Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: IREB2
Description: iron responsive element binding protein 2
Alias: ACO3, IRP2, IRP2AD, iron-responsive element-binding protein 2, IRE-BP 2, iron regulatory protein 2
Publications201 found, 100 shown here
- Targeted deletion of the gene encoding iron regulatory protein-2 causes misregulation of iron metabolism and neurodegenerative disease in miceT LaVaute
Cell Biology and Metabolism Branch, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Nat Genet 27:209-14. 2001..Here we generate mice with a targeted disruption of the gene encoding Irp2 (Ireb2). These mutant mice misregulate iron metabolism in the intestinal mucosa and the central nervous system...
- Yersiniabactin production by Pseudomonas syringae and Escherichia coli, and description of a second yersiniabactin locus evolutionary groupAlain Bultreys
Département Biotechnologie, Centre Wallon de Recherches Agronomiques, Chaussée de Charleroi 234, B 5030 Gembloux, Belgium
Appl Environ Microbiol 72:3814-25. 2006..HPLC-proven yersiniabactin-producing E. coli lacked modifications found in irp1 and irp2 in the human pathogen CFT073, and it is not clear whether CFT073 produces yersiniabactin...
- Sulfide increases labile iron pool in RD4 cellsJonas Hälldin
Department of Neurochemistry, Stockholm University, Stockholm, Sweden
Biometals 21:127-31. 2008..We have also detected the amounts of L-ferritin protein as well as the iron regulatory protein 2 (IRP2). The sulfide treatment resulted in a 100% increase in the amount of LIP after 1 and 2 h...
- Phylogeny, virulence factors and antimicrobial susceptibility of Escherichia coli isolated in clinical bovine mastitisLeena Suojala
Department of Production Animal Medicine, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Helsinki, Paroninkuja 20, FI 04920 Saarentaus, Finland
Vet Microbiol 147:383-8. 2011..Altogether 56 isolates (38.9%) had at least one virulence gene detected. Most common virulence genes detected were irp2, iucD, papC iss; genes svg, stx1, stx2, cnf1 and hlyA were not found...
- Iron regulatory proteins 1 and 2 in human monocytes, macrophages and duodenum: expression and regulation in hereditary hemochromatosis and iron deficiencyStefania Recalcati
Institute of General Pathology, Milano, Italy
Haematologica 91:303-10. 2006The functions of the iron regulatory proteins (IRP1 and IRP2), which control cellular iron homeostasis are similar but not identical...
- HOIL-1 is not required for iron-mediated IRP2 degradation in HEK293 cellsKimberly B Zumbrennen
Eccles Program in Human Molecular Biology and Genetics, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1783:246-52. 2008b>Iron regulatory protein 2 (IRP2) binds to iron-responsive elements (IREs) to regulate the translation and stability of mRNAs encoding several proteins involved in mammalian iron homeostasis...
- Coordinated regulation of iron-controlling genes, H-ferritin and IRP2, by c-MYCK J Wu
Division of Oncology, Department of Pathology, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA an
Science 283:676-9. 1999..which sequesters intracellular iron, and to stimulate the expression of the iron regulatory protein-2 (IRP2), which increases the intracellular iron pool...
- Oxygen and iron regulation of iron regulatory protein 2Eric S Hanson
Eccles Program in Human Molecular Biology and Genetics and the Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah 84112, USA
J Biol Chem 278:40337-42. 2003b>Iron regulatory protein 2 (IRP2) is a central regulator of cellular iron homeostasis due to its regulation of specific mRNAs encoding proteins of iron uptake and storage...
- Excess capacity of the iron regulatory protein systemWei Wang
Department of Cancer Biology, Public Health Sciences, Wake Forest University Health Sciences, Winston Salem, North Carolina 27157, USA
J Biol Chem 282:24650-9. 2007Iron regulatory proteins (IRP1 and IRP2) are master regulators of cellular iron metabolism...
- Human iron regulatory protein 2 is easily cleaved in its specific domain: consequences for the haem binding properties of the proteinCamille Dycke
CEA, DSV, iRTSV, Laboratoire de Chimie et Biologie des Metaux, 17 rue des Martyrs, Grenoble F 38054, France
Biochem J 408:429-39. 2007Mammalian IRPs (iron regulatory proteins), IRP1 and IRP2, are cytosolic RNA-binding proteins that post-transcriptionally control the mRNA of proteins involved in storage, transport, and utilization of iron...
- Cysteine oxidation regulates the RNA-binding activity of iron regulatory protein 2Kimberly B Zumbrennen
Department of Oncological Sciences, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
Mol Cell Biol 29:2219-29. 2009b>Iron regulatory protein 2 (IRP2) is an RNA-binding protein that regulates the posttranscriptional expression of proteins required for iron homeostasis such as ferritin and transferrin receptor 1...
- A genome-wide association study in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD): identification of two major susceptibility lociSreekumar G Pillai
Genetics Division, GlaxoSmithKline Research and Development, Research Triangle Park, NC, USA
PLoS Genet 5:e1000421. 2009..1371/journal.pgen.1000429). The CHRNA 3/5 and the HHIP loci make a significant contribution to the risk of COPD. CHRNA3/5 is the same locus that has been implicated in the risk of lung cancer...
- Control of iron homeostasis by an iron-regulated ubiquitin ligaseAjay A Vashisht
Department of Biological Chemistry, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Science 326:718-21. 2009..The degradation of iron regulatory protein 2 (IRP2) in iron-replete cells is a key event in this pathway, but the E3 ubiquitin ligase responsible for ..
- An E3 ligase possessing an iron-responsive hemerythrin domain is a regulator of iron homeostasisAmeen A Salahudeen
Department of Biochemistry, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
Science 326:722-6. 2009..responsible for iron uptake, release, use, and storage through the actions of the iron regulatory proteins IRP1 and IRP2. However, the manner in which iron levels are sensed to affect IRP2 activity is poorly understood...
- Integration of genomic and genetic approaches implicates IREB2 as a COPD susceptibility geneDawn L DeMeo
Channing Laboratory, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Am J Hum Genet 85:493-502. 2009..60 x 10(-5) as a conservative threshold for significance. Three SNPs in the iron regulatory protein 2 (IREB2) gene met this stringent threshold for significance, and four other IREB2 SNPs demonstrated ..
- Variants in FAM13A are associated with chronic obstructive pulmonary diseaseMichael H Cho
Channing Laboratory, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Nat Genet 42:200-2. 2010..2 x 10(-11), combined odds ratio in case-control studies 0.76, 95% confidence interval 0.69-0.83)...
- The role of IREB2 and transforming growth factor beta-1 genetic variants in COPD: a replication case-control studySally L Chappell
The University of Nottingham, School of Molecular Medical Sciences, University Hospital, Queens Medical Centre, Nottingham, UK
BMC Med Genet 12:24. 2011..association studies in combination with expression profiling have identified a number of new candidates including IREB2. A meta-analysis has implicated transforming growth factor beta-1 (TGFbeta1) as a contributor to disease ..
- A study of genes that may modulate the expression of hereditary hemochromatosis: transferrin receptor-1, ferroportin, ceruloplasmin, ferritin light and heavy chains, iron regulatory proteins (IRP)-1 and -2, and hepcidinP L Lee
Department of Molecular and Experimental Medicine, The Scripps Research Institute, 10550 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Blood Cells Mol Dis 27:783-802. 2001..These were further examined for association with differences in iron accumulation as measured by plasma transferrin saturation and ferritin levels, but no such association could be documented...
- Microcytic anemia, erythropoietic protoporphyria, and neurodegeneration in mice with targeted deletion of iron-regulatory protein 2Sharon S Cooperman
National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Blood 106:1084-91. 2005..Mice with targeted deletion of IRP2 overexpress ferritin and express abnormally low TfR levels in multiple tissues...
- Genetic ablations of iron regulatory proteins 1 and 2 reveal why iron regulatory protein 2 dominates iron homeostasisEsther G Meyron-Holtz
Cell Biology and Metabolism Branch, NIHCD, Bethesda, MD, USA
EMBO J 23:386-95. 2004The two iron regulatory proteins IRP1 and IRP2 bind to transcripts of ferritin, transferrin receptor and other target genes to control the expression of iron metabolism proteins at the post-transcriptional level...
- Iron-dependent regulation of frataxin expression: implications for treatment of Friedreich ataxiaKuanyu Li
National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, Molecular Medicine Program, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Hum Mol Genet 17:2265-73. 2008..of FA patients have evidence of cytosolic iron depletion, as indicated by increased levels of iron regulatory protein 2 (IRP2) and/or increased IRE-binding activity of IRP1...
- Characterization of the 1-aminocyclopropane-1-carboxylic acid (ACC) oxidase multigene family of Malus domestica BorkhJan E Binnie
Institute of Molecular Biosciences, Massey University, Private Bag 11222, Palmerston North, New Zealand
Phytochemistry 70:348-60. 2009..Royal Gala). The genes, designated MD-ACO2 (with an ORF of 990bp) and MD-ACO3 (966bp) have been compared with a previously cloned gene of apple, MD-ACO1 (with an ORF of 942bp)...
- Coordination of PGC-1beta and iron uptake in mitochondrial biogenesis and osteoclast activationKiyo aki Ishii
Department of Bone and Joint Disease, National Center for Geriatrics and Gerontology NCGG, 36 3 Gengo, Morioka, Obu, Aichi 474 8522, Japan
Nat Med 15:259-66. 2009..osteoclast development, transferrin receptor 1 (TfR1) expression was induced post-transcriptionally via iron regulatory protein 2. TfR1-mediated iron uptake promoted osteoclast differentiation and bone-resorbing activity, associated ..
- Genotypic and phenotypic heterogeneity of African Americans with primary iron overloadJames C Barton
Southern Iron Disorders Center, G 105, 20220 Brookwood Medical Center Drive, Birmingham, AL 35209, USA
Blood Cells Mol Dis 31:310-9. 2003..Abnormal alleles of beta-2 microglobulin, Nramp2, TFR2, hepcidin, or IRP2 alleles were not detected in either of the 2 patients so tested...
- MRI detection of ferritin iron overload and associated neuronal pathology in iron regulatory protein-2 knockout miceColette Grabill
Cell Biology and Metabolism Branch, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, Bldg 18T, Room 101 9000 Rockville Pike, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Brain Res 971:95-106. 2003Genetic ablation of iron regulatory protein 2 (IRP-2), a protein responsible for post-transcriptional regulation of expression of several iron metabolism proteins, predisposes IRP-2 -/- mice to develop adult onset neurodegenerative ..
- Loss of the von Hippel Lindau tumor suppressor disrupts iron homeostasis in renal carcinoma cellsAlessandra Alberghini
Institute of General Pathology, University of Milan, Via Mangiagalli 31, 20133 Milan
J Biol Chem 280:30120-8. 2005..Despite the similarities between HIF-1 and iron regulatory protein 2 (IRP2), we found no evidence of specific regulation of IRP2 by VHL...
- Neurochemical investigations of dopamine neuronal systems in iron-regulatory protein 2 (IRP-2) knockout miceMichael F Salvatore
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, The Morris K Udall Parkinson s Disease Research Center of Excellence, 306 Whitney Hendrickson Bldg, 800 Rose Street, Lexington, KY 40536, USA
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 139:341-7. 2005..Instead, these observations support that the IRP-2 -/- genotype may enable neurobiological events associated with aging...
- Neurons lacking iron regulatory protein-2 are highly resistant to the toxicity of hemoglobinRaymond F Regan
Department of Emergency Medicine, Thomas Jefferson University, 1020 Sansom Street, Thompson Building Room 239, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Neurobiol Dis 31:242-9. 2008The effect of iron regulatory protein-2 (IRP2) on ferritin expression and neuronal vulnerability to hemoglobin was assessed in primary cortical cell cultures prepared from wild-type and IRP2 knockout mice...
- Neuroprotective mechanism of mitochondrial ferritin on 6-hydroxydopamine-induced dopaminergic cell damage: implication for neuroprotection in Parkinson's diseaseZhen hua Shi
Laboratory of Molecular Iron Metabolism, College of Life Science, Hebei Normal University, Shijiazhuang, Hebei Province, China
Antioxid Redox Signal 13:783-96. 2010..Adult iron-regulatory protein 2 knockout (Ireb2(-/-)) mice develop iron accumulation in white matter tracts and nuclei in different brain area and display severe ..
- Iron-activated iron uptake: a positive feedback loop mediated by iron regulatory protein 1Marto T Núñez
Department of Biology, Faculty of Sciences, University of Chile, Casilla 653, Santiago, Chile
Biometals 16:83-90. 2003..When cells were incubated with up to 20 microM of iron, a typical decrease in IRP1 and IRP2 activity was observed. Interestingly, when iron was further increased to 40 or 80 microM...
- Responsiveness of Trichomonas vaginalis to iron concentrations: evidence for a post-transcriptional iron regulation by an IRE/IRP-like systemJ C Torres-Romero
Departamento de Infectómica y Patogénesis Molecular, Centro de Investigacion y de Estudios Avanzados del IPN, Col San Pedro Zacatenco, Mexico City, Mexico
Infect Genet Evol 9:1065-74. 2009..post-transcriptional level by a well known mechanism mediated by the binding of iron regulatory proteins (IRP1 and IRP2) to hairpin-loop structures, dubbed iron-responsive elements (IREs), localized in the untranslated regions (UTRs) ..
- Molecular regulation of iron homeostasis and resistance to infection in alcoholicsBarry J Potter
Department of Physiology, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, Louisiana 70112 1393, USA
Front Biosci 7:d1396-409. 2002..state of knowledge on cellular iron homeostasis, with particular reference to the iron regulatory proteins (IRP1, IRP2 and HFE) and the iron membrane transport proteins, two of which have been shown to be members of the natural ..
- Analysis of nucleotide variations in genes of iron management in patients of Parkinson's disease and other movement disordersEmanuela Castiglioni
Genomic Unit for the Diagnosis of Human Pathologies, Center for Genomics, Bioinformatics and Biostatistics, San Raffaele Scientific Institute, 20132 Milan, Italy
Parkinsons Dis 2011:827693. 2010..movement disorders, we scanned by DHPLC the exons and intronic boundary regions of ceruloplasmin, iron regulatory protein 2, hemopexin, hepcidin and hemojuvelin genes in cohorts of subjects affected by Parkinson's disease and ..
- Unexpected anthracycline-mediated alterations in iron-regulatory protein-RNA-binding activity: the iron and copper complexes of anthracyclines decrease RNA-binding activityJuliana C Kwok
The Heart Research Institute, The Iron Metabolism and Chelation Group, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Mol Pharmacol 62:888-900. 2002..of cardiomyocytes was similar to that observed using neoplastic cells, and particularly notable was the decrease in IRP2-RNA-binding activity...
- Up-regulation of divalent metal transporter 1 in 6-hydroxydopamine intoxication is IRE/IRP dependentHong Jiang
Department of Physiology, Shandong Provincial Key Laboratory of Pathogenesis and Prevention of Neurological Disorders and State Key Disciplines Physiology, Medical College of Qingdao University, Qingdao 266071, China
Cell Res 20:345-56. 2010..5 cells. In 6-OHDA-treated MES23.5 cells, increased iron regulatory protein (IRP) 1 and IRP2 expression was observed, while silencing of IRPs dramatically diminished 6-OHDA-induced DMT1+IRE up-regulation...
- Structure and expression of three genes encoding ACC oxidase homologs from melon (Cucumis melo L.)E Lasserre
Laboratoire Ethylène et Mécanismes Moléculaires de la Maturation des Fruits UA INRA, Ecole Nationale Superieure Agronomique de Toulouse, France
Mol Gen Genet 251:81-90. 1996..The other two genes (CM-ACO2, CM-ACO3) have only two introns, at positions identical to their counterparts in CM-ACO1...
- Up-regulation of divalent metal transporter 1 is involved in 1-methyl-4-phenylpyridinium (MPP(+))-induced apoptosis in MES23.5 cellsShuzhen Zhang
Department of Physiology, Medical College of Qingdao University, China
Neurobiol Aging 30:1466-76. 2009..However, there were no changes for iron regulatory protein 1 (IRP1), despite decreased expression of IRP2. Iron itself had no effect on IRP1 and IRP2 expression...
- The yersiniabactin biosynthetic gene cluster of Yersinia enterocolitica: organization and siderophore-dependent regulationC Pelludat
Max von Pettenkofer Institut für Medizinische Mikrobiologie und Hygiene, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany
J Bacteriol 180:538-46. 1998..These genes constitute the yersiniabactin biosynthetic gene cluster together with the previously defined irp2. The irp1 gene consists of 9,486 bp capable of encoding a 3,161-amino-acid high-molecular-weight protein 1 (HMWP1) ..
- Role of hypolipidemic drug clofibrate in altering iron regulatory proteins IRP1 and IRP2 activities and hepatic iron metabolism in rats fed a low-iron dietHui Ling Huang
Department of Agricultural Chemistry, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 180:118-28. 2002..mild anemia and the reduction in serum iron and total iron-binding capacity, clofibrate treatment altered IRP1 and IRP2 activities differentially and increased mitochondrial aconitase both at activity and protein levels...
- Emergence and spread of three clonally related virulent isolates of CTX-M-15-producing Escherichia coli with variable resistance to aminoglycosides and tetracycline in a French geriatric hospitalVéronique Leflon-Guibout
Service de Microbiologie Hygiène, Hôpital A Paré, 9 avenue Charles de Gaulle, 92100 Boulogne Billancourt, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 48:3736-42. 2004..and double mutations in both the gyrA and the parC genes), and virulence factor genotypes (aer, fyuA, and irp2)...
- Complete loss of iron regulatory proteins 1 and 2 prevents viability of murine zygotes beyond the blastocyst stage of embryonic developmentSophia R Smith
Section on Human Iron Metabolism, Cell Biology and Metabolism Branch National Institute of Child Health and Human Development Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Blood Cells Mol Dis 36:283-7. 2006..Adult mice with homozygous targeted deletion of IRP2 develop microcytic anemia, elevated red cell protoporphyrin IX levels, high serum ferritin, and adult-onset ..
- Iron, copper, and iron regulatory protein 2 in Alzheimer's disease and related dementiasShino Magaki
Center for Neurosurgery Research, Loma Linda University, Loma Linda, CA 92350, USA
Neurosci Lett 418:72-6. 2007..Additionally, the expression of iron regulatory protein 2 (IRP2) was examined in relation to the pathological hallmarks of AD and DLB, amyloid plaques, ..
- The human counterpart of zebrafish shiraz shows sideroblastic-like microcytic anemia and iron overloadClara Camaschella
Vita Salute University, Milan, Italy
Blood 110:1353-8. 2007..Based on the biochemical and clinical phenotype, we hypothesize that IRP2, less degraded by low heme, contributes to the repression of the erythroblasts ferritin and ALAS2, increasing ..
- Tempol-mediated activation of latent iron regulatory protein activity prevents symptoms of neurodegenerative disease in IRP2 knockout miceManik C Ghosh
National Institute of Child Health and Human Development and Radiation Biology Branch, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:12028-33. 2008..homologous cytosolic regulatory proteins, iron regulatory protein 1 (also known as IRP1 and Aco1) and iron regulatory protein 2 (also known as IRP2 and Ireb2), sense cytosolic iron levels and posttranscriptionally regulate iron ..
- mRNA expression of proteins involved in iron homeostasis in brain regions is altered by age and by iron overloading in the neonatal periodArethuza S Dornelles
Faculty of Biosciences, Pontifical Catholic University, Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
Neurochem Res 35:564-71. 2010..w. of Fe(2+)), at postnatal days 12-14. The expression of Transferrin Receptor (TfR), H-Ferritin, and IRP2 were analyzed by a semi-quantitative reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction assay in cortex, hippocampus ..
- Modulation of iron homeostasis in macrophages by bacterial intracellular pathogensXin Pan
Mount Sinai School of Medicine, One Gustave Levy Place, New York, NY 10570, USA
BMC Microbiol 10:64. 2010..Its expression can be modulated by infection, but its essentiality for bacterial intracellular survival has not been directly investigated...
- Redox control of iron regulatory protein 2 stabilityAnja Hausmann
Lady Davis Institute for Medical Research, Sir Mortimer B Davis Jewish General Hospital, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
FEBS Lett 585:687-92. 2011b>Iron regulatory protein 2 (IRP2) is a critical switch for cellular and systemic iron homeostasis. In iron-deficient or hypoxic cells, IRP2 binds to mRNAs containing iron responsive elements (IREs) and regulates their expression...
- Genetic analysis of IREB2, FAM13A and XRCC5 variants in Chinese Han patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary diseaseYi Guo
Center for Experimental Medicine, The Third Xiangya Hospital, Central South University, Changsha, China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 415:284-7. 2011Recently, variants (rs2568494, rs2869967 and rs3821104) in the IREB2, FAM13A and XRCC5 genes were found to be associated with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) in non-Asian populations by genome-wide association study (GWAS) ..
- Genome-wide association identifies regulatory Loci associated with distinct local histogram emphysema patternsPeter J Castaldi
1 Channing Division of Network Medicine and
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 190:399-409. 2014..Emphysema is a heritable trait that occurs in smokers with and without chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Emphysema occurs in distinct pathologic patterns, but the genetic determinants of these patterns are unknown...
- The relationship between the expression of ethylene-related genes and papaya fruit ripening disorder caused by chilling injuryYuan Zou
State Key Laboratory for Conservation and Utilization of Subtropical Agro Bioresources Guangdong Provincial Key Laboratory for Postharvest Science and Technology of Fruits and Vegetables, College of Horticulture, South China Agricultural University, Guangzhou, 510642, P R China
PLoS ONE 9:e116002. 2014..ACS1/2/3, EIN2, EIN3s/EIL1, CTR1/2/3, and ERF1/3/4; the group of genes that were down-regulated, including ACO3, ETR1, CTR4, EBF2, and ERF2; and the group of genes that were un-regulated, including ACO1/2, ERS, and EBF1...
- FBXL5 Inactivation in Mouse Brain Induces Aberrant Proliferation of Neural Stem-Progenitor CellsTakayoshi Yamauchi
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Medical Institute of Bioregulation, Kyushu University, 3 1 1 Maidashi, Higashi ku, Fukuoka, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
Mol Cell Biol . 2017..Stabilization of iron regulatory protein 2 (IRP2) as a result of FBXL5 deficiency led to accumulation of ferrous and ferric iron as well as ..
- Genetic organization of the yersiniabactin biosynthetic region and construction of avirulent mutants in Yersinia pestisS W Bearden
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Kentucky, Lexington 40536 0084, USA
Infect Immun 65:1659-68. 1997..insertion and deletion mutants allowed us to determine the putative location of the irp1 gene and the positions of irp2, ybtT, and ybtE within the ybt operon...
- Novel translational control through an iron-responsive element by interaction of multifunctional protein YB-1 and IRP2Megumi Ashizuka
Department of Medical Biochemistry, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Higashi ku, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
Mol Cell Biol 22:6375-83. 2002..screenings to identify partners of this protein; the results showed that YB-1 itself, iron-regulatory protein 2 (IRP2), and five ribosomal proteins each served as partners to YB-1...
- Iron regulatory protein 2 as iron sensor. Iron-dependent oxidative modification of cysteineDae Kyung Kang
Laboratory of Biochemistry, NHLBI, National Institutes of Health and the Cell Biology and Metabolism Branch, NICHD, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Biol Chem 278:14857-64. 2003b>Iron regulatory protein 2 coordinates cellular regulation of iron metabolism by binding to iron responsive elements in mRNA. The protein is synthesized constitutively but is rapidly degraded when iron stores are replete...
- Iron regulatory proteins as NO signal transducersCecile Bouton
Institut de Chimie des Substances Naturelles, CNRS, 91190 Gif sur Yvette, France
Sci STKE 2003:pe17. 2003..b>IRP2 lacks aconitase activity and its expression is decreased by NO signaling...
- The role of endogenous heme synthesis and degradation domain cysteines in cellular iron-dependent degradation of IRP2Emmanuel Bourdon
Cell Biology and Metabolism Branch, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Blood Cells Mol Dis 31:247-55. 2003b>Iron regulatory protein 2 (IRP2) is a mammalian cytosolic iron-sensing protein that regulates expression of iron metabolism proteins, including ferritin and transferrin receptor 1...
- Doxorubicin paradoxically protects cardiomyocytes against iron-mediated toxicity: role of reactive oxygen species and ferritinGianfranca Corna
Institute of General Pathology, University of Milan, Via Mangiagalli 31, 20133 Milan, Italy
J Biol Chem 279:13738-45. 2004..The role of iron and ROS in anthracycline-induced cardiotoxicity may, therefore, be more complex than previously believed...
- Enteroaggregative Escherichia coli virulence factors are found to be associated with infantile diarrhea in BrazilAndresa Zamboni
Departamento de Microbiologia, Imunologia e Parasitologia, Escola Paulista de Medicina, 04023 062 Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
J Clin Microbiol 42:1058-63. 2004..virulence factors of probe-positive and probe-negative isolates included the presence of the Pet, EAST-1, Shf, Irp2, ShET1/Pic, and Hly virulence markers...
- Altered body iron distribution and microcytosis in mice deficient in iron regulatory protein 2 (IRP2)Bruno Galy
European Molecular Biology Laboratory, Heidelberg, Germany
Blood 106:2580-9. 2005b>Iron regulatory protein 2 (IRP2)-deficient mice have been reported to suffer from late-onset neurodegeneration by an unknown mechanism...
- [Expression of IRP2 mRNA, TfR mRNA and Fn mRNA in HL-60 cells]Yu feng Liu
Department of Pediatric, The First Affiliated Hospital, Zhengzhou University, China
Zhongguo Shi Yan Xue Ye Xue Za Zhi 13:584-8. 2005..7- or 6.4-kb mRNA at the transcriptional level, or by IRP(2) degradation at the post transcriptional level. (2) Both of Fn mRNA and TfR mRNA participated, more or less, in the iron metabolism in HL-60 cells...
- [Mechanism underlying ubiquitination of iron regulatory protein 2 (IRP2)]Kazuhiro Iwai
Tanpakushitsu Kakusan Koso 51:1287-91. 2006
- The relevance of the intestinal crypt and enterocyte in regulating iron absorptionPhillip S Oates
School of Biomedical, Biomolecular and Chemical Sciences, University of Western Australia, 35 Stirling Highway, Nedlands 6009, Australia
Pflugers Arch 455:201-13. 2007..Iron-responsive protein (IRP) 1 and IRP2 do not appear to play a significant role in the expression of iron transport proteins, although IRP2 regulates L- ..
- Heme induces ubiquitination and degradation of the transcription factor Bach1Yukari Zenke-Kawasaki
Department of Biochemistry, Tohoku University School of Medicine, Seiryo machi 2 1, Sendai, Japan
Mol Cell Biol 27:6962-71. 2007..HOIL-1, an ubiquitin-protein ligase which recognizes heme-bound, oxidized iron regulatory protein 2, was found to bind with Bach1 when both were overexpressed in NIH 3T3 cells...
- Tumorigenic properties of iron regulatory protein 2 (IRP2) mediated by its specific 73-amino acids insertCarmen Maffettone
Lady Davis Institute for Medical Research, Sir Mortimer B Davis Jewish General Hospital, and Department of Medicine, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
PLoS ONE 5:e10163. 2010Iron regulatory proteins, IRP1 and IRP2, bind to mRNAs harboring iron responsive elements and control their expression. IRPs may also perform additional functions...
- Iron regulatory protein 2 turnover through a nonproteasomal pathwayAllen H K Chang
Laboratory of Biochemistry, NHLBI, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 8012, USA
J Biol Chem 286:23698-707. 2011b>Iron regulatory protein 2 (IRP2) controls the synthesis of many proteins involved in iron metabolism, and the level of IRP2 itself is regulated by varying the rate of its degradation...
- The Structural Basis of Iron Sensing by the Human F-box Protein FBXL5Chang Shu
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Texas A and M University, 103 Biochemistry Bldg, 2128 TAMU, College Station, TX 77843 2128 USA
Chembiochem 13:788-91. 2012..repeat containing protein FBXL5 is an iron sensor that regulates the ubiquitination of iron regulatory protein IRP2. Crystal structures of the iron-sensing hemetrythrin (Hr)-like domain of human FBXL5 (FBXL5 Hr) were determined in ..
- IREB2 and GALC are associated with pulmonary artery enlargement in chronic obstructive pulmonary diseaseJin Hwa Lee
1 Channing Division of Network Medicine, and
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 52:365-76. 2015..Both meta-analyses revealed a genome-wide significant locus on chromosome 15q25.1 in IREB2 (COPD with versus without PAE, rs7181486; odds ratio [OR] = 1.32; P = 2...
- Frequencies of virulence genes and pulse field gel electrophoresis fingerprints in Escherichia coli isolates from canine pyometraRenato P Maluta
Programa de Pós graduação em Microbiologia Agropecuária, Departamento de Patologia Veterinária, Faculdade de Ciencias Agrarias e Veterinarias de Jaboticabal, Universidade Estadual Paulista, Jaboticabal, Sao Paulo, Brazil Electronic address
Vet J 202:393-5. 2014..0% iucC, 13.0% astA, 4.3% papGII, 0% afaB/C and 0% papGI. The high frequency of yersiniabactin (fyuA and irp2) and salmochelin (iroN) genes suggests that iron uptake systems might be important in the pathogenesis of canine ..
- Roles of linear ubiquitinylation, a crucial regulator of NF-κB and cell death, in the immune systemKatsuhiro Sasaki
Molecular and Cellular Physiology, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan
Immunol Rev 266:175-89. 2015..linear ubiquitin assembly complex (LUBAC), which is composed of three different subunits, HOIL-1L (heme-oxidized IRP2 ligase 1L), HOIP (HOIL-1 interacting protein), and SHARPIN (SHANK-associated RH domain-interacting protein)...
- Susceptibility loci in lung cancer and COPD: association of IREB2 and FAM13A with pulmonary diseasesIwona Ziółkowska-Suchanek
Institute of Human Genetics, Polish Academy of Sciences, Strzeszynska 32, Poznan, Poland
Sci Rep 5:13502. 2015Genome-wide association studies have identified loci at 15q25 (IREB2) and 4q22 (FAM13A), associated with lung cancer (LC) and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)...
- Isolation, characterization, and functional studies of rat liver iron regulatory protein 1R S Eisenstein
Department of Nutritional Sciences, University of Wisconsin, Madison 53706, USA
Arch Biochem Biophys 343:81-91. 1997..translationally regulated by the binding of either of two cytosolic proteins, iron regulatory protein 1 (IRP1) or IRP2, to the iron responsive element (IRE) located in their 5' untranslated region (UTR)...
- Immunolocalization of iron regulatory protein expression in the murine central nervous systemE A Leibold
Eccles Program in Human Molecular Biology and Genetics, University of Utah, HMBG 15 N 2030 East, Room 2100, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
Histochem Cell Biol 115:195-203. 2001We examined the expression of the iron regulatory proteins 1 and 2 (IRP1 and IRP2) in the brains of adult (4-6 months) CBA/J mice. Anti-IRP1 immunoreactivity was localized to cell bodies, including putative neurons and oligodendrocytes...
- Iron-dependent regulation of the divalent metal ion transporterH Gunshin
Membrane Biology Program and Renal Division, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Harvard Institutes of Medicine, 77 Avenue Louis Pasteur, Boston, MA 02115, USA
FEBS Lett 509:309-16. 2001..We also examined the interaction of the putative 3'-UTR IRE with iron responsive binding proteins (IRP1 and IRP2), and found that IRP1 binds to the DCT1/DMT1-IRE with higher affinity compared to IRP2...
- An oxidative stress-mediated positive-feedback iron uptake loop in neuronal cellsClaudia Núñez-Millacura
Department of Biology, Faculty of Sciences, University of Chile, Santiago
J Neurochem 82:240-8. 2002..The cells had both IRP1 and IRP2 activities, being IRP1 activity quantitatively predominant...
- Decreased transferrin receptor expression by neuromelanin cells in restless legs syndromeJ R Connor
Department of Neural and Behavior Sciences, G M Leader Family Laboratory for AD Research, Penn Penn State College of Medicine, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Neurology 62:1563-7. 2004..Its etiology is unknown, but MRI analyses and immunohistochemical studies on autopsy tissue suggest the substantia nigra (SN) of patients with RLS has subnormal amounts of iron...
- Alteration at translational but not transcriptional level of transferrin receptor expression following manganese exposure at the blood-CSF barrier in vitroG Jane Li
School of Health Sciences, Purdue University, 550 Stadium Mall Drive, Room 1163D, West Lafayette, IN 47907, USA
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 205:188-200. 2005..A gel shift assay demonstrated that manganese exposure increased the binding of IRP1 and IRP2 to the stem loop-containing mRNAs...
- The acute box cis-element in human heavy ferritin mRNA 5'-untranslated region is a unique translation enhancer that binds poly(C)-binding proteinsAndrew M Thomson
Laboratory for Cancer Medicine, School of Medicine and Pharmacology, UWA Centre for Medical Research, Western Australian Institute for Medical Research and University of Western Australia, Royal Perth Hospital
J Biol Chem 280:30032-45. 2005..iron at the level of message translation via a modulated interaction between the iron regulatory proteins (IRP1 and IRP2) and a 5'-untranslated region. Iron-responsive element (IRE)...
- Generation of conditional alleles of the murine Iron Regulatory Protein (IRP)-1 and -2 genesBruno Galy
European Molecular Biology Laboratory, Heidelberg, Germany
Genesis 43:181-8. 2005Central aspects of cellular iron metabolism are controlled by IRP1 and IRP2, which are ubiquitously expressed in mouse organs and cells. Total and constitutive deficiency of both IRPs causes embryonic lethality in the mouse...
- Disturbance of iron metabolism in Parkinson's disease -- ultrasonography as a biomarkerDaniela Berg
Hertie Institute of Clinical Brain Research, University of Tubingen, Hoppe Seyler Strasse 3, D 72076 Tubingen, Germany
Neurotox Res 9:1-13. 2006..analyses in genes involved in brain iron metabolism lead to the discovery of specific mutations in the ferritin-H, IRP2 and HFE gene in single PD patients...
- Expression of 1-aminocyclopropane-1-carboxylate (ACC) oxidase genes during the development of vegetative tissues in white clover (Trifolium repens L.) is regulated by ontological cuesBalance C M Chen
Institute of Molecular Biosciences, Massey University, Private Bag 11222, Palmerston North, New Zealand
Plant Mol Biol 60:451-67. 2006..The TR-ACO3 and TR-ACO4 5' flanking sequences direct more expression in the ontological older tissues, including the axillary ..
- Of two cytosolic aconitases expressed in Drosophila, only one functions as an iron-regulatory proteinMaria I Lind
Department of Comparative Physiology, Evolutionary Biology Centre, Uppsala University, S 75236 Uppsala, Sweden
J Biol Chem 281:18707-14. 2006..by post-transcriptional control of gene expression through the binding of iron-regulatory proteins (IRP1 and IRP2) to iron-responsive elements (IREs) contained in the untranslated regions of target mRNAs...
- Induction of H-ferritin synthesis by oxalomalate is regulated at both the transcriptional and post-transcriptional levelsRita Santamaria
Dipartimento di Farmacologia Sperimentale, Facolta di Farmacia, Universita di Napoli Federico II, via D Montesano 49, I 80131 Napoli, Italy
Biochim Biophys Acta 1763:815-22. 2006..Ferritin biosynthesis is mainly regulated at post-transcriptional level by iron regulatory proteins (IRP1 and IRP2)...
- Iron homeostasis in the brain: complete iron regulatory protein 2 deficiency without symptomatic neurodegeneration in the mouseBruno Galy
Nat Genet 38:967-9; discussion 969-70. 2006
- Zinc deficiency-induced iron accumulation, a consequence of alterations in iron regulatory protein-binding activity, iron transporters, and iron storage proteinsBrad J Niles
Department of Nutrition, University of California, Davis, California 95616 8669, USA
J Biol Chem 283:5168-77. 2008..Examination of zinc-deficient cells revealed increased binding of iron regulatory protein 2 (IRP2) and decreased binding of IRP1 to a consensus iron-responsive element...
- Uropathogenic Escherichia coli (UPEC) strains may carry virulence properties of diarrhoeagenic E. coliCecilia M Abe
Departamento de Microbiologia, Imunologia e Parasitologia, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo UNIFESP, Sao Paulo, Brazil
FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol 52:397-406. 2008..The DEC genes found were: aap, aatA, aggC, agg3C, aggR, astA, eae, ehly, iha, irp2, lpfA(O113), pet, pic, pilS, and shf...
- Iron and the translation of the amyloid precursor protein (APP) and ferritin mRNAs: riboregulation against neural oxidative damage in Alzheimer's diseaseJack T Rogers
Department of Psychiatry, Neurochemistry Laboratory, Massachusetts General Hospital, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
Biochem Soc Trans 36:1282-7. 2008..The APP IRE is homologous with the canonical IRE RNA stem-loop that binds the iron regulatory proteins (IRP1 and IRP2) to control intracellular iron homoeostasis by modulating ferritin mRNA translation and transferrin receptor mRNA ..
- Loci identified by genome-wide association studies influence different disease-related phenotypes in chronic obstructive pulmonary diseaseSreekumar G Pillai
GlaxoSmithKline, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 182:1498-505. 2010....
- Iron regulatory proteins secure mitochondrial iron sufficiency and functionBruno Galy
European Molecular Biology Laboratory, Meyerhofstrasse 1, 69117 Heidelberg, Germany
Cell Metab 12:194-201. 2010..Mice lacking both IRP1 and IRP2 in their hepatocytes suffer from mitochondrial iron deficiency and dysfunction associated with alterations of the ..
- Distribution of classical and nonclassical virulence genes in enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli isolates from Chilean children and tRNA gene screening for putative insertion sites for genomic islandsFelipe Del Canto
Facultad de Quimica y Biologia, Departamento de Biologia, Universidad de Santiago de Chile, Santiago, Chile
J Clin Microbiol 49:3198-203. 2011..Three adhesins (Tia, TibA, EtpA), an iron acquisition system (Irp1, Irp2, and FyuA), a GTPase (LeoA), and an autotransporter (EatA) are ETEC virulence-related proteins that, in contrast to ..
- The FBXL5-IRP2 axis is integral to control of iron metabolism in vivoToshiro Moroishi
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Medical Institute of Bioregulation, Kyushu University, 3 1 1 Maidashi, Higashi ku, Fukuoka, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
Cell Metab 14:339-51. 2011Iron-dependent degradation of iron-regulatory protein 2 (IRP2) is a key event for maintenance of an appropriate intracellular concentration of iron...
- The glycolytic shift in fumarate-hydratase-deficient kidney cancer lowers AMPK levels, increases anabolic propensities and lowers cellular iron levelsWing Hang Tong
Molecular Medicine Program, Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Development, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Cancer Cell 20:315-27. 2011..DMT1 iron transporter, and the resulting cytosolic iron deficiency activates the iron regulatory proteins, IRP1 and IRP2, and increases expression of the hypoxia inducible factor HIF-1α, but not HIF-2α...
- Iron regulatory protein-1 and -2: transcriptome-wide definition of binding mRNAs and shaping of the cellular proteome by iron regulatory proteinsMayka Sanchez
European Molecular Biology Laboratory EMBL, Heidelberg, Germany
Blood 118:e168-79. 2011..To systematically define the IRE/IRP regulatory network on a transcriptome-wide scale, IRP1/IRE and IRP2/IRE messenger ribonucleoprotein complexes were immunoselected, and the mRNA composition was determined using ..
- Clonality and virulence traits of Escherichia coli associated with haemorrhagic septicaemia in turkeysR H Olsen
Department of Veterinary Disease Biology, Life Science, Copenhagen University, Frederiksberg C, Denmark
Avian Pathol 40:587-95. 2011..All isolates were negative for genes encoding verocytotoxins (vtx/stx), iron-repressible protein (irp2), P-fimbria (papC), invasion plasmid antigen (ipaH), attaching and effacing gene (eae), enterohaemolysin (ehxA), ..
- Hemerythrin-like domain within F-box and leucine-rich repeat protein 5 (FBXL5) communicates cellular iron and oxygen availability by distinct mechanismsSrinivas Chollangi
Department of Biochemistry, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390, USA
J Biol Chem 287:23710-7. 2012..An E3 ubiquitin ligase complex containing FBXL5 targets IRP2 for proteasomal degradation under iron- and oxygen-replete conditions, whereas FBXL5 itself is degraded when iron ..
- IRP2 regulates breast tumor growthWei Wang
Authors Affiliations Departments of Pathology, Cancer Biology, and Biostatistical Sciences, Wake Forest School of Medicine, Winston Salem, North Carolina Departments of Molecular, Microbial and Structural Biology and Internal Medicine, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, Connecticut
Cancer Res 74:497-507. 2014..Here, we demonstrate that iron regulatory protein 2 (IRP2) plays a key role in iron accumulation in breast cancer...
- Phylogenetic group, virulence factors and antimicrobial resistance of Escherichia coli associated with bovine mastitisYongxia Liu
College of Veterinary Medicine, China Agricultural University, Yuan Ming Yuan West Road No 2, Haidian District, Beijing 100193, PR China
Res Microbiol 165:273-7. 2014..7%) isolates harbored at least one virulence gene, and the most prevalent virulence genes were f17A, irp2, astA, iucD and colV...
- Characterization and biofilm forming ability of diarrhoeagenic enteroaggregative Escherichia coli isolates recovered from human infants and young animalsDeepthi Vijay
Division of Veterinary Public Health, Indian Veterinary Research Institute, Izatnagar 243 122, India
Comp Immunol Microbiol Infect Dis 38:21-31. 2015..as 'typical' and/or 'atypical' EAEC strains employing PCR for virulence associated genes (cvd432, aaiA, astA, pilS, irp2, ecp, pic, aggR, aafA, aggA, and agg3A)...
- A novel subpopulation of Salmonella enterica serovar Infantis strains isolated from broiler chicken organs other than the gastrointestinal tractEiji Yokoyama
Division of Bacteriology, Chiba Prefectural Institute of Public Health, 666 2 Nitona, Chuo, Chiba City, Chiba 260 8715, Japan Electronic address
Vet Microbiol 175:312-8. 2015..The irp2 gene, which is in the mega plasmid carried by a pathogenic S...
- Association of genetic polymorphisms with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in the Hainan population: a case-control studyYipeng Ding
Department of Emergency, People s Hospital of Hainan Province, Haikou, Hainan, People s Republic of China
Int J Chron Obstruct Pulmon Dis 10:7-13. 2015..cholinergic receptor, neuronal nicotinic, alpha polypeptide-5, and iron-responsive element-binding protein 2 gene (IREB2) genes were found to be associated with COPD...
- The multifaceted role of the E3 ubiquitin ligase HOIL-1: beyond linear ubiquitinationLynn Elton
Inflammation Research Center, Unit of Molecular Signal Transduction in Inflammation, VIB, Ghent, Belgium
Immunol Rev 266:208-21. 2015..The E3 ubiquitin ligase HOIL-1 (heme-oxidized IRP2 ubiquitin ligase-1) is increasingly implicated in different signaling pathways and plays a vital role in immune ..
- HYPOXIC REGULATION OF IRON REGULATORY PROTEIN 2 (IRP2)Eric Hanson; Fiscal Year: 2003..The RNA binding iron regulatory protein 2 (IRP2), an important post-transcriptional regulator, was recently found to be regulates by hypoxia by a ..
- IRON REGULATION OF GENE EXPRESSIONELIZABETH ANN LEIBOLD; Fiscal Year: 2013..b>Iron regulatory protein 2 (IRP2) is a key regulator of cellular iron metabolism...
- Biological Functions of Iron Responsive ElementsRichard S Eisenstein; Fiscal Year: 2012..In vertebrates, iron regulatory protein 1 (IRP1) and IRP2 are central regulators of cellular iron metabolism...
- Richard S Eisenstein; Fiscal Year: 2016..In vertebrates, iron regulatory protein 1 (IRP1) and IRP2 are central regulators of cellular iron metabolism...
- Richard K Bruick; Fiscal Year: 2014..is high, IRP1 assembles an iron-sulfur cluster, causing the protein to lose its affinity for IREs, while IRP2 is preferentially ubiquitinated and degraded by the proteasome...
- Post Transcriptional Control of hemorrhagic iron damage.Jack T Rogers; Fiscal Year: 2013..We are assessing how HPX controls Iron-regulatory Protein (IRP1 and IRP2) dependent post-transcriptional expression of ferritin (Ftn, for safe iron storage), and transferrin receptor (TfR ..
- Iron Metabolism Alterations in Alzheimer's DiseaseWolff Kirsch; Fiscal Year: 2006..A genetically engineered mouse with an iron regulatory protein 2 "knockout" that accumulates abnormal quantities of brain iron and displays a neurodegenerative disorder ..
- Alteration of host iron homeostasis by NeisseriaROBERT BONNAH; Fiscal Year: 2005..The other key host iron homeostasis proteins, ferritin, iron regulatory protein-1 (IRP1) and IRP2 levels and biological activity will also be monitored during the course of GC infection...
- JAMES AKIRA WOHLSCHLEGEL; Fiscal Year: 2016..In specific aim 1, we will examine the molecular basis of the iron-regulated interaction of FBXL5 with IRP2, a key regulator of iron homeostasis...
- Edwin K Silverman; Fiscal Year: 2015..loci on chromosome 4 (near HHIP and in FAM13A) and one locus on chromosome 15 (a block of genes including IREB2). However, the key genetic determinants in these regions and their functional impact on COPD have not been defined...
- IRON METABOLISM AND PHOSPHORYLATION OF IRPS BY PKCRICHARD EISENSTEIN; Fiscal Year: 2002..is modulated through the action of two regulatory RNA binding proteins, iron regulatory protein 1 (IRP1) and IRP2. IRPs bind to iron responsive elements (IRE) in ferritin (iron storage) and transferrin receptor (TfR) (iron uptake)..
- Optimizing Heme Oxygenase Activity after CNS HemorrhageRaymond Regan; Fiscal Year: 2009..The ultimate goal is to reduce brain injury in tissue surrounding a blood clot, and to thereby improve the likelihood of survival and return to an independent, productive life. ..
- Effect of Inducible Antioxidants on Hemoglobin ToxicityRaymond F Regan; Fiscal Year: 2010..The ultimate goal is to reduce brain injury in tissue surrounding a blood clot, and to thereby improve the likelihood of survival and return to an independent, productive life. ..
- MLSN Screen of the PD Alpha Synuclein 5'UTRJack Rogers; Fiscal Year: 2008..Compounds directed to 5'UTRs of other mRNAs will probe mechanism of translation of the Abeta-amyloid precursor protein mRNA in Alzheimer's disease (SOD-1 mRNA in ALS, and PrP mRNA in Cruetzsfeld- Jacob Syndrome). [unreadable]..
- Structure and Function of Iron Regulatory ProteinsKARL W VOLZ; Fiscal Year: 2010..and storage in animal cells is regulated post-transcriptionally by two iron regulatory proteins, IRP1 and IRP2. The IRPs reversibly bind to highly conserved stem-loop structures known as iron responsive elements (IREs) in the ..
- Genetic Analysis of Iron Homeostasis in C.ElegansELIZABETH ANN LEIBOLD; Fiscal Year: 2010..elegans using a green fluorescence protein (GFP)-based screen. ..
- HTS Molecules Targeting APP 5'untranslated Region(RMI)Jack Rogers; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- RNA Therapeutics and Abeta Precursor Protein TranslationJack Rogers; Fiscal Year: 2006..Small molecules could well act by this pathway to decrease APP synthesis and concomitant ABeta-peptide output. ..
- NOVEL BIOCHEMICAL ROLES FOR IRON REGULATORY PROTEIN 2ELIZABETH LEIBOLD; Fiscal Year: 2006..Mammals have therefore evolved complex regulatory mechanisms devoted to iron homeostasis, where iron regulatory protein 2 (IRP2) serves a critical function...
- Helicobacter pylori: Pathogenesis and VirulenceKenneth Simpson; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Asthma Candidate Genes in Alpha 1-Antitrypsin DeficiencyDawn DeMeo; Fiscal Year: 2007..The identification of modifying factors of COPD in AAT deficiency may have significant public health relevance to COPD patients without AAT deficiency. ..