Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: LAT2
Description: linker for activation of T-cells family member 2
Alias: HSPC046, LAB, NTAL, WBSCR15, WBSCR5, WSCR5, linker for activation of T-cells family member 2, Williams-Beuren syndrome chromosomal region 15 protein, Williams-Beuren syndrome chromosomal region 5 protein, linker for activation of B-cells, linker for activation of T cells, transmembrane adaptor 2, membrane-associated adapter molecule, non-T-cell activation linker
Publications173 found, 100 shown here
- Identification of genes from a 500-kb region at 7q11.23 that is commonly deleted in Williams syndrome patientsL R Osborne
Department of Genetics, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Genomics 36:328-36. 1996..LIMK1 and WSCR1 may be particularly relevant when explaining cognitive defects observed in WS patients...
- Comparative genomic sequence analysis of the Williams syndrome region (LIMK1-RFC2) of human chromosome 7q11.23D W Martindale
Department of Biology, Centre for Environmental Health, P O Box 3020, University of Victoria, Victoria, British Columbia, V8W 3N5 Canada
Mamm Genome 11:890-8. 2000..Evidence was also found for WBSCR5 in this region, but not the previously proposed genes WSCR2 and WSCR6...
- Effects of corn oil, time-related changes, and inter-laboratory variability on tumor occurrence in control Fischer 344 (F344/N) ratsJ K Haseman
Division of Biometry and Risk Assessment, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709
Toxicol Pathol 20:52-60. 1992..control data are to be utilized in the interpretation of experimental results, primary emphasis should be given to lab and route of administration-specific tumor rates for studies that are contemporary to the study under evaluation...
- [Rapid detection of Escherichia coli 0157:H7 in feces by latex agglutination and immunochromatographic assay]M Komatsu
Department of Clinical Pathology, Tenri Hospital
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 71:1124-30. 1997The rapid detection method of Escherichia coli O157 in feces by using the latex agglutination test kit (Prolex; Pro Lab Diagnostics) and the immunochromatic assay kit (NOW EH. E. coli; Binax) was studied...
- Intra-articular fractures of the distal end of the radius treated with an adjustable fixator systemR M Zanotti
Section of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Michigan Hospitals, Ann Arbor 48109 0328, USA
J Hand Surg Am 22:428-40. 1997..in 16 adults (mean age, 34 years) were treated with the Wrist Jack external fixator system (Hand Biomechanics Lab, Sacramento, CA) and evaluated at a mean follow-up period of 25 months...
- Nightcap: a home-based sleep monitoring systemA Mamelak
Laboratory of Neurophysiology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115
Sleep 12:157-66. 1989..Four subjects were monitored in the sleep lab with both our headgear and standard polysomnography...
- Identification of a novel system L amino acid transporter structurally distinct from heterodimeric amino acid transportersEllappan Babu
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Kyorin University School of Medicine, 6 20 2 Shinkawa, Mitaka, Tokyo 181 8611, Japan
J Biol Chem 278:43838-45. 2003..Distinct from already known system L transporters LAT1 and LAT2, which form heterodimeric complex with 4F2 heavy chain, LAT3 was functional by itself in Xenopus oocytes...
- [Little known activity of the Czestochowa typhus Institute in 1943 and 1944]P Aramowicz
Katedra Historii Medycyny i Farmacji, Wierzbowa
Arch Hist Filoz Med 59:85-90. 1996..plant employed there being no data left but according to employees still alive there must have been about a hundred lab. staff and two hundred feeders. The plant was divided into "breeding", "preparatory" and "liofilisation" sections...
- Identification and characterization of a Na(+)-independent neutral amino acid transporter that associates with the 4F2 heavy chain and exhibits substrate selectivity for small neutral D- and L-amino acidsY Fukasawa
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Kyorin University School of Medicine, 6 20 2 Shinkawa, Mitaka, Tokyo 181 8611, Japan
J Biol Chem 275:9690-8. 2000..homology (66% identity at the amino acid level) to the Na(+)-independent broad scope neutral amino acid transporter LAT2 (Segawa, H., Fukasawa, Y., Miyamoto, K., Takeda, E., Endou, H., and Kanai, Y. (1999) J. Biol. Chem...
- The rape exam: beyond the hospital emergency roomP Y Martin
Florida State University School of Social Work, Tallahassee 32306
Women Health 12:5-28. 1987..2), a nonhospital-based SATC, a proprietary OB/GYN clinic, a medical examiner's office, and a law enforcement crime lab. Open-ended interviews indicate that major problems with hospitals as exam sites stem from physicians' dislike of ..
- Sleep in the laboratory and sleep at home: comparisons of older insomniacs and normal sleepersJ D Edinger
Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27705, USA
Sleep 20:1119-26. 1997..e. lab and home)...
- Characterization of the system L amino acid transporter in T24 human bladder carcinoma cellsDo Kyung Kim
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Kyorin University School of Medicine, 6 20 2 Shinkawa, Tokyo 181 8611, Mitaka, Japan
Biochim Biophys Acta 1565:112-21. 2002..membrane together with its associating protein 4F2hc, whereas T24 cells do not express the other system L isoform LAT2. The uptake of [14C]L-leucine by T24 cells is Na(+)-independent and almost completely inhibited by system L ..
- Full polysomnography in the homeJ M Fry
Hahnemann School of Medicine, Allegheny University of the Health Sciences, Philadelphia, Pa. 19129, USA
Sleep 21:635-42. 1998..However, patients reported more sleep time and a better overall test experience in the lab. Assessments of sleep quality and morning alertness compared to usual were rated higher in the lab...
- Functional characterization of two S-nitroso-L-cysteine transporters, which mediate movement of NO equivalents into vascular cellsSheng Li
Department of Pharmacology and Cancer Biology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 292:C1263-71. 2007..that uptake increased only when both 4F2 heavy chain (4F2HC) and either L-type amino acid transporter 1 (LAT1) or LAT2 light chain were coexpressed...
- [Diagnostic focus on the child with epilepsy and neuropsychological deterioration]A C Rodríguez-Barrionuevo
Hospital Materno Infantil, Unidad de Neuropediatria, Carlos Haya, Malaga, Espana
Rev Neurol 26:322-30. 1998..the diagnosis of the hereditary metabolic and heredodegeneratives diseases can be made by the characteristics of the seizures but in most cases the diagnosis will be established by the symptoms of the basic disease and the lab data.
- Involvement of LAT1 and LAT2 in the high- and low-affinity transport of L-leucine in human retinal pigment epithelial cells (ARPE-19 cells)Atsushi Yamamoto
Department of Pharmaceutics, Graduate School of Medicine and Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Toyama, 2630 Sugitani, Toyama 930 0194, Japan
J Pharm Sci 99:2475-82. 2010System L, which is encoded by LAT1 and LAT2, is an amino acid transport system that transports neutral amino acids, including several essential amino acids in an Na+-independent manner...
- Identification of stereoselective transporters for S-nitroso-L-cysteine: role of LAT1 and LAT2 in biological activity of S-nitrosothiolsSheng Li
Department of Pharmacology and Cancer Biology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
J Biol Chem 280:20102-10. 2005..To show that system L family members mediate uptake, we expressed two members, LAT1 and LAT2, in Xenopus oocytes...
- A study of L-leucine, L-phenylalanine and L-alanine transport in the perfused rat mammary gland: possible involvement of LAT1 and LAT2D B Shennan
Hannah Research Institute, Ayr Scotland, UK
Biochim Biophys Acta 1564:133-9. 2002..Lactating rat mammary tissue was found to express both LAT1 and LAT2 mRNA...
- High- and low-affinity transport of L-leucine and L-DOPA by the hetero amino acid exchangers LAT1 and LAT2 in LLC-PK1 renal cellsPatricio Soares-da-Silva
Institute of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, Faculty of Medicine, 4200 319 Porto, Portugal
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 287:F252-61. 2004..05) by L-cysteine, L-leucine, BCH, and L-DOPA but not by L-arginine. RT-PCR detected LAT1 and LAT2 transcripts in LLC-PK1 cells...
- Basolateral aromatic amino acid transporter TAT1 (Slc16a10) functions as an efflux pathwayTamara Ramadan
Institute of Physiology and Centre for Integrative Human Physiology ZIHP, University of Zurich, Winterthurerstrasse, Zurich, Switzerland
J Cell Physiol 206:771-9. 2006..The best characterized basolateral amino acid transporters are y+LAT1-4F2hc and LAT2-4F2hc that function as obligatory exchangers and thus, do not contribute to net amino acid (re)absorption...
- Cloning and gene silencing of LAT2, the L-3,4-dihydroxyphenylalanine (L-DOPA) transporter, in pig renal LLC-PK1 epithelial cellsPatricio Soares-da-Silva
Institute of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, Faculty of Medicine, 4200 Porto, Portugal
FASEB J 18:1489-98. 2004Organ-specific overexpression of type 2 L-amino acid transporter (LAT2) in the kidney of the spontaneous hypertensive rat (SHR), accompanied by an enhanced ability to take up L-DOPA, may constitute the basis for the enhanced renal ..
- [Randomized, comparative study on the treatment of moderate arterial hypertension during pregnancy: methyldopa, acebutolol, labetalol]H Lardoux
Service de cardiologie, , Corbeil-Essonnes
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 81:137-40. 1988..antihypertensive sequence was to compare a betablocker with sympathomimetic activity (ACE) and an alphabetablocker (LAB) to the gold standard treatment (MD) in moderate HDP (BP greater than 90 mmHg)...
- System L-amino acid transporters are differently expressed in rat astrocyte and C6 glioma cellsDo Kyung Kim
Department of Oral Physiology, Chosun University College of Dentistry, 375 Seosuk dong, Dong Gu, Gwangju, 501 759, South Korea
Neurosci Res 50:437-46. 2004..The rat astrocyte cultures expressed the l-type amino acid transporter 2 (LAT2) with its subunit 4F2hc, whereas the l-type amino acid transporter 1 (LAT1) was not expressed in these cells...
- Hyperammonemia increases the expression and activity of the glutamine/arginine transporter y+ LAT2 in rat cerebral cortex: implications for the nitric oxide/cGMP pathwayMagdalena Zielinska
Department of Neurotoxicology, Mossakowski Medical Research Centre, Polish Academy of Sciences, Pawinskiego 5 Str, 02 106 Warsaw, Poland
Neurochem Int 58:190-5. 2011..study we demonstrate that a 3-day HA in the ammonium acetate model increases the expression in the brain of y(+)LAT2, the heteromeric transporter which preferentially stimulates Arg efflux from the cells in exchange for Gln...
- L-leucine transport in human breast cancer cells (MCF-7 and MDA-MB-231): kinetics, regulation by estrogen and molecular identity of the transporterD B Shennan
Hannah Research Institute, Ayr, Scotland, KA6 5HL, UK
Biochim Biophys Acta 1664:206-16. 2004..Quantitative real-time PCR revealed that LAT1 mRNA was approximately 200 times more abundant than LAT2 mRNA in MCF-7 cells and confirmed that MDA-MB-231 cells express LAT1 but not LAT2 mRNA...
- Alanine metabolism, transport, and cycling in the brainStefan Broer
School of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Australian National University, Acton, Canberra ACT, Australia
J Neurochem 102:1758-70. 2007..Alanine uptake into astrocytes was largely mediated by system L isoform LAT2, whereas alanine uptake into neurons was mediated by Na(+)-dependent transporters with properties similar to system ..
- Nocturnal cluster headache associated with sleep apnea. A case reportP Buckle
Section of Respiratory Diseases, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Canada
Sleep 16:487-9. 1993..Following investigation in the sleep lab he was found to have obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) with associated oxygen desaturations during rapid eye movement (..
- Functional and molecular characteristics of system L in human breast cancer cellsD B Shennan
Hannah Research Institute, Ayr, Scotland KA6 5HL, UK
Biochim Biophys Acta 1611:81-90. 2003..MDA-MB-231 and MCF-7 cells expressed LAT1 and CD98 mRNA. MCF-7 cells also expressed LAT2 mRNA...
- The dopamine precursor L-dihydroxyphenylalanine is transported by the amino acid transporters rBAT and LAT2 in renal cortexHENRY QUINONES
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 8856, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 287:F74-80. 2004..yielded l-DOPA uptake significantly above water-injected controls the rBAT/b(0,+)AT dimer (rBAT) and the LAT2/4F2 dimer (LAT2)...
- Reabsorption of neutral amino acids mediated by amino acid transporter LAT2 and TAT1 in the basolateral membrane of proximal tubuleSun Young Park
Department of Pediatrics, Kwangju Christian Hospital, Gwangju 503 715, Korea
Arch Pharm Res 28:421-32. 2005..Therefore, LAT2 and TAT1 play essential roles in the reabsorption of neutral amino acids from the epithelial cells to the blood ..
- Recycling of aromatic amino acids via TAT1 allows efflux of neutral amino acids via LAT2-4F2hc exchangerTamara Ramadan
Zurich Centre for Integrative Human Physiology, University of Zurich, Winterthurerstrasse 190, 8057, Zurich, Switzerland
Pflugers Arch 454:507-16. 2007..Because LAT2-4F2hc (Slc7a8-Slc3a2), the best known basolateral neutral amino acid transporter of these epithelial cells, ..
- Dietary protein quality and feed restriction influence abundance of nutrient transporter mRNA in the small intestine of broiler chicksElizabeth R Gilbert
Department of Animal and Poultry Sciences, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, VA 24061, USA
J Nutr 138:262-71. 2008..amino acid transporter 3 (EAAT3), Na+-independent cationic and Na+-dependent neutral amino acid transporter (y+ LAT2), and Na+-independent cationic amino acid transporter 2 (CAT2)], glucose transporter [Na+-dependent glucose and ..
- Regulation of system x(c)(-)activity and expression in astrocytes by interleukin-1β: implications for hypoxic neuronal injuryNicole A Jackman
Department of Neuroscience, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, Connecticut 06030 3401, USA
Glia 58:1806-15. 2010..IL-1β does not regulate the light chain of the amino acid transporter, LAT2, or the expression and function of astrocytic excitatory amino acid transporters (EAATs), demonstrating some target ..
- [Actigraphy: methodological limits for evaluation of sleep stages and sleep structure of healthy probands]R Conradt
Schlafmedizinisches Labor der Medizinischen Poliklinik,
Pneumologie 51:721-4. 1997..6 +/- 3.3 kg/m2 participated in the study. All subjects were recorded in the sleep lab via cardiorespiratory polysomnography and wrist actigraphy (Ambulatory Monitoring, Ardsley, USA) worn on the non-..
- CD98 and intracellular adhesion molecule I regulate the activity of amino acid transporter LAT-2 in polarized intestinal epitheliaXia Liu
Department of Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
J Biol Chem 278:23672-7. 2003..L. (2001) J. Biol. Chem. 276, 39282-39289). In the present study we examined the interaction of CD98/LAT2 with intracellular adhesion molecule I (ICAM-1) and the potential of such interaction on the activation of ..
- Establishment and characterization of mammalian cell lines stably expressing human L-type amino acid transportersEmiko Morimoto
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Kyorin University School of Medicine, Japan
J Pharmacol Sci 108:505-16. 2008..Previously, we identified two isoforms of transporters: L-type amino acid transporter 1 (LAT1) and 2 (LAT2) and revealed their distinct substrate selectivity and transport properties...
- Vacuolin-1-modulated exocytosis and cell resealing in mast cellsGouse M Shaik
Laboratory of Signal Transduction, Institute of Molecular Genetics, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Prague, Czech Republic
Cell Signal 21:1337-45. 2009..Furthermore, our results support the concept that lysosomal exocytosis is involved in the repair of injured plasma membranes...
- Comparative gene expression profiling of in vitro differentiated megakaryocytes and erythroblasts identifies novel activatory and inhibitory platelet membrane proteinsIain C Macaulay
Department of Haematology, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
Blood 109:3260-9. 2007..Many of these transcripts, including G6b, G6f, LRRC32, LAT2, and the G protein-coupled receptor SUCNR1, encode proteins with structural features or functions that suggest they ..
- Functional activity of a large neutral amino acid transporter (LAT) in rabbit retina: a study involving the in vivo retinal uptake and vitreal pharmacokinetics of L-phenyl alanineHarisha Atluri
Division of Pharmaceutical Sciences, School of Pharmacy, University of Missouri Kansas City, 5005 Rockhill Road, Kansas City, MO 64110 2499, USA
Int J Pharm 347:23-30. 2008..The purpose of this study is to elucidate the functional activity of large neutral amino acid transporter (LAT) in rabbit retina and to delineate its role in the retinal uptake and intravitreal pharmacokinetics of L-phenylalanine (L-Phe)...
- Properties of L-type amino acid transporter 1 in epidermal ovarian cancerMasahiko Kaji
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Kyorin University School of Medicine, Mitaka, Tokyo, Japan
Int J Gynecol Cancer 20:329-36. 2010....
- An introduction to computerised speech labK Van Lierde
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, University Hospital, Ghent, Belgium
Acta Otorhinolaryngol Belg 50:309-14. 1996..This can be provided by a computerised technique, the computerised speech lab (CLS), which performs an acoustic analysis of the voice samples and gives objective figures of multiple parameters.
- Multiple pathways for cationic amino acid transport in rat thyroid epithelial cell line PC Cl3Tiziano Verri
Laboratory of General Physiology, Department of Biological and Environmental Sciences and Technologies, University of Lecce, Lecce, Italy
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 288:C290-303. 2005..Uptake data correlate to expression of the genes encoding for CAT-1, CAT-2B, 4F2hc, y(+)LAT1, y(+)LAT2, rBAT, and b(0,+)AT, an expression profile that is also shown by the rat thyroid gland...
- Fc gamma RII activation induces cell surface ceramide production which participates in the assembly of the receptor signaling complexMarek Korzeniowski
The Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology, Department of Cell Biology, Warsaw, Poland
Cell Physiol Biochem 20:347-56. 2007..The effects of the drugs on the phosphorylation of Fc gamma RII and NTAL were prominent and correlated with a reduction of the cell surface ceramide production by imipramine and an ..
- Drosophila expresses a CD98 transporter with an evolutionarily conserved structure and amino acid-transport propertiesBruno Reynolds
Department of Physiology, Anatomy and Genetics, University of Oxford, South Parks Road, Oxford, U K
Biochem J 420:363-72. 2009..The heterodimeric complexes of CD98hc and the light chains LAT1 (L-type amino acid transporter 1) or LAT2 specifically promote sodium-independent System L exchange of neutral amino acids, including leucine...
- [Amino acid transporter molecule as a drug target]H Endou
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Kyorin University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Nihon Yakurigaku Zasshi 114:11P-16P. 1999..As a homolog of LAT1, we also cloned LAT2 which is expressed in various normal tissues...
- LAT1 regulates growth of uterine leiomyoma smooth muscle cells- Xia Luo
Division of Reproductive Biology Research, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Reprod Sci 17:791-7. 2010L-type amino acid transporter 1 (LAT1) and LAT2 were shown to encode system L, which mediates the Na(+)-independent transport of branched-chain and aromatic amino acids...
- [Is SnorEx also ApneaEx? A study with a new intra-oral prosthesis as a form of therapy of obstructive sleep apnea syndrome]B Schonhofer
Krankenhaus Kloster Grafschaft, Zentrum fur Pneumologie und Allergologie, Schmallenberg Grafschaft
Pneumologie 51:804-8. 1997..We performed the study to test the effectiveness of the device in reducing the number of obstructive events...
- Non-T cell activation linker (NTAL) proteolytic cleavage as a terminator of activatory intracellular signalsMikel M Arbulo-Echevarria
Core Research Facility for Health Sciences, University of Cadiz and Puerto Real University Hospital Research Unit, Department of Biomedicine, Biotechnology and Public Health Immunology, Cadiz, Spain
J Leukoc Biol 100:351-60. 2016..Altogether, our results suggest that cleavage of transmembrane adaptors constitutes a general mechanism for signal termination of immune receptors. ..
- Evaluation of EEG cyclic alternating pattern during sleep in insomniacs and controls under placebo and acute treatment with zolpidemM G Terzano
Department of Neurology, University of Parma, Italy
Sleep 15:64-70. 1992..After adaptation to the sleep lab, 18 subjects (12 with persistent psychophysiological insomnia and 6 without sleep complaints), all aged 40-60 years,..
- Assessment of accuracy and analysis time of a novel device to monitor sleep and breathing in the homeD P White
National Jewish Center, Denver V.A. Medical Center, CO 80220, USA
Sleep 18:115-26. 1995..Two separate studies were completed. NW was compared to a simultaneously obtained PSG in 30 patients (IN-LAB study)...
- Association of 4F2hc with light chains LAT1, LAT2 or y+LAT2 requires different domainsA Bröer
Division of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Faculty of Science, Australian National University, Canberra, ACT 0200, Australia
Biochem J 355:725-31. 2001..light chains, C-terminally truncated mutants of 4F2hc were constructed and co-expressed with the light chains LAT1, LAT2 and y(+)LAT2...
- Function and structure of heterodimeric amino acid transportersC A Wagner
Department of Cellular and Molecular Physiology, School of Medicine, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 281:C1077-93. 2001..whereas the homologous heavy chain 4F2hc interacts with several light chains to form system L (with LAT1 and LAT2), system y(+)L (with y(+)LAT1 and y(+)LAT2), system x (with xAT), or system asc (with asc1)...
- Sleep in the laboratory and sleep at home II: comparisons of middle-aged insomnia sufferers and normal sleepersJ D Edinger
VA and Duke University Medical Centers, Durham, NC 27705, USA
Sleep 24:761-70. 2001..compared adaptation responses and sleep pattern differences shown by normal sleepers and insomnia sufferers during lab (LPSG) and home (HPSG) polysomnography. DESIGN: A counter-balanced, matched-group design was used...
- Two-way arginine transport in human endothelial cells: TNF-alpha stimulation is restricted to system y(+)Roberto Sala
Dipartimento di Medicina Sperimentale, Sezione di Patologia Generale e Clinica, Universita degli Studi di Parma, 43100 Parma, Italy
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 282:C134-43. 2002..NEM), inhibited by L-leucine in the presence of Na(+), and referable to the expression of SLC7A6/y(+)LAT2, SLC7A7/y(+)LAT1, and SLC3A2/4F2hc. System y(+) is referable to the expression of SLC7A1/CAT1 and SLC7A2/CAT2B...
- Relationship of slow and rapid EEG components of CAP to ASDA arousals in normal sleepL Parrino
, Parma, Italia
Sleep 24:881-5. 2001..SETTING: 40 sleep-lab accomplished recordings. PARTICIPANTS: Healthy subjects belonging to a wide age range (38 +/- 20 yrs.)...
- Protein kinase activity is central to rat germ cell apoptosis induced by methoxyacetic acidT Jindo
Reproductive Toxicology Group, National Toxicology Program, NIEHS, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, USA
Toxicol Pathol 29:607-16. 2001..Preliminary data from this lab suggested the involvement of protein kinase activity in the development of this lesion, a hypothesis explored in ..
- System L: heteromeric exchangers of large, neutral amino acids involved in directional transportFrancois Verrey
University of Zurich, Institute of Physiology, Winterthurerstrasse 190, 8057 Zurich, Switzerland
Pflugers Arch 445:529-33. 2003..The corresponding transporters are hetero(di)mers composed of a catalytic subunit (LAT1 or LAT2=light chain=glycoprotein-associated amino acid transporter) associated covalently with the glycoprotein 4F2hc/CD98 (..
- Adaptors and linkers in T and B cellsLuca Simeoni
Institute of Immunology, Otto von Guericke University Magdeburg, Leipziger Strasse 44, 39120 Magdeburg, Germany
Curr Opin Immunol 16:304-13. 2004..Additional transmembrane adaptors, such as NTAL/LAB and LIME, have been identified and partially characterized...
- Expression of heteromeric amino acid transporters along the murine intestineMital H Dave
Institute of Physiology, University of Zurich, Winterthurerstr 190, CH 8057 Zurich, Switzerland
J Physiol 558:597-610. 2004..Immunohistochemistry demonstrated basolateral coexpression of 4F2hc, LAT2 and y(+)-LAT1 in stomach and small intestine, whereas rBAT and b degrees (,+)AT were found colocalizing on the ..
- Positive and negative regulation of FcepsilonRI-mediated signaling by the adaptor protein LAB/NTALMinghua Zhu
Department of Immunology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
J Exp Med 200:991-1000. 2004b>Linker for activation of B cells (LAB, also called NTAL; a product of wbscr5 gene) is a newly identified transmembrane adaptor protein that is expressed in B cells, NK cells, and mast cells...
- Expression and function of glutamine transporters SN1 (SNAT3) and SN2 (SNAT5) in retinal Müller cellsNagavedi S Umapathy
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, 30912, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 46:3980-7. 2005..the glutamine transporters ATA1 and ATA2 (isoforms of system A), SN1 and SN2 (isoforms of system N), and LAT1 and LAT2 (isoforms of system L) were investigated in Müller cells in a rat Müller cell line (rMC1) and primary cultures of ..
- Expression and adaptive regulation of amino acid transport system A in a placental cell line under amino acid restrictionH N Jones
Maternal Fetal Physiology, Rowett Research Institute, Greenburn Road, Bucksburn, Aberdeen AB21 9SB, UK
Reproduction 131:951-60. 2006..014) decrease in the expression of SNAT1 mRNA. System L type amino acid transporter 2 (LAT2) expression was not changed by amino acid restriction, indicating that the responses seen in the system A ..
- Negative regulation of T cell activation and autoimmunity by the transmembrane adaptor protein LABMinghua Zhu
Department of Immunology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Immunity 25:757-68. 2006LAB (linker for activation of B cells), also known as NTAL (non-T cell activation linker), is a LAT (linker for activation of T cells)-like adaptor protein that is expressed in B, NK, and mast cells...
- Ornithine transport via cationic amino acid transporter-1 is involved in ornithine cytotoxicity in retinal pigment epithelial cellsShiho Kaneko
Department of Ophthalmology, Kansai Medical University, Osaka, Japan
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 48:464-71. 2007..This study was intended to clarify the mechanism of ornithine cytotoxicity and to determine the responsible amino acid transporters...
- Non-T cell activation linker promotes mast cell survival by dampening the recruitment of SHIP1 by linker for activation of T cellsKarine Roget
Institut Pasteur, Departement d Immunologie, Unité d Allergologie Moléculaire et Cellulaire, Paris, France
J Immunol 180:3689-98. 2008The linker for activation of T cells (LAT) and the non-T cell activation linker (NTAL) are two transmembrane adapters which organize IgE receptor (FcepsilonRI) signaling complexes in mast cells...
- Glutamine inhibits ammonia-induced accumulation of cGMP in rat striatum limiting arginine supply for NO synthesisWojciech Hilgier
Department of Neurotoxicology, Mossakowski Medical Research Centre, Polish Academy of Sciences, Warsaw, Poland
Neurobiol Dis 35:75-81. 2009..The L-arginine co-substrates of y(+)LAT2 transport system, L-leucine and cyclo-leucine, mimicked the effect of exogenous Gln, suggesting that Gln limits Arg ..
- Progesterone and mifepristone regulate L-type amino acid transporter 2 and 4F2 heavy chain expression in uterine leiomyoma cellsXia Luo
Division of Reproductive Biology Research, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 94:4533-9. 2009..Previously, using chromatin immunoprecipitation-based cloning, we uncovered L-type amino acid transporter 2 (LAT2) as a novel PR target gene...
- The linker for activation of B cells (LAB)/non-T cell activation linker (NTAL) regulates triggering receptor expressed on myeloid cells (TREM)-2 signaling and macrophage inflammatory responses independently of the linker for activation of T cellsGillian C Whittaker
Cancer and Inflammation Program, Center for Cancer Research, NCI Frederick, National Institutes of Health, Frederick, Maryland 21702, USA
J Biol Chem 285:2976-85. 2010..is severely reduced as monocytes differentiate into macrophages and that TREM-2 exclusively uses the linker for activation of B cells (LAB encoded by the gene Lat2(-/-)) to mediate downstream signaling...
- LAB/NTAL/Lat2: a force to be reckoned with in all leukocytes?Selinda J Orr
Cancer and Inflammation Program, National Cancer Institute Frederick, Frederick, MD 21702, USA
J Leukoc Biol 89:11-9. 2011LAB/NTAL/Lat2 is a transmembrane adaptor protein closely related to LAT. It is expressed in various myeloid and lymphoid cells, many of which also express LAT...
- The expression of thyroid hormone transporters in the human fetal cerebral cortex during early development and in N-Tera-2 neurodifferentiationS Y Chan
School of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, College of Medical and Dental Sciences, University of Birmingham, Floor 3, Birmingham Women s Hospital, Edgbaston, Birmingham B15 2TG, UK
J Physiol 589:2827-45. 2011..Compared with adult cortex, mRNAs encoding OATP1A2, OATP1C1, OATP3A1 variant 2, OATP4A1, LAT2 and CD98 were reduced in fetal cortex at different gestational ages, whilst mRNAs encoding MCT8, MCT10, OATP3A1 ..
- Aminoaciduria, but normal thyroid hormone levels and signalling, in mice lacking the amino acid and thyroid hormone transporter Slc7a8Doreen Braun
Institut für Experimentelle Endokrinologie, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Biochem J 439:249-55. 2011b>LAT2 (system L amino acid transporter 2) is composed of the subunits Slc7a8/Lat2 and Slc3a2/4F2hc...
- Psychosocial consequences and severity of disclosed incidental findings from whole-body MRI in a general population studyCarsten Oliver Schmidt
Study of Health in Pomerania KEF, University Medicine of Greifswald, Institute for Community Medicine, Walther Rathenau Str 48, 17475 Greifswald, Germany
Eur Radiol 23:1343-51. 2013Little is known about the psychosocial impact and subjective interpretation of communicated incide ntal findings from whole-body magnetic resonance imaging (wb-MRI). This was addressed with this general population study.
- Transport of gabapentin by LAT1 (SLC7A5)David Dickens
Department of Molecular and Clinical Pharmacology, University of Liverpool, Liverpool, UK
Biochem Pharmacol 85:1672-83. 2013..Gabapentin was negative for OCT like transport and LAT2 activity in the hCMEC/D3 and OCT1 transfected cells...
- The AML1/ETO target gene LAT2 interferes with differentiation of normal hematopoietic precursor cellsAitomi Essig
Department of Hematology and Oncology, University of Freiburg, Medical Center, Freiburg, Germany Electronic address
Leuk Res 38:340-5. 2014The adaptor protein linker activator of T-cells 2 (LAT2) is a known AML1/ETO target gene whose function during normal hematopoiesis is unknown...
- Structural bases for the interaction and stabilization of the human amino acid transporter LAT2 with its ancillary protein 4F2hcAlbert Rosell
Institute for Research in Biomedicine IRB Barcelona, E 08028 Barcelona, Spain
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 111:2966-71. 2014..electron microscopy and single-particle analysis of purified human 4F2hc/L-type amino acid transporter 2 (LAT2) heterodimers overexpressed in the yeast Pichia pastoris, together with docking analysis and crosslinking ..
- Cerebral cortex hyperthyroidism of newborn mct8-deficient mice transiently suppressed by lat2 inactivationBárbara Núñez
Instituto de Investigaciones Biomedicas, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas CSIC and Universidad Autonoma de Madrid UAM, Madrid, Spain
PLoS ONE 9:e96915. 2014..We have analyzed the role of the heterodimeric aminoacid transporter Lat2 (Slc7a8), in the presence or absence of Mct8, on thyroid hormone concentrations and on expression of thyroid ..
- Amino acid ester prodrugs conjugated to the α-carboxylic acid group do not display affinity for the L-type amino acid transporter 1 (LAT1)Jarkko Rautio
School of Pharmacy, University of Eastern Finland, P O Box 1627, FI 70211 Kuopio, Finland Electronic address
Eur J Pharm Sci 66:36-40. 2015..1 showed no affinity for LAT1 in either model nor did it show any affinity for LAT2 in an in vitro study. Our results confirm the earlier reported requirements for LAT1 substrates...
- Characterization of novel markers of senescence and their prognostic potential in cancerM Althubiti
1 Department of Biochemistry, University of Leicester, Leicester, UK 2 Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, Umm Al Qura University, Mecca, Saudi Arabia
Cell Death Dis 5:e1528. 2014..We identified 107 proteins that could be potential markers of senescence and validated 10 of them (DEP1, NTAL, EBP50, STX4, VAMP3, ARMX3, B2MG, LANCL1, VPS26A and PLD3)...
- Tespa1 negatively regulates FcεRI-mediated signaling and the mast cell-mediated allergic responseDi Wang
Institute of Immunology, Program in Molecular and Cellular Biology, Department of Pathology and Pathophysiology, and Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Zhejiang University School of Medicine, Hangzhou 310058, China Institute of Immunology, Program in Molecular and Cellular Biology, Department of Pathology and Pathophysiology, and Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Zhejiang University School of Medicine, Hangzhou 310058, China
J Exp Med 211:2635-49. 2014..signaling within the LAT1 (linker for activation of T cells family, member 1) signalosome versus the LAT2 signalosome...
- Impairment of glutamine/glutamate-γ-aminobutyric acid cycle in manganese toxicity in the central nervous systemM Sidoryk-Węgrzynowicz
Marta Sidoryk Wegrzynowicz, PhD, Department of Clinical Neurosciences, The Clifford Allbutt Building CAB, University of Cambridge, Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 0QH, UK, E mail
Folia Neuropathol 52:377-82. 2014..Manganese added directly to astrocytes induces deregulation in the expression of SNAT3, SNAT2, ASCT2 and LAT2 transporters and significantly decreases in Gln uptake mediated by the transporting Systems N and ASC, and a ..
- Microarray Determination of the Expression of Drug Transporters in Humans and Animal Species Used for the Investigation of Nasal AbsorptionManar Al-Ghabeish
Division of Pharmaceutics and Translational Therapeutics, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, United States
Mol Pharm 12:2742-54. 2015..Several transporters were highly expressed in all the species, including MRP1, OCTN2, PEPT2, and y+LAT2. While some differences in transporter mRNA and protein expression were observed, the transporter expression ..
- Transport of Iodothyronines by Human L-Type Amino Acid TransportersChantal Zevenbergen
Department of Internal Medicine and Rotterdam Thyroid Center C Z, M E M, E C L d S, R P P, W E V, T J V, Erasmus University Medical Center, 3015 CN, Rotterdam, The Netherlands and Department of Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Supported Structural Biology A K, G K, Leibniz Institut fur Molekulare Pharmakologie, 13125 Berlin, Germany
Endocrinology 156:4345-55. 2015..The L-type amino acid transporters LAT1 and LAT2 are known to facilitate TH transport. However, the role of LAT3, LAT4, and LAT5 is still unclear...
- Induction of inducible nitric oxide synthase expression in ammonia-exposed cultured astrocytes is coupled to increased arginine transport by upregulated y(+)LAT2 transporterMagdalena Zielinska
Department of Neurotoxicology, Mossakowski Medical Research Centre, Polish Academy of Sciences, Warsaw, Poland
J Neurochem 135:1272-81. 2015..astrocytes specifically via y(+)L amino acid transport system, by activation of its member, a heteromeric y(+)LAT2 transporter...
- Overexpression of L-Type Amino Acid Transporter 1 (LAT1) and 2 (LAT2): Novel Markers of Neuroendocrine TumorsSusi Barollo
Endocrinology Unit, Department of Medicine, University Hospital of Padua, Padua, Italy
PLoS ONE 11:e0156044. 2016..18F-FDOPA is a large neutral amino acid biochemically resembling endogenous L-DOPA and taken up by the L-type amino acid transporters (LAT1 and LAT2). This study was conducted to examine the expression of the LAT system in PHEO and MTC.
- Don't trust an(t)ybody - Pitfalls during investigation of candidate proteins for methylmercury transport at the placental interfaceIsabella Ellinger
Department of Pathophysiology and Allergy Research, Center for Pathophysiology, Infectiology and Immunology, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria Electronic address
Placenta 43:13-6. 2016..of commercial antibodies against four candidate transporters (Large neutral amino acids transporter (LAT)1, LAT2, 4F2 cell-surface antigen heavy chain (4F2hc), and multidrug resistance-associated protein (MRP)2) by ..
- Evaluation of the mRNA and Protein Expressions of Nutritional Biomarkers in the Gastrointestinal Mucosa of Patients with Small Intestinal DisordersMasanao Nakamura
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, Japan
Intern Med 55:2145-52. 2016..The mRNA expression of specific biomarkers (SGLT1, SGLT5, GIP, GLP, LAT1, LAT2, and NPC1L1) in the mucosa was compared among three patient groups: Inflammation, Tumor, and Control...
- Down-Regulation of Placental Transport of Amino Acids Precedes the Development of Intrauterine Growth Restriction in Maternal Nutrient Restricted BaboonsPriyadarshini Pantham
Department of Pediatrics, University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus, Aurora, Colorado
Biol Reprod 95:98. 2016..MVM amino acid transporter isoform expression (SNAT1, SNAT2, and SNAT4 and LAT1 and LAT2) was measured using Western blots. LAT1 and LAT2 expression were also determined in BM...
- Gastrointestinal methionine shuttle: Priority handling of precious goodsLucia Mastrototaro
Institute of Veterinary Physiology, Department of Veterinary Medicine, Free University of Berlin, Berlin, Germany
IUBMB Life 68:924-934. 2016..LAT4 is defective, basolateral Met exit may be compensated to a certain degree by the Met exchange proteins 4F2hc/LAT2 or 4F2hc/LAT1; while carriers 4F2hc/y+ LAT1, 4F2hc/y+ LAT2, SNAT1 and SNAT2, may serve ..
- Dissecting thyroid hormone transport and metabolism in dendritic cellsNicolás Gigena
N Gigena, Bioquímica Clínica, Centro de Investigaciones en Bioquímica Clínica e Inmunología CIBICI CONICET Facultad de Ciencias Químicas Universidad Nacional de Córdoba, Cordoba, Argentina
J Endocrinol . 2017..Besides, DCs express MCT10 and LAT2 TH transporters and these cells mainly transport T3 with a favored involvement of MCT10, since its inhibition ..
- Limnanthes douglasii lysophosphatidic acid acyltransferases: immunological quantification, acyl selectivity and functional replacement of the Escherichia coli plsC geneAdrian P Brown
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Durham, South Road, Durham DH1 3LE, UK
Biochem J 364:795-805. 2002..lysophosphatidic acid acyltransferase (LPAAT) enzymes from Limnanthes douglasii (meadowfoam), LAT1 and LAT2, using the predicted soluble portion of each protein as recombinant protein antigens...
- Functional cooperation of epithelial heteromeric amino acid transporters expressed in madin-darby canine kidney cellsChristian Bauch
Institute of Physiology and Institute of Anatomy, University of Zurich, Winterthurerstrasse 190, Switzerland
J Biol Chem 278:1316-22. 2003The heteromeric amino acid transporters b(0,+)AT-rBAT (apical), y(+)LAT1-4F2hc, and possibly LAT2-4F2hc (basolateral) participate to the (re)absorption of cationic and neutral amino acids in the small intestine and kidney proximal tubule...
- Involvement of the system L amino acid transporter on uptake of S-nitroso-L-cysteine, an endogenous S-nitrosothiol, in PC12 cellsTakanori Nemoto
Laboratory of Chemical Pharmacology, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chiba University, 263 8522, Chiba, Japan
Eur J Pharmacol 458:17-24. 2003..System L is composed of the 4F2 light chains (LAT1 or LAT2) and the heavy chain, and the transcripts of these components were detected in RNA from PC12 cells...
- Construction of recombinant pseudorabies viruses optimized for labeling and neurochemical characterization of neural circuitryZsolt Boldogkoi
Laboratory of Neuromorphology, Department of Anatomy, Semmelweis University, Budapest, Hungary
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 109:105-18. 2002..fluorescent protein) genes into the genomic loci containing the putative latency-associated transcript promoter (P(LAT2)), resulting in the disruption of the promoter function...
- Glutamine efflux from astrocytes is mediated by multiple pathwaysJoachim W Deitmer
School of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Australian National University, Canberra, Australia
J Neurochem 87:127-35. 2003..the expression of glutamine transporter mRNAs in cultured astrocytes it appeared likely that glutamine efflux was mediated by SN1, LAT2, ASCT2 and an additional, yet unidentified, transporter that mediates about 40% of the basal efflux.
- Characterization of cationic amino acid transporters and expression of endothelial nitric oxide synthase in human placental microvascular endothelial cellsJ F Dye
Leukocyte Biology, Division of Biomedical Sciences, Imperial College School of Medicine, London SW7 2AZ
FASEB J 18:125-7. 2004..RT-PCR amplification products for eNOS, CAT1, CAT2A, CAT2B, CAT4, 4F2hc (CD98), rBAT and the light chains y+LAT1, y+LAT2, and b0+T1 were detected in HPMEC, but not B0+...
- An amino acid transporter involved in gastric acid secretionPhilipp Kirchhoff
Institute of Physiology and Center for Integrative Human Physiology CIHP, University of Zurich, Winterthurerstr 190, 8057 Zurich, Switzerland
Pflugers Arch 451:738-48. 2006..in mouse stomach parietal cells the expression of the system L heteromeric amino acid transporter comprised of the LAT2-4F2hc dimer...
- Effect of amino acids supply in reduced crude protein diets on performance, efficiency of mammary uptake, and transporter gene expression in lactating sowsR Manjarin
Department of Animal Science, Michigan State University, East Lansing 48824, USA
J Anim Sci 90:3088-100. 2012..Transcript abundance of AA transporters b(0,+)AT (SLC7A9), y(+)LAT2 (SLC7A6), ATB(0,+) (SLC6A14), CAT-1 (SLC7A1), and CAT-2b (SLC7A2) and milk protein β-casein (CSN2) and LALBA (α-..
- Linker for activation of T-cell family member2 (LAT2) a lipid raft adaptor protein for AKT signaling, is an early mediator of alkylphospholipid anti-leukemic activityCarolina H Thomé
Instituto Nacional de Ciência e Tecnologia em Células Tronco e Terapia Celular, Fundação Hemocentro de Ribeirão Preto, 14051 140, Ribeirao Preto, SP, Brazil
Mol Cell Proteomics 11:1898-912. 2012..One, the linker for activation of T-cell family member 2 (LAT2), is an adaptor protein associated with lipid rafts in its palmitoylated form and is specifically expressed in B ..
- The involvement of L-type amino acid transporters in theanine transportSachiko Yamamoto
Department of Chemistry, Kyorin University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 76:2230-5. 2012..Additionally, in experiments using cells stably expressing two system L isoforms, LAT1 and LAT2, we found that the two isoforms mediated L-theanine transport to similar extents...
- Functional characterization and molecular expression of large neutral amino acid transporter (LAT1) in human prostate cancer cellsMitesh Patel
Division of Pharmaceutical Sciences, School of Pharmacy, University of Missouri Kansas City, 2464 Charlotte Street, Kansas City, MO 64108, USA
Int J Pharm 443:245-53. 2013..RT-PCR analysis provided a product band at 658 and 840 bp, specific to LAT1 and LAT2, respectively...
- Cooperative immunoregulatory function of the transmembrane adaptor proteins SIT and LAXBörge Arndt
Institutes of Molecular and Clinical Immunology, Otto von Guericke University Magdeburg, Magdeburg, Germany
J Leukoc Biol 93:353-62. 2013..However, more recent in vivo studies have demonstrated that with the exception of LAT, TRAPs, such as SIT, NTAL, and LAX, only minimally affect immune cell functions...
- Development of a mouse model of obesity in pregnancyThomas Jansson; Fiscal Year: 2009..transporter isoforms 1 and 3, System A isoforms SNAT 1, 2 and 4 and L-system amino acid transporter isoforms LAT 1, LAT2 and 4F2hc...
- METHYLMERCURY TRANSPORT ACROSS CELL MEMBRANESNazzareno Ballatori; Fiscal Year: 2005..the mechanism by which the MeHg-L-cysteine complex is transported on the L-type amino acid transporters LAT1 and LAT2. II...
- Acetylcysteine: An Antidote for Methylmercury PoisoningTRACEY SIMMONS WILLIS; Fiscal Year: 2003..Our recent work has shown that MeHg-L-cysteine is a substrate for the human amino acid transporters, LAT1 and LAT2, facilitating MeHg's rapid distribution in the body (Simmons-Willis et al. Biochem. Journal, in press)...
- Adaptor molecules in lymphocyte signalingWeiguo Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2007..We named this gene, LAB (Linker for activation of B cells). Our preliminary data showed that LAB shares many characteristics with LAT...
- ESTROGEN BIOSYNTHESIS AND UTERINE LEIOMYOMATASerdar Bulun; Fiscal Year: 2007..We predict that these studies will establish the critical role of P450arom in uterine leiomyomata and lead to identification of novel therapeutic targets. ..
- MECHANISMS OF ESTROGEN BIOSYNTHESIS IN ENDOMETRIOSISSerdar Bulun; Fiscal Year: 2008..Investigation of local feedback mechanisms responsible for interactions between estrogen biosynthesis, tissue growth, and inflammation will lead to the rational design of novel drug treatments. ..
- Breast Cancer-Proximal Stroma Interaction & AromataseSerdar E Bulun; Fiscal Year: 2010..noncarrier controls. Proposed studies may lead to new pilot trials of treatment and prevention using p38/JNK inhibitors in BRCA1 mutation carriers. ..