Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: KDM6A
Description: lysine demethylase 6A
Alias: KABUK2, UTX, bA386N14.2, lysine-specific demethylase 6A, bA386N14.2 (ubiquitously transcribed X chromosome tetratricopeptide repeat protein (UTX)), histone demethylase UTX, lysine (K)-specific demethylase 6A, ubiquitously transcribed tetratricopeptide repeat protein X-linked, ubiquitously-transcribed TPR gene on the X chromosome
Publications134 found, 100 shown here
- UTX and JMJD3 are histone H3K27 demethylases involved in HOX gene regulation and developmentKarl Agger
Biotech Research and Innovation Centre BRIC, University of Copenhagen, Ole Maaløes Vej 5, 2200 Copenhagen, Denmark
Nature 449:731-4. 2007..Here we show that the human JmjC-domain-containing proteins UTX and JMJD3 demethylate tri-methylated Lys 27 on histone H3...
- Demethylation of H3K27 regulates polycomb recruitment and H2A ubiquitinationMin Gyu Lee
Wistar Institute, 3601 Spruce Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Science 318:447-50. 2007..Here we show that human UTX, a member of the Jumonji C family of proteins, is a di- and trimethyl H3K27 demethylase...
- A histone H3 lysine 27 demethylase regulates animal posterior developmentFei Lan
Department of Pathology, Harvard Medical School, 77 Avenue Louis Pasteur, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Nature 449:689-94. 2007..Here we show that the JmjC-domain-containing related proteins UTX and JMJD3 catalyse demethylation of H3K27me3/2...
- Identification of JmjC domain-containing UTX and JMJD3 as histone H3 lysine 27 demethylasesSunHwa Hong
Nuclear Receptor Biology Section, Clinical Endocrinology Branch, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:18439-44. 2007..Here we show the JmjC domain-containing protein UTX (ubiquitously transcribed tetratricopeptide repeat, X chromosome), as well as the related JMJD3 (jumonji domain ..
- Somatic mutations of the histone H3K27 demethylase gene UTX in human cancerGijs van Haaften
Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Hinxton, UK
Nat Genet 41:521-3. 2009..Here, we describe inactivating somatic mutations in the histone lysine demethylase gene UTX, pointing to histone H3 lysine methylation deregulation in multiple tumor types...
- Systematic sequencing of renal carcinoma reveals inactivation of histone modifying genesGillian L Dalgliesh
Cancer Genome Project, Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Hinxton CB10 1SA, UK
Nature 463:360-3. 2010..known as KDM5C), a histone H3 lysine 4 demethylase-as well as mutations in the histone H3 lysine 27 demethylase, UTX (KMD6A), that we recently reported...
- Structural basis for histone H3 Lys 27 demethylation by UTX/KDM6AToru Sengoku
RIKEN Systems and Structural Biology Center, Tsurumi, Yokohama, Japan
Genes Dev 25:2266-77. 2011..Here we report the crystal structures of the catalytic fragment of UTX/KDM6A, an H3K27me3/2-specific demethylase, in the free and H3 peptide-bound forms...
- UTX, a histone H3-lysine 27 demethylase, acts as a critical switch to activate the cardiac developmental programSeunghee Lee
Pediatric Neuroscience Research Program, Papé Family Pediatric Research Institute, Department of Pediatrics, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Dev Cell 22:25-37. 2012..Here we show that UTX, a H3K27 demethylase, acts as a critical switch to promote a cardiac-specific gene program...
- The H3K27 demethylase Utx regulates somatic and germ cell epigenetic reprogrammingAbed Alfatah Mansour
The Department of Molecular Genetics, Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot 76100, Israel
Nature 488:409-13. 2012..Here we show in mice and humans that the histone H3 methylated Lys 27 (H3K27) demethylase Utx (also known as Kdm6a) regulates the efficient induction, rather than maintenance, of pluripotency...
- Retinoic acid dependent histone 3 demethylation of the clustered HOX genes during neural differentiation of human embryonic stem cellsMaryam Shahhoseini
Department of Genetics at Reproductive Biomedicine Research Center, Royan Institute for Reproductive Biomedicine, ACECR, P O Box 19395 4644, Tehran, Iran
Biochem Cell Biol 91:116-22. 2013..decrease in methylation of histone H3K27 parallel to an absolute preferential incorporation of the demethylase UTX rather than JMJD3 in RA-induced neural differentiated cells...
- The UTX gene escapes X inactivation in mice and humansA Greenfield
Centre for Molecular and Cellular Biology and Department of Anatomical Sciences, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, QLD 4072, Australia
Hum Mol Genet 7:737-42. 1998..Here we report the characterization of a widely transcribed X-linked homologue of Uty , called Utx , which maps to the proximal region of the mouse X chromosome and which detects a human X-linked homologue at Xp11...
- Knockdown of ALR (MLL2) reveals ALR target genes and leads to alterations in cell adhesion and growthIrina Issaeva
Department of Molecular Cell Biology, Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot 76100, Israel
Mol Cell Biol 27:1889-903. 2007..shared with other SET1 family complexes and several unique components, such as PTIP and the jumonji family member UTX. Like other complexes formed by SET1 family members, the ALR complex exhibited strong H3K4 methyltransferase ..
- Mutations of polycomb-associated gene ASXL1 in myelodysplastic syndromes and chronic myelomonocytic leukaemiaVéronique Gelsi-Boyer
Centre de Recherche en Cancerologie de Marseille, Département d Oncologie Moléculaire, UMR891 Inserm, Institut Paoli Calmettes, France
Br J Haematol 145:788-800. 2009..g. ASXL1, ASXL2, UTX, CXXC4, CXXC5, TET2, TET3). To validate some of these candidates we studied the sequence of ASXL1...
- The potential role of epigenetic therapy in multiple myelomaEmma M Smith
Institute of Cancer Research, Sutton, Surrey, UK
Br J Haematol 148:702-13. 2010..to the overexpression of a histone methylatransferase (MMSET) and inactivating mutations of a histone demethylase (UTX), suggesting that the regulation of histone methylation is a potential therapeutic target...
- Genetic heterogeneity and chromatin modifiers in renal clear cell carcinomaPeter Staller
Biotech Research and Innovation Centre, University of Copenhagen, Ole Maaløes Vej 5, DK 2200 Copenhagen N, Denmark
Future Oncol 6:897-900. 2010..One of these, UTX, has recently been implicated in the control of cell proliferation...
- UTX and UTY demonstrate histone demethylase-independent function in mouse embryonic developmentKarl B Shpargel
Department of Genetics, Carolina Center for Genome Sciences, and Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, United States of America
PLoS Genet 8:e1002964. 2012UTX (KDM6A) and UTY are homologous X and Y chromosome members of the Histone H3 Lysine 27 (H3K27) demethylase gene family...
- Cross-species functional genomic analysis identifies resistance genes of the histone deacetylase inhibitor valproic acidRakel Brendsdal Forthun
Institute of Medicine, Hematology Section, University of Bergen, Bergen, Norway
PLoS ONE 7:e48992. 2012..One sensitizer identified as a conserved determinant of therapeutic success of HDACi was UTX (KDM6A), which demonstrates a functional relationship between protein acetylation and lysine-specific methylation...
- Ezh1 and Ezh2 differentially regulate PSD-95 gene transcription in developing hippocampal neuronsBerta Henriquez
Center for Biomedical Research, Universidad Andres Bello, Avenida Republica 239, Santiago, Chile Faculty of Biological Sciences and Faculty of Medicine, Universidad Andres Bello, Avenida Republica 239, Santiago, Chile
Mol Cell Neurosci 57:130-43. 2013..to the antagonizing effects of the H3S28P and H3K27Ac marks and the activity of the H3K27 demethylases JMJD3 and UTX. In contrast, increased PSD-95 gene transcription is accompanied by the presence of Ezh1 and elongation-engaged RNA ..
- Interleukin-4-mediated 15-lipoxygenase-1 trans-activation requires UTX recruitment and H3K27me3 demethylation at the promoter in A549 cellsHongya Han
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology, Karolinska University Hospital Solna and Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
PLoS ONE 9:e85085. 2014..we found that the H3K27me2/3-specific demethylase, ubiquitously transcribed tetratricopeptide repeat, X chromosome (UTX), mediates the H3K27me3 demethylation during ALOX15 transcriptional activation...
- Uterine transplantation in primates: a mini-review of the literatureI Kisu
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, School of Medicine, Keio University, Tokyo, Japan
Transplant Proc 46:1212-6. 2014..Uterus transplantation (UTx) is now a possible approach for women with uterine-factor infertility to deliver a child...
- Uterus transplantation trial: 1-year outcomeLiza Johannesson
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Sahlgrenska Academy at University of Gothenburg, Goteborg, Sweden
Fertil Steril 103:199-204. 2015To report the 12-month outcome of seven patients with viable uteri after uterus transplantation (UTx).
- Inhibition of H3K27me3-specific histone demethylases JMJD3 and UTX blocks reactivation of herpes simplex virus 1 in trigeminal ganglion neuronsHarald G P Messer
Department of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, Florida, USA
J Virol 89:3417-20. 2015..Here we demonstrate that GSK-J4, a specific inhibitor of the H3K27me3 histone demethylases UTX and JMJD3, inhibits HSV-1 reactivation from sensory neurons in vitro...
- The roles of chromatin-remodelers and epigenetic modifiers in kidney cancerLili Liao
Department of Pathology, Anatomy and Cell Biology, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA
Cancer Genet 208:206-14. 2015..JARID1C and UTX, two histone H3 demethylases, were also found to harbor mutations in ccRCC, albeit at lower rates...
- Genome-wide activities of Polycomb complexes control pervasive transcriptionHun Goo Lee
Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, Rutgers University, Piscataway, New Jersey 08854, USA
Genome Res 25:1170-81. 2015..regions and is governed by opposing roaming activities of PRC2 and complexes containing the H3K27 demethylase UTX. Surprisingly, loss of H3K27me2 results in global transcriptional derepression proportionally greatest in silent or ..
- Genome-wide association between Six4, MyoD, and the histone demethylase Utx during myogenesisImane Chakroun
Ottawa Institute of Systems Biology, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada and Department of Biochemistry, Microbiology, and Immunology and Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
FASEB J 29:4738-55. 2015..adult myoblasts, the cooperation between Six4 and MyoD is associated with chromatin repressive mark removal by Utx, a demethylase of histone H3 trimethylated at lysine 27...
- Loss of BAF (mSWI/SNF) Complexes Causes Global Transcriptional and Chromatin State Changes in Forebrain DevelopmentRamanathan Narayanan
Institute of Neuroanatomy, University Medical Center, Georg August University Goettingen, 37075 Goettingen, Germany
Cell Rep 13:1842-54. 2015..We demonstrate that BAF complexes interact with H3K27 demethylases (JMJD3 and UTX) and potentiate their activity...
- Pleiotropic Functions of H3K27Me3 Demethylases in Immune Cell DifferentiationRemy Bosselut
Laboratory of Immune Cell Biology, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA Electronic address
Trends Immunol 37:102-13. 2016..Whereas H3K27Me3 was thought to be stable and not catalytically reversible, the discovery of the Utx and Jmjd3 demethylases changed this notion, raising new questions on the role of these enzymes in gene expression ..
- Epigenetic Dysfunction in Turner Syndrome Immune CellsBradly J Thrasher
Department of Pediatrics, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC, USA
Curr Allergy Asthma Rep 16:36. 2016..Recently, ubiquitously transcribed tetratricopeptide repeat on the X chromosome (UTX), a histone H3 lysine 27 (H3K27) demethylase, has been identified as a downregulated gene in TS immune cells...
- [PRODUCT OF THE BMI1--A KEY COMPONENT OF POLYCOMB--POSITIVELY REGULATES ADIPOCYTE DIFFERENTIATION OF MOUSE MESENCHYMAL STEM CELLS]N S Petrov
Tsitologiia 58:83-90. 2016..associated with an increase in the expression levels of BMI1, the genes of pRb family (RB, p130) and demethylase UTX, but not methyltransferase EZH2, whose products regulate the methylation levels of H3K27...
- The Maternal Effect Genes UTX and JMJD3 Play Contrasting Roles in Mus musculus Preimplantation Embryo DevelopmentLei Yang
The Key Laboratory of the National Education Ministry for Mammalian Reproductive Biology and Biotechnology, Inner Mongolia University, Hohhot, People s Republic of China
Sci Rep 6:26711. 2016..We also determined that H3K27me3-specific demethylases, UTX and JMJD3, were observed at high transcript and protein levels in mouse preimplantation embryos...
- The Roles of Histone Demethylase UTX and JMJD3 (KDM6B) In Cancers: Current Progress and Future PerspectivesZhan Gang Xiao
Rm 521A, School of Biomedical Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, N T, Hong Kong, China
Curr Med Chem . 2016..Histone H3 lysine 27 trimethylation (H3K27me3) exerts a repressive epigenetic mark on a large number of genes. UTX and JMJD3 are the only two histone demethylases which activate gene expression via demethylating H3K27me3 to ..
- Increasing Notch signaling antagonizes PRC2-mediated silencing to promote reprograming of germ cells into neuronsStefanie Seelk
Berlin Institute for Medical Systems Biology, Max Delbruck Center for Molecular Medicine, Berlin, Germany
elife 5:. 2016..specific genes, silenced by the Polycomb repressive complex 2 (PRC2), and identify the conserved histone demethylase UTX-1 as a crucial GLP-1/Notch target facilitating reprograming...
- UTX-1 regulates Tat-induced HIV-1 transactivation via changing the methylated status of histone H3Hong Sheng Zhang
College of Life Science and Bioengineering, Beijing University of Technology, Pingleyuan 100, District of Chaoyang, Beijing 100124, China Electronic address
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 80:51-56. 2016..The removal of histone H3 lysine27 (H3K27) trimethylation mark by UTX-1 is important for the robust induction of many specific genes during Tat-mediated HIV-1 transactvation...
- The histone demethylase UTX regulates the lineage-specific epigenetic program of invariant natural killer T cellsSemir Beyaz
Division of Hematology Oncology, Boston Children s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Nat Immunol . 2016..Here we found that the H3K27me3 histone demethylase UTX was an essential cell-intrinsic factor that controlled an iNKT-cell lineage-specific gene-expression ..
- The Drosophila ortholog of MLL3 and MLL4, trithorax related, functions as a negative regulator of tissue growthHiroshi Kanda
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of California, Berkeley, Berkeley, California, USA
Mol Cell Biol 33:1702-10. 2013..The trr mutant phenotype resembles that of Utx, which encodes a H3K27 demethylase, consistent with the observation that Trr and Utx are found in the same protein ..
- MLL2 and KDM6A mutations in patients with Kabuki syndromeNoriko Miyake
Department of Human Genetics, Yokohama City University Graduate School of Medicine, Yokohama, Japan
Am J Med Genet A 161:2234-43. 2013..Mutations in MLL2 and KDM6A cause Kabuki syndrome...
- Molecular pathways: deregulation of histone h3 lysine 27 methylation in cancer-different paths, same destinationTeresa Ezponda
Division of Hematology Oncology, Robert H Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois
Clin Cancer Res 20:5001-8. 2014..complex PRC2 and accessory proteins, and deletions and inactivating mutations of the H3K27 demethylase UTX in a wide variety of neoplasms...
- MLL3 and MLL4 Methyltransferases Bind to the MAFA and MAFB Transcription Factors to Regulate Islet β-Cell FunctionDavid W Scoville
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN
Diabetes 64:3772-83. 2015..We propose that MLL3 and MLL4 are broadly required for controlling MAFA and MAFB transactivation during development and postnatally. ..
- JMJD3 as an epigenetic regulator in development and diseaseJana S Burchfield
Center for Inflammation and Epigenetics, Houston Methodist Research Institute, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 67:148-57. 2015..containing-3 (Jmjd3, KDM6B) and ubiquitously transcribed X-chromosome tetratricopeptide repeat protein (UTX, KDM6A) have been identified as H3K27 demethylases that catalyze the demethylation of H3K27me2/3...
- An essential role for UTX in resolution and activation of bivalent promotersShilpa s Dhar
Department of Molecular and Cellular Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 44:3659-74. 2016..Here, we show that the H3K27 demethylase UTX (also called KDM6A) is required for the resolution and activation of numerous retinoic acid (RA)-inducible bivalent genes during the ..
- Psychological Issues Associated With Absolute Uterine Factor Infertility and Attitudes of Patients Toward Uterine TransplantationSrdjan Saso
Division of Surgery and Cancer, Institute of Reproductive and Developmental Biology, Imperial College London, London, United Kingdom
Prog Transplant 26:28-39. 2016Uterine transplantation (UTx).
- Increased expression of the histone H3 lysine 4 methyltransferase MLL4 and the histone H3 lysine 27 demethylase UTX prolonging the overall survival of patients with glioblastoma and a methylated MGMT promoterJinho Kim
Department of Neurosurgery, Division of NeuroOncology, and
J Neurosurg . 2016..leukemia 4 [MLL4]) and H3K27 demethylase (ubiquitously transcribed tetratricopeptide repeat gene on X chromosome [UTX]) in progression-free survival (PFS) and overall survival (OS) of patients with glioblastoma (GBM) who were treated ..
- MLL3/MLL4/COMPASS Family on Epigenetic Regulation of Enhancer Function and CancerChristie C Sze
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics and Robert H Lurie NCI Comprehensive Cancer Center, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois 60611
Cold Spring Harb Perspect Med 6:. 2016..members of the COMPASS family of histone H3 lysine 4 (H3K4) methyltransferases, and their complex-specific subunit UTX, a histone H3 lysine 27 (H3K27) demethylase...
- Histone demethylase UTX counteracts glucocorticoid deregulation of osteogenesis by modulating histone-dependent and -independent pathwaysFeng Sheng Wang
Department of Medical Research, Kaohsiung Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, 123, Ta Pei Road, Niao Sung District, Kaohsiung, 83303, Taiwan
J Mol Med (Berl) . 2017..This study was undertaken to delineate the actions of histone lysine demethylase 6a (UTX) with regard to the glucocorticoid impediment of osteogenic differentiation...
- Genome-wide profiling reveals stimulus-specific functions of p53 during differentiation and DNA damage of human embryonic stem cellsKadir C Akdemir
Program in Genes and Development, UT Graduate School in Biomedical Sciences at Houston, Center for Stem Cell and Development Biology, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA, Division of Biomedical Informatics, Department of Pediatrics, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA and Dan L Duncan Cancer Center, Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 42:205-23. 2014..Activation of these genes occurs with recruitment of p53 and H3K27me3-specific demethylases, UTX and JMJD3, to chromatin...
- Fast and non-invasive PCR sexing of primates: apes, Old World monkeys, New World monkeys and StrepsirrhinesPalle Villesen
Bioinformatics Research Center BiRC, University of Aarhus, H, Guldbergsgade 10, Building 1090, DK 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
BMC Ecol 6:8. 2006..Hence, it is highly desirable to develop markers that simultaneously detect Y- and X-chromosome specific sequences and also work across many species...
- Sex-specific differences in expression of histone demethylases Utx and Uty in mouse brain and neuronsJun Xu
Department of Pathology and Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
J Neurosci 28:4521-7. 2008..b>Utx (ubiquitously transcribed tetratricopeptide repeat gene on X chromosome) is an escapee gene that encodes a ..
- Identification of the chromatin regions coated by non-coding Xist RNAK Murakami
Department of Biomedical Science, Regenerative Medicine and Biofunction, Graduate School of Medical Science, Tottori University, Yonago, Japan
Cytogenet Genome Res 125:19-25. 2009..In mouse cells, Xist RNA was detected on the Uba1 gene, but not on Jarid1c and Utx genes, which escape from XCI...
- Histone demethylase UTX-1 regulates C. elegans life span by targeting the insulin/IGF-1 signaling pathwayChunyu Jin
Chinese Academy of Sciences Key Laboratory of Computational Biology, Chinese Academy of Sciences Max Planck Partner Institute for Computational Biology, China
Cell Metab 14:161-72. 2011..and loss of H3K27me3 on IIS components are due, at least in part, to increased activity of the H3K27 demethylase UTX-1 during aging. RNAi of the utx-1 gene extended the mean life span of C...
- KSHV PAN RNA associates with demethylases UTX and JMJD3 to activate lytic replication through a physical interaction with the virus genomeCyprian C Rossetto
The Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine, Reno, Nevada, United States of America
PLoS Pathog 8:e1002680. 2012..RNA chromatin immunoprecipitation assays show that PAN RNA interacts with demethylases JMJD3 and UTX, and the histone methyltransferase MLL2...
- Copy number analysis of 413 isolated talipes equinovarus patients suggests role for transcriptional regulators of early limb developmentDavid M Alvarado
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO, USA
Eur J Hum Genet 21:373-80. 2013..and contain the developmentally expressed transcription factors and transcriptional regulators PITX1, TBX4, HOXC13, UTX, CHD (chromodomain protein)1, and RIPPLY2...
- Aberrant patterns of H3K4 and H3K27 histone lysine methylation occur across subgroups in medulloblastomaAdrian M Dubuc
Division of Neurosurgery, Arthur and Sonia Labatt Brain Tumour Research Centre, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, ON, Canada
Acta Neuropathol 125:373-84. 2013..Notably, we also report mutations affecting the MLL2-binding partner KDM6A, in 4 % (7/175) of tumors...
- Histone lysine demethylases in breast cancerElisa Paolicchi
Transgenic Oncogenesis and Genomics Section, Laboratory of Cancer Biology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute NIH, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Crit Rev Oncol Hematol 86:97-103. 2013..005 and response to docetaxel p=0.005); conversely, KDM6A is overexpressed in BC patients with an unfavorable prognosis (mortality at 1 year, p=8.65E-7)...
- Boron tracedrug design for neutron dynamic therapeutics for LDLHitoshi Hori
Department of Life System, Institute of Technology and Science, Graduate School, The University of Tokushima, Minamijosanjimacho 2, Tokushima, 770 8506, Japan
Adv Exp Med Biol 789:385-9. 2013..Thus, we examined, among our developed boron tracedrugs, a boron-containing curcuminoid derivative UTX-51, to destroy freshly isolated human LDL dynamically under irradiated thermal neutron to obtain a decreased ..
- Administration of oral charcoal adsorbent (AST-120) suppresses low-turnover bone progression in uraemic ratsYoshiko Iwasaki
Department of Health Sciences, Oiya University of Nursing and Health Sciences, Oita 870 1201, Japan
Nephrol Dial Transplant 21:2768-74. 2006..that bone formation decreased depending on the degree of renal dysfunction, and hypothesized that uraemic toxins (UTx) are associated with the development of low-turnover bone development, complicating renal failure...
- Mammalian male mutation bias: impacts of generation time and regional variation in substitution ratesM Paula Goetting-Minesky
Department of Biology, Center for Comparative Genomics and Bioinformatics, 518A Mueller Lab, Penn State University, University Park, PA 16803, USA
J Mol Evol 63:537-44. 2006..Here we sequenced and analyzed five introns of three genes (DBX/DBY, UTX/UTY, and ZFX/ZFY) homologous between X and Y chromosomes in several species of perissodactyls (horses and rhinos) ..
- The ethics of uterus transplantationRuby Catsanos
Department of Philosophy, Macquarie University, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Bioethics 27:65-73. 2013Human uterus transplantation (UTx) is currently under investigation as a treatment for uterine infertility...
- Does the incidence of unexpected malignancy in 'benign' rectal neoplasms undergoing trans-anal endoscopic microsurgery vary according to lesion morphology?I Dash
Cheltenham General Hospital GHNHSFT, Cheltenham, UK
Colorectal Dis 15:183-6. 2013..This study examines the relationship between lesion morphology and accurate benign preoperative classification of rectal lesions undergoing TEMS...
- Absence of deletion and duplication of MLL2 and KDM6A genes in a large cohort of patients with Kabuki syndromeManuela Priolo
Unita Operativa di Genetica Medica, Azienda Ospedaliera Bianchi Melacrino Morelli, Reggio Calabria, Italy
Mol Genet Metab 107:627-9. 2012..syndrome is a rare, multiple congenital anomaly/mental retardation syndrome caused by MLL2 point mutations and KDM6A microdeletions...
- Histone H3K27me3 demethylases KDM6A and KDM6B modulate definitive endoderm differentiation from human ESCs by regulating WNT signaling pathwayWei Jiang
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Chevy Chase, Maryland 20815 6789, USA
Cell Res 23:122-30. 2013..Here, we show that the H3K27me3 demethylases KDM6A and KDM6B play an important role in endoderm differentiation from human ESCs...
- Expression and significance of histone H3K27 demethylases in renal cell carcinomaYongqing Shen
Laboratory of Iron Metabolism and Molecular Biology, College of Life Science, Hebei Normal University, Shijiazhuang 050016, China
BMC Cancer 12:470. 2012The histone H3K27 demethylases UTX and JMJD3 are important regulatory factors that modulate gene expression by altering the physical state of chromatin...
- Targeting of NF-kappaB signaling pathway, other signaling pathways and epigenetics in therapy of multiple myelomaOta Fuchs
Institute of Hematology and Blood Transfusion, Prague 2, Czech Republic
Cardiovasc Hematol Disord Drug Targets 13:16-34. 2013..of MM genomes revealed also mutations in genes for histone methyltransferases (HMTases), histone demethylase (UTX) and serine/threonine protein kinase BRAF...
- Aberrant promoter hypermethylation of PBRM1, BAP1, SETD2, KDM6A and other chromatin-modifying genes is absent or rare in clear cell RCCIlsiya Ibragimova
Cancer Epigenetics Program and Kidney Keystone Program, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Epigenetics 8:486-93. 2013..renal cell carcinoma (ccRCC) have identified inactivating point mutations in the chromatin-modifying genes PBRM1, KDM6A/UTX, KDM5C/JARID1C, SETD2, MLL2 and BAP1...
- Deletion of KDM6A, a histone demethylase interacting with MLL2, in three patients with Kabuki syndromeDamien Lederer
Centre de Genetique Humaine, Institut de Pathologie et Genetique, Charleroi, Belgium
Am J Hum Genet 90:119-24. 2012..Here, we describe three KS individuals with de novo partial or complete deletions of an X chromosome gene, KDM6A, that encodes a histone demethylase that interacts with MLL2...
- Uterus transplantation in a non-human primate: long-term follow-up after autologous transplantationL Johannesson
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Gothenburg, Gothenburg, Sweden
Hum Reprod 27:1640-8. 2012Uterus transplantation (UTx) may provide the first available treatment for women affected by uterine infertility...
- Histone demethylase UTX and chromatin remodeler BRM bind directly to CBP and modulate acetylation of histone H3 lysine 27Feng Tie
Department of Genetics and Genome Sciences, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Mol Cell Biol 32:2323-34. 2012..we show that H3K27ac levels also depend on other TrxG proteins, including the histone H3K27-specific demethylase UTX and the chromatin-remodeling ATPase Brahma (BRM)...
- Effects of immunosuppression by cyclosporine A on allogenic uterine transplant in the ratKlaus Groth
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Sahlgrenska Academy at University of Gothenburg, S 413 45 Gothenburg, Sweden
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 163:97-103. 2012Research on uterine transplantation (UTx) is conducted in preparation for its introduction in the human as a treatment for absolute uterine factor infertility...
- Comparative expression analysis of the H3K27 demethylases, JMJD3 and UTX, with the H3K27 methylase, EZH2, in XenopusAkane Kawaguchi
Graduate School of Biological Sciences, Nara Institute of Science and Technology NAIST, Ikoma, Nara, Japan
Int J Dev Biol 56:295-300. 2012..activation of developmental genes; however, the extent of embryonic expression of its demethylases, JMJD3 and UTX, has remained unclear...
- Histone recognition and nuclear receptor co-activator functions of Drosophila cara mitad, a homolog of the N-terminal portion of mammalian MLL2 and MLL3Chhavi Chauhan
Oncology Institute, Stritch School of Medicine, Loyola University of Chicago, Maywood, IL 60153, USA
Development 139:1997-2008. 2012..requires chromatin binding by CMI, methylation of H3K4 by TRR and demethylation of H3K27 by the demethylase UTX. The evolutionary split of MLL2 into two distinct genes in Drosophila provides important insight into distinct ..
- The C. elegans H3K27 demethylase UTX-1 is essential for normal development, independent of its enzymatic activityJulien Vandamme
Biotech Research and Innovation Centre BRIC, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
PLoS Genet 8:e1002647. 2012..Here we report on the biological functions of UTX-1, the Caenorhabditis elegans homologue of mammalian UTX, a histone demethylase specific for H3K27me2/3...
- The mutational landscape of lethal castration-resistant prostate cancerCatherine S Grasso
Michigan Center for Translational Pathology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
Nature 487:239-43. 2012..that physically interact with the AR, such as the ERG gene fusion product, FOXA1, MLL2, UTX (also known as KDM6A) and ASXL1 were found to be mutated in CRPC...
- X-linked H3K27me3 demethylase Utx is required for embryonic development in a sex-specific mannerG Grant Welstead
Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research, Cambridge, MA 02142, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:13004-9. 2012..It has been suggested that the recently discovered class of histone demethylases (UTX and JMJD3) that specifically target the repressive H3K27me3 modification play an important role in the activation ..
- Jumonji domain-containing protein 3 regulates histone 3 lysine 27 methylation during bovine preimplantation developmentSebastian Canovas
Laboratorio Andaluz de Reprogramación Celular, Consejeria de Salud, Junta de Andalucia, 41092 Seville, Spain
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:2400-5. 2012..Jumonji domain-containing protein 3 (JMJD3), but not ubiquitously transcribed tetratricopeptide repeat X (UTX), present high transcript levels in oocytes...
- Uterine transplantation research: laboratory protocols for clinical applicationC Diaz-Garcia
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Sahlgrenska Academy, University of Gothenburg, Gothenburg SE 41345, Sweden
Mol Hum Reprod 18:68-78. 2012..clinical organ transplantation today, as well as the major findings of recent experimental uterus transplantation (UTx) research regarding organ donation/retrieval, ischemic preservation, surgical techniques for anastomosis, ..
- Chronic myelomonocytic leukemia and atypical chronic myeloid leukemia: novel pathogenetic lesionsHideki Muramatsu
Department of Pediatrics, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, Nagoya, Japan
Semin Oncol 39:67-73. 2012..proliferation signaling (CBL, RAS, RUNX1, JAK2 (V617F)) and with modification of epigenetic status (TET2, ASXL1, UTX, EZH2) have been found...
- Groucho/transducin-like enhancer of split (TLE) family members interact with the yeast transcriptional co-repressor SSN6 and mammalian SSN6-related proteins: implications for evolutionary conservation of transcription repression mechanismsD Grbavec
Center for Neuronal Survival, Montreal Neurological Institute, 3801 rue University, Montreal, Quebec, H3A 2B4 Canada
Biochem J 337:13-7. 1999..These findings suggest that mammalian TLE and UTY/X proteins may mediate repression mechanisms similar to those performed by TUP1-SSN6 in yeast...
- Molecular and genetic analysis of the Tribolium Ultrabithorax ortholog, UltrathoraxR L Bennett
Zoology Department, Brigham Young University, Provo, UT 84602, USA
Dev Genes Evol 209:608-19. 1999..Phenotypic analysis of mutant variants of the Ultrathorax (Utx) gene, and its location within the beetle HOM-C, strongly supports Utx being the Tribolium ortholog of Ubx...
- Deletion and expression analysis of AZFa genes on the human Y chromosome revealed a major role for DBY in male infertilityC Foresta
University of Padova, Department of Medical and Surgical Sciences, Clinica Medica 3, 35128 Padova, Italy
Hum Mol Genet 9:1161-9. 2000..This hypothesis is further supported by the high similarity of DBY to other DEAD box proteins belonging to the PL10 subclass...
- UTY gene codes for an HLA-B60-restricted human male-specific minor histocompatibility antigen involved in stem cell graft rejection: characterization of the critical polymorphic amino acid residues for T-cell recognitionM H Vogt
Departments of Hematology and Immunohematology and Bloodbank, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Blood 96:3126-32. 2000..Although the epitope differed by 3 amino acids from its X-homologue, UTX, only 2 polymorphisms were essential for recognition by the CTL clone HLA-B60 HY...
- Sex differences in sex chromosome gene expression in mouse brainJun Xu
Department of Physiological Science and Laboratory of Neuroendocrinology of the Brain Research Institute, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1606, USA
Hum Mol Genet 11:1409-19. 2002..Six X-linked homologues (Usp9x, Ube1x, Smcx, Eif2s3x, Utx and Dbx) were also expressed in brain, and in adulthood all of these transcripts were expressed at significantly ..
- Sex differences in structure and expression of the sex chromosome genes CHD1Z and CHD1W in zebra finchesRobert J Agate
Department of Physiological Science, University of California, Los Angeles, USA
Mol Biol Evol 21:384-96. 2004..These differences between CHD1Z and CHD1W suggest that the two proteins may have diverged in their function...
- Impact of chemoradiotherapy-induced anemia on survival in uniformly staged patients with locally advanced squamous cell carcinoma of the esophagusR D Hofheinz
Okologisches Zentrum, III, Medizinische Klinik, Fakultät für Klinische Medizin Mannheim der Universität Heidelberg, Germany
Onkologie 27:462-6. 2004....
- Positive and negative selection on mammalian Y chromosomesDave T Gerrard
School of Biosciences, The University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham, United Kingdom
Mol Biol Evol 22:1423-32. 2005..Taking positive selection into account, we demonstrate that purifying selection is less efficient in mammalian Y-linked genes compared to their X-linked homologues, suggesting that these genes continue to degenerate...
- Preliminary findings on the classical singer's use of the pectoralis major muscleViggo Pettersen
Department of Music and Dance, University of Stavanger, Stavanger, Norway
Folia Phoniatr Logop 58:427-39. 2006..The activity in the pectoralis major (PC) muscle and the phasing of PC activity to sternocleidomastoideus (STM) activity and upper thorax (UTX) movement were investigated.
- Indoxyl sulfate induces skeletal resistance to parathyroid hormone in cultured osteoblastic cellsT Nii-Kono
Division of Nephrology and Dialysis Center, Department of Internal Medicine, Kobe University School of Medicine, Kobe, Japan
Kidney Int 71:738-43. 2007..In the present study, we focused on the accumulation of uremic toxins (UTx) in blood, and examined whether indoxyl sulfate (IS), a UTx, is associated with PTH resistance...
- PTIP associates with MLL3- and MLL4-containing histone H3 lysine 4 methyltransferase complexYoung Wook Cho
Nuclear Receptor Biology Section, Clinical Endocrinology Branch, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Biol Chem 282:20395-406. 2007..SET domain-containing HMTs MLL3 and MLL4, and substoichiometric amount of JmjC domain-containing putative histone demethylase UTX. PTIP complex carries robust HMT activity and specifically methylates lysine 4 (K4) on histone H3...
- H3K27 demethylases, at long lastTomek Swigut
Department of Chemical and Systems Biology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Cell 131:29-32. 2007..2007; De Santa et al., 2007; Lan et al., 2007; Lee et al., 2007) identify the JmjC-domain proteins UTX and JMJD3 as H3K27-specific demethylases that remove this methyl mark, enabling the activation of genes involved in ..
- The BRCT-domain containing protein PTIP links PAX2 to a histone H3, lysine 4 methyltransferase complexSanjeevkumar R Patel
Department of Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Dev Cell 13:580-92. 2007..Embryonic lethal ptip-null mutants and conditional mutants both show reduced levels of methylated H3K4. Thus, PTIP bridges DNA-binding developmental regulators to histone methyltransferase-dependent epigenetic regulation...
- Drosophila UTX is a histone H3 Lys27 demethylase that colocalizes with the elongating form of RNA polymerase IIEdwin R Smith
Stowers Institute for Medical Research, 1000 East 50th Street, Kansas City, MO 64110, USA
Mol Cell Biol 28:1041-6. 2008..Our data indicate that dUTX is intimately associated with actively transcribed genes and may provide a paradigm for how H3K27 demethylation is required for the activation of preinitiated Pol II on transcriptionally poised genes...
- Consequences from emotional stimulus on breathing for singingViggo Pettersen
Department of Music and Dance, University of Stavanger, Stavanger, Norway
J Voice 23:295-303. 2009..RC], lateral abdomen [OBL], and lower lateral abdomen [LOBL]) muscle activity and trunk wall (upper thorax [UTX], lower thorax [LTX], and abdomen [ABD]) movement...
- Influence of new Eurotransplant heart allocation policy on outcome of heart transplant candidates in GermanyTakeshi Komoda
Department of Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery, Deutsches Herzzentrum Berlin, Berlin, Germany
J Heart Lung Transplant 27:1108-14. 2008..The Eurotransplant community adopted an urgency-based heart allocation algorithm in August 2000. The effect of the new allocation policy on critically ill patients with end-stage heart failure was studied...
- A systematic, large-scale resequencing screen of X-chromosome coding exons in mental retardationPatrick S Tarpey
Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Hinxton, Cambridge, UK
Nat Genet 41:535-43. 2009..The study has, however, also highlighted issues confronting whole-genome sequencing screens, including the observation that loss of function of 1% or more of X-chromosome genes is compatible with apparently normal existence...
- Epigenetic reprogramming during wound healing: loss of polycomb-mediated silencing may enable upregulation of repair genesTanya Shaw
Department of Biochemistry, School of Medical Sciences, University of Bristol, Bristol, UK
EMBO Rep 10:881-6. 2009..Suz12 are significantly downregulated during murine skin repair, whereas the newly described demethylases Jmjd3 and Utx are markedly upregulated...
- Design of a bioreductively-activated fluorescent pH probe for tumor hypoxia imagingEiji Nakata
Department of Life System, Institute of Technology and Science, Graduate School, The University of Tokushima, Minamijosanjimacho 2, Tokushima 770 8506, Japan
Bioorg Med Chem 17:6952-8. 2009We have designed and evaluated UTX-12 as a novel fluorescent pH probe for tumor hypoxia imaging...
- Dual role for the methyltransferase G9a in the maintenance of beta-globin gene transcription in adult erythroid cellsChandra Prakash Chaturvedi
The Sprott Center for Stem Cell Research, Regenerative Medicine Program, Ottawa Hospital Research Institute, Ottawa, ON Canada
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:18303-8. 2009..Interestingly, the demethylase UTX is recruited to the beta(maj) (but not the E(y)) promoter where it antagonizes G9a-dependent H3K27 dimethylation...
- Experimental uterus transplantationMats Brannstrom
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Sahlgrenska Academy, University of Gothenburg, Goteborg, Sweden
Hum Reprod Update 16:329-45. 2010Uterus transplantation (UTx) is developed in animal models as a future method to treat uterine factor infertility.
- Somatic mutations altering EZH2 (Tyr641) in follicular and diffuse large B-cell lymphomas of germinal-center originRyan D Morin
Genome Sciences Centre, BC Cancer Agency, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Nat Genet 42:181-5. 2010..After the recent discovery of mutations in KDM6A (UTX), which encodes the histone H3K27me3 demethylase UTX, in several cancer types, EZH2 is the second histone ..
- The histone demethylase UTX enables RB-dependent cell fate controlJordon K Wang
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Program in Epithelial Biology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California 94305, USA
Genes Dev 24:327-32. 2010Trimethylation of histone H3 on Lys 27 (H3K27me3) is key for cell fate regulation. The H3K27me3 demethylase UTX functions in development and tumor suppression with undefined mechanisms...
- Design of novel hypoxia-targeting IDO hybrid inhibitors conjugated with an unsubstituted L-TRP as an IDO affinity moietyHitomi Nakashima
Department of Life System, Institute of Technology and Science, Graduate School, The University of Tokushima, Tokushima 770 8506, Japan
Adv Exp Med Biol 662:415-21. 2010..an unsubstituted L-Trp as an IDO affinity moiety without inhibitor 1MT, such as L-Trp-TPZ hybrids 1 (TX-2274), 2 (UTX-3), 3 (UTX-4), and 4 (UTX-2)...
- The H3K27me3 demethylase dUTX is a suppressor of Notch- and Rb-dependent tumors in DrosophilaHans Martin Herz
M D Anderson Cancer Center, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Graduate Program in Genes and Development, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Unit 1000, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Mol Cell Biol 30:2485-97. 2010..27 of histone H3 (H3K27me3) is an epigenetic mark for gene silencing and can be demethylated by the JmjC domain of UTX. Excessive H3K27me3 levels can cause tumorigenesis, but little is known about the mechanisms leading to those ..
- Epigenetic Reprogramming by the Human Papillomavirus E7 OncoproteinMARGARET ERIN MCLAUGHLIN-DRUBIN; Fiscal Year: 2012..that HPV16 E7 induces the enzymes that remove this repressive histone modification, the histone demethylases UTX and JMJD3...
- Role of UTX in escape from X inactivationJOEL BRADFORD BERLETCH; Fiscal Year: 2010..We proposethat removal of this repressive histone modification by the histone de-methylases UTX and JMJD3 is an essential part of escape from X inactivation. We will pursue the following three aims: Aim1...
- Min Gyu Lee; Fiscal Year: 2014..Recently, we identified the H3K27 demethylase KDM6A (also called UTX), a long-sought histone methylation modifier that up-regulates gene expression by demethylating ..
- Jae W Lee; Fiscal Year: 2016..Later, ASCOM has also been found to contain the H3-lysine 27-demethylase (H3K27DM) UTX. Trimethylated H3K4 and trimethylated H3K27 mark transcriptionally active and inactive chromatin, respectively...
- Lama Tarayrah; Fiscal Year: 2014..Moreover, mammalian UTX has been recently shown to associate with the mammalian homolog of Trx, H3K4me3 histone methyltransferase MLL2 ..
- Roles of Histone H3K27 demethylases in germ cell epigenetic developmentKARL BRYAN SHPARGEL; Fiscal Year: 2010..I hypothesize that Utx and JmjdS H3K27 demethylases are required in the early mammalian embryo and will prove essential for reprogramming ..
- Mechanism by which regulators of histone methylation control organismal lifespanTRAVIS JUSTIN MAURES; Fiscal Year: 2012..Furthermore, we found that the knock-down of the H3K27me3 demethylase UTX- 1 prolonged worm lifespan...
- Karl Munger; Fiscal Year: 2016..to determine the mechanism by which HPV16 E7 expression causes increased expression of the two enzymes, JMJD3 and UTX, which remove the repressive trimethyl mark on lysine 27 of histone H3...
- ACQUISTION OF A CYTOMATION MOFLO CELL SORTERTimothy Graubert; Fiscal Year: 2001..An advisory committee will oversee management of the cell sorter and ensure its long-term stability as a resource for the medical school...
- GENETIC TARGETING OF HEMATOPOIETIC STEM CELLSTimothy Graubert; Fiscal Year: 2002..The long-term goal of this investigator is to study the molecular bases of hematopoiesis and leukemogenesis as an active member of a clinical Hematology/Bone Marrow Transplant Division. ..
- Acquistion of an inFlux GMP cell sorter.Timothy Graubert; Fiscal Year: 2005..This instrument will provide added value for many funded projects at Washington University that collectively accounted for over $328M in total awards from the NIH in 2002, placing it third among medical centers in the United States. ..
- Role of HPV16 E7/E2F6 interaction in viral oncogenesisMargaret McLaughlin Drubin; Fiscal Year: 2006..These studies will further the understanding of how viral proteins interact with cellular factors to induce cancer. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..