Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ITM2B
Description: integral membrane protein 2B
Alias: ABRI, BRI, BRI2, BRICD2B, E25B, E3-16, FBD, RDGCA, imBRI2, integral membrane protein 2B, ABri/ADan amyloid peptide, BRICHOS domain containing 2B, immature BRI2, transmembrane protein BRI
Publications193 found, 100 shown here
- A stop-codon mutation in the BRI gene associated with familial British dementiaR Vidal
Department of Pathology, New York University School of Medicine, New York 10016, USA
Nature 399:776-81. 1999..Here we report the identification of a unique 4K protein subunit named ABri from isolated amyloid fibrils...
- Furin mediates enhanced production of fibrillogenic ABri peptides in familial British dementiaS H Kim
Department of Neurobiology, Pharmacology and Physiology, The University of Chicago, Abbott 316, 947 East 58th Street, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
Nat Neurosci 2:984-8. 1999..The mutant gene encodes BRI-L, the precursor of ABri peptides that accumulate in amyloid deposits in FBD brain...
- A decamer duplication in the 3' region of the BRI gene originates an amyloid peptide that is associated with dementia in a Danish kindredR Vidal
Department of Pathology, New York University School of Medicine, New York 10016, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 97:4920-5. 2000..N-terminal sequence analysis of isolated leptomeningeal amyloid fibrils revealed homology to ABri, the peptide originated by a point mutation at the stop codon of gene BRI in familial British dementia...
- Axonal transport of British and Danish amyloid peptides via secretory vesiclesSeung Il Choi
Department of Pathology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York, USA
FASEB J 18:373-5. 2004..British and Danish neurodegenerative disorders are generated by processing mutant forms of the precursor protein BRI2. Although the pathogenic process that leads to deposition of amyloid in the brains of patients has been studied ..
- The familial dementia BRI2 gene binds the Alzheimer gene amyloid-beta precursor protein and inhibits amyloid-beta productionShuji Matsuda
Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
J Biol Chem 280:28912-6. 2005..Here, we show that BRI2, a type II membrane protein, interacts with A(beta)PP...
- BRI2 interacts with amyloid precursor protein (APP) and regulates amyloid beta (Abeta) productionAngeliki Fotinopoulou
Division of Animal and Human Physiology, Department of Biology, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, 157 84 Panepistimiopolis, Ilisia, Athens, Greece
J Biol Chem 280:30768-72. 2005Transmembrane proteins BRI2 and amyloid precursor protein (APP) co-localize with amyloid beta (Abeta) lesions in sporadic Alzheimer disease and mutations in both precursor proteins are linked to early-onset familial cases of cerebral ..
- Regulated intramembrane proteolysis of Bri2 (Itm2b) by ADAM10 and SPPL2a/SPPL2bLucas Martin
Center for Integrated Protein Science Munich and Adolf Butenandt Institute, Department of Biochemistry, Laboratory for Neurodegenerative Disease Research, Ludwig Maximilians University, 80336 Munich, Germany
J Biol Chem 283:1644-52. 2008..Here we demonstrate that Bri2 (Itm2b), a type II-oriented transmembrane protein associated with familial British and Danish dementia, undergoes ..
- Substrate requirements for SPPL2b-dependent regulated intramembrane proteolysisLucas Martin
Center for Integrated Protein Science Munich and Adolf Butenandt Institute, Department of Biochemistry, Laboratory for Neurodegenerative Disease Research, Ludwig Maximilians University, 80336 Munich, Germany
J Biol Chem 284:5662-70. 2009..We demonstrate that similar to gamma-secretase substrates, intramembrane proteolysis of Bri2 (Itm2b) is greatly facilitated by an initial shedding event mediated by ADAM-10...
- BRI3 inhibits amyloid precursor protein processing in a mechanistically distinct manner from its homologue dementia gene BRI2Shuji Matsuda
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 1046, USA
J Biol Chem 284:15815-25. 2009..we show that BRI3, a member of the BRI gene family that includes the familial British and Danish dementia gene BRI2, interacts with APP and serves as an endogenous negative regulator of Abeta production...
- Memory deficits due to familial British dementia BRI2 mutation are caused by loss of BRI2 function rather than amyloidosisRobert Tamayev
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
J Neurosci 30:14915-24. 2010..FBD is caused by a missense mutation at the stop codon of the BRI2 gene (Vidal et al...
- APP heterozygosity averts memory deficit in knockin mice expressing the Danish dementia BRI2 mutantRobert Tamayev
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY, USA
EMBO J 30:2501-9. 2011An autosomal dominant mutation in the BRI2/ITM2B gene causes familial Danish dementia (FDD)...
- Expression of BRI, the normal precursor of the amyloid protein of familial British dementia, in human brainHaruhiko Akiyama
Tokyo Institute of Psychiatry, 2 1 8 Kamikitazawa, Setagaya Ku, 156 8585, Tokyo, Japan
Acta Neuropathol 107:53-8. 2004..British dementia (FBD) is characterized neuropathologically by deposition of a unique amyloid-forming protein, ABri. It is a fragment of an abnormal form of a precursor protein, BRI...
- [Hereditary cerebral amyloid angiopathies]F Gray
Laboratoire de Neuropathologie, Hopital Raymond Poincare, Paris
Rev Neurol (Paris) 157:1207-17. 2001..g. beta-amyloid, cystatin C, transthyretin, gelsolin, amyloid protein Bri, prion protein)...
- Giant syncytia and virus-like particles in ovarian carcinoma cells isolated from ascites fluidE M Rakowicz-Szulczynska
Departments of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, Nebraska 68198 3255, USA
Clin Diagn Lab Immunol 6:115-26. 1999..stained with an anti-human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) gp120 monoclonal antibody (MAb) and MAb RAK-BrI. Both MAbs recognized cancer-associated antigens RAK (for Rakowicz markers) p120, p42, and p25...
- Identification of heat shock protein 5, calnexin and integral membrane protein 2B as Adam7-interacting membrane proteins in mouse spermCecil Han
School of Life Sciences, Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology, Gwangju, Korea
J Cell Physiol 226:1186-95. 2011..analysis revealed that Adam7 forms complexes with calnexin (Canx), heat shock protein 5 (Hspa5), and integral membrane protein 2B (Itm2b)...
- Differential expression and regulation of integral membrane protein 2b in rat male reproductive tissuesDeivendran Rengaraj
College of Life Science, Xiamen University, Xiamen 361005, China
Asian J Androl 10:503-11. 2008To examine the expression and regulation of integral membrane protein 2b (Itm2b) in rat male reproductive tissues during sexual maturation and under different treatments by in situ hybridization.
- Bile reflux index after therapeutic biliary proceduresSedef Kuran
Gastroenterology Department, Turkiye Yuksek Ihtisas Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
BMC Gastroenterol 8:4. 2008..Patients are potential "bile refluxers". The aim of this study was to assess how these procedures affect the histology-based bile reflux index (BRI), which can be used to reflect duodenogastric reflux (DGR).
- Cerebral amyloid angiopathies: a pathologic, biochemical, and genetic viewTamas Revesz
Queen Square Brain Bank, Department of Molecular Neuroscience and Division of Neuropathology, Institute of Neurology, University College London, London, United Kingdom
J Neuropathol Exp Neurol 62:885-98. 2003..of the Gerstmann-Sträussler-Scheinker syndrome, and 5) ABri and ADan in CAAs observed in the recently described BRI2 gene-related dementias, familial British dementia and familial Danish dementia, respectively...
- Cerebral amyloid angiopathy and gene polymorphismsMasahito Yamada
Department of Neurology and Neurobiology of Aging, Kanazawa University Graduate School of Medical Science, 13 1, Takara machi, Kanazawa 920 8640, Japan
J Neurol Sci 226:41-4. 2004..in association with various amyloid proteins including amyloid beta protein (Abeta), cystatin C, prion protein, ABri/ADan, transthyretin, and gelsolin...
- Trabeculectomy with mitomycin-C in the treatment of pediatric glaucomasP A Sidoti
Department of Ophthalmology, The New York Eye and Ear Infirmary, New York 10003, USA
Ophthalmology 107:422-9. 2000..To evaluate the effectiveness and safety of trabeculectomy with mitomycin-C (MMC) in the management of childhood glaucomas...
- Herbal formula FBD extracts prevented brain injury and inflammation induced by cerebral ischemia-reperfusionZhihong Lin
Department of Chinese Medicinal Prescription, China Pharmaceutical University, Nanjing, PR China
J Ethnopharmacol 118:140-7. 2008The aim of this work was to verify neuroprotective and anti-inflammatory properties of FBD, a herbal formula composed of Poria cocos, Atractylodes macrocephala and Angelica sinensis, in ICR mice subjected to repetitive 10 min of common ..
- Bile reflux gastritis and intestinal metaplasia at the cardiaM F Dixon
Academic Unit of Pathology, University of Leeds, UK
Gut 51:351-5. 2002..reflux brings about histological changes in the gastric mucosa that can be graded and used to calculate a bile reflux index (BRI). We used the BRI to assess whether reflux of bile plays a part in the development of cardia IM.
- Investigation of three new mouse mammary tumor cell lines as models for transforming growth factor (TGF)-beta and Neu pathway signaling studies: identification of a novel model for TGF-beta-induced epithelial-to-mesenchymal transitionAnne E G Lenferink
Receptor, Signaling and Proteomics Group, National Research Council, Biotechnology Research Institute, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Breast Cancer Res 6:R514-30. 2004..mouse mammary tumor virus)/activated Neu + TbetaRII-AS (transforming growth factor [TGF]-beta type II receptor antisense RNA) bigenic mice (BRI-JM01 and BRI-JM05 cell lines) and MMTV/activated Neu transgenic mice (BRI-JM04 cell line).
- Sporadic and familial cerebral amyloid angiopathiesTamas Revesz
Queen Square Brain Bank, Department of Molecular Pathogenesis, University College London, UK
Brain Pathol 12:343-57. 2002..meningo-vascular amyloidoses, gelsolin as well as familial prion disease-related CAAs and the recently described BRI2 gene-related CAAs in familial British dementia and familial Danish dementia...
- The clinical course of postinfectious irritable bowel syndrome: a five-year follow-up studyIn Su Jung
Department of Internal Medicine, Yonsei Institute of Gastroenterology, Yongdong Severance Hospital, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
J Clin Gastroenterol 43:534-40. 2009..Bacterial gastroenteritis has been known to be a risk factor for IBS. We investigated the clinical course, risk factors, and prognosis of postinfectious IBS (PI-IBS) 5 years after Shigella infection...
- Cerebral amyloid angiopathy: an overviewM Yamada
Department of Neurology, Kanazawa University School of Medicine, Japan
Neuropathology 20:8-22. 2000..amyloid beta-protein (Abeta), cystatin C (ACys), prion protein (AScr), transthyretin (ATTR), gelsolin (AGel), and ABri (or A-WD)) have been identified, leading to the classification of several types of CAA...
- Cerebral amyloid angiopathy and parenchymal amyloid deposition in transgenic mice expressing the Danish mutant form of human BRI2Ruben Vidal
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, USA
Brain Pathol 19:58-68. 2009..FDD is caused by a 10-nucleotide duplication-insertion in the BRI(2) gene that generates a larger-than-normal precursor protein, of which the Danish amyloid subunit (ADan) comprises ..
- Isolation of small-sized human epidermal progenitor/stem cells by Gravity Assisted Cell Sorting (GACS)Yasushi Fujimori
Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0654, USA
J Dermatol Sci 56:181-7. 2009..Small diameter characterizes epidermal progenitor/stem cells. We have developed Gravity Assisted Cell Sorting (GACS) to simply enrich small-sized epidermal progenitor/stem cells...
- Symptom patterns and relative distribution of functional bowel disorders in 1,023 gastroenterology patients in IranDelnaz Roshandel
Research Center for Gastroenterology and Liver Diseases, Shaheed Beheshti University of Medical Sciences, Taleghani Hospital, Parvaneh Street, Velenjak, Tehran, Iran
Int J Colorectal Dis 21:814-25. 2006There are scanty data on functional bowel disorder (FBD) patterns in Iran. This first-time study tried to provide preliminary data on relative distribution of different types of FBD and their symptom patterns in Iranian patients.
- Bile reflux gastritis and Barrett's oesophagus: further evidence of a role for duodenogastro-oesophageal reflux?M F Dixon
Academic Unit of Pathology, University of Leeds, Leeds, UK
Gut 49:359-63. 2001..There is increasing evidence that reflux of bile plays a part in the pathogenesis of Barrett's oesophagus. Bile injury to the gastric mucosa results in a "chemical" gastritis in which oedema and intestinal metaplasia are prominent...
- A new approach to the diagnosis of children's urolithiasis based on the Bonn Risk IndexTadeusz Porowski
First Department of Pediatrics, Medical University of Bialystok, Bialystok, Poland
Pediatr Nephrol 23:1123-8. 2008..The aims of this study were to determine CaOx crystallization using the Bonn Risk Index (BRI) in children with urolithiasis in comparison to healthy controls, to evaluate the relationships between BRI and ..
- ["Sick building syndrome"--a new problem of occupational medicine]T Wittczak
Klinika Chorób Zawodowych Instytut Medycyny Pracy, Łódź
Med Pr 52:369-73. 2001..This term or another one "building-related illness" (BRI) is used to define illnesses related to non-industrial and non-residential buildings, mainly modern offices, in ..
- Pyroglutamate formation influences solubility and amyloidogenicity of amyloid peptidesDagmar Schlenzig
Probiodrug AG, Weinbergweg 22, 06120 Halle Saale, Germany
Biochemistry 48:7072-8. 2009..Similarly, the deposited amyloid peptides ABri and ADan, which cause a very similar histopathology in familial British dementia (FBD) and familial Danish dementia ..
- Genetic diversity among Toxoplasma gondii isolates of small ruminants from Brazil: novel genotypes revealedAlessandra M A Ragozo
Departamento de Medicina Veterinaria Preventiva e Saude Animal, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Av Prof Dr Orlando Marques de Paiva, 87, Cidade Universitaria, CEP 05508 270, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Vet Parasitol 170:307-12. 2010..gondii isolates. Eight isolates (4 from sheep and 4 from goats) were grouped into the common clonal type BrI lineage. One sheep isolate was grouped to the type BrIII lineage...
- Expression of intracellular cytokines, HSP72, and apoptosis in monocyte subsets during exertional heat stress in trained and untrained individualsG A Selkirk
Defence R and D Canada Toronto, 1133 Sheppard Ave E, Toronto, ON, Canada M3M 3B9
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 296:R575-86. 2009..TNF-alpha, IL-1beta, IL-6, IL-1ra, and IL-10) in CD14(++)CD16(-)/CD14(+)CD16(+) and HSP72/apoptosis in CD14(Bri)/CD14(Dim) subsets. In addition, serum levels of extracellular (e)HSP72 were also examined...
- Familial British dementia: colocalization of furin and ABri amyloidClaudia Schwab
Kinsmen Laboratory of Neurological Research, University of British Columbia, 2255 Wesbrook Mall, Vancouver, BC, V6T 1Z3, Canada
Acta Neuropathol 106:278-84. 2003..The abnormal C-terminal fragment, ABri, accumulates in FBD in the form of extracellular amyloid deposits...
- Probing the relationship between interfacial concentrations and lipase activity in cationic W/O microemulsions: a quantitative study by chemical trappingAntara Dasgupta
Department of Biological Chemistry and Center for Advanced Materials, Indian Association for the Cultivation of Science, Jadavpur, Kolkata 700032, India
Langmuir 23:4137-43. 2007..The interfacial concentrations of water ([H2Oi]), bromide ([Bri-]), and n-hexanol ([HexOHi]) were estimated in the W/O microemulsions of six surfactants with varying headgroup ..
- Automated measurement and calibration of reactive volatile halogenated organic compounds in the atmosphereDavid J Wevill
Department of Chemistry, University of York, Heslington, York, YO10 5DD UK
Analyst 129:634-8. 2004..organic halocarbons CH(3)I, CHCl(3), C(2)H(5)I, 2-C(3)H(7)I, CH(2)Br(2), CH(2)ClI, CHBr(2)Cl, 1-C(3)H(7)I, CH(2)BrI, CHBr(3) and CH(2)I(2) for long term atmospheric field measurements are described...
- [Epidemiological study of functional bowel disorders in Iceland]Linda B Olafsdóttir
Iceland University Hospital, Hringbraut, 101 Reykjavik, Iceland
Laeknabladid 91:329-33. 2005The aim of the present study was to evaluate the prevalence of functional bowel disorders (FBD) in a population-based sample and to assess FBD-related health care seeking and medication in Iceland.
- Characterization of health related quality of life (HRQOL) for patients with functional bowel disorder (FBD) and its response to treatmentDouglas Drossman
The UNC Center for Functional GI and Motility Disorders, Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 102:1442-53. 2007..little information is available on the performance of HRQOL questionnaires for the functional bowel disorders (FBD)...
- Detecting points as developmental delay based on the life-history development and urosome deformity of the harpacticoid copepod, Tigriopus japonicus sensu lato, following exposure to benzo(a)pyreneHyun Woo Bang
Division of Marine Technology, Chonnam National University, Yeosu 550 749, Republic of Korea
Chemosphere 76:1435-9. 2009..male emergence day (AMED), sex ratio (MER), brooding success rate (BSR), and first brooding day of adult females (FBD) were measured...
- Between celiac disease and irritable bowel syndrome: the "no man's land" of gluten sensitivityElena F Verdu
Farncombe Family Digestive Health Research Institute, Department of Medicine, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Am J Gastroenterol 104:1587-94. 2009..It explores the hypothesis that, in a proportion of patients, GS causes functional bowel disorder (FBD)-like symptoms...
- Modulation of GDF5/BRI-b signalling through interaction with the tyrosine kinase receptor Ror2Marei Sammar
Department of Physiological Chemistry, Biocenter, University of Wurzburg, Germany
Genes Cells 9:1227-38. 2004..of the BMP/TGF-beta ligand family, cause brachydactyly type C (BDC) whereas mutations in the receptor for GDF5, BRI-b, cause brachydactyly type A2 (BDA2)...
- [13q14 aberration is related to the metastatic potential of human NSCLC]Yun Huang
Laboratory of Medical Genetics, Harbin Medical University, Harbin 150086, China
Yi Chuan 27:531-4. 2005..b>BRI gene showed different expression levels in the cell lines as revealed by mRNA differential display (mRNA DD) in the ..
- CD74 interacts with APP and suppresses the production of AbetaShuji Matsuda
Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Department of Microbiology and Immunology, 1300 Morris Park Avenue, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Mol Neurodegener 4:41. 2009..Abeta is cleaved off from amyloid precursor protein (APP) with consecutive proteolytic processing by beta-secretase and gamma-secretase...
- Investigation of the effect of military stress on the prevalence of functional bowel disordersXian Zhao Yu
Department of Gastroenterology, General Hospital of Chinese People s Armed Police Forces, Beijing 100039, China
World J Gastroenterol 18:3004-7. 2012To investigate the morbidity of functional bowel disorders (FBD) under military stress conditions in order to lay foundations for the prevention and treatment of this disease.
- Proteolytic processing of familial British dementia-associated BRI variants: evidence for enhanced intracellular accumulation of amyloidogenic peptidesSeong Hun Kim
Department of Neurobiology, Pharmacology and Physiology, The University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
J Biol Chem 277:1872-7. 2002..The mutant genes encode BRI-L and BRI-D, the precursors of fibrillogenic ABri and ADan peptides, respectively...
- Laxative and anti-diarrheal activity of polycarbophil in mice and ratsTakaharu Saito
Research and Development Headquarters, Hokuriku Seiyaku, CO, Ltd, Katsuyama, Fukui, Japan
Jpn J Pharmacol 89:133-41. 2002..an insoluble hydrophilic polymer, in comparison with other agents used for treating functional bowel disorder (FBD). In naive rats, polycarbophil (500 mg/kg) increased fecal weight and water contents without producing diarrhea...
- Variability in the identification and enumeration of marine benthic invertebrate samples and its effect on benthic assessment measuresJ Ananda Ranasinghe
Southern California Coastal Water Research Project, 7171 Fenwick Lane, Westminster, CA 92683 5218, USA
Environ Monit Assess 81:199-206. 2003..7%. Paired t-tests were used to test for differences in the Benthic Response Index (BRI), total abundance, numbers of taxa, and the Shannon-Wiener index between the original and the reanalysis data...
- Influence of ursodeoxycholate-enriched diet on liver tumor growth in HBV transgenic miceMichele Barone
Section of Gastroenterology, Department of Emergency and Organ Transplantation, University of Bari, Bari, Italy
Hepatology 37:880-6. 2003Hepatitis B virus (HBV) transgenic mice (official designation, Tg [Alb-1 HBV] Bri 44) invariably develop macroscopically evident tumors within the 20th month of life...
- Abnormal illness behaviour and locus of control in patients with functional bowel disordersI C A Hobbis
General Practice and Primary Care Research Unit, Institute of Public Health, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
Br J Health Psychol 8:393-408. 2003Psychosocial factors have been examined in functional bowel disorders (FBD), including irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and chronic idiopathic constipation (CIC)...
- Determination of the calcium oxalate crystallization risk from urine samples: the BONN Risk Index in comparison to other risk formulasNorbert Laube
Division of Experimental Urology, Department of Urology, University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany
J Urol 172:355-9. 2004..We evaluated the BONN Risk Index (BRI) through data actualization and evaluation refinement...
- LPS regulates a set of genes in primary murine macrophages by antagonising CSF-1 actionDavid P Sester
Cooperative Research Centre for Chronic Inflammatory Diseases, Institute for Molecular Bioscience, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Queensland 4072, Australia
Immunobiology 210:97-107. 2005..By real time PCR we confirmed that the expression of a selection of these genes, including integral membrane protein 2B (itm2b), receptor activity-modifying protein 2 (ramp2) and macrophage-specific gene 1 (mpg-1), were ..
- Genetic evidence for female-biased dispersal and gene flow in a polygynous primateRobert L Hammond
Department of Ecology and Evolution, University of Lausanne, Biology Building, Lausanne 1015, Switzerland
Proc Biol Sci 273:479-84. 2006..all polygynous mammals show male-biased dispersal whereas largely monogamous birds show female-biased dispersal (FBD)...
- An oligodendroglial progenitor cell line FBD-102b possibly secretes a radial glia-inducing factorMakoto Horiuchi
Department of Biological Science and Technology, and Tissue Engineering Research Center, Tokyo University of Science, 2641 Yamazaki, Noda City, Chiba 278 8510, Japan
Neurosci Res 56:213-9. 2006Interactions between oligodendroglial and astroglial lineages during development are still unclear. In this study, FBD-102b, derived from p53-/- fetal brains, was characterized as an oligodendroglial progenitor cell (OPC) line...
- Biotechnological war against biofilms. Could phages mean the end of device-related infections?J L del Pozo
Division of Infectious Diseases and Clinical Microbiology, Clinica Universitaria de Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
Int J Artif Organs 30:805-12. 2007..planktonic and sessile bacteria may relate to clinical failures in the treatment of biofilm-related infections (BRI)...
- Many drugs and phytochemicals can be activated to biological reactive intermediatesWilliam W Johnson
Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics, OSI Pharmaceuticals, Boulder, CO 80301, USA
Curr Drug Metab 9:344-51. 2008..Because any consequence of a biological reactive intermediate (BRI) is dependent on many factors a number of BRIs are benign...
- Dose-finding study of anti-CD25 antibody for targeting regulatory T cells in locoregional immunotherapy of malignant effusionMakoto Okawaki
Department of Surgical Oncology, Research Institute for Radiation Biology and Medicine, Hiroshima University, Kasumi 1 2 3, Minami hu, Hiroshima 734 8551, Japan
Hiroshima J Med Sci 57:37-46. 2008..We observed that a low concentration of 0.01 microg/ml basiliximab effectively targeted CD4+CD25(bri) Treg cells while preserving CD4+CD25(dim) activated T cells in vitro...
- Complementary and alternative medicine use and cost in functional bowel disorders: a six month prospective study in a large HMOMiranda A L Van Tilburg
Center for Functional Gastrointestinal and Motility Disorders, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA
BMC Complement Altern Med 8:46. 2008Functional Bowel Disorders (FBD) are chronic disorders that are difficult to treat and manage...
- Enrichment of human beta 1 bri/alpha 6 bri/CD71 dim keratinocytes after culture in defined mediaKatrin Lorenz
University of Leipzig, Biotechnological Biomedical Center, Department of Cell Techniques and Applied Stem Cell Biology, Leipzig, Germany
Cells Tissues Organs 189:382-90. 2009..In addition, the proportion of the alpha(6)(bri)/ CD71(dim)-expressing keratinocyte cell population was enhanced about 35.4 +/- 6...
- Generation and initial characterization of FDD knock in miceLuca Giliberto
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York, USA
PLoS ONE 4:e7900. 2009Mutations in the integral membrane protein 2B, also known as BRI(2), a type II trans-membrane domain protein cause two autosomal dominant neurodegenerative diseases, Familial British and Danish Dementia...
- [Origins determination of Herba Abri cantoniensis and Herba Abri mollis with FTIR combined with fuzzy cluster and curve-fitting]Yi Bing Wang
Lab of Biophysics, Guangxi Academy of Sciences, Nanning 530007, China
Guang Pu Xue Yu Guang Pu Fen Xi 30:937-42. 2010The methods of fuzzy cluster and curve-fitting combined with FTIR were used to determine the origins of Herba Abri cantoniensis and Herba Abri mollis...
- Danish dementia mice suggest that loss of function and not the amyloid cascade causes synaptic plasticity and memory deficitsRobert Tamayev
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:20822-7. 2010..FDD(KI/+) mice present reduced Bri2 levels, impaired synaptic plasticity and severe hippocampal memory deficits...
- Angiointervention: high rates of failure following blunt renal injuriesJay Menaker
Department of Surgery, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Division Trauma Critical Care, R Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center, 22 South Greene Street, T1R60, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
World J Surg 35:520-7. 2011..Recently, angioembolization (AE) has been used to extend NOM. Few data exist on evaluating NOM of blunt renal injuries (BRIs). We sought to determine the overall efficacy of NOM as well as the outcome of AE in patients with BRI.
- Embedded-atom-method interatomic potentials from lattice inversionXiao Jian Yuan
Institute for Applied Physics, University of Science and Technology Beijing, Beijing, People s Republic of China
J Phys Condens Matter 22:375503. 2010..with the experimental data to the same extent as those calculated by other EAM-type potentials such as the FBD-EAM, 2NN MEAM and MS-EAM...
- BRICHOS domain associated with lung fibrosis, dementia and cancer--a chaperone that prevents amyloid fibril formation?Hanna Willander
Department of Anatomy, Physiology and Biochemistry, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Uppsala, Sweden
FEBS J 278:3893-904. 2011..Today BRICHOS has been found in 12 protein families. Mutations in the Bri2 and proSP-C genes result in familial dementia and ILD, respectively, and both these conditions are associated with ..
- Economic burden attributable to functional bowel disorders in Iran: a cross-sectional population-based studyBijan Moghimi-Dehkordi
Research Center for Gastroenterology and Liver Diseases, Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Science, Tehran, Iran
J Dig Dis 12:384-92. 2011While few population-based studies on the economic burden of functional bowel disorders (FBD) have been published from developing countries like Iran, this study aimed to estimate their direct and indirect costs for five groups of ..
- Optimized self nano-emulsifying systems of ezetimibe with enhanced bioavailability potential using long chain and medium chain triglyceridesShantanu Bandyopadhyay
University Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences UGC Centre of Advanced Studies, Panjab University, Chandigarh 160014, India
Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces 100:50-61. 2012..chain triglycerides (LCT's) and medium chain triglycerides (MCT's) of ezetimibe employing Formulation by Design (FbD), and evaluate their in vitro and in vivo performance...
- Chemical and biomarker responses for site-specific quality assessment of the Lake Maggiore (Northern Italy)Marco Parolini
Department of Biosciences, University of Milan, Via Celoria 26, 20133, Milan, Italy
Environ Sci Pollut Res Int 20:5545-57. 2013..on chemical data, a suite of biomarkers and the integration of their responses into a biomarker response index (BRI) to evaluate the site-specific quality assessment in different sampling stations of Lake Maggiore, one of the ..
- Non-transference of biological reference interval of TSH by electrochemiluminescence immunoassay: an Indian population perspectiveRajarshi Sarkar
Department of Biochemistry, Drs Tribedi and Roy Diagnostic Laboratory Pvt Ltd 93 Park St, Kolkata 700016, India
Clin Chim Acta 423:130-4. 2013..been observed on interpretation of the test results when the manufacturer supplied biological reference interval (BRI) criteria were applied...
- The BRICHOS domain, amyloid fibril formation, and their relationshipStefan D Knight
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Uppsala University, 751 05 Uppsala, Sweden
Biochemistry 52:7523-31. 2013..Recent data suggest that recombinant BRICHOS domains from proSP-C and Bri2 (associated with familial dementia and amyloid formation) interact with peptides with a strong propensity to form β..
- Mitochondrial dysfunction induced by a post-translationally modified amyloid linked to a familial mutation in an alternative model of neurodegenerationKrysti Todd
Department of Pathology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1842:2457-67. 2014..FBD is associated with a T to A single nucleotide transition in the stop codon of a gene encoding BRI2, leading to the production of an elongated precursor protein...
- Evaluation of U.S. Poison Center Data for Surveillance of Foodborne DiseaseJoann F Gruber
1 Department of Epidemiology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Foodborne Pathog Dis 12:467-78. 2015Enhancing foodborne disease (FBD) surveillance and improving the timeliness of outbreak detection have been identified as public health priorities...
- Phytosulfokine Regulates Growth in Arabidopsis through a Response Module at the Plasma Membrane That Includes CYCLIC NUCLEOTIDE-GATED CHANNEL17, H+-ATPase, and BAK1Friederike Ladwig
Universitat Tubingen, ZMBP, Plant Physiology, D 72076 Tubingen, Germany
Plant Cell 27:1718-29. 2015..directly with CNGC17, it interacts with the plasma membrane-localized H(+)-ATPases AHA1 and AHA2 and with the BRI-associated receptor kinase 1 (BAK1)...
- Assessment of personal occupational radiation exposures received by nuclear medicine and oncology staff in Punjab (2003-2012)T Zafar
Department of Economics, Government College University, Lahore, Pakistan
Australas Phys Eng Sci Med 38:473-8. 2015..The Film Badge Dosimetry (FBD) technique has been utilized to process over 81,000 films (13,237 workers) concerning the occupationally exposed ..
- A body shape index and body roundness index: two new body indices to identify diabetes mellitus among rural populations in northeast ChinaYe Chang
Department of Cardiology, The First Hospital of China Medical University, 155 Nanjing North Street, Heping District, Shenyang, 110001, People s Republic of China
BMC Public Health 15:794. 2015..Recently, two new anthropometric indices, the A Body Shape Index (ABSI) and Body Roundness Index (BRI) have been developed as possible improved alternatives to BMI and WC...
- Skeletal preservation of children's remains in the archaeological recordB M Manifold
Derby, Derbyshire, United Kingdom Electronic address
Homo 66:520-48. 2015..using the anatomical preservation index (AP1), qualitative bone index (QBI) and the bone representation index (BRI). Also the presence of natural and artificial taphonomic processes was recorded for each skeleton...
- Simultaneous Detection of Flavonoids, Phenolic Acids and Alkaloids in Abri Herba and Abri Mollis Herba using Liquid Chromatography Tandem Mass SpectrometryWenying Yan
Department of Pharmaceutical Analysis, School of Pharmacy, Hebei Medical University, Shijiazhuang, 050017, P R China
Phytochem Anal 27:50-6. 2016b>Abri Herba has remarkable properties, such as cleanup heat detoxification, dampness and activating blood circulation to dissipate blood stasis; as a result, it has been applied to treat acute or chronic hepatitis and mastitis...
- Interaction of ApoE3 and ApoE4 isoforms with an ITM2b/BRI2 mutation linked to the Alzheimer disease-like Danish dementia: Effects on learning and memoryFabrizio Biundo
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York, United States
Neurobiol Learn Mem 126:18-30. 2015Mutations in Amyloid β Precursor Protein (APP) and in genes that regulate APP processing--such as PSEN1/2 and ITM2b/BRI2--cause familial dementia, such Familial Alzheimer disease (FAD), Familial Danish (FDD) and British (FBD) dementias...
- Structure and function of Fbxo7/PARK15 in Parkinson's diseaseSuzanne J Randle
Department of Pathology, University of Cambridge, Tennis Court Road, Cambridge CB2 1QP, UK
Curr Protein Pept Sci . 2016..Parkinson's disease, and these are found within or near to its functional domains, including its F-box domain (FBD), its proline rich region (PRR), and its ubiquitin-like domain (Ubl)...
- Fluoroscopic balloon dilatation for anastomotic strictures in patients with esophageal atresia: A fifteen-year single centre UK experienceArimatias Raitio
Department of Paediatric Surgery, Alder Hey Children s Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, Eaton Road, Liverpool L12 2AP, UK
J Pediatr Surg 51:1426-8. 2016To assess the safety and effectiveness of fluoroscopic balloon dilatation (FBD) in children with esophageal anastomotic stricture after surgical repair of esophageal atresia.
- Psychological needs of patients with functional bowel disorderRosie Odhuba
Pain Management Department, St Peter s Hospital, Surrey
Nurs Stand 26:35-40. 2011Psychological processes have an important role in functional bowel disorder (FBD), with a high incidence of psychological distress experienced by this patient group...
- Cytological behaviour of floral organs and in silico characterization of differentially expressed transcript-derived fragments associated with 'floral bud distortion' in soybeanPrashant B Kale
Biotechnology Centre, Post graduate Institute, Dr Panjabrao Deshmukh Krishi Vidyapeeth, Akola 444 104, India
J Genet 95:787-799. 2016An attempt was made to understand the 'floral bud distortion' (FBD), an unexplored disorder prevailing in soybean...
- Therapeutic Modulation of Gut Microbiota in Functional Bowel DisordersHyo Jeong Lee
Health Screening and Promotion Center, Asan Medical Center, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
J Neurogastroenterol Motil 23:9-19. 2017..irritable bowel syndrome, functional bloating, functional constipation, functional diarrhea, and unspecified FBD. Increasing evidence has emerged of late that intestinal microbiota is involved in the pathogenesis of FBDs...
- Clinical response to tricyclic antidepressants in functional bowel disorders is not related to dosageAlbena Halpert
UNC Center for Functional GI and Motility Disorders, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 100:664-71. 2005..Desipramine (DES) is effective over placebo (PLA) in treating moderate-to-severe functional bowel disorders (FBD)...
- Insulin-degrading enzyme degrades amyloid peptides associated with British and Danish familial dementiaLaura Morelli
Fundacion Instituto Leloir, Instituto de Investigaciones Bioquímicas de Buenos Aires, CONICET, Patricias Argentinas 435, Buenos Aires 1405, Argentina
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 332:808-16. 2005..defects cause the loss of the normal stop codon in the precursor BRI, generating novel 34-residue peptides named ABri and ADan in FBD and FDD, respectively...
- Molecular chaperons, amyloid and preamyloid lesions in the BRI2 gene-related dementias: a morphological studyT Lashley
Queen Square Brain Bank, Department of Molecular Neuroscience, Institute of Neurology, University College London, London, UK
Neuropathol Appl Neurobiol 32:492-504. 2006..In view of the similarities between AD and both familial British dementia (FBD) and familial Danish dementia (FDD), we investigated the presence of AAPs in these two diseases to understand ..
- [Sick building syndrome]Yoram Epstein
Harefuah 147:607-8, 662. 2008..Consequently, health problems related to this ecosystem have emerged. "Building-related illnesses" (BRI) refers to a group of illnesses with a fairly homogeneous clinical picture, objective abnormalities on clinical or ..
- Benzothiazole aniline tetra(ethylene glycol) and 3-amino-1,2,4-triazole inhibit neuroprotection against amyloid peptides by catalase overexpression in vitroAmrutha Chilumuri
Department of Human and Health Sciences and Department of Molecular and Applied Biosciences, Faculty of Science and Technology, University of Westminster, 115 New Cavendish Street, London W1W 6UW, United Kingdom
ACS Chem Neurosci 4:1501-12. 2013..the effects of catalase overexpression in SH-SY5Y neuronal cells on the toxicity of amyloid-β (Aβ), amyloid-Bri (ABri), amyloid-Dan (ADan), amylin (IAPP), and prion protein (PrP) peptides were determined...
- The familial dementia gene revisited: a missense mutation revealed by whole-exome sequencing identifies ITM2B as a candidate gene underlying a novel autosomal dominant retinal dystrophy in a large familyIsabelle Audo
INSERM, U968, Paris F 75012, France
Hum Mol Genet 23:491-501. 2014..Whole-exome sequencing identified a missense variant (c.782A>C, p.Glu261Ala) in ITM2B coding for Integral Membrane Protein 2B, which co-segregates with the disease in this large family and lies within the 24...
- Deletion 16p13.11 uncovers NDE1 mutations on the non-deleted homolog and extends the spectrum of severe microcephaly to include fetal brain disruptionAlex R Paciorkowski
Departments of Neurology, Pediatrics, and Biomedical Genetics, Center for Neural Development and Disease, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Am J Med Genet A 161:1523-30. 2013..patients with severe microcephaly, agenesis of the corpus callosum, scalp rugae, and a fetal brain disruption (FBD)-like phenotype with inherited deletions of 16p13.11...
- Preliminary data on a new opioid risk assessment measure: the Brief Risk InterviewTed Jones
Behavioral Medicine Institute at Pain Consultants of East Tennessee, Knoxville, TN, USA
J Opioid Manag 9:19-27. 2013..and Opioid Assessment for Patients with Pain-Revised, and the new interview rating scale, the Brief Risk Interview (BRI)...
- Abdominal pain localization is associated with non-diarrheic Rome III functional gastrointestinal disordersM Bouchoucha
Service de Physiologie, Universite Rene Descartes, Paris V, Paris, France
Neurogastroenterol Motil 25:686-93. 2013Abdominal pain is common in patients with functional bowel disorders (FBDs). The aim of this study was to characterize the predominant sites of abdominal pain associated with FBD subtypes, as defined by the Rome III criteria.
- PCR-RFLP genotyping of Toxoplasma gondii from chickens from Espírito Santo state, Southeast region, Brazil: new genotypes and a new SAG3 marker alleleH F J Pena
Departamento de Medicina Veterinaria Preventiva e Saude Animal, Faculdade de Medicina Veterinaria e Zootecnia, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Vet Parasitol 192:111-7. 2013..Four isolates, distributed in four counties, corresponded to the Type BrI lineage, the genotype found most frequently in Brazil. No clonal Types I, II or III lineages were found...
- Female-biased dispersal in a bat with a female-defence mating strategyMartina Nagy
Museum für Naturkunde, Leibniz Institute for Research on Evolution and Biodiversity, Invalidenstraße 43, D 10115, Berlin, Germany
Mol Ecol 22:1733-45. 2013The ultimate causes for predominant male-biased dispersal (MBD) in mammals and female-biased dispersal (FBD) in birds are still subject to much debate...
- Critical role for reactive oxygen species in apoptosis induction and cell migration inhibition by diallyl trisulfide, a cancer chemopreventive component of garlicKumar Chandra-Kuntal
Department of Pharmacology and Chemical Biology, University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, 2 32A Hillman Cancer Center Research Pavilion, 5117 Centre Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 138:69-79. 2013..MCF-7 and MDA-MB-231) and a cell line derived from spontaneously developing mammary tumor of a transgenic mouse (BRI-JM04) to DATS resulted in a dose-dependent inhibition of cell viability that was accompanied by apoptosis induction...
- [Bacteriostatic and/or bactericidal extract of Aloe vera gel on cultures of Listeria monocytogenes]Luis Guillermo Ramírez Mérida
Departamento de Biologia, Facultad de Ciencias y Tecnologia, Escuela de Ciencias Biomédicas y Tecnológicas, Instituto de Investigaciones en Nutrición, Universidad de Carabobo, Sede Valencia, Venezuela
Arch Latinoam Nutr 62:73-8. 2012Listeria monocytogenes is a bacteria responsible for food borne diseases (FBD)...
- Abundant pyroglutamate-modified ABri and ADan peptides in extracellular and vascular amyloid deposits in familial British and Danish dementiasAnika Saul
Division of Molecular Psychiatry, Georg August University Goettingen, University Medicine Goettingen, Germany
Neurobiol Aging 34:1416-25. 2013..are progressive neurodegenerative disorders characterized by cerebral deposition of the amyloidogenic peptides ABri and ADan, respectively...
- Inhibition of γ-secretase worsens memory deficits in a genetically congruous mouse model of Danish dementiaRobert Tamayev
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Mol Neurodegener 7:19. 2012A mutation in the BRI2/ITM2b gene causes familial Danish dementia (FDD). BRI2 is an inhibitor of amyloid-β precursor protein (APP) processing, which is genetically linked to Alzheimer's disease (AD) pathogenesis...
- Čerenkov radiation emission and excited luminescence (CREL) sensitivity during external beam radiation therapy: Monte Carlo and tissue oxygenation phantom studiesRongxiao Zhang
Department of Physics and Astronomy, Dartmouth College, Hanover NH 03755, USA
Biomed Opt Express 3:2381-94. 2012..As the fiber-to-beam distance (FBD) varied from 0 to 30 mm, i.e...
- The relation of urinary Tamm-Horsfall-protein on CaOx-crystallization under the scope of the Bonn-Risk-IndexN Laube
Division of Experimental Urology, Department of Urology, Bonn University, Sigmund Freud Strasse 25, 53105 Bonn, Germany
Urol Res 29:45-9. 2001In previous papers we introduced the Bonn-Risk Index (BRI) as a new method of evaluating an individual's actual risk of forming calcium oxalate (CaOx)...
- JORGE A GHISO; Fiscal Year: 2014..Notably, the amyloid subunits isolated from FBD deposits -ABri- and FDD lesions -ADan- are structurally unrelated to the Alzheimer's A[unreadable], a clear indication that ..
- Dementia due to mutations in BRI2;link to Alzheimer's DiseaseRobert Tamayev; Fiscal Year: 2011..We postulated the existence of membrane proteins that bind APP and regulate its processing and have identified BRI2 as an APP ligand...
- Insulin/Insulin receptor modulate APP phosphorylation and dementiaLUCIANO D'ADAMIO; Fiscal Year: 2013..Familial Danish Dementia (FDD), an AD-like neurodegenerative disorders, is due to mutation in the BRI2/ITM2b gene. Interestingly, BRI2 is an inhibitor of APP processing...
- Cerebral Amyloidosis and DementiaJORGE A GHISO; Fiscal Year: 2013..The deposited proteins (ABri in FBD and ADan in FDD), nevertheless, differ from AB in length and in primary structure and yet, all species share ..
- Rachel M Ceballos; Fiscal Year: 2015..program will include participation in the FHCRC and University of Washington Biomedical Research Integrity (BRI) Series, online training in the responsible conduct of research, and formal coursework in Social and Ethical Issues ..
- LUCIANO D'ADAMIO; Fiscal Year: 2015..Familial Danish Dementia (FDD), an AD-like neurodegenerative disorders, is due to mutation in the BRI2/ITM2b gene. Interestingly, BRI2 is an inhibitor of APP processing...
- Jeffrey A Jones; Fiscal Year: 2016..Examination of the TGF-b signaling pathway during TAA development revealed a shift in signaling from a TGF-bRI-mediated pathway to an ALK-1- mediated pathway...
- Thomas M Wisniewski; Fiscal Year: 2016..We hypothesized that through "conformational mimicry" the polymerized ABri peptide could induce a conformation selective immune response that will recognize both A[unreadable] and ..
- Effect of sereted AB40 on the cognitive function in neurodegenerative diseaseNaruhiko Sahara; Fiscal Year: 2010..An AAV construct expressing A[unreadable]40 or A[unreadable]42 peptide fused to the C-terminal end of the BRI protein will be utilized so that we can focus our studies specifically on the A[unreadable]40 or A[unreadable]42 ..
- Shivendra Singh; Fiscal Year: 2016..aims of this project are to: (1) Determine the mechanism of WA-mediated ROS production using MDA-MB-231, MCF-7, BRI-JM04, and MCF-10A cell lines as a model;(2) Determine the mechanism of WA-mediated activation of JNK1/2 using the ..
- The Biochemistry and Physiology of Platelet TFPISUSAN ANTONE MARONEY; Fiscal Year: 2013..Continuous interactions with basic scientists at the Blood Research Institute (BRI) of the Blood Center of Wisconsin and the Medical College of Wisconsin will provide 1) access to experienced ..
- Carole Ober; Fiscal Year: 2015..YKL-40, fractional exhaled nitric oxide (eNO), %predicted FEV1, FEV1/FVC ratio, and bronchial responsiveness index (BRI). We propose to identify genes that are differentially expressed in Hutterites with high vs...
- Providing Core Support for Jr. Faculty for Translational Research in ASDDaniel H Geschwind; Fiscal Year: 2010..center across the large, highly collaborative UCLA neuroscience community overseen by the Brain Research Institute (BRI) and the UCLA medical center...
- C. Elegans Model for Neurodegenerative Diseases of AgingRichard I Morimoto; Fiscal Year: 2010..proteins (Androgen Receptor, Ataxin-3, Huntingtin, mutant SOD1, A2 and related amyloidogenic proteins ADan and ABri, and yeast prions (Sup35)...
- The Science of Medicare ReformDANA P contact GOLDMAN; Fiscal Year: 2010..Medicare Part D market;2) Understand competition in the Medicare Part D marketplace;3) Examine the consequences of FBD for utilization, health, and spending;4) Apply comparative effectiveness analysis to identify clinical areas for ..
- LUCIANO D'ADAMIO; Fiscal Year: 2016..Given the role of APP processing in AD and APP-mediated functions, modulators of APP cleavage such as BRI2 are biologically relevant and of therapeutic interest...
- EARLY DETECTION OF URINARY BLADDER CANCERBogdan Czerniak; Fiscal Year: 2009..of studies: (1) Perform functional analyses and assessment of the already identified putative "forerunner genes" (ITM2B, P2RY5, and CHClL) located contiguously to RB1 as novel early detection biomarkers...
- Richard I Morimoto; Fiscal Year: 2016..Androgen Receptor, Ataxin-3, Huntingtin, mutant SOD1, A[unreadable] and related amyloidogenic proteins ADan and ABri, and yeast prions (Sup35)...
- Intestinal Dendritic Cell Modulation of Regulatory T Cell Function in IBDJAMES DANIEL LORD; Fiscal Year: 2012..is well equipped for molecular and cellular immunology research, and exists within the Benaroya Research Institute (BRI)...
- Parvin Building Animal Resources Center Improvement PlanRichard W Ermel; Fiscal Year: 2013..for animal models used in breeding and research activities at the Beckman Research Institute of City of Hope (COH/BRI) and will substantially optimize space utilization at the Division of Comparative Medicine within the centralized ..
- Initiative in Stem Cell BiologyGilbert C White; Fiscal Year: 2010..goal of this application is to convert shelled space in BloodCenter of Wisconsin's Blood Research Institute (BRI) into finished laboratory space in order to grow the Stem Cell Program at the BRI...
- HEPARIN INDUCED THROMBOCYTOPENIA/THROMBOSISGIAN VISENTIN; Fiscal Year: 2000..The Blood Research Institute (BRI) houses a family of core support laboratories and a group of investigators with diverse interests who can provide ..
- Phenotypic Changes Underlying Visceral Hypersensitivity in a Mouse Model of IBsJULIE A CARLSTEN CHRISTIANSON; Fiscal Year: 2010..diseases, pain is often the first warning of organ dysfunction;however, in functional bowel disorders (FBD), like irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), pain is the main debilitating aspect of the condition...
- Michael Mack; Fiscal Year: 2015..Baylor Research Institute and the Cardiopulmonary Research Science and Technology Institute formed a consortium (BRI-CRSTI) consisting of 2 research institutes and the 3 largest cardiac surgery programs in the Dallas-Fort Worth ..
- Multimedia Motivational Interviewing Training for Physical TherapistsROBIN INLANDER; Fiscal Year: 2007..In this Phase I, Small Business Innovative Research (SBIR) proposal, Behavioral Research, Incorporated, (BRI) seeks to design and develop a prototype for a computer-based, multimedia, interactive, educational program to ..
- Rapid Assessment for Drug Abuse and Risky Sex (RADARS)ROBIN INLANDER; Fiscal Year: 2010The goal of the Phase II, Behavioral Research, Inc. (BRI), Rapid Assessment for Drug Abuse and Risky Sex (RADARS) is to create a fully functioning program that: addresses the need for a rapid, computer-based assessment for sexual and ..
- MULTICENTER TRIAL OF FUNCTIONAL BOWEL DISORDERSDouglas Drossman; Fiscal Year: 2001..is to compare the efficacies of clinical treatments for the group of chronic, painful functional bowel disorders (FBD) that predominantly affect women...
- AMYLOID ANGIOPATHY, EARLY PLAQUES & AGINGBlas Frangione; Fiscal Year: 2003..Degradation of the carboxyl-end of this abnormal precursor molecule releases a 34 amino acid amyloid peptide (ABri) found deposited in vascular and parenchymal plaques in patients with FBD...
- Capillary DNA Sequencer/Genetic AnalyzerLESTER CASHDOLLAR; Fiscal Year: 2003The Blood Research Institute (BRI) of The Blood Center of Southeastern Wisconsin has an established, long-term commitment to blood-related research...
- Transgenic Mice Depositing Individual AB peptidesEileen McGowan; Fiscal Year: 2006..peptides are efficiently expressed and secreted without APP overexpression, we created transgenic mice that express BRI-Abeta, fusion proteins...
- Research IrradiatorLESTER CASHDOLLAR; Fiscal Year: 2006unreadable] DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The Blood Research Institute (BRI) of The Blood Center of Southeastern Wisconsin has an established, long-term commitment to blood-related research...
- ORGANIZATION OF THE PATHWAY OF UREA SYNTHESIS IN SITUNatalie Cohen; Fiscal Year: 1993..will be used to locate the cytoplasmic urea cycle enzymes in intact and permeabilized hepatocytes, and possibly in Bri j-treated and "nude" hepatocytes...
- Bruker Biospec 9.4T/40cm Bore MRI SystemShi Jiang Li; Fiscal Year: 2002..The NCRR-SIG will be administered by the MCW Biophysics Research Institute (BRI) in alliance with the college's Cancer Center and the Human and Molecular Genetics Center...
- Sympathetic-Immune Interface: Central Sites & FunctionMICHAEL KENNEY; Fiscal Year: 2005..Ultimately, these findings may allow for the design of intervention strategies in immune regulation fostering robust and appropriate communication between the immune and nervous systems. ..
- SENESCENCE ALTERS SYMPATHETIC REGULATION TO HEAT STRESSMICHAEL KENNEY; Fiscal Year: 2004..The proposed studies will, for the first time, advance the hypothesis that the working strategies employed by sympathetic neural circuits to respond to heat stress are modified by aging. ..
- Expression and function of ABCA3 in Type 2 cellsMICHAEL FRANCIS BEERS; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Models of P. carinii Infection: SP-A and SP-D null miceMichael Beers; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Novel Animal Models of Familial British, Danish and Alzheimer's DementiaLUCIANO D ADAMIO; Fiscal Year: 2007..We have recently identified as a putative APP ligand BRI2, a protein found mutated in patients with Familial British and Danish Dementia (FBD and FDD), two diseases ..
- Cellular signaling and Trafficking of APP Family MembersLUCIANO D ADAMIO; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies may clarify the biological role of APP family members and have important practical applications in the development of new compounds for the cure and or prevention of Alzheimer's disease. ..
- SURFACTANT METABOLISM IN PNEUMOCYSTIS CARINII PNEUMONIAMichael Beers; Fiscal Year: 2002..A co-investigator experienced with P. carinii biology and gpA purification; 3. Consultants recognized as authorities on the scid mouse model of PCP and on isolated lung perfusion. ..
- Signaling Function by APP Processing and Release of AIDLUCIANO D ADAMIO; Fiscal Year: 2006..Lastly, regulation of APP endocytosis and processing by Numb/Nbl proteins might provide potential new targets for compounds aimed to reduce Abeta production. ..
- Surfactant Protein C Mutations:Interstitial Lung DiseaseMichael Beers; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..