBERNED
Brain Res 1307:177-94. 2010The leucine-rich glioma inactivated (LGI) gene subfamily contains four highly conserved members (LGI1, 2, 3 and 4), which have been described in human, mouse and other mammalians...
- An update of the medical treatment of malignant endocrine pancreatic tumorsB Eriksson
Medical Department, University Hospital, Uppsala, Sweden
Acta Oncol 32:203-8. 1993..octreotide and combinations of treatment modalities in patients with malignant endocrine pancreatic tumor (EPT)...
- Variations of common bile duct diameter after endoscopic sphincterotomyB Persson
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Karolinska Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Gastrointest Radiol 16:45-8. 1991..the common bile duct (CBD) and common hepatic duct (CHD) were measured before and after endoscopic sphincterotomy (EPT) in 100 patients. There was a significant reduction of the lumen diameter in both the CBD and CHD (p less than 0...
- Evaluation of depression risk in LGI1 mutation carriersGary A Heiman
Department of Genetics, Rutgers University, Piscataway, New Jersey, USA
Epilepsia 51:1685-90. 2010..this hypothesis by studying depressive symptoms in families with an identified genetic form of epilepsy: autosomal dominant partial epilepsy with auditory features caused by mutations in the leucine-rich, glioma inactivated 1 gene (LGI1).
- Concerted electron-proton transfer (EPT) in the oxidation of tryptophan with hydroxide as a baseChristopher J Gagliardi
Department of Chemistry, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 3290, USA
J Am Chem Soc 133:19594-7. 2011..have been used to explore the roles of proton-coupled electron transfer and concerted electron-proton transfer (EPT) in tryptophan oxidation...
- LGI2 truncation causes a remitting focal epilepsy in dogsEija H Seppala
Department of Veterinary Biosciences, Department of Medical Genetics, Research Programs Unit, Molecular Medicine, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
PLoS Genet 7:e1002194. 2011..3 where we identified a protein-truncating mutation in the Lgi2 gene, a homologue of the human epilepsy gene LGI1. We show that LGI2, like LGI1, is neuronally secreted and acts on metalloproteinase-lacking members of the ADAM ..
- Solid phase extraction of ultra traces mercury (II) using octadecyl silica membrane disks modified by 1,3-bis(2-ethoxyphenyl)triazene (EPT) ligand and determination by cold vapor atomic absorption spectrometryMohammad Kazem Rofouei
Faculty of Chemistry, Tarbiat Moallem University, Tehran, Iran
J Hazard Mater 192:1358-63. 2011..silica membrane disk was modified by the recently synthesized triazene ligand, 1,3-bis(2-ethoxyphenyl)triazene (EPT), and cold vapor atomic absorption spectrometry was used to determine the resultant preconcentrated Hg(II) ions...
- Quantitative conductivity and permittivity imaging of the human brain using electric properties tomographyTobias Voigt
Department of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology, Institute of Biomedical Engineering, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Karlsruhe, Germany
Magn Reson Med 66:456-66. 2011..In this study, a recently developed approach, called electric properties tomography (EPT) is adapted for and applied to in vivo imaging...
- Follow-up studies of very low birthweight children in SwedenPer Olof Gäddlin
Paediatric Clinic, Ryhov County Hospital, Jonkoping, Sweden
Acta Paediatr 100:940-9. 2011Follow-up studies are essential to our knowledge of outcome in very low birthweight (VLBW) or extremely preterm (EPT) infants because those children have a greater risk for developing neurosensory disabilities and behavioural and ..
- A Pooled Analysis to Identify New Ovarian Cancer Risk FactorsCeleste Leigh Pearce; Fiscal Year: 2010..therapy (ET) use is clearly associated with increased risk of ovarian cancer, estrogen plus progestin therapy (EPT) is associated with a statistically significant lower risk than ET...
- Efficacy of Acupuncture with PT for Knee Osteo-ArthritisJohn Farrar; Fiscal Year: 2005..trial evidence of efficacy for the standard treatments of acetaminophen and NSAIDs, and exercise physical therapy (EPT), which is usually added when the patient develops functional limitations...
- ENZYME INTERMEDIATE STRUCTURES BY NMRMichael Smerdon; Fiscal Year: 2002..The project will be extended to include uridine diphosphate N-acetyl-glucosamine enolpyruvyl transferase (UDP-NAG EPT) and 3-deoxy-D-manno-2-octulosonate-8-phosphate (KD08P) synthase...
- Choline phosphotransferase-dependent phospholipid synthesis in TreponemaJ Fenno; Fiscal Year: 2009..In many eukaryotes, this enzyme also has 1,2-diacylglycerol ethanolamine phosphotransferase (EPT) activity required for phosphatidylethanolamine (PtdEtn) synthesis. In T...
- Signaling and Crosstalk by Airway Prostanoid ReceptorsDENNIS MCGRAW; Fiscal Year: 2006..In Specific Aim 2, we will determine whether the EPt receptor is a mediator of bronchoconstriction and AHR...
- A NOVEL ELECTROPORATION SYSTEM FOR GENE THERAPY WITH EPOMAIDA DE LAS ALAS; Fiscal Year: 2002..treatment-induced anemia in AIDS/HIV and chemotherapy patients using a proprietary TriGrid electroporation system (EPT)...
- A community-level RCT of expedited partner treatment for gonorrhea and chlamydiaMatthew R Golden; Fiscal Year: 2010..Recent randomized controlled trials have demonstrated that expedited partner therapy (EPT), the practice of treating the sex partners of persons with curable STI without their mandatory prior examination ..
- ELECTROPORATION THERAPY OF HEPATOCELLULAR CARCINOMARobert Bernard; Fiscal Year: 2000Electroporation Therapy with Bleomycin (EPT-B) holds promise for the treatment of primary and secondary liver cancer. By applying brief electrical pulses to tissue, transient increases in cell membrane permeability can be induced...
- DNA DAMAGE AND REPAIR BY ANTITUMOR AGENTSWARREN ROSS; Fiscal Year: 1990..to topoisomerase II and DNA? The vpmR cell line is resistant to intercalating agents (1A) and epipodophyllotoxins (EPT) and bears a topoisomerase II which, upon purification, exhibits resistance to these agents as well...
- Feasiblity Analysis of a Clinical Electroporation SystemRobert Bernard; Fiscal Year: 2003..project is the development of automated equipment suitable for the clinical application of Electroporation Therapy (EPT)...
- ELECTROPORATION THERAPY OF HEAD AND NECK CANCERRobert Bernard; Fiscal Year: 1999Electroporation Therapy (EPT) offers significant promise in the treatment of many solid tumors...
- Purchase of Bruker Pulse EPT SpectrometerDavid Cafiso; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Broad Spectrum Agents Against Cat A Bacterial PathogensANIA KNAP; Fiscal Year: 2005..We will focus on a novel chemical series that potently inhibits UDP-GlcNAc enolpyruvyl transferase (EPT), an essential, broadly conserved, bacterial-specific enzyme catalyzing the first committed step in peptidoglycan ..
- Combination cytokine gene therapy for melanoma treatmentAlain Luxembourg; Fiscal Year: 2002..PROPOSED COMMERCIAL APPLICATIONS: Pilot studies of Ichor's Electroporation Therapy (EPT) suggest that it could provide an effective means of the delivery of plasmid DNA into tumor tissue...
- New Broad-Acting Cell Wall Antibiotics for BiodefenseANIA KNAP; Fiscal Year: 2007..In Phase I, we will focus on a novel chemical series that potently inhibits UDP-GlcNAc enolpyruvyl transferase (EPT), an essential, broadly conserved, bacterial-specific enzyme catalyzing the first committed step in peptidoglycan ..
- Mammographic Density and Invasive Breast CancerEtta Pisano; Fiscal Year: 2006..confirmed previous epidemiologic data, which suggested that, combined hormone therapy with estrogen and progestin (EPT) increases risk of breast cancer...
- Molecular Analysis of Epilepsy PredispositionJohn Cowell; Fiscal Year: 2006..This is the LGI1 gene which was mutated in a small series of families showing linkage to chromosome region 10q24...
- GENETICS OF AD PARTIAL EPILEPSY WITH AUDITORY FEATURESRuth Ottman; Fiscal Year: 2007We propose to continue investigation of the genetics of autosomal dominant partial epilepsy with auditory features (ADPEAF), a form of idiopathic lateral temporal lobe epilepsy with auditory disturbances as a major focal seizure ..
- Mammographic density, genes and estradiol/norethisterone based EPT regimensGiske Ursin; Fiscal Year: 2008..clinical trial and observational epidemiologic studies strongly show that combined estrogen and progestin therapy (EPT) is associated with breast cancer risk...