Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: leptin receptor
Description: leptin receptor
Alias: CD295, LEP-R, LEPRD, OB-R, OBR, leptin receptor, OB receptor, huB219
Publications254 found, 100 shown here
- Identification and expression cloning of a leptin receptor, OB-RL A Tartaglia
Millennium Pharmaceuticals, Incorporated, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
Cell 83:1263-71. 1995..library was prepared from mouse choroid plexus and screened with a leptin-AP fusion protein to identify a leptin receptor (OB-R)...
- Evidence that the diabetes gene encodes the leptin receptor: identification of a mutation in the leptin receptor gene in db/db miceH Chen
Millennium Pharmaceuticals, Incorporated, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
Cell 84:491-5. 1996....
- Leptin and leptin receptor genotypes and colon cancer: gene-gene and gene-lifestyle interactionsMartha L Slattery
Department of Medicine, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Int J Cancer 122:1611-7. 2008..We evaluated the LEP rs2167270 (19 G > A) and rs7799039 (-2548 G > A) polymorphisms and the leptin receptor, LEPR rs6588147 (located in intron 2), polymorphism with risk of developing colon cancer in a study of 1,567 ..
- Leptin and soluble leptin receptor levels in plasma and risk of type 2 diabetes in U.S. women: a prospective studyQi Sun
Department of Nutrition, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Diabetes 59:611-8. 2010We prospectively examined plasma levels of leptin and soluble leptin receptor (sOB-R), as well as their interactions with other diabetes risk factors, in relation to type 2 diabetes to elucidate the complex relation between these two ..
- A mutation in the leptin receptor is associated with Entamoeba histolytica infection in childrenPriya Duggal
Department of Epidemiology, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
J Clin Invest 121:1191-8. 2011..histolytica every other day over 9 years and evaluated them for genetic variants in leptin (LEP) and the leptin receptor (LEPR)...
- Leptin-receptor polymorphisms relate to obesity through blunted leptin-mediated sympathetic nerve activation in a Caucasian male populationKazuko Masuo
Human Neurotransmitter Laboratory, Baker Heart Research Institute, Melbourne, Australia
Hypertens Res 31:1093-100. 2008..We therefore hypothesize that leptin-receptor play a role in the development of obesity through leptin resistance and blunted leptin-mediated sympathetic nerve activity...
- Modulation of direct leptin signaling by soluble leptin receptorGuoqing Yang
Department of Physiology, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390 8854, USA
Mol Endocrinol 18:1354-62. 2004Soluble leptin receptor (SLR) represents the major leptin binding activity in plasma. It is generated by alternative splicing of OB-R mRNA (OB-Re) and/or ectodomain shedding of membrane-spanning receptors...
- Adipokine genes and prostate cancer riskSteven C Moore
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Int J Cancer 124:869-76. 2009..05). Polymorphisms in the IL6, LEPR, TNF and ADIPOQ genes were not associated with prostate cancer. Allelic variants in the LEP gene are related to prostate cancer risk, supporting a role for leptin in prostate carcinogenesis...
- No association between polymorphisms in LEP, LEPR, ADIPOQ, ADIPOR1, or ADIPOR2 and postmenopausal breast cancer riskLauren R Teras
Department of Epidemiology, American Cancer Society, National Home Office, 250 Williams Street Northwest, Atlanta, GA 30303, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 18:2553-7. 2009..the association between postmenopausal breast cancer and variability in the genes encoding leptin, the leptin receptor, adiponectin, adiponectin receptor 1, and adiponectin receptor 2...
- Leptin receptor long-form signalling in a human liver cell lineC P Briscoe
Department of Vascular Biology, SmithKline Beecham Pharmaceuticals, New Frontiers Science Park, Harlow, Essex, UK
Cytokine 14:225-9. 2001Expression of the long form of the leptin receptor was detected by reverse transcriptase-polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) and Western blotting in the human liver cell line WRL68...
- Leptin gene (TTTC)(n) microsatellite polymorphism as well as leptin receptor R223Q and PPARgamma2 P12A substitutions are not associated with hypertensive disorders in pregnancyAnnette Wiedemann
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology Grosshadern, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
Am J Reprod Immunol 63:310-7. 2010..Therefore, we investigated polymorphisms in the genes encoding leptin, the leptin receptor, and PPARgamma2 in patients with PIH.
- Relationships between serum soluble leptin receptor level and serum leptin and adiponectin levels, insulin resistance index, lipid profile, and leptin receptor gene polymorphisms in the Japanese populationTakeo Ogawa
Department of Internal Medicine, Keio University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Metabolism 53:879-85. 2004..One of the leptin receptor isoforms exists in a circulating soluble form that can bind leptin...
- A role for leptin and its cognate receptor in hematopoiesisB D Bennett
Department of Molecular Oncology, Genentech Inc, 460 Point San Bruno Blvd, South San Francisco, California 94080, USA
Curr Biol 6:1170-80. 1996..In this study, we have undertaken a search for novel cytokines that may influence the fate of hematopoietic stem cells...
- Association between leptin receptor gene polymorphisms and early-onset prostate cancerZ Kote-Jarai
Translational Cancer Genetics, and Molecular Epidemiology, The Institute of Cancer Research, Surrey, UK
BJU Int 92:109-12. 2003To report a case-control study examining the relationship between polymorphisms in the leptin receptor (OBR) gene and the development of young-onset prostate cancer, because epidemiological studies report that prostate cancer risk is ..
- Leptin gene and leptin receptor gene polymorphisms are associated with sweet preference and obesityEinosuke Mizuta
Department of Bioscience, National Cardiovascular Center Research Institute, Suita, Japan
Hypertens Res 31:1069-77. 2008..investigated the associations among sweet preference, obesity, and polymorphisms of the leptin gene (LEP) or leptin receptor gene (LEPR)...
- Low levels of expression of leptin receptor at the cell surface result from constitutive endocytosis and intracellular retention in the biosynthetic pathwaySandrine Belouzard
Unité Propre de Recherche 2511, Institut de Biologie de Lille, CNRS, 59021 Lille, France
J Biol Chem 279:28499-508. 2004The leptin receptor is mainly localized in intracellular compartments in target tissues...
- Expression of leptin, leptin receptor, and hypoxia-inducible factor 1 alpha in human endometrial cancerMariusz Koda
Department of General and Clinical Pathomorphology, Medical University of Bialystok, Waszyngtona St 13, 15 269 Bialystok, Poland
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1095:90-8. 2007Recent studies suggested that Ob (Ob) and its receptor (ObR) could be involved in the pathogenesis of various human malignancies, among others in endometrial cancer...
- No association of defined variability in leptin, leptin receptor, adiponectin, proopiomelanocortin and ghrelin gene with food preferences in the Czech populationJulie Bienertova-Vasku
Department of Pathological Physiology, Faculty of Medicine, Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic
Nutr Neurosci 11:2-8. 2008..The aim of this study was to investigate the possible associations of defined variability in leptin, leptin receptor, adiponectin, proopiomelanocortin and ghrelin genes with food preferences in the obese and non-obese Czech ..
- Single nucleotide polymorphism and lifestyle-related diseases in the Asia-Pacific region: comparative study in Okinawa, Palau and ThailandY Kagawa
High Technology Centre, Department of Medical Chemistry and Nutrition Clinic, Kagawa Nutrition University, Chiyoda Sakado, Saitama 350 0288, Japan
Asia Pac J Public Health 15:S10-4. 2003..four populations, in both men and women: uncoupling protein 2 (UCP2), uncoupling protein 3 promoter (UCP3p), leptin receptor (LEPR) exon 6, and angiotensinogen (AGTa-20c)...
- Structure and sequence variation at the human leptin receptor gene in lean and obese Pima IndiansD B Thompson
Phoenix Epidemiology and Clinical Research Branch, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Institutes of Health, AZ 85016, USA
Hum Mol Genet 6:675-9. 1997..We have physically localized the human leptin receptor gene (LEPR) to a region at 1p31, between the anonymous microsatellite markers D1S515 and D1S198...
- Exonic and intronic sequence variation in the human leptin receptor gene (LEPR)W K Chung
Laboratory of Human Behavior and Metabolism, Rockefeller University, New York, New York, USA
Diabetes 46:1509-11. 1997
- A meta-analytic investigation of linkage and association of common leptin receptor (LEPR) polymorphisms with body mass index and waist circumferenceM Heo
New York Obesity Research Center, St Luke s Roosevelt Hospital, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY, USA
Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 26:640-6. 2002We analyzed data pooled from nine studies on the human leptin receptor (LEPR) gene for the association of three alleles (K109R, Q223R and K656N) of LEPR with body mass index (BMI; kg/m(2)) and waist circumference (WC)...
- Weight loss increases soluble leptin receptor levels and the soluble receptor bound fraction of leptinMarkus Laimer
Department of Medicine, University of Innsbruck, Austria
Obes Res 10:597-601. 2002Soluble leptin receptor (sOB-R) represents the main binding site for leptin in human blood...
- Genetic variation in the leptin receptor gene, leptin, and weight gain in young Dutch adultsCaroline T M van Rossum
Department of Chronic Diseases Epidemiology, National Institute of Public Health and the Environment, Bilthoven, The Netherlands
Obes Res 11:377-86. 2003To investigate the association between leptin levels, polymorphisms in the leptin receptor (LEPR) gene, and weight gain.
- Diurnal and ultradian dynamics of serum adiponectin in healthy men: comparison with leptin, circulating soluble leptin receptor, and cortisol patternsAlina Gavrila
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 88:2838-43. 2003..These data suggest that adiponectin and sOB-R levels might be influenced by common regulatory factors and challenge the notion that cortisol may have a direct inhibitory effect on adiponectin in humans...
- Enhanced expression of leptin and leptin receptor (OB-R) in human breast cancerMakoto Ishikawa
Department of Surgery, Division of Surgical Oncology, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Clin Cancer Res 10:4325-31. 2004To evaluate leptin and leptin receptor (OB-R) expression in human breast cancer and determine whether it could be effective for the prevention and treatment of breast cancer.
- Polymorphisms in the leptin and leptin receptor genes in relation to resting metabolic rate and respiratory quotient in the Québec Family StudyR J F Loos
Human Genomics Laboratory, Pennington Biomedical Research Center, Baton Rouge, LA 70808, USA
Int J Obes (Lond) 30:183-90. 2006..Leptin (LEP) is an endocrine hormone that participates in many metabolic pathways, including those associated with the central regulation of energy homeostasis...
- Contribution of leptin receptor N-linked glycans to leptin bindingYuichi Kamikubo
Roon Research Center for Arteriosclerosis and Thrombosis, Division of Blood Cell and Vascular Biology, Department of Molecular and Experimental Medicine, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Biochem J 410:595-604. 2008The extracellular domain of the human leptin receptor (Ob-R) contains 20 potential N-glycosylation sites whose role in leptin binding remains to be elucidated...
- A mutation in the human leptin receptor gene causes obesity and pituitary dysfunctionK Clement
Laboratoire de Nutrition et Service de Médecine et Nutrition, Hôtel Dieu place du Parvis Notre Dame, Paris, France
Nature 392:398-401. 1998..Leptin acts through the leptin receptor, a single-transmembrane-domain receptor of the cytokine-receptor family...
- SOCS3 mediates feedback inhibition of the leptin receptor via Tyr985C Bjorbak
Division of Endocrinology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, and Section on Obesity, Research Division, Joslin Diabetes Center and Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
J Biol Chem 275:40649-57. 2000During leptin signaling, each of the phosphorylated tyrosine residues on the long form of the leptin receptor (LRb) mediates distinct signals...
- LEPR gene polymorphisms: associations with overweight, fat mass and response to diet in womenO Mammes
Xavier Bichat Medicine School, Paris, France
Eur J Clin Invest 31:398-404. 2001In humans, a mutation of the leptin receptor gene (LEPR) leads to a rare obese syndrome of mendelian inheritance. However, obesity in humans results from interactions between genes and environment, mainly nutritional factors...
- The Q223R polymorphism of the leptin receptor gene is significantly associated with obesity and predicts a small percentage of body weight and body composition variabilityN Yiannakouris
Department of Home Economics, Harokopio University, 17671 Athens, Greece
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 86:4434-9. 2001Genetic variation at the leptin receptor gene locus may play an important role in the pathophysiology of human obesity, a leptin-resistant state...
- Obesity is associated with decreasing levels of the circulating soluble leptin receptor in humansV Ogier
Department of Human Nutrition, Ecole Nationale Supérieure d Agronomie et des Industries, Alimentairs, Vandoeuve les Nancy, France
Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 26:496-503. 2002..It circulates in both free and bound form. One of the leptin receptor isoforms exists in a circulating soluble form that can bind leptin...
- Regulation of circulating soluble leptin receptor levels by gender, adiposity, sex steroids, and leptin: observational and interventional studies in humansJean L Chan
Division of Endocrinology, Department of Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, 99 Brookline Avenue, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Diabetes 51:2105-12. 2002..A circulating soluble form of the leptin receptor [soluble leptin receptor (sOB-R)] is the main leptin-binding protein and determinant of free leptin index (..
- Generation of soluble leptin receptor by ectodomain shedding of membrane-spanning receptors in vitro and in vivoHongfei Ge
Touchstone Center for Diabetes Research, Department of Physiology, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390 8854, USA
J Biol Chem 277:45898-903. 2002..Genetically obese rodents with mutations of leptin or leptin receptor develop morbid obesity and diabetes...
- Circulating soluble leptin receptor and free leptin index during childhood, puberty, and adolescenceJ Kratzsch
Institute of Laboratory Medicine, Clinical Chemistry and Molecular Diagnostics, University of Leipzig, 04103 Leipzig, Germany
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 87:4587-94. 2002..is bound in human blood by a high affinity binding protein, which appears to be identical with the soluble leptin receptor (sOB-R)...
- Leptin receptor polymorphism is associated with serum lipid levels and impairment of cholesterol lowering effect by simvastatin in Japanese menAkiko Takahashi-Yasuno
Department of Medicine and Clinical Science, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, 54 Shogoin Kawahara cho, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8507, Japan
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 62:169-75. 2003To investigate whether leptin receptor (Ob-R) Arg223Gln polymorphism influences serum lipid levels and whether this polymorphism affects the efficiency of the cholesterol lowering HMG-CoA reductase inhibitor, simvastatin [Clin. Cardiol...
- Leptin, soluble leptin receptor and leptin gene polymorphism in relation to preeclampsia riskM Muy-Rivera
Center for Perinatal Studies, Swedish Medical Center, School of Public Health and Communiity Medicine, University of Washington, 747 Broadway Suite 4 North, Seattle, WA 98122, USA
Physiol Res 54:167-74. 2005Few investigators have simultaneously evaluated leptin, soluble leptin receptor (SLR) and leptin gene polymorphisms in preeclampsia cases and controls. We examined these three biomolecular markers in 40 preeclampsia cases and 39 controls...
- Genetics of leptin and obesity: a HuGE reviewValentina Paracchini
Unit of Molecular and Genetic Epidemiology, Fondazione Policlinico IRCCS, Milan, Italy
Am J Epidemiol 162:101-14. 2005..Some polymorphic genes involved in the regulation of leptin-the leptin gene (LEP A19G), the leptin receptor gene (LEPR Q223R, K109R, and K656N), and the peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gamma gene (PPARG ..
- Influence of nutritional recovery on the leptin axis in severely malnourished childrenKatja Stein
Institute of Nutrition, Friedrich Schiller University, Dornburger Strasse 24, D 07743 Jena, Germany
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 91:1021-6. 2006Leptin might be more important as a starvation hormone than as a satiety signal. The role of the soluble leptin receptor (sOB-R) and its regulation in children with protein energy malnutrition (PEM) is poorly understood.
- Increased expression of leptin and the leptin receptor as a marker of breast cancer progression: possible role of obesity-related stimuliCecilia Garofalo
Sbarro Institute for Cancer Research and Molecular Medicine, College of Science and Technology, Temple University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19122, USA
Clin Cancer Res 12:1447-53. 2006..system could become a target in breast cancer therapy, we examined the expression of leptin and its receptor (ObR) in primary and metastatic breast cancer and noncancer mammary epithelium...
- Genetic variability at the leptin receptor (LEPR) locus is a determinant of plasma fibrinogen and C-reactive protein levelsYuan Yuan Zhang
Research Division, Joslin Diabetes Center, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Atherosclerosis 191:121-7. 2007..To investigate this hypothesis, we examined the effect of genetic variability at the leptin receptor (LEPR) locus on the plasma levels of fibrinogen and CRP--two markers of inflammation and susceptibility to ..
- Effect of genetic variation in the leptin gene promoter and the leptin receptor gene on obesity risk in a population-based case-control study in SpainOlga Portoles
Genetic and Molecular Epidemiology Unit Department of Preventive Medicine and Public Health School of Medicine, University of Valencia, Avda Blasco Ibanez 15, 46010 Valencia, Spain
Eur J Epidemiol 21:605-12. 2006..In animal models, the leptin (LEP) and the leptin receptor (LEPR) genes have been shown to be very important in obesity because leptin functions as a negative feedback ..
- Leptin receptor gene polymorphisms in severely pre-eclamptic womenJanos Rigo
First Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Semmelweis University, Budapest, Hungary
Gynecol Endocrinol 22:521-5. 2006Variants of the leptin receptor gene (LEPR) may modulate the effect of elevated serum leptin levels in pre-eclampsia...
- The Gln223Arg polymorphism of the leptin receptor gene and peripheral blood/bone marrow leptin level in leukemic childrenM Wasik
Department of Laboratory Diagnostics and Clinical Immunology of Developmental Age, Warsaw Medical University, Warsaw, Poland
J Physiol Pharmacol 57:375-83. 2006..Leptin also plays a role in hematopoiesis, cell cycle regulation, and in oncogenesis. The leptin receptor is a single transmembrane protein belonging to the superfamily of cytokine receptors, structurally related to ..
- LEPR, ADBR3, IRS-1 and 5-HTT genes polymorphisms do not associate with obesityHatice Mergen
Department of Molecular Biology, Faculty of Science, Hacettepe University, Ankara, Turkey
Endocr J 54:89-94. 2007..in the following genes in 262 obese (BMI > or = 30) and 138 control (BMI < or = 25) subjects: leptin receptor (LEPR)-Gln223Arg, B3-adrenergic receptor (B3-AR)-Trp64Arg, serotonin transporter (5-HTT)--a 44-base pair ..
- Expression of leptin and leptin receptor in the testis of fertile and infertile patientsT Ishikawa
Division of Urology, Department of Organs Therapeutics, Faculty of Medicine, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, Kobe, Japan
Andrologia 39:22-7. 2007The aim of our study was to investigate the relationships between the expression of leptin, leptin receptor in the testis and spermatogenesis, and testosterone (T) concentration in infertile men...
- Body mass, polymorphisms in obesity-related genes, and the risk of developing breast cancer among women with benign breast diseaseLisa Gallicchio
Prevention and Research Center, The Weinberg Center for Women s Health and Medicine, Mercy Medical Center, 227 St Paul Place, Baltimore, MD 21202, USA
Cancer Detect Prev 31:95-101. 2007....
- Leptin concentrations, leptin receptor polymorphisms, and colorectal adenoma riskVictoria M Chia
Public Health Sciences, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA 98109 1024, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 16:2697-703. 2007..leptin concentrations and colorectal adenoma risk; in addition, we evaluated the relationship between leptin receptor polymorphisms and adenoma risk...
- Loci related to metabolic-syndrome pathways including LEPR,HNF1A, IL6R, and GCKR associate with plasma C-reactive protein: the Women's Genome Health StudyPaul M Ridker
Center for Cardiovascular Disease Prevention, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Am J Hum Genet 82:1185-92. 2008..2, and the remaining four loci are in or near the leptin receptor protein gene, the apolipoprotein E gene, the interleukin-6 receptor protein gene, or the CRP gene itself...
- Association between the Gln223Arg polymorphism of the leptin receptor and metabolic syndrome in free-living community elderlyMaria Gabriela Valle Gottlieb
Programa de Pós Graduação em Medicina e Ciências da Saúde da Pontifícia Universidade Católica do Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, Brazil
Metab Syndr Relat Disord 7:341-8. 2009..Aging and gene-environmental interactions are involved in the pathophysiology of metabolic syndrome. The LEPR gene Gln223Arg polymorphism has been associated with energy metabolism and body weight...
- LEPR p.Q223R Polymorphism influences plasma leptin levels and body mass index in Tunisian obese patientsSamir Ben Ali
Biochemistry Department, Research Laboratory LR99ES11, Rabta University Hospital, Tunis, Tunisia
Arch Med Res 40:186-90. 2009The leptin receptor (LEPR) plays a crucial role in the regulation of body weight. Several common polymorphisms have been described in the human LEPR gene including the p.Q223R polymorphism (rs1137101)...
- Common genetic variations in the LEP and LEPR genes, obesity and breast cancer incidence and survivalRebecca J Cleveland
Department of Nutrition, School of Public Health, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7461, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 120:745-52. 2010..Leptin exerts its effects through interaction with the leptin receptor (LEPR)...
- No association of LEPR Gln223Arg polymorphism with leptin, obesity or metabolic disturbances in childrenB Pyrzak
Department of Pediatrics and Endocrinology, Warsaw Medical University, Warsaw, Poland
Eur J Med Res 14:201-4. 2009The aim of the study was to investigate whether the Gln223Arg in the leptin receptor may influence body weight, leptin concentration, and metabolic parameters in children.
- The 223A>G polymorphism of the leptin receptor gene is associated with macroangiopathy in type 2 diabetes mellitusRun tao Gan
Department of Cardiology, The First Affiliated Hospital of Harbin Medical University, 23 Youzheng Str, Nangang District, Harbin, 150001, People s Republic of China
Mol Biol Rep 39:4759-64. 2012To determine whether leptin receptor (LEPR) 223A>G polymorphism has an effect on the plasma leptin levels and the macroangiopathic complications in type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM)...
- The role of leptin receptor gene polymorphisms in determining the susceptibility and prognosis of NSCLC in Chinese patientsYuliang Li
Second Affiliated Hospital of Shandong University, BeiYuan Road 247, Jinan City, 250033, Shandong Province, People s Republic of China
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 138:311-6. 2012Although the role of genetic polymorphisms of leptin receptor (LEPR) gene in several cancers has been documented, the association between polymorphisms of LEPR gene and lung cancer remains unknown.
- Novel regulatory mechanisms for generation of the soluble leptin receptor: implications for leptin actionMichael Schaab
Institute of Laboratory Medicine, Clinical Chemistry and Molecular Diagnostics, University of Leipzig, Leipzig, Germany
PLoS ONE 7:e34787. 2012The adipokine leptin realizes signal transduction via four different membrane-anchored leptin receptor (Ob-R) isoforms in humans...
- Relationship between leptin G2548A and leptin receptor Q223R gene polymorphisms and obesity and metabolic syndrome risk in Tunisian volunteersImen Boumaiza
Department of Biochemistry, UR MSP 28 04, Sahloul University Hospital, Sousse, Tunisia
Genet Test Mol Biomarkers 16:726-33. 2012..studies tried to establish the relationship between obesity and the common polymorphisms of leptin (LEP) and leptin receptor (LEPR) genes, but results were controversial...
- Synergistic effect of LEP and LEPR gene polymorphism on body mass index in a Chinese populationJin Lu
Department of Endocrinology, Changhai Hospital, Shanghai, China Electronic
Obes Res Clin Pract 7:e445-9. 2013Both leptin (LEP) and leptin receptor (LEPR) are important in the regulation of body weight...
- Novel B219/OB receptor isoforms: possible role of leptin in hematopoiesis and reproductionJ A Cioffi
Progenitor, Inc, Columbus, Ohio 43212, USA
Nat Med 2:585-9. 1996..B219/obr is expressed in the yolk sac, early fetal liver, enriched hematopoietic stem cells and in a variety of ..
- Amino acid variants in the human leptin receptor: lack of association to juvenile onset obesityS M Echwald
Steno Diabetes Center and Hagedorn Research Institute, Copenhagen, Denmark
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 233:248-52. 1997..humans may be caused by leptin resistance mediated through genetic variations in isoforms of the hypothalamic leptin receptor. One hundred and fifty-six obese Danish men with a history of juvenile onset obesity were selected at the ..
- Identification of leptin receptors in human breast cancer: functional activity in the T47-D breast cancer cell lineK Laud
Laboratoire de Biologie Cellulaire et Moleculaire, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, 78352 Jouy en Josas, Cedex, France
Mol Cell Endocrinol 188:219-26. 2002..Our results showed the expression of both leptin receptor transcripts in all tumoral tissues examined...
- Increased leptin expression in endometriosis cells is associated with endometrial stromal cell proliferation and leptin gene up-regulationMeng Hsing Wu
Institute of Clinical Medicine and Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, College of Medicine, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan 70101, Taiwan, ROC
Mol Hum Reprod 8:456-64. 2002..This study was aimed at determining whether leptin and leptin receptor expression differs in eutopic and ectopic endometria collected from laparoscopy and at investigating the ..
- The Gln223Arg polymorphism of the leptin receptor in Pima Indians: influence on energy expenditure, physical activity and lipid metabolismN Stefan
Clinical Diabetes and Nutrition Section, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Phoenix, Arizona 85016, USA
Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 26:1629-32. 2002..Recently, lower leptin binding to the soluble form of the leptin receptor (LEPR) was shown in carriers of the Arg223-encoding allele of the Gln223Arg polymorphism of the LEPR...
- Body fat mass and macronutrient intake in relation to circulating soluble leptin receptor, free leptin index, adiponectin, and resistin concentrations in healthy humansMary Yannakoulia
Department of Nutrition Dietetics, Harokopio University, 17671 Athens, Greece
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 88:1730-6. 2003The adipocyte-derived hormones leptin [which circulates in a free form and bound to a soluble leptin receptor (sOB-R)], adiponectin, and resistin play a key role in regulating energy homeostasis and metabolism...
- Leptin and leptin receptor in human seminal plasma and in human spermatozoaT Jope
Department of Dermatology, Andrological Unit, University of Leipzig, Leipzig, Germany
Int J Androl 26:335-41. 2003..01) and supports this finding. Furthermore, a soluble leptin receptor (145 kDa) was found in human seminal plasma in the same specimen...
- Leptin and leptin receptor gene polymorphisms and changes in glucose homeostasis in response to regular exercise in nondiabetic individuals: the HERITAGE family studyTimo A Lakka
Human Genomics Laboratory, Pennington Biomedical Research Center, 6400 Perkins Rd, Baton Rouge, LA 70808 4124, USA
Diabetes 53:1603-8. 2004..We tested the hypothesis that common exonic variants in the leptin (LEP) and leptin receptor (LEPR) genes modify the effects of regular physical activity on glucose homeostasis in nondiabetic whites (n =..
- Hormonal and body composition predictors of soluble leptin receptor, leptin, and free leptin index in adolescent girls with anorexia nervosa and controls and relation to insulin sensitivityMadhusmita Misra
BUL 457B, Neuroendocrine Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital, 55 Fruit Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 89:3486-95. 2004..The soluble leptin receptor (sOB-R) is the main leptin binding protein, and the ratio of serum leptin to sOB-R provides a measure of the ..
- Association analysis of the Gln223Arg polymorphism in the human leptin receptor gene, and traits related to obesity in Mexican adolescentsJ M Guízar-Mendoza
Unidad de Investigación Epidemiológica, Instituto Mexicano del Seguro Social, Guanajuato, Mexico
J Hum Hypertens 19:341-6. 2005Polymorphisms of leptin receptor (LEPR) may contribute to a common form of obesity and, as a consequence, obesity-related diseases...
- Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, obesity and energy homeostasis polymorphismsE V Willett
Epidemiology and Genetics Unit, Department of Health Sciences, Seebohm Rowntree Building, University of York, UK
Br J Cancer 93:811-6. 2005..9, 95% CI 1.3-2.8). Genetic variants in the leptin (LEP 19G > A, LEP -2548G > A) and leptin receptor genes (LEPR 223Q > R), previously shown to modulate NHL risk, as well as a polymorphism in the energy ..
- Ubiquitylation of leptin receptor OB-Ra regulates its clathrin-mediated endocytosisSandrine Belouzard
Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Unité Propre de Recherche 2511, Institut Pasteur de Lille, Lille Cedex, France
EMBO J 25:932-42. 2006..We propose that mono-ubiquitin conjugates act as internalization motifs for clathrin-dependent endocytosis of leptin receptor OB-Ra.
- Distinct impaired regulation of SOCS3 and long and short isoforms of the leptin receptor in visceral and subcutaneous fat of lean and obese womenKarin Séron
CNRS 8090 Institut de Biologie de Lille, Institut Pasteur, Lille, France
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 348:1232-8. 2006Animal studies have illustrated the importance of the expression in adipose tissue of the leptin receptor (OB-R), and of SOCS3 an inhibitor of the leptin signaling pathway, in body weight regulation...
- Common genetic variations in CCK, leptin, and leptin receptor genes are associated with specific human eating patternsMariken de Krom
Department of Pharmacology and Anatomy, Rudolf Magnus Institute of Neuroscience, University Medical Center Utrecht, The Netherlands
Diabetes 56:276-80. 2007..Obese carriers of common allelic variations in leptin or the leptin receptor gene had an increased risk to display extreme snacking behavior...
- Leptin receptor genotype at Gln223Arg is associated with body composition, BMD, and vertebral fracture in postmenopausal Danish womenUna L Fairbrother
Section of Genomic Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College London, Hammersmith Hospital, London, UK
J Bone Miner Res 22:544-50. 2007..In a population-based study of 1306 postmenopausal Danish women, nonsynonymous LEPR SNPs were associated with risk of adiposity, BMD, and vertebral fracture. Smoking exacerbates this LEPR-associated fracture risk...
- [Association among lipids, leptin and leptin receptor polymorphisms with risk of breast cancer]Cun zhi Han
Department of Etiology, Shanxi Cancer Institute, Taiyuan 030013, China
Zhonghua Liu Xing Bing Xue Za Zhi 28:136-40. 2007To evaluate the association between serum level of leptin and leptin receptor gene (LEPR) polymorphism and patients with breast cancer.
- The roles of serum leptin concentration and polymorphism in leptin receptor gene at codon 109 in breast cancerChien Liang Liu
Department of General Surgery, Mackay Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Oncology 72:75-81. 2007We investigated the relationship between serum leptin concentrations and polymorphism of the leptin receptor gene and breast cancer.
- Adaptations to climate in candidate genes for common metabolic disordersAngela M Hancock
Department of Human Genetics, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
PLoS Genet 4:e32. 2008..Nevertheless, our results are consistent with the idea that climate has been an important selective pressure acting on candidate genes for common metabolic disorders...
- Single nucleotide polymorphisms in obesity-related genes and the risk of esophageal cancersJames D Doecke
Division of Population Studies and Human Genetics, Queensland Institute of Medical Research, PO Royal Brisbane Hospital, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 17:1007-12. 2008..0 kg/m(2), 25.0-29.9 kg/m(2), >30 kg/m(2)). In conclusion, our data suggest that these SNPs do not play a major role in esophageal carcinogenesis...
- Association of leptin -2548G/A and leptin receptor Q223R polymorphisms with increased risk for oral cancerChristos Yapijakis
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, University of Athens Medical School, Kifissias and Perikleous Stavrou 9, 11524, Athens, Greece
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 135:603-12. 2009We investigated the possible association of DNA polymorphisms -2548G/A and Q223R in the leptin (LEP) and leptin receptor (LEPR) genes, respectively, which both affect the amount of circulating cytokine-type hormone leptin, with risk for ..
- Genetic variation in adipokine genes and risk of colorectal cancerSonali Pechlivanis
Division of Molecular Genetic Epidemiology C050, German Cancer Research Center DKFZ, Im Neuenheimer Feld 580, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Eur J Endocrinol 160:933-40. 2009..We hypothesized that potentially functional polymorphisms in the adipokine genes leptin (LEP), leptin receptor (LEPR), resistin (RETN), and adiponectin (ADIPOQ) may be associated with CRC.
- Inflammatory state and stress condition in weight-lowering Lys109Arg LEPR gene polymorphism carriersIztiar Abete
Department of Nutrition, Food Science, Physiology and Toxicology, University of Navarra, Pamploma, Spain
Arch Med Res 40:306-10. 2009Carrying variants on the leptin receptor gene (LEPR) may have an impact on inflammatory and stress markers...
- Leptin and its receptor are overexpressed in brain tumors and correlate with the degree of malignancyMirko Riolfi
Sbarro Institute for Cancer Research and Molecular Medicine, Temple University, Philadelphia, PA 19122, USA
Brain Pathol 20:481-9. 2010Although leptin and its receptor (ObR) have emerged as important cancer biomarkers, the role of the leptin system in brain tumor development remains unknown...
- Leptin G-2548A and leptin receptor Q223R gene polymorphisms are not associated with obesity in Romanian subjectsAlina Constantin
Department of Vascular Dysfunctions in Diabetes and Obesity, Institute of Cellular Biology and Pathology Nicolae Simionescu, Bucharest, Romania
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 391:282-6. 2010We aimed to investigate whether polymorphisms LEP G-2548A and LEPR Q223R in the human leptin (LEP), and leptin receptor (LEPR) genes are associated with obesity and metabolic traits in a sample of Romanian population...
- The Q223R polymorphism in LEPR is associated with obesity in Pacific IslandersTakuro Furusawa
Asian Studies Network ASNET, Division for International Relations, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Hum Genet 127:287-94. 2010..of the leptin gene (LEP), G-2548A (rs7799039), and two non-synonymous single nucleotide polymorphisms of the leptin receptor gene (LEPR), K109R (rs1137100) and Q223R (rs1137101), with body weight, body mass index (BMI) and obesity (..
- Leptin exacerbates sepsis-mediated morbidity and mortalityNathan I Shapiro
Center for Vascular Biology Research, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
J Immunol 185:517-24. 2010..endotoxemia and cecal ligation puncture models of sepsis, we observed elevated levels of leptin and soluble leptin receptor (sLR)...
- Association between variants of the leptin receptor gene (LEPR) and overweight: a systematic review and an analysis of the CoLaus studyNicole Bender
Institute of Social and Preventive Medicine, University of Bern, Bern, Switzerland
PLoS ONE 6:e26157. 2011Three non-synonymous single nucleotide polymorphisms (Q223R, K109R and K656N) of the leptin receptor gene (LEPR) have been tested for association with obesity-related outcomes in multiple studies, showing inconclusive results...
- Leptin receptor is induced in endometriosis and leptin stimulates the growth of endometriotic epithelial cells through the JAK2/STAT3 and ERK pathwaysHoon Kyu Oh
Departments of Pathology, School of Medicine, Catholic University of Daegu, Daegu, Republic of Korea
Mol Hum Reprod 19:160-8. 2013..This study investigated the expression of the leptin receptor (ObR) in endometrioma tissues and immortalized endometriotic cells, and the effect of leptin on cell growth...
- Effect of the leptin receptor Q223R polymorphism on the host transcriptome following infection with Entamoeba histolyticaNicole M Mackey-Lawrence
Department of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases and International Health, University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Infect Immun 81:1460-70. 2013Resistance to amebiasis is associated with a polymorphism in the leptin receptor. Previous studies demonstrated that humans with the ancestral Q223 leptin receptor allele were nearly four times less likely to be infected with Entamoeba ..
- Leptin receptor gene variation and obesity: lack of association in a white British male populationT Gotoda
MRC Clinical Sciences Centre, Royal Postgraduate Medical School, Hammersmith Hospital, London, UK
Hum Mol Genet 6:869-76. 1997..Rodents with mutations in the leptin receptor gene develop morbid obesity...
- Divergent signaling capacities of the long and short isoforms of the leptin receptorC Bjørbaek
Department of Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
J Biol Chem 272:32686-95. 1997..Although substantially weaker than OBRl, OBRs is capable of mediating signal transduction via JAK, but these activities are of as yet unknown significance for leptin biology in vivo...
- A single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) in the leptin receptor is associated with BMI, fat mass and leptin levels in postmenopausal Caucasian womenN D Quinton
Biomedical Research Centre, Sheffield Hallam University, UK
Hum Genet 108:233-6. 2001..These observations indicate that functional variations in the leptin receptor gene are important factors in the regulation of adiposity and BMI.
- Leptin receptor gene polymorphisms are associated with insulin in obese women with impaired glucose toleranceM Wauters
Department of Endocrinology, Metabolism, and Clinical Nutrition, University Hospital Antwerp, Belgium
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 86:3227-32. 2001..Leptin inhibits especially the glucose-stimulated insulin secretion from pancreatic cells. The leptin receptor (LEPR) gene could thus play a role in the regulation of glucose and insulin after an oral glucose load...
- Association analysis of genes involved in the leptin-signaling pathway with obesity in BrazilV S Mattevi
Genetics Department, Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, Brazil
Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 26:1179-85. 2002..To investigate associations of polymorphisms in the LEP, LEPR and NPY genes with obesity-related traits in a Brazilian population of European descent...
- Association of leptin receptor polymorphism with insulin resistanceKen C Chiu
Division of Clinical Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine, Department of Medicine, UCLA School of Medicine, University of California Los Angeles, 924 Westwood Boulevard 335, Los Angeles, CA 90024, USA
Eur J Endocrinol 150:725-9. 2004Although the role of the leptin receptor (LEPR) in obesity is well recognized, its role in insulin sensitivity remains unknown.
- Body mass index, leptin and leptin receptor polymorphisms, and non-hodgkin lymphomaChristine F Skibola
Division of Environmental Health Sciences, School of Public Health, 140 Earl Warren Hall, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720 7360, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 13:779-86. 2004....
- Genetic variation in the leptin receptor gene and obesity in survivors of childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia: a report from the Childhood Cancer Survivor StudyJulie A Ross
Division of Pediatric Epidemiology and Clinical Research, Department of Pediatrics, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
J Clin Oncol 22:3558-62. 2004..Because radiation at a young age may affect the hypothalamus causing leptin receptor insensitivity, we hypothesized that a polymorphism in the leptin receptor (LEPR) gene, Gln223Arg, might ..
- Leptin receptor activation depends on critical cysteine residues in its fibronectin type III subdomainsLennart Zabeau
Department of Medical Protein Research, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Flanders Interuniversity Institute for Biotechnology, VIB09, Ghent University, Belgium
J Biol Chem 280:22632-40. 2005The leptin receptor (LR) complex is composed of a single subunit belonging to the class I cytokine receptor family and exists as a preformed complex...
- The leptin receptor system of human plateletsG Giandomenico
Department of Cell Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
J Thromb Haemost 3:1042-9. 2005..study examines the effect of leptin on human platelets, and provides initial insights into the nature of the leptin receptor on these platelets...
- Genetic variation in leptin receptor gene is associated with type 2 diabetes and body weight: The Finnish Diabetes Prevention StudyT Salopuro
Department of Clinical Nutrition and Food and Health Research Center, University of Kuopio, Kuopio, Finland
Int J Obes (Lond) 29:1245-51. 2005Genetic variation in leptin receptor (LEPR) gene has been reported to associate with insulin and glucose metabolism and adiposity in different study settings and various populations...
- Polymorphisms in the leptin receptor (LEPR)--putative association with obesity and T2DMKyong Soo Park
Genome Research Center for Diabetes and Endocrine Disease, Clinical Research Institute, Seoul National University Hospital, Department of Internal Medicine, Seoul National University College of Medicine, 110 744 Seoul, Korea
J Hum Genet 51:85-91. 2006..Leptin controls energy balance and food intake through the leptin receptor in the hypothalamus of the brain, which suggests that some polymorphisms of the leptin receptor gene (LEPR) ..
- Leptin and leptin receptor polymorphisms are associated with increased risk and poor prognosis of breast carcinomaKaouther Snoussi
Laboratoire d Immuno Oncologie Moleculaire, Faculte de medecine de Monastir, Universite de Monastir, Tunisia
BMC Cancer 6:38. 2006..Leptin exerts its physiological action through its specific receptor (LEPR). We have investigated whether genetic variations in LEP and LEPR have implications for susceptibility to and prognosis in breast carcinoma...
- Barry E Levin; Fiscal Year: 2015..We will utilize these rats, as well as LepRbEGFP mice in which neurons expressing the leptin receptor (Lepr-b) have a fluorescent tag and ob/ob mice without leptin and db/db mice with defective leptin signaling, ..
- Lawrence P Reagan; Fiscal Year: 2016..This leptin resistance may be related to a combination of decreased leptin BBB transport and reduced leptin receptor (LepR) signaling...
- Role of leptin-mediated PI3 Kinase signaling on reproductive controlCarol Fuzeti Elias; Fiscal Year: 2013..Obesity and diabetes can also negatively affect fertility. Thus, it is hoped that our studies may open new fronts for the understanding and for further treatment of reproductive deficits caused by metabolic dysfunctions. ..
- Abba J Kastin; Fiscal Year: 2014..The results will be compared with those from astrocyte specific leptin receptor knockout mice, and after pretreatment with the astrocyte inhibitor fluorocitrate...
- Sensory Controls of Hyperphagia in ObesityGary Schwartz; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Obese diabetic (type II) mouse model without leptin/leptin-receptor defectsRichard G Peterson; Fiscal Year: 2013..4) Confirm the model's responsiveness to dietary manipulation to maintain the pre-diabetic state as well as to accelerate the progression to frank diabetes. ..
- Orexin and Leptin Regulation of Feeding and Addictive Behavior in the VTAMichael Scott; Fiscal Year: 2010..The study findings will provide valuble information with which to develop treatment strategies for the prevention of drug use and consumption of calorie dense food. ..
- Orexin and Leptin Regulation of Feeding and Addictive Behavior in the VTAMichael Scott; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- Margaret B Allison; Fiscal Year: 2014..At the completion of these studies we hope to gain critical insight into the mechanisms of leptin action in the central nervous system. ..
- LEPTIN RECEPTOR AND THE OBESITY/DIABETES SYNDROMEStreamson C Chua; Fiscal Year: 2010..Leptin circulates and has direct actions in the brain and skeletal muscle by binding to the B isoform of leptin receptor (LEPR-B)...
- Abba J Kastin; Fiscal Year: 2014..by applicant): In the third grant cycle of "leptin transport across the BBB", we will focus on the role of leptin receptor (ObR)-positive astrocytes in relaying leptin from blood to the CNS after crossing the blood-brain barrier (..
- Virginia D Winn; Fiscal Year: 2014..not differentially expressed in our PE microarray data suggesting that Siglec-6 may serve as the critical leptin receptor in PE...
- The Significance of Leptin Signals to Neonatal Somatotropes and GonadotropesGwen V Childs; Fiscal Year: 2013..This proposal thus addresses important questions about how leptin can affect reproductive competence at the level of the pituitary. ..
- Carol Fuzeti Elias; Fiscal Year: 2016..In addition, we will also assess the requirement of leptin signaling in both (PMV and Kiss1) neuronal population (Aim3) for the full rescue of the infertility phenotype of LepR null mice. ..
- Xin Yun Lu; Fiscal Year: 2016..infusion of leptin into the hippocampus produces antidepressant-like effects, and ablation of the functional leptin receptor, LepRb, in this brain region induces depressive-like behaviors, suggesting an essential role of LepRb in the ..
- Leptin Transport across the BBB: The Role of ObR (+) astrocytesAbba J Kastin; Fiscal Year: 2010..third grant cycle of [unreadable]leptin transport across the BBB[unreadable], we will focus on the role of leptin receptor (ObR)- positive astrocytes in relaying leptin from blood to the CNS by crossing the blood-brain barrier (BBB)...
- ELIZABETH ANNE GRICE; Fiscal Year: 2014..Furthermore, implementation of the proposed career development plan and completion of these aims will establish the foundation necessary for me to embark on a career as an independent investigator. ..
- C Robert Horsburgh; Fiscal Year: 2016..Levofloxacin will be administered with an optimized background regimen (OBR) to address the following Specific Aims: Specific Aim 1: To determine the levofloxacin AUC/MIC that provides the ..
- Predictors of Adult LeukemiaJulie Ross; Fiscal Year: 2009..The significance of this proposal, specifically with respect-to the identification of possible prevention strategies for adult AML, has important public health implications. ..
- Abnormal Energy Homeostasis in ALSRobert Kalb; Fiscal Year: 2009..neuron disease of mutant SOD mice prevented or slowed by genetically reducing basal metabolic rate? The Leptin-ObR signaling system controls food intake and basal metabolic rate...
- LEPTIN, IGFS AND COLORECTAL ADENOMA CANCER RISKPolly Newcomb; Fiscal Year: 2005..circulating leptin, IGF-1 and IGFBP-3 levels and colorectal adenoma risk, 2) assess the association between leptin receptor (LEPR) and IGFBP-3 polymorphisms and colorectal adenomas, and 3) examine the genotype-phenotype relationships ..
- Study of Leptin Receptor Deficiency in FatAllan Zhao; Fiscal Year: 2007..We believe that these studies will provide a possible molecular linkage between adipocyte-selective leptin receptor deficiency and type 2 diabetes.
- GENETIC AND PATHOLOGIC ALTERATIONS IN MURINE DIABETESRichard Quigg; Fiscal Year: 2001..dependent DM characterized by obesity and insulin resistance due to a single nucleotide substitution in the leptin receptor gene (Lepr)...
- Electrophysiological Analysis of Leptin ActionAARON ROSEBERRY; Fiscal Year: 2004..Mice lacking leptin or a functional leptin receptor (ObR) are grossly obese and show other physiological defects, and leptin administration to mice leads to a ..
- New Insights into Animals Models of DiabetesEdward Leiter; Fiscal Year: 2003..The meeting is planned for 200 participants. Because of limited seating capacity in The Jackson Laboratory's auditorium, the meeting venue will be the Bar Harbor Regency Hotel, where participants will be housed and fed. ..
- NEW MOUSE MODELS OF DIABESITYEdward Leiter; Fiscal Year: 2002..Collectively, these studies will permit genetic and metabolic characterization of key events in the transition from simple obesity to diabesity in thee novel mouse models. ..
- GENETICS AND PATHOLOGY OF NON-OBESE DIABETIC (NOD) MICEEdward Leiter; Fiscal Year: 2005..These latter investigations are of particular importance in view of an ongoing NIDDK trial to prevent T1D in humans deemed at high risk by oral insulin treatment. ..
- PATHOGENESIS OF AUTOIMMUNE DIABETES IN MICEEdward Leiter; Fiscal Year: 2004..Understanding the contributions of diabetes modifying genes in the extended mouse MIHC may identify human HLA orthologs whose presence has recently been established. ..
- Peptide Derivatives to treat Urinary Tract InfectionsLaszlo Otvos; Fiscal Year: 2003..Our hope is that by the end of the grant period, we will be able to provide a pyrrhocoricin-derived peptide for ensuing US Food and Drug Administration-approved preclinical and clinical evaluation against urinary tract infections. ..
- Low-cost, portable, computer assisted imaging for diabe*Michael Abramoff; Fiscal Year: 2008..Our overall aim is to validate and optimize a low-cost, high quality, patient friendly imaging system for the early diagnosis of diabetic retinopathy. ..
- Transport of neurotrophic cytokines after spinal cord injuryWeihong Pan; Fiscal Year: 2007..Understanding the mechanisms of cytokine transport at this regulatory interface would help in the design of new approaches to treat SCI. ..
- Role of inositol trisphosphate in preconditioningKarin Przyklenk; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Surgical Wound Repair: Role of A Neuroendothelial AxisNICOLE SIMONE GIBRAN; Fiscal Year: 2010..We will employ siRNA to deplete neuropeptide receptors on endothelial cells to further define neural modulation of endothelial cell inflammatory responses, migration and proliferation. ..
- A Genome-Wide Association Study of Non-Hodgkin LymphomaChristine F Skibola; Fiscal Year: 2010..The data generated from this study will provide a framework for further investigation within the NHL consortium, InterLymph. Results will later be combined with that from other InterLymph case-control studies in pooled analyses. ..
- Gene Amplification-Sciarid DNA PuffsSUSAN GERBI; Fiscal Year: 2006..Information gained from the unique Sciara system should behelpful in understanding the mechanisms used by metazoa to specify an origin and to regulate its activation. ..
- Ambient Air Pollution, Preeclampsia, and Preterm DeliveryMichelle Williams; Fiscal Year: 2008..The results could also contribute to the body of heath-related science that influences air quality standards and policies. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Cellular Basis for Non-Parallel Gonadotropin ReleaseGwen Childs; Fiscal Year: 2005..An understanding of mechanisms that selectively regulate gene expression in these cells will provide important information about how fertility is regulated. ..
- ENERGY HOMEOSTASIS IN HUMAN OBESITYRudolph Leibel; Fiscal Year: 2001..The goal is to identify the cellular and molecular mechanism(s) responsible for the changes in energy metabolism which accompany weight perturbation. ..
- FOUR-CORNERS BREAST AND ENDOMETRIAL CANCER STUDYMARTHA OR MARTY SLATTERY; Fiscal Year: 2003..C-peptide, glycosylated hemoglobin, IGF-1, and IGFBP3 will be evaluated with respect to breast and endometrial cancer in a subset of women. ..
- Leptin and Neuroendocrine Gene Regulation in ObesityJudith Korner; Fiscal Year: 2005..in the hypothalamus that encode anorectic and orexigenic peptides, and their interactions with the leptin-leptin receptor axis...
- Conference on ObesityRudolph Leibel; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Biogenesis of Eukaryotic RibosomesSUSAN GERBI; Fiscal Year: 2004..The proposed studies should elucidate the importance of dynamic RNA-RNA interactions during ribosome biogenesis, a fundamental process essential for cell growth and viability. ..
- Growth Factors and Colon CancerMARTHA OR MARTY SLATTERY; Fiscal Year: 2006..This study builds on a unique existing resource to study genetic and environmental associations with colorectal cancer. It will provide insight into colon cancer etiology and therefore avenues to disease prevention. ..
- A PROSPECTIVE STUDY OF ALASKA NATIVES & AMERICAN INDIANSMARTHA OR MARTY SLATTERY; Fiscal Year: 2006..The AIAN cohort will serve as a resource to enhance research and training activities of AIAN students interested in health research, health education, and general public health. ..
- DIET AND SOMATIC MUTATIONS IN COLON CANCERMARTHA OR MARTY SLATTERY; Fiscal Year: 2007..e. p53, K-ras, and microsatellite instability). Differences in colon and rectal tumors will be compared. Additionally data from rectal tumors will be combined with that from colon tumors to define disease pathways. ..
- Leptin Production and Action in AdipocytesYiying Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2007..Adenovirus-mediated gene transfer will be used to modify leptin receptor function or the rate of leptin production in cultured preadipocytes, which will then be implanted in athymic ..
- Transport of TNFalpha across the BBBWeihong Pan; Fiscal Year: 2008..These transporters could be novel drug targets and therefore provide promising therapeutic potential. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Aging, Adenosine and Platelet-Mediated ThrombosisKarin Przyklenk; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- SECONDARY PREVENTION TRIAL OF VENOUS THROMBOSISPaul Ridker; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- THROMBOTIC, INFLAMMATORY & GENE MARKERS OF CVD IN WOMENPaul Ridker; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- NEUROTROPHIN 3 IN NEURONAL INJURY AND DISEASEDouglas Wright; Fiscal Year: 2002..Results from these studies will define new biological actions of NT-3 and reveal how manipulation of the trophic support of neurons may be useful to treat pathologic neural conditions. ..
- GENES CAUSING SPONTANEOUS OBESITYCraig Warden; Fiscal Year: 2002..They have already found that spretus and B6 UCP2 differ for 2 amino acids, so uncoupling activity of UCP2 from these strains will be examined. ..
- FLOW SHEAR INDUCED NF-KB MEDIATED REGULATIONSumathy Mohan; Fiscal Year: 2003..Understanding of NF- kappaB signaling mechanisms in VCAM-1 regulation can also be applied to other inflammatory conditions. ..
- Role of Acetaldehyde in Alcoholic CardiomyopathyJun Ren; Fiscal Year: 2008..Our long-term goal is to establish the toxic mechanism of acetaldehyde in the development of alcoholic cardiomyopathy so that prevention and treatment can be optimized [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- IGF-1, Oxidative Stress and Cardiovascular AgingJun Ren; Fiscal Year: 2002..Our long-term goal is to establish the causal link among IGF-1 deficiency, enhanced oxidative damage and ventricular dysfunction in the progression of cardiovascular aging so that hormonal or antioxidant therapy can be optimized...
- RAPID ISOLATION OF DIET-RESPONSIVE OBESITY GENESCraig Warden; Fiscal Year: 2009..We believe that this study offers the opportunity to identify a gene causing maternal effects on obesity, as well as three other obesity genes, by using well characterized congenic mouse strains. ..
- Leptin and Neuroendocrine Gene Regulation in ObesityJudith Korner; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Regulation of Leptin Production by GonadotropesGwen Childs; Fiscal Year: 2005..These feasibility studies will thus provide information that will allow us to design future experiments for full funding. ..
- Preconditioning Improves Coronary PatencyKarin Przyklenk; Fiscal Year: 2007..The resulting mechanistic insights may, ultimately, be exploited in the future design of novel therapies for the clinical treatment of recurrent thrombosis. ..
- Mesenchymal cells in surgical wound healingNicole Gibran; Fiscal Year: 2008..3. To determine whether bone marrow-derived MSC can reverse diabetes impaired wound healing. 4. To determine whether bone marrow-derived MSC are critical for wound healing. ..
- Positional cloning of obesity genes from congenic miceCraig H Warden; Fiscal Year: 2010..The long term outcome is that we will identify at least one novel and strong and plausible obesity gene. ..
- The Epidemiology of Marine Fatty Acids and PreeclampsiaMichelle Williams; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- CNS Action of Appetite Suppressant AminosterolRexford S Ahima; Fiscal Year: 2010..Understanding of the central neuronal actions MSI-1436 may elucidate novel targets for the treatment of obesity and related diseases. ..
- Diabetic Neuropathy: Implications for Wound RepairNicole Gibran; Fiscal Year: 2006..We will also test the effects of antioxidants in this murine wound model. [unreadable] [unreadable]..