Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: LARS2
Description: leucyl-tRNA synthetase 2, mitochondrial
Alias: HLASA, LEURS, PRLTS4, mtLeuRS, leucine tRNA ligase 2, mitochondrial, leucine tRNA ligase 2, mitocondrial, leucine translase
Publications170 found, 100 shown here
- A novel gene containing LIM domains (LIMD1) is located within the common eliminated region 1 (C3CER1) in 3p21.3H Kiss
Microbiology and Tumor Biology Center, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Hum Genet 105:552-9. 1999..The human C3CER1-located LIMD1 gene should therefore be further studied for its possible role in tumor suppression...
- Expression and characterization of the human mitochondrial leucyl-tRNA synthetaseJ M Bullard
Department of Chemistry, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 3290, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1490:245-58. 2000A cDNA clone encoding the human mitochondrial leucyl-tRNA synthetase (mtLeuRS) has been identified from the EST databases...
- Evidence that the mitochondrial leucyl tRNA synthetase (LARS2) gene represents a novel type 2 diabetes susceptibility geneLeen M 't Hart
Leiden University Medical Center, Department of Molecular Cell Biology, Wassenaarseweg 72, 2333 AL Leiden, Netherlands
Diabetes 54:1892-5. 2005..In this study, we have examined whether variants in the leucyl tRNA synthetase gene (LARS2), involved in aminoacylation of tRNA(Leu(UUR)), associate with type 2 diabetes...
- Overexpressed mitochondrial leucyl-tRNA synthetase suppresses the A3243G mutation in the mitochondrial tRNA(Leu(UUR)) geneHyejeong Park
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107, USA
RNA 14:2407-16. 2008..This suppression of a tRNA gene mutation by increasing the steady-state levels of its cognate aminoacyl-tRNA synthetase is a model for potential therapies for human pathogenic tRNA mutations...
- Peptides from aminoacyl-tRNA synthetases can cure the defects due to mutations in mt tRNA genesSilvia Francisci
Department of Biology and Biotechnologies Charles Darwin, Pasteur Institute Cenci Bolognetti Foundation and Sapienza University of Rome, Piazzale A Moro 5, 00185 Rome, Italy
Mitochondrion 11:919-23. 2011..In this report we show that this effect cannot be ascribed to the catalytic activity per se and that isolated domains of aminoacyl-tRNA synthetases and even short peptides thereof have suppressing effects...
- Human mitochondrial leucyl-tRNA synthetase corrects mitochondrial dysfunctions due to the tRNALeu(UUR) A3243G mutation, associated with mitochondrial encephalomyopathy, lactic acidosis, and stroke-like symptoms and diabetesRonghua Li
Division of Human Genetics, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, 3333 Burnet Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45229 3039, USA
Mol Cell Biol 30:2147-54. 2010..mechanism of the A3243G mutation and whether the overexpression of human mitochondrial leucyl-tRNA synthetase (LARS2) in the cytoplasmic hybrid (cybrid) cells carrying the A3243G mutation corrects the mitochondrial dysfunctions...
- How does poverty beget poverty?Linda S Pagani
Ecole de Psychoéducation, Centre de Recherche de l Hôpital Sainte Justine, Universite de Montreal, Montreal, Quebec
Paediatr Child Health 12:693-7. 2007..Puisque leur rendement n'équivaut pas à celui de leurs camarades des classes moyennes, ces enfants sont plus vulnérables à l'échec scolaire et aux troubles de ..
- Crystal structure of leucyl-tRNA synthetase from the archaeon Pyrococcus horikoshii reveals a novel editing domain orientationRyuya Fukunaga
Department of Biophysics and Biochemistry, Graduate School of Science, University of Tokyo, Japan
J Mol Biol 346:57-71. 2005The editing domains of the closely homologous leucyl, isoleucyl, and valyl-tRNA synthetases (LeuRS, IleRS, and ValRS, respectively) contribute to accurate aminoacylation, by hydrolyzing misformed non-cognate aminoacyl-tRNAs...
- Isolated CP1 domain of Escherichia coli leucyl-tRNA synthetase is dependent on flanking hinge motifs for amino acid editing activityAswini K Betha
Department of Biology and Biochemistry, 369 Science and Research Building II, University of Houston, Houston, Texas 77204 5001, USA
Biochemistry 46:6258-67. 2007Protein synthesis and its fidelity rely upon the aminoacyl-tRNA synthetases. Leucyl-tRNA synthetase (LeuRS), isoleucyl-tRNA synthetase (IleRS), and valyl-tRNA synthetase (ValRS) have evolved a discrete editing domain called CP1 that ..
- A single residue in leucyl-tRNA synthetase affecting amino acid specificity and tRNA aminoacylationStanley W Lue
Eugene F Merkert Chemistry Center, Boston College, Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts 02467, USA
Biochemistry 46:4466-72. 2007Human mitochondrial leucyl-tRNA synthetase (hs mt LeuRS) achieves high aminoacylation fidelity without a functional editing active site, representing a rare example of a class I aminoacyl-tRNA synthetase (aaRS) that does not proofread ..
- A Flexible peptide tether controls accessibility of a unique C-terminal RNA-binding domain in leucyl-tRNA synthetasesJennifer L Hsu
Department of Biochemistry, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, 419 Roger Adams Laboratory, Box B 4, 600 S Mathews Ave, Urbana, IL 61801 3732, USA
J Mol Biol 376:482-91. 2008A unique C-terminal domain extension is required by most leucyl-tRNA synthetases (LeuRS) for aminoacylation. In one exception, the enzymatic activity of yeast mitochondrial LeuRS is actually impeded by its own C-terminal domain...
- Cross-species aminoacylation of tRNA with a long variable arm between Escherichia coli and Saccharomyces cerevisiaeA Soma
Department of Biology, Faculty of Science, Hirosaki University, Hirosaki 036 8561, Japan Biochemistry and Biotechnology, Faculty of
Nucleic Acids Res 26:4374-81. 1998..Both SerRS and LeuRS from E...
- Functional association between three archaeal aminoacyl-tRNA synthetasesMette Praetorius-Ibba
Department of Microbiology, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210 1292, USA
J Biol Chem 282:3680-7. 2007..aaRSs have also been reported in archaea, including a complex between prolyl-(ProRS) and leucyl-tRNA synthetases (LeuRS) in Methanothermobacter thermautotrophicus that enhances tRNA(Pro) aminoacylation...
- Mutational analysis of the antagonist-binding site of the histamine H(1) receptorK Wieland
Leiden Amsterdam Center for Drug Research, Department of Pharmacochemistry, Division of Medicinal Chemistry, Faculty of Chemistry, Vrije Universiteit, De Boelelaan 1083, 1081 HV Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Biol Chem 274:29994-30000. 1999..M., Timmerman, H., Leurs, H., Nederkoorn, P. H. J., Smit, M. J., and Donne-Op den Kelder, G. M. (1995) J. Comp. Aid. Mol. Design...
- An aminoacyl-tRNA synthetase:elongation factor complex for substrate channeling in archaeal translationCorinne D Hausmann
Department of Microbiology, Ohio State Biochemistry Program, and Ohio State RNA Group, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210 1292, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 35:6094-102. 2007..EF-1alpha was found to form a stable complex with leucyl-tRNA synthetase (LeuRS; K(D) = 0.7 microM)...
- An inserted region of leucyl-tRNA synthetase plays a critical role in group I intron splicingSeung Bae Rho
Department of Biology and Biochemistry, University of Houston, Houston, TX 77204 5001, USA
EMBO J 21:6874-81. 2002Yeast mitochondrial leucyl-tRNA synthetase (LeuRS) binds to the bI4 intron and collaborates with the bI4 maturase to aid excision of the group I intron...
- Association between Archaeal prolyl- and leucyl-tRNA synthetases enhances tRNA(Pro) aminoacylationMette Praetorius-Ibba
Department of Microbiology, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210 1292, USA
J Biol Chem 280:26099-104. 2005..proteins identified included components of methanogenesis, protein-modifying factors, and leucyl-tRNA synthetase (LeuRS)...
- A unique insertion in the CP1 domain of Giardia lamblia leucyl-tRNA synthetaseXiao Long Zhou
State Key Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Graduate School of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, Institute of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, The Chinese Academy of Sciences, People s Republic of China
Biochemistry 48:1340-7. 2009Leucyl-tRNA synthetase (LeuRS) catalyzes the esterification of the tRNA(Leu) isoacceptor with leucine. It contains a large insertion domain, connective peptide 1 (CP1), for amino acid editing...
- Dynamical networks in tRNA:protein complexesAnurag Sethi
Department of Chemistry, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Urbana, IL 61801, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:6620-5. 2009..pathways in a bacterial glutamyl-tRNA synthetase (GluRS):tRNA(Glu) and an archaeal leucyl-tRNA synthetase (LeuRS):tRNA(Leu) complex...
- Roughness analysis of the skin as a secondary evaluation criterion in addition to visual scoring is sufficient to evaluate ethnic differences in wrinklesT Fujimura
Biological Science Laboratories, Kao Corporation, Ichikai machi, Haga gun, Tochigi 321 3497, Japan
Int J Cosmet Sci 31:361-7. 2009..We conclude that roughness analysis of the skin is an important secondary evaluation criterion to visual scoring necessary to evaluate ethnic differences of wrinkles...
- Recognition of tRNALeu by Aquifex aeolicus leucyl-tRNA synthetase during the aminoacylation and editing stepsPeng Yao
State Key Laboratory of Molecular Biology Graduate School of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, Institute of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, The Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai, People s Republic of China
Nucleic Acids Res 36:2728-38. 2008..tRNA(Leu) recognition sets and their evolution, the recognition of tRNA(Leu) by the leucyl-tRNA synthetase (LeuRS) from the primitive hyperthermophilic bacterium Aquifex aeolicus was studied by RNA probing and mutagenesis...
- [Neuroplasticity: from physiological adaptation to the concept of therapeutic plasticity]Brigitte Onteniente
INSERM, UMR 894, Centre de Recherches en Psychiatrie et Neurosciences, 2ter rue d Alesia, 75014 Paris, France
J Soc Biol 203:107-11. 2009....
- Molecular cloning and nucleotide sequence of the gene for Escherichia coli leucyl-tRNA synthetaseM Hartlein
European Molecular Biology Laboratory, Grenoble, France
Nucleic Acids Res 15:10199-210. 1987..coli gene bank DNA. The resulting clones overexpress leucyl-tRNA synthetase (LeuRS) by a factor greater than 50. The DNA sequence of the complete coding regions was determined...
- Structural and functional mapping of the archaeal multi-aminoacyl-tRNA synthetase complexCorinne D Hausmann
Department of Microbiology, The Ohio State University, 484 West 12th Avenue, Columbus, OH 43210 1292, USA
FEBS Lett 582:2178-82. 2008Methanothermobacter thermautotrophicus contains a multi-aminoacyl-tRNA synthetase complex (MSC) of LysRS, LeuRS and ProRS. Elongation factor (EF) 1A also associates to the MSC, with LeuRS possibly acting as a core protein...
- [In Process Citation]Mathieu Molimard
, CHU de Bordeaux, Bordeaux, France
Therapie 64:203-7. 2009..b>Leurs donnÃ©es sont utilisÃ©es notamment lors d'une rÃ©Ã©valuation anticipÃ©e ou lors du renouvellement d'..
- Functional characterization of leucine-specific domain 1 from eukaryal and archaeal leucyl-tRNA synthetasesXiao Long Zhou
Institute of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai, People s Republic of China
Biochem J 429:505-13. 2010b>LeuRS (leucyl-tRNA synthetase) catalyses the esterification of tRNAsLeu with leucine...
- Modular pathways for editing non-cognate amino acids by human cytoplasmic leucyl-tRNA synthetaseXin Chen
State Key Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Institute of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Graduate School of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, The Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai 200031, China
Nucleic Acids Res 39:235-47. 2011..Class Ia leucyl-tRNA synthetase (LeuRS) may misactivate various natural and non-protein amino acids and then mischarge tRNA(Leu)...
- tRNA-dependent pre-transfer editing by prokaryotic leucyl-tRNA synthetaseMin Tan
State Key Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Institute of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Graduate School of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, The Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai 200031, China
J Biol Chem 285:3235-44. 2010..In this work we studied the different editing pathways of class Ia leucyl-tRNA synthetase (LeuRS)...
- Human/mouse microcell hybrid based elimination test reduces the putative tumor suppressor region at 3p21.3 to 1.6 cMA Szeles
Microbiology and Tumor Biology Center, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 20:329-36. 1997..We have defined a common eliminated region of approximately 1.6 cM (designated as CER1) inside the 7 cM CER described earlier. CER1 is flanked distally by D3S1029 and proximally by D3S643...
- A Strong Promoter Provided with the Gene Encoding Arginyl-tRNA Synthetase(argS) from Escherichia coliMo Fang Liu
State Key Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Shanghai Institute of Biochemistry, The Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai 200031, China
Sheng Wu Hua Xue Yu Sheng Wu Wu Li Xue Bao (Shanghai) 32:435-440. 2000..coli transformant TG1/pUC-argS, while the gene leuS, encoding the leucyl-tRNA synthetase(LeuRS) from E.coli, was only overproduced 35-fold in the same case...
- High-level expression and single-step purification of leucyl-tRNA synthetase from Aquifex aeolicusChen Ling
State Key Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Institute of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, The Chinese Academy of Sciences, 320 Yue Yang Road, 200031, PR China
Protein Expr Purif 36:146-9. 2004Aquifex aeolicus leucyl-tRNA synthetase is the only known heterodimeric LeuRS, consisting of two subunits with molecular masses of 74.0 and 33.5 kDa, and named alphabeta-LeuRS...
- Aminoacylation complex structures of leucyl-tRNA synthetase and tRNALeu reveal two modes of discriminator-base recognitionRyuya Fukunaga
Department of Biophysics and Biochemistry, Graduate School of Science, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Nat Struct Mol Biol 12:915-22. 2005Leucyl-tRNA synthetase (LeuRS) specifically recognizes the characteristic long variable arm and the discriminator base, A73, of tRNA(Leu) in archaea and eukarya. The LeuRS 'editing domain' hydrolyzes misformed noncognate aminoacyl-tRNA...
- Split leucine-specific domain of leucyl-tRNA synthetase from the hyperthermophilic bacterium Aquifex aeolicusJing Jing Ma
State Key Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Institute of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Graduate School of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, 320 Yue Yang Road, Shanghai 200031, People s Republic of China
Biochemistry 45:14809-16. 2006Leucyl-tRNA synthetase (LeuRS) from Aquifex aeolicus is the only known heterodimer synthetase. It is named LeuRS alphabeta;, and its alpha and beta subunits contain 634 and 289 residues, respectively...
- Unique residues crucial for optimal editing in yeast cytoplasmic Leucyl-tRNA synthetase are revealed by using a novel knockout yeast strainPeng Yao
State Key Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Graduate School of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, Institute of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, The Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai, China
J Biol Chem 283:22591-600. 2008Leucyl-tRNA synthetase (LeuRS) contains an editing domain that discriminates leucine from noncognate amino acids to ensure translational fidelity...
- The CP2 domain of leucyl-tRNA synthetase is crucial for amino acid activation and post-transfer editingXiao Long Zhou
State Key Laboratory of Molecular Biology and Graduate School of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, Institute of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, The Chinese Academy of Sciences, 320 Yue Yang Road, Shanghai 200031, China
J Biol Chem 283:36608-16. 2008Leucyl-tRNA synthetase (LeuRS) has an insertion domain, called connective peptide 2 (CP2), either directly preceding or following the editing domain (CP1 domain), depending on the species...
- Interdomain communication modulates the tRNA-dependent pre-transfer editing of leucyl-tRNA synthetaseMin Tan
State Key Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Center for RNA Research, Institute of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 320 Yue Yang Road, Shanghai 200031, China
Biochem J 449:123-31. 2013EcLeuRS [Escherichia coli LeuRS (leucyl-tRNA synthetase)] has evolved both tRNA-dependent pre- and post-transfer editing capabilities to ensure catalytic specificity...
- Mutations in LARS2, encoding mitochondrial leucyl-tRNA synthetase, lead to premature ovarian failure and hearing loss in Perrault syndromeSarah B Pierce
Division of Medical Genetics, Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle WA 98195, USA
Am J Hum Genet 92:614-20. 2013..by hearing loss (together, these symptoms compose Perrault syndrome), exome sequencing revealed mutations in LARS2, encoding mitochondrial leucyl-tRNA synthetase: homozygous c.1565C>A (p...
- The Yin and Yang of tRNA: proper binding of acceptor end determines the catalytic balance of editing and aminoacylationMin Tan
Center for RNA Research, State Key Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Institute of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, The Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai 200031, PR China
Nucleic Acids Res 41:5513-23. 2013..The fidelity of leucyl-tRNA synthetase (LeuRS) depends mainly on proofreading at the pre- and post-transfer levels...
- Discovery of N-(4-sulfamoylphenyl)thioureas as Trypanosoma brucei leucyl-tRNA synthetase inhibitorsFenglong Zhang
School of Pharmacy, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, 800 Dongchuan Road, Shanghai, 200240, China
Org Biomol Chem 11:5310-24. 2013..There is an urgent need for new therapeutics, especially those in new chemical classes. Leucyl-tRNA synthetase (LeuRS) has been paid much attention as a recently clinically validated antimicrobial target...
- Human mitochondrial leucyl tRNA synthetase can suppress non cognate pathogenic mt-tRNA mutationsHue Tran Hornig-Do
The Wellcome Trust Centre for Mitochondrial Research Institute for Ageing and Health The Medical School, Newcastle University, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
EMBO Mol Med 6:183-93. 2014..These data support the possibility that a small peptide could correct at least the biochemical defect associated with many mt-tRNA mutations, inferring a novel therapy for these disorders. ..
- Coexistence of bacterial leucyl-tRNA synthetases with archaeal tRNA binding domains that distinguish tRNA(Leu) in the archaeal modeZhi Peng Fang
Center for RNA Research, State Key Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Institute of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, The Chinese Academy of Sciences, 320 Yue Yang Road, Shanghai 200031, China
Nucleic Acids Res 42:5109-24. 2014Leucyl-tRNA (transfer RNA) synthetase (LeuRS) is a multi-domain enzyme, which is divided into bacterial and archaeal/eukaryotic types...
- Elements pour l'elaboration et la mise en place d'un programme de promotion de la sante cardiovasculaire en Communaute francaise de BelgiqueYves Coppieters
Centre d Education du Patient ASBL, Rue Fond de la Biche 4, 5530 Godinne, Belgique
Glob Health Promot 18:37-46. 2011..proximité, la mobilisation des responsables politiques et institutionnels et le soutien des professionnels dans leurs actions envers les patients et la population...
- [Solutions for the better integration of public health ethical considerations]Michel Désy
Institut National de Sante Publique du Quebec
Can J Public Health 105:e142-5. 2014....
- The physiological target for LeuRS translational quality control is norvalineNevena Cvetesic
Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science University of Zagreb, Zagreb, Croatia
EMBO J 33:1639-53. 2014..Rather, as shown by kinetic, structural and in vivo approaches, the prime biological function of LeuRS editing is to prevent mis-incorporation of the non-standard amino acid norvaline...
- A bridge between the aminoacylation and editing domains of leucyl-tRNA synthetase is crucial for its synthetic activityQian Huang
Center for RNA Research, State Key Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Institute of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, The Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai 200031, China
RNA 20:1440-50. 2014Leucyl-tRNA synthetases (LeuRSs) catalyze the linkage of leucine with tRNA(Leu). LeuRS contains a catalysis domain (aminoacylation) and a CP1 domain (editing). CP1 is inserted 35 Å from the aminoacylation domain...
- Bacterial resistance to leucyl-tRNA synthetase inhibitor GSK2251052 develops during treatment of complicated urinary tract infectionsKaren O'Dwyer
Antibacterial Discovery Performance Unit, GlaxoSmithKline R and D, Collegeville, Pennsylvania, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 59:289-98. 2015GSK2251052, a novel leucyl-tRNA synthetase (LeuRS) inhibitor, was in development for the treatment of infections caused by multidrug-resistant Gram-negative pathogens...
- Mutuelles de santé en Afrique : caractéristiques et relations contractuelles avec les prestataires de soins pour la prise en charge de la qualité des soinsPascal Ndiaye
Santé Publique, Institut de médecine tropicale Prince Léopold, Anvers, Belgique Financement de la santé, AEDES, Bruxelles, Belgique
Glob Health Promot . 2015..Les mutuelles de santé (MS) sont mises en place pour réduire la barrière financière et assurer à leurs membres un accès à des soins de qualité...
- The Enduring Influence of Parent's Voluntary Involvement on Their Children's Volunteering in Later LifeThomas A Perks
University of Lethbridge
Can Rev Sociol 52:89-101. 2015..The implications of these findings for volunteering in Canada are discussed...
- Modulation of Aminoacylation and Editing Properties of Leucyl-tRNA Synthetase by a Conserved Structural ModuleWei Yan
From The State Key Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Institute of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 320 Yue Yang Road, Shanghai 200031, China
J Biol Chem 290:12256-67. 2015..Mutation of highly conserved basic residues on the third α-helix of this domain impairs the affinity of LeuRS for the anticodon stem of tRNA(Leu), which decreases both aminoacylation and editing activities...
- Political pugilists: recuperative gender strategies in canadian electoral politicsElise Maiolino
University of Toronto
Can Rev Sociol 52:115-33. 2015..de récupération des sexes pour décrire et expliquer comment des dirigeants politiques travaillent à rétablir leurs identités sexuelles publiques...
- Exposé sur les conséquences éthiques des tests aléatoires de dépistage des drogues en milieu de travailTimothy Christie
Département de bioéthique, Faculte de Medecine, Université Dalhousie, Halifax Nouvelle Écosse Canada Services éthiques, Réseau de santé Horizon, Miramichi Nouveau Brunswick Canada
Healthc Manage Forum 28:175-8. 2015..Les employeurs doivent s'assurer que chaque aspect de leurs politiques repose sur des données scientifiques, est lié rationnellement à l'objectif de la sécurité en ..
- Economic Benefits of Self-Employment for Canadian ImmigrantsReza Nakhaie
University of Windsor
Can Rev Sociol 52:377-401. 2015..I also show that the economic benefits of self-employment depend on the ethno-racial groups and the industrial mix of their self-employment...
- Not Too Old, Not Too Young: Older Women's Perceptions of PhysiciansHazel Macrae
Mount Saint Vincent University, Nova Scotia
Can J Aging 34:545-560. 2015..plus souvent que les hommes âgés et les personnes plus jeunes; pourtant, la connaissance et la compréhension de leurs expériences avec les médecins sont limitées...
- First independent replication of the involvement of LARS2 in Perrault syndrome by whole-exome sequencing of an Italian familyGiulia Soldà
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Humanitas University, Milan, Italy
J Hum Genet 61:295-300. 2016..Recently, mutations in five genes (HSD17B4, HARS2, CLPP, LARS2 and C10ORF2) were found to be responsible for Perrault syndrome, although they do not account for all cases of ..
- Discovery of potent anti-tuberculosis agents targeting leucyl-tRNA synthetaseOlga I Gudzera
Institute of Molecular Biology and Genetics, NAS of Ukraine, 150 Zabolotnogo St, 03680 Kyiv, Ukraine
Bioorg Med Chem 24:1023-31. 2016..Leucyl-tRNA synthetase (LeuRS) has been recently clinically validated as antimicrobial target...
- P3-26: Prevalence of true resistant hypertension among uncontrolled hypertensive patients referred to a tertiary health care centerN Henine
CHU de Tizi Ouzou, Cardiologie, Tizi Ouzou, Algerie
Ann Cardiol Angeiol (Paris) 64:S31-2. 2015..vraie » et étaient éligibles à une intensification du traitement antihypertenseur (4 molécules ou plus) ; leurs caractéristiques cliniques étaient : diabète (27.2 %) ; tabagisme (39.3 %) ; BMI moyen à 30.6±4...
- P-180: The dry weight of the ceaseless quest for chronic he modialysis in controlling blood pressure, what strategy adopted?L Azouaou
Chu Parnet Nefissa Hamoud H Dey, Alger, Algerie
Ann Cardiol Angeiol (Paris) 64:S83. 2015..Nous avons corrigé le poids sec des patients selon le poids déterminé par les 3 méthodes et au bout de 2 mois on a noté une équilibration de l'état d'hydratation des patients ainsi que leurs pressions artérielles.
- P-189: Determination of oxidant/antioxidant status in hypertensive patients with chronic renal failureS Bouanane
Service de cardiologie, CHU de Tlemcen, Tlemcen, Algerie
Ann Cardiol Angeiol (Paris) 64:S86-7. 2015..comme un déséquilibre prononcé entre les éléments antioxydants et oxydants en faveur de ces derniers et de leurs effets potentiellement néfastes...
- [Not Available]Chantal Lavergne
Can J Public Health 106:eS38-44. 2016..The article describes the positive outcomes of this initiative for the women, based on the experiences and perception of the participants and social workers involved...
- A Novel Missense Mutation in the CLPP Gene Causing Perrault Syndrome Type 3 in a Turkish FamilyFatma Dursun
Umraniye Training and Research Hospital, Clinic of Pediatric Endocrinology, Istanbul, Turkey, Phone 90 216 632 18 18 E mail
J Clin Res Pediatr Endocrinol 8:472-477. 2016..Mutations in five genes, i.e. HSD17B4, HARS2, CLPP, LARS2, and C10orf2, have been reported in five subtypes of PRLTS...
- Identification of Mycobacterium tuberculosis leucyl-tRNA synthetase (LeuRS) inhibitors among the derivatives of 5-phenylamino-2H-[1,2,4]triazin-3-oneOlga I Gudzera
a Institute of Molecular Biology and Genetics, NAS of Ukraine, Kyiv, Ukraine and
J Enzyme Inhib Med Chem 31:201-207. 2016..We have identified inhibitors of M. tuberculosis leucyl-tRNA synthetase (LeuRS) among the derivatives of 5-phenylamino-2H-[1,2,4]triazin-3-one...
- Cryptosporidium and Toxoplasma Parasites Are Inhibited by a Benzoxaborole Targeting Leucyl-tRNA SynthetaseAndres Palencia
European Molecular Biology Laboratory, Grenoble Outstation, Grenoble, France, and University Grenoble Alpes CNRS EMBL International Unit UMI 3265 for Virus Host Cell Interactions, UMI 3265, Grenoble, France Institute for Advanced Biosciences, Team Host Pathogen Interactions and Immunity to Infection, INSERM U1209, CNRS UMR5309, Université Grenoble Alpes, Grenoble, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 60:5817-27. 2016..of affinity and crystal structures of complexes with the editing domain of Cryptosporidium leucyl-tRNA synthetase (LeuRS)...
- Structural characterization of antibiotic self-immunity tRNA synthetase in plant tumour biocontrol agentShaileja Chopra
Department of Cell Biology and Physiology, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7090, USA
Nat Commun 7:12928. 2016..We previously showed that TM84 employs a unique tRNA-dependent mechanism to inhibit leucyl-tRNA synthetase (LeuRS), while the TM84-producer prevents self-poisoning by expressing a resistant LeuRS AgnB2...
- Leucyl-tRNA synthetase consisting of two subunits from hyperthermophilic bacteria Aquifex aeolicusMin Gang Xu
State Key Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Institute of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, China
J Biol Chem 277:41590-6. 2002In a hyperthermophilic bacterium, Aquifex aeolicus, leucyl-tRNA synthetase (LeuRS) consists of two non-identical polypeptide subunits (alpha and beta), different from the canonical LeuRS, which has a single polypeptide chain...
- RNA and protein requirements for incorporation of the Pol protein into foamy virus particlesKatrin Peters
Institut fur Virologie und Immunbiologie, Universitat Wurzburg, Versbacher Str 7, 97078 Wurzburg, Germany
J Virol 79:7005-13. 2005..We previously showed that the packaging of (pre)genomic RNA is essential for Pol encapsidation (M. Heinkelein, C. Leurs, M. Rammling, K. Peters, H. Hanenberg, and A. Rethwilm, J. Virol. 76:10069-10073, 2002)...
- Leucyl-tRNA synthetase from the extreme thermophile Aquifex aeolicus has a heterodimeric quaternary structureMasaki Gouda
Department of Biomolecular Science, Faculty of Engineering, Gifu University, Yanagido 1 1, 501 1193, Gifu, Japan
FEBS Lett 518:139-43. 2002..genome sequence of a hyper thermophile Aquifex aeolicus suggests that the gene for leucyl-tRNA synthetases (LeuRS) is probably split into two pieces (leuS and leuS')...
- Towards a phosphoproteome map of Corynebacterium glutamicumAnne K Bendt
Institut fur Biochemie, Universitat zu Koln, Zulpicher Strasse 47, D 50674 Köln, Germany
Proteomics 3:1637-46. 2003..Both detection techniques were used to create a phosphoproteome map. Additionally, the influence of nitrogen deprivation on the phosphoproteome of C. glutamicum was investigated...
- Leucyl-tRNA synthetase from the hyperthermophilic bacterium Aquifex aeolicus recognizes minihelicesMin Gang Xu
State Key Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Institute of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, The Chinese Academy of Sciences, 320 Yue Yang Road, Shanghai 200031, China
J Biol Chem 279:32151-8. 2004..Although Escherichia coli or Homo sapiens cytoplasmic leucyl-tRNA synthetase (LeuRS) is unable to charge the cognate minihelix or microhelix, we show here that minihelix(Leu) is efficiently charged ..
- Two distinct domains of the beta subunit of Aquifex aeolicus leucyl-tRNA synthetase are involved in tRNA binding as revealed by a three-hybrid selectionYong Gang Zheng
State Key Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Institute of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai, 200031, China
Nucleic Acids Res 32:3294-303. 2004The Aquifex aeolicus alphabeta-LeuRS is the only known heterodimeric class Ia aminoacyl-tRNA synthetase. In this study, we investigated the function of the beta subunit which is believed to bind tRNA(Leu)...
- Leucyl-tRNA synthetase from the ancestral bacterium Aquifex aeolicus contains relics of synthetase evolutionMing Wei Zhao
State Key Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Institute of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, The Chinese Academy of Sciences, Graduate School of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai, PR China
EMBO J 24:1430-9. 2005..the isolated editing domain of leucyl-tRNA synthetase from the deep-rooted bacterium Aquifex aeolicus (alphabeta-LeuRS) catalyzes the hydrolytic editing of both mischarged tRNA(Leu) and minihelix(Leu)...
- Major biocontrol of plant tumors targets tRNA synthetaseJohn S Reader
Skaggs Institute for Chemical Biology, Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Science 309:1533. 2005..We demonstrate that this biocontrol agent targets A. tumefaciens leucyl-tRNA synthetase (LeuRS), an essential enzyme for cell viability, while the agent itself survives by having a second, self-protective copy ..
- [Relations between maternal food practices and diet of preschool age Quebec children]Geneviève Dulude
Universite de Montreal
Can J Diet Pract Res 74:119-23. 2013..The goal of this study is to examine the relationships between mothers' food practices and the diets of their preschool children...
- Discovery of a novel class of boron-based antibacterials with activity against gram-negative bacteriaVincent Hernandez
Anacor Pharmaceuticals Inc, Palo Alto, CA, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 57:1394-403. 2013..We have previously identified a new a way to inhibit an aminoacyl-tRNA synthetase, leucyl-tRNA synthetase (LeuRS), in fungi via the oxaborole tRNA trapping (OBORT) mechanism...
- Leucyl-tRNA synthetase editing domain functions as a molecular rheostat to control codon ambiguity in Mycoplasma pathogensLi Li
Center for Biophysics and Computational Biology, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Urbana, IL 61801, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:3817-22. 2013..A high-resolution X-ray crystal structure shows that M. mobile LeuRS structurally overlaps with other LeuRS cores...
- Leucine-specific domain modulates the aminoacylation and proofreading functional cycle of bacterial leucyl-tRNA synthetaseWei Yan
State Key Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Center for RNA Research, Institute of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, The Chinese Academy of Sciences, 320 Yue Yang Road, Shanghai 200031, PR China
Nucleic Acids Res 41:4988-98. 2013..However, the LeuRS from Mycoplasma mobile (MmLeuRS) has a tetrapeptide GKDG instead of the LSD...
- Discovery of a potent benzoxaborole-based anti-pneumococcal agent targeting leucyl-tRNA synthetaseQing Hua Hu
1 State Key Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Center for RNA Research, Institute of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, The Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai 200031, China 2
Sci Rep 3:2475. 2013..The emergency of multidrug-resistant bacteria threatens the treatment of the disease. Leucyl-tRNA synthetase (LeuRS) plays an essential role in cellular translation and is an attractive drug target for antimicrobial development...
- Mechanism of the activation step of the aminoacylation reaction: a significant difference between class I and class II synthetasesSindrila Dutta Banik
Department of Chemistry, University of Kalyani, Kalyani, Nadia, West Bengal, 741235, India
J Biomol Struct Dyn 30:701-15. 2012..The class I aaRSs investigated are GluRS, GlnRS, TyrRS, TrpRS, LeuRS, ValRS, IleRS, CysRS, and MetRS and class II aaRSs investigated are HisRS, LysRS, ProRS, AspRS, AsnRS, AlaRS, ..
- [Primitive peritonitis: real entity but difficult to diagnose]Rajae Yamou
Service des urgences chirurgicales viscérales, Hopital Ibn Sina, Rabat, Maroc
Pan Afr Med J 12:83. 2012..Elles simulent les péritonites secondaires. C'est pourquoi leur diagnostic ne peut être que peropératoire. Nous rapportons deux cas de péritonites primitives dans le but de discuter leurs aspects diagnostique et thérapeutiques.
- 3,5-Dicaffeoylquinic acid isolated from Artemisia argyi and its ester derivatives exert anti-leucyl-tRNA synthetase of Giardia lamblia (GlLeuRS) and potential anti-giardial effectsYan Hong Zhang
Shanghai Key Laboratory of Functional Materials Chemistry, and Research Center of Analysis and Test, East China University of Science and Technology, Shanghai 200237, PR China
Fitoterapia 83:1281-5. 2012An aqueous ethanol extract of Artemisia argyi inhibited the aminoacylation activity of LeuRS from Giardia lamblia (GlLeuRS)...
- [[Study of factors related to adherence to antiretroviral therapy among patients followed at HIV/AIDS Unit in the District Hospital of Dschang, Cameroon]]Francois Xavier Mbopi-Keou
Laboratoire National de Santé Hygiène Mobile, Ministere de la Sante Publique, Yaounde, Cameroun et Faculté de Médecine et des Sciences Biomédicales, Universite de Yaounde I, Yaounde, Cameroun
Pan Afr Med J 12:55. 2012..a été évaluée sur la base des déclarations des patients et sur la régularité du renouvellement de leurs ordonnances (observance calculée)...
- Partition of tRNA synthetases into two classes based on mutually exclusive sets of sequence motifsG Eriani
Laboratoires de Biochimie, IBMC du CNRS, Strasbourg, France
Nature 347:203-6. 1990..of the 18 known aaRS, only 9 referred to as class I synthetases (GlnRS, TyrRS, MetRS, GluRS, ArgRS, ValRS, IleRS, LeuRS, TrpRS), display two short common consensus sequences ('HIGH' and 'KMSKS') which indicate, as observed in three ..
- Amino acid toxicities of Escherichia coli that are prevented by leucyl-tRNA synthetase amino acid editingVrajesh A Karkhanis
Department of Biochemistry, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, 600 S Mathews Ave, 419 Roger Adams Laboratory, Box B 4, Urbana, Illinois 61801 3732, USA
J Bacteriol 189:8765-8. 2007Leucyl-tRNA synthetase (LeuRS) has evolved an editing function to clear misactivated amino acids. An Escherichia coli-based assay was established to identify amino acids that compromise the fidelity of LeuRS and translation...
- Two tyrosine residues outside the editing active site in Giardia lamblia leucyl-tRNA synthetase are essential for the post-transfer editingXiao Long Zhou
State Key Laboratory of Molecular Biology and Graduate School of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, Institute of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Shanghai 200031, People s Republic of China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 386:510-5. 2009Leucyl-tRNA synthetase (LeuRS) is responsible for the Leu-tRNA(Leu) synthesis...
- Protein signatures (molecular synapomorphies) that are distinctive characteristics of the major cyanobacterial cladesRadhey S Gupta
Department of Biochemistry, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario L8N 3Z5, Canada
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 59:2510-26. 2009..and 1 aa deletion in the RpoC protein); a clade of the low-B/A ecotype Prochlorococcus strains (5 aa deletion in LeuRS and 1 aa insert in the Ffh protein); a clade consisting of the Nostocales species/strains (subclass ..
- [Misuse of psychotropic medications in a population of subjects held for custody in the city of Paris]Isabelle Sec
Urgences Médico Judiciaires, Hotel Dieu, faculté Paris Descartes, Universite Paris V, Paris, France
Therapie 64:129-34. 2009..Identify which psychotropic medications are misused and peddled in a population of subjects held for custody in the city of Paris...
- A paradigm shift for the amino acid editing mechanism of human cytoplasmic leucyl-tRNA synthetaseYan Ling Joy Pang
Department of Biochemistry, University of Illinois, 419 Roger Adams Laboratory, Box B 4, 600 South Matthews Avenue, Urbana, Illinois 61801, USA
Biochemistry 48:8958-64. 2009Leucyl-tRNA synthetase (LeuRS) has been identified as a target for a novel class of boron-containing small molecules that bind to its editing active site...
- [Optimizing the relational aspects of orthodontics: the foundations of successful cooperation]Edmond Binhas
Institut Binhas, BP 20057, 5 rue de Copenhague, 13742 Vitrolles Cedex, France
Orthod Fr 80:279-90. 2009..As a consequence, there can be repercussions affecting the proper economic growth of the practice. In order to find the most appropriate solutions to this problem, orthodontists must first have a solid understanding of just what it is...
- Relationship between tap water hardness, magnesium, and calcium concentration and mortality due to ischemic heart disease or stroke in The NetherlandsLina J Leurs
Maastricht University, GROW School for Oncology and Developmental Biology, Department of Epidemiology, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Environ Health Perspect 118:414-20. 2010..Conflicting results on the relationship between the hardness of drinking water and mortality related to ischemic heart disease (IHD) or stroke have been reported...
- Editing mechanism of aminoacyl-tRNA synthetases operates by a hybrid ribozyme/protein catalystYohsuke Hagiwara
Center for Computational Sciences, University of Tsukuba, Tennodai 1 1 1, Tsukuba Science City, Ibaraki 305 8577, Japan
J Am Chem Soc 132:2751-8. 2010..We investigated theoretically the mechanism of the editing reaction for a class I enzyme, leucyl-tRNA synthetase (LeuRS), complexed with a misaminoacylated tRNA(Leu), employing ab initio hybrid quantum mechanical/molecular mechanical ..
- La crÃ©ation d'une Section Ã©tudiante dans le CIMSagar Dugani
Clin Invest Med 33:E3. 2010..de communication et c'est donc par le biais de la Section Ã©tudiante du CIM que les Ã©tudiants MD+, leurs superviseurs ainsi que les responsables de programmes MD+ seront en mesure de mettre en valeur des sujets touchant ..
- Post-transfer editing by a eukaryotic leucyl-tRNA synthetase resistant to the broad-spectrum drug AN2690Xiao Long Zhou
State Key Laboratory of Molecular Biology and Graduate School of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, Institute of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, The Chinese Academy of Sciences, 320 Yue Yang Road, Shanghai, People s Republic of China
Biochem J 430:325-33. 2010..The CP1 (connective peptide 1) domain of LeuRS (leucyl-tRNA synthetase) contains the editing active site, which is the proven target for the broad-spectrum drug ..
- Promoter methylation of cyclin A1 is associated with human papillomavirus 16 induced head and neck squamous cell carcinoma independently of p53 mutationDaniel Weiss
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, University of Muenster, Germany
Mol Carcinog 50:680-8. 2011..genes (TIMP3, CDH1, CDKN2A, DAPK1, transcription factor 21 (TCF21), CD44, MLH1, MGMT, RASSF1, cyclin A1 (CCNA1), LARS2, and CEBPA) was evaluated by methylation-specific polymerase chain reaction in 55 primary HNSCC and 31 controls...
- Structural and functional role of bases 32 and 33 in the anticodon loop of yeast mitochondrial tRNAIleArianna Montanari
Department of Biology and Biotechnology, Pasteur Institute, Cenci Bolognetti Foundation, Sapienza University of Rome, 00185 Rome, Italy
RNA 17:1983-96. 2011..On the contrary, both the cognate IleRS and the noncognate LeuRS and ValRS are endowed with suppressing activities toward both mutations...
- The importance of values in predicting Turkish youth's opinions about the European Union in light of the Copenhagen Political CriteriaM Ersin Kuşdil
Uludag University, Bursa, Turkey
Int J Psychol 43:988-96. 2008..As for nationalism, the results showed that this variable was related negatively to reduction of the military influence, improvement of human rights and liberties, improvement of minority rights; and positively to scepticism...
- Long-term immigrant adaptation: eight-year follow-up study among immigrants from Russia and Estonia living in FinlandInga Jasinskaja-Lahti
Department of Social Psychology, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Int J Psychol 43:6-18. 2008..En huit ans, les répondants avaient amélioré leurs habiletés en finlandais sur le marché de travail...
- A comparison of fathers' and mothers' contributions in the prediction of academic performance of school-age children in Hong KongVicky C W Tam
Department of Education Studies, Hong Kong Baptist University, Hong Kong
Int J Psychol 44:147-56. 2009..Investigations should also explore other cognitive and noncognitive domains of child outcome, different child age groups, as well as Chinese populations in various geographical regions...
- Acculturation and its determinants among adult immigrants in FranceHisham Motkal Abu-Rayya
School of Psychology, University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
Int J Psychol 44:195-203. 2009..Findings revealed also that those identifying with their home country/ethnic group recorded relatively higher degrees of maladjustment than those asserting a French identification...
- The willingness to relocate to another country: the impact of cultural similarity, destination safety, and financial incentiveMichael R Wagner
Department of Organization and Leadership, Teachers College, Columbia University, New York, NY 10027, USA
Int J Psychol 44:257-65. 2009..Against expectations, there was no interaction between financial incentives and safety. Destination safety perceptions were relatively strong determinants of willingness to relocate...
- Human and peoples' rights: social representations among Cameroonian studentsAnna Maija Pirttilä-Backman
University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Int J Psychol 44:459-67. 2009..Men may feel frustrated in the context of political liberalization because the freedoms are more theoretical than fulfilled; the economic crises and cultural changes have hindered their economic domination and their prerogatives...
- Effects of country size and language similarity on international attitudes: a six-nation studyJan Pieter van Oudenhoven
University of Groningen, The Netherlands
Int J Psychol 45:48-55. 2010..Les nations voisines linguistiquement similaires qui diffèrent en taille sont souvent asymétriques dans leurs relations attitudinales l'une envers l'autre: les citoyens des nations plus petites tendent à voir les nations ..
- Parent-child conflict and psychological maladjustment: a mediational analysis with reciprocal filial belief and perceived threatKuang Hui Yeh
Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan
Int J Psychol 45:131-9. 2010..le conflit parent-enfant nuit aux peceptions des adolescents de leur relation avec les parents ainsi que de leurs auto-perceptions dans le cadre de leur évaluation cognitive...
- Mechanism of proofreading by class I aminoacyl-tRNA synthetasesJohn J Perona; Fiscal Year: 2010..sites of class I editing synthetases such as isoleucyl-, valyl- and leucyl-tRNA synthetases (IleRS, ValRS and LeuRS, respectively)...
- Susan A Martinis; Fiscal Year: 2014..New models for leucyl-tRNA synthetase (LeuRS) have been developed to isolate pre-transfer editing activities for detailed mechanistic investigations...
- Philip Jon Rosenthal; Fiscal Year: 2016..we will test the hypothesis that antimalarial oxaboroles inhibit a plasmodial leucyl tRNA synthetase (LeuRS). This hypothesis is based on specific activity of other oxaboroles against fungal or bacterial LeuRS...