Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: KRT17
Description: keratin 17
Alias: 39.1, CK-17, K17, PC2, PCHC1, keratin, type I cytoskeletal 17, cytokeratin-17, keratin 17, type I
Publications322 found, 100 shown here
- Type I keratin 17 protein is phosphorylated on serine 44 by p90 ribosomal protein S6 kinase 1 (RSK1) in a growth- and stress-dependent fashionXiaoou Pan
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
J Biol Chem 286:42403-13. 2011Keratin 17 (K17) is a type I intermediate filament protein that is constitutively expressed in ectoderm-derived epithelial appendages and robustly induced in epidermis following injury, during inflammation, and in chronic diseases such ..
- Increased expression of keratin 16 causes anomalies in cytoarchitecture and keratinization in transgenic mouse skinK Takahashi
Department of Biological Chemistry, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205
J Cell Biol 127:505-20. 1994..In postmitotic cells located at the wound edge, a strong induction of K6, K16, and K17 synthesis occurs at the expense of the keratins produced under the normal situation...
- A gene for pachyonychia congenita is closely linked to the keratin gene cluster on 17q12-q21C S Munro
Department of Dermatology, Southern General Hospital, Glasgow, UK
J Med Genet 31:675-8. 1994..In addition, they suggest a role for keratins in the phenomenon of natal dentition...
- Keratin 16 and keratin 17 mutations cause pachyonychia congenitaW H McLean
Dept of Anatomy Physiology, University of Dundee, UK
Nat Genet 9:273-8. 1995..Here, we show that a heterozygous missense mutation in the helix initiation motif of K17 (Asn92Asp) co-segregates with the disease in this kindred...
- Keratins (K16 and K17) as markers of keratinocyte hyperproliferation in psoriasis in vivo and in vitroI M Leigh
ICRF Skin Tumour Laboratory, London, UK
Br J Dermatol 133:501-11. 1995..K6, K16 and K17 were detected suprabasally in all culture systems in vitro, but only in interfollicular psoriatic epidermis in vivo,..
- Onset of keratin 17 expression coincides with the definition of major epithelial lineages during skin developmentK M McGowan
Department of Biological Chemistry and Department of Dermatology, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
J Cell Biol 143:469-86. 1998The type I keratin 17 (K17) shows a peculiar localization in human epithelial appendages including hair follicles, which undergo a growth cycle throughout adult life...
- Expression of cytokeratins 17 and 5 identifies a group of breast carcinomas with poor clinical outcomeMatt van de Rijn
L235 Department of Pathology, Stanford University Medical Center, 300 Pasteur Drive, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Am J Pathol 161:1991-6. 2002..of 78 breast carcinoma specimens, we noted an association between poor clinical outcome and the expression of cytokeratin 17 and/or cytokeratin 5 mRNAs...
- IL-17A upregulates keratin 17 expression in keratinocytes through STAT1- and STAT3-dependent mechanismsXiaowei Shi
Department of Dermatology, Xijing Hospital, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an, China
J Invest Dermatol 131:2401-8. 2011..IL-17A is a key cytokine that has a critical role in the pathogenesis of psoriasis. Keratin 17 (K17) is strongly expressed in psoriatic lesions but not in normal skin...
- Characterization of the human gene encoding cytokeratin 17 and its expression patternS M Troyanovsky
Division of Cell Biology, German Cancer Research Center, Heidelberg
Eur J Cell Biol 59:127-37. 1992Among the members of the cytokeratin (CK) subfamily of intermediate filament (IF) proteins, CK 17 is remarkable as it is normally expressed in the basal cells of complex epithelia but not in stratified or simple epithelia...
- Missense mutations in keratin 17 cause either pachyonychia congenita type 2 or a phenotype resembling steatocystoma multiplexF J Smith
Department of Anatomy and Physiology, Medical Sciences Institute, University of Dundee, U K
J Invest Dermatol 108:220-3. 1997..By direct sequencing of genomic PCR products, we report heterozygous K17 missense mutations in the same conserved protein motif in a further five PC-2 families (K17 N92S in one familial ..
- HLA DR B1*04, *07-restricted epitopes on Keratin 17 for autoreactive T cells in psoriasisZ Shen
Department of Dermatology, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an 710032, China
J Dermatol Sci 38:25-39. 2005..For psoriatic autoreactive T cells, Keratin 17 is a major target antigen and an epitope containing ALEEAN sequence has been described, but other psoriasis-related epitopes are still unknown...
- Cytokeratin 17 mRNA expression has potential for diagnostic marker of oral squamous cell carcinomaTakeshi Toyoshima
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, University of Erlangen Nuremberg, Glueckstrasse 11, 91054 Erlangen, Germany
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 134:515-21. 2008..Cytokeratins (CKs) like CK 19 and CK 20 are known to be useful diagnostic and prognostic markers for solid tumors. The aim of this study was to evaluate the relevance of further CKs for diagnosis of OSCC...
- Interleukin-1 beta inhibits proinsulin conversion in rat beta-cells via a nitric oxide-dependent pathwayY Zambre
Diabetes Research Center, Faculty of Medicine, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Brussels, Belgium
Horm Metab Res 33:639-44. 2001..Exposure to IL-1 beta also decreased the expression of the proinsulin convertase (PC) PC2. This decrease in PC2 expression was NO-dependent...
- Differential processing of proenkephalin by prohormone convertases 1(3) and 2 and furinM B Breslin
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Louisiana State University Medical Center, New Orleans 70112
J Biol Chem 268:27084-93. 1993..3-kDa fragment, and free Leu5-enkephalin. PC2 exhibited a more complete processing profile...
- Phytochelatin production in freshwater algae Stigeoclonium in response to heavy metals contained in mining water; effects of some environmental factorsB Pawlik-Skowronska
Institute of Ecology, Polish Academy of Sciences, Experimental Station, Niecala 18 3, 20 080, Lublin, Poland
Aquat Toxicol 52:241-9. 2001..2) mining water produced similar amounts of phytochelatins (PC2 and PC3): 500-600 nmol SH g(-1) dry weight. After water acidification to pH 6...
- Expression of hair keratins in the adult nail unit: an immunohistochemical analysis of the onychogenesis in the proximal nail fold, matrix and nail bedC Perrin
Hôpital L Pasteur, Laboratoire d Anatomie Pathologique, 30 Av voie Romaine, B P 69, 06002 Nice, Cedex 1, France
Br J Dermatol 151:362-71. 2004..Recently, the expression profiles of the members of the complex hair keratin family have been determined in the human anagen hair follicle. In contrast, the details of hair keratin expression in the human nail unit are poorly known...
- Synthetic small-molecule prohormone convertase 2 inhibitorsDorota Kowalska
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, University of Maryland at Baltimore, Baltimore, Maryland 21201, USA
Mol Pharmacol 75:617-25. 2009..inhibitors have been identified, thus far, no small-molecule prohormone convertase 1/3 or prohormone convertase 2 (PC2) inhibitors have been described...
- Processing specificity and biosynthesis of the Drosophila melanogaster convertases dfurin1, dfurin1-CRR, dfurin1-X, and dfurin2I De Bie
J A DeSève Laboratory of Biochemical Neuroendocrinology, Clinical Research Institute of Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Biol Chem 270:1020-8. 1995..this family of enzymes have been identified in mammals and named furin (also called PACE), PC1 (also called PC3), PC2, PACE4, PC4, and PC5 (also called PC6)...
- Differential regulation of prohormone convertase 1/3, prohormone convertase 2 and phosphorylated cyclic-AMP-response element binding protein by short-term and long-term morphine treatment: implications for understanding the "switch" to opiate addictionV Paez Espinosa
Division of Endocrinology, Department of Medicine, The Charles Drew University of Medicine and Sciences UCLA School of Medicine, 1731 East 120th Street, Los Angeles, CA 90059, USA
Neuroscience 156:788-99. 2008..Two pro-hormone convertases, PC1/3 and PC2 are believed to be responsible for the activation of many neurohormones and expression of these enzymes is ..
- Disruption of PC1/3 expression in mice causes dwarfism and multiple neuroendocrine peptide processing defectsXiaorong Zhu
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Chicago, and the Howard Hughes Medical Institute, 5841 South Maryland Avenue, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:10293-8. 2002The subtilisin-like proprotein convertases PC1/3 (SPC3) and PC2 (SPC2) are believed to be the major endoproteolytic processing enzymes of the regulated secretory pathway...
- Identification of a cDNA encoding a second putative prohormone convertase related to PC2 in AtT20 cells and islets of LangerhansS P Smeekens
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of Chicago, IL 60637
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 88:340-4. 1991b>PC2 and furin are two recently identified members of a class of mammalian proteins homologous to the yeast precursor processing protease kex2 and the bacterial subtillisins...
- The influence of povidone K17 on the storage stability of solid dispersions of nimodipine and polyethylene glycolMartina Maria Smikalla
Institut fuer Pharmazeutische Technologie und Biopharmazie, Heinrich Heine Universität Duesseldorf, Germany
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 66:106-12. 2007..nimodipine and polyethylene glycol 2000 can be effectively prevented from recrystallization by adding povidone K17. These systems are characterized by a high dissolution rate and a remarkable supersaturation of the drug in the ..
- Genetic disruption of gamma-melanocyte-stimulating hormone signaling leads to salt-sensitive hypertension in the mouseXi Ping Ni
Division of Nephrology, San Francisco General Hospital, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
J Clin Invest 111:1251-8. 2003..07%) on mean arterial pressure (MAP) in mice with targeted disruption of the PC2 gene (PC2(-/-)), necessary for processing of POMC into gamma-MSH, or the melanocortin receptor 3 gene (Mc3r(-/-); ..
- Impaired NH2-terminal processing of human proislet amyloid polypeptide by the prohormone convertase PC2 leads to amyloid formation and cell deathLucy Marzban
Deparment of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine and Child and Family Research Institute, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Diabetes 55:2192-201. 2006..cells lacking the prohormone convertase 1/3 (PC1/3) and IAPP and with very low levels of prohormone convertase 2 (PC2) were transduced with adenovirus (Ad) expressing human or rat (control) proIAPP linked to green fluorescent protein,..
- Subtilisin-like proprotein convertase expression, localization, and activity in the human retina and optic nerve headJohn A Fuller
Department of Cell Biology and Genetics, University of North Texas Health Science Center, Fort Worth, Texas 76107, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 50:5759-68. 2009..The purpose of this study was to investigate the expression, localization, and activity of SPCs in the human retina and optic nerve head...
- Selective roles for the PC2 processing enzyme in the regulation of peptide neurotransmitter levels in brain and peripheral neuroendocrine tissues of PC2 deficient miceRuthellen Miller
Buck Institute for Age Research, 8001 Redwood Blvd, Novato, CA, USA
Neuropeptides 37:140-8. 2003The prohormone convertase 2 (PC2) is hypothesized to convert multiple pro-neuropeptides into active peptides that function as neurotransmitters...
- Altered processing of pro-orphanin FQ/nociceptin and pro-opiomelanocortin-derived peptides in the brains of mice expressing defective prohormone convertase 2R G Allen
Neuroscience and Cell Biology, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, Piscataway, New Jersey 08854, USA
J Neurosci 21:5864-70. 2001..Here, gene-targeted mice producing defective prohormone convertase 2 (PC2) were used to examine the post-translational processing of two neuroendocrine prohormones, pro-opiomelanocortin (..
- Analysis of peptides in prohormone convertase 1/3 null mouse brain using quantitative peptidomicsJonathan H Wardman
Department of Molecular Pharmacology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
J Neurochem 114:215-25. 2010..Major endopeptidases required for these cleavages include prohormone convertase (PC) 1/3 and PC2. In this study, quantitative peptidomics analysis was used to characterize the specific role PC1/3 plays in this ..
- Processing of mouse proglucagon by recombinant prohormone convertase 1 and immunopurified prohormone convertase 2 in vitroM E Rothenberg
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
J Biol Chem 270:10136-46. 1995..4%, respectively. Immunohistochemical analyses with antibodies directed against PC2 and glucagon colocalized both the enzyme and substrate within the same secretory granules...
- Comparative analysis of expression of the proprotein convertases furin, PACE4, PC1 and PC2 in human lung tumoursM Mbikay
Institut de Recherches Cliniques de Montreal, Universite de Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Br J Cancer 75:1509-14. 1997..b>PC2 mRNA was found in two adenocarcinomas, in one squamous cell carcinoma and in five of seven SCLCs...
- Distribution and colocalization of cholecystokinin with the prohormone convertase enzymes PC1, PC2, and PC5 in rat brainBrian M Cain
Department of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02111, USA
J Comp Neurol 467:307-25. 2003..and synthetic substrates in vitro have pointed to the subtilisin/kexin-like enzymes prohormone convertase (PC) 1, PC2, and PC5 as potential candidates for these endoproteolytic cleavages...
- Frequent appearance of autoantibodies against prohormone convertase 1/3 and neuroendocrine protein 7B2 in patients with nonfunctioning pituitary macroadenomaKe ita Tatsumi
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Endocrine 22:335-40. 2003..we studied the presence of autoantibodies against prohormone-processing enzymes, prohormone convertase (PC) 1/3, PC2, carboxypeptidase E (CPE), and PC2 regulatory protein, 7B2, by radioligand assay using recombinant human 35S-..
- Wound keratins in the regenerating epidermis of lizard suggest that the wound reaction is similar in the tail and limbLorenzo Alibardi
Dipartimento di Biologia Evoluzionistica Sperimentale, University of Bologna, Italy
J Exp Zool A Comp Exp Biol 303:845-60. 2005..The expression of special wound keratins found in the newt epidermis (W6) or mammalian epidermis (K6, K16, and K17) is present in the epidermis of both tail and limb of the lizard...
- 7B2 is a specific intracellular binding protein of the prohormone convertase PC2S Benjannet
J A DeSève Laboratories of Molecular, Clinical Research Institute of Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Neurochem 64:2303-11. 1995Biosynthetic pulse-chase analyses have previously demonstrated that the prohormone convertase PC2 is first synthesized as a precursor pro-PC2 and that zymogen activation to PC2 occurs following the slow exit of pro-PC2 from the ..
- Prodynorphin processing by proprotein convertase 2. Cleavage at single basic residues and enhanced processing in the presence of carboxypeptidase activityR Day
Department of Pharmacology, University of Sherbrooke, Sherbrooke, Quebec J1H 5N4, Canada
J Biol Chem 273:829-36. 1998..Because PC2 is colocalized with proDyn, we examined the potential role of this convertase in cleaving proDyn...
- Comparative study of the binding pockets of mammalian proprotein convertases and its implications for the design of specific small molecule inhibitorsSun Tian
Institute of Biomechanics School of Bioscience and Bioengineering, South China University of Technology, Guangzhou 510006, China
Int J Biol Sci 6:89-95. 2010..Seven mammalian subtilisin/Kex2p-like proprotein convertases have been identified: furin, PC1, PC2, PC4, PACE4, PC5 and PC7...
- Kinesin-2 mediates physical and functional interactions between polycystin-2 and fibrocystinYuliang Wu
Membrane Protein Research Group, Department of Physiology, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Hum Mol Genet 15:3280-92. 2006..kidney disease (ADPKD) is caused by mutations in PKD1, encoding polycystin-1 (PC1), or PKD2 (polycystin-2, PC2). Autosomal recessive PKD (ARPKD) is caused by mutations in PKHD1, encoding fibrocystin/polyductin (FPC)...
- Differences between the catalytic properties of recombinant human PC2 and endogenous rat PC2E M Bailyes
Department of Clinical Biochemistry, University of Cambridge, Addenbrookes Hospital, U K
Biochem J 309:587-94. 1995Human prohormone convertase PC2 was expressed in Xenopus oocytes and its properties were compared with those of the Type-2 endopeptidase of rat insulin secretory granules, previously identified as PC2 [Bennett, Bailyes, Nielson, Guest, ..
- Proglucagon processing profile in canine L cells expressing endogenous prohormone convertase 1/3 and prohormone convertase 2A B Damholt
Beta Cell Biology, Novo Nordisk A S, Novo Alle, Bagsvaerd, Denmark
Endocrinology 140:4800-8. 1999..cells is due to the presence of distinct prohormone convertases (PC) in the two cell types, PC1/3 in the L cell and PC2 in the A cell...
- Expression of proprotein convertase 2 mRNA in the ovarian follicles of the medaka, Oryzias latipesKatsueki Ogiwara
Division of Biological Sciences, Graduate School of Science, Hokkaido University, Sapporo 060 0810, Japan
Gene 337:79-89. 2004..In the present study, a cDNA for proprotein convertase 2 (PC2) was cloned for the first time from a fish...
- Immunohistochemical staining in the diagnosis of pancreatobiliary and ampulla of Vater adenocarcinoma: application of CDX2, CK17, MUC1, and MUC2Peiguo G Chu
Division of Pathology, City of Hope National Medical Center, Duarte, CA 91010, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 29:359-67. 2005..We studied the expression of cytokeratin 7 (CK7), cytokeratin 17 (CK17), cytokeratin 20 (CK20), CDX2, mucin 1 (MUC1), mucin 2 (MUC2), and mucin 5AC (MUC5AC) in 46 cases of ..
- Differential effects of fasting and leptin on proopiomelanocortin peptides in the arcuate nucleus and in the nucleus of the solitary tractMario Perello
Division of Endocrinology, Department of Medicine, Brown University, Rhode Island Hospital, Providence, Rhode Island 02903, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 292:E1348-57. 2007..is generated by a posttranslational processing mechanism involving the prohormone convertases (PCs) PC1/3 and PC2. In the brain, alpha-MSH is produced in the arcuate nucleus (ARC) of the hypothalamus and in the nucleus of the ..
- Immunohistochemical expression and colocalization of somatostatin, carboxypeptidase-E and prohormone convertases 1 and 2 in rat brainS Billova
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada V6T 124
Neuroscience 147:403-18. 2007..studies have predicted that carboxypeptidase-E (CPE), prohormone convertase 1 (PC1) and prohormone convertase 2 (PC2) may function as sorting elements for somatostatin (SST) for its maturation and processing to appropriate targets...
- Rapamycin selectively inhibits expression of an inducible keratin (K6a) in human keratinocytes and improves symptoms in pachyonychia congenita patientsRobyn P Hickerson
TransDerm, Inc, Santa Cruz, CA, USA
J Dermatol Sci 56:82-8. 2009..pachyonychia congenita (PC) is caused by mutations in the inducible keratins (K) including K6a, K6b, K16 and K17. Published sequence data suggest the 5' untranslated regions of K6a and K6b mRNAs contain 5' TOP motifs and ..
- Prohormone convertases (PC1/3 and PC2) in rat and human pancreas and islet cell tumors: subcellular immunohistochemical analysisY Itoh
Department of Pathology, Tokai University School of Medicine, Isebara, Japan
Pathol Int 46:726-37. 1996Prohormone convertase 1/3 (PC1/3; also termed PC1 or PC3) and PC2 are enzymes that activate prohormones by cleaving the pairs of basic amino acids...
- Interactions between the prohormone convertase 2 promoter and the thyroid hormone receptorQ L Li
Department of Medicine, Cedars Sinai Research Institute, University of California School of Medicine, Los Angeles 90048, USA
Endocrinology 141:3256-66. 2000..As PC1 and PC2, two neuroendocrine-specific PCs, appear to be the key enzymes capable of processing a variety of prohormones, ..
- Delayed tear clearance in contact lens associated papillary conjunctivitisS W Chang
Department of Ophthalmology, Chang Gung University and Memorial Hospital, 5 Fu Hsing St, Kwei Shan Hsiang, Taoyuan, Taiwan 333
Curr Eye Res 22:253-7. 2001..To study the tear film clearance in contact lens associated papillary conjunctivitis patients...
- Regulation of regional expression in rat brain PC2 by thyroid hormone/characterization of novel negative thyroid hormone response elements in the PC2 promoterXiaoxiong Shen
Division of Endocrinology, Department of Medicine, Charles R Drew University of Medicine and Sciences, Los Angeles, CA 90059, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 288:E236-45. 2005The prohormone convertases (PCs) PC1 and PC2 are involved in the tissue-specific endoproteolytic processing of neuropeptide precursors within the secretory pathway...
- Modulation of prohormone convertase 1/3 properties using site-directed mutagenesisAkihiko Ozawa
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, University of Maryland, Baltimore, 20 Penn Street, Health Sciences Facility II Room S251, Baltimore, Maryland 21201, USA
Endocrinology 151:4437-45. 2010Prohormone convertase (PC)1/3 and PC2 cleave active peptide hormones and neuropeptides from precursor proteins...
- Identification of a human insulinoma cDNA encoding a novel mammalian protein structurally related to the yeast dibasic processing protease Kex2S P Smeekens
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Chicago, Illinois
J Biol Chem 265:2997-3000. 1990We have identified a human insulinoma cDNA (PC2) that encodes a protein homologous to the precursor processing Kex2 endoprotease of yeast by using a polymerase chain reaction to detect and amplify conserved sequences within the catalytic ..
- QSAR of acridines. II. Features of nitracrine analogs for high anti-tumor activity and selectivity on mice, searched by PCA and MRA methodsZ Mazerska
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology and Biochemistry, Technical University of Gdansk, Poland
Anticancer Drug Des 5:169-87. 1990..Two significant principal components PC1 and PC2 (containing 81.4% and 8.1% of total data set information, respectively) were extracted...
- Role of prohormone convertases in the tissue-specific processing of proglucagonS Dhanvantari
Department of Physiology, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Mol Endocrinol 10:342-55. 1996..Recombinant vaccinia virus (vv) vectors were used to infect prohormone convertase 1 (PC1) or PC2 into nonendocrine (BHK-proG) cells, which stably express proG...
- Impaired intestinal proglucagon processing in mice lacking prohormone convertase 1Randi Ugleholdt
Department of Medical Physiology, The Panum Institute, University of Copenhagen, DK 2200 Copenhagen N, Denmark
Endocrinology 145:1349-55. 2004The neuroendocrine prohormone convertases 1 and 2 (PC1 and PC2) are expressed in endocrine intestinal L cells and pancreatic A cells, respectively, and colocalize with proglucagon in secretory granules...
- The role of prohormone convertase-2 in hypothalamic neuropeptide processing: a quantitative neuropeptidomic studyHui Pan
Department of Pharmacology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York, USA
J Neurochem 98:1763-77. 2006..A quantitative peptidomic approach was used to explore the role PC2 plays in the processing of hypothalamic peptides...
- Differential gene expression in ACTH -secreting and non-functioning pituitary tumorsToru Tateno
Department of Clinical and Molecular Endocrinology, Tokyo Medical and Dental University Graduate School, 1 5 45, Yushima, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, Japan
Eur J Endocrinol 157:717-24. 2007..Differential expression of several genes between ACTH-secreting pituitary tumors causing Cushing' disease (CD), silent corticotroph adenoma (SCA), and non-functioning pituitary tumors (NFT) was investigated...
- The activation and physiological functions of the proprotein convertasesNabil G Seidah
Laboratory of Biochemical Neuroendocrinology, Clinical Research Institute of Montreal, 110 Pine Avenue West, Montreal, Quebec H2W 1R7, Canada
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 40:1111-25. 2008..Seven of them cleave after basic amino acids and are called PC1/3, PC2, furin, PC4, PC5/6, PACE4 and PC7...
- The family of subtilisin/kexin like pro-protein and pro-hormone convertases: divergent or shared functionsN G Seidah
JA DeSève Laboratories of Biochemical Neuroendocrinology, Clinical Research Institute of Montreal, Que, Canada
Biochimie 76:197-209. 1994..These subtilisin/kexin-like convertases were called furin/PACE, PC1/PC3, PC2, PACE4, PC4 and PC5/PC6...
- [East European gene pool and diseases in the rural population of European Russia]Iu G Rychkov
Vavilov Institute of General Genetics, Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow, Russia
Genetika 34:1138-50. 1998..The second principal component (PC2.G, 11...
- Cellular localization and role of prohormone convertases in the processing of pro-melanin concentrating hormone in mammalsA Viale
Institut de Pharmacologie Moleculaire et Cellulaire, CNRS UPR411, 660 route des Lucioles, Sophia Antipolis, 06560 Valbonne, France
J Biol Chem 274:6536-45. 1999..studies to reveal simultaneously the expression of MCH mRNA and proconvertases (PCs) such as PC1/3 or PC2. In the rat hypothalamus, PC2 was present in all MCH neurons, and PC1/3 was present in about 15-20% of these cells...
- Immunohistochemical evidence for the implication of PC1 in the processing of proneurotensin in rat brainP Villeneuve
Montreal Neurological Institute, McGill University, Quebec, Canada
Neuroreport 11:3443-7. 2000Biochemical studies have shown that prohormone convertases PC1, PC2 and PC5A all have the capacity to process, with different specificities, the neurotensin/neuromedin N precursor, pro-NT/NN...
- Isolation and characterization of a novel gene from the DiGeorge chromosomal region that encodes for a mediator subunitL Berti
Department of Protein Biochemistry, Institute of Molecular Immunology GSF, Munich, 81377, Germany
Genomics 74:320-32. 2001..We report the isolation of a novel gene, PCQAP (PC2 glutamine/Q-rich-associated protein), that maps to the DiGeorge typically deleted region and encodes a protein ..
- Keratin 17 null mice exhibit age- and strain-dependent alopeciaKevin M McGowan
Department of Biological Chemistry, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Genes Dev 16:1412-22. 2002Onset of type I keratin 17 (K17) synthesis marks the adoption of an appendageal fate within embryonic ectoderm, and its expression persists in specific cell types within mature hair, glands, and nail...
- Immunocytochemical localization of prohormone convertases PC1 and PC2 in the mouse thyroid gland and respiratory tractShingo Kurabuchi
Department of Histology, School of Dentistry, The Nippon Dental University, Tokyo, Japan
J Histochem Cytochem 50:903-9. 2002We examined immunocytochemical localization of the prohormone convertases, PC1 and PC2, in the thyroid gland and respiratory tract of the adult mouse using the indirect enzyme- and immunogold-labeled antibody methods for light and ..
- The EGL-21 carboxypeptidase E facilitates acetylcholine release at Caenorhabditis elegans neuromuscular junctionsTija C Jacob
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of California Berkeley, Berkeley, California 94720, USA
J Neurosci 23:2122-30. 2003..Mutants lacking either egl-21 CPE or egl-3, which encodes the C. elegans ortholog of PC type 2 (PC2), were defective for processing endogenously expressed FMRFamide (Phe-Met-Arg-Phe-NH2)-related peptides (FaRPs)...
- Abrogation of protein convertase 2 activity results in delayed islet cell differentiation and maturation, increased alpha-cell proliferation, and islet neogenesisM Vincent
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, State University of New York, Brooklyn, New York 11203, USA
Endocrinology 144:4061-9. 2003..To address this issue, we examined mice with a disruption in the gene encoding prohormone convertase 2 (PC2)...
- I-TAC/CXCL11 is a natural antagonist for CCR5Vibor Petkovic
Institute for Research in Biomedicine, Ballinzona, Switzerland
J Leukoc Biol 76:701-8. 2004..Sequence and structure analyses indicate a potential role for K17, K49, and Q51 of I-TAC in CCR5 binding...
- Strain-dependent influences on the hypothalamo-pituitary-adrenal axis profoundly affect the 7B2 and PC2 null phenotypesJuan R Peinado
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, 1901 Perdido Street, New Orleans, Louisiana 70112, USA
Endocrinology 146:3438-44. 2005Two null mouse models have previously been created to study the role of the prohormone convertase (PC2) and its helper protein 7B2; unexpectedly, the phenotypes of these two nulls differ profoundly, with the 7B2 but not the PC2 null ..
- Polycystin 2 interacts with type I inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate receptor to modulate intracellular Ca2+ signalingYun Li
Department of Physiology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
J Biol Chem 280:41298-306. 2005..The precise function of both PKD gene products polycystins (PCs) 1 and 2 remain controversial. PC2 has been localized to numerous cellular compartments, including the endoplasmic reticulum, plasma membrane, and ..
- Human cystathionine beta-synthase is a target for sumoylationOmer Kabil
Redox Biology Center, Biochemistry Department, University of Nebraska, Lincoln, Nebraska 68588 0664, USA
Biochemistry 45:13528-36. 2006..interact with CBS and have identified several components of the sumoylation pathway including Ubc9, PIAS1, PIAS3, Pc2, and RanBPM...
- Mice expressing a mutant Krt75 (K6hf) allele develop hair and nail defects resembling pachyonychia congenitaJiang Chen
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA
J Invest Dermatol 128:270-9. 2008..phenotypes observed in our mutant Krt75 mice suggest that KRT75 may be a candidate gene for screening PC patients who do not exhibit obvious mutations in KRT6A, KRT6B, KRT16, or KRT17, especially those with extensive hair involvement.
- MEL-18 interacts with HSF2 and the SUMO E2 UBC9 to inhibit HSF2 sumoylationJie Zhang
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry, Chandler Medical Center, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky 40536, USA
J Biol Chem 283:7464-9. 2008..is regulated and suggest that MEL-18, in contrast to the sumoylation-stimulating activities of the polycomb protein PC2, actually functions like an anti-SUMO ubiquitin-protein isopeptide ligase (E3), interacting both with HSF2 and the ..
- Co-inheritance of a PKD1 mutation and homozygous PKD2 variant: a potential modifier in autosomal dominant polycystic kidney diseaseG V Z Dedoussis
Department of Science Dietetics Nutrition, Harokopio University of Athens, Athens, Greece
Eur J Clin Invest 38:180-90. 2008Autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease (ADPKD), which is caused by mutations in polycystins 1 (PC1) and 2 (PC2), is one of the most commonly inherited renal diseases, affecting ~1 : 1000 Caucasians.
- Role of furin in granular acidification in the endocrine pancreas: identification of the V-ATPase subunit Ac45 as a candidate substrateEls Louagie
Department of Human Genetics, Box 602, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Gasthuisberg O N 1, Herestraat 49, B 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:12319-24. 2008..Pdx1-Cre/loxP furin KO mice show decreased secretion of insulin and impaired processing of known PC2 substrates like proPC2 and proinsulin II...
- Cathepsin L colocalizes with chromogranin a in chromaffin vesicles to generate active peptidesNilima Biswas
Department of Medicine 0838, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093 0838, USA
Endocrinology 150:3547-57. 2009..processing of neuropeptides, acts like the well-established serine proteases [prohormone convertase (PC)1/3 or PC2] to generate catestatin by proteolytic processing of CgA...
- PC2/CPE-mediated pro-protein processing in tumor cells and its differentiated cells or tissuesSong Shan Tang
Department of Biochemistry, School of Basic Courses, Guangdong Pharmaceutical University, Guangzhou, China
Mol Cell Endocrinol 303:43-9. 2009Pro-protein convertase-2 (PC2) and carboxypeptidase-E (CPE) proteins are two major members of the pro-protein convertases that involve in the maturation of protein precursor...
- Increased pachyonychia congenita severity in patients with concurrent keratin and filaggrin mutationsR Gruber
Department of Dermatology, Innsbruck Medical University, Innsbruck, Austria
Br J Dermatol 161:1391-5. 2009..congenita (PC), a rare autosomal-dominant keratin disorder caused by mutations in keratin genes KRT6A/B, KRT16 or KRT17, is characterized by painful plantar keratoderma and hypertrophic nail dystrophy...
- Modulation of PLAGL2 transactivation by positive cofactor 2 (PC2), a component of the ARC/Mediator complexSara J Wezensky
Department of Veterinary Molecular Biology, Montana State University, Bozeman, MT 59717, USA
Gene 452:22-34. 2010..In this study, a yeast two-hybrid screen identified PC2, a component of the Mediator complex, as a PLAGL2-binding protein. We show that PC2 cooperates with PLAGL2 and PU...
- A role for non-covalent SUMO interaction motifs in Pc2/CBX4 E3 activityJacqueline C Merrill
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics and Center for Cell Signaling, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e8794. 2010..In addition to covalent attachment of SUMO to target proteins, specific non-covalent SUMO interaction motifs (SIMs) that are generally short hydrophobic peptide motifs have been identified...
- Quantifying the interaction of the C-terminal regions of polycystin-2 and polycystin-1 attached to a lipid bilayer by means of QCMDaniela Behn
Institut fur Organische und Biomolekulare Chemie, Georg August Universitat, Tammannstr 2, 37077 Gottingen, Germany
Biophys Chem 150:47-53. 2010The pkd1 and pkd2 genes encode for the proteins polycystin-1 (PC1) and polycystin-2 (PC2). These genes are mutated in patients diagnosed with autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease...
- A large mutational study in pachyonychia congenitaNeil J Wilson
Division of Molecular Medicine, University of Dundee, Dundee, UK
J Invest Dermatol 131:1018-24. 2011..PC is due to heterozygous mutations in one of four keratin genes, namely, KRT6A, KRT6B, KRT16, or KRT17. Here, we report genetic analysis of 90 new families with PC in which we identified mutations in KRT6A, KRT6B, ..
- Structural evaluation of probucol nanoparticles in water by atomic force microscopyKunikazu Moribe
Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chiba University, 1 8 1 Inohana, Chuo Ku, Chiba 260 8675, Japan
Int J Pharm 427:365-71. 2012Structural evaluation of probucol nanoparticles coground with polyvinylpyrrolidone K17 and sodium dodecyl sulfate for 90 min was performed by solid-state nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) spectroscopy and atomic force microscopy (AFM) ..
- Synchrotron Fourier transform infrared (FTIR) analysis of single living cells progressing through the cell cycleDonna R Whelan
Centre for Biospectroscopy, School of Chemistry, Monash University, 3800, Victoria, Australia
Analyst 138:3891-9. 2013..analysis (PCA) from three independent trials we show clustering on a 2-dimensional scores plots (PC1 versus PC2) from cell spectra only two hours apart within the cell cycle...
- Surface enhanced Raman scattering (SERS) with biopolymer encapsulated silver nanosubstrates for rapid detection of foodborne pathogensJaya Sundaram
United Stated Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service, Russell Research Center, Athens, GA 30605, USA
Int J Food Microbiol 167:67-73. 2013..PC1 identified 96% of the variation among the given bacteria specimen, and PC2 identified 3%, resulted in a total of 99% classification accuracy...
- Morphine treatment selectively regulates expression of rat pituitary POMC and the prohormone convertases PC1/3 and PC2Ying Nie
Department of Radiation Medicine, Loma Linda University, Loma Linda, CA 92350, USA
Peptides 47:99-109. 2013The prohormone convertases, PC1/3 and PC2 are thought to be responsible for the activation of many prohormones through processing including the endogenous opioid peptides...
- Polycystin 2 is involved in the nitric oxide production in responding to oscillating fluid shear in MLO-Y4 cellsHuiyun Xu
Key Laboratory for Space Biosciences and Biotechnology, School of Life Sciences, Northwestern Polytechnical University, 127 Youyi Xilu, Xi an 710072, Shaanxi Province, People s Republic of China
J Biomech 47:387-91. 2014As a mechano-calcium channel, polycystin2 (PC2) play an important role in the response of renal epithelial cells to fluid flow shear stress...
- Improved algorithms for the classification of rough rice using a bionic electronic nose based on PCA and the Wilks distributionSai Xu
Key Laboratory of Key Technology on Agricultural Machine and Equipment, South China Agricultural University, Ministry of Education, Guangzhou 510642, China
Sensors (Basel) 14:5486-501. 2014..The first two principal components (namely PC1 and PC2) and the first and fifth principal component (namely PC1 and PC5) were selected as the inputs of PNN for the ..
- Kinematics and subpopulations' structure definition of blue fox (Alopex lagopus) sperm motility using the ISAS® V1 CASA systemC Soler
Departament de Biologia Funcional i Antropologia Física, Universitat de Valencia, Burjassot, Spain
Reprod Domest Anim 49:560-7. 2014..Kinematic variables were grouped into two principal components (PC). A linear movement characterized PC1, while PC2 showed an oscillatory movement. Three subpopulations were found, varying in structure among different animals.
- Distinguishing Vaccinium species by chemical fingerprinting based on NMR spectra, validated with spectra collected in different laboratoriesMichelle A Markus
Bruker Biospin Corporation, Billerica, MA, USA
Planta Med 80:732-9. 2014..Analysis of variance statistical tests demonstrated that the three groups differ significantly on PC2, establishing that the three species can be distinguished by nuclear magnetic resonance...
- Environmental factors influencing the distribution of ammonifying and denitrifying bacteria and water qualities in 10 lakes and reservoirs of the Northeast, ChinaXinyu Zhao
College of Water Sciences, Beijing Normal University, Beijing, 100875, China State Key Laboratory of Environmental Criteria and Risk Assessment, Chinese Research Academy of Environmental Sciences, Beijing, 100012, China
Microb Biotechnol 8:541-8. 2015..of total variances which are conditionally classified by the 'natural' factor (PC1) and 'nitrogen nutrients' (PC2, PC3)...
- [Clinical and molecular findings of pachyonychia congenita type 2 (PC-2)]Francisco Cammarata-Scalisi
Unidad de Genética Médica, Departamento de Puericultura y Pediatría, Universidad de Los Andes, Merida, Venezuela
Gac Med Mex 151:270-2. 2015..from type 1 by multiple steatocysts and/or presence of natal teeth and can be confirmed by mutations of KRT6B and KRT17. We report the case of a 33-year-o/d female patient with the missense mutation in KRT17 gene (c.280C> T, p...
- Lameness detection via leg-mounted accelerometers on dairy cows on four commercial farmsV M Thorup
1INRA, UMR 791 Systemic Modelling of Ruminant Nutrition, 16 rue Claude Bernard, 75231 Paris Cedex 05, France
Animal 9:1704-12. 2015..b>PC2 corresponded to Activity level due to heavy loading by MI walking, MI standing and walking duration...
- Non-Invasive Intravital Imaging of siRNA-Mediated Mutant Keratin Gene Repression in SkinRobyn P Hickerson
TransDerm Inc, 2161 Delaware Ave, Santa Cruz, CA, 95060, USA
Mol Imaging Biol 18:34-42. 2016..Pachyonychia congenita (PC) is a skin disorder caused by mutations in genes encoding keratin (K) 6a/b, K16, and K17, resulting in faulty intermediate filaments...
- Metal and metalloid accumulation in cultivated urban soils: A medium-term study of trends in Toronto, CanadaClare L S Wiseman
School of the Environment, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada Electronic address
Sci Total Environ 538:564-72. 2015..b>PC2 with high correlations between Cd, Sb and Pb, attributed to traffic sources of emissions...
- Can skin disease cause neuropathic pain? A study in pachyonychia congenitaT Wallis
University Hospitals Southampton, Southampton General Hospital, Southampton, Hampshire, UK
Clin Exp Dermatol 41:26-33. 2016..rare skin disorder caused by an autosomal dominant mutation in one of five genes encoding keratin (K6a, K6b, K6c, K16 or K17; each defining one PC subtype). Pain is a prominent symptom, but its severity and type are poorly characterized.
- Identification and apportionment of hazardous elements in the sediments in the Yangtze River estuaryJiawei Wang
State Key Laboratory of Water Environment Simulation, School of Environment, Beijing Normal University, No 19, Xinjiekouwai Street, Beijing, 100875, China
Environ Sci Pollut Res Int 22:20215-25. 2015..analysis indicated that PC1, including Al, Fe, Mn, Cr, Ni, As, Cu, and Zn, can be defined as a sewage component; PC2, including Pb and Sb, can be considered as an atmospheric deposition component; and PC3, containing Cd and Hg, can ..
- Immunohistochemical expression of K6, K8, K16, K17, K19, maspin, syndecan-1 (CD138), α-SMA, and Ki-67 in ameloblastoma and ameloblastic carcinoma: diagnostic and prognostic correlationsRima A Safadi
Associate Professor, Faculty of Dentistry, Jordan University of Science and Technology, Irbid, Jordan Electronic address
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol 121:402-11. 2016..To identify cutoff values of markers that correlate with the histopathologic diagnosis of ameloblastic carcinoma (AC) and/or the increased recurrence potential of ameloblastoma (AB)...
- Proteomic biomarkers for psoriasis and psoriasis arthritisJ Reindl
Institute of Biochemistry I, University Hospital, Friedrich Schiller University, Jena, Germany
J Proteomics 140:55-61. 2016..Moreover, several candidates desmoplakin, complement C3, polymeric immunoglobulin receptor, and cytokeratin 17, correlated with PASI in all patients...
- Mutations in GANAB, Encoding the Glucosidase IIα Subunit, Cause Autosomal-Dominant Polycystic Kidney and Liver DiseaseBinu Porath
Division of Nephrology and Hypertension, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Am J Hum Genet 98:1193-207. 2016..an absolute requirement of GIIα for maturation and surface and ciliary localization of the ADPKD proteins (PC1 and PC2), and reduced mature PC1 was seen in GANAB(+/-) cells...
- Lactobacillus sakei K17, an inducer of IL-10 expression in antigen-presenting cells, attenuates TNBS-induced colitis in miceSu Hyeon Eun
a Department of Life and Nanopharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, Kyung Hee University, Seoul, Korea
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol . 2016..interleukin (IL)-10 expression in dendritic cells (DCs) and macrophages, we isolated Lactobacillus sakei K17, which potently induced IL-10 expression in DCs and peritoneal macrophages in vitro, among the lactic acid bacteria ..
- Discovery metabolite profiling of the prolyl peptidasesAlan Saghatelian; Fiscal Year: 2009..Furthermore, the application of DMP to peptidases will demonstrate the generality of this approach for the future characterization of medically relevant enzymes and signaling pathways. ..
- Metabolic Modulation of VisionRobert Barlow; Fiscal Year: 2009..hypoglycemic from a null mutation of the glucagon receptor gene, Gcgr, or of the prohormone convertase 2 gene, PC2. Gcgr-/- and PC2-/- mice show the first signs of degeneration and loss of acuity at about 10 months of age and ..
- SAMUEL BRANDON STEPHENS; Fiscal Year: 2015..Pro-VGF is differentially cleaved by the hormone processing enzymes PC1/3 and PC2;VGF peptides are stored in dense core granules and secreted via the regulated secretory pathway...
- Hypothalamic SIRT1 and Energy BalanceEduardo A Nillni; Fiscal Year: 2013..To this purpose we will test the following hypotheses: 1. Sirt1 regulates PC1 and PC2 in N43 hypothalamic cells 2. Sirt1 regulates the PC's in POMC and AgRP neurons in the arcuate nucleus. 3...
- Iris Lindberg; Fiscal Year: 2014..in this grant focuses on the enzymes that accomplish this proteolytic step, prohormone convertases 1 and 2 (PC1 and PC2)...
- OPIATE PRECURSOR PROCESSINGVivian Hook; Fiscal Year: 1999..protease' (PTP) that is inhibited by endogenous alpha1-antichymotrypsin (ACT), as well as the roles of PC 1/3 and PC2 (PC - prohormone convertase), in PE processing...
- PRENATAL DIFFERENTIATION OF THE PITUITARY GLANDJohn Pintar; Fiscal Year: 2002..We will also compare the prenatal expression of PC2 and its chaperone 7B2, combined with analysis of PC2 maturation by immunoblotting, to define the relationship ..
- PROTRH GENE TRANSCRIPTION AND BIOSYNTHESIS BY LEPTINEDUARDO NILLNI; Fiscal Year: 2009..Aim #3. We will test the hypothesis that NPY down regulates the prohormone convertases 1 and 2 (PC1/2). Aim #4. We will identify the role of the egr-1 transcription factor in regulating PC2 by leptin and NPY
- Nuclear Architecture, NcRNAs and Epigenetics in Transcriptional Regulation by ERChunru Lin; Fiscal Year: 2012..of the interchromatin granules, by selectively interacting with methylated and unmethylated Polycomb 2 protein (Pc2) present on ER[unreadable] target gene promoters...
- Role of Interferon Regulatory Factor 6 (Irf6) in cutaneous wound healingMartine Dunnwald; Fiscal Year: 2010..3) Irf6 regulates keratinocyte differentiation and proliferation, 4) Irf6 regulates expression of Krt14 and Krt17, keratins known to be involved in wound healing, and 5) keratinocytes from mice deficient for Irf6 have impaired ..
- PIERRE COULOMBE; Fiscal Year: 2016..will build on our recent discovery, in efforts funded by this grant and focused so far on conventional keratin 17 (K17) and K6 null mice, of novel regulatory roles towards i) translation and cell growth, and ii) Src kinase activity, ..
- The Role of the Calcium Activated Potassium Channel, KCa3.1, in the Pathogenesis Edward Skolnik; Fiscal Year: 2010..Loss of both copies of PC1 or PC2 is associated with a decrease in of Ca2+ influx into mutant cells which is thought to mediate cyst formation and ..
- L Darryl Quarles; Fiscal Year: 2014DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Pkd1 encodes PC1, a transmembrane receptor-like protein, and Pkd2 encodes PC2, a calcium channel, which interact to form functional polycystin complexes that are widely expressed in many tissues and ..
- Chunru Lin; Fiscal Year: 2015..of the interchromatin granules, by selectively interacting with methylated and unmethylated Polycomb 2 protein (Pc2) present on ER[unreadable] target gene promoters...
- Regulation of polycystin-2 channel activityBarbara E Ehrlich; Fiscal Year: 2013..Mutations in either the PKD1 or the PKD2 gene, which encode polycystin-1 (PC1) and polycystin-2 (PC2), respectively, are seen in over 95% of PKD cases...
- ENGINEERED GLUCOSE METABOLISM IN INSULIN SECRETING CELLSChristopher B Newgard; Fiscal Year: 2010..ICDc and MEc controls expression of neuroendocrine protein 7B2, a regulator of the proinsulin processing enzyme PC2, thereby affecting proinsulin:insulin ratios;4) To translate information about new targets for regulation of ..
- A forward genetic screen for PKD pathways in mice using the PiggyBac transposonStefan Somlo; Fiscal Year: 2010..the molecular pathogenesis of the disease, particular when it comes to the immediate signals downstream of the PC1/PC2 receptor channel complex...
- CONTROL OF PEPTIDE HORMONE BIOSYNTHESIS BY PC2 AND 7B2Iris Lindberg; Fiscal Year: 2012..In the present proposal, we plan to investigate these other roles. ..
- Regulation of cholangiocytes by InsP3 receptor isoformsMichael H Nathanson; Fiscal Year: 2012..A second intracellular protein polycystin-2 (PC2) is found in cholangiocytes but little is known about its role in Ca2+ signaling in these cells...
- Role of ncRNA-mediated Relocation of AR Transcription Units in Prostate CancerLiuqing Yang; Fiscal Year: 2012..relocation of gene regulatory regions based on covalent modifications of specific histone mark "readers," such as Pc2, are critical components of the regulatory machinery underlying the transcriptional actions of nuclear receptors, ..
- Pathogenesis of ADPKD-role of the transcriptional modulator TAZM Amin Arnaout; Fiscal Year: 2010..Disease (ADPKD) is caused by mutations in PKD1or PKD2, the genes encoding polycystin-1 (PCI) and polycystin-2 (PC2), respectively...
- gamma-MSH and Sodium MetabolismMichael Humphreys; Fiscal Year: 2007..if gamma-MSH acts centrally to inhibit sympathetic nervous outflow and lower blood pressure in hypertensive PC2 -/- mice on the high sodium diet...
- POMC PROCESSING & BETA-ENDORPHIN RELATED OPIOID PEPTIDEVivian Hook; Fiscal Year: 2000..The main goal is to assess the 70 kDa, PC1/3, and PC2 enzymes as candidate POMC processing enzymes by comparing POMC cleavage products, kinetics, enzyme colocalization ..
- Liuqing Yang; Fiscal Year: 2015..relocation of gene regulatory regions based on covalent modifications of specific histone mark "readers," such as Pc2, are critical components of the regulatory machinery underlying the transcriptional actions of nuclear receptors, ..
- Jing Zhou; Fiscal Year: 2014..Mutations in the PKD1 and PKD2 genes which encode polycystin-1 and -2 (PC1 and PC2), respectively, cause ADPKD. Mutations in the PKD1 gene alone are responsible for -85% cases of ADPKD...
- Analysis of the proteome of PKD-ELVs in polycystic kidney disease and controlsCHRISTOPHER J contact WARD; Fiscal Year: 2010..vesicles, which are rich in the protein products of the genes involved in polycystic kidney disease, PC1 and PC2. We wish to investigate the protein composition of these in healthy individuals and individuals with PKD1...
- STRUCTURAL DETERMINANTS IN REGULATION OF POMC PROCESSINGTheodore Friedman; Fiscal Year: 1999..Recently PC1 and PC2, members of a new family of subtilisin-like serine proteases, the prohormone convertases, have been cloned and ..
- V GUSTAVO BLANCO; Fiscal Year: 2014..ADPKD) is the most common inherited disease of the kidney, caused by alterations of polycystin 1 and 2 (PC1 and PC2)...
- Mario Strazzabosco; Fiscal Year: 2016..stimulation of VEGFR2 results in increased ERK1/2-dependent proliferation of the cystic epithelium, 3) PC2-defective cystic cholangiocytes, altered cellular Ca2+ homeostasis and a cAMP- dependent increase in PKA/Ras/Raf/..
- Stefan Somlo; Fiscal Year: 2016..genes has led to a conceptual equation of cellular pathways affected by loss of polycystin-1 (PC1) or polycystin-2 (PC2) with those affected following loss of structurally intact cilia...
- Transcriptional Control of ObesityDEBORAH GOOD; Fiscal Year: 2005..the processing enzymes necessary for cleaving POMC into bioactive peptides prohormone convertases I (PC1) and II (PC2) were reduced up to 80 percent in N2KO animals...
- Rebecca D Burdine; Fiscal Year: 2016..underlying this proposal is that cilia-driven fluid flow in Kupffer's vesicle (KV) signals through he PC1L1/PC2 channel complex to repress transcription of charon on the left side of the embryo...
- Mechanosensing function of primary cilium-polycysin complex in boneZhousheng Xiao; Fiscal Year: 2010..We have discovered that polycystin 1 (PC1), a cell-surface transmembrane receptor encoded by PKD1, polycystin 2 (PC2), a calcium channel encoded by PKD2, and primary cilium, a single, non-motile, membrane-covered cell surface ..
- Molecular Pathology in Polycystic Kidney DiseaseJing Zhou; Fiscal Year: 2010..kidney disease (ADPKD), caused by mutations in PKD1 and PKD2 genes that encode polycystin-1 and -2 (PC1 and PC2), respectively, is the most common lethal monogenic genetic diseases (ADPKD) of man, affecting ~1 in 1,000 ..
- Neuropeptide processing and ischemic retina injuryAn Zhou; Fiscal Year: 2007..aims of this proposal are: 1) To establish the potential involvement of proprotein converse 1 and 2 (PC1 and PC2, respectively) in retinal neuropeptide processing...
- A new gene family as modifiers of polycystin signalingRenee Miller; Fiscal Year: 2009Our lab is interested in the mechanosensory signaling pathways initiated at the lov-1/PC1 and pkd-2/PC2 polycystin cation channel complex. We will exploit the nematode, C...
- Molecular control of male reproductionDEBORAH GOOD; Fiscal Year: 2003..In other studies, we have found that levels of two neuropeptide processing enzymes, PC1 and PC2, are reduced up to 90% in N2KO mice...
- Keratin Function in the Cancer CellDaryle DePianto; Fiscal Year: 2007..Keratin 17 (K17) gene expressions is observed within the hair follicle, at sites of injury to the epidermis, and in ..
- Genomic approach to investigating ex vivo hematopoiesisELEFTHERIOS PAPOUTSAKIS; Fiscal Year: 2007..Culture conditions, such as cytokine combinations and presentation, oxygen tension (pC2) and pH, alter stem- and progenitor-cell differentiation and proliferation with substantial patient-to-patient ..
- SYNERGY PC2JAMES DLUHY; Fiscal Year: 1999The Phase I objective is a prototype of the Synergy PC2, a computer-based device which increases the independence of individuals with physical disabilities by providing portable adaptive access to the following integrated functions: (1) ..
- Roles of polycystin and calcium in B-Raf signalingDARREN WALLACE; Fiscal Year: 2004..Recent studies indicate polycystin-1 (PC1) and polycystin-2 (PC2) are partners in the regulation of Ca 2+ entry into cells...
- Specificity of propeptide converting enzymes.ROBERT MACKIN; Fiscal Year: 2006..This proposal will address two questions: One, is the specificity of the converting enzyme PC2 altered by the presence of neuropeptide 7B2 during its post-translational maturation? Two, can we define the ..
- Genes and Proteins Leading to AddictionTheodore Friedman; Fiscal Year: 2006..Two prohormone convertases, PC1 and PC2, are believed to be primarily responsible for the activation of many pro-neurohormones, e.g...
- Proprotein Processing, Trafficking and Secretion Gordon ConferenceNabil Seidah; Fiscal Year: 2006..The integration of protease systems that are required both for normal physiology and human disease will be relevant to our understanding of the molecular bases of diabetes, cancer, Alzheimer's and drug addiction. ..
- Function of polycystin 1 and 2 in human kidney cellsChang Xu; Fiscal Year: 2005..The PKD1 protein, polycystin-1 (PC1), is a large integral protein whose function is not clear. PC2, the PKD2 protein, is a membrane protein believed to function as a Ca2+ permeable cation channel in the endoplasmic ..
- PROTRH GENE TRANSCRIPTION AND BIOSYNTHESES BY LEPTINEDUARDO NILLNI; Fiscal Year: 2008..in TRH biosynthesis due to leptin action was associated with an up-regulation of the processing enzymes PCI and PC2, involved in the maturation of TRH and other proTRH peptides...
- ProTRH sorting to the regulated secretory pathwayEDUARDO NILLNI; Fiscal Year: 2006..The sorting of the proTRH N- and C-terminal fragments is routed to two different pathways. Aim 4. The tertiary structure of proTRH contributes to its processing by PC1 and PC2 and further sorting to the RSP.
- POMC Processing and Beta-Endorphine-Related Opioid PeptidesVivian Y H Hook; Fiscal Year: 2010..as a new protease pathway for prohormone processing, in addition to the well known subtilisin-like PC1 and PC2 and carboxypeptidase E/H pathway...
- BIOSYNTHESIS OF ENKEPHALIN OPIOID PEPTIDESVivian Hook; Fiscal Year: 2009..enyzmes for PE processing complement our earlier findings showing participation of the subtilisin-like PC1 and PC2 and carboxypeptidase E/H in processing PE...
- INTEGRATED DNA SEQUENCING SYSTEMVivian Hook; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Proteomics/Genomics of Opiate Analgesia and AddictionVivian Hook; Fiscal Year: 2004..Elucidation of distinct pathways will be significant, since it could allow future design of opiate drug regimens that provide effective analgesia, without the tolerance and dependence of addiction. ..
- Serpin Protease Inhibitors & Opioid NeuropeptidesVivian Hook; Fiscal Year: 2006..Serpin regulation of opioid peptides that mediate analgesia and stress may lead to development of new therapeutic approaches in pain and neurologic disease. ..
- THE CRES GENE IN REPRODUCTIONGail Cornwall; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Molecular Physiology of Polycystin-2Horacio F Cantiello; Fiscal Year: 2010..disease (ADPKD) is largely caused by mutations in the PKD1 and PKD2 genes, encoding the polycystins 1 (PC1) and 2 (PC2) proteins...
- THE CRES GENE IN REPRODUCTIONGail Cornwall; Fiscal Year: 2007..proteases but rather is a competitive inhibitor (Ki = 25 nM) of the serine protease prohormone convertase 2 (PC2)...
- Blockade of Anthrax Cytotoxicity Using Furin InhibitorsIris Lindberg; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Dynamic Interactions of IP3 Receptor LigandsBARBARA EHRLICH; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- OPIOID PEPTIDE PROCESSING ENZYMESIris Lindberg; Fiscal Year: 2002..projects, one on the proteolytic processing of opioid peptide precursors, and one on the mechanism of action of the PC2 binding protein 7B2...
- VP peptides and receptors in diagnosis of breast cancer.WILLIAM NORTH; Fiscal Year: 2006..Another successful end-point would be the finding that these same methods can successfully monitor current treatments, and potentially lead to new and more effective ones. ..
- Vascular Complications of Polycystic Kidney DiseaseQi Qian; Fiscal Year: 2007..This period of laboratory based study, plus the formalized career development program, is designed to train the candidate as a physician scientist with a unique expertise in vascular aspects of ADPKD. ..
- 2002 Gordon Research Conf. on Intermediate FilamentsPIERRE COULOMBE; Fiscal Year: 2002..In addition, there will be a special "Perspectives" session and a platform session dedicated to the discussion of posters. ..
- Keratin proteins and non-melanoma skin tumorsPIERRE COULOMBE; Fiscal Year: 2008..There is relatively little known about the biochemical determinants of BCC tumor biology. The type I keratin 17 (K17) is consistently induced in BCC lesions, whether in human skin or in relevant transgenic mouse models, making it a ..
- The Role of Polycystins in the Regulation of Intracellular Calcium and Vascular RQi Qian; Fiscal Year: 2007..The central hypothesis is that polycystin-2 (PC2, the protein product of the Pkd2 gene) regulates the activity of SOC channels...
- NEUROPEPTIDES AND SMALL CELL CARCINOMAWILLIAM NORTH; Fiscal Year: 2002..The information obtained is expected to result in effective chemotherapeutic and immunotherapeutic interventions for all patients with limited and extensive SCCL. ..
- GRSA Proteins in the Diagnosis of Breast CancerWILLIAM NORTH; Fiscal Year: 2002..These methods could be applicable to all patients with breast cancer or suspected breast cancer. ..
- Phase Ib trial of TD101 siRNA for pachyonychia congenita (IND 77,504, 12-03-07)Sancy Leachman; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- MOLECULAR ANALYSIS OF TRANSCRIPTIONAL REPRESSION BY TGIFDavid Wotton; Fiscal Year: 2010..TGIF is amplified in esophageal tumors, which are more resistant to TGF beta mediated growth inhibition, suggesting a role for TGIF in tumorigenesis. ..
- CCK in Generating Enzyme - Structure, Location and RoleMargery Beinfeld; Fiscal Year: 2005Prohormone convertases PC1, PC2 and PC5 are good candidates for the enzymes responsible for the post-translational processing of CCK in rodent brain...