Gene Symbol: INMT
Description: indolethylamine N-methyltransferase
Alias: TEMT, indolethylamine N-methyltransferase, amine N-methyltransferase, aromatic alkylamine N-methyltransferase, arylamine N-methyltransferase, indolamine N-methyltransferase, nicotine N-methyltransferase, thioether S-methyltransferase
- The Association between the Urinary Excretion of Trimethylselenonium and Trimethylsulfonium in HumansBassam Lajin
Institute of Chemistry Analytical Chemistry, NAWI Graz, University of Graz, Universitaetsplatz 1, 8010, Graz, Austria
PLoS ONE 11:e0167013. 2016..In vitro studies showed that the enzyme indole-ethylamine N-methyltransferase (INMT) is responsible for the production of trimethylsulfonium as well as its selenium analogue trimethylselenonium (TMSe)..
- Microarray Expression Data Identify DCC as a Candidate Gene for Early Meningioma ProgressionHans Juergen Schulten
Center of Excellence in Genomic Medicine Research, King Abdulaziz University, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
PLoS ONE 11:e0153681. 2016..domain (TM) and cytoplasmic domain, (semaphorin) 6D (SEMA6D), and indolethylamine N-methyltransferase (INMT)...
- Read-through transcripts in normal human lung parenchyma are down-regulated in lung adenocarcinomaGiulia Pintarelli
Department of Predictive and Prevention Medicine, Fondazione IRCCS, Istituto Nazionale dei Tumori, Milan, Italy
Oncotarget 7:27889-98. 2016..Wilcoxon's signed-rank test for paired samples) for eight transcripts: ELAVL1-TIMM44, FAM162B-ZUFSP, IFNAR2-IL10RB, INMT-FAM188B, KIAA1841-C2orf74, NFATC3-PLA2G15, SIRPB1-SIRPD, and SHANK3-ACR...
- Selenium metabolism to the trimethylselenonium ion (TMSe) varies markedly because of polymorphisms in the indolethylamine N-methyltransferase geneDoris Kuehnelt
Institute of Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, NAWI Graz, University of Graz, Graz, Austria
Am J Clin Nutr 102:1406-15. 2015..Selenium is an essential element, but its metabolism in humans is not well characterized. A few small studies indicate that the trimethylselenonium ion (TMSe) is a common selenium metabolite in humans...
- Potential Association of INMT Nonsynonymous Variant (His46Pro) with Hirschsprung's DiseaseJason Yongha Kim
Department of Life Science, Sogang University, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Neonatology 108:164-71. 2015..Recently, our group has conducted a genome-wide association study in Korean HSCR cases and controls to identify novel markers in other genes...
- Transcriptome analysis in rat kidneys: importance of genes involved in programmed hypertensionYou Lin Tain
Department of Pediatrics, Kaohsiung Chang Gung Memorial Hospital and Chang Gung University College of Medicine, Kaohsiung 833, Taiwan
Int J Mol Sci 16:4744-58. 2015..We observed five shared genes (Bcl6, Dmrtc1c, Egr1, Inmt, and Olr1668) among three different models...
- Comparison of senescence-associated miRNAs in primary skin and lung fibroblastsAlice C Holly
Institute of Biomedical and Clinical Sciences, University of Exeter Medical School, University of Exeter, Barrack Road, Exeter, Devon, EX1 2LU, UK
Biogerontology 16:423-34. 2015..02 [skin] and 0.02 [lung] INMT; p = 0.03 [skin] and 0.04 [lung])...
- Noncompetitive inhibition of indolethylamine-N-methyltransferase by N,N-dimethyltryptamine and N,N-dimethylaminopropyltryptamineUyen B Chu
Department of Neuroscience, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, 1300 University Avenue, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, United States
Biochemistry 53:2956-65. 2014Indolethylamine-N-methyltransferase (INMT) is a Class 1 transmethylation enzyme known for its production of N,N-dimethyltryptamine (DMT), a hallucinogen with affinity for various serotonergic, adrenergic, histaminergic, dopaminergic, and ..
- TCDD dysregulation of 13 AHR-target genes in rat liverJohn D Watson
Ontario Institute for Cancer Research, Department of Informatics and Bio computing Program, Toronto, Canada Electronic address
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 274:445-54. 2014..10-100 fold higher, in at least one strain (Ahrr (L-E), Aldh3a1 (both), Cyp1a2 (both), Cyp1b1 (both), Cyp2a1 (L-E), Inmt (both), Nfe2l2 (L-E), Nqo1 (L-E) and Tiparp (both))...
- A genome-wide association study of nephrolithiasis in the Japanese population identifies novel susceptible Loci at 5q35.3, 7p14.3, and 13q14.1Yuji Urabe
Laboratory of Molecular Medicine, Human Genome Center, Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
PLoS Genet 8:e1002541. 2012..3 (rs11746443; P = 8.51×10⁻¹², odds ratio (OR) = 1.19), INMT-FAM188B-AQP1 on 7p14.3 (rs1000597; P = 2.16×10⁻¹⁴, OR = 1.22), and DGKH on 13q14...
- Cystathionine β-synthase deficiency causes infertility by impairing decidualization and gene expression networks in uterus implantation sitesMario Nuño-Ayala
Departamento de Bioquimica y Biologia Molecular y Celular, Facultad de Veterinaria, Instituto de Investigación Sanitaria de Aragón, Universidad de Zaragoza, Zaragoza, Spain
Physiol Genomics 44:702-16. 2012..We found that changes in expression of Calb1, Ttr, Expi, Inmt, Spink3, Rpgrip1, Krt15, Mt-4, Gzmc, Gzmb, Tdo2, and Afp were important for pregnancy success, since a different ..
- Development of the sigma-1 receptor in C-terminals of motoneurons and colocalization with the N,N'-dimethyltryptamine forming enzyme, indole-N-methyl transferaseT A Mavlyutov
Department of Neuroscience, University of Wisconsin, School of Medicine and Public Health, 1300 University Ave, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Neuroscience 206:60-8. 2012..We found that indole-N-methyl transferase (INMT), an enzyme that converts tryptamine into the sigma-1 ligand dimethyltryptamine (DMT), is also localized to ..
- [Absorption, metabolism and excretion of nicotine in humans]Robert Sobkowiak
Zakład Biologii Komórki, Instytut Biologii Eksperymentalnej, Uniwersytet im Adama Mickiewicza, Poznan, Poland
Postepy Biochem 59:33-44. 2013..The rate of nicotine metabolism is affected by diversified activity of polymorphic enzymes involved in this process, diet, gender and physiological condition of the organism...
- A replication study for three nephrolithiasis loci at 5q35.3, 7p14.3 and 13q14.1 in the Japanese populationTakahiro Yasui
Department of Nephro urology, Nagoya City University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Nagoya, Japan
J Hum Genet 58:588-93. 2013..3 (RGS14-SLC34A1-PFN3-F12); rs12669187 and rs1000597 from 7p14.3 (INMT-FAM188B-AQP1); and rs7981733, rs1170155, and rs4142110 from 13q14...
- Common transcriptional effects in the mouse striatum following chronic treatment with heroin and methamphetamineM Piechota
Department of Molecular Neuropharmacology, Institute of Pharmacology PAS, Smetna 12, Krakow, Poland
Genes Brain Behav 11:404-14. 2012..enriched in the nucleus accumbens and includes well known (Pdyn, Cartpt and Rgs2) as well as new (Fam40b and Inmt) candidate genes...
- Rates of in vivo methylation of desipramine and nortriptylineMolly P Kurpius
College of Pharmacy, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52246, USA
Pharmacotherapy 26:505-10. 2006..Awareness of the phenomenon could help in discouraging repeated laboratory tests and unnecessary adjustments of drug therapies, resulting in cost savings and better patient outcomes...
- Metabolism and disposition kinetics of nicotineJanne Hukkanen
Division of Clinical Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, Medical Service, San Francisco Genreral Hospital Medical Center, and the Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, Box 1220, San Francisco, CA 94143 1220, USA
Pharmacol Rev 57:79-115. 2005..Due to the significance of the CYP2A6 enzyme in nicotine clearance, special emphasis is given to the effects and population distributions of CYP2A6 alleles and the regulation of CYP2A6 enzyme...
- Purification and molecular properties of rabbit lung indolamine N-methyltransferaseG Irace
Biochemistry 21:1464-70. 1982Indolamine N-methyltransferase (INMT) has been purified to an apparent homogeneity from rabbit lung, and some of its catalytic and physicochemical properties have been examined...
- Plasma indolethylamine-n-methyltransferase activity and growth hormone level during sleep: a pilot studyM Strahilevitz
Biol Psychiatry 12:171-80. 1977..In the plasma samples from seven of the subjects, indolethylamine-N-methyltransferase (INMT) activity was also determined...
- Identification of markers of prostate cancer progression using candidate gene expressionS E T Larkin
School of Pharmacy and Biomedical Sciences, University of Portsmouth, St Michaels Building, White Swan Road, Portsmouth, PO1 2DT, UK
Br J Cancer 106:157-65. 2012..The basis of this variable prognosis is poorly understood, despite considerable research. The aim of this study was to identify markers associated with the progression of PCa...
- Metallothioneins and brain injury: What transgenic mice tell usJuan Hidalgo
Neurosciences and Department of Cellular Biology, Physiology and Immunology, Animal Physiology Unit, Faculty of Sciences, Autonomous University of Barcelona, Bellaterra, 08193, Barcelona, Spain
Environ Health Prev Med 9:87-94. 2004..Results obtained inMT-1&2-null mice and in MT-1-overexpressing mice strongly suggeset that these MT isoforms are important ..
- Hepatic transcriptomic responses to TCDD in dioxin-sensitive and dioxin-resistant rats during the onset of toxicityPaul C Boutros
Informatics and Bio computing Platform, Ontario Institute for Cancer Research, Toronto, Canada
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 251:119-29. 2011..in both strains at all time points tested, including CYP1A1, CYP1A2, CYP1B1, Nqo1, Aldh3a1, Tiparp, Exoc3, and Inmt. Outside this core, the strains differed significantly in the breadth of response: three-fold more genes were ..
- Rapid decrease in active tension generated by C2C12 myotubes after termination of artificial exerciseHideaki Fujita
Toyota Central R and D Labs Incorporation, Yokomichi, Nagakute, Aichi, 480 1192, Japan
J Muscle Res Cell Motil 31:279-88. 2010..revealed that the expression of several genes associated with atrophy, namely Smc6, Vegfa, Jarid2, Kitl, Cds2, Inmt, Fasn, Neurl, Topors, and Cul2, were also changed after termination of artificial exercise...
- Differences in gene expression levels between early and later stages of human lung development are opposite to those between normal lung tissue and non-small lung cell carcinomaEugene P Kopantzev
Shemyakin Ovchinnikov Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry, Russian Academy of Sciences, 16 10 Miklukho Maklaya, Moscow 117997, Russia
Lung Cancer 62:23-34. 2008..from human fetal and adult lungs revealed 12 differentially transcribed genes: ADH1B, AQP1, FOLR1, SLC34A2, CAV1, INMT, TXNIP, TPM4, ICAM-1, HLA-DRA, EFNA1 and HLA-E...
- Potentially hallucinogenic 5-hydroxytryptamine receptor ligands bufotenine and dimethyltryptamine in blood and tissuesJ Kärkkäinen
Peijas Hospital, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Vantaa, Finland
Scand J Clin Lab Invest 65:189-99. 2005..indolethylamines (DMIAs) formed from serotonin and tryptamine by the enzyme indolethylamine N-methyltransferase (INMT) ubiquitously present in non-neural tissues...
- Arylamine N-methyltransferase and thiol methyltransferase activities in cholestatic rat liver induced by common bile duct ligationY H Kim
Department of Biochemistry, Keimyung University School of Medicine, Taegu, Korea
Exp Mol Med 33:23-8. 2001..01 and 0.001, respectively). These results suggest that the biosynthesis of arylamine N-methyltransferase and thiol methyltransferase have been induced in response to obstructive jaundice...
- Human indolethylamine N-methyltransferase: cDNA cloning and expression, gene cloning, and chromosomal localizationM A Thompson
Department of Pharmacology, Mayo Medical School Mayo Clinic Mayo Foundation, Rochester, Minnesota, 55905, USA
Genomics 61:285-97. 1999Indolethylamine N-methyltransferase (INMT) catalyzes the N-methylation of tryptamine and structurally related compounds...
- Stereospecific N-methylation of the tetrahydroisoquinoline alkaloids isosalsoline and salsolidine by amine N-methyltransferase A from bovine liverA H Bahnmaier
Department of Physiological Chemistry, University of Ulm, Germany
Chirality 11:160-5. 1999..The results were obtained by using two independent methods, namely a radioassay and HPLC following separate incubation experiments...
- Rabbit lung indolethylamine N-methyltransferase. cDNA and gene cloning and characterizationM A Thompson
Department of Pharmacology, Mayo Medical School Mayo Clinic Mayo Foundation, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
J Biol Chem 273:34502-10. 1998Indolethylamine N-methyltransferase (INMT) catalyzes the N-methylation of tryptamine and structurally related compounds...
- Fluorometric assay of rat tissue N-methyltransferases with nicotinamide and four isomeric methylnicotinamidesA Sano
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Science University of Tokyo, Japan
Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo) 40:153-6. 1992..The fluorometric methods used here are also very useful because of their simplicity, sensitivity and selectivity...