Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: IRAK M
Description: interleukin 1 receptor associated kinase 3
Alias: ASRT5, IRAKM, interleukin-1 receptor-associated kinase 3, IL-1 receptor-associated kinase M
Publications150 found, 100 shown here
- TIRP, a novel Toll/interleukin-1 receptor (TIR) domain-containing adapter protein involved in TIR signalingLiang Hua Bin
Department of Immunology, National Jewish Medical and Research Center, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver 80206, USA
J Biol Chem 278:24526-32. 2003..Our findings suggest that TIRP is involved in IL-1-triggered NF-kappaB activation and functions upstream of IRAK, IRAK-2, TRAF6, and IKKbeta..
- IRAK-M is a novel member of the Pelle/interleukin-1 receptor-associated kinase (IRAK) familyH Wesche
Tularik Inc, South San Francisco, California 94080, USA
J Biol Chem 274:19403-10. 1999..The discovery of IRAK-M adds another level of complexity to our understanding of signaling by members of the Toll/IL-1 receptor family...
- Identification and characterization of murine IRAK-MOlaf Rosati
Institute of Pharmacology, Hannover Medical School, D 30623 Hannover, Germany
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 293:1472-7. 2002....
- IRAK-M is a negative regulator of Toll-like receptor signalingKoichi Kobayashi
Section of Immunobiology, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06510, USA
Cell 110:191-202. 2002..Endotoxin tolerance, a protection mechanism against endotoxin shock, was significantly reduced in IRAK-M(-/-) cells. Thus, IRAK-M regulates TLR signaling and innate immune homeostasis...
- Tumor cells deactivate human monocytes by up-regulating IL-1 receptor associated kinase-M expression via CD44 and TLR4Carlos del Fresno
Research Unit, Department of Surgical Research, La Paz Hospital, Madrid, Spain
J Immunol 174:3032-40. 2005..Altogether, our findings indicate that deactivation of human monocytes in the presence of tumor cells involves IRAK-M up-regulation, and this effect appears to be mediated by hyaluronan through the engagement of CD44 and TLR4...
- Induction of IRAK-M is associated with lipopolysaccharide tolerance in a human endotoxemia modelCornelis van 't Veer
Center for Infection and Immunity Amsterdam, The Netherland
J Immunol 179:7110-20. 2007..In conclusion, LPS tolerance in human endotoxemia models is associated with IRAK-M up-regulation...
- TGF-β-induced IRAK-M expression in tumor-associated macrophages regulates lung tumor growthT J Standiford
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Oncogene 30:2475-84. 2011..Together, our data demonstrates that TGF-β-dependent induction of IRAK-M expression is an important, clinically relevant mechanism by which tumors may circumvent anti-tumor responses of macrophages...
- [Role of transduce molecules and modulatory factors of signal pathways of Toll-like receptor in inflammatory response of children with sepsis]Wei Guo Yang
Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, Shenzhen Children Hospital, Shenzhen 518026, Guangdong, China
Zhongguo Wei Zhong Bing Ji Jiu Yi Xue 20:561-4. 2008..To investigate the role of transduce molecules and modulatory factors of signal pathways of Toll-like receptors (TLRs) in aberrant inflammatory response in children with sepsis...
- 6-Methylprednisolone down-regulates IRAK-M in human and murine osteoclasts and boosts bone-resorbing activity: a putative mechanism for corticoid-induced osteoporosisAlessandra Soares-Schanoski
Research Unit, La Paz Hospital, Madrid 28046, Spain
J Leukoc Biol 82:700-9. 2007..These findings suggest a mechanism of corticosteroid-induced osteoporosis and open new avenues for treating this endemic disease of Western societies...
- Biliary innate immunity and cholangiopathyKenichi Harada
Department of Human Pathology, Kanazawa University Graduate School of Medicine, Kanazawa, Japan
Hepatol Res 37:S430-7. 2007..Biliary innate immunity is speculated to be associated with the pathogenesis of biliary diseases as well as the defense against biliary microbial infection...
- A20 is an early responding negative regulator of Toll-like receptor 5 signalling in intestinal epithelial cells during inflammationN Oshima
Department of Internal Medicine II, Shimane University School of Medicine, Izumo, Shimane, Japan
Clin Exp Immunol 159:185-98. 2010..Our results provide new insights into the negative feedback regulation of TLR-5 signalling that maintains the innate immune system in the gut...
- CL097, a TLR7/8 ligand, inhibits TLR-4--dependent activation of IRAK-M and BCL-3 expressionBranka Petricevic
Department of Surgery, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Shock 32:484-90. 2009..These data might add to the understanding of sepsis and cancer-associated immune suppression in men...
- TREM-1 activation alters the dynamics of pulmonary IRAK-M expression in vivo and improves host defense during pneumococcal pneumoniaHeimo Lagler
Department of Medicine I, Division of Infectious Diseases and Tropical Medicine, Medical University Vienna, Vienna, Austria
J Immunol 183:2027-36. 2009....
- IL-6 and TNF-alpha synergistically inhibit allograft acceptanceHua Shen
Department of Internal Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 20:1032-40. 2009..In summary, IL-6 and TNF-alpha synergistically impair the efficacy of therapies that promote allograft acceptance...
- IL-1 receptor-associated kinase M is a central regulator of osteoclast differentiation and activationHongmei Li
Department of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06510, USA
J Exp Med 201:1169-77. 2005..Thus, IRAK-M is a key regulator of the bone loss that is due to osteoclastic resorption of bone...
- Upregulation of TNF-alpha production signaling pathways in monocytes from patients with advanced cirrhosis: possible role of Akt and IRAK-MKhalid A Tazi
INSERM, U773, Centre de Recherche Biomedicale Bichat Beaujon CRB3, Hopital Beaujon, Clichy, France
J Hepatol 45:280-9. 2006..Thus, we investigated ex vivo the signaling pathways of TNF-alpha production before and after LPS incubation in monocytes from noninfected Child-Pugh C patients with advanced cirrhosis and healthy subjects...
- Critical role of IL-1 receptor-associated kinase-M in regulating chemokine-dependent deleterious inflammation in murine influenza pneumoniaMasafumi Seki
Department of Molecular Microbiology and Immunology, Nagasaki University Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Global Centers of Excellence Program, Nagasaki University, Nagasaki, Japan
J Immunol 184:1410-8. 2010..Collectively, our findings indicate that IRAK-M is critical to preventing deleterious neutrophil-dependent lung injury during influenza infection of the respiratory tract...
- Identification and characterization of murine IRAK-2Olaf Rosati
Institute of Pharmacology, Hannover Medical School, D 30623 Hannover, Germany
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 297:52-8. 2002....
- Monocyte mRNA phenotype and adverse outcomes from pediatric multiple organ dysfunction syndromeMark W Hall
Department of Pediatrics, Davis Heart and Lung Research Institute, The Ohio State University College of Medicine, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
Pediatr Res 62:597-603. 2007..02). These data suggest that adverse outcomes from pediatric MODS are associated with an anti-inflammatory monocyte mRNA phenotype. Future studies are warranted to explore mechanisms of immunodepression in pediatric critical illness...
- Transcriptional profiling reveals complex regulation of the monocyte IL-1 beta system by IL-13Chris J Scotton
Istituto di Ricerche Farmacologiche Mario Negri, Milan, Italy
J Immunol 174:834-45. 2005..The IL-13-induced modulation of genes related to IL-1 clearly highlights the tightly controlled and complex levels of regulation of the production and response to this potent proinflammatory cytokine...
- Atherosclerotic lesion development and Toll like receptor 2 and 4 responsivenessA H Schoneveld
Department of Cardiology, Experimental Cardiology Laboratory, UMC, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Atherosclerosis 197:95-104. 2008..Since repetitive stimulation of TLR induces an attenuated inflammatory response, we hypothesized that the TLR response is altered during atherosclerosis development, due to chronic exposure to endogenous ligands...
- B cell intrinsic TLR signals amplify but are not required for humoral immunityAlmut Meyer-Bahlburg
Seattle Children s Hospital Research Institute, Seattle, WA 98101, USA
J Exp Med 204:3095-101. 2007..However, B cell-intrinsic TLR signals are not required for antibody production or maintenance...
- A genome-wide analysis of LPS tolerance in macrophagesJorg Mages
Institute of Medical Microbiology, Immunology and Hygiene, Technical University Munich, Trogerstr 30, 81675, Munich, Germany
Immunobiology 212:723-37. 2007..g. IRAK-M) were confirmed as expressed at higher levels in LPS-tolerant macrophages. In addition, we discuss other potential players in LPS tolerance identified in this group of genes...
- Hyaluronan inhibits expression of ADAMTS4 (aggrecanase-1) in human osteoarthritic chondrocytesT Yatabe
Department of Pathology, Keio University, Tokyo, Japan
Ann Rheum Dis 68:1051-8. 2009..Intra-articular injection of hyaluronan (HA) has been suggested to have a disease-modifying effect in osteoarthritis, but little is known about the possible mechanisms...
- Functional diversity and regulation of different interleukin-1 receptor-associated kinase (IRAK) family membersSophie Janssens
Department of Molecular Biomedical Research, Unit of Molecular Signal Transduction in Inflammation, Ghent University, VIB, K L Ledeganckstraat 35, B 9000, Ghent, Belgium
Mol Cell 11:293-302. 2003..The scope of this review is to highlight the specific role of different IRAKs and to discuss several mechanisms that contribute to their activation and regulation...
- Enhanced TLR4 reactivity following injury is mediated by increased p38 activationAdrian A Maung
Department of Surgery Immunology, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Leukoc Biol 78:565-73. 2005..Our results suggest that the injury-induced increase in TLR4 reactivity is mediated, at least in part, by enhanced activation of the p38 signaling pathway...
- Tissue-specific mRNA expression profiles of human toll-like receptors and related genesMasuhiro Nishimura
Division of Pharmacology, Drug Safety and Metabolism, Otsuka Pharmaceutical Factory, Inc, Tokushima 772 8601, Japan
Biol Pharm Bull 28:886-92. 2005..The mRNA expression of CXCL10 was successfully detected in all of the tissues except for fetal and adult brain. These results provide valuable information for studies concerning the regulation of TLR-related genes...
- Loss of the innate immunity negative regulator IRAK-M leads to enhanced host immune defense against tumor growthQifa Xie
Laboratory of Innate Immunity and Inflammation, Department of Biological Sciences, Fralin Biotechnology Center, Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, VA 24061, United States
Mol Immunol 44:3453-61. 2007..Collectively, we demonstrate that IRAK-M is directly involved in the regulation of both innate and adaptive immune signaling processes, and deletion of IRAK-M enhances host anti-tumor immune response...
- Early and preferential induction of IL-1 receptor-associated kinase-M in THP-1 cells by LPS derived from Porphyromonas gingivalisHisanori Domon
Laboratory of Periodontology and Immunology, Department of Oral Health and Welfare, Faculty of Dentistry, Niigata University, 5274 Gakkocho 2 ban cho, Chu o ku, Niigata, Japan
J Leukoc Biol 83:672-9. 2008..This activity may be involved in the chronic infection of this bacterium in periodontal tissue by serving as an escape mechanism from immune surveillance...
- The interleukin-1 receptor-associated kinases: critical regulators of innate immune signallingSinead Flannery
School of Biochemistry and Immunology, Trinity College Dublin, Dublin 2, Ireland
Biochem Pharmacol 80:1981-91. 2010..Thus the potential targeting of these essential protein kinases therapeutically is also discussed...
- Neutrophils activate alveolar macrophages by producing caspase-6-mediated cleavage of IL-1 receptor-associated kinase-MHiroshi Kobayashi
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Medicine, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
J Immunol 186:403-10. 2011..PMNs de-repress AMs via CASP-6-mediated IRAK-M cleavage. This regulatory system will blunt lung inflammation unless PMNs infiltrate the alveolar spaces...
- DAP12 promotes IRAK-M expression and IL-10 production by liver myeloid dendritic cells and restrains their T cell allostimulatory abilityTina L Sumpter
Starzl Transplantation Institute, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
J Immunol 186:1970-80. 2011..These findings highlight a regulatory role for DAP12 in hepatic DC maturation, and suggest a mechanism whereby this function may be induced/maintained...
- Plasminogen activator inhibitor type-1 deficiency exaggerates LPS-induced acute lung injury through enhancing Toll-like receptor 4 signaling pathwayFeng Hua
aDepartment of Pulmonary Medicine, Zhongshan Hospital, Fudan University, 180 Feng Lin Road, Shanghai, People s Republic of China
Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 22:480-6. 2011..PAI-1 deletion increased lung injury induced by LPS through up-regulation of TLR4, ERK and C-JNK and down-regulation of TLR4 negative regulators...
- Prolonged hepatomegaly in mice that cannot inactivate bacterial endotoxinBaomei Shao
Infectious Diseases Division, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Texas Southwestern Medical School, Dallas, TX, USA
Hepatology 54:1051-62. 2011..In contrast, an antagonistic antibody to the IL-10 receptor increased LPS-induced hepatomegaly by as much as 50%...
- Decrease of miR-146b-5p in monocytes during obesity is associated with loss of the anti-inflammatory but not insulin signaling action of adiponectinMaarten Hulsmans
Atherosclerosis and Metabolism Unit, Department of Cardiovascular Sciences, KU Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
PLoS ONE 7:e32794. 2012..Because it was low we determined the involvement of this miR in the anti-inflammatory, antioxidative and insulin signaling action of globular adiponectin...
- Negative regulatory responses to metabolically triggered inflammation impair renal epithelial immunity in diabetes mellitusNelson K F Chen
Division of Medical Sciences, Humphrey Oei Institute of Cancer Research, National Cancer Centre, Singapore, 169610, Singapore
J Mol Med (Berl) 91:587-98. 2013..The immune abnormalities and cryptic renal infections described here may contribute to progression of diabetic nephropathy...
- IRAK-M mediates Toll-like receptor/IL-1R-induced NFκB activation and cytokine productionHao Zhou
Department of Immunology, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
EMBO J 32:583-96. 2013....
- Role of IRAK-M in alcohol induced liver injuryYipeng Wang
The Sections of Endocrinology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT, USA
PLoS ONE 8:e57085. 2013..In the absence of IRAK-M, the hosts developed worse liver injury, enhanced gut permeability and altered gut microbiota...
- IRAK4 kinase activity is not required for induction of endotoxin tolerance but contributes to TLR2-mediated toleranceYanbao Xiong
1 University of Connecticut Health Center, ARB Bldg, Rm E6032, 263 Farmington Ave, Farmington, CT 06030, USA
J Leukoc Biol 94:291-300. 2013..Thus, IRAK4 kinase activity is not required for the induction of endotoxin tolerance but contributes significantly to TLR2-elicited homo- and heterotolerance. ..
- Modulating Toll-like receptor 4 signaling pathway protects mice from experimental colitisKeietsu Saito
Department of Gastroenterology and Rheumatology, School of Medicine, Fukushima Medical University
Fukushima J Med Sci 59:81-8. 2013..Therefore, we initiated this study to explore the role of LPS tolerance in the development of colitis...
- Exhaustive exercise modifies different gene expression profiles and pathways in LPS-stimulated and un-stimulated whole blood culturesAsghar Abbasi
Division of Exercise Immunology and Genetics, Institute of Clinical and Experimental Transfusion Medicine IKET, University Hospital Tuebingen, Tuebingen, Germany Institute of Sports Science, Eberhard Karls University, Tuebingen, Germany Electronic address
Brain Behav Immun 39:130-41. 2014..The results of the present study demonstrate that some potentially important effects of exercise can only be detected in relation to pathogen stimulation. ..
- A new IRAK-M-mediated mechanism implicated in the anti-inflammatory effect of nicotine via α7 nicotinic receptors in human macrophagesMaria C Maldifassi
Departamento de Farmacologia y Terapeutica, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, IdiPAZ, Madrid, Spain
PLoS ONE 9:e108397. 2014....
- IRAK-M promotes alternative macrophage activation and fibroproliferation in bleomycin-induced lung injuryMegan N Ballinger
Division of Pulmonary, Allergy, Critical Care, and Sleep Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, Columbus, OH 43210
J Immunol 194:1894-904. 2015..These data indicate expression of IRAK-M skews lung macrophages toward an alternatively activated profibrotic phenotype, which promotes collagen production, leading to the progression of experimental pulmonary fibrosis. ..
- Methylation of IRAK3 is a novel prognostic marker in hepatocellular carcinomaChih Chi Kuo
Chih Chi Kuo, Ya Wen Lin, Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, National Defense Medical Center, Taipei 114, Taiwan
World J Gastroenterol 21:3960-9. 2015..To examine the methylation levels of interleukin-1 receptor-associated kinase 3 (IRAK3) and GLOXD1 and their potential clinical applications in hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC)...
- Expression of Toll-like receptor signaling-related genes in pigs co-infected with porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus and porcine circovirus type 2Van Hieu Dong
Department of Veterinary Medicine, National Pingtung University of Science and Technology, Neipu, Pingtung 912, Taiwan, ROC
Res Vet Sci 101:180-6. 2015..A positively synergistic effect of a combined infection of PRRSV and PCV2 on the CD14 mRNA expression was also observed. ..
- Assessment and diagnostic relevance of novel serum biomarkers for early decision of ST-elevation myocardial infarctionHun Jun Park
Department of Cardiology, College of Medicine, The Catholic University of Korea, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Oncotarget 6:12970-83. 2015..Blood transcriptome scans of ACS evidenced early stage molecular markers for STEMI. Here, we report novel biomarkers to diagnose STEMI at emergency department in hospitals by a simple ELISA method. ..
- Induction of Tolerogenic Dendritic Cells by a PEGylated TLR7 Ligand for Treatment of Type 1 DiabetesTomoko Hayashi
Moores Cancer Center, University of California San Diego, 9500 Gilman Drive, La Jolla, CA, 92093 0695, United States of America
PLoS ONE 10:e0129867. 2015..Pharmaceutical modulation of DC maturation and function in situ, thus represents an opportunity to treat autoimmune disease...
- Progesterone and the Repression of Myometrial Inflammation: The Roles of MKP-1 and the AP-1 SystemK Lei
Imperial College Parturition Research Group K L, E X G, L C, A Y, S R S, M R J, Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, London SW10 9NH, United Kingdom Institute of Reproductive and Developmental Biology KL, E X G, A Y, S R S, P R B, M R J, Hammersmith Hospital Campus, London W12 0NN, United Kingdom Obstetrics Department L C, First Affiliated Hospital of Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing 210029, People s Republic of China and Reproductive Health J J B, University of Warwick, Coventry CV4 7AL, United Kingdom
Mol Endocrinol 29:1454-67. 2015..Taken together, the data show that P4 acts via GR to drive MKP-1 expression, which in turn inhibits IL-1β-dependent c-Jun activation and COX-2 expression. ..
- The Alpha-Melanocyte-Stimulating Hormone Suppresses TLR2-Mediated Functional Responses through IRAK-M in Normal Human KeratinocytesSunhyo Ryu
Department of Dermatology, University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus, Aurora, Colorado, United States of America Department of Biotechnology, Chosun University School of Medicine, Gwangju, South Korea
PLoS ONE 10:e0136887. 2015..These results indicate that α-MSH is capable of suppressing keratinocyte TLR2-mediated inflammatory responses induced by S. aureus-LTA, thus demonstrating another novel immunomodulatory activity of α-MSH in normal human keratinocytes. ..
- Endothelial cell tolerance to lipopolysaccharide challenge is induced by monophosphoryl lipid ARyan J Stark
Department of Pediatrics, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN 37232, U S A
Clin Sci (Lond) 130:451-61. 2016..Most importantly, MPLA, a vaccine adjuvant with a wide therapeutic window, induced tolerance to LPS in endothelial cells. ..
- Survival kinase genes present prognostic significance in glioblastomaRobin T Varghese
Virginia Tech Carilion Research Institute, Roanoke, VA 24016, USA
Oncotarget 7:20140-51. 2016..Importantly, 17 SKGs together presented a novel GBM prognostic signature. SKGs identified herein are associated with recurrence rate and present prognostic significance in GBM, thereby becoming attractive therapeutic targets. ..
- Dual Inhibition of Rip2 and IRAK1/4 Regulates IL-1β and IL-6 in Sarcoidosis Alveolar Macrophages and Peripheral Blood Mononuclear CellsJaya Talreja
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care and Sleep Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, Wayne State University School of Medicine and Detroit Medical Center, Detroit, MI 48201 and
J Immunol 197:1368-78. 2016..These data suggest that in sarcoidosis, both pathways, namely IRAK and Rip2, are deregulated. Targeted modulation of Rip2 and IRAK pathways may prove to be a novel treatment for sarcoidosis. ..
- Transduction of Functionally Contrasting Signals by Two Mycobacterial PPE Proteins Downstream of TLR2 ReceptorsAtul Udgata
Laboratory of Molecular Cell Biology, Centre for DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostics, Nampally, Hyderabad 500 001, India and Graduate Studies, Manipal University, Manipal, Karnataka 576 104, India
J Immunol 197:1776-87. 2016..Our study hints to a novel mechanism that implicates PKCε-IRAK3-MKP-1 signaling in the regulation of MAPK activity and inflammatory cascades downstream of TLR2 in tuberculosis. ..
- Activator protein 1 promotes the transcriptional activation of IRAK-MPeipei Jin
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, Changhai Hospital, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai 200433, China
Biomed Pharmacother 83:1212-1219. 2016..Taken together, the result of this study highlights the importance of AP-1 in IRAK-M transcription, which offers more information on the role of IRAK-M in infectious and non-infectious diseases...
- Epigenetic and Transcriptional Regulation of IRAK-M Expression in MacrophagesKonstantina Lyroni
Laboratory of Clinical Chemistry, Medical School, University of Crete, Heraklion 71003, Crete, Greece
J Immunol . 2016....
- Shielding the double-edged sword: negative regulation of the innate immune systemKoichi S Kobayashi
Section of Immunobiology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520 8011, USA
J Leukoc Biol 75:428-33. 2004....
- Nitric oxide activates the expression of IRAK-M via the release of TNF-alpha in human monocytesCarlos del Fresno
Research Unit, Department of Surgical Research, La Paz Hospital, Madrid 28046, Spain
Nitric Oxide 10:213-20. 2004..Thus, our data indicate that stimulation of human monocytes with a NO donor results in a clear induction of IRAK-M and this is dependent on the release of TNF-alpha by this kind of cells...
- Messenger RNA expression of multiple immune mediators in leukocytes from elective orthopaedic surgical patientsN Ireland
Intensive Care Unit, Waikato Hospital, and Molecular Genetics Laboratory University of Waikato, Hamilton, New Zealand
Anaesth Intensive Care 32:188-95. 2004..01) between preoperative specimens and normal comparisons (i.e. higher MPO, PDGF, TREM and IRAKM; lower mtHSP) reflecting the effects of chronic inflammation associated with osteoarthritis...
- Differential regulation and role of interleukin-1 receptor associated kinase-M in innate immunity signalingJianmin Su
The Laboratory of Innate Immunity and Inflammation, Department of Biology, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, VA 24061, USA
Cell Signal 19:1596-601. 2007..Our findings indicate that IRAK-M selectively attenuates p38 activation and inhibits innate immunity through stabilizing MKP-1...
- Interleukin-1 receptor-associated kinase-3 is a key inhibitor of inflammation in obesity and metabolic syndromeMaarten Hulsmans
Atherosclerosis and Metabolism Unit, Department of Cardiovascular Diseases, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
PLoS ONE 7:e30414. 2012..Visceral obesity is associated with the rising incidence of type 2 diabetes and metabolic syndrome. Low-grade chronic inflammation and oxidative stress synergize in obesity and obesity-induced disorders...
- Gamma-tocotrienol modulated gene expression in senescent human diploid fibroblasts as revealed by microarray analysisSuzana Makpol
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, Jalan Raja Muda Abdul Aziz, 50300 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Oxid Med Cell Longev 2013:454328. 2013..These findings revealed that γ -tocotrienol may prevent cellular aging of human diploid fibroblasts by modulating gene expression...
- miR-155* mediates suppressive effect of PTEN 3'-untranslated region on AP-1/NF-κB pathway in HTR-8/SVneo cellsP Xue
Drum Tower Clinical Medical College, Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing 210029, China
Placenta 34:650-6. 2013..played a positive feedback role in AP-1/NF-κB pathway via targeting interleukin-1 receptor-associated kinase M (IRAKM) and NF-κB inhibitor interacting Ras-like 1 (NKIRAS1) in trophoblasts...
- IRAK-M expression limits dendritic cell activation and proinflammatory cytokine production in response to Helicobacter pyloriJessica Shiu
University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e66914. 2013....
- Interleukin-1 receptor-associated kinase M (IRAK-M) promotes human rhinovirus infection in lung epithelial cells via the autophagic pathwayQun Wu
Department of Medicine, National Jewish Health, Denver, CO, USA
Virology 446:199-206. 2013..g., autophagy) mechanism of enhanced HRV-16 infection by IRAK-M over-expression. Targeting autophagic pathway or administrating anti-viral interferons may prevent or attenuate viral (e.g., HRV-16) infections in allergic airways. ..
- Severe impairment of interleukin-1 and Toll-like receptor signalling in mice lacking IRAK-4Nobutaka Suzuki
Amgen Institute, Ontario Cancer Institute and Department of Medical Biophysics, University of Toronto, 620 University Avenue, Suite 706, Toronto, Ontario M5G 2C1, Canada
Nature 416:750-6. 2002..In addition, animals lacking IRAK-4 are severely impaired in their responses to viral and bacterial challenges. Our results indicate that IRAK-4 has an essential role in innate immunity...
- Modulation of Toll-interleukin 1 receptor mediated signalingXiaoxia Li
Department of Immunology, Lerner Research Institute, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, 9500 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
J Mol Med (Berl) 83:258-66. 2005..addition to SIGIRR, several other negative regulators have been shown to inhibit the TIR signaling, including ST2, IRAKM, MyD88s, SOCS1, and Triad3A...
- Mycobacterium tuberculosis lipoarabinomannan-mediated IRAK-M induction negatively regulates Toll-like receptor-dependent interleukin-12 p40 production in macrophagesSushil Kumar Pathak
Department of Chemistry, Bose Institute, 93 1 Acharya Prafulla Chandra Road, Kolkata 700009, India
J Biol Chem 280:42794-800. 2005..The fact that Irak-M expression could be elicited by yeast mannan suggested that ligation of the mannose receptor by the mannooligosaccharide caps of LAM was the probable trigger for IRAK-M induction...
- GM-CSF regulates a PU.1-dependent transcriptional program determining the pulmonary response to LPSPierre Yves Berclaz
Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Division of Pulmonary Biology, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 36:114-21. 2007..1-dependent. These results show that GM-CSF, via PU.1, enables AM responses to P. aeruginosa LPS by regulating expression of a specific subset of components of the TLR-4 signaling pathway...
- Inflammatory responses associated with acute coronary syndrome up-regulate IRAK-M and induce endotoxin tolerance in circulating monocytesCarlos del Fresno
Research Unit, La Paz Hospital, Madrid, Spain
J Endotoxin Res 13:39-52. 2007..The magnitude of this response varies according to the clinical condition (UA, STEMI or NSTEMI), and is regulated by TNF-alpha...
- Differential gene expression of interleukin-1 receptor associated kinase-1 and interleukin-1 receptor associated kinase-M in peripheral blood mononuclear cells of young and aged rats following preconditioning with endotoxinYingzhe Li
Department of Surgery, Duke University, USA
Shock 31:55-63. 2009..05) after stimulation with high-dose LPS only in cells from young rats. These phenotypic characteristics of PBMCs from aged rats can interfere with their ability to develop tolerance to endotoxin...
- The mechanism of excessive intestinal inflammation in necrotizing enterocolitis: an immature innate immune responseNanda Nanthakumar
Developmental Gastroenterology Laboratory, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e17776. 2011..We conclude that the excessive inflammatory response of the immature intestine, a hallmark of NEC, is due to a developmental immaturity in innate immune response genes...
- Interleukin 1 receptor-associated kinase m impairs host defense during pneumococcal pneumoniaGerritje J W van der Windt
Center for Infection and Immunity Amsterdam, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Infect Dis 205:1849-57. 2012..Interleukin 1 (IL-1) receptor-associated kinase (IRAK)-M is a proximal inhibitor of Toll-like receptor signaling...
- Genome-wide disease association study in chewing tobacco associated oral cancersRenu Bhatnagar
Reliance Life Sciences Pvt Ltd, Dhirubhai Ambani Life Sciences Center, Thane Belapur, Rabale, Navi Mumbai 400 701, India
Oral Oncol 48:831-5. 2012..The data indicates an inherent role for the genetic constitution of individuals in oral carcinogenesis, with the genomic variants contributing to increased risk or susceptibility to oral cancer...
- Association study of IRAK-M and SIGIRR genes with SLE in a large European-descent populationE Sanchez
Instituto de Parasitologia y Biomedicina Lopez Neyra, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas, Spain
Lupus 21:1166-71. 2012....
- Interleukin-1 receptor-associated kinase 2- and protein kinase D1-dependent regulation of IRAK-monocyte expression by CpG DNAYoung In Kim
Children s Foundation Research Institute at Le Bonheur Children s Hospital and Department of Pediatrics, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, Tennessee, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e43970. 2012..Collectively, our results demonstrate that IRAK2 plays a key role in the TLR9-mediated transcriptional regulation of Irak-m expression by sustaining activation of PKD1 and NF-κB...
- Differentially expressed kinase genes associated with trypsinogen activation in rat pancreatic acinar cells treated with taurolithocholic acid 3-sulfateBiao Ma
Department of General Surgery, The First Affiliated Hospital of Harbin Medical University, Harbin, Heilongjiang 150001, PR China
Mol Med Rep 7:1591-6. 2013..MAPK and calcium signaling pathways were found to be located at the center of the network. Thus, protein kinases constitute potential drug targets for AP treatment...
- [Negative regulation of Toll-like receptor signalling]Halina Antosz
Zakład Genetyki Klinicznej, Uniwersytet Medyczny, 20 080 Lublin, Poland
Postepy Hig Med Dosw (Online) 67:339-50. 2013..These molecules maintain the balance between activation and inhibition and ensure balancing of the beneficial and adverse effects of antigen recognition...
- Nitric oxide induces SOCS-1 expression in human monocytes in a TNF-alpha-dependent mannerM Carmen González-León
Research Unit, La Paz Hospital, Madrid, Spain
J Endotoxin Res 12:296-306. 2006..We conclude that NO stimulates SOCS-1 overexpression in a pathway at least partially regulated by TNF-alpha...
- Wear particles promote endotoxin tolerance in macrophages by inducing interleukin-1 receptor-associated kinase-M expressionYangchun Zhang
Huangpu Joint Centre, First Affiliated Hospital of Sun Yat sen University, Guangzhou, Guangdong 510700, China
J Biomed Mater Res A 101:733-9. 2013....
- Endogenous IRAK-M attenuates postinfarction remodeling through effects on macrophages and fibroblastsWei Chen
The Wilf Family Cardiovascular Research Institute, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, 1300 Morris Park Avenue Forchheimer G46B, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 32:2598-608. 2012..Our study investigates the role of IRAK-M as a negative regulator of the postinfarction inflammatory response and as a modulator of cardiac remodeling...
- Molecular evolution and structural features of IRAK family membersVijayakumar Gosu
Department of Molecular Science and Technology, Ajou University, Suwon, Korea
PLoS ONE 7:e49771. 2012..IRAKs are Ser/Thr kinases. There are 4 members in the vertebrate genome (IRAK1, IRAK2, IRAKM, and IRAK4) and an IRAK homolog, Pelle, in insects...
- Probiotic genomic DNA reduces the production of pro-inflammatory cytokine tumor necrosis factor-alphaChung Hee Kim
School of Biotechnology and Institute of Life Science and Resources, Kyung Hee University, Yongin, South Korea
FEMS Microbiol Lett 328:13-9. 2012..This study can extend our understanding of the biological function of probiotic genomic DNA as an anti-inflammatory agent...
- IRAK-M modulates expression of IL-10 and cell surface markers CD80 and MHC II after bacterial re-stimulation of tolerized dendritic cellsTyler S Cole
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan Health System, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, United States
Immunol Lett 144:49-59. 2012....
- Altered regulation of Toll-like receptor responses impairs antibacterial immunity in the allergic lungM Habibzay
Imperial College London, Leukocyte Biology Section, National Heart and Lung Institute, London, UK
Mucosal Immunol 5:524-34. 2012..A background of allergic airway disease therefore exacerbates bacterial infection by altering key antibacterial innate immune pathways that are amenable to therapeutic intervention...
- Immunobiotic Lactobacillus jensenii modulates the Toll-like receptor 4-induced inflammatory response via negative regulation in porcine antigen-presenting cellsJulio Villena
Food Immunology Group, Graduate School of Agricultural Science, Tohoku University, Sendai, Japan
Clin Vaccine Immunol 19:1038-53. 2012....
- Impaired antigen presentation and potent phagocytic activity identifying tumor-tolerant human monocytesAlessandra Soares-Schanoski
Laboratory of Tumorimmunology, IdiPAZ, La Paz Hospital, Madrid, Spain
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 423:331-7. 2012..In addition circulating monocytes isolated from Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia patients exhibited the same profile as tumor tolerant cells after tumor ex vivo exposition...
- TLR signaling prevents hyperoxia-induced lung injury by protecting the alveolar epithelium from oxidant-mediated deathMegan N Ballinger
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
J Immunol 189:356-64. 2012..Collectively, our data suggest that IRAK-M inhibits the induction of antioxidants essential for protecting the lungs against cell death, resulting in enhanced susceptibility to hyperoxic lung injury...
- Interleukin-1 receptor-associated kinase M-deficient mice demonstrate an improved host defense during Gram-negative pneumoniaJacobien J Hoogerwerf
Center for Infection and Immunity Amsterdam, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Mol Med 18:1067-75. 2012..These data indicate that IRAK-M impairs host defense during pneumonia caused by a common gram-negative respiratory pathogen...
- Pulmonary surfactant protein A and surfactant lipids upregulate IRAK-M, a negative regulator of TLR-mediated inflammation in human macrophagesHuy A Nguyen
Dept of Microbial Infection and Immunity, The Ohio State Univ, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 303:L608-16. 2012..In conclusion, these data identify an important signaling regulator in human macrophages that is used by surfactant to control the long-term alveolar inflammatory response, i.e., enhanced IRAK-M activity...
- Rapid up-regulation of IRAK-M expression following a second endotoxin challenge in human monocytes and in monocytes isolated from septic patientsPedro Escoll
Research Unit, Department of Surgical Research, La Paz Hospital, Madrid 28046, Spain
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 311:465-72. 2003..Thus, our data indicate that IRAK-M could play a pivotal role in the process of ET in human monocytes and provide evidence that PI3K is involved in regulating its expression...
- Involvement of IRAK-M in peptidoglycan-induced tolerance in macrophagesKuniko Nakayama
Department of Infectious Diseases, Graduate School of Medicine, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo 113 8655, Japan
J Biol Chem 279:6629-34. 2004..These results suggest that induction of IRAK-M and inhibition of kinase activity of IRAK-1 are crucial to PGN-induced tolerance in macrophages...
- mRNA is an endogenous ligand for Toll-like receptor 3Katalin Kariko
Division of Neurosurgery and Infectious Diseases, University of Pennsylvania, 3610 Hamilton Walk, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Biol Chem 279:12542-50. 2004..This finding has potential physiologic relevance because RNA escaping from damaged tissue or contained within endocytosed cells could serve as an endogenous ligand for TLR3 that induces or otherwise modulates immune responses...
- The murine IRAK2 gene encodes four alternatively spliced isoforms, two of which are inhibitoryMatthew P Hardy
Department of Biochemistry and the Biotechnology Institute, Trinity College Dublin, Dublin 2, Ireland
J Biol Chem 279:27699-708. 2004..These observations identify another distinguishing feature between mice and humans in the TLR system that is likely to be due to differences in the selective pressure imposed by pathogens on each species during evolution...
- The immunomodulating neuropeptide alpha-melanocyte-stimulating hormone (alpha-MSH) suppresses LPS-stimulated TLR4 with IRAK-M in macrophagesA W Taylor
Schepens Eye Research Institute and the Department of Ophthalmology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
J Neuroimmunol 162:43-50. 2005..These results further demonstrate the dynamic contribution of the nervous system, and the role of alpha-MSH in modulating the innate and adaptive immune interface in an inflammatory response...
- An association study of asthma and related phenotypes with polymorphisms in negative regulator molecules of the TLR signaling pathwayKazuko Nakashima
Laboratory for Genetics of Allergic Diseases, RIKEN SNP Research Center, 1 7 22 Suehiro, Tsurumi ku, Yokohama, Kanagawa, 230 0045, Japan
J Hum Genet 51:284-91. 2006..Our results indicate that polymorphisms in IRAK-M and SIGIRR are not likely to be associated with the development of asthma in the Japanese population...
- Pathophysiology of interleukin-1 receptor-associated kinase-M: implications in refractory stateEduardo Lopez-Collazo
Research Unit, La Paz Hospital, Madrid, Spain
Curr Opin Infect Dis 19:237-44. 2006..This review highlights recent findings on interleukin-1 receptor-associated kinase-M reported in biomedical literature...
- Sepsis-induced suppression of lung innate immunity is mediated by IRAK-MJane C Deng
Department of Medicine, Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
J Clin Invest 116:2532-42. 2006..Collectively, these findings indicate that IRAK-M mediates critical aspects of innate immunity that result in an immunocompromised state during sepsis...
- Toll-like receptor 2 ligand mediates the upregulation of angiogenic factor, vascular endothelial growth factor and interleukin-8/CXCL8 in human rheumatoid synovial fibroblastsMi La Cho
Division of Rheumatology, Department of Medicine, The Rheumatism Research Center RhRC, Catholic University of Korea, Seoul, South Korea
Immunol Lett 108:121-8. 2007..This possibly contributes to the perpetuation of synovitis in patients with RA...
- IRAK-M is involved in the pathogenesis of early-onset persistent asthmaLenuta Balaci
Istituto di Neurogenetica e Neurofarmacologia, Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche, Cittadella Universitaria di Cagliari, Onserrato, Italy
Am J Hum Genet 80:1103-14. 2007..Our data suggest a mechanistic link between hyperactivation of the innate immune system and chronic airway inflammation and indicate IRAK-M as a potential target for therapeutic intervention against asthma...
- Gene expression analysis illuminates the transcriptional programs underlying the functional activity of ex vivo-expanded granulocytesLi Ting Huang
Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering, Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois, USA
Physiol Genomics 31:114-25. 2007..Lower activity in EXE granulocytes may be due to greater expression of IRAK3, which inhibits TLR-mediated signaling...
- Regulation of Tumor Associated Macrophages by TGF-betaVenkateshwar G Keshamouni; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- Enhancing TB vaccine with gene silencingJinhee Lee; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- EFFECT OF COLOSTRUM ON GUT MATURATION AND HOST DEFENSEW Allan Walker; Fiscal Year: 2013..We will determine how breastfeeding prevents age-related neonatal inflammatory diseases ..
- Andrei E Medvedev; Fiscal Year: 2014..These advances would be of key importance for improving public health in septic patients in the U.S. ..
- John Y Kao; Fiscal Year: 2015..g., prebiotics, probiotics). ..
- Nikolaos G Frangogiannis; Fiscal Year: 2016..In addition, the novel effects of IRAK-M on fibroblast function and its potential interactions with the TGF- [unreadable] pathway have important implications in the biology of tissue inflammation and repair. ..
- David Gate; Fiscal Year: 2014..The proposed training plan outlines a set of career development activities and scientific workshops - e.g. advanced education in neuropathology, animal behavior and grant writing - to facilitate completion of this work. ..
- Role of IRAK-M in sepsis-induced immunosuppressionJane C Deng; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- The impact of Helicobacter pylori infection on inflammatory bowel disease susceptJohn Kao; Fiscal Year: 2009..pylori eradication on the host susceptibility to IBD. The completion of this project will also offer a potential mechanism through which beneficial bacteria (e.g., probiotics) may help to prevent IBD flares. ..
- Regulation of signaling events in septic leukocytesLiwu Li; Fiscal Year: 2006..Aim 2. We plan to examine the regulation of IRAK2 and IRAKM. Specifically, we will test whether IRAK2/M responds to microbial product challenges other than LPS...
- IRAK Family Function in Bacterial InfectionJames Thomas; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- IRAK Family Function in Bacterial InfectionJames Thomas; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- The LPS Responsiveness of TLR2 an TLR4 in the NeutrophilPATRICK ARNDT; Fiscal Year: 2005..for the creation of antisense TLR2, TLR4, and IRAK ex- pressing cell lines, dominant negatives for TLR2, TLR4, and IRAK M, and novel immunoprecipitation techniques for 2D gel electrophoresis to examine the macromolecular complexes ..
- TOLL RECEPTOR ACTIVATION OF NF-kB IN INSULIN RESISTANCE AND T2DMSteven E Shoelson; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- CIAS1, A Regulator of NF-kB Activity and InflammationWILLIE BRICKEY; Fiscal Year: 2005..Consequences of these mutations on the control of NFkappaB activity and inflammation will be assessed. ..
- SIGIRR A Negative Regulator of Toll-IL-IR SignalingXiaoxia Li; Fiscal Year: 2009..Specifically, the proposed studies should result in significant advances in the field of innate mucosal immunity and should also help us to determine the potential of SIGIRR as a target for developing anti-inflammatory drugs. ..
- Molecular Mechanisms for IL-25-mediated Th2 ResponsesXiaoxia Li; Fiscal Year: 2010..With this improved understanding comes the potential to develop specific inhibitors of these pathways and perhaps novel therapeutics for the treatment of asthma. ..
- Endotoxin-induced Uveitis RevisitedJames T Rosenbaum; Fiscal Year: 2010..Future studies can buil d on these observations to test anti-inflammtory molecules induced by endotoxin as these molecules are potentially useful in the treatment of uveitis and other inflammations. ..
- FOUR DIMENSIONAL IMAGING OF THE IMMUNE RESPONSE IN VIVOJames T Rosenbaum; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies should result in a fundamental improvement in the understanding of how T cells behave within a site of inflammation. ..
- Act1 in CD40-/BAFFR-Mediated B Cell SurvivalXiaoxia Li; Fiscal Year: 2009..These findings will help us to elucidate the detailed regulatory mechanism for B cell homeostasis and opens new possibility to intervene the immune system. ..
- Molecular Mechanisms of IL-1R-TLR-Mediated SignalingXiaoxia Li; Fiscal Year: 2008..The long-term objective is to develop more effective anti-inflammatory and anti-atherogenic small molecule drugs. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- UVEITIS GENE-EXPRESSION PROFILINGJames Rosenbaum; Fiscal Year: 2008..The creation of a gene expression data base for patients with uveitis has the potential to clarify the pathogenesis of disease, establish new diagnostic tools, and provide a means for predicting prognosis. ..
- CHEMOTACTIC FACTORS IN ANIMAL MODELS OF UVEITISJames Rosenbaum; Fiscal Year: 2008..We believe that these aims are novel, innovative, especially suited to the skills and achievements demonstrated by our laboratory, and highly relevant to clarifying the pathogenesis of anterior uveitis. ..
- PGE2 Regulation of Epithelial/Fibroblast InteractionsBethany Moore; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Anterior Uveal Dendritic CellsJames Rosenbaum; Fiscal Year: 2004..These studies will clarify the function of the immune system within the eye and may suggest novel therapeutic approaches in the treatment of uveitis. ..
- CXC CHEMOKINE REGULATION OF PROSTATE CANCER ANGIOGENESISBethany Moore; Fiscal Year: 2002..These studies should lead to new insights into the biology of prostate cancer growth and metastasis, and pave the way to adapt adjuvant therapies for the treatment of this widespread disease. ..
- IMMUNOLOGY/MOLECULAR BIOLOGY TRAINING IN OPHTHALMOLOGYJames Rosenbaum; Fiscal Year: 2007..The quality of the institution, the talents of the specific faculty, the abilities of the applicant pool, and the proven success of the program areadditional strengths of this application. ..
- Heat shock proteins and alcohol induced liver injuryPranoti Mandrekar; Fiscal Year: 2006....