Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ITPA
Description: inosine triphosphatase
Alias: C20orf37, HLC14-06-P, ITPase, My049, NTPase, dJ794I6.3, inosine triphosphate pyrophosphatase, inosine triphosphatase (nucleoside triphosphate pyrophosphatase), inosine triphosphate pyrophosphohydrolase, non-canonical purine NTP pyrophosphatase, non-standard purine NTP pyrophosphatase, nucleoside-triphosphate diphosphatase
Publications169 found, 100 shown here
- House cleaning, a part of good housekeepingMichael Y Galperin
National Center for Biotechnology Information, National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20894, USA
Mol Microbiol 59:5-19. 2006..non-canonical NTPs belong to at least four structural superfamilies: MutT-related (Nudix) hydrolases, dUTPase, ITPase (Maf/HAM1) and all-alpha NTP pyrophosphatases (MazG)...
- Cloning, expression, and characterization of a human inosine triphosphate pyrophosphatase encoded by the itpa geneS Lin
State Key Laboratory of Genetic Engineering, Institute of Genetics, School of Life Science, Fudan University, Shanghai 200433, People s Republic of China
J Biol Chem 276:18695-701. 2001..dITP is potentially mutagenic, and the levels of these nucleotides are controlled by inosine triphosphate pyrophosphatase (EC ). Here we report the cloning, expression, and characterization of a 21...
- Genetic basis of inosine triphosphate pyrophosphohydrolase deficiencySatoshi Sumi
Purine Research Unit, Department of Chemical Pathology, 5th Floor Thomas Guy House, Guy s and St Thomas Hospitals, London, SE1 9RT, UK
Hum Genet 111:360-7. 2002b>Inosine triphosphate pyrophosphohydrolase (ITPase) deficiency is a common inherited condition characterized by the abnormal accumulation of inosine triphosphate (ITP) in erythrocytes...
- Distribution of ITPA P32T alleles in multiple world populationsSharon Marsh
Division of Oncology, Washington University School of Medicine, 660 South Euclid Avenue, Campus Box 8069, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
J Hum Genet 49:579-81. 2004..Recently, a polymorphism in the inosine triphosphate pyrophosphatase gene (ITPA) has been associated with severe azathioprine toxicity...
- Pharmacogenetic association with adverse drug reactions to azathioprine immunosuppressive therapy following liver transplantationDavid P Breen
College of Medicine and Veterinary Medicine, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
Liver Transpl 11:826-33. 2005..There is evidence that polymorphisms in the genes encoding thiopurine methyltransferase (TPMT) and inosine triphosphate pyrophosphatase (ITPase) predict adverse drug reactions to AZA therapy...
- Thiopurine S-methyltransferase and inosine triphosphate pyrophosphohydrolase genes in Japanese patients with inflammatory bowel disease in whom adverse drug reactions were induced by azathioprine/6-mercaptopurine treatmentKan Uchiyama
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Department of Internal Medicine, The Jikei University School of Medicine Kashiwa Hospital, 163 1 Kashiwa shita, Kashiwa, Chiba, 277 8567, Japan
J Gastroenterol 44:197-203. 2009..in the activities of the metabolizing enzymes thiopurine S-methyltransferase (TPMT) and inosine triphosphate pyrophosphohydrolase (ITPA)...
- Functional study of the P32T ITPA variant associated with drug sensitivity in humansElena I Stepchenkova
Eppley Institute for Research in Cancer, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, 68198 6805, USA
J Mol Biol 392:602-13. 2009..or 6-hydroxylaminopurine (HAP) deoxynucleoside triphosphate] into nucleic acids is prevented by inosine triphosphate pyrophosphatase (ITPA). The ITPA gene is a highly conserved, moderately expressed gene...
- Association between inosine triphosphate pyrophosphohydrolase deficiency and azathioprine-related adverse drug reactions in the Chinese kidney transplant recipientsHui Xiong
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Wuhan General Hospital of Guangzhou Command, Wuhan 430070, China
Fundam Clin Pharmacol 24:393-400. 2010..transplantation whether AZA-related side effects can be explained by the inosine triphophate pyrophosphatase (ITPA) or thiopurine S-methyltransferase (TPMT) polymorphisms using both pheno-and genotyping...
- Quantitative in vitro and in vivo characterization of the human P32T mutant ITPaseGreg Herting
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, 226 Science Building, Eastern Washington University, Cheney, WA 99004, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1802:269-74. 2010Human ITPase, encoded by the ITPA gene, and its orthologs (RdgB in Escherichia coli and HAM1 in Saccharomyces cerevisiae) exclude noncanonical nucleoside triphosphates (NTPs) from NTP pools...
- ITPA gene variants protect against anaemia in patients treated for chronic hepatitis CJacques Fellay
Institute for Genome Sciences and Policy, Center for Human Genome Variation, Duke University, Durham, North Carolina 27708, USA
Nature 464:405-8. 2010..Here we show that genetic variants leading to inosine triphosphatase deficiency, a condition not thought to be clinically important, protect against haemolytic anaemia in hepatitis-C-infected patients receiving RBV...
- Translating pharmacogenetics into clinical practice: interleukin (IL)28B and inosine triphosphatase (ITPA) polymophisms in hepatitis C virus (HCV) infectionElisabetta Cariani
Clinical Pathology Toxicology, Ospedale Civile S Agostino Estense, Modena, Italy
Clin Chem Lab Med 49:1247-56. 2011..This review will cover recent reports on the subject, focusing on the potential use of the new genetic markers in the diagnostic algorithm for the stratification of patients for personalized antiviral regimens...
- Human inosine triphosphatase: catalytic properties and population studiesS L Holmes
Clin Chim Acta 97:143-53. 1979..Using a reliable 2-step colorimetric assay, some catalytic properties of human erythrocyte ITPase (inosine triphosphate pyrophosphohydrolase) (EC 22.214.171.124) were determined...
- Individual variation in inosine triphosphate accumulation in human erythrocytesJ H Fraser
Clin Biochem 8:353-64. 1975..The metabolism of [14C]adenine and [14C]guanine was the same in erythrocytes that accumulated "normal" and "high" amounts of inosine triphosphate. Inosine triphosphate did not accumulate in leukocytes...
- DNA polymorphisms in ITPA including basis of inosine triphosphatase deficiencyHenian Cao
Blackburn Cardiovascular Genetics Laboratory, Robarts Research Institute, 406 100 Perth Drive, London, ON N6A 5K8, Canada
J Hum Genet 47:620-2. 2002..6.1.19), which is encoded by ITPA on chromosome 20p...
- Adverse drug reactions to azathioprine therapy are associated with polymorphism in the gene encoding inosine triphosphate pyrophosphatase (ITPase)Anthony M Marinaki
Purine Research Laboratory, Department of Chemical Pathology and Department of Gastroenterology, Guy s and St Thomas Hospital, London, UK
Pharmacogenetics 14:181-7. 2004..b>Inosine triphosphate pyrophosphatase (ITPase) deficiency results in the benign accumulation of the inosine nucleotide ITP...
- Association of inosine triphosphatase 94C>A and thiopurine S-methyltransferase deficiency with adverse events and study drop-outs under azathioprine therapy in a prospective Crohn disease studyNicolas von Ahsen
Department of Clinical Chemistry, University of Gottingen, Gottingen, Germany
Clin Chem 51:2282-8. 2005..Inosine triphosphatase (ITPA) mutations are other pharmacogenetic polymorphisms possibly involved in thiopurine metabolism and tolerance.
- Analysis of ITPA phenotype-genotype correlation in the Bulgarian population revealed a novel gene variant in exon 6Srebrena Atanasova
Department of Clinical Chemistry, Georg August University Goettingen, Goettingen, Germany
Ther Drug Monit 29:6-10. 2007Mutations in the inosine triphosphate pyrophosphohydrolase (ITPA) gene causing enzyme deficiency were shown to have pharmacogenetic implications in azathioprine-induced adverse drug reactions...
- Genetic polymorphism of inosine triphosphate pyrophosphatase is a determinant of mercaptopurine metabolism and toxicity during treatment for acute lymphoblastic leukemiaG Stocco
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee, USA
Clin Pharmacol Ther 85:164-72. 2009The influence of genetic polymorphism in inosine triphosphate pyrophosphatase (ITPA) on thiopurine-induced adverse events has not been investigated in the context of combination chemotherapy for acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL)...
- Influences of thiopurine methyltransferase genotype and activity on thiopurine-induced leukopenia in Korean patients with inflammatory bowel disease: a retrospective cohort studyJae Hak Kim
Department of Internal Medicine, Dongguk University College of Medicine, Goyang si, Korea
J Clin Gastroenterol 44:e242-8. 2010..of this study was to investigate the relative risk of the thiopurine methyltransferase (TPMT) and inosine triphosphate pyrophosphatase (ITPA) genotypes and TPMT activity for the development of leukopenia in Korean IBD patients during ..
- Variants in the ITPA gene protect against ribavirin-induced hemolytic anemia and decrease the need for ribavirin dose reductionAlexander J Thompson
Duke Clinical Research Institute, Durham, North Carolina 27715, USA
Gastroenterology 139:1181-9. 2010..patients being treated for chronic hepatitis C, 2 functional variants in ITPA that cause inosine triphosphatase (ITPase) deficiency were shown to protect against ribavirin (RBV)-induced hemolytic anemia during early stages of ..
- ITPA polymorphism affects ribavirin-induced anemia and outcomes of therapy--a genome-wide study of Japanese HCV virus patientsHidenori Ochi
Laboratory for Liver Diseases, RIKEN Center for Genomic Medicine, Hiroshima, Japan
Gastroenterology 139:1190-7. 2010..Factors influencing this anemia, especially host genetic factors, are poorly understood. In this study we investigated predictive factors in hepatitis C virus patients treated with combination therapy...
- Influence of ITPA polymorphisms on decreases of hemoglobin during treatment with pegylated interferon, ribavirin, and telaprevirFumitaka Suzuki
Department of Hepatology, Toranomon Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
Hepatology 53:415-21. 2011Polymorphisms of the inosine triphosphatase (ITPA) gene influence anemia during pegylated interferon (PEG-IFN) and ribavirin (RBV) therapy, but their effects during triple therapy with PEG-IFN, RBV, and telaprevir are not known...
- Genome-wide association study identified ITPA/DDRGK1 variants reflecting thrombocytopenia in pegylated interferon and ribavirin therapy for chronic hepatitis CYasuhito Tanaka
Department of Virology, Nagoya City University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Nagoya, Japan
Hum Mol Genet 20:3507-16. 2011..29 × 10(-17) (OR = 4.5). Fine mapping with 22 SNPs around DDRGK1 and ITPA genes showed that rs11697186 at the GWAS stage had a strong linkage disequilibrium with rs1127354, known as a ..
- Genome-wide association study of interferon-related cytopenia in chronic hepatitis C patientsAlexander J Thompson
Duke Clinical Research Institute, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27701, USA
J Hepatol 56:313-9. 2012..We performed a genome wide association study on a well-characterized genotype 1 HCV cohort to identify genetic determinants of peginterferon-α (pegIFN)-related thrombocytopenia, neutropenia, and leukopenia...
- Relationship between polymorphisms of the inosine triphosphatase gene and anaemia or outcome after treatment with pegylated interferon and ribavirinMasayuki Kurosaki
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Musashino Red Cross Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
Antivir Ther 16:685-94. 2011A genome-wide association study revealed an association between variants of the inosine triphosphatase (ITPA) gene and ribavirin (RBV)-induced anaemia...
- Pivotal role of inosine triphosphate pyrophosphatase in maintaining genome stability and the prevention of apoptosis in human cellsMiriam Rose Menezes
Eppley Institute for Research in Cancer and Allied Diseases, Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, Nebraska, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e32313. 2012..The precise role of the human ITPase, encoded by the ITPA gene, is not clearly defined...
- The ITPA c.94C>A and g.IVS2+21A>C sequence variants contribute to missplicing of the ITPA geneMonica Arenas
Purine Research Laboratory, Department of Chemical Pathology, Guy s Hospital, London, SE1 9RT, UK, and Department of Paediatrics, Neonatology and Congenital Disorders, Nagoya City University, Japan
Biochim Biophys Acta 1772:96-102. 2007b>Inosine triphosphate pyrophosphatase (ITPase) catalyzes the conversion of inosine triphosphate (ITP) to the correspondent monophosphate. The ITPA c.94C>A and g...
- Genetic polymorphism of inosine-triphosphate-pyrophosphatase influences mercaptopurine metabolism and toxicity during treatment of acute lymphoblastic leukemia individualized for thiopurine-S-methyl-transferase statusGabriele Stocco
St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 262 Danny Thomas Place MS 272, Memphis, TN 38105, USA
Expert Opin Drug Saf 9:23-37. 2010..encoding an enzyme involved in mercaptopurine metabolism (SNP rs1127354 in inosine-triphospate-pyrophosphatase, ITPA), showing that genetic polymorphism of ITPA is a significant determinant of mercaptopurine metabolism and of ..
- ITPase-deficient mice show growth retardation and die before weaningM Behmanesh
Division of Neurofunctional Genomics, Department of Immunobiology and Neuroscience, Medical Institute of Bioregulation, Kyushu University, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
Cell Death Differ 16:1315-22. 2009b>Inosine triphosphate pyrophosphatase (ITPase), the enzyme that hydrolyzes ITP and other deaminated purine nucleoside triphosphates to the corresponding purine nucleoside monophosphate and pyrophosphate, is encoded by the Itpa gene...
- ITPA protein, an enzyme that eliminates deaminated purine nucleoside triphosphates in cellsKunihiko Sakumi
Division of Neurofunctional Genomics, Department of Immunobiology and Neuroscience, Medical Institute of Bioregulation, Kyushu University, 3 1 1 Maidashi, Higashi ku, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
Mutat Res 703:43-50. 2010b>Inosine triphosphate pyrophosphatase (ITPA protein) (EC 126.96.36.199) hydrolyzes deaminated purine nucleoside triphosphates, such as ITP and dITP, to their corresponding purine nucleoside monophosphate and pyrophosphate...
- Relevance of pharmacogenetic aspects of mercaptopurine metabolism in the treatment of interstitial lung diseaseJaap A Bakker
Department of Clinical Genetics, The Netherlands
Curr Opin Pulm Med 13:458-63. 2007..Mercaptopurine therapy is increasingly important as immunosuppressive therapy in interstitial lung disease. We focus on human mercaptopurine metabolism and the defects in this metabolism causing adverse drug reactions...
- [Working memory, phonological awareness and spelling hypothesis]Gigiane Gindri
Universidade Federal de Santa Maria, Brazil
Pro Fono 19:313-22. 2007..Working memory, phonological awareness and spelling hypothesis...
- Gender differences in outcome after neonatal intensive care: speech and language skills are less influenced in boys than in girls at 6.5 yearsM Jennische
Department of Women s and Children s Health, Section for Pediatrics and Perinatal Research Laboratory, Uppsala University Children s Hospital, Uppsala, Sweden
Acta Paediatr 92:364-78. 2003..To study language development at age 6.5 y in 230 children who had required neonatal intensive care (NIC) and 71 full-term neonatally healthy control children, all born in 1986-1989, with a focus on comparison between genders...
- Pharmacogenetics of thiopurines in inflammatory bowel diseaseLuc J J Derijks
Department of Clinical Pharmacy, Maxima Medical Centre, PO Box 7777, 5500 MB Veldhoven, The Netherlands
Curr Pharm Des 16:145-54. 2010..of genes encoding for glutathione S-tranferases, xanthine oxidase, thiopurine S-methyltransferase, inosine triphosphate pyrophosphatase, hypoxanthine phosphoribosyltransferase, inosine monophosphate dehydrogenase and multidrug ..
- A Japanese case with inosine triphosphate pyrophosphohydrolase deficiency attributable to an enzymatic defect in white blood cellsS Sumi
Department of Pediatrics, Nagoya City University, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Mizuyo ku, Nagoya, Japan
J Inherit Metab Dis 27:277-8. 2004b>Inosine triphosphate pyrophosphohydrolase (ITPase) deficiency is characterized by abnormal accumulation of inosine triphosphate...
- Clinical pharmacology and pharmacogenetics of thiopurinesSrikumar Sahasranaman
Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics, Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation, One Health Plaza, East Hanover, NJ 07936, USA
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 64:753-67. 2008..of the mechanism of action as well as the molecular basis and interethnic variations of TPMT and inosine triphosphate pyrophosphatase (ITPase; EC 188.8.131.52), another enzyme implicated in thiopurine toxicity...
- Characterization of the structure and expression of mouse Itpa gene and its related sequences in the mouse genomeMehrdad Behmanesh
Division of Neurofunctional Genomics, Department of Immunobiology and Neuroscience, Medical Institute of Bioregulation, Kyushu University, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
DNA Res 12:39-51. 2005In the mouse genome, we found one processed Itpa gene-like sequence and two processed Itpa pseudogenes as well as the Itpa gene itself with introns, located on chromosome 2F3, which was isolated by a retro-recombination method...
- Glutamine 170 to tyrosine substitution in yeast mitochondrial F1 beta-subunit increases catalytic site interaction with GDP and IDP and produces negative cooperativity of GTP and ITP hydrolysisJ M Jault
Department of Chemistry, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla 92093 0601
J Biol Chem 268:20762-7. 1993..for GDP, IDP, and guanosine 5'-(beta,gamma-imidotriphosphate), which are competitive inhibitors of GTPase and ITPase activities...
- Linguistic skills in relation to neurological findings at 8 years of age in children born pretermA Yliherva
Department of Finnish, Saami and Logopedics, University of Oulu
Logoped Phoniatr Vocol 26:66-75. 2001..Finland were studied with three different language tests, namely the Illinois Test of Psycholinguistic Abilities (ITPA), the Token Test for Children (TTC) and the Morphological Test (MT) for Finnish children...
- The increasing complexity of mercaptopurine pharmacogenomicsS Marsh
Genome Quebec and Montreal Heart Institute Pharmacogenomics Centre, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Clin Pharmacol Ther 85:139-41. 2009..However, recent research has shown that genetic contribution to mercaptopurine toxicity is more complex, possibly involving other genes, in particular ITPA, which encodes inosine triphosphate pyrophosphatase.
- Effects of a computer-supported interactive tailored patient assessment tool on patient care, symptom distress, and patients' need for symptom management support: a randomized clinical trialCornelia M Ruland
Center for Shared Decision Making and Nursing Research, Rikshospitalet, Oslo University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
J Am Med Inform Assoc 17:403-10. 2010To examine the effects of a computer-assisted, interactive tailored patient assessment (ITPA) tool in oncology practice on: documented patient care, symptom distress, and patients' need for symptom management support during treatment and ..
- HIV and syphilis: when to perform a lumbar punctureAgnes Libois
Service des Maladies Infectieuses, CHU Saint Pierre, 322 rue Haute, 1000 Brussels, Belgium
Sex Transm Dis 34:141-4. 2007..The objectives of this study were to determine predictive factors for neurosyphilis in HIV-infected patients with syphilis and optimize the use of lumbar puncture...
- Role of IL28B and inosine triphosphatase polymorphisms in the treatment of chronic hepatitis C virus genotype 6 infectionW K Seto
Department of Medicine, The University of Hong Kong, Queen Mary Hospital, Hong Kong, Hong Kong
J Viral Hepat 20:470-7. 2013IL28B and inosine triphosphatase (ITPA) polymorphisms are able to predict treatment response and degree of ribavirin-related anaemia, respectively, in the treatment of chronic hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection...
- Predictors of consent to pharmacogenomics testing in the IDEAL studyAlison B Jazwinski
aDepartment of Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology and Duke Clinical Research Institute, Duke University School of Medicine, Durham, North Carolina bDepartment of Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology Hepatology, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, Michigan cDepartment of Medicine, Alamo Medical Research, San Antonio, Texas dMerck Research Laboratories, Department of Infectious Disease, Whitehouse Station, New Jersey eDepartment of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA fDepartment of Gastroenterology, St Vincent s Hospital, University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Pharmacogenet Genomics 23:619-23. 2013..Genome-wide association studies subsequently identified associations between IL28B polymorphism and sustained virologic response, and ITPA polymorphism and ribavirin-associated anemia.
- Prevalence of TPMT and ITPA gene polymorphisms and effect on mercaptopurine dosage in Chilean children with acute lymphoblastic leukemiaMauricio J Farfan
Departamento de Pediatria, Centro de Estudios Moleculares, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Chile, Antonio Varas 360, Santiago, Chile
BMC Cancer 14:299. 2014..We determined the prevalence of the major genetic polymorphisms in 6-MP metabolizing enzymes in Chilean children with ALL...
- Pharmacogenetics and induction/consolidation therapy toxicities in acute lymphoblastic leukemia patients treated with AIEOP-BFM ALL 2000 protocolR Franca
Institute for Maternal and Child Health IRCCS Burlo Garofolo, UO Pediatric Hemato Oncology, Trieste, Italy
Pharmacogenomics J . 2015..2%) and NEU in 44 (8.7%). Logistic regression model adjusted for sex, risk and treatment phase revealed that ITPA rs1127354 homozygous mutated patients showed an increased risk of severe GI and NEU...
- Does Epoetin Beta Still Have a Place in Peginterferon Alpha-2a Plus Ribavirin Treatment Strategies for Chronic Hepatitis C?Pascal Veillon
1 Department of Virology, University Hospital of Angers, Angers, France
J Interferon Cytokine Res 36:204-14. 2016..lambda 3 (IFNL3) (rs12979860 and rs8099917), interferon lambda 4 (IFNL4) (ss469415590), and inosine triphosphatase (ITPA) (rs1127354 and rs7270101) were determined retrospectively...
- Pharmacogenetics of ribavirin-induced anemia in hepatitis CJavier Ampuero
Inter Centre Unit of Digestive Diseases, Virgen del Rocio Virgen Macarena University Hospitals, University of Sevilla, Sevilla, Spain
Pharmacogenomics 17:1587-94. 2016..Pharmacogenetics has identified ITPA and SLC28/29 genes to be closely related to RBV-induced anemia...
- Determination of ITPase activity in erythrocyte lysates obtained for determination of TPMT activityJ Bierau
Laboratory of Biochemical Genetics, Department of Clinical Genetics, Maastricht University Hospital, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Nucleosides Nucleotides Nucleic Acids 25:1129-32. 2006The indication for the determination of both thiopurine methyltransferase (TPMT) and inosine triphosphate pyrophosphohydrolase is identical (i.e., adverse drug reactions toward mercaptopurines)...
- Isothermal target and signaling probe amplification method, based on a combination of an isothermal chain amplification technique and a fluorescence resonance energy transfer cycling probe technologyCheulhee Jung
Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, KAIST, 335 Gwahak ro, Yuseong Gu, Daejeon, Republic of Korea
Anal Chem 82:5937-43. 2010An iTPA (isothermal target and signaling probe amplification) method for the quantitative detection of nucleic acids, based on a combination of novel ICA (isothermal chain amplification) and fluorescence resonance energy transfer cycling ..
- The activity of the inosine triphosphate pyrophosphatase affects toxicity of 6-mercaptopurine during maintenance therapy for acute lymphoblastic leukemia in Japanese childrenYoichi Tanaka
Department of Clinical Pharmacy, Center for Clinical Pharmacy and Sciences, School of Pharmacy, Kitasato University, Tokyo, Japan
Leuk Res 36:560-4. 2012The association between inosine triphosphate pyrophosphatase (ITPA) activity and toxicity of 6-mercaptopurine (6-MP) was retrospectively evaluated in 65 Japanese children with acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL)...
- Genetic polymorphisms in key methotrexate pathway genes are associated with response to treatment in rheumatoid arthritis patientsS A Owen
Arthritis Research UK Epidemiology Unit, Manchester Academic Health Sciences Centre, The University of Manchester, Manchester, UK
Pharmacogenomics J 13:227-34. 2013..polymorphisms (SNPs) spanning 10 methotrexate (MTX) pathway genes, namely AMPD1, ATIC, DHFR, FPGS, GGH, ITPA, MTHFD1, SHMT1, SLC19A1 (RFC) and TYMS on the outcome of MTX treatment in a UK rheumatoid arthritis (RA) patient ..
- ITPA gene polymorphisms significantly affect hemoglobin decline and treatment outcomes in patients coinfected with HIV and HCVAnu Osinusi
Laboratory of Immunoregulation, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease, NIH, Bethesda, MD, USA
J Med Virol 84:1106-14. 2012..studies have described a strong association with a single-nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) in the inosine triphosphate pyrophosphatase (ITPA) gene and ribavirin (RBV)-induced hemolytic anemia in HCV-infected patients receiving ..
- Genetic variants of thiopurine and folate metabolic pathways determine 6-MP-mediated hematological toxicity in childhood ALLPatchva Dorababu
Department of Medical Oncology, Nizam s Institute of Medical Sciences, Panjagutta, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, PIN 500082, India
Pharmacogenomics 13:1001-8. 2012..6-MP)-mediated hematological toxicity in children with acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) and to explore the interaction of these variants with TPMT and ITPA haplotypes using multifactor dimensionality reduction analysis.
- A Ham1p-dependent mechanism and modulation of the pyrimidine biosynthetic pathway can both confer resistance to 5-fluorouracil in yeastMattias Carlsson
Department of Microbiology, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Uppsala, Sweden
PLoS ONE 8:e52094. 2013..Ham1p encodes an inosine triphosphate pyrophosphatase that has been implicated in resistance to purine analogues...
- Valuable antiviral therapeutic options for the treatment of chronic hepatitis C patients with thrombocytopeniaE Ogawa
Department of General Internal Medicine, Kyushu University Hospital, Fukuoka, Japan Department of Environmental Medicine and Infectious Disease, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
J Viral Hepat 20:838-46. 2013..The kinetics of haemoglobin and platelets according to the inosine triphosphatase (ITPA) genotype (rs1127354) were investigated...
- Significant early higher ribavirin plasma concentrations in patients receiving a triple therapy with pegylated interferon, ribavirin and telaprevirL Boglione
Unit of Infectious Diseases, University of Turin, Department of Medical Sciences, Amedeo di Savoia Hospital, Turin, Italy
J Viral Hepat 21:260-3. 2014..Because haemolysis is a typical concentration-dependent side effect of RBV, modulated by ITPA gene polymorphisms, we aimed to compare the early RBV plasma exposure of nine patients after 2 weeks of treatment ..
- 5-Aminoimidazole-4-carboxamide ribonucleotide-transformylase and inosine-triphosphate-pyrophosphatase genes variants predict remission rate during methotrexate therapy in patients with juvenile idiopathic arthritisSerena Pastore
University of Trieste, Trieste, Italy
Rheumatol Int 35:619-27. 2015..those in 5-aminoimidazole-4-carboxamide ribonucleotide-transformylase (ATIC), inosine-triphosphate-pyrophosphatase (ITPA) and solute-liquid-carrier-19A1 genes...
- Association between IPTA gene polymorphisms and hematological abnormalities in hepatitis C virus-infected patients receiving combination therapyJow Jyh Hwang
Section of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Department of Internal Medicine, St Martin De Porres Hospital and Graduate Institute of Clinical Medical Sciences, Chang Gung University College of Medicine, Chiayi, Taiwan
Gut Liver 9:214-23. 2015..Variants of the ITPA gene have been reported to protect against anemia during the early stages of HCV combina-tion treatments but have ..
- Gene-gene interactions in folate and adenosine biosynthesis pathways affect methotrexate efficacy and tolerability in rheumatoid arthritisThierry Dervieux
Cypress Bioscience, San Diego, California 92121, USA
Pharmacogenet Genomics 19:935-44. 2009....
- Impact of inosine triphosphatase gene variants on the risk of anemia in HIV/hepatitis C virus-coinfected patients treated for chronic hepatitis CNorma I Rallon
Infectious Diseases Department, Hospital Carlos III, Madrid, Spain
Clin Infect Dis 53:1291-5. 2011The role of rs1127354/rs7270101 alleles at the inosine triphosphatase (ITPA) gene on ribavirin-induced anemia was assessed in 74 patients with hepatitis C virus and human immunodeficiency virus coinfection...
- Efficacy of splenectomy in preventing anemia in patients with recurrent hepatitis C following liver transplantation is not dependent on inosine triphosphate pyrophosphatase genotypeTakashi Motomura
Department of Surgery and Science, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Hepatol Res 42:288-95. 2012Aim: A genetic polymorphism of inosine triphosphate pyrophosphatase (ITPA) has been associated with pegylated-interferon/ribavirin (PEG-IFN/RBV)-induced anemia in chronic hepatitis C patients...
- Erythrocyte inosine triphosphatase activity is decreased in HIV-seropositive individualsJörgen Bierau
Department of Clinical Genetics, Maastricht University Medical Centre, Maastricht, The Netherlands
PLoS ONE 7:e30175. 2012Inosine triphosphatase (ITPase) is encoded by the polymorphic gene ITPA and maintains low intracellular levels of the inosine nucleotides ITP and dITP. The most frequently reported polymorphisms are ITPA c.94C>A (rs 1127354) and ITPA c...
- Azathioprine in the treatment of autoimmune blistering diseasesVolker Meyer
Department of Dermatology, University of Muenster, Von Esmarch Str 58, D 48149 Muenster, Germany
Immunol Allergy Clin North Am 32:295-307, vii-viii. 2012..Severe reactions are due to reduced thiopurine S-methyltransferase (TPMT) or inosine triphosphate pyrophosphohydrolase (ITPA) activity...
- Determination of inosine triphosphate pyrophosphatase phenotype in human red blood cells using HPLCAntony Citterio-Quentin
Institut des Sciences Parmaceutiques et Biologiques, Pharmacie Clinique, Pharmacocinétique et Évaluation du Médicament, Universite de Lyon, Universite Lyon 1, Lyon, France
Ther Drug Monit 34:477-80. 2012..Recent articles have reported that inosine triphosphate pyrophosphatase (ITPase) deficiency was associated with adverse drug reactions toward thiopurine drug therapy...
- Roles of ITPA and IL28B genotypes in chronic hepatitis C patients treated with peginterferon plus ribavirinTatsuo Miyamura
Department of Medicine and Clinical Oncology, Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba University, 1 8 1 Inohana, Chuo Ku, Chiba 260 8677, Japan
Viruses 4:1264-78. 2012It has been reported that inosine triphosphatase (ITPA) gene variants protect against ribavirin-induced anemia in patients treated for chronic hepatitis C...
- Effect of laparoscopic splenectomy in patients with Hepatitis C and cirrhosis carrying IL28B minor genotypeTakashi Motomura
Department of Surgery and Science, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
BMC Gastroenterol 12:158. 2012IL28B and ITPA genetic variants are associated with the outcome of pegylated-interferon and ribavirin (PEG-IFN/RBV) therapy...
- Multilocus genotypes of relevance for drug metabolizing enzymes and therapy with thiopurines in patients with acute lymphoblastic leukemiaGabriele Stocco
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, St Jude Children s Research Hospital Memphis, TN, USA Department of Life Sciences, University of Trieste Trieste, Italy
Front Genet 3:309. 2012..We have recently demonstrated that TPMT and ITPA genotypes constitute a multilocus genotype of pharmacogenetic relevance for children with acute lymphoblastic ..
- Inosine triphosphate pyrophosphohydrolase (ITPA) polymorphic sequence variants in Chinese ALL children and possible association with mercaptopurine related toxicityXiaoli Ma
Hematology Oncology Center, Beijing Children s Hospital, Capital Medical University Beijing 100045, China
Int J Clin Exp Pathol 7:4552-6. 2014..investigate whether there was a correlation between genotype or haplotype of inosine triphosph pyrophosphohydrolase(ITPA) and toxicities during maintenance therapy with mercaptopurine (6-MP) in Chinese patients with acute lymphoblastic ..
- Mycophenolate mofetil may induce prolonged severe anemia during pegylated-interferon/ribavirin/simeprevir therapy in liver transplant recipientsTomomi Kogiso
Department of Internal Medicine, Institute of Gastroenterology, Tokyo Women s Medical University, 8 1, Kawada cho, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo, 162 8666, Japan
Clin J Gastroenterol 8:156-61. 2015..These patients had the C/C major type inosine triphosphatase (ITPA) polymorphism...
- Role of ITPA and SLC28A2 genes in the prediction of anaemia associated with protease inhibitor plus ribavirin and peginterferon in hepatitis C treatmentJavier Ampuero
Unit for the Clinical Management of Digestive Diseases, Valme University Hospital and CIBERehd, Sevilla, Spain
J Clin Virol 68:56-60. 2015..Anaemia is a common side-effect of ribavirin (RBV) use that overwhelms management of hepatitis C when protease inhibitors are added...
- Frequency of ITPA gene polymorphisms in Iranian patients with acute lymphoblastic leukemia and prediction of its myelosuppressive effectsFatemeh Azimi
Molecular Medicine and Genetics Departments, Faculty of Medicine, Zanjan University of Medical Sciences, Zanjan, Iran
Leuk Res 39:1048-54. 2015..b>Inosine triphosphate pyrophosphohydrolase (ITPA) is an enzyme involved in 6-MP metabolic pathway that convert the inosine triphosphate (..
- Modeling Ribavirin-Induced Anemia in Patients with Chronic Hepatitis C VirusL S Wu
University of Southern California, Biomedical Engineering Los Angeles California USA
CPT Pharmacometrics Syst Pharmacol 5:65-73. 2016..Inosine triphosphatase (ITPA) and interleukin 28B (IL28B) genetics were found to be significant covariates...
- Correlations between behavior, memory, sleep-wake and melatonin in Williams-Beuren syndromeStella Donadon Santoro
Sao Paulo State University UNESP, Marilia, SP, Brazil
Physiol Behav 159:14-9. 2016..scale for auditory memory, the visual sequential memory subtest of the Illinois Test of Psycholinguistic Abilities (ITPA) and the Sleep Disturbance Scale for Children (SDSC)...
- Severe 6-mercaptopurine-induced hematotoxicity in childhood an ALL patient with homozygous NUDT15 missence variantsShunsuke Kimura
Department of Pediatrics, St Luke s International Hospital
Rinsho Ketsueki 57:748-53. 2016..for 6MP-associated myelotoxicity and found homozygous NUDT15 variant alleles and a heterozygous inosine triphosphate pyrophosphatase (ITPA) variant allele...
- A disease spectrum for ITPA variation: advances in biochemical and clinical researchNicholas E Burgis
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Eastern Washington University, 226 Science Building, Cheney, WA, 99004, USA
J Biomed Sci 23:73. 2016Human ITPase (encoded by the ITPA gene) is a protective enzyme which acts to exclude noncanonical (deoxy)nucleoside triphosphates ((d)NTPs) such as (deoxy)inosine 5'-triphosphate ((d)ITP), from (d)NTP pools...
- Inosine Triphosphate Pyrophosphohydrolase Expression: Decreased in Leukocytes of HIV-Infected Patients Using Combination Antiretroviral TherapyN Chantal Peltenburg
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, the Netherlands Department of Clinical Chemistry and Hematology, Zuyderland Medical Center, Heerlen, the Netherlands Department of Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, the Netherlands Departments of Medical Microbiology Internal Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, Research School Caphri, Maastricht University Medical Center, Maastricht, The Netherlands Department of Clinical Genetics, Maastricht University Medical Centre, Maastricht, the Netherlands and Department of Medical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 73:390-395. 2016In HIV-infected patients, the enzyme Inosine triphosphate pyrophosphohydrolase (ITPase), involved in purine nucleotide homeostasis, was found to be decreased in erythrocytes...
- ITPA polymorphism correlates with the reductions in hemoglobin concentration and ribavirin dose during sofosbuvir and ribavirin therapyRitsuzo Kozuka
Department of Hepatology, Osaka City University Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka, Japan
J Gastroenterol Hepatol . 2017It is unclear whether polymorphism in the inosine triphosphatase (ITPA) gene correlates with the reduction in hemoglobin (Hb) concentrations during sofosbuvir (SOF) and ribavirin (RBV) therapy...
- Determination of inosine 5'-monophosphate dehydrogenase activity in red blood cells of thiopurine-treated patients using HPLCAudrey Beringer
Universite de Lyon, Universite Lyon 1, UMR CNRS 5305, Pharmacie Clinique, Pharmacocinétique et Évaluation du Médicament, Lyon, France Hospices civils de Lyon, Groupement Hospitalier Edouard Herriot, Laboratoire de Biologie Médicale Multi Sites du CHU de Lyon, unité de Pharmacocinétique Clinique, Lyon, France
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci . 2017..The potential implication of other enzymes involved in thiopurine metabolism, such as ITPA, has been investigated over the last decade but little data is available on inosine 5'-monophosphate dehydrogenase (..
- Localization of the inosine triphosphatase locus (Itp) on chromosome 2 of the mouseB A Taylor
Biochem Genet 25:267-74. 1987..The mapping of Itp on chromosome 2 identifies a chromosomal segment that has been conserved since the divergence of lineages leading to mouse and man...
- [Higher brain dysfunction in benign childhood epilepsy with centrotemporal spike and atypical benign partial epilepsy of childhood]Junri Hattori
Department of Child Neurology, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine and Dentistry, Okayama
No To Hattatsu 34:484-90. 2002..K-ABC), Wechsler intelligence scales for children-revised (WISC-R), Illinois test of psycholinguistic abilities (ITPA), Benton visual retention test (BVRT), Token test, calculation, figure copying task, letter copying task, line ..
- Analysis of human ITPase nucleobase specificity by site-directed mutagenesisAmanda D Gall
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Eastern Washington University, 226 Science Building, Cheney, WA 99004, USA
Biochimie 95:1711-21. 2013Inosine triphosphate (ITP) pyrophosphohydrolase, or ITPase, is an intracellular enzyme that is responsible for the hydrolysis of the acidic anhydride bond between the alpha and beta phosphates in ITP, and other noncanonical nucleoside ..
- The impact of inosine triphosphatase variants on hemoglobin level and sustained virologic response of chronic hepatitis C in KoreanJu Seung Kim
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, Gachon University, Gil Medical Center, Incheon, Korea
J Korean Med Sci 28:1213-9. 2013rs1127354, rs7270101) gene cause ITPA deficiency and protect against the hemolytic toxicity of ribavirin...
- Inosine triphosphatase deficiency helps predict anaemia, anaemia management and response in chronic hepatitis C therapyP J Clark
GI Hepatology, Duke Clinical Research Institute, Durham, NC, USA Princess Alexandra Hospital, Brisbane, QLD, Australia Queensland Institute of Medical Research, Brisbane, QLD, Australia
J Viral Hepat 20:858-66. 2013..Inosine triphosphatase (ITPA) genetic variants are associated with ribavirin-induced anaemia and dose reduction; however, their impact in real-..
- The role of viral and host genetics in natural history and treatment of chronic HCV infectionJoseph S Doyle
Centre for Population Health, Burnet Institute, 85 Commercial Road, Melbourne, VIC 3004, Australia
Best Pract Res Clin Gastroenterol 26:413-27. 2012..treatment outcome: IL28B polymorphism is associated with spontaneous clearance and treatment responsiveness; ITPA polymorphism protects against ribavirin-induced anaemia and dose reductions; genetic determinants of liver fibrosis ..
- Allelic inhibition of displacement activity: a simplified one tube allele-specific PCR for evaluation of ITPA polymorphismsE Galmozzi
First Division of Gastroenterology, Fondazione IRCCS Ca Granda Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Milan, Italy
J Virol Methods 187:271-3. 2013..infection have identified two functional single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in the inosine triphosphatase (ITPA) gene, that are associated strongly and independently with hemolytic anemia in patients exposed to pegylated-..
- A novel multiparameter flow cytometric assay for inosine triphosphatase expression analysis in leukocytesWim H M Vroemen
Department of Clinical Chemistry and Hematology, Atrium Medical Center Parkstad, Heerlen, The Netherlands
Cytometry A 81:672-8. 2012The aim of this study was to assess inosine triphosphate (ITPase) expression in the different leukocyte populations present in peripheral blood samples of a nonimmune compromised control group...
- Genetic variants at the ITPA locus protect against ribavirin-induced hemolytic anemia and dose reduction in an HCV G2/G3 cohortArne Nørgaard Eskesen
Department of Infectious Diseases, Medical Division, Akershus University Hospital, Lørenskog, Norway
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 24:890-6. 2012Two functional genetic variants in the inosine triphosphatase (ITPA) gene have been shown to be strongly associated with protection from ribavirin (RBV)-induced hemolysis...
- Genomic variation-guided management in chronic hepatitis CChing Sheng Hsu
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, Buddhist Tzu Chi General Hospital, Taipei Branch, Taiwan
Expert Rev Gastroenterol Hepatol 6:497-506. 2012..Following these studies, ITPA gene variants were reported to affect ribavirin-induced anemia and therapeutic outcomes of CHC patients...
- The Fagan Test of Infant Intelligence: predictive validity in a random sampleH W Andersson
Department of Psychology, University of Trondheim, Dragvoll, Norway
Psychol Rep 78:1015-26. 1996..Scale of Intelligence-Revised (WPPSI-R) and three subtests from the Illinois Test of Psycholinguistic Abilities (ITPA). Low internal consistency of the Fagan test was found, with alphas of .10 and .02 for the two study sites...
- [Basic patterns of learning disability: follow-up study of very low birth weight children]M Ishikawa
Nagoya City District Care Center for Disabled Children
No To Hattatsu 31:229-36. 1999..mental development of VLBW without major handicap was investigated using several neuropsychological tests (ITPA, BGT, WISC-R) suitable for their ages...
- Identification of an ITPase/XTPase in Escherichia coli by structural and biochemical analysisJimin Zheng
Department of Biochemistry, Queen s University, Kingston, Ontario K7L 3N6, Canada
Structure 13:1511-20. 2005..The enzymatic activity of YjjX as an inosine/xanthosine triphosphatase provides evidence for a plausible protection mechanism by clearing the noncanonical nucleotides from the cell during oxidative stress in E. coli...
- Pharmacogenetics during standardised initiation of thiopurine treatment in inflammatory bowel diseaseU Hindorf
Department of Clinical Sciences, Division of Gastroenterology, Faculty of Medicine, Lund University, 22185 Lund, Sweden
Gut 55:1423-31. 2006..Firm recommendations about the way thiopurine drugs are introduced and the use of thiopurine methyltransferase (TPMT) and metabolite measurements during treatment in inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) are lacking...
- Linguistic features of Japanese twins at 3 or 4 years of age evaluated by Illinois test of psycholinguistic abilitiesYoko Kobayashi
Department of Health Promotion Science, Faculty of Health Science Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka University, Osaka, Japan
Twin Res Hum Genet 9:272-8. 2006..A Japanese version of the Illinois Test of Psycholinguistic Abilities (ITPA) was administered in 24 twin pairs (aged 3 to 4 years) at their own homes...
- No induction of thiopurine methyltransferase during thiopurine treatment in inflammatory bowel diseaseM Lindqvist
Department of Medicine and Care, Division of Clinical Pharmacology, Faculty of Health Sciences, Linkoping University, Linkoping, Sweden
Nucleosides Nucleotides Nucleic Acids 25:1033-7. 2006..gene expression and enzyme activity and thiopurine metabolite concentrations, and to study the role of TPMT and ITPA 94C > A polymorphisms for the development of adverse drug reactions...
- Reliability and validity issues related to interactive tailored patient assessments: a case studyCornelia M Ruland
Center for Shared Decision Making and Nursing Research, Rikshospitalet Medical Center, Oslo, Norway
J Med Internet Res 9:e22. 2007Recently there has been a proliferation of interactive tailored patient assessment (ITPA) tools...
- Molecular basis of the antimutagenic activity of the house-cleaning inosine triphosphate pyrophosphatase RdgB from Escherichia coliAlexei Savchenko
Banting and Best Department of Medical Research and Ontario Center for Structural Proteomics, University of Toronto, 112 College Street, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 1L6
J Mol Biol 374:1091-103. 2007..Here we present the 1.5-A-resolution crystal structure of the inosine triphosphate pyrophosphatase RdgB from Escherichia coli in a free state and in complex with a substrate (ITP+Ca(2+)) or a ..
- Inosine triphosphate pyrophosphatase 94C>A polymorphism: clinical implications for patients with systemic lupus erythematosus treated with azathioprineKoujirou Yamamoto
Gunma University Graduate School of Medicine, Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Maebashi, Japan
Expert Opin Drug Saf 9:447-57. 2010..Under AZA therapy, inosine triphosphate pyrophosphatase (ITPA) deficiency presumably leads to accumulation of unusual thioinosine metabolites with the ..
- Common genetic polymorphism of ITPA gene affects ribavirin-induced anemia and effect of peg-interferon plus ribavirin therapyTakahiro Azakami
Laboratory for Digestive Diseases, Center for Genomic Medicine, RIKEN, Hiroshima, Japan
J Med Virol 83:1048-57. 2011An association between a single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) in the inosine triphosphate pyrophosphatase (ITPA) gene and reduction of hemoglobin during peg-interferon plus ribavirin combination therapy for patients with chronic hepatitis ..
- The impact of human gene polymorphisms on HCV infection and disease outcomeEsperance A K Schaefer
GI Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, 55 Fruit Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Semin Liver Dis 31:375-86. 2011..b>ITPA is a gene on chromosome 20, coding for inosine triphosphatase, and polymorphisms on this gene have been associated ..
- Ribavirin depletes endogenous nucleotide poolsJENNIFER JUSTICE KISER; Fiscal Year: 2013..the red blood and peripheral blood mononuclear cells of HCV-infected patients on ribavirin-based treatment across ITPA activity phenotype groups and (2) to determine associations between endogenous purine depletion and virologic ..
- A Parallel High-Throughput Pharmacogenetic Profiling Assay for Clinical UseGao Chen; Fiscal Year: 2009..detector to decode and detect fluorescence one by one;(3) developed multiplex PCR for P450 (CYP2A7), KCNA5 and ITPase, and bead hybridization;and (4) evaluated the SNP genotyping assay using multiplex PCR amplified sequences...