Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: IQGAP2
Description: IQ motif containing GTPase activating protein 2
Alias: ras GTPase-activating-like protein IQGAP2
- The Ras GTPase-activating-protein-related human protein IQGAP2 harbors a potential actin binding domain and interacts with calmodulin and Rho family GTPasesS Brill
Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Centre, Harvard Medical School, Charlestown, Massachusetts 02129, USA
Mol Cell Biol 16:4869-78. 1996..Like IQGAP1, the novel IQGAP2 protein harbors an N-terminal calponin homology motif which functions as an F-actin binding domain in members of ..
- Cloning and characterization of a novel transcript variant of IQGAP2 in human testisHui Wang
Key Laboratory of Reproductive Medicine, Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing 210029, P R of China
DNA Seq 15:319-25. 2004..The above results suggest the potential role of tsIQGAP2 during spermatogenesis and the mechanism by which tsIQGAP2 regulating spermatogenesis also has been proposed...
- IQGAP2 inactivation through aberrant promoter methylation and promotion of invasion in gastric cancer cellsShun Hua Jin
Department of Molecular Oncology, Graduate School of Medicine and Dentistry, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Tokyo, Japan
Int J Cancer 122:1040-6. 2008..However, the role of another family member, IQGAP2, in carcinogenesis remains unknown. Here, we investigated IQGAP2 functions in gastric cancers...
- IQGAP2 functions as a GTP-dependent effector protein in thrombin-induced platelet cytoskeletal reorganizationValentina A Schmidt
Department of Medicine and the Program in Genetics, State University of New York, Stony Brook, 11794, USA
Blood 101:3021-8. 2003..The gene encoding the putative rac1/cdc42 effector protein IQGAP2 was identified within the PAR gene cluster at 5q13, flanked telomeric by PAR1 and encompassing PAR3...
- Conserved sequence repeats of IQGAP1 mediate binding to EzrinJing Liu
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, 1901 Perdido Street, New Orleans, Louisiana 70112, United States
J Proteome Res 13:1156-66. 2014..ITC also indicates that the ezrin FERM domain binds to the Repeats from IQGAP2 but not the Repeats from IQGAP3...
- Hepatocellular carcinoma in IQGAP2-deficient mice and evaluation of IQGAP2 as a potential novel tumor suppressor geneV A Schmidt
State University of New York Stony Brook, Stony Brook, NY
J Clin Oncol 26:4600. 2008..In mammals, three homologous IQGAPs (IQGAP1, IQGAP2 and IQGAP3) have been identified, and targeted disruption of the murine Iqgap1 gene has been associated with ..
- A novel role for IQGAP1 protein in cell motility through cell retractionSahar Foroutannejad
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Southern Illinois University School of Pharmacy, Edwardsville, IL 62026, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 448:39-44. 2014..In addition, we examined co-localization of IQGAP1 with adhesion site markers, myosin IIA, calmodulin and IQGAP2. In areas rich in IQGAP1 there was decreased immunofluorescence staining of vinculin, paxillin and phosphorylated-..
- IQGAP3 promotes EGFR-ERK signaling and the growth and metastasis of lung cancer cellsYing Yang
Department of Immunology, School of Basic Medical Sciences, Key Laboratory of Medical Immunology of Ministry of Public Health, Peking University Health Science Center, Beijing, P R China
PLoS ONE 9:e97578. 2014..IQGAP1 has well documented oncogenic potential and IQGAP2 has putative tumor-suppressive function...
- Differential expression of IQGAP1/2 in Hepatocellular carcinoma and its relationship with clinical outcomesFa Da Xia
Department of General Surgery, Xiangya Hospital, Central South University, Changsha, China E mail
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 15:4951-6. 2014To investigate IQGAP1 and IQGAP2 expression in hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) and itsassociation with HCC clinicopathological characteristics and survival outcomes.
- Involvement of IQGAP family proteins in the regulation of mammalian cell cytokinesisMakoto Adachi
Department of Cell Biology, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, Sakyo ku, Kyoto, 606 8501, Japan
Genes Cells 19:803-20. 2014..localized to the equatorial cortex at anaphase, whereas IQGAP1 localized to the cell cortex uniformly and IQGAP2 was unexpressed in HeLa cells...
- IQGAPs choreograph cellular signaling from the membrane to the nucleusJessica M Smith
Department of Laboratory Medicine, National Institutes of Health, 10 Center Drive, Building 10, Room 2C306, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Trends Cell Biol 25:171-84. 2015..Investigation of the IQGAP2 and IQGAP3 homologs demonstrates unique functions, some of which differ from those of IQGAP1...
- Mechanical stress and network structure drive protein dynamics during cytokinesisVasudha Srivastava
Department of Cell Biology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21218, USA
Curr Biol 25:663-70. 2015..Equatorially enriched proteins including cortexillin I, IQGAP2, and myosin II recovered much more slowly than actin and polar crosslinkers...
- The biology of IQGAP proteins: beyond the cytoskeletonAndrew C Hedman
Department of Laboratory Medicine, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, USA
EMBO Rep 16:427-46. 2015..Fungal and mammalian IQGAPs are implicated in cytokinesis. IQGAP1, IQGAP2, and IQGAP3 have diverse roles in vertebrate physiology, operating in the kidney, nervous system, cardio-vascular ..
- IQ Motif-Containing GTPase-Activating Protein 2 (IQGAP2) Is a Novel Regulator of Colonic Inflammation in MiceAmr M Ghaleb
Department of Medicine, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, New York, United States of America
PLoS ONE 10:e0129314. 2015IQ motif-containing GTPase-activating protein 2 (IQGAP2) is a multidomain scaffolding protein that plays a role in cytoskeleton regulation by juxtaposing Rho GTPase and Ca2+/calmodulin signals...
- The Rho-GTPase binding protein IQGAP2 is required for the glomerular filtration barrierYuya Sugano
Zurich Center for Integrative Human Physiology, University of Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Kidney Int 88:1047-56. 2015..One glomerulus-enriched product was the Rho-GTPase binding protein, IQGAP2. Immunohistochemistry found a strong presence of IQGAP2 in normal human and zebrafish podocytes...
- The European GWAS-identified risk SNP rs457717 within IQGAP2 is not associated with age-related hearing impairment in Han male Chinese populationHuajie Luo
Department of Otolaryngology, Renji Hospital, School of Medicine, Shanghai Jiaotong University, 160 Pujian Road Pudong New Area, Shanghai, 200127, People s Republic of China
Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 273:1677-87. 2016This study aimed to test the association between the European GWAS-identified risk IQGAP2 SNP rs457717 (A>G) and age-related hearing impairment (ARHI) in a Han male Chinese (HMC) population...
- IQGAP3 is essential for cell proliferation and motility during zebrafish embryonic developmentXiaolan Fang
Department of Biology, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia
Cytoskeleton (Hoboken) 72:422-33. 2015..Vertebrates express 3 family members: IQGAP1, IQGAP2, and IQGAP3...
- Gene expression of IQGAPs and Ras families in an experimental mouse model for hepatocellular carcinoma: a mechanistic study of cancer progressionKhairy M A Zoheir
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, College of Pharmacy, King Saud University P O Box 2457, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia Department of Cell Biology, National Research Centre 12622 Cairo, Egypt
Int J Clin Exp Pathol 8:8821-31. 2015..The genetic expressions of IQGAP1, IQGAP2, IQGAP3, Hras, Kras, Nras, Mras, Caspase3, and BAX were followed in both hepatocellular carcinoma and normal liver ..
- Epigenetic regulation of IQGAP2 promotes ovarian cancer progression via activating Wnt/β-catenin signalingZhuo Deng
Center for Translational Medicine, The First Affiliated Hospital of Xi an Jiaotong University College of Medicine, Xi an 710061, P R China
Int J Oncol 48:153-60. 2016..from The Cancer Genome Atlas, we unveiled the abnormalities in gene methylation of ovarian cancers, and found that IQGAP2 one of the most frequently altered genes, was significantly hypermethylated in ovarian cancer...
- Integrated genomic profiling identifies microRNA-92a regulation of IQGAP2 in locally advanced rectal cancerRaphael Pelossof
Computational Biology Program, Department of Surgery, Memorial Sloan Kettering Institute, NY
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 55:311-21. 2016..Cell line studies using miR-92a mimics and inhibitors demonstrate that miR-92a expression regulates IQGAP2 expression...
- Targeted Sequencing and Meta-Analysis of Preterm BirthAlper Uzun
Department of Pediatrics, Women and Infants Hospital of Rhode Island, Providence, Rhode Island, United States of America
PLoS ONE 11:e0155021. 2016..The most frequently identified and connected genes in the exome library were IGF1, ATM and IQGAP2. Likewise, SOS1, RAF1 and AKT3 were most frequent in the haplotype library...
- Platelet-Related Variants Identified by Exomechip Meta-analysis in 157,293 IndividualsJohn D Eicher
Population Sciences Branch, National Heart Lung and Blood Institute, The Framingham Heart Study, Framingham, MA 01702, USA
Am J Hum Genet 99:40-55. 2016..in the literature across the allele frequency spectrum, including rare large effect (FCER1A), low-frequency (IQGAP2, MAP1A, LY75), and common (ZMIZ2, SMG6, PEAR1, ARFGAP3/PACSIN2) variants...
- Nuclear translocation of IQGAP1 protein upon exposure to puromycin aminonucleoside in cultured human podocytes: ERK pathway involvementClaire Rigothier
Bristol Renal, University of Bristol, Bristol, United Kingdom INSERM U1026, Universite de Bordeaux, Bordeaux, France Service de Néphrologie Transplantation Dialyse, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Bordeaux, Bordeaux, France Electronic address
Cell Signal 28:1470-8. 2016..In contrast to IQGAP1, IQGAP2 expression remained cytoplasmic...
- IQGAP2 is a novel interferon-alpha antiviral effector gene acting non-conventionally through the NF-κB pathwayCynthia Brisac
Liver Center and Gastrointestinal Division, Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Hepatol 65:972-979. 2016..Using unbiased genome-wide siRNA screens, we recently identified IQ-motif containing GTPase activating protein 2 (IQGAP2), a tumor suppressor predominantly expressed in the liver, as a novel gene putatively required for IFN antiviral ..
- IQGAP1 gene silencing induces apoptosis and decreases the invasive capacity of human hepatocellular carcinoma cellsKhairy Ma Zoheir
Pharmacology and Toxicology Department, College of Pharmacy, King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Tumour Biol 37:13927-13939. 2016..IQGAP1 is expressed in all cells, while IQGAP2 and IQGAP3 are mainly expressed in hepatic cells...
- The Structural Basis for Cdc42-Induced Dimerization of IQGAPsLouis LeCour
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
Structure 24:1499-508. 2016..present the crystal structure of Cdc42·GTP bound to the GTPase-activating protein (GAP)-related domain (GRD) of IQGAP2. Four molecules of Cdc42 are bound to two GRD molecules, which bind each other in a parallel dimer...
- Anti-inflammatory effect of miltirone on inflammatory bowel disease via TLR4/NF-κB/IQGAP2 signaling pathwayHongjian Wang
The Fifth Department of Digestion, The First Affiliated Hospital of Zhengzhou University, Zhengzhou, 450052, PR China
Biomed Pharmacother 85:531-540. 2017..Miltirone could up-regulate the descreased IQGAP2 expression induced by LPS...
- IQ-motif selectivity in human IQGAP2 and IQGAP3: binding of calmodulin and myosin essential light chainErwan Atcheson
School of Biological Sciences, Queen s University Belfast, Medical Biology Centre, 97 Lisburn Road, Belfast BT9 7BL, U K
Biosci Rep 31:371-9. 2011..Using synthetic peptides and native gel electrophoresis, the binding properties of the IQ-motifs from human IQGAP2 and IQGAP3 have been mapped...
- The nuclear import of the small GTPase Rac1 is mediated by the direct interaction with karyopherin alpha2Kirstin Sandrock
Institut fur Experimentelle und Klinische Pharmakologie und Toxikologie, Albert Ludwigs Universitat, Freiburg, Germany
Traffic 11:198-209. 2010..Liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometry (LC-MS/MS) analysis revealed that nuclear Rac1 coimmunoprecipitates with numerous proteins. In the nucleus, Rac1 may participate in a variety of so far uncharacterized processes...
- Transcript profiling identifies iqgap2(-/-) mouse as a model for advanced human hepatocellular carcinomaDmitri V Gnatenko
Department of Medicine, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, New York, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e71826. 2013..A new hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) mouse model lacking a novel putative tumor suppressor IQGAP2 has been generated by our laboratory...
- Differential requirements for actin polymerization, calmodulin, and Ca2+ define distinct stages of lysosome/phagosome targetingWalter Stockinger
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, The Biological Laboratories, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
Mol Biol Cell 17:1697-710. 2006..Major proteins in the active fractions included actin, calmodulin and IQGAP2. IQGAPs are known to bind calmodulin and cross-link F-actin, suggesting a key coordinating role during lysosome/..
- Transcriptional responses to epigallocatechin-3 gallate in HT 29 colon carcinoma spheroidsPatricia McLoughlin
Roche Centre for Medical Genomics, F Hoffmann La Roche, Ltd, Postfach, 4070 Basel, Switzerland
Genes Cells 9:661-9. 2004..In agreement with the DNA chip data, IQGAP2 protein was not increased in spheroids but protein formation was totally blocked in EGCG-treated cells...
- IQGAP proteins are integral components of cytoskeletal regulationMichael W Briggs
Brigham and Women s Hospital, Thorn 530, 75 Francis Street, Boston, MA 02115, USA
EMBO Rep 4:571-4. 2003..the structure and function of IQGAP1 as a member of the family of IQGAP proteins and summarize the current knowledge about IQGAP1 and IQGAP2. Collectively, these data reveal that IQGAP1 is a fundamental regulator of cytoskeletal function.
- Polarized distribution of IQGAP proteins in gastric parietal cells and their roles in regulated epithelial cell secretionRihong Zhou
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of California, Berkeley 94720, USA
Mol Biol Cell 14:1097-108. 2003..In addition, we revealed that two Cdc42 regulators, IQGAP1 and IQGAP2, are present in gastric parietal cells...
- Four new loci associations discovered by pathway-based and network analyses of the genome-wide variability profile of Hirschsprung's diseaseRaquel Ma Fernández
Department of Genetics, Reproduction and Fetal Medicine, Institute of Biomedicine of Seville IBIS, University Hospital Virgen del Rocío CSIC University of Seville, Seville, Spain
Orphanet J Rare Dis 7:103. 2012..Among the preselected candidates, a total of 4 loci, RASGEF1A, IQGAP2, DLC1 and CHRNA7, related to signal transduction and migration processes, were found to be significantly ..
- IQ-motif peptides as novel anti-microbial agentsDenise T F McLean
Centre for Infection and Immunity, School of Medicine, Dentistry and Biomedical Sciences, Health Sciences Building, 97 Lisburn Road, Belfast BT9 7AE, UK
Biochimie 95:875-80. 2013..tested eight peptides encoding the sequences of IQ-motifs derived from the human cytoskeletal scaffolding proteins IQGAP2 and IQGAP3...
- Watch the GAP: Emerging Roles for IQ Motif-Containing GTPase-Activating Proteins IQGAPs in Hepatocellular CarcinomaValentina A Schmidt
Department of Medicine, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY 11794 8151, USA
Int J Hepatol 2012:958673. 2012IQ motif-containing GTPase-activating proteins IQGAP1 and IQGAP2 are highly homologous multidomain scaffolding proteins...
- IQGAP proteins reveal an atypical phosphoinositide (aPI) binding domain with a pseudo C2 domain foldMiles J Dixon
Division of Cell Signalling and Immunology, College of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, Dow St, Dundee DD1 5EH, Scotland, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 287:22483-96. 2012..The crystal structure of the C-terminal IQGAP2 PI binding module reveals unexpected topological similarity to an integral fold of C2 domains, including a ..
- IQGAP2, A candidate tumour suppressor of prostate tumorigenesisYanyun Xie
Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, Canada
Biochim Biophys Acta 1822:875-84. 2012Loss of IQGAP2 contributes to the tumorigenesis of hepatocellular carcinoma and gastric cancer. However, whether IQGAP2 also suppresses prostate tumorigenesis remains unclear...
- A mechanosensory system governs myosin II accumulation in dividing cellsYee Seir Kee
Department of Cell Biology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Mol Biol Cell 23:1510-23. 2012..Here we show that the regulatory and contractility network composed of myosin II, cortexillin I, IQGAP2, kinesin-6 (kif12), and inner centromeric protein (INCENP) is a mechanical stress-responsive system...
- Involvement of IQGAP3, a regulator of Ras/ERK-related cascade, in hepatocyte proliferation in mouse liver regeneration and developmentKoshi Kunimoto
Laboratory of Biological Science, Graduate School of Frontier Biosciences and Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka University, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
J Cell Physiol 220:621-31. 2009..In immunofluorescence, IQGAP3 was highly enriched at cell-cell contacts of hepatocytes. IQGAP1 and IQGAP2 were exclusively expressed in Kupffer and sinusoidal endothelial cells, respectively, in normal, regenerating, and ..
- RhoG signals in parallel with Rac1 and Cdc42Krister Wennerberg
Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7295, USA
J Biol Chem 277:47810-7. 2002..Thus, RhoG may be activated concurrently with Rac1 and Cdc42. Second, some effectors of Rac/Cdc42 (IQGAP2, MLK-3, PLD1), but not others (e.g...
- Localization of two IQGAPs in cultured cells and early embryos of Xenopus laevisSawako Yamashiro
Division of Biology, Department of Life Sciences, Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, University of Tokyo, Komaba, Meguro ku, Tokyo 153 8902, Japan
Cell Motil Cytoskeleton 55:36-50. 2003..cDNAs encoding homologues of mammalian IQGAP, XIQGAP1, and XIQGAP2, which show high homology with human IQGAP1 and IQGAP2, respectively...
- Evidence that HAX-1 is an interleukin-1 alpha N-terminal binding proteinH Yin
Orthopaedic Research Laboratories, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Cytokine 15:122-37. 2001..HAX-1 may serve to retain the IL-1 NTP in the cytoplasm, and complex formation between the IL-1 NTP and HAX-1 may play a role in motility and/or adhesion of cells...
- Gastric hyperplasia in mice lacking the putative Cdc42 effector IQGAP1S Li
Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center, Harvard Medical School, Charlestown, Massachusetts 02129, USA
Mol Cell Biol 20:697-701. 2000..While we cannot exclude that functional redundancy with IQGAP2 contributes to the lack of developmental phenotypes, the restricted expression pattern of IQGAP2 is not obviously ..
- Characterization of the interactions between the small GTPase Cdc42 and its GTPase-activating proteins and putative effectors. Comparison of kinetic properties of Cdc42 binding to the Cdc42-interactive domainsB Zhang
Department of Biochemistry, University of Tennessee, Memphis, Tennessee 38163, USA
J Biol Chem 272:21999-2007. 1997..the Cdc42/Rac interactive binding (CRIB) motif-containing molecules, and the RasGAP domain containing IQGAP1 and IQGAP2. In the present study, we have determined the kinetic parameters underlying the functional interactions between ..
- IQGAPs are differentially expressed and regulated in polarized gastric epithelial cellsCatherine S Chew
Institute of Molecular Medicine and Genetics, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, GA 30912 3175, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 288:G376-87. 2005..Recently, Cdc42 was implicated in regulation of gastric parietal cell HCl secretion, and IQGAP2 was immunolocalized with Cdc42 to F-actin-rich intracellular canalicular membranes of isolated gastric parietal ..
- Dual activation of pathways regulated by steroid receptors and peptide growth factors in primary prostate cancer revealed by Factor Analysis of microarray dataJuan Jose Lozano
Bioinformatics Unit, Centro de Biologia Molecular Severo Ochoa CSIC UAM, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Cantoblanco, 28049 Madrid, Spain
BMC Genomics 6:109. 2005..We tested the approach with a published dataset of microarray experiments in yeast. Upon validation with the yeast dataset, we applied the technique to a prostate cancer dataset...
- Identification of a putative effector for Cdc42Hs with high sequence similarity to the RasGAP-related protein IQGAP1 and a Cdc42Hs binding partner with similarity to IQGAP2S J McCallum
Department of Biochemistry, Veterinary Medical Center, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 14853, USA
J Biol Chem 271:21732-7. 1996..identity with the human IQGAP1 protein, while two peptides derived from p175 were 89 and 100% identical to human IQGAP2. These findings identify IQGAP1 and IQGAP2 as a new class of target/effectors that utilize both regions of the ..
- PTEN-mediated apical segregation of phosphoinositides controls epithelial morphogenesis through Cdc42Fernando Martin-Belmonte
Department of Anatomy, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Cell 128:383-97. 2007..Loss of function of PTEN, Anx2, Cdc42, or aPKC prevents normal development of the apical surface and lumen. We conclude that the mechanism of PTEN, PtdIns(4,5)P2, Anx2, Cdc42, and aPKC controls apical plasma membrane and lumen formation...
- IQGAP2 is required for the cadherin-mediated cell-to-cell adhesion in Xenopus laevis embryosSawako Yamashiro
Division of Biology, Department of Life Sciences, Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, University of Tokyo, Komaba, Meguro ku, Tokyo 153 8902, Japan
Dev Biol 308:485-93. 2007..two Xenopus homologues of mammalian IQGAP, XIQGAP1 and XIQGAP2, which show high homology with human IQGAP1 and IQGAP2, respectively...
- Development of hepatocellular carcinoma in Iqgap2-deficient mice is IQGAP1 dependentValentina A Schmidt
Division of Hematology, HSC T15, Rm 040, State University of New York at Stony Brook, Stony Brook, NY 11794 8151, USA
Mol Cell Biol 28:1489-502. 2008..Targeted disruption of the murine Iqgap2 gene resulted in the age-dependent development of apoptosis and hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC), characterized by ..
- Quantitative proteomic signature of liver cancer cells: tissue transglutaminase 2 could be a novel protein candidate of human hepatocellular carcinomaYulin Sun
State Key Laboratory of Molecular Oncology, Department of Abdominal Surgery, Cancer Institute and Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Beijing, 100021 P R China
J Proteome Res 7:3847-59. 2008..such as AFP, intercellular adhesion molecule-1 (ICAM-1), IQ motif containing GTPase activating protein 2 (IQGAP2), claudin-1 (CLDN1) and tissue transglutaminase 2 (TGM2), were validated both in multiple cell lines and in 61 ..
- IQGAPs in cancer: a family of scaffold proteins underlying tumorigenesisColin D White
Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
FEBS Lett 583:1817-24. 2009..b>IQGAP2 and IQGAP3 harbor all the domains identified in IQGAP1, but their biological roles are poorly defined...
- Gemcitabine and arabinosylcytosin pharmacogenomics: genome-wide association and drug response biomarkersLiang Li
Molecular Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
PLoS ONE 4:e7765. 2009..One SNP in IQGAP2 (rs3797418) was significantly associated with variation in both the expression of multiple genes and gemcitabine ..
- A genome-wide association study for age-related hearing impairment in the SaamiLut Van Laer
Department of Medical Genetics, University of Antwerp, Antwerp, Belgium
Eur J Hum Genet 18:685-93. 2010..was associated with PC3 and was localised in an intron of the IQ motif-containing GTPase-activating-like protein (IQGAP2). Intriguingly, the SNP rs161927 (P-value 0...
- IQGAP1 and IQGAP2 are reciprocally altered in hepatocellular carcinomaColin D White
Department of Pathology, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
BMC Gastroenterol 10:125. 2010IQGAP1 and IQGAP2 are homologous members of the IQGAP family of scaffold proteins. Accumulating evidence implicates IQGAPs in tumorigenesis...
- Sulfatase 1 and sulfatase 2 in hepatocellular carcinoma: associated signaling pathways, tumor phenotypes, and survivalJu Dong Yang
Miles and Shirley Fiterman Center for Digestive Diseases, College of Medicine, Mayo Clinic and Mayo Clinic Cancer Center, Rochester, MN, USA
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 50:122-35. 2011..strong positive correlations with periostin, IQGAP1, TGFB1, and vimentin and inverse correlations with HNF4A and IQGAP2. Genes correlated with both SULFs were highly associated with the cell adhesion, cytoskeletal remodeling, blood ..
- Ablation of Iqgap2 protects from diet-induced hepatic steatosis due to impaired fatty acid uptakeCarmine S Chiariello
Program in Genetics, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY 11794, USA
Regul Pept 173:36-46. 2012..Our previous work using mice deficient of the Iqgap2 gene established a highly novel link between IQGAP2, a putative GTPase-activating protein, and ..
- Subcellular tissue proteomics of hepatocellular carcinoma for molecular signature discoveryYong Yook Lee
Department of Research, Carolinas HealthCare System, Charlotte, NC, USA
J Proteome Res 10:5070-83. 2011..Furthermore, we validated the potential molecular targets of HCC, MATR3, LETM1, ILF2, and IQGAP2 by Western blotting, immunohistochemisty, and immunofluorescent microscopy...
- Anchored protein kinase A recruitment of active Rac GTPaseJeremy S Logue
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
J Biol Chem 286:22113-21. 2011..of a ternary complex of AKAP220, the PKA holoenzyme, and the IQ domain GTPase-activating protein 2 isoform (IQGAP2) that is enriched at cortical regions of the cell...
- The interaction of IQGAPs with calmodulin-like proteinsSevvel Pathmanathan
School of Biological Sciences, Queen s University Belfast, Medical Biology Centre, 97 Lisburn Road, Belfast BT9 7BL, UK
Biochem Soc Trans 39:694-9. 2011..The three human IQGAP isoforms (IQGAP1, IQGAP2 and IQGAP3) all have four IQ motifs...
- KIMBERLEY JANE EVASON; Fiscal Year: 2016..promotes tumor formation in fish via activation of specific genes, including myc, epcam, lef1, foxo1a, and iqgap2, and regulation of specific microRNAs. Dr...
- MOLECULAR CHARACTERIZATION OF A THROMBIN RECEPTORWadie Bahou; Fiscal Year: 2007..functional genomics," we have identified and initially characterized a putative racl/cdc42 effector protein (IQGAP2) uniquely situated within the protease-activated gene cluster on chromosome 5q13...
- Regulation of Actin Assembly and Cell Motility by IQGAPsGEORGE BLOOM; Fiscal Year: 2009..These include IQGAP2, which is known to exist at the protein level, and IQGAP3, which has been inferred from genomic DNA and expressed ..
- Role of IQGAP2 in platelet thrombin signalingVALENTINA SCHMIDT; Fiscal Year: 2004..Genomic analysis of the PAR cluster on chromosome 5813 identified the gene encoding IQGAP2, a putative Rho GTPase-activating protein (GAP), in close proximity to the PAR1 gene...