Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: IRX3
Description: iroquois homeobox 3
Alias: IRX-1, IRXB1, iroquois-class homeodomain protein IRX-3, homeodomain protein IRXB1, iroquois homeobox protein 3, iroquois-class homeodomain protein IRX-1
- Long-range gene regulation links genomic type 2 diabetes and obesity risk regions to HHEX, SOX4, and IRX3Anja Ragvin
Department of Clinical Medicine, University of Bergen, N 5020 Bergen, Norway
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:775-80. 2010..noncoding elements and overlap with the genomic regulatory blocks of the transcription factor genes HHEX, SOX4, and IRX3. We report that human highly conserved noncoding elements in LD with the risk SNPs drive expression in endoderm or ..
- Obesity-associated variants within FTO form long-range functional connections with IRX3Scott Smemo
1 Department of Human Genetics, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA 2
Nature 507:371-5. 2014..noncoding sequences within FTO are functionally connected, at megabase distances, with the homeobox gene IRX3. The obesity-associated FTO region directly interacts with the promoters of IRX3 as well as FTO in the human, mouse ..
- Catalpol preserves neural function and attenuates the pathology of Alzheimer's disease in miceJin zhong Huang
Department of Neurology, The Third Affiliated Hospital of Soochow University, Changzhou, Jiangsu 213000, P R China
Mol Med Rep 13:491-6. 2016..senile plaques and reverse-transcription quantitative polymerase chain reaction was used to assess iroquois homeobox protein 3 (IRX3) and obesity‑associated genes, while western blot analysis was used for β‑secretase 1 (BACE1)..
- Formation of proximal and anterior limb skeleton requires early function of Irx3 and Irx5 and is negatively regulated by Shh signalingDanYi Li
Program in Developmental and Stem Cell Biology, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, ON M5G 1L7, Canada Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON MS5 1A8, Canada
Dev Cell 29:233-40. 2014..Here, we show that patterning of the proximal and anterior limb skeleton involves two phases. Irx3 and Irx5 (Irx3/5) are essential in the initiating limb bud to specify progenitors of the femur, tibia, and digit 1...
- Comparison of refractive error measures by the IRX3 aberrometer and autorefractionSara Jayne McCullough
MCOptom, PhD Vision Science Research Group, School of Biomedical Sciences, University of Ulster, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom all authors
Optom Vis Sci 91:1183-90. 2014To compare the aberrometry-derived refractive error measurements from the IRX3 aberrometer (Imagine Eyes, Orsay, France) with a standardized measure of refractive error from the Shin-Nippon SRW-5000 (Japan) autorefractor in a large sample ..
- Iro/IRX transcription factors negatively regulate Dpp/TGF-β pathway activity during intestinal tumorigenesisOscar Martorell
Institute for Research in Biomedicine IRB Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain Institut de Biologia Molecular de Barcelona IBMB CSIC, Barcelona, Spain
EMBO Rep 15:1210-8. 2014..We also show that this genetic interaction is conserved in human CRC cells, where the Iro/IRX proteins IRX3 and IRX5 diminish the response to TGF-β...
- Genetic dissection of Gata2 selective functions during specification of V2 interneurons in the developing spinal cordCédric Francius
CRicm, UPMC Inserm UMR_S 975 CNRS UMR 7225, Laboratoire de Biotechnologie et Biotherapie, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, CERVI, 83 bd de l hopital, F 75013, Paris, France
Dev Neurobiol 75:721-37. 2015..1, Irx3, Gata2, Foxn4, and Ascl1, and signaling pathways such as Notch and TGF-β, the sequence order of the activation of ..
- The proangiogenic effect of iroquois homeobox transcription factor Irx3 in human microvascular endothelial cellsKisha Scarlett
From the Cardiovascular Research Institute and
J Biol Chem 290:6303-15. 2015..Iroquois homeobox gene 3 (Irx3) is a transcription factor of the Iroquois family of homeobox genes...
- FTO modulates circadian rhythms and inhibits the CLOCK-BMAL1-induced transcriptionChao Yung Wang
Department of Cardiology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital and Chang Gung University College of Medicine, Taiwan Electronic address
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 464:826-32. 2015..These FTO variations were recently shown to affect IRX3 and the exact function of FTO is still controversial. Obesity is closely linked to circadian rhythm...
- Transcriptional Control of Synaptic Remodeling through Regulated Expression of an Immunoglobulin Superfamily ProteinSiwei He
Neuroscience Graduate Program, Vanderbilt International Scholar Program, Vanderbilt University, 465 21 st Avenue South, Nashville, TN 37240 7935, USA
Curr Biol 25:2541-8. 2015..Our study provides a novel mechanism by which synaptic remodeling is set in motion through regulated expression of an Ig domain protein. ..
- Intrathecal Transplantation of Embryonic Stem Cell-Derived Spinal GABAergic Neural Precursor Cells Attenuates Neuropathic Pain in a Spinal Cord Injury Rat ModelInsik Hwang
School of Biosystem and Biomedical Science, College of Health Science, Korea University, Anam Dong, Seongbuk gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Cell Transplant 25:593-607. 2016..1 and high levels of Irx3 and Pax6...
- Genetic defects in a His-Purkinje system transcription factor, IRX3, cause lethal cardiac arrhythmiasAkiko Koizumi
Department of Bio Informational Pharmacology, Medical Research Institute, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Tokyo, Japan
Eur Heart J 37:1469-75. 2016..b>Irx3/IRX3 encodes a transcription factor specifically expressed in the His-Purkinje system in the heart...
- Association of FTO and IRX3 genetic variants to obesity risk in north IndiaApurva Srivastava
a Department of Physiology, King George s Medical University, Chowk, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India
Ann Hum Biol 43:451-6. 2016..Recent genetic studies suggest that obesity associated FTO and IRX3 are functionally linked and many effects due to genetic variants in FTO gene act through IRX3.
- Irx3 and Bmp2 Regulate Mouse Mesenchymal Cell Chondrogenic Differentiation in Both a Sox9-Dependent and -Independent MannerYoshihiro Tamamura
School of Health and Sports Science, Mukogawa Women s University, Nishinomiya, Japan
J Cell Physiol . 2017..Among these, we selected positive regulators for chondrogenesis and identified Iroquois-related homeobox 3 (Irx3) as one of the candidate genes...
- The 'Fat Mass and Obesity Related' (FTO) gene: Mechanisms of Impact on Obesity and Energy BalanceJohn R Speakman
Institute of Genetics and Developmental Biology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 1 Beichen Xilu, Chaoyang, Beijing, China
Curr Obes Rep 4:73-91. 2015..It has been recently suggested that although the obesity related SNPs reside in the first intron of FTO, they may not only impact FTO but mediate their obesity effects via nearby genes (notably RPGRIP1L and IRX3).
- Irx3 is required for postnatal maturation of the mouse ventricular conduction systemKyoung Han Kim
Program in Developmental and Stem Cell Biology, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, ON M5G 0A4, Canada
Sci Rep 6:19197. 2016..We have previously established that the Irx3 homeobox gene regulates rapid electrical propagation in the VCS by modulating the transcription of gap junction ..
- IGF-2/IGF-1R signaling has distinct effects on Sox1, Irx3, and Six3 expressions during ES cell derived-neuroectoderm development in vitroNozomu Takata
Laboratory for in vitro Histogenesis, RIKEN Center for Developmental Biology, 2 2 3 Minatojima minamimachi, Chuou ku, Kobe, Hyogo, 650 0047, Japan
In Vitro Cell Dev Biol Anim 52:607-15. 2016..cell lines and we found that the IGF-2/IGF-1R signaling upregulated the expression of the posterior neural marker Irx3. In contrast, the anterior neural marker Six3 was downregulated by IGF-2/IGF-1R signaling...
- Genomic markers of panitumumab resistance including ERBB2/ HER2 in a phase II study of KRAS wild-type (wt) metastatic colorectal cancer (mCRC)Garrett S Barry
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC V6T 2B5, Canada
Oncotarget 7:18953-64. 2016..A Nanostring nCounter-based assay identified a 5-gene expression signature (ERBB2, MLPH, IRX3, MYRF, and KLK6) associated with panitumumab resistance (P = 0.001)...
- Hypomorphism of Fto and Rpgrip1l causes obesity in miceGeorge Stratigopoulos
J Clin Invest 126:1897-910. 2016..on FTO, RPGRIP1L, and AKT-interacting protein (AKTIP) expression, but expression of other vicinal genes, including IRX3, IRX5, and RBL2, which have been implicated in mediating functional effects, was not altered...
- Downregulation of miR-377 contributes to IRX3 deregulation in hepatocellular carcinomaPei Wang
Division of Gastroenterology, Union Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, Hubei 430022, P R China
Oncol Rep 36:247-52. 2016..However, the association of IRX3, a member of the IRX family, with hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) has not previously been studied...
- Important Role of FTO in the Survival of Rare Panresistant Triple-Negative Inflammatory Breast Cancer Cells Facing a Severe Metabolic ChallengeBalraj Singh
Department of Breast Surgical Oncology, and Morgan Welch Inflammatory Breast Cancer Research Program and Clinic, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, United States of America
PLoS ONE 11:e0159072. 2016..Obesity-associated cis-acting elements in non-coding region of FTO regulate the expression of IRX3 gene, thus activating obesity networks...
- Microinjection-based generation of mutant mice with a double mutation and a 0.5 Mb deletion in their genome by the CRISPR/Cas9 systemSatoshi Hara
Department of Systems Biomedicine, National Research Institute for Child Health and Development, Tokyo 157 8535, Japan
J Reprod Dev 62:531-536. 2016..using a microinjection-based CRISPR/Cas9 system, we efficiently generated mouse lines carrying mutations at the Irx3 and Irx5 loci, which are located in close proximity on a chromosome and are functionally redundant...
- Effect of Single Administration of Coffee on Pupil Size and Ocular Wavefront Aberration Measurements in Healthy SubjectsHandan Bardak
Department of Ophthalmology, Haydarpasa Numune Training and Research Hospital, Uskudar, 34668 Istanbul, Turkey
Biomed Res Int 2016:9578308. 2016..before and at 5 minutes, at 30 minutes, and at 4 hours after coffee drinking using a wavefront aberrometer device (Irx3, Imagine Eyes, Orsay, France). The mean age of the study population was 20.30 ± 2.74 years...
- Expression patterns of Irx genes in the developing chick inner earSheila Cardeña-Núñez
Department of Cell Biology, School of Science, University of Extremadura, Avda de Elvas s n, E06071, Badajoz, Spain
Brain Struct Funct . 2016..The Iroquois (Iro/Irx) genes, clustered in two groups (A: Irx1, Irx2, and Irx4; and B: Irx3, Irx5, and Irx6), encode for transcriptional factors involved directly in numerous patterning processes of ..
- Folding of xylan onto cellulose fibrils in plant cell walls revealed by solid-state NMRThomas J Simmons
Department of Biochemistry and Leverhulme Centre for Natural Material Innovation, Hopkins Building, Downing Site, University of Cambridge, Cambridge CB2 1QW, UK
Nat Commun 7:13902. 2016..rigidity to the cellulose microfibrils, but reverts to the threefold screw conformation in the cellulose-deficient irx3 mutant...
- Somatic motoneurone specification in the hindbrain: the influence of somite-derived signals, retinoic acid and Hoxa3Sonia Guidato
MRC Centre for Developmental Neurobiology, 4th floor New Hunt s House, King s College, Guy s Campus, London SE1 1UL, UK
Development 130:2981-96. 2003..motoneurones in ventral rhombomeres 1-4, and was accompanied by the repression of the dorsoventral patterning gene Irx3. Taken together, these observations suggest that the somites, retinoic acid and Hox genes play a role in patterning ..
- Identification of six potential markers for the detection of circulating canine mammary tumour cells in the peripheral blood identified by microarray analysisA Da Costa
Institute of Veterinary Pathology, Freie Universitat Berlin, Robert von Ostertag Strasse 15, 14163 Berlin, Germany
J Comp Pathol 146:143-51. 2012..Six mRNA markers, AGR2, ATP8B1, CRYAB, F3 IRX3 and SLC1A1 were expressed in cell lines, but not PBL...
- Repeatability of internal aberrometry with a new simultaneous capture aberrometer/corneal topographerPaul Gifford
School of Optometry and Vision Science, University of New South Wales, Sydney, NSW 2052, Australia
Optom Vis Sci 89:929-38. 2012..CT) measured simultaneously by the Innovative Visual Systems Discovery, against time displaced but same instrument measurement (Nidek OPD-Scan 3), and time displaced different instrument measurement (Medmont E300 and Imagine Eyes irx3).
- Cooperative and antagonistic roles for Irx3 and Irx5 in cardiac morphogenesis and postnatal physiologyNathalie Gaborit
Gladstone Institute of Cardiovascular Disease, San Francisco, CA 94158, USA
Development 139:4007-19. 2012..for certain postnatal cardiac functions, including cardiac repolarization (Irx5) and rapid ventricular conduction (Irx3). Irx genes are expressed in dynamic and partially overlapping patterns in the developing heart...
- Functional analysis of complexes with mixed primary and secondary cellulose synthasesShundai Li
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology The Center for LignoCellulose Structure and Formation Pennsylvania State University University Park, PA USA
Plant Signal Behav 8:e23179. 2013..at three of them cause the collapse of mature xylem cells in inflorescence stems of Arabidopsis (irx1(cesa8), irx3(cesa7) and irx5(cesa4)). These CESA genes are considered secondary cell wall CESAs...
- FGF signalling regulates chromatin organisation during neural differentiation via mechanisms that can be uncoupled from transcriptionNishal S Patel
Division of Cell and Developmental Biology, College of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, Dundee, United Kingdom
PLoS Genet 9:e1003614. 2013..structured illumination microscopy, we show that chromatin around key differentiation gene loci Pax6 and Irx3 undergoes both decompaction and displacement towards the nuclear centre coincident with transcriptional onset...
- Monitoring meso-scale ordering of cellulose in intact plant cell walls using sum frequency generation spectroscopyYong Bum Park
Departments of Biology, Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pennsylvania 16802
Plant Physiol 163:907-13. 2013..SFG analysis of two cellulose synthase mutants (irx1/cesa8 and irx3/cesa7) indicates a reduction in cellulose content without evidence of altered cellulose structure...
- Irx3 and Pax6 establish differential competence for Shh-mediated induction of GABAergic and glutamatergic neurons of the thalamusEllen Robertshaw
Medical Research Council Centre for Developmental Neurobiology, King s College London, London SE1 1UL, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:E3919-26. 2013..is established by the overlapping expression of two transcription factors: Iroquois-related homeobox gene 3 (Irx3) posterior to the ZLI, and paired box gene 6 (Pax6) anterior to the forebrain-midbrain boundary...
- Activation of stem-cell specific genes by HOXA9 and HOXA10 homeodomain proteins in CD34+ human cord blood cellsChristina M Ferrell
Department of Medicine, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94121, USA
Stem Cells 23:644-55. 2005..Other validated genes included v-ets-related gene (ERG), Iroquois 3 (IRX3), aldehyde dehydrogenase 1 (ALDH1), and very long-chain acyl-CoA synthetase homolog 1 (VLCS-H1)...
- A dynamic switch in the replication timing of key regulator genes in embryonic stem cells upon neural inductionPascale Perry
Lymphocyte Development Group, MRC Clinical Sciences Centre, Imperial College School of Medicine, Hammersmith Hospital, London, UK
Cell Cycle 3:1645-50. 2004..In particular, we demonstrate that DNA replication at a subset of neural-associated genes including Pax3, Pax6, Irx3, Nkx2.9 and Mash1 is advanced upon neural induction, consistent with increased locus accessibility...
- Hedgehog signaling from the ZLI regulates diencephalic regional identityClemens Kiecker
MRC Centre for Developmental Neurobiology, 4th Floor, New Hunt s House, Guy s Hospital Campus, King s College, London SE1 1UL, UK
Nat Neurosci 7:1242-9. 2004..of thalamic and prethalamic primordia in responding to Shh signaling is regulated by the transcription factor Irx3. We show that, through the release of Shh, the ZLI functions as a local signaling center that regulates the ..
- The irregular xylem 2 mutant is an allele of korrigan that affects the secondary cell wall of Arabidopsis thalianaPio M J Szyjanowicz
School of Biological Sciences, University of Manchester, 3 614 Stopford Building, Manchester M13 9PT, UK
Plant J 37:730-40. 2004..Co-precipitation experiments, using either an epitope-tagged form of KOR or IRX3 (AtCesA7), suggest that KOR is not an integral part of the cellulose synthase complex...
- Wnt signaling is required at distinct stages of development for the induction of the posterior forebrainMichelle M Braun
Program in Neurobiology and Behavior, Department of Biological Structure, Box 357420, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Development 130:5579-87. 2003..manifestations of anteroposterior pattering in the developing brain is the restricted expression of Six3 and Irx3 in the anterior and posterior forebrain, respectively...
- A new cellulose synthase gene (PtrCesA2) from aspen xylem is orthologous to Arabidopsis AtCesA7 (irx3) gene associated with secondary cell wall synthesisAnita Samuga
Plant Biotechnology Research Center, School of Forestry and Wood Products, Michigan Technological University, 1400 Townsend Drive, Houghton 49931, USA
Gene 296:37-44. 2002..Previously, a mutation in AtCesA7 gene (irx3) was correlated with a significant decrease in the amount of cellulose synthesized (about 70%) and genetic ..
- Early subdivisions in the neural plate define distinct competence for inductive signalsDaisuke Kobayashi
Department of Neurobiology, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 0033, Japan
Development 129:83-93. 2002..Next we found that homeodomain transcription factors Six3 and Irx3 can alter the regional responses to both Fgf8 and Shh in the forebrain...
- Identification of novel genes in Arabidopsis involved in secondary cell wall formation using expression profiling and reverse geneticsDavid M Brown
Faculty of Life Science, University of Manchester, Manchester M13 9PT United Kingdom
Plant Cell 17:2281-95. 2005..similar expression pattern to the secondary cell wall-specific cellulose synthase genes IRREGULAR XYLEM1 (IRX1) and IRX3. Cross-referencing this analysis with publicly available microarray data resulted in the selection of 16 genes for ..
- Xiro3 encodes a Xenopus homolog of the Drosophila Iroquois genes and functions in neural specificationE J Bellefroid
Wellcome CRC Institute, Tennis Court Road, Cambridge CB2 1QR, UK
EMBO J 17:191-203. 1998We have identified in Xenopus and in the mouse two highly related genes, Xiro3 and Irx3 respectively, that encode a Drosophila Iroquois-related homeobox transcription factor...
- Iroquois homeobox gene 3 establishes fast conduction in the cardiac His-Purkinje networkShan Shan Zhang
Gladstone Institute of Cardiovascular Disease, San Francisco, CA 94158, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:13576-81. 2011..Here we show that Iroquois homeobox gene 3 (Irx3) is critical for efficient conduction in this specialized tissue by antithetically regulating two gap junction-..
- A transcriptional program promotes remodeling of GABAergic synapses in Caenorhabditis elegansSarah C Petersen
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee 37232, USA
J Neurosci 31:15362-75. 2011..Moreover, the well established roles of these conserved transcription factors in mammalian neural development suggest that a similar cascade may also control synaptic plasticity in more complex nervous systems...
- The irregular xylem3 locus of Arabidopsis encodes a cellulose synthase required for secondary cell wall synthesisN G Taylor
University of Manchester, School of Biological Science, Manchester M13 9PT, United Kingdom
Plant Cell 11:769-80. 1999The irregular xylem3 (irx3) mutant of Arabidopsis has a severe deficiency in secondary cell wall cellulose deposition that leads to collapsed xylem cells...
- Regulated expression patterns of IRX-2, an Iroquois-class homeobox gene, in the human breastM T Lewis
Department of Biology, Sinsheimer Laboratories, University of California, Santa Cruz, CA 95064, USA
Cell Tissue Res 296:549-54. 1999..Data suggest IRX-2 functions in epithelial cell differentiation and demonstrate regulated expression during ductal and lobular proliferation as well as lactation...
- Expression of two novel mouse Iroquois homeobox genes during neurogenesisD R Cohen
Program in Developmental Biology, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Mech Dev 91:317-21. 2000..Three mouse Irx genes, Irx1, Irx2 and Irx3, have been previously identified and are expressed with distinct spatio-temporal patterns during neurogenesis...
- A homeodomain protein code specifies progenitor cell identity and neuronal fate in the ventral neural tubeJ Briscoe
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biophysics, Columbia University, New York, New York 10032, USA
Cell 101:435-45. 2000..The combinatorial expression of three of these proteins--Nkx6.1, Nkx2.2, and Irx3--specifies the identity of three classes of neurons generated in the ventral third of the neural tube.
- Patterning the embryonic heart: identification of five mouse Iroquois homeobox genes in the developing heartV M Christoffels
Experimental and Molecular Cardiology Group, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Dev Biol 224:263-74. 2000..b>Irx3 was found to be expressed specifically in the trabeculated myocardium of the ventricles...
- The forkhead transcription factor Foxf1 is required for differentiation of extra-embryonic and lateral plate mesodermM Mahlapuu
Department of Molecular Biology, Goteborg University, The Lundberg Laboratory, Medicinaregatan 9C, Box 462, S 405 30 Goteborg, Sweden
Development 128:155-66. 2001..Expression of Foxf1 and the homeobox gene Irx3 defines the splanchnic and somatic mesodermal layers, respectively...
- Structure of cellulose-deficient secondary cell walls from the irx3 mutant of Arabidopsis thalianaMarie Ann Ha
Chemistry Department, Glasgow University, Glasgow G12 8QQ, Scotland, UK
Phytochemistry 61:7-14. 2002In the Arabidopsis mutant irx3, truncation of the AtCesA7 gene encoding a xylem-specific cellulose synthase results in reduced cellulose synthesis in the affected xylem cells and collapse of mature xylem vessels...
- Irx3 is differentially up-regulated in female gonads during sex determinationJoan S Jorgensen
Department of Veterinary Biosciences, University of Illinois, 2001 South Lincoln Avenue, Urbana, IL 61802, USA
Gene Expr Patterns 5:756-62. 2005b>Irx3 is a member of the Iroquois homeobox gene family that encodes a protein known for its essential role in spinal cord development. Transcript screening of male and female gonads during the critical period of sex determination (E12-13...
- Multiple cellulose synthase catalytic subunits are required for cellulose synthesis in ArabidopsisN G Taylor
School of Biological Sciences, University of Manchester, Manchester, M13 9PT, United Kingdom
Plant Cell 12:2529-2540. 2000..IRX1 shows homology to a previously described cellulose synthase (IRX3)...
- Expression of Irx6 during mouse morphogenesisJ Mummenhoff
Institut für Entwicklungs und Molekularbiologie der Tiere EMT, Heinrich Heine Universitat, 40225 Dusseldorf, Germany
Mech Dev 103:193-5. 2001..Irx1, Irx2 and Irx4 belong to the IrxA cluster on chromosome 13, whereas Irx3, Irx5 and Irx6, comprising the IrxB cluster, are located on chromosome 8 (Peters et al., Genome Res...
- Expression of two novel zebrafish iroquois homologues (ziro1 and ziro5) during early development of axial structures and central nervous systemX Wang
Department of Biological Sciences, National University of Singapore, 119260, Singapore, Singapore
Mech Dev 105:191-5. 2001..Interestingly, all three iroquois zebrafish genes are expressed in the notochord while only Irx3 is active in the mouse notochord. Their expression in later stages of embryogenesis was also compared.
- Gene and cluster-specific expression of the Iroquois family members during mouse developmentA C Houweling
Experimental and Molecular Cardiology Group, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, 1105 AZ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Mech Dev 107:169-74. 2001..of the murine family were found to be organized in two cognate clusters of three genes each, Irx1, -2, -4 and Irx3, -5, -6, respectively (Peters et al., 2000)...
- Neuronal induction and regional identity by co-culture of adherent human embryonic stem cells with chicken notochords and somitesHossein Salehi
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Royan Institute for Animal Biotechnology, Esfahan, Iran
Int J Dev Biol 55:321-6. 2011..Moreover, in somite and notochord co-culture groups, hESCs-derived neuronal cells expressed HOXB4, OTX2, IRX3 and PAX6, indicative of dorsal hindbrain and ventral anterior identities, respectively...
- Interactions among three distinct CesA proteins essential for cellulose synthesisNeil G Taylor
School of Biological Sciences, University of Manchester, Manchester M13 9PT, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:1450-5. 2003..have an identical phenotype to previously described mutations in two other members of this gene family (IRX1 and IRX3)...
- Pax6 regulates specification of ventral neurone subtypes in the hindbrain by establishing progenitor domainsMasanori Takahashi
Department of Developmental Neurobiology, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine, 2 1, Seiryo machi, Aoba ku, Sendai 980 8575, Japan
Development 129:1327-38. 2002..We also observed that domains of all other HD protein genes (Nkx2.2, Nkx6.1, Irx3, Dbx2 and Dbx1) were shifted and their boundaries became blurred...
- Identification of cellulose synthase AtCesA7 (IRX3) in vivo phosphorylation sites--a potential role in regulating protein degradationNeil G Taylor
Centre for Novel Agricultural Products, Department of Biology, University of York, York, YO10 5DD, UK
Plant Mol Biol 64:161-71. 2007..This is a possible mechanism by which plants regulate the relative levels of the three proteins whose specific interaction are required to form an active cellulose synthase complex...
- Reversine increases the plasticity of lineage-committed cells toward neuroectodermal lineageEun Kyung Lee
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, College of Pharmacy, and Samsung Biomedical Research Institute, Sungkyunkwan University, Suwon, Korea
J Biol Chem 284:2891-901. 2009..Reversine treatment leads to up-regulation of priming genes of neuroectodermal lineages, such as Ngn2, Nts, Irx3, Pax7, Hes1, and Hes6, through active histone modifications in the promoter regions of these genes...
- Interaction between transcription factors Iroquois proteins 4 and 5 controls cardiac potassium channel Kv4.2 gene transcriptionWenjie He
Department of Environmental and Occupational Health, Graduate School of Public Health, University of Pittsburgh, 100 Technology Drive, Bridgeside Point, Pittsburgh, PA 15219, USA
Cardiovasc Res 81:64-71. 2009..2 gene across the left ventricular wall of rodent hearts. Here, we analyse molecular mechanisms underlying the Irx5-induced regulation of the rat Kv4.2 promoter...
- Expression study of cadherin7 and cadherin20 in the embryonic and adult rat central nervous systemMasanori Takahashi
Division of Developmental Neuroscience, Center for Translational and Advanced Animal Research, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine, 2 1, Seiryo machi, Aoba ku, Sendai, 980 8575, Japan
BMC Dev Biol 8:87. 2008..In this study, we identified rat cad7 and cad20 and analyzed their expression patterns in embryonic and adult rat brains...
- A dual requirement for Iroquois genes during Xenopus kidney developmentPilar Alarcon
Centro Andaluz de Biologia del Desarrollo, CSIC UPO, Sevilla, Spain
Development 135:3197-207. 2008The Iroquois (Irx) genes encode evolutionary conserved homeoproteins. We report that Xenopus genes Irx1 and Irx3 are expressed and required during different stages of Xenopus pronephros development...
- R-spondin 2 is required for normal laryngeal-tracheal, lung and limb morphogenesisSheila M Bell
Section of Neonatology, Perinatal and Pulmonary Biology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center and the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
Development 135:1049-58. 2008..reduced branching, a reduction in TOPGAL reporter activity, and reduced expression of the downstream Wnt target Irx3. Interbreeding the Rspo2(Tg) and Lrp6(-) alleles resulted in more severe defects consisting of marked lung ..
- Directed differentiation of ventral spinal progenitors and motor neurons from human embryonic stem cells by small moleculesXue Jun Li
Department of Anatomy and the Stem Cell Research Program, Madison, Wisconsin 53705, USA
Stem Cells 26:886-93. 2008..2+, Irx3+, and Pax7-), with the exception of motor neurons (HB9+) and their progenitors (Olig2+)...
- Repeatability and reliability of ocular aberration measurements in contact lens wearSuzanne Efron
Eurolens Research, The University of Manchester, Moffat Building, P O Box 88, Manchester M60 1QD, United Kingdom
Cont Lens Anterior Eye 31:81-8. 2008..To assess repeatability and within- and between-observer reliability when measuring ocular aberrations with and without soft contact lens wear...
- The prepattern transcription factor Irx3 directs nephron segment identityLuca Reggiani
Department of Chemistry and Applied Biosciences, Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, ETH Zurich, CH 8093, Zurich, Switzerland
Genes Dev 21:2358-70. 2007..To date, the genetic basis of regionalization of the nephron has remained largely unknown. Here we show that Irx3, a member of the Iroquois (Irx) gene family, acts as a master regulator of intermediate tubule fate...
- Cell lineage and regional identity of cultured spinal cord neural stem cells and comparison to brain-derived neural stem cellsTheresa K Kelly
The Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Behavior, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California, USA
PLoS ONE 4:e4213. 2009..expressed between cortical and spinal cord derived neurospheres, including many Hox genes, Nuclear receptors, Irx3, Pace4, Lhx2, Emx2 and Ntrk2. NSCs in the cortex express LeX...
- Impairment of cellulose synthases required for Arabidopsis secondary cell wall formation enhances disease resistanceCamilo Hernández-Blanco
Centro de Biotecnología y Genómica de Plantas, Departamento de Biotecnologia, Universidad Politecnica de Madrid, Escuela Técnica Superior Ingenieros Agrónomos, E 28040 Madrid, Spain
Plant Cell 19:890-903. 2007..In Arabidopsis thaliana, three types of CESA subunits (CESA4/IRREGULAR XYLEM5 [IRX5], CESA7/IRX3, and CESA8/IRX1) are required for secondary cell wall formation...
- Arabidopsis MYB26/MALE STERILE35 regulates secondary thickening in the endothecium and is essential for anther dehiscenceCaiyun Yang
Plant Sciences Division, School of Biosciences, University of Nottingham, Sutton Bonington Campus, Loughborough, Leicstershire LE12 5RD, United Kingdom
Plant Cell 19:534-48. 2007..MYB26 regulates a number of genes linked to secondary thickening, including IRREGULAR XYLEM1 (IRX1), IRX3, IRX8, and IRX12...
- Fluctuations in intraocular pressure and the potential effect on aberrations of the eyeM Asejczyk-Widlicka
School of Biomedical Sciences, University of Ulster, Cromore Road, Coleraine BT52 1SA, UK
Br J Ophthalmol 91:1054-8. 2007..To investigate the fluctuations in intraocular pressure during the day and to see if these are associated with changes in corneal shape and in the patterns of ocular aberrations...
- Defects in brain patterning and head morphogenesis in the mouse mutant Fused toesIsabelle Anselme
Biologie du Développement, CNRS UMR7622, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, 9 quai Saint Bernard, 75252 Paris Cedex 05, France
Dev Biol 304:208-20. 2007..6-Mb deletion on chromosome 8. This deletion eliminates six genes, three members of the Iroquois gene family, Irx3, Irx5 and Irx6, which form the IrxB cluster, and three other genes of unknown function, Fts, Ftm and Fto...
- DNA methylation pathway alterations in an autochthonous murine model of prostate cancerShannon R Morey
Departments of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY 14263, USA
Cancer Res 66:11659-67. 2006..In contrast, hypermethylation of the 5' CpG island region of the homeobox gene Irx3 in TRAMP is associated with reduced gene expression...
- Concise review: epigenetic mechanisms contribute to pluripotency and cell lineage determination of embryonic stem cellsQiong Gan
Department of Molecular Physiology and Biological Physics, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
Stem Cells 25:2-9. 2007..embryonic stem cells (ESCs), wherein a number of untranscribed lineage-control genes, such as Sox1, Nkx2-2, Msx1, Irx3, and Pax3, are epigenetically modified with a unique combination of activating and repressive histone modifications ..
- Comprehensive DNA methylation profiling in a human cancer genome identifies novel epigenetic targetsJ M Ordway
Orion Genomics, St Louis, MO 63108, USA
Carcinogenesis 27:2409-23. 2006..Finally, we report six new targets of epigenetic inactivation (IRX3, WNT10A, WNT6, RARalpha, BMP7 and ZGPAT)...
- Transforming properties of 8p11-12 amplified genes in human breast cancerZeng Quan Yang
Breast Cancer Program and Systems and Computational Biology, Karmanos Cancer Institute, Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan 48201, USA
Cancer Res 70:8487-97. 2010..Further, we identified several WHSC1L1 target genes, one of which is iroquois homeobox 3 gene (IRX3), a member of the Iroquois homeobox transcription factor family.
- Stage-specific mice ovarian somatic cell is involved in primordial folliculogenesisGe Li
State Key Laboratory for Agro Biotechnology, College of Biological Sciences, China Agricultural University, Beijing, PR China
Front Biosci (Elite Ed) 3:1025-33. 2011..Here, we found after the PF pool is established, Irx3 and FoxL2 which were extensively expressed in the OSCs of the perinatal mouse decreased...
- Mir-17-3p controls spinal neural progenitor patterning by regulating Olig2/Irx3 cross-repressive loopJun An Chen
Departments of Pathology and Cell Biology, Neurology, and Neuroscience, Center for Motor Neuron Biology and Disease, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, NY 10032, USA
Neuron 69:721-35. 2011..neurons (pMN) and V2 interneurons (p2) are specified by a pair of cross-repressive transcription factors, Olig2 and Irx3. Lineage tracing revealed that many p2 progenitors transiently express the pMN marker Olig2 during spinal cord ..
- The fused toes locus is essential for somatic-germ cell interactions that foster germ cell maturation in developing gonads in miceBongki Kim
Department of Animal Sciences, University of Illinois, Urbana, IL, USA
Biol Reprod 84:1024-32. 2011..Previously, we discovered that Irx3 expression was localized specifically to female gonads during embryonic development; therefore, we sought to ..
- An ancient mechanism of hindbrain patterning has been conserved in vertebrate evolutionEva Jimenez-Guri
Department of Experimental and Health Sciences, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona, Spain
Evol Dev 13:38-46. 2011..However, while Irx3 is expressed anteriorly in amniotes, a novel Irx gene, iro7, acts in teleosts...
- Cell wall composition contributes to the control of transpiration efficiency in Arabidopsis thalianaYun Kuan Liang
School of Biological Sciences, University of Bristol, Woodland Road, Bristol BS8 1UG, UK
Plant J 64:679-86. 2010..We report the identification of a new allele of the Arabidopsis CesA7 cellulose synthase locus designated AtCesA7(irx3-5) involved in the control of TE. Leaves of the AtCesA7(irx3-5) mutant are warmer than the wild type (WT)...
- Evaluation of the comparability and repeatability of four wavefront aberrometersNienke Visser
University Eye Clinic, Maastricht University Medical Centre, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 52:1302-11. 2011..To compare total ocular aberrations and corneal aberrations identified with four different aberrometers and to determine the repeatability and interobserver variability...
- Direct control of Hoxd1 and Irx3 expression by Wnt/beta-catenin signaling during anteroposterior patterning of the neural axis in XenopusSylvie Janssens
Department for Molecular Biomedical Research, VIB, B 9052 Ghent, Belgium
Int J Dev Biol 54:1435-42. 2010..Here we show that HoxD1 and Irx3 are transcriptionally induced by the Wnt pathway during neurulation...
- Primordial germ cell proliferation is impaired in Fused Toes mutant embryosBongki Kim
Department of Animal Sciences, University of Illinois, Urbana, IL 61801, USA
Dev Biol 349:417-26. 2011..5. The six genes within the Ft locus include the IrxB cluster (Irx3, -5, -6), Fts, Ftm, and Fto, of which only Ftm, Fto, and Fts are expressed in primordial germ cells of the early ..
- Laminar organization of the early developing anterior hypothalamusAurore Caqueret
Research Center, Hopital Sainte Justine, 3175 Cote Sainte Catherine, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3T 1C5
Dev Biol 298:95-106. 2006..We examined the expression pattern of 10 of the identified genes--Cart, Cbln1, Alcam, Unc-13c, Rgs4, Lnx4, Irx3, Sax1, Ldb2 and Neurod6--by in situ hybridization in E12.5 embryos...
- Deletions of 16q in Wilms tumors localize to blastemal-anaplastic cells and are associated with reduced expression of the IRXB renal tubulogenesis gene clusterLinda Holmquist Mengelbier
Department of Clinical Genetics, University and Regional Laboratories, Lund University, Skane University Hospital, SE 221 85 Lund, Sweden
Am J Pathol 177:2609-21. 2010..The smallest region of deletion overlap mapped to a 1.8-Mb segment containing the IRXB gene cluster including IRX3, IRX5, and IRX6, of which IRX3 is a recently identified regulator of tubular maturation during nephrogenesis...
- Gender-related differences in ion-channel and transporter subunit expression in non-diseased human heartsNathalie Gaborit
INSERM, UMR915, l institut du thorax, Nantes, France
J Mol Cell Cardiol 49:639-46. 2010..Iroquois transcription factors (IRX3, IRX5) were more strongly expressed in female than male epicardium, but the transmural gradient remained...
- Wnt4/5a signalling coordinates cell adhesion and entry into meiosis during presumptive ovarian follicle developmentFlorence Naillat
Laboratory of Developmental Biology, Department of Medical Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Oulu Centre for Cell Matrix Research, Institute of Biomedicine, Biocenter Oulu, University of Oulu, PO Box 5000, FIN 90220 Oulu, Finland
Hum Mol Genet 19:1539-50. 2010..ovary, in fact, rescues the female property to a certain degree, as seen by inhibition of Cyp26b1 and induction of Irx3 gene expression...
- Regional variation in mRNA transcript abundance within the ventricular wallBarbara Rosati
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Institute of Molecular Cardiology, BST Room 124, Level 6, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY 11794 8661, USA
J Mol Cell Cardiol 40:295-302. 2006..The transcription factor genes Irx3, Irx5 and Etv1 were found to be expressed in transmural gradients across the ventricular wall of rat heart and also ..
- Foxl2 functions in sex determination and histogenesis throughout mouse ovary developmentJose Elias Garcia-Ortiz
Laboratory of Genetics, NIA NIH IRP, Baltimore, MD, USA
BMC Dev Biol 9:36. 2009..g., Rspo1. Here we report expression profiling of mouse ovaries that lack Foxl2 alone or in combination with Wnt4 or Kit/c-Kit...
- Repeatability of corneal and ocular aberration measurements and changes in aberrations over one weekMarco A Miranda
Faculty of Life Sciences, The University of Manchester, United Kingdom
Clin Exp Optom 92:253-66. 2009Both Shack-Hartmann aberrometry (IRX3, Imagine Eyes, Orsay, France) and Scheimpflug photography (Oculus Pentacam, Oculus Inc Wetzlar, Germany) are known to provide repeatable measurements...
- The Xenopus Irx genes are essential for neural patterning and define the border between prethalamus and thalamus through mutual antagonism with the anterior repressors Fezf and ArxElisa Rodríguez-Seguel
Centro Andaluz de Biologia del Desarrollo CABD, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas Universidad Pablo de Olavide, Carretera de Utrera Km1, 41013 Sevilla, Spain
Dev Biol 329:258-68. 2009..contain six Irx genes organized in two clusters, IrxA (which harbors Irx1, Irx2 and Irx4) and IrxB (which harbors Irx3, Irx5 and Irx6)...
- Iroquois Homeobox Transcription Factors in Heart Development and PhysiologyBENOIT GAETAN BRUNEAU; Fiscal Year: 2010..We propose three Specific Aims: 1. To define the role of Irx3 in establishing the identity of the developing distal conduction system of the mouse heart. 2...
- Impact of Information Prescriptions on Medication Adherence in ED PatientsNancy K Roderer; Fiscal Year: 2010..The proposed interventions are structured from low cost- intensity (IRx1) to higher cost-intensity (IRx3). It is expected that there should be increasing benefit with more intensive interventions...
- Joan S Jorgensen; Fiscal Year: 2016..The fundamental hypothesis guiding this proposal is that Iroquois homeobox transcription factors, Irx3/5, which are tightly regulated by [unreadable]catenin, coordinate somatic cell-oocyte communication to promote ..
- Transcriptional Control of Mammalian Sexual DevelopmentSergei G Tevosian; Fiscal Year: 2013..g., Sp5, Sprr2d, Irx3 and Gng13) have been recently identified as sexually dimorphic by us and others...
- The Role of Iroquois Homeobox Genes in VasculogenesisLeonard M Anderson; Fiscal Year: 2010..Indeed, our preliminary data indicates that Irx3 is expressed in VSMCs and is modulated in a temporal manner during VSMC differentiation from multipotent progenitor ..
- STEROIDS REPRESS LH THROUGH PROTEIN/PROTEIN INTERACTIONSJOAN JORGENSEN; Fiscal Year: 2003..In Aim 3, we propose to design transgenic mice in order to define the site and mechanism of steroidogenic regulation on the LHbeta subunit gene. ..
- Sexually Dimorphic Regulation Of SF-1 In GonadogenesisJOAN JORGENSEN; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..