Genomes and Genes
leucine rich alpha 2 glycoprotein
Gene Symbol: leucine rich alpha 2 glycoprotein
Description: leucine rich alpha-2-glycoprotein 1
Alias: HMFT1766, LRG, leucine-rich alpha-2-glycoprotein, 1300008B03Rik, 2310031E04Rik, leucine rich alpha 2 glycoprotein
Publications153 found, 100 shown here
- Molecular characterization and expression analysis of leucine-rich alpha2-glycoprotein, a novel marker of granulocytic differentiationLynn C O'donnell
Bone Marrow Transplant Program, The Arthur G James Cancer Hospital and Richard J Solove Research Institute, The Ohio State University College of Medicine and Public Health, Columbus 43210, USA
J Leukoc Biol 72:478-85. 2002..Expression of LRG during differentiation of 32Dcl3G cells preceded the expression of lactoferrin and gelatinase but followed ..
- Serum leucine-rich alpha-2-glycoprotein-1 binds cytochrome c and inhibits antibody detection of this apoptotic marker in enzyme-linked immunosorbent assayChad Cummings
Department of Microbiology and Center for Immunology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Apoptosis 11:1121-9. 2006..This identification may lead to a modified ELISA to quantify total Cyt c in patients' sera. LRalpha2GP1 is the first extracellular ligand for Cyt c that has been identified. A physiological function associated with binding is suggested...
- Up-regulation of the expression of leucine-rich alpha(2)-glycoprotein in hepatocytes by the mediators of acute-phase responseRyoichi Shirai
Laboratory of Biochemistry, Osaka University of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Takatsuki, Osaka, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 382:776-9. 2009Leucine-rich alpha(2)-glycoprotein (LRG) is a plasma protein in which leucine-rich repeats (LRRs) were first discovered...
- Brain localization of leucine-rich α2-glycoprotein and its roleMadoka Nakajima
Department of Neurosurgery, Juntendo University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Acta Neurochir Suppl 113:97-101. 2012We have previously reported that the level of leucine-rich alpha-2-glycoprotein (LRG) expression is specifically increased in cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) of idiopathic normal pressure hydrocephalus (INPH)...
- Serum leucine-rich alpha-2 glycoprotein is a disease activity biomarker in ulcerative colitisSatoshi Serada
Laboratory for Immune Signal, National Institute of Biomedical Innovation, Osaka, Japan
Inflamm Bowel Dis 18:2169-79. 2012..This study aimed to investigate whether levels of serum leucine-rich alpha-2 glycoprotein (LRG), identified recently as a potential disease activity marker in Crohn's disease and rheumatoid arthritis, correlate ..
- Molecular networks discriminating mouse bladder responses to intravesical bacillus Calmette-Guerin (BCG), LPS, and TNF-alphaMarcia R Saban
College of Medicine, Department of Physiology, Oklahoma University Health Sciences Center OUHSC, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
BMC Immunol 9:4. 2008..In addition, the transcriptome was precipitated with an antibody against RNA polymerase II and real-time polymerase chain reaction assay (Q-PCR) was used to confirm some of the BCG-specific transcripts...
- Laparoscopic remnant gastrectomy as a novel approach for treatment of gastrogastric fistulaJayaraj Salimath
The Bariatric and Metabolic Institute, Section of Minimally Invasive and Endoscopic Surgery, Cleveland Clinic Florida, 2950 Cleveland Clinic Blvd, Weston, FL 33331, USA
Surg Endosc 23:2591-5. 2009..We have previously reported a GGF rate of 1.5% after divided RYGBP. Remnant gastrectomy has been advocated by our group as a treatment option for this complication. We report our initial experience using the laparoscopic approach...
- The IFN-γ-inducible GTPase, Irga6, protects mice against Toxoplasma gondii but not against Plasmodium berghei and some other intracellular pathogensOliver Liesenfeld
Institute of Microbiology and Hygiene, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
PLoS ONE 6:e20568. 2011..Experiments with mice genetically deficient in members of this family such as Irgm1(LRG-47), Irgm3(IGTP), and Irgd(IRG-47) has revealed a critical role in microbial clearance, especially for Toxoplasma ..
- High-throughput ultra-high-performance liquid chromatography/tandem mass spectrometry quantitation of insulin-like growth factor-I and leucine-rich alpha-2-glycoprotein in serum as biomarkers of recombinant human growth hormone administrationR G Kay
Drug Development Services, Quotient BioResearch Ltd, Fordham CB7 5WW, UK
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 23:3173-82. 2009..The protein leucine-rich alpha-2-glycoprotein (LRG) was recently identified as a putative biomarker of rhGH administration...
- Anemia in pregnancy and race in the United States: blacks at riskOmoniyi Y Adebisi
Department of Family Medicine, University of Tennessee, Memphis, TN, USA
Fam Med 37:655-62. 2005....
- LRG-accelerated differentiation defines unique G-CSFR signaling pathways downstream of PU.1 and C/EBPepsilon that modulate neutrophil activationJing Ai
Davis Heart and Lung Research Institute and Division of Hematology Oncology, The Ohio State University College of Medicine, Columbus, OH 43210 1240, USA
J Leukoc Biol 83:1277-85. 2008Expression of leucine-rich alpha2 glycoprotein (LRG), a member of the leucine-rich repeat family of proteins, was recently shown to be up-regulated during neutrophil differentiation...
- Identification of a lipopolysaccharide inducible transcription factor in murine macrophagesB E Drysdale
Department of Research Service, Baltimore VA Medical Center, MD 21201, USA
Mol Immunol 33:989-98. 1996..7. By differential screening, a gene, designated LRG-21, was identified that showed nucleic acid sequence homology to rat liver regenerating factor-1 (LRF-1) and human ..
- Impaired macrophage function underscores susceptibility to Salmonella in mice lacking Irgm1 (LRG-47)Stanley C Henry
Geriatric Research, Education, and Clinical Center, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Durham, NC 27705, USA
J Immunol 179:6963-72. 2007..Current data indicate that the IRG protein Irgm1 (LRG-47) is critical for resistance to intracellular bacteria...
- Effects of mandibular advancement on upper airway dimension and collapsibility in patients with obstructive sleep apnea using dynamic upper airway imaging during sleepJae Kap Choi
Department of Oral Medicine, School of Dentistry, Kyungpook National University, Daegu, Korea
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 109:712-9. 2010....
- The Streptococcus mutans Cid and Lrg systems modulate virulence traits in response to multiple environmental signalsSang Joon Ahn
Department of Oral Biology, College of Dentistry, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
Microbiology 156:3136-47. 2010..Analysis of S. mutans lrg and cid mutants revealed a role for these operons in autolysis, biofilm formation, glucosyltransferase expression ..
- Sequence variation in two ipaH genes of Shigella flexneri 5 and homology to the LRG-like family of proteinsM M Venkatesan
Department of Bacterial Immunology, Walter Reed Army Institute of Research, Washington, D C 20307 5100
Mol Microbiol 5:2435-45. 1991..8, characteristic of members of the leucine-rich glycoprotein (LRG) family. The DNA sequences of ipaH2.5 and ipaH1.4 indicate that these genes are truncated versions of ipaH7.8...
- Prioritisation by physicians in the Netherlands--the growth hormone example in drug reimbursement decisionsAntoinette de Bont
Department of Health Policy and Management, Erasmus MC, Post Box 1738, 3000 DR Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Health Policy 80:369-77. 2007..This paper assesses the National Registry of Growth Hormone Treatment (LRG) responsible for making prioritisation decisions in the Dutch drug reimbursement system in the treatment of growth ..
- Differential requirements for soluble and transmembrane tumor necrosis factor in the immunological control of primary and secondary Listeria monocytogenes infectionKorana Musicki
Centenary Institute of Cancer Medicine and Cell Biology, Locked Bag No 6, Newtown, NSW 2042, Australia
Infect Immun 74:3180-9. 2006..of mRNAs for several chemokines as well as the macrophage effector molecules inducible nitric oxide synthase and LRG-47 in the livers of memTNF mice but not in the livers of WT mice...
- Characterization of CidR-mediated regulation in Bacillus anthracis reveals a previously undetected role of S-layer proteins as murein hydrolasesJong Sam Ahn
Department of Pathology and Microbiology, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68198 6495, USA
Mol Microbiol 62:1158-69. 2006..As in S. aureus, the cidR mutation affected expression of the B. anthracis cid and lrg homologues, murein hydrolase activity and cell viability in stationary phase...
- [Comparison of the present and previously used protocol of risk stratification in children with acute lymphoblastic leukemia]Eliza Glodkowska
Katedra i Klinika Hematologii i Onkologii, Akademia Medyczna, ul Marszałkowska 24, 00 576 Warszawa, Poland
Med Wieku Rozwoj 11:153-8. 2007..Acute lymphoblastic leukaemia (ALL) is one of the most common cancers in children. In Poland, since November 2002 a new protocol of risk stratification has been recommended for assessment of risk factors and for choosing therapy regimens...
- Different altered stage correlative expression of high abundance acute-phase proteins in sera of patients with epithelial ovarian carcinomaYeng Chen
Department of Molecular Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Malaya, 50603 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
J Hematol Oncol 2:37. 2009..ACT), clusterin (CLU), alpha1-antitrypsin (AAT), haptoglobin beta-chain (HAP), and leucine rich glycoprotein (LRG) in the sera of patients with epithelial ovarian carcinoma (EOCa) was recently reported...
- STAT1 is essential for antimicrobial effector function but dispensable for gamma interferon production during Toxoplasma gondii infectionL Cristina Gavrilescu
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, College of Veterinary Medicine, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 14853, USA
Infect Immun 72:1257-64. 2004..fail to upregulate the IFN-gamma-dependent effector molecules inducible nitric oxide synthase (iNOS), IGTP, and LRG-47, which are required for mice to survive infection...
- Human platelet glycoprotein IX. Characterization of cDNA and localization of the gene to chromosome 3M J Hickey
Seattle Veterans Administration Medical Center, WA 98108
FEBS Lett 274:189-92. 1990..of 16 amino acids and a mature protein of 160 amino acids that includes a 24 amino acid leucine-rich glycoprotein (LRG) segment...
- Scoring patients' risk in differentiated thyroid cancerT Hadjieva
Radiotherapy Department, University Hospital Queen Giovanna, Faculty of Medicine, Sofia, Bulgaria
Onkologie 24:561-8. 2001..Despite of excellent long-term results, there is a need for the selection of patients with differentiated thyroid cancer who experience an unfavorable outcome...
- Mouse and human CD14 (myeloid cell-specific leucine-rich glycoprotein) primary structure deduced from cDNA clonesM Setoguchi
Department of Pathology, Medical College of Oita, Japan
Biochim Biophys Acta 1008:213-22. 1989..5%), and contained four putative N-glycosylation sites. Mouse CD14 showed 13 building blocks, of which internal nine blocks have a conserved leucine motif and significant homology with human leucine-rich alpha 2-glycoprotein...
- Functional characterization of the Bag7, Lrg1 and Rgd2 RhoGAP proteins from Saccharomyces cerevisiaeO Roumanie
Laboratoire de Biologie Moleculaire et de Sequencage, Institut de Biochimie et Génétique Cellulaires, UMR CNRS 5095, P O Box 64, 146 rue Leo Saignat, 33076 Cedex, Bordeaux, France
FEBS Lett 506:149-56. 2001..In addition, we brought the first evidence for the existence of a sixth functional Rho in yeast, the Cdc42/Rac-like GTPase Rho5...
- Transcription of the Staphylococcus aureus cid and lrg murein hydrolase regulators is affected by sigma factor BKelly C Rice
Department of Microbiology, Molecular Biology, and Biochemistry, University of Idaho, Moscow, Idaho 83844 3052, USA
J Bacteriol 186:3029-37. 2004The Staphylococcus aureus lrg and cid loci are homologous operons that have been shown to regulate murein hydrolase activity and affect sensitivity to penicillin...
- Analysis of potential diagnostic biomarkers in cerebrospinal fluid of idiopathic normal pressure hydrocephalus by proteomicsX Li
Department of Neurosurgery, Juntendo University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Acta Neurochir (Wien) 148:859-64; discussion 864. 2006..The present study investigated the disease-specific proteins that aid in the diagnosis and treatment of INPH and thus to study their role in the disease process...
- Plasma proteomic analysis of simian immunodeficiency virus infection of rhesus macaquesJayme L Wiederin
University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, Nebraska 68198 5880, USA
J Proteome Res 9:4721-31. 2010..Observed changes in plasma proteins expression likely represent a compensatory host response to persistent viral infection...
- Immune-related GTPase Irgm1 exacerbates experimental auto-immune encephalomyelitis by promoting the disruption of blood-brain barrier and blood-cerebrospinal fluid barrierChaodong Wang
Department of Neurology, The Affiliated Sanming First Hospital of Fujian Medical University, Sanming 365000, Fujian, China
Mol Immunol 53:43-51. 2013..In an in vivo EAE mouse model, we have shown that Irgm1 (also known as LRG-47), a member of the immunity-related GTPase family, promotes the disruption of both BCSFB and BBB, and exacerbates ..
- Relative potencies of aroclor mixtures derived from avian in vitro bioassays: comparisons with calculated toxic equivalentsRui Zhang
State Key Laboratory of Pollution Control and Resource Reuse, School of the Environment, Nanjing University, Nanjing, PR China, 210023
Environ Sci Technol 47:8852-61. 2013..Recently, a luciferase reporter gene (LRG) assay, measuring aryl hydrocarbon receptor 1 (AHR1)-mediated gene expression, accurately predicted the relative ..
- Leucine-rich α2-glycoprotein is a novel biomarker of neurodegenerative disease in human cerebrospinal fluid and causes neurodegeneration in mouse cerebral cortexMasakazu Miyajima
Department of Neurosurgery, Juntendo University Graduate School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
PLoS ONE 8:e74453. 2013Leucine-rich α2-glycoprotein (LRG) is a protein induced by inflammation. It contains a leucine-rich repeat (LRR) structure and easily binds with other molecules...
- Metastasis suppressor microRNA-335 targets the formin family of actin nucleatorsJennifer Lynch
Department of Cancer Genetics, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, Dublin, Ireland National Children s Research Centre, Our Lady s Children s Hospital, Dublin, Ireland
PLoS ONE 8:e78428. 2013..We conclude that miR-335 is a master regulator of tumour cell migration and invasion by directly targeting a plethora of genes that effectively control cell migratory processes. ..
- In vitro assay for the toxicity of silver nanoparticles using heart and gill cell lines of Catla catla and gill cell line of Labeo rohitaG Taju
OIE Reference Laboratory for WTD, Aquaculture Biotechnology Laboratory, PG and Research Department of Zoology, C Abdul Hakeem College, Melvisharam, Tamil Nadu 632 509, India
Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol 161:41-52. 2014..catla heart cell line (SICH), Indian C. catla gill cell line (ICG) and L. rohita gill cell line (LRG) was assessed using MTT and neutral red (NR) assay...
- Proteome changes in the plasma of myelodysplastic syndrome patients with refractory anemia with excess blasts subtype 2Pavel Májek
Institute of Hematology and Blood Transfusion, U Nemocnice 1, 128 20 Prague 2, Czech Republic
Dis Markers 2014:178709. 2014..Increased expression and changes in modification(s) were observed for LRAG, a protein involved in granulocytic and neutrophil differentiation, and angiogenesis. ..
- A targeted proteomic strategy for the measurement of oral cancer candidate biomarkers in human salivaRebeca Kawahara
Laboratório de Espectrometria de Massas, Laboratório Nacional de Biociências, LNBio, CNPEM, Campinas, Brazil
Proteomics 16:159-73. 2016..Overall, this study successfully used targeted proteomics to measure in saliva a panel of biomarker candidates for OSCC. ..
- [Expression of LRG-1 in clinical specimens and Tca8113 cell line of tongue carcinoma]Li Jing Hao
Department of Dentistry, First Affiliated Hospital of Liaoning Medical University, Jinzhou 121001, China E mail
Nan Fang Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao 36:297-302. 2016To investigate the expression of LRG-1 in clinical specimens and Tca8113 cell line of tongue carcinoma and analyze the relationship between LRG-1 expression and the clinicopathological parameters.
- LRG1 downregulation in allergic airway disorders and its expression in peripheral blood and tissue cellsLijing Hao
Allergy and Clinical Immunology Research Centre, The First Affiliated Hospital of Jinzhou Medical University, No 2, Sect 5, Renmin Street, Guta District, Jinzhou, 121001, Liaoning, People s Republic of China
J Transl Med 14:202. 2016..Increased leucine-rich α2-glycoprotein-1 (LRG1) has been observed in plasma of individuals with various diseases. However, the role of LRG1 in allergic airway disease has not been investigated...
- Leucine-rich Alpha-2 Glycoprotein is a Serum Biomarker of Mucosal Healing in Ulcerative ColitisShinichiro Shinzaki
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka, Japan
J Crohns Colitis 11:84-91. 2017..We previously reported that serum leucine-rich alpha-2 glycoprotein [LRG] was a novel biomarker for rheumatoid arthritis and IBD...
- LRG1 mRNA expression in breast cancer associates with PIK3CA genotype and with aromatase inhibitor therapy outcomeDiana E Ramirez-Ardila
Department of Medical Oncology, Erasmus MC Cancer Institute, Rotterdam, The Netherlands Electronic address
Mol Oncol 10:1363-73. 2016..This study now evaluates whether expression of mRNAs and miRs are linked to PIK3CA genotype and are independently related to AI therapy response in order to define potential expressed biomarkers for treatment outcome...
- Prostate Cancer, High Cortisol Levels and Complex Hormonal InteractionBibiana Fabre
Clinical Biochemistry Department, INFIBIOC, Facultad de Farmacia y Bioquimica Universidad de Buenos Aires Email
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 17:3167-71. 2016..between cortisol, leptin and estrogens in 141 men, 71 with PCa and the remaining 70 constituting a low risk group (LRG)...
- Signaling through Lrg1, Rho1 and Pkc1 Governs Candida albicans Morphogenesis in Response to Diverse CuesJinglin L Xie
Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
PLoS Genet 12:e1006405. 2016..albicans morphogenesis, and illuminate functional relationships that govern activation of a central transducer of signals that control environmental response and virulence programs...
- Evidence of viscerally-mediated cold-defence thermoeffector responses in manNathan B Morris
Thermal Ergonomics Laboratory, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Sydney, NSW, Australia
J Physiol . 2016..However, the cold-defence thermoeffector response patterns differed from previously identified hot-defence thermoeffectors...
- Downregulation of leucine‑rich‑α‑2‑glycoprotein 1 expression is associated with the tumorigenesis of head and neck squamous cell carcinomaYongping Wang
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Renmin Hospital of Wuhan University, Wuhan, Hubei 430060, P R China
Oncol Rep . 2017..These findings imply that downregulation of the expression of LRG1 is correlated with tumorigenesis but not with the development of HNSCC, indicating the potential clinical value of LRG1 in the early diagnosis of HNSCC...
- The deduced protein sequence of the human carboxypeptidase N high molecular weight subunit reveals the presence of leucine-rich tandem repeatsF Tan
Laboratory of Peptide Research, University of Illinois College of Medicine, Chicago 60612
J Biol Chem 265:13-9. 1990..The leucine-rich domain likely constitutes an important structural or functional element in the interactions of the 83- and 50-kDa subunits to form the active tetramer of carboxypeptidase N...
- Lutropin-choriogonadotropin receptor: an unusual member of the G protein-coupled receptor familyK C McFarland
Department of Developmental Biology, Genetech, Inc, South San Francisco, CA 94080
Science 245:494-9. 1989..domain displaying an internal repeat structure characteristic of members of the leucine-rich glycoprotein (LRG) family, and a 333-residue region containing seven transmembrane segments...
- Chemotactic behavior of Chlamydomonas reinhardtii is altered during gametogenesisElena V Ermilova
Laboratory of Microbiology, Biological Research Institute of St Petersburg University, Oranienbaumskoe schosse 2, Stary Peterhof, St Petersburg, 198504 Russia
Curr Microbiol 46:261-4. 2003..These data indicate that there are common components in the signaling pathways that control change of chemotactic behavior and forming of mating competence in gametes...
- Inflammation of the cystic fibrosis mouse small intestineOxana Norkina
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, University of Kansas School of Medicine, Kansas City, KS 66160, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 286:G1032-41. 2004..Immune cell infiltration was confirmed histologically by staining for mast cells and neutrophils. These data demonstrate that the CF intestine exhibits an inflammatory state with upregulation of components of the innate immune system...
- Controlled shedding of platelet glycoprotein (GP)VI and GPIb-IX-V by ADAM family metalloproteinasesE E Gardiner
Department of Immunology, Monash University, Alfred Medical Research and Education Precinct, Melbourne, VIC Australia
J Thromb Haemost 5:1530-7. 2007..Platelet glycoprotein (GP)VI that binds collagen, and GPIb-IX-V that binds von Willebrand factor, initiate thrombus formation...
- Modulation of eDNA release and degradation affects Staphylococcus aureus biofilm maturationEthan E Mann
Department of Pathology and Microbiology, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, Nebraska, USA
PLoS ONE 4:e5822. 2009..In flow-cell assays, both cid and lrg mutations had dramatic effects on biofilm maturation and tower formation...
- Potential diagnostic biomarkers in serum of idiopathic pulmonary arterial hypertensionJianqiang Zhang
Research Center for Pathology and Physiology, Cardiovascular Institute and Fu Wai Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, 167 Bei Li Shi Road, Xi Cheng District, Beijing 100037, China
Respir Med 103:1801-6. 2009..The present study investigated the disease-specific proteins that aid in the diagnosis of IPAH and thus to study their role in the disease process...
- Effect of different microcystin profiles on toxin bioaccumulation in common carp (Cyprinus carpio) larvae via Artemia naupliiIssam El Ghazali
Department of Biology, Laboratory of Biology and Biotechnology of Microorganisms, Microbiology and Environmental Toxicology Unit, Faculty of Sciences Semlalia Marrakech, University Cadi Ayyad, PO Box 2390, Marrakech 40000, Morocco
Ecotoxicol Environ Saf 73:762-70. 2010..The MC concentration in the nauplii was 73.60+/-7.88ngEqMC-LRg(-1)FW (n=4, mean+/-SE) for bloom A and 87.04+/-10.31ngEqMC-LRg(-1)FW for bloom B...
- Urinary proteomics before and after extracorporeal circulation in patients with and without acute kidney injuryFabienne Aregger
Department of Nephrology Hypertension, Inselspital, University of Bern, Bern, Switzerland
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 139:692-700. 2010..Acute kidney injury is a well-known complication with high morbidity and mortality after cardiopulmonary bypass. Cardiopulmonary bypass-associated acute kidney injury is still poorly understood...
- Comparative proteomics, network analysis and post-translational modification identification reveal differential profiles of plasma Con A-bound glycoprotein biomarkers in gastric cancerYih Huei Uen
Superintendent s Office, Chi Mei Hospital Chiali, Tainan 722, Taiwan
J Proteomics 83:197-213. 2013..Additionally, three novel PTMs in ITIH3 were identified and include hexose-N-acetyl-hexosamine at asparagine-(41), trimethylation at aspartic acid-(290), and flavin adenine dinucleotide at histidine-(335)...
- LRG1 is an independent prognostic factor for endometrial carcinomaShan Yun Wen
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Shanghai Jiao Tong University Affiliated Sixth People s Hospital, 600 Yisan Road, Shanghai, 200233, People s Republic of China
Tumour Biol 35:7125-33. 2014..Thus, LRG1 potentially offered clinical value in directing personal treatment for endometrial carcinoma patients. ..
- In vitro cytotoxic, genotoxic and oxidative stress of cypermethrin on five fish cell linesG Taju
OIE Reference Laboratory for WTD, PG and Research Department of Zoology, C Abdul Hakeem College, Melvisharam, 632 509 Vellore District, Tamilnadu, India
Pestic Biochem Physiol 113:15-24. 2014..a study was conducted for the assessment of cytotoxic, genotoxic and oxidative stress of CYP in IEG, CB, ICG, LRG and CSG cell lines at 24h exposure...
- Targeted mass spectrometry analysis of the proteins IGF1, IGF2, IBP2, IBP3 and A2GL by blood protein precipitationGerard Such-Sanmartín
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Southern Denmark, Campusvej 55, DK 5230 Odense M, Denmark
J Proteomics 113:29-37. 2015..We benchmarked this method for the analysis of 40 individual blood samples including 20 patients diagnosed with breast cancer...
- Stable knockdown of LRG1 by RNA interference inhibits growth and promotes apoptosis of glioblastoma cells in vitro and in vivoDi Zhong
Department of Neurology, The First Affiliated Hospital of Harbin Medical University, Harbin, People s Republic of China
Tumour Biol 36:4271-8. 2015....
- The Effect of Acute and Chronic Social Stress on the Hippocampal Transcriptome in MiceAdrian M Stankiewicz
Department of Animal Behaviour, Institute of Genetics and Animal Breeding, Polish Academy of Sciences, Jastrzebiec, Poland
PLoS ONE 10:e0142195. 2015..Our study suggests that some of the previously reported, supposedly specific changes in hippocampal gene expression, may be a result of the inclusion of choroid plexus in the hippocampal samples. ..
- Discovery of potential colorectal cancer serum biomarkers through quantitative proteomics on the colonic tissue interstitial fluids from the AOM-DSS mouse modelYang Wang
CAS Key Laboratory of Genome Sciences and Information, Beijing Institute of Genomics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100101, China University of Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100049, China
J Proteomics 132:31-40. 2016..These data demonstrate that coupling dynamic TIF proteomics with targeted serum proteomics in an animal model is a promising avenue for pursuing the discovery of tumor serum biomarkers...
- Calcium-chelating alizarin and other anthraquinones inhibit biofilm formation and the hemolytic activity of Staphylococcus aureusJin Hyung Lee
School of Chemical Engineering, Yeungnam University, Gyeongsan, 712 749, Republic of Korea
Sci Rep 6:19267. 2016..the α-hemolysin hla gene, biofilm-related genes (psmα, rbf, and spa), and modulated the expressions of cid/lrg genes (the holin/antiholin system)...
- LRG1 modulates epithelial-mesenchymal transition and angiogenesis in colorectal cancer via HIF-1α activationJingjing Zhang
State Key Laboratory for Oncogenes and Related Genes, Key Laboratory of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Ministry of Health, Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Ren Ji Hospital, School of Medicine, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai Cancer Institute, Shanghai Institute of Digestive Disease, 145 Middle Shandong Road, Shanghai, 200001, China
J Exp Clin Cancer Res 35:29. 2016..Here, we investigated the biological function and underlying molecular mechanisms of LRG1 in CRC...
- YsbA and LytST are essential for pyruvate utilization in Bacillus subtilisMarielle H van den Esker
Molecular Genetics, Groningen Biomolecular Sciences and Biotechnology Institute, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Environ Microbiol 19:83-94. 2017The genome of Bacillus subtilis encodes homologues of the Cid/Lrg network. In other bacterial species, this network consists of holin- and antiholin-like proteins that regulate cell death by controlling murein hydrolase activity...
- LRG1 promotes angiogenesis through upregulating the TGF‑β1 pathway in ischemic rat brainHongmei Meng
Department of Pathology, The First Affiliated Hospital of Harbin Medical University, Harbin, Heilongjiang 150001, P R China
Mol Med Rep 14:5535-5543. 2016..This may provide a potential therapeutic target for the treatment of ischemic stroke...
- Leucine Rich α-2 Glycoprotein: A Novel Neutrophil Granule Protein and Modulator of MyelopoiesisLawrence J Druhan
The Department of Hematologic Oncology, The Levine Cancer Institute, Carolinas HealthCare System, Charlotte, North Carolina, United States of America
PLoS ONE 12:e0170261. 2017....
- Lrg1p functions as a putative GTPase-activating protein in the Pkc1p-mediated cell integrity pathway in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeA Lorberg
Institut fur Mikrobiologie, Heinrich Heine Universitat Dusseldorf, Geb 26 12, 40225 Dusseldorf, Germany
Mol Genet Genomics 266:514-26. 2001..We therefore suggest that Lrg1p acts as a negative regulator of the Pkc1p pathway in conjunction with its known homologue Sac7p...
- Gene expression profiling of mucosal addressin cell adhesion molecule-1+ high endothelial venule cells (HEV) and identification of a leucine-rich HEV glycoprotein as a HEV markerKoichi Saito
Laboratory of Molecular and Cellular Recognition, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, 2 2, Yamada oka, Suita, 565 0871, Osaka, Japan
J Immunol 168:1050-9. 2002....
- [Biochemistry of platelet membrane glycoproteins]Yasuhiko Ando
Department of Laboratory Medicine, School of Medicine, Tokai University
Nihon Rinsho 61:547-51. 2003..and sequenced and have been found to be members of major gene families, such as integrin, leucine rich glycoprotein (LRG), selectin, etc. In this chapter, the structure and the functions of membrane glycoproteins are briefly reviewed.
- Immune control of tuberculosis by IFN-gamma-inducible LRG-47John D MacMicking
Laboratory of Infection Biology, Rockefeller University, 1230 York Avenue, New York, NY 10021, USA
Science 302:654-9. 2003..Here, we identify one member of a newly emerging 47-kilodalton (p47) guanosine triphosphatase family, LRG-47, that acts independently of NOS2 to protect against disease...
- Autophagy is a defense mechanism inhibiting BCG and Mycobacterium tuberculosis survival in infected macrophagesMaximiliano G Gutierrez
Instituto de Histologia y Embriologia, Facultad de Ciencias Medicas, Universidad Nacional de Cuyo CONICET, Mendoza 5500, Argentina
Cell 119:753-66. 2004..IFN-gamma induced autophagy in macrophages, and so did transfection with LRG-47, an effector of IFN-gamma required for antimycobacterial action...
- p47 GTPases regulate Toxoplasma gondii survival in activated macrophagesBarbara A Butcher
Dept of Microbiology and Immunology, College of Veterinary Medicine, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, USA
Infect Immun 73:3278-86. 2005..We have shown previously that IGTP and LRG-47, members of the IFN-gamma-regulated family of p47 GTPases, are required for resistance to acute T...
- Risk score model for fatal intracranial hemorrhage in acute leukemiaH Kim
Division of Hematology Oncology, Ulsan University Hospital, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Ulsan, Korea
Leukemia 20:770-6. 2006..The RS model segregated patients into three prognostic groups: a low-risk group (LRG) for RS of 0 or 1; an intermediate-risk group (IRG) for RS of 2 or 3; and a high-risk group (HRG) for RS of 4 or 5...
- Characterization of the Staphylococcus aureus CidR regulon: elucidation of a novel role for acetoin metabolism in cell death and lysisSoo Jin Yang
Department of Microbiology, Molecular Biology, and Biochemistry, University of Idaho, Moscow, ID 83844 3052, USA
Mol Microbiol 60:458-68. 2006The Staphylococcus aureus cid and lrg operons encode a novel regulatory system that affects murein hydrolase activity, stationary-phase survival and antibiotic tolerance...
- STAT1 regulates IFN-alpha beta- and IFN-gamma-dependent control of infection with Chlamydia pneumoniae by nonhemopoietic cellsAntonio Gigliotti Rothfuchs
Microbiology and Tumorbiology Center, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
J Immunol 176:6982-90. 2006..Nonhemopoietic cells accounted for the expression of STAT1-mediated indoleamine 2, 3-dioxygenase and the p47 GTPase LRG-47, but not inducible NO synthase mRNA...
- Autophagy as an immune defense mechanismVojo Deretic
Department of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, University of New Mexico School of Medicine, Albuquerque, NM 87131, USA
Curr Opin Immunol 18:375-82. 2006..has emerged between autophagy and defense against intracellular pathogens via the immunity-related GTPase lrgm1 (LRG-47), which has a protective role against Mycobacterium tuberculosis...
- Human IRGM induces autophagy to eliminate intracellular mycobacteriaSudha B Singh
Department of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, University of New Mexico School of Medicine, Albuquerque, NM 87131, USA
Science 313:1438-41. 2006..We found that the murine Irgm1 (LRG-47) guanosine triphosphatase induced autophagy and generated large autolysosomal organelles as a mechanism for the ..
- Effect of normothermic perfusion using fructose-1,6-bisphosphate for maintenance of liver function during in situ extended hepatectomy by the total hepatic vascular exclusion techniqueRyuichiro Uemura
Second Department of Surgery, Wakayama Medical University, School of Medicine, Wakayama, Japan
J Surg Res 137:89-95. 2007..We evaluated the effect of normothermic liver perfusion with the addition of fructose-1, 6-bisphosphate (FBP) and oxygenation to maintain liver parenchymal, non-parenchymal, and Kupffer cell function...
- Chapter 11. Subsecond analyses of G-protein coupled-receptor ternary complex dynamics by rapid mix flow cytometryTione Buranda
Department of Pathology and Cancer Center, University of New Mexico Health Science Center, Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA
Methods Enzymol 461:227-47. 2009..ligands (L) to G-protein-coupled receptors (GPCRs) initiates the formation of ternary complexes with G-proteins (LRG complexes). We describe the assembly of detergent-solubilized LRG complexes on beads...
- Discovery and validation of urine markers of acute pediatric appendicitis using high-accuracy mass spectrometryAlex Kentsis
Division of Emergency Medicine, Department of Medicine, Children s Hospital Boston, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Ann Emerg Med 55:62-70.e4. 2010..Here, we sought to profile the urine of patients with appendicitis, with the goal of identifying new diagnostic markers...
- Comparison of the microbial quality of ground beef and ground beef patties from internet and local retail marketsS Pao
Virginia State University, Agricultural Research Station, P O Box 9061, Petersburg, Virginia, USA
J Food Prot 72:1722-6. 2009..S.) retail markets. A total of 152 ground beef products, consisting of locally purchased raw ground beef (LRG) and frozen beef patties (LFP) and Internet-procured frozen ground beef (IFG) and frozen beef patties (IFP), were ..
- Effect of elevation resolution on evapotranspiration simulations using MODFLOWB V N P Kambhammettu
Department of Civil Engineering, New Mexico State University, Las Cruces, NM 88003, USA
Ground Water 50:367-75. 2012..Applicability of the research is tested for the lower Rio Grande (LRG) Basin in southern New Mexico...
- Loss of the plastid envelope protein AtLrgB causes spontaneous chlorotic cell death in Arabidopsis thalianaMizuki Yamaguchi
Graduate School of Science and Technology, Kumamoto University, Kumamoto, Japan
Plant Cell Physiol 53:125-34. 2012..The phenotypes of atlrgB resembled those in lesion mimic mutants, suggesting that AtLrgB functions against cell death, similar to the bacterial Lrg system.
- Proteomic identification of plasma biomarkers in uterine leiomyomaChao Po Lin
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Chiayi Christian Hospital, Chiayi, Taiwan
Mol Biosyst 8:1136-45. 2012..The potential of utilizing these markers for screening and treating uterine leiomyomas warrants further investigations...
- Novel serum and urine markers for pediatric appendicitisAnupam B Kharbanda
Division of Pediatric Emergency Medicine, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY, USA
Acad Emerg Med 19:56-62. 2012The objective was to describe the association between two novel biomarkers, calprotectin and leucine-rich alpha glycoprotein-1 (LRG), and appendicitis in children.
- MiRNA-335 suppresses neuroblastoma cell invasiveness by direct targeting of multiple genes from the non-canonical TGF-β signalling pathwayJennifer Lynch
Department of Molecular and Cellular Therapeutics, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, York House, York Street, Dublin 2, Ireland
Carcinogenesis 33:976-85. 2012..Our results provide novel insight into the direct regulation of TGF-β non-canonical signaling by miR-335, which in turn is downregulated by MYCN...
- Paralogous annotation of disease-causing variants in long QT syndrome genesJames S Ware
Medical Research Council Clinical Sciences Centre, Imperial College London, London, United Kingdom
Hum Mutat 33:1188-91. 2012..org/Paralogue_Annotation/), based on newly created Locus Reference Genomic sequences (http://www.lrg-sequence.org/). We propose that paralogous annotation is widely applicable for Mendelian human disease genes.
- Evaluation of mental status HIV-infected patients: implications for treatmentY H Jin
State Key Laboratory for Diagnosis and Treatment of Infectious Disease, The First Affiliated Hospital, School of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China
Curr HIV Res 10:546-51. 2012....
- A luciferase reporter gene assay and aryl hydrocarbon receptor 1 genotype predict the LD50 of polychlorinated biphenyls in avian speciesGillian E Manning
Centre for Advanced Research in Environmental Genomics, Department of Biology, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, ON, Canada K1N 6N5
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 263:390-401. 2012..A luciferase reporter gene (LRG) assay was developed in our laboratory to measure AHR1-mediated induction of a cytochrome P450 1A5 reporter gene in ..
- Integrative proteomics and tissue microarray profiling indicate the association between overexpressed serum proteins and non-small cell lung cancerYansheng Liu
Key Laboratory of Systems Biology, Institute of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Science, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai, China
PLoS ONE 7:e51748. 2012..We revealed that A1BG and LRG1 were overexpressed in both the blood level and tumor sections, which can be referred to separate lung cancer patients from healthy cases...
- Proteomics-based identification of plasma biomarkers in oral squamous cell carcinomaChun Liang Tung
Department of Pathology, Chiayi Christian Hospital, Chiayi, Taiwan
J Pharm Biomed Anal 75:7-17. 2013..The potential of utilizing these markers for screening and treating OSCC warrants further investigations...
- Serum protein profile of Crohn's disease treated with infliximabMaria Gazouli
Department of Basic Medical Sciences, Laboratory of Biology, School of Medicine, University of Athens, Greece Laboratory of Cell and Gene Therapy Foundation for Biomedical Research of the Academy of Athens IIBEAA, Greece Electronic address
J Crohns Colitis 7:e461-70. 2013....
- Identification of O-glycosylated proteins that are aberrantly excreted in the urine of patients with early stage ovarian cancerAlan Kang Wai Mu
Institute of Biological Sciences, Faculty of Science, University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur 50603, Malaysia
Int J Mol Sci 14:7923-31. 2013....
- LRG1 promotes angiogenesis by modulating endothelial TGF-β signallingXiaomeng Wang
Department of Cell Biology, UCL Institute of Ophthalmology, London EC1V 9EL, UK
Nature 499:306-11. 2013..LRG1 antibody blockade inhibits this switch and attenuates angiogenesis. These studies reveal a new regulator of angiogenesis that mediates its effect by modulating TGF-β signalling. ..
- The primary structure of the core protein of the small, leucine-rich proteoglycan (PG I) from bovine articular cartilageP J Neame
Shriners Hospital for Crippled Children, University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida 33612
J Biol Chem 264:8653-61. 1989..shown that for PG II, the majority of domain 3 shows considerable similarity to leucine-rich alpha 2-glycoprotein (LRG) from serum. Domain 2 of PG I or PG II also has an analog in LRG, in that it has two cysteines in a similar place...
- Human platelet glycoprotein IX: an adhesive prototype of leucine-rich glycoproteins with flank-center-flank structuresM J Hickey
Hematology Section, Seattle Veterans Administration Medical Center, WA 98108
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 86:6773-7. 1989..GPIX contains a leucine-rich glycoprotein (LRG) sequence of 24 amino acids similar to conserved LRG sequences in GPIb and other proteins from humans, Drosophila, ..
- The alpha and beta chains of human platelet glycoprotein Ib are both transmembrane proteins containing a leucine-rich amino acid sequenceJ A Lopez
Department of Biochemistry, University of Washington, Seattle
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 85:2135-9. 1988..The intracellular segment contains an unpaired cysteine and two potential sites for phosphorylation by cAMP-dependent protein kinase...
- Identification of an endotoxin and IFN-inducible cDNA: possible identification of a novel protein familyJ M Sorace
Department of Pathology, Baltimore VA Medical Center, Maryland 21201, USA
J Leukoc Biol 58:477-84. 1995..7 macrophage cell line cDNA library to isolate and characterize LPS-induced messages. One such message, LRG-47, is induced by LPS, IFN-gamma, and IFN-alpha/beta, but not by a panel of other cytokines or pharmacological ..
- Human platelet glycoprotein V: characterization of the polypeptide and the related Ib-V-IX receptor system of adhesive, leucine-rich glycoproteinsM J Hickey
Hematology Section, Seattle Veterans Administration Medical Center, WA 98105
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 90:8327-31. 1993..System members share physical associations, leucine-rich glycoprotein (LRG) structures, and a congenital deficiency state, Bernard-Soulier syndrome...
- Expression of platelet membrane glycoprotein V in human megakaryocytes and megakaryocytic cell lines: a study using a novel monoclonal antibody against GPVT Takafuta
Department of Internal Medicine, Hiroshima University, Japan
Thromb Haemost 72:762-9. 1994..V (GPV) is a platelet membrane protein with a molecular weight of 82 kD, and one of the leucine rich glycoproteins (LRG)...
- Identification of a novel GTPase, the inducibly expressed GTPase, that accumulates in response to interferon gammaG A Taylor
ABL Basic Research Program, NCI Frederick Cancer Research and Development Center, Frederick, Maryland 21702, USA
J Biol Chem 271:20399-405. 1996..In addition, the protein was homologous to proteins encoded by three previously cloned cDNAs, IRG-47, TGTP/Mg21, and LRG-47, and thus may be representative of a new family of interferon gamma-regulated GTPases.
- Characterization of the gene encoding mouse platelet glycoprotien Ib betaT Kitaguchi
Department of Internal Medicine, Keio University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Thromb Res 87:235-44. 1997..The promoter region contained putative GATA and ets binding motif implicated in megakaryocytic expression. Mouse GPIb beta also contained a leucine-rich glycoprotein (LRG) sequence of 24 amino acids same as human GPIb beta.
- Contribution of the Streptococcus mutans cid and lrg Murein Hydrolase Regulator HKELLY CHRISTINE RICE; Fiscal Year: 2010..To this end, a developmental research project is proposed that initiates study of the cid and lrg genes in S...
- Shirley ShiDu Yan; Fiscal Year: 2014DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): LRG-47 (Irgm1), also known p47GTPase, is an interferon (IFN)-?-inducible family of intracellular 47 kDa GTPases...
- The molecular control of bacterial autolysisKenneth W Bayles; Fiscal Year: 2012The Staphylococcus aureus cid and lrg operons encode a novel regulatory system that is important in the control bacterial death and lysis...
- LRG-47: a critical regulator of host defense and hematopoietic stem cell functionMegan P Tierney; Fiscal Year: 2010..IFN-y signaling induces many downstream targets, including the p47 family of GTPases. LRG-47, a member of the murine p47 family, is critical for host response to intracellular bacteria and protozoa...
- Role of IFN-gamma Induced Macrophage GTPases in Brucella KillingJames Cardelli; Fiscal Year: 2007..in IFN-gamma treated macrophages contained increased levels of GTPases belonging to different families, including LRG-47 and GBP-5. Overexpression of LRG-47 attenuated B...
- LIGAND-RECEPTOR-G PROTEIN DYNAMICS & NEUTROPHIL RESPONSELarry Sklar; Fiscal Year: 1992..neutrophil, whose G is a novel protein which activates phospholipase C, is an ideal model system in which to study LRG dynamics...
- Hyperacidification and Pseudomonas infections in CFVojo Deretic; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Pseudomonas in Cystic Fibrosis-Regulation of MucoidyVojo Deretic; Fiscal Year: 2006..These studies are expected to improve our understanding of respiratory pathogenesis in CF, and lead to new treatments of presently incurable lung infections associated with this disease...
- Mechanism of M. tuberculosis Phagosome Maturation ArrestVojo Deretic; Fiscal Year: 2008..tuberculosis and provide a foundation for new interventions potentially combating both active disease and latent infection. ..
- Autophagy in TuberculosisVOJO P DERETIC; Fiscal Year: 2011..Our studies will provide novel pharmacological and immunological approaches in treatment and prophylaxis of tuberculosis, with strong implications for immunity and infectious diseases in general. ..
- NEURODEGENERATIVE MECHANISMS IN ALZHEIMER'S DISEASEPiruz Nahreini; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Biomarkers with Biological Function in Ovarian CarcinomaAmy Skubitz; Fiscal Year: 2009..The association between levels of expression/secretion of the cell adhesion proteins with biological functional activities and patient information will be determined. ..