Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: KIR2DL3
Description: killer cell immunoglobulin like receptor, two Ig domains and long cytoplasmic tail 3
Alias: CD158B2, CD158b, GL183, KIR-023GB, KIR-K7b, KIR-K7c, KIR2DS5, KIRCL23, NKAT, NKAT2, NKAT2A, NKAT2B, p58, killer cell immunoglobulin-like receptor 2DL3, CD158 antigen-like family member B2, NKAT-2, killer cell immunoglobulin-like receptor two domains long cytoplasmic tail 3, killer cell immunoglobulin-like receptor, two domains, short cytoplasmic tail, 5, killer inhibitory receptor cl 2-3, natural killer associated transcript 2, natural killer cell inhibitory receptor KIR2DL3, p58 NK receptor CL-6, p58 natural killer cell receptor clone CL-6, p58.2 MHC class-I specific NK receptor
Publications380 found, 100 shown here
- Morphological analysis of protein transport from the ER to Golgi membranes in digitonin-permeabilized cells: role of the P58 containing compartmentH Plutner
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California 92037
J Cell Biol 119:1097-116. 1992..Transport was vectorial. VSV-G protein was first transported to punctate structures which colocalized with p58 (a putative marker for peripheral punctate pre-Golgi intermediates and the cis-Golgi network) before delivery to ..
- The human natural killer cell receptor for major histocompatibility complex class I molecules. Surface modulation of p58 molecules and their linkage to CD3 zeta chain, Fc epsilon RI gamma chain and the p56lck kinaseC Bottino
Instituto Nazionale per la Ricerca sul Cancro, Genova, Italy
Eur J Immunol 24:2527-34. 1994The natural killer cell (NK)-specific p58 surface molecules, recognized by the GL183 and EB6 monoclonal antibodies (mAb), have been shown to represent the putative NK receptor for HLA-C molecules...
- Transglutaminase-synthesized spermine derivative of substance P recognizes rat portal vein neurokinin-3 receptorsA Filippelli
Institute of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Faculty of Medicine, 2nd University of Naples, Italy
Life Sci 60:403-11. 1997..Therefore, the reported results suggest that the introduction of a Spm moiety into the SP alters the parent peptide molecule by increasing its affinity for NK-3 receptors and/or by preventing its degradation by some proteolytic enzymes...
- Retrograde transport from the pre-Golgi intermediate compartment and the Golgi complex is affected by the vacuolar H+-ATPase inhibitor bafilomycin A1H Palokangas
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Bergen, Norway
Mol Biol Cell 9:3561-78. 1998..Furthermore, p58/ERGIC-53, which normally cycles between the ER, IC, and cis-Golgi, was arrested in pre-Golgi tubules and vacuoles, ..
- Activating receptors and coreceptors involved in human natural killer cell-mediated cytolysisA Moretta
Dipartimento di Medicina Sperimentale, Universita degli Studi di Genova, Italy
Annu Rev Immunol 19:197-223. 2001..Indeed, in patients with the X-linked lymphoproliferative disease, the inability to control Epstein-Barr virus infections may be consequent to a major dysfunction of 2B4 that exerts inhibitory instead of activating functions...
- Association of killer cell immunoglobulin-like receptors and human leukocyte antigen-C genotypes in South Brazilian with type 1 diabetesMariana Jobim
Department of Immunology, Hospital de Clinicas, Porto Alegre, Brazil Postgraduate Course in Medical Sciences, Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, Brazil
Hum Immunol 71:799-803. 2010..005). Our results confirmed the association of the KIR2DL2/DR3 increasing risk for T1D and suggest a protective role of KIR2DL1/C2...
- Functionally and structurally distinct NK cell receptor repertoires in the peripheral blood of two human donorsN M Valiante
Department of Structural Biology, Stanford University School of Medicine, California 94305, USA
Immunity 7:739-51. 1997..Because of these differences, the first donor has subpopulations of NK cells that kill cells of the second donor, whereas the NK cells of the second donor are universally tolerant of cells from the first donor...
- Human diversity in killer cell inhibitory receptor genesM Uhrberg
Department of Structural Biology, Stanford University School of Medicine, California 94305, USA
Immunity 7:753-63. 1997..Group B comprises more noninhibitory KIR genes and contains at least one additional gene not represented in group A. The KIR locus therefore appears to be polygenic and polymorphic within the human population...
- HLA and NK cell inhibitory receptor genes in resolving hepatitis C virus infectionSalim I Khakoo
Liver Group, Division of Infection, Inflammation, and Repair, Southampton University, Southampton 5016 6YD, UK
Science 305:872-4. 2004..We show that genes encoding the inhibitory NK cell receptor KIR2DL3 and its human leukocyte antigen C group 1 (HLA-C1) ligand directly influence resolution of hepatitis C virus (HCV)..
- KIR haplotype content at the allele level in 77 Northern Irish familiesD Middleton
Northern Ireland Regional Histocompatibility and Immunogenetics Laboratory, Belfast City Hospital, Belfast, BT9 7TS, Northern Ireland, UK
Immunogenetics 59:145-58. 2007..with both KIR2DL4 and KIR3DL1/S1 missing, and three different haplotypes were negative for both KIR2DL2 and KIR2DL3; two of these haplotypes carried KIR2DS2...
- Interaction of NK inhibitory receptor genes with HLA-C and MHC class II alleles in Hepatitis C virus infection outcomeViviana Romero
Department of Cancer Immunology and AIDS, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Mol Immunol 45:2429-36. 2008....
- Synergistic polymorphism at two positions distal to the ligand-binding site makes KIR2DL2 a stronger receptor for HLA-C than KIR2DL3Achim K Moesta
Department of Structural Biology, School of Medicine, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
J Immunol 180:3969-79. 2008..The allotypically related KIR2DL2*001 and KIR2DL3*001 interacted with all C1, but they violated the simple rule through interactions with several C2 allotypes, ..
- Influence of activating and inhibitory killer immunoglobulin-like receptors on predisposition to recurrent miscarriagesR M Faridi
Department of Medical Genetics, Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Raebareli Road, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh 226014, India
Hum Reprod 24:1758-64. 2009..Since there exists a considerable, genetically determined variation in the repertoire of KIR receptors between different individuals, a particular maternal KIR repertoire may predispose to recurrent miscarriages (RMs)...
- Protective KIR-HLA interactions for HCV infection in intravenous drug usersJoaquin Zuniga
Instituto Nacional de Enfermedades Respiratorias Ismael Cosio Villegas, Mexico City, Mexico
Mol Immunol 46:2723-7. 2009..association between the presence of different combinations of KIR inhibitory receptor genes (KIR2DL2 and/or KIR2DL3, pC=0.01, OR=0.07; KIR2DL2 and/or KIR2DL3+KIR2DS4, pC=0.01, OR=0...
- Susceptibility to Crohn's disease is mediated by KIR2DL2/KIR2DL3 heterozygosity and the HLA-C ligandJill A Hollenbach
Center for Genetics, Children s Hospital Oakland Research Institute, 5700 Martin Luther King Jr Way, Oakland, CA 94609, USA
Immunogenetics 61:663-71. 2009..Analyses of the interactions between KIR3DL1, KIR2DL1, KIR2DL2, and KIR2DL3 with their respective HLA ligands indicate that there is a protective effect for KIR2DL2 in the absence of its ..
- Co-evolution of KIR2DL3 with HLA-C in a human population retaining minimal essential diversity of KIR and HLA class I ligandsKetevan Gendzekhadze
Department of Structural Biology and Microbiology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:18692-7. 2009..Concomitantly, weaker variants of the C1 receptor, KIR2DL3, were selected and have largely replaced the form of KIR2DL3 brought by the original migrants from Asia...
- Effect of killer immunoglobulin-like receptors in the response to combined treatment in patients with chronic hepatitis C virus infectionJ R Vidal-Castineira
Hospital Universitario Central de Asturias, Spain
J Virol 84:475-81. 2010..005; OR = 2.52). In contrast, the frequencies of the KIR2DL3 genotype (P < 0.001) and KIR2DL3/KIR2DL3 genotype (P < 0.05; OR = 0...
- Consistent beneficial effects of killer cell immunoglobulin-like receptor 2DL3 and group 1 human leukocyte antigen-C following exposure to hepatitis C virusSusanne Knapp
Department of Hepatology, Division of Medicine, Imperial College London, UK
Hepatology 51:1168-75. 2010..b>KIR2DL3 in combination with its cognate human leukocyte antigen (HLA)-C ligand has been shown to be associated with ..
- Inhibitory KIR and specific HLA-C gene combinations confer susceptibility to or protection against chronic hepatitis BXuejun Gao
Central Laboratory, Shandong Provincial Hospital, Shandong University, Jinan, 250021, PR China
Clin Immunol 137:139-46. 2010..combination with HLA-C2 ligand confers susceptibility to chronic hepatitis B (CHB), whereas inhibitory receptor KIR2DL3 or KIR2DL3 homozygote in the presence of HLA-C1C1 genotype shows protection against CHB...
- Study of KIR genes in Lebanese patients with tuberculosisR Mahfouz
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, American University of Beirut Medical Center, Beirut, Lebanon
Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 15:1688-91. 2011..This confirms the findings of another unique international study performed in the Mexican population showing a greater repertoire of inhibitory KIR genes among TB patients than controls...
- A novel phosphotyrosine motif with a critical amino acid at position -2 for the SH2 domain-mediated activation of the tyrosine phosphatase SHP-1D N Burshtyn
Laboratory of Immunogenetics, NIAID, National Institutes of Health, Rockville, Maryland 20852, USA
J Biol Chem 272:13066-72. 1997..The contribution of a hydrophobic amino acid two residues upstream of the tyrosine in the SHP-1-binding motif may be an important feature that distinguishes inhibitory receptors from those that provide activation signals...
- Donor killer immunoglobulin-like receptor (KIR) genotype-patient cognate KIR ligand combination and antithymocyte globulin preadministration are critical factors in outcome of HLA-C-KIR ligand-mismatched T cell-replete unrelated bone marrow transplantatioToshio Yabe
Japanese Red Cross Tokyo Metropolitan Blood Center, Tokyo, Japan
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 14:75-87. 2008....
- Combination of KIR 2DL2 and HLA-C1 (Asn 80) confers susceptibility to type 1 diabetes in LatviansA Shastry
Department of Molecular Medicine and Surgery, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Int J Immunogenet 35:439-46. 2008..Our results suggest that a combination KIR2DL2- HLA-C1 plays a critical role in susceptibility or protection in Latvians against type 1 diabetes...
- Significant association of KIR2DL3-HLA-C1 combination with cerebral malaria and implications for co-evolution of KIR and HLAKouyuki Hirayasu
Department of Human Genetics, Graduate School of Medicine, The University of Tokyo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, Japan
PLoS Pathog 8:e1002565. 2012..We found that the combination of KIR2DL3 and its cognate HLA-C1 ligand was significantly associated with the development of cerebral malaria when compared ..
- Inhibition by SR 140333 of NK1 tachykinin receptor-evoked, nitric oxide-dependent vasodilatation in the hamster cheek pouch microvasculature in vivoJ M Hall
Biomedical Sciences Division, King s College London
Br J Pharmacol 113:522-6. 1994..Keywords: Cheek pouch (hamster); substance P; neurokinin; tachykinin; NK1-receptor; nitric oxide; microvasculature;SR140333; L-NAME; vasodilatation..
- Existence of both inhibitory (p58) and activatory (p50) receptors for HLA-C molecules in human natural killer cellsA Moretta
Istiuto Nazionale per la Ricerca sul Cancro, Genova Italy
J Exp Med 182:875-84. 1995The natural killer (NK) cell-specific p58 molecules EB6 and GL183 have been shown to represent the putative surface receptors for two distinct groups of human histocompatibility leukocyte antigen (HLA) C alleles...
- A novel surface molecule homologous to the p58/p50 family of receptors is selectively expressed on a subset of human natural killer cells and induces both triggering of cell functions and proliferationC Bottino
Istituto Scientifico Tumori, Genova, Italy
Eur J Immunol 26:1816-24. 1996Human natural killer (NK) cells express inhibitory (p58) or activatory (p50) receptors for HLA-C alleles. Here, we describe a novel member of the p58/p50 family that is expressed by a subset of NK cells in about one third of donors...
- Effects of RP 67580, a tachykinin NK1 receptor antagonist, on a primary afferent-evoked response of ventral roots in the neonatal rat spinal cordR Hosoki
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Japan
Br J Pharmacol 113:1141-6. 1994..This study also provides further evidence for the involvement of SP and NKA in the slow VRP evoked by C-fibre stimulation in the neonatal rat spinal cord...
- Tachykinin receptors in the guinea-pig renal pelvis: activation by exogenous and endogenous tachykininsC A Maggi
Pharmacology Department, A Menarini Pharmaceuticals, Florence, Italy
Br J Pharmacol 107:27-33. 1992..NK2 receptors play a dominant role in the physiological response determined by the release of endogenous tachykinins and a contribution of NKI receptors becomes evident after inhibition of peptide degradation...
- Human natural killer cell receptors for HLA-class I molecules. Evidence that the Kp43 (CD94) molecule functions as receptor for HLA-B allelesA Moretta
Istituto di Istologia ed Embriologia Generale, Universita di Genova, Italy
J Exp Med 180:545-55. 1994b>GL183 or EB6 (p58) molecules have been shown to function as receptors for different HLA-C alleles and to deliver an inhibitory signal to natural killer (NK) cells, thus preventing lysis of target cells...
- Delayed-type hypersensitivity-induced increase in vascular permeability in the mouse small intestine: inhibition by depletion of sensory neuropeptides and NK1 receptor blockadeA D Kraneveld
Department of Pharmacology, Utrecht University, The Netherlands
Br J Pharmacol 114:1483-9. 1995..6. These results suggest that sensory nerves are involved in the development of small intestinal DTH reactions in the mouse. NK1 receptors could play an important role in the initiation of the DTH-induced changes in vascular leakage...
- A pharmacological study of NK1 and NK2 tachykinin receptor characteristics in the rat isolated urinary bladderJ M Hall
Pharmacology Group, King s College London, London
Br J Pharmacol 107:777-84. 1992....
- Response of murine and normal human skin to injection of allogeneic blood-derived psoriatic immunocytes: detection of T cells expressing receptors typically present on natural killer cells, including CD94, CD158, and CD161B J Nickoloff
Department of Pathology, Cardinal Bernardin Cancer Center, Loyola University of Chicago, Maywood, Ill 60153, USA
Arch Dermatol 135:546-52. 1999....
- [Immunoediting of natural killer cells by human nasopharyngeal carcinoma cell line: altered expression of KIRs and NKG2D receptors leads to reduction of natural killer cell-mediated cytolysis]Kun Yuan Guo
Department of Pathology, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou 510515, China
Nan Fang Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao 27:247-9. 2007..To analyze the changes of inhibitory killer cell immunoglobulin-like receptors (KIRs), NKG2D receptor and the cytotoxicity of natural killer (NK) cells induced by persistent exposure to CNE2 cells...
- Expression of HLA-C-specific natural killer cell receptors (CD158a and CD158b) on peripheral blood mononuclear cells after allogeneic bone marrow transplantationJ Tanaka
Haematology and Oncology Third Department of Internal Medicine Transfusion Medicine Laboratory of Pathology, Cancer Institute, Hokkaido University School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
Br J Haematol 108:778-83. 2000..Also, there was no difference in the proportion of CD158a+/CD3- after allo-BMT. In contrast, the proportion of CD158b+/CD3- cells, mainly NK cells, increased in the early stage (< 2 months) after allo-BMT and then gradually ..
- KIR-HLA and maternal-infant HIV-1 transmission in sub-Saharan AfricaMaria Paximadis
AIDS Virus Research Unit, National Institute for Communicable Diseases, Johannesburg, South Africa
PLoS ONE 6:e16541. 2011..the total group and in the nevirapine (NVP) exposed group, the most significant findings involved KIR2DL2 and KIR2DL3 and HLA-C...
- The human leukocyte antigen (HLA)-C-specific "activatory" or "inhibitory" natural killer cell receptors display highly homologous extracellular domains but differ in their transmembrane and intracytoplasmic portionsR Biassoni
Istituto Nazionale per la Ricerca sul Cancro e Centro Biotecnologie Avanzate, Genova, Italy
J Exp Med 183:645-50. 1996..They exist not only as inhibitory (p58) but also as activatory (p50) receptors...
- Natural killer cells in perinatally HIV-1-infected children exhibit less degranulation compared to HIV-1-exposed uninfected children and their expression of KIR2DL3, NKG2C, and NKp46 correlates with disease severityWassim M Ballan
Division of Experimental Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of California San Francisco, 1001 Potrero Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94110, USA
J Immunol 179:3362-70. 2007..Lastly, increased expression of KIR2DL3, NKG2C, and NKp46 on NK cells correlated with decreased CD4+ T-lymphocyte percentage, an indicator of disease ..
- Modulation of excitatory amino acid responses by tachykinins and selective tachykinin receptor agonists in the rat spinal cordM J Cumberbatch
Department of Physiology, University of Bristol, School of Medical Sciences
Br J Pharmacol 115:1005-12. 1995..The physiological role of such interactions is likely to be complex...
- COPII vesicles derived from mammalian endoplasmic reticulum microsomes recruit COPIT Rowe
Department of Cell Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
J Cell Biol 135:895-911. 1996..released from the ER were found to contain the cargo molecule vesicular stomatitis virus glycoprotein (VSV-G) and p58, an endogenous protein that continuously recycles between the ER and pre-Golgi intermediates...
- Wine and headacheR Jarisch
Dermatologic and Pediatric Allergy Clinic, Vienna, Austria
Int Arch Allergy Immunol 110:7-12. 1996..In preliminary investigations, assessment of diamine oxidase levels gave decreased activity (0.03 nKat/l) in patients with histamine intolerance compared to healthy controls (0.07 nKat/l)...
- Tachykinin NK1 but not NK2 receptors mediate non-cholinergic excitatory junction potentials in the circular muscle of guinea-pig colonV Zagorodnyuk
Department Neuro muscular Physiology, Bogomoletz Institute of Physiology, Kiev, Ukraine
Br J Pharmacol 110:795-803. 1993....
- Subcellular distribution of the Xenopus p58/lamin B receptor in oocytes and eggsA Gajewski
Division of Electron Microscopy, Biocenter of the University of Wurzburg, Am Hubland, D 97074 Wurzburg, Germany
J Cell Sci 112:2583-96. 1999The p58/lamin B receptor of vertebrates is localized in the inner nuclear membrane...
- Characterization of the synthesis and expression of the GTA-kinase from transformed and normal rodent cellsM Kerr
Department of Oral Biology, University of Florida, Gainesville 32610
Biochim Biophys Acta 1218:375-87. 1994..This activity is dependent upon the expression of the GTA-kinase (p58) in these cells...
- Sequential coupling between COPII and COPI vesicle coats in endoplasmic reticulum to Golgi transportM Aridor
Scripps Research Institute, Department of Cell Biology, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
J Cell Biol 131:875-93. 1995..transported protein vesicular stomatitis virus glycoprotein (VSV-G) from the retrograde transported protein p58, a protein which actively recycles between the ER and pre-Golgi intermediates...
- Urinary kallikrein and blood pressure--gender-different response to potassium supplementation in SHR. Role of aldosteroneElisabeth M Oddo
Instituto de Investigaciones Medicas Alfredo Lanari, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Nephron Physiol 108:p37-45. 2008..To test whether blood pressure is affected by potassium supplementation which modifies urinary kallikrein (UK) in SHR of either sex, and to elucidate the mechanisms involved...
- Cargo can modulate COPII vesicle formation from the endoplasmic reticulumM Aridor
Departments of Cell and Molecular Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
J Biol Chem 274:4389-99. 1999..inhibition of general COPII vesicle budding from ER microsomes and the export of an endogenous recycling protein p58 in vitro. In contrast, synchronized export of VSV-G stimulated COPII vesicle budding both in vivo and in vitro...
- The archaeal DNA primase: biochemical characterization of the p41-p46 complex from Pyrococcus furiosusL Liu
Department of Molecular Biology, Binomolecular Engineering Research Institute, Suita, Osaka 565 0874, Japan
J Biol Chem 276:45484-90. 2001..The two proteins, Pfup41 and Pfup46, have similar sequences to the p48 and p58 subunits, respectively, of the eukaryotic DNA polymerase alpha-primase complex...
- Recovery of cholinesterase activity in the earthworm Eisenia fetida Savigny following exposure to chlorpyrifosSolveig Aamodt
Program for Toxicology and Ecophysiology, Department of Biology, University of Oslo, Norway
Environ Toxicol Chem 26:1963-7. 2007..57 +/- 0.18 nanokatal (nkat)/mg protein (n = 3) and 0.95 +/- 0.07 nkat/mg protein, respectively, and 0.48 +/- 0.07 nkat/mg and 0.45 +/- 0...
- Antinociceptive activity of the tachykinin NK1 receptor antagonist, CP-99,994, in conscious gerbilsN M Rupniak
Merck Sharp and Dohme Research Laboratories, Neuroscience Research Centre, Terlings Park, Harlow, Essex
Br J Pharmacol 116:1937-43. 1995..c.).7 These findings support the proposal that NK1 receptor antagonists may be useful in the clinical management of pain and reinforce the need to dissociate specific and nonspecific antinociceptive effects of available compounds...
- PhytaseR J Wodzinski
Department of Molecular Biology and Microbiology, University of Central Florida, Orlando 32816, USA
Adv Appl Microbiol 42:263-302. 1996..niger NRRL 3135 (12.7 mg P/hr/ml = 6.8 microns P/ml/min = 113.9 nKat/ml) in a mineral salt medium in which total phosphate (4 mg %) is limiting for growth and cornstarch and glucose ..
- Effects of electroporation on primary rat hepatocytes in vitroYun Qing Yao
Department of Infectious Diseases of the First Affiliated Hospital, Chongqing University of Medical Sciences, Chongqing 400016, China
World J Gastroenterol 8:893-6. 2002..To investigate the effects of electroporation on primary rat hepatocyte and to optimize the electroporation conditions introducing foreign genes into primary hepatocytes...
- Bladder inflammatory transcriptome in response to tachykinins: neurokinin 1 receptor-dependent genes and transcription regulatory elementsRicardo Saban
Department of Physiology, The University Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
BMC Urol 7:7. 2007..First, NK1R-dependent transcripts were determined and used to query known databases for their respective transcription regulatory elements (TREs)...
- Catabolism of glycoconjugates in chronic otitis media with cholesteatomaEwa Olszewska
Department od Otolaryngology, Medical University of Bialystok, Bialystok, Poland
J Investig Med 55:248-54. 2007..The mean activity of alpha-MAN from the cholesteatoma cells was 1.76 +/- 1.10 nkat/g wet tissue and 0.61 +/- 0.21 nkat/g wet tissue in the control probes...
- Improved mannan-degrading enzymes' production by Aspergillus niger through medium optimizationSiti Norita Mohamad
Freshwater Fisheries Research Centre, 75350 Batu Berendam, Malacca, Malaysia
N Biotechnol 28:146-52. 2011..The β-mannanase activity obtained during growth of A. niger on guar gum (GG, 1495 nkat mL(-1)) was much higher than those observed on other carbon substrates, locust bean gum (1148 nkat mL(-1)), α-..
- Cloning, sequencing and expression of the gene encoding the carboxytransferase subunit of the biotin-dependent Na+ pump glutaconyl-CoA decarboxylase from Acidaminococcus fermentans in Escherichia coliK Bendrat
Laboratorium für Mikrobiologie, Philipps Universitat Marburg, Federal Republic of Germany
Eur J Biochem 211:697-702. 1993..Active GCDA subunit (up to 2.8 nkat/mg protein), catalysing the biotin-dependent formation of crotonyl-CoA from glutaconyl-CoA, was obtained in cell-..
- Definition of gene content for nine common group B haplotypes of the Caucasoid population: KIR haplotypes contain between seven and eleven KIR genesMarkus Uhrberg
Institute for Transplantation Diagnostics and Cell Therapeutics, University Clinic of Düsseldorf, Building 14 80, Moorenstrasse 5, 40225 Dusseldorf, Germany
Immunogenetics 54:221-9. 2002..Four loci were held in common by all haplotypes: KIR2DL4, KIR3DL2, the putative pseudogene KIR3DL3 and KIR2DL2/KIR2DL3, the latter likely being alleles of one gene...
- Expression of NK-1 and NK-3 tachykinin receptors in pancreatic acinar cells after acute experimental pancreatitis in ratsMaria Broccardo
Dipartimento di Fisiologia Umana e Farmacologia V Erspamer Università di Roma La Sapienza P le A Moro 5 00185 Roma, Italia
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 291:G518-24. 2006..The significant increase in NK-3 receptors during pancreatic stimulation suggests that NK-3 receptors also intervene in the pathogenesis of mild acute pancreatitis in rats...
- Cellular proteins bind to the poly(U) tract of the 3' untranslated region of hepatitis C virus RNA genomeG Luo
Department of Virology, Bristol Myers Squibb Pharmaceutical Research Institute, 5 Research Parkway, Wallingford, Connecticut 06492, USA
Virology 256:105-18. 1999..Two cellular proteins, with estimated molecular masses of 58 kDa (p58) and 35 kDa (p35), respectively, were found to specifically bind to the 3' UTR...
- Immunologic role of nitric oxide in acute rejection of golden hamster to rat liver xenotransplantationTong Jin Diao
Department of General Surgery and Hepatobiliary Surgery, Chinese PLA 401th Navy Hospital, Qingdao 266071, Shandong Province, China diao
World J Gastroenterol 8:746-51. 2002..To evaluate the immunologic role and expression significances of nitric oxide(NO), nitric oxide synthase(NOS),and its isoenzyme in acute rejection to liver xenografts from golden hamster in rat...
- Effect of temperature on soluble invertase activity, and glucose, fructose and sucrose status of onion bulbs (Allium cepa) in storeNoureddine Benkeblia
Department of Food and Nutrtion Sciences, Rakuno Gakuen University, Ebetsu, Hokkaido, Japan
Int J Food Sci Nutr 55:325-31. 2004..Invertase activity increased progressively after 8 weeks to 0.084 and 0.092 nkat/g fresh weight (FW), then sharply to 0.29 and 0...
- The major histocompatibility complex (Mhc) class IIB region has greater genomic structural flexibility and diversity in the quail than the chickenKazuyoshi Hosomichi
Department of Molecular Life Science, Division of Basic Medical Science and Molecular Medicine, Tokai University School of Medicine, 143 Shimokasuya, Isehara, Kanagawa 259 1143, Japan
BMC Genomics 7:322. 2006....
- Inactivation of the PKR protein kinase and stimulation of mRNA translation by the cellular co-chaperone P58(IPK) does not require J domain functionWei Yan
Department of Microbiology and Washington Regional Primate Research Center, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
Biochemistry 41:4938-45. 2002b>P58(IPK) was discovered as an inhibitor of the interferon-induced, protein kinase, PKR...
- Role of tachykinin NK receptors on the local and remote injuries following ischaemia and reperfusion of the superior mesenteric artery in the ratDanielle G Souza
Departamento de Bioquimica e Imunologia, Instituto de Ciencias Biologicas, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Br J Pharmacol 135:303-12. 2002..Antagonists of the tachykinin NK(1) receptor may be useful adjuncts in the treatment of the injuries which occur following reperfusion of an ischaemic vascular territory...
- PhyA gene product of Aspergillus ficuum and Peniophora lycii produces dissimilar phytasesAbul H J Ullah
Southern Regional Research Center, ARS, USDA, New Orleans, LA 70124, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 303:463-8. 2003..At 58 degrees C and pH 5.0, the PL phytase gave a specific activity of 22,000 nKat/mg as opposed to about 3000 nKat/mg for AF phytase...
- Expression of endo-1, 4-beta-xylanase from Trichoderma reesei in Pichia pastoris and functional characterization of the produced enzymeJun He
Institute of Animal Nutrition, Sichuan Agricultural University, Ya an, Sichuan 625014, PR China
BMC Biotechnol 9:56. 2009..The yeast Pichia pastoris can neither utilize nor degrade xylan, but it possesses many attributes that render it an attractive host for the expression and production of industrial enzymes...
- Characterization of p18, a component of the lamin B receptor complex and a new integral membrane protein of the avian erythrocyte nuclear envelopeG Simos
Program of Cell Biology, European Molecular Biology Laboratory, Heidelberg, Federal Republic of Germany
J Biol Chem 271:12617-25. 1996..avian erythrocytes, we have previously isolated a multimeric complex consisting of the lamin B receptor (LBR, or p58), the nuclear lamins, an LBR-specific kinase, a 34-kDa protein, and an 18-kDa polypeptide termed p18...
- Continuous production of lactulose by immobilized thermostable beta-glycosidase from Pyrococcus furiosusJ Mayer
University of Hohenheim, Institute for Food Science and Biotechnology, Department of Biotechnology, Garbenstr 25, 70599 Stuttgart, Germany
J Biotechnol 145:387-93. 2010..The immobilized biocatalysts demonstrated specific activities of 920 nkat g(-1) dry carrier and 1500 nkat g(-1) dry carrier at 75 degrees C with p-nitrophenyl-beta-D-galactopyranoside as ..
- Homologous expression of the feruloyl esterase B gene from Aspergillus niger and characterization of the recombinant enzymeAnthony Levasseur
UMR 1163 INRA de Biotechnologie des Champignons Filamenteux, IFR BAIM, Universités de Provence et de la Méditerranée, ESIL, 163 Avenue de Luminy, Case Postale 925, 13288 Marseille Cedex 09, France
Protein Expr Purif 37:126-33. 2004..niger strain. Homologous overproduction allows to reach an esterase activity of 18 nkat mL(-1) against MCA as substrate...
- [Gene KIR in match with HLA-Cw impacts on NK cell cytotoxicity]Yan Li Lai
Department of Hematology, The Third Hospital, Suzhou University, Changzhou First People Hospital Chuangzhou, Jiangsu Province, China
Zhongguo Shi Yan Xue Ye Xue Za Zhi 17:637-42. 2009..The KIR expression were detected by flow cytometry with antibodies against CD158a, CD158b. The 2 ml of peripheral blood from healthy persons and AML patients were collected, the DNA was extracted by using ..
- Babesia bigemina: isolation and characterization of merozoite rhoptriesR Z Machado
Department of Veterinary Microbiology and Pathology, Washington State University, Pullman 99164 7040
Exp Parasitol 77:315-25. 1993Babesia bigemina apical membrane polypeptide p58, encoded by a multigene family with homologues in other Babesia spp...
- Molecular and functional characterization of the p62 complex, an assembly of nuclear pore complex glycoproteinsT Hu
Department of Cell Biology, Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
J Cell Biol 134:589-601. 1996..The cDNA cloning of rat p62 was reported previously. We have now carried out cDNA cloning of rat p58, p54, and p45...
- RNA--protein interactions within the internal translation initiation region of encephalomyocarditis virus RNAA V Borovjagin
A N Belozersky Laboratory, Moscow State University, USSR
Nucleic Acids Res 19:4999-5005. 1991..The interaction of p58 and p60 with IRES is affected by the integrity of the stem-loop structure proximal to the start AUG codon (nts 680-..
- Regulated expression of a cell division control-related protein kinase during developmentV J Kidd
Department of Cell Biology, University of Alabama, Birmingham 35294
Cell Growth Differ 2:85-93. 1991..We have recently identified a new protein kinase, p58, which contains a large domain that is highly homologous to the cell division control p34cdc2 protein kinase...
- Urokinase plasminogen activator receptor, beta 2-integrins, and Src-kinases within a single receptor complex of human monocytesJ Bohuslav
Institute of Immunology, Vienna International Research Cooperation Center, SFI University of Vienna, Austria
J Exp Med 181:1381-90. 1995..and immunoblotting techniques allowed us to detect the protein tyrosine kinases (PTKs) p60fyn, p53/56lyn, p58/64hck, and p59fgr as components of this "uPA-R complex"...
- Analysis of natural killer (NK) cell subsets defined by the expression of two novel surface antigens (EB6 and GL183) in AIDS and AIDS-related conditionsR Cauda
Istituto di Clinica Malattie Infettive, , Roma, Italy
Clin Immunol Immunopathol 70:198-205. 1994In this study we analyzed the expression of EB6 and GL183, which are part of P58 molecular family that represents the putative NK receptor for MHC class I molecules, in peripheral blood lymphocytes of 60 patients with HIV infection (20 ..
- Direct binding of a soluble natural killer cell inhibitory receptor to a soluble human leukocyte antigen-Cw4 class I major histocompatibility complex moleculeQ R Fan
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 93:7178-83. 1996Natural killer (NK) cells expressing specific p58 NK receptors are inhibited from lysing target cells that express human leukocyte antigen (HLA)-C class I major histocompatibility complex molecules...
- p46, a novel natural killer cell-specific surface molecule that mediates cell activationS Sivori
Istituto di Istologia ed Embriologia Generale, Universita di Genova, Genova, Italy
J Exp Med 186:1129-36. 1997..triggering of cytolytic activity was downregulated by the simultaneous engagement of inhibitory receptors including p58, p70, and CD94/NKG2A...
- Multiple receptors for HLA-G on human natural killer cellsO Mandelboim
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 94:14666-70. 1997..5 donors by blocking the inhibition using monoclonal antibodies against the known NK inhibitory receptors: CD158a, CD158b, and CD94...
- Cloning of a mouse homolog of CD94 extends the family of C-type lectins on murine natural killer cellsR E Vance
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology and Cancer Research Laboratory, University of California at Berkeley, 94720, USA
Eur J Immunol 27:3236-41. 1997..Humans also express the MHC class I-specific p50/p58/p70 family of immunoglobulin-like receptors, but these have not been identified in mice...
- Primase activity of human DNA polymerase alpha-primase. Divalent cations stabilize the enzyme activity of the p48 subunitA Schneider
Institut fur Molekulare Biotechnologie, Beutenbergstrasse 11, D 07745 Jena, Germany
J Biol Chem 273:21608-15. 1998DNA polymerase alpha-primase consists of four subunits, p180, p68, p58, and p48, and comprises two essential enzymatic functions...
- Forward and retrograde trafficking in mitotic animal cells. ER-Golgi transport arrest restricts protein export from the ER into COPII-coated structuresT Farmaki
Department of Anatomy and Physiology, and Department of Biochemistry, MSI WTB complex, Dow Street, University of Dundee, Dundee DD1 4HN, UK
J Cell Sci 112:589-600. 1999..In this report we use the recycling intermediate compartment protein ERGIC 53/p58 and the plasma membrane protein CD8 to establish the site of transport arrest...
- Disordered expression of inhibitory receptors on the NK1-type natural killer (NK) leukaemic cells from patients with hypersensitivity to mosquito bitesN Seo
Department of Dermatology, Hamamatsu University School of Medicine, Hamamatsu, Japan
Clin Exp Immunol 120:413-9. 2000..More than 98% of NK cells from the patients bore CD94 at a higher level than did normal NK cells, whereas p70 or NKAT2, belonging to immunoglobulin-like receptor, was not expressed in those NK cells...
- Characterization of the corrinoid iron-sulfur protein tetrachloroethene reductive dehalogenase of Dehalobacter restrictusJulien Maillard
ENAC Laboratory for Environmental Biotechnology, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology EPFL CH 1015 Lausanne, The Netherlands
Appl Environ Microbiol 69:4628-38. 2003..of tetrachloroethene and trichloroethene to cis-1,2-dichloroethene with a specific activity of 250 +/- 12 nkat/mg of protein...
- Differential expression of KIR/NKAT2 and CD94 molecules on decidual and peripheral blood CD56bright and CD56dim natural killer cell subsetsAudrone Eidukaite
Department of Molecular Immunology, Institute of Immunology, Vilnius University, Moletu plentas 29, Vilnius 2021, Lithuania
Fertil Steril 81:863-8. 2004..To investigate killer inhibitory receptor (KIR) expression by natural killer (NK) cells in early pregnancy...
- CD1d1 displayed on cell size beads identifies and enriches an NK cell population negatively regulated by CD1d1Michael M S Huang
Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
J Immunol 172:5304-12. 2004....
- Autocrine proliferation of neuroblastoma cells is partly mediated through neurokinin receptors: relevance to bone marrow metastasisIndroneil Mukerji
New Jersey Medical School UMDNJ NJMS, Department of Medicine Hematology Oncology, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, 185 South Orange Avenue, MSB, Room E 579, Newark, NJ 07103, USA
J Neurooncol 71:91-8. 2005..The results show potential roles for NK receptors in the proliferation of NB...
- IFN regulatory factor-2 deficiency revealed a novel checkpoint critical for the generation of peripheral NK cellsShinsuke Taki
Department of Immunology and Infectious Diseases, Shinshu University Graduate School of Medicine, Matsumoto, Japan
J Immunol 174:6005-12. 2005..The differential peripheral and central NK cell deficiencies in IRF-2(-/-) mice thus revealed a novel late checkpoint for NK cell maturation, distinct from the early IL-15-dependent expansion stage...
- Role of N-acetyl-beta-d-hexosaminidase in cholesteatoma tissueEwa Olszewska
Department of Otolaryngology, Medical University of Bialystok, Białystok, Poland
Acta Biochim Pol 54:365-70. 2007..Mean release of HEX from the activated cells was 68.55 +/- 30.77 nkat/g wet tissue in cholesteatoma and 31.79 +/- 10.02 nkat/g wet tissue in skin specimens...
- Soluble NKG2D ligands: prevalence, release, and functional impactHelmut Rainer Salih
Department of Internal Medicine II, Eberhard Karls University, Tuebingen, Germany
Front Biosci 13:3448-56. 2008..Here we review and discuss the available data on the prevalence, release, functional impact, and potential clinical value of sNKG2DL...
- Rab18 and Rab43 have key roles in ER-Golgi traffickingSelma Y Dejgaard
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3A2B2
J Cell Sci 121:2768-81. 2008..of the COPI-independent cargo beta-1,4-galactosyltransferase (Galtase)-YFP but not the COPI-dependent cargo p58-YFP from the Golgi to ER in a photobleach assay. Rab18-S22N also potentiated brefeldin-A-induced ER-Golgi fusion...
- Discrimination between the main activating and inhibitory killer cell immunoglobulin-like receptor positive natural killer cell subsets using newly characterized monoclonal antibodiesGaelle David
Etablissement Français du Sang, Universite de Nantes, Immunovirologie et Polymorphisme génétique, EA4271 Nantes, F 44000 France
Immunology 128:172-84. 2009..two KIR-specific monoclonal antibodies (mAbs), 8C11 (specific for KIR2DL1/2DL2/2DL3/2DS2) and 1F12 (specific for KIR2DL3/2DS2), discriminated activating KIR2DS1 (8C11(-) EB6(+)) from inhibitory KIR2DL1 (8C11(+) GL183(-)) and KIR2DL2 (..
- Requirements for control of B-cell lymphoma by NK cellsChristoph D Brenner
Helmholtz Zentrum Munchen, Deutsches Forschungszentrum für Gesundheit und Umwelt, Institut für Molekulare Immunologie, Munchen, Germany
Eur J Immunol 40:494-504. 2010..Thus, NK-receptor coengagement is crucial for NK-cell functions in vivo and especially for NK cell-mediated tumor surveillance...
- NKp46 O-glycan sequences that are involved in the interaction with hemagglutinin type 1 of influenza virusMichal Mendelson
Department of Microbiology and Immunology and the National Institute for Biotechnology in the Negev, Faculty of Health Sciences, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva 84105, Israel
J Virol 84:3789-97. 2010..This study shed light on the O-glycan sequences involved in the interaction of glycoprotein and viral hemagglutinins and may help in the design of agents inhibitory to hemagglutinin for influenza treatment...
- Melatonin inhibits tachykinin NK₂ receptor-triggered 5-HT release from guinea pig isolated colonic mucosaShu Ichi Kojima
Department of Pharmacology, Dokkyo Medical University School of Medicine, Mibu, Tochigi, Japan
Br J Pharmacol 162:1179-85. 2011..The present study was designed to determine the influence of melatonin on 5-HT release from guinea pig colonic mucosa, evoked by the NK₂ receptor agonist, βAla-NKA-(4-10)...
- Mislocalization of CDK11/PITSLRE, a regulator of the G2/M phase of the cell cycle, in Alzheimer diseaseVladan P Bajic
Institute of Biomedical Research, Galenika a d, 11000, Belgrade, Serbia
Cell Mol Biol Lett 16:359-72. 2011..kinase 11 (CDK11) mRNA produces a 110-kDa protein (CDK11(p110)) throughout the cell cycle, a 58-kDa protein (CDK11(p58)) that is specifically translated from an internal ribosome entry site and expressed only in the G(2)/M phase of ..
- Channel catfish leukocyte immune-type receptor mediated inhibition of cellular cytotoxicity is facilitated by SHP-1-dependent and -independent mechanismsBenjamin C Montgomery
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Dev Comp Immunol 37:151-63. 2012..virus to express recombinant chimeric proteins encoding the extracellular and transmembrane regions of human KIR2DL3 fused with the cytoplasmic tails of two putative inhibitory IpLITRs (i.e. IpLITR1.2a and IpLITR1...
- Molecular, anatomical and physiological properties of a genetically modified soybean line transformed with rd29A:AtDREB1A for the improvement of drought toleranceA M Polizel
Departamento de Genetica, Universidade Estadual de Londrina, Londrina, PR, Brasil
Genet Mol Res 10:3641-56. 2011..Seeds from the non-transformed soybean cultivar BR16 and from the genetically modified soybean P58 line (T(2) generation) were grown at 15% gravimetric humidity for 31 days...
- Characterization of Magnaporthe oryzae chrysovirus 1 structural proteins and their expression in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeSyunichi Urayama
Laboratory of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology, Fuchu, Tokyo, Japan
J Virol 86:8287-95. 2012..growth phenotype of its host fungus, harbors four major proteins: P130 (130 kDa), P70 (70 kDa), P65 (65 kDa), and P58 (58 kDa)...
- Cytosolic subunits of ATP synthase are localized to the cortical endoplasmic reticulum-rich domain of the ascidian egg myoplasmHirokazu Ishii
Frontiers of Innovative Research in Science and Technology FIRST, Konan University, Kobe, Hyogo, 650 0047, Japan
Dev Growth Differ 54:753-66. 2012Previously, we revealed that p58, one of the ascidian maternal factors, is identical to the alpha-subunit of F1-ATP synthase (ATPα), a protein complex of the inner mitochondrial membrane...
- Differential Ly49e expression pathways in resting versus TCR-activated intraepithelial γδ T cellsTina Van Den Broeck
Department of Clinical Chemistry, Ghent University, 9000 Ghent, Belgium
J Immunol 190:1982-90. 2013....
- IMMUNE MONITOR FOR COG TRIAL OF ANTI-GD2 IN NEUROBLASTOMAAlice Yu; Fiscal Year: 2009..These studies should yield important information crucial to the design of future passive immunotherapy of cancer in the setting of minimal residual disease following single or double (tandem stem transplantation) myeloablative therapy. ..
- Elizabeth A Trachtenberg; Fiscal Year: 2014..In a recent study of CD, we found inhibitory KIR heterozygotes (KIR2DL2/KIR2DL3) significantly associated with protection in the absence of their HLA ligand (CI), and predisposing in the ..
- ROGER KEITH REEVES; Fiscal Year: 2014..cells includes: (1) epidemiologic evidence demonstrating that individuals expressing alleles for the NK receptor KIR2DL3 and its ligand HLA-C have better clearance and control of HCV, (2) the most effective treatment for chronic HCV ..
- PETER R PARHAM; Fiscal Year: 2016..This comparative analysis will identify unique species characteristics and the basis of differential SIV/HIV-2 immune responses. ..
- HCV resolution correlates with patterned KIR expressions on lymphocytes.James C Ryan; Fiscal Year: 2013..HCV resolution is associated with the robust NK cell expression of weakly inhibitory receptors such as KIR2DL3 in the context of their cognate HLA-C ligands...
- Innate Effector Function and HIV-1 ControlLuis J Montaner; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Immune Regulation of Virus Clearance and Tissue Injury at Sites of InfectionThomas J Braciale; Fiscal Year: 2013..To determine the impact of viral infection on the production of Te-derived IL- 10. The proposed studies are designed to complement ongoing related studies in Projects 2, 3 and 4. ..
- Suppression of the Interferon Response by the Hepatitis C VirusFRANCIS VINCENT CHISARI; Fiscal Year: 2010..g. PACT, TRBP, P58). In Specific Aim 3, we will determine how PKR phosphorylation confers a survival advantage for HCV...
- Randal J Kaufman; Fiscal Year: 2016..mitochondrial membrane potential and ROS production in islets as well as in murine immortalized p cell lines from p58"^'^*^* and p58"''^'^'mice +/- glucose stimulation will be analyzed. b...
- Structure/function studies of CTLD NK immunoreceptorsRoland K Strong; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Donald D Anthony; Fiscal Year: 2016..NK cell inhibitory receptor KIR2DL3 in combination with its weaker binding ligand (HLA-C1) are associated with greater clearance of acute HCV ..
- Evaluating New Targets of CMV Cellular ImmunityJohn A Zaia; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Role of IL28B and HIV in NK Control of HCVDonald D Anthony; Fiscal Year: 2013..NK cell inhibitory receptor KIR2DL3 in combination with its weaker binding ligand (HLA-C1) are associated with clearance of acute HCV infection, ..
- MICHAEL GORDON HARRINGTON; Fiscal Year: 2015..Our theory predicts that BCEC NKAT activity above an upper limit elevates [Na+], increasing neuronal excitability that causes the headache and extreme ..
- Functional Analysis of CDKp110 Protein KinaseJill M Lahti; Fiscal Year: 2010..CDK11p110/p58-null mouse embryos fail to develop past E3...
- Neuronal Changes in Adult Rats Induced by Neonatal PainAdrian Miranda; Fiscal Year: 2011..This study will be the first systematic evaluation of chronic visceral hyperalgesia that results from a non-inflammatory somatic stimulus in early life. ..
- Viral evasion of NK cellsStipan Jonjic; Fiscal Year: 2012..abstract_text> ..
- NK AND T CELL COSTIMULATION BY NKG2D/DAP10LEWIS LANIER; Fiscal Year: 2005..Given the broad distribution of MICA/B on freshly isolated human tumors, studies of the NKG2D-DAP10 receptor may provide new opportunities for immunotherapeutic intervention in cancer. ..
- THOMAS PATRICK LOUGHRAN; Fiscal Year: 2016..Our work will define new pathways important for survival of both leukemic and activated normal NK cells. We expect that understanding sphingolipid survival signaling will lead to novel therapeutic approaches for an incurable illness. ..
- Role of Medullary Substance P in Acute and Persistent NociceptionDonna L Hammond; Fiscal Year: 2012..Insights gain from this work will guide the development of new, more effective pharmacotherapies or cognitive approaches for the relief of persistent pain. ..
- Nonstructural 4B Protein and Hepatitus C Virus ProductionKouacou V Konan; Fiscal Year: 2013..infection, NS4B binds to several virus proteins and regulates their activities, which in the case of NS5A is via p58 formation by host kinases; Specific residues in the NS4B protein contribute to NS5A p58 formation and virion ..
- Roy A Mariuzza; Fiscal Year: 2014..Moreover, its identification as a danger signal makes the NKp30-BAT3 interaction of special interest for understanding how the immune system recognizes damaged cells. We propose to determine the structure of BAT3 in complex with NKp30. ..
- Tahir H Tahirov; Fiscal Year: 2016..In humans, the primase component consists of a small catalytic subunit (p49) and a large subunit (p58), and pol alpha is comprised of a catalytic subunit (p180) and an accessory subunit B (p70)...
- Craig R Stumpf; Fiscal Year: 2014..The p58 isoform of cyclin dependent kinase 11 (CDK11) is one prominent example...
- PLATELET AGGLUTINATION IN THROMBOTIC MICROANGIOPATHYERIC LIAN; Fiscal Year: 1993..We have identified and isolated two platelet agglutinating/aggregation proteins p37 (PAP p37) and p58 (PAP p58) out of the plasmas from two different patients with TTP, which are thought to cause the thrombotic ..
- RETROVIRAL GAG PROTEIN BINDING TO TYROSINE KINASESCORALIE CARRAWAY; Fiscal Year: 2001..Purified p58 binds to mf, phospholipid and a membrane glycoprotein of a mf-associated signal transduction particle (STP)...
- MHC Class Ib Mismatch in Prenatal TransplantationAimen Shaaban; Fiscal Year: 2007..Additionally, for the first time, we will probe the mechanisms regulating the innate immune responses regulating fetal allotransplantation. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- NON-PEPTIDE PEPTIDOMIMETICSRalph Hirschmann; Fiscal Year: 2004..Finally, we will explore (K) the pharmacokinetic profiles of our lead mimics through our collaborations with expert biologists. ..
- PRE TARGETED THERAPY USING THE NOVEL TACHYKININ (NK) RECRosalyn Blumenthal; Fiscal Year: 2001..Potential GI and marrow toxicity will be assessed by monitoring body weight changes and white blood cell and platelet counts. Mice will also be monitored for possible neurotoxicity. ..
- Natural Killer Subset Senescence and Clonality in AgingCharles Lutz; Fiscal Year: 2007..It is our EXPECTATION that the proposed study will rigorously test our hypotheses and lead to definitive future studies on NK subset development, function, proliferation, and senescence. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- NK RECEPTORS AND CD1 ROLES IN NK AND NK T CELL FUNCTIONLaurent Brossay; Fiscal Year: 2000....
- Development of Yeast-Based Assays for anti-influenza drug discoveryDaniel Engel; Fiscal Year: 2006..The targets for HTS will be the influenza A NS1 and M2 proteins, and the cellular p58 protein. NS1 and M2 have been shown to induce pronounced growth inhibition ("toxicity") when expressed in S...
- NK CELL RECEPTOR RECOGNITION OF ORAL CANCERSCharles Lutz; Fiscal Year: 2004..Via knowledge of tumor ligands and NK receptor signaling, better prevention and treatment of OC-SCC may be developed. ..
- Structure-Function Study of Protein-Protein RecognitionRoy Mariuzza; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- EXPRESSION, SPECIFICITY, AND FUNCTION OF LY49 FAMILYWayne Yokoyama; Fiscal Year: 2001..Thus, these studies will provide fundamental new information that will further elucidate the function of NK cells and their tolerance mechanisms. ..
- CHARACTERIZATION OF HUMAN 2B4 AND 2B4 GENE KNOCKOUT MICEPORUNELLOOR MATHEW; Fiscal Year: 2004..The experiments proposed in this project should provide a clearer understanding of the role of 2B4 in modulating various functions of human NK cells and may reveal new insights and open new avenues for cancer immunotherapy. ..
- Formation and Function of Human CD28-Negative T CellsDorothy Lewis; Fiscal Year: 2004..These studies are important for understanding the biology of human memory T cells especially for vaccine design. ..
- IMMUNOBIOLOGY OF AGING IN GENETICALLY ALTERED MICEWarren Ladiges; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- TRANSGENIC ANIMAL MODEL DEVELOPMENT--PKR PROTEIN KINASEWarren Ladiges; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- BREAST CANCER/BONE MARROW STROMAL INTERACTIONSPranela Rameshwar; Fiscal Year: 2003..Since BC metastasis involves two major cell subsets, mesenchymal (stroma) and epithelial (BC), aim 4 will determine if regulation of PPT-I, NK-1 and NK-2 is tissue specific by studying their promoters in these cell subsets. ..
- Comparative Mouse Genomics CenterWarren Ladiges; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Alzheimer's Disease and Impaired APP ProteolysisWarren Ladiges; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Vaccine hurdle to anthrax and the emerging immune systemPranela Rameshwar; Fiscal Year: 2006..This study will also form the basis to develop in vivo model with human hematopoietic system to study anthrax infection and also to improve responses to anthrax vaccines. ..
- MHC proteins, copolymers and peptide 15mers in EAEJack L Strominger; Fiscal Year: 2010..__ ..
- LPS-PEPTIDE INTERACTION IN BLADDER INFLAMMATIONRicardo Saban; Fiscal Year: 2007..Information generated by this study should elucidate whether bladder inflammatory responses, regardless of etiology, occur via a common mechanism or whether the endpoints are specific for each stimulus. ..
- Healing Touch and Immunity in Advanced Cervical CancerSusan Lutgendorf; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Distinct functional phases in innate reconstitutionJeffery Auletta; Fiscal Year: 2008..Sound mentorship and established infrastructure will combine with the applicant's personal commitment in fostering his development into a fully funded independent investigator. ..
- Biobehavioral-Cytokine Interactions in Ovarian CancerSusan Lutgendorf; Fiscal Year: 2007..Findings will have implications for innovative behavioral and pharmacological intervention strategies for ovarian cancer patients. ..
- Proteomic Analysis of the Innate Antiviral ResponseMichael Katze; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Urothelial Cell Physiology in Normal and Disease StatesRicardo Saban; Fiscal Year: 2005..Scott-Hultgren (Washington U) will discuss the molecular basis of persistent bladder infections. The bladder cancer discussion will be chaired by Drs. Robert Hurst (Oklahoma U) and Jenny Southgate (U. York). ..
- Microarray Analysis of Translational Regulatory PathwaysMichael Katze; Fiscal Year: 2003..The proposed studies make use of technologies not available at the time of the parent grant award and will allow us to capitalize on recent findings and extend our studies in new directions. ..
- GAD65 PEPTIDES BOUND TO IDDM-ASSOCIATED MHC PROTEINSJACK STROMINGER; Fiscal Year: 2003..These studies may help both in understanding the dual roles of HLA-DR and HLA-DQ proteins in the genesis of this disease, and in defining peptides that might be useful in induction of tolerance in at-risk subjects. ..
- HEPATITIS C VIRUS AND INTERFERON--CONTROL OF PKR BY NS5AMichael Katze; Fiscal Year: 2001..3) Identification of NS5A phosphorylation sites in vivo. The importance of such sites for NS5A function will be examined by site-directed mutagenesis. ..
- Bladder transcriptome in experimental inflammationRicardo Saban; Fiscal Year: 2007..Following target validation of SSH-selected genes, a custom array will be developed. This micro array will be used to determine how the bladder transcriptome is altered by BCG therapy. ..
- GENE EXPRESSION PROFILING OF AIDS VACCINE STRATEGIESMichael Katze; Fiscal Year: 2007..Ultimately, these studies may also suggest mechanisms to enhance current AIDS vaccine strategies. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Healing Touch, Immunity, and Fatigue in Breast CancerSusan Lutgendorf; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- HEPATITIS C VIRUS:PATHOGENESIS AND CELLULAR SIGNALINGMichael Katze; Fiscal Year: 2005..Identification of the kinase will likely help decipher the detailed molecular pathways uncovered from these studies. These studies may contribute to the identification of novel cellular gene targets for anti-HCV therapeutics. ..
- p38 MAP Kinase and Akt Interaction in HUVECShehla Pervin; Fiscal Year: 2008..This investigation could help us understand the mechanisms by which the mortality rate of male fetus and neonates is higher than female. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Prediction of Lupus Outcome by Gene Expression PatternsRobert Winchester; Fiscal Year: 2006..Second, whether CellCept will prove to be efficacious in a different gene expression subset, suggesting it could be used in these cases as a less toxic alternative to Cytoxan. ..
- Gene Expression Profiling in Filovirus-Infected CellsMichael Katze; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- TARGETED DRUG THERAPY FOR LGL LEUKEMIAPearlie K Epling Burnette; Fiscal Year: 2008..Results of these studies should identify important molecular targets for drug development in bone marrow failure syndromes. ..
- Influence of Lactation on Postpartum Stress and ImmunityMAUREEN EDITH GROER; Fiscal Year: 2010..The immunology and endocrinology of the postpartum provides a lens through which to study autoimmune disease, as the postpartum is a critical period for development or exacerbation of many autoimmune diseases. ..
- VTC Events Mediated by the Rab2 ComplexEllen J Tisdale; Fiscal Year: 2010..The studies proposed in this application will develop a new and novel paradigm that couples Rab2-Apkc lA-GAPDH dysfunction with pathological consequences. ..
- Immunopathogenic features in calcific aortic stenosisRobert Winchester; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Macaque Model and Gene Expression Profiling of SARSMichael Katze; Fiscal Year: 2009..Such knowledge may lead to new diagnostic, therapeutic, or vaccine strategies, which may serve as important countermeasures to future SARS outbreaks. ..
- TRANSLATIONAL CONTROL IN INFLUENZA VIRUS INFECTED CELLSMichael Katze; Fiscal Year: 2009..The identification of host pathways impacted by influenza virus should reveal novel therapeutic targets and lead to improved antiviral therapies and vaccines. ..
- 3rd International Conference on Primate GenomicsMichael Katze; Fiscal Year: 2008..Importantly, this conference will also highlight research activities in which genomics and nonhuman primate models are being used to better understand, prevent, and treat human disease. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..