Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ITGB6
Description: integrin subunit beta 6
Alias: AI1H, integrin beta-6, integrin, beta 6
Publications105 found, 100 shown here
- The integrin alphaVbeta6 binds and activates latent TGFbeta3Justin P Annes
Department of Cell Biology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
FEBS Lett 511:65-8. 2002..In particular, the extent to which activation mechanisms differ among the three TGFbeta isoforms is relatively unexplored. We show here that alphaVbeta6 binds and activates latent TGFbeta3...
- Alphavbeta6-Fyn signaling promotes oral cancer progressionXiaowu Li
Department of Stomatology, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143 0512, USA
J Biol Chem 278:41646-53. 2003..These findings indicate that integrin beta6 signaling activates Fyn and thus promotes oral cancer progression...
- The integrin alpha v beta 6 binds and activates latent TGF beta 1: a mechanism for regulating pulmonary inflammation and fibrosisJ S Munger
Department of Medicine, and Kaplan Cancer Center, New York University School of Medicine, New York 10016 6402, USA
Cell 96:319-28. 1999..These data identify a novel mechanism for locally regulating TGF beta 1 function in vivo by regulating expression of the alpha v beta 6 integrin...
- Complete amino acid sequence of a novel integrin beta subunit (beta 6) identified in epithelial cells using the polymerase chain reactionD Sheppard
Lung Biology Center, San Francisco, CA 94143
J Biol Chem 265:11502-7. 1990..Because this protein is clearly distinct from the two other recently described integrins beta 4 and beta 5, we propose to designate it beta 6...
- Significance of alpha 9 beta 1 and alpha v beta 6 integrin expression in breast carcinomaK Arihiro
Second Department of Pathology, Hiroshima University School of Medicine, Japan
Breast Cancer 7:19-26. 2000..As for the ligands of alpha v beta 6, fibronectin and tenascin-C have been identified. It has not been ascertained whether alpha 9 beta 1 and alpha v beta 6 are expressed in normal breast tissue, benign breast lesion or breast carcinoma...
- Fusion of epithelial cells by Epstein-Barr virus proteins is triggered by binding of viral glycoproteins gHgL to integrins alphavbeta6 or alphavbeta8Liudmila S Chesnokova
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, Shreveport, LA 71130, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:20464-9. 2009..We conclude that the direct interaction between EBV gHgL and integrins alphavbeta6 and alphavbeta8 can provide the trigger for fusion of EBV with an epithelial cell...
- The LIM-only protein DRAL/FHL2 binds to the cytoplasmic domain of several alpha and beta integrin chains and is recruited to adhesion complexesV Wixler
Institute for Biochemistry II, Medical Faculty, University of Cologne, Joseph Stelzmann Strasse 52, 50931 Cologne, Germany
J Biol Chem 275:33669-78. 2000..These results, together with the fact that full-length DRAL/FHL2 is found in cell adhesion complexes, suggest that it is an adaptor/docking protein involved in integrin signaling pathways...
- Direct integrin alphavbeta6-ERK binding: implications for tumour growthNuzhat Ahmed
Gynaecological Cancer Research Centre, The Royal Women s Hospital, Melbourne and University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Australia
Oncogene 21:1370-80. 2002..The physical interaction between integrin alphavbeta6 and ERK2 defines a novel paradigm of integrin-mediated signalling and provides a therapeutic target for cancer treatment...
- Inhibition of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 infection in macrophages by an alpha-v integrin blocking antibodyBerta Bosch
Fundacio irsiCaixa, Laboratori de Retrovirologia, Hospital Universitari Germans Trias i Pujol, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Ctra del Canyet s n, 08916 Badalona, Spain
Antiviral Res 69:173-80. 2006....
- Alphavbeta6 is required in maintaining the intestinal epithelial barrier functionYong Yu
Department of Gastroenterology, The Second Hospital, Zhengzhou University, Zhengzhou, China
Cell Biol Int 38:777-81. 2014..Addition of recombinant avb6 blocked increases in permeability of T84 monolayers to OVA induced by tumor necrosis factor-α. ..
- Integrinβ6-targeted immunoliposomes mediate tumor-specific drug delivery and enhance therapeutic efficacy in colon carcinomaBenjia Liang
Department of Hepatobiliary Surgery, Qilu Hospital, Shandong University, Jinan, Shandong, P R China Key Laboratory of Cardiovascular Remodeling and Function Research, Chinese Ministry of Education and Public Health, Jinan, Shandong, P R China
Clin Cancer Res 21:1183-95. 2015..Integrinβ6 (ITGB6) is expressed in malignant colonic epithelia, but not in normal epithelia, and is associated with the progression, ..
- Binding of MMP-9-degraded fibronectin to β6 integrin promotes invasion via the FAK-Src-related Erk1/2 and PI3K/Akt/Smad-1/5/8 pathways in breast cancerWentong Li
Department of Pathology, Weifang Medical University, Weifang, Shandong 261053, P R China
Oncol Rep 34:1345-52. 2015....
- Focal-adhesion-independent integrin-αv regulation of FAK and c-Myc is necessary for 3D skin formation and tumor invasionElizabeth K Duperret
Department of Dermatology, Perelman School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, BRB 1010, 421 Curie Blvd, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Cell Sci 128:3997-4013. 2015..depend only on the binding partners of integrin-αv--integrin β5 and integrin β6 (also known as ITGB5 and ITGB6, respectively)...
- Genetic variants in the ITGB6 gene is associated with the risk of radiation pneumonitis in lung cancer patients treated with thoracic radiation therapyMinxiao Yi
Department of Oncology, Tongji Hospital, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, 430030, Hubei Province, China
Tumour Biol 37:3469-77. 2016..We hypothesized that polymorphisms in αvβ6 integrin genes (ITGAV and ITGB6) might be associated with the risk of radiation pneumonitis (RP) in lung cancer patients treated with thoracic ..
- High expression of integrin β6 in association with the Rho-Rac pathway identifies a poor prognostic subgroup within HER2 amplified breast cancersKrisha Desai
Division of Molecular Medicine, St John s Research Institute, Bangalore, India
Cancer Med 5:2000-11. 2016..In addition, integrin β6 (ITGB6) is of prognostic value in invasive breast cancers, particularly in HER2+ subtype...
- Long-term exposure of MCF-7 breast cancer cells to ethanol stimulates oncogenic featuresRobert Gelfand
Department of Medicine, Charles R Drew University of Medicine and Science, Los Angeles, CA 90059, USA
Int J Oncol 50:49-65. 2017..Long-term exposure upregulated expression of some malignancy related genes (STEAP4, SERPINA3, SAMD9, GDF15, KRT15, ITGB6, TP63, and PGR, as well as the CEACAM, interferon related, and HLA gene families)...
- Distribution of integrins alpha v beta 6 and alpha 9 beta 1 and their known ligands, fibronectin and tenascin, in human airwaysA Weinacker
Lung Biology Center, University of California, San Francisco 94143, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 12:547-56. 1995..These findings are compatible with the existence of as-yet unidentified ligands for each of these integrins--for example, ligands involved in homotypic cell-cell interactions within the epithelium...
- Interaction of alphaVbeta3 and alphaVbeta6 integrins with human parechovirus 1Jani Seitsonen
Department of Biosciences, Institute of Biotechnology, PO Box 65, Viikinkaari 1, FIN 00014 University of Helsinki, Finland
J Virol 84:8509-19. 2010..This first structural characterization of a parechovirus indicates that the differences in receptor binding are due to the amino acid differences in the integrins rather than to significantly different viral footprints...
- αv integrin processing interferes with the cross-talk between αvβ5/β6 and α2β1 integrinsCéline Defilles
INSERM, UMR 911, Centre de Recherche en Oncologie et Oncopharmacologie, F 13005 Marseille, France
Biol Cell 103:519-29. 2011..We previously demonstrated that αvβ5/β6 integrin represses α2β1-dependent cell migration. The αv subunits undergo an endoproteolytic cleavage by protein convertases, whose role in tumoral invasion has remained controversial...
- Integrin alphavbeta6 promotes tumor tolerance in colorectal cancerShao bo Yang
Department of Gastroenterology South Building, China PLA General Hospital, Beijing, People s Republic of China
Cancer Immunol Immunother 61:335-42. 2012..We conclude that CRC-derived avb6 is involved in the establishment of tumor immune tolerance in local tissues...
- Expression of αvβ6 integrin and collagen fibre in oral squamous cell carcinoma: association with clinical outcomes and prognostic implicationsHai Xia Li
Department of Anatomy, Basic Medical Science College, Harbin Medical University, Harbin, China
J Oral Pathol Med 42:547-56. 2013....
- Integrin alpha v beta 6 contributes to maintaining corneal epithelial barrier functionHuiling Guo
Department of Ophthalmology, Chinese PLA General Hospital, Beijing, China Department of Ophthalmology, Chinese PLA 306 Hospital, Beijing, China
Cell Biol Int 37:593-9. 2013..We conclude that the integrin avb6 plays an important role in the fusion of endosome/lysosome in corneal epithelial cells; inhibition of avb6 results in corneal epithelial barrier dysfunction...
- Stromal cell-derived factor-1 (SDF-1) enhances cells invasion by αvβ6 integrin-mediated signaling in ovarian cancerBaoyao Xue
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Xijing Hospital, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an 710032, China
Mol Cell Biochem 380:177-84. 2013..Consequently, our findings will provide a new explanation about how SDF-1 aggravates the pathogenesis of ovarian cancer...
- ADAM 10 is over expressed in oral squamous cell carcinoma and contributes to invasive behaviour through a functional association with αvβ6 integrinAdam V Jones
Academic Unit of Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology, School of Clinical Dentistry, University of Sheffield, UK
FEBS Lett 587:3529-34. 2013..This may result from ADAM 10-induced up-regulation of MMPs. We conclude ADAM 10 may influence OSCC invasion by functionally interacting with αvβ6 integrin which we have previously shown is over expressed in OSCC. ..
- Altered microenvironment promotes progression of preinvasive breast cancer: myoepithelial expression of αvβ6 integrin in DCIS identifies high-risk patients and predicts recurrenceMichael D Allen
Authors Affiliations Barts Cancer Institute a CR UK Centre of Excellence, Centre for Tumour Biology, Queen Mary University of London, John Vane Science Centre Wolfson Institute of Preventive Medicine, Barts and the London School of Medicine and Dentistry, London, Cancer Research UK Clinical Centre, Somers Cancer Research Building, Experimental Pathology Group, Southampton General Hospital, Southampton and Biomedical Research Centre, School of Biological Sciences, University of East Anglia, Norwich, Norfolk, United Kingdom
Clin Cancer Res 20:344-57. 2014..This study investigated the functional and clinical significance of integrin αvβ6 upregulation in myoepithelial cells of ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS)...
- Comparing the expression of integrins αvβ3, αvβ5, αvβ6, αvβ8, fibronectin and fibrinogen in human brain metastases and their corresponding primary tumorsJens Schittenhelm
Department of Neuropathology, Institute of Pathology and Neuropathology, University of Tübingen Tübingen 72076, Germany
Int J Clin Exp Pathol 6:2719-32. 2013..To evaluate the expression of αv-series integrins in brain metastases. Inhibitors targeting these integrins are being tested for their therapeutic potential...
- ITGB6 loss-of-function mutations cause autosomal recessive amelogenesis imperfectaShih Kai Wang
Department of Biologic and Materials Sciences, University of Michigan School of Dentistry, 1210 Eisenhower Place, Ann Arbor, MI 48108, USA
Hum Mol Genet 23:2157-63. 2014..Analysis of whole-exome sequences identified three integrin beta 6 (ITGB6) mutations responsible for their enamel malformations...
- A missense mutation in ITGB6 causes pitted hypomineralized amelogenesis imperfectaJames A Poulter
Leeds Institutes of Molecular Medicine, University of Leeds, Leeds LS9 7TF, UK
Hum Mol Genet 23:2189-97. 2014..Whole-exome sequencing revealed a missense mutation (c.586C>A, p.P196T) in the I-domain of integrin-β6 (ITGB6), which is consistently predicted to be pathogenic by all available programmes and is the only variant that ..
- αvβ6- and αvβ8-integrins serve as interchangeable receptors for HSV gH/gL to promote endocytosis and activation of membrane fusionTatiana Gianni
Department of Experimental, Diagnostic and Specialty Medicine, Alma Mater Studiorum University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
PLoS Pathog 9:e1003806. 2013..We propose that placing the gH/gL activation under the integrin trigger point enables HSV to synchronize virion endocytosis with the cascade of glycoprotein activation that culminates in execution of fusion...
- E-Cadherin and EpCAM expression by NSCLC tumour cells associate with normal fibroblast activation through a pathway initiated by integrin αvβ6 and maintained through TGFβ signallingC Eberlein
Oncology iMED, AstraZeneca, Alderley Park, Macclesfield, UK
Oncogene 34:704-16. 2015..In conclusion NSCLC cell lines, positive for E-Cadherin, EpCAM and αvβ6 expression, activate normal fibroblasts through avβ6/TGFβ signalling in vitro, and influence both gene expression and response to therapeutic agents. ..
- Development of a tetra-primer ARMS PCR-based assay for detection of a novel single-nucleotide polymorphism in the 5' untranslated region of the bovine ITGB6 receptor gene associated with foot-and-mouth disease susceptibility in cattleRani Singh
Molecular Genetic Laboratory, Animal Genetic and Breeding Division, Central Institute for Research on Cattle formerly Project Directorate on Cattle, Meerut Cantt, 250001, Uttar Pradesh, India
Arch Virol 159:3385-9. 2014b>ITGB6 is known to be one of the major receptor components involved in host tropism of foot-and-mouth disease (FMD) virus in cattle...
- Influenza promotes collagen deposition via αvβ6 integrin-mediated transforming growth factor β activationLisa Jolly
From the Nottingham Respiratory Research Unit, University of Nottingham, Nottingham University Hospitals, Clinical Sciences Building, City Hospital Campus, Nottingham NG5 1PB, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 289:35246-63. 2014....
- Fine mapping and candidate gene search of quantitative trait loci for growth and obesity using mouse intersubspecific subcongenic intercrosses and exome sequencingAkira Ishikawa
Laboratory of Animal Genetics, Graduate School of Bioagricultural Sciences, Nagoya University, Nagoya, Aichi, Japan
PLoS ONE 9:e113233. 2014..12 and that Ly75 and Itgb6 are putative candidate genes for Pbwg1.5...
- αvβ6 integrin may be a potential prognostic biomarker in interstitial lung diseaseGauri Saini
Division of Respiratory Medicine, University of Nottingham, Nottingham, UK
Eur Respir J 46:486-94. 2015..There was no association with the other markers measured.Our data suggest high levels of αvβ6 integrin may identify a specific endotype of progressive fibrotic lung disease. ..
- Cloning and characterization of the human integrin β6 gene promoterMingyan Xu
Department of Oral Biology and Biomaterial, Xiamen Stomatological Research Institute, Xiamen Stomatological Hospital, Fujian, China Department of Basic Medical Science, Xiamen University Medical College, Xiamen, Fujian, China
PLoS ONE 10:e0121439. 2015The integrin β6 (ITGB6) gene, which encodes the limiting subunit of the integrin αvβ6 heterodimer, plays an important role in wound healing and carcinogenesis...
- Integrin β6 can be translationally regulated by eukaryotic initiation factor 4E: Contributing to colonic tumor malignancyLiu Enyu
Department of General Surgery, Qilu Hospital, Shandong University, Jinan, 250012, Shandong, People s Republic of China
Tumour Biol 36:6541-50. 2015..Thus, targeting eIF4E in integrin αvβ6 expressing tumors can be a potential therapeutic strategy for patients with colon cancer...
- Polarized cell migration induces cancer type-specific CD133/integrin/Src/Akt/GSK3β/β-catenin signaling required for maintenance of cancer stem cell propertiesYing Jhen Su
Institute of Molecular and Cellular Biology, National Tsing Hua University, Hsinchu, Taiwan
Oncotarget 6:38029-45. 2015..lung cancer cell lines could be triggered by CD133, and β-catenin also bound to the proximal promoter regions of ITGB6 and ITGB8 in cell lines from gastric and breast cancers...
- Expansion of the spectrum of ITGB6-related disorders to adolescent alopecia, dentogingival abnormalities and intellectual disabilityMuhammad Ansar
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Biological Sciences, Quaid i Azam University, Islamabad, Pakistan
Eur J Hum Genet 24:1223-7. 2016..898G>A (p.(Glu300Lys)) in ITGB6, which co-segregates with the phenotype within the family and is predicted to be deleterious...
- Stromal cells control the epithelial residence of DCs and memory T cells by regulated activation of TGF-βJaved Mohammed
Department of Dermatology, Center for Immunology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
Nat Immunol 17:414-21. 2016..Our data demonstrated that regulated activation of TGF-β by stromal cells was able to directly control epithelial residence of cells of the immune system through a novel mechanism of intercellular communication. ..
- Deciphering Transcriptome and Complex Alternative Splicing Transcripts in Mammary Gland Tissues from Cows Naturally Infected with Staphylococcus aureus MastitisXiu ge Wang
Dairy Cattle Research Center, Shandong Academy of Agricultural Sciences, Jinan, Shandong, P R China
PLoS ONE 11:e0159719. 2016..Some immune-related genes, such as ITGB6, MYD88, ADA, ACKR1, and TNFRSF1B, and their potential relationships with mastitis were highlighted...
- Amplification of TGFβ Induced ITGB6 Gene Transcription May Promote Pulmonary FibrosisAmanda L Tatler
Division of Respiratory Medicine City, University of Nottingham, Nottingham, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 11:e0158047. 2016..We confirm that stimulation with exogenous TGFβ1 increases expression of the integrin β6 subunit gene (ITGB6) and αvβ6 integrin cell surface expression in a time- and concentration-dependent manner...
- Co-expressed differentially expressed genes and long non-coding RNAs involved in the celecoxib treatment of gastric cancer: An RNA sequencing analysisBin Song
Department of Gastrointestinal Surgery, China Japan Union Hospital, Jilin University, Changchun, Jilin 130033, P R China
Exp Ther Med 12:2455-2468. 2016..i>ITGA3, ITGA6, ITGB4, ITGB5, ITGB6 and ITGB8 were enriched in the integrin-mediated signaling pathway...
- Identification of functional pathways associated with the conditional ablation of serum response factor in Dstncorn1 miceYanan Huo
Eye Center, Second Affiliated Hospital of Zhejiang University School of Medicine, Hangzhou, Zhejiang 310009, P R China
Mol Med Rep 15:139-145. 2017..signaling pathway displayed the highest alteration score, and was enriched with integrin and integrin β‑6 (ITGB6)...
- RNA interference characterization of proteins discovered by proteomic analysis of pancreatic cancer reveals function in cell growth and survivalCandy N Lee
Department of Protein Therapeutic, Celera, Rockville, MD 20850, USA
Pancreas 41:84-94. 2012..We aimed to discover plasma membrane-associated proteins overexpressed in pancreatic cancer using quantitative proteomics and apply RNA interference (RNAi) to uncover proteins associated with cancer cell survival...
- Early growth response factor-1 limits biliary fibrosis in a model of xenobiotic-induced cholestasis in miceBradley P Sullivan
Department of Pharmacology, Toxicology and Therapeutics, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, Kansas 66160, USA
Toxicol Sci 126:267-74. 2012..this increase in liver fibrosis occurred in association with elevated expression of the β6 integrin (Itgb6) gene, suggesting the potential for increased local activation of transforming growth factor beta...
- A novel chondroectodermal dysplasia mapped to chromosome 2q24.1-q31.1Bushra Khan
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Biological Sciences, Quaid i Azam University, Islamabad, Pakistan
Eur J Med Genet 55:455-60. 2012..37 was obtained with several markers along the disease interval. Sequence analysis of three candidate genes (TANK, ITGB6, TBR1) located in the candidate interval did not discover potentially causal variants.
- TGF-β and αvβ6 integrin act in a common pathway to suppress pancreatic cancer progressionAram F Hezel
Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Cancer Res 72:4840-5. 2012..Therefore, our findings indicate that αvβ6 and TGF-β act in a common tumor suppressor pathway whose pharmacologic inactivation promotes pancreatic cancer progression...
- Effects of intrapulmonary viral tropism and cytokine expression on the histological patterns of cytomegalovirus pneumoniaYoshifumi Arai
Department of Pathology, Hamamatsu University School of Medicine, Hamamtsu, Japan
Pathol Int 62:628-39. 2012..Expression of integrin β6 (ITGB6), an adhesion molecule and important activator of TGF-β1 in interstitial pneumonia, was lost in CMV-infected ..
- Critical role for αvβ6 integrin in enamel biomineralizationLeila Mohazab
Faculty of Dentistry, Department of Oral Biological and Medical Sciences, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
J Cell Sci 126:732-44. 2013..Human and mouse ameloblasts were found to express both β6 integrin mRNA and protein. The maxillary incisors of Itgb6(-/-) mice lacked yellow pigment and their mandibular incisors appeared chalky and rounded...
- Kidney transplants with progressing chronic diseases express high levels of acute kidney injury transcriptsK S Famulski
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Manchester, UK
Am J Transplant 13:634-44. 2013..Indeed, the injury signal shared many individual transcripts with the risk score, e.g. ITGB6, VCAN, NNMT...
- Longitudinal expression analysis of αv integrins in human gliomas reveals upregulation of integrin αvβ3 as a negative prognostic factorJens Schittenhelm
Department of Neuropathology, Institute of Pathology and Neuropathology, University of Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany
J Neuropathol Exp Neurol 72:194-210. 2013..cohort showed a similar increase in integrin expression with tumor grade, particularly of ITGB3 and ITGB8; ITGB6 was not expressed, consistent with the IHC data...
- Functional characterization of a porcine emphysema modelCamilla Sichlau Bruun
Department of Veterinary Clinical and Animal Sciences, Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Grønnegårdsvej 3, 1870, Frederiksberg C, Denmark
Lung 191:669-75. 2013..MMP12-/- mice are protected from smoke-induced emphysema. ITGB6-/- mice spontaneously develop age-related lung emphysema due to lack of ITGB6-TGF-β1 regulation of the MMP12 ..
- Quantitative proteome analysis of alveolar type-II cells reveals a connection of integrin receptor subunits beta 2/6 and WNT signalingRegina T Mukhametshina
LOEWE Research Group Lung Cancer Epigenetic, Division of Biomolecular Mass Spectrometry, Department of Lung Development and Remodeling, and Department of Cardiac Development and Remodeling, Max Planck Institute for Heart and Lung Research, member of the Universities of Giessen and Marburg Lung Center UGMLC and German Center of Lung Research DZL, Parkstraße 1, 61231 Bad Nauheim, Germany
J Proteome Res 12:5598-608. 2013..Interestingly, we confirmed our data for two of these genes, integrin beta 2 and 6 (Itgb2 and Itgb6), by qRT-PCR expression analysis and Western blot analysis of protein extracts...
- The gene organization of the human beta 7 subunit, the common beta subunit of the leukocyte integrins HML-1 and LPAM-1W M Jiang
Department of Molecular Medicine, School of Medicine, University of Auckland, New Zealand
Int Immunol 4:1031-40. 1992....
- Characterization of the integrin alpha v beta 6 as a fibronectin-binding proteinM Busk
Lung Biology Center, University of California, San Francisco 94143
J Biol Chem 267:5790-6. 1992..A., Smith, J. W., Cooper, H. M., and Quaranta, V. (1989) Cell 57, 59-69), is a mixture of at least two different receptors: alpha v beta 5, mediating adhesion to vitronectin, and alpha v beta 6, mediating adhesion to fibronectin...
- Chromosomal locations of the genes coding for the integrin beta 6 and beta 7 subunitsG W Krissansen
Department of Molecular Medicine, School of Medicine, University of Auckland, New Zealand
Immunogenetics 35:58-61. 1992
- A point mutation in the integrin beta 6 subunit abolishes both alpha v beta 6 binding to fibronectin and receptor localization to focal contactsX Z Huang
Lung Biology Center, UCSF 94143, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 13:245-51. 1995....
- Regional localization of the human integrin beta 6 gene (ITGB6) to chromosome 2q24-q31E Fernandez-Ruiz
Departamento de Inmunologia, Hospital de la Princesa, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Spain
Genomics 21:638-40. 1994..These data suggest a proximal position of the integrin beta 6 locus (ITGB6) on this integrin gene cluster...
- Effects of beta subunit cytoplasmic domain deletions on the recruitment of the integrin alpha v beta 6 to focal contactsR I Cone
Lung Biology Center, University of California, San Francisco 94143 0854
Cell Adhes Commun 2:101-13. 1994..However, the unique 11 amino acid carboxy terminus of beta 6 is not required for this recruitment, and may actually play a negative regulatory role...
- Role of the integrin alpha v beta 6 in cell attachment to fibronectin. Heterologous expression of intact and secreted forms of the receptorA Weinacker
Lung Biology Center, University of California, San Francisco 94143
J Biol Chem 269:6940-8. 1994..In such cells, fibronectin binding ability could be blocked by an antibody to alpha v integrins. These results constitute the first direct evidence that alpha v beta 6 mediates cell attachment to fibronectin...
- Differential effects of the integrins alpha9beta1, alphavbeta3, and alphavbeta6 on cell proliferative responses to tenascin. Roles of the beta subunit extracellular and cytoplasmic domainsY Yokosaki
Lung Biology Center, Center for Occupational and Environmental Health, Cardiovascular Research Institute, Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
J Biol Chem 271:24144-50. 1996....
- Expression of integrin cell adhesion receptors during human airway epithelial repair in vivoJ M Pilewski
Department of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15261, USA
Am J Physiol 273:L256-63. 1997....
- Expression of alpha and beta subunits of the integrin superfamily in articular cartilage from macroscopically normal and osteoarthritic human femoral headsK Ostergaard
Institute for Inflammation Research IIR, Rhima Centre, National University Hospital Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen, Denmark
Ann Rheum Dis 57:303-8. 1998..The objective of this study was to detail the topographical and zonal distribution of alpha and beta subunits of the integrin superfamily in normal and osteoarthritic cartilage...
- The role of integrins in reproductionJ A Bowen
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology and Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, Kansas 66160 7400, USA
Proc Soc Exp Biol Med 223:331-43. 2000....
- Mouse beta(6) integrin sequence, pattern of expression, and role in kidney developmentL J Arend
Department of Pathology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 11:2297-305. 2000..These findings suggest an important role for beta(6) integrin in normal development of the mouse kidney...
- alpha v beta 6 Integrin upregulates matrix metalloproteinase 9 and promotes migration of normal oral keratinocytesG J Thomas
Department of Oral Pathology, Eastman Dental Institute, University College London, UK
J Invest Dermatol 116:898-904. 2001..It appears that alpha v beta 6 may function in normal human oral keratinocyte migration through matrix-metalloproteinase-9-dependent and -independent mechanisms...
- Increased expression of tenascin-C-binding epithelial integrins in human bullous keratopathy corneasA V Ljubimov
Ophthalmology Research Laboratories, Burns and Allen Research Institute, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, University of California Los Angeles School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California 90048, USA
J Histochem Cytochem 49:1341-50. 2001..The interaction of tenascin-C with these integrins may contribute to the fibrotic process that occurs in PBK/ABK corneas...
- Different splice variants of filamin-B affect myogenesis, subcellular distribution, and determine binding to integrin [beta] subunitsArjan van der Flier
Netherlands Cancer Institute, Division of Cell Biology, 1066 CX Amsterdams, Netherlands
J Cell Biol 156:361-76. 2002..These findings suggest that specific combinations of filamin mRNA splicing events modulate the organization of the actin cytoskeleton and the binding affinity for integrins...
- Integrin expression in colon cancer cells is regulated by the cytoplasmic domain of the beta6 integrin subunitJun Niu
Newcastle Bowel Cancer Research Collaborative, Hunter Medical Research Institute, John Hunter Hospital, The University of Newcastle, Callaghan, New South Wales 2310, Australia
Int J Cancer 99:529-37. 2002..Given the dominance of the beta6-ERK2 interaction over PKC-mediated expression of both beta5 and beta6 integrin subunits, targeting the beta6-ERK2 interaction may prove useful as an anticancer strategy in colon cancer...
- Integrin alpha(v)beta6-associated ERK2 mediates MMP-9 secretion in colon cancer cellsX Gu
Newcastle Bowel Cancer Research Collaborative, Hunter Medical Research Institute, John Hunter Hospital and The University of Newcastle, NSW 2308, Australia
Br J Cancer 87:348-51. 2002..Targetting either beta6 or its interaction with extracellular signal-regulated kinase in order to inhibit matrix metalloproteinase activity may offer a useful therapeutic approach in preventing growth and spread of colon cancer...
- Loss of integrin alpha(v)beta6-mediated TGF-beta activation causes Mmp12-dependent emphysemaDavid G Morris
Lung Biology Center, Department of Medicine, San Francisco General Hospital, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
Nature 422:169-73. 2003..Through a global analysis of pulmonary gene expression in the lungs of mice lacking this integrin (Itgb6 null mice) we have identified a marked induction of macrophage metalloelastase (Mmp12)--a metalloproteinase that ..
- Integrin alpha v beta 6 is an RGD-dependent receptor for coxsackievirus A9Cigdem H Williams
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Essex, Colchester CO4 3SQ, United Kingdom
J Virol 78:6967-73. 2004..Thus, integrin alpha(v)beta(6) is an RGD-dependent receptor for CAV9 and may be important in natural CAV9 infections...
- alpha(v)beta(6) Integrin expression in diseased and transplanted kidneysPaul Trevillian
Newcastle Transplant Unit, John Hunter Hospital, Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia
Kidney Int 66:1423-33. 2004..Herein, we provide the first detailed description of an epithelial restricted integrin, alpha(v)beta(6), in kidney biopsies from patients suffering acute and chronic renal diseases and after transplantation...
- Hypoxia increases reepithelialization via an alphavbeta6-dependent pathwayPaul F Ridgway
Department of Surgical Oncology and Technology, Division of Surgery, Anesthetics and Intensive Care, Imperial College Faculty of Medicine, St Mary s Hospital, London, United Kingdom
Wound Repair Regen 13:158-64. 2005..05). Migration on fibronectin was attenuated by a specific gelatinase inhibitor. We conclude that integrin alphavbeta6-dependent MMP-2 and -9 up-regulation is an important feature of increased migration in hypoxic human keratinocytes...
- Distinct structural requirements for binding of the integrins alphavbeta6, alphavbeta3, alphavbeta5, alpha5beta1 and alpha9beta1 to osteopontinYasuyuki Yokosaki
Molecular Division, Department of Public Health, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Hiroshima University, 1 2 3 Kasumi, Minamiku, Hiroshima, 734 8551, Japan
Matrix Biol 24:418-27. 2005..These results suggest that the hierarchy of integrin interactions with osteopontin can undergo complex regulation at least in part through the action of extracellular proteases...
- Alpha v beta 6 integrin down-regulates the MMP-13 expression in oral squamous cell carcinoma cellsM Ylipalosaari
Department of Diagnostics and Oral Medicine, Institute of Dentistry, University of Oulu and Oulu University Hospital, PO Box 5281, FIN 90014 Oulu, Finland
Exp Cell Res 309:273-83. 2005..Our results suggest that alphavbeta6 down-regulates MMP-13 expression in OSCC cells and that MMP-13 is not essential for the degradation of type I collagen by OSCC cells...
- Ligation of protease-activated receptor 1 enhances alpha(v)beta6 integrin-dependent TGF-beta activation and promotes acute lung injuryR Gisli Jenkins
Lung Biology Center, UCSF, San Francisco, California 94158, USA
J Clin Invest 116:1606-14. 2006..ventilation is associated with increased pulmonary TGF-beta activation; however, this is not observed in Itgb6-/- mice. Furthermore, Itgb6-/- mice are also protected from ventilator-induced lung edema...
- Integrin alphavbeta6 mediates HT29-D4 cell adhesion to MMP-processed fibrinogen in the presence of Mn2+Francis Fouchier
Laboratoire de Génie Génétique et Biotechnologie, INSERM 476, INRA 1260, Faculte de Pharmacie, 27 Bd Jean Moulin, F 13385 Marseille Cedex 5, France
Eur J Cell Biol 86:143-60. 2007..Finally, we found that Mn(2+) and activators of the ERK pathway cooperated in HT29-D4 cell adhesion to Fb. Such a process may be involved in bone metastasis of some cancer cells...
- Constitutively activated Stat3 induces tumorigenesis and enhances cell motility of prostate epithelial cells through integrin beta 6Janeen Azare
Department of Medicine, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
Mol Cell Biol 27:4444-53. 2007..These results demonstrate the sufficiency of constitutively activated Stat3 in mediating prostate tumorigenesis and identify novel Stat3 targets that are involved in promoting cell migration and transformation...
- Integrin beta6 mediates phospholipid and collectin homeostasis by activation of latent TGF-beta1Laura L Koth
Lung Biology Center, Department of Medicine, San Francisco General Hospital, California, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 37:651-9. 2007..Adult mice lacking the beta-subunit of alphavbeta6 (Itgb6-/-) developed increased bronchoalveolar lavage phospholipids and surfactant proteins A and D, and demonstrated ..
- Systematic association mapping identifies NELL1 as a novel IBD disease geneAndre Franke
Institute for Clinical Molecular Biology, Christian Albrechts University Kiel, Kiel, Germany
PLoS ONE 2:e691. 2007..Several associations were replicated in at least one independent sample, point to an involvement of ITGB6 (upstream), GRM8 (downstream), OR5V1 (downstream), PPP3R2 (downstream), NM_152575 (upstream) and HNF4G (intron).
- Inhibition of integrin alpha(v)beta6, an activator of latent transforming growth factor-beta, prevents radiation-induced lung fibrosisKhalid Puthawala
New York University School of Medicine, Department of Medicine, New York, NY 10282, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 177:82-90. 2008..Because the integrin alpha(v)beta6 is a major TGF-beta activator in the lung, inhibition of alpha(v)beta6-mediated TGF-beta activation is a logical strategy to treat lung fibrosis...
- Gene expression in human hippocampus from cocaine abusers identifies genes which regulate extracellular matrix remodelingDeborah C Mash
Department of Neurology, Miller School of Medicine, University of Miami, Miami, Florida, United States of America
PLoS ONE 2:e1187. 2007..of the cytomatrix and synaptic connections and the inhibition of blood vessel proliferation (PCDH8, LAMB1, ITGB6, CTGF and EphB4)...
- Integrin alphavbeta6 is a marker of the progression of biliary and portal liver fibrosis and a novel target for antifibrotic therapiesYury Popov
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
J Hepatol 48:453-64. 2008..We studied alphavbeta6 expression in experimental and human liver fibrosis and the potential of its pharmacological inhibition for treatment of hepatic fibrosis...
- Induction of an epithelial integrin alphavbeta6 in human cytomegalovirus-infected endothelial cells leads to activation of transforming growth factor-beta1 and increased collagen productionTakako Tabata
Department of Cell and Tissue Biology, University of California San Francisco, 513 Parnassus Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94143 0640, USA
Am J Pathol 172:1127-40. 2008..Our results suggest that activation of TGF-beta1 by integrin alphavbeta6 contributes to pathological changes and may impair endothelial cell functions in tissues that are chronically infected with CMV...
- Phenotypic and genetic characterization of a novel phenotype in pigs characterized by juvenile hairlessness and age dependent emphysemaCamilla S Bruun
Department of Basic Animal and Veterinary Sciences, Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Grønnegårdsvej 3, DK 1870 Frederiksberg, Denmark
BMC Genomics 9:283. 2008..Since the phenotype shows resemblance to the integrin beta6 -/- knockout phenotype seen in mice, the two genes encoding the two subunits of integrin alphavbeta6, i.e. ITGB6 and ITGAV, were considered candidate genes for this trait.
- Overexpression of the alphavbeta6 integrin in endometrial cancerJonathan L Hecht
Biogen Idec, Cambridge, MA, USA
Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol 16:543-7. 2008..Expression is high in metastatic lesions. The level of expression of the primary tumor was not indicative of the presence of nodal metastasis; however, the number of cases with nodal metastases was limited...
- Integrin alphaVbeta6 is a high-affinity receptor for coxsackievirus A9Outi Heikkilä
Department of Virology, University of Turku, Kiinamyllynkatu 13, 20520 Turku, Finland
J Gen Virol 90:197-204. 2009..Similarly, only soluble alphaVbeta6 blocked virus infectivity. These data suggest that CAV9 binding to alphaVbeta6 is a high-affinity interaction, which may indicate its importance in clinical infections; this remains to be determined...
- Mice that lack activity of alphavbeta6- and alphavbeta8-integrins reproduce the abnormalities of Tgfb1- and Tgfb3-null micePoshala Aluwihare
Department of Cell Biology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
J Cell Sci 122:227-32. 2009..Most Itgb6-/-;Itgb8-/- embryos die at mid-gestation; those that survive develop cleft palate-as observed in Tgfb3-/- mice...
- Upregulation of Eps8 in oral squamous cell carcinoma promotes cell migration and invasion through integrin-dependent Rac1 activationL F Yap
Department of Oral and Dental Science, University of Bristol, Bristol, UK
Oncogene 28:2524-34. 2009..These data suggest that Eps8 and Rac1 are part of an integrated signaling pathway modulating integrin-dependent tumour cell motility and identify Eps8 as a possible therapeutic target...
- Targeted in vivo imaging of integrin alphavbeta6 with an improved radiotracer and its relevance in a pancreatic tumor modelSven H Hausner
Department of Biomedical Engineering, University of California Davis, Davis, California 95616, USA
Cancer Res 69:5843-50. 2009..The fact that these tumors express alpha(v)beta(6) suggests that this probe has significant potential for the in vivo detection of this malignancy, thus having important implications for patient care and therapy...
- Vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) enhances gastric carcinoma invasiveness via integrin alpha(v)beta6Rui Zhao
Department of Hepatobiliary Surgery, Qilu Hospital of Shandong University, Jinan 250012, Shandong, PR China
Cancer Lett 287:150-6. 2010..Taken together, the data suggest that VEGF is critical to the invasive process in human gastric cancer and that this occurs via up-regulation of integrin alphavbeta6 expression and activation of ERK...
- Postural changes in blood pressure associated with interactions between candidate genes for chronic respiratory diseases and exposure to particulate matterElissa Wilker
Department of Environmental Health, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Environ Health Perspect 117:935-40. 2009..Fine particulate matter [aerodynamic diameter </= 2.5 mum (PM(2.5))] has been associated with autonomic dysregulation...
- Confirmation of genomewide association signals in Chinese Han population reveals risk loci for ischemic strokeHu Ding
Department of Internal Medicine, Tongji Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, China
Stroke 41:177-80. 2010..The first genomewide association study of ischemic stroke in whites has identified multiple susceptibility loci. We confirmed this study by examining associations with ischemic stroke in a Chinese Han population...
- Transforming growth factor beta (TGFB) signaling is activated during porcine implantation: proposed role for latency-associated peptide interactions with integrins at the conceptus-maternal interfaceDana A Massuto
Departments of Veterinary Integrative Biosciences Veterinary Large Animal Clinical Sciences Animal Science, Texas A and M University, College Station, Texas 77843 4458, USA
Reproduction 139:465-78. 2010..12, 16, 20, and 24 pregnant gilts were immunostained for TGFB, LAP, and ITG subunits (ITGAV, ITGB1, ITGB3, ITGB5, ITGB6, and ITGB8). Activation of TGFBRs was evaluated by the presence of phosphorylated downstream effector SMAD2/3...
- Severe pulmonary emphysema in a girl with interstitial deletion of 2q24.2q24.3 including ITGB6Shinichi Takatsuki
The First Department of Pediatrics, Toho University Omori Medical Center, Tokyo, Japan
Am J Med Genet A 152:1020-5. 2010..The deletion region of 2q24.2 includes the integrin beta6 gene (ITGB6), which may prevent acute lung injury and pulmonary emphysema...
- Genetic variants at 2q24 are associated with susceptibility to type 2 diabetesLu Qi
Department of Nutrition, Harvard School of Public Health, and Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
Hum Mol Genet 19:2706-15. 2010..We identified significantly associated variants near RBMS1 and ITGB6 genes at 2q24, best-represented by SNP rs7593730 (combined OR=0.90, 95% CI=0.86-0.93; P=3.7x10(-8))...
- Two-dimensional heteronuclear saturation transfer difference NMR reveals detailed integrin αvβ6 protein-peptide interactionsJane L Wagstaff
Protein Science Group, School of Biosciences, University of Kent, Canterbury, Kent, CT2 7NJ, UK
Chem Commun (Camb) 46:7533-5. 2010..This method, resulting in dramatically reduced overlap, was applied to the interaction of the integrin αvβ6 with a known peptide ligand and highlights novel contact points between the substrate and target protein...
- Gene expression in SK-Mel-28 human melanoma cells treated with the snake venom jararhaginAnelise Klein
Genetics Laboratory, Butantan Institute, Av Vital Brazsil 1500, Sao Paulo, SP, CEP 05503 900, Brazil
Toxicon 57:1-8. 2011..30ng/μl upregulated genes TP53, CDKN1A, CDKN2A, CASP3, CASP5, CASP6, CASP8, and E-CDH in SK-Mel-28, and genes ITGB6, ITGB7, CASP3, TP53, and CDKN1B in fibroblasts...
- Skin wound healing in diabetic β6 integrin-deficient miceJasper N Jacobsen
Laboratory of Periodontal Biology, Department of Oral Biological and Medical Sciences, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
APMIS 118:753-64. 2010..These findings indicated that glycation of FN and possibly other integrin ligands could hamper keratinocyte interactions with the provisional matrix proteins during re-epithelialization of diabetic wounds...
- The coagulation system contributes to alphaVbeta6 integrin expression and liver fibrosis induced by cholestasisBradley P Sullivan
Department of Pharmacology, Toxicology and Therapeutics, The University of Kansas Medical Center, 3901 Rainbow Blvd, Kansas City, KS 66160, USA
Am J Pathol 177:2837-49. 2010..These results indicate that a TF-PAR-1 pathway contributes to liver fibrosis induced by chronic cholestasis by increasing expression of the αVβ6 integrin, an important regulator of transforming growth factor-β1 activation...
- INITIATION OF CELL INFECTION BY EPSTEIN-BARR VIRUSLindsey Hutt Fletcher; Fiscal Year: 2004..Dissection of the molecular events that enable EBV to access the cells it infects is critical to understanding the biology of this important human pathogen. ..
- Epstein-Barr virus glycoproteins and virus spreadLindsey Hutt Fletcher; Fiscal Year: 2009..Effects of gM on recruitment of other glycoproteins will be examined. ..
- A NOVEL INTEGRIN beta SUBUNIT AND USES THEREOFPatent Number: WO9212236-A1; Date:1992-07-23