Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ITGB5
Description: integrin subunit beta 5
Alias: integrin beta-5, testis secretory sperm-binding protein Li 217p
Publications134 found, 100 shown here
- Inhibition of migration and invasion of carcinoma cells by urokinase-derived antagonists of alphavbeta5 integrin activationImmacolata Vocca
Institute of Genetics and Biophysics Adriano Buzzati Traverso, National Research Council, via Castellino, 111, Naples, Italy
Int J Cancer 124:316-25. 2009..These results shed light on the regulation of cell migration by uPA phosphorylation and provide a realistic opportunity for a novel antiinvasive/metastatic therapeutic intervention...
- A biochemical characterization of the binding of osteopontin to integrins alpha v beta 1 and alpha v beta 5D D Hu
Cancer Research Center, La Jolla Cancer Research Foundation, California 92037, USA
J Biol Chem 270:26232-8. 1995..Collectively, these findings prove that integrins alpha v beta 1, alpha v beta 3, and alpha v beta 5 have similar affinity for OPN. Therefore, all three integrins must be considered when evaluating the biological affects of OPN...
- Tumor cell invasion is promoted by activation of protease activated receptor-1 in cooperation with the alpha vbeta 5 integrinS C Even-Ram
Departments of Oncology and Pharmacology at the Hadassah Hebrew University Hospital, Jerusalem 91120, Israel, The Department of Hematology, Medical Center, Tel Aviv 64239, Israel
J Biol Chem 276:10952-62. 2001..We propose that the activation of PAR1 may lead to a novel cooperation with the alpha(v)beta(5) integrin that supports tumor cell invasion...
- A novel integrin specificity exemplified by binding of the alpha v beta 5 integrin to the basic domain of the HIV Tat protein and vitronectinB E Vogel
La Jolla Cancer Research Foundation, California 92037
J Cell Biol 121:461-8. 1993..These data define an auxiliary integrin binding specificity for basic amino acid sequences. These basic domain binding sites may function synergistically with the binding sites that recognize RGD or equivalent sequences...
- Rack1, a receptor for activated protein kinase C, interacts with integrin beta subunitJ Liliental
Department of Medicine, Microbiology and Immunology, University of California at Los Angeles School of Medicine 90095, USA
J Biol Chem 273:2379-83. 1998..These findings suggest that Rack1 may link protein kinase C directly to integrins and participate in the regulation of integrin functions...
- The alphavbeta5 integrin functions as an endocytic receptor for vitronectinL M Memmo
Cell and Molecular Biology Program, Albany Medical College, Albany, New York 12208, USA
J Cell Sci 111:425-33. 1998..This study provides the first evidence that the alphavbeta5 vitronectin receptor directly mediates the internalization of vitronectin...
- Inflammatory cytokines synergize with the HIV-1 Tat protein to promote angiogenesis and Kaposi's sarcoma via induction of basic fibroblast growth factor and the alpha v beta 3 integrinG Barillari
Laboratory of Virology, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Rome, Italy
J Immunol 163:1929-35. 1999....
- Urokinase receptor interacts with alpha(v)beta5 vitronectin receptor, promoting urokinase-dependent cell migration in breast cancerM V Carriero
National Cancer Institute, Naples, Italy
Cancer Res 59:5307-14. 1999..These data show that uPAR association with alpha(v)beta5 leads to a functional interaction of these receptors and suggest that uPAR directs cytoskeletal rearrangements and cell migration by altering alpha(v)beta5 signaling specificity...
- Src-mediated coupling of focal adhesion kinase to integrin alpha(v)beta5 in vascular endothelial growth factor signalingBrian P Eliceiri
Department of Immunology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
J Cell Biol 157:149-60. 2002..Our findings indicate that Src can coordinate specific growth factor and extracellular matrix inputs by recruiting integrin alpha(v)beta5 into a FAK-containing signaling complex during growth factor-mediated biological responses...
- P21-activated kinase 4 interacts with integrin alpha v beta 5 and regulates alpha v beta 5-mediated cell migrationHongquan Zhang
Karolinska Institutet, Department of Microbiology, Pathology, and Immunology, SE 141 86 Huddinge, Sweden
J Cell Biol 158:1287-97. 2002..Yeast two-hybrid screening identified PAK4 binding to the cytoplasmic domain of the integrin beta 5 subunit, an association that was also found in mammalian cells between endogenous PAK4 and integrin alpha v ..
- Myosin-X provides a motor-based link between integrins and the cytoskeletonHongquan Zhang
Karolinska Institutet, Department of Laboratory Medicine, Division of Pathology F46, Karolinska University Hospital Huddinge, SE 141 86 Huddinge, Sweden
Nat Cell Biol 6:523-31. 2004..Taken together, these results indicate that Myo10-mediated relocalization of integrins might serve to form adhesive structures and thereby promote filopodial extension...
- Involvement of alphavbeta5 integrin in the establishment of autocrine TGF-beta signaling in dermal fibroblasts derived from localized sclerodermaYoshihide Asano
Department of Dermatology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Kumamoto University, Kumamoto, Japan
J Invest Dermatol 126:1761-9. 2006..Anti-alphavbeta5 antibody reversed the myofibroblastic features of LSc fibroblasts. These results indicate that upregulated expression of alphavbeta5 contributes to autocrine TGF-beta signaling in LSc fibroblasts...
- Definitive endoderm derived from human embryonic stem cells highly express the integrin receptors alphaV and beta5Jennifer C Y Wong
Diabetes Transplant Unit, The Prince of Wales Hospital and University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia
Cell Adh Migr 4:39-45. 2010..This suggested a potential role of vitronectin binding integrins in the development of definitive endoderm...
- Overexpression of integrin beta 5 enhances the paracrine properties of circulating angiogenic cells via Src kinase-mediated activation of STAT3Maren Leifheit-Nestler
Department of Cardiology and Pulmonology, Georg August University, Goettingen, Germany
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 30:1398-406. 2010..To determine the intracellular mechanisms mediating the angiogenic effects of integrin alpha v beta 5 overexpression in circulating angiogenic cells (CACs)...
- p21-activated kinase 4 phosphorylation of integrin beta5 Ser-759 and Ser-762 regulates cell migrationZhilun Li
Center for Biosciences, Department of Biosciences and Nutrition, Karolinska Institutet, 141 83 Huddinge, Sweden
J Biol Chem 285:23699-710. 2010..Our results may give important leads to the functional regulation of integrin alphavbeta5, with implications for vascular permeability, angiogenesis, and cancer dissemination...
- Role of β5-integrin in epithelial-mesenchymal transition in response to TGF-βAnna Bianchi
Department of Cancer Genetics, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY, USA
Cell Cycle 9:1647-59. 2010..Finally, depletion of β5-integrin significantly reduced invasiveness of breast carcinoma cells. Thus, the β5-integrin adhesions contribute to the TGFβ-induced EMT and the tumorigenic potential of carcinoma cells...
- Expression of beta 1, beta 3, beta 4, and beta 5 integrins by human epidermal keratinocytes and non-differentiating keratinocytesJ C Adams
Keratinocyte Laboratory, Imperial Cancer Research Fund, London, England
J Cell Biol 115:829-41. 1991..ndk thus have a number of characteristics that distinguish them from normal basal keratinocytes...
- Cloning, primary structure and properties of a novel human integrin beta subunitH Ramaswamy
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115
EMBO J 9:1561-8. 1990..By immunoprecipitation, beta 5 was most prevalent on carcinoma cell lines, was also present on hepatoma and fibroblast cell lines, and was absent from lymphoblastoid cells and platelets...
- ADAM-9 (MDC-9/meltrin-gamma), a member of the a disintegrin and metalloproteinase family, regulates myeloma-cell-induced interleukin-6 production in osteoblasts by direct interaction with the alpha(v)beta5 integrinAbdullah Karadag
Division of Clinical Sciences, University of Sheffield Medical School, Beech Hill Road, Sheffield, S10 2RX, United Kingdom
Blood 107:3271-8. 2006..01). These data demonstrate that ADAM-9, expressed by myeloma cells, stimulates IL-6 production in hOBs by binding the alpha(v)beta5 integrin. This may have important consequences for the growth and survival of myeloma cells in bone...
- Cross talk between engulfment receptors stabilin-2 and integrin αvβ5 orchestrates engulfment of phosphatidylserine-exposed erythrocytesSoyoun Kim
Department of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Cell and Matrix Research Institute, School of Medicine, Kyungpook National University, Daegu, Republic of Korea
Mol Cell Biol 32:2698-708. 2012..Coordinated phagocytic signaling would be advantageous for physiological and pathological circumstances that require rapid clearance of abnormal (apoptotic or aged) cells...
- β5 integrin up-regulation in brain-derived neurotrophic factor promotes cell motility in human chondrosarcomaChih Yang Lin
Graduate Institute of Basic Medical Science, China Medical University, Taichung, Taiwan
PLoS ONE 8:e67990. 2013..BDNF thus represents a promising new target for treating chondrosarcoma metastasis. ..
- ITGB5 and AGFG1 variants are associated with severity of airway responsivenessBlanca E Himes
Channing Division of Network Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
BMC Med Genet 14:86. 2013..We sought to determine whether common genetic variants were associated with AHR severity...
- Alpha(v)beta5 integrins mediates Pseudomonas fluorescens interaction with A549 cellsElisabetta Buommino
Department of Experimental Medicine, Section of Microbiology and Clinical Microbiology, Second University of Naples, Italy
Front Biosci (Landmark Ed) 19:408-15. 2014..fluorescens adherence and internalization to A549 cells. Taken together, these findings suggest that Alpha(v)Beta5 integrins and their natural ligand VN are involved in P. fluorescens adherence and invasion in human epithelial cells...
- ERG induces a mesenchymal-like state associated with chemoresistance in leukemia cellsLiliana H Mochmann
Department of Hematology and Oncology, Charite University Medicine Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Oncotarget 5:351-62. 2014..after ERG induction strongly resembled adhesive mesenchymal-like genes that included integrins (ITGA10, ITGB5, ITGB3, ITGA2B), CD44, and CD24...
- Association between polymorphisms of microRNA-binding sites in integrin genes and gastric cancer in Chinese Han populationXingbo Song
Department of Laboratory Medicine, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu, Sichuan Province, People s Republic of China, 610041
Tumour Biol 36:2785-92. 2015..rs1062484 C/T in ITGA3, rs17664 A/G in ITGA6, rs3809865 A/T in ITGB3, rs743554 C/T in ITGB4, and rs2675 A/C in ITGB5) were studied using high resolution melting (HRM) analysis in 1000 GC patients and 1000 unrelated controls...
- αvβ5 Integrin/FAK/PGC-1α Pathway Confers Protective Effects on Retinal Pigment EpitheliumMurilo F Roggia
Department of Ophthalmology, Graduate School of Medicine and Faculty of Medicine, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
PLoS ONE 10:e0134870. 2015..To elucidate the mechanism of the induction of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor γ coactivator-1α (PGC-1α) by photoreceptor outer segments (POS) and its effects on retinal pigment epithelium (RPE)...
- Integrins functioning in uterine endometrial stromal and epithelial cells in estrusHye Jin Park
H Park, Department of Animal Life Science, Kangwon National University, Chuncheon, Korea the Republic of
Reproduction . 2016....
- The Foxc2 transcription factor regulates angiogenesis via induction of integrin beta3 expressionHisaki Hayashi
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, 2220 Pierce Avenue, Nashville, TN 37232 6300, USA
J Biol Chem 283:23791-800. 2008..molecules associated with cell-extracellular matrix interactions, integrin beta3 (Itgb3), integrin beta5 (Itgb5), and fibronectin, as downstream targets of Foxc2...
- [Regulatory mechanism of malignant behavior of endometriosis mediated by puerarin]Chao Qin Yu
Department of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Changhai Hospital, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai 200433, China
Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Xue Bao 7:41-7. 2009..To observe the inhibitory effects of puerarin on angiopoiesis of endometriotic tissue, and to explore the regulatory effects of puerarin on tumor-related gene expression of endometriosis...
- Structural basis of cargo recognition by the myosin-X MyTH4-FERM domainYoshinori Hirano
Structural Biology Laboratory, Nara Institute of Science and Technology, Nara, Japan
EMBO J 30:2734-47. 2011..Our results provide the molecular basis by which myosin-X facilitates alternative dual binding to cargos and microtubules...
- Saccharomyces boulardii improves intestinal epithelial cell restitution by inhibiting αvβ5 integrin activation stateAlexandra Canonici
Aix Marseille Universite, Centre de Recherche en Oncologie et Oncopharmacologie, Marseille, France Inserm UMR 9111, Marseille, France
PLoS ONE 7:e45047. 2012..This could be of major importance in diseases characterized by severe mucosal injury, such as inflammatory and infectious bowel diseases...
- Selective inhibition of prostaglandin E2 receptors EP2 and EP4 inhibits adhesion of human endometriotic epithelial and stromal cells through suppression of integrin-mediated mechanismsJehoon Lee
Reproductive Endocrinology and Cell Signaling Laboratory, Department of Integrative Biosciences, College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, Texas A and M University, College Station, TX 77843, USA
Biol Reprod 88:77. 2013..the expression and/or activity of specific integrin receptor subunits Itgb1 (beta1) and Itgb3 (beta3) but not Itgb5 (beta5), Itga1 (alpha1), Itga2 (alpha2), Itga5 (alpha5), and Itgav (alphav); 2) decreases integrin-signaling ..
- The differentiation of pancreatic tumor-initiating cells by vitronectin can be blocked by cilengitideStephanie M Cabarcas
Cancer Stem Cell Section, Laboratory of Cancer Prevention, Center for Cancer Research, Frederick National Laboratory for Cancer Research, Frederick, MD, USA
Pancreas 42:861-70. 2013..Within pancreatic cancer, TICs have been identified based on the expression of specific cell surface markers...
- Structural insights into the extra cellular segment of integrinβ5 and molecular interaction studiesAravind Setti
Depart of Genetics and Biotechnology, Osmania University, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India
J Recept Signal Transduct Res 33:319-24. 2013..The predicted model is conceived to be stereo chemically good and can be used for molecular interaction studies of angiogenic inhibitors...
- Differentially expressed genes in autosomal dominant osteopetrosis type II osteoclasts reveal known and novel pathways for osteoclast biologyAmélie E Coudert
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U606, Hopital Lariboisiere, Paris, France
Lab Invest 94:275-85. 2014..Although two of them have previously been found to be expressed in osteoclasts (ITGB5 and SERPINE2), the other five (CES1 (carboxyl esterase 1), UCHL1 (ubiquitin carboxy-terminal esterase L1, also ..
- Integrins αvβ5 and αvβ3 promote latent TGF-β1 activation by human cardiac fibroblast contractionVincent Sarrazy
Laboratory of Tissue Repair and Regeneration, Matrix Dynamics Group, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Toronto, 150 College Street, Toronto, ON, Canada M5S 3E2
Cardiovasc Res 102:407-17. 2014....
- KSHV attachment and entry are dependent on αVβ3 integrin localized to specific cell surface microdomains and do not correlate with the presence of heparan sulfateH Jacques Garrigues
Seattle Children s Research Institute, 1900 Ninth Avenue, 8th Floor, Seattle, WA 98101, USA Electronic address
Virology 464:118-33. 2014..Reconstitution of cell surface αVβ3 rendered HSG cells highly susceptible to KSHV infection, demonstrating a critical role for αVβ3 in the binding and entry of KSHV that is not shared with other proposed receptors. ..
- Gene expression profiling of Lucilia sericata larvae extraction/secretion-treated skin woundsErdal Polat
Department of Microbiology and Clinical Microbiology, Cerrahpasa Faculty of Medicine, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
Gene 550:223-9. 2014..genes that have the highest fold change (>1000-fold) were Col1a2, Col4a1, Ctsk, Ccl7, Angpt1, Cd40lg, Egf and Itgb5. Several of these gene products might play key roles in ES-induced wound healing...
- Differential DNA Methylation in Relation to Age and Health Risks of ObesityMaria Luisa Mansego
CIBEROBN, Fisiopatología de la Obesidad y la Nutrición, Institute of Health Carlos III, Madrid, Spain and Department of Nutrition, Food Science and Physiology, Nutrition Research Center, University of Navarra, Pamplona 31008, Spain
Int J Mol Sci 16:16816-32. 2015..significant associations between BMI or mRNA levels and two HRO-related CpG sites located in GPR133 and ITGB5 are reported...
- Integrin αVβ3 and αVβ5 are required for leukemia inhibitory factor-mediated the adhesion of trophoblast cells to the endometrial cellsTae Wook Chung
School of Korean Medicine and Healthy Aging Korean Medicine Research Center, Pusan National University, Yangsan, Gyeongsangnam do 626 780, Republic of Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 469:936-40. 2016..Here we show that LIF significantly induced mRNA expression of ITGAV, ITGB3, and ITGB5 in endometrial cells, as evidenced by RT-PCR and qRT-PCR analysis...
- Bufalin enhances antitumor effect of paclitaxel on cervical tumorigenesis via inhibiting the integrin α2/β5/FAK signaling pathwayFei Liu
Department of Gynecologic Oncology and Cancer Institute, Fudan University Shanghai Cancer Center, Shanghai, China
Oncotarget 7:8896-907. 2016..Thus, Bufalin may be developed as a potential therapeutic agent to treat cervical cancer...
- Cisplatin suppresses the growth and proliferation of breast and cervical cancer cell lines by inhibiting integrin β5-mediated glycolysisShaojia Wang
Cancer institute and Department of Gynecological Oncology, Fudan University Shanghai Cancer CenterShanghai 200032, China Department of Oncology, Shanghai Medical College, Fudan University270 Dong an Road, Shanghai 200032, China
Am J Cancer Res 6:1108-17. 2016..1 (GLUT1), glucose transporter 4 (GLUT4) and lactate dehydrogenase B (LDHB), through down-regulating integrin β5 (ITGB5)/focal adhesion kinase (FAK) signaling pathway...
- Co-expressed differentially expressed genes and long non-coding RNAs involved in the celecoxib treatment of gastric cancer: An RNA sequencing analysisBin Song
Department of Gastrointestinal Surgery, China Japan Union Hospital, Jilin University, Changchun, Jilin 130033, P R China
Exp Ther Med 12:2455-2468. 2016..i>ITGA3, ITGA6, ITGB4, ITGB5, ITGB6 and ITGB8 were enriched in the integrin-mediated signaling pathway...
- Integrin alpha v beta 8. Interaction with vitronectin and functional divergence of the beta 8 cytoplasmic domainS L Nishimura
Department of Medicine, University of California at San Francisco 94143
J Biol Chem 269:28708-15. 1994..We conclude that the beta 8 cytoplasmic domain, which is structurally unrelated to the conserved cytoplasmic domains of other beta subunits, is functionally distinct...
- HIV-1-Tat protein promotes chemotaxis and invasive behavior by monocytesR M Lafrenie
Laboratories of Developmental Biology and Immunology, National Institute of Dental Research, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, USA
J Immunol 157:974-7. 1996....
- [Correlation of cell apoptosis induction with expression of human beta5 integrin on hematopoietic cells]L Yin
Department of Pathophysiology, Shanghai Medical University, Shanghai 200032, China
Zhonghua Xue Ye Xue Za Zhi 22:13-6. 2001..To investigate the function of alpha(v)beta5 integrin in hematopoietic cells...
- Myelin proteolipid protein forms a complex with integrins and may participate in integrin receptor signaling in oligodendrocytesTatyana I Gudz
Department of Neurosciences, Lerner Research Institute, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
J Neurosci 22:7398-407. 2002..These data establish a novel function for PLP as a part of the integrin signaling complex in oligodendrocytes and suggest that neurotransmitter-mediated integrin receptor signaling may be involved in myelinogenesis...
- Integrin-dependent functions of the angiogenic inducer NOV (CCN3): implication in wound healingCristiane G Lin
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics, University of Illinois College of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois 60607 7170, USA
J Biol Chem 280:8229-37. 2005..These findings, together with its angiogenic activity, support a role for CCN3 in cutaneous wound healing in skin fibroblasts and establish its matricellular mode of action through integrin receptors...
- Syndecan-1 regulates alphavbeta3 and alphavbeta5 integrin activation during angiogenesis and is blocked by synstatin, a novel peptide inhibitorDeannaLee M Beauvais
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI 53706, USA
J Exp Med 206:691-705. 2009..Thus, Sdc1 is a critical regulator of these two important integrins during angiogenesis and tumorigenesis, and is inhibited by the novel SSTN peptide...
- Role of genetic susceptibility to latent adenoviral infection and decreased lung functionIkuma Kasuga
The James Hogg iCAPTURE Centre, University of British Columbia, St Paul s Hospital, Vancouver, Canada
Respir Med 103:1672-80. 2009..The receptor for adenovirus (CXADR) and integrin beta(5) (ITGB5) are host factors which might affect adenovirus infection...
- Cyr61 induces IL-6 production by fibroblast-like synoviocytes promoting Th17 differentiation in rheumatoid arthritisJinpiao Lin
Shanghai Institute of Immunology, Institute of Medical Sciences, Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, Shanghai 200025, China
J Immunol 188:5776-84. 2012..Our study also suggests that targeting of Cyr61 may represent a novel strategy in RA treatment...
- Diurnal, localized exposure of phosphatidylserine by rod outer segment tips in wild-type but not Itgb5-/- or Mfge8-/- mouse retinaLinda Ruggiero
Department of Biological Sciences, Center for Cancer, Genetic Diseases, and Gene Regulation, Fordham University, Bronx, NY 10458, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:8145-8. 2012..Moreover, our results demonstrate that the diurnal rhythm of PS demarcation of POS tips is not intrinsic to rod photoreceptors but requires activities of the RPE as well...
- c-Abl is an upstream regulator of acid sphingomyelinase in apoptosis induced by inhibition of integrins αvβ3 and αvβ5Xiuhai Ren
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Pediatrics, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California and The Saban Research Institute of Children s Hospital Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e42291. 2012..These studies implicate ASM as a mediator of apoptosis induced by inhibition of integrins αvβ3/αvβ5, and for the first time place c-Abl as an upstream regulator of ASM expression and activity...
- ATG proteins mediate efferocytosis and suppress inflammation in mammary involutionIrina Teplova
University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, Piscataway, NJ, USA
Autophagy 9:459-75. 2013..apoptotic bodies, but were defective phagocytes in association with reduced expression of the MERTK and ITGB5 receptors, thus pointing to defective apoptotic body engulfment...
- Integrin-β5 and zyxin mediate formation of ventral stress fibers in response to transforming growth factor βAnna Bianchi-Smiraglia
Department of Cancer Genetics Roswell Park Cancer Institute Buffalo, NY USA
Cell Cycle 12:3377-89. 2013..These findings provide a platform for defining the molecular mechanism regulating the organization and activities of VSFs in response to TGF-β. ..
- Enhancement of RANKL-induced MITF-E expression and osteoclastogenesis by TGF-βKumiko Asai
Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Azabu University School of Veterinary Medicine, Sagamihara, Japan
Cell Biochem Funct 32:401-9. 2014..the expression of dendritic cell-specific transmembrane protein (DC-STAMP), Itgav, Itga2, Itga5, Itgb1, Itgb3 and Itgb5, genes related to cell adhesion and fusion, were up-regulated by co-treatment with TGF-β...
- FERM domain-containing unconventional myosin VIIA interacts with integrin β5 subunit and regulates αvβ5-mediated cell adhesion and migrationYuqing Liu
Key laboratory of Carcinogenesis and Translational Research, Ministry of Education, Peking University Health Science Center, Beijing 100191, China State Key Laboratory of Natural and Biomimetic Drugs, Peking University Health Science Center, Beijing 100191, China Laboratory of Molecular Cell Biology and Tumor Biology, Department of Anatomy, Histology and Embryology, Peking University Health Science Center, Beijing 100191, China
FEBS Lett 588:2859-66. 2014..Functionally, Myo7a-induced cell adhesion and migration were mediated by integrin αvβ5. These findings indicated that Myo7a interacts with integrin β5 and selectively promotes integrin αvβ5-mediated cell migration. ..
- Combinatorial fibronectin and laminin signaling promote highly efficient cardiac differentiation of human embryonic stem cellsSilin Sa
Graduate Group in Biological Engineering and Small scale Technologies, University of California, Merced, California
Biores Open Access 3:150-61. 2014..Moreover, the LN receptor integrin β4 (ITGB4) and FN receptor integrin β5 (ITGB5) genes, jointly with increased phosphorylated focal adhension kinase and phosphorylated extracellular signal-..
- αvβ3, αvβ5 and αvβ6 integrins in brain metastases of lung cancerAnna Sophie Berghoff
Institute of Neurology, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Clin Exp Metastasis 31:841-51. 2014..Expression of αv integrin subunits seem to be of pathobiological and clinical relevance in patients with NSCLC BM. Further investigations of their involvement in the brain metastatic cascade and their role as biomarkers are warranted...
- Transforming growth factor-beta (TGF- β) signaling in paravertebral muscles in juvenile and adolescent idiopathic scoliosisRoman Nowak
Department of Orthopedics, School of Medicine with the Division of Dentistry, Medical University of Silesia, Wojewódzki Szpital Specjalistyczny nr 5 Plac Medyków 1, 41 200 Sosnowiec, Poland
Biomed Res Int 2014:594287. 2014..overrepresentation of the genes localized in the extracellular region of curve concavity: LTBP3, LTBP4, ITGB4, and ITGB5. This finding suggests the extracellular region of paravertebral muscles as an interesting target for future ..
- FERM domain-containing protein FRMD5 regulates cell motility via binding to integrin β5 subunit and ROCK1Jinxia Hu
Key laboratory of Carcinogenesis and Translational Research, Ministry of Education, Peking University Health Science Center, Beijing 100191, China State Key Laboratory of Natural and Biomimetic Drugs, Peking University Health Science Center, Beijing 100191, China Laboratory of Molecular Cell Biology and Tumor Biology, Department of Anatomy, Histology and Embryology, Peking University Health Science Center, Beijing 100191, China Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Peking University Health Science Center, Beijing 100191, China Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Binzhou Medical University, Yantai 264000, Shandong, China
FEBS Lett 588:4348-56. 2014..Taken together, these findings demonstrate that the putative tumor suppressive protein FRMD5 regulates tumor cell motility via a dual pathway involving FRMD5 binding to integrin β5 tail and to ROCK1. ..
- Focal-adhesion-independent integrin-αv regulation of FAK and c-Myc is necessary for 3D skin formation and tumor invasionElizabeth K Duperret
Department of Dermatology, Perelman School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, BRB 1010, 421 Curie Blvd, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Cell Sci 128:3997-4013. 2015..These phenotypes depend only on the binding partners of integrin-αv--integrin β5 and integrin β6 (also known as ITGB5 and ITGB6, respectively)...
- Enhanced CLIP Uncovers IMP Protein-RNA Targets in Human Pluripotent Stem Cells Important for Cell Adhesion and SurvivalAnne E Conway
Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA Stem Cell Program and Institute for Genomic Medicine, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA Laboratory of Genetics, Salk Institute for Biological Studies, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Cell Rep 15:666-79. 2016..For cell adhesion, we find IMP1 maintains levels of integrin mRNA specifically regulating RNA stability of ITGB5 in hPSCs. Additionally, we show that IMP1 can be linked to hPSC survival via direct target BCL2...
- Targeting ανβ3 and ανβ5 inhibits photon-induced hypermigration of malignant glioma cellsStefan Rieken
University Hospital of Heidelberg, Department of Radiation Oncology, Heidelberg, Germany
Radiat Oncol 6:132. 2011..This study was set up to describe mechanisms underlying increased glioma cell migration through photon irradiation and to analyse the modifiability of photon-altered glioma cell motility by integrin inhibition...
- Expression of mesenchymal-related genes by the bovine trophectoderm following conceptus attachment to the endometrial epitheliumSachiko Yamakoshi
Laboratory of Animal Breeding, Graduate School of Agricultural and Life Sciences, The University of Tokyo, 1 1 1 Yayoi, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8657, Japan
Reproduction 143:377-87. 2012..alpha 8 (ITGA8), integrin, beta 3 (platelet glycoprotein IIIa, antigen CD61) (ITGB3), and integrin, beta 5 (ITGB5) mRNAs on day 22...
- A genome-wide association study identifies two novel promising candidate genes affecting Escherichia coli F4ab/F4ac susceptibility in swineWei Xuan Fu
Key Laboratory of Animal Genetics Breeding and Reproduction, Ministry of Agriculture, College of Animal Science and Technology, China Agricultural University, Beijing, China
PLoS ONE 7:e32127. 2012..From these significant findings, two novel candidate genes, HEG1 and ITGB5, were firstly identified as the most promising genes underlying F4ab/F4ac susceptibility in swine according to ..
- Degradation of internalized αvβ5 integrin is controlled by uPAR bound uPA: effect on β1 integrin activity and α-SMA stress fiber assemblyLingyan Wang
Department of Ophthalmology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e33915. 2012..Our data support a novel mechanism by which downregulation of uPA/uPAR results in increased integrin αvβ5 cell-surface protein levels that regulate the activity of β1 integrins, promoting characteristics of the persistent Mf...
- Mitochondrial dysfunction promotes cell migration via reactive oxygen species-enhanced β5-integrin expression in human gastric cancer SC-M1 cellsWen Yi Hung
Department and Institute of Pharmacology, School of Medicine, National Yang Ming University, and Department of Surgery, Taipei Veterans General Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Biochim Biophys Acta 1820:1102-10. 2012..Mitochondrial dysfunction has been shown to promote cancer cell migration. However, molecular mechanism by which mitochondrial dysfunction enhances gastric cancer (GC) cell migration remains unclear...
- Highly invasive melanoma cells activate the vascular endothelium via an MMP-2/integrin αvβ5-induced secretion of VEGF-AAnna Desch
Division of Experimental Dermatology, Department of Dermatology, Venereology, and Allergology, Medical Faculty Mannheim, University of Heidelberg, Mannheim, Germany
Am J Pathol 181:693-705. 2012..In conclusion, these results indicate an important role of VEGF-A in acute endothelium activation and provide clear evidence that MMP-2 plays a pivotal role in the autocrine regulation of VEGF-A expression in melanoma cells...
- The matrix protein CCN1/CYR61 is required for α(V)β5-mediated cancer cell migrationJana Jandova
Department of Medicine, Dermatology Division, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85724, USA
Cell Biochem Funct 30:687-95. 2012..These results represent an advance to the understanding of the role of CYR61 and α(V)β5 integrin as proteins that cooperate to mediate cancer cell migration...
- Integrin β5 contributes to the tumorigenic potential of breast cancer cells through the Src-FAK and MEK-ERK signaling pathwaysA Bianchi-Smiraglia
Department of Cancer Genetics, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY, USA
Oncogene 32:3049-58. 2013....
- CTGF increases IL-6 expression in human synovial fibroblasts through integrin-dependent signaling pathwayShan Chi Liu
Institute of Biomedical Sciences, National Chung Hsing University, Taichung, Taiwan
PLoS ONE 7:e51097. 2012..CTGF is abundantly expressed in osteoarthritis (OA). However, the relationship between CTGF and IL-6 in OA synovial fibroblasts (OASFs) is mostly unknown...
- Elevated expression of integrin αv and β5 subunit in laryngeal squamous-cell carcinoma associated with lymphatic metastasis and angiogenesisFeng Li
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Second Affiliated Hospital of Harbin Medical University, Harbin 150081, PR China
Pathol Res Pract 209:105-9. 2013..Among the members of integrin αv subfamily, integrin αvβ5 might play an important role in invasion and metastases of the LSCC, and it may become a valuable marker for the evolution of the LSCC...
- Integrin and defensin modulate the mechanical properties of adenovirusJoost Snijder
Natuur en Sterrenkunde and LaserLab, VU University, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Virol 87:2756-66. 2013..Host factors that influence adenovirus infectivity thus modulate the elastic properties of the capsid. Our findings reveal a direct link between virus-host interactions and capsid mechanics...
- Androgen receptor-target genes in african american prostate cancer disparitiesBi Dar Wang
Department of Pharmacology and Physiology, The George Washington University Medical Center, Washington, DC 20037, USA
Prostate Cancer 2013:763569. 2013..Chromatin immunoprecipitation confirmed STAT1, RHOA, ITGB5, MAPKAPK2, CSNK2A,1 and PIK3CB genes as novel AR targets in PCa disparities...
- Monitoring of deiodinase deficiency based on transcriptomic responses in SH-SY5Y cellsMee Song
Cellular and Molecular Toxicology Laboratory, Center for Integrated Risk Research, Korea Institute of Science and Technology KIST, P O BOX 131, Cheongryang, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Arch Toxicol 87:1103-13. 2013..The expression levels of 10 of these genes (ID2, ID3, CCL2, TBX3, TGOLN2, C1orf71, ZNF676, GULP1, KLF9, and ITGB5) were altered by deiodinase-disrupting chemicals (2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin, polychlorinated biphenyls, ..
- Purification and functional characterization of integrin alpha v beta 5. An adhesion receptor for vitronectinJ W Smith
Department of Immunology IMM13, Research Institute of Scripps Clinic, La Jolla, California 92037
J Biol Chem 265:11008-13. 1990..Secondly, polyclonal antibodies raised against alpha v beta 5 immunoprecipitate both beta 5 and beta x, and finally, the amino-terminal amino acid sequences of beta x and beta 5 are identical...
- cDNA sequence of the human integrin beta 5 subunitJ W McLean
Department of Cardiovascular Research, Genentech Inc, South San Francisco, California 94080
J Biol Chem 265:17126-31. 1990....
- Cloning of an integrin beta subunit exhibiting high homology with integrin beta 3 subunitS Suzuki
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Southern California School of Medicine, Los Angeles
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 87:5354-8. 1990..The beta subunit described herein seems to be identical to the beta x subunit and to function as the beta subunit of a vitronectin receptor...
- Alpha-V/beta-3 and alpha-V/beta-5 integrin distribution in neoplastic kidneyH Rabb
Department of Internal Medicine, James A Haley Veterans Hospital, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Am J Nephrol 16:402-8. 1996..Variations in alpha v beta 3-and alpha v beta 5-integrin expression may play a role in normal and neoplastic processes of the kidney...
- Expression and function of alpha(v)beta(3) and alpha(v)beta(5) integrins in the developing pancreas: roles in the adhesion and migration of putative endocrine progenitor cellsV Cirulli
The Islet Research Laboratory at The Whittier Institute for Diabetes, La Jolla, California, USA
J Cell Biol 150:1445-60. 2000..Thus, these data provide the first evidence for the contribution of integrins alpha(v)beta(3) and alpha(v)beta(5) and their ligands to morphogenetic events in the human endocrine pancreas...
- alphavbeta5 integrin recruits the CrkII-Dock180-rac1 complex for phagocytosis of apoptotic cellsM L Albert
Laboratory of Neuro Oncology, Rockefeller University, 1230 York Avenue, Box 226 New York 10021, USA
Nat Cell Biol 2:899-905. 2000....
- MDC-9 (ADAM-9/Meltrin gamma) functions as an adhesion molecule by binding the alpha(v)beta(5) integrinM Zhou
Division of Genomic Medicine, University of Sheffield Medical School, Sheffield, United Kingdom
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 280:574-80. 2001..These data indicated that the disintegrin domain of MDC-9 can function as an adhesion molecule by interacting with an alpha(v)beta(5) integrin...
- CYR61 stimulates human skin fibroblast migration through Integrin alpha vbeta 5 and enhances mitogenesis through integrin alpha vbeta 3, independent of its carboxyl-terminal domainT M Grzeszkiewicz
Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Illinois College of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois 60607, USA
J Biol Chem 276:21943-50. 2001..Together, these findings establish CYR61 as a novel ligand for integrin alpha(v)beta(5) and show that CYR61 interacts with distinct integrins to mediate disparate activities in a cell type-specific manner...
- Fertilin beta and other ADAMs as integrin ligands: insights into cell adhesion and fertilizationJ P Evans
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Johns Hopkins University School of Hygiene and Public Health, Baltimore, MD 615 N Wolfe St, Room 3606A, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Bioessays 23:628-39. 2001..Key issues in cell adhesion that pertain to gametes and fertilization will also be highlighted...
- Identification of motifs in the fasciclin domains of the transforming growth factor-beta-induced matrix protein betaig-h3 that interact with the alphavbeta5 integrinJung Eun Kim
Cell and Matrix Biology National Research Laboratory, Department of Biochemistry, Kyungpook National University School of Medicine, Taegu 700 422, Korea
J Biol Chem 277:46159-65. 2002..This suggests that fas-1 domain-containing proteins may perform their biological functions by interacting with integrins...
- The integrin alphavbeta3 is a receptor for the latency-associated peptides of transforming growth factors beta1 and beta3Steven B Ludbrook
Department of Systems Research, GlaxoSmithKline Research and Development, Gunnels Wood Road, Stevenage SG1 2NY, U K
Biochem J 369:311-8. 2003..Furthermore, they are important as they link alpha(v)beta(3) and TGFbeta, which may have implications in cancer and a number of inflammatory and fibrotic diseases where expression of both proteins has been documented...
- Integrin-nucleated Toll-like receptor (TLR) dimerization reveals subcellular targeting of TLRs and distinct mechanisms of TLR4 activation and signalingHaifeng Zhang
National University Medical Institutes, Clinical Research Centre, Blk MD11, 10 Medical Drive, Singapore 117597, Singapore
FEBS Lett 532:171-6. 2002..NF-kappaB activation by TLR2/1, TLR2/6 and the TLR4 monomer, but not TLR4/4, was completely inhibited by dominant negative MyD88, suggesting that TLR4 homodimers and monomers could activate NF-kappaB through different mechanisms...
- Integrin beta cytoplasmic domain interactions with phosphotyrosine-binding domains: a structural prototype for diversity in integrin signalingDavid A Calderwood
Division of Vascular Biology, Department of Cell Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:2272-7. 2003..These data establish that short integrin beta tails interact with a large number of PTB domain-containing proteins through a structurally conserved mechanism...
- Alpha v beta 5 integrin-dependent programmed cell death triggered by a peptide mimic of annexin VMarina Cardo-Vila
M D Anderson Cancer Center, The University of Texas, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Mol Cell 11:1151-62. 2003..Our results suggest a functional link between the alpha v beta 5 integrin, annexin V, and programmed cell death. We propose the term "endothanatos" to designate this phenomenon...
- Smooth muscle contraction and relaxationR Clinton Webb
Department of Physiology, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, Georgia 30912, USA
Adv Physiol Educ 27:201-6. 2003..Removal of Ca(2+) from the cytosol and stimulation of myosin phosphatase initiate the process of smooth muscle relaxation...
- Characterization of the expression of key adenoviral receptors CAR and integrin beta3/beta5 subunits on the membrane of human NT2 neuronsDeqi Huang
Experimental Stroke Group, NRC Institute for Biological Sciences, National Research Council of Canada, Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0R6, Canada
J Mol Neurosci 24:323-8. 2004..These observations suggest that modulating the expression of integrin subunits beta3/5 or the functional heterodimer alphavbeta3/5 in human NT2/Ns may enhance adenoviral infectivity of NT2/Ns...
- Adhesiveness of beta5 integrin variant lacking FNK767-769 is similar to that of the prototype containing FNKFNK764-769Ei Kawahara
Department of Laboratory Sciences, School of Health Sciences, Kanazawa University Faculty of Medicine, 5 11 80 Kodatsuno, Kanazawa 920 0942, Japan
Cell Biol Int 29:521-8. 2005..CHO cells transfected with single-FNK and repeated-FNK showed similar adhesiveness to, and proliferative activity on, vitronectin substrates...
- Four and half lim protein 2 (FHL2) stimulates osteoblast differentiationChung Fang Lai
Division of Bone and Mineral Diseases, Department of Internal Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Bone Miner Res 21:17-28. 2006..Overexpression of FHL2 increases the accumulation of osteoblast differentiation markers and matrix mineralization, whereas FHL2 deficiency results in inhibition of osteoblast differentiation and decreased bone formation...
- Expression of integrins in cerebral arteriovenous and cavernous malformationsAskin Seker
Department of Neurosurgery, Institute of Neurological Sciences, Marmara University, Istanbul, Turkey
Neurosurgery 58:159-68; discussion 159-68. 2006..To assess and compare levels and patterns of expression for integrins alphavbeta1, alphavbeta3, and alphavbeta5 in arteriovenous malformations (AVMs) and cavernous malformations (CCMs) of the brain...
- The apoptotic-cell receptor CR3, but not alphavbeta5, is a regulator of human dendritic-cell immunostimulatory functionMojca Skoberne
New York University School of Medicine, 550 First Ave, MSB 507, New York, NY 10016, USA
Blood 108:947-55. 2006..This immunomodulatory role, however, is countered by a significant inflammatory stimulus such as bacterial infection. Overall, our data suggest that under steady-state conditions, signaling via CRs predominates to render DCs tolerogenic...
- betaig-h3 triggers signaling pathways mediating adhesion and migration of vascular smooth muscle cells through alphavbeta5 integrinByung Heon Lee
Department of Biochemistry and Cell and Matrix Biology Research Institute, School of Medicine, Kyungpook National University, Daegu 700 422, Korea
Exp Mol Med 38:153-61. 2006..Taken together, these results suggest that betaig-h3 and alphavbeta5 integrin play a role in the adhesion and migration of VSMCs during the pathogenesis of atherosclerosis...
- Transcriptosome and serum cytokine profiling of an atypical case of myelodysplastic syndrome with progression to acute myelogenous leukemiaDaruka Mahadevan
University of Arizona Cancer Center, Tucson, Arizona 85724, USA
Am J Hematol 81:779-86. 2006..oncogenes (HOXA9, N-MYC, KOC1), proliferative genes (PAWR, DLG5, AKR1C3), invasion/metastatic genes (FN1, N-CAM-1, ITGB5), pro-angiogenesis genes (c-Kit), and down regulation of tumor suppressor genes (SUI1, BARD1) and anti-apoptotic ..
- Hypoxia modifies the transcriptome of primary human monocytes: modulation of novel immune-related genes and identification of CC-chemokine ligand 20 as a new hypoxia-inducible geneMaria Carla Bosco
Laboratory of Molecular Biology, G Gaslini Institute, Genova, Italy
J Immunol 177:1941-55. 2006..MSR1, MARCO, TLR7), immunoregulatory, costimulatory, and adhesion molecules (CD32, CD64, CD69, CD89, CMRF-35H, ITGB5, LAIR1, LIR9), chemokines/cytokines and receptors (CCL23, CCL15, CCL8, CCR1, CCR2, RDC1, IL-23A, IL-6ST)...
- Cooperation between Myc and YY1 provides novel silencing transcriptional targets of alpha3beta1-integrin in tumour cellsF de Nigris
Department of General Pathology, Division of Clinical Pathology, 1st School of Medicine, II University of Naples, Naples, Italy
Oncogene 26:382-94. 2007..YY1 regulated negatively the Myc activity through a direct interaction with the Myc/Max and deacetylase complexes. This represents a novel silencing mechanism with broad implications in the transcription machinery of tumours...
- TAP20, NOVEL INTEGRIN MODULATING PROTEINShaoqing Tang; Fiscal Year: 2001..We anticipate that these studies should provide data that will be useful in designing new strategic for pharmacologic intervention in ischemic vascular disease and cancer. ..
- CELL ADHESION MOLECULES OF MAMMALIAN FERTILIZATIONJanice Evans; Fiscal Year: 2008..This research also will also address fundamental questions in cell adhesion biology by examining this interesting, biologically relevant cell-cell interaction event. ..
- Cytokines and angiotensin II-induced hypertensionR Webb; Fiscal Year: 2008..Biostatistical support and scientific management will be coordinated through the Administrative Unit. From these integrated projects, a better understanding of the factors contributing to hypertension will emerge. ..