Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: KIR2DL1
Description: killer cell immunoglobulin like receptor, two Ig domains and long cytoplasmic tail 1
Alias: CD158A, KIR-K64, KIR221, NKAT, NKAT-1, NKAT1, p58.1, killer cell immunoglobulin-like receptor 2DL1, CD158 antigen-like family member A, MHC class I NK cell receptor, killer cell immunoglobulin-like receptor, two domains, long cytoplasmic tail, 1, killer inhibitory receptor 2-2-1, natural killer-associated transcript 1, p58 NK cell inhibitory receptor NKR-K6, p58 NK receptor CL-42/47.11, p58 killer cell inhibitory receptor KIR-K64, p58 natural killer cell receptor clones CL-42/47.11, p58.1 MHC class-I-specific NK receptor
Publications249 found, 100 shown here
- Killer cell immunoglobulin-like receptor genotypes in Japanese patients with type 1 diabetesS Mogami
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine, Graduate School of Medical Science, Kyoto, Japan
Tissue Antigens 70:506-10. 2007..combinations of the presence or absence of KIR3DS1/KIR3DL1 and its ligand human leukocyte antigen (HLA)-Bw4, or KIR2DL1 and its ligand HLA-C group 2, the genotype distribution was significantly different between the patients with ..
- Combination of KIR 2DL2 and HLA-C1 (Asn 80) confers susceptibility to type 1 diabetes in LatviansA Shastry
Department of Molecular Medicine and Surgery, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Int J Immunogenet 35:439-46. 2008..Our results suggest that a combination KIR2DL2- HLA-C1 plays a critical role in susceptibility or protection in Latvians against type 1 diabetes...
- Molecular clones of the p58 NK cell receptor reveal immunoglobulin-related molecules with diversity in both the extra- and intracellular domainsN Wagtmann
Laboratory of Immunogenetics, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Rockville, Maryland 20852, USA
Immunity 2:439-49. 1995..These data revealed a repertoire of NK cells with clonally distributed p58 receptors exhibiting diversity in both extracellular and intracellular domains...
- Structure of the inhibitory receptor for human natural killer cells resembles haematopoietic receptorsQ R Fan
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138, USA
Nature 389:96-100. 1997..The topology of the domains and their arrangement relative to each other reveal a relationship to the haematopoietic receptor family, with implications for the signalling mechanism in NK cells...
- Functionally and structurally distinct NK cell receptor repertoires in the peripheral blood of two human donorsN M Valiante
Department of Structural Biology, Stanford University School of Medicine, California 94305, USA
Immunity 7:739-51. 1997..Because of these differences, the first donor has subpopulations of NK cells that kill cells of the second donor, whereas the NK cells of the second donor are universally tolerant of cells from the first donor...
- Human diversity in killer cell inhibitory receptor genesM Uhrberg
Department of Structural Biology, Stanford University School of Medicine, California 94305, USA
Immunity 7:753-63. 1997..Group B comprises more noninhibitory KIR genes and contains at least one additional gene not represented in group A. The KIR locus therefore appears to be polygenic and polymorphic within the human population...
- Crystal structure of the human natural killer cell inhibitory receptor KIR2DL1-HLA-Cw4 complexQ R Fan
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology and Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Harvard University, 7 Divinity Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
Nat Immunol 2:452-60. 2001..We report here the crystal structure of the inhibitory human killer cell immunoglobulin-like receptor 2DL1 (KIR2DL1) bound to its class I MHC ligand, HLA-Cw4...
- Spontaneous clustering and tyrosine phosphorylation of NK cell inhibitory receptor induced by ligand bindingMathias Faure
Laboratory of Immunogenetics, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20852, USA
J Immunol 170:6107-14. 2003..The unique property of KIR to become phosphorylated in the absence of adhesion and of actin cytoskeleton rearrangement explains how KIR can efficiently block early activation signals during NK-target cell contacts...
- Gene for the activating natural killer cell receptor, KIR2DS1, is associated with susceptibility to psoriasis vulgarisWioleta Łuszczek
Laboratory of Immunogenetics, Department of Clinical Immunology, Ludwik Hirszfeld Institute of Immunology and Experimental Therapy, Polish Academy of Sciences, Wrocław, Poland
Hum Immunol 65:758-66. 2004..This molecule is recognized by the inhibitory receptor KIR2DL1 and the activatory receptor KIR2DS1, which are expressed on natural killer cells and subpopulations of T ..
- Cloning of immunoglobulin-superfamily members associated with HLA-C and HLA-B recognition by human natural killer cellsM Colonna
Basel Institute for Immunology, Switzerland
Science 268:405-8. 1995..The distribution of these cDNAs was clonotypic and correlated with NK cell inhibition by particular class I alleles. Thus, NKAT cDNAs may encode receptors for class I molecules on NK cells.
- Association of killer cell immunoglobulin-like receptor genotypes with microscopic polyangiitisRisa Miyashita
University of Tokyo, Hongo, Tokyo, Japan
Arthritis Rheum 54:992-7. 2006..In this study, we examined possible associations of the presence or absence of KIR loci with a genetic predisposition to MPA...
- Diversity of killer cell immunoglobulin-like receptor genes in Pacific Islands populationsMarija Velickovic
Molecular Genetics Section, Tissue Typing, Australian Red Cross Blood Service, 153 Clarence Street, Sydney, NSW 2000, Australia
Immunogenetics 58:523-32. 2006..Commonly observed KIR genes in Pacific Islands populations (pooled frequencies) were KIR2DL1 (0.77), KIR2DL3 (0.77), KIR3DL1 (0.65), KIR3DL3 (0.93), KIR2DS4/1D (0.78), and KIR2DP1 (0...
- Response of murine and normal human skin to injection of allogeneic blood-derived psoriatic immunocytes: detection of T cells expressing receptors typically present on natural killer cells, including CD94, CD158, and CD161B J Nickoloff
Department of Pathology, Cardinal Bernardin Cancer Center, Loyola University of Chicago, Maywood, Ill 60153, USA
Arch Dermatol 135:546-52. 1999....
- [Immunoediting of natural killer cells by human nasopharyngeal carcinoma cell line: altered expression of KIRs and NKG2D receptors leads to reduction of natural killer cell-mediated cytolysis]Kun Yuan Guo
Department of Pathology, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou 510515, China
Nan Fang Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao 27:247-9. 2007..To analyze the changes of inhibitory killer cell immunoglobulin-like receptors (KIRs), NKG2D receptor and the cytotoxicity of natural killer (NK) cells induced by persistent exposure to CNE2 cells...
- The diversity of KIR gene in Chinese Northern Han population and the impact of donor KIR and patient HLA genotypes on outcome following HLA-identical sibling allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation for hematological malignancy in Chinese peopleLi Ping Dou
Department of Hematology, PLA General Hospital of China, 28 Fuxing Road, Beijing 100853, China
Int J Hematol 87:422-33. 2008..this study demonstrated a decreased incidence of severe aGVHD in patients lacking HLA ligand for donor-inhibitory KIR2DL1 (31.4 vs. 70%, P = 0.029)...
- Expression of HLA-C-specific natural killer cell receptors (CD158a and CD158b) on peripheral blood mononuclear cells after allogeneic bone marrow transplantationJ Tanaka
Haematology and Oncology Third Department of Internal Medicine Transfusion Medicine Laboratory of Pathology, Cancer Institute, Hokkaido University School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
Br J Haematol 108:778-83. 2000..b>CD158a expression was low and there was little change in the expression after allo-BMT...
- Polymorphisms of KIR gene and HLA-C alleles: possible association with susceptibility to HLA-B27-positive patients with ankylosing spondylitisYu Lian Jiao
Central Laboratory, Provincial Hospital affiliated to Shandong University, Jinan 250021, People s Republic of China
J Clin Immunol 30:840-4. 2010..The results showed that the frequencies of KIR2DL1 and KIR2DL5 were significantly higher in the AS patient group than those in the control group (p = 0...
- Distribution of the killer cell immunoglobulin-like receptors in Mexican MestizosG Contreras
Department of Immunology and Immunogenetics, Instituto de Diagnostico y Referencia Epidemiologicos, INDRE, Secretary of Health, Mexico City, Mexico
Tissue Antigens 69:125-9. 2007..b>kir2dl1 (76.43%), kir2dl2 (37.64%), kir2dl3 (76.43%), kir2dl5 (29.29%), kir3ds1 (23.02%), kir2ds1 (21.83%), kir2ds2 (37...
- Cobalt-mediated dimerization of the human natural killer cell inhibitory receptorQ R Fan
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology and Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138, USA
J Biol Chem 275:23700-6. 2000..In this study, the inhibitory NK receptor KIR2DL1 was discovered to dimerize in the presence of Co(2+) as observed on native gel electrophoresis and by gel ..
- Homozygosity for human leucocyte antigen-C ligands of KIR2DL1 is associated with increased risk of relapse after human leucocyte antigen-C-matched unrelated donor haematopoietic stem cell transplantationSebastian Giebel
Department of Haematology and BMT, Silesian Medical University, Katowice, Poland
Br J Haematol 131:483-6. 2005..02) when compared with both HLA-C(1) homozygous (n = 43) and HLA-C(1),C(2) heterozygous (n = 50) subgroups. Patients lacking HLA-C(1) should, therefore, be considered at increased risk of relapse following HLA-C-matched URD-HSCT...
- Wine and headacheR Jarisch
Dermatologic and Pediatric Allergy Clinic, Vienna, Austria
Int Arch Allergy Immunol 110:7-12. 1996..In preliminary investigations, assessment of diamine oxidase levels gave decreased activity (0.03 nKat/l) in patients with histamine intolerance compared to healthy controls (0.07 nKat/l)...
- Susceptibility to Crohn's disease is mediated by KIR2DL2/KIR2DL3 heterozygosity and the HLA-C ligandJill A Hollenbach
Center for Genetics, Children s Hospital Oakland Research Institute, 5700 Martin Luther King Jr Way, Oakland, CA 94609, USA
Immunogenetics 61:663-71. 2009..Analyses of the interactions between KIR3DL1, KIR2DL1, KIR2DL2, and KIR2DL3 with their respective HLA ligands indicate that there is a protective effect for KIR2DL2 in ..
- Inhibitory KIR and specific HLA-C gene combinations confer susceptibility to or protection against chronic hepatitis BXuejun Gao
Central Laboratory, Shandong Provincial Hospital, Shandong University, Jinan, 250021, PR China
Clin Immunol 137:139-46. 2010..We found that inhibitory receptor KIR2DL1 in combination with HLA-C2 ligand confers susceptibility to chronic hepatitis B (CHB), whereas inhibitory ..
- Humans differ from other hominids in lacking an activating NK cell receptor that recognizes the C1 epitope of MHC class IAchim K Moesta
Department of Structural Biology, School of Medicine, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
J Immunol 185:4233-7. 2010..and a representative panel of 95 HLA class I targets, we show that KIR2DS1 binds C2 with ~50% the avidity of KIR2DL1, whereas KIR2DS2, KIR2DS3, and KIR2DS5 have no detectable avidity for C1, C2, or any other HLA class I epitope...
- Matched sizes of activating and inhibitory receptor/ligand pairs are required for optimal signal integration by human natural killer cellsKarsten Köhler
Division of Cell and Molecular Biology, Imperial College London, London, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 5:e15374. 2010..is regulated by integrating signals from activating receptors, such as NKG2D, and inhibitory receptors, such as KIR2DL1. Elongating the NKG2D ligand MICA reduced its ability to trigger NK cell activation...
- Evidence for natural killer cell-mediated protection from metastasis formation in uveal melanoma patientsWillem Maat
Department of Ophthalmology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 50:2888-95. 2009..In this study, three novel lines of evidence were identified that support a role for NK cells...
- Relevance of C1 and C2 epitopes for hemopoietic stem cell transplantation: role for sequential acquisition of HLA-C-specific inhibitory killer Ig-like receptorJohannes C Fischer
Institute for Transplantation Diagnostics and Cell Therapeutics, Heinrich Heine University Dusseldorf, Moorenstrasse 5, D 40225 Dusseldorf, Germany
J Immunol 178:3918-23. 2007..the C1-specific inhibitory KIR2DL2/3 at earlier time points and with higher frequency than the C2-specific KIR2DL1. These findings define a novel determinant for understanding the role of NK cells in clinical hemopoietic stem ..
- [Killer cell immunoglobin-like receptor and its ligand gene polymorphisms in Hunan Han patients with type 1 diabetes]Yu Yu Tan
Institute of Metabolism and Endocrinology, Diabetic Center, Metabolic Syndrome Research Center, Second Xiangya Hospital, Central South University, Changsha 410011, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 90:236-40. 2010..To investigate the association of Killer cell immunoglobin-like receptor (KIR) gene and KIRs'ligand (HLA-C) gene polymorphisms with type 1 diabetes (T1DM)...
- NK cell activation by KIR-binding antibody 1-7F9 and response to HIV-infected autologous cells in viremic and controller HIV-infected patientsSusanne E Johansson
Department of Microbiology, Tumor and Cell Biology and Strategic Research Center IRIS, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Clin Immunol 134:158-68. 2010..Activation of NK cells was regulated by KIRs, because NK cell degranulation was increased by 1-7F9, a human antibody that binds KIR2DL1/L2/L3 and KIR2DS1/S2, and this effect was most pronounced in KIR haplotype B individuals.
- PhytaseR J Wodzinski
Department of Molecular Biology and Microbiology, University of Central Florida, Orlando 32816, USA
Adv Appl Microbiol 42:263-302. 1996..niger NRRL 3135 (12.7 mg P/hr/ml = 6.8 microns P/ml/min = 113.9 nKat/ml) in a mineral salt medium in which total phosphate (4 mg %) is limiting for growth and cornstarch and glucose ..
- Purification and characterization of a hydroxamic acid glucoside beta-glucosidase from wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) seedlingsM Sue
Division of Applied Life Sciences, Graduate School of Agriculture, Kyoto University, Japan
Planta 210:432-8. 2000..5) and the purified enzyme showed a high affinity for DIMBOA-Glc, Vmax and Km being 4100 nkat/mg protein and 0.27 mM, respectively...
- Cloning, expression, and purification of glyoxysomal 3-oxoacyl-CoA thiolase from sunflower cotyledonsAnke C Schiedel
Cell Biology, MSB, New York University Medical Center, New York, NY 10016, USA
Protein Expr Purif 33:25-33. 2004..The enzyme was purified 53.4-fold and had a specific activity of 235 nkat/mg protein...
- Urinary kallikrein and blood pressure--gender-different response to potassium supplementation in SHR. Role of aldosteroneElisabeth M Oddo
Instituto de Investigaciones Medicas Alfredo Lanari, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Nephron Physiol 108:p37-45. 2008..To test whether blood pressure is affected by potassium supplementation which modifies urinary kallikrein (UK) in SHR of either sex, and to elucidate the mechanisms involved...
- Recovery of cholinesterase activity in the earthworm Eisenia fetida Savigny following exposure to chlorpyrifosSolveig Aamodt
Program for Toxicology and Ecophysiology, Department of Biology, University of Oslo, Norway
Environ Toxicol Chem 26:1963-7. 2007..57 +/- 0.18 nanokatal (nkat)/mg protein (n = 3) and 0.95 +/- 0.07 nkat/mg protein, respectively, and 0.48 +/- 0.07 nkat/mg and 0.45 +/- 0...
- Effects of electroporation on primary rat hepatocytes in vitroYun Qing Yao
Department of Infectious Diseases of the First Affiliated Hospital, Chongqing University of Medical Sciences, Chongqing 400016, China
World J Gastroenterol 8:893-6. 2002..To investigate the effects of electroporation on primary rat hepatocyte and to optimize the electroporation conditions introducing foreign genes into primary hepatocytes...
- Catabolism of glycoconjugates in chronic otitis media with cholesteatomaEwa Olszewska
Department od Otolaryngology, Medical University of Bialystok, Bialystok, Poland
J Investig Med 55:248-54. 2007..The mean activity of alpha-MAN from the cholesteatoma cells was 1.76 +/- 1.10 nkat/g wet tissue and 0.61 +/- 0.21 nkat/g wet tissue in the control probes...
- Cloning, sequencing and expression of the gene encoding the carboxytransferase subunit of the biotin-dependent Na+ pump glutaconyl-CoA decarboxylase from Acidaminococcus fermentans in Escherichia coliK Bendrat
Laboratorium für Mikrobiologie, Philipps Universitat Marburg, Federal Republic of Germany
Eur J Biochem 211:697-702. 1993..Active GCDA subunit (up to 2.8 nkat/mg protein), catalysing the biotin-dependent formation of crotonyl-CoA from glutaconyl-CoA, was obtained in cell-..
- Kinetic characterization of Aspergillus niger N400 endopolygalacturonases I, II and CJ A Benen
Section Molecular Genetics of Industrial Microorganisms, Wageningen Agricultural University, The Netherlands
Eur J Biochem 259:577-85. 1999..1, were calculated as 13.8 mukat.mg-1, 36.5 mukat.mg-1 and 415 nkat.mg-1 for endopolygalacturonases I, II and C, respectively. K(m) values were < 0.15 mg.mL-1 for all three enzymes...
- A pseudo-beta-glucosidase in Arabidopsis thaliana: correction by site-directed mutagenesis, heterologous expression, purification, and characterizationY Turan
Balikesir University, Arts and Sciences Faculty, Department of Biology, Cagis Kampusu, Balikesir, Turkey
Biochemistry (Mosc) 73:912-9. 2008..9, 2.1, 0.78 mM and k(cat) values of 114, 106, 327 nkat/mg, respectively...
- Immunologic role of nitric oxide in acute rejection of golden hamster to rat liver xenotransplantationTong Jin Diao
Department of General Surgery and Hepatobiliary Surgery, Chinese PLA 401th Navy Hospital, Qingdao 266071, Shandong Province, China diao
World J Gastroenterol 8:746-51. 2002..To evaluate the immunologic role and expression significances of nitric oxide(NO), nitric oxide synthase(NOS),and its isoenzyme in acute rejection to liver xenografts from golden hamster in rat...
- Effect of temperature on soluble invertase activity, and glucose, fructose and sucrose status of onion bulbs (Allium cepa) in storeNoureddine Benkeblia
Department of Food and Nutrtion Sciences, Rakuno Gakuen University, Ebetsu, Hokkaido, Japan
Int J Food Sci Nutr 55:325-31. 2004..Invertase activity increased progressively after 8 weeks to 0.084 and 0.092 nkat/g fresh weight (FW), then sharply to 0.29 and 0...
- Purification and characterization of mevalonate kinase from suspension-cultured cells of Catharanthus roseus (L.) G. DonA E Schulte
Division of Pharmacognosy, Gorlaeus Laboratories, Leiden, 2300 RA, The Netherlands
Arch Biochem Biophys 378:287-98. 2000..13 mM and K(ib) = 0. 13 mM; the true V(max) was calculated to be 138.7 nkat/mg of protein. Product inhibition was only detectable at rather high concentrations: above 0...
- Expression of killer cell inhibitor receptors on immunocompetent cells with relation to graft-versus-host disease after hematopoietic stem cell transplantationLian Ning Duan
Department of Pathophysiology, The Sun Yat Sen University of Medical Sciences, Guangzhou, China
Zhongguo Shi Yan Xue Ye Xue Za Zhi 11:625-32. 2003..The expression rates of CD158a, CD158b and CD94 on T cells and NK cell were detected by flow cytometry and donor/recipient HLA-Cw was analyzed ..
- PhyA gene product of Aspergillus ficuum and Peniophora lycii produces dissimilar phytasesAbul H J Ullah
Southern Regional Research Center, ARS, USDA, New Orleans, LA 70124, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 303:463-8. 2003..At 58 degrees C and pH 5.0, the PL phytase gave a specific activity of 22,000 nKat/mg as opposed to about 3000 nKat/mg for AF phytase...
- Phytase activity in tobacco (Nicotiana tabacum) root exudates is exhibited by a purple acid phosphataseShiu Cheung Lung
School of Biological Sciences, The University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam, Hong Kong, China
Phytochemistry 69:365-73. 2008..phosphatase with phytase activity was purified 486-fold from tobacco root exudates to a specific activity of 6,028 nkat mg(-1) and an overall yield of 3%...
- Allelic polymorphism synergizes with variable gene content to individualize human KIR genotypeHeather G Shilling
Department of Structural Biology and Microbiology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
J Immunol 168:2307-15. 2002..haplotypes with similar or identical combinations of KIR genes, we devised methods for discriminating alleles of KIR2DL1, -2DL3, -3DL1, and -3DL2...
- KIR haplotype content at the allele level in 77 Northern Irish familiesD Middleton
Northern Ireland Regional Histocompatibility and Immunogenetics Laboratory, Belfast City Hospital, Belfast, BT9 7TS, Northern Ireland, UK
Immunogenetics 59:145-58. 2007..and 180 of 181 total A haplotypes, KIR3DL1, KIR2DS4 and KIR2DL3 were all present (we did not allele-type for KIR2DL1 and therefore could not determine presence/absence on those haplotypes)...
- Continuous production of lactulose by immobilized thermostable beta-glycosidase from Pyrococcus furiosusJ Mayer
University of Hohenheim, Institute for Food Science and Biotechnology, Department of Biotechnology, Garbenstr 25, 70599 Stuttgart, Germany
J Biotechnol 145:387-93. 2010..The immobilized biocatalysts demonstrated specific activities of 920 nkat g(-1) dry carrier and 1500 nkat g(-1) dry carrier at 75 degrees C with p-nitrophenyl-beta-D-galactopyranoside as ..
- Immunophenotype and TCR-Vbeta repertoire of peripheral blood T-cells in acute infectious mononucleosisMargarida Lima
Service of Clinical Haematology, Hospital Santo Antonio, Porto, Portugal
Blood Cells Mol Dis 30:1-12. 2003..CD45RO(+high), CD45RA(-/+low), CD11b(-/+low), CD11c(+/-low), CD16(-), CD56(-), CD57(-), CD62L(-), CD94(-), CD158a(-), CD161(-), NKB1(-)...
- Purification and properties of the formate dehydrogenase and characterization of the fdhA gene of Sulfurospirillum multivoransRoland P H Schmitz
Institut fur Mikrobiologie, FSU Jena, Philosophenweg 12, Lehrstuhl für Angewandte und Ökologische Mikrobiologie, 07743 Jena, Germany
Arch Microbiol 180:394-401. 2003..the oxidation of formate with oxidized methyl viologen as electron acceptor at a specific activity of 1683 nkat/mg protein...
- Homologous expression of the feruloyl esterase B gene from Aspergillus niger and characterization of the recombinant enzymeAnthony Levasseur
UMR 1163 INRA de Biotechnologie des Champignons Filamenteux, IFR BAIM, Universités de Provence et de la Méditerranée, ESIL, 163 Avenue de Luminy, Case Postale 925, 13288 Marseille Cedex 09, France
Protein Expr Purif 37:126-33. 2004..niger strain. Homologous overproduction allows to reach an esterase activity of 18 nkat mL(-1) against MCA as substrate...
- Autocrine expression of hepatocyte growth factor and its cytoprotective effect on hepatocyte poisoningYong He
Department of Hepatobiliary Surgery, Xijing Hospital, The Fourth Military Medical University, 127 ChangLe West Road, Xi an 710032, Shaanxi Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 10:2827-30. 2004....
- Physiological implications of trehalase from Phaseolus vulgaris root nodules: partial purification and characterizationNoel A Tejera García
Departamento de Fisiologia Vegetal, Facultad de Ciencias, Universidad de Granada, Campus de Fuentenueva s n, 18071 Granada, Spain
Plant Physiol Biochem 43:355-61. 2005..The enzyme has the optimum pH 3.9, Km of 0.109 mM, Vmax of 3630 nkat mg-1 protein and is relatively heat stable...
- [Gene KIR in match with HLA-Cw impacts on NK cell cytotoxicity]Yan Li Lai
Department of Hematology, The Third Hospital, Suzhou University, Changzhou First People Hospital Chuangzhou, Jiangsu Province, China
Zhongguo Shi Yan Xue Ye Xue Za Zhi 17:637-42. 2009..The KIR expression were detected by flow cytometry with antibodies against CD158a, CD158b...
- Localizing multiple X chromosome-linked retinitis pigmentosa loci using multilocus homogeneity testsJ Ott
Columbia University, Department of Genetics and Development, New York, NY
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 87:701-4. 1990..There is also good evidence for a third XLRP locus, midway between DXS28 (C7) and DXS164 (pERT87), supported by a likelihood ratio of 293:1 for three versus two XLRP loci...
- Preparative synthesis of GDP-beta-L-fucose by recombinant enzymes from enterobacterial sourcesC Albermann
Chemische Mikrobiologie, Bergische Universitat Wuppertal, Germany
Glycobiology 10:875-81. 2000..With the purified His-tag WcaG Km and Vmax values, respectively, of 40 microM and 23 nkat/mg protein for the substrate GDP-4-keto-6-deoxy-D-mannose and of 21 microM and 10 nkat/mg protein for the ..
- Chronic T-cell lymphoproliferative disease expressing natural killer cell receptors: clinicopathological and molecular featuresY L Kwong
Department of Medicine, Professorial Block, Queen Mary Hospital, Pokfulam Road, Hong Kong, China
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 129:168-72. 2001..lymphoproliferative disease expressing NKRs (CD2(+), CD3(+), CD4(+), CD5(+), CD7(+), CD8(-), CD56(-), CD94(+), CD158a(+), CD158b(+), CD161(-), p70(-), TCRalphabeta(1), TCRgammadelta(2), TIA-1(-))...
- CD56bright cells differ in their KIR repertoire and cytotoxic features from CD56dim NK cellsR Jacobs
Department of Clinical Immunology, Hannover Medical School, Hannover, Germany
Eur J Immunol 31:3121-7. 2001..contrast to CD56bright NK cells CD56dim cells express killer cell immunoglobulin (Ig)-like receptors (KIR) such as CD158a, CD158b, and NKB1. However, c-type lectin-like receptors (KLR) CD94/NKG2 and CD161 are present on both subsets...
- KIR2DL4 (CD158d), an NK cell-activating receptor with inhibitory potentialMathias Faure
Laboratory of Immunogenetics, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Rockville, MD 20852, USA
J Immunol 168:6208-14. 2002..cytoplasmic tail of KIR2DL4 bound the Src homology 2-containing phosphatases 1 and 2, as did the tail of the inhibitory receptor KIR2DL1. Therefore, KIR2DL4 has inhibitory potential in addition to its activating function.
- Identification and characterization of Clostridium paraputrificum, a chitinolytic bacterium of human digestive tractJ Simunek
Institute of Animal Physiology and Genetics, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, 104 00 Prague 10, Czechia
Folia Microbiol (Praha) 47:559-64. 2002..chitin, the endochitinase activity was detected after 1 d and gradually increased, reaching maximum after 3 d (251 nkat/L N-acetyl-D-glucosamine)...
- Selective reduction of natural killer cells and T cells expressing inhibitory receptors for MHC class I in the livers of patients with hepatic malignancySuzanne Norris
Education and Research Centre, St Vincent s University Hospital, Elm Park, Dublin, Ireland
Cancer Immunol Immunother 52:53-8. 2003..The expression of CD94 and the KIR isotypes CD158a, CD158b and KIR3DL1 by CD56(+) T cells and NK cells was significantly and consistently reduced in tumour-bearing ..
- Characterization of the corrinoid iron-sulfur protein tetrachloroethene reductive dehalogenase of Dehalobacter restrictusJulien Maillard
ENAC Laboratory for Environmental Biotechnology, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology EPFL CH 1015 Lausanne, The Netherlands
Appl Environ Microbiol 69:4628-38. 2003..of tetrachloroethene and trichloroethene to cis-1,2-dichloroethene with a specific activity of 250 +/- 12 nkat/mg of protein...
- Effects of low-calorie diet on steatohepatitis in rats with obesity and hyperlipidemiaJian Gao Fan
Department of Gastroenterology, Shanghai, First People s Hospital, Shanghai 200080, China
World J Gastroenterol 9:2045-9. 2003..To evaluate the effects of low calorie diet (LCD) on nonalcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH) in rats with obesity and hyperlipidemia...
- [Polymorphism of killer cell immunoglobulin-like receptors gene family in Zhejiang Han population]Fa ming Zhu
Blood Center of Zhejiang Province, Hangzhou 310006, China
Zhongguo Shi Yan Xue Ye Xue Za Zhi 13:1109-12. 2005..In conclusion, there are distinctive frequencies of KIR gene content, haplotype as well as genotype in Zhejiang Han population...
- Role of N-acetyl-beta-d-hexosaminidase in cholesteatoma tissueEwa Olszewska
Department of Otolaryngology, Medical University of Bialystok, Białystok, Poland
Acta Biochim Pol 54:365-70. 2007..Mean release of HEX from the activated cells was 68.55 +/- 30.77 nkat/g wet tissue in cholesteatoma and 31.79 +/- 10.02 nkat/g wet tissue in skin specimens...
- KIR2DS1-mediated activation overrides NKG2A-mediated inhibition in HLA-C C2-negative individualsBree Foley
Department of Clinical Immunology and Immunogenetics, PathWest Laboratory Medicine, Royal Perth Hospital, Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Int Immunol 20:555-63. 2008..Anti-CD158a (KIR2DS1) blocked lysis of targets confirming KIR2DS1 was responsible...
- Killer cell immunoglobulin-like receptor gene polymorphisms in patients with leukemia: possible association with susceptibility to the diseaseYan Zhang
Department of Blood Group Research, Shaan xi Province Blood Center, Xi an, Shaan Xi, China
Leuk Res 34:55-8. 2010..The genotypes of KIR2DL1, 2DL3, 3DL1, and 2DP1 were most prevalent genotypes whose rates were more than 95% in all patients and all ..
- Expression of endo-1, 4-beta-xylanase from Trichoderma reesei in Pichia pastoris and functional characterization of the produced enzymeJun He
Institute of Animal Nutrition, Sichuan Agricultural University, Ya an, Sichuan 625014, PR China
BMC Biotechnol 9:56. 2009..The yeast Pichia pastoris can neither utilize nor degrade xylan, but it possesses many attributes that render it an attractive host for the expression and production of industrial enzymes...
- Killer cell immunoglobulin-like receptors in HLA-B27-associated acute anterior uveitis, with and without axial spondyloarthropathyRalph D Levinson
Ocular Inflammatory Disease Center, Jules Stein Eye Institute, Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 51:1505-10. 2010..To determine associations between polymorphic genes that encode KIRs and their HLA class I ligands in patients with HLA-B27-associated acute anterior uveitis (AAU), with and without axial spondyloarthropathy (axial SpA)...
- B-lymphoma cells escape rituximab-triggered elimination by NK cells through increased HLA class I expressionAndrea Borgerding
Department of Haematology and Oncology, Georg August University of Gottingen, Gottingen, Germany
Exp Hematol 38:213-21. 2010..Resistance to this treatment occurs, although CD20 antigen is expressed on the tumor cells...
- Compound KIR-HLA genotype analyses in the Iranian population by a novel PCR-SSP assayN Tajik
Division of Transplant Immunology and Immunogenetics, Department of Immunology, Iran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Int J Immunogenet 37:159-68. 2010..In contrast, existence of activating KIR genes without normal endogenous ligands, potentially arms the NK population for competent immunosurveillance and stronger defense against infections...
- Influence of human cytomegalovirus infection on the NK cell receptor repertoire in childrenAdriana Monsiváis-Urenda
Department of Immunology, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad Autonoma de San Luis Potosi, San Luis Potosi, Mexico
Eur J Immunol 40:1418-27. 2010..pattern of different NKR including CD94/NKG2C, CD94/NKG2A, immunoglobulin-like transcript 2 (ILT2, CD85j), KIR2DL1/2DS1, KIR3DL1, and CD161 in peripheral blood lymphocytes from healthy children, seropositive (n=21) and ..
- Association of killer cell immunoglobulin-like receptor 2DL5 with systemic lupus erythematosus and accompanying infectionsYasutaka Kimoto
Department of Medicine and Biosystemic Science, Kyushu University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Fukuoka, Japan
Rheumatology (Oxford) 49:1346-53. 2010..Identification of the association of killer cell immunoglobulin-like receptor (KIR) genes with SLE and accompanying infections...
- Killer cell immunoglobulin-like receptor gene diversity in the Tibetan ethnic minority group of ChinaBo Feng Zhu
Key Laboratory of Environment and Gene Related to Diseases Xi an Jiaotong University, Ministry of Education, Xi an, Shaanxi, China
Hum Immunol 71:1116-23. 2010..In conclusion, the results of the present study can be valuable for enriching the Chinese ethnical gene information resources of the KIR gene pool and for anthological studies, as well as for KIR-related disease research...
- Diversity of killer cell immunoglobulin-like receptor genes in the Bai ethnic minority of Yunnan, ChinaB F Zhu
College of Life Sciences, Shaanxi Normal University, Xi an, China
Scand J Immunol 73:284-92. 2011..were typed positive for the three framework loci KIR3DL3, 2DL4 and 3DL2, as well as for three non-framework genes KIR2DL1, 2DL3 and the pseudogene KIR2DP1. The gene frequencies of the other KIR genes ranged from 7%-95%...
- Peroxidase activity in the sulfate-reducing bacterium Desulfotomaculum acetoxidans DSM 771Lucyna Pawłowska-Cwiek
Institute of Biology, Pedagogical University of Cracow, Krakow, Poland
Pol J Microbiol 59:249-55. 2010..4 and 2.3 nkat per ml sample respectively). The highest (0...
- Growth of Dehalococcoides mccartyi strain CBDB1 by reductive dehalogenation of brominated benzenes to benzeneAnke Wagner
Applied Biochemistry, Technische Universitat Berlin, Gustav Meyer Allee 25, 13355 Berlin, Germany
Environ Sci Technol 46:8960-8. 2012..Activities of 2.8-13.2 nkat per mg total cell protein (0.16-0...
- Identification and diversity of killer cell Ig-like receptors in Aotus vociferans, a New World monkeyDiego Garzón-Ospina
Molecular Biology and Immunology Department, Fundacion Instituto de Inmunologia de Colombia FIDIC, Bogota, Colombia School of Medicine and Health Sciences, Universidad del Rosario, Bogota, Colombia
PLoS ONE 8:e79731. 2013..frequent alternative splicing (as a likely mechanism generating activator receptors), the presence of KIR4DL and KIR2DL1 (D0+D1) molecules and other data reported here suggest that the KIR family in Aotus has had a rapid evolution, ..
- Influence of KIR genes and their HLA ligands in susceptibility to dengue in a population from southern BrazilL M Beltrame
Departamento de Ciências Básicas da Saúde, Universidade Estadual de Maringa, Laboratorio de Imunogenetica, Av Colombo 5790, Zona 07, CEP 87020 900, Maringa, PR, Brazil
Tissue Antigens 82:397-404. 2013..2% vs 29.7%, P = 0.01), KIR3DL1-Bw4 (80.7% vs 65.1%, P < 0.001), KIR2DL1-C2 (75.0% vs 62.2%, P = 0.03) and KIR2DS1-C2 (40.4% vs 25.6%, P = 0...
- Production of cellulosic ethanol and enzyme from waste fiber sludge using SSF, recycling of hydrolytic enzymes and yeast, and recombinant cellulase-producing Aspergillus nigerAdnan Cavka
Department of Chemistry, Umea University, 901 87, Umea, Sweden
J Ind Microbiol Biotechnol 41:1191-200. 2014..The cellulase activities obtained with spent hydrolysates of sulfate and sulfite fiber sludges were 2,700 and 2,900 nkat/mL, respectively...
- Characterization of a weakly expressed KIR2DL1 variant reveals a novel upstream promoter that controls KIR expressionP W Wright
Basic Science Program, Leidos Biomedical Research Inc, Lab of Experimental Immunology, Frederick National Lab, Frederick, MD, USA
Genes Immun 15:440-8. 2014..An individual with a single copy of the KIR2DL1 gene but a very low level of gene expression was identified...
- Production of manganese peroxidase and laccase in a solid-state bioreactor and modeling of enzyme production kineticsUlla Moilanen
Department of Biotechnology and Chemical Technology, School of Chemical Technology, Aalto University, PO Box 16100, 00076, Espoo, Finland
Bioprocess Biosyst Eng 38:57-68. 2015..High enzyme activity levels were obtained (MnP: 340 nkat g(-1) DM, laccase: 470 nkat g(-1) DM)...
- Decidual stromal cell-derived IL-33 contributes to Th2 bias and inhibits decidual NK cell cytotoxicity through NF-κB signaling in human early pregnancyWen Ting Hu
Laboratory for Reproductive Immunology, Hospital and Institute of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Shanghai Medical College, Fudan University, Shanghai 200011, China
J Reprod Immunol 109:52-65. 2015..expression of major activating receptors (NKp30, NKG2D) while up-regulating the levels of inhibitory receptor (KIR2DL1) on dNKs. The biological effect of DSC media on dNKs was abrogated by the administration of sST2...
- Killer cell immunoglobulin-like receptor (KIR) locus profiles in the Tunisian populationBani Meriem
Immunogenetic Applied to Cell Therapy Research Unit, Immunohematology and HLA typing Department, National Blood Transfusion Center of Tunis, Tunisia Electronic address
Hum Immunol 76:355-61. 2015..in the population with different frequencies; framework genes KIR3DP1 and KIR3DL2 and the nonframework genes KIR2DL1 and KIR2DP1 were present in all individuals...
- Immune checkpoint inhibitors enhance cytotoxicity of cytokine-induced killer cells against human myeloid leukaemic blastsSu Li Poh
Department of Haematology, Singapore General Hospital, Level 3, Academia, 20, College Road, Singapore, 169856, Singapore
Cancer Immunol Immunother 65:525-36. 2016..protein 4 (CTLA-4), programmed death-1 (PD-1) and killer cell immunoglobulin-like receptors (KIR2DL1/2/3) were expressed at low level in most cultures...
- Identification of the novel KIR2DL1*033 allele from a southern Chinese Han individual by sequencing-based typingG B Zhang
Immunogenetics Laboratory, Shenzhen Blood Center, Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
HLA . 2017The novel KIR2DL1*033 allele differs from the closest allele 2DL1*00302 by a single nonsynonymous mutation.
- Multiple receptors for HLA-G on human natural killer cellsO Mandelboim
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 94:14666-70. 1997..from 5 donors by blocking the inhibition using monoclonal antibodies against the known NK inhibitory receptors: CD158a, CD158b, and CD94...
- Human leukocyte antigen-DR alleles influence the clinical course of pulmonary sarcoidosis in Asian IndiansSurendra K Sharma
Department of Medicine, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi 110 029, India
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 29:225-31. 2003..revealed an increased frequency of group 2 ligands (Cw2, Cw4, Cw5) for the Killer cell Ig-like receptors (KIR2DL1) in the patient group as compared with control subjects...
- Highly efficient production of laccase by the basidiomycete Pycnoporus cinnabarinusAlexandra M C R Alves
Groningen Biomolecular Sciences and Biotechnology Institute GBB, University of Groningen, Haren, The Netherlands
Appl Environ Microbiol 70:6379-84. 2004..SC3-driven expression resulted in a maximal laccase activity of 107 nkat ml(-1) in liquid shaken cultures. This value was about 1.4 and 1...
- Discrimination between the main activating and inhibitory killer cell immunoglobulin-like receptor positive natural killer cell subsets using newly characterized monoclonal antibodiesGaelle David
Etablissement Français du Sang, Universite de Nantes, Immunovirologie et Polymorphisme génétique, EA4271 Nantes, F 44000 France
Immunology 128:172-84. 2009..When used in combination with EB6 (KIR2DL1/2DS1) or GL183 (KIR2DL2/2DL3/2DS2), two KIR-specific monoclonal antibodies (mAbs), 8C11 (specific for KIR2DL1/..
- [Effects of killer immunoglobulin-like receptor and human leukocyte antigen class I ligand on the prognosis of related donor hematopoietic stem cell transplantation]Hua Wang
State Key Laboratory of Experimental Hematology, Institute of Hematology and Blood Diseases Hospital, CAMS and PUMC, Tianjin 300020, China
Zhongguo Yi Xue Ke Xue Yuan Xue Bao 31:533-7. 2009..To study the genotype distribution and the effects of killer immunoglobulin-like receptors (KIR) and human leukocyte antigen (HLA) class I ligand on related donor hematopoietic stem cell transplantation (HSCT)...
- [Roles of NKG2D in cytokine-induced killer (CIK) against hematological malignant cells lines]Jin Yuan He
Department of Hematology, Changzhou Mumicipal People s Hospital, Changzhou 213003, Jiangsu Province, China
Zhongguo Shi Yan Xue Ye Xue Za Zhi 21:1380-4. 2013..001;P = 0.033). About 86% CIK cells expressed NKG2D receptor but no other NK receptors such as CD158a, CD158b and NCR...
- Consolidated bioprocessing of starchy substrates into ethanol by industrial Saccharomyces cerevisiae strains secreting fungal amylasesLorenzo Favaro
Department of Agronomy Food Natural Resources Animals and Environment DAFNAE, Universita di Padova, Agripolis, Viale dell Universita 16, 35020, Legnaro PD, Italy
Biotechnol Bioeng 112:1751-60. 2015..and MEL2[TLG1-SFA1] yeast displayed high enzyme activities on soluble and raw starch (up to 8118 and 4461 nkat/g dry cell weight, respectively) and produced about 64 g/L ethanol from 200 g/L raw corn starch in a bioreactor,..
- NK Cell Proliferation Induced by IL-15 Transpresentation Is Negatively Regulated by Inhibitory ReceptorsOlga M Antón
Laboratory of Immunogenetics, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Rockville, MD 20852 and
J Immunol 195:4810-21. 2015..Human cells expressing HLA class I ligands for inhibitory receptors KIR2DL1, KIR2DL2/3, or CD94-NKG2A were transfected with IL-15Rα...
- The Size of Activating and Inhibitory Killer Ig-like Receptor Nanoclusters Is Controlled by the Transmembrane Sequence and Affects SignalingAnna Oszmiana
Manchester Collaborative Centre for Inflammation Research, University of Manchester, 46 Grafton Street, Manchester M13 9NT, UK
Cell Rep 15:1957-72. 2016..we used super-resolution microscopy to compare the surface organization of paired killer Ig-like receptors (KIR), KIR2DL1 and KIR2DS1, on human primary natural killer cells and cell lines...
- A non-syndromal form of X-linked mental retardation (XLMR) is linked to DXS14G K Suthers
Department of Histopathology, Adelaide Children s Hospital, South Australia
Am J Med Genet 30:485-91. 1988..1) located at Xp11-cen (Z (max.) = 2.12 at theta = 0.00). Recombination was observed between the MRX1 gene and the markers DXS7 and DXYS1 which flank DXS14. This form of XLMR maps to the centromeric portion of the X-chromosome...
- Role of amino acid position 70 in the binding affinity of p50.1 and p58.1 receptors for HLA-Cw4 moleculesR Biassoni
Istituto Nazionale per la Ricerca sul Cancro and Centro Biotecnologie Avanzate, Genova, Italy
Eur J Immunol 27:3095-9. 1997..1/p50.1 affinity for their HLA-C ligand and suggests a possible role of position 70 as a contact site in the natural killer cell receptor/major histocompatibility complex class I interaction...
- Human natural killer cells with polyclonal lectin and immunoglobulinlike receptors develop from single hematopoietic stem cells with preferential expression of NKG2A and KIR2DL2/L3/S2J S Miller
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology, Oncology and Transplantation, University of Minnesota Cancer Center, Harvard Street at East River Road, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Blood 98:705-13. 2001..KIR2DL2/L3/S2 was expressed more than KIR2DL1/S1 or KIR3DL1, and NKG2A was the dominant CD94 receptor, independent of whether the stem cell source contained ..
- Effects of enteric bacterial and cyanobacterial lipopolysaccharides, and of microcystin-LR, on glutathione S-transferase activities in zebra fish (Danio rerio)J H Best
Division of Applied and Environmental Biology, School of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, DD1 4HN, Dundee, UK
Aquat Toxicol 60:223-31. 2002..50 to between 0.06 and 0.32 nanokatals per milligram (nkat mg(-1)) protein). sGST activity in vivo was significantly reduced (from 1.05 to between 0.19 and 0...
- Study of the inhibition of alpha-amylase by the benzo[c]phenanthridine alkaloids sanguinarine and chelerythrineLudmila Zajoncova
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Science, Palacky University, Slechtitelu 11, 783 71, Olomouc, Czech Republic
J Enzyme Inhib Med Chem 20:261-7. 2005..250 microM sanguinarine and 250 microM chelerythrine cause complete inhibition of 1.9 nkat alpha-amylase from porcine pancreas. The same concentration of sanguinarine and chelerythrine caused 23.9% and 7...
- Increased activating killer immunoglobulin-like receptor genes and decreased specific HLA-C alleles in couples with recurrent spontaneous abortionShan Wang
Research Center for Reproductive Medicine, Shandong Provincial Hospital of Shandong University, Jinan 250021, China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 360:696-701. 2007..the women with a KIR2DS1 gene, and with a decreased group 2 HLA-C allele for the homologous inhibitory receptor KIR2DL1, had a tendency to fall into the RSA group (P =0.004)...
- MICHAEL GORDON HARRINGTON; Fiscal Year: 2015..Our theory predicts that BCEC NKAT activity above an upper limit elevates [Na+], increasing neuronal excitability that causes the headache and extreme ..
- Influence of Lactation on Postpartum Stress and ImmunityMAUREEN EDITH GROER; Fiscal Year: 2010..The immunology and endocrinology of the postpartum provides a lens through which to study autoimmune disease, as the postpartum is a critical period for development or exacerbation of many autoimmune diseases. ..