Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: KLF12
Description: Kruppel like factor 12
Alias: AP-2rep, AP2REP, HSPC122, Krueppel-like factor 12, AP-2 repressor, AP-2rep transcription factor, KLF12 zinc finger transcriptional repressor, transcriptional repressor AP-2rep
- Common variants in 22 loci are associated with QRS duration and cardiac ventricular conductionNona Sotoodehnia
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
Nat Genet 42:1068-76. 2010..These findings extend our current knowledge of ventricular depolarization and conduction...
- MicroRNA-141 enhances anoikis resistance in metastatic progression of ovarian cancer through targeting KLF12/Sp1/survivin axisCelia S L Mak
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, L747 Laboratory Block, LKS Faculty of Medicine, The University of Hong Kong, 21 Sassoon Road, Hong Kong SAR, People s Republic of China
Mol Cancer 16:11. 2017..Anoikis resistance is a fundamental feature of metastatic cancer cell survival during metastatic cancer progression. However, the mechanisms underlying anoikis resistance in ovarian cancer are still unclear...
- Expression Data Analysis for the Identification of Potential Biomarker of Pregnancy Associated Breast CancerRaja Rajeswary Thanmalagan
Centre for Bioinformatics, Pondicherry University, Puducherry, 605014, India
Pathol Oncol Res . 2016..These studies emphasis that the genes KLF12, FEN1 MUC1 and SP110, can be chosen as target, which control cancer development, without any harm to pregnancy as ..
- Functional characterization of a chr13q22.1 pancreatic cancer risk locus reveals long-range interaction and allele-specific effects on DIS3 expressionJason W Hoskins
Laboratory of Translational Genomics, Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, USA
Hum Mol Genet . 2016..1 (marked by rs9543325). The closest candidate genes, KLF5, KLF12, PIBF1, DIS3 and BORA, range in distance from 265-586 kb...
- miR-137 plays tumor suppressor roles in gastric cancer cell lines by targeting KLF12 and MYO1CYantao Du
Ningbo Institute of Medical Science, Yang Shan Lu, No 42 46, Jiangbei District, Ningbo, China
Tumour Biol 37:13557-13569. 2016..Finally, mRNA and protein expression level of Krűppel-like factor 12 (KLF12) and Myosin 1C (MYO1C) were tested by QRT-PCR and western blotting assay, followed by the Luciferase reporter ..
- Krüppel-Like Factor 12 Promotes Colorectal Cancer Growth through Early Growth Response Protein 1Sun Hee Kim
Departments of Melanoma Medical Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, United States of America
PLoS ONE 11:e0159899. 2016Krüppel-like factor 12 (KLF12) is a transcription factor that plays a role in normal kidney development and repression of decidualization...
- MicroRNA-205 directly targets Krüppel-like factor 12 and is involved in invasion and apoptosis in basal-like breast carcinomaBing Guan
Department of Pathology, Shanghai 6th People s Hospital Jinshan Branch, Shanghai 201599, P R China
Int J Oncol 49:720-34. 2016..Gene ontology (GO) analysis suggested miR-205 may directly targeted Krüppel-like factor 12 (KLF12; degree=4)...
- Genome-wide association study identifies multiple susceptibility loci for craniofacial microsomiaYong Biao Zhang
Chinese Academy of Sciences and Key Laboratory of Genome Science and Information, Beijing Institute of Genomics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100101, China
Nat Commun 7:10605. 2016..13 associated loci, harboured by candidates of ROBO1, GATA3, GBX2, FGF3, NRP2, EDNRB, SHROOM3, SEMA7A, PLCD3, KLF12 and EPAS1, are found to be enriched for genes involved in neural crest cell (NCC) development and vasculogenesis...
- Sustained viral response and treatment-induced cytopenia correlate with SLCs and KLF12 genotypes in interferon/ribavirin-treated Chinese chronic hepatitis C patientsRuqi Mei
Department of Hepatology, First Hospital of Jilin University, Changchun, Jilin Province, China
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 31:1489-97. 2016Genetic variations in solute carrier (SLC) genes are associated with liver diseases, and Kruppel-like factor 12 (KLF12) affects the b chain of hemoglobin...
- Tumour-suppression function of KLF12 through regulation of anoikisN Godin-Heymann
Signal Transduction, Cancer Research UK London Research Institute, London, UK
Oncogene 35:3324-34. 2016..We report here that expression of KLF12, a member of the Kruppel-like family of transcription factors, is downregulated in lung cancer cell lines that ..
- Krüppel-like factor 12 is a novel negative regulator of forkhead box O1 expression: a potential role in impaired decidualizationHui Zhang
Reproductive Medicine Center, Drum Tower Clinic Medical College of Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, 210029, Jiangsu, China
Reprod Biol Endocrinol 13:80. 2015..Krüppel-like factor 12 (KLF12) is a negative regulator of endometrial decidualization in vitro...
- p53-Regulated Networks of Protein, mRNA, miRNA, and lncRNA Expression Revealed by Integrated Pulsed Stable Isotope Labeling With Amino Acids in Cell Culture (pSILAC) and Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) AnalysesSabine Hünten
From the Experimental and Molecular Pathology, Institute of Pathology, Ludwig Maximilians University Munich, Thalkirchner Straβe 36, 80337 Munich, Germany
Mol Cell Proteomics 14:2609-29. 2015..Furthermore, KLF12, HMGB1 and CIT mRNAs were confirmed as direct targets of the p53-induced miR-34a, miR-205 and miR-486-5p, ..
- Genome-wide profiling of HPV integration in cervical cancer identifies clustered genomic hot spots and a potential microhomology-mediated integration mechanismZheng Hu
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Tongji Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, Hubei, China
Nat Genet 47:158-63. 2015..7%), FHIT (8.7%), KLF12 (7.8%), KLF5 (6.8%), LRP1B (5.8%) and LEPREL1 (4.9%), we discovered new hot spots HMGA2 (7.8%), DLG2 (4...
- miR-382 inhibits tumor growth and enhance chemosensitivity in osteosarcomaMeng Xu
Department of Orthopaedics, The General Hospital of Chinese People s Liberation Army, Beijing, China
Oncotarget 5:9472-83. 2014..Overexpression of miR-382 inhibited cell growth and chemoresistance by targeting KLF12 and HIPK3, respectively...
- Genome-wide analysis of esophageal adenocarcinoma yields specific copy number aberrations that correlate with prognosisAdam Frankel
Surgical Oncology Group, School of Medicine, The University of Queensland, Princess Alexandra Hospital, Woolloongabba, 4102 Brisbane, QLD 4006, Australia
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 53:324-38. 2014..Regions of frequent amplification included oncogenes such as EGFR, MYC, KLF12, and ERBB2, while frequently deleted regions included tumor suppressor genes such as CDKN2A/B, PTPRD, FHIT, and ..
- Shaking the family tree: identification of novel and biologically active alternatively spliced isoforms across the KLF family of transcription factorsOlga Camacho-Vanegas
Department of Genetics and Genomic Sciences, Mt Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
FASEB J 27:432-6. 2013..In essence, knowing that these KLF isoforms exist provides the first step toward understanding the roles of these genes in human health and disease...
- Krüppel-like factor 12 negatively regulates human endometrial stromal cell decidualizationXiaoyue Shen
Reproductive Medicine Center, The Affiliated Drum Tower Hospital of Nanjing University Medical School, Nanjing 210008, People s Republic of China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 433:11-7. 2013..However, the specific role of KLF12 in endometrium development has not yet been described...
- Complementary expression of AP-2 and AP-2rep in ectodermal derivatives of Xenopus embryosMasanori Gotoh
Graduate School of Science and Technology, Niigata University, 8050 Ikarashi 2, Niigata 950 2181, Japan
Dev Genes Evol 213:363-7. 2003....
- Single-cell mRNA profiling identifies progenitor subclasses in neurospheresGunaseelan Narayanan
Neural Stem Cell Laboratory, Institute of Medical Biology, Singapore, Singapore
Stem Cells Dev 21:3351-62. 2012..One cell population [cluster unsorted (US) 1] expresses high Bmi1 and Hes5 and low Myc and Klf12. Cluster US2 shows intermediate expression of most of the genes analyzed...
- Convergent functional genomics of genome-wide association data for bipolar disorder: comprehensive identification of candidate genes, pathways and mechanismsH Le-Niculescu
Department of Psychiatry, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, USA
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 150:155-81. 2009..of genetics and functional genomics to date in the field of bipolar disorder, yielding a series of novel (such as Klf12, Aldh1a1, A2bp1, Ak3l1, Rorb, Rora) and previously known (such as Bdnf, Arntl, Gsk3b, Disc1, Nrg1, Htr2a) ..
- Genomic structure and DNA binding properties of the human zinc finger transcriptional repressor AP-2rep (KLF12)C Roth
Institute for Pathology, University of Regensburg Medical School, Franz Josef Strauss Allee, Regensburg, D 93042, Germany
Genomics 63:384-90. 2000..a novel murine transcriptional repressor, the Krüppel-like zinc finger protein AP-2rep (HGMW-approved symbol KLF12), that binds to a regulatory element in the AP-2alpha gene promoter...
- Induction of AP-2alpha expression by adenoviral infection involves inactivation of the AP-2rep transcriptional corepressor CtBP1M Schuierer
Institute for Microbiology, University of Regensburg Medical School, Franz Josef Strauss Allee 11, D 93042 Regensburg, Germany
J Biol Chem 276:27944-9. 2001..a transcriptional repressor of AP-2alpha expression, the novel Krüppel-related zinc finger protein AP-2rep (Klf12)...
- Expression of AP-2 alpha in SV40 immortalized human lung fibroblasts is associated with a distinct pattern of cytosine methylation in the AP-2 alpha promoterC H Zhu
Free Radical and Radiation Biology Program, Department of Radiology, The University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1519:85-91. 2001..in the transformed cells encompassed the cis-element for the AP-2 repressing transcription factor AP-2rep (KLF12)...
- Defining a common region of deletion at 13q21 in human cancersC Chen
Department of Pathology, University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 31:333-44. 2001..A gene that is homologous to the WT1 tumor suppressor gene, AP-2rep (KLF12), was mapped in this region and was analyzed for its expression and genetic mutation...
- A genomic map of a 6-Mb region at 13q21-q22 implicated in cancer development: identification and characterization of candidate genesEster Rozenblum
Cancer Genetics Branch, National Human Genome Research Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Hum Genet 110:111-21. 2002..and tissue expression profiles for the KIAA1008 protein (homologous to the yeast mitotic control protein dis3+), KLF12 (AP-2 repressor), progesterone induced blocking factor 1, zinc finger transcription factor KLF5, and LIM domain ..
- Single nucleotide polymorphisms in the gene encoding Krüppel-like factor 7 are associated with type 2 diabetesA Kanazawa
Laboratory for Diabetic Nephropathy, SNP Research Centre, Institute of Physical and Chemical Research, 1 7 22 Suehiro cho, Tsurumi ku, Yokohama, Kanagawa, 230 0045, Japan
Diabetologia 48:1315-22. 2005..The present study aimed to examine the associations of single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in genes encoding members of the Krüppel-like-factor (KLF) family with type 2 diabetes in a large cohort of Japanese subjects...
- A functional screen for Krüppel-like factors that regulate the human gamma-globin gene through the CACCC promoter elementPing Zhang
Department of Human Genetics, Virginia Commonwealth University, PO Box 980033, 1101 E Marshall Street, Richmond, VA 23298 0033, USA
Blood Cells Mol Dis 35:227-35. 2005..KLF2/LKLF, KLF3/BKLF, KLF4/GKLF, KLF5/IKLF, KLF8/BKLF3, KLF11/FKLF, KLF12/AP-2rep and KLF13/FKLF2 were chosen for functional screening...
- Postnatal expression of KLF12 in the inner medullary collecting ducts of kidney and its trans-activation of UT-A1 urea transporter promoterShin Suda
Department of Nephrology, Graduate School of Medicine, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 344:246-52. 2006..We have now found that another KLF transcription factor, KLF12, is expressed in the kidney from around 15 days after birth...
- Chromosomal gains and losses indicate oncogene and tumor suppressor gene candidates in salivary gland tumorsM Giefing
Institute of Human Genetics, Polish Academy of Sciences, Poznan, Poland
Neoplasma 55:55-60. 2008..Besides, we detected a frequent amplification of the 13q22.1-22.2 region in 13/29 cases harboring the KLF5 and KLF12 genes. KLF5 regulates the expression of survivin, an oncogene widely expressed in the majority of human cancers...
- Genome-wide association study of rheumatoid arthritis in the Spanish population: KLF12 as a risk locus for rheumatoid arthritis susceptibilityAntonio Julia
Institut de Recerca, Hospital Universitari Vall d Hebron, corrected Barcelona, Spain
Arthritis Rheum 58:2275-86. 2008..To identify new genes associated with susceptibility to rheumatoid arthritis (RA), using a 2-stage genome-wide association study...
- Involvement of AP-2rep in morphogenesis of the axial mesoderm in Xenopus embryoYoshinari Saito
Graduate School of Science and Technology, Niigata University, Nishi ku, Niigata, Japan
Cell Tissue Res 335:357-69. 2009..These results show that AP-2rep is involved in the morphogenesis of the mesoderm at the gastrula stage, via the brachyury and/or Wnt pathways...
- Krüppel-like factor 12 plays a significant role in poorly differentiated gastric cancer progressionYu Nakamura
Cancer Genomics Project, National Cancer Center Research Institute, Tokyo 104 0045, Japan
Int J Cancer 125:1859-67. 2009..Several genes are located in this locus, and selective knockdown of one for the Krüppel-like factor 12 (KLF12) induced significant growth-arrest in the HGC27 gastric cancer cell line...
- Identification and characterization of novel polymorphisms in the basal promoter of the human transporter, MATE1Ji Ha Choi
Department of Pharmacology, Ewha Womans University, Seoul, Korea
Pharmacogenet Genomics 19:770-80. 2009..In this study, we characterized the transcriptional effects of five polymorphic variants and six common haplotypes in the basal promoter region of MATE1 that were identified in 272 DNA samples from ethnically diverse US populations...
- No evidence of association of the KLF12 gene with rheumatoid arthritis in Spanish and Dutch cohorts and a meta-analysis of published dataMercedes García-Bermúdez
Instituto de Parasitologia y Biomedicina Lopez Neyra, IPBLN CSIC, Granada, Spain
Hum Immunol 72:779-82. 2011The aim of the present study was to replicate the previously reported association of KLF12 gene polymorphisms with rheumatoid arthritis (RA)...
- Transcriptional regulation of the AP-2alpha promoter by BTEB-1 and AP-2rep, a novel wt-1/egr-related zinc finger repressorA Imhof
Institute for Pathology, University of Regensburg Medical School, D 93042 Regensburg, Germany
Mol Cell Biol 19:194-204. 1999....
- A genome-wide association study identifies pancreatic cancer susceptibility loci on chromosomes 13q22.1, 1q32.1 and 5p15.33Gloria M Petersen
Department of Health Sciences Research, College of Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
Nat Genet 42:224-8. 2010..19, 95% CI 1.11-1.27), maps to the CLPTM1L-TERT locus on 5p15.33, which is associated with multiple cancers. Our study has identified common susceptibility loci for pancreatic cancer that warrant follow-up studies...
- A functionally relevant IRF5 haplotype is associated with reduced risk to Wegener's granulomatosisStefan Wieczorek
Department of Human Genetics, Ruhr University, MA5 39, 44780, Bochum, Germany
J Mol Med (Berl) 88:413-21. 2010..single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) within or in the vicinity of CCL21, CD40, CDK6, IL21, IL2RB, IRF5, KIF5A, KLF12, MMEL1, PRKCQ, STAT4, TNFAIP3, and TRAF1/C5 have been genotyped in >600 German WG cases and >800 matched ..
- Genetic risk factors for Sudden Cardiac DeathNona Sotoodehnia; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- T cell activating genePatent Number: WO2004058805-A2; Date:2004-07-15