Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: KLK2
Description: kallikrein related peptidase 2
Alias: KLK2A2, hGK-1, hK2, kallikrein-2, glandular kallikrein 2, glandular kallikrein-1, kallikrein 2, prostatic, tissue kallikrein-2
Publications311 found, 100 shown here
- Prostatic human kallikrein 2 inactivates and complexes with plasminogen activator inhibitor-1S D Mikolajczyk
Hybritech Incorporated, a subsidiary of Beckman Coulter Inc, San Diego, CA 92196 9006, USA
Int J Cancer 81:438-42. 1999Human kallikrein 2 (hK2) is a serine protease expressed predominantly in the prostate which has 80% homology to prostate-specific antigen (PSA)...
- Prostate-specific kallikreins-2 and -4 enhance the proliferation of DU-145 prostate cancer cells through protease-activated receptors-1 and -2Gregory J Mize
Department of Urology, University of Washington, Box 356510, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Mol Cancer Res 6:1043-51. 2008A major characteristic of prostate cancer is the elevation of serum levels of prostate-specific antigen (hK3) and hK2, which are tumor markers that correlate with advancing stages of disease...
- The prostate-specific antigen gene and the human glandular kallikrein-1 gene are tandemly located on chromosome 19P H Riegman
Department of Pathology, Erasmus University, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
FEBS Lett 247:123-6. 1989..Assuming that the pancreas/kidney kallikrein gene is located in the same cluster, the distance to the prostate-specific antigen gene and the human glandular kallikrein gene must be at least 15 kb...
- Primary structure of a human glandular kallikrein geneL J Schedlich
Department of Physiology, University of Sydney, NSW, Australia
DNA 6:429-37. 1987..Thus, if hGK-1 is expressed, its product represents a new, and possibly the only other enzyme with true kallikrein-like specificity in man...
- Potential involvement of kallikrein hK2 in the hydrolysis of the human seminal vesicle proteins after ejaculationD Deperthes
Laboratory of Hormonal Bioregulation, CHUL Research Center, Sainte Foy, Quebec, Canada
J Androl 17:659-65. 1996We have recently demonstrated in liquefied human seminal plasma the presence of the novel kallikrein hK2 in association with protein C inhibitor (PCI) as a 75-kDa complex...
- Purification of enzymatically active kallikrein hK2 from human seminal plasmaG Frenette
Hormonal Bioregulation Laboratory, CHUL Research Center, Sainte Foy, Quebec, Canada
Biochim Biophys Acta 1334:109-15. 1997Kallikrein hK2 is a member of the human glandular kallikrein family which includes prostate-specific antigen (PSA) and pancreatic-renal kallikrein...
- Human glandular kallikrein, hK2, shows arginine-restricted specificity and forms complexes with plasma protease inhibitorsS D Mikolajczyk
Hybritech Incorporated, San Diego, CA 92196 9006, USA
Prostate 34:44-50. 1998Human glandular kallikrein (hK2) is a new potential marker for prostate cancer. It is a serine protease expressed in human prostate epithelial cells which has 78% sequence identity with prostate-specific antigen (PSA)...
- Enzymatic action of human glandular kallikrein 2 (hK2). Substrate specificity and regulation by Zn2+ and extracellular protease inhibitorsJ Lovgren
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Lund University, Malmo, Sweden
Eur J Biochem 262:781-9. 1999Human glandular kallikrein 2 (hK2) is a serine protease expressed by the prostate gland with 80% identity in primary structure to prostate-specific antigen (PSA)...
- Insulin-like growth factor binding proteins (IGFBPs) as potential physiological substrates for human kallikreins hK2 and hK3S Rehault
Laboratoire d Enzymologie et Chimie des Protéines, INSERM Université François Rabelais, Tours, France
Eur J Biochem 268:2960-8. 2001..To elucidate the putative biological role of prostatic kallikreins hK2 and hK3 (prostate-specific antigen) in tumour progression, we analyzed the degradation of IGFBP-2, -3, -4 and -5 by ..
- Serpin-derived peptide substrates for investigating the substrate specificity of human tissue kallikreins hK1 and hK2L Bourgeois
Laboratory of Enzymology and Protein Chemistry, CNRS EP 117, University Francois Rabelais, 37032 Tours, France
J Biol Chem 272:29590-5. 1997The third human tissue kallikrein to be identified, hK2, could be an alternate or complementary marker to kallikrein hK3 (prostate-specific antigen) for prostate diseases...
- Identification of a novel complex between human kallikrein 2 and protease inhibitor-6 in prostate cancer tissueS D Mikolajczyk
Hybritech Inc, San Diego, California 92121, USA
Cancer Res 59:3927-30. 1999..Expression of hK2 is elevated in the tumor epithelium compared to benign prostate tissue...
- Sequencing and expression analysis of the serine protease gene cluster located in chromosome 19q13 regionL Gan
Chiroscience R and D Inc 1631 220th St SE Bothell, WA 98021, USA
Gene 257:119-30. 2000..the chromosome band 19q13, contains several tissue-specific serine protease genes including the prostate-specific KLK2, KLK3 and prostase genes...
- Tagging SNPs in the kallikrein genes 3 and 2 on 19q13 and their associations with prostate cancer in men of European originProdipto Pal
Department of Environmental Health, Center for Genome Information, University of Cincinnati Medical Center, OH 45267 0056, USA
Hum Genet 122:251-9. 2007Two of the classical kallikrein genes KLK3 and KLK2 on 19q13.4 are plausible candidates in prostate cancer susceptibility. They are expressed almost exclusively in prostate tissue...
- The evolution of the glandular kallikrein locus: identification of orthologs and pseudogenes in the cotton-top tamarinA Yvonne Olsson
Wallenberg Laboratories Department of Laboratory Medicine, Division of Clinical Chemistry, Lund University, Entr 46, 4th fl University Hospital UMAS, S 205 02 Malmo, Sweden
Gene 343:347-55. 2004..For example, the mouse and the rat lack the genes encoding prostate-specific antigen (PSA) and human glandular kallikrein 2 (hK2). In contrast, the intergenic region between KLK1 and KLK15 is devoid of genes and spans only 1...
- The precursor form of the human kallikrein 2, a kallikrein homologous to prostate-specific antigen, is present in human sera and is increased in prostate cancer and benign prostatic hyperplasiaM S Saedi
Hybritech Incorporated, Beckman Coulter, Inc, San Diego, CA 92126, USA
Clin Chem 44:2115-9. 1998..Human glandular kallikrein 2 (hK2) has been proposed as a potential diagnostic marker for prostate cancer that could complement the ..
- Kallikrein gene expression in human pituitary tissuesJ A Clements
Prince Henry s Institute of Medical Research, St Vincent s Hospital, Victoria, Australia
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 44:223-31. 1996..members have been characterized in the human: glandular kallikrein (KLK1) and two genes expressed in the prostate, KLK2 or hGK1 and KLK3 or prostate specific antigen (PSA)...
- Human tissue kallikrein 5 is a member of a proteolytic cascade pathway involved in seminal clot liquefaction and potentially in prostate cancer progressionIacovos P Michael
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Ontario M5G 1X5, Canada
J Biol Chem 281:12743-50. 2006..the activation site of each kallikrein and recombinant pro-hKs, we demonstrated that hK5 is able to activate pro-hK2 and pro-hK3. We then showed that, following their activation, hK5 can internally cleave and deactivate hK2 and hK3...
- Characterization of the human kallikrein locusP H Riegman
Department of Pathology, Erasmus University, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Genomics 14:6-11. 1992..tissue kallikrein (KLK1), prostate-specific antigen (PA or APS), and human glandular kallikrein-1 (hGK-1 or KLK2). The three genes have previously been isolated and mapped to chromosome 19q13.2-q13.4...
- Screening for prostate cancer in 2008 II: the importance of molecular subforms of prostate-specific antigen and tissue kallikreinsFlip H Jansen
Department of Urology, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Eur Urol 55:563-74. 2009..Over the past decades, prostate-specific antigen (PSA), its isoforms, and other members of the tissue kallikrein family have been of continuous interest with regard to early detection and screening for prostate cancer (PCa)...
- Human tissue kallikreins: a family of new cancer biomarkersEleftherios P Diamandis
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Clin Chem 48:1198-205. 2002..Prostate-specific antigen (PSA; hK3) and, more recently, human glandular kallikrein (hK2) are widely used tumor markers for prostate cancer...
- alpha2-macroglobulin and C1-inactivator are plasma inhibitors of human glandular kallikreinM J Heeb
Departments of Molecular and Experimental Medicine and of Vascular Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA
Blood Cells Mol Dis 24:412-9. 1998Human glandular kallikrein (hK2) is a possible new marker for prostate cancer that is homologous to prostate specific antigen...
- Testing in serum for human glandular kallikrein 2, and free and total prostate specific antigen in biannual screening for prostate cancerCharlotte Becker
Department of Clinical Chemistry, Lund University, University Hospital Malmo, Sweden
J Urol 170:1169-74. 2003We investigated the value of serum measurements for glandular kallikrein 2 (hK2), and free (f) and total (t) prostate specific antigen (PSA) in a second round of biannual screening for prostate cancer.
- Rapid elimination by glomerular filtration of free prostate specific antigen and human kallikrein 2 after renal transplantationLaila Bruun
Department of Nephrology and Transplantation, Lund University, University Hospital, Malmo, Sweden
J Urol 171:1432-5. 2004..but there have been sparse data reported on the rates and pathways of elimination of PSA complexes and human kallikrein 2 (hK2)...
- Prognostic value of combined "triple"-reverse transcription-PCR analysis for prostate-specific antigen, human kallikrein 2, and prostate-specific membrane antigen mRNA in peripheral blood and lymph nodes of prostate cancer patientsRalf Kurek
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Philipps University, Marburg, Germany
Clin Cancer Res 10:5808-14. 2004....
- Production and activation of recombinant hK2 with propeptide mutations resulting in high expression levelsJ Lovgren
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Division of Clinical Chemistry, Lund University, University Hospital, Malmo, Sweden
Eur J Biochem 266:1050-5. 1999Human glandular kallikrein 2 (hK2) is a serine protease expressed mainly by the prostate gland with 80% identity in primary structure to prostate specific antigen (PSA)...
- The role of molecular forms of prostate-specific antigen (PSA or hK3) and of human glandular kallikrein 2 (hK2) in the diagnosis and monitoring of prostate cancer and in extra-prostatic diseaseC Becker
Dept of Clinical Chemistry, Lund University, Malmo University Hospital, Malmo, Sweden
Crit Rev Clin Lab Sci 38:357-99. 2001..Human glandular kallikrein 2 (hK2) is very similar to PSA, but expressed at higher levels in prostate adenocarcinoma than in normal ..
- Standardization of two immunoassays for human glandular kallikrein 2Alexander Haese
Department of Urology, The James Buchanan Brady Urological Institute, The Johns Hopkins University Medical Institutions, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Clin Chem 49:601-10. 2003Measurement of human kallikrein 2 (hK2) has improved early detection and staging of prostate cancer. However, reported concentrations of hK2 among currently used assays have not been standardized in any way...
- Sensitive and specific immunodetection of human glandular kallikrein 2 in serumC Becker
Department of Clinical Chemistry, Lund University, University Hospital Malmo, S 205 02 Malmo, Sweden
Clin Chem 46:198-206. 2000Human glandular kallikrein 2 (hK2) is expressed in the prostate and is present in serum from men with prostate cancer...
- Development of sensitive immunoassays for free and total human glandular kallikrein 2Ville Vaisanen
University of Turku, Department of Biotechnology, Finland
Clin Chem 50:1607-17. 2004Free and total human kallikrein 2 (hK2) might improve the discrimination between prostate cancer and benign prostatic hyperplasia...
- Immunofluorometric assay for sensitive and specific measurement of human prostatic glandular kallikrein (hK2) in serumT Piironen
Department of Biotechnology, University of Turku, Finland
Clin Chem 42:1034-41. 1996Prostate-specific antigen (PSA) and human prostatic glandular kallikrein (hK2) have 79% identity with the primary structure...
- Determination and analysis of antigenic epitopes of prostate specific antigen (PSA) and human glandular kallikrein 2 (hK2) using synthetic peptides and computer modelingT Piironen
Department of Biotechnology, University of Turku, Finland
Protein Sci 7:259-69. 1998Prostate specific antigen (PSA) and human glandular kallikrein 2 (hK2), produced essentially by the prostate gland, are 237-amino acid monomeric proteins, with 79% identity in primary structure...
- The role of human glandular kallikrein 2 for prediction of pathologically organ confined prostate cancerAlexander Haese
Department of Urology, University Hospital Hamburg, Germany
Prostate 54:181-6. 2003In recent studies serum levels of human glandular kallikrein 2 (hK2) demonstrated significant differences in pathologically organ-confined versus non-organ-confined prostate cancer (PCa)...
- Association of free-prostate specific antigen subfractions and human glandular kallikrein 2 with volume of benign and malignant prostatic tissueThomas Steuber
Department of Urology, University of Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
Prostate 63:13-8. 2005We investigated the association of different subfractions of prostate specific antigen (PSA) and human glandular kallikrein 2 (hK2), such as total PSA (tPSA), complexed PSA (cPSA), free PSA (fPSA), "single-chain Intact fPSA" (fPSA-I), "..
- Serum human glandular kallikrein 2 (hK2) for distinguishing stage and grade of prostate cancerCarsten Stephan
Department of Urology, University Hospital Charite Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Int J Urol 13:238-43. 2006Human glandular kallikrein (hK2) has been shown to add important information regarding the early detection and staging of prostate cancer...
- The value of (-7, -5)pro-prostate-specific antigen and human kallikrein-2 as serum markers for grading prostate cancerC H Bangma
Department of Urology, Erasmus MC, PO Box 2040, 3000 CA Rotterdam, The Netherlands
BJU Int 93:720-4. 2004To assess the value of the precursor form (-7,5pro) of prostate-specific antigen (PSA) and human kallikrein-2 (hK2) for detecting and grading prostate cancer, as better serum markers with improved specificity are needed in men with lower ..
- Activity and stability of human kallikrein-2-specific linear and cyclic peptide inhibitorsMiikka Pakkala
Department of Chemistry, University of Kuopio, P O Box 1627, FIN 70211, Kuopio, and Department of Clinical Chemistry, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Finland
J Pept Sci 13:348-53. 2007Human glandular kallikrein (KLK2) is a highly prostate-specific serine protease, which is mainly excreted into the seminal fluid, but part of which is also secreted into circulation from prostatic tumors...
- Anti-thrombin is expressed in the benign prostatic epithelium and in prostate cancer and is capable of forming complexes with prostate-specific antigen and human glandular kallikrein 2Yue Cao
Department of Urology, University Hospital Malmo, Lund University, SE 205 02 Malmo, Sweden
Am J Pathol 161:2053-63. 2002..In vitro, anti-thrombin formed complexes more readily with human kallikrein 2, particularly in the presence of heparin, and less efficiently with prostate-specific antigen...
- Comparison of two assays for human kallikrein 2Bert G Blijenberg
Department of Clinical Chemistry, University Hospital Rotterdam, PO Box 2040, 3000 CA Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Clin Chem 49:243-7. 2003We compared two recently developed research assays for the measurement of human kallikrein 2 (hK2) in serum: one fully automated assay (Beckman Coulter Access immunoanalyzer) and one manual assay based on the DELFIA technology.
- Taxon-specific evolution of glandular kallikrein genes and identification of a progenitor of prostate-specific antigenA Yvonne Olsson
Wallenberg Laboratory, Department of Laboratory Medicine, Division of Clinical Chemistry, Lund University, 4th Floor, University Hospital MAS, S 205 02 Malmo, Sweden
Genomics 84:147-56. 2004..Repeated duplications of an approximately 30-kb region, encompassing Klk1, Klk15, and Klk2-ps, resulted in 10 copies of each gene, but only the Klk1 paralogs are functional...
- Free PSA isoforms and intact and cleaved forms of urokinase plasminogen activator receptor in serum improve selection of patients for prostate cancer biopsyThomas Steuber
Department of Urology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY, USA
Int J Cancer 120:1499-504. 2007..total PSA, free PSA (fPSA), fPSA subfractions (single-chain fPSA-I and multichain fPSA-N), total human glandular kallikrein 2 (hK2) and full-length and cleaved forms of soluble urokinase plasminogen activator receptor (suPAR) in ..
- Organization and evolution of the glandular kallikrein locus in Mus musculusA Yvonne Olsson
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Division of Clinical Chemistry, Lund University, University Hospital MAS, Malmo, Sweden
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 299:305-11. 2002..Downstream of KLK15, where the genes encoding PSA and hK2 are located in human, mouse carries the pseudogene PsimGK25...
- Distribution of 15 human kallikreins in tissues and biological fluidsJulie L V Shaw
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Clin Chem 53:1423-32. 2007..We characterized the protein and mRNA abundance patterns of all 15 KLKs in multiple panels of human tissues and biological fluids...
- The growth and signalling defects of the ggs1 (fdp1/byp1) deletion mutant on glucose are suppressed by a deletion of the gene encoding hexokinase PIIS Hohmann
Laboratorium voor Moleculaire Celbiologie, Katholieke Universiteit te Leuven, Flanders, Belgium
Curr Genet 23:281-9. 1993..However, both the ggs1 delta and the ggs1 delta, hk2 delta mutant lack detectable trehalose and trehalose-6-phosphate synthase activity...
- Genetics of NIDDM in France: studies with 19 candidate genes in affected sib pairsN Vionnet
Centre National Recherche Scientifique, Institut Pasteur de Lille, France
Diabetes 46:1062-8. 1997..3 (CDX3), proprotein convertase 2 (PCSK2), cholecystokinin B receptor (CCKBR), hexokinase 1 (HK1), hexokinase 2 (HK2), mitochondrial FAD-glycerophosphate dehydrogenase (GPD2), liver and muscle forms of pyruvate kinase (PKL, PKM), ..
- Localization of a new prostate-specific antigen-related serine protease gene, KLK4, is evidence for an expanded human kallikrein gene family cluster on chromosome 19q13.3-13.4S A Stephenson
Centre for Molecular Biotechnology, School of Life Sciences, Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane, Australia 4001
J Biol Chem 274:23210-4. 1999..important in post-translational processing events, currently consists of just three genes-tissue kallikrein (KLK1), KLK2, and prostate-specific antigen (PSA) (KLK3)-clustered at chromosome 19q13. 3-13.4...
- Western blotting analysis of antibodies to prostate-specific antigen: cross-reactivity with human kallikrein-2T J Wang
Department of Research and Development, Hybritech Incorporated, San Diego, Calif 92196 9006, USA
Tumour Biol 20:75-8. 1999..However, PSA shares 80% sequence homology with human glandular kallikrein (hK2)...
- Similar rates of exponential decrease in serum concentrations of free prostate-specific antigen (PSA), PSA complexed to alpha-1-antichymotrypsin, and human glandular kallikrein 2 (hK2) in prostate cancer patients treated with GnRH-analoguesT Bjork
Department of Urology, Malmö and Lund University Hospitals, Lund University, Malmo, Sweden
Prostate 47:14-20. 2001..In addition, serum concentrations of hK2, the activator of proPSA, were measured.
- Human glandular kallikrein 2 levels in serum for discrimination of pathologically organ-confined from locally-advanced prostate cancer in total PSA-levels below 10 ng/mlA Haese
Department of Urology, University Clinic Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
Prostate 49:101-9. 2001We measured serum levels of human glandular kallikrein 2 (hK2) in patients treated with radical retropubic prostatectomy (rrP) for clinically localized prostate cancer (PCa) with a total PSA (tPSA)-level below 10 ng/ml to investigate ..
- Cytotoxic activity of deferiprone, maltol and related hydroxyketones against human tumor cell linesEiji Yasumoto
Department of Dental Pharmacology, Meikai University School of Dentistry, Sakado, Saitama, Japan
Anticancer Res 24:755-62. 2004Hydroxyketone chelators, deferiprone (HK1), maltol (HK3) and their related compounds (HK2, 4-8), were characterized for their cytotoxic profiles against oral human normal and tumor cells...
- Prostate-specific antigen modulates the expression of genes involved in prostate tumor growthB Bindukumar
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY 14263, USA
Neoplasia 7:241-52. 2005..Free-PSA (f-PSA) was purified to homogeneity from human seminal plasma by column chromatography, eliminating hk2 and all known PSA complexes and retaining its protease activity...
- Protein C inhibitor (plasminogen activator inhibitor-3) expression in the CWR22 prostate cancer xenograftLaura N Glasscock
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of North Carolina School of Medicine, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7035, USA
Exp Mol Pathol 79:23-32. 2005..CWR22 tumor), although expression of the mature forms of both prostate-specific antigen (PSA) and its homolog, kallikrein 2 (hK2), was clearly androgen-dependent...
- Perillyl alcohol inhibits the expression and function of the androgen receptor in human prostate cancer cellsByung Ha Chung
Department of Urology and the Urological Science Institute, College of Medicine, Yonsei University, Yongdong P O Box 1217, Seoul, Korea
Cancer Lett 236:222-8. 2006..of all, we performed cell proliferation assay and prostate-specific antigen (PSA) and human glandular kallikrein (hK2) quantification assays...
- Mutant recombinant serpins as highly specific inhibitors of human kallikrein 14Loyse M Felber
Urology Research Unit, Department of Urology, CHUV, Epalinges, Switzerland
FEBS J 273:2505-14. 2006..we reported the construction of alpha1-antichymotrypsin (ACT) variants with high specificity towards human kallikrein 2 (hK2) [Cloutier SM, Kündig C, Felber LM, Fattah OM, Chagas JR, Gygi CM, Jichlinski P, Leisinger HJ & ..
- Cross-reaction of anti-DNA autoantibodies with membrane proteins of human glomerular mesangial cells in sera from patients with lupus nephritisHui Du
Renal Division and Institute of Nephrology, Peking University First Hospital, Beijing 100034, PR China
Clin Exp Immunol 145:21-7. 2006..The membranes of human umbilical vein endothelial cells (HUVEC), human proximal renal tubular epithelial cell line (HK2) and peripheral mononuclear cells (PMC) were obtained as controls...
- Albumin caused the increasing production of angiotensin II due to the dysregulation of ACE/ACE2 expression in HK2 cellsBi Cheng Liu
Institute of Nephrology, Zhong Da Hospital, Southeast University, Nanjing, 210009, China
Clin Chim Acta 403:23-30. 2009..We investigated the influence of albumin on the expression of ACE/ACE2 and generation of Ang II in HK2 cells.
- Prostate kallikrein markers in diagnosis, risk stratification and prognosisDavid Ulmert
Department of Urology, University Hospital Malmo, Lund University, Sweden
Nat Rev Urol 6:384-91. 2009..We review current and past reports on the prostate kallikreins PSA and hK2 in relation to pathology and epidemiology.
- Improved prediction of biochemical recurrence after radical prostatectomy by genetic polymorphismsJuan Morote
Hospital Universitario Vall d Hebron, Barcelona, Spain
J Urol 184:506-11. 2010..We hypothesized that single nucleotide polymorphism profiling may improve the prediction of biochemical recurrence after radical prostatectomy...
- The role of oxidized cytochrome c in regulating mitochondrial reactive oxygen species production and its perturbation in ischaemiaPhilippe Pasdois
School of Biochemistry and The Bristol Heart Institute, University of Bristol, Bristol BS8 1TD, UK
Biochem J 436:493-505. 2011..However, bound HK2 (hexokinase 2) and Bcl-xL were decreased in end-ischaemic mitochondria...
- Intraparenchymal injection of bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells reduces kidney fibrosis after ischemia-reperfusion in cyclosporine-immunosuppressed ratsC Alfarano
INSERM, UMR 1048, Institute of Metabolic and Cardiovascular Diseases I2MC, Toulouse, France
Cell Transplant 21:2009-19. 2012..The effect of conditioned media from MSCs on epithelial-mesenchymal transition was studied in vitro on HK2 cells...
- Heat shock protein 90 inhibitor attenuates renal fibrosis through degradation of transforming growth factor-β type II receptorHyunjin Noh
Department of Internal Medicine, Soon Chun Hyang University, Seoul, Korea
Lab Invest 92:1583-96. 2012..In TGF-β1-treated HK2 cells and unilateral ureteral obstruction (UUO) kidneys, we found that 17-allylamino-17-demethoxygeldanamycin (..
- Vasoactive intestinal peptide induces oxidative stress and suppresses metastatic potential in human clear cell renal cell carcinomaEva Vacas
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Alcala, Alcala de Henares, Spain
Mol Cell Endocrinol 365:212-22. 2013..We investigated VIP effects on metastatic and angiogenic factors in human VHL-null A498 ccRCC and HK2 renal cells...
- Human α(2)β(1)(HI) CD133(+VE) epithelial prostate stem cells express low levels of active androgen receptorStuart C Williamson
Northern Institute for Cancer Research, Newcastle University, Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 7:e48944. 2012..of the AR was confirmed in prostate progenitor cells by the expression of low levels of the AR regulated genes PSA, KLK2 and TMPRSS2...
- Phytochrome C is a key factor controlling long-day flowering in barleyHidetaka Nishida
Graduate School of Environmental and Life Science, Okayama University, Okayama 700 8530, Japan
Plant Physiol 163:804-14. 2013The spring-type near isogenic line (NIL) of the winter-type barley (Hordeum vulgare ssp. vulgare) var. Hayakiso 2 (HK2) was developed by introducing VERNALIZATION-H1 (Vrn-H1) for spring growth habit from the spring-type var. Indo Omugi...
- Bcl-6 directly represses the gene program of the glycolysis pathwayKenneth J Oestreich
1 Department of Immunology, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA 2 Virginia Tech Carilion Research Institute, Roanoke, Virginia, USA 3 Department of Biomedical Sciences and Pathobiology, Virginia Maryland Regional College of Veterinary Medicine, Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, Virginia, USA
Nat Immunol 15:957-64. 2014..directly repressed genes encoding molecules involved in the glycolysis pathway, including Slc2a1, Slc2a3, Pkm and Hk2, in type 1 helper T cells (TH1 cells) exposed to low concentrations of interleukin 2 (IL-2)...
- Implication of Bcl-2-associated athanogene 3 in fibroblast growth factor-2-mediated epithelial-mesenchymal transition in renal epithelial cellsFeng Du
Department of Nephrology, Shengjing Hospital, China Medical University, Shenyang 110004, China
Exp Biol Med (Maywood) 240:566-75. 2015..The current study found that FGF-2 induced EMT, simultaneously increased BAG3 expression in human kidney 2 (HK2) cells...
- siRNA Screening Identifies the Host Hexokinase 2 (HK2) Gene as an Important Hypoxia-Inducible Transcription Factor 1 (HIF-1) Target Gene in Toxoplasma gondii-Infected CellsMatthew T Menendez
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, USA
MBio 6:e00462. 2015..Among the genes identified by this screen, we focused on the hexokinase 2 (HK2) gene because its expression is regulated by hypoxia-inducible transcription factor 1 (HIF-1), which is important ..
- p63 supports aerobic respiration through hexokinase IIGuiditta Viticchiè
Department of Experimental Medicine and Surgery, University of Tor Vergata, 00133 Rome, Italy
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 112:11577-82. 2015..The glycolytic enzyme hexokinase 2 (HK2) represents the first step of glucose utilization in cells...
- The association of (18)F-FDG PET and glucose metabolism biomarkers GLUT1 and HK2 in p16 positive and negative head and neck squamous cell carcinomasAndrew M Baschnagel
Department of Human Oncology, University of Wisconsin, Madison, USA
Radiother Oncol 117:118-24. 2015To investigate the relationship between FDG-PET maximum standard uptake value (SUVmax), p16, EGFR, GLUT1 and HK2 expression in head and neck squamous cell carcinomas (HNSCC).
- Increased sphingosine 1-phosphate mediates inflammation and fibrosis in tubular injury in diabetic nephropathyDania Yaghobian
Department of Medicine, Kolling Institute of Medical Research, University of Sydney, St Leonards, New South Wales, Australia
Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol 43:56-66. 2016..and the interaction with TGFβ-1, 2 and 3 signalling in diabetic nephropathy, human proximal tubular cells (HK2 cells) were exposed to normal (5 mmol/L) or high (30 mmol/L) glucose or TGFβ-1, -2, -3 ± an SK inhibitor (SKI-..
- Antioxidants Abrogate Alpha-Tocopherylquinone-Mediated Down-Regulation of the Androgen Receptor in Androgen-Responsive Prostate Cancer CellsAlexandra M Fajardo
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of New Mexico College of Pharmacy, Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States of America
PLoS ONE 11:e0151525. 2016..Furthermore, TQ decreased androgen-responsive gene expression, including TM4SF1, KLK2, and PSA over 5-fold, whereas AT did not affect the expression of androgen-responsive genes...
- Curcumin suppresses 4-hydroxytamoxifen resistance in breast cancer cells by targeting SLUG/Hexokinase 2 pathwayChong Geng
Department of Breast and Thyroid Surgery, Shandong Provincial Hospital Affiliated to Shandong University, Jinan 250021, Shandong, PR China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 473:147-53. 2016..Further investigation showed that SLUG activated the transcription of hexokinase-2 (HK2) by binding to HK2 promoter...
- Filarial Infection or Antigen Administration Improves Glucose Tolerance in Diet-Induced Obese MiceAfiat Berbudi
Institute for Medical Microbiology, Immunology and Parasitology, University Hospital of Bonn, Bonn, Germany
J Innate Immun 8:601-616. 2016..immune responses and increased the expression of genes related to insulin signaling (Glut4, Pde3b, Pik3r1, and Hk2) and fatty acid uptake (Fabp4 and Lpl). Our investigation demonstrates that L...
- Fine Mapping of a New Race-Specific Blast Resistance Gene, Pi-hk2, in Japonica Heikezijing from Taihu Region of ChinaWanwan He
All authors State Key Laboratory of Crop Genetics and Germplasm Enhancement, Jiangsu Collaborative Innovation Center for Modern Crop Production, College of Agriculture, Nanjing Agricultural University, Nanjing 210095, China fourth author Lixiahe Agricultural Research Institute of Jiangsu Province, Yangzhou 225007, China and fifth author Hunan Ava Seed Academy of Science, Changsha 410119, China
Phytopathology 107:84-91. 2017..10 and phenotypic variance of 46.19% and might be a major QTL, named Pi-hk2. The line RIL84 with Pi-hk2 derived from a cross between Heikezijing and Suyunuo was selected as Pi-hk2 gene donor ..
- Lectin PCL inhibits the Warburg effect of PC3 cells by combining with EGFR and inhibiting HK2Hong Zhang
Institute of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Shaanxi Academy of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Xi an, Shaanxi 710003, P R China
Oncol Rep . 2017..is an important characteristic of tumor cell metabolism including prostate cancer cells, in which hexokinase 2 (HK2), a major rate-limiting enzyme involved in Warburg effect, is selectively upregulated...
- Expression of a prostate-associated protein, human glandular kallikrein (hK2), in breast tumours and in normal breast secretionsM H Black
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Br J Cancer 82:361-7. 2000The recent demonstration of human glandular kallikrein (hK2) expression in a breast carcinoma cell line has suggested that this putatively prostate-restricted, steroid hormone-regulated protease may also be expressed in breast epithelium ..
- EZC-prostate models offer high sensitivity and specificity for noninvasive imaging of prostate cancer progression and androgen receptor actionMamatha R Seethammagari
Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Cancer Res 66:6199-209. 2006..A luciferase reporter gene was directed to the prostate epithelium using three composite promoters called human kallikrein 2 (hK2)-E3/P, PSA-E2/P, and ARR2PB, derived from hK2, PSA, and rat probasin regulatory elements, to generate the ..
- The interplay between MYC and HIF in the Warburg effectC V Dang
Department of Medicine, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology and Genetics, Oncology and Pathology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Ross Research Building, Room 1032, 720 Rutland Avenue, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Ernst Schering Found Symp Proc . 2007..Target genes that are common to both HIF and MYC, such as PDK1, LDHA, HK2, and TFRC, are therefore attractive therapeutic targets, because their coordinate induction by HIF and MYC widens ..
- A Trojan horse in drug development: targeting of thapsigargins towards prostate cancer cellsS Brøgger Christensen
Department of Medicinal Chemistry, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Anticancer Agents Med Chem 9:276-94. 2009..Prostate cancer cells secrete characteristic proteolytic enzymes, e.g. PSA and hK2, with unusual substrate specificity...
- Replication of prostate cancer risk loci on 8q24, 11q13, 17q12, 19q33, and Xp11 in African AmericansStanley Hooker
Department of Medicine, Section of Genetic Medicine, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Prostate 70:270-5. 2010..Given the higher incidence and mortality for AAs, and differences in allele frequencies and haplotype structures between African and European descent populations, it is important to assess the impact of these candidate risk loci in AAs...
- E-cadherin-mediated survival of androgen-receptor-expressing secretory prostate epithelial cells derived from a stratified in vitro differentiation modelLaura E Lamb
Laboratory of Integrin Signaling and Tumorigenesis, Van Andel Research Institute, Grand Rapids, MI, USA
J Cell Sci 123:266-76. 2010..1, PMSA, KLK2 and secreted prostate-specific antigen (PSA)...
- Kallikrein-related peptidase genes as promising biomarkers for prognosis and monitoring of human malignanciesMargaritis Avgeris
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Athens, Greece
Biol Chem 391:505-11. 2010Tissue kallikrein (KLK1) and the kallikrein-related peptidase (KLK2-15) genes encode for a subgroup of 15 homologous secreted serine proteases possessing numerous physiological roles, such as the regulation of blood pressure, hormone ..
- Late-gestational systemic hypoxia leads to a similar early gene response in mouse placenta and developing brainRegina Trollmann
Department of Pediatrics, University of Erlangen, Erlangen, Germany
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 299:R1489-99. 2010..activity of the HIF system was obvious from elevated expression of various known HIF target genes (Adm, Vegf, Hk2, Pdk1, Bnip3, Ier3, Dusp-1), indicating immediate availability among early response to acute hypoxia...
- Overexpression of PGC-1β improves insulin sensitivity and mitochondrial function in 3T3-L1 adipocytesChun lin Gao
Department of Pediatrics, Nanjing General Hospital of Nanjing Military Command, No 305, Zhongshan East Road, Nanjing 210002, China
Mol Cell Biochem 353:215-23. 2011..and (iv) mitochondrial metabolism factors, namely, acetyl-coenzyme A carboxylase 2 (ACC2) and hexokinase 2 (HK2) were downregulated, while cytochrome c oxidase subunit IV (COX IV) was upregulated...
- Dynamic nucleosome-depleted regions at androgen receptor enhancers in the absence of ligand in prostate cancer cellsClaudia Andreu-Vieyra
Department of Urology, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California 90089, USA
Mol Cell Biol 31:4648-62. 2011..We investigated nucleosome positioning at the androgen receptor (AR) enhancers of TMPRSS2, KLK2, and KLK3/PSA in prostate cancer cells...
- A novel miR-155/miR-143 cascade controls glycolysis by regulating hexokinase 2 in breast cancer cellsShuai Jiang
State Key Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Graduate School of Chinese Academy of Sciences, Institute of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai, China
EMBO J 31:1985-98. 2012..We further show that miR-155 acts to upregulate hexokinase 2 (hk2), through two distinct mechanisms...
- 3-bromopyruvate (3BP) a fast acting, promising, powerful, specific, and effective "small molecule" anti-cancer agent taken from labside to bedside: introduction to a special issuePeter L Pedersen
Department of Biological Chemistry, Center for Cell Metabolism and Obesity Research, and Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center, School of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, 21205 2185, USA
J Bioenerg Biomembr 44:1-6. 2012..tissue of origin, and the second that such mitochondria have markedly elevated amounts of the enzyme hexokinase-2 (HK2) bound to their outer membrane...
- Rapamycin ameliorates kidney fibrosis by inhibiting the activation of mTOR signaling in interstitial macrophages and myofibroblastsGuochun Chen
Department of Nephrology, The Second Xiangya Hospital, Central South University, Changsha, Hunan, PR China
PLoS ONE 7:e33626. 2012..Further experiment revealed that rapamycin did not directly inhibit the fibrogenesis of HK2 cells with aristolochic acid treatment...
- Salt-inducible kinase 1 regulates E-cadherin expression and intercellular junction stabilityKristina Eneling
Membrane Signaling Networks, Atherosclerosis Research Unit, Department of Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Center for Molecular Medicine, Karolinska University Hospital Solna, Stockholm, Sweden
FASEB J 26:3230-9. 2012..Results from our studies using a mouse lung alveolar epithelial (MLE-12) cell line or human renal proximal tubule (HK2) cell line transiently or stably lacking the expression of SIK1 (using SIK1 siRNAs or shRNAs), or with its ..
- Tickling stimulation causes the up-regulation of the kallikrein family in the submandibular gland of the ratTakuya Yamamuro
Department of Diagnostic Biochemistry, Graduate School of Comprehensive Human Sciences, University of Tsukuba, 1 1 1 Tennoudai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8575, Japan
Behav Brain Res 236:236-43. 2013..analysis using real-time PCR of the submandibular gland of the rats tickled for 2 weeks, mRNAs of Klk1, Klk2 (Klk1c2, Tonin), Klk7 (Klk1l), Klk1b3 (Nerve growth factor, gamma), Klk1c10, Klks3 (Klk1c9) and GK11 were ..
- Genome wide analysis of differentially expressed genes in HK-2 cells, a line of human kidney epithelial cells in response to oxalateSweaty Koul
Signal Transduction and Molecular Urology Laboratory Program in Urosciences, Division of Urology Department of Surgery, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, Colorado, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e43886. 2012..analyzed the expression of 47,000 transcripts and variants, including 38,500 well characterized human genes, in the HK2 cells after 4 hours and 24 hours of oxalate exposure...
- 'Special k' and a loss of cell-to-cell adhesion in proximal tubule-derived epithelial cells: modulation of the adherens junction complex by ketamineClaire E Hills
School of Life Sciences, University of Warwick, Coventry, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 8:e71819. 2013..In the current study we have used an established model cell line for human epithelial cells of the proximal tubule (HK2) to demonstrate that Ketamine evokes early changes in expression of proteins central to the adherens junction ..
- Structural determinants for the ouabain-stimulated increase in Na-K ATPase activitySyed J Khundmiri
Robley Rex Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Louisville, KY, USA Department of Medicine Kidney Disease Program, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY, USA Department of Physiology, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY, USA Electronic address
Biochim Biophys Acta 1843:1089-102. 2014..Using NHE1-expressing Human Kidney cells 2 (HK2), 8 (HK8) and 11 (HK11) and Mouse Kidney cells from Wild type (WT) and NHE1 knock-out mice (SWE) cell lines, we ..
- Expression profiles of genes involved in xenobiotic metabolism and disposition in human renal tissues and renal cell modelsCynthia Van der Hauwaert
EA4483, Universite de Lille 2, Faculte de Medecine de Lille, Pole Recherche, 59045 Lille, France
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 279:409-18. 2014..The same set of genes was thus investigated in HEK293 and HK2 immortalized cell lines in commercial primary cultures of epithelial renal cells and in proximal tubular cell ..
- The mitochondrial permeability transition: a current perspective on its identity and role in ischaemia/reperfusion injuryAndrew P Halestrap
School of Biochemistry and Bristol CardioVascular, University of Bristol, Medical Sciences Building, University Walk, Bristol BS8 1TD, UK Electronic address
J Mol Cell Cardiol 78:129-41. 2015..protocols such as preconditioning inhibit MPTP opening at reperfusion by preventing the loss of mitochondrial bound HK2 that stabilises these contact sites...
- Structure-function analyses of human kallikrein-related peptidase 2 establish the 99-loop as master regulator of activityWolfgang Skala
From the Division of Structural Biology, Department of Molecular Biology, University of Salzburg, A 5020 Salzburg, Austria
J Biol Chem 289:34267-83. 2014Human kallikrein-related peptidase 2 (KLK2) is a tryptic serine protease predominantly expressed in prostatic tissue and secreted into prostatic fluid, a major component of seminal fluid...
- Synergistic Induction of Potential Warburg Effect in Zebrafish Hepatocellular Carcinoma by Co-Transgenic Expression of Myc and xmrk OncogenesZhen Li
Department of Biological Sciences, National University of Singapore, 117543, Singapore, Singapore
PLoS ONE 10:e0132319. 2015..Critical glycolytic genes including hk2, pkm and ldha were significantly up-regulated in Myc/xmrk tumors but not in either single oncogene-induced tumors, ..
- Transcriptome analysis of mRNA and miRNA in skeletal muscle indicates an important network for differential Residual Feed Intake in pigsLu Jing
Key Lab of Agricultural Animal Genetics and Breeding, Ministry of Education, College of Animal Science and Veterinary Medicine, Huazhong Agricultural University, Wuhan, 430070, P R China
Sci Rep 5:11953. 2015..genes were mainly involved in mitochondrial energy metabolism, including FABP3, RCAN, PPARGC1 (PGC-1A), HK2 and PRKAG2...
- P-Glycoprotein Induction Ameliorates Colistin Induced Nephrotoxicity in Cultured Human Proximal Tubular CellsSun hyo Lee
Department of Internal Medicine, Soonchunhyang University Cheonan Hospital, Cheonan, Republic of Korea
PLoS ONE 10:e0136075. 2015..In addition induced P-gp transporter was shown to improve the efflux effect on colistin treated HK2 cell line, which was demonstrated by calcein-AM fluorescence accumulation assay...
- Epithelial-Mesenchymal Transition in Kidney Tubular Epithelial Cells Induced by Globotriaosylsphingosine and GlobotriaosylceramideYeo Jin Jeon
Department of Biochemistry, School of Medicine, Ewha Womans University, Seoul, South Korea
PLoS ONE 10:e0136442. 2015..In HK2 cells, exogenous treatments of Gb3 and lyso-Gb3 increased the expression of TGF-β, EMT markers (N-cadherin and α-..
- Degradation of HK2 by chaperone-mediated autophagy promotes metabolic catastrophe and cell deathHong Guang Xia
Department of Cell Biology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115
J Cell Biol 210:705-16. 2015Hexokinase II (HK2), a key enzyme involved in glucose metabolism, is regulated by growth factor signaling and is required for initiation and maintenance of tumors...
- Knockdown of RTN1A attenuates ER stress and kidney injury in albumin overload-induced nephropathyWenzhen Xiao
Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, New York and Department of Nephrology, Shanghai Six Municipal Hospital, Shanghai Jiaotong University School of Medicine, Shanghai, China
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 310:F409-15. 2016..We found that incubation of HK2 cells with human serum albumin induced the expression of RTN1A and ER stress markers, whereas knockdown of RTN1A ..
- ACTIVATION OF PROSTATE SPECIFIC ANTIGEN PRECURSORThomas Takayama; Fiscal Year: 2000..We therefore, propose to study the potential pathogenic mechanisms of PSA, hK2 (another prostate specific serine protease) and other serine proteases recently isolated from the prostate...
- KALLIKREIN GENE EXPRESSION IN HUMAN PROSTATE CELLSCharles Young; Fiscal Year: 2002..Prostate-specific antigen (PSA) and human glandular kallikrein (hK2) are the prostate-specific kallikreins, which are not only of clinical significance as prostate cancer markers, but ..
- Andrew J Vickers; Fiscal Year: 2015..we have shown that a statistical model based on measuring isoforms of PSA, and kallikrein-related peptidase 2 (hK2), is a highly accurate predictor of prostate biopsy outcome in men with elevated PSA...
- Clinical Trial of Selenium and Prostate BiomarkersJames Marshall; Fiscal Year: 2010..expression of the androgen receptor (AR), and AR target genes such as prostate-specific antigen (PSA), kallikrein 2 (KLK2), 24-dehydrocholesterol reductase (DHCR24), cell division cycle 6 (CDC6), and hepatocyte nuclear factor ..
- SERINE PROTEASES IN PROSTATE CANCER METASTASISPeter Nelson; Fiscal Year: 2002..Two of these, prostate specific antigen (PSA) and human glandular kallikrein 2 (hK2) exhibit an expression profile essentially restricted to the human prostate...
- NOVEL MARKERS FOR PROSTATE CANCERCharles Young; Fiscal Year: 2005..Highly specific and sensitive immunoassays for serum human kallikrein 2 (hK2) have been developed for prostate cancer detection...
- ANDROGEN RECEPTOR ASSOCIATED PROTEINS IN PROSTATE CANCERZijie Sun; Fiscal Year: 2002..to determine how it regulates the expressions of two human AR target genes, prostate specific antigen (PSA) and kallikrein 2 (KLK2)...
- NEW APPLICATIONS OF THE PROSTATE CANCER MARKER PSAPaul Lange; Fiscal Year: 2002..g. psm, hk2)...
- ERR-gamma-dependent mammary tumorigenesis in response to BPA and a high-fat dietRebecca B Riggins; Fiscal Year: 2010..of early INS resistance, and hepatic expression of ERR? and two of its putative target genes (hexokinase 2, HK2;pyruvate dehydrogenase kinase 4, PDK4) are increased by BPA exposure in these animals...
- Brian F Clem; Fiscal Year: 2016..shift was mediated by changes in the expression of multiple glycolytic enzymes including increased Glut-1, HK2, PK-M2 levels and decreased HK1, ALT1, and PCB...
- Nissim Hay; Fiscal Year: 2016DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): We found that in human prostate carcinoma and in lung carcinoma hexokinase 2 (HK2) expression is markedly elevated, while in normal prostate and lung cells its expression is hardly detectable...
- Russell O Pieper; Fiscal Year: 2016..the HK1 and PKM1 isoforms and preferentially use glucose for ATP generation while gliomas, in contrast, express HK2 and PKM2 and use glucose to synthesize macromolecules needed for proliferation...
- XIAOFENG FRANK YANG; Fiscal Year: 2016..ii) To determine the role of Hk2 in Rrp2 activation during tick transmission and mammalian infection...
- Postmortem PSA: role in epidemiology of prostate cancerGabriel Haas; Fiscal Year: 2002..a study to evaluate the ability of PSA and its related forms such as free PSA (fPSA), complexed PSA (cPSA), hK2, etc. to detect microscopic, occult malignancies...
- Detection of occult prostate cancers in elderly menGabriel Haas; Fiscal Year: 2004..In Aim 2, we will determine the serum levels of tumor markers (total, free and complexed PSA, hK2, and the ratios of free/total PSA and complexed/free PSA) which correspond to the occult tumors detected in the ..
- Human Kallikrein 4 (hK4): A New Prostatic Biomarker?Eleftherios Diamandis; Fiscal Year: 2003..If successful, our research will contribute to the development of new prostatic biomarkers and possibly, to better diagnosis which may lead to better clinical outcomes and reduced healthcare costs. ..
- A New Biomarker for Ovarian Cancer DetectionEleftherios Diamandis; Fiscal Year: 2003..In this grant proposal, we describe further studies, which will examine in greater detail, the ability of a test for the amount of this protein in blood to correctly diagnose the presence of ovarian cancer. ..
- KALLIKREINS AS DIAGNOSTIC MARKERS OF OVARIAN CARCINOMAEleftherios Diamandis; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Methodology of Phase I and II trials of anticancer CAMAndrew Vickers; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- The Effect of Black Cohosh Extract on the Human BreastEdward Sauter; Fiscal Year: 2004..The findings should allow us to design a high quality R01 submission involving a larger, randomized study of longer duration which should provide some answers on the potential role of BCE in breast cancer. ..
- Altered Breast Methylation after Low/Hi Dose IsoflavonesEdward Sauter; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Protein Profiling in Nipple Aspirate FluidEdward Sauter; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Breast Cancer Prediction Using Nipple Aspirate FluidEdward Sauter; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Long-term prediction of prostate cancer death from kallikreins measured in bloodHans Lilja; Fiscal Year: 2008..provided by applicant): We will determine whether kallikrein forms (prostate-specific antigen [PSA] and kallikrein 2 [hK2]) measured in men aged 44 - 50 predict subsequent metastases or death from prostate cancer...
- Pathogenesis of HIVAN: the role of NefJOHN HE; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies should elucidate essential mechanism responsible for the development of HIV-associated nephropathy and how Nef plays a role in this pathologic process. ..
- Targeting of the Androgen Receptor in Prostate CancerJohn Isaacs; Fiscal Year: 2005..These peptide prodrugs will be designed so that they are substrates for the enzymatic activity of either Prostate Specific Antigen. ..
- MOLECULAR AND CHEMICAL DESCRIPTION OF CFTR FUNCTIONPeter Pedersen; Fiscal Year: 2003..The proposed studies are fundamental to understanding structure/function relationships within CFTR, to understanding the underlying basis of most cases of CF, and to developing new strategies to treat the disease. ..
- FORMS OF PROSTATE SPECIFIC ANTIGEN AND HK2 IN CANCERMARY HEEB; Fiscal Year: 2003We seek to extend promising studies showing that prostate specific antigen (PSA) and glandular kallikrein (hK2) occur in several forms in blood of prostate cancer (CaP) patients and that measurement of the proportion of PSA in the form ..
- Genetic Aspects of Vestibular DysfunctionStephen Roth; Fiscal Year: 2004..The proposed project will generate important pilot data related to the genetics of vestibular dysfunction, thus fitting within the R21 grant mechanism. ..
- Fibroblast Activation Protein-alpha Activated Anti-Stromal Prodrug Therpay for CaSamuel R Denmeade; Fiscal Year: 2010..e. "stroma") within cancers rather than the cancer cells themselves can be effective therapy. The FAP- activated prodrug, therefore, could represent a new targeted therapy for a variety of human cancers. ..
- CONTROL OF ENZYMATIC PHOSPHATE TRANSFER IN MITOCHONDRIAPeter Pedersen; Fiscal Year: 2009..These studies also have direct relevance to using nanotechnology in medicine as the ATP synthasome is comprised of 2 reversible nanomotors. ..
- Genetic Epidemiology of Aging Skeletal MuscleStephen Roth; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Novel Anticoagulant MechanismsMARY HEEB; Fiscal Year: 2006..We will find whether a ZPI polymorphism we identified affects function. ..
- Genetic Architecture of Aging Skeletal MuscleStephen Roth; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Cancer-Related Glycolytic Gene:Regulation and TargetingPeter Pedersen; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..