Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: LAMA1
Description: laminin subunit alpha 1
Alias: LAMA, PTBHS, S-LAM-alpha, laminin subunit alpha-1, S-LAM alpha, S-laminin subunit alpha, laminin A chain, laminin, alpha 1, laminin-3 subunit alpha
Publications252 found, 100 shown here
- CD117-positive cells in adult human heart are localized in the subepicardium, and their activation is associated with laminin-1 and alpha6 integrin expressionClotilde Castaldo
aDepartment of Biomorphological and Functional Sciences, University Federico II, Naples, Italy
Stem Cells 26:1723-31. 2008....
- Laminin-derived peptide AG73 regulates migration, invasion, and protease activity of human oral squamous cell carcinoma cells through syndecan-1 and beta1 integrinAdriane S Siqueira
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Institute of Biomedical Sciences, University of Sao Paulo, Av Prof Lineu Prestes, 1524 Ed Biomédicas 1, sala 302, Sao Paulo, SP, 05508 000, Brazil
Tumour Biol 31:46-58. 2010..Knockdown of these receptors decreased AG73-dependent migration, invasion, and protease activity. Syndecan-1 and beta1 integrin signaling downstream of AG73 regulate migration, invasion, and MMP production by OSCC cells...
- Human acetylcholinesterase binds to mouse laminin-1 and human collagen IV by an electrostatic mechanism at the peripheral anionic siteGlynis Johnson
Department of Pediatric Surgery, University of Stellenbosch, Faculty of Health Sciences, Tygerberg, South Africa
Neurosci Lett 337:37-40. 2003....
- Exposure of cryptic domains in the alpha 1-chain of laminin-1 by elastase stimulates macrophages urokinase and matrix metalloproteinase-9 expressionK M Faisal Khan
Department of Pathology, Joan and Sanford I Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, New York 10021, USA
J Biol Chem 277:13778-86. 2002..Based on these data, we conclude that cryptic domains in the COOH-terminal portion of the alpha1-chain of laminin are exposed by proteolysis and stimulate macrophages' proteinase expression...
- A promoter polymorphism of lamin A/C gene is an independent genetic predisposition to arterial stiffness in a Japanese general population (the Tanno and Sobetsu study)Hiroshi Akasaka
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Sapporo Medical University School of Medicine, Hokkaido, Japan
J Atheroscler Thromb 16:404-9. 2009..We examined the hypothesis that there is a positive, independent association between polymorphisms of lamin A/C gene (LMNA) and arterial stiffness in Japanese...
- A genome-wide association study reveals susceptibility variants for non-small cell lung cancer in the Korean populationKyong Ah Yoon
Research Institute and Hospital, National Cancer Center, Gyeonggi, South Korea
Hum Mol Genet 19:4948-54. 2010..This high-density large-scale GWAS carried out in the Korean population suggests that 3q29 is a novel susceptibility region associated with lung cancer susceptibility in Koreans...
- Molecular cloning of the cDNA encoding human laminin A chainT Haaparanta
La Jolla Cancer Research Foundation, CA 92037
Matrix 11:151-60. 1991..We report here the isolation and nucleotide sequence of human laminin A chain cDNA. The nucleotide sequence spans 9505 bases and has an open reading frame encoding 3075-amino acids...
- Primary structure of the human laminin A chain. Limited expression in human tissuesM Nissinen
Biocenter, University of Oulu, Finland
Biochem J 276:369-79. 1991cDNA clones for the human laminin A chain were isolated from libraries prepared from human gestational choriocarcinoma cell line (JAR) RNA. They cover approx. 8 kb from the 5'-end of the 9.5 kb mRNA coding for this protein...
- Human laminin A chain (LAMA) gene: chromosomal mapping to locus 18p11.3T Nagayoshi
Department of Dermatology, Jefferson Medical College, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Genomics 5:932-5. 1989..We have recently isolated cDNAs corresponding to human laminin A chain. These cDNAs were utilized for chromosomal in situ hybridizations to establish the genomic location of the ..
- An association of IgG anti-laminin-1 autoantibodies with endometriosis in infertile patientsJunko Inagaki
Department of Cell Chemistry, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine and Dentistry, 2 5 1 Shikata cho, Okayama 700 8558, Japan
Hum Reprod 18:544-9. 2003..The present study assessed the clinical significance of anti-laminin-1 Abs with infertility, accompanied with or without endometriosis...
- Embryo transfer technique: Factors affecting the viability of the corpus luteum in llamasVirginia Trasorras
Instituto de Investigación y Tecnología en Reproducción Animal, Universidad de Buenos Aires, Ciudad Autonoma de Buenos Aires, Argentina
Anim Reprod Sci 121:279-85. 2010..was to evaluate the effect of the embryo transfer (ET) maneuvers on plasma progesterone concentrations in recipient Lama glama females and the relationship between the site the embryo was transferred to and corpus luteum (CL) ..
- [Use of sucrose permeability test (SaLM) for detection of lesions of upper gastrointestinal tract mucosa in upper dyspepsia patients--a pilot study]Norbert Cibicek
Univerzita Karlova v Praze, Lekarska fakulta v Hradci Kralove
Acta Medica (Hradec Kralove) Suppl 47:23-8. 2004..So far there has been no available non-invasive test in the Czech Republic capable of distinguishing between heavy (i.e. peptic ulcer) and light (i.e. portal gastropathy) lesions of upper gastrointestinal mucosa...
- Expression of novel 400-kDa laminin chains by mouse and bovine endothelial cellsL Sorokin
Max Planck Society, Connective Tissue Research Unit, Erlangen, Germany
Eur J Biochem 223:603-10. 1994..Similarly, the expression of the gene coding for alpha 1, LamA1, was not detected in the majority of cells by Northern blot analysis using three different cDNAs...
- Genetically engineered Mengo virus vaccination of multiple captive wildlife speciesK A Backues
Tulsa Zoo and Living Museum, Oklahoma 74155, USA
J Wildl Dis 35:384-7. 1999..dromedary camel (Camelus dromedarius), bactrian camel (Camelus bactrianus), gerenuk (Litocranius walleri), guanaco (Lama glama guanicoe), black duiker (Cephalophus niger), Vietnamese potbellied pig (Sus scrofa), babirusa (Babyrousa ..
- Compositional and structural requirements for laminin and basement membranes during mouse embryo implantation and gastrulationJeffrey H Miner
Renal Division, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Development 131:2247-56. 2004..Mutagenic insertions in both Lama1 and Lamb1 were obtained in a secretory gene trap screen...
- Expression of laminin isoforms in mouse myogenic cells in vitro and in vivoF Schuler
Institute for Experimental Medicine, University of Edangen Nuremberg, Germany
J Cell Sci 108:3795-805. 1995..Comparisons were made with specific probes for the laminin alpha 1 chain gene (LamA1)...
- Seroprevalence of Neospora caninum, Toxoplasma gondii and Sarcocystis sp. in llamas (Lama glama) from Jujuy, ArgentinaG More
Inmunoparasitology and Parasitology Laboratory, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, National University of La Plata, La Plata, Argentina
Vet Parasitol 155:158-60. 2008Llamas (Lama glama) are South American camelids described as intermediate hosts of Neospora caninum, Toxoplasma gondii and Sarcocystis aucheniae...
- Morphological classification of nuchal skin in human fetuses with trisomy 21, 18, and 13 at 12-18 weeks and in a trisomy 16 mouseC S von Kaisenberg
Department of Anatomy II, University of Freiburg, Germany
Anat Embryol (Berl) 197:105-24. 1998..b>LAMA1 and LAMA3 genes are located on chromosome 18...
- Mono- and combination therapy of long-acting bronchodilators and inhaled corticosteroids in advanced COPDJill A Ohar
Section of Pulmonary, Critical Care, Allergy, and Immunologic Diseases, Department of Internal Medicine, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, North Carolina, USA
Semin Respir Crit Care Med 31:321-33. 2010..These include LABA/ICS and LAMA/LABA combinations. Bronchodilators and their combination with ICS are central to the management of COPD...
- Reversal of xylazine-induced sedation in llamas, using doxapram or 4-aminopyridine and yohimbineT W Riebold
Veterinary Teaching Hospital, College of Veterinary Medicine, Oregon State University, Corvallis 97331
J Am Vet Med Assoc 189:1059-61. 1986For each of 3 separate evaluations, 6 fasted llamas (Lama glama) were sedated with xylazine (1.1 mg/kg of body weight, IV) and then 15 minutes later were given normal saline solution (5.0 ml, IV; control values), doxapram (2...
- Antibodies to pathogenic livestock viruses in a wild vicuña (Vicugna vicugna) population in the Argentinean Andean altiplanoGisela Marcoppido
Instituto de Virologia, Centro de Investigaciones en Ciencias Veterinarias y Agronomicas, Instituto Nacional de Tecnologia Agropecuaria, De Las Cabañas y Los Reseros S N, PO Box 25, 1712 Castelar, Provincia de Buenos Aires, Argentina
J Wildl Dis 46:608-14. 2010..Feces from 44 vicuñas were also collected to investigate RV shedding. Llamas (Lama glama) and domestic cattle (Bos taurus) from the area studied also were tested for antibodies to these viruses...
- Molecular and biochemical characterization of an endo-beta-1,3- glucanase of the hyperthermophilic archaeon Pyrococcus furiosusY Gueguen
Bacterial Genetics Group, Department of Microbiology, Wageningen Agricultural University, Hesselink van Suchtelenweg 4, NL 6703 CT Wageningen, The Netherlands
J Biol Chem 272:31258-64. 1997..Pyrococcus furiosus is a hyperthermophilic archaeon that is capable of saccharolytic growth. The isolated lamA gene encodes an extracellular enzyme that shares homology with both endo-beta-1,3- and endo-beta-1,3-1,4-glucanases ..
- Use of cloprostenol as an abortifacient in the llama (Lama glama)B B Smith
Department of Biomedical Science, College of Veterinary Medicine, Oregon State University, Corvallis 97331 4802, USA
Theriogenology 54:497-505. 2000..The results demonstrate that llamas can be safely and effectively aborted up to 7 mo of gestation (normal full term gestation = 342 +/- 10 days) without adverse effects on subsequent fertility...
- Complications of home delivery: our experience at Nepal Medical College Teaching HospitalH Tuladhar
Department of Obs Gyn, Nepal Medical College Teaching Hospital, Jorpati, Kathmandu, Nepal
Nepal Med Coll J 11:164-9. 2009..0% were multipara, Maximum no. of women belonged to the age group 20-24 years, 15.8% were adolescents, Lasheta (Lama, Sherpa , Tamang) was the most common ethnic group, Most of the women delivered at full term, whereas preterm ..
- SOX7 and SOX17 regulate the parietal endoderm-specific enhancer activity of mouse laminin alpha1 geneTomoaki Niimi
Sekiguchi Biomatrix Signaling Project, ERATO, Japan Science and Technology Agency, Aichi Medical University, Karimata, Yazako, Nagakute, Aichi 480 1195, Japan
J Biol Chem 279:38055-61. 2004..We recently identified a parietal endoderm-specific enhancer in the mouse laminin alpha1 (Lama1) gene and showed that Sp1/Sp3 and YY1 transcription factors were involved in the enhancer activity...
- Binding of Ricinus communis agglutinin to a galactose-carrying polymer brush on a colloidal gold monolayerKazuya Mizukami
Department of Applied Chemistry, Graduate School of Science and Engineering, University of Toyama, Toyama 930 8555, Japan
Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces 66:110-8. 2008..radical polymerization (ATRP) of galactose-carrying vinyl monomer, 2-lactobionamidoethyl methacrylate (LAMA), with a disulfide-carrying ATRP initiator, 2-(2'-bromoisobutyroyl)ethyl disulfide (DT-Br)...
- Thermotoga neapolitana bglB gene, upstream of lamA, encodes a highly thermostable beta-glucosidase that is a laminaribiaseV V Zverlov
Institute of Molecular Genetics, Russian Academy of Science, Moscow, Russia
Microbiology 143:3537-42. 1997..The gene bglB was located immediately upstream of the laminarinase gene lamA. Both genes were transcribed from the same DNA strand and were not separated by a palindromic transcription ..
- 'Candidatus mycoplasma haemodidelphidis' sp. nov., 'Candidatus mycoplasma haemolamae' sp. nov. and Mycoplasma haemocanis comb. nov., haemotrophic parasites from a naturally infected opossum (Didelphis virginiana), alpaca (Lama pacos) and dog (Canis familiJoanne B Messick
Department of Veterinary Pathobiology, Michigan State University College of Veterinary Medicine, USA
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 52:693-8. 2002The 16S rRNA sequence of newly characterized haemotrophic bacteria in an opossum (Didelphis virginiana) and alpaca (Lama pacos) was determined...
- Evaluation of the cytotoxic and pro-apoptotic activities of Eu(III) complexes with appended DNA intercalators in a panel of human malignant cell linesGeorgi Momekov
Faculty of Pharmacy, Medical University Sofia, 2 Dunav St, 1000 Sofia, Bulgaria
Med Chem 2:439-45. 2006..The panel consisted of the leukemias HL-60, BV-173, SKW-3, K-562, LAMA-84 and the urinary bladder carcinoma 5637...
- Cytotoxic activity of new cerium (III) complexes of bis-coumarinsIrena Kostova
Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, Medical University, 2 Dunav Street, Sofia 1000, Bulgaria
Eur J Med Chem 40:1246-54. 2005..complex with 3,3'-benzylidene-bis(4-hydroxy-2H-1-benzopyran-2-one) were evaluated on the CML-derived K-562 and LAMA-84 cells, characterized by relative low responsiveness to chemotherapy...
- Mapping of tyrosine hydroxylase in the alpaca (Lama pacos) brainstem and colocalization with CGRPP Marcos
Laboratorio de Neuroanatomía Humana, Centro Regional de Investigaciones Biomédicas, Universidad de Castilla La Mancha, Facultad de Medicina, Avenida de Almansa 14, 02006 Albacete, Spain
J Chem Neuroanat 41:63-72. 2011The distribution of tyrosine hydroxylase (TH) in the brainstem of alpaca (Lama pacos) has been analysed using immunohistochemical methods...
- Ethnomedicinal plants used by the people of Manang district, central NepalShandesh Bhattarai
Central Department of Botany, Tribhuvan University, Kirtipur, Kathmandu, Nepal
J Ethnobiol Ethnomed 2:41. 2006..The majority of local inhabitants of the area are Gurungs, of Tibetan origin. The remoteness of the region has resulted in continued use of plants as medicine in an area where the ethnobotany has sparsely been documented...
- A complete mitochondrial genome sequence of the wild two-humped camel (Camelus bactrianus ferus): an evolutionary history of camelidaePeng Cui
Key Laboratory of Dairy Biotechnology and Engineering Ministry of Education, College of Food Science and Engineering, Inner Mongolia Agricultural University, Huhhot, China
BMC Genomics 8:241. 2007....
- Spaceflight modulates expression of extracellular matrix, adhesion, and profibrotic molecules in mouse lungJian Tian
Department of Radiation Medicine, Radiation Research Laboratories, Loma Linda Univ, Loma Linda, CA 92354, USA
J Appl Physiol (1985) 108:162-71. 2010..by more than twofold were Ctgf, Mmp2, Ncam1, Sparc, Spock1, and Timp3, whereas the most downregulated genes were Lama1, Mmp3, Mmp7, vcam-1, and Sele...
- Comparative and functional anatomy of the mammalian lumbar spineB M Boszczyk
Anatomische Anstalt der Ludwig Maximilians Universität, Munchen, Germany
Anat Rec 264:157-68. 2001..of ten mammalian species (human, chimpanzee, orang-utan, kangaroo, dolphin, seal, Przewalski's horse, cheetah, lama, ibex). The revealed traits are analysed with respect to the differing spinal loading patterns...
- Pattern of admissions to neonatal unitJai Parkash
Neonatology Unit, National Institute of Child Health, Karachi, Pakistan
J Coll Physicians Surg Pak 15:341-4. 2005..To document the number, disease pattern and outcome of patients admitted to neonatal unit...
- Sonic hedgehog-dependent synthesis of laminin alpha1 controls basement membrane assembly in the myotomeClaire Anderson
Department of Biomedical Science, University of Sheffield, Sheffield, UK
Development 136:3495-504. 2009..We reveal that expression of Lama1, which encodes laminin alpha1, a subunit of laminin-111, is not activated in Shh(-/-) embryos...
- New zirconium (IV) complexes of coumarins with cytotoxic activityI Kostova
Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, Medical University, 2 Dunav Street, Sofia 1000, Bulgaria
Eur J Med Chem 41:717-26. 2006..synthesized zirconium complexes against the acute myeloid leukemia derived HL-60 and the chronic myeloid leukemia LAMA-84...
- Changes in Llama (Lama glama) milk composition during lactationA Riek
Institute of Animal Breeding and Genetics, University of Goettingen, Albrecht Thaer Weg 3, D 37075 Goettingen, Germany
J Dairy Sci 89:3484-93. 2006..The established curves facilitate the composition of milk replacers at different stages of lactation for nursing llamas whose dams died or are agalactic...
- Estradiol production by preimplantation blastocysts and increased serum progesterone following estradiol treatment in llamasSusan A Powell
Department of Animal Sciences, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR 97331 6702, USA
Anim Reprod Sci 102:66-75. 2007..is a potential candidate for the blastocyst signal responsible for maternal recognition of pregnancy in the llama (Lama glama)...
- The effect of different zwitterionic buffers and PBS used for out-of-incubator procedures during standard in vitro embryo production on development, morphology and gene expression of bovine embryosA T Palasz
Ministry of Science and Innovation, Department of Animal Reproduction, INIA, Madrid, Spain
Theriogenology 70:1461-70. 2008..bovine oocytes and embryo development, morphology and on the expression patterns of eight selected genes: Fgf-4, Lama1, Ube2a, Gsta4, Il6, Sod1, Prss11 and Hspb1, was evaluated...
- Evaluation of medetomidine-ketamine-butorphanol anesthesia with atipamezole-naltrexone antagonism in captive male guanacos (Lama guanicoe)Timothy A Georoff
Global Health Program, Wildlife Conservation Society, 2300 Southern Boulevard, Bronx, New York 10460, USA
J Zoo Wildl Med 41:255-62. 2010Seven captive adult male guanacos (Lama guanicoe) weighing 112.0 +/- 10.9 kg (mean +/- standard deviation) were anesthetized with a combination of medetomidine (90.0 +/- 8.8 microg/kg), ketamine (2.7 +/- 0.3 mg/kg), and butorphanol (0...
- Measurement of milk intake in suckling llamas (Lama glama) using deuterium oxide dilutionA Riek
Institute of Animal Breeding and Genetics, University of Goettingen, Albrecht Thaer Weg 3, D 37075 Goettingen, Germany
J Dairy Sci 90:867-75. 2007..83). Combined with milk composition data, the present milk intake estimations at different stages of the lactation can be used to establish recommendations for nutrient and energy requirements of suckling llamas...
- Adaptations of subpalpebral lavage systems used for llamas (Lama glama) and a harbor seal (Phoca vitulina)Rose Borkowski
Lion Country Safari, 2003 Lion Country Safari Road, Loxahatchee, Florida 33470, USA
J Zoo Wildl Med 38:453-9. 2007Subpalpebral lavage systems (SPLSs) were adapted for use in zoo llamas (Lama glama) and a wild harbor seal (Phoca vitulina) during therapy for severe ulcerative keratitis or corneal perforation...
- [Failure of a special winter programme aimed to alleviate negative effects of winter overload on an emergency department]Emilio Salgado
Sección de Urgencias de Medicina, Area de Urgencias, Hospital Clinic, Barcelona, Espana
Med Clin (Barc) 130:286-91. 2008....
- Improvement of llama (Lama glama) seminal characteristics using collagenaseS Giuliano
Area de Física Biológica, Facultad de Ciencias Veterinarias, Universidad de Buenos Aires, Chorroarin 280, 1427 Ciudad Autonoma de Buenos Aires, Argentina
Anim Reprod Sci 118:98-102. 2010..Consequently, this protocol could be used for in vitro llama embryo production with ejaculated spermatozoa...
- Changes in small intestine permeability after radiotherapy of malignant tumorM Kubecova
Department of Radiotherapy and Oncology, Charles University in Prague, 3rd Faculty of Medicine and Faculty Hospital Královské Vinohrady, Czech Republic
Hepatogastroenterology 55:463-6. 2008..The aim of this study was to find out dependency of intestinal permeability disorder on certain factors such as age, radiation dose, target volume, dose per fraction, added chemotherapy etc...
- Placentation in the alpaca Lama pacosLuis Olivera
Faculty of Veterinary Medicine and Zootechnology, National University Altiplano, 291 Puno, Casilla, Peru
Anat Embryol (Berl) 207:45-62. 2003..To extend our knowledge of the development and cellular physiology of the placenta in the alpaca Lama pacos, we have examined specimens from day 150 of pregnancy to term...
- Evaluation of Neospora caninum and Toxoplasma gondii infections in alpaca (Vicugna pacos) and llama (Lama glama) aborted foetuses from PeruE Serrano-Martínez
SALUVET, Animal Health Department, Faculty of Veterinary Sciences, Complutense University of Madrid, Ciudad Universitaria s n, E 28040 Madrid, Spain
Vet Parasitol 150:39-45. 2007..05, chi2 test). The results of the present study indicate that neosporosis should be included during the differential diagnosis of abortion in llamas and alpacas...
- Isolation of lactoferrin from milk of different species: calorimetric and antimicrobial studiesCelia Conesa
Tecnologia de los Alimentos, Facultad de Veterinaria, Universidad de Zaragoza, Miguel Servet 177, 50013 Zaragoza, Spain
Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol 150:131-9. 2008..for the milk of the following animals: sheep (Ovis aries), goat (Capra hircus), camel (Camelus bactrianus), alpaca (Lama pacos), elephant (Elephas maximus) and grey seal (Halichoerus grypus), as well as human (Homo sapiens)...
- The personal cost of diabetic foot disease in the developing world--a study from PakistanS M Ali
Baqai Institute of Diabetology and Endocrinology, Baqai Medical University Hospital, Karachi, Pakistan
Diabet Med 25:1231-3. 2008..The aim of the present study was to estimate the direct cost of treatment of diabetic foot ulcer at a tertiary care hospital in Karachi, Pakistan in order to assess the extent of the economic burden which it imposes...
- [Identification of immunoreactive antigens of Leptospira interrogans]A Carrizo
Facultad de Ciencias Agrarias, Universidad Nacional de Jujuy, Alberdi No 47, 4600 San Salvador de Jujuy
Rev Argent Microbiol 41:129-33. 2009A batch of 28 llama (Lama gama) sera from Jujuy province in Argentina was studied in order to identify immune reactive antigens to Leptospira interrogans...
- Biological activity of the seminal plasma of alpacas: stimulus for the production of LH by pituitary cellsF Paolicchi
Department of Animal Production, Faculty of Agricultural Sciences, National University of Mar del Plata, Balcarce, Argentina
Anim Reprod Sci 54:203-10. 1999..Seminal plasma (SP) of fertile alpacas (Lama pacos) was tested using a bioassay of pituitary cells to study the effect of seminal plasma on LH release...
- Foot-and-mouth disease virus in the llama (Lama glama): diagnosis, transmission, and susceptibilityJ Lubroth
US Department of Agriculture, Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service, Greenport, NY 11944
J Vet Diagn Invest 2:197-203. 1990..Foot-and-mouth disease virus A24 was not detected from esophageal-pharyngeal fluid specimens beyond 8 days postexposure using in vitro techniques...
- Sequence and functional analysis of the positively acting regulatory gene amdR from Aspergillus nidulansA Andrianopoulos
Department of Genetics, University of Melbourne, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
Mol Cell Biol 10:3194-203. 1990..genes involved in the catabolism of certain amides (amdS), omega amino acids (gatA and gabA), and lactams (lamA and lamB) in the presence of omega amino acid inducers...
- Non satellite veins in the pelvic limb of the llama (Lama glama)G H Graziotti
Area of Anatomy, Department of Physiology and Basic Sciences, Faculty of Veterinary Sciences, Buenos Aires University, Cap Federal 1427, Argentina
Anat Rec 256:99-103. 1999..of this study was to determine the major differences in the venous system of the pelvic limb of the llama (Lama glama) and that of other mammals, including humans...
- Arteries of the hindfoot of the llama (Lama glama)G Graziotti
Department of Physiology and Basic Sciences, Faculty of Veterinary Sciences, Buenos Aires University UBA, Argentina
Anat Histol Embryol 29:273-6. 2000The objective of this study was to describe the arterial distribution of the hindfoot of the llama (Lama glama). Ten adult llamas, preserved in 6% formalin solution at 0 degree C, were dissected...
- [Suckling behavior of llamas (Lama glama)]M Gauly
Institut fur Tierzucht und Haustiergenetik, Justus Liebig Universitat Giessen
Dtsch Tierarztl Wochenschr 110:412-6. 2003..But the animals suckled less frequently and spent less total time suckling as they grow older. The age related differences and evidence for a dual function (nutrition, social contact) of suckling behaviour are discussed...
- A Bcr/Abl-independent, Lyn-dependent form of imatinib mesylate (STI-571) resistance is associated with altered expression of Bcl-2Yun Dai
Department of Medicine, Virginia Commonwealth University Medical College of Virginia, Richmond, VA 23298, USA
J Biol Chem 279:34227-39. 2004..K562-R and LAMA-R cells that were markedly resistant to induction of mitochondrial dysfunction (e.g...
- Comparative proteomic analysis of chronic myelogenous leukemia cells: inside the mechanism of imatinib resistanceGermano Ferrari
University of Florence, AUO Careggi, Department of Hematology, Florence, Italy
J Proteome Res 6:367-75. 2007..acquisition of resistance to this drug, a comparative proteomic approach was undertaken on CML cell lines LAMA 84 S (imatinib sensitive) and LAMA 84 R (imatinib resistant)...
- Novel long-acting bronchodilators for COPD and asthmaM Cazzola
Unit of Respiratory Diseases, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Rome, Italy
Br J Pharmacol 155:291-9. 2008..Consequently, several options for once-daily dual-action ultra LABA+LAMA combination products are currently being evaluated...
- Application of DNA forensic techniques for identifying poached guanacos (Lama guanicoe) in Chilean Patagonia*Juan C Marin
Departamento de Ciencias Basicas, Facultad de Ciencias, Laboratorio de Genómica y Biodiversidad, Universidad del Bio Bio, Casilla 447, Chillan, Chile
J Forensic Sci 54:1073-6. 2009Guanaco (Lama guanicoe) is a protected and widely distributed ungulate in South America. A poacher, after killing guanacos in Valle Chacabuco, Chilean Patagonia, transported and stored the meat...
- Intensive meditation training, immune cell telomerase activity, and psychological mediatorsTonya L Jacobs
UC Davis Center for Mind and Brain, Davis, CA 95618, USA
Psychoneuroendocrinology 36:664-81. 2011..Buddhist traditions claim that meditation decreases psychological distress and promotes well-being (e.g., Dalai Lama and Cutler, 2009)...
- Immunopresence and enzymatic activity of nitric oxide synthases, cyclooxygenases and PGE2-9-ketoreductase and in vitro production of PGF2α, PGE2 and testosterone in the testis of adult and prepubertal alpaca (Lama pacos)Francesco Parillo
Scuola di Scienze mediche veterinarie, Universita di Camerino, Italy
Gen Comp Endocrinol 171:381-8. 2011..Taken together, the data on COX2, i-NOS and PGE2 led us to hypothesize that development in prepubertal male reproductive tissues utilizes a mechanism similar to that of inflammation...
- Tuberculosis in alpaca (Lama pacos) on a farm in Ireland. 1. A clinical reportEg Ryan
Section of Herd and Veterinary Public Health, UCD School of Agriculture, Food Science and Veterinary Medicine, University College Dublin, Belfield, Dublin 4, Ireland
Ir Vet J 61:527-31. 2008This case report describes tuberculosis (TB) due to infection with Mycobacterium bovis (M. bovis) in alpaca (Lama pacos) on a farm in Ireland...
- IFNβ impairs extracellular matrix formation leading to inhibition of mineralization by effects in the early stage of human osteoblast differentiationV J Woeckel
Department of Internal Medicine, Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Cell Physiol 227:2668-76. 2012..genes, such as type I Collagen (COL1A1), fibronectin (FN1), fibullin (FBLN1), fibrillin (FBN2), and laminin (LAMA1). Additionally, ECM produced by IFNβ-treated osteoblasts contained less collagen protein...
- Isolation of a highly thermal stable lama single domain antibody specific for Staphylococcus aureus enterotoxin BRussell R Graef
MITRE Corporation, McLean, Virginia 22102, USA
BMC Biotechnol 11:86. 2011..The ability of these small antigen-binding molecules to refold after heating to achieve their original structure, as well as their diminutive size, makes them attractive candidates for diagnostic assays...
- The Influence of receptor kinetics on the onset and duration of action and the therapeutic index of NVA237 and tiotropiumDavid A Sykes
Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research, Wimblehurst Road, Horsham, West Sussex, RH12 5AB, United Kingdom
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 343:520-8. 2012..receptor residency time is responsible for the 24-h duration of action of the long-acting muscarinic antagonist (LAMA) tiotropium...
- Epistatic dissection of laminin-receptor interactions in dystrophic zebrafish muscleTamar E Sztal
Australian Regenerative Medicine Institute, Monash University, Clayton, VIC 3800, Australia
Hum Mol Genet 21:4718-31. 2012..We have found that lama1 is important for maintaining attachments, whereas lama4 is localized and up-regulated in damaged fibres, which ..
- 183 effects of long-term nutritional restriction on preovulatory luteinizing hormone surge, leptin, and luteal phase in llamas (lama glama)M C Norambuena
Institute of Animal Science, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Universidad Austral de Chile, Valdivia, Chile
Reprod Fertil Dev 25:240-1. 2012..The differential response of leptin to gonadorelin acetate treatment could reflect a subfertlity-nutritional induced problem related with steroidogenesis, oocyte quality, ovulation, and early embryo development processes...
- Apoptosis in chronic myeloid leukemia cells transiently treated with imatinib or dasatinib is caused by residual BCR-ABL kinase inhibitionPavel Simara
CBIA Centre for Biomedical Image Analysis, Faculty of Informatics, Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic
Am J Hematol 88:385-93. 2013..apoptosis induction after transient TKI treatment, observed in the BCR-ABL-positive cell lines K562, KYO-1, and LAMA-84 and progenitor cells from chronic phase CML patients, is instead caused by a residual kinase inhibition that ..
- "Stuck in the muck": an eco-idiom of distress from childhood respiratory diseases in an urban mangrove in Northeast BrazilMarilyn Nations
Centro de Ciencias da Saude, Universidade de Fortaleza, Fortaleza, Brasil
Cad Saude Publica 29:303-12. 2013..as taboo, diseased (with porcine cysticercosis, swine flu) "filthy pigs, stuck in the muck" (atolados na lama). Animalizing inhabitants' identities demotes them to nonpersons...
- Surface grafted glycopolymer brushes to enhance selective adhesion of HepG2 cellsSergey Chernyy
Department of Chemistry, Aarhus University, Aarhus, Denmark
J Colloid Interface Sci 404:207-14. 2013..the aminosilane based ATRP initiator layer on the polymerization kinetics of 2-lactobionamidoethyl methacrylate) (LAMA) monomer on thermally oxidized silicon wafer...
- Indacaterol: a comprehensive reviewAndrea Rossi
Pulmonary Unit, Cardiovascular and Thoracic Department, University and General Hospital, Verona, Italy
Int J Chron Obstruct Pulmon Dis 8:353-63. 2013..bronchodilators, such as long-acting beta-adrenergic agents (LABA) and long-acting antimuscarinic agents (LAMA), are recommended as the cornerstone of treatment for COPD, either as monotherapy or in combination...
- New developments in the combination treatment of COPD: focus on umeclidinium/vilanterolMario Cazzola
Department of System Medicine, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Rome, Italy
Drug Des Devel Ther 7:1201-8. 2013An increasing body of evidence suggests that the long-acting muscarinic antagonist (LAMA)/long-acting β2-agonist (LABA) combination appears to play an important role in maximizing bronchodilation, with studies to date indicating that ..
- A genome-wide survey of transgenerational genetic effects in autismKathryn M Tsang
Department of Psychiatry and Institute for Human Genetics, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e76978. 2013..autism candidate genes including: PCDH9, FOXP1, GABRB3, NRXN1, RELN, MACROD2, FHIT, RORA, CNTN4, CNTNAP2, FAM135B, LAMA1, NFIA, NLGN4X, RAPGEF4, and SDK1...
- Genotypic characterization of Chilean llama (Lama glama) and alpaca (Vicugna pacos) pestivirus isolatesI M Aguirre
Universidad de Chile, Facultad de Ciencias Veterinarias y Pecuarias, Departamento de Medicina Preventiva, Laboratorio de Virologia, Av Santa Rosa 11735, La Pintana, Santiago, Chile Electronic address
Vet Microbiol 168:312-7. 2014..In addition, these results indicate Pestivirus infection in llamas and alpacas is associated with bovine population as genotypes and sub-groups are the same as those affecting Chilean livestock. ..
- Methane emission by camelidsMarie T Dittmann
Clinic for Zoo Animals, Exotic Pets and Wildlife, Vetsuisse Faculty Zurich, University of Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland ETH Zürich, Institute for Agricultural Sciences, Zurich, Switzerland
PLoS ONE 9:e94363. 2014..order to fill this gap, we carried out respiration chamber measurements with three camelid species (Vicugna pacos, Lama glama, Camelus bactrianus; n = 16 in total), all kept on a diet consisting of food produced from alfalfa only...
- Safety and tolerability of once-daily umeclidinium/vilanterol 125/25 mcg and umeclidinium 125 mcg in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: results from a 52-week, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled studyJames F Donohue
Department of Medicine, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC, USA
Respir Res 15:78. 2014The long-acting muscarinic antagonist (LAMA) umeclidinium (UMEC) and the combination of UMEC with the long-acting β2-agonist (LABA) vilanterol (UMEC/VI) are approved maintenance treatments for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) ..
- Examination of candidate exonic variants for association to Alzheimer disease in the AmishLaura N D'Aoust
Center for Human Genetics Research, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN 37232, United States of America
PLoS ONE 10:e0118043. 2015..The most significant result (p = 0.0012) was for rs73938538, a synonymous variant in LAMA1 within the previously identified linkage peak on chromosome 18...
- Bluetongue disease and seroprevalence in South American camelids from the northwestern region of the United StatesAndrew J Allen
Departments of Veterinary Clinical Sciences Allen, Evermann, Ackerman, Barrington, Washington State University, Pullman, WAVeterinary Microbiology and Pathology Stanton, Fry, Washington State University, Pullman, WAWashington Animal Disease Diagnostic Laboratory Stanton, Evermann, Fry, Washington State University, Pullman, WAAnimal Disease Research Unit, U S Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service, Pullman, WA Fry
J Vet Diagn Invest 27:226-30. 2015..A 9-year-old intact male llama (Lama glama), with a 1-day history of anorexia, recumbency, and dyspnea before death...
- Inhaled Corticosteroids for Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease--The Shifting Treatment ParadigmMorven Wilkie
a Tayside Respiratory Research Group, Ninewells Hospital, Dundee, United Kingdom
COPD 12:582-90. 2015..risk of pneumonia, and the introduction of a new class of FDC; LABA and long-acting muscarinic antagonists (LAMA), which simplify dual bronchodilation and present a plausible alternative therapy...
- LAMA/LABA vs ICS/LABA in the treatment of COPD in Japan based on the disease phenotypesNobuyuki Hizawa
Department of Pulmonary Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
Int J Chron Obstruct Pulmon Dis 10:1093-102. 2015..is obtained both directly, through LABA-mediated stimulation of β2-adrenergic receptors, and indirectly, through LAMA-mediated inhibition of acetylcholine action at muscarinic receptors...
- Efficacy and safety of long-acting β-agonist/long-acting muscarinic antagonist combinations in COPD: a network meta-analysisYuji Oba
Division of Pulmonary, Critical Care and Environmental Medicine, University of Missouri, School of Medicine, Columbia, USA
Thorax 71:15-25. 2016The place of long-acting β agonist/long-acting muscarinic antagonist (LABA/LAMA) combinations in stable patients with COPD is not well defined...
- Combined bronchodilators (tiotropium plus olodaterol) for patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary diseaseWijdan H Ramadan
Department of Pharmacy Practice, School of Pharmacy, Lebanese American University, Byblos, Lebanon
Int J Chron Obstruct Pulmon Dis 10:2347-56. 2015..Tiotropium, a once-daily dosing LAMA, demonstrated sustained improvements in lung function as well as improved health-related quality of life, reduced ..
- Comparative efficacy of long-acting muscarinic antagonist monotherapies in COPD: a systematic review and network meta-analysisAfisi Segun Ismaila
Value Evidence and Outcomes, GlaxoSmithKline, Research Triangle Park, NC, USA Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, McMaster University, Hamilton, ON, Canada
Int J Chron Obstruct Pulmon Dis 10:2495-517. 2015Randomized, controlled trials comparing long-acting muscarinic antagonist (LAMA) efficacy in COPD are limited...
- Interaction between corticosteroids and muscarinic antagonists in human airwaysMario Cazzola
University of Rome Tor Vergata, Department of Systems Medicine, Chair of Respiratory Medicine, Rome, Italy University of Rome Tor Vergata, Department of Systems Medicine, Respiratory Pharmacology Research Unit, Rome, Italy University Hospital Tor Vergata, Division of Respiratory Medicine, Rome, Italy
Pulm Pharmacol Ther 36:1-9. 2016..The aim of this study was to pharmacologically investigate the interaction between the ICS beclomethasone and the LAMA glycopyrronium on the human airway smooth muscle (ASM) tone.
- Cardiac effects of current treatments of chronic obstructive pulmonary diseaseLies Lahousse
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Ghent University Hospital, Ghent, Belgium Department of Epidemiology, Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam, Netherlands
Lancet Respir Med 4:149-64. 2016..obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) in stable disease, focusing on inhaled long-acting muscarinic antagonists (LAMA) and long-acting β2 agonists (LABA), used either as a monotherapy or as a fixed-dose combination...
- Safety Considerations with Dual Bronchodilator Therapy in COPD: An UpdateMaria Gabriella Matera
Department of Experimental Medicine, Second University of Naples, Naples, Italy
Drug Saf 39:501-8. 2016Combining a long-acting β2-agonist (LABA) with a long-acting anti-muscarinic agent (LAMA) provides synergistic benefit on airway smooth muscle relaxation, which may have major implications for the use of LABA/LAMA combinations in the ..
- Downregulation of the cough reflex by aclidinium and tiotropium in awake and anesthetized rabbitsDonatella Mutolo
Dipartimento di Medicina Sperimentale e Clinica, Sezione Scienze Fisiologiche, Universita degli Studi di Firenze, Viale G B Morgagni 63, 50134 Firenze, Italy Electronic address
Pulm Pharmacol Ther 38:1-9. 2016..The results strongly suggest that the LAMA-induced downregulation of cough may be mediated not only by transient receptor potential vanilloid type 1 channels, ..
- Serology and longevity of immunity against Echinococcus granulosus in sheep and llama induced by an oil-based EG95 vaccineT V Poggio
Centro de Virologia Animal, Instituto de Ciencia y Tecnología Dr Cesar Milstein CONICET, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Parasite Immunol 38:496-502. 2016..The efficacy of the vaccine was monitored by serology in sheep and llama (Lama glama) and was compared to the serology in sheep previously published using a QuilA-adjuvanted vaccine...
- The bronchodilator effects of extrafine glycopyrronium added to combination treatment with beclometasone dipropionate plus formoterol in COPD: A randomised crossover study (the TRIDENT study)Dave Singh
University of Manchester, Medicines Evaluation Unit, Manchester, UK Electronic address
Respir Med 114:84-90. 2016..placebo-controlled, crossover study aimed to determine the dose-response of the long-acting muscarinic antagonist (LAMA) glycopyrronium bromide (GB) when added to beclometasone dipropionate plus formoterol fumarate (BDP/FF) in patients ..
- Autoimmunity against lamininsFlorina Florea
Department of Dermatology, University of Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany Department of Allergology and Clinical Immunology, Gastroenterology and Hepatology Regional Institute, Cluj Napoca, Romania
Clin Immunol 170:39-52. 2016....
- How Do Dual Long-acting Bronchodilators Prevent Exacerbations of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease?Kai M Beeh
insaf Respiratory Research Institute, Wiesbaden, Germany
Am J Respir Crit Care Med . 2016..small groups of experts critically evaluated mechanisms potentially responsible for the increased benefit of LABA/LAMA combinations over single LABDs or LABA/ICS in decreasing exacerbation...
- Long Acting Muscarinic Antagonists for the Treatment of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease: A Review of Current and Developing DrugsMark A Mastrodicasa
a Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, University of Cincinnati Medical Center
Expert Opin Investig Drugs . 2016Long acting muscarinic receptor antagonists (LAMA) reverse airflow obstruction by antagonizing para-sympathetic bronchoconstricting effects within the airways...
- LABA/LAMA combination in COPD: a meta-analysis on the duration of treatmentLuigino Calzetta
Dept of Systems Medicine, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Rome, Italy
Eur Respir Rev 26:. 2017..for exploring the effectiveness of long-acting β2-agonist (LABA)/long-acting muscarinic antagonist (LAMA) fixed-dose combinations in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease...
- Susceptibility of llamas (Lama glama) to infection with foot-and-mouth-disease virusN A Fondevila
Institutos de Virología y Patobiología, Centro de Investigaciones en Ciencias Veterinarias, Moron, Argentina
Zentralbl Veterinarmed B 42:595-9. 1995..These results provide further evidence that llamas are resistant to FMD infection, and that they play a minor role, if any, in transmitting the virus to domestic livestock...
- Structure of the human laminin alpha2-chain gene (LAMA2), which is affected in congenital muscular dystrophyX Zhang
Division of Matrix Biology, Department of Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics, Karolinska Institute, S 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
J Biol Chem 271:27664-9. 1996..Comparison of the exon pattern of the human LAMA2 gene with that of the Drosophila LAMA gene revealed that only 2 of 63 intron locations in the 5'-end of the human gene match the intron locations in the ..
- Fibulin-2 binds to the short arms of laminin-5 and laminin-1 via conserved amino acid sequencesA Utani
Laboratory of Developmental Biology, NIDR, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Biol Chem 272:2814-20. 1997..Together these results suggest that fibulin-2 functions to bridge laminin-1 and laminin-5 with other extracellular matrix proteins, providing a linkage between the cell surface and the basement membrane...
- Identification of an upstream enhancer in the mouse laminin alpha 1 gene defining its high level of expression in parietal endoderm cellsTomoaki Niimi
Sekiguchi Biomatrix Signaling Project, ERATO, Japan Science and Technology Corporation, Karimata, Yazako, Nagakute, Aichi 480 1195, Japan
J Biol Chem 278:9332-8. 2003..Here, we identified a 435-bp enhancer in the 5'-flanking region of the mouse laminin alpha1 (LAMA1) gene that activated its transcription in a differentiation-dependent manner...
- Synthesis and aqueous solution properties of novel sugar methacrylate-based homopolymers and block copolymersRavin Narain
School of Chemistry, Physics and Environmental Science, Sussex University, Falmer, Brighton, East Sussex, BN1 9QJ United Kingdom
Biomacromolecules 4:1746-58. 2003..2-Gluconamidoethyl methacrylate (GAMA) and 2-lactobionamidoethyl methacrylate (LAMA) were prepared directly by reacting 2-aminoethyl methacrylate with D-gluconolactone and lactobionolactone, ..
- Understanding PrEP Implementation Among Club Drug Using Men Who Have Sex With MenJennifer A Mitty; Fiscal Year: 2012..daily oral PrEP among 2,499 MSM were recently released, and show a significant decrease in HIV acquisition (Grant, Lama et al. 2010)...
- ANTITHROMBOTIC TISSUE SOLDERS FOR MICROVASCULAR REPAIRSRobert Stewart; Fiscal Year: 2001Although laser assisted microvascular anastomosis (LAMA) has been demonstrated in many animal studies, this procedure has had limited clinical use...
- ALIGNMENT BASED METHODS FOR MOLECULAR SEQUENCE ANALYSISSteven Henikoff; Fiscal Year: 2001..expanded the Blocks WWW and e-mail sites by adding Block Maker for making blocks from user-defined families, LAMA for searching the Blocks Database with user-generated blocks, COBBLER for automated sequence database searching of ..
- LUNG HEALTH STUDY--LONG TERM FOLLOW UPDonald Tashkin; Fiscal Year: 2002..All ten of the original LHS clinical centers plan to participate in this study. To minimize bias, all surviving participants of the LHS will be invited to participate, giving a potential sample size of 5600. ..
- SCLERODERMA LUNG STUDYDonald Tashkin; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Distal Lung Inflammation Effect on Asthma ExacerbationsDonald Tashkin; Fiscal Year: 2008..This study has the potential to clarify the contribution of the "silent zone" to the persistent morbidity encountered with asthma. ..
- COLLAGEN IV CHAINS IN KIDNEY DEVELOPMENT AND FUNCTIONJEFFREY MINER; Fiscal Year: 2002..The results obtained under the auspices of this proposal will have important implication for the pathogenesis of Alport syndrome in man and for approaches current under development that will use gene therapy to treat the human disease. ..
- Maintenance of blocks-based tools for functional genomicSteven Henikoff; Fiscal Year: 2006..These various components will be packaged to facilitate updates and local implementations. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Mechanisms of Cell/Matrix Interactions in the KidneyJEFFREY MINER; Fiscal Year: 2006..Together, the results of these studies will lead to a more complete understanding of cell-matrix interactions in the kidney and could reveal new avenues for diagnosis and treatment of human kidney disease. ..
- Laminin Alpha5 and Polycystic Kidney DiseaseJEFFREY MINER; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- 2008 Basement Membranes Gordon Research ConferenceJEFFREY MINER; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ASSEMBLY AND FUNCTION OF BASEMENT MEMBRANE PROTEINSJEFFREY MINER; Fiscal Year: 2008..The results of these studies will lead to new information regarding the assembly and function of laminins in the in vivo setting. ..
- 2006 Gordon Research Conference on Basement MembranesJEFFREY MINER; Fiscal Year: 2006..Studies on the genetic analyses of basement membrane functions and the generation of animal models of human basement membrane disorders will be presented. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..